Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancer located in bone tissue or specific BONES.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications283 found, 100 shown here
- Metastasis to bone: causes, consequences and therapeutic opportunitiesGregory R Mundy
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MS 7877, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:584-93. 2002....
- Clinical features of metastatic bone disease and risk of skeletal morbidityRobert E Coleman
Academic Unit of Medical Oncology, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:6243s-6249s. 2006..Our improved understanding of prognostic and predictive factors may enable delivery of a more personalized treatment for the individual patient and a more cost-effective use of health care resources...
- Use of the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 pathway in prostate cancer metastasis to boneRussell S Taichman
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, and Geriatrics, and the Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
Cancer Res 62:1832-7. 2002..Collectively, these results suggest that prostate cancers and perhaps other neoplasms may use the SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway to spread to bone...
- Mechanisms of bone metastasisG David Roodman
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine Hematology, The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1655-64. 2004
- Denosumab and bone-metastasis-free survival in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: results of a phase 3, randomised, placebo-controlled trialMatthew R Smith
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 379:39-46. 2012..We assessed denosumab, a fully human anti-RANKL monoclonal antibody, for prevention of bone metastasis or death in non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer...
- Endogenous human microRNAs that suppress breast cancer metastasisSohail F Tavazoie
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 451:147-52. 2008..miR-335 and miR-126 are thus identified as metastasis suppressor microRNAs in human breast cancer...
- Prognostic factors in high-grade osteosarcoma of the extremities or trunk: an analysis of 1,702 patients treated on neoadjuvant cooperative osteosarcoma study group protocolsStefan S Bielack
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Pädiatrische Hämatologie Onkologie, Universitatsklinikum, Munster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:776-90. 2002..To define prognostic factors for response and long-term outcome for a wide spectrum of osteosarcomas, extending well beyond those of the typical young patient with seemingly localized extremity disease...
- Denosumab versus zoledronic acid for treatment of bone metastases in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer: a randomised, double-blind studyKarim Fizazi
Institut Gustave Roussy, University of Paris Sud, Villejuif, France
Lancet 377:813-22. 2011..We compared denosumab, a human monoclonal antibody against RANKL, with zoledronic acid for prevention of skeletal-related events in men with bone metastases from castration-resistant prostate cancer...
- Metastatic bone disease: clinical features, pathophysiology and treatment strategiesR E Coleman
Yorkshire Cancer Research Department of Clinical Oncology, Cancer Research Centre, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield
Cancer Treat Rev 27:165-76. 2001....
- Prognostic factors in Ewing's tumor of bone: analysis of 975 patients from the European Intergroup Cooperative Ewing's Sarcoma Study GroupS J Cotterill
Institute of Child Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 18:3108-14. 2000..To further elaborate on prognostic factors for Ewing's sarcoma of bone and to document improvements in relapse-free survival (RFS) and trends in local therapy over the study period (1977 to 1993)...
- Biology and therapeutic advances for pediatric osteosarcomaNeyssa Marina
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5208, USA
Oncologist 9:422-41. 2004..Therapy-related sequelae and future directions in the biology and therapy for these patients are also discussed...
- New targets and approaches in osteosarcomaJonathan Gill
Department of Pediatrics, Montefiore Medical Center and The Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Bronx, NY, United States
Pharmacol Ther 137:89-99. 2013..This manuscript will review the rationale for conventional chemotherapy used in the treatment of osteosarcoma, as well as agents in varying stages of development that may have promise for treatment in the future...
- A bone-seeking clone exhibits different biological properties from the MDA-MB-231 parental human breast cancer cells and a brain-seeking clone in vivo and in vitroT Yoneda
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 78229-3900, USA
J Bone Miner Res 16:1486-95. 2001..Our data suggest that these phenotypic changes allow breast cancer cells to promote osteoclastic bone resorption, survive, and proliferate in bone, which consequently leads to the establishment of bone metastases...
- Preliminary efficacy of the anti-insulin-like growth factor type 1 receptor antibody figitumumab in patients with refractory Ewing sarcomaHeribert Juergens
University Children s Hospital, Muenster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 29:4534-40. 2011..Patients with Ewing sarcoma (ES) with metastases and those who relapse fare poorly and receive therapies that carry significant toxicity. This phase 1/2 study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of figitumumab in advanced ES...
- Osteosarcoma incidence and survival rates from 1973 to 2004: data from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results ProgramLisa Mirabello
Clinical Genetics Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer 115:1531-43. 2009..Detailed descriptions of osteosarcoma incidence and survival with direct comparisons among patients of all ages and ethnicities are not available...
- Regulation of cancer cell migration and bone metastasis by RANKLD Holstead Jones
IMBA, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nature 440:692-6. 2006..Our data show that local differentiation factors such as RANKL have an important role in cell migration and the tissue-specific metastatic behaviour of cancer cells...
- Latent bone metastasis in breast cancer tied to Src-dependent survival signalsXiang H F Zhang
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Cell 16:67-78. 2009..Breast cancer cells that lodge in the bone marrow succumb in this environment when deprived of Src activity...
- Denosumab compared with zoledronic acid for the treatment of bone metastases in patients with advanced breast cancer: a randomized, double-blind studyAlison T Stopeck
University of Arizona, Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:5132-9. 2010....
