Summary: A homolog of ERGONOVINE containing one more CH2 group. (Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Methylergonovine maleate (methergine) relieves postdural puncture headache in obstetric patientsSeema Hakim
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:100. 2005
- [Effects of methylergometrine and oxytocin on blood loss and uterine contraction during cesarean section]Takehiko Kikutani
Division of Anesthesia, Nippon Medical School Second Hospital, Kawasaki 211 8533
Masui 55:590-4. 2006..The effects of intravenous oxytocics on blood loss and uterine contraction during cesarean section were studied in 136 parturients...
- The use of methylergonovine (Methergine) in the initial control of drug induced refractory headacheS B Graff-Radford
Department of Anesthesiology, UCLA School of Dentistry
Headache 33:390-3. 1993This study investigated the efficacy of methylergonovine maleate (Methergine) in the treatment of drug induced refractory headache (DIRH)...
- Methylergonovine maleate as a cluster headache prophylactic: a study and reviewL Mueller
University Headache Center, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Moorestown 08057, USA
Headache 37:437-42. 1997b>Methylergonovine maleate (Methergine), an ergot derivative with vasoconstrictive properties, has been cited as an effective treatment for vascular headaches. Few studies are available to support its use in headache management...
- Comparison of the bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of oral methylergometrine in men and womenA N de Groot
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 33:328-32. 1995..To assess and compare the pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of methylergometrine (ME) in men and non-pregnant women...
- Effect of direct intracoronary administration of methylergonovine in patients with and without variant anginaY Igarashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Am Heart J 121:1094-100. 1991The effects of intracoronary administration of methylergonovine were studied in 21 patients with variant angina and 22 patients with atypical chest pain and in others without angina pectoris (control group)...
- Myocardial infarction and mortality caused by methylergonovineYu Hung Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Shih Lin District, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:1022. 2005
- Reinforcement in an in vitro analog of appetitive classical conditioning of feeding behavior in Aplysia: blockade by a dopamine antagonistFredy D Reyes
W M Keck Center for Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Learn Mem 12:216-20. 2005..To test this possibility, methylergonovine was used to antagonize DA receptors...
- [Intraoperative anaphylactic shock induced by methylergometrine and oxytocin]Tomohiro Shimo
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Kanazawa 920 0293
Masui 55:447-50. 2006..While the serological tests were negative, the skin tests indicated the patient was allergic to both drugs. It is concluded that the endogenous peptide oxytocin can induce anaphylactic shock in multiparous women...
- Neonatal ergot poisoning: a persistent iatrogenic illnessStacey A Bangh
Hennepin Regional Poison Center, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415, USA
Am J Perinatol 22:239-43. 2005..number of neonatal cases have been reported worldwide, and almost all cases involved confusion of maternal methylergonovine with neonatal vitamin K...
- Is methergine alone sufficient in relieving postdural puncture headache?Haci Ahmet Alici
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:632-3; author reply 633-4. 2006
- [Acute myocardial infarction due to coronary artery spasm after caesarean section]Toshihisa Ichiba
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima 730 8518
Masui 54:54-6. 2005..It is necessary to consider the possibility of acute myocardial infarction and provide early diagnosis and treatment by multidisciplinary team when a pregnant woman complains of retrosternal chest pain...
- An unusual presentation of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in pregnancyJ Sudharma Ranasinghe
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Clin Anesth 17:66-8. 2005..Hematology tests performed before the cesarean delivery revealed severe thrombocytopenia. This was later diagnosed as idiopathic thrombocytopenia, which was treated successfully with steroid therapy...
- Effects of methylergometrine and oxytocin on thoracic epidural pressure during cesarean sectionTakehiko Kikutani
Department of Anesthesiology, Nippon Medical School, Second Hospital, Kawasaki City, Kanagawa, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 29:180-5. 2003..The effects of oxytocics on thoracic epidural pressure during cesarean section were studied in 60 parturients, (American Society of Anesthesiologist physical status, class I or II) after obtaining informed consent...
