Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant neoplasm that contains elements of carcinoma and sarcoma so extensively intermixed as to indicate neoplasia of epithelial and mesenchymal tissue. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Surveillance, epidemiology, and end results analysis of 2677 cases of uterine sarcoma 1989-1999Sandra E Brooks
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Gynecol Oncol 93:204-8. 2004..To determine the association of race with incidence, histology, treatment, and survival in women with uterine sarcoma during the period 1989-1999...
- Adrenocortical carcinosarcoma: a case report and review of the literatureKotaro Sasaki
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 15232 USA
Diagn Pathol 5:51. 2010Adrenocortical carcinosarcoma is an extremely rare and aggressive variant of adrenocortical carcinoma characterized by the presence of both carcinomatous and sarcomatous components, with the latter often showing heterologous ..
- Micro-RNA signature of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in endometrial carcinosarcomaMaria Angeles Castilla
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío IBIS, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
J Pathol 223:72-80. 2011..These data suggest that in human ECS, the interplay between transcriptional repressors of E-cadherin and miRNAs provides a link between EMT-activation and the maintenance of stemness...
- CD133+ cancer stem cell-like cells derived from uterine carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed Müllerian tumor)Batsuren Choijamts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Stem Cells 29:1485-95. 2011..We herein identify and characterize CSCs in human uterine carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed Müllerian tumor), which is one of the most aggressive and therapy-resistant gynecological ..
- Gallbladder carcinosarcoma: a case report and literature reviewKevin L Huguet
Department of Transplantation, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 9:818-21. 2005b>Carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder is a rare malignancy characterized by both malignant epithelial and mesenchymal components. The clinical behavior of this tumor is extremely aggressive...
- Endometrial carcinosarcoma presenting as a tibial metastasisMasako Ishibashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Matsue Red Cross Hospital, Horo 200, Matsue, 690 8506, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 12:305-8. 2007..A diagnostic workup revealed primary endometrial carcinosarcoma with an isolated tibial metastasis...
- Thyroid carcinosarcoma in a dogB Grubor
Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
Vet Pathol 42:84-7. 2005..The cervical mass was surgically removed and fixed in 10% buffered formalin. Histopathologic diagnosis was carcinosarcoma supported by positive immunohistochemistry (IHC) results for cytokeratin and vimentin...
- Management of primary liver sarcomasJuürgen Weitz
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 109:1391-6. 2007..Primary hepatic sarcoma is a rare entity. The objectives of the study were to define treatment and long-term outcome and to identify prognostic factors...
- Current management of ovarian carcinosarcomaM S Mano
Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:316-24. 2007..However, this procedure has been associated with higher rates of complication in OCS and should only be attempted by experienced (gynecological) surgeons in centers with expertise in the management of gynecological malignancies...
- Carcinosarcoma of the pancreas: a unique case with emphasis on metaplastic transformation and the presence of undifferentiated pleomorphic high-grade sarcomaHyun Soo Kim
Department of Pathology, Kyung Hee University, Graduate School of Medicine, Seoul, Republik of Korea
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 20:197-200. 2011We report a rare case of pancreatic carcinosarcoma in a 48-year-old man. An abdominal ultrasound scan incidentally detected a large heterogeneous mass in the left upper quadrant...
- Phase III randomised study to evaluate the role of adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy in the treatment of uterine sarcomas stages I and II: an European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Gynaecological Cancer Group Study (protocol 55874)N S Reed
Beatson Oncology Centre, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow G12 0YN, Scotland, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 44:808-18. 2008..CS appears to show more kinship to poorly differentiated endometrial carcinomas in behaviour. LMS did not show the same benefit from radiation. These results will help shape future management and clinical trials in uterine sarcomas...
- A rare case of carcinosarcoma of the maxillary sinus with osteosarcomatous differentiationY Furuta
Department of Otolaryngology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 28:S127-9. 2001A unique case of carcinosarcoma in the maxillary sinus is reported. A 47-year-old man visited our hospital with complaints of right nasal obstruction and bloody rhinorrhea...
- Prognoses and prognostic factors of carcinosarcoma, endometrial stromal sarcoma and uterine leiomyosarcoma: a comparison with uterine endometrial adenocarcinomaJun ichi Akahira
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Oncology 71:333-40. 2006..were to evaluate the factors affecting prognosis in patients with uterine sarcomas and to demonstrate that carcinosarcoma bears a similarity to high-grade endometrial carcinoma in terms of its prognosis and clinicopathological ..
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary: natural history, patterns of treatment, and outcomeErin M George
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Gynecol Oncol 131:42-5. 2013..Ovarian carcinosarcomas (OCS) are rare tumors composed of both malignant epithelial and mesenchymal elements. We compared the natural history and outcomes of OCS to serous carcinoma of the ovary...
