- Acquired hypermethylation of the P16INK4A promoter in abdominal paraganglioma: relation to adverse tumor phenotype and predisposing mutation
Nimrod B Kiss
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:65-78. 2013
..Furthermore, a constitutional SDHB mutation is proposed to predispose for an epigenetic tumor phenotype occurring before the emanation of clinically recognized malignancy...
- High-dose tamoxifen and sulindac as first-line treatment for desmoid tumors
Department of General Surgery and Traumatology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Cancer 100:612-20. 2004
..In the current study, high doses of tamoxifen in combination with sulindac were used to treat severe desmoid tumors to avoid surgery...
- Global and regional CpG methylation in pheochromocytomas and abdominal paragangliomas: association to malignant behavior
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 14:2551-9. 2008
..This study aims to quantitatively assess promoter and global methylation changes in pheochromocytomas and abdominal paragangliomas and its relation to tumor phenotypes...
- Prevalence of germline mutations in patients with pheochromocytoma or abdominal paraganglioma and sporadic presentation: a population-based study in Western Sweden
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
World J Surg 36:1389-94. 2012
..The purpose of the present study was to establish population-based data on the frequency of germline mutations in patients with apparently sporadic Pheo or abdominal PGL in Western Sweden...
- Pheochromocytoma and functional paraganglioma syndrome: no longer the 10% tumor
Elisabeth Edstrom Elder
Department of Surgical Sciences, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Surg Oncol 89:193-201. 2005
..Genetic testing in apparently sporadic cases is therefore regarded as beneficial, especially in patients diagnosed before 50 years of age, and in patients with bilateral, multifocal, malignant and/or extra-adrenal disease...
- The management of benign and malignant pheochromocytoma and abdominal paraganglioma
E Edström Elder
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:278-83. 2003
..To report treatment and outcome in patients with malignant and benign pheochromocytoma and abdominal paraganglioma...
- Clinical, pathologic, and molecular spectrum of tumors associated with t(11;22)(p13;q12): desmoplastic small round-cell tumor and its variants
W L Gerald
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3028-36. 1998
..We reviewed 109 cases of DSRCT to further characterize this entity better...
- Stereotactic radiotherapy of malignancies in the abdomen. Methodological aspects
Department of Hospital Physics, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 33:677-83. 1994
..The dose distribution for a patient with a metastasis in the liver is shown as well as dose volume histograms for the target and the liver...
- Epithelioid angiomyolipoma: a morphologically distinct variant that mimics a variety of intra-abdominal neoplasms
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:665-70. 2011
..The variation in immunophenotype in these tumors requires a prudent use of immunohistochemistry, which may occasionally need complementation by electron microscopy to establish the correct diagnosis...
- Giant, dopamine secreting thoracoabdominal neuroblastoma in a 2-year-old: rapid preoperative blockade with labetalol
Departments of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:163-6. 2010
..We report successful monotherapy with labetalol over 24 hours in a 2-year-old child with a giant thoracoabdominal neuroblastoma and predominant dopamine secretion...
- Distinct clinical features of paraganglioma syndromes associated with SDHB and SDHD gene mutations
Hartmut P H Neumann
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
JAMA 292:943-51. 2004
..In both syndromes, pheochromocytomas as well as head and neck paragangliomas occur; however, details for individual risks and other clinical characteristics are unknown...
- Intra-abdominal synovial sarcoma: a clinicopathological study
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Histopathology 45:245-53. 2004
..Synovial sarcoma is rare within the abdomen. In this location, it can be confused with other biphasic tumours and with other spindle and round cell sarcomas...
- Abdominal desmoid tumors
George H Sakorafas
4th Department of Surgery, Athens University, Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, Arkadias 19 21, GR 115 26, Athens, Greece
Surg Oncol 16:131-42. 2007
..Adjuvant therapy should be considered in selected cases; the role of other management options (including gene transfer therapy) is currently under intensive investigation...
- Clear cell myomelanocytic tumor of the falciform ligament/ligamentum teres: a novel member of the perivascular epithelioid clear cell family of tumors with a predilection for children and young adults
A L Folpe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 24:1239-46. 2000
..The differential diagnosis of these tumors includes clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeuroses, leiomyosarcoma, and angiomyolipoma...
