Genomes and Genes
Summary: Immunologically mediated adverse reactions to medicinal substances used legally or illegally.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Hypersensitivity and idiosyncratic reactions to oxaliplatinRebecca R Thomas
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, NCI Navy Medical Oncology, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland 20889 5105, USA
Cancer 97:2301-7. 2003..Oxaliplatin is a third-generation platinum analog that is used to treat a variety of solid tumors, particularly colorectal carcinoma. Patients may develop hypersensitivity reactions, although this complication occurs infrequently...
- HLA-A*3101 and carbamazepine-induced hypersensitivity reactions in EuropeansMark McCormack
Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics, The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
N Engl J Med 364:1134-43. 2011..The HLA-B*1502 allele has been shown to be strongly correlated with carbamazepine-induced Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (SJS-TEN) in the Han Chinese and other Asian populations but not in European populations...
- Drug hypersensitivity and human leukocyte antigens of the major histocompatibility complexMandvi Bharadwaj
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 52:401-31. 2012..HLA allotypes are also implicated in unwanted immune reactions, including drug hypersensitivity syndrome, in which small therapeutic drugs interact with antigenic peptides to drive T cell responses ..
- Hypersensitivity reactions to chemotherapeutic drugsGillian M Shepherd
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 24:253-62. 2003..Reaction rates may vary with different forms of the drugs, e.g. pegylated. Occasionally excipients such as Cremaphor EL may induce hypersensitivity reactions...
- Diagnosis and management of hypersensitivity reactions related to common cancer chemotherapy agentsChristina Lee
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Immunology, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:179-87; quiz 187-9, 222. 2009..To review clinical hypersensitivity reactions related to common cancer chemotherapy agents and to discuss potential management strategies...
- Phenotype standardization for immune-mediated drug-induced skin injuryM Pirmohamed
Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:896-901. 2011..These standardized criteria will be important in facilitating adequate and accurate patient recruitment in order to advance research in pharmacogenomic, immunological, mechanistic, and epidemiological studies...
- HLA-Cw8 primarily associated with hypersensitivity to nevirapineHiroyuki Gatanaga
AIDS 21:264-5. 2007
- Revised nomenclature for allergy for global use: Report of the Nomenclature Review Committee of the World Allergy Organization, October 2003S G O Johansson
Department of Medicine, Unit of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Karolinska University Hospital, L2 04, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:832-6. 2004..It is assumed that as knowledge about basic causes and mechanisms improves, the nomenclature will need further review...
- HLA and pharmacogenetics of drug hypersensitivityRebecca Pavlos
The Institute for Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Murdoch University, Western Australia
Pharmacogenomics 13:1285-306. 2012..severe cutaneous adverse reactions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis and the drug hypersensitivity syndromes (drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms/drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome)...
- Predisposition to nevirapine hypersensitivity associated with HLA-DRB1*0101 and abrogated by low CD4 T-cell countsAnnalise M Martin
Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
AIDS 19:97-9. 2005..These data suggest that HLA-DRB1*0101 and the CD4 status may determine susceptibility to nevirapine hypersensitivity, consistent with a CD4 T-cell-dependent immune response to nevirapine-specific antigens...
- Drug hypersensitivity caused by alteration of the MHC-presented self-peptide repertoireDavid A Ostrov
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9959-64. 2012..involve immune mechanisms, and genetic association studies have identified strong linkages between drug hypersensitivity reactions to several drugs and specific HLA alleles...
- A possible association of EMID2 polymorphisms with aspirin hypersensitivity in asthmaCharisse Flerida A Pasaje
Department of Life Science, Sogang University, 1 Shinsu dong, Mapo gu, Seoul, 121 742, Republic of Korea
Immunogenetics 63:13-21. 2011..These findings provide evidence that EMID2 may be a susceptible genetic factor for aspirin hypersensitivity among asthmatics in Korean population...
- Association between anticonvulsant hypersensitivity syndrome and human herpesvirus 6 reactivation and hypogammaglobulinemiaYoko Kano
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Dermatol 140:183-8. 2004..The identification of predisposing factors is clearly needed to predict the incidence and outcome of AHS; attention has recently been focused on reactivation of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6)...
- Delayed drug hypersensitivity: models of T-cell stimulationJacqueline Adam
Division of Allergology, Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, Inselspital, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:701-7. 2011....
- Several herpesviruses can reactivate in a severe drug-induced multiorgan reaction in the same sequential order as in graft-versus-host diseaseY Kano
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Br J Dermatol 155:301-6. 2006..On the other hand, recent studies have provided evidence for a role of reactivation of various herpesviruses in the development of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)...
- Immune pathomechanism of drug hypersensitivity reactionsWerner J Pichler
Division of Allergology, Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:S74-81. 2011b>Drug hypersensitivity research has progressed enormously in recent years, and a greater understanding of mechanisms has contributed to improved drug safety...
- Drug reaction with Eosinophilia and Systemic Symptoms (DRESS) / Drug-induced Hypersensitivity Syndrome (DIHS): a review of current conceptsPaulo Ricardo Criado
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 87:435-49. 2012..The article reviews the current concepts involving this important manifestation of adverse drug reaction...
