Genomes and Genes
Summary: The anterior concavity in the curvature of the lumbar and cervical spine as viewed from the side. The term usually refers to abnormally increased curvature (hollow back, saddle back, swayback). It does not include lordosis as normal mating posture in certain animals ( = POSTURE + SEX BEHAVIOR, ANIMAL).
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- The association of spinal osteoarthritis with lumbar lordosisMichael Papadakis
2nd Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:1. 2010Careful review of published evidence has led to the postulate that the degree of lumbar lordosis may possibly influence the development and progression of spinal osteoarthritis, just as misalignment does in other joints...
- Lumbopelvic lordosis and pelvic balance on repeated standing lateral radiographs of adult volunteers and untreated patients with constant low back painR P Jackson
Spine Surgery Service, North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:575-86. 2000..Twenty volunteers and 20 patients with no prior spine surgery had two standing lateral radiographs taken, on the average, 66 months apart and 2 weeks apart, respectively...
- Normal patterns of sagittal alignment of the spine in young adults radiological analysis in a Korean populationChong Suh Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:E1648-54. 2011..Radiological analysis and classification of normal patterns of sagittal alignment of the spine...
- Standing balance and sagittal plane spinal deformity: analysis of spinopelvic and gravity line parametersVirginie Lafage
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY10010, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1572-8. 2008..Prospective study of 131 patients and volunteers recruited for an analysis of spinal alignment and gravity line (GL) assessment by force plate analysis...
- Cage subsidence does not, but cervical lordosis improvement does affect the long-term results of anterior cervical fusion with stand-alone cage for degenerative cervical disc disease: a retrospective studyWen Jian Wu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, 1665 Kongjiang Road, 200092 Shanghai, China
Eur Spine J 21:1374-82. 2012....
- A noninvasive anthropometric technique for measuring kyphosis and lordosis: an application for idiopathic scoliosisM A Leroux
Department of Surgery, Université de Montréal and Sainte Justine Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1689-94. 2000..Cross-sectional measurement of the sagittal geometry of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients...
- Spino-pelvic parameters after surgery can be predicted: a preliminary formula and validation of standing alignmentVirginie Lafage
NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10010, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:1037-45. 2011..Prospective and retrospective radiographic study of adult patients with spinal deformities...
- Comparison between anterior and posterior decompression with instrumentation for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: sagittal alignment and clinical outcomeMario Cabraja
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Neurosurg Focus 28:E15. 2010..The authors compared the anterior and posterior approach used to treat multilevel cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM), focusing on sagittal alignment and clinical outcome...
- Comparison of anterior cervical fusion after two-level discectomy or single-level corpectomy: sagittal alignment, cervical lordosis, graft collapse, and adjacent-level ossificationYung Park
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, NHIC Ilsan Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 411 360, South Korea
Spine J 10:193-9. 2010..However, there are few large series that have compared the two for sagittal alignment, cervical lordosis, graft subsidence, and adjacent-level ossification.
- Sagittal morphology and equilibrium of pelvis and spineG Vaz
Service du Docteur Roussouly, Centre Medico Chirurgical des Massues, Lyon, France
Eur Spine J 11:80-7. 2002..adult volunteers was carried out in order to evaluate the relationship between the shape of the pelvis and lumbar lordosis and to create a databank of the morphologic and positional parameters of the pelvis and spine in a normal healthy ..
- Radiographic results of single level transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion in degenerative lumbar spine disease: focusing on changes of segmental lordosis in fusion segmentSang Bum Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Konyang Universitiy College of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Clin Orthop Surg 1:207-13. 2009To assess the radiographic results in patients who underwent transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF), particularly the changes in segmental lordosis in the fusion segment, whole lumbar lordosis and disc height.
- Measurement of lumbar lordosis: inter-rater reliability, minimum detectable change and longitudinal variationGregory E Hicks
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:501-6. 2006Repeated measures design to examine reliability and longitudinal variation of lumbar lordosis measurement.
- Lumbosacral lordosis in fetal spine: genetic or mechanic parameterElie Choufani
Service d Orthopédie Pédiatrique, CHU Timone, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385, Marseille Cedex 05, France
Eur Spine J 18:1342-8. 2009..the fetus spine had only one curvature from cranial to caudal which is a global kyphosis and that the lumbosacral lordosis appears with the erect posture...
- Sagittal plane analysis of the spine and pelvis in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis according to the coronal curve typeJean Marc Mac-Thiong
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1404-9. 2003..A retrospective study investigated the sagittal alignment in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS)...
- Adult scoliosis: a quantitative radiographic and clinical analysisFrank J Schwab
Neuromuscular Research Lab, Department of Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:387-92. 2002..Prospective analysis of a consecutive series of adult patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis of the adult and de novo degenerative scoliosis...
- Reliability of cervical lordosis and global sagittal spinal balance measurements in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisChristophe Vidal
Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Robert Debre Hospital, Paris 7 University, AP HP, 48 Boulevard Serurier, 75019, Paris, France
Eur Spine J 22:1362-7. 2013..Radiological reproducibility study...
- Lumbar lordosis and pelvic inclination in adults with chronic low back painJ W Youdas
Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Phys Ther 80:261-75. 2000..We examined the association between 9 variables and pelvic inclination and lumbar lordosis during relaxed standing.
- Comparison of lumbar range of movement and lumbar lordosis in back pain patients and matched controlsJoseph K F Ng
Department of Physiotherapy, The University of Queensland, Australia
J Rehabil Med 34:109-13. 2002Inconclusive findings have been shown in previous studies comparing lumbar range of movement (LROM) and lumbar lordosis between back pain patients and healthy subjects...
