Genomes and Genes
experimental liver neoplasms
Summary: Experimentally induced tumors of the LIVER.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Enhanced expression of a new class of liver-enriched b-Zip transcription factors, hepatocarcinogenesis-related transcription factor, in hepatocellular carcinomas of rats and humansT Kishimoto
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University, Japan
Cell Growth Differ 9:337-44. 1998..Injection of anti-HTF antibody decreased the growth rate of cultured HCC cells. Consequently, HTF is thought to participate in hepatocyte growth as well as in hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Both early and late stages of hepatocarcinogenesis are enhanced in Cx32 dominant negative mutant transgenic rats with disrupted gap junctional intercellular communicationNaomi Hokaiwado
Department of Experimental Pathology and Tumor Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
J Membr Biol 218:101-6. 2007..Thus, normal function of Cx32 may be essential for suppression of both early and late stages of hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Advanced cancers: eradication in all cases using 3-bromopyruvate therapy to deplete ATPYoung H Ko
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:269-75. 2004..In all 19 treated animals advanced cancers were eradicated without apparent toxicity or recurrence. These findings attest to the feasibility of completely destroying advanced, highly glycolytic cancers...
- Novel therapy for liver cancer: direct intraarterial injection of a potent inhibitor of ATP productionJean Francois H Geschwind
Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
Cancer Res 62:3909-13. 2002....
- Glucose catabolism in the rabbit VX2 tumor model for liver cancer: characterization and targeting hexokinaseY H Ko
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205-2185, USA
Cancer Lett 173:83-91. 2001..Finally, when tested on hepatoma cells in culture both inhibitors facilitated cell death. These studies underscore the usefulness of the VX2 tumor model for the study of advanced liver cancer and for selecting anti-hepatoma agents...
- Spontaneous development of liver tumors in the absence of the bile acid receptor farnesoid X receptorFan Yang
Department of Gene Regulation and Drug Discovery, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Res 67:863-7. 2007..Our results suggest an intriguing link between metabolic regulation and hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Role of CYP2E1 in diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in vivoJin Seok Kang
Department of Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Res 67:11141-6. 2007..It is suggested that CYP2E1 completely participates in diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis, and high frequency of tumors in wild-type mice could be associated with the increased apoptosis...
- IKKbeta couples hepatocyte death to cytokine-driven compensatory proliferation that promotes chemical hepatocarcinogenesisShin Maeda
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive MC 0723, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cell 121:977-90. 2005..IKKbeta, therefore, orchestrates inflammatory crosstalk between hepatocytes and hematopoietic-derived cells that promotes chemical hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Distinct pathways of genomic progression to benign and malignant tumors of the liverAaron D Tward
G W Hooper Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14771-6. 2007....
- Gender disparity in liver cancer due to sex differences in MyD88-dependent IL-6 productionWillscott E Naugler
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, CA 93093, USA
Science 317:121-4. 2007..We propose that estrogen-mediated inhibition of IL-6 production by KCs reduces liver cancer risk in females, and these findings may be used to prevent HCC in males...
- Foxm1b transcription factor is essential for development of hepatocellular carcinomas and is negatively regulated by the p19ARF tumor suppressorVladimir V Kalinichenko
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 18:830-50. 2004..Our studies demonstrate that the Foxm1b transcription factor is required for proliferative expansion during tumor progression and constitutes a potential new target for therapy of human HCC tumors...
- Progression of chronic hepatitis and preneoplasia in Helicobacter hepaticus-infected A/JCr miceArlin B Rogers
Comparative Pathology Laboratory 16 849, Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Toxicol Pathol 32:668-77. 2004..Continued study of chronic hepatitis progression may reveal therapeutic targets to reduce the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Demonstration of direct lineage between hepatocytes and hepatocellular carcinoma in diethylnitrosamine-treated ratsMarie Pierre Bralet
Departement de Pathologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, Créteil and Laboratoire de Thérapie Génique, INSERM ERM 01 05, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, Nantes, France
Hepatology 36:623-30. 2002..This figure precisely matched the proportion of labeled hepatocytes before DEN treatment (18.3%). In conclusion, a random clonal origin of HCC from mature hepatocytes is seen in the DEN model of hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Promotion by Helicobacter hepaticus-induced hepatitis of hepatic tumors initiated by N-nitrosodimethylamine in male A/JCr miceB A Diwan
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702 1201, USA
Toxicol Pathol 25:597-605. 1997..Thus, chronic H. hepaticus infection significantly stimulated cyclin D expression, accelerated the development of liver tumors, increased the multiplicity of such lesions, and enhanced the progression of benign to malignant tumors...
- Different responses other than the formation of DNA-adducts between the livers of carcinogen-resistant rats (DRH) and carcinogen-sensitive rats (Donryu) to 3'-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene administrationY Yan
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Fukuoka
Jpn J Cancer Res 89:806-13. 1998..These results indicate that the different susceptibility to hepatocarcinogenesis between these two strains of rats may arise from events other than the DNA adduct formation...
- Steatosis and liver cancer in transgenic mice expressing the structural and nonstructural proteins of hepatitis C virusHerve Lerat
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1019, USA
Gastroenterology 122:352-65. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine whether expression of hepatitis C virus proteins alters hepatic morphology or function in the absence of inflammation...