- Platinum agent-induced hypersensitivity reactions: data mining of the public version of the FDA adverse event reporting system, AERSToshiyuki Sakaeda
Center for Development of Integrative Education in Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Med Sci 8:332-8. 2011..Adverse event reports (AERs) submitted to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) were reviewed to confirm the platinum agent-associated mild, severe, and lethal hypersensitivity reactions...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to oxaliplatin and other antineoplastic agentsEkaterini Syrigou
Section of Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, FMP 116, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 8:56-62. 2008..With regard to oxaliplatin, knowledge of its rare but eminent toxicity is paramount, because this drug is widely used in treating colorectal cancer, the second-highest cause of cancer mortality in the United States...
- Variability in the clinical pattern of cutaneous side-effects of drugs with systemic symptoms: does a DRESS syndrome really exist?S H Kardaun
Br J Dermatol 156:609-11. 2007
- Clinical practice. Antibiotic allergyRebecca S Gruchalla
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8859, USA
N Engl J Med 354:601-9. 2006
- The variable clinical picture of drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome/drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms in relation to the eliciting drugYoko Kano
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 29:481-501. 2009..A better understanding of the interplay in the development of DIHS/DRESS has implications for safer and more efficient treatment of this syndrome...
- Managing premedications and the risk for reactions to infusional monoclonal antibody therapyChristine H Chung
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine and Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2220 Pierce Avenue, 777 Preston Research Building, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
Oncologist 13:725-32. 2008..Considering the heterogeneity of infusion reactions, clinicians need to recognize the underlying nature of these events in order to identify patients at risk as well as provide optimal prophylactic measures and management of symptoms...
- A complex interaction between drug allergy and viral infectionTetsuo Shiohara
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 33:124-33. 2007..Our results indicate the importance of recognizing DIHS and other drug rashes associated with viral infections at risk of eventually developing autoimmune diseases...
- Aspirin-triggered 15-HETE generation in peripheral blood leukocytes is a specific and sensitive Aspirin-Sensitive Patients Identification Test (ASPITest)M L Kowalski
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Faculty of Medicine, Medical University, Lodz, Poland
Allergy 60:1139-45. 2005..The goal of this study was to assess the diagnostic value of ASA-induced 15-HETE generation measurement to identify AS patients...
- Delayed drug hypersensitivity reactions - new conceptsS J Posadas
Division Allergology, Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Exp Allergy 37:989-99. 2007..In some patients with drug hypersensitivity, such a response occurs within hours even upon the first exposure to the drug...
- Genetic and ethnic risk factors associated with drug hypersensitivitySeung Hyun Kim
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 10:280-90. 2010....
- HLA class I markers in Japanese patients with carbamazepine-induced cutaneous adverse reactionsHiroko Ikeda
National Epilepsy Center, Shizuoka Institute of Epilepsy and Neurological Disorders, Shizuoka, Japan
Epilepsia 51:297-300. 2010..These data may suggest that HLA-B*5901 is one of the candidate markers for CBZ-induced SJS in Japanese...
- Abacavir induces loading of novel self-peptides into HLA-B*57: 01: an autoimmune model for HLA-associated drug hypersensitivityMichael A Norcross
Laboratory of Immunology, Division of Therapeutic Proteins, Office of Biotechnology Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
AIDS 26:F21-9. 2012Abacavir drug hypersensitivity in HIV-treated patients is associated with HLA-B57:01 expression...
- Twelve-year analysis of severe cases of drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms: a cause of unpredictable multiorgan failureMajed Eshki
Department of Dermatology, Bichat Claude Bernard Hospital, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Arch Dermatol 145:67-72. 2009..We retrospectively describe and analyze severe cases of DRESS defined by history of intensive care unit admission and death due to DRESS...
- Characteristics of subjects experiencing hypersensitivity to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: patterns of responseI Doña
Allergy Service, Carlos Haya Hospital Pabellon C, Malaga, Spain
Clin Exp Allergy 41:86-95. 2011..The contribution of each of these mechanisms to the reactions is not well known...
- Carboplatin hypersensitivity reactions: re-treatment with cisplatin desensitisationRobert Jones
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, High Street, Randwick NSW 2031, Australia
Gynecol Oncol 89:112-5. 2003..This aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of re-treating patients who had experienced a hypersensitivity reaction to carboplatin with cisplatin following desensitisation...
- Hypersensitivity to antineoplastic agents: mechanisms and treatment with rapid desensitizationMariana Castells
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Smith Building, Room 626D, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:1575-84. 2012....
- Diagnosis of immediate allergic reactions to beta-lactam antibioticsM J Torres
Allergy Service, Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga, Spain
Allergy 58:961-72. 2003
- Provocation tests in diagnosing drug hypersensitivityPhilippe Jean Bousquet
Département Biostatistique, Epidemiologie Clinique, Santé Publique et Information Médicale, Hopital Caremeau, CHU de Nimes, 30029 Nimes Cedex 9, France
Curr Pharm Des 14:2792-802. 2008..Drug Allergy (ENDA), the European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) interest group on drug hypersensitivity, defines drug provocation tests (DPTs) as "the controlled administration of a drug in order to diagnose ..
