Genomes and Genes
Summary: A focal malformation resembling a neoplasm, composed of an overgrowth of mature cells and tissues that normally occur in the affected area.
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Dysregulation of HIF and VEGF is a unifying feature of the familial hamartoma syndromesJames Brugarolas
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 44 Binney Street, Mayer 457, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:7-10. 2004..How mTOR dysregulation after inactivation of LKB1 or TSC1/2 contributes to hamartoma development is not known...
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma on the foreheadEugene Jeong
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, St Mary s Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 45:598-9. 2006..These findings are consistent with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma. There was no change in the lesion during the 1-year follow-up period.
- PI3K/mTORC1 activation in hamartoma syndromes: therapeutic prospectsVera P Krymskaya
Department of Medicine, and Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 3403, USA
Cell Cycle 8:403-13. 2009..3-kinase (PI3K) and mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is characteristic feature of hamartoma syndromes...
- Different electroclinical manifestations of the epilepsy associated with hamartomas connecting to the middle or posterior hypothalamusAlberto J R Leal
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Hospital Júlio de Matos, Lisbon, Portugal
Epilepsia 44:1191-5. 2003..We correlate anatomic details of the hamartoma and the clinical and neurophysiologic manifestations of the associated epilepsy.
- Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinus presenting as a periapical radiolucency: a case report and review of the literatureHarvey P Kessler
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:607-12. 2004We report a case of respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the left maxillary sinus that initially presented as a periapical radiolucency involving the left maxillary first molar...
- Tumor suppressor gene alterations in respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH): comparison to sinonasal adenocarcinoma and inflamed sinonasal mucosaJohn A Ozolek
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1576-80. 2006Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH) is an unusual benign sinonasal glandular proliferation. REAH is not considered a neoplasm, although, no molecular evidence exists to support or refute this possibility...
- Bronchoscopic features and bronchoscopic intervention for endobronchial hamartomaSu A Kim
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Respirology 15:150-4. 2010Bronchoscopic resection of endobronchial hamartomas has been reported to have a favourable outcome. This study describes the bronchoscopic features of endobronchial hamartoma and reports the clinical outcome of bronchoscopic intervention.
- Nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma: CT and MR imaging findingsJi Eun Kim
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:416-9. 2009We report CT and MR imaging findings for a case of nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma occurring in a 19-month-old boy. A nasal chondromesenchymal hamartoma is a rare benign pediatric hamartoma that can simulate malignancy...
- Minimally invasive bronchoscopic resection of benign tumors of the bronchiAscedio Jose Rodrigues
Respiratory Endoscopy Department, University of São Paulo School of Medicine Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 37:796-800. 2011..Primary benign tumors of the trachea and main bronchi are uncommon. Interventional bronchoscopy allows the diagnosis and the treatment of some of these lesions...
- Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma associated with nasal polyposisCarine Delbrouck
Department of ENT, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Otolaryngol 25:282-4. 2004b>Hamartoma is a rare, non-neoplastic tumor characterized by an abnormal mixture of tissues, which are indigenous to the region. They are rare in the nasal cavity...
- Visual improvement after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling for vitreoretinal traction associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumJay B Stallman
Georgia Retina, P C, Decatur, Georgia 30030, USA
Retina 22:101-4. 2002
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with massive mucin depositionYuichiro Tsunemi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 15:291-2. 2005Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is a rare condition characterized histologically by an increased number of eccrine structures and numerous vascular elements...
- Surgical outcomes of epiretinal membranes associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumAaron D Cohn
Beaumont Eye Institute, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Retina 29:825-30. 2009To determine the surgical outcomes of epiretinal membranes associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling with or without assistance of autologous plasmin ..
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall: radiologic manifestations with emphasis on cross-sectional imaging and histopathologic comparisonKathleen R Groom
Dept of Radiology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Radiology 222:205-11. 2002To describe the imaging features of chest wall mesenchymal hamartoma with emphasis on cross-sectional imaging and comparison with histopathologic results.
