- Metagenomic analysis of fever, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia syndrome (FTLS) in Henan Province, China: discovery of a new bunyavirus
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, China
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002369. 2011
Since 2007, many cases of fever, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia syndrome (FTLS) have emerged in Henan Province, China. Patient reports of tick bites suggested that infection could contribute to FTLS...
- Influences of thiopurine methyltransferase genotype and activity on thiopurine-induced leukopenia in Korean patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a retrospective cohort study
Jae Hak Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Goyang si, Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:e242-8. 2010
..to investigate the relative risk of the thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) and inosine triphosphate pyrophosphatase (ITPA) genotypes and TPMT activity for the development of leukopenia in Korean IBD patients during AZA/6-MP treatment.
- Preterm neonates show marked leukopenia and lymphopenia that are associated with increased regulatory T-cell values and diminished IL-7
Laboratorio de Inmunobiologia Molecular, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Pediatr Res 71:590-7. 2012
..However, the risk of neonatal death in preterm infants is much greater than in full-term neonates and is frequently associated with infections...
- Polymorphisms of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase gene and irinotecan toxicity: a pharmacogenetic analysis
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer Res 60:6921-6. 2000
Irinotecan unexpectedly causes severe toxicity of leukopenia or diarrhea. Irinotecan is metabolized to form active SN-38, which is further conjugated and detoxified by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A1 enzyme...
- Effect of a structurally modified human granulocyte colony stimulating factor, G-CSFa, on leukopenia in mice and monkeys
Fanzhou Biopharmagen Corporation, Suzhou, China
J Hematol Oncol 4:28. 2011
..Therefore, there is a need for the development of G-CSF derivatives that are more stable and active in vivo...
- Severe leukopenia and liver biochemistry changes in adult rabbits after calicivirus infection
P G Ferreira
Department of Anatomy, ICBAS Abel Salazar Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Porto, Largo Professor Abel Salazar, 2, Porto 4099 003, Portugal
Res Vet Sci 80:218-25. 2006
..No significant changes in blood parameters were observed in most of the rabbits up to 18 h of infection. Severe leukopenia was seen 6h before death of the infected rabbits; both heterophils and lymphocytes contributed to the decrease ..
- Analysis of leukopenia and anemia after gastric bypass surgery
Ramsey M Dallal
Department of Surgery, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 8:164-8. 2012
..Although anemia is a well-described complication after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) in association with iron deficiency, no studies have been published regarding changes in the white blood cell count...
- Prompt and successful toxin-targeting treatment of three patients with necrotizing pneumonia due to Staphylococcus aureus strains carrying the Panton-Valentine leukocidin genes
Universite de Lyon, INSERM U851, Faculté de médecine Lyon Est, 7 rue Guillaume Paradin, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
J Clin Microbiol 48:1952-5. 2010
..due to Panton-Valentine leukocidin-positive Staphylococcus aureus strains and with aggravating factors (leukopenia count of less than 3x10(9)/liter in all three cases and hemoptysis in two cases) were successfully treated with ..
- Autosomal dominant and sporadic monocytopenia with susceptibility to mycobacteria, fungi, papillomaviruses, and myelodysplasia
Donald C Vinh
Immunopathogenesis Section, Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 115:1519-29. 2010
..This novel clinical syndrome links susceptibility to mycobacterial, viral, and fungal infections with malignancy and can be transmitted in an autosomal dominant pattern...
- Detection of a novel bunyavirus associated with fever, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia syndrome in Henan Province, China, using real-time reverse transcription PCR
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, 450016, PR China
J Med Microbiol 62:1060-4. 2013
A novel bunyavirus associated with fever, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia syndrome (FTLS) was discovered in Henan Province, China...
- Responsiveness to G-CSF before leukopenia predicts defense to infection in high-dose chemotherapy recipients
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Blood 104:1989-94. 2004
..Notably, the result of testing G-CSF responsiveness was opportunely available before the onset of leukopenia, and G-CSF responsiveness was more informative than neutropenia duration regarding the risk of infection...
