tumor lysis syndrome
Summary: A syndrome resulting from cytotoxic therapy, occurring generally in aggressive, rapidly proliferating lymphoproliferative disorders. It is characterized by combinations of hyperuricemia, lactic acidosis, hyperkalemia, hyperphosphatemia and hypocalcemia.
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor lysis syndromeS Jeha
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Hematol 38:4-8. 2001b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a constellation of metabolic disturbances observed in tumors with high cell turnover. It is associated with significant morbidity and mortality...
- Pharmacological treatment of acute renal failure in intensive care unit patientsDelphine Moreau
Medical Intensive Care Unit, CHU Gabriel Montpied, Clermont Ferrand, France
Contrib Nephrol 147:161-73. 2005..nevertheless, hematological, when patients with large tumor burden and rapid cell turnover develop acute tumor lysis syndrome (ATLS)...
- The management of tumor lysis syndromeElvira Rampello
Department of Senescence, Urological and Neurological Sciences, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 3:438-47. 2006The manifestation of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) occurs when the destruction of tumor cells releases breakdown products that overwhelm the excretory mechanisms of the body. A cardinal sign is hyperuricemia, leading to uric acid nephropathy...
- Efficacy of continuous venovenous hemofiltration with chemotherapy in patients with Burkitt lymphoma and leukemia at high risk of tumor lysis syndromeKyung A Choi
Division of Nephrology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Ann Hematol 88:639-45. 2009b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a potentially fatal metabolic complication of chemotherapy for Burkitt lymphoma...
- How we treat tumor lysis syndromeAlaa Muslimani
Department ofHematology Oncology, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 25:369-75. 2011b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is an oncology emergency that occurs as a result of rapid tumor cell breakdown and the consequent release of massive amounts of intracellular contents, including potassium, phosphate, and uric acid, into the ..
- Tumour lysis syndrome: new therapeutic strategies and classificationMitchell S Cairo
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Br J Haematol 127:3-11. 2004..We summarise recent advances in the management of TLS and provide a new classification system and recommendations for prophylaxis and/or treatment based on this classification scheme...
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in acute myeloid leukemia: two cases and a review of the literatureBrett Riccio
Department of Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1614-7. 2006Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a constellation of electrolyte abnormalities and acute renal failure, which occurs in the setting of rapid cell turnover prior to the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy...
- Tumor lysis syndrome in patients with acute myeloid leukemia: identification of risk factors and development of a predictive modelPau Montesinos
Hematology Service, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avenida Campanar 21, 46019, Valencia, Spain
Haematologica 93:67-74. 2008Despite the prophylactic use of allopurinol, tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)-related morbidity and mortality still occur in a number of patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a child with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Pediatrics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:773-5. 2010..Our case was the fifth and the youngest case of ALL with spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome. However, in contrast to previous reports in ALL or acute myeloid leukemia, our patient did not have blasts ..
- Risk factors for tumor lysis syndrome in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, flavopiridolK A Blum
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Arthur G James Comprehensive Cancer Center and The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Leukemia 25:1444-51. 2011b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) has been described in over 40% of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, flavopiridol...
- Bortezomib-induced tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with HIV-negative plasmablastic lymphomaMark Lipstein
University of Rochester, New York, NY, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:E43-6. 2010..Herein, we report a dramatic clinical response coupled with tumor lysis syndrome to a bortezomib-based treatment in an HIV-negative patient with refractory plasmablastic lymphoma.
- Prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in an outpatient settingTammy Mackiewicz
School of Nursing, University of South Florida in Tampa, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 16:189-93. 2012The prevention and identification of hyperuricemia are critical components in the management of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS), which is common in acute leukemias, large cell lymphomas, bulky tumors, large tumor burdens, and other cancers ..
- Tumor lysis syndrome after transcatheter arterial infusion of cisplatin and embolization therapy for liver metastases of melanomaYoshiyuki Nakamura
Department of Dermatology, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Int J Dermatol 48:763-7. 2009b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is rare in the treatment of solid tumors, but it may occur in myelolymphoproliferative diseases.
- Tumor lysis syndrome in small cell lung cancerA M Kallab
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, USA
Med Oncol 18:149-51. 2001b>Tumor lysis syndrome, resulting from the abrupt release of intracellular ions into the blood stream due to sudden tumor cell death, is a serious complication of chemotherapy treatment...
