Genomes and Genes
Summary: Nodular tumor-like lesions or mucoid flesh, arising from tendon sheaths, LIGAMENTS, or JOINT CAPSULE, especially of the hands, wrists, or feet. They are not true cysts as they lack epithelial wall. They are distinguished from SYNOVIAL CYSTS by the lack of communication with a joint cavity or the SYNOVIAL MEMBRANE.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- The MRI appearance of cystic lesions around the kneeCatherine L McCarthy
Department of Radiology, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LD, UK
Skeletal Radiol 33:187-209. 2004..This will prevent unnecessary additional investigations and determine whether intra-articular surgery or conservative management is appropriate...
- Intra-articular ganglion cysts of the knee joint: a report of 85 cases and review of the literatureW K Krudwig
Marienhospital, Von Doste Strasse 14, 59597, Erwitte, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:123-9. 2004..Nine ganglion cysts were obviously solely responsible for the intermittent or chronic non-specific knee discomfort, and classified ..
- Ganglion cysts and other tumor related conditions of the hand and wristMitchell E Nahra
Lake Orthopaedic Associates, Inc, 9500 Mentor Avenue, Suite 210, Mentor, OH 44060, USA
Hand Clin 20:249-60, v. 2004..b>Ganglion cysts are the most common lesion of the hand and wrist, accounting for 50% to 70% of all masses identified...
- Ganglion cyst of the proximal tibiofibular joint causing foot drop-diagnostic problem of differentiating from neuritic leprosyV M Rai
Department of Skin and STD, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal 576 106, Karnataka
Indian J Lepr 77:152-5. 2005..Clinical examination revealed a localized cystic swelling of 1 x 1 cm in size in the region of left common peroneal nerve, with sensory loss on the lateral aspect of the left leg which was mistaken for a nerve abscess...
- Ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament: a case reportB Dinakar
Fujairah Hospital, Fujairah, UAE
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 13:181-5. 2005..Ganglia are typically treated by arthroscopic excision and debridement. We report a case of ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament in a 16-year-old man...
- Diagnosis and treatment of ganglion cysts of the cruciate ligamentsBai Lunhao
Department of Orthopaedics, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1053-7. 2011To explore the diagnosis and treatment of ganglion cysts of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) of the knees.
- Oviduct contraction in Drosophila is modulated by a neural network that is both, octopaminergic and glutamatergicRocío Rodríguez-Valentín
Departamento de Genética del Desarrollo y Fisiología Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Mexico
J Cell Physiol 209:183-98. 2006..Our work provides the first evidence that adult abdominal type II visceral innervations co-express Glu and OA and allows us to re-evaluate the previous model of neuronal network controlling insect oviduct contraction...
- An intra-articular knee cyst in a 2-year-old associated with an aberrant anterior cruciate ligamentTodd C Battaglia
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:36-8. 2007..The cyst was successfully treated with arthroscopic debridement. Proposed pathology and treatment recommendations for intra-articular cysts are reviewed...
- Digital sheath synovial ganglion cysts in horsesAndrew Crawford
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hatfield, UK
Vet Surg 40:66-72. 2011..To report the clinical features of horses with fluid-filled masses associated with the digital flexor tendon sheath (DFTS) and outcome after surgery...
- Large extrasynovial intracapsular ganglia of the knee: a report of 3 casesGeorgios I Drosos
Second Orthopaedic Department, Athens Naval Hospital, Athens, Greece
Arthroscopy 21:1362-5. 2005..This seems to be a rare condition; a review of the English-language literature revealed no reports of similar cases...
- "Disc cysts" and "posterior longitudinal ligament ganglion cysts": synonymous entities? Report of three cases and literature reviewLaurence A G Marshman
Department of Neurosurgery, Oldchurch Hospital, Romford, Essex, England
Neurosurgery 57:E818. 2005..nonspecific, most have been designated posterior longitudinal ligament (PLL) or annulus fibrosus (AF) "ganglion cysts." Recently, "disc cysts" have been distinguished as a separate entity, mostly on the grounds of cyst-disc ..
