Genomes and Genes
Summary: Intradermal or subcutaneous saclike structure, the wall of which is stratified epithelium containing keratohyalin granules.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- MRI findings of subcutaneous epidermal cysts: emphasis on the presence of ruptureSung Hwan Hong
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine and Institute of Radiation Medicine, 28 Yeongon dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:961-6. 2006..Our aim was to describe the MRI findings of subcutaneous epidermal cysts with an emphasis on determining the presence of rupture...
- [Vermian epidermoid cyst revealed by head injury]H Hila
Service d Imagerie Medicale, hôpital des FSI, 2070 La Marsa, Tunisie
Neurochirurgie 52:63-6. 2006..A suboccipital approach allowed total removal of a well-encapsulated epidermoid cyst, non adherent to the floor of the fourth ventricle. The postoperative course was uneventful...
- [Pathology of the cerebellopontine angle]J L Sarrazin
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Hopital Americain de Paris, 63, boulevard Victor Hugo, 92200 Neuilly sur Seine, France
J Radiol 87:1765-82. 2006..Imaging should not only make the diagnosis but also make an exhaustive, pretherapy, and accurate assessment of the three main tumours found in this area: the vestibular schwannoma, the meningioma, and the epidermoid cyst...
- Epidermoid cyst of the cavum septum pellucidumK Bikmaz
Ministry of Health Okmeydani Education and Research Hospital, Neurosurgery Clinic, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:1271-2; discussion 1272. 2007
- Proliferating trichilemmal tumors: a review of the literatureAnita K Satyaprakash
School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:1102-8. 2007..These lesions may cause considerable morbidity and even mortality, and recurrence after simple local excision is common...
- Proliferating trichilemmal cyst of the eyelidShin J Kang
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:1065-7. 2007..To report a case of proliferating trichilemmal cyst in a 55-year-old woman...
- Trichilemmal cyst in the pulp of the index finger: a case reportTakeshi Ikegami
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Saiseikai Central Hospital, 1 4 17 Mita, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 0073, Japan
Hand Surg 8:253-5. 2003..We reported a case of trichilemmal cyst in the pulp of the index finger. Histopathological features and unusual MR images are discussed...
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising from an epidermal cystM Y Chiu
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Caritas Medical Centre, Shamshuipo, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 13:482-4. 2007There are few case reports in the English literature concerning malignant transformation of an epidermal cyst into squamous cell carcinoma...
- [Primary cauda equina epidermoid cyst. A case report]A De Barros
Service d ORL, Hopital Charles Nicolle, CHU de Rouen, Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 48:113-6. 2002..However, surgical treatment and favorable post-operative course are similar to that observed in intraspinal localizations. MRI is helpful for the preoperative and differential diagnosis and for post-operative follow-up...
- Spinal subdural epidermoids - a separate entity: report of 3 casesS Mongia
Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore 560 029, India
Neurol India 50:529-31. 2002..In all the cases, the lesion was situated at dorsal level. The clinical features, MRI characteristics and surgical treatment of such rare intradural extramedullary benign tumors are discussed and relevant literature is reviewed...
- [Aseptic meningitis caused by the rupture of an epidermoid cyst]A Pampliega-Pérez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Espana
Rev Neurol 37:221-4. 2003..Epidermoid cysts are rare tumours. The aseptic meningitis that comes about as a result of their rupture is frequent after tumour resection, although they may occasionally occur spontaneously...
- Intramedullary spinal epidermoid cyst of the upper thoracic regionA Gonzalvo
Department of Neurosurgery, Austin Hospital, 145 Studley Road, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 16:142-4. 2009..The average age of presentation is about 35 years and the history of the symptoms is usually long. The treatment is surgical, and complete removal is the goal, if possible...
- Intramedullary epidermoid cyst presenting with abnormal urological manifestationsP Ferrara
Department of Paediatrics, Catholic University A Gemelli Hospital, Rome, Italy
Spinal Cord 41:645-8. 2003..Report of an epidermoid cyst with intramedullary localization...