- Misoprostol versus methylergometrine: pharmacokinetics in human milkDanièle Vogel
Department of Obstetrics, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstrasse 10, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2168-73. 2004..The purpose of this study to compare breast milk pharmacokinetics between misoprostol 200 mug and methylergometrine 250 mug after single oral dosing in women who require postpartum uterotonic therapy...
- Postpartum hemorrhage: new management optionsGary A Dildy
Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:330-44. 2002
- [Acute myocardial infarction produced by methylergometrine maleate-induced coronary vasospasm]Mitsuhiro Akita
Department of Internal Medicine, Iwakuni National Hospital, Iwakuni
Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 93:1442-4. 2004
- A study of prophylactic use of 15-methyl prostalglandin F2alpha in the active management of third stage of labourArati Biswas
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 105:506, 508-9. 2007..15-methyl PGF2alpha (125 microg) is certainly effective in prevention of postpartum haemorrhage particularly in developing country like India where this complication contributes a major factor for maternal mortality...
- [Postpartum hemorrhage--prophylaxis and treatment in Norway]Ashild Bjørnerem
Kvinneklinikken Universitetssykehuset Nord Norge 9038 Tromsø
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:2536-7. 2002..To what extent this evidence is implemented in clinical practice in Norway is not known...
- [Revelation of a coronary spasm using the Méthergin test]Christian Spaulding
Presse Med 33:6-8. 2004
- Pharmacological characterization of the ergot alkaloid receptor in the salivary gland of the ixodid tick Amblyomma hebraeumW Reuben Kaufman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2E9, Canada
J Exp Biol 209:2525-34. 2006..02 micromol l(-1)), ergonovine (ErN; 0.06 micromol l(-1)), methylergonovine (0.1 micromol l(-1)) and alpha-ergocriptine (0...
- Dopaminergic agonists that result in ocular growth inhibition also elicit transient increases in choroidal thickness in chicksDebora L Nickla
The New England College of Optometry, Dept of Biosciences, 424 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Exp Eye Res 91:715-20. 2010..Antagonists used were methylergonovine (non-specific; n = 12), spiperone (D2; n = 20), SCH-23390 (D1; n = 6) and saline controls (n = 27)...
- [Myocardial infarction during or after exertion related to sports. Clinical and coronary angiographic analysis of 10 cases]M Hiltgen
Service de cardiologie, centre hospitalier d Argenteuil
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:83-7. 1989..They were absent in 2 patients aged 24 and 26 respectively, with methylergonovine-induced spasm in one case. The outcome over a 2...
- Xiong-gui-tiao-xue-yin (Kyuki-chouketsu-in), a traditional herbal medicine, stimulates lactation with increase in secretion of prolactin but not oxytocin in the postpartum periodTakahisa Ushiroyama
Department of Nursing, Aino Gakuin College, Ibaraki, Osaka 567 0018, Japan
Am J Chin Med 35:195-202. 2007..Therefore, Xiong-gui-tiao-xue-yin can be expected to improve lactation in women in the postpartum period. Further detailed bio-pharmacological studies and clinical trials to investigate the properties of this drug are warranted...
- [Nitroglycerin and angina with angiographically normal coronary vessels. Clinical effects and effects on esophageal motility]A Millaire
Service de Cardiologie C, , CHR de Lille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:63-8. 1989..predictive of the finding of esophageal dyskinesia in patients with normal coronary angiography and negative methylergonovine test, we administered 0...
- Intraumbilical injection of uterotonics for retained placentaD Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Sveti Duh General Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:105-9. 2007..To assess the effect of injecting an uterotonic agent in the umbilical vein during the third stage of labor in women with retained placentas...
- Comparison of two oxytocin regimens to prevent uterine atony at cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trialM B Munn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:386-90. 2001..To determine if high-dose oxytocin reduces the need for additional uterotonic agents at cesarean...
