Genomes and Genes
allergic contact dermatitis
Summary: A contact dermatitis due to allergic sensitization to various substances. These substances subsequently produce inflammatory reactions in the skin of those who have acquired hypersensitivity to them as a result of prior exposure.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications372 found, 100 shown here
- Occupational dermatoses in health care workers evaluated for suspected allergic contact dermatitisTina Suneja
Department of Medicine Dermatology, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Contact Dermatitis 58:285-90. 2008Occupational skin diseases, including allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), irritant contact dermatitis, and allergic contact urticaria (ACU), occur commonly among health care workers (HCWs).
- Th17/Tc17 infiltration and associated cytokine gene expression in elicitation phase of allergic contact dermatitisY Zhao
Department of Dermatology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Br J Dermatol 161:1301-6. 2009b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a typical delayed-type hypersensitivity to sensitizing haptens mediated by T cells. Th1/Tc1 cells are currently considered to be the primary effectors in ACD...
- Effector and regulatory mechanisms in allergic contact dermatitisM Vocanson
Faculté de médecine Lyon Sud, Université Lyon1, Lyon, France
Allergy 64:1699-714. 2009b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), one of the commonest occupational diseases, is a T-cell-mediated skin inflammation caused by repeated skin exposure to contact allergens, i.e. nonprotein chemicals called haptens...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from propolisSusan E Walgrave
University of Minnesota, School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Dermatitis 16:209-15. 2005..Propolis is found in a number of "natural" products, including lip balms, cosmetics, lotions and ointments, shampoos, conditioners, and toothpastes. Dermatologists should consider patch testing with propolis in users of such remedies...
- Enhanced expression levels of IL-31 correlate with IL-4 and IL-13 in atopic and allergic contact dermatitisMark M Neis
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:930-7. 2006..IL-31 is produced by activated T lymphocytes, preferentially by TH2 cells. Transgenic mice overexpressing IL-31 have a phenotype resembling allergic dermatitis in human subjects...
- Attenuation of allergic contact dermatitis through the endocannabinoid systemMeliha Karsak
Department of Molecular Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Science 316:1494-7. 2007b>Allergic contact dermatitis affects about 5% of men and 11% of women in industrialized countries and is one of the leading causes for occupational diseases...
- Th2 immune response plays a critical role in the development of nickel-induced allergic contact dermatitisShiro Niiyama
Department of Dermatology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 153:303-14. 2010The precise roles of T helper (Th)1-type and Th2-type cytokine responses in nickel (Ni)-induced allergic contact dermatitis have not yet been clearly defined...
- IL-23 and T(H)17-mediated inflammation in human allergic contact dermatitisJeppe Madura Larsen
Section of Experimental Immunology, Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:486-92. 2009..Recent studies have implicated T(H)17-mediated inflammation in the pathogenesis of human autoimmune diseases; however, the involvement of T(H)17 cells in allergic disorders remains largely elusive...
- Effects and mechanisms of aloperine on 2, 4-dinitrofluorobenzene-induced allergic contact dermatitis in BALB/c miceXiao Ying Yuan
Department of Dermatology, The General Hospital of the Air Force, Beijing 1000142, PR China
Eur J Pharmacol 629:147-52. 2010b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a prototypic T-cell-mediated cutaneous inflammatory response...
- Evaluation of efficacy of a skin lipid mixture in patients with irritant contact dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis or atopic dermatitis: a multicenter studyE Berardesca
Department of Dermatology, University of Pavia, IRCCS Policlinico S. Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 45:280-5. 2001..g., atopic dermatitis (AD), irritant/allergic contact dermatitis (ICD, ACD)...
- Chemokine receptor expression and function in CD4+ T lymphocytes with regulatory activityS Sebastiani
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 166:996-1002. 2001....
- Patch test reactions in children, adults and the elderly. A comparative study in patients with suspected allergic contact dermatitisF Wantke
Dermatologic and Pediatric Allergy Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Contact Dermatitis 34:316-9. 1996..n = 162), 1200 adults (20 to 50 years) and 295 elderly patients (> or = 70 years) with suspected allergic contact dermatitis using a European standard series...
- Targeting effector memory T cells with the small molecule Kv1.3 blocker PAP-1 suppresses allergic contact dermatitisPhilippe Azam
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Invest Dermatol 127:1419-29. 2007..We here investigated whether PAP-1, a small molecule Kv1.3 blocker (EC50=2 nM), could suppress allergic contact dermatitis (ACD)...
- Allergic contact dermatitisIan Kimber
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Int Immunopharmacol 2:201-11. 2002b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a common occupational and environmental health issue...