- HLA-B*5701 screening for hypersensitivity to abacavirSimon Mallal
Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
N Engl J Med 358:568-79. 2008..This study was designed to establish the effectiveness of prospective HLA-B*5701 screening to prevent the hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir...
- Diagnosing hypersensitivity reactions to cephalosporins in childrenAntonino Romano
Unità di Allergologia, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Via G Moscati, 31, 00168 Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 122:521-7. 2008..The goals were to evaluate the usefulness of skin tests, patch tests, serum specific IgE assays, and challenges in diagnosing hypersensitivity reactions to cephalosporins and to clarify the pathogenic mechanism of such reactions...
- Allergen-specific T-cell response in patients with phenytoin hypersensitivity; simultaneous analysis of proliferation and cytokine production by carboxyfluorescein succinimidyl ester (CFSE) dilution assayIkuya Tsuge
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Allergol Int 56:149-55. 2007..Simultaneous assessment of both the frequencies and the cytokine-producing phenotypes of allergen-specific T cells has become possible with the recently introduced carboxyfluorescein succinimidyl ester (CFSE) assay...
- Comparative study of the usefulness of the drug-induced lymphocyte stimulation test and the leukocyte migration test in drug allergiesMikio Saito
The Shibata Center Pharmacy, Kyoeido Ltd, Shibata, Niigata, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:299-304. 2008..Our findings indicate that the LMT may be more useful than the DLST in identifying the causative drug in drug allergies and that its interpretation is influenced by the patient's serum and sex...
- Pharmacological interaction of drugs with immune receptors: the p-i conceptWerner J Pichler
Division of Allergology, Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, Inselspitel, Berne, Switzerland
Allergol Int 55:17-25. 2006..In some patients with drug hypersensitivity, such a response may occur within hours even upon the first exposure to the drug...
- Immediate adverse reactions to biologicals: from pathogenic mechanisms to prophylactic managementAlessandra Vultaggio
Department of Biomedicine, Immunoallergology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Italy
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:262-8. 2011....
- Drug hypersensitivity in HIVElizabeth Phillips
Centre for Pharmacology and Infectious Diseases, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 7:324-30. 2007b>Drug hypersensitivity has been reported to occur 100 times more commonly in those living with HIV...
- "Danger" conditions increase sulfamethoxazole-protein adduct formation in human antigen-presenting cellsS N Lavergne
Department of Pharmacology, Centre for Drug Safety Science, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:372-81. 2009..These results illustrate that danger signals enhance the formation of intracellular SMX-protein adducts in human APC. These findings might be relevant to the increased frequency of drug allergy in certain disease states...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug hypersensitivity syndrome: a multicenter study. II. Basophil activation by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and its impact on pathogenesisA L De Weck
Department of Allergology and Clinical Immunology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 20:39-57. 2010..These phenomena occur not only in clinically hypersensitive patients, but also in some healthy controls who tolerate NSAIDs...
- Severe hypersensitivity syndrome due to sulfasalazine associated with reactivation of human herpesvirus 6M Tohyama
Department of Dermatology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Arch Dermatol 134:1113-7. 1998..No serologic evidence of viral infections has been reported with this syndrome; however, human herpesvirus 6 infection has not been specifically investigated, which could cause an infectious mononucleosislike syndrome...
- Rapid screening for the detection of HLA-B57 and HLA-B58 in prevention of drug hypersensitivityL Kostenko
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Antigens 78:11-20. 2011....
- Genetic factors in the predisposition to drug-induced hypersensitivity reactionsMunir Pirmohamed
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The University of Liverpool, Ashton Street, Liverpool, UK L69 3GE
AAPS J 8:E20-6. 2006b>Drug hypersensitivity reactions can occur with most drugs, although the frequency, severity, and clinical manifestations vary...
- Pharmacogenetics of drug hypersensitivityElizabeth J Phillips
Department of Clinical Immunology and Immunogenetics, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
Pharmacogenomics 11:973-87. 2010b>Drug hypersensitivity reactions and severe cutaneous adverse drug reactions, such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis, are examples of serious adverse drug reactions mediated through a combination of metabolic and ..
- Drug hypersensitivity syndromeRashmi Kumari
Department of Dermatology and STD, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research JIPMER, Pondicherry 605 006, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 77:7-15. 2011b>Drug hypersensitivity syndrome (DHS) is an adverse drug reaction commonly associated with the aromatic antiepileptic drugs (AEDs), viz., phenytoin (PHT), carbamazepine (CBZ), phenobarbital (PB), lamotrigine, primidone, etc...
- Genetic and immune predictors for hypersensitivity syndrome to antiepileptic drugsManuela G Neuman
In Vitro Drug Safety and Biotechnology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Toronto, and North York General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Transl Res 159:397-406. 2012..There is cross-reactivity between AEDs. Additionally, T-cell cytokines and chemokines control the pathogenesis of SJS/TEN and DILI, contributing to apoptotic processes in the liver and in the skin...