- Multilocular giant epidermal cystM Fujiwara
Br J Dermatol 151:943-5. 2004
- Clinical inquiries. What's the best treatment for sebaceous cysts?R Brian Moore
Mountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville, NC, USA
J Fam Pract 56:315-6. 2007
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for a huge splenic cyst without preoperative drainage: report of a caseShintaro Yagi
First Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie Prefecture, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 13:397-400. 2003..The postoperative course was uneventful. Laparoscopic splenectomy should be tried first even in patients with a huge cyst, and intraoperative drainage under laparoscopic guidance facilitates laparoscopic splenectomy...
- Expression of DeltaNLef1 in mouse epidermis results in differentiation of hair follicles into squamous epidermal cysts and formation of skin tumoursCatherin Niemann
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 129:95-109. 2002....
- Interdural cavernous sinus epidermoid cystVivek Bonde
Department of Neurosurgery, Seth GS Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Clin Neurosci 15:212-4. 2008..The tumor was resected by a basal subtemporal extradural-interdural approach. Following the surgery, the 45-year-old female patient recovered completely from her symptoms of atypical neuralgic facial pains...
- Epidermoid cysts of the cavernous sinusAlireza Gharabaghi
Department of Neurosurgery, International Neuroscience Institute, Hannover, Germany
Surg Neurol 64:428-33; discussion 433. 2005..Epidermoid cysts involving the cavernous sinus are rare lesions. They can be divided into 3 different categories: extracavernous, interdural, and true intracavernous...
- Presternal giant epidermal cyst: 2 casesManef Gasmi
Department of paediatric surgery A, Children Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Tunis Med 88:250-2. 2010..Epidermal cysts are a common benign lesion, occurring often above the shoulder and within the face and the scalp. Presternal site and huge volume are quite rare, especially in children...
- Imaging findings in a case of epidermal inclusion cyst arising within the breast parenchymaJin Young Kwak
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, CHA General Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 650 9 Yeoksam dong, Gangnam Ku, Seoul 135 081, Korea
J Clin Ultrasound 32:141-3. 2004..To our knowledge, reports on epidermal inclusion cysts within the breast parenchyma are rare...
- New species of Bordetella, Bordetella ansorpii sp. nov., isolated from the purulent exudate of an epidermal cystKwan Soo Ko
Asian Pacific Research Foundation for Infectious Diseases ARFID, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine 50 Il won dong, Seoul 135 710, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 43:2516-9. 2005A gram-negative bacillus, SMC-8986(T), which was isolated from the purulent exudate of an epidermal cyst but could not be identified by a conventional microbiologic method, was characterized by a variety of phenotypic and genotypic ..
- Intrarenal epidermal cystSung Chul Lim
Department of Pathology, Chosun University College of Medicine, Gwangju, Korea
Pathol Int 53:574-8. 2003An epidermal cyst is a very unusual cause of a renal mass, with only three cases reported in English literature. The authors report a case of this in a 51-year-old man with left flank pain and hematuria...
- Intratarsal keratinous cysts of the Meibomian gland: distinctive clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features in 6 casesFrederick A Jakobiec
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:82-94. 2010..To describe 6 patients representing a new entity of Meibomian gland keratinous cysts...
- Giant epidermal cyst extending from sole to dorsum of the foot by penetrating the interosseous musclesToshiyuki Ozawa
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Dermatol 35:25-8. 2008We present a 65-year-old man with a giant epidermal cyst extending from sole to dorsum of the foot by penetrating the interosseous muscles...
- Intrarenal epidermal cystMümtaz Dadalı
First Clinic of Urology, Ministry of Health Ankara Teaching and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 26:555-7. 2010Although renal cystic formations are seen frequently and arise with diverse symptoms, epidermal cyst is a very unusual cause of renal masses...
- Epidermoid cyst of the cavernous sinus: clinical features, pathogenesis and treatmentM Tatagiba
Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover College of Medicine and Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover, Germany
Br J Neurosurg 14:571-5. 2000..MRI is the investigation of choice. Surgical resection can result in excellent recovery of preoperative deficits of cranial nerves (CN) III through VI...