- Vitamins C and E prevent AZT-induced leukopenia and loss of cellularity in bone marrow. Studies in mice
Department of Anaesthesiology and Surgical Critical Care, Hospital Clinic University, Valencia, Spain
Free Radic Res 41:330-4. 2007
A major limitation in the use of AZT for AIDS treatment is the occurrence of side effects, such as leukopenia. The effects of antioxidant vitamins C and E on AZT-induced leukopenia were investigated in mice...
- Non-life-threatening leukopenia in a renal transplant recipient with acute overdose of mycophenolate mofetil
S W Wu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 40:3770-1. 2008
..Herein we have reported a 40-year-old female kidney recipient with moderate leukopenia and lack of gastrointestinal toxicity following ingestion of 25 g MMF, which was confirmed by serum drug levels...
- Evaluating the incidence of leukopenia and neutropenia with valproate, quetiapine, or the combination in children and adolescents
Dallas Metrocare Services, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:822-30. 2009
At the Austin State Hospital, Austin, TX, a number of cases of neutropenia and leukopenia have been observed in children and adolescents who were treated with the combination of valproate and quetiapine...
- The risk of amenorrhoea after adjuvant chemotherapy for early stage breast cancer is related to inter-individual variations in chemotherapy-induced leukocyte nadir in young patients: data from the randomised SBG 2000-1 study
The Fertility Clinic and Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 45:3198-204. 2009
..Amenorrhoea is a common side-effect to chemotherapy of premenopausal women. We examine the association between chemotherapy-induced leucopaenia and the development of amenorrhoea in premenopausal women with breast cancer...
- Cordyceps sinensis health supplement enhances recovery from taxol-induced leukopenia
Wei Chung Liu
The Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, 101 Sec 2, Kuang Fu Road, Hsinchu 30013, Taiwan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:447-55. 2008
..In summary, CS enhances recovery of mice from leukopenia caused by Taxol treatment...
- Reduction of leukopenia in mice by "viscum album" administration during radiation and chemotherapy
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar Thrissur, Kerala, India
Tumori 79:74-6. 1993
..The results indicated that treatment with "Viscum album" extract reduces lymphocytopenia and hence could be used along with chemotherapy and radiation therapy...
- Leukopenia as a risk factor for osteonecrosis of the jaw in metastatic prostate cancer treated using zoledronic acid and docetaxel
Department of Urology, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
BJU Int 110:E520-5. 2012
..This study shows that the combination therapy of ZA and TAX increases the risk of ONJ and that tooth extraction and leukopenia induced by TAX are the risk factors.
- Mutations in the G6PC3 gene cause Dursun syndrome
Genetic Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre MAHSC, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Am J Med Genet A 152:2609-11. 2010
..We propose that Dursun syndrome should now be considered as a subset of severe congenital neutropenia type 4 with pulmonary hypertension as an important clinical feature...
- Familial pulmonary arterial hypertension, leucopenia, and atrial septal defect: a probable new familial syndrome with multisystem involvement
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Metabolism and Nutrition Unit, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Dysmorphol 18:19-23. 2009
..Investigations revealed a bone morphogenetic protein receptor 2 polymorphism in intron 4 in only one sibling, which was also present in unaffected maternal relatives...
- Omeprazole-induced leukopenia. A case report
Laboratoire de Pharmacie Clinique, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Lille, France
J Clin Pharm Ther 24:317-21. 1999
..However, the drug has been associated with serious adverse reactions, including haemolytic anaemia and acute interstitial nephritis. More recently, an autoimmune syndrome induced by omeprazole has been described...
- [Effect of Shuanghuang Shengbai granule on radiotherapy or chemotherapy induced leukopenia in mice]
Yun Hui Shen
Department of Pharmacology, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Madicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1275-9. 2005
To observe the effect of Shuanghuang Shengbai granule on mice leukopenia induced by ip cyclophosphamide (CTX) or radiation.
- Low insulin-like growth factor I and leukopenia in anorexia nervosa
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Int J Eat Disord 41:355-9. 2008
Considering that leukopenia and anemia are commonly observed in anorexia nervosa (AN) and that growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) markedly influence the activation, growth and survival of hemopoietic cells, we ..
- Hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase activity is related to 6-thioguanine nucleotide concentrations and thiopurine-induced leukopenia in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:63-73. 2012
..This study investigated the effects of TPMT and hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyltransferase (HPRT) activities on 6-thioguanine nucleotides (6-TGNs) concentrations and thiopurine-induced leukopenia in patients with IBD.
- Pharmacokinetics of acyclovir in immunocompromized children with leukopenia and mucositis after chemotherapy: can intravenous acyclovir be substituted by oral valacyclovir?
Karolinska Pharmacy, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:240-6. 2002
..The aim of the present study was to compare the pharmacokinetics of acyclovir after intravenous administration and after oral administration of valacyclovir...
- Fever of unknown origin in febrile leukopenia
University General Hospital Attikon, Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, 1 Rimini Street, 12462 Athens, Greece
Infect Dis Clin North Am 21:1055-90, x. 2007
..The need for targeted antimicrobial or antifungal prophylaxis and supportive strategies like the use of growth factors awaits further clarification...
- Dose-tailoring of FEC adjuvant chemotherapy based on leukopenia is feasible and well tolerated. Toxicity and dose intensity in the Scandinavian Breast Group phase 3 adjuvant Trial SBG 2000-1
Department of Oncology, Gavle Hospital, Sweden
Acta Oncol 50:329-37. 2011
..The study has included 1535 women with medium and high-risk breast cancer...
- Acupuncture for chemotherapy-induced leukopenia: exploratory meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Leonard P Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:1-10. 2007
Chemotherapy-induced leukopenia and neutropenia are common side effects during cancer treatment. Acupuncture has been reported as an adjunct therapy for this complication...
- Association of clinical complications with nutritional status and the prevalence of leukopenia among arsenic patients in Bangladesh
Laila N Islam
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Int J Environ Res Public Health 1:74-82. 2004
..in Bangladesh reports the relationship of clinical complications with nutritional status and the prevalence of leukopenia among arsenic exposed patients living in the rural villages...
- Post-marketing surveillance (PMS) of all patients treated with irinotecan in Japan: clinical experience and ADR profile of 13,935 patients
Jun Ichi Tadokoro
Yakult Honsha Co, Ltd, 4F Ginza Kobiki Bldg, 16 21, Ginza 7 Chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0061, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:1101-11. 2011
..The actual condition of drug utilization and the adverse drug reactions profile of irinotecan hydrochloride hydrate (irinotecan), an antitumor drug, were examined on the basis of all the case survey results from April 1995 to January 2000...
- Trabectedin plus pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin in recurrent ovarian cancer
Bradley J Monk
University of California at Irvine UCI and UCI Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868 3298, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3107-14. 2010
- Leukopenia complicates cytomegalovirus prevention after renal transplantation with alemtuzumab induction
Jennifer K Walker
1 Department of Pharmacy, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Transplantation 83:874-82. 2007
..Valganciclovir (VGCV) is commonly utilized for CMV prophylaxis but can cause leukopenia, with risk compounded by the use of myelosuppressive immunosuppression...
- Do cancer patients with chemotherapy-induced leukopenia benefit from an antiseptic chlorhexidine-based oral rinse? A double-blind, block-randomized, controlled study
F A Pitten
Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, University of Greifswald, Germany
J Hosp Infect 53:283-91. 2003
..Patients were asked to rinse three times a day for 30s from the beginning of chemotherapy until the end of leukopenia. Before rinsing, as well as during and after leukopenia, aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in the oral cavity were ..
- Carcinoma of unknown primary site
F A Greco
Sarah Cannon Minnie Pearl Cancer Center, Centennial Medical Center, Nashville, TN 36203, USA
Cancer 89:2655-60. 2000
- Treatment of chemotherapy-induced leukopenia in a rat model with aqueous extract from Uncaria tomentosa
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Lund, Sweden
Phytomedicine 7:137-43. 2000
..In this study, the effect of C-Med-100 in the treatment of chemically induced leukopenia was evaluated in a rat model. W/Fu rats were treated first with doxorubicin (DXR) 2 mg/kg x 3 (i.p...
