Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any form of purpura in which the PLATELET COUNT is decreased. Many forms are thought to be caused by immunological mechanisms.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Thrombocytopenic purpura and cardiomyopathy in pregnancy reversed by combined plasma exchange and infusionElizabeth M Cosmai
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Florida, USA
Eur J Haematol 68:239-42. 2002Thrombocytopenia and hemolytic anemia have been seen with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets), and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)...
- Absence of cytokine modulation following therapeutic infusion of intravenous immunoglobulin or anti-red blood cell antibodies in a mouse model of immune thrombocytopenic purpuraEric Aubin
Department of Research and Development, HEMA QUEBEC, QC, Canada
Br J Haematol 136:837-43. 2007..immunoglobulin (IVIg) and anti-D immunoglobulin preparations are used in the treatment of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- A possible role for low-dose cyclosporine in refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpuraGiovanni Emilia
Haematologica 93:1113-5. 2008
- Low platelet counts alone do not cause bleeding in an experimental immune thrombocytopenic purpura in miceVictoria Dominguez
Departamento de Inmunologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
Haematologica 88:679-87. 2003The physiopathogenesis of hemorrhagic phenomena in patients with autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura is associated with low platelet levels. In the present work the relation between thrombocytopenia and bleeding was examined...
- Severe thrombocytopenic purpura due to rubella infection in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosusF Boehlen
Haemostasis Unit, Division of Angiology and Haemostasis, Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Lupus 12:144-6. 2003We report the case of a woman suffering from systemic lupus erythematosus who developed a severe thrombocytopenic purpura (platelet count < 1 x 10(9)/l) secondary to rubella infection...
- Thrombocytopenic purpura: an unusual complication of eradication therapy for Helicobacter pyloriS Marchi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:665-7. 2002A case of severe thrombocytopenic purpura is described in a 56-year-old female following Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy consisting of omeprazole, clarithromycin and amoxycillin...
- Treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura: the patients' perspectiveAxel Matzdorff
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Caritasklinik St Theresia, Saarbruecken, Germany
Eur J Haematol 78:381-8. 2007The 1996 ASH guidelines recommend glucocorticoids and splenectomy as standard treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura following influenza vaccinationMoshe Tishler
Department of Medicine B, Asaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zrifin, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:322-3. 2006
- Impact of chronic Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) on health-related quality of life: a conceptual model starting with the patient perspectiveSusan D Mathias
Health Outcomes Solutions, P, O, Box 2343 Winter Park, Florida 32790, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 6:13. 2008Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a condition characterized by autoimmune-mediated platelet destruction and suboptimal platelet production, is associated with symptoms such as bruising, epistaxis, menorrhagia, mucosal bleeding from ..
- Antiphospholipid antibodies in immune thrombocytopenic purpura tend to emerge in exacerbation and decline in remissionCarlos J Bidot
Wallace H Coulter Platelet Laboratory, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Br J Haematol 128:366-72. 2005Although the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies (APLA) in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) has been reported, their clinical significance is not clear...
- Does treatment with intermittent infusions of intravenous anti-D allow a proportion of adults with recently diagnosed immune thrombocytopenic purpura to avoid splenectomy?Nichola Cooper
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:1922-7. 2002..whether repeated infusions of intravenous anti-D could allow adults with recently diagnosed immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) who had failed an initial steroid course to postpone and ultimately avoid splenectomy...
- Acute onset hemoglobinemia and/or hemoglobinuria and sequelae following Rh(o)(D) immune globulin intravenous administration in immune thrombocytopenic purpura patientsA R Gaines
Office of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Blood 95:2523-9. 2000..by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in March 1995 to treat patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- A disease-specific measure of health-related quality of life for use in adults with immune thrombocytopenic purpura: its development and validationSusan D Mathias
Ovation Research Group, 188 Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:11. 2007..measures are available to assess health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in adult subjects with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation associated with acute hemoglobinemia or hemoglobinuria following Rh(0)(D) immune globulin intravenous administration for immune thrombocytopenic purpuraAnn Reed Gaines
Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology HFM 220, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Blood 106:1532-7. 2005..licensed Rh(o)(D) immune globulin intravenous (anti-D IGIV) on March 24, 1995, for treatment of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Schizocytosis in pernicious anemia mimicking thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraLaurent Garderet
Am J Med 114:423-5. 2003
- Persistent B-cell depletion after rituximab for thrombocytopenic purpuraGianni Bisogno
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 166:85-6. 2007
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)D E Pace
The Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
Surg Endosc 17:95-8. 2003..We report our long-term follow-up data in patients who underwent LS for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage: the first presenting clinical feature of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraPunita Kumari Sodhi
Department of Ophthalmology, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India
Jpn J Ophthalmol 47:316-8. 2003Subconjunctival hemorrhage as the first presenting clinical feature of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, to the best of our knowledge, has not been reported earlier.
- Phenotypic analysis of bone marrow lymphocytes from children with acute thrombocytopenic purpuraDalai E L Guiziry
Department of Clinical Pathology, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 12:9-14. 2005..was to determine the incidence and clinical impact of bone marrow hematogones in cases of acute immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) among children...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura: investigation of the role of cytomegalovirus infectionAdam S Levy
Br J Haematol 126:622-3. 2004
- Platelet-associated CD154 in immune thrombocytopenic purpuraAnne Solanilla
CNRS FRE 2617 and UMR 5540, Universite de Bordeaux 2, France
Blood 105:215-8. 2005..In this study, we show that platelet-associated CD154 is increased in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a disease characterized by an autoimmune response against proteins of the platelet membrane...