- Transgenic mouse model for synergistic effects of nuclear oncogenes and growth factors in tumorigenesis: interaction of c-myc and transforming growth factor alpha in hepatic oncogenesisH Murakami
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Cancer Res 53:1719-23. 1993....
- Molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinogenesis in transgenic mouse models of liver cancerDiego F Calvisi
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Toxicol Pathol 33:181-4. 2005....
- Telomerase-dependent oncolytic adenovirus for cancer treatmentT G Huang
Carl C Icahn Center for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Gene Ther 10:1241-7. 2003..The results indicate that the TERT promoter-driven CRAD is capable of tumor-selective replication and oncolysis in vitro and in vivo, and can be utilized as an adjuvant treatment agent for cancer...
- OncoDB.HCC: an integrated oncogenomic database of hepatocellular carcinoma revealed aberrant cancer target genes and lociWen Hui Su
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, National Defense University, Taipei 114, Taiwan
Nucleic Acids Res 35:D727-31. 2007..HCC graphically presents comprehensive HCC data integration, reveals important HCC genes and loci for positional cloning and functional studies, and discloses potential molecular targets for improving HCC diagnosis and therapy...
- Experimental models of hepatocellular carcinomaPhilippa Newell
Division of Liver Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Hepatol 48:858-79. 2008..These models will be instrumental in the evaluation of compounds targeting specific molecular pathways in future preclinical studies...
- Experimental mouse models for hepatocellular carcinoma researchFemke Heindryckx
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Ghent University Hospital, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Int J Exp Pathol 90:367-86. 2009..Transgenic mice expressing viral genes, oncogenes and/or growth factors allow the identification of pathways involved in hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Analyses of oxidative DNA damage and its repair activity in the livers of 3'-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene-treated rodentsT Hirano
Department of 1 Environmental Oncology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:681-5. 2000..6-fold and 1.6-fold, respectively. These experiments suggest that 3'-MeDAB increases 8-OH-Gua generation in rodent liver DNA and the 8-OH-Gua repair assay is a reliable marker of cellular oxidative stress induced by carcinogens...
- Antitumor effects of a novel lipophilic platinum complex (SM-11355) against a slowly-growing rat hepatic tumor after intra-hepatic arterial administrationS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:344-8. 2000..2 mg for SM-11355/Lipiodol and 0.1 mg for CDDP/Lipiodol, respectively. The results demonstrated that SM-11355/Lipiodol exerted antitumor activity at a dose that showed no hepatic toxicity in the rat model, but CDDP/Lipiodol did not...
- Evidence for the stem cell origin of hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinomaS Sell
University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Houston 77225
Am J Pathol 134:1347-63. 1989..It is possible, however, that there may be more than one cellular lineage to hepatocellular cancer and that persistent nodules contain these different lineages...
- Disruption of the pRb/E2F pathway and inhibition of apoptosis are major oncogenic events in liver constitutively expressing c-myc and transforming growth factor alphaE Santoni-Rugiu
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Cancer Res 58:123-34. 1998..The data suggest that coexpression of c-myc and TGF-alpha leads to a selective growth advantage for hepatic (pre)neoplastic cells by disrupting the pRb/E2F pathway and by TGF-alpha-mediated reduction of apoptosis...
- Telomerase deletion limits progression of p53-mutant hepatocellular carcinoma with short telomeres in chronic liver diseaseAndre Lechel
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Medical School Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 132:1465-75. 2007..The function of telomerase during in vivo hepatocarcinogenesis has not been studied in this genetic context...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization with paclitaxel-lipiodol solution in rabbit VX2 liver tumorChang Jin Yoon
Department of Radiology and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Clinical Research Institute, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 229:126-31. 2003....
- Synergistic effect of a granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-transduced tumor vaccine and systemic interleukin-2 in the treatment of murine colorectal cancer hepatic metastasesAjay Jain
Department of Surgery, Division of Immunology and Hematapoiesis, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:810-20. 2003..Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-transduced tumor cell vaccines are less effective against cancer as the interval between metastasis and the initial vaccination increases...
- Lack of direct mitogenic activity of dichloroacetate and trichloroacetate in cultured rat hepatocytesJennie L Walgren
Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Avenue, P O Box 250505, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Toxicology 211:220-30. 2005..Nevertheless, the synergistic enhancement of epidermal growth factor-induced hepatocyte replication by DCA is of particular interest and warrants further study...
- Multiple adaptive mechanisms to chronic liver disease revealed at early stages of liver carcinogenesis in the Mdr2-knockout miceMark Katzenellenbogen
Goldyne Savad Institute of Gene Therapy, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Cancer Res 66:4001-10. 2006....
- Hepatitis C virus acts as a tumor accelerator by blocking apoptosis in a mouse model of hepatocarcinogenesisYoshitaka Kamegaya
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hepatology 41:660-7. 2005..The accelerated tumor phenotype is attributable to suppression of apoptosis rather than enhanced proliferation. These data implicate HCV E1 and/or E2 in conjunction with core as antiapoptotic, tumor accelerator proteins...