- Leukopenia in kidney transplant patients with the association of valganciclovir and mycophenolate mofetil
Department of Transplantation, Hospital Curry Cabral, Lisbon, Portugal
Transplant Proc 40:752-4. 2008
..Valganciclovir (VGC) is established for prophylaxis and treatment of CMV infections, but leukopenia which appears in 10% to 13% (severe in 4.9%) is the principal side effect...
- Possible leukopenia associated with long-term use of echinacea
David Eric Kemp
Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Rootstown, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 15:417-9. 2002
- Monitoring mycophenolic acid pharmacokinetic parameters in liver transplant recipients: prediction of occurrence of leukopenia
Center of Organ Transplantation, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Liver Transpl 14:1165-73. 2008
..Forty-two patients (66.7%) had 52 episodes of MMF-related side effects, including leukopenia, diarrhea, and infection...
- Preventive and therapeutic effects of gene therapy using silica nanoparticles-binding of GM-CSF gene on white blood cell production in dogs with leukopenia
Eun Wha Choi
KRF Zoonotic Disease Priority Research Institute, Research Institute of Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Exp Hematol 36:1091-7. 2008
..Therefore, this study was conducted to determine whether treatment of canine GM-CSF gene/silica nanoparticles has preventive or therapeutic effects in dogs with leukopenia.
- KF24345, an adenosine uptake inhibitor, suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha production and leukopenia via endogenous adenosine in mice
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 300:200-5. 2002
..effects of KF24345 on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) production and leukopenia in mice. KF24345 (10 mg/kg p.o...
- Weight loss, leukopenia and thrombocytopenia associated with sustained virologic response to Hepatitis C treatment
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Int J Med Sci 7:36-42. 2010
..To identify apparent adverse effects of treatment of chronic hepatitis C and their relationship to sustained virologic response (SVR)...
- [Multi-central clinical evaluation of ginger-partitioned moxibustion for treatment of leukopenia induced by chemotherapy]
Xi xin Zhao
The Third Affiliated Hospital, College of TCM of Henan, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:715-20. 2007
To prove the therapeutic effect of ginger-partitioned moxibustion on leukopenia induced by chemotherapy and effect on life quality of the patient with tumor after chemotherapy.
- Pathogenesis of pneumococcal pneumonia in cyclophosphamide-induced leukopenia in mice
Infectious Diseases Research Center, Laval University, Quebec City, Canada G1V 4G2
Infect Immun 70:4226-38. 2002
..Compared to the immunocompetent state, cyclophosphamide-induced leukopenia did not hamper interleukin-1 (IL-1), IL-6, macrophage inflammatory protein-1 (MIP-1), MIP-2, and monocyte ..
- [Leukopenia due to anti-tuberculous chemotherapy including rifampicin and isoniazid]
Division of Respiratory Disease, National Organization Tokyo Hospital, 3 1 1, Takeoka, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8585, Japan
Kekkaku 79:341-8. 2004
To examine the incidence rate by age and gender of leukopenia caused by chemotherapy including rifampicin (RFP) and isoniazid (INH), and to study the relationships between the leukopenia and the hepatic side effect or other haematological ..
- Leukopenia and thrombocytopenia caused by thiazolidinediones
Ann Intern Med 143:465-6. 2005
- Indirect-response model for the time course of leukopenia with anticancer drugs
National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Clin Pharmacol Ther 64:511-21. 1998
Because both the nadir count and the duration of leukopenia after chemotherapy with anticancer drugs are important, a pharmacodynamic model describing the entire time course of leukopenia is valuable...
- Definitive chemoradiotherapy for patients with malignant stricture due to T3 or T4 squamous cell carcinoma of the oesophagus
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8, Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Br J Cancer 88:18-24. 2003
..The efficacy and survival of patients treated with this regimen are related to the T factor...
- Leucocyte nadir as a marker for chemotherapy efficacy in node-positive breast cancer treated with adjuvant CMF
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Br J Cancer 80:1763-6. 1999
..A low leucocyte nadir during the adjuvant CMF chemotherapy is associated with favourable DDFS and it may be a useful biological marker for chemotherapy efficacy...