- Prognostic factors for osteosarcoma of the extremity treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy: 15-year experience in 789 patients treated at a single institutionGaetano Bacci
Department of Chemotherapy, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Cancer 106:1154-61. 2006..The evaluation variables influencing systemic and local recurrence and final outcome are extremely important in defining risk-adapted treatments for patients with nonmetastatic osteosarcoma of the extremity...
- Molecular characterization of commonly used cell lines for bone tumor research: a trans-European EuroBoNet effortLaura Ottaviano
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:40-51. 2010....
- CCN6 enhances ICAM-1 expression and cell motility in human chondrosarcoma cellsYi Chin Fong
School of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:223-32. 2012..Taken together, our results indicate that CCN6 enhances the migration of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing ICAM-1 expression through the αvβ3 and αvβ5 integrin receptor, FAK, MEK, ERK, c-Jun, and AP-1 signal transduction pathway...
- Cancer to bone: a fatal attractionKatherine N Weilbaecher
Department of Medicine, Division of Molecular Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 11:411-25. 2011..Basic findings of tumour-bone interactions have uncovered numerous therapeutic opportunities that focus on the bone microenvironment to prevent and treat bone metastases...
- IDH1 and IDH2 mutations are frequent events in central chondrosarcoma and central and periosteal chondromas but not in other mesenchymal tumoursM Fernanda Amary
Department of Histopathology, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 4LP, UK
J Pathol 224:334-43. 2011..We speculate that a mosaic pattern of IDH-mutation-bearing cells explains the reports of diverse tumours (gliomas, AML, multiple cartilaginous neoplasms, haemangiomas) occurring in the same patient...
- miRNA signatures associate with pathogenesis and progression of osteosarcomaKevin B Jones
Department of Orthopaedics and Center for Children s Cancer Research, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Cancer Res 72:1865-77. 2012..Thus, our findings establish a miRNA signature associated with pathogenesis of osteosarcoma as well as critical pre-treatment biomarkers of metastasis and responsiveness to therapy...
- Dasatinib combined with docetaxel for castration-resistant prostate cancer: results from a phase 1-2 studyJohn C Araujo
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 118:63-71. 2012....
- Osteoblasts in prostate cancer metastasis to boneChristopher J Logothetis
Department of Genitourinary Oncology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 5:21-8. 2005..The interaction between host cells and metastatic cancer cells is an important component of organ-specific cancer progression. How can this knowledge lead to the development of more effective therapies?..
- Blocking EphB1 receptor forward signaling in spinal cord relieves bone cancer pain and rescues analgesic effect of morphine treatment in rodentsSu Liu
Department of Neurobiology, Parker University Research Institute, Dallas, Texas 75229, USA
Cancer Res 71:4392-402. 2011..These findings show a critical mechanism underlying the pathogenesis of bone cancer pain and suggest a potential target for treating bone cancer pain and improving analgesic effect of morphine clinically...
- Osteosarcoma development and stem cell differentiationNi Tang
The Second Affiliated Hospital and the Key Laboratory of Diagnostic Medicine designated by Chinese Ministry of Education, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2114-30. 2008..Understanding the molecular pathogenesis of human osteosarcoma could ultimately lead to the development of diagnostic and prognostic markers, as well as targeted therapeutics for osteosarcoma patients...
- A multigenic program mediating breast cancer metastasis to boneYibin Kang
Cell Biology Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Cell 3:537-49. 2003....
- NR0B1 is required for the oncogenic phenotype mediated by EWS/FLI in Ewing's sarcomaMichelle Kinsey
The Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:851-9. 2006..These studies define a new role for NR0B1 in oncogenic transformation and emphasize the utility of analyzing the function of EWS/FLI in Ewing's sarcoma cells...
- Osteosarcoma: anatomic and histologic variantsMichael J Klein
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center 35233, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:555-81. 2006..Information of diagnostic or prognostic significance has not been elucidated from studies of its cytogenetics. This review summarizes the anatomic and histologic variations of osteosarcoma and offers a schema for its subclassification...
- Future directions of bone-targeted therapy for metastatic breast cancerTomifumi Onishi
Christus Hospital St Elizabeth, 2830 Calder Street, Beaumont, TX 77702, USA
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 7:641-51. 2010..Novel modalities for predicting and monitoring treatment response will also be described...
- Osteosarcoma: the addition of muramyl tripeptide to chemotherapy improves overall survival--a report from the Children's Oncology GroupPaul A Meyers
Children s Oncology Group, Arcadia, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:633-8. 2008..To determine whether the addition of muramyl tripeptide (MTP) to chemotherapy enhances event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival in newly diagnosed patients with osteosarcoma...
- MicroRNA-21 is involved in osteosarcoma cell invasion and migrationWu Ziyan
Department of Orthopedics, Union Hospital, and Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Jiefang Road 1277, 430022, Wuhan, China
Med Oncol 28:1469-74. 2011..Our results suggest that miR-21 expression has a key role in regulating cellular processes in osteosarcoma, likely through regulating RECK and may serve as a therapeutic target...
- Human primary bone sarcomas contain CD133+ cancer stem cells displaying high tumorigenicity in vivoVirginia Tirino
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Histology and Embryology, 5 via L Armanni, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
FASEB J 25:2022-30. 2011..This may be of primary importance in the development of new therapeutic strategies and new prognostic procedures against these highly aggressive and metastatic tumors...