- Effect of different sitting postures on lung capacity, expiratory flow, and lumbar lordosisFang Lin
Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:504-9. 2006To investigate the effect of sitting posture on lung capacity and expiratory flow (LC-EF) and lumbar lordosis.
- Change in lordosis at the occipitocervical junction following posterior occipitocervical fusion in skeletally immature childrenBrian P D Wills
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2304-9. 2006..Retrospective case series...
- Comparison between constrained and non-constrained Cobb techniques for the assessment of thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosisJean Marc Mac-Thiong
Department of Orthopaedics, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Eur Spine J 16:1325-31. 2007..Thoracic kyphosis (TK) and lumbar lordosis (LL) were measured twice by three observers using both constrained and non-constrained Cobb techniques...
- Reproduction of the lumbar lordosis: a comparison of standing radiographs versus supine magnetic resonance imaging obtained with straightened lower extremitiesMarianne Løgtholt Andreasen
Back Research Centre, Clinical Locomotion Science, Ringe, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 30:26-30. 2007This study investigates whether it is possible to reproduce the lumbar lordosis in the upright position during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) by positioning the patient supine with straightened lower extremities and investigates intra- ..
- Biomechanical analysis of the spino-pelvic organization and adaptation in pathologyPierre Roussouly
Chirurgie de la colonne vertébrale, Croix Rouge française, CMCR des Massues, 92 rue Edmond Locard, 69322, Lyon Cedex 05, France
Eur Spine J 20:609-18. 2011..by a setting of different parameters such as (a) pelvic parameters: pelvic incidence (PI), pelvic tilt (PT) and sacral slope (SS); (b) C7 positioning: spino-pelvic angle (SSA) and C7 plumb line; (c) shape of the spine: lumbar lordosis.
- Lumbar lordosis and pelvic inclination of asymptomatic adultsJ W Youdas
Physical Therapy Program, Mayo School of Health Related Sciences, Rochester, MN 055905, USA
Phys Ther 76:1066-81. 1996We examined the association between pelvic inclination and lumbar lordosis during relaxed standing and eight variables thought to contribute to lordosis.
- Different critical perinatal periods and hypothalamic sites of oestradiol action in the defeminisation of luteinising hormone surge and lordosis capacity in the ratM Sakakibara
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 25:251-9. 2013..b>Lordosis behaviour was examined to compare the mechanisms defeminising the GnRH/LH surge and sexual behaviour. A single s...
- A comparison of actual and apparent lumbar lordosis in black and white adult femalesE A Mosner
U S Army Baylor University Graduate Program, Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, Texas
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:310-4. 1989The purposes of this study were to investigate differences in lumbar lordosis in black and white adult females and to explain the clinical impression that blacks have a greater lordosis than whites...
- Goniometer evaluation of thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosis in subjects during growth age: a validity studyAristide R Gravina
Rehabilitation Department, University of Padua, Hospital of Padua, Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 176:247-51. 2012The aim of the present study is to evaluate the validity of a pocket compass needle goniometer (IncliMed®, University of Padua) to measure the thoracic kyphosis and lumbar lordosis in children and adolescent.
- The effect of operative position on lumbar lordosis. A radiographic study of patients under anesthesia in the prone and 90-90 positionsM D Peterson
Medford Orthopaedic Group, Oregon, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:1419-24. 1995STUDY DESIGN. The effect of intraoperative positioning on lumbar lordosis was retrospectively studied by radiographic analysis of 40 patients under general anesthesia. OBJECTIVES...
- Velocity of lordosis angle during spinal flexion and extensionTobias Consmüller
Epionics Medical GmbH, Potsdam, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e50135. 2012..severity of low back pain is gaining clinical recognition, with evidence suggesting that the angular velocity of lordosis is critical for identification of musculoskeletal deficits...
- Lumbar lordosis angle (LLA) and leg strength predict walking ability in elderly malesJunya Miyazaki
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation, Kobe International University, Kobe, Japan
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 56:141-7. 2013..While previous studies showed that spinal alignment is associated with gait performance in elderly women, in healthy elderly males both functional (leg strength) and structural (spinal alignment) factors contribute to gait performance...
- Implant complications, fusion, loss of lordosis, and outcome after anterior cervical plating with dynamic or rigid plates: two-year results of a multi-centric, randomized, controlled studyTobias R Pitzen
SRH Waldklinikum Gera gGmbH, Strasse des Friedens 122, Gera, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:641-6. 2009..Prospective, controlled, randomized, multicenter study...
- The influence of lumbar lordosis on spinal fusion and functional outcome after posterolateral spinal fusion with and without pedicle screw instrumentationMarianne Korsgaard
Spine Section, Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Aarhus, Nørrebrogade 44, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
J Spinal Disord Tech 15:187-92. 2002The aim of the current study was to examine the correlation between lumbar lordosis, spinal fusion, and functional outcome in patients suffering from severe low back pain, treated by posterolateral spinal fusion with or without pedicle ..
- Comparisons of lordotic cervical spine curvatures to a theoretical ideal model of the static sagittal cervical spineD D Harrison
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:667-75. 1996..Averages of ranges and normal values for cervical lordosis under conditions of static equilibrium are sought...