- Wilms' tumor 1 protein and estrogen receptor beta expression are associated with poor outcomes in uterine carcinosarcomaSaketh R Guntupalli
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado School of Medicine at Denver, Denver, CO, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2373-9. 2013Uterine carcinosarcoma (CS) is an aggressive malignancy...
- Intracardiac ectopic thyroid carcinosarcoma in a dogK M Almes
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Vet Pathol 45:500-4. 2008..Histopathologic diagnosis was an ectopic thyroid carcinosarcoma based on the presence of 3 distinct neoplastic tissue types...
- Pheophorbide a based photodynamic therapy induces apoptosis via mitochondrial-mediated pathway in human uterine carcinosarcomaPatrick Ming Kuen Tang
Department of Biochemistry Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Biol Ther 8:533-9. 2009Uterine carcinosarcoma is an aggressive neoplasm with low survival rates because of the lack of very effective chemotherapy protocol. Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is recently suggested to be an efficient protocol for this cancer...
- Co-expression of GPR30 and ERbeta and their association with disease progression in uterine carcinosarcomaGloria S Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center Bronx, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:242.e1-5. 2010We sought to evaluate the expression of G protein-coupled receptor 30 (GPR30) and estrogen receptor (ER)beta in uterine carcinosarcoma (CS).
- Lung carcinosarcoma in a dog: gross and microscopic examinationG Salas
Departamento de Patologia, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan, C P 04510, Mexico, D F Mexico
Vet J 163:331-4. 2002
- Uterine carcinosarcoma associated with hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerStacey A South
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Surgical Oncology, Clinical Genetics Service, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:543-5. 2007..Numerous neoplasms are known to be associated with this condition. Sarcomas have also been reported within families with HNPCC. The challenge is determining if these cancers are sporadic or hereditary...
- Primary pulmonary sarcomas and carcinosarcomas--postoperative results and comparative survival analysisD B Petrov
Department of Thoracic Surgery, St Sophia University Hospital of Pulmonary Diseases, Sofia, Bulgaria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:461-6. 2003..To evaluate the early and long-term results after surgery for primary pulmonary sarcomas (PPS) and to compare them with those of patients with pulmonary carcinosarcomas (PCaSa)...
- True malignant mixed tumor (carcinosarcoma) of parotid gland : a case reportKavita Mardi
Department of Pathology, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:64-6. 2004The malignant mixed tumor (carcinosarcoma) of the salivary gland is an extremely rare tumor. By definition, it is composed of both malignant epithelial and malignant mesenchymal components...
- Prostatic carcinosarcoma 15 years after combined external beam radiation and brachytherapy for prostatic adenocarcinoma: a case reportT Y Tseng
Division of Urologic Surgery and Duke Prostate Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27704, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 9:195-7. 2006..Pathology revealed carcinosarcoma of prostatic origin...
- Identification of suitable reference genes for gene expression measurement in uterine sarcoma and carcinosarcoma tumorsMagdalena Kowalewska
Department of Molecular Biology, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute of Oncology, W K Roentgena 5, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Biochem 45:368-71. 2012..The purpose of this study was to select appropriate references for gene expression studies in these tumors...
- Primary adrenal gland carcinosarcoma associated with metastatic rectal cancer: a hitherto unreported collision tumorFederica Bertolini
Department of Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Modena, Modena, Italy
Tumori 97:27e-30e. 2011..specimen showed a collision tumor between an adrenal metastasis of a rectal tumor and a primary adrenal gland carcinosarcoma. The peculiarity of the case is due not only to its clinical presentation during pregnancy, but also to the ..
- Adjuvant radiotherapy and/or chemotherapy after surgery for uterine carcinosarcomaKhadra Galaal
Gynaecological Oncology, Princess Alexandra Wing, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD006812. 2013..The survival of women with advanced uterine carcinosarcoma is poor with a pattern of failure indicating greater likelihood of upper abdominal and distant metastatic ..
- Oncocytic adrenal cortical carcinosarcoma with pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcomatous metastasesKhin Thway
Sarcoma Unit, Department of Histopathology, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 36:470-7. 2012Adrenal cortical carcinosarcoma is a rare variant of adrenal cortical carcinoma. Sarcomatous change in adrenal cortical carcinomas is exceptionally rare, with only 9 cases previously described...
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary compared to papillary serous ovarian carcinoma: a SEER analysisJ Alejandro Rauh-Hain
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 131:46-51. 2013The aims of this study are to determine if outcomes of patients with ovarian carcinosarcoma (OCS) differ from women with high grade papillary serous ovarian carcinoma when compared by stage as well as to identify any associated clinico-..