- Acetaminophen use and risk of asthma, rhinoconjunctivitis, and eczema in adolescents: International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood Phase ThreeRichard W Beasley
Medical Research Institute of New Zealand, Private Bag 7902, Wellington 6242, New Zealand
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:171-8. 2011..There is epidemiological evidence that the use of acetaminophen may increase the risk of developing asthma...
- Diagnosis and management of drug hypersensitivity reactionsAntonino Romano
Allergy Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Rome, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:S67-73. 2011The present article addresses the advances in the diagnosis and management of drug hypersensitivity reactions that were discussed in the 4th Drug Hypersensitivity Meeting held in Rome in April 2010...
- Characterization of the antigen specificity of T-cell clones from piperacillin-hypersensitive patients with cystic fibrosisSabah El-Ghaiesh
Medical Research Council Centre for Drug Safety Science, Department of Pharmacology, Sherrington Building, Ashton Street, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, L69 3GE, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:597-610. 2012..Collectively, these data describe the cellular processes that underlie the structural specificity of piperacillin antigen binding in hypersensitive patients with cystic fibrosis...
- Determinants of nevirapine hypersensitivity and its effect on the association between hepatitis C status and mortality in antiretroviral drug-naive HIV-positive patientsElizabeth Phillips
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Providence Healthcare, St Paul s Hospital, 667 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
AIDS 21:1561-8. 2007....
- Hypersensitivity reactions to oxaliplatin: experience in a single instituteS W K Siu
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Ann Oncol 17:259-61. 2006..A rising incidence of hypersensitivity reactions to oxaliplatin has been observed as a result of increasing clinical use. Epidemiological and clinical features of these reactions are reviewed...
- Formation of complement-activating particles in aqueous solutions of Taxol: possible role in hypersensitivity reactionsJ Szebeni
Department of Membrane Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910 3780, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 1:721-35. 2001..If proven clinically, HSRs to Taxol may represent a hitherto vaguely classified adverse drug reaction recently called C activation-related pseudoallergy (CARPA) [Circulation 99 (1999) 2302]...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to chemotherapy agents in patients receiving chemoimmunotherapy with high-dose interleukin 2G R Heywood
Division of Cancer Treatment, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 87:915-22. 1995..This is the first report of IL-2-induced hypersensitivity to chemotherapy agents...
- Oxaliplatin-induced allergic reaction in patients with colorectal cancer in JapanYoshihiro Shibata
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 14:397-401. 2009..With the increasing use of oxaliplatin in Japan, serious adverse events have been experienced other than hematologic and neurologic toxicities...
- Drug provocation tests in patients with a history suggesting an immediate drug hypersensitivity reactionDjamel Messaad
Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
Ann Intern Med 140:1001-6. 2004b>Drug hypersensitivity reactions are common and can be life-threatening. Confirmation of the diagnosis should be rigorous and based on clinical history and a physical examination, possibly followed by skin tests and drug provocation tests.
- Genetic variations in HLA-B region and hypersensitivity reactions to abacavirSeth Hetherington
HIV Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Lancet 359:1121-2. 2002..Clinical monitoring and management of hypersensitivity reactions among patients receiving abacavir must remain unchanged...
- Toxicities of the platinum antineoplastic agentsMaurie Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology R 35, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 2:597-607. 2003..Furthermore, with appropriate dose modifications, the large majority of patients who may benefit from this class of cytotoxic pharmaceutical drugs will be able to complete a planned therapeutic programme...
- Vancomycin-induced drug hypersensitivity syndromeK D Yazganoglu
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 19:648-50. 2005
- Desensitization for drug allergyMariana Castells
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 6:476-81. 2006..We review the indications and outcomes of recent protocols for desensitization to antibiotics and aspirin...
- Hypersensitivity reactions related to oxaliplatin (OHP)G Brandi
Institute of Haematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Policlinico Sant Orsola, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Br J Cancer 89:477-81. 2003..The cumulative dose, the time of exposure to OHP and the clinical features are variable and unpredictable. The risk of developing hypersensitivity reactions in patients treated with a short infusion of OHP cannot be underestimated...
- Complement activation by Cremophor EL as a possible contributor to hypersensitivity to paclitaxel: an in vitro studyJ Szebeni
Department of Membrane Biochemistry, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:300-6. 1998..e., proteins involved in various immune processes). To explore the role of complement in the observed hypersensitivity reactions, we studied the effects of paclitaxel and Cremophor EL plus ethanol on human complement in vitro...
- Human leukocyte antigens and drug hypersensitivityWen Hung Chung
Molecular Medicine Program of Taiwan International Graduate Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica and School of Life Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 7:317-23. 2007The present article reviews the recent literature on the identification of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) alleles as major susceptible genes for drug hypersensitivity and discusses the clinical implications.
- Hypersensitivity Reactions to oxaliplatin: incidence and managementAruna Gowda
Clinical Assistant Instructor State University of New York at Buffalo, New York, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 18:1671-5; discussion 1676, 1680, 1683-4. 2004..However, during the fourth infusion postdesensitization, the patient developed recurrent signs of hypersensitivity. In conclusion, hypersensitivity is frequently seen with oxaliplatin, but most reactions are mild...