- Lordosis restoration after anterior longitudinal ligament release and placement of lateral hyperlordotic interbody cages during the minimally invasive lateral transpsoas approach: a radiographic study in cadaversJuan S Uribe
Department of Neurosurgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 17:476-85. 2012In the surgical treatment of spinal deformities, the importance of restoring lumbar lordosis is well recognized...
- Reliability analysis for radiographic measures of lumbar lordosis in adult scoliosis: a case-control study comparing 6 methodsJae Young Hong
Department of Orthopedics, Scoliosis Research Institute, Korea University Guro Hospital, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, South Korea
Eur Spine J 19:1551-7. 2010Several methods are used to measure lumbar lordosis. In adult scoliosis patients, the measurement is difficult due to degenerative changes in the vertebral endplate as well as the coronal and sagittal deformity...
- The effect of lordosis, disc height change, subsidence, and transitional segment on stand-alone anterior lumbar interbody fusion using a nontapered threaded deviceKevin A Rahn
Fort Wayne Orthopaedics, IN, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 39:E124-9. 2010..Increased lordosis was associated with increased subsidence and less favorable outcome...
- Leptin facilitates lordosis behavior through GnRH-1 and progestin receptors in estrogen-primed ratsMarcos García-Juárez
Centro de Investigacion en Reproduccion Animal, Universidad Autónoma de Tlaxcala CINVESTAV, Apdo 62, Tlaxcala, Mexico
Neuropeptides 45:63-7. 2011Dose response curves for leptin facilitation of estrous behavior (lordosis and proceptivity) were made by infusing the peptide into the lateral ventricle (icv) of ovariectomized (ovx), ad libitum-fed rats injected 40h previously with 5μg ..
- Clinical detectable tension in the growing body: new and revisited signs in clinical examination in children with postural problems and spinal deformities. Restoration of lordosis on the thoracolumbar junction can correct sagittal and coronal plane deformP J M van Loon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Slingeland Hospital, Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Stud Health Technol Inform 140:52-8. 2008..Clarifying that preservation of lordosis and good function at the thoracolumbar junction at the end of growth can be of value for normal configuration and ..
- Fluoranthene, but not benzo[a]pyrene, interacts with hypoxia resulting in pericardial effusion and lordosis in developing zebrafishCole W Matson
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, United States
Chemosphere 74:149-54. 2008..3% DO) through an unknown mechanism, resulting in pericardial effusion and severe lordosis. Additionally, ANF exposures (100 microg L(-1)) which are not normally teratogenic caused dramatic pericardial ..
- Restoration and preservation of disc height and segmental lordosis with circumferential lumbar fusion: a retrospective analysis of cage versus bone graftMichael C Liebensteiner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Spinal Disord Tech 24:44-9. 2011..Retrospective radiographic analysis...
- [Is there a correlation between back pain and stability of the lumbar spine in pregnancy? A model-based hypothesis]A Liebetrau
Arbeitsbereich für Bewegungswissenschaft, Institut für Sportwissenschaft, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Horstmarer Landweg 50, Munster, Germany
Schmerz 26:36-45. 2012..Simulating an increased lordosis for the pregnant situation in the sagittal plane substantially reduced these acting countertorques and therefore ..
- Radiographic analysis of lumbar lordosis: centroid, Cobb, TRALL, and Harrison posterior tangent methodsD E Harrison
Department of Statistics, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E235-42. 2001..Delayed, repeated measures, with three examiners each twice digitizing thirty lateral lumbar radiographs...
- Changes in coronal and sagittal plane alignment following minimally invasive direct lateral interbody fusion for the treatment of degenerative lumbar disease in adults: a radiographic studyFrank L Acosta
Department of Neurological Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles 90048, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 15:92-6. 2011..The object of this study was to determine changes in sagittal and coronal plane alignment occurring after direct lateral interbody fusion (DLIF)...
- Comparison of anterior and posterior instrumentation for correction of adolescent thoracic idiopathic scoliosisR R Betz
Shriners Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:225-39. 1999..4) Using the 3.2-mm flexible rod in this study, loss of correction, pseudarthrosis, and rod breakage were unacceptably highe..
- Compensatory spinopelvic balance over the hip axis and better reliability in measuring lordosis to the pelvic radius on standing lateral radiographs of adult volunteers and patientsR P Jackson
Spine Surgery Service, North Kansas City Hospital, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1750-67. 1998STUDY DESIGN: Sagittal alignments, including lumbar lordosis and spinopelvic balance (measured from C7, S1, and hip axis reference points for the relative positions of the spine and sacropelvis over the hips), were studied on standing 36-..
- Does anterior plating maintain cervical lordosis versus conventional fusion techniques? A retrospective analysis of patients receiving single-level fusionsStephan J Troyanovich
Life Chiropractic College West, Hayward, California, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 15:69-74. 2002..The average magnitude of overall lordosis measured between C2 and C7 decreased 4...
- Sagittal plane correction in idiopathic scoliosisTamás de Jonge
University of Pecs, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Pecs, Hungary
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:754-60. 2002..Patients with idiopathic scoliosis who had undergone posterior fusion by means of posterior multisegmented hook instrumentation were studied retrospectively...
- Lumbar sagittal balance influences the clinical outcome after decompression and posterolateral spinal fusion for degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesisMamoru Kawakami
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama City, Wakayama, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:59-64. 2002..As an index for the radiologic evaluation of sagittal alignment, the L1 axis S1 distance was used (i.e., the horizontal distance from the plumbline of the center in the L1 to the back corner of the S1)...