- Prospective study of intramuscular ergometrine compared with intramuscular oxytocin for prevention of postpartum hemorrhageKeisuke Saito
Maternity and Neonate Center, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:254-8. 2007..To compare the efficacy and safety of intramuscular oxytocin with intramuscular ergometrine in the management of postpartum hemorrhage during the third stage of labor...
- Role of coronary spasm for a positive noninvasive stress test result in angina pectoris patients without hemodynamically significant coronary artery diseaseChi Wen Cheng
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Keelung, Keelung, Taiwan
Am J Med Sci 335:354-62. 2008..A positive noninvasive stress test result is often considered as a false-positive indicator of coronary artery disease (CAD) when coronary angiography reveals no hemodynamically significant CAD...
- Clinical characteristics of patients with exercise-induced ST-segment elevation without prior myocardial infarctionMing Jui Hung
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Circ J 70:254-61. 2006..Data is limited on the characteristics of Taiwanese patients without prior myocardial infarction who develop exercise-induced ST-segment elevation...
- Correction of intraoperative coagulopathy in a patient with neurofibromatosis type I with intravenous desmopressin (DDAVP)G K Lighthall
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Obstet Anesth 13:174-7. 2004..cesarean delivery, had diffuse uterine and surgical site bleeding that was not correctable by oxytocin, methylergonovine and PGF2 alpha...
- Uterine preservation in a woman with spontaneous uterine rupture secondary to placenta percreta on the posterior wall: a case reportLe Ming Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University Hospital and Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:379-84. 2009..2 mg methylergonovine, primary repair of the defect, and an additional 24-h postoperative oxytocin infusion (30 IU in 5% dextrose ..
- Postdural puncture headacheRobert Gaiser
Pharmacology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 19:249-53. 2006..Postdural puncture headache remains the most frequent complication of neuraxial anesthesia. It can occur following uncomplicated spinal anesthesia as well as unintended dural puncture during epidural anesthesia...
- Mouse model of Prinzmetal angina by disruption of the inward rectifier Kir6.1Takashi Miki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Nat Med 8:466-72. 2002..The Kir6.1-containing K(+) channel is critical in the regulation of vascular tonus, especially in the coronary arteries, and its disruption may cause Prinzmetal angina...
- Severe vaginal bleeding secondary to cesarean scar dehiscence following incomplete abortion managementLateefa O Aldakhil
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King Saud University, PO Box 7805, Riyadh 11472, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 31:204-5. 2010..The use of uterotonic medications (Methergine) may be a contributing factor in this case. It should be used with caution in patients with previous uterine scar...
- Skeletonization does not influence internal thoracic artery innervationMario Gaudino
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Institute of Human Anatomy, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1257-61. 2004..This study was designed to compare the effect of surgical harvesting on internal thoracic artery innervation and to assess the eventual presence of denervation supersensitivity in skeletonized grafts...
- [Anesthesia and preeclampsia]A G M Aya
Département anesthésie douleur, GHU Caremeau, place du Pr Robert Debré, 30029 Nimes Cedex 9, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 29:e141-7. 2010..It is possible to perform a loco-regional anaesthesia following an eclamptic crisis if the following conditions are met: In case of overlapping seizures and/or impaired consciousness, a general anaesthesia is recommended...
- [Pulmonary edema related to administration of 15-methyl-prostaglandin F2alpha during a cesarean section]M R Rodríguez de la Torre
Servicio de Anestesiologia, Reanimación y Terapia del Dolor, Hospital Juan Ramon Jimenez, Huelva
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 51:104-7. 2004..Caution in prescribing PGF2alpha and care in monitoring the patient's reaction are therefore recommended during and after anesthesia. Unnecessary overhydration should be avoided...
- Methylergonovine maleate and the risk of myocardial ischemia and infarctionBrian T Bateman
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 209:459.e1-459.e13. 2013..the risks of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and acute myocardial infarction (AMI) that are associated with methylergonovine maleate (Methergine; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Plantation, FL) use in a large database of ..
