Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diseases of lymph or lymph vessels.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of lymph node in MymensinghM A Haque
Department of Pathology, MMC, Mymensingh
Mymensingh Med J 12:33-5. 2003..76% and 97.92%, respectively. So, the investigators reasonably conclude that before resort to surgical intervention FNAC may be a helpful procedure in the diagnosis of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesion of lymph nodes...
- Optical differentiation between malignant and benign lymphadenopathy by grey scale texture analysis of endobronchial ultrasound convex probe imagesPhan Nguyen
The University of Queensland, UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Herston, Australia
Chest 141:709-15. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine if this methodology could differentiate between benign and malignant lymphadenopathy of EBUS images...
- Rosai-Dorfman disease: unusual cause of diffuse and massive retroperitoneal lymphadenopathyK S Sodhi
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research P G I M E R, Chandigarh, 160012 India
Br J Radiol 78:845-7. 2005..This uncommon entity should also be included in the list of differential diagnoses of diffuse and massive lymphadenopathy, which includes includes infectious/granulomatous conditions, lymphomatous and metastatic disease...
- Dendritic cell (DC)-specific targeting reveals Stat3 as a negative regulator of DC functionJessica A Melillo
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 184:2638-45. 2010..These results reveal a cell-intrinsic negative regulatory role of Stat3 in DCs and link increased DC activation with perturbed immune homeostasis and chronic mucosal inflammation...
- Apoptosis regulators Fas and Bim cooperate in shutdown of chronic immune responses and prevention of autoimmunityPeter D Hughes
Molecular Genetics of Cancer, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne 3050, Australia
Immunity 28:197-205. 2008..These results identify critical overlapping roles for Fas and Bim in T cell death in immune response shutdown and prevention of immunopathology and thereby resolve a long-standing controversy...
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for the diagnosis of intrathoracic lymphadenopathy in patients with extrathoracic malignancy: a multicenter studyNeal Navani
Center for Respiratory Research, University College London, London
J Thorac Oncol 6:1505-9. 2011..The utility of EBUS-TBNA in patients with extrathoracic malignancy was evaluated...
- Lymphadenopathy in children: when and how to evaluateLinda S Nield
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 43:25-33. 2004
- Histological diversity of reactive and atypical proliferative lymph node lesions in systemic lupus erythematosus patientsMasaru Kojima
Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories, Gunma Cancer Center Hospital, Ohta, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 203:423-31. 2007....
- [Case report of patient with systemic lupus erythematosus proceed with lymphadenopathy]Antoni Hrycek
Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych, Autoimmunologicznych i Metabolicznych Sl AM w Katowicach
Pol Arch Med Wewn 116:771-6. 2006..Corticosteroid treatment cause improvement of clinic condition of subject and standardization of many laboratory results...
- The clinical importance of lymphadenopathy in systemic lupus erythematosusMeltem A Melikoglu
Department of Rheumatology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Acta Reumatol Port 33:402-6. 2008..An increased awareness is recommended in dealing with SLE patients with LAP and careful clinical, laboratory and pathological evaluation are often needed in order to establish an accurate diagnosis...
- Frequency of lymphadenopathy in rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusM Calguneri
Department of Rheumatology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Int Med Res 31:345-9. 2003..Lymph node enlargement is an important physical finding associated with RA and SLE disease activity. Atypical locations and unusually large lymph nodes should raise clinical suspicion of another underlying disease...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus presenting with generalized lymphadenopathy: a case reportB Biner
Department of Pediatrics, Trakya University Faculty of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 43:94-6. 2001..The patient had an active disease and developed renal involvement, despite steroid therapy. The patient's clinical presentation, course and response to therapy are detailed, and the literature on lupus lymphadenitis is reviewed...
- Lymphoscintigraphy in angiomyomatous hamartomas and primary lower limb lymphedemaPierre Bourgeois
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Nucl Med 34:405-9. 2009..However, scintigraphic investigation of the lymphatic system in these patients was reported in only 2 cases...
- Histiocytic lymphophagocytic panniculitis. An unusual extranodal presentation of sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy (Rosai-Dorfman disease)S Suster
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Fla 33140
Arch Dermatol 124:1246-9. 1988..Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy should be entertained in the differential diagnosis of cutaneous lesions presenting with septal and lobular panniculitis...
- 18F-FDG PET versus CT for the detection of enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma in refractory celiac diseaseMuhammed Hadithi
Department of Gastroenterology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 47:1622-7. 2006....