- Genetic screening for pheochromocytoma: should SDHC gene analysis be included?
Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Med Genet 44:586-7. 2007
- Molecular characterization by array comparative genomic hybridization and DNA sequencing of 194 desmoid tumors
Department of Pathology, INSERM U916, Bergonie Institute, 229 Cours de l Argonne, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:560-8. 2010
..A better understanding of the pathogenetic pathways in the initiation and progression of desmoid tumors requires studies of 8q and 20q gains, as well as of 6q and 5q losses, and study of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway...
- Sonographic and computed tomography findings of intra-abdominal desmoid tumor
Chia Bang Chen
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, R O C
J Chin Med Assoc 73:393-5. 2010
..Although rare, it should be included in the differential diagnosis when a patient presents with a large abdominal mass...
- MR-guided laser-induced thermotherapy in recurrent extrahepatic abdominal tumors
M G Mack
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Eur Radiol 11:2041-6. 2001
- Results of multimodal treatment for desmoplastic small round cell tumors
Dave R Lal
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:251-5. 2005
..4 years (range, 0.4-11.2 years). CONCLUSIONS: Multimodal therapy results in improved survival in patients with DSRCT. Aggressive surgical resection of these extensive intraabdominal neoplasms correlates with improved patient outcome...
- Aggressive fibromatosis of the abdominal wall, limbs and limb girdles
S R Phillips
Sarcoma and Melanoma Unit, Department of Surgery, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Surg 91:1624-9. 2004
..It is histologically benign but locally aggressive and destructive. Surgery is the mainstay of treatment. This was a review of patients treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital between 1986 and 2003...
- Early experience with PET/CT scan in the evaluation of pediatric abdominal neoplasms
James J Murphy
Department of Pediatric Surgery, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6H 3V4
J Pediatr Surg 43:2186-92. 2008
..It has the potential to be a valuable tool in the evaluation of pediatric abdominal tumors. The goal of this study is to report our early experience with this technology...
- Intra-abdominal follicular dendritic cell sarcoma
Alvaro Díaz de Liaño
Department of General Surgery Hospital Universitario Virgen del Camino Pamplona, Navarra Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 8:837-8. 2006
..Eighteen months after surgery a recurrence at the liver pedicle was detected by a CT-scan and fully resected; in order to prevent another disease relapse postoperative radiotherapy was given...
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a clinical, pathological, and immunohistochemical study of 18 Chinese cases
- Liping Cao
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, China
Int J Surg Pathol 16:257-62. 2008
..36%, 27.92%, and 27.92%, respectively. The survival rate of DSRCT patients is disappointing; however, the survival of patients who had resection of the tumor or received comprehensive clinical treatment is satisfactory...
- Cytology of desmoplastic small round cell tumor
John P Crapanzano
Cytology Service, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer 96:21-31. 2002
..The cytology literature regarding DSRCT, including aspirates and ascitic fluid, is limited. To the authors' knowledge, findings in ThinPrep slides have not been described previously...
- Primary malignant mesothelioma of the abdominal wall: complete response with radiotherapy alone
Gregory M M Videtic
Department of Radiation Oncology T28, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:41-4. 2008
..The present case suggests that radiotherapy alone can provide sustained local control of mesothelioma...
- Surgical management of large desmoid tumour of the anterior abdominal wall
Ahmad Ridzwan Arshad
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asian J Surg 31:90-5. 2008
..Closure under tension of the peritoneum did not seem to produce any morbidity...
- From the archives of the AFIP: abdominal neoplasms in patients with neurofibromatosis type 1: radiologic-pathologic correlation
Angela D Levy
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Alaska and Fern Sts NW, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 25:455-80. 2005
..Interpreting abdominal imaging studies in patients with NF1 can be challenging because of the wide spectrum and diverse nature of tumors that occur in this disease...
- Effectiveness of palliative procedures for intra-abdominal sarcomas
Jen Jen Yeh
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:1084-9. 2005
..Knowledge of the effectiveness of a procedure at achieving its palliative intent, as well as its attendant morbidity and mortality, is therefore paramount during this deliberation...