- Prognostic value of alternative lengthening of telomeres-associated biomarkers in uterine sarcoma and uterine carcinosarcomaYoo Kyung Lee
Department of Biological Sciences and Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:434-41. 2012..The goal of this study was to evaluate the frequency of ALT in uterine sarcoma and carcinosarcoma and to assess its association with clinical parameters.
- Differential in vitro sensitivity to patupilone versus paclitaxel in uterine and ovarian carcinosarcoma cell lines is linked to tubulin-beta-III expressionLuisa Carrara
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 125:231-6. 2012..To compare the in vitro sensitivity/resistance to patupilone versus paclitaxel in uterine and ovarian carcinosarcomas (CS)...
- Malignant melanoma arising in an ovarian carcinosarcoma: case report and review of the literatureAndres A Roma
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:158-62. 2011..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of MMMT with melanocytic differentiation described in the ovary...
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary-a case seriesTeresa L Rutledge
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Gynecol Oncol 100:128-32. 2006To evaluate our experience with ovarian carcinosarcoma and identify prognostic factors.
- Carcinosarcoma of the parotid gland: an unusual case with large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma and rhabdomyosarcomaT Ueo
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Hasama machi, Oita, Japan
APMIS 113:456-64. 2005We report a case of carcinosarcoma of the parotid gland in a 72-year-old Japanese man. The patient noticed a rapidly enlarging hard mass in the right parotid gland. He underwent radical parotidectomy with cervical lymph node dissection...
- Case of uterine cervical carcinosarcomaTetsuji Iida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Tokai University, Kanagawa, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 31:404-8. 2005b>Carcinosarcoma (CS) is a rare neoplasm that is called a mixed epithelial and mesenchymal malignancy. CS of the uterine cervix is much less common than its counterparts in the uterine corpus...
- A multi-institutional cohort study of adjuvant therapy in stage I-II uterine carcinosarcomaLeigh A Cantrell
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Gynecol Oncol 127:22-6. 2012To evaluate the impact of adjuvant post-operative therapy in women with early stage uterine carcinosarcoma.
- Prediction of Chemotherapy Response With Platinum and Taxane in the Advanced Stage of Ovarian and Uterine Carcinosarcoma: A Clinical Implication of In vitro Drug Resistance AssayKoji Matsuo
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 33:358-63. 2010To evaluate the role of an in vitro drug resistance assay to predict the response to platinum and taxane combination chemotherapy in advanced ovarian and uterine carcinosarcoma.
- A feasibility study of sequential doublet chemotherapy comprising carboplatin-doxorubicin and carboplatin-paclitaxel for advanced endometrial adenocarcinoma and carcinosarcomaJ E Ang
Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Sutton, Surrey, UK
Ann Oncol 20:1787-93. 2009Platinum compounds, taxanes and anthracyclines provide the major effective drug classes in the treatment of advanced and recurrent endometrial cancer and carcinosarcoma.
- Carcinosarcoma of the lung associated with neurofibromatosis type 1: a case reportRana Citil
Department of Pathology, Kahramanmaras State Hospital, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:90-4. 2012..b>Carcinosarcoma is a rare malignant mixed tumor of the lung...
- Rare tumours in domestic animals: a lipid cell variant of urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder in a cow and a case of vesical carcinosarcoma in a dogG Borzacchiello
Department of Pathology and Animal Health, General Pathology and Anatomic Pathology Divisions Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Naples University FEDERICO II 80137 Naples Italy
Vet Res Commun 28:273-4. 2004
- Effects of PDT with 5-aminolevulinic acid and chitosan on Walker carcinosarcomaA Filip
Department of Physiology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Exp Oncol 30:212-9. 2008..Porphyrins and new chitosan hydrogels based composites with porphyrins are used as active cytotoxic antitumor agents in photodynamic therapy (PDT)...
- Carcinosarcoma arising in uterine didelphys after tamoxifen therapy for breast cancer: a case reportPrapaporn Suprasert
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:608-12. 2010..72 our knowledge, an association between uterine anomaly and uterine carcinosarcoma in these patients had not been reported...
- Cisplatin, doxorubicin and ifosfamide in carcinosarcoma of the female genital tract. A phase II study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Gynaecological Cancer Group (EORTC 55923)R E N Van Rijswijk
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 39:481-7. 2003..Cancer Group therefore decided to perform a prospective phase II study in patients with advanced or metastatic carcinosarcoma with an approach such as that used in gynaecological carcinomas...