- Positron emission tomography imaging in nonmalignant thoracic disordersAbass Alavi
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Semin Nucl Med 32:293-321. 2002..Finally, the value of FDG-PET in differentiating benign from malignant diseases of the pleura including asbestosis-related disorders is described at the conclusion of this comprehensive review...
- Cutaneous Rosai-Dorfman disease of the forearm: case reportChristopher A Potts
Departments of Surgery Hand and Pathology, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA 31207, USA
J Hand Surg Am 33:1409-13. 2008..Cutaneous RDD is even less common than cases involving lymph nodes. We present the case of a patient with long-standing Crohn's disease who developed cutaneous RDD in the forearm...
- Idiopathic cervical fibrosis--a new member of IgG4-related sclerosing diseases: report of 4 cases, 1 complicated by composite lymphomaWah Cheuk
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong Sanatorium, Hong Kong
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1678-85. 2010..Thus lymphoma can supervene in the chronic inflammatory background similar to that recently documented for IgG4-related sclerosing disease of the ocular adnexa...
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma and associated stromal lesions in the right inguinal lymph node: a case reportY Sakurai
Department of Surgery and Pathology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Pathol Int 50:655-9. 2000....
- Polyclonal IgG4 hypergammaglobulinemia associated with plasmacytic lymphadenopathy, anemia and nephropathyEmmanuelle Boulanger
Department of Clinical Immunology, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Ann Hematol 85:833-40. 2006..The increased IgG4 production was found to be mediated by soluble factor(s), most probably secreted by activated T cells, which did not require the signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 signaling pathway...
- Neck masses in childrenJ R A Turkington
Department of Radiology, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, 180 Falls Road, Belfast BT12 6BE, UK
Br J Radiol 78:75-85. 2005..It must be emphasised that the radiological findings should always be interpreted in conjunction with the patient's age, the clinical history and the findings on physical examination...
- Combined deficiency of proapoptotic regulators Bim and Fas results in the early onset of systemic autoimmunityJack Hutcheson
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Immunity 28:206-17. 2008..These data demonstrate that dysregulation of the Bcl-2 or Fas pathways can alter the function of APCs, thereby leading to SLE pathogenesis...
- Diagnosis of cavitating mesenteric lymph node syndrome in celiac disease using MRIBonnie J Huppert
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic East 2B, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1375-7. 2004
- Renal lesions in IgG4-related systemic diseaseTakako Saeki
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital
Intern Med 46:1365-71. 2007..Our aim was to investigate the renal involvement in this condition...
- Prevalence and distribution of extrapancreatic lesions complicating autoimmune pancreatitisHideaki Hamano
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:1197-205. 2006..To confirm this, we clarified the exact distribution of these extrapancreatic lesions and provide a panoramic view of them...
- IgG4-related sclerosing disease incorporating sclerosing pancreatitis, cholangitis, sialadenitis and retroperitoneal fibrosis with lymphadenopathyT Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pancreatology 6:132-7. 2006..Autoimmune pancreatitis is usually associated with elevated serum IgG4 concentrations, and sometimes with sclerosing cholangitis and Sjögren's syndrome. This study aimed to elucidate the proposed entity of IgG4-related sclerosing disease...
- Lymphadenopathy of IgG4-related sclerosing diseaseWah Cheuk
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Am J Surg Pathol 32:671-81. 2008....
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration cytology: a state of the art reviewS E H Cameron
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Cytopathology 21:6-26. 2010..An algorithmic approach to the cytological diagnosis, starting with the determination of the adequacy of the sample, is also presented...
- A unique combination of celiac disease, mesenteric lymph node cavitation, splenic atrophy and necrotizing hepatitisT Cornelis
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:267-70. 2008..The causal relationship with celiac disease, if any, remains unproven...
- IgG4-related disease: historical overview and pathology of hematological disordersYasuharu Sato
Department of Pathology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kita ku, Okayama, Japan
Pathol Int 60:247-58. 2010..Moreover, some malignant lymphomas, especially mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma, arise from ocular adnexal IgG4-related disease. In addition, IgG4-producing lymphoma also exists...
- Imaging of pediatric neck massesElliott R Friedman
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, 6431 Fannin MSB2 130B, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 49:617-32, v. 2011..The goal of imaging should be to help arrive at a diagnosis or limited differential in an efficient manner while minimizing radiation exposure...