- Lymphocyte transformation test in patients with allergic contact dermatitisRonni Wolf
Contact Dermatitis 53:245. 2005
- The role of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in contact hypersensitivity and allergic contact dermatitisPierre Saint-Mezard
INSERM U 404, 69007 Lyon, France
Eur J Dermatol 14:131-8. 2004b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and contact hypersensitivity (CHS) are delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions which are mediated by hapten specific T cells...
- Afferent and efferent phases of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) can be induced after a single skin contact with haptens: evidence using a mouse model of primary ACDP Saint-Mezard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U503, 69375 Lyon Cx 07, France
J Invest Dermatol 120:641-7. 2003b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a T cell-mediated delayed type hypersensitivity reaction that occurs upon hapten challenge in sensitized individuals...
- Allergy and skin diseases in musiciansC Lombardi
Allergology and Clinical Immunology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, S Orsola Hospital, Brescia
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 35:52-5. 2003..In general, this specific allergologic problem seems to be underestimated, underdiagnosed and, as a conquence, poorly managed...
- Nickel elicits concomitant and correlated in vitro production of Th1-, Th2-type and regulatory cytokines in subjects with contact allergy to nickelJ T Minang
Department of Immunology, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 62:289-96. 2005..The results accentuate the importance of type 2 responses in contact allergy and also demonstrate that IL-4 and IL-13 are reliable markers for Ni2+ allergy...
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to aceclofenacG Pitarch Bort
Department of Dermatology, Consorci Hospital General Universitari de Valencia, Avenue Tres Creus s n 46014 Valencia, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 55:365-6. 2006
- Restraint stress applied prior to chemical sensitization modulates the development of allergic contact dermatitis differently than restraint prior to challengeM S Flint
Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Neuroimmunol 113:72-80. 2001..These data show that acute restraint modulates cutaneous sensitization differently than challenge, but the changes are not reflected in TNF-alpha or IL-l beta production...
- Improved detection of allergen-specific T-cell responses in allergic contact dermatitis through the addition of 'cytokine cocktails'Helen Moed
Department of Dermatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Dermatol 14:634-40. 2005..The present data warrant further exploration of the application of this test to a broader set of allergens...
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to amorolfine nail lacquerAna Fidalgo
Dermatitis 15:54. 2004
- Skin contact irritation conditions the development and severity of allergic contact dermatitisMarlene Bonneville
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U503, IFR128, BioSciences Lyon Gerland, Lyon, France
J Invest Dermatol 127:1430-5. 2007..b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a frequent complication of ICD and is mediated by hapten-specific T cells primed in lymph ..
- Lymphocyte proliferation testing in chromium allergic contact dermatitisL E A M Martins
Department of Dermatology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Dermatol 33:472-7. 2008Lymphocyte proliferation testing (LPT) has some advantages over patch testing to diagnose allergic contact dermatitis. It is harmless, objective and can be used in clinical situations where patch testing is not recommended...
- Upregulation of the axonal growth and the expression of substance P and its NK1 receptor in human allergic contact dermatitisH El-Nour
Unit of Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 28:621-31. 2006..substance P and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) have been reported to be involved in allergic contact dermatitis (ACD)...
- Generalized allergic contact dermatitis from nitroglycerin in a transdermal therapeutic systemRemedios Pérez-Calderón
Department of Allergology, Infanta Cristina University Hospital Carretera de Portugal s n 06080 Badajoz Spain
Contact Dermatitis 46:303. 2002
- Quality of life of patients with allergic contact dermatitis: an exploratory analysis by gender, ethnicity, age, and occupationDeana L Kadyk
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 1719, USA
Dermatitis 15:117-24. 2004Little has been published regarding the impact of gender, ethnicity, age, and occupation on the quality of life (QoL) of patients with allergic contact dermatitis (ACD).
- Allergic contact dermatitis from cocamidopropyl betaine, cocamidoamine, 3-(dimethylamino)propylamine, and oleamidopropyl dimethylamine: co-reactions or cross-reactions?Linda Moreau
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Dermatitis 15:146-9. 2004..The presence of 3-(dimethylamino)propylamine as an impurity in all of these substances can be hypothesized to explain these simultaneous reactions...
- Allergic contact dermatitisMichael D Gober
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21030, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 10:1-26. 2008b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a classic example of a cell mediated hypersensitivity reaction in the skin...
- Allergic contact dermatitis: novel mechanisms and therapeutic perspectivesAndrea Cavani
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Curr Drug Metab 11:228-33. 2010b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a common eczematous skin disease that occurs in sensitized individuals at the site of contact with small chemicals penetrating the skin barrier...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from thiurams with pemphigus-like autoantibodiesR Gallo
Section of Dermatology Di S E M, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 46:364-5. 2002
- Human natural killer T cells infiltrate into the skin at elicitation sites of allergic contact dermatitisMichael D Gober
Department of Dermatology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21030, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:1460-9. 2008..this study is to identify invariant natural killer T cells (NKT cells) in cellular infiltrate of human allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) skin challenge sites...