- MicroRNA-199a-3p is downregulated in human osteosarcoma and regulates cell proliferation and migrationZhenfeng Duan
Center for Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1337-45. 2011..Restoring miR-199a-3p's function may provide therapeutic benefits in osteosarcoma...
- Effects of abiraterone acetate on androgen signaling in castrate-resistant prostate cancer in boneEleni Efstathiou
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1374, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:637-43. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate androgen signaling in bone marrow-infiltrating cancer and testosterone in blood and bone marrow and to correlate with clinical observations...
- Perturbation of 14q32 miRNAs-cMYC gene network in osteosarcomaVenugopal Thayanithy
Division of Basic and Translational Research, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, USA
Bone 50:171-81. 2012..Together, our data support a model where the deregulation of a network involving 14q32 miRNAs, cMYC and miR-17-92 miRNAs could contribute to osteosarcoma pathogenesis...
- Tumor-infiltrating macrophages are associated with metastasis suppression in high-grade osteosarcoma: a rationale for treatment with macrophage activating agentsEmilie P Buddingh
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 17:2110-9. 2011..Most studies focus on tumor cells, but it is increasingly evident that stroma plays an important role in tumorigenesis and metastasis. We investigated the development of metastasis by studying tumor cells and their stromal context...
- CD117 and Stro-1 identify osteosarcoma tumor-initiating cells associated with metastasis and drug resistanceAmit S Adhikari
Departments of Genetics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Cancer Res 70:4602-12. 2010....
- Integrins and bone metastasis: integrating tumor cell and stromal cell interactionsJochen G Schneider
Institute for Clinical Biochemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Bone 48:54-65. 2011..Integrins are involved in the pathogenesis of bone metastasis at many levels and further study to define integrin dysregulation by cancer will yield new therapeutic targets for the prevention and treatment of bone metastasis...
- Bone metastasis in prostate cancer: emerging therapeutic strategiesJustin Sturge
Division of Cancer, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, UK
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:357-68. 2011..This Review discusses the complex pathology of bone lesions in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and focuses on new therapeutic strategies and targets that are emerging in preclinical studies...
- The Wnt signaling pathway: implications for therapy in osteosarcomaPeter McQueen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1223-32. 2011..Research involving the Wnt signaling pathway and cancer stem cells holds promise for novel treatment options in the future...
- Identification of cancer stem cells in Ewing's sarcomaMario Luca Suva
Division of Experimental Pathology and Division of Clinical Pathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Cancer Res 69:1776-81. 2009....
- Osteosarcoma originates from mesenchymal stem cells in consequence of aneuploidization and genomic loss of Cdkn2Alexander B Mohseny
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Pathol 219:294-305. 2009..This could be instrumental for the identification of novel therapeutic strategies, since the success of the current therapies has reached a plateau phase...
- Palliative radiotherapy trials for bone metastases: a systematic reviewEdward Chow
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:1423-36. 2007..The objective is to update previous meta-analyses with a systematic review of randomized palliative radiotherapy (RT) trials comparing single fractions (SFs) versus multiple fractions (MFs)...
- The Ewing family of tumors--a subgroup of small-round-cell tumors defined by specific chimeric transcriptsO Delattre
, INSERM Contrat Jeune Formation, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 331:294-9. 1994..This approach can be applied to small specimens obtained by fine-needle biopsies...
- The origin of the neoplastic stromal cell in giant cell tumor of boneManuela Wülling
Department of Bone Pathology Center of Biomechanics, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Pathol 34:983-93. 2003..The presented double approach indicates that GCT stromal cells can originate from MSCs...
- Functional characterization of osteosarcoma cell lines provides representative models to study the human diseaseAlexander B Mohseny
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Lab Invest 91:1195-205. 2011....
- Inactive Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in conventional high-grade osteosarcomaYongping Cai
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, PR China
J Pathol 220:24-33. 2010..Our data suggest that loss of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway activity, which is required for osteoblast differentiation, may contribute to osteosarcoma development...
- Primary bone osteosarcoma in the pediatric age: state of the artAlessandra Longhi
Chemotherapy Surgery of the Musculoskeletal, Oncology Department at Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 32:423-36. 2006..Other drugs have been employed in relapsed patients with poor results. This article reviews the state of the art of treatment for bone osteosarcoma in the pediatric age...
- Up-regulation of Wnt-1 and beta-catenin production in patients with advanced metastatic prostate carcinoma: potential pathogenetic and prognostic implicationsGaoping Chen
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 101:1345-56. 2004....
- Giant cell tumor of the extremity: A review of 349 cases from a single institutionCostantino Errani
Musculoskeletal Oncology Department, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 36:1-7. 2010..Special attention must be given to giant cell tumors not only in the distal radius, but also in the proximal femur, where the treatment is more difficult and associated with a higher rate of local recurrence...
- Extended intralesional treatment versus resection of low-grade chondrosarcomasChad Aarons
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2105-11. 2009....
- Osteosarcoma: a randomized, prospective trial of the addition of ifosfamide and/or muramyl tripeptide to cisplatin, doxorubicin, and high-dose methotrexatePaul A Meyers
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:2004-11. 2005....
- Surgical outcomes in osteosarcomaR J Grimer
Oncology Service, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Northfield, Birmingham, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 84:395-400. 2002..Limb-salvage surgery with effective chemotherapy remains the optimum treatment for osteosarcoma...