- Proliferating trichilemmal tumor--case reportLuíza Helena dos Santos Cavaleiro
Servico de Dermatologia, Universidade Federal do Para, Belem, PA, Brasil
An Bras Dermatol 86:S190-2. 2011..PTT usually presents as a solitary nodule on the scalp of elderly women. We describe a case of a PTT on the gluteal region (buttocks) of a 16-year-old female, presenting as a solitary nodule...
- Intracerebral epidermoid tumor: a case report and review of the literatureG Iaconetta
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine Federico II, Naples, Italy
Surg Neurol 55:218-22. 2001..Radical surgical removal should be attempted, but a less aggressive surgical strategy should be considered if there is strong adherence between the tumor capsule and the brain tissue, particularly in eloquent areas...
- Pathogenesis of intraparenchymal epidermoid cyst in the brain: a case report and review of the literatureTakanobu Kaido
Department of Neurosurgery, Nishinara National Hospital, Shichijo 2 789, Nara City, Nara 630 8053, Japan
Surg Neurol 59:211-6. 2003..Intracranial epidermoid cysts are relatively common; however, epidermoid cysts in the brain parenchyma are rare. In addition, the etiology of intraparenchymal epidermoid cysts is not clear...
- Epithelial splenic cystsIsabella Palmieri
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:515-21. 2005..The etiopathogenesis of these cysts is controversial, even if Burrig's theory is the most accredited. The histological distinction between epidermoid and mesothelial cysts may be difficult, particularly for monostratified epithelium...
- Epidermoid cyst of the spleen in the laparoscopic eraIsidoro Di Carlo
Department of Surgical Sciences, Organs Transplantation and Advanced Technologies, University of Catania, Cannizzaro Hospital, Catania, Italy
Dig Surg 22:53-4. 2005
- Ruptured epidermoid cyst and haematoma of spleen: a diagnostic clue of high levels of serum carcinoembryonic antigen, carbohydrate antigen 19-9 and Sialyl Lewis xH Matsubayashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Tachikawa General Hospital, Nagaoka, Niigata, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 33:595-9. 2001..Pathological diagnosis of the round-hypovascular lesion was epidermoid cyst and crescent-hypervascular lesion was haemorrhage (haematoma)...
- Laparoscopic management of a ruptured giant epidermoid splenic cystAndreas Kiriakopoulos
Department of Surgery, Hygeia Hospital, Athens, Greece
JSLS 9:349-51. 2005..We herein report a unique case of a giant epidermoid splenic cyst that ruptured spontaneously and was successfully treated with the laparoscopic approach...
- Intracranial midline dermoid and epidermoid cysts in childrenMassimo Caldarelli
Department of Pediatrics, Operative Unit of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Catholic University, Medical School, Rome, Italy
J Neurosurg 100:473-80. 2004..Authors of large series have only occasionally reported on pediatric cases, and these reports often lack a specific analysis of those cerebral midline lesions...
- Giant epidermoid cyst within an intrapancreatic accessory spleen mimicking a cystic neoplasm of the pancreas: case report and review of the literatureElliot L Servais
Pancreas 36:98-100. 2008
- Epidermoid cyst with infiltrative malignant melanoma in the cerebellopontine angleFan Gang Meng
Department of Neurosurgery, QiLu Hospital Shandong University, Ji Nan, Shandong Province, 250012, People s Republic of China
J Clin Neurosci 13:669-72. 2006..Immunohistochemical staining of the solid tumour was positive for the melanoma marker HMB45 and negative for GFAP and cytokeratin. Both CT and MRI were helpful in this patient but the diagnosis could only be made on histopathology...
- Pseudo-cluster-like headache secondary to contralateral epidermoid cyst of the pontocerebellar angleMiriam Eimil-Ortiz
Department of Neurology, Hospital de Móstoles Neurology, Madrid, Spain
Headache 48:471-2. 2008..We report the case of a 47-year-old man who presented with a throbbing periocular pain associated with lacrimation and red eye. A contralateral epidermoid cyst was detected in the magnetic resonance imaging...
