Genomes and Genes
Summary: Three or more consecutive spontaneous abortions.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Recurrent pregnancy loss and its relation to FV Leiden, FII G20210A and polymorphisms of plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitorCornelia E Wolf
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 33:134-7. 2003..9/49 women with RPL showed coagulation disorders with heterozygous FV Leiden mutation (5), FXII (1), protein C (1) or protein S (2) deficiency. However, due to the small number of patients studied, no definite conclusion can be drawn...
- Thrombophilia and pregnancy lossLesley Regan
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Mint Wing, South Wharf Road, London W2 1NY, UK
J Reprod Immunol 55:163-80. 2002....
- Autoimmune factors in assisted reproductionW H Kutteh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Minerva Ginecol 54:217-24. 2002..Other autoimmune factors are under investigation as markers of in vitro fertilization failure. Limited data from treatment trials are presented...
- Antithrombotic prophylaxis for women with thrombophilia and pregnancy complications--NoS Middeldorp
Academic Medical Center, Department of Vascular Medicine, F4 277, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 1:2073-4. 2003
- Metformin hydrochloride and recurrent miscarriage in a woman with polycystic ovary syndromeStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Italy
Fertil Steril 85:1511.e3-5. 2006..To report the effect of metformin treatment on a patient with recurrent miscarriage (RM) and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Recurrent miscarriageRaj Rai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College London, Mint Wing, South Wharf Road, London W2 1PG, UK
Lancet 368:601-11. 2006....
- Inhibin A and activin A may be used to predict pregnancy outcome in women with recurrent miscarriageAlka Prakash
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Sheffield, Jessop Wing, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 83:1758-63. 2005..To look at the role of inhibin and activin in predicting pregnancy outcome in patients with history of recurrent miscarriage...
- [Study on changes of serum T helper cell type 1 and 2 cytokines after active immunotherapy in women with unexplained habitual abortion]L Qiu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital of Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200001, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 36:408-10. 2001..the changes of serum T helper cell (TH)1/TH2 type cytokines after the active immunotherapy in unexplained habitual abortion (UHA) women...
- [Assessment of five thrombophilic genetic polymorphisms among couples with habitual abortion]Antonio Quintero-Ramos
Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente IMSS, CUCS, Universidad de Guadalajara, Secretaria de Salud, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 142:95-8. 2006..study we attempted to evaluate the possible association between thrombophilic genetic polymorphisms and habitual abortion (HA). Samples from two groups of volunteers were analyzed...
- Recurrent miscarriage: aetiology, management and prognosisT C Li
Biomedical Research Unit, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield, UK
Hum Reprod Update 8:463-81. 2002..A large number of studies has recently been published, yet many of them have conflicting conclusions. The various aetiological factors, management, prognostic features and outcomes of a subsequent pregnancy in women with RM are reviewed...
- Recurrent miscarriage: pathophysiology and outcomeBelinda Carrington
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College, St Mary s Campus, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:591-7. 2005..This article reviews new concepts in the aetiology of recurrent miscarriage, presents new outcome data and evaluates new modalities of treatment for unexplained recurrent miscarriage...
- Natural killer cells in pregnancy and recurrent pregnancy loss: endocrine and immunologic perspectivesChrysoula Dosiou
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Endocr Rev 26:44-62. 2005....
- Prevalence of uterine defects in habitual abortion patients attended on at a university health service in BrazilHélio Antonio Guimarães Filho
Obstetrics Department, São Paulo s Federal University, UNIFESP EPM, Reinaldo Tavares de Melo Street, 142 901, Manaíra, Joao Pessoa, CEP 58038 300, PB, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:345-8. 2006..Assessment of the prevalence and types of uterine defects in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) through hysteroscopy (HTC)...
- Skewed X-chromosome inactivation is associated with trisomy in women ascertained on the basis of recurrent spontaneous abortion or chromosomally abnormal pregnanciesC L Beever
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 72:399-407. 2003..We hypothesize that the association between skewed XCI and trisomic pregnancies is produced by a common mechanism that underlies both and that involves a reduction of the size of the follicular pool...
- Leukocyte activation in the decidua of chromosomally normal and abnormal fetuses from women with recurrent abortionK C Quack
Fearing Laboratory and The Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston 02115, USA
Hum Reprod 16:949-55. 2001....
- Prevalence of circulating procoagulant microparticles in women with recurrent miscarriage: a case-controlled studyHoward Carp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hum Reprod 19:191-5. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine the prevalence of circulating microparticles in women with recurrent pregnancy loss...
- Prednisolone reduces preconceptual endometrial natural killer cells in women with recurrent miscarriageSiobhan Quenby
School of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 84:980-4. 2005..To test the hypothesis that high numbers of uterine natural killer (uNK) cells in the endometrium of women with recurrent miscarriage (RM) could be reduced with prednisolone...
- Successful pregnancy outcome following 19 consecutive miscarriages: case reportSiobhan Quenby
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Immunology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2562-4. 2003..This case report describes a patient in whom an excessive number of uterine NK cells were found. She received preconceptual prednisolone and delivered a live baby. This is a novel observation of untested significance...
- Distributions of endometrial NK cells, B cells, T cells, and Th2/Tc2 cells fail to predict pregnancy outcome following recurrent abortionToshihiko Michimata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 47:196-202. 2002..To evaluate the ability of immunophenotypes of endometrial leukocytes from patients with histories of recurrent abortion to predict outcome of subsequent pregnancy...