- The orphan nuclear receptor constitutive active/androstane receptor is essential for liver tumor promotion by phenobarbital in miceYukio Yamamoto
Laboratories of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology and Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research TrianglePark, NC, USA
Cancer Res 64:7197-200. 2004..The results indicate that CAR is the molecular target of promotion by PB and that activation of this receptor is an essential requirement for liver tumor development...
- Loss of hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met signaling pathway accelerates early stages of N-nitrosodiethylamine induced hepatocarcinogenesisTaro Takami
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4262, USA
Cancer Res 67:9844-51. 2007..These results argue that intact HGF/c-Met signaling is essential for maintaining normal redox homeostasis in the liver and has tumor suppressor effect(s) during the early stages of N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Identification and validation of oncogenes in liver cancer using an integrative oncogenomic approachLars Zender
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Cell 125:1253-67. 2006..Our results establish a tractable model of liver cancer, identify two oncogenes that cooperate by virtue of their coamplification in the same genomic locus, and suggest an efficient strategy for the annotation of human cancer genes...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma caused by iron overload: a possible mechanism of direct hepatocarcinogenicityGeorge A Asare
MRC University Molecular Hepatology Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road, Parktown 2193, Johannesburg, South Africa
Toxicology 219:41-52. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine if generation of reactive oxygen species and the resulting oxidative damage induced by free hepatic iron is directly hepatocarcinogenic...
- Critical role for transcription coactivator peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-binding protein/TRAP220 in liver regeneration and PPARalpha ligand-induced liver tumor developmentKojiro Matsumoto
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17053-60. 2007..These studies provide direct evidence in support of a critical role of PBP/TRAP220 in liver regeneration, induction of hepatotoxicity, and hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Activation of the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin pathway confers growth advantages in c-Myc/E2F1 transgenic mouse model of liver cancerDiego F Calvisi
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 37, Room 4146A, 37 Convent Drive MSC 4262, Bethesda, MD 20892 4262, USA
J Hepatol 42:842-9. 2005..Here, we investigated the mechanisms responsible for nuclear translocation of wild-type beta-catenin and addressed the potential contribution of the Wnt pathway in c-Myc/E2F1 hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Intraarterial therapy with a new potent inhibitor of tumor metabolism (3-bromopyruvate): identification of therapeutic dose and method of injection in an animal model of liver cancerMustafa Vali
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:95-101. 2007..The authors performed a stepwise study in rabbits to determine the therapeutic dose and method of delivery of 3-BrPA...
- Mouse models to study the interaction of risk factors for human liver cancerStewart Sell
Ordway Research Institute and Wadsworth Center, Rpoom C 400, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201, USA
Cancer Res 63:7553-62. 2003..Future studies will explore the effects of modifying factors on the development of HCC...
- Combination of interferon-beta and the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor, perindopril, attenuates murine hepatocellular carcinoma development and angiogenesisRyuichi Noguchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:6038-45. 2003....
- Activation of a member of the steroid hormone receptor superfamily by peroxisome proliferatorsI Issemann
Imperial Chemical Industries PLC, Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, UK
Nature 347:645-50. 1990..Identification of a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor should help elucidate the mechanism of the hypolipidaemic effect of these hepatocarcinogens and aid evaluation of their potential carcinogenic risk to man...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha is restricted to hepatic parenchymal cells, not Kupffer cells: implications for the mechanism of action of peroxisome proliferators in hepatocarcinogenesisJ M Peters
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:823-6. 2000..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that parenchymal cells respond to Kupffer cell-derived TNFalpha via mechanisms dependent on PPARalpha within the parenchymal cells...
- Hepatic intra-arterial injection of 3-bromopyruvate in rabbit VX2 tumorS W Shin
Department of Radiology, Kangwon National University College of Medicine, Kangwon Do, Korea
Acta Radiol 47:1036-41. 2006..To evaluate the antitumoral effects of an intra-arterial injection of 3-bromopyruvate (3-BrPA) on liver VX2 tumor in rabbits...
- Dual functions of E2F-1 in a transgenic mouse model of liver carcinogenesisE A Conner
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 19:5054-62. 2000..In conclusion, E2F-1 overexpression in the liver causes dysplasia and tumors and suggests a cooperation between E2F-1 and c-myc oncogenes during liver oncogenesis...
- Cytotoxicity of cis-[((1R,2R)-1,2-cyclohexanediamine-N,N')bis(myristato)]-platinum (II) suspended in Lipiodol in a newly established cisplatin-resistant rat hepatoma cell lineS Kishimoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Arise Igawadani cho, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2180, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:1326-32. 2000..These results suggest that acquired CDDP resistance in H4-II-E / CDDP does not influence the cytotoxic activity of SM-11355 / Lipiodol...
- Hepatotoxin-induced changes in the adult murine liver promote MYC-induced tumorigenesisShelly Beer
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2493. 2008....
- Hepatocellular DNA synthesis in rats given peroxisome proliferating agents: comparison of WY-14,643 to clofibric acid, nafenopin and LY171883P I Eacho
Toxicology Division, Eli Lilly Company, Greenfield, IN 46140
Carcinogenesis 12:1557-61. 1991..Although sustained replication in the general population of hepatocytes may be involved in the carcinogenesis of WY-14,643, it does not appear to be a factor in the hepatocarcinogenesis of the other peroxisome proliferators...