- Carcinosarcoma of the parotid gland with epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma and pleomorphic sarcoma componentsS Manuel
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Government Dental College Trivandrum, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:480-3. 2002We report a case of true malignant mixed tumour (carcinosarcoma) of the parotid gland with epithelial-myoepithelial carcinoma and pleomorphic sarcomatous components in a 68-year-old woman...
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary: 19 years of prospective data from a single centerEwan Brown
Cancer Research UK, University of Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Cancer 100:2148-53. 2004A review of clinicopathologic features and outcome in women with carcinosarcoma of the ovary (also known as malignant mixed mesodermal tumor [MMMT]) compared with a group of women with serous adenocarcinoma (SAC) of the ovary was conducted...
- Platinum, anthracycline, and alkylating agent-based chemotherapy for ovarian carcinosarcomaMauro Signorelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology Unit, San Gerardo Hospital, University of Milan Bicocca, Monza, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1142-6. 2009Ovarian carcinosarcoma (OCS) is a rare malignancy associated with a poor prognosis. Platinum, anthracyclines, and alkylating agents are the most effective antiblastic drugs for treatment of gynecologic epithelial and stromal tumors...
- Primary heterologous carcinosarcoma of the ureter with necrotic malignant polyps. Report of a case and review of the literatureKazuyoshi Johnin
Department of Urology, Uji Tokushukai Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Urol Int 70:232-5. 2003b>Carcinosarcoma is a rare and aggressive disease characterized by biphasic neoplasms with distinct mesenchymal and epithelial components. We report a case of ureteral carcinosarcoma with malignant necrotic polyps...
- Carcinosarcoma (pure endocrine cell carcinoma with sarcoma components) of the stomachKazuki Teramachi
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, Chiba, Japan
Pathol Int 53:552-6. 2003A case of gastric carcinosarcoma with a rare histology is reported. Grossly, a huge ulcerative tumor (Borrmann type 3 tumor, measuring 10 x 6 cm) was observed on the lesser curvature side of the stomach...
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary: a case-control studyJ Alejandro Rauh-Hain
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gynecol Oncol 121:477-81. 2011b>Carcinosarcoma of the ovary is a rare tumor with a grim prognosis. Chemotherapy for these tumors is chosen according to guidelines established for epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC)...
- Carcinosarcoma of the pancreas arising in a mucinous cystic neoplasmMark Bloomston
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, E 401 Doan Hall, 410 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am Surg 72:351-5. 2006We report a carcinosarcoma of the pancreas in a 67-year-old woman who presented with nausea, vomiting, and painless jaundice. A work-up demonstrated a well-circumscribed mass in the head of the pancreas...
- Pulmonary carcinosarcoma initially presenting as invasive aspergillosis: a case report of previously unreported combinationAriyo O Olobatoke
Department of Medicine, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Pathol 5:11. 2010b>Carcinosarcoma of the lung is a malignant tumor composed of a mixture of carcinoma and sarcoma elements. The carcinomatous component is most commonly squamous followed by adenocarcinoma...
- Mixed epithelial/mesenchymal metaplastic carcinoma (carcinosarcoma) of the breast in BRCA1 carrierEvgeny N Suspitsin
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, N N Petrov Institute of Oncology, Pesochny 2, St Petersburg, Russia
Breast Cancer 18:137-40. 2011..describes a 35-year-old woman who was diagnosed with mixed epithelial/mesenchymal metaplastic carcinoma (carcinosarcoma) of the breast. Genetic analysis of blood DNA revealed a common founder mutation, BRCA1 5382insC...
- Common genomic aberrations in basaloid squamous cell carcinoma and carcinosarcoma of the esophagus detected by CGH and array CGHInga Marie Schaefer
Dept of Gastroenteropathology, University Medical Center Gottingen, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 135:579-86. 2011Basaloid squamous cell carcinoma (BSCC) and carcinosarcoma of the esophagus are rare entities, making up fewer than 2% of esophageal malignancies...
- Metastatic cutaneous carcinosarcoma to the tongueN Tanaka
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:1033-6. 2010b>Carcinosarcoma is a rare malignant tumour composed of a mixture of carcinomatous and sarcomatous elements. Carcinosarcoma metastatic to the tongue is extremely rare. An 84-year-old woman presented with a rapidly growing mass on the tongue...
- Aberrant nuclear/cytoplasmic localization and gene mutation of beta-catenin in classic pulmonary blastoma: beta-catenin immunostaining is useful for distinguishing between classic pulmonary blastoma and a blastomatoid variant of carcinosarcomaYukio Nakatani
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 28:921-7. 2004..were CPB with l-FLAC/WDFA as the epithelial component, whereas 5 cases (median age 65 years) were a variant of carcinosarcoma with high-grade FLAC/clear cell adenocarcinoma with fetal lung features as the epithelial component, which we ..