- Radiographic analysis of transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for the treatment of adult isthmic spondylolisthesisBrian K Kwon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 16:469-76. 2003..Average slip angle, however, was not significantly altered. The restoration of lordosis across the listhetic disk space correlated with a more anterior placement of the interbody cage within the disk ..
- Measurement of spinal sagittal configuration and mobility with Debrunner's kyphometerG Ohlen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:580-3. 1989..These studies showed good reproducibility for measurements with the kyphometer. The importance of standardized instructions for measurement procedures is emphasized. The statistical approach to repeatability of measurements is discussed...
- Measurements of lumbopelvic lordosis using the pelvic radius technique as it correlates with sagittal spinal balance and sacral translationRaymond J Gardocki
Los Angeles Spine Surgery Institute, 120, 2200 West Third Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Spine J 2:421-9. 2002Maintenance of normal lumbar lordosis is important in the treatment of spinal disorders...
- Bilateral implantation of low-profile interbody fusion cages: subsidence, lordosis, and fusion analysisMichael Schiffman
Spine Care Orthopaedic Professionals, 8610 Sepulveda Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
Spine J 3:377-87. 2003..Because of the open design of low-profile interbody fusion cages, there has been concern regarding such issues as subsidence, lordosis and fusion rates.
- Changes in lumbar lordosis in young patients with low back pain during a 10-year periodYasuaki Murata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8677, Japan
J Orthop Sci 7:618-22. 2002..Height has increased, and the back muscles have become weaker than 10 years ago. We compared the lumbar lordosis of youth today (113 men and 76 women) and of 10 years ago (85 men and 62 women)...
- [Occlusion and posture: is there evidence of correlation?]A Michelotti
Istituto di Discipline Odontostomatologiche, Universita degli Studi Federico II, Napoli
Minerva Stomatol 48:525-34. 1999..On the basis of this review of the literature, it's not advisable to treat postural imbalance by means of occlusal treatment or vice versa, particularly if the therapeutic modalities are irreversible...
- Influences of trunk muscles on lumbar lordosis and sacral angleHo Jun Kim
Department of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Ilsan International Hospital, Dongguk University, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea
Eur Spine J 15:409-14. 2006..Furthermore, the extension-flexion ratio, which is a good parameter of trunk muscle balance, was not as much studied as simple maximum torques in this area of study...
- Preservation of thoracic kyphosis is critical to maintain lumbar lordosis in the surgical treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosisPeter O Newton
Department of Orthopedics, Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, CA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1365-70. 2010..Retrospective analysis of prospectively collected multicenter series...
- Activity of protein kinase C is important for 3alpha,5alpha-THP's actions at dopamine type 1-like and/or GABAA receptors in the ventral tegmental area for lordosis of ratsCheryl A Frye
Department of Psychology, The University at Albany SUNY, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Brain Res Bull 77:91-7. 2008..In the present study, we investigated whether effects of progesterone's metabolite, 3alpha,5alpha-THP, to enhance lordosis via actions at these receptors in the ventral tegmental area requires phospholipase C-dependent protein kinase C...
- Scoliosis correction with pedicle screws in Duchenne muscular dystrophyFrederik Hahn
Department of Orthopaedics, Balgrist Clinic, University of Zurich, Forchstrasse 340, CH 8008, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Spine J 17:255-61. 2008..Lumbar lordosis improved significantly from 20 degrees to 49 degrees, thoracic kyphosis remained unchanged...
- In the ventral tegmental area, the membrane-mediated actions of progestins for lordosis of hormone-primed hamsters involve phospholipase C and protein kinase CC A Frye
Departments of Psychology and Biological Sciences, and the Centers for Neurosience and Life Sciences Research, The University at Albany SUNY, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 19:717-24. 2007Progestin-facilitated lordosis of rodents is enhanced by activation of dopamine type 1 (D(1)) or GABA(A) receptors, their downstream G-proteins, and/or second messengers in the ventral tegmental area (VTA)...
- An analysis of sagittal spinal alignment following long adult lumbar instrumentation and fusion to L5 or S1: can we predict ideal lumbar lordosis?Yongjung J Kim
Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2343-52. 2006..A retrospective study...
- Cantilever TLIF with structural allograft and RhBMP2 for correction and maintenance of segmental sagittal lordosis: long-term clinical, radiographic, and functional outcomeNeel Anand
Institute for Spinal Disorders, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:E748-53. 2006..Prospective cohort study in a tertiary care spine center...
- Lumbar sagittal alignment after fusion with a threaded interbody cageJ A Goldstein
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seaport Orthopaedic Associates Spine Center, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York 10038
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1137-42. 2001..Records of 111 patients randomly selected from a population who received an interbody fusion cage during a clinical Investigation Device Exemption trial (BAK/L) yielded 126 operative levels and were retrospectively assessed...
- In the ventral tegmental area, G-proteins mediate progesterone's actions at dopamine type 1 receptors for lordosis of rats and hamstersSandra M Petralia
Department of Psychology, The University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY, 12222, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 186:133-42. 2006..Previous reports indicate that the ventral tegmental area (VTA) and/or progesterone (P) can modulate the reinforcing effects of drugs of abuse, food, and sexual behavior...
- A preliminary study of the use of cage and plating for single-segment fusion in degenerative cervical spine diseaseKyung Jin Song
Chonbuk National University Hospital, Chonbuk National University College of Medicine, 634 18, Keumam 2 dong, Jeonju shi, Chonbuk 561 712, South Korea
J Clin Neurosci 13:181-7. 2006..surgical treatment modality for single-segment degenerative cervical spine and can provide early stability, maintain the interbody space and cervical lordosis, reduce operation time and minimize complications at the bone graft donor site.