- Different mechanisms of DEHP-induced hepatocellular adenoma tumorigenesis in wild-type and Ppar alpha-null miceKayoko Takashima
Department of Preventive Medicine, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Occup Health 50:169-80. 2008..In contrast, the expression level of Met was notably increased in the liver adenoma tissue of wild-type mice, which may suggest the involvement of Met in DEHP-induced tumorigenesis in wild-type mice...
- The effects of dietary iron overload on fumonisin B1-induced cancer promotion in the rat liverE R Lemmer
MRC UCT Liver Research Centre, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Cancer Lett 146:207-15. 1999....
- Mouse liver tumorigenesis: models, mechanisms, and relevance to human diseaseN Fausto
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195 7470, USA
Semin Liver Dis 19:243-52. 1999..This knowledge should be directly applicable to studies of human liver tumorigenesis...
- Evaluation of liver cell proliferation during ciprofibrate-induced hepatocarcinogenesisA V Yeldandi
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611
Cancer Lett 47:21-7. 1989..1984) Cancer Res., 44, 1072-1076). The results of this study further suggest that cell proliferation induced by peroxisome proliferators may be less important in carcinogenesis than peroxisome proliferation induced by these compounds...
- Comparison of the hepatic effects of nafenopin and WY-14,643 on peroxisome proliferation and cell replication in the rat and Syrian hamsterB G Lake
BIBRA Toxicology International, Carshalton, Surrey, UK
Environ Health Perspect 101:241-7. 1993....
- Rapid development of hepatic tumors in transforming growth factor alpha transgenic mice associated with increased cell proliferation in precancerous hepatocellular lesions initiated by N-nitrosodiethylamine and promoted by phenobarbitalS Tamano
Veterinary and Tumor Pathology Section, Office of Laboratory Animal Science, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201
Carcinogenesis 15:1791-8. 1994....
- Promotion of hepatocarcinogenesis by phenobarbital in c-myc/TGF-alpha transgenic miceS Sanders
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Mol Carcinog 28:168-73. 2000..However, these pathways appear to converge downstream, having common effectors in the form of bcl-2 family proteins. Mol. Carcinog. 28:168-173, 2000...
- Antitumoral efficacy and pharmacokinetic properties of pirarubicin upon hepatic intra-arterial injection in the rabbit V x 2 tumour modelM Okada
Research Laboratories, Nippon Kayaku Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 71:518-24. 1995..injection of EPL. Our findings indicate that THP is the better candidate of the two drugs tested for the h.i.a. chemotherapy because of its greater anti-tumour activity and the lower systemic drug exposure achieved upon h.i.a. injection...
- Glucose catabolism in cancer cells. Isolation, sequence, and activity of the promoter for type II hexokinaseS P Mathupala
Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 270:16918-25. 1995....
- Acceleration of c-myc-induced hepatocarcinogenesis by Co-expression of transforming growth factor (TGF)-alpha in transgenic mice is associated with TGF-beta1 signaling disruptionE Santoni-Rugiu
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 154:1693-700. 1999....
- Targeting of VX2 rabbit liver tumor by selective delivery of 3-bromopyruvate: a biodistribution and survival studyMustafa Vali
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:32-7. 2008..The local control of the liver tumor by 3-BrPA resulted in a significant survival benefit...
- Photodynamic therapy using intravenous delta-aminolaevulinic acid-induced protoporphyrin IX sensitisation in experimental hepatic tumours in ratsK Svanberg
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Br J Cancer 74:1526-33. 1996..The tumour growth rate showed a marked decrease when evaluated 3 and 6 days after the treatment. These results show that the ALA-PDT is effective in the inhibition of growth of experimental hepatic tumours...
- Apoptosis induced by clofibrate in Yoshida AH-130 hepatoma cells: role of HMG-CoA reductaseRosa A Canuto
Dipartimento di Medicina ed Oncologia Sperimentale, Universita di Torino, Corso Raffaello 30, 10125 Torino, Italy
J Lipid Res 44:56-64. 2003..In conclusion, inhibition of HMGR and decreased cholesterol content are crucial events in clofibrate-induced apoptosis in AH-130 hepatoma cells...
- FDG-PET for evaluating the antitumor effect of intraarterial 3-bromopyruvate administration in a rabbit VX2 liver tumor modelHee Sun Park
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University Medical Research Center and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:216-24. 2007..We wanted to investigate the feasibility of using FDG-PET for evaluating the antitumor effect of intraarterial administration of a hexokinase II inhibitor, 3-bromopyruvate (3-BrPA), in a rabbit VX2 liver tumor model...
- Inhibition of hepatocarcinogenesis by the deletion of the p50 subunit of NF-kappaB in mice administered the peroxisome proliferator Wy-14,643Howard P Glauert
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Toxicol Sci 90:331-6. 2006....
- Iron-free neoplastic nodules and hepatocellular carcinoma without cirrhosis in Wistar rats fed a diet high in ironGeorge A Asare
MRC University Molecular Hepatology Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand and Johannesburg Academic and Baragwanath Hospitals, South Africa
J Pathol 208:82-90. 2006....