- Interesting neuroimagesVivek Bonde
Surg Neurol 69:548-9. 2008
- [Flair and diffusion weighted MR imaging in differentiating epidermoid cysts from arachnoid cysts]Bahattin Hakyemez
Uludag Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Radyoloji Anabilim Dali, Bursa
Tani Girisim Radyol 9:418-26. 2003....
- [MRI of the temporal bone]F Heran
Service d Imagerie et d ORL, France
J Radiol 87:1783-94. 2006..This study also includes the main aspects of facial nerve lesions and vascular abnormalities of the area on MRI. The conclusion summarizes the main indications of temporal bone MRI...
- Hyperdense intracranial epidermoid cysts: a study of 15 casesF Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, P R China
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:31-9; discussion 39. 2007..The aim was to study clinical features and possible pathogenesis of hyperdense intracranial epidermoid cysts (HIECs)...
- Epidermoid of the retromastoidal region with cutaneous wound infection, fistula and epidural abscessDirk Winkler
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 34, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:478-80. 2006
- Malignant transformation of intracranial epidermoid cyst with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis: case reportAbderrahmane Hamlat
Department of Neurosurgery, CHRU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Acta Neurol Belg 103:221-4. 2003..Although rare, the malignant degeneration of epidermoid cysts is well documented. Its occurrence with leptomeningeal dissemination and malignant cells in CSF is scarce. To the best of our knowledge only four cases have been reported...
- [Spontaneously hyperdense intracranial epidermoid cyst]H Megdiche Bazarbacha
Service de Neuroradiologie, Institut National de Neurologie de Tunis, La Rabta 1007 Tunis, Tunisie
J Neuroradiol 31:150-2. 2004..We report the case of a 12-year-old girl with a spontaneously hyperdense epidermoid cyst of the posterior fossa presenting with focal neurological symptoms. The diagnosis was confirmed at histological examination...
- Epidermoid cyst of the spleenAjay Malhotra
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Ave, P O Box 648, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatr Radiol 38:714. 2008
- Giant occipital intradiploic epidermoid cyst associated with iatrogenic punctureR Prat Acín
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital La Fe Avda, Valencia, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:413-4. 2008....
- Epidermoid cysts of the cerebellopontine angle with extension into the middle and anterior cranial fossae: surgical strategy and review of the literatureR Akhavan-Sigari
Department of Neurosurgery, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:429-32. 2007..In this case, complete tumour removal was achieved via a suboccipital retrosigmoid approach...
- Epidermoid tumor of the ponsR N Sener
Department of Radiology, Ege University Hospital, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
J Neuroradiol 31:225-6. 2004..Epidermoid tumors originating from the brainstem are extremely rare. The authors report a patient with an intraaxial epidermoid tumor of the pons. The tumor involved most of the pons and had a small exophytic component...
- Splenic cyst presenting as severe hydronephrosis in a pediatric patientW Stuart Reynolds
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Eur Urol 53:198-200. 2008..We report a case of a large cystic mass initially managed as a giant ureteropelvic junction obstruction, but ultimately found to be a congenital splenic cyst. Focus is placed on the diagnostic evaluation of large cystic abdominal masses...
- Atypical CT and MRI aspects of an epidermoid cystM Ben Hamouda
Department of Neuroradiology, Institut National de Neurologie, Tunis, Tunisia
J Neuroradiol 34:129-32. 2007..We discuss imaging characteristics of ECs, explain the atypical findings in our case and confirm that the signal seen on diffusion-weighted images in the EC is related to a T2 effect...
- [Intradiploic epidermoid cyst of the occipital bone]A Ajja
Service de Neurochirurgie, hôpital militaire d instruction Mohamed V, Rabat, Maroc
Neurochirurgie 53:367-70. 2007..A rare case of intradiploic epidermoid cyst of the occipital bone is described and recent literature, which emphasizes the radiological evaluation and surgical treatment of this lesion is reviewed...