- Bilateral adenomatoid odontogenic hamartomaDaniela Otero
Pathology Postgraduate Program, Fluminense Federal University UFF, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 107:e24-6. 2009..first case of bilateral odontogenic lesions consistent with several cases of unifocal adenomatoid odontogenic hamartoma in the literature...
- Hamartoma of the spleenHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:147-51. 2009Splenic hamartoma is a rare, benign vascular proliferation that is often found incidentally while working up other complaints or at autopsy. Women more commonly present with symptoms related to mass effect than men...
- Assessment of a biliary hamartoma with contrast-enhanced sonography using two different contrast agentsJ Hohmann
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, Basel
Ultraschall Med 30:185-8. 2009..Histology showed a benign biliary hamartoma and incomplete cirrhosis...
- DNA sequence of the translocation breakpoints in undifferentiated embryonal sarcoma arising in mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver harboring the t(11;19)(q11;q13.4) translocationVeena Rajaram
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:508-13. 2007..sarcoma of the liver is a highly malignant and aggressive tumor that occasionally arises within mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver (MHL), a benign tumor that typically occurs in young children...
- Surgical management of epiretinal membrane in combined hamartomas of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumXiao Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Retina 30:305-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the surgical outcome of combined hamartomas of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in five patients...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma arising in multiple bile duct hamartomas: report of two cases and review of the literatureAi Min Xu
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:580-4. 2009..Any other clinically detectable primary tumor was not found. These two neoplasms were interpreted as a cholangiocarcinoma arising in BDHs. This suggested BDHs might be a risk factor of development of cholangiocarcinoma...
- Fetal mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver: report of a caseShinkichi Kamata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:639-41. 2003The authors report a case of hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma diagnosed prenatally with ultrasound scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and confirmed histologically postdelivery...
- Perirenal tailgut cyst (cystic hamartoma)Ming Tse Sung
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memory Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, China
J Pediatr Surg 38:1404-6. 2003..The authors herein describe the clinical, radiologic, and pathologic features of an unusual perirenal tailgut cyst with an emphasis on its histogenesis and distinction from other intraabdominal cystic lesions...
- Endobronchial hamartomaBorja G Cosio
Respiratory Department, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 122:202-5. 2002To describe clinical, endoscopic, radiographic, and follow-up characteristics of a series of patients in whom endobronchial hamartoma (EH) had been diagnosed.
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartomaMichelle T Pelle
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:429-35. 2002Four patients with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma are described...
- Mucosal Schwann cell "hamartoma": clinicopathologic study of 26 neural colorectal polyps distinct from neurofibromas and mucosal neuromasJoanna A Gibson
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:781-7. 2009..Although their nature is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "mucosal Schwann cell 'hamartoma'" to avoid confusion with the neural lesions that have significant associations with inherited syndromes.
- Giant folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma of the upper extremityDavid E Sturtz
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cutan Pathol 31:287-90. 2004Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH) is a rare cutaneous hamartoma consisting of dilated folliculosebaceous units invested in mesenchymal elements. These lesions have a striking predilection for the central face and scalp of adults...
- Genital variant of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaJ L Bolognia
Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA
Dermatology 197:258-60. 1998..This is in contrast to sebaceous trichofolliculomas which often present as depressed ostia containing terminal or vellus hairs...
- Liver tumors in childrenSukru Emre
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:632-8. 2004..The therapy of these tumors has evolved over time and it currently involves a combination of surgery, adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy and possible transplantation...
- Optical coherence tomography of retinal astrocytic hamartoma in 15 casesCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1553-7. 2006To describe the features of retinal astrocytic hamartoma using optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- The evolution of treatment for hypothalamic hamartoma: a personal odysseyJeffrey V Rosenfeld
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Neurosurg Focus 30:E1. 2011The prognosis for patients with hypothalamic hamartoma has improved dramatically over the last 20 years, for 3 main reasons. First, because of improved understanding of the anatomy and pathophysiology of these varied lesions...
- Biologic characteristics of fibrous hamartoma from congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia associated with neurofibromatosis type 1Tae Joon Cho
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, 28 Yeongeon dong Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:2735-44. 2008Fibrous hamartoma is a key pathologic component of congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia, a challenging and disabling bone disorder...