- On the promoting action of tamoxifen in a model of hepatocarcinogenesis induced by p-dimethylaminoazobenzene in CF1 miceF Caballero
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Porfirinas y Porfirias (CIPYP) (CONICET-FCEN, UBA, Ciudad Universitaria, , 2do piso, 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 33:681-90. 2001..This study reports that long-term treatment with TMX enhances hepatocarcinogenesis induced by DAB. The widespread use of TMX as an anticancer agent adds to the significance of this study...
- Gene therapy by intrahepatic and intratumoral trafficking of p53-VP22 induces regression of liver tumorsLars Zender
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Gastroenterology 123:608-18. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of p53/VP22 fusion protein in gene therapy of liver tumors...
- Percutaneous ablation of VX2 carcinoma-induced liver tumors with use of ethanol versus acetic acid: pilot study in a rabbit modelSamir S Shah
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1 Silverstein, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:63-7. 2004..Early tissue changes were compared after injection of acetic acid and ethanol in a rabbit model of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Effect of in vivo loss of GDF-15 on hepatocellular carcinogenesisTeresa A Zimmers
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:753-9. 2008..The current study sought to determine the effect of GDF-15 ablation on the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in vivo...
- Promotion of hepatocarcinogenesis in humans and animal modelsChristoph Kohle
Department of Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Arch Toxicol 82:623-31. 2008..Further studies on the different modes of action may help to avoid overestimation of the risk of liver tumor promotion...
- Heterozygous p53-deficient (+/-) mice develop fewer p53-negative preneoplastic focal liver lesions in response to treatment with diethylnitrosamine than do wild-type (+/+) miceNiklas Finnberg
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Lett 207:149-55. 2004..Furthermore, our findings suggest that the presence of only one functional p53 allele in p53+/- mice is sufficient to counteract the growth advantage that such an attenuated p53 response appears to confer...
- Interstitial photodynamic therapy with the second-generation photosensitizer bacteriochlorin a in a rat model for liver metastasesJ P Rovers
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 77:2098-103. 1998..In view of the obtained lesion diameters of approximately 13 mm after BCA-PDT and the rapid clearance rate of BCA, the concept of a near-infrared absorbing photosensitizer for PDT of liver tumours is a potential interesting strategy...
- Hepatic tumor detection: MR imaging and conventional US versus pulse-inversion harmonic US of NC100100 during its reticuloendothelial system-specific phaseFlemming Forsberg
Department of Radiology, Division of Ultrasound, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Suite 763J, Main Bldg, 132 S 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Radiology 222:824-9. 2002..To compare conventional ultrasonography (US) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging with contrast agent-enhanced US for detection of VX-2 liver tumors in rabbits...
- Hormonal and chemical influences on the expression of class 2 aldehyde dehydrogenases in rat H4IIEC3 and human HuH7 hepatoma cellsD W Crabb
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5121, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 19:1414-9. 1995..These data suggest that low Km ALDH2 can be regulated by hormones and may not be constitutive as previously thought, and that the HuH7 ALDH is regulated differently...
- CCAAT enhancer-binding protein alpha suppresses the rat placental glutathione S-transferase gene in normal liverHiromi Ikeda
Departments of Biochemistry and Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15, W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:6734-41. 2006..These results indicate that C/EBPalpha is a negative regulator of GST-P gene expression in normal liver...
- Phytotherapeutic compound YHK exerts an inhibitory effect on early stage of experimentally-induced neoplastic liver lesionsF Marotta
Hepato Gastroenterology Unit, S Giuseppe Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ann Hepatol 5:268-72. 2006..It is concluded that herbal compound YHK by preventing hepatocarcinogenesis in DEN-induced liver preneoplastic lesions in rats has the potential to a large clinical application as a functional food...
- Decreased aquaporin expression leads to increased resistance to apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinomaElizabeth M Jablonski
Department of Biology, UNC at Charlotte, 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC, USA
Cancer Lett 250:36-46. 2007..In contrast, hepatocytes rapidly responded to osmotic challenge through AQP-dependent water movement and underwent cell death following apoptotic stimulation...
- Antiproliferative effects of 5-fluorouracil and interferon-alpha in combination on a hepatocellular carcinoma cell line in vitro and in vivoSakiko Kojiro
Department of Pathology, Kurume University School of Medicine and Research Center of Innovative Cancer Therapy of the 21st Century COE Program for Medical Science, Kurume University, Kurume, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:129-37. 2006..We investigated the antiproliferative effects of interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) and 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in combination on a hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell line...
- N-all-trans-retinoyl-L-proline inhibits metastatic potential of hepatocellular carcinoma cellsXing Zhong Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Cell Biol Int 30:672-80. 2006..We conclude that ATRP is an alternative inhibitor and potential therapeutic agent for HCC metastasis with a different mechanism of action from ATRP...
- Pronounced inhibitory effect of chlorcyclizine (CCZ) in experimental hepatocarcinomaSujata G Dastidar
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta 700 032, India
In Vivo 20:97-102. 2006..A decrease in the number of nodules was observed in the CCZ-treated group...
- Influence of sodium selenite on glycoprotein contents in normal and N-nitrosodiethylamine initiated and phenobarbital promoted rat liver tumorsC Thirunavukkarasu
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani Campus, 600113, Chennai, India
Pharmacol Res 48:167-73. 2003..Our results emphasize the role of sodium selenite in cancer and strongly indicate its role as an essential micronutrient in cancer chemoprevention and therapy...