- Monitoring of methylergometrine in human breast milk by solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorimetric detectionT Nakamichi
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Showa Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo, Japan
Pharmazie 67:482-4. 2012..9% and 7.7%, respectively, and the detection limit was approximately 50 pg/ml. This method was applied for drug level monitoring in the breast milk of patients given methylergometrine...
- Comparison of sublingual misoprostol, intravenous oxytocin, and intravenous methylergometrine in active management of the third stage of laborGunjan Singh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University College of Medical Sciences, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi, India
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 107:130-4. 2009..To compare the efficacy and adverse effects of sublingual misoprostol, intravenous oxytocin, and intravenous methylergometrine in active management of the third stage of labor (AMTSL)...
- Sublingual misoprostol versus methylergometrine for active management of the third stage of laborN Vimala
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 87:1-5. 2004..To compare the efficacy and side effects of sublingual misoprostol and intravenous methylergometrine for active management of third stage of labor...
- Acute and preventive treatment of cluster headache and other trigeminal autonomic cephalgiasGennaro Bussone
Clinical Neurosciences Department, C Besta National Neurological Institute, Milan, Italy
Handb Clin Neurol 97:431-42. 2010..Other frequently used preventives for cluster include lithium carbonate, methysergide where available, methylergonovine, clonidine, melatonin, valproate, gabapentin, topiramate, and others...
- Sudden cardiac arrest during cesarean section -- a possible case of amniotic fluid embolismNikooseresht Mahshid
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Fatemieh Hospital, Hamadan, Iran
Middle East J Anaesthesiol 20:315-7. 2009..Sudden onset of cardiovascular collapse and early signs of right heart strain and fulminant DIC supports the diagnosis of AFE in this case, although no fetal debri could be find in pathologic staining...
- Signs of myocardial ischaemia after injection of oxytocin: a randomized double-blind comparison of oxytocin and methylergometrine during Caesarean sectionM C Svanström
Department of Thoracic Anaesthesiology, Umea University Hospital, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Br J Anaesth 100:683-9. 2008..We hypothesized that oxytocin administration has cardiovascular effects leading to these symptoms and ECG changes...
- History of methysergide in migraineP J Koehler
Department of Neurology, Atrium Medical Centre, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Cephalalgia 28:1126-35. 2008..The mechanism for the preventive effect of methysergide (methylergometrine) in migraine remains elusive. We describe the rise, fall and subsequent use as a third-choice drug of the first effective migraine prophylactic, methysergide...
- Diagnosis and treatment of peripartum bleedingWolfgang Henrich
Department of Obstetrics, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Perinat Med 36:467-78. 2008..Furthermore, the committee recommends changes in the management of PPH including new surgical options and the off-label use of recombinant factor VIIa...
- Coronary artery spasm and dobutamine stress echocardiographyFalah Aboukhoudir
Cardiology Department, Avignon Hospital Center, Avignon, France
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:556-61. 2009..The aim of this article was to assess whether abnormal dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) can be due to a dobutamine-induced coronary spasm in patients with angiographically documented vasospastic coronary arteries...
- Acute myocardial infarction following oral methyl-ergometrine intakeAxel de Labriolle
Service de cardiologie, Pôle Coeur Thorax Vasculaire Hémostase, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Trousseau, 37044, Tours, France
Cardiovasc Toxicol 9:46-8. 2009..Thus, since methylergometrin may clearly induce coronary spasm when prescribed orally, chest pain occurring under oral treatment should require immediate attention even if atypical or in the absence of cardiovascular risk factors...
- Management of methylergonovine induced respiratory depression in a newborn with naloxoneR Sullivan
Department of Emergency Medicine and CNY Poison Center, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210 2375, USA
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 51:47-9. 2013..a case of a female neonate who developed respiratory depression following the unintentional administration of methylergonovine. The respiratory depression appeared to improve after the administration of bag mask ventilation, stimulation,..
- Management of cardiac arrest caused by coronary artery spasm: epinephrine/adrenaline versus nitratesGabor Kiss
Department of Anaesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care, University Hospital of Brest, France
Heart Lung 38:228-32. 2009..However, in cardiac arrest situations resulting from coronary artery spasm (CAS), the use of epinephrine/adrenaline could be deleterious...