- Optical coherence tomographic findings of combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 11 patientsCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, 840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1746-50. 2005
- Combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 77 consecutive patients visual outcome based on macular versus extramacular tumor locationCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 115:2246-2252.e3. 2008To evaluate visual outcome of eyes with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor - hamartoma or true neoplasm: a case reportDeepti Garg
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, M M College of Dental Sciences and Research, M M University, Mullana, India
J Oral Sci 51:155-9. 2009..We report a case of AOT in the right maxillary anterior region in a 20-year-old woman. The tumor showed some unusual and aggressive features that suggested it was a true neoplasm...
- Photodynamic therapy for exudative hamartoma in tuberous sclerosisStefan Mennel
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 124:597-9. 2006
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: clinical, histological and imaging findingsR H Laeng
Department of Pathology, Kantonsspital Aarau, Switzerland
Dermatology 203:70-4. 2001Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is an exceedingly rare benign tumor-like lesion prevalent in childhood which may produce pain and marked sweating...
- Basket pattern blood flow signals discovered in a case of splenic hamartoma by power Doppler ultrasonographyShigeo Nakanishi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:5235-8. 2005..PDUS), abdominal computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings for a case of splenic hamartoma in a 27-year-old man, showing a phi 50 mm homogeneous, iso- and hypo-echoic splenic mass with evidence of a ..
- Incidentally detected splenic lesions in ultrasound: does contrast-enhanced ultrasonography improve the differentiation of benign hemangioma/hamartoma from malignant lesions?A Stang
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Palliative Care, Asklepios Hospital Barmbek, Hamburg, Germany
Ultraschall Med 32:582-92. 2011The aim of the study was to identify and validate enhancing features for differentiating benign vascular neoplasms of the hemangioma/hamartoma type from malignant splenic lesions on contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS).
- Breast hamartoma: a case reportU Barbaros
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 105:658-9. 2005Breast hamartoma is a benign and rare tumour consisting of glandular fat and fibrous tissue. A 36-year old woman was admitted to our clinic, complaining of a mass in her right breast since two months...
- "Hamartoma" of the spleen (splenoma) in childrenCarlos Abramowsky
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Egleston Children s Hospital, 1405 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:231-6. 2004....
- Leiomyomatous hamartoma: report of two cases and review of the literatureMario Nava-Villalba
Oral Pathology Department, School of Dentistry, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e39-45. 2008Two cases of leiomyomatous hamartoma (LH) in patients of Latin ancestry are reported here...
- Giant hamartoma of the breast treated by the mammaplasty approachFernando Hernanz
ANZ J Surg 78:216-7. 2008
- Resection of giant endobronchial hamartoma by electrocautery and cryotherapy via flexible bronchoscopySedat Altin
Yedikule Chest Disease and Chest Surgery Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 55:390-4. 2007Endobronchial hamartoma is a rare tumor which is 3-10% of all hamartomas. We presented a case of endobronchial hamartoma that was resected and ablated with electrocautery and cryotherapy by fiberoptic bronchoscopy...
- [Mammary hamartoma]Jaime Ruiz-Tovar
Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Cir Esp 79:186-8. 2006For many years, mammary hamartoma was considered to be an under-diagnosed disease...
- Respiratory adenomatoid hamartoma must be suspected on CT-scan enlargement of the olfactory cleftsNuno Barros Lima
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Henri Poincare University, CHU Central Hospital, Nancy, France
Rhinology 44:264-9. 2006To demonstrate that Respiratory Epithelial Adenomatoid Hamartoma (REAH) of the nose, a recently individualized benign tumour, is characterized by a significant widening of the CT-scan width of the olfactory clefts.
- Disturbed osteoblastic differentiation of fibrous hamartoma cell from congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia associated with neurofibromatosis type IDong Yeon Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Orthop Surg 3:230-7. 2011Fibrous hamartoma is the key pathology of congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia (CPT), which was shown to have low osteogenicity and high osteoclastogenicity...