- Health-related quality of life measured by the Short Form 36 in immune thrombocytopenic purpura: a cross-sectional survey in ChinaZeping Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, China
Eur J Haematol 78:518-23. 2007The aim of this study is to assess the quality of life (QoL) of Chinese adults with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- The role of antiplatelet autoantibody assays in the diagnosis of immune thrombocytopenic purpuraRobert McMillan
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, MEM 215, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 4:160-5. 2005Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a disorder almost always manifested by antibody-induced thrombocytopenia...
- Novel ADAMTS-13 mutations in an adult with delayed onset thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraZ Tao
Section of Thrombosis Research, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1931-5. 2006Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is associated with congenital and acquired deficiency of ADAMTS-13, a metalloprotease that cleaves von Willebrand factor (VWF) and reduces its adhesive activity...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpuraV Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Indian J Pediatr 75:723-8. 2008Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is the commonest cause of sudden onset thrombocytopenia in a healthy child. The condition is frequently preceded by a viral infection...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura - current management practicesS Gerald Sandler
Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Laboratory Medicine, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:2515-27. 2004The treatment of patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is changing rapidly, as new agents demonstrate the capability of improving outcomes and decreasing toxicity...
- Thrombocytopenic purpura associated with brucellosis: report of 2 cases and literature reviewE J Young
Medical Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Infect Dis 31:904-9. 2000..We describe 2 patients infected with Brucella melitensis who presented with thrombocytopenic purpura, and we review 41 additional cases from the literature...
- Comparison of platelet counts in first and second newborns of mothers with immune thrombocytopenic purpuraG C Christiaens
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Utrecht University Hospital, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 90:546-52. 1997This study was designed to estimate the predictive value of the first neonatal platelet count for the second neonate in women with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- Negative regulation of human megakaryocytopoiesis by human platelet factor 4 and beta thromboglobulin: comparative analysis in bone marrow cultures from normal individuals and patients with essential thrombocythaemia and immune thrombocytopenic purpuraZ C Han
INSERM U 150, UA 334 CNRS, Institut des Vaisseaux et du Sang, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Br J Haematol 74:395-401. 1990..colony formation in normal subjects as well as in essential thrombocythaemia (ET) and in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) was studied...
- The cost of treating immune thrombocytopenic purpura using intravenous Rh immune globulin versus intravenous immune globulinS G Sandler
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am J Hematol 63:156-8. 2000Multiple factors, including efficacy, toxicity and cost, may influence the decision to treat immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) with intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) or intravenous Rho (D) immune globulin (IV RhIG)...
- Myocardial necrosis in patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: pathophysiology and rationale for specific therapyDavid C Sane
Section on Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University, School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1082, USA
Eur J Haematol 82:83-92. 2009Myocardial necrosis is now recognized as a common feature of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), usually due to platelet plugging in the microvasculature...
- A dose of 75 microg/kg/d of i.v. anti-D increases the platelet count more rapidly and for a longer period of time than 50 microg/kg/d in adults with immune thrombocytopenic purpuraG C Newman
Divisions of Hematology/Oncology, New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E. 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 112:1076-8. 2001..human immunodeficiency virus-negative, adult, acute, non-splenectomized patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and platelet counts < or = 30 x 109/l...
- Chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura in children: assessment of rituximab treatmentJulie Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Pediatr 146:217-21. 2005This study examined the efficacy and safety of rituximab in children with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Predictive factors for successful laparoscopic splenectomy in immune thrombocytopenic purpura: study of clinical and laboratory dataC Balague
Service of Surgery, Hospital de Sant Pau, C Padre Claret 167, 08025, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Endosc 20:1208-13. 2006..splenectomy (LS) offers better short-term results than open surgery for the treatment of immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), but long-term follow-up is required to ensure its efficacy...
- Refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura: current strategies for investigation and managementBethan Psaila
Platelet Disorders Center, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 143:16-26. 2008There is currently no consensus on how best to manage refractory immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Thrombocytopenic purpura associated with miliary tuberculosisSurat Tongyoo
Intensive Care Unit, Division of Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:976-80. 2003..Bone marrow examination is very helpful in this situation...
- Human granulocytic ehrlichiosis presenting with acute renal failure and mimicking thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. A case report and reviewK S Modi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Am J Nephrol 19:677-81. 1999..and a small number of fragmented red cells on peripheral smear mimicking recurrent thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia developed 2 years after the onset of immune thrombocytopenic purpura like syndromeA U Ural
Department of Hematology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Haematologia (Budap) 30:221-4. 2000An 80-year old man was diagnosed as having immune thrombocytopenic purpura based on epistaxis, purpura and by the platelet count 8 x 10(9)/l...
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for hematologic disorders: experience with the first fifty patientsPradeep K Chowbey
Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 15:28-32. 2005..Splenectomy is increasingly being performed by various minimal access surgical modalities for select hematologic disorders...
- Spontaneous fatal intracranial hemorrhage in a child with Evans syndromeAntonio Ruggiero
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:403-8. 2003..Early recognition and aggressive management is required for an adequate management of this rare complication...