- Prolonged remission of severe Crohn's disease after fever and leukopenia caused by 6-mercaptopurine
Efrat Z Lobel
Section of Gastroenterology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:336-8. 2004
- Functional characterization of T lymphocytes derived from patients with acute myelogenous leukemia and chemotherapy-induced leukopenia
Division for Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, Norway
Cancer Immunol Immunother 53:740-7. 2004
..3H-thymidine incorporation) of circulating T cells from AML patients with severe treatment-induced leukopenia, i.e., peripheral blood leukocyte counts < 0.5x10(9)/l...
- Surgical resection deteriorates gemcitabine-induced leukopenia in pancreatic cancer
Department of Pharmacy, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 9:174-8. 2004
..one of the most effective chemotherapeutic agents for pancreatic cancer; however, factors affecting GEM-induced leukopenia have not been clarified yet...
- Is leukopenia associated with divalproex and/or quetiapine?
Psychosomatics 46:188-9. 2005
- The usefulness of distal splenorenal shunt in children with portal hypertension for the treatment of severe thrombocytopenia and leukopenia
Suk Bae Moon
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, Seoul, Korea
World J Surg 32:483-7. 2008
..We reviewed the outcome of the use of DSRS in children to determine the usefulness of this operation...
- Changes in white blood cells and platelets in children with falciparum malaria: relationship to disease outcome
Centre for Geographical Medicine Research Coast, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kilifi, Kenya
Br J Haematol 119:839-47. 2002
..Thus, leucocytosis was associated with both severity and mortality in children with falciparum malaria, irrespective of bacteraemia, whereas thrombocytopenia, although very common, was not associated with adverse outcome...
- Colchicine-induced leukopenia in a patient with familial Mediterranean fever: the cause and a possible approach
Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, POB12000, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:S38-40. 2003
A young patient with familial Mediterranean fever (FMF) developed leukopenia each time she took colchicine. However, when she discontinued the drug the white cell and the platelets counts increased but she experienced FMF attacks...
- Reversal of chemotherapy-induced leukopenia using granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor promotes bone metastasis that can be blocked with osteoclast inhibitors
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 8940, USA
Cancer Res 70:5014-23. 2010
Hematopoietic growth factors are used to reverse chemotherapy-induced leukopenia. However, some factors such as granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) induce osteoclast-mediated bone resorption that can promote cancer ..
- Immunomodulatory effects of moxifloxacin in comparison to ciprofloxacin and G-CSF in a murine model of cyclophosphamide-induced leukopenia
Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Eur J Haematol 66:287-96. 2001
..The effect was compared to that of G-CSF. Cyclophosphamide injection induced a severe leukopenia, with nadir at day 4 post-injection...
- Psychotropic medications and leukopenia
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Curr Drug Targets 7:1191-4. 2006
..Blood cell count monitoring is encouraged on patients receiving clozapine as long as the drug is continued. Such evaluation is also advised on those medicated with other psychotropics, especially carbamazepine...
- Incidence of neoplasms in patients who develop sustained leukopenia during or after treatment with 6-mercaptopurine for inflammatory bowel disease
Department of Gastroenterology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:1025-9. 2006
..We have observed the occurrence of some neoplasms in IBD patients who developed sustained leukopenia as a result of treatment with 6-MP...
- Incidence and temporal pattern of anorexia, diarrhea, weight loss, and leukopenia in patients with cervical cancer treated with concurrent radiation therapy and weekly cisplatin: comparison with radiation therapy alone
Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 103:94-9. 2006
To investigate the temporal patterns of anorexia, diarrhea, weight loss, and leukopenia in chemoradiation therapy (CRT) for cervical cancer compared with radiation therapy (RT) alone.
- Hematological side-effect profiles of individualized chemotherapy regimen for recurrent ovarian cancer
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 14:341-6. 2003
..Generally, severe myelosuppression was rare. The highest incidence of leukopenia was seen in regimens with mitoxantrone/paclitaxel or gemcitabine/treosulfan, respectively...
- Clopidogrel-associated leukopenia
Michelle W McCarthy
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0674, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:216-9. 2003
To report a case of leukopenia in a patient receiving clopidogrel following intracoronary stent placement.