- [Hamartoma of the spleen (splenoma) in a child with sickle cell anemia]Amal Benkirane
Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Robert Debre, 48, Boulevard Sérurier 75019 Paris
Ann Pathol 27:27-30. 2007..and histologically characterized by disorganized red pulp tissue without interspersed white pulp leading to the diagnosis of hamartoma. The association of hamartoma and hematological conditions is a very unusual condition in children.
- Photodynamic therapy with Verteporfin for vascular leakage from a combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumHelena Cilliers
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:186-8. 2006This interventional case report describes a patient with a combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE), which was treated with photodynamic therapy (PDT) with Verteporfin...
- Prevalence of benign disease in patients undergoing resection for suspected lung cancerMichael A Smith
Department of Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1824-8; discussion 1828-9. 2006..We sought to characterize our experience with focal pulmonary lesions suggestive of lung cancer and subsequently proven benign on surgical resection...
- Multiple leiomyomatous hamartoma in the oral cavitySeiji Iida
The First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 36:241-4. 2007Leiomyomatous hamartoma (LH) is congenital lesion rarely seen in oral cavity...
- Folliculocystic and collagen hamartoma of tuberous sclerosis complexAntonio Torrelo
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Nino Jesus, Madrid, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 66:617-21. 2012..Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by tumors and hamartomas in several organs including the skin...
- Unusual hepatic tumor with features of mesenchymal hamartoma and congenital solitary nonparasitic cystGeorgia M Azar
Department of Pathology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:265-9. 2003..Aneuploidy was demonstrated by flow cytometry. We interpreted the tumor as having features of a mesenchymal hamartoma and congenital solitary nonparasitic cyst...
- Laparoscopic antrectomy for a proximal duodenal Brunner gland hamartomaChinnusamy Palanivelu
GEM Hospital and Postgraduate Institute, 45 A Pankaja Mill Road, Coimbatore 641045, India
JSLS 13:110-5. 2009..We present a patient with a preoperative histology proved diagnosis of isolated duodenal tubulovillous adenomatous polyp with high-grade dysplasia for whom we performed laparoscopic antrectomy...
- Human TSC2-null fibroblast-like cells induce hair follicle neogenesis and hamartoma morphogenesisShaowei Li
Department of Dermatology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Nat Commun 2:235. 2011..These studies indicate that TSC2-null cells are the inciting cells for TSC skin hamartomas, and suggest that studies on hamartomas will provide insights into tissue morphogenesis and regeneration...
- Rhabdomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma: an unusual dermal entity with a report of two cases and a review of the literatureArlene Sylvia Rosenberg
Department of Pathology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
J Cutan Pathol 29:238-43. 2002Rhabdomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma (RMH) is a rare congenital lesion of the dermis and soft tissues consisting of a disordered and varied collection of mature adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, adnexal elements and nerve bundles...
- Breast hamartoma with intrathoracic extension in a 13-year-old boyShilpi Singh Gupta
Department of Surgery, MGM Medical College and MY Hospital, Indore 452 001, India
J Cancer Res Ther 6:86-8. 2010Breast hamartoma is a rare tumor that has been reported only thrice in a male breast. The pediatric age group is seldom involved...
- Stereotactic radiofrequency ablation for the treatment of gelastic seizures associated with hypothalamic hamartoma. Case reportA G Parrent
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 91:881-4. 1999The author presents the case of a patient with gelastic seizures associated with a hypothalamic hamartoma, in whom partial resection of the hamartoma followed by temporal lobectomy and orbitofrontal corticectomy failed to reduce the ..
- Hamartoma of the breast in a man: first case reportK Ravakhah
Department of Medicine Huron Hospital, CCHS, Cleveland, Ohio 44112, USA
Breast J 7:266-8. 2001..Rare types include muscular (myoid) and cartilage (chondroid) hamartomas. We report a case of muscular hamartoma in a man. A 36-year-old man was admitted to the psychiatric unit with the diagnosis of schizophrenia...