- Survey of the use and clinical effectiveness of HPA-1a/5b-negative platelet concentrates in proven or suspected platelet alloimmunizationD L Allen
National Blood Service, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9BQ, UK
Transfus Med 14:409-17. 2004..Increased use and cost-effectiveness could be achieved by the delivery of an educational programme to neonatal unit clinical staff to increase the awareness and appropriate treatment of NAIT...
- Neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenic purpura associated with HPA-5aYukako Yoshikane
Department of Pediatrics, Kyushu Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Pediatr Int 46:363-5. 2004
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 13-2004. A newborn girl with a large cutaneous lesion, thrombocytopenia, and anemiaJohn B Mulliken
Division of Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial Center, and Vascular Anomalies Center, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1764-75. 2004
- Serum IL-2 and platelet-associated immunoglobulins are good prognostic markers in immune thrombocytopenic purpuraLubna M Tag
Department of Clinical Pathology, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 11:121-32. 2004Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is an acquired disease in which autoantibodies to platelets cause their sequestration and destruction by mononuclear macrophages, principally in the spleen...
- Clinical features and treatment outcomes of 79 infants with immune thrombocytopenic purpuraClaudio Sandoval
Department of Pediatrics and the Graduate School of Health Sciences, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:109-12. 2004To determine the clinical features and treatment outcomes of infants with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- Use of intravenous anti-D in patients with refractory and relapsed immune thrombocytopenic purpuraR Sajid
Department of Pathology, The Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 53:537-9. 2003..To determine the response to i.v. anti-D and its comparison with splenectomy as second line therapy in refractory and relapsed cases of ITP, in the Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi...
- Initial management of children with newly diagnosed idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in the Nordic countriesIris Treutiger
Paediatric Department of Sachs Children s Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 95:726-31. 2006To describe the management practices of newly diagnosed childhood idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) in the Nordic countries.
- [Laparoscopic splenectomy in hematological diseases]Fernando Maluenda
Departamento de Corugía, Hospital Clinico Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Rev Med Chil 132:189-94. 2004Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is the most common indication for elective splenectomy. The laparoscopic approach has been used over the past ten years.
- Results of laparoscopic splenectomy for immune thrombocytopenic purpuraVirachai Mahatharadol
Department of Surgery, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 89:821-5. 2006To study the safety and efficacy of Laparoscopic Splenectomy (LS) for Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP).
- A single dose of anti-D immunoglobulin raises platelet count as efficiently as intravenous immunoglobulin in newly diagnosed immune thrombocytopenic purpura in Korean childrenDong Woo Son
Department of Pediatrics, Gil Medical Center, Gachon Medical School, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, Korea
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 30:598-601. 2008The aim of this study is to compare the efficacy and safety of a single dose of anti-D immunoglobulin (anti-D) at 50 mug/kg to intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in Korean children with acute immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- Post-transfusion purpura (PTP) and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)Karen Lise Welling
Department of Intensive Care, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Haematol 71:68-71. 2003..The patient was treated with platelet transfusions, corticosteroids and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) without permanent beneficial effect. After treatment with plasma exchange the platelet count increased to normal values...
- Increasing the platelet count in chronic ITPAlan T Nurden
Centre de Reference des Pathologies Plaquettaires, Hôpital Xavier Arnosan, 33600 Pessac, France
Lancet 371:362-4. 2008
- Recombinant human interferon alpha-2a therapy in children with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpuraHana Hrstkova
Department of Pediatrics, Children s University Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:299-303. 2002In a prospective study, 11 children with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura between ages 3 and 18 years were treated with recombinant human interferon alpha 2a (rhIFN alpha-2a).
- Chronic ITP: analysis of various factors at presentation which predict failure to first line treatment and their response to second line therapyNaveen Naz Syed
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 57:126-9. 2007To observe the significance of various factors in chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) which predict the response of first line (corticosteroids) and second line therapy (splenectomy) and to evaluate their response to second ..
- A second case of post-transfusion purpura caused by HPA-5a antibodies: successful treatment with intravenous immunoglobulinA Ziman
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, B700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Vox Sang 83:165-6. 2002..She was successfully treated with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), suggesting that this is a highly effective mode of treatment for PTP, regardless of the antibody implicated...
- [Pregnancy and delivery in women with thrombocytopenia]E Szkodny
Ginekol Pol 72:1296-9. 2001..Among all newborns only one had thrombocytopenia, platelet count 45,000 per cubic millimeter, without neonatal intracranial hemorrhage. 6 women had cesarean section and 2 patients delivered naturally...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura during pregnancy: laparoscopic treatmentB V Anglin
Department of Hematology/Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235-9092, USA
JSLS 5:63-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: Immune thrombocytopenia purpura can be an indication for splenectomy. As demonstrated in appendectomy, cholecystectomy, and our case presentation, laparoscopic splenectomy can be safely performed during pregnancy...
- Isolated splenic tuberculosisN Bheerappa
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Punjagutta, Hyderabad-500 082, India
Trop Gastroenterol 22:117-8. 2001..One case presented as pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO) and another with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). Both were found to have splenic tuberculosis after splenectomy...
- Immune thrombocytopenic purpura as a complication of Bartonella henselae infectionEmilio Palumbo
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Ospedale di Sondrio, Sondrio, Italy
Infez Med 16:99-102. 2008Immune thrombocytopenic purpura is an infrequent yet well-recognized complication of viral infections, such as mumps, rubella, varicella, cytomegalovirus, parvovirus and infectious monunucleosis by Epstein-Barr virus...
