Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diseases characterized by inflammation involving multiple muscles. This may occur as an acute or chronic condition associated with medication toxicity (DRUG TOXICITY); CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISEASES; infections; malignant NEOPLASMS; and other disorders. The term polymyositis is frequently used to refer to a specific clinical entity characterized by subacute or slowly progressing symmetrical weakness primarily affecting the proximal limb and trunk muscles. The illness may occur at any age, but is most frequent in the fourth to sixth decade of life. Weakness of pharyngeal and laryngeal muscles, interstitial lung disease, and inflammation of the myocardium may also occur. Muscle biopsy reveals widespread destruction of segments of muscle fibers and an inflammatory cellular response. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1404-9)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications262 found, 100 shown here
- Inflammatory myopathies: evaluation and managementSteven A Greenberg
Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Neurology, Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Brigham and Women sHospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Neurol 28:241-9. 2008The inflammatory myopathies, including dermatomyositis, inclusion body myositis, and polymyositis, are poorly understood autoimmune diseases affecting skeletal muscle...
- Dermatomyositis and polymyositis: Clinical presentation, autoantibodies, and pathogenesisANDREW L MAMMEN
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1184:134-53. 2010Dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) are autoimmune myopathies characterized clinically by proximal muscle weakness, muscle inflammation, extramuscular manifestations, and frequently, the presence of autoantibodies...
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositisMarinos C Dalakas
Neuromuscular Diseases Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1382, USA
Lancet 362:971-82. 2003..and demographic features, they can be differentiated into three major and distinct subsets: dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and inclusion-body myositis...
- Relationship between disease activity and type 1 interferon- and other cytokine-inducible gene expression in blood in dermatomyositis and polymyositisS A Greenberg
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Genes Immun 13:207-13. 2012..mRNA, disease activity and treatment effects in a longitudinal study of patients with dermatomyositis (DM) or polymyositis (PM). In all, 24 patients with DM or PM were followed for up to 6 years (mean of 1...
- p62/SQSTM1 is overexpressed and prominently accumulated in inclusions of sporadic inclusion-body myositis muscle fibers, and can help differentiating it from polymyositis and dermatomyositisAnna Nogalska
Department of Neurology, USC Neuromuscular Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90017 1912, USA
Acta Neuropathol 118:407-13. 2009..The prominent p62 immunohistochemical positivity and pattern diagnostically distinguish s-IBM from polymyositis and dermatomyositis...
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis associated with malignancy: a 30-year retrospective studyNobuo Wakata
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Dermatol 41:729-34. 2002b>Polymyositis and dermatomyositis in association with malignancy are paraneoplastic syndromes, but the incidence, treatment and factors that predict associated cancer and its prognosis all remain unclear.
- Validation of manual muscle testing and a subset of eight muscles for adult and juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesLisa G Rider
Environmental Autoimmunity Group, Office of Clinical Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1301, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:465-72. 2010To validate manual muscle testing (MMT) for strength assessment in juvenile and adult dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM).
- Idiopathic inflammatory myopathy associated with malignancy: a retrospective cohort of 151 Korean patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositisMin Wook So
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Rheumatol 38:2432-5. 2011To define the standardized incidence ratio (SIR) of malignancy and factors associated with malignancies in Korean patients with dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM).
- Review: An update on inflammatory and autoimmune myopathiesM C Dalakas
Department of Neurosciences, Imperial College, London, UK
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 37:226-42. 2011..an update on the diagnosis of the main subtypes of inflammatory myopathies including dermatomyositis (DM), polymyositis (PM), necrotizing autoimmune myositis (NAM) and sporadic inclusion body myositis (sIBM)...
- Rituximab in the treatment of refractory adult and juvenile dermatomyositis and adult polymyositis: a randomized, placebo-phase trialChester V Oddis
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:314-24. 2013..To assess the safety and efficacy of rituximab in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-phase trial in adult and pediatric myositis patients...
- Incidence, cancer risk and mortality of dermatomyositis and polymyositis in Taiwan: a nationwide population studyC F Kuo
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 165:1273-9. 2011Nationwide data on the epidemiology of dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) were limited.
- Altered cytokine expression of peripheral blood lymphocytes in polymyositis and dermatomyositisM Aleksza
Third Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Centre, Debrecen, Hungary
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1485-9. 2005To investigate the intracellular and soluble cytokine levels and T cell subsets in peripheral blood of patients with active and inactive polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
- Interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositisM Hirakata
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Opin Rheumatol 12:501-8. 2000Interstitial lung disease (ILD) is common in patients with polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM), and is a major cause of morbidity. Although its cause is unknown, it is known to be closely associated with autoimmune disorders...
- Epidemiology of sporadic inclusion body myositis and polymyositis in Olmsted County, MinnesotaFloranne C Wilson
Division of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Rheumatol 35:445-7. 2008To determine the incidence and prevalence of sporadic inclusion body myositis (sIBM) and polymyositis (PM) in a population-based study.
- Incidence of malignant disease in biopsy-proven inflammatory myopathy. A population-based cohort studyR Buchbinder
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Suite 41, Cabrini Medical Centre, 183 Wattletree Road, Malvern, Victoria, Australia 3144
Ann Intern Med 134:1087-95. 2001..Such issues as the legitimacy of a myositis diagnosis and distinction among myositis subgroups in previous population-based studies remain unresolved...