- Baboon syndrome resulting from systemic drugs: is there strife between SDRIFE and allergic contact dermatitis syndrome?P Hausermann
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Contact Dermatitis 51:297-310. 2004....
- Gene expression time course in the human skin during elicitation of allergic contact dermatitisMalene B Pedersen
The National Allergy Research Centre for Consumer Products, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 127:2585-95. 2007Genes involved in the inflammatory response resulting in allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) are only partly known...
- Increased CCL27-CCR10 expression in allergic contact dermatitis: implications for local skin memoryHeleen Moed
Department of Dermatology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 204:39-46. 2004b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a T-cell-mediated disease in which expression of a distinct repertoire of chemokines results in the recruitment of effector T cells into the skin...
- Acute allergic contact dermatitis of the lips from peppermint oil in a lip balmAnh Tran
Division of Family Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Dermatitis 21:111-5. 2010..However, with the widespread use of lip balms containing peppermint oil, more cases of peppermint oil-induced ACC may be expected...
- Allergic contact dermatitis: the cellular effectorsIan Kimber
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, UK
Contact Dermatitis 46:1-5. 2002..subpopulations (respectively, Th1 and Th2 cells and Tc1 and Tc2 cells) in the elicitation of contact hypersensitivity reactions and consider the implications of effector cell selectivity for the biology of allergic contact dermatitis.
- Allergic contact dermatitis in childrenGiuseppe Militello
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Dermatology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 18:385-90. 2006The following paper reviews the recent literature pertaining to allergic contact dermatitis in the pediatric population.
- Glutaraldehyde-induced and formaldehyde-induced allergic contact dermatitis among dental hygienists and assistantsScott M Ravis
University of Miami, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:1072-8. 2003..Research has found that among health care workers, dental personnel are especially likely to have reactions to glutaraldehyde and formaldehyde...
- The use of decision-analytical modelling in economic evaluation of patch testing in allergic contact dermatitisR Rajagopalan
Glaxo Dermatology, a division of Glaxo Wellcome Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 14:79-95. 1998..prospective study was to demonstrate the cost effectiveness of patch testing in patients suspected of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and to determine the order in which different severity groups rank in terms of cost effectiveness.
- Occupational allergic contact dermatitis from olive oil in pizza makingG A E Wong
Department of Dermatology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot St, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Contact Dermatitis 50:102-3. 2004
- Allergic contact dermatitis from trideceth-2-carboxamide monoethanolamine (MEA) in a hair dyeJonathan C R Bowling
Department of Dermatology, The Middlesex University College Hospitals, London, UK
Contact Dermatitis 47:116-7. 2002
- Filaggrin null mutations and association with contact allergy and allergic contact dermatitis: results from a tertiary dermatology clinicBerit Christina Carlsen
National Allergy Research Centre, Department of Dermato Allergology, Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 63:89-95. 2010..Filaggrin null (FLG) mutations lead to skin barrier disruption with a reduced resistance towards exogenous agents and also influence the course of disease in atopic dermatitis...
- Allergic contact dermatitis complicating pustular psoriasis in two patientsR P Katugampola
Br J Dermatol 156:788-90. 2007
- Allergic contact dermatitis in patients with anogenital complaintsA Bauer
Department of Dermatology, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
J Reprod Med 45:649-54. 2000b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a common anogenital disease.
- Allergic contact dermatitis: pathophysiology applied to future therapyLily Y Li
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Section of Dermatology, Medical Service, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 75390, USA
Dermatol Ther 17:219-23. 2004..The present paper reviews the pathogenesis and current treatment of allergic contact dermatitis and speculates on the prospects for improved future therapy.
- Interferon-gamma secreted from peripheral blood mononuclear cells as a possible diagnostic marker for allergic contact dermatitis to goldJenny Christiansen
Molecular and Immunological Pathology, IMK, Linkoping University, 581 85 Linkoping, and Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Contact Dermatitis 55:101-12. 200610% of patch-tested patients have a positive reaction to gold. Most lack clinical symptoms, but allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) to gold is increasing...
- Topical pimecrolimus in the treatment of human allergic contact dermatitisDavid Amrol
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:563-6. 2003..Plants of the Toxicodendron species cause allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) in 50% to 70% of the population...
- The sex of the individual as a factor in allergic contact dermatitisB S Modjtahedi
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0989, USA
Contact Dermatitis 50:53-9. 2004Exogenous and endogenous factors have been implicated in allergic contact dermatitis (ACD); this review explores the sex of the individual as a possible endogenous factor...