- Evaluation of clinical characteristics, diagnosis and management in childhood immune thrombocytopenic purpura: a single center's experienceUlker Kocak
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:250-5. 2007Diagnostic evaluation and management in childhood immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) are controversial. We reviewed the files of 162 children with ITP to evaluate clinical characteristics, response to treatment and outcome...
- An unusual case of severe neonatal thrombocytopeniaCindy K Barney
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, McKay Dee Hospital, Intermountain Health Care, 4401 Harrison Boulevard, Ogden, UT 84403, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 7:66-8. 2007..The patient's platelet count remains normal at a 2-year follow-up. This case is reported as an instructive atypical case of NAIT, in which the relevant platelet antigen could not be identified...
- The natural history of maternal immunization against foetal platelet alloantigensH Ohto
Division of Blood Transfusion and Transplantation Immunology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Hikariga oka, Fukushima City, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Transfus Med 14:399-408. 2004..No cases of intracranial bleeding or death due to FMAIT were recorded. Generalized purpura due to FMAIT occurs in one in 9359 (95% CI: 1 in 77 519-1 in 2591) pregnancies solely because of HPA-4b incompatibility...
- Rapid and reliable genotyping of human platelet antigen (HPA)-1, -2, -3, -4, and -5 a/b and Gov a/b by melting curve analysisIngrid Randen
Departments of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ulleval University Hospital, Kirkeveien 166, 0407 Oslo, Norway
Transfusion 43:445-50. 2003The probability for occurrence of neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenic purpura (NAITP) depends largely on the frequency of each individual phenotype in various populations...
- Neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia, purpura, and anemia in 6 neonatal pigletsLorraine M Forster
Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Can Vet J 48:855-7. 2007..Six piglets were affected and displayed signs of lethargy and depression with petechiation, ecchymosis, and severe bruising of the skin. All 6 piglets died or were euthanized by 3 days of age...
- Cardiobacterium hominis endocarditis associated with very severe thrombocytopenia and platelet autoantibodiesDonald M Arnold
Department of Hematology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Hematol 76:373-7. 2004..This report illustrates that the development of platelet autoantibodies can contribute to very severe thrombocytopenia in occasional patients with infective endocarditis...
- Severe HPA-15b related neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaP Moncharmont
French Blood Establishment, Rhône Alpes Lyon Department, Lyon, France
Acta Paediatr 96:1701-3. 2007..The infant's PLT count was 267 x 10(9)/L on day 6. The maternal platelet group was HPA-15a/a and her infant was HPA-15a/b. Anti-HPA-15b antibodies was found in maternal serum...
- Defining the learning curve for laparoscopic splenectomy for immune thrombocytopenia purpuraMichael B Peters
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, 6550 Fannin, Suite 1661, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 188:522-5. 2004The current study was undertaken to define the learning curve for laparoscopic splenectomy (LS) in patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
- [The case of spleen's tumor and trombocytopenia in pregnant women]Katarzyna Leszczynska
Klinika Połoinictwa Akademii Medycznej w Gdańisku
Ginekol Pol 77:876-80. 2006..Termination of the pregnancy by cesarean section was performed because of a big risk for the mother and child (tumor's crack, haemorrhage, infection). The same time the splenectomy was conducted. The results were successful...
- [Parvovirus B19 thrombocytopenic purpura complicated with a cerebral hemorrhage]P Tourneux
Service de médecine néonatale et réanimation pédiatrique polyvalente, CHU d Amiens, Hopital Nord, 1, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Arch Pediatr 12:281-3. 2005Severe hemorrhage complications are rare in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. This pathology is often considered as benign.
- 99mTc-sulphur-colloid and heat-denatured 99mTc-labelled red cell scans demonstrating a giant intrapelvic spleen in a girl after splenectomyP F Kao
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Tauyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Pediatr Radiol 31:283-5. 2001..The size and development of the giant intrapelvic spleen are unusual. The usefulness of functional images to diagnosis the nature of the intrapelvic mass is well demonstrated...
- Acute renal failure, translocational hyponatremia and hyperkalemia following intravenous immunoglobulin therapyEugene Daphnis
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Greece
Nephron Clin Pract 106:c143-8. 2007..Intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy has been associated with renal adverse effects and electrolyte disturbances...
- Intravenous gamma globulin is effective as an urgent treatment in Brucella-induced severe thrombocytopenic purpuraFevzi Altuntas
Department of Hematology, Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Am J Hematol 80:204-6. 2005..We report a case of a patient infected with Brucella melitensis who was admitted with a severe case of thrombocytopenic purpura. The patient responded well to intravenous gamma globulin (IVIg) treatment with platelet recovery within ..
- Immune-mediated thrombocytopenic purpura associated with Toxoplasma gondii infection in an immunocompetent patientMelanie Deutsch
Academic Department of Internal Medicine, Hippocration General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hematol J 5:538-9. 2004..the case of a 16-year-old previous healthy adolescent who presented with bleeding due to immune-mediated thrombocytopenic purpura during an acute acquired T. gondii infection...
- Acute human parvovirus B-19 infection in hospitalized children: A serologic and molecular surveyDan Miron
Department of Pediatrics A, Haemek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:898-901. 2006..The extent and clinical manifestations of acute human parvovirus B19 (B19) infection were assessed in previously healthy hospitalized children admitted with clinical syndromes potentially associated the virus...
- Risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after measles-mumps-rubella immunization in childrenEric K France
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kaiser Pemanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80231, USA
Pediatrics 121:e687-92. 2008..The measles-mumps-rubella vaccine has been associated with immune thrombocytopenia purpura in 2 small studies...
- Fc receptor blockade in patients with refractory chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura with anti-D IgGRaúl Ambriz-Fernández
Banco Central de Sangre, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI CMNSXXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 33:536-40. 2002This is an evaluation of the treatment of 63 patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (54 splenectomized and nine nonsplenectomized) with weekly doses of anti-D (IgG)-coated red blood cells (RBCs).
- Effects of high-dose methylprednisolone therapy on coagulation factors in patients with acute immune thrombocytopenic purpuraAhmet Faik Oner
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 11:489-92. 2005Autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a disease that presents with skin and mucous membrane bleeding due to thrombocytopenia...
- An unusual presentation of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in pregnancyJ Sudharma Ranasinghe
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Clin Anesth 17:66-8. 2005..Hematology tests performed before the cesarean delivery revealed severe thrombocytopenia. This was later diagnosed as idiopathic thrombocytopenia, which was treated successfully with steroid therapy...
- Acquired amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia purpura and eosinophilic fasciitis: a long relapsing and remitting courseUzair B Chaudhary
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Am J Hematol 75:146-50. 2004..Later in the treatment course, dosing of anti-thymocyte globulin (ATG) appeared to have important beneficial contributions in the management of this patient's disease...
- Thrombopoietin mimetic agents in the management of immune thrombocytopenic purpuraAdrian Newland
Department of Haematology, Centre for Haematology, The Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Semin Hematol 44:S35-45. 2007..platelets in healthy subjects and in significant increases in platelets in patients with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- [Metastatic prostate cancer complicated with chronic disseminated intravascular coagulopathy causing acute renal failure, mimicking thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and hemolytic uremic syndrome: pathomechanism, differential diagnosis and therapy relatDániel Deme
Szent Lázár Megyei Kórház Belgyógyászati Osztály 3100 Salgótarján Füleki út 54 56
Magy Onkol 54:351-7. 2010..The similar clinical and laboratory findings of TTP-HUS (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura - hemolytic uremic syndrome) and DIC makes it difficult to differentiate between them...
- Romiplostim in chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpuraRobert J Cersosimo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Ther 31:1887-907. 2009Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is characterized by platelet deficiency due to platelet destruction and/or inadequate production. Initial therapy consists of corticosteroids or intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg)...
- Thrombotic microangiopathies: thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura / hemolytic uremic syndromeMaria Goretti Polito
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bras Nefrol 32:303-15. 2010..Two typical phenotypes of TMAs are hemolytic- uremic syndrome (HUS) and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). Other disorders occasionally present with similar manifestations...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy in malignant hypertension and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)/ thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP): can we differentiate one from the other?Yugo Shibagaki
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:89-95. 2005..other hand, severe hypertension is sometimes associated with hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS)/thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Interventions for hemolytic uremic syndrome and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsMini Michael
Renal Section Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 53:259-72. 2009Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) are related conditions with similar clinical features of variable severity...
- Treatment options for chronic refractory idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in adults: focus on romiplostim and eltrombopagJyoti D Chouhan
Department of Pharmacy, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, Temple, Texas 76508, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:666-83. 2010Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a platelet disorder that affects approximately 1 in 10,000 people...
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraBernard Delaitre
Department of Surgery, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:412-9. 2002..multicenter study by questionnaire to evaluate the results of laparoscopic splenectomy for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). Between 1991 and 1998, 209 patients with a mean age of 41...
- High-dose plasma infusion versus plasma exchange as early treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic-uremic syndromePaul Coppo
Laboratoire Hématopoïèse et Cellules souches, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:27-38. 2003Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and adult hemolytic-uremic syndrome (TTP/HUS) have a substantial mortality rate even with currently available treatments...
- A disease-specific measure of health-related quality of life in adults with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura: psychometric testing in an open-label clinical trialSusan D Mathias
Ovation Research Group, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Clin Ther 29:950-62. 2007The Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura Patient Assessment Questionnaire (ITP-PAQ) was developed to assess disease-specific quality of life (QoL) in adults with ITP...
- A transforming growth factor-beta1-mediated bystander immune suppression could be associated with remission of chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraP O Andersson
Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Ann Hematol 79:507-13. 2000..We have studied serum levels of Th cytokines and B- and T-lymphocyte subsets in chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), a disorder in which the production of platelet autoantibodies might be caused by a cytokine ..
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura associated with ticlopidine in the setting of coronary artery stents and stroke preventionC L Bennett
Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill, USA
Arch Intern Med 159:2524-8. 1999One of the most unusual causes of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), a life-threatening disease, is ticlopidine hydrochloride, an antiplatelet agent used to prevent strokes in high-risk populations or following coronary artery ..
- Nine years of cascade filtration for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraM Valbonesi
Department of Immunohematology, San Martino University Hospital, Genova, Italy
Ther Apher Dial 8:87-92. 2004Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) continues to attract physicians' attention because of its unpredictable course and underlying pathogenetic mechanisms...
- Plasma exchange therapy for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in pediatric patients with liver transplantationC H Lee
Division of Nephrology, Liver Transplant Program, Chang Gung Memorial Hosptial Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 40:2554-6. 2008Sporadic cases of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) have been reported in bone marrow and solid organ transplant patients receiving cyclosporine (CsA)...