- Intra-articular cysts and ganglia of the knee: a report of nine patientsJanne Sarimo
Mehiläinen Sports Trauma Research Center, Kauppiaskatu 8, 20100 Turku, Finland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 13:44-7. 2005..We believe that intra-articular cysts and ganglia of the knee can be symptomatic, and excellent or good results after cyst removal can be expected especially when there is little additional pathology...
- Relationship between dorsal ganglion cysts of the wrist and intraosseous ganglion cysts of the carpal bonesSophie Van den Dungen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 71:535-9. 2005Soft tissue ganglion cysts are the most common benign tumours of the wrist; their pathogenesis remains controversial...
- Arthroscopy effectively treats ganglion cysts of the shoulderJoseph A Abboud
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 444:129-33. 2006..However, there were no differences in outcome when comparing the group that had decompression with the group that had decompression and labral repair for an associated superior labral anterior posterior tear...
- Ganglion cysts of the shoulder: technique of arthroscopic decompression and fixation of associated type II superior labral anterior to posterior lesionsKenneth J Westerheide
Central Ohio Orthopaedic Group, Columbus, OH, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 34:521-8. 2003b>Ganglion cysts of the shoulder and concomitant suprascapular nerve compression should be considered in the differential diagnosis of shoulder pain. They are associated commonly with labral tears, most commonly SLAP lesions...
- Coexisting secondary intraneural and vascular adventitial ganglion cysts of joint origin: a causal rather than a coincidental relationship supporting an articular theoryRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 5590, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:734-44. 2006..To introduce the clinical entity of an intraneural ganglion cyst coexisting with a vascular adventitial cyst arising from the same joint...
- Anterior cruciate ligament ganglia and mucoid degeneration: coexistence and clinical correlationDiane Bergin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 132 S 10th St, Main Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1283-7. 2004..The purpose of our study was to describe the MR appearance and coexistence of anterior cruciate ligament ganglia with mucoid degeneration and to address the clinical significance of these entities...
- Sonography of wrist ganglion cysts: variable and noncystic appearancesGeorge Wang
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0326, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:1323-8; quiz 1330-1. 2007In our clinical practice, we have noted wrist ganglion cysts that do not fulfill the criteria for simple cysts. This study retrospectively evaluated the sonographic features of wrist ganglia.
- Ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament in childrenRoger Jawish
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St Joseph University Medical School, Beirut, Lebanon
J Pediatr Orthop B 18:234-7. 2009The incidence of ganglion cysts of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) has increased significantly since the advent of MRI, but it remains exceptional in children...
- Prospective outcomes and associations of wrist ganglion cysts resected arthroscopicallyScott G Edwards
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Hand Surg Am 34:395-400. 2009To prospectively evaluate objective and subjective outcomes of arthroscopic dorsal wrist ganglion cyst resection, and to identify and examine intra-articular pathologies associated with ganglion cysts.
- Ganglion cysts of the posterior cruciate ligamentGautam M Shetty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Inje University, Ilsanpaik Hospital, Ilsan, South Korea
Knee 15:325-9. 2008b>Ganglion cysts of the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) are uncommon lesions found incidentally on MRI and arthroscopy...
- Anterior cruciate ligament ganglion: case reportAndré Pedrinelli
Instituto de Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 120:195-7. 2002..Not all ganglia diagnosed through magnetic resonance imaging need to undergo surgical treatment: only those that cause clinical signs and symptoms do. Surgical results are considered good or excellent in the vast majority of cases...
- An intraligamentous ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament after a traumatic eventKenichiro Kakutani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Arthroscopy 19:1019-22. 2003..An arthroscopic aspiration of the cyst material resulted in resolution of symptoms to preserve satisfactory knee function. The patient remains asymptomatic 25 months after surgery...