- Dermacentor-borne necrosis erythema and lymphadenopathy: clinical and epidemiological features of a new tick-borne diseaseJ A Oteo
Servicio de Medicina Interna y Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital de La Rioja, Logrono, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 10:327-31. 2004..The probable aetiological agent is Rickettsia slovaca. Similar cases have been reported in other European countries...
- Colonic lymphoid nodular hyperplasia in children: relationship to food hypersensitivityGiuseppe Iacono
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Di Cristina Children s Hospital, Palermo, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:361-6. 2007..The clinical significance of lymphoid nodular hyperplasia (LNH) of the lower gastrointestinal tract is unclear. The aim of this study was to define the frequency and clinical significance of LNH in pediatric patients undergoing colonoscopy...
- A case of diffuse nodular lymphoid hyperplasiaEren Ersoy
Departments of General Surgery, Ataturk Research and Educational Hospital, Ankara
Turk J Gastroenterol 19:268-70. 2008..We report here a diffuse nodular lymphoid hyperplasia case who underwent a radical resection because of obscurity in the diagnosis...
- Volume of cervical lymph nodes using 3D ultrasonography. Differentiation of metastatic from reactive lymphadenopathy in primary head and neck malignancyH C Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Acta Radiol 43:571-4. 2002..To assess the usefulness of volume measurement using 3D US for depicting metastatic cervical lymph nodes...
- Scalp eschar and neck lymphadenopathy caused by Bartonella henselae after Tick BiteEmmanouil Angelakis
Unité de Recherche de Maladies Infectieuses Transmissibles et Emergents UMR 6236, Centre National de Références Scientifques Institut de Recherche pour le Développement, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Marseille, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:549-51. 2010..However, in many cases, the causative agent remains undetermined. We report 3 cases of this syndrome caused by Bartonella henselae, and we propose the term "SENLAT" to collectively describe this clinical entity...
- Decreased CD4-CD8- TCR-alpha beta + cells in lpr/lpr mice lacking beta 2-microglobulinP F Mixter
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington 05405
J Immunol 154:2063-74. 1995..Thus, absence of class I MHC-positive selection of CD8+ and CD4-CD8- TCR-alpha beta + cells limits the autoimmune diathesis observed in beta 2-m+/+ lpr/lpr mice...
- Ectopic cervical thymoma: a report of two cases of a rare entity frequently misdiagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology and frozen sectionBenedict Yan
Department of Pathology, National University Health System, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore, 119074, Singapore
Head Neck Pathol 4:152-6. 2010..Short follow-up precludes conclusion on the implication of positive margins in conjunction with adjuvant radiotherapy for one of the patients presented herein...
- Rickettsia slovaca in Dermacentor marginatus and tick-borne lymphadenopathy, Tuscany, ItalyMarco Selmi
Osservatorio Permanente per Patologie a Trasmissione Vettoriale, Lucca, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 14:817-20. 2008..Of the ticks, 17 were Dermacentor marginatus; 6 (35.3%) of these were identified by sequence analysis as containing Rickettsia slovaca. Tick-borne lympadenopathy occurs in this area...
- Caspase-8 deficiency in T cells leads to a lethal lymphoinfiltrative immune disorderLeonardo Salmena
Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
J Exp Med 202:727-32. 2005..These findings suggest that tcasp8-/- mice may serve as an animal model to evaluate Caspase-8-deficient patient prognosis and therapy. Overall, our study uncovers novel in vivo functions for caspase-8 in immune regulation...
- A preliminary report of fine-needle aspiration biopsy in superficially accessible lesions in childrenA M O Shonubi
Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Maseru, Kingdom of Lesotho, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 23:221-3. 2004..Its clinical use has continued to widen with the availability of more sophisticated methods of imaging. Its minimal invasiveness, cheap cost and easy application make it a technique of choice in investigating swellings even in children...
- Coexistence of symptomatic iron-deficiency anemia and duodenal nodular lymphoid hyperplasia due to giardiasis: case reportErhun Kasirga
Celal Bayar University Faculty of Medicine, Manisa, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:57-61. 2009..At upper endoscopy, duodenal mucosa was diffusely nodular. Histopathologic evaluation of biopsy samples from the duodenum revealed infection with Giardia intestinalis. His anemia improved with metronidazole and iron treatment...
- Transbronchial versus transesophageal ultrasound-guided aspiration of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodesFelix J F Herth
Department of Internal Medicine, Pneumology and Critical Care Medicine, Thoraxklinik at the University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:1164-7. 2005..Transesophageal and transbronchial, ultrasound-guided, fine-needle aspiration of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes have become popular, but have never been compared directly...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and prior negative mediastinoscopyMohamad A Eloubeidi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1231-9. 2005....