- Licochalcone E reduces chronic allergic contact dermatitis and inhibits IL-12p40 production through down-regulation of NF-kappa BYoung Chang Cho
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 10:1119-26. 2010..7 macrophage cells. Using a chronic allergic contact dermatitis model induced by repeated application of oxazolone, we showed that licochalcone E inhibited the ..
- Allergic contact dermatitis from chlorhexidineAnthony T J Goon
St John s Institute of Dermatology, London, United Kingdom
Dermatitis 15:45-7. 2004Although chlorhexidine is a widely used substance, allergic contact dermatitis from chlorhexidine has rarely been reported...
- Vitamin E and allergic contact dermatitisPayman Kosari
Center for Dermatology Research, Departments of Dermatology, Pathology, and Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1071, USA
Dermatitis 21:148-53. 2010Reports of vitamin E-induced allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and frequent use of vitamin-E derivatives (tocopherol, tocopheryl linoleate, tocopherol acetate, etc) in skin care products deserves further investigation into tolerability ..
- Allergic contact dermatitis and the endocannabinoid system: from mechanisms to skin careDidier M Lambert
Unite de Chimie pharmaceutique et de Radiopharmacie, Ecole de Pharmacie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
ChemMedChem 2:1701-2. 2007
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to benzyl alcohol in a hair dyeJ M Carrascosa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 55:124-5. 2006
- Topical application of sphingosine-1-phosphate and FTY720 attenuate allergic contact dermatitis reaction through inhibition of dendritic cell migrationIlka Reines
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:1954-62. 2009..of Langerhans cells (LCs) from the skin to the lymph node is an essential step in the pathogenesis of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD). Therefore, inhibition of LC-migration could be a promising strategy to improve this skin disease...
- Immunoregulation of allergic contact dermatitisGiampiero Girolomoni
Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Dermatol 31:264-70. 2004b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) to haptens can serve as a valuable paradigm for understanding the physiopathology of T cell mediated immune responses...
- Pyrethrum allergic contact dermatitis in humans--real?, common?, or not documented? An evidence-based approachThomas G Osimitz
Science Strategies, LLC, Charlottesville, Virginia 22902, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 25:287-308. 2006Pyrethrum has been reported to produce allergic contact dermatitis in humans. Moreover, it has been speculated that cross reactions occur in ragweed-sensitized people...
- Case report: allergic contact dermatitis and new-onset asthma. Chromium exposure during leather tanningLeonard E Lockman
Dakota Medical Centre, Winnipeg, Man
Can Fam Physician 48:1907-9. 2002
- Rapid development of allergic contact dermatitis from dicyclohexylmethane-4,4'-diisocyanateJeff C H Donovan
Occupational Disease Specialty Program, James R Nethercott Occupational Health Clinic, Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, St Michael s Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Dermatitis 20:214-7. 2009..DMDI has strong sensitizing potential and requires rigorous safety monitoring in the workplace...
- Allergic contact dermatitis in 136 children patch tested between 2000 and 2006L Mark Hammonds
Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Int J Dermatol 48:271-4. 2009b>Allergic contact dermatitis is often under-recognized in the pediatric population but it may affect greater than 20% of this age group.
- Association of allergic contact dermatitis with a promoter polymorphism in the IL16 geneKristian Reich
Department of Dermatology, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1191-4. 2003..chemotactic responses in CD4(+) T cells, eosinophils, and dendritic cells, plays an important role during different types of cutaneous inflammatory responses, including allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) and atopic dermatitis (AD).
- Allergic contact dermatitis--formation, structural requirements, and reactivity of skin sensitizersAnn Therese Karlberg
Dermatochemistry and Skin Allergy and Medical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Gotegorg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Chem Res Toxicol 21:53-69. 2008Contact allergy is caused by a wide range of chemicals after skin contact. Its clinical manifestation, allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), is developed upon repeated contact with the allergen...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from allyl isothiocyanate in a Danish cohort of 259 selected patientsAnne Lerbaek
The National Allergy Research Centre, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 51:79-83. 2004Allyl isothiocyanate is present in many plants. Allergic contact dermatitis from allyl isothiocyanate is well known but infrequently reported...
- Contact vitiligo appearing after allergic contact dermatitis from aromatic reactive diluents in an epoxy resin systemJ F Silvestre
Department of Dermatology, Hospital General de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 49:113-4. 2003
- Airborne allergic contact dermatitis from 4-(bromomethyl)benzoic acid in a university chemistKaija Lammintausta
Department of Dermatology, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Contact Dermatitis 58:314-5. 2008
- Allergic contact dermatitis to broccoliA Chakrabarti
Br J Dermatol 148:172-3. 2003
- Airborne allergic contact dermatitis to methylchloroisothiazolinone/methylisothiazolinone in ironing waterK J Hunter
Department of Dermatology, St Mary s Hospital, Portsmouth PO3 6AD, UK
Contact Dermatitis 58:183-4. 2008
- Contact allergy and allergic contact dermatitis in adolescents: prevalence measures and associations. The Odense Adolescence Cohort Study on Atopic Diseases and Dermatitis (TOACS)Charlotte Gotthard Mortz
Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Derm Venereol 82:352-8. 2002The aims of this cross-sectional study were to establish the prevalence measures of contact allergy and allergic contact dermatitis in 8th grade schoolchildren (aged 12-16 years) in Odense, Denmark, and to examine the associations with ..