- Intraabdominal cystic lymphangiomas obscured by marked superimposed reactive changes: clinicopathological analysis of a series
Jason L Hornick
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Pathol 36:426-32. 2005
..Awareness of this unusual occurrence will lead to the correct diagnosis...
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular study of 32 tumors
Marick E Lae
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:823-35. 2002
..This study emphasizes the utility of analysis of the EWS-WT1 gene fusion transcript, which was performed on paraffin-embedded tissues, to confirm the diagnosis...
- The Ras effectors NORE1A and RASSF1A are frequently inactivated in pheochromocytoma and abdominal paraganglioma
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:125-34. 2007
..Our study provides evidence that NORE1A and RASSF1A are frequently suppressed in pheochromocytoma and abdominal paraganglioma. Silencing of NORE1A contributes to the transformed phenotype in these tumours...
- Eliminating unenhanced CT when evaluating abdominal neoplasms in children
Eduardo Just da Costa e Silva
Postgraduate in Children and Adolescent Health, Federal University of Pernambuco, Ave Professor Moraes Rego, 1235 Cidade University, Recife, Pernambuco 50670 901, Brazil
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1211-4. 2007
The purpose of our study was to evaluate a CT protocol that eliminates the unenhanced phase for imaging pediatric abdominal neoplasms.
- Schwannoma in the inguinal canal masquerading an inguinal hernia
Department of Surgery, Thriassion General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hernia 8:73-5. 2004
..We herein present a case of a 65-year-old man with a schwannoma located in the inguinal canal, which presented as an irreducible hernia. This is the first reported case in the English literature of a schwannoma with such a presentation...
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumors: cytologic, histologic, and immunohistochemical features
Department of Histopathology, St Thomas Hospital, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:728-32. 2006
..Cytogenetically, this tumor harbors a specific karyotypic abnormality, namely t(11;22)(p13;q12). These features distinguish DSRCT from other members of the family of small round cell tumors...
- Sonography of various cystic masses of the female groin
Soon Nam Oh
Department of Radiology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Ultrasound Med 26:1735-42. 2007
..The purpose of this presentation is to review the pathologic spectrum of cystic masses that may involve the female groin region, with a correlation of the lesions with their sonographic appearance...
- Surgical treatment for abdominal neuroblastoma in the laparoscopic era
Departments of Surgery, Saitama Children s Medical Center, 2100 Magome, Iwatsuki, Saitama 339 8551, Japan
Surg Endosc 15:751-4. 2001
..The aims of this study were to develop an optimal surgical procedure for the treatment of abdominal neuroblastoma in the laparoscopic era and to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of laparoscopy in the pediatric population...
- Histological profile of tumours from MYCN transgenic mice
H C Moore
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Clin Pathol 61:1098-103. 2008
..MYCN is the most commonly amplified gene in human neuroblastomas. This proto-oncogene has been overexpressed in a mouse model of the disease in order to explore the role of MYCN in this tumour...
- [Case of a sigmoid colon cancer with metachronous metastases of the stomach and the abdominal wall]
Department of Surgery, Sanda Municipal Hospital
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 106:653-9. 2009
..Immunohistochemical studies revealed focal positive staining for CK20 and diffuse for CDX2. These findings were similar to those of his primary sigmoid colon cancer and therefore metastasis was diagnosed...
- Whole abdominopelvic radiotherapy for desmoplastic small round-cell tumor
Karyn A Goodman
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:170-6. 2002
..Our objective was to evaluate the feasibility and outcome of whole abdominopelvic irradiation (WAPI) as part of a combined modality protocol for patients with DSRCT...
- Educational case report--self assessment. An anterior abdominal wall tumour
A H Joshi
Department of Cellular Pathology, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
Cytopathology 14:172, 221-2. 2003
- Malignant granular cell tumor of the abdominal wall
Departement of Pathology, Hospital La Rabta, Tunis, Tunisia
Pathologica 97:130-2. 2005
..Malignant variant is rare and the abdominal wall site is extremely uncommon. Regarding this clinical case and the literature the authors purpose to review the criteria of malignancy...