- Survival analysis of patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis: analysis of 192 Chinese casesKuang Hui Yu
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 5, Fu Shin St, Kuei Shan 333, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Clin Rheumatol 30:1595-601. 2011To estimate the mortality rate and identify factors predicting survival in patients with polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Incidence and predictive factors for malignancies in 136 Japanese patients with dermatomyositis, polymyositis and clinically amyopathic dermatomyositisKohei Azuma
Division of Rheumatology and Allergology, Department of Internal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, 216 8511, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 21:178-83. 2011..A total of 145 patients diagnosed with either dermatomyositis/polymyositis (DM/PM) or CADM at our institute between 1984 and 2002 were enrolled in the study...
- Interleukin-18 overexpression as a hallmark of the activity of autoimmune inflammatory myopathiesM Tucci
DIMO, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 146:21-31. 2006..the role of interleukin (IL)-18 in patients with inflammatory myopathies (IM) such as dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) in relation to the possible predominance of a Th1 immune response in their pathogenesis...
- Estimating the prevalence of polymyositis and dermatomyositis from administrative data: age, sex and regional differencesS Bernatsky
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1192-6. 2009To estimate the prevalence of polymyositis and dermatomyositis using population-based administrative data, the sensitivity of case ascertainment approaches and patient demographics and these parameters.
- Role of endothelial damage in the pathogenesis of interstitial pneumonitis in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositisMasanori Funauchi
Department of Neurology and Rheumatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Rheumatol 33:903-6. 2006b>Polymyositis and dermatomyositis (PM/DM) are often complicated by interstitial pneumonitis (IP), which is an important cause of death...
- Interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositis: longitudinal evaluation by pulmonary function and radiologyMaryam Fathi
Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 59:677-85. 2008To estimate predictors and long-term outcome of interstitial lung disease (ILD) in patients with polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM).
- Therapeutic effects of interleukin-6 blockade in a murine model of polymyositis that does not require interleukin-17ANaoko Okiyama
Department of Medicine and Rheumatology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 60:2505-12. 2009To explore new molecular targets in the treatment of polymyositis (PM) by examining a recently established murine model of PM, C protein-induced myositis (CIM), for involvement of an interleukin-6 (IL-6)/IL-17A pathway.
- Damage extent and predictors in adult and juvenile dermatomyositis and polymyositis as determined with the myositis damage indexLisa G Rider
Environmental Autoimmunity Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1301, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:3425-35. 2009..We undertook this study to validate the Myositis Damage Index (MDI) in juvenile and adult myositis, to describe the degree and types of damage and to develop predictors of damage...
- Type I interferon and Toll-like receptor expression characterizes inflammatory myopathiesC Cappelletti
Department of Neurology IV, Neurological Institute Foundation Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
Neurology 76:2079-88. 2011Juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM), adult dermatomyositis, and polymyositis (PM) are idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIMs) characterized by muscle infiltration and specific muscle fiber alterations...
- Polymyositis-dermatomyositis-associated interstitial lung diseaseW W Douglas
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 164:1182-5. 2001We report findings in 70 patients with both diffuse interstitial lung disease and either polymyositis (PM) or dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Role of cytokines and chemokines in idiopathic inflammatory myopathiesBoel De Paepe
Department of Neurology and Neuromuscular Reference Center, Laboratory for Myopathology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:610-6. 2009..This review focuses on the most recent data and the new insight they provide for the disease mechanisms of dermatomyositis, polymyositis and sporadic inclusion body myositis.
- Immunolocalization of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and its receptors in inflammatory myopathiesJ L De Bleecker
Neurology Department, University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Neuromuscul Disord 9:239-46. 1999..We immunolocalized TNF-alpha and its receptors in polymyositis, inclusion body myositis and dermatomyositis...
- T cell infiltrates in the muscles of patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis are dominated by CD28null T cellsAndreas E R Fasth
Rheumatology Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine L8 04, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm S 171 76, Sweden
J Immunol 183:4792-9. 2009Dermatomyositis and polymyositis are disabling rheumatic diseases characterized by an appreciable number of T cells infiltrating muscle tissue. The precise phenotype, function and specificity of these cells remain elusive...
- Immunotherapy of myositis: issues, concerns and future prospectsMarinos C Dalakas
Imperial College London, Burlington Danes Building, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Office E517, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Nat Rev Rheumatol 6:129-37. 2010The main inflammatory myopathies within the myositis group include polymyositis, dermatomyositis and inclusion-body myositis (IBM)...
- Unusually high frequency of autoantibodies to PL-7 associated with milder muscle disease in Japanese patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositisYoshioki Yamasaki
University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2004-9. 2006..PL-7), alanyl (PL-12), glycyl (EJ), and isoleucyl (OJ), are closely associated with a subset of patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositis (PM/DM) complicated by interstitial lung disease (ILD)...
- Plasma cells in muscle in inclusion body myositis and polymyositisS A Greenberg
Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Neurology 65:1782-7. 2005Previous immunohistochemical studies of muscle from patients with inclusion body myositis and polymyositis found many more T cells than B cells, suggesting a role for intramuscular cell-mediated immune mechanisms rather than humoral ..