- Early inflammatory markers in elicitation of allergic contact dermatitisAndrea Martin
Dpto Bioquímica Clínica, Facultad de Ciencias Químicas Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Cordoba, Argentina
BMC Dermatol 2:9. 2002b>Allergic Contact Dermatitis (ACD) is regarded as a T-cell-mediated delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of the GABA(B) receptor agonist baclofen in allergic contact dermatitisBeatrice Duthey
Department of Dermatology, Clinic of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai, Frankfurt, Germany
Exp Dermatol 19:661-6. 2010..This study demonstrates a new role for the GABA(B) receptor in inflammation, making it a potential new therapeutic target to treat inflammatory skin diseases...
- Occupational allergic contact dermatitis from drugs in healthcare workersK Gielen
Department of Dermatology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Contact Dermatitis 45:273-9. 2001..14,689 patients suspected of contact allergy examined in our department from 1978 to 2001, occupational allergic contact dermatitis from drugs in healthcare workers was diagnosed in 33, the first in 1980...
- Tacrolimus modulates dendritic cell activation in the sensitization phase of allergic contact dermatitisH Ott
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 23:53-9. 2010Knowledge of the effect of topically applied calcineurin antagonists such as tacrolimus on the sensitization phase of allergic contact dermatitis is currently limited.
- Allergic contact dermatitis from a pyridine derivative in polyvinyl chloride leatherW K Huh
Department of Dermatology, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Am J Contact Dermat 12:35-7. 2001..Clinicians should be aware that antifungal or antibacterial agents may be increasingly incorporated into common household products and should be suspected in cases of contact dermatitis...
- Erythema multiforme following allergic contact dermatitis: case report and literature reviewKatharina Wiedemeyer
Acta Derm Venereol 87:559-61. 2007
- Allergic contact dermatitis from modified colophonium in wound dressingsTeresa M Pereira
Servico de Dermatologia e Venereologia, Hospital de São Marcos, Braga, Portugal
Contact Dermatitis 56:5-9. 2007..In patients where allergic contact dermatitis from hydrocolloid dressings is strongly suspected and colophonium tests negatively, patch testing to ..
- Occupational allergic contact dermatitis to silver and colophonium in a jewelerSanjay Agarwal
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, England
Am J Contact Dermat 13:74. 2002..Readings were taken on day 2 and day 4. Allergic positive reaction to colophonium 20% pet and silver nitrate 0.5% aq was detected. The contact sensitivities to silver and colophonium seem to be occupationally relevant in this case...
- Nickel-specific CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells display distinct migratory responses to chemokines produced during allergic contact dermatitisSilvia Sebastiani
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 118:1052-8. 2002Development of allergic contact dermatitis to haptens depends upon a balance between CD8(+) T lymphocytes with pathogenic activity and CD4(+) T cells, which comprise both effector and regulatory cells...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from cosmetics. Retrospective analysis of 819 patch-tested patientsL Kohl
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital St Pierre, Brussels, Belgium
Dermatology 204:334-7. 2002..Cosmetics have been used since the oldest known civilisations, and nowadays almost everybody resorts to beauty products...
- [Allergic contact dermatitis to the Comfeel hydrocolloid dressing]A Grange-Prunier
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Pasteur, 39, avenue de la Liberté, 68024 Colmar Cedex
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:725-7. 2002b>Allergic contact dermatitis is frequent in patients with chronic leg ulcers. However, it rarely occurs with modern wound dressings and is exceptional with hydrocolloids.
- Allergic contact dermatitis from EMLA cream in a hemodialyzed patientLidia Comba Pérez-Pérez
Department of Dermatology, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Faculty of Medicine, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Dermatitis 17:85-7. 2006..Patch testing elicited a positive reaction to several allergens, including EMLA cream "as is" and prilocaine. The lesions resolved after topical treatment with corticosteroids...
- Does allergic contact dermatitis from formaldehyde in clothes treated with durable-press chemical finishes exist in the USA?Anton C de Groot
Schipslootweg 5, 8351 HV Wapserveen, The Netherlands
Contact Dermatitis 62:127-36. 2010Recent US studies have presented case series of patient with allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) allegedly caused by formaldehyde in clothes treated with durable-press chemical finishes (DPCF), which are known formaldehyde releasers...