- Vitamin E but not St. John's wort mitigates leukopenia caused by cancer chemotherapy in rats
Richard F Branda
Vermont Cancer Center, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Transl Res 148:315-24. 2006
..St. John's wort had neither a beneficial nor a detrimental effect on chemotherapy-induced toxicity...
- Clozapine-induced leukopenia successfully treated with lithium
Eric C Kutscher
College of Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, Sioux Falls, SD 57110, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:2027-31. 2007
A case of clozapine-induced leukopenia successfully treated with lithium is reported.
- Blunted cytopenias and weight loss: new correlates of virologic null response to re-treatment of chronic hepatitis C
Karen L Lindsay
Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:234-41. 2008
..Although viral kinetic profiles in treatment responders shed light on the mechanism of action of interferon and ribavirin, minimal information is available to explain why some patients experience little or no virologic suppression...
- Protective effects of leukopenia and tissue plasminogen activator in microvascular ischemia-reperfusion injury
Consiglio Nazionale delle Richerche Institute of Clinical Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Pisa, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H755-61. 2000
..In conclusion, thrombus formation may be an additional and independent factor that with leukocyte-mediated mechanisms determines ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in SLCO1B3 and ABCC2 with docetaxel-induced leukopenia
Laboratory for Pharmacogenetics, SNP Research Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:967-72. 2008
..To identify a genetic factor(s) determining the risk of docetaxel-induced leukopenia/neutropenia, we selected subjects who received docetaxel chemotherapy from samples recruited at BioBank Japan, ..
- Low serum C3, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia: unusual features of henoch-schonlein purpura
Nephrology Clinic and Dialysis Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Eur J Pediatr 158:906-9. 1999
..a patient with a severe form of HSP nephritis who had unusual laboratory findings of a low level of C3, mild leukopenia and thrombocytopenia...
- Carboplatin-paclitaxel-induced leukopenia and neuropathy predict progression-free survival in recurrent ovarian cancer
C K Lee
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Locked Bag 77, Camperdown, NSW 1450, Australia
Br J Cancer 105:360-5. 2011
We assess the prognostic value of chemotherapy-induced leukopenia and sensory neuropathy in the CALYPSO trial patients treated with carboplatin-paclitaxel (CP) or carboplatin-liposomal doxorubicin (CPLD).
- Pharmacodynamic modeling of the entire time course of leukopenia after a 3-hour infusion of paclitaxel
National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa 277 8577, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 92:231-8. 2001
The entire time course of leukopenia after anticancer treatment is clinically more relevant than a singly measured nadir count...
- Trovafloxacin-associated leukopenia
F A Mitropoulos
Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT, USA
Ann Pharmacother 35:41-4. 2001
OBJECTIVE: To report a case of trovafloxacin-associated leukopenia, which occurred in a trauma patient shortly after administration and resolved following discontinuation of the drug...
- Phase II study of carboplatin-paclitaxel combination chemotherapy in elderly patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:188-94. 2005
..The efficacy and safety of carboplatin-paclitaxel combination chemotherapy in elderly patients with advanced NSCLC were evaluated in a phase II trial...
- [Clinical administration of oxaliplatin for patients previously treated for refractory advanced or recurrent colorectal cancer]
Center for Digestive Diseases, Dept of Medical Oncology, Tonan Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:49-54. 2006
..It is useful to combine L-OHP with high-dose continuous administration of 5-FU,namely FOLFOX regimens.FOLFOX 6 is the most useful of the FOLFOX regimens because it is simple and can be administered on an outpatient basis...
- A phase II study of docetaxel and cisplatin in patients with gastric cancer recurring after or progressing during 5-FU/platinum treatment
Department of Medicine, Ulsan University Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Dong Gu, Ulsan 682 714, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:727-32. 2005
..We evaluated the feasibility of DP treatment in patients with recurring or metastatic gastric cancer who had been previously treated with other chemotherapy regimens...