- Association of ornithine transcarbamylase gene polymorphisms with hypertension and coronary artery vasomotionJulie Dumont
INSERM, U744, Lille, France
Am J Hypertens 22:993-1000. 2009..Our aim was to determine whether hypertension and coronary vasomotion could be associated with polymorphisms within the ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) gene, located on chromosome X and coding for a key-enzyme of the urea cycle...
- [Three cases of latex allergy complicated with anaphylaxis during cesarean section]Kaori Yamamoto
Division of Anesthesiology, Tokushima Red Cross Hospital, Komatsushima 773 8502
Masui 61:1080-4. 2012..We experienced three cases of latex anaphylaxis during cesarean section in one year...
- Methylergometrine poisoning in children: review of 34 casesAlec Aeby
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Children University Hospital Reine Fabiola, Free University of Brussels U L B, Brussels, Belgium
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:249-53. 2003..We describe the first case of oral methylergometrine poisoning requiring mechanical ventilation and alert physicians that oral exposure to methylergometrine may lead to severe complications...
- The angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene polymorphism is associated with coronary artery vasoconstrictionC Amant
CJF INSERM 95 05, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 29:486-90. 1997..This study sought to assess the potential association of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) and angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor gene polymorphisms on coronary vasomotion in humans...
- The effect of labetalol on contractility of human myometrial preparationsO Thulesius
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 66:237-40. 1987..In conclusion, from the present in vitro experiments using human myometrial preparations, it seems unlikely that labetalol would interfere with the normal process of labor when used for the treatment of pregnancy hypertension...
- The human G-protein beta3 subunit C825T polymorphism is associated with coronary artery vasoconstrictionA Meirhaeghe
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique INSERM U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
Eur Heart J 22:845-8. 2001..We assessed the potential association of the pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) gene C825T polymorphism on coronary vasomotion in humans...
- Modulation of contractions to ergonovine and methylergonovine by nitric oxide and thromboxane A2 in the human coronary arteryW Auch-Schwelk
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, German Heart Institute Berlin
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 36:631-9. 2000..This study explored the modulatory effects of nitric oxide and thromboxane A2 on contractions to ergonovine and methylergonovine in human coronary arteries...
- Myocardial ischemia due to vasospasm of small coronary arteries detected by methylergometrine maleate stress myocardial scintigraphyT Shimada
Department of Internal Medicine, Shimane Medical University, Japan
Clin Cardiol 22:795-802. 1999..Vasospasm of small coronary arteries was also considered from angiographic findings in patients with atypical chest pain. In Syrian hamster, vasospasm in small coronary arteries was considered to be the cause of dilated cardiomyopathy...
- [A combination of nifedipine and diltiazem in the treatment of refractory spastic angina]M Bory
Service de cardiologie, CHU Timone, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:581-4. 1989..7 micrograms/kg. Under treatment with D or N given separately, no test became negative, but the threshold doses of ergonovine rose to 4.5 and 4.6 micrograms/kg respectively (p less than 0.01).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Effect of methylergometrine maleate (methergin) on electrical and mechanical activities of pregnant human myometriumT Kawarabayashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Saga Medical School, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 29:246-9. 1990..It is suggested that methergin might potentiate contractions by changing the pattern of action potentials and not by alpha-adrenoceptor...
- Postpartum myocardial infarction induced by methergineK S Nall
Department of Emergency Medicine, Anderson Area Medical Center, SC, USA
Am J Emerg Med 16:502-4. 1998..The etiology and pathophysiology of coronary artery ectasia, as well as the cardiovascular effects of methergine and a related drug, ergotamine, are discussed...
- Regulation of placental 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase activity by obstetric drugsK Nagai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Prostaglandins Leukot Med 29:165-73. 1987..Inhibitory and stimulatory effects of these drugs suggested that they could directly regulate uterine activity and also indirectly influence the uterus due to their effects on prostaglandin catabolism in vivo...