- Risk of cancer in patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis, and follow-up implications: a Scottish population-based cohort studyD Stockton
Scottish Cancer Intelligence Unit, Information and Statistics Division, Trinity Park House, Edinburgh, EH5 3SQ
Br J Cancer 85:41-5. 2001..population-based cohort study of 705 patients hospitalized with a first diagnosis of dermatomyositis (DM) or polymyositis (PM) during 1982-1996 based on linkage of hospital discharge, cancer registration, and death records in ..
- Differences in clinical features and prognosis of interstitial lung diseases between polymyositis and dermatomyositisTomoyuki Fujisawa
Second Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Rheumatol 32:58-64. 2005To assess the difference in clinical features and prognosis of patients with interstitial lung disease (ILD) comparing polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM).
- Immune mechanisms in polymyositis and dermatomyositis and potential targets for therapyPaulius Venalis
CMM Foundation, Karolinska University Hospital L8 04, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 53:397-405. 2014..Such information will be important for the development of new therapies. ..
- Cutting edge issues in polymyositisAnna Ghirardello
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Italy
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 41:179-89. 2011..IIM are classified into three major forms: polymyositis (PM), dermatomyositis (DM), and inclusion body myositis...
- Monocyte/macrophage differentiation in dermatomyositis and polymyositisKevin M Rostasy
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Muscle Nerve 30:225-30. 2004..groups of inflammatory myopathies, the muscle biopsies of 11 patients with dermatomyositis and 12 patients with polymyositis were studied using different macrophage markers...
- Type 1 interferons and myositisSteven A Greenberg
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuromuscular Disease, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:S4. 2010..In the group of disorders known as polymyositis, the study of blood samples suggests a potential role...
- Distribution and severity of weakness among patients with polymyositis, dermatomyositis and juvenile dermatomyositisM O Harris-Love
George Washington University, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:134-9. 2009..The secondary objectives included characterizing individual muscle group weakness and determining associations of weakness with functional status and myositis characteristics in this large cohort of patients with myositis...
- Skeletal muscle fibers express major histocompatibility complex class II antigens independently of inflammatory infiltrates in inflammatory myopathiesP Englund
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Pathol 159:1263-73. 2001..performed a systematic study of MHC class II antigen expression on muscle fiber membranes in muscle tissue from polymyositis and dermatomyositis patients in various stages of disease activity...
- Interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositis: clinical course and response to treatmentArmin Schnabel
Department of Poliklinik für Rheumatologie, Universität Lübeck and Rheumaklinik, Bad Bramstedt, Germany
Semin Arthritis Rheum 32:273-84. 2003..prevalence, clinical characteristics, and treatment options of patients with interstitial lung disease (ILD) in polymyositis and dermatomyositis (PM/DM)...
- Reduced oxidative phosphorylation and proton efflux suggest reduced capillary blood supply in skeletal muscle of patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositis: a quantitative 31P-magnetic resonance spectroscopy and MRI studyGabriel Cea
MRC Biochemical and Clinical Magnetic Resonance Unit, Department of Biochemistry, Radcliffe Infirmary, University of Oxford, UK
Brain 125:1635-45. 2002..were used to investigate skeletal muscle metabolism in vivo in patients with dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) in order to evaluate the role of mitochondrial abnormalities in the pathogenesis and clinical expression ..
- Cancer risks of dermatomyositis and polymyositis: a nationwide cohort study in TaiwanYi Ju Chen
Department of Dermatology, National Yang Ming University, NO, 155, Sec, 2, Linong Street, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R70. 2010..Our aim was to investigate the risk of cancer among IIM patients without a prior history of malignancies, in Taiwan...
- Renal involvement in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositisT H Yen
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Clin Pract 59:188-93. 2005Renal involvement in patients with polymyositis (PM)/dermatomyositis (DM) is previously thought to be uncommon, but two main types of renal lesion have been described...
- Diagnostic criteria for polymyositis and dermatomyositisFrederick W Miller
Lancet 362:1762-3; author reply 1763. 2003
- Activation of pulmonary T cells in corticosteroid-resistant and -sensitive interstitial pneumonitis in dermatomyositis/polymyositisK Kurasawa
Department of Internal Medicine II, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba City, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 129:541-8. 2002..in corticosteroid-resistant and corticosteroid-sensitive interstitial pneumonitis (IP) in dermatomyositis (DM)/polymyositis (PM), we examined the activation markers and cytokine profiles of T cells in bronchoalveolar lavage fluids (..
- Prevalence of 52-kd and 60-kd Ro/SS-A autoantibodies in Japanese patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositisMasahide Kubo
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:148-51. 2002To determine the prevalence of 52-kd and 60-kd Ro/SS-A antibodies in Japanese patients with polymyositis/dermatomyositis, we examined serum samples from 61 patients with PM/DM, 10 patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome, and 25 healthy ..
- Interrelation of inflammation and APP in sIBM: IL-1 beta induces accumulation of beta-amyloid in skeletal muscleJens Schmidt
Neuromuscular Diseases Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Brain 131:1228-40. 2008..Expression of markers relevant for these pathomechanisms were analysed in biopsies of sIBM, polymyositis (PM), dermatomyositis (DM), dystrophic and non-myopathic muscle as controls, and cultured human myotubes...