- Palliative radiotherapy for bone metastases: an ASTRO evidence-based guidelineStephen Lutz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Blanchard Valley Regional Cancer Center, Findlay, OH 45840, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:965-76. 2011..To present guidance for patients and physicians regarding the use of radiotherapy in the treatment of bone metastases according to current published evidence and complemented by expert opinion...
- Improvement in histologic response but not survival in osteosarcoma patients treated with intensified chemotherapy: a randomized phase III trial of the European Osteosarcoma IntergroupIan J Lewis
Paediatric Oncology and Haematology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:112-28. 2007..It was then proposed that survival could be improved by increasing the planned dose intensity of cisplatin and doxorubicin...
- Primary metastatic osteosarcoma: presentation and outcome of patients treated on neoadjuvant Cooperative Osteosarcoma Study Group protocolsLeo Kager
Cooperative German Austrian Swiss Osteosarcoma Study Center, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Children s Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Clin Oncol 21:2011-8. 2003..To determine demographic data and define prognostic factors for long-term outcome in patients presenting with high-grade osteosarcoma of bone with clinically detectable metastases at initial presentation...
- Tumor-derived JAGGED1 promotes osteolytic bone metastasis of breast cancer by engaging notch signaling in bone cellsNilay Sethi
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Cancer Cell 19:192-205. 2011..These findings elucidate a stroma-dependent mechanism for Notch signaling in breast cancer and provide rationale for using γ-secretase inhibitors for the treatment of bone metastasis...
- beta2-microglobulin is a signaling and growth-promoting factor for human prostate cancer bone metastasisWen Chin Huang
Molecular Urology and Therapeutics Program, Department of Urology and Winship Cancer Institute, Microchemical and Proteomics Facility, and Divison of Endocrinology and Metabolism and Lipids, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer Res 66:9108-16. 2006..These results suggest that beta2M signaling is an attractive new therapeutic target for the treatment of lethal prostate cancer bone metastasis...
- TGF-beta-RI kinase inhibitor SD-208 reduces the development and progression of melanoma bone metastasesKhalid S Mohammad
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University PurdueUniversity at Indianapolis, Indianapolis, USA
Cancer Res 71:175-84. 2011..Our results demonstrate that therapeutic targeting of TGF-β may prevent the development of melanoma bone metastases and decrease the progression of established osteolytic lesions...
- Randomized trial of short- versus long-course radiotherapy for palliation of painful bone metastasesWilliam F Hartsell
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Downers Grove, IL, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:798-804. 2005..We investigated whether 8 Gy delivered in a single treatment fraction provides pain and narcotic relief that is equivalent to that of the standard treatment course of 30 Gy delivered in 10 treatment fractions over 2 weeks...
- FDG PET of primary benign and malignant bone tumors: standardized uptake value in 52 lesionsJ Aoki
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi 371 8511, Japan
Radiology 219:774-7. 2001..To evaluate the standardized uptake value (SUV) of 2-[fluorine-18]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) at positron emission tomography (PET) in the differentiation of benign from malignant bone lesions...
- A study of the biological receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB ligand inhibitor, denosumab, in patients with multiple myeloma or bone metastases from breast cancerJean Jacques Body
Department of Medicine, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 12:1221-8. 2006..Denosumab (AMG 162), a fully human monoclonal antibody to RANKL, was developed to treat patients with skeletal diseases...
- Superiority of denosumab to zoledronic acid for prevention of skeletal-related events: a combined analysis of 3 pivotal, randomised, phase 3 trialsAllan Lipton
Pennsylvania State University, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Eur J Cancer 48:3082-92. 2012..This pre-planned analysis evaluates the efficacy and safety of denosumab versus zoledronic acid across three pivotal studies...
- MicroRNA profiling with correlation to gene expression revealed the oncogenic miR-17-92 cluster to be up-regulated in osteosarcomaDaniel Baumhoer
Bone Tumor Reference Center at the Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Genet 205:212-9. 2012..Our findings indicate a crucial impact of deregulated miRNAs with consecutive changes in gene expression in osteosarcomas, which strongly suggests pathogenetic and potentially therapeutic implications...
- Biology of bone metastasesRachel L Theriault
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Control 19:92-101. 2012..Improved understanding of the mechanisms that predispose tumor metastases to bone is needed to improve patients' therapeutic options, maintain their quality of life, and improve their survival...
- Chemotherapy resistance in osteosarcoma: current challenges and future directionsAlexander J Chou
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1075-85. 2006..In this review, the focus is on the current understanding of the mechanisms of resistance to the most commonly used agents in the treatment of osteosarcoma and the methods employed to overcome chemotherapy resistance...
- Osteosarcoma (osteogenic sarcoma)Piero Picci
Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Scientific Institution for Research Hospitalization and Health Care, Bologna, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:6. 2007..Surgery is conservative (limb salvage) in more than 90% of patients. Prognosis is more severe (cure rate about 30%) for tumours located in the axial skeleton and in patients with metastasis at onset...
- Stem-like cells in bone sarcomas: implications for tumorigenesisC Parker Gibbs
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Neoplasia 7:967-76. 2005..Furthermore, they suggest the participation of ES cell homeobox proteins in non-germ cell tumorigenesis...