- [Prospective study on the mechanism of myocardial infarction without significant coronary stenosis]I Canavy
Service de cardiologie A, CHU Timone, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:225-33. 1999..None of these abnormalities was observed in one case. The embolic cause of infarction was certain in 2 cases...
- [Two cases of pulmonary edema during and after cesarean section]Y Shimoda
Department of Anesthesia, Iwate Prefectural Central Hospital, Morioka
Masui 40:1411-6. 1991..In another case, chest rale was auscultated on postoperative round at 2 hours after operation. The cases suggest that pulmonary edema was caused by a large quantity of oxytocics, which increased volume load on systemic circulation...
- Pharmacokinetics of methysergide and its metabolite methylergometrine in the ratU Bredberg
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Drug Metab Dispos 18:338-43. 1990..5 to 1.9 ml/min per kg for the low and the high rate of iv infusion of MS, respectively.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Postpartum second degree heart block induced by MethergineV Gowri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 81:227-9. 2003
- Methylergonovine-induced diffuse coronary spasm in a patient with exercise-induced coronary spasm after heart transplantationR P Frantz
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905
J Heart Lung Transplant 13:834-9. 1994..Provocative testing with intracoronary acetylcholine and intravenous methylergonovine maleate was performed in an effort to document efficacy of the antispasm regimen...
- [Mitral insufficiency related to a spasm of the left anterior descending artery. A case report]F Thuny
Service de cardiologie, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 96:62-5. 2003..After a follow-up of more than one year, the patient remains asymptomatic and the regurgitation has never occurred...
- [Massive bleeding during and after cesarean section in a patient receiving frozen-thawed embryo transfer]Akiko Kawakami
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Yamanashi, Chuo 409 3898
Masui 61:1373-5. 2012..Frozen-thawed embryo transfer might be one of the important factors for placental invasion. We have to prepare for massive bleeding during and after the cesarean section in patients receiving frozen-thawed embryo transfer...
- Possible role of coronary artery spasm in unexplained syncopeY Igarashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Cardiol 65:713-7. 1990Coronary spasm provocation by intracoronary methylergonovine was performed in 14 patients (8 men and 6 women, mean age 56 +/- 6 years) with syncope that remained unexplained despite neurologic and noninvasive cardiac evaluations...
- Coronary artery spasm is a major cause of sudden cardiac arrest in survivors without underlying heart diseaseY Igarashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Coron Artery Dis 4:177-85. 1993..This study investigated the cause of cardiac arrest, and the etiologic and prognostic differences were compared between patients with underlying heart disease (group I) and those patients without underlying heart disease (group II)...
- Carboprost trometamol in the management of the third stage of laborH Abdel-Aleem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 42:247-50. 1993..To compare carboprost trometamol with methylergometrine in managing the third stage of labor...
- Postpartum severe sinus bradycardia following methylergonovine administrationS M Ibrahim
Anaesthesia Department, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
J Int Med Res 36:1129-33. 2008..Following uneventful delivery she received 0.2 mg methylergonovine maleate, intramuscularly...
- Anaesthesiological considerations on tocolytic and uterotonic therapy in obstetricsM Vercauteren
Department of Anaesthesia, Antwerp University and University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:701-9. 2009..Significant side effects of tocolytic and uterotonic substances may be of concern to the anaesthesiologist. Recently, new drugs have been introduced having less side effects for both the mother and the neonate...
- Toward a standard drug formulary for the treatment of headacheJ A Klapper
Colorado Neurology and Headache Center, Denver, USA
Headache 35:225-7. 1995..medications, such as calcium channel blockers, tricyclic antidepressants, serotonin reuptake inhibitors, methylergonovine, and divalproex sodium, are not available...
- [Angina-like chest pain of esophageal origin]M Bory
Service de cardiologie, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille
Presse Med 18:1970-3. 1989..Besides, these methods have refined the therapeutic approach since they also inform on the mechanisms of oesophageal pain...