- Ischemia-reperfusion of small liver remnant promotes liver tumor growth and metastases--activation of cell invasion and migration pathwaysKwan Man
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Liver Transpl 13:1669-77. 2007..In conclusion, hepatic I/R injury of a small liver remnant exacerbated liver tumor growth and metastasis by marked activation of cell adhesion, invasion, and angiogenesis pathways...
- Anti-tumor effect of pegylated interferon in the rat hepatocarcinogenesis modelAkira Miki
Division of Molecular Medicine and Medical Genetics, International Center of Medical Research and Treatment, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kusunoki cho, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Int J Oncol 32:603-8. 2008..The inhibitory effect of the PEG-IFN and IFN on hepatocarcinogenesis was almost the same, and this might be induced by the Fas-related apoptosis in the surrounding tissues...
- Attenuation of N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced hepatocellular carcinogenesis by a novel flavonol-MorinVenkatabalasubramanian Sivaramakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamilnadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 171:79-88. 2008..In conclusion, these findings indicate that morin prevents lipid peroxidation, hepatic cell damage and protects the antioxidant system in N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced hepatocellular carcinogenesis...
- [Study of antitumous effect of the complex prescription of Chinese crude drug in athymic mice with HCC]Bao Guo Sun
First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:1417-21. 2007..To research the treatment effect of a complex prescription of Chinese crude drug in BALB/c athymic mice...
- Deregulated expression of a novel component of TFTC/STAGA histone acetyltransferase complexes, rat SGF29, in hepatocellular carcinoma: possible implication for the oncogenic potential of c-MycN Kurabe
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Faculty of Industrial Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, Noda shi, Chiba, Japan
Oncogene 26:5626-34. 2007..These results show that rSGF29 is a novel component of TFTC/STAGA complexes and could be involved in the c-Myc-mediated malignant transformation...
- Possible involvement of oxidative stress in fenofibrate-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsJihei Nishimura
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu shi, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Toxicol 82:641-54. 2008..These results suggest that oxidative stress is involved in the development of FF-induced hepatocellular preneoplastic foci in rats...
- Antiangiogenic therapy enhances the efficacy of transcatheter arterial embolization for hepatocellular carcinomasHongchi Jiang
The Hepatosplenic Surgery Center, Department of General Surgery, The First Clinical Medical School of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Int J Cancer 121:416-24. 2007..In conclusion, these encouraging results warrant future investigation of the use of antiangiogenic therapy for enhancing the therapeutic efficacy of TAE to treat unresectable liver cancers...
- Promoting potential of a Jamaica quassia extract in a rat medium-term hepatocarcinogenesis bioassayGye Hyeong Woo
Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Food Chem Toxicol 45:1160-4. 2007..The results thus indicate that JQE at high dose has promoting potential for rat hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Novel bile acid derivatives (BANBs) with cytostatic activity obtained by conjugation of their side chain with nitrogenated basesMarta Vallejo
Laboratory of Experimental Hepatology and Drug Targeting HEVEFARM, CIBER HEPAD, University of Salamanca, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Biochem Pharmacol 73:1394-404. 2007..In conclusion, our results support the hypothesis that cytostatic bile acid derivatives such as BANB-6 may offer a useful pharmacological strategy for the treatment of tumors of the enterohepatic circuit...
- Coupling of lactose molecules to the carrier protein hinders the spleen and bone marrow uptake of doxorubicin conjugated with human albuminGiuseppina Di Stefano
Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Via San Giacomo, 14 40126 Bologna, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 30:136-42. 2007..L-HSA-DOXO, by avoiding DOXO accumulation in bone marrow is an attractive candidate for clinical trials against tumors which were found to actively internalize this conjugate in laboratory animals, such as hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Gene expression analysis on the dicyclanil-induced hepatocellular tumors in miceMitsuyoshi Moto
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Fuchu, 183 8509 Tokyo, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 34:744-51. 2006..These results suggest the possibility that the inhibition of apoptosis and a failure in the ability to repair oxidative DNA damage occur in the hepatocellular DC-induced tumors in mice...
- Oridonin-loaded poly(epsilon-caprolactone)-poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) copolymer nanoparticles: preparation, characterization, and antitumor activity on mice with transplanted hepatomaNianping Feng
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, P R China
J Drug Target 16:479-85. 2008..Thus, ORI-PCL-PEO-PCL-NPs may be used as a promising delivery system for liver cancer treatment...
- Consistent liver metastases in a rat model by portal injection of microencapsulated cancer cellsTsuyoshi Enomoto
Department of Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 66:11131-9. 2006....
- Molecular cytogenetic characteristics of the human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HCCLM3 with high metastatic potential: comparative genomic hybridization and multiplex fluorescence in situ hybridizationJiong Yang
Liver Cancer Institute and Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 136 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 158:180-3. 2005..The analysis of this cell line through a combination of molecular cytogenetic techniques provides information on the possible molecular mechanisms involved in the metastatic process of HCC...
- [Calcium-binding protein S100A2 in the retardation of growth and proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells]X Wang
Cancer Center, Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 23:363-5. 2001..CONCLUSION: The exogenous S100A2 is able to check the QGY7701 cell cycle, stop the cell growth and proliferation either in vitro or in vivo in the QGY7701 cells...