- Spontaneous tumour lysis syndrome associated with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma--a case reportS M Ahamed
Department of Pathology, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research JIPMER, Pondicherry
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:26-8. 2006..This rare occurrence was encountered in a patient with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), of follicular cell type. Conservative but intensive treatment led to complete resolution. Subsequent chemotherapy was well tolerated...
- Patients with malignancy requiring urgent therapy: CASE 3. Tumor lysis syndrome associated with chemotherapy in ovarian cancerJohn K Chan
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6794-5. 2005
- Tumor lysis syndrome after sorafenib for hepatocellular carcinoma: a case reportKazue Shiozawa
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Toho University Medical Center, Omori Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 57:688-90. 2010..marked renal impairment and hyperuricemia in a short period after sorafenib administration, which suggested tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome in a 7-month-old with hepatoblastomaRachel S Bercovitz
Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, The Children s Hospital, 13123 East 16th Ave Box B115, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 22:113-6. 2010Acute tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is characterized by the triad of hyperuricemia, hyperkalemia, and hyperphosphatemia and is caused by the death of tumor cells and release of intracellular contents into the circulation...
- Sunitinib inducing tumor lysis syndrome in a patient treated for renal carcinomaJudith Michels
Institut Gustave Roussy, Departement de Medecine, Villejuif, France
Invest New Drugs 28:690-3. 2010..Tumor lysis syndrom can occur in solid tumors. We report a case of patient with metastatic RCC treated with sunitinib with a diagnosis of tumor lysis syndrome.
- Metastatic gestational trophoblastic neoplasia complicated by tumor lysis syndrome, heart failure, and thyrotoxicosis: a case reportSamer Schuman
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Reprod Med 55:441-4. 2010b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is an extremely rare complication of solid tumors and is more frequently observed in patients with hematologic malignancies...
- Tumor lysis syndrome in an infant with Langerhans cell histiocytosis successfully treated using continuous arteriovenous hemofiltrationT H Jaing
Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:142-4. 2001Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) is an enigmatic disease usually occurring in children. Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a clinical syndrome associated with severe metabolic derangement and oliguric acute renal failure...
- Tumor lysis syndrome following hemi-body irradiation for metastatic breast cancerA Y Rostom
The Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Ann Oncol 11:1349-51. 2000b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a rare serious acute complication of cancer therapy, reported mainly following chemotherapy in patients with large tumor load and chemosensitive disease...
- Tumor lysis syndrome after treatment of a gastrointestinal stromal tumor with the oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor sunitinibPhilip J Saylor
Department of Oncology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3544-6. 2007
- Management of pediatric tumor lysis syndrome in the emergency departmentMark R Zonfrillo
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 27:497-504. 2009b>Tumor lysis syndrome is most often seen after the treatment of blood and solid malignancies. The resultant hyperkalemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypocalcemia, and hyperuricemia can lead to life threatening complications...
- Diffuse melanosis after chemotherapy-induced tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic melanomaKlaus J Busam
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Cutan Pathol 31:274-80. 2004..is presented, who developed slate bluish-gray to brown discoloration of her skin after chemotherapy-induced tumor lysis syndrome. A number of studies were performed to re-evaluate possible mechanisms of melanosis...
- Fixed-dose rasburicase 6 mg for hyperuricemia and tumor lysis syndrome in high-risk cancer patientsAshleigh N Vines
University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:1529-37. 2010..management of plasma uric acid levels in adults receiving anticancer therapy who are at risk for acute tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) and subsequent hyperuricemia. The labeled dose is 0...
- Tumor lysis syndrome after treatment with gemcitabine for metastatic transitional cell carcinomaCheng Jui Lin
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, 92 Chung San North Road Section 2, Taipei, Taiwan
Med Oncol 24:455-7. 2007b>Tumor lysis syndrome is a set of life threatening complication that can arise from treatment of high tumor burden, drug sensitive, and rapidly proliferating neoplasm particularly of hematological origin...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome after transarterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaHiroaki Shiba
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:2104-5. 2008..After treatment, the patient developed acute tumor lysis syndrome with hyperkalemia, hyperuricemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypocalcemia, metabolic acidosis and acute renal ..
- Tumor lysis syndrome and acute kidney injury: evaluation, prevention, and managementAli K Abu-Alfa
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8029, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 55:S1-13; quiz S14-9. 2010b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) describes a constellation of biochemical and clinical abnormalities resulting from rapid and massive tumor cell death...