- Association between bone marrow dosimetric parameters and acute hematologic toxicity in anal cancer patients treated with concurrent chemotherapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapy
Loren K Mell
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago and University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1431-7. 2008
- Capecitabine in combination with docetaxel and mitomycin C in patients with pre-treated tumours: results of an extended phase-I trial
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim 68167, Germany
Br J Cancer 97:1475-9. 2007
..The established regimen was well tolerated and the preliminary efficacy data in this heavily pre-treated patients population appears to be promising...
- Evaluation of toxicities induced by chemotherapy in breast cancer patients
Department of Biochemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Biomed Pharmacother 59:524-7. 2005
- The impact of dose per cycle of etoposide and cisplatin on outcomes in patients with extensive small-cell lung cancer
Harvey B Niell
Veterans Administration Medical Center, University of Tennessee Cancer Institute, Memphis, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 5:299-302. 2004
..Variations in the administration of this regimen had no impact on outcomes in patients with extensive SCLC...
- [Clinical study of topotecan and cisplatin as first line chemotherapy in epithelial ovarian cancer]
Li Hua Meng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:683-7. 2007
..To evaluate efficacy and toxicity of topotecan and cisplatin (TP) as first line chemotherapy in epithelial ovarian cancer, and its effect on prognosis of the patients...
- A phase II study of paclitaxel plus cisplatin chemotherapy in an unfavourable group of patients with cancer of unknown primary site
Yeon Hee Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:681-5. 2004
..Efficacy was evaluated in terms of response rate, progression-free survival and overall survival...
- [Comparision of high dose impulsion and low dose density chemotherapeutic regimens with paclitaxel plus cisplatin in advanced NSCLC]
Xin min Hua
Department of Thorathic Surgery, Jilin Province Cancer Hospital, Changchun 130012, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 26:621-5. 2004
..To explore high effective and low toxic chemotherapeutic regimens in the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase I pharmacokinetic, food effect, and pharmacogenetic study of oral irinotecan given as semisolid matrix capsules in patients with solid tumors
Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 11:1504-11. 2005
..To characterize the maximum-tolerated dose, recommended dose, dose-limiting toxicities (DLT), pharmacokinetic profile, and food effect of orally administered irinotecan formulated as new semisolid matrix capsules...
- [Cisplatin schedule in combination with gemcitabine in unresectable non-small cell lung cancer]
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Shiga Medical Center for Adults
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 32:69-71. 2005
..Grade 3 leukopenia was 22%, and grade 3 neutropenia was 11%. No grade 4 hematological toxicities were observed...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin combination chemotherapy in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma as second-line treatment: report of four cases
Myung Ah Lee
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Medical College, Seoul, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:547-50. 2004
..We investigated the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of gemcitabine and cisplatin as second-line chemotherapy in four patients with advanced, progressive intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma...
- Phase I study of S-1 and biweekly docetaxel combination chemotherapy for advanced and recurrent gastric cancer
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:849-54. 2006
..The dose limiting toxicity of a combination of S-1 and biweekly DOC was leukopenia and neutropenia. The recommended dose for this combination in phase II study is DOC 35 mg/m2/day.
- Docetaxel and cisplatin as second-line chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer
Dept of Integrated Medicine and Informatics, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Ehime
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:1235-9. 2007
..Docetaxel and cisplatin are both active against non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). This pilot study evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of docetaxel and cisplatin as second-line chemotherapy for patients with advanced NSCLC...
- [Concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) with S-1 and cisplatin (CDDP) in patients (pts) with locally advanced head and neck cancer (HNC)]
Division of Endoscopy and GI Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:167-71. 2006
..The Japan Clinical Oncology Group (JCOG) is planning a multicenter phase II study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy with S-1 and CDDP for locally advanced unresectable HNC...
- Induction chemotherapy, extrapleural pneumonectomy (EPP) and adjuvant hemi-thoracic radiation in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM): Feasibility and results
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Padua, Policlinico di Padova, Italy
Lung Cancer 57:89-95. 2007
..Trimodality therapy results have led us to test induction chemotherapy followed by EPP and adjuvant radiotherapy in stages I-III of MPM. The aim of our study was to evaluate the feasibility of this protocol and to estimate survival...