- Two-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion for degenerative disc disease: improved clinical outcome with restoration of lumbar lordosisAkira Hioki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu City, 501 1194, Gifu, Japan
Spine J 5:600-7. 2005..Although posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) for degenerative lumbar diseases is routine, there are few reports on double-level PLIF...
- Influence of some biomechanical factors on low-back pain in pregnancyH C Ostgaard
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sahlgren Hospital, , Sweden, NS 20536
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:61-5. 1993..15 (P < 0.01); transverse diameter (r = 0.13, P < 0.01); and depth of the lumbar lordosis, which correlated with a coefficient of 0.11 (P < 0.01)...
- Cranio-cervical posture: a factor in the development and function of the dentofacial structuresBeni Solow
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Orthod 24:447-56. 2002..e. cervical lordosis. The aim of the paper is to link together the findings of a series of studies that attempt to clarify this ..
- Lumbar lordosis in osteoporosis and in osteoarthritisMichael Papadakis
School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Eur Spine J 18:608-13. 2009..The aim of this study is to determine whether lumbar lordosis is different between patients with either disease and healthy persons...
- Sagittal plane analysis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: the effect of anterior versus posterior instrumentationJohn M Rhee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:2350-6. 2002..Radiographic analysis of anterior and posterior instrumentation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis...
- Comparison of sagittal contour and posterior disc height following interbody fusion: threaded cylindrical cages versus structural allograft versus vertical cagesAdam T Groth
Orthopaedic Surgery Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 18:332-6. 2005....
- Reliability of the visual assessment of cervical and lumbar lordosis: how good are we?Christine Fedorak
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1857-9. 2003..Blinded test-retest design...
- Influence of cage geometry on sagittal alignment in instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusionStefan Gödde
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1693-9. 2003..Retrospective radiographic evaluation of the sagittal alignment of the lumbar spine in patients undergoing short-segment instrumented posterior lumbar interbody fusion with cage systems of different shape...
- Cervical lordosis in patients who underwent anterior cruciate ligament injury: a cross-sectional studySimona Tecco
Department of Orthodontics and Gnathology, School of Dentistry, University of Chieti
Cranio 25:42-9. 2007..difference was observed between the two groups in any of the morphological variables of face or in the cervical lordosis angle (CVT/EVT)...
- Segmental lumbar lordosis: manual versus computer-assisted measurement using seven different techniquesThomas C Schuler
Virginia Spine Institute, Reston, Virginia 20190, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 17:372-9. 2004Obliteration of end-plate landmarks by interbody fusion has made the traditional measurement of segmental lumbar lordosis nearly impossible...
- Cervical lordosis angle measured on lateral cephalograms; findings in skeletal class II female subjects with and without TMD: a cross sectional studyMichele D'Attilio
Department of Orthodontics, University of Chieti, Italy
Cranio 22:27-44. 2004..The hypothesis of this study is that cervical lordosis angle (CVT/EVT angle) alteration on cephalometrics could be correlated to the presence of TMD...
- Predictable correction of the unfused lumbar lordosis after thoracic correction and fusion in Scheuermann kyphosisRob C Jansen
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:1227-31. 2006..A retrospective examination of preoperative and postoperative radiographs of the sagittal spine of 30 patients with Scheuermann kyphosis...
- Determining the relationship between cervical lordosis and neck complaintsJeb McAviney
CBP NonProfit, Inc, Evanston, Wyo, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:187-93. 2005To investigate the presence of a "functionally normal" cervical lordosis and identify if this and the amount of forward head posture are related to neck complaints.
- Spinal sagittal configuration and mobility related to low-back pain in the female gymnastG Ohlen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 14:847-50. 1989..Average thoracic kyphosis was 32 degrees, lumbar lordosis 35 degrees...
- Radiographic spinal profile changes induced by cage design after posterior lumbar interbody fusion preliminary report of a study with wedged implantsO Diedrich
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E274-80. 2001..A prospective comparative radiographic study between two geometrically varying implants utilized in single-level posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) was performed...
- Changes in lumbar lordosis modify the role of the extensor musclesS M McGill
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, Department of Kinesiology, Occupational Biomechanics Laboratory, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, N2L 3G1, Ontario, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 15:777-80. 2000..Fiber angles of longissimus thoracis and iliocostalis lumborum at L3 were documented in vivo, using high resolution ultrasound, with the lumbar spine in neutral curve and when fully flexed...
- Measurement of lumbar lordosis. Evaluation of intraobserver, interobserver, and technique variabilityD W Polly
Orthopaedic Surgery Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1530-5; discussion 1535-6. 1996..using four different techniques to evaluate the reliability and reproducibility of the measurement of lumbar lordosis. OBJECTIVE: To evaluate clinical methods of measuring lumbar lordosis, determining intraobserver and ..
- Effects of lifestyle and work-related physical activity on the degree of lumbar lordosis and chronic low back pain in a Middle East populationM R Nourbakhsh
University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Spinal Disord 14:283-92. 2001The relationship between the degree of lumbar lordosis and chronic low back pain (LBP) has long been speculated. It is postulated that prolonged sitting and sedentary lifestyle might change the degree of lumbar lordosis and cause LBP...
- Congruent spinopelvic alignment on standing lateral radiographs of adult volunteersR P Jackson
Spine Surgery Service, North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2808-15. 2000..These angles included PR-S1 for pelvic morphology and PR-T12 for total lumbopelvic lordosis. A pelvic angle was measured from a vertical line through the hip axis to the pelvic radius...