- MR imaging of epidermoids at the cerebellopontine anglePing Liu
Department of Radiology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 2:109-15. 2003..We concluded that diffusion-weighted imaging could specifically reveal an epidermoid at the CPA as a strongly hyper-intense lesion, and that MR cisternography is mandatory for preoperative planning...
- [Splenic Epidermoid Cyst--imaging features]Joana Albuquerque
Serviço de Imagiologia, Hospital Fernando Fonseca, Amadora
Acta Med Port 18:227-30. 2005..They illustrate the imaging features on ultrasound, CT and MR with pathologic correlation. A review of imaging aspects in the characterization and diagnosis of this clinical entity is made...
- Apparent diffusion coefficient of subcutaneous epidermal cysts in the head and neck comparison with intracranial epidermoid cystsChiori Suzuki
Department of Radiology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Acad Radiol 14:1020-8. 2007..This study was intended to evaluate the ADC of subcutaneous epidermal cysts of the head and neck in comparison with that of intracranial epidermoid cysts...
- [Clinical case #4. Atypical epidermoid cyst of the cerebellar vermis]F Bonneville
Fédération de Neuroradiologie, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris
J Radiol 86:523-6. 2005
- Epidermoid cyst of the brain stem symptomatic in childhoodIbrahim M Ziyal
Department of Neurosurgery, Hacettepe University, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 21:1025-9. 2005..They do not cause compression of neural and vascular structures initially that is why almost all of the cases in the literature are diagnosed during adulthood...
- Primary intracranial squamous cell carcinoma arising in an epidermoid cyst--a case report and review of literatureShipra Agarwal
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:888-91. 2007..A provisional diagnosis of dermoid cyst was considered. Histopathological examination revealed a squamous cell carcinoma possibly arising from an underlying epidermoid cyst. This entity is being reported for its rarity...
- Large extradural epidermoid tumor of the temporal bone and posterior fossa craniumD Luke Shellenberger
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1078, USA
Otol Neurotol 27:1043-4. 2006
- Intracranial cysts: radiologic-pathologic correlation and imaging approachAnne G Osborn
Department of Radiology, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103, USA
Radiology 239:650-64. 2006..A diagnostic algorithm based on most common anatomic locations is presented that helps narrow the differential diagnosis...
- Ruptured "giant" supratentorial dermoid cystD G Johnson
Department of Neurosurgery, Gold Coast Hospital, Southport, QLD, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 12:198-201. 2005..The distinction of large dermoid lesions as "giant" adds little to information regarding the natural history or prognosis of these lesions and should be abandoned...
- Intracranial epidermoid cyst with hemorrhage: MR imaging findingsC Y Chen
School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:427-9. 2006....
- Pauci-symptomatic large epidermoid cyst of cerebellopontine angle: case reportL Di Rienzo
Department of Otolaryngology, S Eugenio Hospital, Rome, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24:92-6. 2004....
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising from a presacral epidermoid cyst: CT and MR findingsDal Mo Yang
Department of Radiology, Kyung Hee University, East West Neo Medical Center, 149 Sangil dong, Gangdong gu, Seoul, 134 090, South Korea
Abdom Imaging 33:498-500. 2008..The squamous cell carcinoma was more hypointense than the cystic fluid on T1- and T2-weighted images and showed heterogeneous enhancement on contrast enhanced T1-weighted image...
- Epidermoid cysts of the fourth ventricle: very long follow up in 9 cases and review of the literatureA Tancredi
Department of Neurosurgery, S Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:905-10; discussion 910-1. 2003..Follow-up clinical and MR controls allow an earlier diagnosis of recurrence. Surgery of recurrent cysts can be more demanding; nonetheless, long term prognosis can be quite good for patients in well preserved neurological condition...