- Control of plasma uric acid in adults at risk for tumor Lysis syndrome: efficacy and safety of rasburicase alone and rasburicase followed by allopurinol compared with allopurinol alone--results of a multicenter phase III studyJorge Cortes
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4207-13. 2010..This study in adults evaluated safety of and compared efficacy of rasburicase alone with rasburicase followed by oral allopurinol and with allopurinol alone in controlling plasma uric acid...
- Pitfalls in predicting tumor lysis syndromeScott C Howard
Department of Hematology Oncology and the International Outreach Program, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:782-5. 2006
- Evaluation of a low, weight-based dose of rasburicase in adult patients for the treatment or prophylaxis of tumor lysis syndromeRandall W Knoebel
Department of Pharmacy, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 17:147-54. 2011..reserved for the treatment or prevention of hyperuricemia in patients that are at high risk of developing tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)...
- Difficult diagnostic and therapeutic cases: CASE 2. thymoma and tumor lysis syndrome in an adolescentAngela D Trobaugh-Lotrario
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:955-7. 2004
- Tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic, androgen independent prostate cancerJonathan L Wright
Department of Urology, University of Washington, WA, USA
Int J Urol 12:1012-3. 2005b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is an uncommon, but well described, clinical entity that typically occurs following chemotherapy in patients with rapidly growing hematological malignancies. It is rarely described in patients with solid tumors...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with mixed small cell and non-small cell tumorHassanali H Sewani
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:722-8. 2002b>Tumor lysis syndrome, caused by massive tumor cell death, is an infrequent occurrence in solid tumors, and only a few cases of tumor lysis syndrome occurring in patients with lung cancer have been reported...
- [Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma]J Barquero Romero
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Perpetuo Socorro, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Badajoz
An Med Interna 22:387-9. 2005..The cytology and molecular studies of cervical adenopathy sample were diagnostic of high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. A presumptive diagnosis of non Hodgkin lymphoma with spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome was made.
- An integrated clinical approach for the identification, prevention, and treatment of tumor lysis syndromeTariq I Mughal
Department of Haematology, Guy s and St Thomas s NHS Hospital, London, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 36:164-76. 2010b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a potentially life-threatening metabolic disorder that occurs when tumor cells undergo rapid decomposition spontaneously or in response to cytoreductive therapy...
- Rapid complete remission in multiple myeloma with bortezomib/thalidomide/dexamethasone combination therapy following development of tumor lysis syndromeC S Chim
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:181-2. 2008
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaShefali Khanna Sharma
J Assoc Physicians India 53:828-30. 2005
- Single-dose rasburicase for tumour lysis syndrome in adults: weight-based approachM Campara
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Pharm Ther 34:207-13. 2009..The optimal rasburicase dose for adult patients has not been determined...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome after thalidomide therapy in advanced hepatocellular carcinomaChien Chang Lee
Oncologist 11:87-8; author reply 89. 2006
- Case series: acute tumor lysis syndrome in mutator mice with disseminated lymphoblastic lymphomaPiper M Treuting
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7190, USA
Toxicol Pathol 38:476-85. 2010Acute tumor lysis syndrome (ATLS) is characterized by severe metabolic abnormalities and organ dysfunction resulting from rapid destruction of neoplastic cells...
- Tumor lysis syndrome: current perspectiveJessica Hochberg
Haematologica 93:9-13. 2008
- Pathophysiology, clinical consequences, and treatment of tumor lysis syndromeMichael B Davidson
Department of General Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Med 116:546-54. 2004b>Tumor lysis syndrome is an oncologic emergency that is characterized by severe electrolyte abnormalities and, frequently, by acute renal failure...
- Rasburicase represents a new tool for hyperuricemia in tumor lysis syndrome and in goutLisa Cammalleri
Dept of Senescence, Urological and Neurological Sciences, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Int J Med Sci 4:83-93. 2007..A rapid and massive raise of uric acid, during tumor lysis syndrome (TLS), and also a lower and chronic hyperuricemia, as in gout, mainly damage the kidney...
- Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) for the prevention and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome in patients with hematologic malignanciesLin Yen Wang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Haematol 115:35-8. 2006..July 2003 to July 2004, recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) was administered to patients at risk for tumor lysis syndrome before or during the initiation of chemotherapy...