- Discontinuation of nevirapine because of hypersensitivity reactions in patients with prior treatment experience, compared with treatment-naive patients: the ATHENA cohort studyFerdinand W N M Wit
Center for Poverty related Communicable Diseases, and Department of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 46:933-40. 2008..It is unclear whether these guidelines also apply to treatment-experienced patients switching to NVP-based combination therapy...
- A review of evidence supporting the American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation for prescribing cephalosporin antibiotics for penicillin-allergic patientsMichael E Pichichero
University of Rochester Medical Center, Elmwood Pediatric Group, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 672, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatrics 115:1048-57. 2005..Specific recommendations for the treatment of patients on the basis of their responses to previously prescribed agents are summarized...
- Clinical heterogeneity of drug hypersensitivityJean Claude Roujeau
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, 94010 Creteil, France
Toxicology 209:123-9. 2005..Most (probably more than 90%) are related to drug hypersensitivity, i.e...
- Immune responses to abacavir in antigen-presenting cells from hypersensitive patientsAnnalise M Martin
Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
AIDS 21:1233-44. 2007..HLA-B*5701 and Hsp70 493T alleles have been shown to predict susceptibility to this hypersensitivity...
- Differential diagnosis of severe cutaneous drug eruptionsNicolas Bachot
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Universite Paris XII, Creteil, France
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:561-72. 2003..Alternatively, a delay in starting a specific treatment for a disease misdiagnosed as a drug eruption could be deleterious...
- Fatal outcome of a hypersensitivity reaction to paclitaxel: a critical review of premedication regimensJ S Kloover
Department of Pulmonology, Erasmus MC, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 90:304-5. 2004..The level of evidence supporting the short-course i.v. premedication schedule is challenged, as it is not compatible with the pharmacokinetic properties of dexamethasone...
- Reactivation of human herpesvirus (HHV) family members other than HHV-6 in drug-induced hypersensitivity syndromeM Seishima
Department of Dermatology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Minaminokawa cho 4 86, Ogaki City 503 8502, Japan
Br J Dermatol 155:344-9. 2006..Reactivation of human herpesvirus (HHV)-6 has been reported in patients with DIHS, and some other DIHS patients showed reactivation of cytomegalovirus (CMV) or Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)...
- Delayed drug hypersensitivity reactionsWerner J Pichler
Division of Allergology, Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Ann Intern Med 139:683-93. 2003..In many drug hypersensitivity reactions, drug-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells recognize drugs through their alphabeta T-cell receptors in ..
- Rituximab-induced lung disease: A systematic literature reviewH Liote
Centre de Compétence Maladies Pulmonaires Rares, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Eur Respir J 35:681-7. 2010..Time-to-onset data, suggesting different pathogenic mechanisms, support closer clinical and perhaps radiological monitoring between infusions, particularly in patients with a history of reversible respiratory symptoms...
- Risk factors for oxaliplatin-induced hypersensitivity reactions in Japanese patients with advanced colorectal cancerKyoko Seki
Department of Pharmacy, Japan Labour Health and Welfare Organization, Kobe Rosai Hospital, Kobe 651 0053, Japan
Int J Med Sci 8:210-5. 2011..This study was conducted to clarify the risk factors for L-OHP-related hypersensitivity reactions...
- Autoantibody formation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-TNF alphaC Eriksson
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 64:403-7. 2005..Research on autoantibody formation in patients treated with TNF alpha inhibitors has produced contradictory results...
- Infusion reactions: diagnosis, assessment, and managementWendy H Vogel
Kingsport Hematology Oncology Associates, Tennessee, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 14:E10-21. 2010..This understanding will clarify new data regarding the safety of a rapid infusion schedule of rituximab...
- Managing cetuximab hypersensitivity-infusion reactions: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and retreatmentThomas J George
Department of Medicine, University of Florida Gainesville, Florida 32610 0278, USA
J Support Oncol 8:72-7. 2010..Use of a test dose to elicit a HIR appears to be feasible and cost-effective. Use of panitumumab after a cetuximab HIR in select patients with CRC appears to be feasible and safe...
- The diagnosis of a DRESS syndrome has been sufficiently established on the basis of typical clinical features and viral reactivationsT Shiohara
Br J Dermatol 156:1083-4. 2007
- HLA-dependent hypersensitivity to nevirapine in Sardinian HIV patientsRoberto Littera
Centro Regionale Trapianti, Ospedale R Binaghi, Azienda USL no 8, Cagliari, Italy
AIDS 20:1621-6. 2006..Hypersensitivity reaction to nevirapine, which in some cases can be fatal, shows a higher prevalence in Sardinia in comparison with other Italian regions...
- Aspirin sensitivity and desensitization for asthma and sinusitisDonald D Stevenson
Scripps Clinic at Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA 92130, USA
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 9:155-63. 2009....
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug hypersensitivity: fable or reality?Barbara Schubert
Department of Dermatology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 15:164-7. 2005..Our study demonstrates that oral challenge tests are safe, practical and useful in ruling out NSAID hypersensitivity in approximately 50% of the patients who have previously been labelled as such...