- Lymphocyte subsets in lung tissues of interstitial pneumonia associated with untreated polymyositis/dermatomyositisI Yamadori
Department of Clinical Pathology, National Okayama Medical Center, Japan
Rheumatol Int 21:89-93. 2001..obtained by surgical lung biopsy from 12 patients with interstitial pneumonia associated with untreated polymyositis/dermatomyositis (PM/DM)...
- Severe perturbations of the blood T cell repertoire in polymyositis, but not dermatomyositis patientsO Benveniste
, , and Laboratoire de Neuropathologie, , Paris, France
J Immunol 167:3521-9. 2001b>Polymyositis and dermatomyositis are diseases characterized by muscle weakness and muscle inflammatory infiltrates. Their pathogenesis remains unclear...
- Therapy of polymyositis and dermatomyositisIsabelle Marie
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, and INSERM U905, University of Rouen IFRMP, Institute for Biochemical Research, Rouen, France
Autoimmun Rev 11:6-13. 2011Because polymyositis and dermatomyositis (PM/DM) are uncommon conditions, few randomized placebo controlled studies have been performed in these patients...
- Polymyositis and dermatomyositis in Sarawak: a profile of patients treated in the Sarawak General HospitalC L Teh
Unit of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Sarawak General Hospital, Jalan Hospital, 93450 Kuching, Sarawak, East Malaysia
Rheumatol Int 32:265-8. 2012We performed a cross-sectional study of the demography, clinical and laboratory features of patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositis followed up in our centre from 2006 to 2009. There were 12 cases, with the majority of them (58...
- The role of MRI in the assessment of polymyositis and dermatomyositisJ Tomasová Studýnková
Institute of Rheumatology, Na Slupi 4, 12850 Praha 2, Czech Republic
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1174-9. 2007..The aim of this study is to better evaluate the relationship of MR image of thigh muscles to clinical and histological parameters in patients with IIM...
- Dysferlin deficiency treated like refractory polymyositisJulien Vinit
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Disease, Hopital General, Dijon University Hospital, 3 rue Faubourg Raines, 21033 Dijon Cedex, France
Clin Rheumatol 29:103-6. 2010When an adult suffers from muscular symptoms, the diagnosis of polymyositis is often accepted if muscular biopsy reveals necrosis, fibrosis and cellular infiltrate with high expression of major histocompatibility complex class I...
- Polymyositis/dermatomyositis and interstitial lung disease: a new therapeutic approach with T-cell-specific immunosuppressantsKazuki Takada
Department of Medicine and Rheumatology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Autoimmunity 38:383-92. 2005Interstitial lung disease (ILD) is a common complication of polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM), and accounts for a significant proportion of their morbidity and mortality because of the resistance to therapeutic agents including ..
- Prognosis and mortality of polymyositis and dermatomyositis patientsA Airio
Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Heinola, Finland
Clin Rheumatol 25:234-9. 2006The objective of this study was to assess the long-term outcome of polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM) and the factors predictive of this outcome in a nationwide series in Finland...
- The diagnostic utility of myositis autoantibody testing for predicting the risk of cancer-associated myositisHector Chinoy
Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, The University of Manchester, Salford, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1345-9. 2007There is a known association between myositis and cancer. The risk is greater in dermatomyositis (DM) than polymyositis (PM), although reliable methods to predict cancer risk in specific patients with myositis are not presently available...
- Interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositisI Marie
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rouen Boisguillaume, Rouen Cedex, France
Arthritis Rheum 47:614-22. 2002To assess prevalence, characteristics, and long-term outcome of interstitial lung disease (ILD) in polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Anatomic localization of immature and mature dendritic cell subsets in dermatomyositis and polymyositis: Interaction with chemokines and Th1 cytokine-producing cellsGuillaume Page
INSERM U403, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Arthritis Rheum 50:199-208. 2004To clarify the involvement of dendritic cells (DCs), chemokines, and proinflammatory Th1 cytokines in the pathogenesis of the chronic muscle diseases dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM).
- Malignancies associated with dermatomyositis and polymyositis in Taiwan: a nationwide population-based studyY L Huang
Department of Dermatology, National Yang Mind University, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 161:854-60. 2009..Previous studies showed that idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIM) carried an increased risk of cancers. However, no large-scale study of IIM has been conducted in the Chinese population...
- Interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositisMaryam Fathi
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Curr Opin Rheumatol 17:701-6. 2005The purpose of this review is to discuss current concepts regarding management of interstitial lung disease in polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
- Type I interferon-inducible gene expression in blood is present and reflects disease activity in dermatomyositis and polymyositisRonan J Walsh
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3784-92. 2007....
- Association of the proinflammatory haplotype (MICA5.1/TNF2/TNFa2/DRB1*03) with polymyositis and dermatomyositisAdla B Hassan
Arthritis Rheum 50:1013-5. 2004
- Routine vs extensive malignancy search for adult dermatomyositis and polymyositis: a study of 40 patientsAgnes Sparsa
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Limoges, Limoges, France
Arch Dermatol 138:885-90. 2002To identify potential risk factors and the yield of routine screens for early detection of malignancy associated with dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM).