- Bcl-2 and Fas/APO-1 regulate distinct pathways to lymphocyte apoptosisA Strasser
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 14:6136-47. 1995..These data raise the possibility that Bcl-2 and Fas/APO-1 regulate distinct pathways to lymphocyte apoptosis...
- The real impact and usefulness of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery in the diagnosis and therapy of clinical lymphadenopathies of the mediastinumPier Paolo Brega Massone
Oncologic Thoracic Surgery PPBM, CL, IC, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 10:1197-202. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) in the diagnosis and therapy of clinical mediastinal lymphadenopathies...
- X-linked lymphoreticular disease in the scurfy (sf) mutant mouseV L Godfrey
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN 37831 8077
Am J Pathol 138:1379-87. 1991..Raising scurfy mice in a specific-pathogen-free environment does not alter disease expression. Thus, while our findings indicate that scurfy disease may be the result of immune dysfunction, it is not a classic immunodeficiency...
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma of inguinal lymph nodesAndrea Piedimonte
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:714-6. 2006
- Systemic IgG4-related lymphadenopathy: a clinical and pathologic comparison to multicentric Castleman's diseaseYasuharu Sato
Department of Pathology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Mod Pathol 22:589-99. 2009..Our findings of eosinophil infiltration in the affected tissue and elevation of serum IgE may suggest an allergic mechanism in the pathogenesis of systemic IgG4-related lymphadenopathy...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of mediastinal lymph node in patients with suspected lung cancer after positron emission tomography and computed tomography scansMohamad A Eloubeidi
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 79:263-8. 2005....
- RASA1 maintains the lymphatic vasculature in a quiescent functional state in micePhilip E Lapinski
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Clin Invest 122:733-47. 2012....
- Apoptosis regulators Bim and Fas function concurrently to control autoimmunity and CD8+ T cell contractionAshley E Weant
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Immunity 28:218-30. 2008..Our results demonstrate that multiple death pathways function concurrently to prevent autoimmunity and downsize T cell responses...
- Neck masses in children: etiopathology in a tertiary centerO D Osifo
Department of Surgery, Paediatric Surgery Unit, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Nigeria
Niger J Clin Pract 14:232-6. 2011..Neck masses are common in children; they could present diagnostic challenges, and some may be malignant. This study determines the etiology, histopathology, and outcome of treatment in a Nigerian tertiary center...
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma of a popliteal lymph node: an unusual cause of posterior knee painCraig S Mauro
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:372-4. 2008..There has been 1 report of an angiomyomatous hamartoma of a cervical lymph node, and this is the first reported case occurring in an extremity. We present a case of angiomyomatous hamartoma occurring in a single popliteal lymph node...
- Role of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in cervical lymphadenopathyAhmed Abdel Khalek Abdel Razek
Diagnostic Radiology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Eur Radiol 16:1468-77. 2006..This technique provides additional useful physiological and functional information regarding characterization of cervical lymph nodes...
- Disease spectrum of cervical lymphadenitis: analysis based on ultrasound-guided core-needle gun biopsyJoon Young Song
Division of Infectious Diseases, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Infect 55:310-6. 2007..We are evaluating the disease spectrum of cervical lymphadenitis in the outpatient setting...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration in patients with lymphadenopathy suspected of recurrent malignancy after curative treatmentTakuji Iwashita
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Hospital, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, 501 1194, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:190-6. 2009..We aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) as a diagnostic tool in patients with lymphadenopathy after curative treatment of malignancy...
- EUS-guided FNA immediately after unrevealing transbronchial needle aspiration in the evaluation of mediastinal lymphadenopathy: a prospective studyKay Leong Khoo
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, National University Hospital, Singapore
Gastrointest Endosc 63:215-20. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the utility of TBNA with ROSE, combined with the option for immediate EUS-FNA in a single-session approach to mediastinal lymphadenopathy...
- Tick-borne lymphadenopathy (TIBOLA)Andras Lakos
Centre for Tick borne Diseases, Budapest, Hungary
Wien Klin Wochenschr 114:648-54. 2002..From 1996 through 2000, we collected data on 86 patients with similar symptoms following a tick bite. The inclusion criteria were: enlarged regional lymph nodes and/or vesicular-ulcerative local reaction at the site of the tick bite...