- Ganglion cysts of the anterior cruciate ligament: a series of 15 casesErin N Parish
The Australian Institute of Musculo Skeletal Research, Sydney, Australia
Arthroscopy 21:445-7. 2005To increase awareness of the presence of ganglion cysts of the anterior cruciate ligament and to consider this diagnosis in any knee that has lost range of motion (ROM) in the absence of osteoarthritis.
- Complications of wrist arthroscopyPedro K Beredjiklian
Division of Hand Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:406-11. 2004..To determine the incidence and nature of complications after arthroscopy of the wrist joint...
- MR imaging findings in early osteoarthritis of the kneeTheofilos Karachalios
Othopaedic Department, University of Thessaly, University Hospital of Larissa, Papakiriazi 22, Hellenic Republic, Larissa 41222, Greece
Eur J Radiol 50:225-30. 2004..To carry out a modern diagnostic survey among patients with a clinical and radiological diagnosis of early osteoarthritis of the knee...
- A case of extensor digitorum brevis manusMineo Nakano
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Organized Center of Clinical Medicine, International University of Health and Welfare, Tochigi, Japan
Dermatol Online J 9:21. 2003..MRI scans can help to distinguish EDBM from tumors. EDBM should be included in the differential diagnosis of soft tissue masses on the dorsal aspect of the hand...
- Proximal tibiofibular joint ganglion cysts: excision, recurrence, and joint arthrodesisShana Miskovsky
Ohio State University Medical Center, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Am J Sports Med 32:1022-8. 2004..Cyst recurrence has been a problem. This study reviews one of the largest series of patients with proximal tibiofibular joint cysts and evaluates the role of a new surgical option, proximal tibiofibular joint fusion...
- Peroneal intraneural ganglionNandini Bakshi
Department of Neurology, Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
Neurology 65:1753. 2005
- Intra-articular ganglion cyst of the kneeKenny S David
Department of Orthopaedics Unit 2, Christian Medical College, Ida Scudder Road, TN 632004 Vellore, India
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:335-7. 2004b>Ganglion cysts of the knee are extremely uncommon. They usually cause non-specific symptoms and do not produce classical signs...
- The use of MR arthrography to document an occult joint communication in a recurrent peroneal intraneural ganglionRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:172-9. 2006..MR arthrography with delayed imaging should be considered in cases of intraneural ganglia when a joint connection is not obvious on MRI...
- Treatment option in a SLAP-related ganglion cyst resulting in suprascapular nerve entrapmentM H Baums
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 126:621-3. 2006..Our report shows a rare case of suprascapular nerve palsy due to a SLAP-related ganglion cyst resulting in isolated weakness of the infraspinatus muscle...
- [Differential diagnosis of the signal-compromised lunate in MRI]R Schmitt
Institut für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Herz und Gefässklinik GmbH, Bad Neustadt an der Saale
Rofo 177:358-66. 2005..To define both the underlying pathology and diagnostic criteria in lunates presenting with conspicuous signal pattern in MRI...
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome caused by ganglionW M Ng
Orthopaedic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Med J Malaysia 59:69-71. 2004..Unusually the symptoms were mainly due to the lateral planter nerve compression with a positive Tinel's sign. A surgical decompression was successful in relieving the dysaesthesia in spite of a 7 years history...
- MRI of Hoffa's fat padD Saddik
Department of Radiology, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, OX3 7LD, Headington, Oxford, UK
Skeletal Radiol 33:433-44. 2004..Infrapatellar plica syndrome may also be traumatic in aetiology. The precise aetiology of ganglion cysts is not understood; the principal differential diagnosis is a meniscal or cruciate cyst...
- [Ganglion cysts of the knee originating from tendons and ligaments]Turgut Yilmaz
Ege Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Radyoloji Anabilim Dali Izmir, Turkey
Tani Girisim Radyol 10:246-51. 2004To investigate the clinical features and MR imaging findings of the ganglion cysts arising from the tendons and ligaments of the knee.