- von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and the hemolytic-uremic syndromeM Furlan
Central Hematology Laboratory, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 339:1578-84. 1998Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and the hemolytic-uremic syndrome are severe microvascular disorders of platelet clumping with similar signs and symptoms...
- [Correlation between clinical outcome of 115 patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and megakaryocyte counts in bone marrow biopsy]Li Yu Zhou
Hematology Department, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai Sixth Hospital, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:202-6. 2011..the number of megakaryocytes in bone marrow smear and trephine biopsy on clinical outcome of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura and common variable immunodeficiency: analysis of 21 cases and review of the literatureMarc Michel
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Creteil, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:254-63. 2004To describe the main characteristics and outcome of autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura (AITP) in patients with common variable immunodeficiency (CVID), we analyzed data from 21 patients and reviewed additional cases from the literature...
- Eltrombopag (75 mg) does not induce photosensitivity: results of a clinical pharmacology trialCarolyn J Bowen
Oncology R and D Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, PO Box 13398, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 3398, USA
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 26:243-9. 2010..thrombopoietin receptor agonist approved in the United States for the treatment of chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura and under investigation for treatment of thrombocytopenia due to other etiologies...
- Effect of plasma exchange on cytokines measured by multianalyte bead array in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraSherry Shariatmadar
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Hematol 79:83-8. 2005The serum cytokine profile in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) has not been extensively characterized...
- Incidence and clinical course of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura due to ticlopidine following coronary stenting. EPISTENT Investigators. Evaluation of Platelet IIb/IIIa Inhibitor for StentingS R Steinhubl
Department of Cardiology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Tex 78236 5300, USA
JAMA 281:806-10. 1999Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a rare and often fatal disorder characterized by thrombocytopenia, microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, mental status changes, and renal dysfunction...
- Predictors of response after laparoscopic splenectomy for immune thrombocytopenic purpuraN Katkhouda
Department of Surgery, Division of Emergency Non Trauma and Minimally Invasive Surgery, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Health Care Consultation Center 514, 1510 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Surg Endosc 15:484-8. 2001Splenectomy has been shown to produce long term remission in patients with immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). With the development of laparoscopic splenectomy, there is renewed interest in the surgical treatment of ITP...
- Two novel ADAMTS13 gene mutations in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic-uremic syndrome (TTP/HUS)Christoph Licht
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Children s Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Kidney Int 66:955-8. 2004Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS) are now considered to be variants of one single syndrome called thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic-uremic syndrome (TTP/HUS)...
- Oklahoma Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceJudith A James; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research projects focus on thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, systemic lupus erythematosus, and Sj"gren's syndrome, which are also focuses of the Clinical Center...
- Determination of a Mechanism for the Thrombocytopenia of WASTed S Strom; Fiscal Year: 2010..platelet consumption plays a central role in this condition, which has multiple similarities to immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Single molecule measurements on von Willebrand factor A1 and A2 domainsTimothy A Springer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Inherited or acquired deficiency of ADAMTS13 causes life-threatening thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Molecular Genetic Study of von Willebrand FactorDavid Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2013..for 2 related disorders of VWF and FVIII were identified: ADAMTS13 as the cause of familial thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and MCFD2/LMAN1 as the cause of combined deficiency for factors V and VIII...
- Signaling Mechanism of Platelet Glycoprotein Ib-IXXiaoping Du; Fiscal Year: 2013..Under certain pathological conditions such as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), binding of GPIb-IX to circulating ultra-large VWF multimers induces microthrombosis and ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF COAGULATION DISORDERSDavid Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2013..strain variation to identify additional thrombosis modifiers, as well as modifier genes for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP);(2) continue to explore the critical factors that limit factor VIII expression...
- Von Willebrand Factor Multimer Assembly and StructureJ Evan Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2012..metalloprotease, cleaves VWF multimers at sites of thrombosis, and ADAMTS13 deficiency causes thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY STRUCTURES AT VASCULAR CELL SURFACESTimothy A Springer; Fiscal Year: 2013..small molecules and macromolecules including fibrinogen and Del-1, and the structural basis for immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Project 2 (Springer) focuses on the molecular basis for rolling and firm adhesion through interaction of ..
- Pharmacology and Bioengineering of New Treatment of ITPJoseph P Balthasar; Fiscal Year: 2010Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a common autoimmune disease that is associated with ~50,000 new cases each year in the United States...
- Proteases in the Pathogenesis and Treatment of ThrombosisJ Evan Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2013..deficiency in thrombotic microangiopathy, and evaluate treatments to prevent relapses in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Project 2 will employ genomic sequencing to identify defects in complement regulation and hemostasis ..
- BIOMECHANICS OF UNFOLDING THE A2 DOMAIN OF VON WILLEBRAND FACTORJin Yu Shao; Fiscal Year: 2012..On the one hand, insufficient VWF cleavage leads to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a disease characterized by microvascular thrombosis;on the other hand, excessive cleavage of VWF leads ..
- Regulation of von Willebrand Factor ReactivityJOSE ARON LOPEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a catastrophic and potentially fatal microvascular thrombotic disorder associated with congenital or acquired deficiency of the plasma metalloprotease ADAMTS-13...
- Systems Biology of In Vivo Human Blood Cell PopulationsJOHN MATTHEW HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2012..types of disease including cancer (leukemia), infection (sepsis), and autoimmune disease (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura)...