- Desmoplastic round cell tumor of childhood: can cytology with immunocytochemistry serve as an alternative for tissue diagnosis?
Department of Pathology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Dr E Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai 400012, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 32:330-5. 2005
..In conclusion, given the right clinical setting, a cytological diagnosis of DSRCT is plausible and in conjunction with ICC may help in documenting the polyphenotypic nature and thereby confirming the diagnosis...
- [Intraabdominal dermoid cyst in the differential diagnosis of ascites]
Abteilung Interne Medizin, Elisabethenkrankenhaus Sopron, Sopron, Hungary
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2375-7. 2007
..After three months she was referred to our hospital because of dyspnea and orthopnea as well as edema in the legs...
- [Sporadical extraperitoneal desmoid tumors--review and report on 4 cases]
Klinikum Ernst von Bermann gGmbH, Chirurgische Klinik, Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie, Potsdam
Zentralbl Chir 130:449-53. 2005
..Recently an increasing importance of radiotherapy has been described. Several studies favour radiotherapy as the single form of treatment. Furthermore several medication regimes have been described in the literature...
- Choledochal cyst with obstructive jaundice mimicking resistant abdominal Burkitt lymphoma
Amit Dutt Dwary
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1080-1. 2008
- Image-guided percutaneous needle biopsy in cancer diagnosis and staging
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Interventional Radiology Section, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Tech Vasc Interv Radiol 10:88-101. 2007
- Imaging pediatric abdominal tumors
Sue C Kaste
Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Semin Roentgenol 43:50-9. 2008
- Congenital orbital and disseminated extrarenal malignant rhabdoid tumor
McMaster University School of Medicine, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:76-9. 2005
..We review the current classification of rhabdoid tumors and the previous literature on orbital rhabdoid tumors...
- X-ray volumetric imaging in image-guided radiotherapy: the new standard in on-treatment imaging
Catherine A McBain
Academic Department of Radiation Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:625-34. 2006
..Clinical imaging using the Synergy System (Elekta, Crawley, UK) commenced in July 2003. This study evaluated image quality and dose delivered and assessed clinical utility for treatment verification at a range of anatomic sites...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis in the evaluation of pregnant patients with neoplasms
Department of Radiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0709, USA
Am J Perinatol 24:243-50. 2007
- Desmoplastic round cell tumour of the abdomen
Department of Radiodiagnosis, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Singapore Med J 48:e19-21. 2007
..We aim to demonstrate the imaging findings and to emphasise the importance of including this tumour in the differential diagnosis of childhood intraabdominal and pelvic tumours...
- [Aggressive course of a malignant alveolar soft tissue sarcoma]
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Medizinische Einrichtungen der Universität Bonn, 53127 Bonn
Urologe A 46:1422-4. 2007
..We report a patient's history who rapidly died of his sickness despite the low initial tumor stage...
- Radiation injury: imaging findings in the chest, abdomen and pelvis after therapeutic radiation
Departments of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Imaging 6:S131-9. 2006
..The following will discuss imaging findings that may be seen during imaging surveillance in patients with malignancy affecting the chest, abdomen and pelvis...
- Thyroid gland neurofibroma in a NF1 patient
Department of Neurology, Medical School, Athens National University, Eginition Hospital, Athens, Greece
Acta Neurol Scand 106:58-61. 2002
..The rarity of thyroid gland neurofibroma is discussed here, emphasizing the importance of early detection of these and other NF1 complications, also including the risk of malignant transformation with lethal outcome...
- Generalized myelolipoma
Mohammad Taghi Arzanian
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Mofid Children s Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 9:274-6. 2006
..Herein, we present a 6-year-old girl with myelolipoma with generalized involvement of her abdomen, pelvis, chest, and retroorbital region...
- Biphasic synovial sarcoma of the abdominal wall
Department of Pathology, Hospital General San Jorge, Avenida Martinez de Velasco, 36, 22071, Huesca, Spain
Virchows Arch 449:367-72. 2006
..The tumor recurred at the same site, and clinical course progressed to death 3 months after the initial diagnosis...