- Selective accumulation of ALA-induced PpIX and photodynamic effect in chemically induced hepatocellular carcinomaM Otake
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama 1 20 1, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Br J Cancer 89:730-6. 2003..Antitumour effect was more evident in HCC than in the nontumoral tissue surrounding HCC. These findings suggest the possibility to detect HCC by fluorescence and to treat HCC by light...
- [Treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma by transfecting interleukin-12 and interleukin-2 fusion gene intrasplenically, an experimental study]Jia He Yang
Eastern Hepatobilliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University Shanghai 200438, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:740-3. 2003..To study the inhibitory effect of retroviral packaging cells injected intrasplenically encoding mouse interleukin-12 (mIL-12) and human interleukin-2 (hIL-2) fusion gene on the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Forced expression of antisense 14-3-3beta RNA suppresses tumor cell growth in vitro and in vivoAkinori Sugiyama
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Faculty of Industrial Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science, Yamazaki 2641, Noda shi, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Carcinogenesis 24:1549-59. 2003..In addition, over-expression of 14-3-3beta mRNA was observed in various murine tumor cell lines. These results suggest that 14-3-3beta gene plays a pivotal role in abnormal growth of tumor cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Mechanism of interferon alpha on inhibition of metastasis and angiogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma after curative resection in nude miceLu Wang
Liver Cancer Institute and Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, Peoples Republic of China
J Gastrointest Surg 7:587-94. 2003..IFN-alpha inhibits metastasis and recurrence of human HCC after curative resection in nude mice mediated by antiangiogenesis through downregulating expression of vascular endothelial growth factor but not basic fibroblast growth factor...
- A clonal growth model: time-course simulations of liver foci growth following penta- or hexachlorobenzene treatment in a medium-term bioassayY C Ou
Center for Environmental Toxicology and Technology, Department of Environmental Health, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Cancer Res 61:1879-89. 2001..This simulation work is an example of quantitative approaches that could be useful for the analysis of other initiation-promotion studies...
- A medium-term rat liver bioassay for rapid in vivo detection of carcinogenic potential of chemicalsNobuyuki Ito
Nagoya City University, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601
Cancer Sci 94:3-8. 2003....
- Polyamine Suppression By Antizyme inducing AnalogsJohn Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide an essential foundation for further exploration of the chemical induction of antizyme as a means of chemoprevention in animals. ..
- Colon and liver anticarcinogenicity by acetaminophenGary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, these experiments will provide support for the epidemiological observations of reduced cancer risk associated with the use of APAP. ..
- Prevention of Cigarette Smoke-Induced Lung Cancer by Dietary SeleniumHOWARD GLAUERT; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STEM CELLS AND HEPATOCARCINOGENESISStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the cellular origin of cancer is critical for understanding how cancer evolves and for developing prevention strategies. ..
- Dietary Antioxidants, NF-KappaBeta, and CarcinogenesisHOWARD GLAUERT; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will provide a mechanistic basis for possible dietary recommendations to prevent cancer. ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF BLOOD STEM CELLS INTO LIVER CELLSStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this project is successful, it would overcome a major hurdle in the possible use of hepatic stem cells for treatment of liver failure or ex vivo gene therapy. ..
- AFB1 AND P53 CARCINOGENESIS IN HBSAG TRANSGENIC MICEStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should lead to an understanding of how each of these risk factors affect hepatocyte proliferation and how these effects contribute to AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMANelson Fausto; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments will increase our understanding of the mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinogenesis, and test therapeutic strategies that might be applied to human tumors. ..
- STEM CELLS AND AGINGStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments should provide critical proof for one of the most important hypothetical properties of adult stem cells. ..
- HEPTOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND AFLATOXIN METABOLISMStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the effect Of HBV associated injury and AFB I hepatocarcinogensis in these mice. In Specific Aim 3, the effect of HBV associated injury and AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis in these mice will be examined. ..
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparative genomics of species-specific tumor promotionRussell Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Gap Junction Assembly: Mechanisms and RegulationROSS JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, "pull-down" experiments will identify proteins associating with Cx43, in response to cAMP, and various biochemical techniques will be used to study wild type and mutant Cx43 in fibroblasts. ..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori pathogenesis and specifically evaluate the role of regulatory T cells in limiting H. pylori-induced gastric pathology. ..
- Oxidative Damage to DNA Repair PathwaysCameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 3 will investigate other aspects of DNA repair and DNA structural organization to determine their sensitivity to redox regulation. ..
- Effects of intracellular angiotensin IIJulia Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular-Specific Detection of Tumors: MRI InvestigationsRheal Towner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Translation Trial of Oncolytic rVSV-F Virotherapy for HCCSavio L Woo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A flexible somatic and sporadic mouse model for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBrian Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such an advance would benefit public health by reducing the mortality associated with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mutant mouse models of exocrine pancreatic cancerDAVID TUVESON; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information gained from this murine model should facilitate further understanding of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- Hepatic Arterial Flouridine and IV Bevacizumab for Primary Hepatic MalignancyWilliam Jarnagin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, several important clinical issues are addressed by the proposed correlative studies, the results of which would be of broad general interest in clinical oncology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol: Direct and Indirect Effects in Drug MetabolismTHOMAS BADGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Hyperglycemia, Aldose Reducatse & Murine AtherosclerosisIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is significant because it will provide for a model to study this complication and suggest a therapeutic target for prevention of diabetic macrovascular disease. ..