- Allergic contact dermatitis to mango fleshSari Weinstein
Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, 560 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Dermatol 43:195-6. 2004..The clinical relevance of nickel and p-tertbutylphenol formaldehyde resin was thought to be associated with the wrist lesion immediately below a glued portion of a wristwatch strap and metal clasp...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from pentylene glycol in an emollient cream, with possible co-sensitization to resveratrolR Gallo
Section of Dermatology Di S E M University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 7, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 48:176-7. 2003
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to benzalkonium chloride in plaster of ParisD A Wong
Department of Dermatology, Royal Newcastle Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 42:33-5. 2001..b>Allergic contact dermatitis caused by POP has been reported only rarely in the medical literature...
- Allergic contact dermatitis to copolymers in cosmetics--case report and review of the literatureSarah Quartier
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Catholic University Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Contact Dermatitis 55:257-67. 2006..They have been underestimated for a long time as to their sensitizing capacities. Allergic contact dermatitis to 6 copolymers in cosmetics and 1 in a medical dressing has been described; however, the nature of the ..
- Allergic contact dermatitis because of topical use of 5-fluorouracil (Efudix cream)B U G A Meijer
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Contact Dermatitis 57:58-60. 2007
- Allergic contact dermatitis to iodopropynyl butylcarbamate found in a cosmetic cleansing wipeJanakan Natkunarajah
Department of Dermatology, St Helier Hospital, Wrythe Lane, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 1AA, UK
Contact Dermatitis 58:316-7. 2008
- Allergic contact dermatitis to idebenone used as an antioxidant in an anti-wrinkle creamDenis Sasseville
Division of Dermatology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC H3A IAI, Canada
Contact Dermatitis 56:117-8. 2007
- Classification of contact allergens according to potency: proposalsI Kimber
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 4TJ, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 41:1799-809. 2003..what is known of potency and thresholds in the induction of skin sensitisation and the elicitation of allergic contact dermatitis, and to identify approaches that might be available for assessment of relative potency for the purposes ..
- [Allergic contact dermatitis to cosmetics containing Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil)]T M Fritz
Dermatologische Klinik, , Suisse
Ann Dermatol Venereol 128:123-6. 2001..RESULTS: We report on 7 cases of patients with an allergic contact dermatitis due to tea tree oil...
- Acute stress modulates the irritant component of sensitizers in allergic contact dermatitis: implications for exposure assessmentMelanie S Flint
Toxicology and Molecular Biology Branch, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 188:50-8. 2003Exposure of skin to noxious environmental stimuli can cause allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), which is a major health risk...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from Laurus nobilis oil induced by massageEsra Adisen
Department of Dermatology, Gazi University, 06500 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Contact Dermatitis 56:360-1. 2007..Herein, we report a case of allergic contact dermatitis after a massage with a mixture of olive oil and L. nobilis oil...
- Cytokine expression profiles during murine contact allergy: T helper 2 cytokines are expressed irrespective of the type of contact allergenP Ulrich
PCS Genetic and Experimental Toxicology, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Arch Toxicol 75:470-9. 2001..The results are expected to renew the discussion about the usefulness of the Th1/Th2 paradigm in certain areas of immunotoxicology...
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to methyl salicylate in a compressNaoki Oiso
Department of Dermatology, Saiseikai Tondabayashi Hospital, 1 3 36 Koyodai, Tondabayashi, Osaka 584 0082, Japan
Contact Dermatitis 51:34-5. 2004
- Histamine H(4) receptor antagonist ameliorates chronic allergic contact dermatitis induced by repeated challengeM Seike
Department of Food and Nutrition Science, Sagami Women s Junior College, Bunkyo, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergy 65:319-26. 2010The present study observed effects of the histamine H(4) receptor on chronic allergic contact dermatitis induced by repeated challenge in mice.
- Flexural allergic contact dermatitis to benzalkonium chloride in antiseptic bath oilS Hann
Department of Occupational Dermatology, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, U K
Br J Dermatol 157:795-8. 2007Benzalkonium chloride (BAK) is an acknowledged irritant but has also been identified as a cause of allergic contact dermatitis. The antiseptic bath emollient Oilatum Plus (Stiefel, High Wycombe, U.K...
- Allergic contact dermatitis to propolis in a violin makerHeather D Lieberman
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:S30-1. 2002Allergy to colophony is well noted in the literature, however, there have been few case reports of allergic contact dermatitis to propolis in musicians and instrument makers...
- 'Dermatologically tested' baby toilet tissues: a cause of allergic contact dermatitis in adultsAn Timmermans
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, K U Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Contact Dermatitis 57:97-9. 2007We describe 4 adults with an allergic contact dermatitis for moist baby toilet tissues, being used either for their personal hygiene or for their babies (children)...