- Bisphosphonates inhibit breast and prostate carcinoma cell invasion, an early event in the formation of bone metastasesS Boissier
, , Lyon, France
Cancer Res 60:2949-54. 2000..These results suggest, therefore, that BPs may be useful agents for the prophylactic treatment of patients with cancers that are known to preferentially metastasize to bone...
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in human prostate cancer: lessons learned from ARCaP modelHaiyen E Zhau
Molecular Urology and Therapeutics Program, Department of Urology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365B Clifton Road, Suite 5107, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:601-10. 2008..The ARCaP EMT model is highly attractive for developing new therapeutic agents to treat prostate cancer bone metastasis...
- Biochemical-markers for the diagnosis of bone metastasis: a clinical reviewQian Huang
Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fujian, China
Cancer Epidemiol 36:94-8. 2012..This review summarizes the available evidence on the clinical use of biochemical-markers in the diagnosis of various cancers with high incidence of BM including breast, prostate and lung...
- OsteosarcomaPatrick J Messerschmitt
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 17:515-27. 2009..Advances in chemotherapy protocols have led to a 5-year survival rate of 60% to 78%. Among the goals of future treatment regimens are improved chemotherapeutic agents with higher specificity and lower toxicity...
- Identification of osteosarcoma driver genes by integrative analysis of copy number and gene expression dataMarieke L Kuijjer
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:696-706. 2012..Cell division related genes, such as MCM4 and LATS2, were overrepresented and genomic instability was predictive for metastasis-free survival, suggesting that deregulation of the cell cycle is a driver of osteosarcomagenesis...
- Late complications and survival of endoprosthetic reconstruction after resection of bone tumorsAhmad Shehadeh
Washington Cancer Institute at Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2885-95. 2010..While complications following massive endoprosthetic reconstruction have been previously described, the incidence and effects of these complications over extended periods of time have not been well characterized in large series...
- microRNA-143, down-regulated in osteosarcoma, promotes apoptosis and suppresses tumorigenicity by targeting Bcl-2Hao Zhang
Department of Orthopedics, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Oncol Rep 24:1363-9. 2010..Collectively, our data identify the important roles of miR-143 in osteosarcoma pathogenesis and indicate its potential application in cancer therapy...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: risk factors for recurrenceFrank M Klenke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:591-9. 2011..However, the best treatment of these tumors and risk factors for recurrence remain controversial...
- ADAMTS1 and MMP1 proteolytically engage EGF-like ligands in an osteolytic signaling cascade for bone metastasisXin Lu
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Genes Dev 23:1882-94. 2009..This study established MMP1 and ADAMTS1 in tumor cells, as well as EGFR signaling in osteoblasts, as promising therapeutic targets for inhibiting bone metastasis of breast cancer...
- Tumor tissue-derived formaldehyde and acidic microenvironment synergistically induce bone cancer painZhiqian Tong
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 5:e10234. 2010..The present study aims to demonstrate that the tumor tissue-derived endogenous formaldehyde induces bone cancer pain via TRPV1 activation under tumor acidic environment...
- Molecular subtypes of osteosarcoma identified by reducing tumor heterogeneity through an interspecies comparative approachMilcah C Scott
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 5545, USA
Bone 49:356-67. 2011..This in turn may enhance prognosis and prediction, and identify relevant therapeutic targets...
- Molecular pathogenesis of osteosarcomaMaya Kansara
Ian Potter Foundation Centre for Cancer Genomics and Predictive Medicine and Research Division, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia
DNA Cell Biol 26:1-18. 2007..This review provides a synoptic overview of our current understanding of the molecular causes of osteosarcoma, and suggests future directions for study...
- Ewing sarcomas with p53 mutation or p16/p14ARF homozygous deletion: a highly lethal subset associated with poor chemoresponseHsuan Ying Huang
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:548-58. 2005..We provide the first combined prognostic analysis of these three molecular parameters in ES...
- p53-deficient cells rely on ATM- and ATR-mediated checkpoint signaling through the p38MAPK/MK2 pathway for survival after DNA damageH Christian Reinhardt
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, E18 580, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cancer Cell 11:175-89. 2007..We show that the Chk1 inhibitor UCN-01 also potently inhibits MK2, suggesting that its clinical efficacy results from the simultaneous disruption of two critical checkpoint pathways in p53-defective cells...
- Zoledronic acid versus placebo in the treatment of skeletal metastases in patients with lung cancer and other solid tumors: a phase III, double-blind, randomized trial--the Zoledronic Acid Lung Cancer and Other Solid Tumors Study GroupLee S Rosen
Cancer Institute Medical Group, 11818 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3150-7. 2003..To assess the efficacy and safety of zoledronic acid in patients with bone metastases secondary to solid tumors other than breast or prostate cancer...
- Antitumor and antimetastatic activities of docetaxel are enhanced by genistein through regulation of osteoprotegerin/receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappaB (RANK)/RANK ligand/MMP-9 signaling in prostate cancerYiwei Li
Department of Pathology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Res 66:4816-25. 2006..From these results, we conclude that genistein could be a promising nontoxic agent to improve the treatment outcome of metastatic prostate cancer with docetaxel...