- Fatal spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic, androgen-independent prostate cancerCheng Jui Lin
South Med J 100:916-7. 2007
- Transient abnormal myelopoiesis complicated by tumor lysis syndromeYoshifusa Abe
Division of Neonatology, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Pediatr Int 48:489-92. 2006
- Bortezomib-induced tumor lysis syndrome in multiple myelomaOrhan Sezer
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Charite Berlin, Germany
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:233-5. 2006b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is exceedingly rare in multiple myeloma because of the relatively slow proliferation and response of the malignant cells...
- Treatment of impending tumor lysis with single-dose rasburicaseAnselm C W Lee
Department of Paediatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Ann Pharmacother 37:1614-7. 2003..To report the experience of using rasburicase as a single-dose treatment for childhood leukemia presenting with hyperuricemia...
- A patient with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenib tosylate showed massive tumor lysis with avoidance of tumor lysis syndromeSatoru Joshita
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Intern Med 49:991-4. 2010..In conclusion, clinicians should bear in mind not only the published adverse effects, but also massive tumor lysis, when treating patients with large tumor burden by sorafenib...
- Recommendations for the evaluation of risk and prophylaxis of tumour lysis syndrome (TLS) in adults and children with malignant diseases: an expert TLS panel consensusMitchell S Cairo
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital, NY Presbyterian, New York, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 149:578-86. 2010....
- Pediatric considerations in tumor lysis syndromeLisa Truini-Pittman
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, M T835, New York, NY 10021, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 18:17-22. 2002To identify pediatric issues related to tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) focusing on potential differences in patient monitoring and management in the pediatric patient as opposed to the adult; to discuss family and caregiver education.
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in solid tumors: really a rare condition?Eleonora Vaisban
Department of Medicine A, Western Galilee Hospital, Naharya, Israel
Am J Med Sci 325:38-40. 2003Acute tumor lysis syndrome (ATLS), which occurs spontaneously, without cytotoxic therapy, is a rare condition. Spontaneous TLS (STLS) has been seen most commonly in lymphoma and leukemia...
- Steroid-induced tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with preleukemiaS S Yang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Nephrol 59:201-5. 2003b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a well recognized complication of chemotherapy and radiotherapy for leukemia, lymphoma as well as rapidly growing malignancies. Less described is the occurrence of TLS following steroid therapy alone...
- Flare and tumor lysis syndrome with atypical features after letrozole therapy in advanced breast cancer. A case reportP Zigrossi
U.O.A. Medicina Generale II,
Ann Ital Med Int 16:112-7. 2001b>Tumor lysis syndrome, which develops after effective therapy of malignant conditions and leads to hyperuricemia, hyperkaliemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypocalcemia and elevated lactate dehydrogenase, is uncommon in solid tumors...
- Spontaneous acute tumor lysis syndrome with advanced gastric cancerI S Woo
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 16:115-8. 2001Acute tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) occurs frequently in hematologic malignancies such as high-grade lymphomas and acute leukemia, which are rapidly proliferating and chemosensitive tumors...
- Severe spontaneous acute tumor lysis syndrome and hypoglycemia in patient with germ cell tumorVito D'Alessandro
Unit of Internal Medicine, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Tumori 96:1040-3. 2010b>Tumor lysis syndrome has been observed in patients with bulky, treatment-sensitive tumors, in particular hematological malignancies, especially after medical treatment (chemotherapy, corticosteroids, radiation, hormonal agents, and ..
- Cetuximab-related tumor lysis syndrome in metastatic colon carcinomaGanapathy Krishnan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2406-8. 2008
- Evaluation of a single fixed dose of rasburicase 7.5 mg for the treatment of hyperuricemia in adults with cancerDavid J Reeves
Department of Pharmaceutical Services, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:685-90. 2008To determine the efficacy of a single 7.5-mg dose of rasburicase compared with single doses of 0.15 mg/kg for the prevention or treatment of hyperuricemia associated with tumor lysis syndrome.
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome triggered by zoledronic Acid in a patient with metastatic lung adenocarcinomaMevlut Kurt
Department of Internal Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Med Oncol 22:203-6. 2005We report the case of a 52-yr-old man with metastatic lung adenocarcinoma who developed tumor lysis syndrome after administration of zoledronic acid...