- Absence of cross-reactivity between sulfonamide antibiotics and sulfonamide nonantibioticsBrian L Strom
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1628-35. 2003..The safety of sulfonamide nonantibiotics is unclear in patients with prior allergic reactions to sulfonamide antibiotics...
- Cephalosporin chemical reactivity and its immunological implicationsEzequiel Perez-Inestrosa
Organic Chemistry Department, University of Malaga, Carlos Haya Hospital, Malaga, Spain
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 5:323-30. 2005..The aim of this article is to analyze the chemical reactivity of cephalosporins resulting in the epitope responsible for recognition by IgE antibodies and to establish the basis of the allergenicity...
- Infusion reactions to monoclonal antibodies for solid tumors: immunologic mechanisms and risk factorsChristine H Chung
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 23:14-7. 2009..The underlying mechanisms of these reactions are not well characterized. In this review, current findings in clinical risk factor assessments and known mechanisms of these infusion reactions are discussed...
- Basophil activation test for the in vitro diagnosis of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug hypersensitivityAna Rodríguez-Trabado
Department of Allergy, University of Extremadura, Caceres, Spain
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:241-9. 2008..The basophil activation test is useful for the in vitro diagnosis of NSAID hypersensitivity, providing good specificity and positive predictive value and diagnostic reliability in the assessment of NSAID intolerance...
- Allergic-type reactions to oxaliplatin: retrospective analysis of 42 patientsFrédérique Maindrault-Goebel
Saint Antoine Hospital, Oncology Department, 184, rue du Saint Faubourg, Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
Eur J Cancer 41:2262-7. 2005..For the non-life-threatening reactions, prolonging infusion duration, "Stop and Go" regimen seem to be effective means of preventing recurrence...
- Clinical features of hypersensitivity reactions to carboplatinM Markman
Cleveland Clinic Cancer Center and Department of Gynecology Obstetrics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1141. 1999..To characterize the clinical features of carboplatin-associated hypersensitivity reactions...
- The use of cephalosporins in penicillin-allergic patients: a literature reviewJames D Campagna
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Emerg Med 42:612-20. 2012..The practice of avoiding cephalosporin administration to penicillin-allergic patients persists despite the low rate of cross reactions between both groups of antibiotics...
- Immediate hypersensitivity to cephalosporinsAntonino Romano
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, UCSC Allergy Unit, Cl Columbus, I 00168 Rome, Italy
Allergy 57:52-7. 2002
- Desensitization regimens for drug allergy: state of the art in the 21st centuryA Liu
Drug Desensitization Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 41:1679-89. 2011..Its use should be expanded, but because patient safety is paramount, protocols must be created, reviewed, and overseen by allergist-immunologists with special training and experience in modern techniques of desensitization...
- Association between presence of HLA-B*5701, HLA-DR7, and HLA-DQ3 and hypersensitivity to HIV-1 reverse-transcriptase inhibitor abacavirS Mallal
Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Lancet 359:727-32. 2002..Genetic factors influencing the immune response to abacavir might confer susceptibility. We aimed to find associations between MHC alleles and abacavir hypersensitivity in HIV-1-positive individuals treated with abacavir...
- Replacement of carboplatin by oxaliplatin may be one solution for patients treated for ovarian carcinoma who are hypersensitive to carboplatinM Gutierrez
J Clin Oncol 20:353. 2002
- Hypersensitivity reactions in the anesthesia setting/allergic reactions to anestheticsPaul M Mertes
CHU de Nancy, Service d Anesthésie Réanimation Chirurgicale, INSERM U 911 Groupe Choc, Hopital Central, Nancy, France
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 12:361-8. 2012..Immediate hypersensitivity reactions are an important cause for mortality and morbidity in anesthesia. The present review considers reports covering epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of these reactions...
- The potential of using enzyme-linked immunospot to diagnose cephalosporin-induced maculopapular exanthemsBoonthorn Tanvarasethee
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Acta Derm Venereol 93:66-9. 2013..8%, p = 0.008) and sensitivity increased to 57.1% when the test was performed within 2 years of the drug reaction. Enzyme-linked immunospot assay is a promising tool for confirming the diagnosis of cephalosporin-induced MPE...
- Frequent resistance of clinical group B streptococci isolates to clindamycin and erythromycinM D Pearlman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor 48109 0276, USA
Obstet Gynecol 92:258-61. 1998..To determine both the frequency of reported penicillin allergy in parturients and the frequency of resistance in vitro of clinical isolates of group B streptococci to clindamycin and erythromycin...
- Avidity determines T-cell reactivity in abacavir hypersensitivityJacqueline Adam
Clinic for Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology Allergology, University Hospital of Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 42:1706-16. 2012The antiretroviral drug abacavir (abc) elicits severe drug hypersensitivity reactions in HLA-B*5701(+) individuals. To understand the abc-specific activation of CD8(+) T cells, we generated abc-specific T-cell clones (abc-TCCs)...