- Large mammary hamartoma of axillary supernumerary breast tissueBenedito Borges da Silva
Department of Gynecology, Federal University of Piaui, Teresina, Piaui, Brazil
Breast 15:135-6. 2006b>Hamartoma is an uncommon breast tumor and it is extremely rare to find it in ectopic breast tissue. We report the first case, to our knowledge, of a large hamartoma axillary supernumerary breast tissue...
- Diagnosis and management of epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartoma: an evidence-based systematic reviewSandipan Pati
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02411, USA
J Child Neurol 28:909-16. 2013....
- Rhabdomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma of oral cavity: an unusual location for such a rare lesionGaetano Magro
Virchows Arch 446:346-7. 2005
- Placental transmogrification of the lung is a histologic pattern frequently associated with pulmonary fibrochondromatous hamartomaRuliang Xu
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:562-6. 2002..It has been reported to occur in association with bullous emphysema and lipomatosis...
- Myoid hamartoma of the breast: case report and review of the literatureJothi Rajasekaran Murugesan
Department of General Surgery, Grantham and District Hospital, Grantham NG31 8DG, England
Clin Breast Cancer 7:345-6. 2006b>Hamartoma is a mass of disorganized but mature specialized cells or tissue indigenous to the particular site...
- Pars Plana vitrectomy and epiretinal membrane peeling for vitreoretinal traction associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (CHRRPE)L Konstantinidis
Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 224:356-9. 2007Combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (CHRRPE) are rare, benign tumours that typically appear slightly elevated and are characterised by varying amounts of pigmentation, vascular tortuosity, and epiretinal ..
- Undifferentiated (embryonal) liver sarcoma: synchronous and metachronous occurrence with neoplasms other than mesenchymal liver hamartomaGorana Gasljević
Department of Pathology, Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:250-6. 2011..The association of UELS with neoplasm other than mesenchymal liver hamartoma is exceedingly rare...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with features resembling verrucous hemangiomaAnjela Galan
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:68-70. 2007Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is a benign malformation characterized by a proliferation of eccrine glands and capillary vessels in the dermis...
- Retinal astrocytic hamartomaKrista Martin
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Santa Maria Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic, Santa Maria, California, USA
Optometry 81:221-33. 2010..Although the finding may point toward a systemic association, it can also be found incidentally on retinal examination as an isolated presentation...
- Lobular carcinoma located in a breast hamartomaCatherine Breucq
Department of Radiology, AZ VUB Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Breast J 11:508-9. 2005
- The gelastic seizures-hypothalamic hamartoma syndrome: facts, hypotheses, and perspectivesSalvatore Striano
Epilepsy Center, Department of Neurological Sciences, Federico II University, Napoli, Italy
Epilepsy Behav 24:7-13. 2012Hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) can be associated with a wide spectrum of epileptic conditions, ranging from a mild form with seizures characterized by urge to laugh and no cognitive involvement up to a catastrophic encephalopathy with early ..
- Hamartoma of the breast: an underrecognized disease?Wei Feng Lee
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
Tumori 94:114-5. 2008..On the basis of the clinical and mammographic findings, hamartoma of the breast was highly suspected...
- Imaging findings of intrahepatic bile duct adenoma (peribiliary gland hamartoma): a case report and literature reviewYou Sung Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:560-5. 2010..Although rare, bile duct adenoma should be considered as a differential diagnosis of a small hypervascular tumor located in the periphery of liver. Focal cystic change and intratumoral hemorrhage may occur...
- Spectral domain optical coherence tomography of combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumChristopher S Huot
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Missouri 64108, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 40:322-4. 2009..Fundus examination and fluorescein angiography findings were consistent with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium...
- Cholangiocarcinoma arising in bile duct adenoma with focal area of bile duct hamartomaT Hasebe
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Virchows Arch 426:209-13. 1995..Some cystically dilated ductules with bile plugs resembling bile duct hamartoma (BDH) were also seen...
- Breast cancer associated with mammary hamartomaMasaya Kai
Department of Breast Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Breast Cancer 19:183-6. 2012Mammary hamartoma is an infrequent, nonmalignant lesion. Only 12 cases of carcinomas associated with a hamartoma have been previously documented in the literature...