- Polymyositis, pulmonary fibrosis and malignant lymphoma associated with hepatitis C virus infectionY Aisa
Department of Internal Medicine, Kitasato Medical Center Hospital, Kitamoto, Saitama
Intern Med 40:1109-12. 2001b>Polymyositis has been associated with various viral infections, and a spectrum of immune-related diseases may occur with hepatitis C (HCV) infection. Both polymyositis and HCV infection may be accompanied by pulmonary fibrosis...
- Identification of a SmD3 epitope with a single symmetrical dimethylation of an arginine residue as a specific target of a subpopulation of anti-Sm antibodiesMichael Mahler
Dr Fooke Laboratorien GmbH, Neuss, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R19-29. 2005..Thus, anti-SMP detection using ELISA represents a new serological marker with which to diagnose and discriminate between systemic autoimmune disorders...
- Expression of TLR2, TLR4, and TLR9 in dermatomyositis and polymyositisGeun Tae Kim
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, 1 10, Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan, South Korea
Clin Rheumatol 29:273-9. 2010..IL17), and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) in muscle tissues of patients with dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM)...
- Dermatomyositis and polymyositis associated with malignancy: a 21-year retrospective studyCsilla Andras
Department of Oncology and Division of Clinical Immunology, 3rd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Debrecen, Hungary
J Rheumatol 35:438-44. 2008To analyze clinical and laboratory data of patients diagnosed with dermato- or polymyositis between 1985 and 2006, retrospectively, with particular emphasis on association with malignant diseases.
- Polymyositis during pegylated alpha-interferon ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitisAnil John
Indian J Gastroenterol 26:147-8. 2007
- Polymyositis associated with infliximab treatment for rheumatoid arthritisYukitomo Urata
Mod Rheumatol 16:410-1. 2006
- A case of polymyositis and vasculitis induced by ovulation induction therapy with gonadotropin-releasing hormoneIvica Lazúrová
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Faculty, P J Safarik University Kosice, Trieda SNP 1, 04011, Kosice, Slovakia
Clin Rheumatol 29:1327-30. 2010..We report a case of vasculitis and histologically proven severe polymyositis developed 5 days after GnRH administration due to ovulation induction in an infertile patient with no previous ..
- Malignancies in Korean patients with inflammatory myopathySang Won Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:519-23. 2006The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence and the common type of malignancies in Korean patients with polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM) and to evaluate the differences of clinical and laboratory findings between patients ..
- [Polymyositis induced or associated with lipid-lowering drugs: five cases]A L Fauchais
Service de Medecine Interne A, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Rev Med Interne 25:294-8. 2004..Less than ten cases of dermatomyositis and polymyositis due to cholesterol-lowering drugs (CLD) have been previously reported...
- Arterial events in persons with dermatomyositis and polymyositisAnnaliese Tisseverasinghe
Department of Medicine, Internal Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Rheumatol 36:1943-6. 2009To assess arterial events in dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM), and associated factors.
- Polymyositis: an overdiagnosed entityWalter G Bradley
Neurology 63:402; author reply 403. 2004
- Severe polymyositis and flare in autoimmunity following treatment with adalimumab in a patient with overlapping features of polyarthritis and sclerodermaE Liozon
Scand J Rheumatol 36:484-6. 2007
- Anti-Jo-1 antibody positive polymyositis--successful therapy with leflunomideUwe Lange
Kerckhoff Clinic, University of Giessen, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Autoimmunity 39:261-4. 2006Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IM), including dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM), are a group of systemic rheumatologic diseases of unknown etiology characterized by chronic myositis...
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) associated lymphoepithelioma-like thymic carcinoma associated with paraneoplastic syndrome of polymyositis: a rare tumor with rare associationBhasker R Koppula
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Clin Nucl Med 34:686-8. 2009..We report a case of rare association of paraneoplastic syndrome of polymyositis with lymphoepithelioma-like thymic carcinoma...
- Association of polymyositis with rheumatoid arthritisE Martinez-Cordero
National Institute of Respiratory Disease, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Rheumatol Int 20:119-23. 2001The association of polymyositis (PM) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is described in a 40-year-old female Mexican patient who was studied for a long period of time...
- Severe polymyositis due to Toxoplasma gondii in an adult immunocompetent patient: a case report and review of the literatureG Cuomo
Infectious Disease Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Infection 41:859-62. 2013..We report the case of a 38-year-old immunocompetent male with a polymyositis as the presenting manifestation of T. gondii infection...
- A phase 1b clinical trial evaluating sifalimumab, an anti-IFN-α monoclonal antibody, shows target neutralisation of a type I IFN signature in blood of dermatomyositis and polymyositis patientsBrandon W Higgs
MedImmune, LLC, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 73:256-62. 2014..of sifalimumab, an investigational anti-IFN-α monoclonal antibody, in the blood and muscle of adult dermatomyositis and polymyositis patients by measuring neutralisation of a type I IFN gene signature (IFNGS) following drug exposure.
- Frequency of specific cancer types in dermatomyositis and polymyositis: a population-based studyC L Hill
Boston University Arthritis Center, MA 02118-2394, USA
Lancet 357:96-100. 2001BACKGROUND: Dermatomyositis and polymyositis are associated with cancer, but previous nationwide studies have not had sufficient cases to test the association between myositis and specific cancer types...