- Spontaneous acute tumour lysis syndrome in patients with metastatic germ cell tumours. Report of two casesG Pentheroudakis
Department of Medical Oncology, Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Support Care Cancer 9:554-7. 2001..Successful treatment with dialysis and chemotherapy is possible, and prophylactic vigorous hydration and allopurinol may be warranted in this setting...
- Tumor lysis syndrome induced by dexamethasoneMichael Chanimov
Anesthesiology 105:633-4. 2006
- Clinical response and pharmacokinetics from a phase 1 study of an active dosing schedule of flavopiridol in relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMitch A Phelps
Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 113:2637-45. 2009..with clinical response and cytokine release syndrome, and glucuronide metabolite AUC correlated with tumor lysis syndrome. These composite results confirm high activity of this pharmacokinetically derived schedule in relapsed, ..
- Renal tubular damage in rasburicase: risks of alkalinisationH van den Berg
Ann Oncol 15:175-6. 2004
- Consensus conference on the management of tumor lysis syndromePatrizia Tosi
Hematology Unit, Istituto Seragnoli, Ospedale Sant Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Haematologica 93:1877-85. 2008b>Tumor lysis syndrome is a potentially life threatening complication of massive cellular lysis in cancers. Identification of high-risk patients and early recognition of the syndrome is crucial in the institution of appropriate treatments...
- Tumor lysis syndrome after radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaShannon G Lehner
St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1307-9. 2005
- Spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with diffuse large B cell lymphoma and Richter syndromeAbdurrahman Tufan
Ann Hematol 85:183-4. 2006
- Recurrent chemotherapy-induced tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) with renal failure in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia - successful treatment and prevention of TLS with low-dose rasburicaseMargit Hummel
III Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Eur J Haematol 75:518-21. 2005..by a genetically modified Saccharomyces cerevisiae and has been approved for prophylaxis and treatment of tumor lysis syndrome in 2001. In several studies, rasburicase, given at a dose of 0.15-0...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome during oral fludarabine treatment for CLL--a rare event that might be observed more frequently in the futureCatherine Rioufol
Onkologie 31:157-8. 2008
- Reduced-dose rasburicase (recombinant xanthine oxidase) in adult cancer patients with hyperuricemiaS Trifilio
Pharmacy Department, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:997-1001. 2006..No significant renal dysfunction developed in any of the patients. We conclude that rasburicase is effective in lowering uric acid levels at a fixed dose of 3 mg, which is much lower than the recommended dose...
- Tumor lysis syndrome after treatment with docetaxel for non-small-cell lung cancerDaniel Ajzensztejn
Department of Oncology, The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:2389-91. 2006
- Tumor lysis syndrome/tumor flare reaction in lenalidomide-treated chronic lymphocytic leukemiaLaure A Moutouh-de Parseval
J Clin Oncol 25:5047. 2007
- Single-dose rasburicase 6 mg in the management of tumor lysis syndrome in adultsAnne M McDonnell
Department of Pharmacy Services, Medical University Hospital, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:806-12. 2006..once/day for 5 days in pediatric patients with cancer to lower plasma uric acid concentrations and manage tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)...
- A predictive model for the detection of tumor lysis syndrome during AML induction therapyAnthony R Mato
Hematologic Malignancies Program, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:877-83. 2006b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is defined by metabolic derangements occurring in the setting of rapid tumor destruction...
- Tumor lysis syndrome after capecitabine plus cisplatin treatment in advanced gastric cancerHye Suk Han
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea
J Clin Oncol 26:1006-8. 2008
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome during oral fludarabine treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Role of treatment with rasburicaseJose Manuel Calvo-Villas
Department of Hematology, Hospital General de Lanzarote, Arrecife de Lanzarote, Spain
Onkologie 31:197-9. 2008..It has a similar tolerability profile to that of the intravenous formulation. Acute tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) induced by fludarabine appears to be a fairly unusual complication during the treatment of CLL.
- Features at presentation predict children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at low risk for tumor lysis syndromeTony H Truong
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 110:1832-9. 2007b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a well-recognized complication of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). The ability to predict children at differing risk of TLS would be an early step toward risk-based approaches...
- Use of conivaptan to allow aggressive hydration to prevent tumor lysis syndrome in a pediatric patient with large-cell lymphoma and SIADHPornpimol Rianthavorn
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1367-70. 2008..It proved to be an important component in preventing uric acid nephropathy/tumor lysis syndrome. Conivaptan induced free-water clearance as indicated by increased urine output and decreased urine ..