- DNA mismatch repair and TP53 defects are early events in uterine carcinosarcoma tumorigenesisNicholas P Taylor
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine and Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1333-8. 2006..003). Our results indicate that defective DNA mismatch repair and TP53 defects are common early events in carcinosarcoma tumorigenesis...
- Primary liver tumors: diagnosis by MR imagingE Rummeny
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
AJR Am J Roentgenol 152:63-72. 1989..95 malignant, 58 benign) in 55 patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (21), cholangiocarcinoma (seven), carcinosarcoma (one), hepatoblastoma (one), hemangioma (16), hepatic adenoma (four), focal nodular hyperplasia (three), ..
- Carcinosarcoma of the stomachFazilet Kayaselcuk
Department of Pathology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Yuregir, Adana, 01250, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 8:275-7. 2002In the gastrointestinal tract, carcinosarcomas are most frequently seen in the esophagus. Carcinosarcoma in the stomach is a rare tumor. We report a carcinosarcoma of the antrum of stomach...
- Carcinosarcoma of the extrahepatic bile ductJun Kadono
Second Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:328-31. 2005A rare case of a carcinosarcoma of the extrahepatic bile duct demonstrating interesting features is described. A 75-year-old woman with a history of choledocholithotomy presented with acute obstructive suppurative cholangitis...
- Carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder: report of a caseMehmet Ali Uzun
Second Department of General Surgery, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Today 39:168-71. 2009Gallbladder carcinosarcoma is one of the rarest subsets of gallbladder malignancies. To date, only 34 cases have been reported in the English literature. Therefore the knowledge and experience regarding this disease is limited...
- A case of rapidly growing pulmonary carcinosarcomaShuichi Sato
Division of Chest Surgery, Niigata Cancer Center Hospital, 2 15 3 Kawagishi cho, Niigata, 951 8566, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 15:319-24. 2010We report herein a case of rapidly growing pulmonary carcinosarcoma, a rare and highly malignant lung neoplasm characterized by a biphasic histopathological pattern consisting of both epithelial and sarcomatous components, and we also ..
- The role of whole-pelvic irradiation in the treatment of early-stage uterine carcinosarcomaD S Chi
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 65:493-8. 1997Thirty-eight patients with Stage I and II uterine carcinosarcoma were treated by surgery with and without whole-pelvic irradiation (WPI) at our institution from 1975 to 1993...
- So-called carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder; spindle cell carcinoma of the gallbladder: report of a caseTsukasa Hotta
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, Japan
Surg Today 32:462-7. 2002We report a so-called carcinosarcoma of the gallbladder in a 53-year-old man...
- A case of pulmonary carcinosarcoma (squamous cell carcinoma and osteosarcoma) treated with cisplatin and doxorubicinFlorian Langer
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätsklinikum Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 26:3893-7. 2006Pulmonary carcinosarcoma is a rare malignancy composed of epithelial and mesenchymal elements. Little information is available on systemic treatment options for this tumor entity.
- Adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy for uterine carcinosarcoma in a high risk populationT Le
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:282-5. 2001The purpose of this study was to examine the clinical outcomes of patients with uterine carcinosarcoma and to review the role of adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy in the management of patients with high pathologic risk factors for recurrences.
- The role of adjuvant chemotherapy in surgical stages I-II serous and clear cell carcinomas and carcinosarcoma of the endometrium: a collaborative studyIngrid Vandenput
Leuven Cancer Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:332-6. 2011..To assess the impact of adjuvant chemotherapy in early surgically staged type II endometrial cancer (serous [S], clear cell carcinoma [CC]) and carcinosarcomas (CS) on recurrence and survival...
- Carcinosarcoma of the uterus with melanocytic differentiationKarol Kajo
Department of Pathology, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Martin, Slovak Republic
Pathol Res Pract 203:753-8. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, only one case of uterine CS with melanocytic differentiation has been reported in the English literature...
- Uterine carcinosarcoma with melanocytic differentiationF Amant
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division Gynecological Oncology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:186-90. 2001A 65-year-old black woman was found to have a 3.0 cm endometrial tumor that was a carcinosarcoma with a major epithelial and a less prominent mesenchymal component...
- Carcinosarcoma of the esophagus--pattern of recurrenceM F Ziauddin
Catholic Health Partners, Department of Surgery, Chicago, Ill, USA
Dig Surg 18:216-8. 2001b>Carcinosarcoma of the esophagus is a rare malignant neoplasm, predominantly affecting men in their seventh decade of life...