- Accuracy of sonographic vascular features in differentiating different causes of cervical lymphadenopathyMichael Ying
Department of Optometry and Radiography, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:441-7. 2004..5) and metastases (PI > 1.5), with an accuracy of 77% in both diseases. When appropriate criteria are used, power Doppler sonography is a valuable adjunct in the sonographic evaluation of cervical lymphadenopathy...
- EUS-guided fine needle aspiration in mediastinal lymphadenopathy of unknown etiologyMarc F Catalano
St Luke s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 55:863-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy and impact on subsequent evaluation and therapy of EUS-FNA in mediastinal lymphadenopathy of unknown cause...
- Clinical utility of EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration of mediastinal masses in the absence of known pulmonary malignancyBenedict M Devereaux
Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:397-401. 2002..A large, single-center experience with EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) in the diagnosis of non-lung cancer-related mediastinal masses is presented...
- Imaging of lymphadenopathy in the neckJonas A Castelijns
Department of Radiology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 12:727-38. 2002....
- Discrimination of metastatic cervical lymph nodes with diffusion-weighted MR imaging in patients with head and neck cancerMisa Sumi
Department of Radiology and Cancer Biology, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1627-34. 2003..Metastasis to the regional cervical lymph nodes may be associated with alterations in water diffusivity and microcirculation of the node. We tested whether diffusion-weighted MR imaging could discriminate metastatic nodes...
- Glomeruloid microvascular proliferation in angiomyomatous hamartoma of the lymph nodeJean Louis Dargent
Virchows Arch 445:320-2. 2004
- A signal adaptor SLAM-associated protein regulates spontaneous autoimmunity and Fas-dependent lymphoproliferation in MRL-Faslpr lupus miceHiroaki Komori
Department of Pathology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Toon, Japan
J Immunol 176:395-400. 2006..The present study will provide evidence for an essential role for SAP in the development of autoimmune diseases, autoantibodies, and lymphadenopathy in MRL/lpr lupus mice...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy for lymphadenopathy of unknown originI Yasuda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Endoscopy 38:919-24. 2006....
- Cervical lymphadenopathy in childrenN Umapathy
Department of Otolaryngology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham B1 1PC
Hosp Med 64:104-7. 2003..This article presents an algorithm based on the available evidence for the management of cervical lymphadenopathy in children...
- Retroperitoneal lymphatics on CT and MRShalini Govil
Radiology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Abdom Imaging 32:53-5. 2007..In another patient, the calibre and number of the dilated retroperitoneal channels reduced following anti-filarial therapy. The remaining four patients presented with chyluria...
- Diagnostic approach using endosonography guided fine needle aspiration for lymphadenopathy in primary sclerosing cholangitisShintaro Tsukinaga
Department of Endoscopy, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minatoku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 13:3758-9. 2007..Therefore, EUS-FNA was done in order to exclude malignant lymphadenopathy, and adequate specimens obtained by EUS-FNA showed reactive hyperplasia of lymph node. The patients were scheduled to undergo liver transplantation...
- Differential diagnosis of neck lumpsParameshwara K Prakash
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Practitioner 246:252-4, 256-7, 259. 2002
- [Sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy--differential diagnosis in typical cervical manifestation]S Gotthardt
Rofo 179:746-8. 2007
- X-linked hyper-IgM syndrome associated with poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumor presenting as obstructive jaundice secondary to extensive adenopathyNandini Nagaraj
Huntsman Cancer Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:2312-6. 2007..This has not previously been reported and represents a new association with XHIGM...
- Conventional transbronchial needle aspiration decreases the rate of surgical sampling of intrathoracic lymphadenopathyNina M Patel
Columbia University, Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, 622 W 168th St, PH 8 East, Room 840, New York, NY 10032, USA
Chest 131:773-8. 2007..The goal of this study was to determine whether conventional TBNA using combined cytologic and histologic analysis of tissue specimens impacted the rates of surgical diagnostic biopsies of patients with intrathoracic lymphadenopathy...
- Endobronchial ultrasound: new insight for the diagnosis of sarcoidosisM Wong
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan, and Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Eur Respir J 29:1182-6. 2007..8%) of the patients. No complications were reported. Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration proved to be a safe procedure with a high yield for the diagnoses of sarcoidosis...