- Intraoperative acute tumor lysis syndrome during laparoscopic splenectomy preceded by splenic artery embolizationAndrew B Leibowitz
Departments of Anesthesiology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10020, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:210-1. 2007..The patient recovered fully after suffering acute renal failure requiring dialysis for 6 weeks postoperatively. Caution using this approach is necessary to avoid this rare and potentially lethal complication...
- Tumor lysis syndromeRamon V Tiu
Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 33:397-407. 2007b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is an important metabolic disorder frequently encountered in the management of a variety of cancers including lymphoma, leukemia, and neuroblastoma...
- Guidelines for the management of pediatric and adult tumor lysis syndrome: an evidence-based reviewBertrand Coiffier
Department of Hematology, Hospices Civils de Lyon and University Claude Bernard, Lyon, France
J Clin Oncol 26:2767-78. 2008b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) has recently been subclassified into either laboratory TLS or clinical TLS, and a grading system has been established...
- Management of tumor lysis syndrome in adultsBertrand Coiffier
Centre Hospital Lyon Sud, Department of Hematology, 69310 Pierre Benite, France
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 7:233-9. 2007Spontaneous or treatment-induced tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) can cause significant morbidity and potential mortality...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome caused by transcatheter oily chemoembolization in a patient with a large hepatocellular carcinomaNoriaki Sakamoto
Department of Radiology, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, 13 70 Kitaoji, Akashi City, Hyogo, 673 8558, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:508-11. 2007Acute tumor lysis syndrome results from a sudden and rapid release of products of cellular breakdown after anticancer therapy. Severe alterations of metabolic profile might occur and result in acute renal failure...
- Severe tumor lysis syndrome during treatment with STI 571 in a patient with chronic myelogenous leukemia accelerated phaseA Vora
Ann Oncol 13:1833-4. 2002
- Hypoglycemia and tumor lysis syndrome associated with peritoneal mesothelioma in a horseAlison M Lacarrubba
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
J Vet Intern Med 20:1018-22. 2006
- Rasburicase prevents tumor lysis syndrome despite extreme hyperleukocytosisRobyn J Macfarlane
Dalhousie University Medical School, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 19:924-7. 2004..We conclude that WBC reduction strategies may not be required solely for the risk of tumor lysis syndrome in patients with very high WBC (>200 x 10(9)/l) who are treated with rasburicase.
- Elitek-rasburicase: an effective means to prevent and treat hyperuricemia associated with tumor lysis syndrome, a Meeting Report, Dallas, Texas, January 2002P M Navolanic
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Leukemia 17:499-514. 2003Renal precipitation of uric acid associated with tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a major complication in the management of leukemia, lymphoma, and other drug-sensitive cancers...
- Treatment and prevention of tumor lysis syndrome in children. Experience of Associazione Italiana Ematologia Oncologia PediatricaAndrea Pession
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 147:80-92. 2005Hyperuricemia and tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) are complications that can arise from treatment of rapidly proliferating and drug-sensitive neoplasms...
- Recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in the prophylaxis and treatment of tumor lysis syndromeSima Jeha
St Jude Children s Research Hospital and University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Contrib Nephrol 147:69-79. 2005Spontaneous or treatment-induced tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) can cause significant morbidity and potential mortality...
- Acute tumor lysis syndrome in solid tumors--a case report and review of the literatureL Baeksgaard
Department of Oncology, National University Hospital, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 51:187-92. 2003b>Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is a potential complication in cancer therapy. It may occur in highly sensitive tumors, especially in childhood cancers and acute leukemias, whereas it is rare in the treatment of adult solid tumors...
- Recombinant urate oxidase for prevention of hyperuricemia and tumor lysis syndrome in lymphoid malignanciesRaul C Ribeiro
The Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Clin Lymphoma 3:225-32. 2003..accompanied by other metabolic abnormalities and/or organ failure, hyperuricemia may be a manifestation of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)...
- Pan-European multicentre economic evaluation of recombinant urate oxidase (rasburicase) in prevention and treatment of hyperuricaemia and tumour lysis syndrome in haematological cancer patientsL Annemans
HEDM Health Economics and Disease Management, Brusselsesteenweg 91, 1860, Meise, Belgium
Support Care Cancer 11:249-57. 2003..The objective was to assess incremental cost-effectiveness ratios (ICER) of preventing/treating HU and TLS with recombinant urate oxidase, rasburicase (Fasturtec/Elitek)...