- Spindle cell predominant trichodiscoma: a fibrofolliculoma/trichodiscoma variant considered formerly to be a neurofollicular hamartoma: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of 17 casesHeinz Kutzner
Dermatopathologische Gemeinschaftspraxis, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Am J Dermatopathol 28:1-8. 2006Seventeen solitary nasal tumors that fulfilled all diagnostic criteria of so-called neurofollicular hamartoma, apart from distinct S100-positivity, were compared histopathologically and immunohistochemically with seven typical ..
- A case of respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartomaJonathan Liang
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 28:277-9. 2007We report a case of a 70-year-old man diagnosed with a respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH) of the nasal cavity after a past sinus surgery and associated with nasal polyposis...
- Psychogenic gelastic seizures in a patient with hypothalamic hamartomaTimothy Scarella
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Epileptic Disord 14:187-9. 2012Gelastic seizures are classically associated with hypothalamic hamartoma. The most effective treatment for gelastic epilepsy is surgery, although confirming that a hypothalamic hamartoma is an epileptic lesion prior to surgical ..
- Hypothalamic hamartomaKazunori Arita
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima University, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 45:221-31. 2005..This review of hypothalamic hamartomas presents current classifications, pathophysiologies, and treatment modalities...
- Spontaneous rupture of splenic hamartoma in a patient with hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a case report and review of the literatureYasuji Seyama
Department of Surgery, Asahi General Hospital, I 1326, Asahi City, Chiba 289 2511, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:2133-5. 2006Spontaneous rupture is a rare complication of splenic hamartoma. A review of the literature revealed only four such cases...
- Optical coherence tomography in presumed congenital simple hamartoma of retinal pigment epitheliumDhananjay Shukla
Retina Vitreous Service, Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 1 Anna Nagar, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Am J Ophthalmol 139:945-7. 2005To report the optical coherence tomography (OCT) findings in two cases of presumed congenital simple retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) hamartoma.
- Unique concurrent appearance of two rare conditions in a young girl: central precocious puberty due to hypothalamic hamartoma and uncommon type of diabetesMirjana Kocova
Department of Endocrinology and Genetics, University Children s Hospital, Skopje, Macedonia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:815-8. 2011..We present a girl with early onset of central precocious puberty at the age of 8 months, due to hypothalamic hamartoma. Treatment with depot of a GnRH analog for a period of 9 years and 8 months was successful, and her puberty ..
- Colonic hamartoma development by anomalous duplication in Cdx2 knockout miceY Tamai
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 59:2965-70. 1999..The hamartoma started to develop at 11...
- Myoid hamartoma of breast with chondroid metaplasia: a case reportJoon Joon Khoo
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 31:77-80. 2009Breast hamartoma is an uncommon poorly recognised benign breast neoplasm. Hamartoma displaying marked smooth muscle components known as myoid hamartoma of the breast is a much rarer entity...
- Treatment modalities for intractable epilepsy in hypothalamic hamartomaJoong Uhn Choi
Department of Neurosurgery, CHA University, Sungnam, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Adv Tech Stand Neurosurg 39:117-30. 2012Hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is usually associated with refractory epilepsy, cognitive impairment, and behavioral disturbance. There is now increasing evidence that HH can be treated effectively with a variety of neurosurgical approaches...
- Functional brain mapping of ictal activity in gelastic epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartoma: a case reportAlberto J R Leal
Department of Neurophysiology, Hospital Júlio de Matos, Lisbon, Portugal
Epilepsia 50:1624-31. 2009..fMRI) of several seizure events were obtained, with blood oxygen level dependent (BOLD) activation of the hamartoma, and left hemisphere hypothalamus, hippocampus, parietal-occipital area, cingulate gyrus, and dorsal-lateral ..