- An HIV-positive patient with cervical lymphadenopathy and skin lesionsRodrigo Pires dos Santos
Infectious Diseases Section, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Clin Infect Dis 44:849, 884-5. 2007
- A clinicopathologic study of sinus histiocytosis with massive lymphadenopathy mimicking an optic nerve tumorSubramanian Krishnakumar
Medical and Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:172-5. 2003
- The diagnostic value of fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) in the assessment of palpable supraclavicular lymph nodes: a study of 218 casesR K Gupta
The Cytology Unit, Department of Laboratory Services, Wellington Hospital and School of Medicine, Wellington, New Zealand
Cytopathology 14:201-7. 2003..Furthermore, the histological architecture from cell blocks can be correlated with cytology, and such material can be used for appropriate histochemical and immunomarker studies, which can be useful in enhancing the diagnosis...
- Transbronchial needle aspiration cytology of subcarinal lymph nodes for the staging procedure in the diagnosis of lung cancerHiromi Aono
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Yokohama Municipal Citizen s Hospital, Yokohama, and First Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Respirology 11:782-5. 2006..The aim of this study was to improve the staging of lung cancer with or without lymphadenopathy on chest CT by using transbronchial aspiration cytology (TBAC)...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of cervical lymph nodes in Kawasaki diseaseNorimichi Tashiro
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
Pediatrics 109:E77-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the ultrasonographic feature of cervical lymph nodes in patients with KD, bacterial lymphadenitis, and infectious mononucleosis...
- Mediastinal lymphadenopathy in a patient with previously treated T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaNarayan Karanth
Department of Medical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Med J Aust 188:117-8. 2008..Mediastinal lymph node involvement is uncommon in tuberculosis. In view of its relative rarity but good prognosis, it is important to distinguish tuberculous mediastinal lymphadenitis in adults from other causes of mediastinal masses...
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy diagnosis of metastatic prostate carcinoma to inguinal lymph nodeMarilin Rosa
Cytopathology Section, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 35:565-7. 2007..The initial clinical presentation of inguinal lymphadenopathy, the age of the patient and the cytologic features made this an unusual case...
- Cytology of leukemic lymphadenopathyPerikala V Kumar
Department of Pathology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, I R, Iran
Acta Cytol 46:801-7. 2002..To describe the cytomorphologic features of leukemic cells in lymph node aspiration material...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 33-2002. A 28-year-old woman with ocular inflammation, fever, and headacheStuart B Mushlin
N Engl J Med 347:1350-7. 2002
- Evaluation of the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound in diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyS B Dangore
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, DMIMS, Sawangi M, Wardha, Maharashtra 442004, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 37:205-12. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound (CDUS) to differentiate between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes...
- Supraclavicular and axillary lymphadenopathy as the initial manifestation in Wegener's granulomatosisT Hashizume
Yokohama Sakaekyosai Hospital, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 21:525-7. 2002..This patient was negative for classic antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (c-ANCA). Treatment with glucocorticoids, cyclophosphamide and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole has induced complete remission...
- [Value of cytologic diagnosis in rapid intraoperative diagnosis of mediastinal lymphadenopathy and tumors of the lung and mediastinum]Zeljka Tatomirovic
Vojnomedicinska akademija, ZPSM Institut za patologiju, Beograd
Vojnosanit Pregl 59:493-7. 2002..However, imprint cytology demands an experienced cytologist and could be used only in hospitals with well organized cytologic service...
- Usefulness of Doppler waveform analysis in differential diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyZoran Brnic
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Merkur, Kopernikova 10, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Eur Radiol 13:175-80. 2003..Doppler spectral analysis is a valuable noninvasive adjunct which can help in differentiation between metastatic, lymphomatous, acute inflammatory, and reactive lymphadenopathy, but cannot obviate biopsy in the majority of cases...
- Cervical lymphadenopathy secondary to Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease in a child: case reportSteven P Chase
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 87:350-3. 2008..This rare entity can be diagnosed only by excisional biopsy on the basis of its characteristic histologic appearance. We describe a case of persistent cervical lymphadenopathy secondary to Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease in an 11-year-old girl...
- An unusual cause of cervical lymphadenopathiesM Sagit
Department of ENT, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Kecioren Ankara, Turkey
Neth J Med 66:262, 263. 2008
- Cervical mediastinoscopy versus computed tomography for detecting enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes in non-cancerous lung diseasesAydin Sanli
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Dokuz Eylul Medical School, Izmir, Turkey
Surg Today 38:1-4. 2008..Generally, there is no absolute consistency between the findings of CM and CT. For this reason, obtaining samples from each station regardless of CT findings is recommended...