- Efficacy and safety of rasburicase (recombinant urate oxidase) for the prevention and treatment of hyperuricemia during induction chemotherapy of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results of the GRAAL1 (Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'Adulte Trial on RBertrand Coiffier
Hematologie, CH Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
J Clin Oncol 21:4402-6. 2003Hyperuricemia and tumor lysis syndrome are well-known complications during induction treatment of aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHLs)...
- Role of i.v. allopurinol and rasburicase in tumor lysis syndromeMark T Holdsworth
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, 2502 Marble, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131 5691, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:2213-22; quiz 2223-4. 2003The role of i.v. allopurinol and rasburicase in tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) is described. The current standard management for TLS consists of oral allopurinol in conjunction with i.v. hydration with or without alkalinization...
- Emergency care: the tumor lysis syndromeEcaterina Turtureanu-Hanganu
University Hospital Sf Spiridon, Medical Clinic of Hematology, School of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Gr T Popa, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 106:705-11. 2002The Tumor Lysis Syndrome (TLS) is a constellation of metabolic disturbances due to the rapid tumoral cell destruction, either spontaneous or induced by cytoreduction therapy, which manifests as an acute, subacute or chronic renal ..
- Acute spontaneous tumor lysis presenting with hyperuricemic acute renal failure: clinical features and therapeutic approachHsiang Hao Hsu
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kweishan, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Nephrol 17:50-6. 2004Acute spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome (STLS) presenting with hyperuricemic acute renal failure (ARF) is a rare disease which can be overlooked in patients with neoplasic disorders, requiring prompt recognition and aggressive management...
- Rasburicase (recombinant urate oxidase) for the management of hyperuricemia in patients with cancer: report of an international compassionate use studyAndre Bosly
Cliniques Universitaires, Avenue Dr Therasse 1, B 5530 de Mont Godinne, Belgium
Cancer 98:1048-54. 2003Hyperuricemia and tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) are serious complications that can occur during chemotherapy for hematologic malignancies, even if standard management procedures, including administration of allopurinol, are undertaken...
- European experience in the treatment of hyperuricemiaC Patte
Pediatric Oncology Department, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Semin Hematol 38:9-12. 2001..management of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and for prevention of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS)...
- Tumor lysis syndrome: an uncommon complication of fludarabine therapy of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaB D Cheson
Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program, Division of Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2313-20. 1998To quantify the incidence and severity of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) as a consequence of fludarabine therapy in patients with advanced chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Urate oxidase in the prophylaxis or treatment of hyperuricemia: the United States experienceC H Pui
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, College of Medicine, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Semin Hematol 38:13-21. 2001..These data suggest that recombinant urate oxidase is safe and effective in the prophylaxis and treatment of hyperuricemia associated with malignancy or chemotherapy...
- Preclinical Development of Uricase-PEG 20JOHN BOMALASKI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Severe hyperuricemia can occur following cancer chemotherapy (tumor lysis syndrome) and organ transplantation (most common in heart and kidney transplant patients) which may result in acute ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- First Int'l Symposium on Childhood and Adolescent NHLMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Phase I Study of Single Agent Flavopiridol in B-Cell *Thomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will examine whether acute infusion toxicity to flavopiridol is accompanied by release of inflammatory cytokines such as TNF-a, IFN-y, IL-6, IL-8 and IL-10. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hu1D10 in CLL: CLINICAL AND LABORATORY STUDIESJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Dosing Schedule of Flavopiridol in CLLThomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that this dosing schedule will modulate pharmacodynamic targets and show clinical activity. We plan to proceed to phase II studies of this schedule in high-risk CLL patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Phase I Study of the AKT Inhibitor 17-AAG in CLLThomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antiproliferative Rx for venous neointimal hyperplasiaPrabir Roy Chaudhury; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the results from this study could transform the clinical care of hemodialysis patients and at the same time result in the successful clinical application of local therapy for the treatment of neointimal hyperplasia...
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPYaddanapudi Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy in B-Cell CLL.Thomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Correlative studies to assess tumor resistance factors will be conducted, to provide insight for development of future antibodies and combination regimens. ..