- Allergic contact dermatitis to a sanitary padMarius Rademaker
Dermatology Department, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 45:234-5. 2004..During patch testing she also developed reactions to a black permanent waterproof marking pen used to mark the site of patch tests. The ink of this pen also contained colophony...
- Acetylator phenotype in Iraqi patients with allergic contact dermatitisRafid A Najim
University of Baghdad, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Iraq
Ann Saudi Med 25:473-6. 2005Few studies have been done on acetylator status in ACD. This study determined acetylator status in Iraqi patients with allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) in comparison to a matched control group.
- Development of Topical Neuroinflammatory InhibitorsMANDIP SACHDEVA; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be accomplished by utilizing well-defined murine models of cutaneous inflammation such as allergic contact dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis and acute photodermatitis...
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..irritation and injury, acute systemic toxicity, dermal absorption, dermal corrosivity and irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, pyrogenicity, and vaccine potency...
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..irritation and injury, acute systemic toxicity, dermal absorption, dermal corrosivity and irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, pyrogenicity, and vaccine potency...
- The voltage-gated Kv1.3 channel in psoriatic disease: A novel therapeutic targetSiba P Raychaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2012..Based on the fact that the small molecule Kv1.3 blocker PAP-1 also effectively suppresses allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) in rats when administered orally or topically, we now intend to explore the role of Kv1...
- 3D Skin Model to Test Toxic and Sensitizing Potentials of Environmental ChemicalsAkira Takashima; Fiscal Year: 2010..a large number of industrial and environmental chemicals for their potentials to cause irritant and allergic contact dermatitis. Once developed and validated, the resulting 3D skin model may enable the industry to eliminate the use ..
- Keratinocyte regulation of skin immunityAnthony A Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will utilize both human and mouse models of the common skin condition, allergic contact dermatitis (ACD). We selected this skin condition because it is a common skin disease in Veterans...
- Regulation of TSLP-Mediated Skin InflammationSteven F Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2013..vulgaris, as well as allergic responses that lead to acute and chronic atopic dermatitis (AD) and allergic contact dermatitis (ACD)...
- StrataScreenSENS, Skin Sensitizer Detection in Luminescent 3D Human Skin ModelsCathy Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a wide- spread public health problem resulting from exposure of human skin to certain reactive ..
- Peripheral Neural Mechanisms of Inflammatory Itch and PainROBERT H LA MOTTE; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): The peripheral mechanisms of inflammatory itch and pain will be studied in a mouse model of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) in humans...
- Keratinocyte Costimulation and Th2-Cell Immune DeviationAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2009..keratinocytes can contribute to the development of a skewed immune response to haptens that cause allergic contact dermatitis, promoting the emergence of Th2-1ymphocytes under circumstances when this type of Th-lymphocyte subset ..
- Novel Topical Treatment of EczemaBakul Bhatt; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Irritant and allergic contact dermatitis affect approximately 10% of adults, and hand eczema represents 1 of the 4 most common occupationally related diseases, accounting for substantial ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF T CELL HOMING TO INFLAMED SKINLouis Picker; Fiscal Year: 1999..T cells, and thus may participate in the pathogenesis of chronic inflammatory skin diseases, such as allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- IRRITANTS EFFECTS ON EPIDERMAL ANTIGEN PRESENTATIONAnthony Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2002..This is in contrast to allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), in which hapten specific CD4+ T-lymphocytes are thought to be critical in the immunopathogenesis ..
- QUANTIFICATION OF SKIN ACRYLATE ADDUCTSLeena Nylander French; Fiscal Year: 2000..Investigator's Abstract) Multifunctional acrylate are potent contact sensitizers and, thus, may cause allergic contact dermatitis and may promote skin cancer...
- GENETIC FINGERPRINTS OF IRRITANT CONTACT DERMATITISPaul Bergstresser; Fiscal Year: 2000..Recent studies demonstrate that although irritant contact dermatitis and its companion disease, allergic contact dermatitis, have different origins (specific immunologic recognition versus non-specific inflammation), their ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION OF CUTANEOUS ENDOTHELIAL CELLS BY A-MSHCheryl Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 1999..of inflammation generated in three distinct murine models of common cutaneous inflammatory diseases: allergic contact dermatitis, irritant dermatitis, and acute photodermatitis in wild type and genetically altered animals...
- Novel Skin Barrier to Prevent and Treat Poison IvyCharles Gauntt; Fiscal Year: 2004Poison ivy/oak dermatitis (also known as Toxicodendron dermatitis) is the most common allergic contact dermatitis in the United States, affecting millions of Americans every year...