- A phase II evaluation of weekly gemcitabine and docetaxel for second-line treatment of recurrent carcinosarcoma of the uterus: a gynecologic oncology group studyBrigitte E Miller
Carolinas Medical Center, North East Oncology Associates, 100 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025, USA
Gynecol Oncol 118:139-44. 2010The objective of this study was to estimate antitumor activity and toxicity of weekly docetaxel and gemcitabine as second-line chemotherapy for patients with recurrent uterine carcinosarcoma.
- Carcinosarcoma with a large cell neuroendocrine epithelial component: first report of an unusual biphasic tumour of the urinary bladderYu Li
Department of Pathology, V A Medical Center, 4801 Linwood Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
J Clin Pathol 57:318-20. 2004This article describes the first reported case of carcinosarcoma of the urinary bladder with a large cell neuroendocrine epithelial component...
- Phase II evaluation of topotecan in carcinosarcoma of the uterus: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyDavid Scott Miller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, J7 124, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Gynecol Oncol 98:217-21. 2005To estimate the antitumor activity of topotecan in patients with persistent or recurrent carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mullerian tumors) of the uterus and to determine the nature and degree of toxicity of topotecan in this cohort of ..
- Serum CA125 predicts extrauterine disease and survival in uterine carcinosarcomaGloria S Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:513-7. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine the clinical utility of CA125 measurement in patients with uterine carcinosarcoma (CS).
- Can MRI predict the diagnosis of endometrial carcinosarcoma?A V Genever
Department of Radiology, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK
Clin Radiol 66:621-4. 2011To ascertain whether magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to suggest a diagnosis of endometrial carcinosarcoma.
- The uterine carcinosarcoma - a case reportMihaela Niculescu
Department of General Surgery, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 48:431-5. 2007The carcinosarcoma is a malignant mixed müllerian tumor with a highly malignant, biphasic tumor consisting of both epithelial and mesenchymal components. The presented case refers to a patient in climax with a vaginal bleeding...
- 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in uterine carcinosarcomaKung Chu Ho
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 5 Fu Shin Street, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:484-92. 2008Uterine carcinosarcomas clinically confined to the uterus usually harbor occult metastases. We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the value of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) in uterine carcinosarcoma.
- [Carcinosarcoma of the urinary bladder. Report of three cases]Mariem Bel Haj Salah
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologique, Hopital La Rabta
Tunis Med 85:982-4. 2007BACKGROUND: Carcinosarcoma of the urinary bladder is a very rare neoplasm accounting for less than 0,05% of urothelial tumours is a biphasic malignant neoplasm with only 79 cases reported in the English literature...
- Carcinosarcoma of the bladder diverticulum and a review of the literatureChi Wai Cheng
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Int J Urol 11:1136-8. 2004We report a carcinosarcoma within a bladder diverticulum together with a review of 18 previously reported cases of intradiverticular sarcomas and carcinosarcomas with respect to their clinical features, treatments and outcomes...
- Carcinosarcoma of the uterine cervix: a report of eight cases with immunohistochemical analysis and evaluation of human papillomavirus statusW Grayson
Department of Anatomical Pathology, School of Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand, and the South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
Am J Surg Pathol 25:338-47. 2001..This is the first study to implicate HPV in the evolution of cervical MMMTs. The above observations lend support to a metaplastic theory of histogenesis...
- [Carcinosarcoma of the larynx and hypopharynx]A Franzen
Klinik für HNO Krankheiten und Plastische Operationen, Ruppiner Kliniken GmbH, Neuruppin
Laryngorhinootologie 86:209-12. 2007A carcinosarcoma is an uncommon neoplasm with both malignant epithelial and malignant mesenchymal components. The tumor entity has been described in many epithelial organs. Manifestation in the larynx and the hypopharynx is rare.
- Different expression patterns of KIT, EGFR, and HER-2 (c-erbB-2) oncoproteins between epithelial and mesenchymal components in uterine carcinosarcomaMorio Sawada
Department of Gynecology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, and Department of Pathology II, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa
Cancer Sci 94:986-91. 2003Uterine carcinosarcoma histologically comprises the components of epithelial and mesenchymal malignancies, and is known to be clinically highly aggressive...
- Case of carcinosarcoma of urinary bladder obtained a pathologically complete response by neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapySenji Hoshi
Department of Urology and Pathology, Yamagata Prefectural Central Hospital, Yamagata, Japan
Int J Urol 14:79-81. 2007b>Carcinosarcoma of the bladder is an unusual malignancy characterized by an intimate admixture of malignant epithelial elements (carcinoma) and malignant soft tissue elements (sarcoma)...