- Reciprocal angulation of vertebral bodies in the sagittal plane in an asymptomatic Greek populationP G Korovessis
Orthopaedic Department, Spine Unit, General Hospital Agios Andreas, Patras, Greece
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:700-4; discussion 704-5. 1998..Cobb's method) on the lateral standing roentgenograms of the whole spine were: thoracic kyphosis (T4-T12), lumbar lordosis (L1-L5), total lumbar lordosis (T12-S1), distal lumbar lordosis (L4-S1), sacral inclination (measured from the ..
- Sagittal alignment of cervical flexion and extension: lateral radiographic analysisToshichika Takeshima
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Takanohara Central Hospital, Nara City, Nara, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:E348-55. 2002..An analysis of lateral radiographs in the upright, flexion-extension position...
- Estimated kyphosis and lordosis changes at follow-up in patients with idiopathic scoliosisMichel A Leroux
Research Center, Department of Surgery, Sainte Justine Hospital, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1C5
J Pediatr Orthop 22:73-9. 2002..7 months). Kyphosis and lordosis were measured on the lateral radiograph...
- Idiopathic scoliosis: the relation between the vertebral canal and the vertebral bodiesR W Porter
Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1360-6. 2000....
- Forced lordosis on the thoracolumbar junction can correct coronal plane deformity in adolescents with double major curve pattern idiopathic scoliosisPiet J M van Loon
Department of Orthopaedics, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:797-801. 2008..A prospective radiographic study was conducted...
- The biomechanical effect of postoperative hypolordosis in instrumented lumbar fusion on instrumented and adjacent spinal segmentsS Umehara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1617-24. 2000STUDY DESIGN: Change in lumbar lordosis was measured in patients that had undergone posterolateral lumbar fusions using transpedicular instrumentation...
- Lumbar sagittal contour after posterior interbody fusion: threaded devices alone versus vertical cages plus posterior instrumentationW R Klemme
Department of Orthopaedic Surgry and Rehabilitation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:534-7. 2001..An observational radiographic study examining lumbar sagittal contour of patients undergoing posterior interbody arthrodesis...
- Vertebral centroid measurement of lumbar lordosis compared with the Cobb techniqueY L Chen
Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mingchi Institute of Technology, Taiwan, Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1786-90. 1999An observational study in which vertebral centroid measurement of lumbar lordosis, developed in this study, was used to examine lumbar curvature...
- Pelvic lordosis and alignment in spondylolisthesisRoger P Jackson
Spine Surgery Service, North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:151-60. 2003Pelvic morphology and lumbopelvic lordosis were measured on standing radiographs of 75 patients with greater than 10% L5-S1 spondylolytic spondylolisthesis...
- Scoliosis induced by asymmetric lordosis and rotation: an experimental studyP Carpintero
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, University of Cordoba, Spain
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2202-6. 1997..SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA: There is evidence that asymmetric lordosis may produce scoliosis and that there is muscle imbalance in scoliotic patients...
- Do sagittal plane anatomical variations (angulation) of the cervical facets and C2 odontoid affect the geometrical configuration of the cervical lordosis?Deed E Harrison
Clin Anat 18:104-11. 2005..cervical radiographs were used to investigate any correlation between radiographic measurements of cervical lordosis with sagittal plane facet angulation, articular pillar height, and inclination of the C2 odontoid with respect to ..
- Evaluation of axial and flexural stresses in the vertebral body cortex and trabecular bone in lordosis and two sagittal cervical translation configurations with an elliptical shell modelDeed E Harrison
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University, Starkville, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:391-401. 2002..Osteoarthritis and spinal degeneration are factors in neck and back pain. Calculations of stress in clinically occurring configurations of the sagittal cervical spine are rare...
- Results of lumbar pedicle subtraction osteotomies for fixed sagittal imbalance: a minimum 5-year follow-up studyYongjung J Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Barnes Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2189-97. 2007..Retrospective study...
- The validity of clinical examination in adolescent spinal deformitiesC Grosso
Fondazione Don Gnocchi, ONLUS, IRCCS, Milano Centro Scoliosi Vigevano Italy
Stud Health Technol Inform 91:123-5. 2002..retrospective study on the accuracy and reliability of two clinical tests for scoliosis in young patients...
- Classification of high-grade spondylolistheses based on pelvic version and spine balance: possible rationale for reductionMichael T Hresko
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2208-13. 2007..Retrospective review of a radiographic database of high-grade spondylolisthesis patients in comparison with asymptomatic controls...
- Lumbar disc degeneration below a long arthrodesis (performed for scoliosis in adults) to L4 or L5Ian J Harding
Department of Orthopaedics, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, BS16 1LE, UK
Eur Spine J 17:250-4. 2008..Spinal balance, local segmental angulations and lumbar lordosis were measured pre- and post-operatively as well as at the most recent follow up--mean 9.3 years (range 7-19)...
- Sagittal and transversal plane deformity in thoracic scoliosisTomasz Kotwicki
Department of Paediatric Orthopaedics University of Medical Sciences ul 28 Czerwca 1956 roku nr 135 61 545 Pozna, Poland
Stud Health Technol Inform 91:251-6. 2002..Th5-Th8), lower thoracic kyphosis angle (Th9-Th12), superior and inferior hemi-curve sagittal angles, lumbar lordosis, sacral slope, sacral incidence, vertebral plate index, segmental vertebral axial rotation throughout the ..