- [Dermatomyositis and polymyositis]J F Pellissier
Laboratoire de Biopathologie Nerveuse et Musculaire, EA 3281, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille, France
Rev Neurol (Paris) 158:934-47. 2002Dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) are the two main forms of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies...
- Serum levels of soluble ST2 and interleukin-33 in patients with dermatomyositis and polymyositisLin Yuan
Department of Rheumatology, 1st Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:428-32. 2013The purpose of this study is to determine whether soluble ST2 (sST2) and interleukin (IL)-33 is involved in dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM).
- Polymyositis in patients taking antiviral clevudine therapy: a report of two casesChung Yong Yang
Department of 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Wonkwang University College of Medicine, Iksan, Korea
NeuroRehabilitation 26:159-62. 2010..Drug-induced polymyositis was suspected and the clevudine was finally withdrawn...
- The development of fatal myocarditis and polymyositis in mice heterozygous for IFN-gamma and lacking the SOCS-1 geneD Metcalf
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and the Cooperative Research Centre for Cellular Growth Factors, Post Office, Royal Melbourne Hospital, 3050 Victoria, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:9174-9. 2000....
- Polymyositis, dermatomyositis, and autoimmune necrotizing myopathy: clinical featuresSabiha Khan
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Mason F Lord Center Tower, Suite 4100, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 37:143-58, v. 2011..The 3 most common inflammatory myopathies are polymyositis (PM), dermatomyositis (DM), and inclusion body myositis...
- A case of polymyositis with dilated cardiomyopathy associated with interferon alpha treatment for hepatitis BSeung Won Lee
The Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University, 17 Haengdong dong, Seongdong Gu, Seoul 133 792, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 17:141-3. 2002b>Polymyositis is a rare complication of interferon alpha treatment as a result of immune-modulating role of the drug itself...
- Interleukin-18 is a key mediator in dermatomyositis: potential contribution to development of interstitial lung diseaseTakahisa Gono
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1878-81. 2010..To determine whether IL-18 is involved in the inflammation of DM and PM...
- Infectious complications in polymyositis and dermatomyositis: a series of 279 patientsIsabelle Marie
Department of Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, Rouen, France
Semin Arthritis Rheum 41:48-60. 2011To assess the prevalence and characteristics of severe pyogenic, nonpyogenic, and opportunistic infections in polymyositis and dermatomyositis (PM/DM) patients and to evaluate the predictive values for infections on clinical presentation ..
- Chronic graft-versus-host disease manifesting as polymyositis: an uncommon presentationD R Couriel
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:543-6. 2002..b>Polymyositis can occur in association with chronic GVHD and mimics the idiopathic form of the disease...
- High association of mycobacterial infections with polymyositis in a non-endemic country for tuberculosisAntti Airio
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1404-5. 2007
- Polymyositis-dermatomyositis and infectionsSandra Zampieri
University of Padova, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Italy
Autoimmunity 39:191-6. 2006..This review focused on the possible role of infectious agents as triggers of autoimmunity in polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM)...
- Malignancy is associated with dermatomyositis but not polymyositis in Northern New England, USABrendan B Antiochos
Department of Rheumatology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 97239 3098, USA
J Rheumatol 36:2704-10. 2009..To retrospectively evaluate the association of idiopathic inflammatory myopathy (IIM) and malignancy in patients seen at 1 academic center over a 23-year period...
- Interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor α blockade treatment of experimental polymyositis in miceTakahiko Sugihara
Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 64:2655-62. 2012..discern the significance of interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα) as therapeutic targets in polymyositis (PM) by studying their involvement and the effects of their blockade in C protein-induced myositis (CIM), a ..
- Fatal Mycobacterium peregrinum pneumonia in refractory polymyositis treated with infliximabI Marie
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1201-2. 2005
- Difference in adhesion molecule expression (ICAM-1 and VCAM-1) in juvenile and adult dermatomyositis, polymyositis and inclusion body myositisAdriana M E Sallum
Department of Pediatrics University of São Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Autoimmun Rev 5:93-100. 2006..In contrast, VCAM-1 seems not to play a major role in JDM, as previously described in PM, DM and IBM. Adhesion molecule expression in JDM presents a differential characteristic when compared to PM, DM and IBM...
- Difference in B cell activation between dermatomyositis and polymyositis: analysis of the expression of RP105 on peripheral blood B cellsY Kikuchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 60:1137-40. 2001..It has previously been shown that RP105, a new B cell surface protein, is lost in activated human B cells...
- [New diagnostic criteria and measuring outcome in polymyositis and dermatomyositis]P Cherin
Rev Med Interne 26:361-7. 2005
- [Current therapy for polymyositis and dermatomyositis]P Cherin
Service de Medecine Interne I, Hopital Salpetriere, 47, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Rev Med Interne 29:9-14. 2008b>Polymyositis (PM), dermatomyositis (DM) and sporadic inclusion body myositis (s-IBM) are severe inflammatory muscle disorders of unknown cause, which may present life-threatening complications...
- [Polymyositis and dermatomyositis in adults. Tunisian multicentre study]S Toumi
Service de Medecine Interne, CHU Sahloul, 4054, route de Ceinture, Sousse, Tunisia
Rev Med Interne 30:747-53. 2009To study the clinical features and the outcome of polymyositis (PM) and dermatomyositis (DM) in Tunisia.