- Randomized phase II trial of denosumab in patients with bone metastases from prostate cancer, breast cancer, or other neoplasms after intravenous bisphosphonatesKarim Fizazi
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, University of Paris XI, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:1564-71. 2009..We evaluated the effect of denosumab, a fully human monoclonal antibody against RANKL, in patients with bone metastases and elevated uNTx levels despite ongoing intravenous (IV) bisphosphonate (BP) therapy...
- Genes associated with breast cancer metastatic to boneMarcel Smid
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus MC Daniel den Hoed, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 24:2261-7. 2006..The biology of tumors relapsing to bone is poorly understood. In this study, we initiated a search for genes that are implicated in tumors relapsing to bone in breast cancer...
- Pamidronate improves the quality of life and induces clinical remission of bone metastases in patients with thyroid cancerG Vitale
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Molecolare e Clinica, , , Via Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
Br J Cancer 84:1586-90. 2001..In conclusion, monthly infusion of pamidronate is a well-tolerated treatment that induces significant relief from bone pain and improves the quality of life of thyroid cancer patients with symptomatic and osteolytic bone metastases...
- Dual-time point PET/CT with F-18 FDG for the differentiation of malignant and benign bone lesionsRong Tian
Department of Nuclear Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Skeletal Radiol 38:451-8. 2009....
- Combined transcriptional and translational targeting of EWS/FLI-1 in Ewing's sarcomaSilvia Mateo-Lozano
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Department of Radiation Medicine, V T Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia 20057 1482, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6781-90. 2006....
- Receptor activator of NF-kB (RANK) expression in primary tumors associates with bone metastasis occurrence in breast cancer patientsDaniele Santini
Department of Medical Oncology, University Campus Bio Medico of Rome, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e19234. 2011..RANKL stimulates migration of RANK-expressing tumor cells in vitro, conversely inhibited by OPG...
- The detection of bone metastases in patients with high-risk prostate cancer: 99mTc-MDP Planar bone scintigraphy, single- and multi-field-of-view SPECT, 18F-fluoride PET, and 18F-fluoride PET/CTEinat Even-Sapir
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Nucl Med 47:287-97. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare the detection of bone metastases by 99mTc-methylene diphosphonate (99mTc-MDP) planar bone scintigraphy (BS), SPECT, 18F-Fluoride PET, and 18F-Fluoride PET/CT in patients with high-risk prostate cancer...
- Wnt inhibitory factor 1 decreases tumorigenesis and metastasis in osteosarcomaElyssa M Rubin
Department of Oncology, Children s Hospital of Orange County, Orange, California, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:731-41. 2010..Together, these data suggest that WIF-1 exerts potent antiosteosarcoma effect in vivo in mouse models. Therefore, the reexpression of WIF-1 in WIF-1-deficient osteosarcoma represents a potential novel treatment and preventive strategy...
- An orthotopic model of murine osteosarcoma with clonally related variants differing in pulmonary metastatic potentialC Khanna
Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 18:261-71. 2000..This well characterized and relevant model of OSA will be a valuable resource to improve our understanding of the biology and treatment of metastasis in OSA...
- Inhibition of Notch pathway prevents osteosarcoma growth by cell cycle regulationM Tanaka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Br J Cancer 100:1957-65. 2009....
- Skeletal related events, bone metastasis and survival of prostate cancer: a population based cohort study in Denmark (1999 to 2007)Mette Nørgaard
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Arhus, Denmark, and Global Epidemiology, Amgen, Inc KC, JPF, Thousand Oaks, California, USA
J Urol 184:162-7. 2010..We describe mortality in patients with prostate cancer with and without bone metastasis further characterized by skeletal related events...
- Metastasis-associated differences in gene expression in a murine model of osteosarcomaC Khanna
Pediatric Oncology, National Cancer Institute, and Cancer Genetics Branch, Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 61:3750-9. 2001..This work represents a rationale approach to the evaluation of microarray data and will be useful to identify genes that may be causally associated with metastasis...
- The current role of circulating tumor cells in the diagnosis and management of bone metastases in advanced prostate cancerFred Saad
Institute of Tumor Biology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Future Oncol 8:321-31. 2012..We propose that combination of CTCs and PSA velocity or doubling-time assessments may offer insights into the prognosis and management of advanced PC...
- Systemic delivery of a novel liver-detargeted oncolytic adenovirus causes reduced liver toxicity but maintains the antitumor response in a breast cancer bone metastasis modelZhenwei Zhang
Gene Therapy Program, Department of Medicine, NorthShore Research Institute, an affiliate of the University of Chicago, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Hum Gene Ther 22:1137-42. 2011..Thus, liver-detargeted oncolytic adenovirus can be developed for the treatment of breast cancer bone metastasis...
- Validation of microRNAs as therapeutic targets in hematological malignanciesNatarajan Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, we propose here to replace the low levels of natural microRNAs in leukemia cells with synthetic microRNAs as novel therapeutic approach to leukemia patients. ..
- Ewing's Sarcoma Resistance to Immunity and RadiationJoyce C Solheim; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, the studies proposed in this application are expected to provide a new perspective on molecular pathways regulating Ewing's sarcoma cell survival, involving evasion of both immunity and radiotherapy. ..
- Regulation of apoptosis in osteoblasts by Runx2 and NFkBRoman Eliseev; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long-term goal is to elucidate the mechanisms of disregulation of apoptosis in bone neoplasms and find novel treatments targeted at modulation of apoptosis in neoplasia...