- STAT Palm-Sized Blood CounterEUGENE YAN HO CHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Platelet values may drop significantly during chemotherapy and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. During these situations, close and frequent monitoring of a patient's CBC is a must to deliver the ..
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Core Clinical CenterThomas L Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2012..In contrast, many hemostatic disorders, such as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and hemophilia A patients with inhibitors, are relatively rare, making it difficult to answer ..
- Immunoregulatory responses in patients with ITPKarina Yazdanbakhsh; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is a bleeding autoimmune disease with accelerated platelet destruction as a result of breakdown of immune tolerance...
- STAT Palm-Sized Blood CounterEUGENE YAN HO CHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Platelet values may drop significantly during chemotherapy and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. During these situations, close and frequent monitoring of a patient's blood counts is a must to ..
- MGH Transfusion Medicine and Hemostasis Network Clinical Core CenterDavid J Kuter; Fiscal Year: 2012..transfusion dose of platelets or fresh frozen plasma (FFP) as well as the optimal therapy for immune thrombocytopenic purpura (IIP) and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) are not understood...
- Functional analysis of ADAMTS13 David G Motto; Fiscal Year: 2010..VWF) and the newly described metalloprotease ADAMTS13 play in pathogenesis of the disease thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). ADAMTS13 deficiency in humans causes TTP...
- Forecasters of futute and progressive CDK in patients with microvascular glomerulHaifeng M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..glomerular injury due to autoimmune disease (lupus nephritis, SLE), thrombotic disease (thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, TTP), and metabolic disease (diabetes mellitus, DM)...
- Structural bases of ADAMTS-13 and VWF A2 interactionsCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Malfunction in the interactions may lead to von Willebrand disease and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. ADAMTS- 13/VWF interaction are regulated mechanically as they take place in the hydrodynamic environment ..
- Novel Therapeutics for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic PurpuraX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a fatal syndrome. Acquired TTP is mainly caused by autoantibodies that inhibit ADAMTS13 enzyme...
- Ph 3 of Cyclosporine or Corticosteroids Adjunct to Plasma Exhcange in Tx of TTPHaifeng M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ohio State University (OSU) to build a translational research program in the orphan disease thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Research NetworkKeith R McCrae; Fiscal Year: 2012..this period is to continue to evaluate promising new therapies for hemostatic disorders such as immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), as well as new blood products such as platelets and ..
- WEIBEL PALADE BODY FORMATION AND ROLE IN HEMOSTASISDENISA WAGNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..granules both in homeostasis and in mouse disease models of acute and chronic inflammation, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and stroke. The project will consist of three interrelated Specific Aims...
- Mechanical Regulation of Binding and Cleavage of VWF by ADAMTS-13Cheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2012..new therapeutic approaches to inhibiting pathological platelet adhesion during thrombosis and/or intervention to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and/or the bleeding disorder von Willebrand diseases (VWD).
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Trials NetworkEllis J Neufeld; Fiscal Year: 2011..thrombopoietin-mimetic agent plus standard care, versus standard care, in children with persistent immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Study of TTP: Incidence Rates and Risk FactorsCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2005Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a life-threatening disease characterized by a pentad of symptoms including microangiopathic hemolytic anemia (MAHA), thrombocytopenia, neurologic symptoms, fever, and renal dysfunction...
- PLATELET AGGLUTINATION IN THROMBOTIC MICROANGIOPATHYERIC LIAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..and thrombotic disorders with emphasis on the thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA), such as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and hemolytic uremic syndrome...
- Disease pathophysiology in a murine model of TTPDavid G Motto; Fiscal Year: 2013..a five year research program investigating pathophysiology of the human thrombotic disease thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- A platelet ligand mimetic for neurothrombotic disordersCatherine Woods; Fiscal Year: 2006..such as stroke, cerebral hemorrhage and cerebral thrombotic complications in disorders such as thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), cerebral malaria, meningitis vascular dementia and Alzheimer's Disease (AD) where localized ..
- DRUG ETIOLOGY OF APLASTIC ANEMIA AND RELATED DYSCRASIASDavid Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 1991..those used for chemotherapy and immunotherapy) in the etiology of aplastic anemia, agranulocytosis, and thrombocytopenic purpura will be continued...
- VON WILLEBRAND FACTOR AND THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF TTPJoel Moake; Fiscal Year: 1990..are active in clinical and basic research work on the paradigm arterial thrombotic disease, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Nitric Oxide Donor Compounds for the Treatment of Hemolytic ConditionsDANIEL KIM SHAPIRO; Fiscal Year: 2009..cell disease and paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), thalassemia intermedia, malaria, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, hemolytic uremic syndrome and cardiopulmonary bypass result in release of Hb into the plasma compartment ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF AUTOANTIBODIES IN IMMUNE CYTOPENIASDenise Shaw; Fiscal Year: 1992The etiologies of chronic autoimmune cytopenias like idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (AITP) and warm-reactive hemolytic anemia (AIHA) are unknown...
- "Development of a Laboratory Test for TTP"Christopher Hillyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..application to develop a laboratory test for the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- TTP PATHOGENESIS IN MODEL SYSTEMS IN VITRO AND IN VIVODavid Acheson; Fiscal Year: 1999This research proposal is a response to NHLBI RFA HL-95-007 (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) and HIV)...