- Intra-abdominal desmoid tumor mimicking lymph node recurrence after gastrectomy for gastric cancer
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1224-6. 2006
- [Can endometriosis be the differential diagnosis of abdominal wall tumoral formation after caesarean section or aesthetics dermo-lipectomy?]
Jose Mendes Aldrighi
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:200-1. 2007
- Intensive follow-up after liver resection for colorectal liver metastases: results of combined serial tumour marker estimations and computed tomography of the chest and abdomen - a prospective study
Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, University College London, The Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, UK
Br J Cancer 95:21-6. 2006
..Tumour markers and CT should be used in combination in the follow-up of patients with resected colorectal liver metatases, including patients whose markers are normal at the time of initial liver resection...
- [MIBG scintigraphy in neuroblastoma: something more than an image]
L Diez Jimenez
Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Rev Esp Med Nucl 25:118-43. 2006
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumour: obstetric and gynecological presentations
D N Church
Department of Medical Oncology, Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre, Horfield Road, Bristol, BS2 8ED, UK
Gynecol Oncol 102:583-6. 2006
..Desmoplastic small round cell tumour (DSRCT) is a rare sarcoma primarily affecting young men. We report two cases in young women mimicking gynaecological malignancy...
- Atypical manifestations of multiple myeloma: radiological appearance
Department of Radiology, St Vincenz Hospital, Auf dem Schafsberg, D 65549 Limburg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 58:280-5. 2006
..Extramedullary plasma-cell tumours (plasmocytoma) are found in about 5% of newly diagnosed patients with multiple myelomas. In this paper we present eight patients with atypical forms of multiple myeloma...
- Implementation of an international teleradiology staffing model
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 789 Howard Ave, TE 2, New Haven, CT 06520 8042, USA
Radiology 232:415-9. 2004
..Technical problems temporarily prevented the transfer of image cases twice during the study period. Overall, the project results demonstrated the feasibility and reliability of an international teleradiology staffing model...
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis initially presenting with abdominal pain: a case report
Hseuh Chieh Lu
Department of Medical Imaging, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Clin Imaging 27:166-70. 2003
..We describe a case of LAM suffering from abdominal pain followed by pulmonary symptoms and the diagnosis was not made until pathohistological examination...
- Recurrent ovarian malignancy: patterns and spectrum of imaging findings
C M Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, SNUMRC, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Abdom Imaging 28:404-15. 2003
..Familiarity with the patterns and spectrum of imaging findings of recurrent ovarian malignancy will facilitate accurate diagnosis and prompt treatment...
- Locoregional control in infants with neuroblastoma: role of radiation therapy and late toxicity
Arnold C Paulino
Department ofRadiation Oncology, The University of Iowa College of Medicine and Children s Hospital of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1025-31. 2002
..To review patterns of failure in infants with neuroblastoma and determine late toxicity and efficacy of radiotherapy (RT) on locoregional control...
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor presenting in the ovaries: report of a case and review of the literature
Gynecologic Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:760-3. 2002
..The clinical presentation and differential diagnoses as well as the treatment including aggressive surgical debulking and multiagent chemotherapy are discussed...
- [Radiologic diagnosis in oncologic practice]
L A Tiushin
Vopr Onkol 49:543-54. 2003
- Correlating computed tomography and positron emission tomography scan with operative findings in metastatic colorectal cancer
Grant Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 44:354-7. 2001
..However, positron emission tomography scanning is more sensitive than computed tomography scanning and more likely to give the correct result when actual metastatic disease is present...
- Cystic malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the gastrocolic ligament
C C Huang
Department of Radiology, Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Kaohsiung, 123 Ta-Pei Road, Niao-Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Br J Radiol 74:651-3. 2001
..To our knowledge, the CT appearance of primary cystic MFH of the gastrocolic ligament has not been previously documented...
- Unusual sites of lymph node metastases and pitfalls in their detection
F J Moulding
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Clin Radiol 59:558-72. 2004
- Recurrent polytopic chromaffin paragangliomas in a 9-year-old boy resulting from a novel germline mutation in the von Hippel-Lindau gene
Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital of the University of Leipzig, Germany
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:145-8. 2002
..Molecular genetics aid in the clinical decision-making and clinical management of individual patients with pheochromocytoma...