- [Diagnosis of intraosseous epidermoid of the posterior part of the skull by the diffusion imaging]S Dammert
Rofo 175:1272-3. 2003
- Cerebellopontine angle epidermoids presenting with cranial nerve hyperactive dysfunction: pathogenesis and long-term surgical results in 30 patientsHitoshi Kobata
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitano Medical Research Institute and Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Neurosurgery 50:276-85; discussion 285-6. 2002..To provide the characteristics and long-term surgical results of patients who present with cerebellopontine angle epidermoids and trigeminal neuralgia (TN) or hemifacial spasm...
- [Proton MRS in a case of intracerebellar epidermoid]Tomonori Isobe
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
No To Shinkei 54:163-6. 2002..Lac peak without other peaks such as NAA, Cr, Cho is a unique finding of proton MRS for epidermoid and this could be useful in the differential diagnosis...
- Bilateral epidermoid cysts of the testis: sonographic and MRI findingsGiuseppe Cittadini
Radiologia DICMI, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi, 8, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Clin Ultrasound 32:370-2. 2004..These imaging findings and the negative results of laboratory tests for tumor markers suggested the correct diagnosis, and testis-sparing surgery could be performed...
- [Epidermoid cyst of the cerebellopontine angle. A surgical series of 10 cases and review of the literature]A Lakhdar
Service de Neurochirurgie, CHU Ibn Rochd, Casablanca, Maroc
Neurochirurgie 49:13-24. 2003..Epidermoid cyst is a benign tumor. Total resection is the ideal treatment, but we have to be aware, taking into consideration the adherence of the tumor to neurovascular structures, of the risks at attempting total resection...
- [Surgery of intracranial epidermoid cysts. Report of 44 patients and review of the literature]M Lopes
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hospital de la Salpetriere, 75651 Paris Cedex, France
Neurochirurgie 48:5-13. 2002..Prolonged cerebral retraction could be one of the responsible factors. One of the technical proposals could be to perform a transparenchymal approach in selected patients...
- Epidermoid cyst of the spleenP Van Dyck
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
JBR-BTR 85:166-7. 2002
- [Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of acquired abnormalities of the inner ear and cerebello-pontine angle]S Grampp
Abteilung für Osteologie, Univ Klinik fur Radiodiagnostik, AKH Wien, Vienna, Austria
Radiologe 43:213-8. 2003..HRCT and MRI are not concurrent methods but should better be used as complementary methods for imaging acquired abnormalities of inner ear and cerebellopontine angle...
- Magnetic resonance imaging/spectroscopy of an intraaxial epidermoid: similarity to an abscess. Case illustrationCornelia S von Koch
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0112, USA
J Neurosurg 97:492. 2002
- [Epidermoid cyst of the fourth ventricle: four case reports]H Marin
Services de Radiologie, CHU de Hautepierre, 67098 Strasbourg, France
J Neuroradiol 29:146-52. 2002..DWI images are useful for postsurgical evaluation of residual tumor. Extension of the cyst into the CP angle cisterns usually precludes complete surgical resection...
- [Giant epidermoid cyst of the skull with extra and intracranial extension. A case report]A Akhaddar
Service de Neurochirurgie, hôpital militaire d instruction Mohamed V, Rabat, Maroc, France
J Neuroradiol 29:193-9. 2002..MRI is superior for evaluation of cerebral compression. The pathogenesis, clinical presentation, diagnostic evaluation and therapeutic management of these rare lesions are reviewed...
- Radiologic differentiation of intracranial epidermoids from arachnoid cystsSunil N Dutt
Departments of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham University, Birmingham, England, UK
Otol Neurotol 23:84-92. 2002..It is essential to differentiate the two conditions because they warrant different therapeutic interventions. The objective of this study is to elucidate the different radiologic characteristics of the conditions...
- [Developmental cysts in the presacral space in adults]E Martín Martín
Servicio de Cirugía General y del Aparato Digestivo Hospital de Basurto Bilbao España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:601-4. 2002..We describe two cases of presacral developmental cysts (one epidermoid cyst and one dermoid cyst) that presented in adulthood. Special attention is paid to the classification, and diagnostic and therapeutic problems of these tumors...