- [Peroneal nerve palsy caused by a recurrent proximal tibiofibular joint ganglion--a case report and review of the literature]S Rein
Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik, Klinik für Hand, Plastische, Rekonstruktive und Verbrennungschirurgie, Tubingen
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 37:267-75. 2005..The neurological deficit associated with these cysts is often severe due to delayed diagnostic and surgical treatment. Therefore, recurrence is very often seen and recovery is incomplete...
- A ganglion cyst that developed from the infrapatellar fat pad of the kneeErhan Yilmaz
Department of Orthopaedics, Firat University, Medical Faculty, Elazig, Turkey
Arthroscopy 20:e65-8. 2004..At the 1-year follow-up examination, the patient's left knee was completely asymptomatic with full range of motion and no recurrence. Ganglion cyst should be considered in the differential diagnosis of intra-articular masses...
- Imaging of wrist massesVu Nguyen
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, USA
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 33:147-60. 2004..The 3 most common hand and wrist lesions include ganglion cysts, giant cell tumors of the tendon sheath, and hemangiomas...
- Intra-articular ganglia arising from the posterior joint capsule of the kneeYomei Tachibana
Division of Sports Medicine, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
Arthroscopy 20:54-9. 2004....
- Large lateral meniscal ganglion cyst extending into the intercondylar fossa of the kneeAlwin Jäger
University Hospital for Orthopaedic Surgery, Friedrichsheim, Federal Republic of Germany
Arthroscopy 20:6-8. 2004..We review the current literature on the pathogenesis, distribution, and treatment of meniscal ganglion cysts.
- Excision of a ganglion cyst from within the posterior septum of the knee--an arthroscopic techniqueAyaz Lakdawala
Holly House Hospital, High Road, Buckhurst Hill, Essex IG9 5HX, United Kingdom
Knee 12:245-7. 2005..We describe a technique whereby a ganglion within the posterior septum of the knee was excised successfully...
- An unusual variant of intraneural ganglion of the common peroneal nerveS Fiona Bonar
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology, Macquarie Park, NSW, Australia
Skeletal Radiol 35:165-71. 2006..A comprehensive review of the entity is undertaken...
- The clinico-anatomic explanation for tibial intraneural ganglion cysts arising from the superior tibiofibular jointRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:281-92. 2007....
- Bone tumor mimics: avoiding misdiagnosisC Frank Gould
Naval Aerospace Medical Institute, Pensacola, FL, USA
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 36:124-41. 2007..This review will also aid the radiologist in making appropriate recommendations to the referring physician for management or further imaging...
- Peroneal nerve palsy due to an intraneural ganglion: a case report of a 4 1/2-year-old boyHormozan Aprin
North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Great Neck, NY, 11021, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 36:E40-2. 2007
- Infrapatellar ganglion that developed from infrapatellar fat and had minimal intraarticular extensionM Amin
Adelaide Meath National Children Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:179-81. 2008..We report a case of infrapattellar ganglion in a 41-year-old female, which developed from the infrapattellar fad pad and with minimal intraarticular extension...
- Sequential tibial and peroneal intraneural ganglia arising from the superior tibiofibular jointRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Skeletal Radiol 37:79-84. 2008..These observations would not only be consistent with, but would extend previous evidence in support of, the unifying articular (synovial) theory...
- MR imaging of cysts, ganglia, and bursae about the kneeFrancesca D Beaman
Center Radiology, PC, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 45:969-82, vi. 2007..For the purpose of this article, the authors limit the scope of their discussion to benign cysts, ganglia, and bursae about the knee...
- Exceedingly large femoral condyle intraosseous ganglion cyst following high tibial osteotomyChikara Kubota
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Shimoaizuki 23, Matsuoka, Fukui, 910 1193, Japan
J Orthop Sci 12:592-6. 2007
- Intra-tendinous ganglion in the long head of the biceps humeriKenta Kishimoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 37:263-5. 2008..MRI scans have important implications for surgical planning and treatment. After excision of the ganglion, the tendon remaining could be repaired. Five months after surgery, there was no sign of recurrence...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligament: magnetic resonance imaging findings of an underdiagnosed entityJ L Fernandes
Magnetic Resonance Department, Clinica Radiologica Vila Rica, Brasilia, Brazil
Acta Radiol 49:75-9. 2008....