- [Preoperative chemotherapy with S-1 and low-dose cisplatin for oral squamous cell carcinoma]
Second Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Osaka University, Faculty of Dentistry, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:184-8. 2006
..4%, anorexia 27.3%, neutropenia 25% and leukopenia 25%. Grade 3 and 4 adverse events were neutropenia 11.4%, leukopenia 9.1%, thrombocytopenia 4...
- Addition of topotecan to standard cisplatin/etoposide combination in patients with extended stage small cell lung carcinoma
Institute of Oncology, Istanbul University, Turkey
Lung Cancer 57:79-83. 2007
..This study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a triplet combination with topotecan added to the standard PE regimen in previously untreated patients with ED-SCLC...
- Docetaxel/gemcitabine or cisplatin/gemcitabine followed by docetaxel in the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): results of a multicentre randomized phase II trial
Medizinische Klinik m S Infektiologie und Pneumologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 60:143-50. 2007
..We therefore conducted a multicentre, prospectively randomized study that evaluates a sequential three-drug schedule and a platinum-free doublet regimen...
- Analysis of efficacy and toxicity of chemotherapy with cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil, methotrexate and leucovorin (PFML) and radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck
Department of Otolaryngology, Yokohama City Minato Red Cross Hospital, and Yokohama City University Medical Center, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:789-94. 2007
- [Nedaplatin (NDP)-combination therapy (NDP/5-FU,NDP/S-1) for oral cancer]
Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Medicine, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 34:713-7. 2007
..The present study evaluated the efficacy and safety of nedaplatin-combination therapy (NDP/5-FU [5-FU arm] or NDP/S-1 [S-1 arm] ) for the treatment of oral squamous cell carcinoma...
- [Docetaxel combined with cisplatin in the treatment of anthracycline-resistant advanced breast cancer]
Bing He Xu
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:471-3. 2006
..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of combination chemotherapy of Docetaxel (Taxotere, TXT) combined with cisplatin (DDP) for anthracycline (ANT)-resistant advanced breast cancer (ABC)...
- [Irinotecan plus oral S-1 in patients with advanced colorectal cancer--biweekly IRIS regimen]
Third Dept of Internal Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:131-4. 2006
..Combination therapy with CPT-11 and S-1 achieved a high response rate and could be given safely. These findings suggest that the therapy has potential as first-line treatment for inoperable advanced recurrent colorectal cancer...
- [S-1 as a single agent for colorectal cancer]
Dept of Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:121-4. 2006
..S-1 with molecular targeting drugs will also be studied. Therefore, S-1 is expected to play an important part in chemotherapy for colorectal cancer...
- A pharmacokinetic interaction study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus or minus 5-fluorouracil in the treatment of patients with recurrent or metastatic solid tumors
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Center Daniel Den Hoed, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:673-80. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to look at the pharmacokinetics of docetaxel, cisplatin-derived platinum and 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), when used in combination, to exclude potential clinically relevant pharmacokinetic interactions...
- Phase I/II trial of biweekly docetaxel and cisplatin with concurrent thoracic radiation for stage III non-small-cell lung cancer
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, 602, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:735-41. 2006
..Our objectives were to define the maximum-tolerated dose and dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) in the phase I study, and to determine the response rate, toxicity, and survival rate at the recommended dose (RD) in the phase II study...
- [A case of adenocarcinoma of the lung significantly responding to TS-1 plus cisplatin combination chemotherapy]
Dept of Thoracic Oncology, National Kyushu Cancer Center
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:501-3. 2006
..0). Grade 2 leukopenia and neutropenia were observed, and non-hematologic toxicities were also mild...
- Adverse events of MVAC chemotherapy in patients with advanced urothelial cancer of the bladder
The Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:213-9. 2007
..Grade 3 or 4 neutropenia was seen in 60-75% of patients. Grade 3 or 4 leukopenia and/or neutropenia in the first course of the chemotherapy was associated with patients with impaired renal ..
- Repetitive short-course hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with high-dose 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma
Jun Yong Park
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cancer 110:129-37. 2007
..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of repetitive HAIC with high-dose 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and cisplatin given for 3 days in patients with advanced HCC...