- Ergometrine and methylergometrine tablets are not stable under simulated tropical conditionsA N de Groot
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Pharm Ther 20:109-13. 1995..The stability of oral preparations of the two ergometrine compounds under tropical conditions was unknown and was therefore examined in this study...
- Pharmacokinetics of methylergometrine in the rat: evidence for enterohepatic recirculation by a linked-rat modelU Bredberg
Department of Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Pharm Res 7:14-20. 1990..The fraction of unchanged methylergometrine excreted in the bile was less than 0.3% of the given dose, while the fraction of the dose being reabsorbed during one cycle (freabs) was 8.4 +/- 6.3%.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Application of uterotonics on the basis of regular ultrasonic evaluation of the uterus prevents unnecessary surgical intervention in the postpartum periodPavol Zubor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jessenius Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Kollarova 2, Martin, Slovak Republic
Arch Gynecol Obstet 282:261-7. 2010..We hypothesized that the application of uterotonics on the basis of regular postpartum ultrasound scanning of the uterus may reduce the number of unnecessary curettages in a large unselected population...
- [Vasospastic angina with angiographically normal coronary vessels of iatrogenic origin. Apropos of 2 cases]A Grand
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier de Valence
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 41:39-46. 1992..In this context, the major iatrogenic etiologies of vasospastic angina are recalled, together with the prophylactic and therapeutic measures they call for...
- Everolimus-eluting bioabsorbable stent--Abbot Vascular programmeYoshinobu Onuma
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 5:F98-F102. 2009..1. This latest revision of the BVS stent is being tested in the ABSORB cohort B trial,whose enrolment is expected to finish in November 2009...
- Coronary spasm-related acute myocardial infarction in a patient with essential thrombocythemiaChi Wen Cheng
Chi Wen Cheng, Ming Jui Hung, Department of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Keelung City 20401, Taiwan, China
World J Cardiol 3:278-80. 2011..Right coronary vasospasm was observed after intra-coronary methylergonovine administration and she received verapamil 120 mg/dthereafter and hydroxyurea 1500 mg/d for thrombocythemia...
- Different Doses of Sublingual Misoprostol versus Methylergometrine for the Prevention of Atonic Postpartum HaemorrhageM H Soltan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, El Menia Faculty of Medicine, El Menia University, Egypt
Int J Health Sci (Qassim) 1:229-36. 2007....
- Uterine rupture secondary to placenta percreta in a near-term pregnant woman with a history of hysterotomyChing Hui Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University and Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 37:71-4. 2011..2 mg methylergonovine, and primary repair of the defect, but in vain...
- Exacerbation of acetazolamide-responsive sodium channel myotonia by uterotonic agentsK Fujii
Department of Anesthesiology, Japanese Red Cross Society, Wakayama Medical Center, Wakayama City, Japan
Int J Obstet Anesth 20:76-9. 2011..The mechanism underlying increased muscle tone in response to these drugs remains unclear. Anesthesiologists should be especially attentive to the administration of uterotonic drugs during the management of pregnant myotonia patients...
- [Non invasive methylergometrine test should be carried out after cardiac arrest due to coronary spasm?]D Guindolet
Fédération de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal, rue du General Leclerc, 93370 Montfermeil, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 59:311-3. 2010..Technique (invasive versus not invasive) and indication of methylergometrine test for the follow-up of severe manifestations of coronary spasm should be better specified in international guidelines...
- [A case of myocardial infarction associated with pulmonary edema during curettage for hydatidiform mole]M Asada
Department of Anesthesiology, Yokohama City University, School of Medicine
Masui 40:113-8. 1991..PGF2 alpha is also known to cause peripheral as well as pulmonary vasoconstriction. Acute myocardial infarction induced by methylergometrin and PGF2 alpha may be a possible cause of this episode...
- [Long-term prognosis of coronary artery spasm]G Hannebicque
Service de cardiologie B, Hopital Cardiologique, Lille, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:461-7. 1990..Therefore, the long-term prognosis of patients with coronary spams is relatively satisfactory...