- Patterns of intraneural ganglion cyst descentRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Anat 21:233-45. 2008..predictable patterns of proximal ascent have been described for fibular (peroneal) and tibial intraneural ganglion cysts in the knee region...
- A posttraumatic, joint-connected sural intraneural ganglion cyst-with a new mechanism of intraneural recurrence: a case reportNeal M Blitz
Kaiser North Bay Consortium Residency Program, Department of Orthopedics and Foot and Ankle Surgery, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 47:199-205. 2008Intraneural ganglion cysts are rare in occurrence and most commonly involve the peroneal nerve at the fibular neck...
- Non-traumatic peroneal nerve palsy: MRI findingsJ Y Kim
Departments of Radiology St Vincent s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Paldal Gu, Suwon City, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Clin Radiol 62:58-64. 2007..To present magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings of non-traumatic peroneal nerve palsy and to evaluate the usefulness of MRI in patients with non-traumatic peroneal nerve palsy...
- Ganglion cysts at the gastrocnemius origin: a series of ten casesS L J James
Department of Radiology, RNOH Stanmore, Brockley Hill, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 4LP, UK
Skeletal Radiol 36:139-43. 2007To describe ganglion cysts arising close to the origin of the medial and lateral head of gastrocnemius as identified on magnetic resonance (MR) imaging.
- [Ganglion cyst of the shoulder: six cases and review of the literature]D Ollat
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Traumatologie, Hopital d Instruction des armees BEGIN, Saint Mande
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 92:214-22. 2006..We present a review of the pertinent literature together with a retrospective series of six cases of paraglenoid glenohumeral ganglion cysts.
- Proceeding of the meeting of The KBVR-SRBR Osteo-Articular section, Brussels, June 21, 2003. Cystic lesions around the kneeF M Vanhoenacker
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
JBR-BTR 86:302-4. 2003
- Locked knee caused by intraarticular ganglionKazushige Seki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:859-61. 2006....
- Extra-articular soft tissue ganglion cyst around the knee: focus on the associated findingsJee Young Kim
Department of Radiology, St Vincent s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 93 6 Ji Dong, Paldal Ku, Suwon, 442 723, Kyounggi Do, South Korea
Eur Radiol 14:106-11. 2004..MR imaging findings of the associated findings in surrounding tissues of the extra-articular soft tissue ganglion cysts around the knee...
- MRI for differentiating ganglion and synovitis in the chronic painful wristSuzanne E Anderson
Department of Diagnostic, Interventional, and Pediatric Radiology, University Hospital of Bern, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:812-8. 2006..The purpose of our study was to determine if preoperative MRI can differentiate between occult ganglion and synovitis in the chronic painful wrist...
- Application of three-dimensional rendering in joint-related ganglion cystsRobert J Spinner
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Anat 19:312-22. 2006..Rarer complex cysts are thought by many to form de novo within nerves (intraneural ganglion cysts) or within vessels (adventitial cysts) (degenerative theory)...
- An unusual meniscal ganglion cyst that triggered recurrent hemarthrosis of the kneeHiroyasu Ogawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1, Yanagido, Gifu, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Arthroscopy 22:455.e1-4. 2006..Generally, both the meniscal ganglion cysts and spontaneous recurrent hemarthrosis are highly rare conditions...
- The SLAP lesion as a reason for glenolabral cysts: a report of five cases and review of the literatureM A Kessler
Clinic for Orthopedic Surgery, Kantonsspital St Gallen, 9007 St Gallen, Switzerland
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:287-92. 2007..There is agglomerated appearance of these cysts in combination with SLAP lesions. Hypothesis is SLAP lesions can lead to cysts in this region and should be repaired...
- Evaluation of ganglion cysts using vastly undersampled isotropic projection reconstruction (VIPR)Kimberly K Amrami
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:768-72. 2007..The proper preoperative diagnosis and identification of this joint connection for ganglion cysts is important for patient treatment and outcome...