- Endobronchial hamartoma with obstructive pneumonia due to Nocardia asiaticaTakako Matsumoto
Department of Surgery, Saitamaken Saiseikai Kurihashi Hospital, 714 6 Gotanda, Kouemon, Kitakatsushika gun, Saitama 349 1105, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 59:141-4. 2011..could not be achieved with a high-frequency snare, although the patient was preoperatively diagnosed as having hamartoma. The patient subsequently underwent resection of the right lower lobe due to his deteriorated clinical condition...
- Congenital simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium: a study of five casesCarol L Shields
The Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1005-11. 2003To report 5 patients with presumed congenital, simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma of inguinal lymph nodesAndrea Piedimonte
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:714-6. 2006
- Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinusYuji Himi
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kanazawa Medical College, Kanazawa, Japan
J Laryngol Otol 116:317-8. 2002A case of respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinus is reported. Glandular hamartomas involving the sinonasal tract have received only limited documentation in the literature...
- Hemoclip-assisted polypectomy of large duodenal Brunner's gland hamartomaYang Yuan Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhua Christian Medical Center, 135 Nanhsiao Street, Changhua, 500, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1670-2. 2006Brunner's gland hamartoma, also known as Brunneroma or Brunner's gland adenoma, is a rare tumor of the duodenum and an uncommon cause of gastrointestinal bleeding...
- A complex translocation (6;12;8)(q25;q24.3;q13) in a fibrous hamartoma of infancyAnne Laure Rougemont
Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 171:115-8. 2006..Surgical excision was performed 16 months later. Histology revealed a fibrous hamartoma of infancy. Follow-up has been uneventful, and no recurrence of the mass has been observed...
- An identical HMGIC-LPP fusion transcript is consistently expressed in pulmonary chondroid hamartomas with t(3;12)(q27-28;q14-15)P Rogalla
Center of Human Genetics and Genetic Counseling, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 29:363-6. 2000..Our results clearly show that neither the histologic differences between lipomas and PCHs nor the histologic heterogeneity of PCHs can be explained by a molecular diversity of the HMGIC-LPP fusion transcript...
- Laparoscopic extirpation of splenic hamartomaYukihiro Tatekawa
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840, Shijyo cho, Kashiharashi, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 23:911-4. 2007We presented a case of splenic hamartoma. A 12-year-old girl has had an abdominal pain since 9 years of age...
- Lingual striated muscle hamartoma or herniation?J C Steele
Department of Oral Medicine, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and School Dentistry, Liverpool, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 33:454-5. 2004..Hamartomatous growth of striated muscle, or herniation through underdeveloped lamina propria is postulated to explain the exceedingly rare clinicopathological features...
- Cystic lymphangiomatous hamartoma masquerading as massive ascitesAnkit Parakh
Department of Pediatric, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 76:753-4. 2009..Histopathologic examination diagnosed the tumor as a cystic lymphangiomatous hemartoma. Although abdominal lymphangiomas are seen in children, but presenting as massive ascites with hydrocele is very rare...
- A rare case of recurrent myoid hamartoma mimicking malignancy: imaging appearancesMyung Su Ko
Department of Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:683-6. 2010Myoid hamartoma is an uncommon type of breast hamartoma and its recurrence is very rare. We report the imaging appearance of an unusual case of recurrent myoid hamartoma of the breast mimicking malignancy in a 43-year-old woman...
- A hamartoma located in the tracheaErdogan Cetinkaya
Department of Chest Diseases, Yedikule Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery Education and Research Hospital, Zeytinburnu, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 17:504-6. 2011b>Hamartoma is rarely found to be localized in the trachea. In the literature, only about ten cases have been reported...
- Glomeruloid microvascular proliferation in angiomyomatous hamartoma of the lymph nodeJean Louis Dargent
Virchows Arch 445:320-2. 2004
- Visual improvement after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling for vitreoretinal traction associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumJohn O Mason
Retina 22:824-5; author reply 825-6. 2002
- Cutaneous neurocristic hamartoma with blue naevus-like features and plexiform dermal hyperneuryE Karamitopoulou-Diamantis
Histopathology 49:326-8. 2006
- Mesenchymal hamartoma: prenatal diagnosis by MRILeysia Chu
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 41:781-4. 2011..An awareness of the characteristic imaging findings will allow accurate diagnosis of this condition, even prenatally, and thus facilitate appropriate perinatal management and surgical planning...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of the Hamartoma SyndromesDavid J Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The hamartoma syndromes include tuberous sclerosis (TSC), due to mutations in TSC1 orTSC2;Cowden syndrome and Bannayan-Riley-Ruvalcaba syndrome, due to mutations in PTEN;and Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, ..