- [Drug-induced acute arterial occlusion]T Carrel
Klinik fur Thorax, Herz und Gefässchirurgie, Inselspital Bern
Helv Chir Acta 57:169-75. 1990..A well defined therapy of this rare complication has not been described; vasodilatators, nitroglycerin, calcium-antagonists and even streptokinase and balloon dilatation are proposed...
- What measured blood loss tells us about postpartum bleeding: a systematic reviewN L Sloan
Gynuity Health Projects, New York, NY, USA
BJOG 117:788-800. 2010..Meta-analyses of postpartum blood loss and the effect of uterotonics are biased by visually estimated blood loss...
- [Effect of ergonovine and the cold stress test on time intervals of left ventricular systole and their significance for the diagnosis of coronary heart disease]Z Gawor
I Klinik für Innere Krankheiten, Medizinischen Akademie Lódź
Z Gesamte Inn Med 43:445-9. 1988..The application of the analysis of the left-ventricular time intervals does not essentially enlarge the sensitiveness of the two tests in comparison to the analysis of the changes of the ST segment in the ECG...
- Human immunodeficiency virus and pregnancyParveen Reshi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, LD Hospital, GMC, Post Box 589, Srinagar, 190001, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:781-92. 2010..The mother-to-child transmission which was of major concern previously can now be significantly reduced by newer management strategies. This review stresses on the management of pregnancy in HIV...
- Efficacy of rectal misoprostol as second-line therapy for the treatment of primary postpartum hemorrhageMonideepa Baruah
Division of Clinical and Reproductive Genetics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
J Reprod Med 53:203-6. 2008To assess the efficacy of rectal misoprostol as second-line therapy in the management of primary postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) as compared to methylergonovine maleate.
- Uterine evacuation by vaginal misoprostol after second trimester pregnancy interruptionA Bugalho
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Central Hospital, Maputo, Mozambique
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 75:270-3. 1996..The purpose was to study the capacity of vaginal misoprostol in combination with methylergometrine to achieve complete evacuation of the uterus without ensuing surgical evacuation of the uterine cavity...
- Drugs and uterine motilityR G Payton
Parkland School of Nurse Midwifery at Parkland Memorial Hospital, University of Texas SWMC in Dallas, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 28:628-38. 1999..Knowledge of the differences and similarities among oxytoxics, ergots, prostaglandins, and the various drugs used as tocolytics is essential for safe and effective care of women and their fetuses who may be exposed to these agents...
- Baclofen in cluster headacheR Hering-Hanit
Department of Neurology, Meir General Hospital, Kfar Saba, and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Headache 40:48-51. 2000..steroids, methysergide, lithium carbonate, verapamil, valproate, capsaicin, leuprolide, clonidine, methylergonovine maleate, and melatonin. Baclofen, an antispastic agent, has been shown to have an antinociceptive action...
- [Acute anterior wall infarct in a 31-year-old patient after administration of methylergometrin for peripartal vaginal hemorrhage]M Ribbing
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin C Kardiologie und Angiologie, Institut für Arterioskleroseforschung, Universitatsklinikum Munster
Herz 26:489-93. 2001..After applying rtPA intravenously, coronary angiography showed 24 hours later an open vessel without thrombotic material (Figure 2)...
- Delayed vasospasm in late postpartum cerebral angiopathy after withdrawal of methylergometrineEtsuko Sekimoto
Cerebrovasc Dis 13:288-9. 2002
- The human G protein beta 3 subunit GNB3 825T polymorphismC K Naber
Eur Heart J 23:830. 2002
- Is rectal misoprostol really effective in the treatment of third stage of labor? A randomized controlled trialEray Caliskan
Social Security Council Maternity and Women s Health Teaching Hospital, Ballibaba sok No 86 3, 06660 Kucukesat, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1038-45. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare misoprostol 600 microg intrarectally with conventional oxytocics in the treatment of third stage of labor...