- MECHANISMS OF CYTOSKELETAL INJURY BY NI COMPOUNDSKen Lin; Fiscal Year: 1990..of industries, is a well documented carcinogen as well as a potent skin sensitizer causing severe allergic contact dermatitis. Thus, the causal role of Ni compounds as occupational hazards is significant...
- T-CELL MECHANISMS OF PATHOLOGY IN DTH & DRUG ERUPTIONSRichard Kalish; Fiscal Year: 1992The goal of this project is to determine the mechanisms of lymphocyte mediated cutaneous pathology in allergic contact dermatitis to urushiol (Toxicodendron radicans, "poison ivy") and in drug eruptions...
- Experimental and Clinical Contact Dermatitis MeetingsKevin Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2002..provide a forum for North American scientists and physicians to discuss issues concerning irritant and allergic contact dermatitis. The first meeting was held in Cincinnati in May 1999 and the second in Dallas in Nov. 2000...
- International Symposium on Atopic DermatitisJon Hanifin; Fiscal Year: 2001..of atopic disease on the prevalence, incidence, and costs of occupational dermatoses, specifically allergic contact dermatitis/hand eczema; 6) Improve the public awareness regarding the scope and prevalence of AD and the range of ..
- In Vitro Assay For Chemical AllergensSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is one of the most common and costly health problems in industrialized countries...
- NEURO MICROVASCULAR MECHANISMS IN SKIN INFLAMMATIONJOHN ANSEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Third is to determine the role of DMEC-mediated neurogenic inflammation in the pathogenesis of animal models of allergic contact dermatitis, irritant dermatitis, and acute photodermatitis.
- In Vitro Assay For Chemical AllergensSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is one of the most common and costly health problems in industrialized countries...
- REGULATION OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE TO CONTACT ALLERGENSHenry Maguire; Fiscal Year: 1980The flare reaction in allergic contact dermatitis is an activation (inflammation) of old ACD challenge sites when the allergen is given parenterally...
- UV-induced Immunosuppression to chemical toxicantsKevin Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, an allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) skin reaction to a chemical environmental agent alone can be converted into an immune suppressed ..
- ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS: MECHANISMS OF ELICITATIONHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008b>Allergic contact dermatitis is a T-cell mediated cutaneous inflammatory disease caused by epicutaneous exposure to reactive haptens...
- THE ROLE OF IL-17 PRODUCING T LYMPHOCYTES IN ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS Hui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a T cell mediated cutaneous inflammatory disease caused by epicutaneous exposure to reactive allergens...
- Mechanism for maternal transfer of asthma riskRobert Lim; Fiscal Year: 2007..Third, dendritic cell gene expression patterns between these two groups will be compared using gene arrays ..
- PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH IN CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYStuart Lessin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Lessin to continue to participate in the ongoing departmental and institutional POR programs and serve as a role model and mentor for young investigators in POR at the University of Pennsylvania. ..
- Reconstruction of skin model containing Langerhans cellsSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2003..2 cytokines known to be critically involved in the initial stages of allergic contact dermatitis (ACD). Exposure to the common irritant, on the other hand, did not result in TNF-a or IL- lb release...
- Role of 15d-PGJ2 Hepatic MacrophagesCynthia Ju; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, studies of inhibition of HO-1 and IL-10 will be carried out to determine functional association of 15d-PGJ2 with HO-1 and IL-10. ..
- In Vitro Tissue Model of PsoriasisSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immortized Human Langerhans CellsSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2002..into a highly differentiated skin model and the capacity of such an immuno-competent model to predict allergic contact dermatitis will be studied...
- Validation of a Human In Vitro Vaginal Irritation TestSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed human tissue based assay will provide a sensitive and specific time-efficient method to screen a large number of chemicals/formulations at a reduced cost. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Validation of Organotypic Vaginal Tissue Based Assay for Endocrine DisruptorsSeyoum Ayehunie; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed human organotypic tissue based assay will provide a sensitive and specific assay method to screen a large number of endocrine disrupting chemicals at a reduced cost. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Generation and Analysis of Langerhans Cell Null MiceDaniel Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposed 5 year mentored program will allow me to develop a unique model system that will provide the basis for many long term projects and collaborations and further my development into an independent investigator. ..
- HEALTH BURDERN OF COINFECTING DEER ASSOCIATED ZOONOSESPeter Krause; Fiscal Year: 2001..The density of deer will be estimated in each site. This proposed effort will help define the health burden imposed on people residing in proximity to deer and will contribute to diagnosis and case-management of apparent Lyme disease. ..
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CONFOCAL HISTOPATHOLOGY OF CONTACT DERMATITIS IN VIVOSalvador Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2002..of this work is to establish new criteria to differentiate acute Irritant Contact Dermatitis (ICD) from Allergic Contact Dermatitis (ACD) by using a video rate (real-time), near-infrared confocal reflectance microscope (CM)...