- Spontaneous proximal thoracic curve correction after isolated fusion of the main thoracic curve in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisT R Kuklo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1966-75. 2001..The preoperative side bender radiographs (PT curve flexibility) positively correlate with the postoperative spontaneous PT curve correction...
- Effects of brain-selective estradiol on gene expression and female sex behaviorKim Wallen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Induction of lordosis in ovariectomized females rats using a sequential DHED and progesterone treatment will test the central activity ..
- Competetive Renewal of MSM: Multiscale Studies of Segmentation in VertebratesClaudio D Stern; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. spondylocostal and spondylothoracic dysostoses and dysplasias) to deviations of the spine (lordosis, kyphosis, and scoliosis) and misspecification of the regional identity of skeletal elements (e.g...
- Effects of food deprivation on sexual behaviorMICHAEL FERKIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..most previous studies have only examined the effects of nutritional deficiency on one aspect of receptivity, lordosis, in females...
- Opioid mediation of progesterone actions in a reproductive behavior circuitKevin Sinchak; Fiscal Year: 2013..unreadable]-opioid receptors (MOP) in the medial preoptic nucleus (MPN), which inhibits sexual receptivity - lordosis. Subsequent progesterone treatment reduces MOP activation in MPN, presumably through the inhibition of [..
- Neurobiology of Hormone-Mediated BehaviorsAnn Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..Animal models of female sexual function have focused on the mechanics of sexual interaction, e.g., the lordosis reflex, limiting the generalizability of such findings for the understanding of sexual dysfunction in women...
- SEX STEROID ACTIVATION OF OPIOID CIRCUITS IN THE CNSPaul E Micevych; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have demonstrated that membrane-initiated estradiol signaling (MIES) activates a circuit regulating lordosis behavior, a measure of sexual receptivity...
- BRAIN MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORDonald W Pfaff; Fiscal Year: 2012..has been made in the analysis of hormonal, neural and genetic mechanisms underlying a simple sex behavior, lordosis. Now, it would be exciting to understand the flow of behaviors leading up to mating...
- GLUCOSE METABOLISM EFFECTS ON REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORJILL SCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2000..whether the absence of these areas attenuate or prevent the effects of metabolic inhibitors on estrous cyclicity (lordosis and the vaginal discharge)...
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY OF THE SENSORY SYSTEMJames Rose; Fiscal Year: 1993..The model neurobehavioral system for the proposed research is the facilitation of lordosis, a sexually- receptive postural response to lumbosacral tactile stimulation, by effects of estradiol and ..
- A NOVEL ENDOCRINE DISRUPTING AGENT AND BREAST CANCERBarry Markaverich; Fiscal Year: 2007..known to affect NO release and it is possible that LTX-diol and THFdiol isomers inhibit female sexual behavior (Lordosis) by disrupting nitric oxide (NO) dependent pathways controlling LHRH release...
- PSYCHOENDOCRINE CONTROL OF ESTROUS BEHAVIORMARY ERSKINE; Fiscal Year: 2000..The behavioral patterns exhibited by the estrous rat during mating are the lordosis posture, solicitational behavior patterns which serve to indicate sexual readiness, as well as the patterning, or ..
- IMMUNOREACTIVE PROLACTIN IN BRAINRichard Harlan; Fiscal Year: 1991..that a brain substance which binds to anti-prolactin immune serum increases the estrogen-dependent behavior, lordosis, in female rats, raising the possibility that part of the nerual action of estrogen is mediated through cells ..
- INDUCTION OF MATERNAL BEHAVIOR BY ENDOGENOUS PEPTIDESCort Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 1980..Since luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone has been shown to induce lordosis behavior in female rats we are also curious about the possible efficacy of oxytocin and (Arg8) vasopressin in ..
- MECHANICS OF SPINE SURGERY - A FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSISVijay Goel; Fiscal Year: 1993..using this approach. It is also not practical to simulate the effects of muscles, lordosis, etc...
- CELL BIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN EFFECTS ON LORDOSIS BEHAVIORROCHELLE COHEN; Fiscal Year: 1993..e., lordosis. The proposed studies focus on the specific neuronal circuit between the ventromedial nucleus (VMN) of the ..
- SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION OF BEHAVIOR AND LH SECRETIONDEBORAH OLSTER; Fiscal Year: 1992..measured are two physiological events triggered by these steriods, namely the expression of sexual receptivity (lordosis) and the stimulation of luteinizing hormone (LH) secretion...
- NERVOUS SYSTEM REGULATION OF GENITAL REFLEXESLesley Marson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The majority of research on female sexual function has focused on the lordosis reflex. However, this does not address the genital responses related to sexual function...
- EFFECTS OF PRENATAL STRESS ON ADULT SEXUAL BEHAVIORINGEBORG WARD; Fiscal Year: 1990..g. ejaculation, lordosis) and nonsexual (e.g...
- Northeast Under/Grad Research Organization for NeuroscienceCheryl Frye; Fiscal Year: 2008..Both of these outcomes are congruous with the Public Health Service's mission to ensure that there is a resource of well-trained scientists and health-care providers in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen: Neuroprotection in the PerimenopauseAnne M Etgen; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will provide new information on the potential for hormone therapy instituted during the perimenopausal transition to protect the brain from damage due to global ischemia. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE BASES OF REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORANNE ETGEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..area (POA) to ensure that the preovulatory luteinizing hormone (LH) surge coincides with reproductive behavior (lordosis), thereby maximizing reproductive success...