- Co-existent carcinosarcoma and adenoid basal carcinoma of the uterine cervix and correlation with human papillomavirus infectionYukio Takeshima
Second Department of Pathology, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:186-90. 2002A case of carcinosarcoma associated with an adenoid basal carcinoma of the uterine cervix in an 84-year-old woman is described. The tumor formed a pelvic mass, and total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy was performed...
- Hepatoid carcinoma of the uterus that collided with carcinosarcomaYoshihisa Takahashi
Department of Pathology, Tokyo University Hospital, Japan
Pathol Int 53:323-6. 2003..The present case was pathologically diagnosed as a collision cancer involving a hepatoid carcinoma and a carcinosarcoma. To our knowledge, this is the fourth reported case of a hepatoid carcinoma of the uterus...
- Carcinosarcoma of the uterus: MR findingsYumiko O Tanaka
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:434-9. 2008..To clarify the imaging characteristics of carcinosarcomas, which are the most common malignant mixed epithelial and mesenchymal tumors (MEMTs) of the uterus...
- Primary peritoneal carcinosarcoma (malignant mixed mullerian tumor): Report of a case with five-year disease free survival after surgery and chemoradiation and a review of literatureMa Lee Ko
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Oncol 44:756-60. 2005Malignant mixed mullerian tumors (MMMTs), also known as carcinosarcoma because they contain both carcinomatous and sarcomatous elements are aggressive tumors, which usually arise in the uterus and ovary...
- Carcinosarcoma of the ovary a reviewLeigh A Cantrell
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 64:673-80; quiz 697. 2009b>Carcinosarcoma of the ovary, also referred to as mixed mullerian tumor of the ovary, is a rare and aggressive tumor. This tumor type is unique in that it contains malignant epithelial and stromal elements...
- Evaluation of the relationship between adenosarcoma and carcinosarcoma and a hypothesis of the histogenesis of uterine sarcomasJeffrey D Seidman
Department of Pathology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:75-82. 2003..To elucidate the relationship between carcinosarcoma (malignant mullerian mixed tumor) and adenosarcoma, a series of 26 consecutive endometrial carcinosarcomas was ..
- Carcinosarcoma of the vulva: a case reportVera Loizzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:705-8. 2010b>Carcinosarcoma is a well-recognized tumor even if it is an uncommon entity. Neoplasms usually occur in the oral cavity, pharynx, esophagus, larynx and skin, and have been rarely documented in the female genital tract...
- A phase II study of sorafenib in advanced uterine carcinoma/carcinosarcoma: a trial of the Chicago, PMH, and California Phase II ConsortiaHalla S Nimeiri
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Gynecol Oncol 117:37-40. 2010To determine the efficacy and safety of single agent sorafenib, an oral multi-targeted tyrosine kinase inhibitor, in patients with advanced uterine carcinoma and carcinosarcoma.
- Primary carcinosarcoma of the spleen: case report of a rare tumor and review of the literatureKunal Kochar
Department of Surgery, George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Int J Surg Pathol 17:72-7. 2009b>Carcinosarcoma of extragenital organs is rare. In this article, a case of primary carcinosarcoma of the spleen, which presented as painful splenomegaly is reported...
- Salivary gland carcinosarcoma: oligonucleotide array CGH reveals similar genomic profiles in epithelial and mesenchymal componentsHedy Vékony
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Oral Pathology, Academic Centre for Dentistry ACTA, VU University Medical Center VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 45:259-65. 2009In this study, we present a case of parotid gland de novo carcinosarcoma. Salivary gland carcinosarcoma (or true malignant mixed tumor) is a rare biphasic neoplasm, composed of both malignant epithelial and malignant mesenchymal ..
- A phase II trial of paclitaxel and carboplatin in women with advanced or recurrent uterine carcinosarcomaRobin A Lacour
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center at Shreveport, LA, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:517-22. 2011Systemic therapy for advanced uterine carcinosarcoma (CS) has been disappointing. The most widely studied regimen is ifosfamide and cisplatinum. Moderate success has been documented using paclitaxel in ovarian CS...
- Carcinosarcoma of the pancreas: a case report and review of the literatureFarbod Darvishian
Department of Pathology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1114-7. 2002..To our knowledge, this carcinosarcoma is the seventh reported case of a primary pancreatic neoplasm with mixed carcinomatous and sarcomatous elements...
- Requirement of the Akt/beta-catenin pathway for uterine carcinosarcoma genesis, modulating E-cadherin expression through the transactivation of slugMakoto Saegusa
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Am J Pathol 174:2107-15. 2009....