- Functional index-2: Validity and reliability of a disease-specific measure of impairment in patients with polymyositis and dermatomyositisHelene Alexanderson
Physical Therapy Department, Rheumatology Unit D2 07, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 55:114-22. 2006..To revise the content of the Functional Index in myositis (FI) and to evaluate measurement properties of a revised FI...
- Post-9/11 Incidence of Systemic Autoimmune Diseases in the FDNY CohortMayris P Webber; Fiscal Year: 2013..syndrome (APS), systemic sclerosis (SSc;both diffuse and limited), inflammatory myositis (dermatomyositis, polymyositis, or inclusion-body myositis), Sjogren's syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and non-RA inflammatory ..
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..determine whether rituximab is an effective treatment for adult and pediatric patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis. Study hypotheses: 1) The time to improvement in Group A patients (receiving rituximab first) will occur ..
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..determine whether rituximab is an effective treatment for adult and pediatric patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis. Study hypotheses: 1) The time to improvement in Group A patients (receiving rituximab first) will occur ..
- Multiparametric Classification of Muscle Damage in Inflammatory MyopathyJane Park; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): The idiopathic inflammatory myopathies (IIM), including dermatomyositis (DM), polymyositis (PM), and inclusion body myositis (IBM), are autoimmune diseases resulting in muscle inflammation, weakness, ..
- Regulation of Pulmonary Fibrosis by CXCR3PAUL WESLEY NOBLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..diseases such as those associated with connective tissue diseases such as scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis and polymyositis. Pulmonary fibrosis also occurs in diseases that are not characterized by the same degree of interstitial ..
- Rheumatic Disease Sera: Probes of Disease MechanismsLivia A Casciola-Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2012..This application will identify these novel autoantigens, define their expression patterns in polymyositis and dermatomyositis and whether antigen expression and immune response are related in individual patients (..
- Effect of Aging on Lateral Transmission of Force in Skeletal MuscleYingxin Gao; Fiscal Year: 2012..with muscular dystrophy, muscle trauma, and injury and disease associated with ECM abnormities, such as polymyositis and sclerosis PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The objective of this study is to examine the effect of aging on the ..
- Regulation and Gene Expression of Yeast Cytochrome cFred Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2010..have direct bearings to normal and pathological conditions of humans, including, for example, diseases such as polymyositis and scleroderma, which have diminutions in Rrp6p...
- INTEGRIN-DEPENDENT T CELL-MEDIATED MECHANISMS OF PULMONARY FIBROSISIrina G Luzina; Fiscal Year: 2010..in patients with autoimmune rheumatic diseases such as scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, dermatomyositis and polymyositis. The mechanisms of lung fibrosis are complex and poorly understood, and modern therapies are utterly inadequate...
- Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies: Improving Diagnosis and Predicting OutcomesLisa Christopher Stine; Fiscal Year: 2010..Allan Gelber, Antony Rosen, and Paul Plotz. IIM, including dermatomyositis, polymyositis, and inclusion body myositis, constitute the largest subset of acquired myopathies and often affect adults in ..
- The role of the dermatomyositis autoantigen MI-2 in muscle regenerationANDREW L MAMMEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..These diseases, which include dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM), are characterized by muscle weakness, muscle inflammation, and autoantibodies...
- 2nd International Pathogenesis of Rare Neuroimmunologic DisordersDouglas Kerr; Fiscal Year: 2006..in which there is an immunemediated[unreadable] injury of the nervous system that include the following: polymyositis, myasthenia gravis (MG),[unreadable] inflammatory polyneuropathies, transverse myelitis, HTLV-1 associated ..
- MICROSENSOR FOR INTRAMUSCULAR PRESSURE MEASUREMENTKenton R Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. motor neuron disease, peripheral neuropathy), disorders of neuromuscular transmission (e.g. myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome) and myopathies (e.g. muscular dystrophies, polymyositis, metabolic myopathies).
- Mechanisms of Response and Relapse in Rituximab-treated Myositis PatientsChester V Oddis; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Autoimmune (AI) inflammatory muscle diseases (myositis) include polymyositis (PM), adult dermatomyositis (DM) and juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM)...
- Pathogenesis of Rare Neuroimmunologic DisordersDouglas Kerr; Fiscal Year: 2004..There are a variety of rare neuroimmunologic disorders: polymyositis, myasthenia gravis, CIDP, transverse myelitis, TSP/HAM, stiff person syndrome, neuromyelitis optica, optic ..
- NUCLEAR PATHWAY FOR MESSENGER RNA DEGRADATION IN YEASTJames Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..protein Rrp6p is a nuclear riboexonuclease homologous to an autoantigen produced in patients suffering from Polymyositis Scleroderma Overlap Syndrome (PM-Sc1), as well as to the Werner's and Bloom's syndrome proteins implicated in ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF AUTOANTIBODIESENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, Sjogren's syndrome, mixed connective tissue disease, dermatomyositis and polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis and drug-induced lupus...
- DEFINITION OF AUTOIMMUNE RESPONSES IN POLYMYOSITISMorris Reichlin; Fiscal Year: 1992..Thus, antibodies to Jol (histidyl tRNA synthetase) occur principally in polymyositis associated with interstitial lung disease...