- [Differential diagnosis of soft tissue sarcomas]
Chirurgische Klinik II, Universitat Leipzig
Chirurg 75:1159-64. 2004
..Soft tissue sarcoma often goes undetected...
- Daily ultrasound-based image-guided targeting for radiotherapy of upper abdominal malignancies
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:1245-56. 2004
..We assessed the potential for improvement of daily repositioning and the feasibility of daily application...
- Abdominopelvic mesh compartmentalization reduces the complications of radiotherapy in children: a preliminary report
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:348-51. 2006
..The aim of this report was to assess the effects of radiotherapy (RT) in children with abdominopelvic tumours in whom a biodegradable (Polyglactin 910) mesh had been inserted prior to commencement of radiotherapy...
- [Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a clinicopathologic study of 15 cases]
Ji Long Yang
Department of Pathology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:650-5. 2005
- Oral contrast medium in PET/CT: should you or shouldn't you?
Ashley M Groves
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Middlesex Hospital, University College London, Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3AA, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 32:1160-6. 2005
..We therefore prospectively examined PET/CT studies to assess whether the use of oral contrast medium induces clinically relevant artefacts and whether the use of these agents is diagnostically helpful...
- Yolk sac tumor of childhood: diagnosis on fine needle aspiration biopsy
Acta Cytol 49:697-8. 2005
- Management of soft tissue sarcomas of the abdomen and pelvis
Department of Surgery, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Colorectal Dis 5:129-32. 2003
..The aim of this study was to assess patient outcome following treatment of these tumours at a tertiary referral centre...
- Why nearly all PET of abdominal and pelvic cancers will be performed as PET/CT
Richard L Wahl
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 45:82S-95S. 2004
..Under the search term "PET/CT," 142 articles were identified under the National Library of Medicine Pub Med database, and a number of general findings are summarized...
- CT appearances of intraabdominal and intrapelvic fatty lesions
Centro Radiológico Luis Méndez Collado, Muñecas 444, San Miguel de Tucuman, Tucuman 4000, Republica Argentina
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:933-43. 2004
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor in the abdomen and pelvis: report of CT findings in 11 affected children and young adults
Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1910-4. 2005
- Prospective evaluation of contrast-enhanced MRI in the depiction of peritoneal spread in primary or recurrent ovarian cancer
Department of Radiology, Charite Virchow Klinikum, Medical Faculty, Humboldt University, Augustenburgerplatz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:943-9. 2003
..Magnetic resonance imaging based on contrast-enhanced fat-saturated T1 SE sequences improves planning of cytoreduction preceding chemotherapy in advanced primary or relapsed ovarian carcinoma...
- An approach for cure: PEI-chemotherapy and regional deep hyperthermia in children and adolescents with unresectable malignant tumors
Clinik of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Klin Padiatr 215:303-9. 2003
..In clinical usage thermochemotherapy (TCH) should facilitate surgical resection and ameliorate local tumor control...
- A myxoid liposarcoma in the lower leg, with a large intra-abdominal metastasis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
J Orthop Sci 6:95-7. 2001
..Ileus and respiratory distress, caused by compression by the abdominal mass, gradually worsened, and she died in 1999, at the age of 34. The girth of her abdomen was 135 cm at the time of death...
- [Metaiodobenzylguanidine scintigraphy in the diagnosis and followup of neuroblastoma. Apropos of 16 cases]
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital Militaire de Tunis, Tunis
Tunis Med 85:413-6. 2007
..The aim of this study is to evaluate meta-iodo-benzyl-guanidine scintigraphy in the diagnosis and the management of neuroblastoma...
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia: a late presentation following treatment for stage IV neuroblastoma
Department of Paediatric Oncology, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:467-71. 2003
- Bilateral asynchronous metastatic carcinoid tumor of the testis
Jeremy M Blumberg
Department of Urology, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Urology 65:174. 2005
..The resected mass was the primary source of the carcinoid tumor. Four years later, examination revealed carcinoid tumor in his remaining testis...