- The Role of Eya3 as a downstream target of EWS Fli1 in Ewings SarcomaTyler P Robin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Work within this proposal will allow us to determine which activities of Eya3 are important for its roles in Ewing's sarcoma, so that we can better guide our targeting of Eya3 with small molecule inhibitors. ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIAIrving L Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this research is identify potential therapeutic targets for AML, by characterizing LSC markers to understand how they help AML develop and persist, including examining a mechanism of immune evasion. ..
- POPULATION RISK MODEL FOR ALPHA-INDUCED BONE NEOPLASMSRAY LLOYD; Fiscal Year: 2005..7) To develop a general risk model for alpha-induced neoplasms. For this, data in human and experimental studies on radium will be used as a basis for extrapolation to other alpha-emitting nuclides. ..
- Prostate Cancer Metastasis Suppressor: Role of RKIPEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008..when completed, we hope this work will lead to a better understanding of the mechanisms through which RKIP suppresses metastasis and hopefully identify specific targets to inhibit metastasis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VEGF and bone remodeling in skeletal metastasesEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this aim, we will test which VEGF isoform contributes to CaP cells' osteoblastic activity. We will also evaluate if VEGF induces this activity through MAPK. ..
- AGING, GENE EXPRESSION AND OXIDATIVE STRESSEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ETHANOL MEDIATED OSTEOPOROSIS AND INTERLEUKIN 6Evan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DEVELOPMENT OF MATURE ZEBRAFISH AS AN ANIMAL MODELEvan Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Imageable tumor-targeting bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Chemokines in Metastatic Prostate CancerRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Dual-color tumor-host imaging modelsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These models have significant commercial potential for discovery and development of stroma-targeted and anti-angiogenesis drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIFFUSION MRI AS BIOMARKER FOR THERAPY RESPONSE IN BREAST CANCER METASTASESAlison T Stopeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Adenoviral GFP targeting of metastatic human tumors using multiple delivery routeHiroyuki Kishimoto; Fiscal Year: 2008..Having obtained these results, we can move forward in the Phase II grant application with experiments to bring OBP-401 to the clinic for use in cancer surgery in human patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeted tumoricidal bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future human trials of the tumor-killing bacteria can be held after the Phase I and Phase II grant periods are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Therapeutic hair follicle-derived neurospheresMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hair- follicle bulge cells will be further characterized and developed for therapeutic potential for nerve regeneration in Phase III. [unreadable]..
- RHOMOCYCSTEINASE FOR HOMOCYSTEINE ASSAYYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The tHCY enzymatic kits for these applications will be ready for commercial launch at this point. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- Bone and the Hematopoietic SystemRussell Taichman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These investigations will ultimately lead to new strategies for the treatment of hematopoietic and osseous disorders. ..
- ADAM: Androgen Deprivation vs. Antiandrogen MonotherapyMatthew Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this project will provide important insights into the relative contributions of testosterone and estrogen in bone metabolism, and maintenance of muscle size and strength in older men. ..
- Discovery of novel fluorescent reporter genesMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reporters with spectral properties that can be used for whole-body imaging of tumors in the lung and their metastases will be candidates for further development for numerous applications of multi-color imaging. ..
- Orthotopic models of tumor angiogenesis and blood flowMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase for acne therapyLingna Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Liposomal 4-MA will be developed as a topical selectively targeted therapeutic for acne for which they should be a very market. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Ectopic Bone FormationSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCED THERAPY RESPONSE IN OSTEOSARCOMAGENE DIRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MSKCC Therapeutics faculty believes that the ALS, if successful in this model, has promise as an adjunct for limb salvage procedures and in the treatment of many unresectable or disfiguring tumors. ..
- Phase II Trial of Tetrathiomolybdate in Prostate CancerDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The levels of these growth factors/cytokines will then be correlated with the degree of copper depletion, PSA level and response to therapy. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in CancerBRYAN BURT; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that our findings will elucidate how this novel cell type may contribute to a variety of immune processes and how NKDC may be useful in the treatment of cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF FLAVOPIRIDOL WITH CHEMOTHERAPYGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..Continue to examine the mechanisms by which flavopiridol potentiates CPT-11 induced apoptosis, which should provide the opportunity to identify new biomarkers of response for these flavopiridol drug combinations. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for Prostate CancerMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquisition of these skills combined with the completion of the research plan will allow the candidate to pursue such research independently. ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis by C CAM1Sue Hwa Lin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Achieving these aims will provide valuable information for applying CCAM1 for prostate cancer therapy and for developing C-CAM1 combination therapy. ..
- Intrnational Clubfoot SymposiumJose Morcuende; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATIENT SPECIFIC MODELS IN LUNG CANCER SCREENING WITH CTMatthew Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..4] To compare radiologist accuracy and interpretation times of HR-hCT scans, both with and without assistance from the automated detection system, against pre-existing nodule detection methods. ..
- University of Texas SPORE in Prostate CancerChristopher Logothetis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The achievement of the aims of this Prostate Cancer SPORE proposal will contribute to the development of effective treatments for patients with prostate cancer. ..