- Differential diagnosis of intracranial lesions with high signal on T1 or low signal on T2-weighted MRID R Warakaulle
Department of Radiology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
Clin Radiol 58:922-33. 2003..The nature of the MRI signal, together with the anatomical location of the lesion should allow the provision of a narrow differential diagnosis, before the use of intravenous contrast medium or additional imaging sequences...
- Midline (dermoid) cysts of the floor of the mouth: report of 16 cases and review of surgical techniquesFrancesco Longo
Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat Head and Neck Surgery, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Pascale
Plast Reconstr Surg 112:1560-5. 2003....
- [Intracranial epidermoid and dermoid cysts]M Gelabert-Gonzalez
Servicio de Neurocirugia, Hospital General de Galicia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Espana
Rev Neurol 27:777-82. 1998..Dermoid and epidermoid cysts are dysembryogenic tumors representing 1% of all intracranial tumors. They are characterized by slow growth, localization to the middle in relation to the basal cisterns and their benign course...
- Cerebellopontine angle epidermoid tumor presenting with hemifacial spasmsK Desai
Neurol India 51:288-9. 2003
- Intra-axial dermoid/epidermoid tumors of the brainstem in childrenM Caldarelli
Department of Neurosurgery, Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Surg Neurol 56:97-105. 2001..In fact, attempts at radical removal carry unacceptably high morbidity and mortality rates...
- Epidermoid cyst of the fourth ventricle: diffusion-weighted and flair MR imaging findingsK Mermuys
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
JBR-BTR 91:58-60. 2008..We present a case of a pathological proven less common fourth ventricle epidermoid cyst with special emphasis on the use of FLAIR and EPI-DW imaging sequences in the diagnosis...
- Expression of parathyroid hormone (PTH)-related peptide (PthrP) and PTH/PTHrP receptor in osteoclast-like giant cellsMasahiro Nakashima
Tissue and Histopathology Section, Division of Scientific Data Registry, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 199:85-92. 2003..5), reactive GC, including Langhans-type and foreign body-type in pulmonary tuberculosis (n = 8), and ruptured epidermal cyst (n = 14) in order to clarify whether their distribution pattern was unique to OCGC...
- MRI, not CT, to rule out recurrent cholesteatoma and avoid unnecessary second-look mastoidectomyLela Migirov
Department of Otolaryngology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 11:144-6. 2009Aural cholesteatoma is an epidermal cyst of the middle ear or mastoid that can be eradicated only by surgical resection. It is usually managed with radical or modified radical mastoidectomy...
- [Multimodal intraoperative electrophysiological monitoring during cerebellopontine angle tumor surgery. Benefit or loss?]Stanisław Kwiek
Kliniki Neurochirurgii Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Neurol Neurochir Pol 37:1047-62. 2003..95 procedures performed in group M, 57 were operations of acoustic neurinoma cases, 15 meningiomas, 8 cases of epidermal cyst, and 15 other growth processes in the cerebellopontine angle region...
- Subcutaneous dirofilariasis caused by Dirofilaria repens diagnosed by histopathologic and polymerase chain reaction analysisZlatko Marusic
Ljudevit Jurak University Department of Pathology, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Vinogradska cesta 29 HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 16:222-5. 2008..The nodule measured up to 1.2 cm in largest diameter. Under the clinical impression of an inflamed epidermal cyst or a subcutaneous abscess, surgical excision was performed...
- [The vulvar clinic]J Bornstein
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lady Davis Carmel Hospital, Haifa
Harefuah 119:413-6. 1990..The primary finding in 26 women referred for evaluation of a vulvar "tumor" was epidermal cyst. In only 55 (75.5%) of the 73 referred for suspected HPV lesions was the histologic diagnosis confirmatory...
- Expression of CD90 on keratinocyte stem/progenitor cellsY Nakamura
Division of Hematopoiesis, Research Center for Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Br J Dermatol 154:1062-70. 2006..Here, we report the detection of CD90(+) cells in cultured normal human epidermal keratinocytes and adult skin...