- Recent advances in the genetics and immunology of Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrosisWen Hung Chung
Department of Dermatology, Drug Hypersensitivity Clinical and Research Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung and Linkou Branches, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
J Dermatol Sci 66:190-6. 2012....
- The rational clinical examination. Is this patient allergic to penicillin? An evidence-based analysis of the likelihood of penicillin allergyA R Salkind
University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Green 4 Unit, 2411 Holmes St, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
JAMA 285:2498-505. 2001....
- Mechanisms of risk for sulfoniamide hypersensitivityLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2013..the mechanism(s) for this surrogate marker may provide insight into the mechanisms of risk for systemic drug hypersensitivity. This subaim will identify differentially expressed transcripts in PBMCs from carefully phenotyped ..
- ANTI-TOPOISOMERASE DRUG ACTION IN YEASTJohn L Nitiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..including measurements of drug affinity and enzyme mediated DNA cleavage will be applied to test how drug hypersensitivity occurs in the mutant proteins...
- The Structural and Functional Basis of HLA-associated Drug HypersensitivityDavid A Ostrov; Fiscal Year: 2013..involve immune mechanisms, and genetic association studies have identified strong linkage between drug hypersensitivity reactions to several drugs and specific HLA alleles...
- BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTIC ALLERGYTimothy Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 1992..These interrelated studies will provide new general approaches and significant new insights into the immunochemistry, diagnosis, and desensitization of beta-lactam drug allergy...
- InSPECt: Interactive Surveillance Portal for Evaluating Clinical supportAllison B McCoy; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is hypothesized that these methods will allow informatics personnel to identify and improve poorly performing alerts, thus reducing alert fatigue and increasing patient safety. ..
- IMPROVING SAFETY BY COMPUTERIZING OUTPATIENT PRESCRIBINGDavid Bates; Fiscal Year: 2002..We plan to disseminate the knowledge we gain in terms of both ADE monitoring and prevention, and in terms of potential cost savings, in order to encourage other institutions to implement these types of systems. ..
- Gefitinib-sensitive EGF receptor mutants in lung cancerJeffrey Settleman; Fiscal Year: 2009..studies are expected to provide important insights into the molecular mechanisms that underlie the oncogenic activity of this novel class of EGFR mutants and the drug hypersensitivity exhibited by tumors that harbor these mutations.
- PROTEASE INHIBITOR RELATED ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN HIVAndrew Carr; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Role of 15d-PGJ2 Hepatic MacrophagesCynthia Ju; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, studies of inhibition of HO-1 and IL-10 will be carried out to determine functional association of 15d-PGJ2 with HO-1 and IL-10. ..
- INHALED STEROID ADHERENCE IN MODERATE & SEVERE ASTHMAAndrea Apter; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon the foundation of my prior clinical experience and education, this training program is designed to equip me with the additional skills and research experience necessary to become a fully independent investigator. ..
- Individualized Interventions to Improve Asthma AdherenceAndrea Apter; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of PS. ..
- HIV-1 adaptation to HLA-restricted immune responsesSimon Mallal; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will be used to determine how well the immune responses induced by a given vaccine would recognise diverse, variably HLA-adapted HIV-1 strains at those epitopes most critical for the prevalent HLA types of the study cohort. ..
- Oral Chemotherapy Safety in Ambulatory Oncology: A Proactive Risk AssessmentSAUL WEINGART; Fiscal Year: 2007..Lessons about oral chemotherapy safety are applicable to other high-alert medications in ambulatory care. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to find better ways to prevent these adverse reactions. ..
- MRI MONITORING OF ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONROBERT BRASCH; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- IGF-I/ALS TrialEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The preliminary data from our prior trial allows design of a phase III treatment trial that will yield a definitive result about the treatment effect of IGF-I. ..
- NIAMS-RESEARCH TRAINING IN DERMATOLOGYRobert Swerlick; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Development of De-immunized Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A for DystoniaAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2008..Public Health Relatedness: Knowledge of the elements of botulinum neurotoxin type A that give rise to its immunogenicity will contribute to the development of improved dystonia therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brain Fatty Acid Composition and PKC ActivityRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments are innovative and exploratory in that the effect of altered DHA concentrations on PKC and dopamine D2 receptor expression have not been systematically examined in brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optimization of a Multivalent Tuberculosis VaccineAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF SECRETION FROM HUMAN BASOPHILSDonald MacGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2009..A population of subjects will be examined for this relationship. ..
- Norepinephrine and ImpulsivityAlan Swann; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these experiments may suggest means for monitoring risk for impulsive behavior and for a rational treatment schema for impulsivity. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- Comparative Safety and Effectiveness of Stimulants in Medicaid Youth with ADHDAlmut G Winterstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Modeling the Effect of Drugs in Intergomics by Linking Drug Ontology and PathwaysGunther Schadow; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will allow researchers to understand better the effect which drugs have on the results of laboratory tests which measure a large number of proteins and chemicals in the body at the same time. ..