- STEROID HORMONES--BRAIN AND BEHAVIORANNE ETGEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Because lordosis, a[unreadable] component of female reproductive behavior, is strictly dependent on the[unreadable] ovarian ..
- NEUROPEPTIDE-STEROID INTERACTIONS IN THE CNSPaul Micevych; Fiscal Year: 2003..cholecystokinin (CCK) and endogenous opioid peptides (EOP) in a classic steroid sensitive system that regulates lordosis, the limbic-hypothalamic circuit...
- Estrogen Induced Neuroplasticity in the Lordosis PathwayLORI FLANAGAN CATO; Fiscal Year: 2004..hypothalamus (VMH) is a sexually dimorphic region that controls sexual behavior in female rats, typified by the lordosis reflex...
- The Role of Melanocortin 4 Receptors in Energy BalanceJULI JONES; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MBRS PROGRAM AT TEXAS WOMAN'S UNIVERSITYLynda Uphouse; Fiscal Year: 2008..New initiatives at TWU include a nursing component, MBRS Fall Research Day, a mentoring workshop, and a manuscript preparation workshop. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genes Influencing Social BehaviorsDONALD WELLS PFAFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..Impact: OT may be involved in postpartum depression. OT systems certainly facilitate social recognition, disorders of which are prominent in autism and in schizophrenia. ..
- Reducing Low-back Disorders Using a New Sitting DesignMohsen Makhsous; Fiscal Year: 2003..Sitting may cause backward rotation of the pelvis, reduction in lumbar lordosis, changes in muscle activities and disc pressure, excessive pressure over the ischium and coccyx, and certainly ..
- Preventing pressure ulcers using a new sitting conceptMohsen Makhsous; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, we will perform extensive testing to optimize user function, while maximizing safety ..
- A PR-Induced Autocrine/Paracrine Pathway in Female BrainEDE APOSTOLAKIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will furnish insight into the underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms that produce steroid receptor-dependent disease etiologies and should contribute to the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- BRAIN MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIORDonald Pfaff; Fiscal Year: 2002..system for understanding neural and molecular mechanisms of mammalian behavior is the effect of estradiol (E) on lordosis behavior by the female rat upon mounting by the male...
- MECHANICAL MODULATION OF GROWTH IN PHYSESIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Paraspinal Denervation in Low Back PainAndrew J Haig; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will help doctors avoid unnecessary surgery and help scientists to understand more about how spinal stenosis disables so many older people. ..
- PARASPINAL MUSCLE DENERVATION AND SYMPTOMS IN LUMBAR SSAndrew Haig; Fiscal Year: 2005..Subjects will repeat the test battery (MRI, EMG, and clinical evaluation) approximately 18 months later. Appropriate statistics will test each of the four hypotheses. ..
- HINDBRAIN AND NEUROPEPTIDE Y--CONTROL OF FOOD INTAKEERIC CORP; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results will contribute to the overall understanding of the neurobiology underlying obesity and eating disorders. ..
- STABILITY OF MUSCULAR LOADING OF THE LUMBAR SPINEIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the specific roles of individual muscles will be better elucidated, which will be helpful in guiding therapy for people with low back dysfunction. ..
- PRENATAL ALCOHOL EXPOSURE AND PREMATURE AGINGROBERT MC GIVERN; Fiscal Year: 2002..A potential relationship between prenatal exposure to subteratogenic levels of ethanol and an accelerated rate of aging has broad implications for NIH with regard to treatment, health education, and clinical services. ..
- Hormones Neuronal Phosphoproteins and BehaviorSHAILAJA MANI; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide information on the PKA/DARPP-32/PP-1 cascade regulation by progesterone and dopamine in mediating reproductive behavior. ..
- Progressive scoliosis deformity in intervertebral discIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2009..These approaches may include improvements in brace design, new possibilities for muscle rehabilitation, and surgical procedures aimed at early, minimally invasive modification of spinal growth. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE REGULATION OF BEHAVIORJEFFREY BLAUSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Steroid Hormones Regulatory Mechanisms and BehaviorSHAILAJA MANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..1 will determine the mechanism underlying the rapid, progesterone-initiated signaling in areas associated with lordosis. We will test the hypothesis that the progesterone-initiated increases in cAMP activate mitogen activated protein ..
- AN INTEGRATED MODEL OF INTERVERTEBRAL DISC FUNCTIONIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2006..and the local conditions that can influence its metabolism, eventual composition and function in three-dimensions. ..
- Neuroendocrine Regulation of GnRH ReleaseJon Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- "Post-partum steroid withdrawal-induced depression"REBECCA CRAFT; Fiscal Year: 2006..Findings from the proposed model will enhance our understanding of the etiology of PPD and possibly lead to improved treatment options. ..
- Characterization of Central ABP/SHBG ReceptorsJack Caldwell; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal examines this mechanism. ..
- DOPAMINE SENSITIZATION BY MOTIVATED BEHAVIORSROBERT MEISEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN REPRODUCTIVE BIOLOGYJon Levine; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through administration of this program, we continue to produce highly trained, successful scientists who carry with them a continuing interest in an integrated, multi-level approach to the study of reproduction. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen receptor activation in the CNSJEFFREY BLAUSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..This initial research is essential for future work on the molecular consequences of ligand independent activation of ERs in the brain of males and females, which can then be studied in an unprecedented way. ..
- Disregulation of Potassium Channels in Menopausal Hot FlashesJon Levine; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..