- [A rare cause of cervical adenopathy]D Comte
Service de Medecine Interne, Departement de Medecine, CHUV, Lausanne
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:1821-4. 2007..Histology analysis of the lymph node showed a typical aspect of histiocytic necrotizing lymphadenitis. This is compatible with the diagnosis of Kikuchi's disease...
- Cardiac sarcoidosis underlies idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: importance of mediastinal lymphadenopathy in differential diagnosisKaoru Otsuka
Department of Internal Medicine III, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Circ J 71:1937-41. 2007..This is a crucial issue because appropriate therapy with immunosuppressive agents can be initiated if early diagnosis is achieved...
- EUS-FNA and FDG-PET are complementary procedures in the diagnosis of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodesL Bataille
Department of Gastroenterology, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Bruxelles, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:219-29. 2008..Our aim was to compare their value in the assessment of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes detected by computed tomography...
- Case 1: pneumomediastinum in a previously healthy childAna Katz
Department of Pediatrics, The Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Acta Paediatr 96:1848; 1850-1. 2007
- A 41-year-old man with fatigue, weight loss, hypercalcemia, and hepatosplenomegalyBruce P Hamilton
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, and Medical Care Clinical Center, VA Maryland Health Care System, Baltimore, USA
Am J Med Sci 324:31-6. 2002
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 13-2008. A 46-year-old man with rheumatoid arthritis and lymphadenopathyNikhil C Munshi
Boston Veterans Affairs Healthcare System and the Jerome Lipper Center for Multiple Myeloma, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 358:1838-48. 2008
- The utility of fine needle aspiration in HIV positive childrenP Michelow
Cytology Unit, National Health Laboratory Service and University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Cytopathology 19:86-93. 2008..To determine the spectrum of disease, diagnostic accuracy and adequacy of fine needle aspirates (FNA) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive children who present with mass lesions...
- Isolated mediastinal adenopathy: the case for mediastinoscopyTerence E McManus
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Auckland, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
Ulster Med J 77:97-101. 2008..We wished to examine correlations between clinical diagnosis and that made by histological sampling of enlarged mediastinal nodes particularly in patients with isolated mediastinal adenopathy...
- Evaluation of lymph node perfusion using continuous mode harmonic ultrasonography with a second-generation contrast agentLeopoldo Rubaltelli
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 23:829-36. 2004....
- Interdigitating dendritic cell sarcoma: a report of four paediatric cases and review of the literatureK Pillay
Department of Pathology, Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital University of Cape Town Medical School, Cape Town, South Africa
Histopathology 44:283-91. 2004..Neoplasms derived from interdigitating dendritic cells are rare, with only 33 cases being reported in the literature (Medline search). These tumours usually occur in lymph nodes in the adult population...
- Cholesterol and Lymphatic Transport of Molecules and CellsMelody A Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Lymphatic diseases have received insufficient attention in the past, such that progress in treating lymphatic disease has been ..
- Stanford Career Development in Vascular MedicineJohn P Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2012..a one year core clinical training program that confers competency in the management of arterial, venous and lymphatic diseases and associated disorders;2) Formulate, initiate and annually update a didactic training program in clinical ..
- Evaluation of Lymph Flow and FunctionDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2009..lymphatic involvement in these disease processes is grossly understudied making the recognition of lymphatic diseases effectively quite rare...
- 2006 Molecular Mechanisms in Lymphatic Function & Disease Gordon ConferenceGEERT SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The conference plays an essential role in the advancement of lymphology and development of a new understanding of lymphatic diseases and treatments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]
- The Lymphatic Continuum ConferenceStanley Rockson; Fiscal Year: 2002..On the second day of the symposium, attendance will be limited to a working nucleus of 50-60 invited participants in order to encourage open discussion and formulation of theoretical research agendas. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms in Lymphatic Function & DiseaseStanley Rockson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The physiology and human genetics of the lymphatic system will be explored and there will be a focus upon mechanisms of cancer metastasis and its relationship to lymphatic function and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- INTERACTIONS OF HEAVY METAL IONS WITH THE HUMAN GENOMEMichael Karin; Fiscal Year: 2007..As NF-KB plays a key role in inflammation, understanding the regulation of IKK activity by oxidants, such as ozone, will provide a molecular basis for oxidant induced inflammatory disease. ..
- Functions and Mechanisms of Radiation Induced ResponsesMichael Karin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INHIBITION OF THE ANGIOGENIC RESPONSELuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Characterization of CNS-Compartmentalized env GenesRonald Swanstrom; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of fitness in HIV protease inhibitor resistanceRonald Swanstrom; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will develop SIVsm as a resistance/fitness model to prepare for future studies that will allow a formal test of the contribution of attenuated replication capacity to reduced pathogenicity. ..