- The modified outside-in suture: vertical repair of the anterior horn of the meniscus after decompression of a large meniscal cystJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:1288-91. 2006..We recommend this technique not only for the vertical repair of the anterior horn of the meniscus after decompression of large meniscal cyst, but also to repair a longitudinal tear of the meniscus...
- Peroneal intraneural ganglionSarah A West
Neurology 67:367; author reply 367. 2006
- Unusual solitary ganglion cysts of the anterior segment of the lateral meniscusKo Hsiu Lu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Arthroscopy 19:E16. 2003..Meniscal cysts present a subgroup of ganglion cysts that occur in association with meniscal tears...
- Characterization of somatodendritic neuronal nicotinic receptors located on the myenteric plexusA Torocsik
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Eur J Pharmacol 202:297-302. 1991....
- Regulation of the expression and phosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein 1B during regeneration of adult dorsal root ganglion neuronsD Ma
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Pennsylvania Hahnemann University, 3200 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Neuroscience 99:157-70. 2000..These observations underscore the difference between axonal development and regeneration and the importance of injury-related effects that occur locally...
- Sensory and sympathetic innervation of cervical facet joint in ratsHai yu Zhou
Department of Orthopedics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Chin J Traumatol 9:377-80. 2006..To explore the patterns of innervation of cervical facet joints and determine the pathways from facet joints to dorsal root ganglions (DRGs) in order to clarify the causes of diffuse neck pain, headache, and shoulder pain...
- Prevention of compartment syndrome in dorsal root ganglia caused by exposure to nucleus pulposusS Yabuki
Department of Anesthesiology and Pathology Neuropathology, VA Medical Center and the University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:870-5. 2001..Anti-inflammatory cytokine therapy may become an effective treatment of sciatica due to disc herniation...
- Lumbar intraspinal synovial and ganglion cysts (facet cysts). Ten-year experience in evaluation and treatmentK Y Hsu
St Mary s Spine Center, San Francisco, California
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:80-9. 1995..Patients with intraspinal facet cysts may respond to conservative treatments if there is no significant neurologic deficit. Surgical decompression and removal of large facet cysts usually are successful in relieving symptoms...
- Histopathological alterations in ciliary ganglions in meningitis: an experimental studyM D Aydin
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Faculty, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 48:297-301. 2005..It is expected that the CG may be affected due to the involvement of these cranial nerves in meningitis. In this study, we aimed to investigate the effect of meningitis on the CG...
- Substance P-saporin down-regulates substance P receptor immunoreactive sensory dorsal root ganglion neurons innervating the lumbar intervertebral discs in ratsSeiji Ohtori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2987-91. 2006..To examine changes in substance P receptors on dorsal root ganglion cells innervating the rat lumbar intervertebral discs using immunohistochemistry and a retrograde neurotracing method...
- The prevalence and pathogenesis of synovial cysts within the ligamentum flavum in patients with lumbar spinal stenosis and radiculopathyMartin J Wilby
The Adelaide Centre for Spinal Research and Hanson Institute, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2518-24. 2009..A clinicopathologic study of synovial cysts in the ligamentum flavum (LF) in patients with spinal stenosis...
- Induction of eclampticlike changes by stimulation of the celiac ganglion in ratsN Kanayama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
Hypertens Pregnancy 18:249-60. 1999..CONCLUSION: Stimulation of the abdominal sympathetic ganglions could induce vasoconstriction of the brain vessels, thus decreasing brain blood flow, which results in eclampsialike changes in rats...
- Surgical anatomy of the cervical sympathetic trunk during anterolateral approach to cervical spineErdinc Civelek
Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur Spine J 17:991-5. 2008..Awareness of the CST's regional anatomy may help the surgeon to identify and preserve it during anterior cervical surgeries...
- Trigeminal ganglion cell response to mental nerve transection and repair in the ratJ R Zuniga
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Dentistry 27599 7450, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 57:427-37. 1999....