- Intraabdominal desmoplastic small round cell tumour
Service of Pediatric Surgery, Niño Jesús University Hospital, Avenida Menéndez Pelayo n 64, 28009 Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Surg Int 21:279-81. 2005
..Until more effective forms of treatment are found, we recommend treatment with chemotherapy, surgery, and radiotherapy, with close monitoring of the patient...
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma: objective response to letrozole
F C Maluf
The Developmental Chemotherapy Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 82:384-8. 2001
..5 mg with partial response for a duration of 9 months. CONCLUSION: Letrozole at a daily dose of 2.5 mg may be effective in low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma with positive estrogen receptors...
- Coexistence of cystic intra-abdominal lymphangiomas and diffuse venous haemangiomas in adult life
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, 01330, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Neth J Med 61:95-7. 2003
..We also emphasise the other clinical conditions that should be considered in the differential diagnosis...
- Primary staging and follow-up in melanoma patients--monocenter evaluation of methods, costs and patient survival
Skin Cancer Unit German Cancer Research Centre, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1, Mannheim 68167, Germany
Br J Cancer 87:151-7. 2002
..Taken together, imaging procedures for routine follow-up in stage I/II and stage III melanoma patients were inefficient and not cost-efficient...
- Intra-abdominal desmoplastic small round-cell tumour: multiphase CT findings in two children
Jin Hyoung Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap 2 dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
Pediatr Radiol 33:418-21. 2003
..DSRCT should be included in the differential diagnosis of malignant intraperitoneal neoplasm in children. Multiphase CT may be helpful in delineating tumour extent, vascularity and direct invasion into adjacent organs...
- Outcome and patterns of failure in pathologic stages I-IV clear-cell carcinoma of the endometrium: implications for adjuvant radiation therapy
Kevin T Murphy
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1272-6. 2003
..To evaluate the outcome and patterns of failure in women with uterine clear-cell carcinoma and discuss implications for adjuvant radiation therapy (RT)...
- Use of radiofrequency for ablation of unresectable hepatic metastasis in desmoplastic small round cell tumor
António Gonçalves de Oliveira-Filho
Boldrini Children s Cancer Center, Department of University of Campinas, UNICAMP TCBC, Brazil
Med Pediatr Oncol 41:476-7. 2003
- On the apparent failure of adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy to improve survival for women with uterine sarcomas confined to the uterus
Kathryn E Dusenbery
Department of Therapeutic Radiology Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 28:295-300. 2005
- [Expression and clinical significance of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha in gastric cancer]
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:1439-42. 2006
..This study was to evaluate the expression of HIF-1alpha in gastric cancer, and explore its correlation to clinical features of gastric cancer...
- Unusual spread of liposarcoma
P P Vassilopoulos
Department of Surgical Oncology, Saint-Savvas Anticancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 21:1419-21. 2001
..Such an approach should result in earlier detection and hopefully improve survival for patients with liposarcoma...
- Treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis by cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemoperfusion (IHCP): postoperative outcome and risk factors for morbidity
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Advanced Surgical Oncology Unit, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
World J Surg 30:2033-40; discussion 2041-2. 2006
Cytoreductive surgery with limited or extended peritonectomy associated with intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemoperfusion (IHCP) has been proposed for treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) from abdominal neoplasms.
- Treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from colonic cancer by cytoreduction, peritonectomy and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC). Experience of ten years
Department of General and Oncological Surgery, San Giuseppe Hospital, Viale Boccaccio, 12, 50053 Empoli Florence, Italy
In Vivo 24:79-84. 2010
Peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) is one of the routes of dissemination of abdominal neoplasms and is generally considered a lethal disease, with a poor prognosis by conventional chemotherapeutic treatments...
- Evolution of fine needle aspiration cytology in the accurate diagnosis of pancreatic neoplasms
Joyce M Ho
Harbor University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, California 90509, USA
Am Surg 73:941-4. 2007
..aspiration (EUS-FNA), a minimally invasive, safe, and accurate cytologic examination of a variety of intra-abdominal neoplasms has become possible...