- International Network and Registry for TMAHoward Trachtman; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are two major clinical phenotypes associated with TMA - hemolytic uremic syndrome and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. These orphan diseases can be triggered by infectious agents, drugs, underlying medical conditions, organ ..
- ENDOTHELIAL GB3 SPECIES INVOLVED IN HUS PATHOGENESISDAVID NEWBURG; Fiscal Year: 2003..system (CNS) injury are life-threatening complications of hemolytic uremic syndrome and thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (HUS/TTP). Survivors of HUS/TTP sometimes suffer irreversible damage...
- MECHANISMS OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL INJURY IN TTP/HUSJerome Gottschall; Fiscal Year: 1999Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a multi-system disorder characterized by micro angiopathic hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, neurologic abnormalities, and less commonly, fever and renal abnormalities...
- PHYSICAL FORCES EFFECTS ON PLATELETSJ Hellums; Fiscal Year: 2000..involve studies on platelets from normal subjects, as well as on platelets from patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and other disorders...
- THE ENDOTHELIAL CELL IN PATHOGENESIS OF TTPJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2004..cell (MVEC) apoptosis plays a key role in the pathophysiology of idiopathic and HIV-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Biological Role of ADAMTS ProteasesSUNEEL APTE; Fiscal Year: 2007..corresponding roles in disorders such as dermatosparaxis, arthritis, brain tumor invasion and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. However, the biological function of most ADAMTS proteases is not known...
- Thrombocytopenia & HIV/HCV: Risk Factors & TreatmentKristen Marks; Fiscal Year: 2009..with expertise in patient-oriented research related to HIV infection, HCV infection, and immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Under the supervision of mentors, Drs...
- VW Factor Cleaving Prostease and Thrombotic DiseasesDOMINIC CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (UP) is a thrombotic microangiopathic disorder that is associated with a deficiency of a protease activity that depolymerizes von Willebrand factor in plasma...
- 'AUTOIMMUNE' THROMBOCYTOPENIANazareth Gengozian; Fiscal Year: 1980..in posttransfusion purpura in man, a hematologic disorder falling within the syndrome of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. The form of platelet (antigen) administration and route of injection are important variables since ..
- 2002 Gordon Research Conference on HemostasisDavid Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2002..function of coagulation factors, 4) genetics of inherited bleeding and clotting disorders, 5) thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and the ADAMTS13 protease, 6) new therapeutic approaches to the treatment of thrombosis and hemorrhage, 7)..
- PLATELET STUDIES IN THROMBOCYTOPENIAWendell Rosse; Fiscal Year: 1991We propose to investigate the binding of antibodies to platelets in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia with high platelet-bound IgG, drug-induced thrombocytopenia, and alloimmune thrombocytopenia due to ..
- A Novel Blood Typing Reagent: Polymeric Anti-Rh IgGKoteswara Chintalacharuvu; Fiscal Year: 2001..of the newborn due to Rh incompatibility (Rh-HDN) and for the treatment of idiopathic or HIV-related thrombocytopenic purpura. Using our approach it is possible both to use variable regions of differing specificity and affinity and ..
- STUDIES OF PLATELET KINETICS IN MAN USING INDIUM-IIIMin Fu Tsan; Fiscal Year: 1980..We will begin our studies using indium-111 platelets in human disease with a reassessment of the role of the spleen in idiopathic (immune) thrombocytopenic purpura and of platelet kinetics in patients with homocystinuria.
- APOPTOSIS OF MICROVASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL CELLS IN HUSJeffrey Laurence; Fiscal Year: 2000..and compared with the effect of plasmas from subsets of patients with a related thrombopathy, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), who show limited renal pathology...
- Development of Soluble FcR-Ig Fusion ProteinsLeslie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is an attractive initial target for an agent blocking the interaction between immune complexes and ..
- 2006 Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is through this near one to one ratio with the trainees that ASH intends to foster and sustain interest in clinical hematologic research and thereby help stimulate the career development of future clinical researchers in hematology. ..
- IMMUNE CLEARANCE DYSFUNCTION & MURINE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASENANCY MERYHEW; Fiscal Year: 1990..Such studies have direct applicability to autoimmune disease in man, including SLE, immune hemolytic anemia and autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- AUTOIMMUNE THROMBOCYTOPENIARobert McMillan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of these studies will be correlated with the patients' clinical course and thrombopoietin levels. In addition, the effect of immune thrombocytopenia on the patients' quality of life will be studied. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF THE UROKINASE RECEPTORDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- DEFENSIN AND THE PATHOGENESIS OF ATHEROSCLEROSISDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the interaction between endogenous defensin and endogenous Lp(a) will be examined in a novel transgenic mouse than overexpresses both human defensin and human Lp(a). ..
- Nuclear translocation of urokinase/nucleolin complexesDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structure and Function of ADAMTS13 MetalloproteaseX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..of hemostasis and prevention of thrombosis in microvascular circulation that occurs in the thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) syndrome...
- ADAMTS13 Deficiency in TTPHan Mou Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2008Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TIP), a disease characterized by von Willebrand factor (VWF)- and platelet-rich thrombi in the arterioles and capillaries, typically presents with thrombocytopenia and microangiopathic hemolysis, ..
- Inhibitors of ADAMTS313 and Outcome of TTPHan Mou Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2004Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is a fatal disorder that is characterized by the presence of systemic hyaline thrombi in the arterioles and capillaries. The incidence is estimated to be 4-30 cases/million/year...