- Anaerobic Bacteria as Therapeutic Agents for Metastatic CancerSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR CORRELATED SUBSTANCE USE DATAHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- Promotion of PDT Induced phototoxicity by bile acidsDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the results of preliminary studies are borne out by further investigation, UDCA could offer a safe and effective means for promoting clinical PDT efficacy. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer Risk Assessment: Is There New Science to Apply?Richard Bull; Fiscal Year: 2002..A summary of the meeting will be prepared and this along with any conclusions and recommendations will be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal for publication. ..
- Conference on Photodynamic TherapyDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The most recent PDT meeting, sponsored by the International Photodynamic Assn, has more than 600 participants. ..
- Pulmonary and Immunologic Effects of Marijuana Use on HIV and Viral ImmunityMichael D Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will help define the interrelationships between MJ abuse and opportunistic infections and provide insight into the appropriate design/use of future HIV and HBV vaccine strategies. ..
- CYTOKINES AS PREDICTORS OF DISEASE PROGRESSION IN SCLERODERMA LUNG DISEASEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009..It will also allow us to develop biologic markers and predictors of disease progression and to determine which patients would benefit most from treatment with cytotoxic therapy. ..
- RECEPTOR MEDIATED OXIDATIVE STRESSHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will improve our understanding of how PHAHs such as TCDD generate oxidative stress and mutagenesis, leading to better models for risk assessment and novel strategies for intervention in PHAH-mediated toxicity. ..
- HUMAN FETAL LIVER GST--HYDROXYNONENAL CONJUGATIONEvan Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, this project has important implications in terms of the in utero effects of pro-oxidant drugs or chemicals to which pregnant women are exposed. ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- Training Program in Molecular and Cellular ToxicologyJohn Reiners; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is envisioned that students with such training will be better equipped to pursue postdoctoral research at major research laboratories throughout the United States. ..
- Role of the PPARb in epithelial cell proliferationJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN THE EPIDEMIOLOGY OF AGINGStanislav Kasl; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, Ph.D. candidates in biostatistics who will work with our biostatistics faculty on developing new techniques for the analysis of longitudinal data on older persons will also be eligible for support. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- FASEB Summer Research Conference 2008 - Melatonin Receptors: Actions and TherapeuDavid Blask; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PET Imaging of Hypoxia with EF5Cameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2009..In summary, the aims of this grant will extend and advance our overall laboratory interest in quantifying the degree and extent of clinically relevant hypoxia in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Glutathione in Environmental Toxicity and DiseaseHOWARD SHERTZER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed research should therefore help focus future genotype-phenotype association studies between the appropriate DNA variant sites in the GCLC and GCLM genes and disease. ..
- Suppression of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis in IDDMSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research proposed in this project can potentially lead to development of an effective and safe adjuvant treatment to complement insulin therapy and significantly improve glycemic control in patients with IDDM. ..
- Vector Core Production Facility at Mount SinaiSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Adjuvant immunotherapy for non-small cell lung cancerMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Reconstitution for PhenylketonuriaSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This translational study combining the use of radiological and basic science research tools is both necessary and fundamental to firmly lay the groundwork for clinical trials. ..
- Role of PPARbeta in colon carcinogenesisJeffrey Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PATHWAYS TO ALCOHOLISM THROUGH PSYCHOPATHOLOGYHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2001..They further state that identifying these pathways will ultimately assist in the development of an empirical basis for the primary prevention of secondary alcoholism. ..
- COCAINE SMOKING EFFECTS ON LUNG IMMUNITY & HOST DEFENSEMichael Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- HEPATIC INSULIN GENE EXPRESSION IN IDDMSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2001..Successful conduct of the proposed research will lead to the development of a novel modality for adjuvant treatment of IDDM in humans. ..
- Molecular mediators of metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaBrian C Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Predicting Radiation Response by Tumor pO2Cameron Koch; Fiscal Year: 2006..DDFP may thus be the first PFC emulsion practical and safe for use in multifraction clinical regimens. ..
- INSTABILITY OF TUMOR PROMOTION IN HEPATOCARCINOGENESISHENRY PITOT JR; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- FRA16D CHROMOSOMAL FRAGILE SITE IN LIVER CARCINOGENESISLewis Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will enable me to obtain the training and preliminary data I need to launch an independent, productive research career. ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMALewis Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2008..Successful completion of these studies will provide insight into the molecular pathogenesis of HCC, and may lead to the development of novel chemotherapeutic strategies against HCC. ..
- Ultra-Low Dose Carcinogen Testing with the Trout ModelDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MARINE AND FRESHWATER BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES CENTERDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Kupffer Cell in Hepatic CarcinogenesisJames Klaunig; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will further our understanding into the mechanisms of the development and progression of human liver cancer with potential application to prevention and therapy. ..
- ATHEROGENICITY OF APOB CONTAINING LIPOPROTEINSIra Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, the experiments are significant for our understanding of atherosclerosis development and may demonstrate molecular methods to alter apoB retention that could be used in treatment and preventative therapies. ..