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Negative Regulation in Development of DiabetesJaime Modiano; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Mapping of Familial Idiopathic ScoliosisJose Morcuende; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Odd-Even Effect of Polymorphic CA repeats in the 5' Regulatory Region of theIVAN GORLOV; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results obtained in this study will improve our understanding of how genetic polymorphisms in this key gene modulate breast cancer risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bone Metastasis Factor-1 in Prostate Cancer/Bone InteractionSue Hwa Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Investigate the mechanism of MDA-BF-1-mediated osteoblast proliferation and differentiation;and Aim 3. Purify, identify, and clone the receptor for MDA-BF-1 (BF1-receptor). ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- Pathological Role of bFGF in Human Adult Articular CartilageHEE JEONG IM SAMPEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Better understanding of the regulation and function of the posttranslational modifier SUMO in traumatic/arthritic cartilage may provide new targets for therapeutic intervention in cartilage-associated joint diseases such as OA. ..
- Antitumor and chemopreventive activity of the Ecuadorian plant extract BIRMBal L Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study should also provide a rationale for further development (if any), of this chemopreventive agent, i.e., clinical trials for orostate cancer and other malignant cancers. ..
- Phase II Study of Imatinib Mesylate in Patients with Inoperable Melanoma Gary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose reductions are allowed in the setting of toxicity. Imaging studies will be performed on an every 6 week schedule. ..
- REGULATION OF EPIDERMAL DIFFERENTATION BY PTHRPJohn Foley; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) Determine the effect of N-terminal PTHrP on dermal fibroblast proliferation and function in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Antifolate Resistance in OsteosarcomaRichard Gorlick; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Phase I Trial of Safingol and CisplatinGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..conduct "proof of principle" biological assays to measure the degree of ceramide production and/or S1P inhibition, either of which may be predictive of clinical outcome or toxicity. ..
- Evaluation of CYP24 as a Target for Enhancing Vitamin D*Donald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006..of apoptosis markers whether a relationship exists between modulation of these effects in vitro on tumor cells and a significant antitumor response in vivo in prostate, pancreatic and lung cancer models [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ErbB1 signaling and cancer-mediated diseases of boneJohn Foley; Fiscal Year: 2006..The second will use lower dose treatments of ZD1839 through out the growth phase of the tumor to determine if blockade of this pathway could prevent the development of hypercalcemia. ..
- Enhancing the Safety of Research ParticipantsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms and Treatment of Cancer-Related Symptoms ConfCharles Cleeland; Fiscal Year: 2005..The conference should also be of interest to pharmaceutical companies that are developing "pipeline" drugs for symptom control and supportive care. ..
- Prevention of Diabetic Nephropathy by BMP7Raimund Hirschberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..Moreover, BMP7 may become a novel avenue in the prevention and treatment of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Effects of Acupuncture on Bone Cancer Pain in MiceRuixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will set a stage for further studying the mechanisms of EA in the control and management of cancer pain. ..
- Control of the Metastatic Progression of Prostate cancerBALAKRISHNA LOKESHWAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also establish whether a combined cytotoxic and anti-inflammatory therapy will be more effective in controlling metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- MENTORING FOR NEW CANCER THERAPEAUTICSGary Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..This K24 award mechanism represents the essence of what we are proposing and for which support is needed. ..
- Molecular Diagnosis of SarcomasLaurence Baker; Fiscal Year: 2002..If more studies are indicated, the R33 phase would support the longer-term longitudinal studies required to demonstrate how best to use this test to follow the course of sarcomas...
- Tumor Suppressors in Ewing's SarcomaSTEPHEN LESSNICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer Pain and Breast Tumor Metastasis to BonePatrick Mantyh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information from these investigations should expand our understanding of the mechanisms that generate and maintain bone cancer pain and lead to the development of more effective therapies for treating bone cancer pain. ..
- Understanding the Impact of Multiple Symptoms: A Symptom Burden ConsortiumCharles Cleeland; Fiscal Year: 2006..The document will be a collaborative effort among consortium participants, and will be submitted to a leading scientific peer-reviewed journal. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Language, Literacy, Culture: Communication of Health ConceptsDOUGLAS BRUGGE; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- NEUROCHEMISTRY OF NOCICEPTIONPatrick Mantyh; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF THE OSTEOCLAST IN PAGETS DISEASEG Roodman; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPKatherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our strong biology research laboratories in brain tumors, neuroblastoma and myeloproliferative disorders are conducting multiple biology studies in the Group and providing new information for future studies. ..
- CHONDROGENESIS AND HISTONE MODIFICATION ENZYMESLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- TLS and TLS Fusion Proteins in LeukemiaLiu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is envisioned that successful completion of this project will unveil potential therapeutic targets in the treatment of human leukemias characterized by the t(16;21) translocation. ..
- Radiation Sensitivity, DNA Repair and Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of these studies will thus determine the role of HIN-1 as a potential tumor suppressor gene and, since it is inactivated frequently in early BC, may provide an excellent target for preventive intervention. ..
- 131 I-MIBG Escalating Dose Rapid Sequence Double Infusi*Katherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: The higher tumor-specific radiation doses possible with this protocol may provide a treatment to improve response and survival in children with resistant neuroblastoma. ..
- Health Outcomes for Hodgkin Disease SurvivorsDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL PET AND LABORATORY STUDIES OF ADRENERGIC TUMORSBarry Shulkin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Molecular Changes Associated with PCa bone metastasesKenneth Pienta; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge could lead to the development of better biomarkers of disease progression as well as targets for therapy. ..