- Herniated lumbar disc material as a source of free glutamate available to affect pain signals through the dorsal root ganglionJ F Harrington
Brown University School of Medicine and the Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:929-36. 2000..Combined prospective human cohort and prospective controlled animal model...
- Is the aged rat ear more susceptible to noise or styrene damage than the young ear?P Campo
Institut National de Recherche et de Securite, Laboratoire Multinuisances, Avenue de Bourgogne, BP 27, 54501 Vandoeuvre, France
Noise Health 5:1-18. 2003....
- Sensory innervation of the cervical facet joints in ratsS Ohtori
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:147-50. 2001..With a retrograde neurotracing method with Fluoro-Gold (FG; Fluorochrome, Denver, CO), the level of dorsal root ganglions (DRGs) innervating the C1-C2, C3-C4, and C5-C6 facet joints and their pathways were investigated in rats...
- Cardiovascular disease and its association with histological changes of the left stellate ganglionAdam Wood
Academic Medicine Fellow, Department of Pathology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
Clin Med Insights Pathol 3:19-24. 2010..Further research into this association is warranted in order to determine if left stellate ganglion blockade is a viable treatment option for arrhythmias following myocardial infarctions...
- [Role of nitric oxide in pathogenesis of cold nerve injury]You Wu
Department of Neurology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100053, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:2214-20. 2009..To study the role of nitric oxide (NO) in the pathogenesis of cold nerve injury and to explore its mechanism...
- [Patterns of lipofuscin accumulation in ganglionic nerve cells of superior cervical ganglion in humans]Vladimir Zivkovic
Medicinski fakultet, Institut za anatomiju, Nis, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 65:738-42. 2008..This research was focused on lipofuscin accumulation in ganglionic cells (GC) (postganglionic sympathetic cell bodies) of superior cervical ganglion in humans during ageing...
- Intraspinal cyst communicating with the intervertebral disc in the lumbar spine: discal cystK Chiba
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:2112-8. 2001..A retrospective case study of patients with intraspinal cyst having a distinct connection with the corresponding intervertebral disc...
- Sensory innervation of the sacroiliac joint in ratsY Murata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and First Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2015-9. 2000..The pathways and functions of the nerve fibers supplying the sacroiliac joint were determined by immunohistochemical detection of transported tracer...
- [Craniofacial hyperhidrosis treated by video-assisted thoracoscopic sympathectomy]Jun Wang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Center of Thoracic Mini invasive Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:631-4. 2005..To investigate the feasibility, safety and prospect application value of video-assisted thoracoscopic sympathectomy utilized in the treatment of craniofacial hyperhidrosis...
- Human intervertebral disc cells promote nerve growth over substrata of human intervertebral disc aggrecanWilliam E B Johnson
Centre for Spinal Studies, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1187-93. 2006..Coculture assays of the migration and interaction of human intervertebral disc cells and chick sensory nerves on alternate substrata of collagen and aggrecan...
- Radical distal pancreatectomy with en bloc resection of the celiac artery, plexus, and ganglions for advanced cancer of the pancreatic body: a preliminary report on perfect pain reliefS Kondo
Department of Surgery II, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
JOP 2:93-7. 2001....
- Involvement of EphB1 receptor/EphrinB2 ligand in neuropathic painHideo Kobayashi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Biomolecular Science, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1592-8. 2007..We investigated involvement of EphB/ephrinB system in neuropathic pain...
- Ultrasound-guided therapeutic procedures in the musculoskeletal systemJose Luis del Cura
Servicio de Radiodiagnostico, Hospital de Basurto, Bilbao, Spain
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 37:203-18. 2008..Most of these techniques are low cost and require only a moderate skill. Ultrasound-guided procedures are useful tools to effectively treat some diseases of the musculoskeletal system and should be routine in any imaging department...