- TREATMENT OF CONGENITAL TOXOPLASMOSISRima L McLeod; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will contribute to determining how to best provide medical care to children and young adults afflicted with congenital toxoplasmosis and to better understanding pathogenesis of this disease. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of ADRs: Warfarin ToxicityALLAN EDWARD RETTIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYROBERT ANDREW ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how neutrophils interact with oxygen deficiency to promote liver injury could lead to better ways to prevent or treat adverse drug reactions and other types of inflammatory liver injury. ..
- Active Site Models of CYP4 EnzymesALLAN EDWARD RETTIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Rectal Cancer: Molecular Markers of Outcome and ToxicityHeinz Josef Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this study may aid in the development of future treatment strategies for patients with rectal cancer. ..
- 2nd Annual Vaccine Renaissance Conference, RIAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2006..More than 80 participants attended that 1st conference from the[unreadable] New England region and beyond. ..
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- QUANTITATIVE FUNCTION IN MOTOR NEURON DISEASEEric Sorenson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will become increasingly important as our population ages, increasing demands for medical and social resources. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CANCER RISK AND OUTCOME IN GI ONCOLOGYHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal will feature three beginning clinicians responsible for three different patient oriented projects taking advantage of our successful program in molecular outcome research. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2004..I. and co-PI s in the three distinct aspects of Clinical Research targeted by this program represent particular features of this proposal. ..
- 1Treatment of Cholestatic Pruritus With SertralineMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will serve as pilot trials. The results of this proposed project will be used to design a larger controlled trial that could be proposed for funding through an R01 mechanism. ..
- ROLE OF CD40-CD40 LIGAND IN PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into the role of T cells in the pathogenesis of PBC and provide information useful in developing new treatment modalities. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- Cancer in Older Minority PopulationsAlfred Neugut; Fiscal Year: 2003..Coordination of this P20 will be facilitated by the geographic proximity of the two institutions, their scientific strengths, and their commitment to similar programs. ..
- ACUPUNCTURE & MOXA FOR CHRONIC DIARRHEA IN HIV PTSJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2002..05% by the method of Holm (1979) and a 20% attrition factor indicates the need for 36 subjects assigned to each condition to detect a 0.95-standardized difference between the most extreme experimental conditions. ..
- DOPAMINE AND PLASTICITY IN RESPIRATORY CONTROLRebecca Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..End of Abstract) ..
- DETERMINANTS OF CLINICAL OUTCOME/TOXICITY IN HISPANICSHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HUMAN DERMAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLS IN SKIN DISEASERobert Swerlick; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- LIVE, ATTENUATED, RECOMBINANT VACCINE - WEST NILE VIRUSThomas Monath; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MODELING THE UNDERSTANDING OF CHILDHOOD ASTHMAAdrian Casillas; Fiscal Year: 2002..The candidate will have access to equipment, supplies, and technical support from the sponsor's laboratory. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF ANTICANCER DRUGS IN ADVANCED AGEHEINZ LENZ; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COLORECTAL CANCER AND OTHER CANCERS OF THE GI TRACTAlfred Neugut; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL APICOMPLEXAN METABOLISM AND ORGANELLE TRANSITRima McLeod; Fiscal Year: 2005..gondii, its gene regulation, organelle targeting and better characterization of possible novel antimicrobial agent targets in the shikimate pathway and its branches. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A GENOME-DERIVED, EPITOPE-DRIVEN TULAREMIA VACCINEAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ParentLink: Better and Safer Emergency Care for ChildrenStephen Porter; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- UVA Asthma and Allergic Diseases CenterThomas Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the mechanisms involved is essential for defining new approaches to treatment and prevention and also for explaining the increasing prevalence of asthma. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN RHEUMATOLOGY AT NEW ENGLAND MEDICALTimothy McAlindon; Fiscal Year: 2005..The participation of faculty members and trainees from Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology and Basic Science Departments offers a training opportunity in infection and immunity related to rheumatic diseases. ..
- A Genome-Derived, Epitope-Driven H. Pylori VaccineAnne De Groot; Fiscal Year: 2006..pylori disease as our correlate of efficacy. ..
- Auditory Perception of Drug Names: Neighborhood EffectsBruce Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GERIATRIC CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTSTEVEN HALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., clinical trials, case control, cohort research, etc.), and the faculties' commitment to collaborative research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE HYPEREOSINOPHILIC SYNDROMES AND MEPOLIZUMABGerald Gleich; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anthrax Toxins Impair Phagocyte Actin-based MotilityFrederick Southwick; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- REGULATION OF ACTIN FILAMENT FORMATION IN PHAGOCYTESFrederick Southwick; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide new strategies for defending against infections, controlling auto-immune diseases and regulating the timing of cell death. ..
- Using Information Systems to Improve Cardiac PreventionJeffrey Schnipper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Schnipper's development as an independent researcher in improving the quality of care of patients with CAD. ..
- HCV Treatment Cost-Effectiveness in 3 IDU PopulationsBRUCE SCHACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Value of New Drug Labeling Knowledge for e-PrescribingGunther Schadow; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Eosinophil Granule Proteins and Their FunctionsGerald Gleich; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, these studies will expand our knowledge of the molecules composing the eosinophil granule and provide new tools to dissect eosinophil function in disease. ..