- RHEUMATIC DISEASE--CORE CENTERPeter Schur; Fiscal Year: 1992..definition of genes involved in the immunoregulation of ANA; (14) definition of the genes associated with in polymyositis; (15) determination of the clinical efficacy of dietary fish oil in rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis and on ..
- MULTIPURPOSE ARTHRITIS CENTERCharles Christian; Fiscal Year: 1980..The relationship between toxoplasmosis and the pathogenesis of polymyositis will be explored via studies of humoral and cellular immunity to Toxoplasma gondii...
- STRUCTURE AND AUTOIMMUNOGENIC POTENTIAL OF THE TH SNRNPJoseph Craft; Fiscal Year: 1992..of these responses is closely linked to the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, polymyositis, and related syndromes. The work will characterize a newly-identified snRNP known as the Th particle...
- AUTOANTIBODIES IN DERMATOMYOSITISIra Targoff; Fiscal Year: 1993Dermatomyositis (DM) and polymyositis (PM) are related autoimmune inflammatory myopathies, but there are significant clinical, pathological and immunological differences...
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF EXPERIMENTAL ALLERGIC MYOSITISAbdolmohamad Rostami; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Polymyositis is an acquired inflammatory myopathy of man. Several lines of evidence suggest that immune mechanisms may be involved in the pathogenesis of the muscle fiber injury and degeneration in human polymyositis...
- AUTOANTIBODIES IN SLE AND POLYMYOSITITSMorris Reichlin; Fiscal Year: 1992Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and Polymyositis (PM) are two disorders associated with disease specific autoantibodies. In SLE, a family of immune responses against several RNAprotein particles is characteristic of the disease...
- IMMUNE RESPONSE TO THYMIC ANTIGENS IN POLYMYOSITISMorris Reichlin; Fiscal Year: 1980..recently made observation that are antibody responses to thymic antigens specific for the dermatomyositis and polymyositis syndromes...
- MECHANISMS OF COXASACKIEVIRUS INDUCED POLYMYOSITISRonald Messner; Fiscal Year: 1992The induction of chronic polymyositis in mice by Coxsackievirus B1 (CVB1) provides a useful model of virus-induced autoimmunity and is highly relevant to human disease in that the clinical course and histopathology closely resemble human ..
- Gene Expression in Inflammatory MyopathiesSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work may provide further diagnostic approaches to these disorders and contribute to the understanding of their pathogenesis. ..
- A Pilot Study of Etanercept in DermatomyositisAnthony Amato; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information gained from this study is necessary in order to design larger therapeutic trials of etanercept and other agents in DM. ..
- Jo-1-specific T Cell Responses in PolymyositisDANA ASCHERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Polymyositis represents an autoimmune disease in which muscle is inappropriately targeted for T cell-mediated destruction...
- Spondyloarthritis 2006; The Unmet NeedsJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphoma in Autoimmune Disease: Consequence of Immune Suppression or Stimulation?Sasha Bernatsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed project will help identify patients at highest risk for lymphoma and provide guidance regarding initiation and maintenance of therapy to control SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FAMILY STUDIES OF THE GENETICS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of SPARC in Scleroderma FibroblastsXiaodong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will investigate whether exogenous SPARC can restore or increase fibrogenic effects of TGF-beta on cultured fibroblasts with or without suppression of the SPARC gene using recombinent SPARC protein. ..
- BORAGE OIL AND GINKGO BILOBA (EGb 761) IN ASTHMAMERRILL GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is hoped that findings from these studies will evolve relatively non-toxic therapeutic alternatives for attenuating bronchial hyperresponsiveness and inflammation in patients with asthma. ..
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..
- Pathogenesis of autoimmune myositis: Role of MHC Class 1Kanneboyina Nagaraju; Fiscal Year: 2009..The MHC class I transgenic mice develop several features of human autoimmune polymyositis including myositis-specific autoantibodies...
- Nitric Oxide Metabolism in Statin-treated Pediatric SLEMARC LEVESQUE; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these DNA samples will constitute an important resource for future genetic analyses of pediatric SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNITY IN A MURINE MODEL OF PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMERRILL E GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Peripheral and Central Mechanism of Pain in Patients with FibromyalgiaROLAND M STAUD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Either way, we will provide evidence that will characterize the role of local anesthesia, placebo analgesia, or both. Thus patients with FM and other similar pain syndromes may strongly benefit from the results of our study. ..
- Anti-Jo-1 Immune Responses in Autoimmune MyositisStuart Levine; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NC-758 for Prevention of Recurrent Cerebral HemorrhageSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition to testing a promising agent for CAA, the proposed study will generate the organization and pilot data to serve as a springboard for future trials of emerging anti-amyloid treatments. ..
- MECHANISM OF PAIN IN PATIENTS WITH FIBROMYALGIA SYNDROMERoland Staud; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, our findings may contribute to the understanding of pain mechanisms related to other chronic pain disorders. ..
- Genetic Risks for Medication-Related Hemorrhagic StrokeSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal is thus likely to form the foundation of a powerful, open-ended search for a panel of genetic tests to determine an individual's risk for Warfarin-related ICH. ..
- Oklahoma Specialized Center of Research in SLEMorris Reichlin; Fiscal Year: 2006....