- Uterine carcinosarcomaSherif A El-Nashar
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 54:292-304. 2011b>Carcinosarcoma is a rare but highly aggressive uterine malignancy. Pathologically, carcinosarcoma is a biphasic neoplasm composed of a mixture of malignant epithelial and mesenchymal components...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin following surgical treatment of urinary bladder carcinosarcomaRocco Damiano
Section of Urology, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Tumori 90:458-60. 2004..b>Carcinosarcoma is highly aggressive and often has a dismal outcome regardless of treatment...
- A gynecologic oncology group randomized phase III trial of whole abdominal irradiation (WAI) vs. cisplatin-ifosfamide and mesna (CIM) as post-surgical therapy in stage I-IV carcinosarcoma (CS) of the uterusAaron H Wolfson
Sylvester Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:177-85. 2007..surgery, there has been no established consensus regarding adjunctive therapy for patients with uterine carcinosarcoma (CS)...
- Early-stage carcinosarcoma of the uterus: the significance of lymph node countS M Temkin
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, SUNY, State University of New York Downstate, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:215-9. 2007b>Carcinosarcoma is a rare tumor of the uterus with a poor prognosis, even when identified and treated at an early stage...
- Malignant biphasic tumors of the lungsAnnikka Weissferdt
Department of Pathology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 18:179-89. 2011..The tumors belonging to this group include pulmonary blastoma, pleuropulmonary blastoma, and carcinosarcoma. In this study, the clinicopathologic features, immunohistochemical phenotype, molecular biological ..
- Carcinosarcoma arising in a patient with multiple cylindromasVincenzo De Francesco
Institute of Dermatology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Pathology and Medicine, University School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Am J Dermatopathol 27:21-6. 2005..Since the Brooke-Spiegler syndrome is characterized by a germline mutation in the CYLD oncosuppressor gene, a biphasic tumor in this setting may represent a true carcinosarcoma.
- Thyroid metastasis of endometrial carcinosarcoma associated with Graves' diseaseOzgur Mete
Department of Pathology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:562-6. 2007..woman who had undergone total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral adnexial resection because of endometrial carcinosarcoma presented with thyrotoxicosis, rapidly enlarging neck mass, right cervical tenderness to the ears, palpitation,..
- POTENTIAL TUMOR OR ORGAN IMAGING AGENTSRAYMOND COUNSELL; Fiscal Year: 1993..several radioiodinated PLE have been shown to accumulate in a variety of tumors including the rat Walker 256 carcinosarcoma, the rabbit Vx2 adenocarcinoma, and human malignant melanoma (HTB63), small cell carcinoma (NCI-69), colon ..
- ANTAGONISTS FOR CIS-PLATINUM NEPHROTOXICITYMark Jones; Fiscal Year: 1990..same protocols will be examined for anti-tumor efficacy in the rat using cis-platinum sensitive Walker 256 carcinosarcoma (ATCC)(CL38) to determine the effect of the measures used to reduce nephrotoxicity on the anti-cancer activity ..
- REGIONAL PERBRONCHIAL CHEMOIMMUNOTHERAPY--BRONCHOCANCERALFRED BRODY; Fiscal Year: 1980..While we are now using Walker Carcinosarcoma in Sprague Dawley outbred rats for the development of techniques, we intend to continue with an allogenic ..
- ONCOTOXIC SPECIFICITY OF CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDENorman Sladek; Fiscal Year: 1980..Sodium thiosulfate will be used to selectively neutralize extracellular phosphoramide mustard. The rat W256 carcinosarcoma and the mouse P388 lymphoma growing in suitable hosts will be used to monitor antitumor activity...
- GROUP TRANSFER PROCESSES IN NORMAL AND MALIGNANT CELLSROBERTS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 1980Our studies have focused on post-translational modification of chromosomal proteins in the nuclei of Walker-256 carcinosarcoma cells and in the nuclei of other rat tissues...
- 25TH IABCR CONGRESS CONFERENCE: PERSONALIZED BREAST CANCER THERAPYRobert Cardiff; Fiscal Year: 2006..The session will also include a plenary lecture from Dr. A Ullrich who pioneered the concept of targeting the HER2 oncogene in the treatment of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOLOGY OF NEOPLASTIC TRANSFORMATION IN BREAST CANCERRobert Cardiff; Fiscal Year: 2005..The goal of this project is to develop a well-characterized model for breast cancer development and to dissect the molecular pathways involved in tumor formation. ..
- PRECLINICAL MODELS OF BREAST CANCERRobert Cardiff; Fiscal Year: 2003..The theme of the workshop is "High Throughput Phenotyping: From Mouse to Molecule in One Day!" It will allow the student to examine and compare the best and fastest phenotyping technology currently available. ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- STI571 Therapy for Gastrointestinal Stromal TumorsRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results are essential to advance our understanding of GIST biology and determine the therapeutic value and limitations of STI571. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in Listeria InfectionRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..