- Clinicopathologic features of epidermal cysts of the sole: comparison with traditional epidermal cysts and trichilemmal cystsYoshihiko Shimizu
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
J Cutan Pathol 32:280-5. 2005..In this study, we compared the clinicopathologic findings of epidermal cysts of the sole with those of traditional epidermal cysts and trichilemmal cysts...
- Growth of cholesteatoma by implantation of epithelial tissue along the femoral bone of ratsSandra Lira Bastos de Magalhaes
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 71:188-91. 2005Cholesteatoma is a well-known infection resembling a pearl. Its histological aspect is of an epidermal cyst formation characterized by epidermal-keratinized tissue in the middle ear and mastoid that can migrate and erode to adjacent ..
- Paratracheal cervical mass in a dogWalter Bertazzolo
Pronto Soccorso Veterinario, Lodi, Italy
Vet Clin Pathol 32:209-12. 2003..Immunohistochemistry or immunocytochemistry should be performed to differentiate medullary thyroid carcinoma from other endocrine/neuroendocrine tumors of dogs...
- Non-nuchal-type fibroma associated with Gardner's syndrome. A hitherto-unreported mesenchymal tumor different from fibromatosis and nuchal-type fibromaM Michal
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Charles University Pilsen, Czech Republic
Pathol Res Pract 196:857-60. 2000..One of these cutaneous tumors was excised and histologically diagnosed as an epidermal cyst. Both father and uncle of this patient suffered from Gardner's syndrome as well...
- Solitary giant molluscum contagiosum of the soleS J Ha
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Inchon
Pediatr Dermatol 15:222-4. 1998..giant molluscum contagiosum on the left sole of a 5-year-old boy, which should be clinically differentiated from plantar wart, eccrine poroma, epidermal cyst, foreign body granuloma, cryptococcal infection, and pyogenic granuloma.
- Dynamic expression and nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin during the development of hair follicle-derived structuresM Ridanpaa
Department of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, 72, 2333 AL, Wassenaarseweg, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 109:173-81. 2001..e. whiskers, normal body hair and the preputial gland, and a hair follicle-derived tumor, the epidermal cyst. We observed nuclear accumulation of beta-catenin, the hallmark of Wnt signaling, in the upper matrix, the ..
- Apocrine gland cyst with hemosiderotic dermatofibroma-like stroma: report of two casesSergio Gonzalez
Department of Pathology, Catholic University of Chile School of Medicine, Santiago, Chile
Am J Dermatopathol 27:36-8. 2005..male who presented with a forehead nodule of several years of evolution with a clinical diagnosis of epidermal cyst. Histologically, an ill-delimited non-encapsulated nodule composed of cystic spaces and solid areas was found...
- Gardner's syndrome associated fibromasMichal Michal
Department of Pathology, Charles University Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Pathol Int 54:523-6. 2004..in Case 1 were histologically identical to nuchal-type fibroma (NTF) and one lesion in this patient was an epidermal cyst. Case 2 had a lesion located in the soft tissues of the shoulder, which was morphologically similar to NTF and,..
- [Orbital diseases in childhood]I Sterker
Klinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Universitat Leipzig
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 223:59-67. 2006..Orbital diseases in childhood are rare and differ from orbital lesions occurring in adults. Most paediatric orbital tumours are benign, but rapid tumour growth can nevertheless threaten vision or lives...
- Uncommon benign intrascrotal tumoursE Chiong
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 33:351-5. 2004..Benign intrascrotal tumours are rare...
- Epidermal cyst of the clitoris: a rare cause of clitorimegalyA Schmidt
Children s Hospital, University of Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 87:163-5. 1999..They occur most commonly on the face, scalp, neck, and trunk. We report the unusual case of a 16-year-old girl with an epidermal cyst of the clitoris. The tumor was removed by local excision.
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- Transcriptional profiling in childhood diseasesWilliam Craigen; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will help in counseling, the development of potential therapies, and assessing long-term outcomes. ..
- Melanoma ChemopreventionRobert Dellavalle; Fiscal Year: 2006..His current career goals are completing a Masters of Science in Public Health and becoming an independent researcher in skin cancer prevention and control. ..
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..