- Identifying Disease-Associated Mutations That Alter RNA StructureM Joan Curcio; Fiscal Year: 2010..region of the PTEN gene, which cause a rare genetic disorder called Cowden's Syndrome (which results in Hamartoma and Cancer) (Teresi et al., 2007)...
- PTEN IN ONTOGENESIS AND TUMOR SUPPRESSIONPier Paolo Pandolfi; Fiscal Year: 2013..a dual protein lipid phosphatase frequently inactivated in a variety of tumor predisposition syndromes, the PTEN hamartoma tumor syndrome (PHTS), and in sporadic cancer...
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, I wish to explore other mechanisms of hamartoma formation...
- Mechanisms of Seizure Genesis in Human Hypothalamic HamartomasJONG RHO; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is a rare congenital human brain malformation associated with gelastic (or laughing) seizures that are difficult to diagnosis early in life and are notoriously ..
- BREAST CANCER IN COWDENS SYNDROMEMONICA PEACOCKE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Clues to the pathogenesis of internal malignancy can be found in dermatological diseases. CS, or multiple hamartoma syndrome, is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by skin lesions, thyroid lesions, and severe ..
- Tuberous Sclerosis: Mutations and Murine ModelsDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Last, the in vivo interaction in the mouse between Tsc2 null alleles and null alleles for p53, p27KIP, p21CIP, Msh2, and gelsolin will be explored. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF TSC 1: MECHANISMS AND THERAPIESDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- GENOTYPING CENTER FOR INNATE IMMUNITY PGADavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Preclinical Studies of Rapamycin for TSC Brain DiseaseDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006Tuberous sclerosis (TSC) is an autosomal dominant hamartoma syndrome due to mutations in either TSC1 or TSC2...
- GELSOLIN: ROLES IN APOPTOSIS AND TUMOR DEVELOPMENTDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results should provide major insight into the function of gelsolin in these processes and provide potential therapeutic strategies to modulate apoptosis and malignant potential. ..
- Novel in vitro and xenograft models to study treatments for tuberous sclerosisThomas Darling; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumorigenesis in Tuberous SclerosisThomas Darling; Fiscal Year: 2007..The elucidation of growth factors involved in these processes will provide molecular targets for the design of new therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GABAergic excitation in human hypothalamic hamartomaJie Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is a rare developmental malformation often characterized by gelastic seizures, which are refractory to ..
- MN REGIONAL SLEEP DISORDERS CENTER SLEEP ACADEMIC AWARDGerald Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF COLORECTAL CANCERStephen Gruber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITY IN AN ANIMAL MODELRaymond Yeung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Appreciation of these 'modifier' genes will impart new knowledge about the interplay between genes and environment during the development of complex diseases such as cancer. ..
- Classification of ambiguous melanocytic tumorsBoris Bastian; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, this project will provide a detailed view of the aberrations found in melanocytic tumors, their prevalence and prognostic relevance. ..
- In Vivo Studies of TSC-Related TumorigenesisRaymond Yeung; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to exploit the mechanisms of these pathways in the development of clinical therapy for TSC-related disorders. ..
- DERIVATIZED HYALURONAN FOR WOUND HEALINGRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally it will be determined whether hyaluronan constructs that are optimal in vitro for cell migration are also optimal in vivo for cutaneous wound healing. ..
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PARTIAL EPILEPSYMark Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, these studies will provide insight into the chronoblological factors that facilitate partial seizure expression and may provide new perspectives into treatments for poorly controlled partial epilepsy. ..
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVera P Krymskaya; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Design and Analysis of Multi-Staged Association Studies Using Pooled Genomic DNADavid Craig; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fibronectin peptides for treatment of burnsRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..