- Transfer of the CD40 ligand gene to esophageal carcinomaRobert Korst; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will help determine if intratumoral administration of the AdCUCD40L vector is safe, and evokes sufficient DC-related host responses to warrant further studies in esophageal cancer. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- Characterization of a single cycle SIV vaccine candidateRonald Swanstrom; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mast Cells and IBD PathogenesisLAURA HALE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Utilizing Lithium for Patients with Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Besides surgery, there are limited curative and palliative treatments available to patients with metastatic NE tumors, emphasizing the need for development of other forms of therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- T Cells in the Pathogenesis of Systemic SclerosisChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2005..d. To identify Thl, Th2, suppressor, anergic and CTL T-cell clones from those developed above, on the basis of expression patterns of their genes, using DNA array technology. ..
- Regulating Neuroendocrine Phenotype in CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, these finding may permit development of components of raf-1 pathway as therapeutic targets in the treatment and palliation of NE tumors. ..
- Chemoprevention of IBD-Associated Colon CancerLaura P Hale; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will further elucidate mechanisms that can lead to novel interventions to prevent IBD-associated colon cancers, providing great benefit to IBD patients and their families. ..
- Bromelain Proteinase Activity in IBDLAURA HALE; Fiscal Year: 2006..They will thus strengthen the scientific knowledge base needed to inform the practice of complementary and alternative medicine. ..
- Massage Therapy for Breast Cancer-related LymphedemaMichael Bernas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROX 1 DURING MURINE CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will further define the mechanisms and pathways involved in vertebrate cell differentiation, and should help to understand the role of Prox1 during this process. ..
- IS AAA AN ANTIGEN-DRIVEN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE? 'COLLABORATChris Platsoucas; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- How Anthrax lethal factor kills activated macrophagesMichael Karin; Fiscal Year: 2003..anthracis and its host, this project should enable the design of new therapeutic strategies that will tilt the balance in favor of the host macrophage in the battle against B. anthracis and inhalation anthrax. ..
- Angiogenesis and Microcirculation Gordon ConferenceLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The conference will be held in Salve Regina University from August 10-15, 2003. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- THERAPEUTIC ANTIANGIOGENESISLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Signaling Pathways in Medullary Thyroid CancerHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Signaling Targets in GI Neuroendocrine TumorsHerbert Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The possibility that raf-l-mediated hormone suppression could be induced by a soluble factor would provide a plausible, therapeutic delivery method. ..
- Novel Oral Adjuvant for Dental VaccinesLAURA HALE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Bromelain as a Biologically-Based Therapy for IBDLAURA HALE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will thus strengthen the biomedical research knowledge base needed to inform the practice of complementary and alternative medicine. ..
- Improving Physician Adherence to Asthma GuidelinesGregory Diette; Fiscal Year: 2005..usual generalist care; and 3) How care should be organized for management of chronic diseases. ..
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- Regulation of Vascular Function by Progesterone ReceptorLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF THE HOMEOBOX SIX3 IN HOLOPROSENCEPHALY/CYCLOPIAGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Dissection of the Anti-tumor Immune ResponseErik Ranheim; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide a clearer picture of CD4+ and CD8+ T cell anti-tumor immunity and better direct efforts at tumor immunotherapy in human patients. ..
- How Anthrax lethal factor kills macrophagesMichael Karin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Interference with this activation process may be used to increase host resistance to bacterial infections, both with agents of bioterrorism and more common pathogens. ..
- SUPPRESSION OF VASCULAR GROWTHLuisa Iruela Arispe; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that results from these experiments will shed light into the biology of tumor growth and angiogenesis. ..
- THE FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF SIX2 IN KIDNEY TUBULOGENESISGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- International Congress on MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- Second International Workshop on Microsporidia from Vertebrate and Invertebrate HLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, the goal of this[unreadable] congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of[unreadable] scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- Microsporidiosis:A Therapeutic TargetLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Outcomes of Prolonged Mechanical VentilationShannon Carson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, these data will inform future cohort studies and randomized controlled trials designed to improve outcomes for this growing patient population. ..
- A Therapeutic Target for MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the approaches and methods developed in this R21 should also prove useful for studies on methionine aminopeptidases as therapeutic targets in other pathogenic protists. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOXOPLASMA ENCEPHALITIS IN AIDS: BRADYZOITE REGULATIONLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009....