- Spinal neurons involved in the control of the seminal vesicles: a transsynaptic labeling study using pseudorabies virus in ratsX Q Sun
Interaction cellulaires en uro andrologie, EA 4122 Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud, 63 rue Gabriel Peri, F 94270 Le Kremlin Bicêtre, France
Neuroscience 158:786-97. 2009....
- Current concepts in wrist arthroscopyGeorge D Chloros
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Arthroscopy 24:343-54. 2008..distal radius fractures (DRFs), triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries, intercarpal ligament injuries, and ganglion cysts, including the use of electrothermal devices...
- Intrapelvic and thigh-level femoral nerve lesions: management and outcomes in 119 surgically treated casesDaniel H Kim
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5327, USA
J Neurosurg 100:989-96. 2004..The authors present a retrospective analysis of 119 surgically treated femoral nerve lesions at intrapelvic and thigh levels seen at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center...
- The roles of cell adhesion molecules on the formation of peripheral myelinY Takeda
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Keio J Med 50:240-8. 2001..On the other hand, MAG and P0 are important for axon ensheathment and myelin compaction...
- Childhood sporadic pheochromocytoma: clinical profile and outcome in 19 patientsA Bhansali
Department of Endocrinology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:749-56. 2006..In conclusion, childhood pheochromocytoma is characterized by atypical symptomatology; ultrasonography is a useful modality in localizing the lesions in the majority of patients; surgery is rewarding in most patients...
- Sensory innervation of the dorsal portion of the lumbar intervertebral discs in ratsS Ohtori
Third Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:946-50. 2001..The pathways and functions of nerve fibers supplying the dorsal portion of the discs were investigated by denervation and immuno-histochemistry...
- Examination of ontogenetic-morphologic growth of adrenergic receptor system in the isolated preparation of trachea in vitroHilmi Islami
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, University of Prishtina, Republic Kosova
Med Arh 62:200-4. 2008..Non-vesicular (sensory) types of nerve endings are present in perichondrial localization. These morphological data indicate interaction between adrenergic, cholinergic and third nonadrenergic-noncholinergic system in airways...
- Diffusion weighted MR findings of brain involvement in tuberous sclerosisAhmet Kemal Firat
Department of Radiology, Inonu University School of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 12:57-60. 2006..Diffusion Weighted Imaging (DWI) is effective in identifying microstructural cerebral parenchymal changes. We studied the diffusion characteristics of hamartomas and normal white matter in cases with tuberous sclerosis (TS)...
- Glenoid cysts mimicking cervical radiculopathyG S Uppal
Orthopaedic Medical Group of Riverside, Clinical Faculty, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Riverside, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2257-60. 1995..Careful evaluation may show ganglion cysts of the glenohumeral joint mimicking symptoms of cervical radiculopathy. OBJECTIVES...
- Pain Mechanisms of Knee Joint OsteoarthritisHEE JEONG IM SAMPEN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- RAPID MR VS XRAY: RANDOMIZED OUTCOME TRIAL FOR BACK PAINJEFFREY JARVIK; Fiscal Year: 2001..We have a window of opportunity before the rapid MRI becomes widely disseminated and a randomized trial is made impossible by the expectations of both patients and physicians. ..
- NEURONAL DEGENERATION HEREDITARY CEROID-LIPOFUSCINOSISMartin Katz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- THE CPA: SOMATIC AND AUTONOMIC SYSTEMSW Panneton; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the brainstem mechanisms governing he vascular constriction after either of these somatic stimuli may provide a neurological explanation for this. Such knowledge may lead to an understanding of essential hypertension. ..
- TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPEMartin Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Broadening the user base will help make the cost per user of maintaining the instrument as low as possible. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimental Dysautonomia: Pathogenesis and TreatmentSteven Vernino; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation and function of cGMP in the nervous systemDavid B Morton; Fiscal Year: 2011..Viagra and other pharmacological treatments for erectile disfunction are probably just the tip of the iceberg for compounds that target cGMP mediated processes. ..
- Back pain Outcomes using Longitudinal Data (BOLD)Jeffrey G Jarvik; Fiscal Year: 2010....