- No difference in natural killer or natural killer T-cell population, but aberrant T-helper cell population in the endometrium of women with repeated miscarriageShigeki Shimada
Deartment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Hum Reprod 19:1018-24. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the natural killer (NK) cell and natural killer T (NKT) cell populations and cytokine expression of T-helper (Th) cells in the endometrium of women who suffered from unexplained repeated miscarriage (RM)...
- Endometrial progesterone and estradiol receptors in patients with recurrent early pregnancy loss of unknown etiology--preliminary reportS Carranza-Lira
Gynecologic Endocrinology Service, Hospital de Ginecologia y Obstetricia Luis Castelazo Ayala, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico DF
Med Sci Monit 6:759-62. 2000..The objective of this work was to evaluate the PR and ER levels in the endometrium of patients with recurrent early pregnancy loss, and to compare them with those of patients with proven fertility...
- Preferential X-chromosome inactivation in women with idiopathic recurrent pregnancy lossS Uehara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Fertil Steril 76:908-14. 2001..To determine whether preferential X-chromosome inactivation (P-XCI) relates to idiopathic recurrent pregnancy loss...
- Markers of endometrial function in women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss: a comparison between morphologically normal and retarded endometriumE Tuckerman
Biomedical Research Unit, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 19:196-205. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine if any of these molecules or cells could be used to distinguish LPD from in-phase endometrium...
- A comparative study of glycodelin concentrations in uterine flushings in women with subseptate uteri, history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage and healthy controlsR Salim
The Early Pregnancy and Gynaecology Assessment Unit, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:76-80. 2007..To compare the concentration of glycodelin in uterine flushing at the implantation window obtained from women with subseptate uteri, women with a history of recurrent first trimester miscarriage and fertile controls...
- Association of progesterone receptor polymorphism with recurrent abortionsAndreas Schweikert
Division of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Universitätsstrasse 21 23, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:67-72. 2004..The current study sought for polymorphisms within the progesterone receptor (PR) gene. Allele and genotype frequencies of patients with repeated abortions were compared to a control group...
- Increased prevalence of insulin resistance in women with a history of recurrent pregnancy lossLaTasha B Craig
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis 38163, USA
Fertil Steril 78:487-90. 2002..To determine whether insulin resistance is associated with recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL)...
- A novel X chromosome-linked genetic cause of recurrent spontaneous abortionM C Lanasa
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:563-8. 2001..Identification of such female carriers is important for the reproductive counseling and treatment of these women...
- Serum relaxin levels are reduced in pregnant women with a history of recurrent miscarriage, and correlate with maternal uterine artery Doppler indices in first trimesterDilly O C Anumba
Section of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 147:41-5. 2009..Defective implantation is a mechanism for recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL). We sought to determine whether the serum expression of human relaxin-2 (RLX) is impaired in women with a history of RPL...
- Leptin and leptin-binding activity in women with recurrent miscarriage: correlation with pregnancy outcomeS M Laird
Division of Biomedical Sciences Biomedical Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus, Sheffield S1 1WB, UK
Hum Reprod 16:2008-13. 2001..Recurrent miscarriage may be a result of abnormal placental and/or fetal development and therefore abnormal leptin levels may be associated with this form of pregnancy loss...
- Progestagen therapy for recurrent miscarriageJulia Szekeres-Bartho
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Medical School, Pecs University, H 7643 Pecs, Hungary
Hum Reprod Update 14:27-35. 2008..In approximately 50% of the cases neither of the above can be identified. We aimed at examining the evidence on the role of progesterone in the pathophysiology of RM, and the clinical evidence on effectiveness of progestogen treatment...
- Factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A and antibodies against phospholipids in recurrent spontaneous abortionN Mtiraoui
J Thromb Haemost 2:1482-4. 2004
- Variations in the thrombomodulin and endothelial protein C receptor genes in couples with recurrent miscarriageM Kaare
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hum Reprod 22:864-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether variations in the human TM or EPCR genes are associated with an increased risk for RM...
- Altered phenotype of HLA-G expressing trophoblast and decidual natural killer cells in pathological pregnanciesPeter M Emmer
Department of Blood Transfusion and Transplantation Immunology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 17:1072-80. 2002..Consequently, a disturbed interaction during the first trimester of pregnancy might well lead to a subsequent pregnancy failure...
- Obstetric and neonatal outcome in women with a history of recurrent miscarriage: a cohort studyS Jivraj
Jessop Hospital for Women and Division of Biomedical Sciences, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK
Hum Reprod 16:102-106. 2001..Patients with recurrent miscarriage represent a population at high risk of obstetric problems and close surveillance in the antenatal period is therefore required...
- Insulin resistance in women with recurrent spontaneous miscarriage of unknown aetiologyMichael Diejomaoh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 16:114-8. 2007..The objective of this study was to explore the role of insulin resistance in women with recurrent spontaneous miscarriage (RSM). Patients with > or =3 consecutive spontaneous miscarriages were classified as having RSM...
- Antiphospholipid antibodiesDouglas A Triplett
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 1:726-30. 2003..In addition, the currently available methods for laboratory identification of lupus anticoagulants are discussed, as is the laboratory diagnosis of anticardiolipin antibodies...
- [Prothrombotic gene mutations in women with recurrent abortions and intrauterine fetal death]R Santoro
Centro di Riferimento Regionale per la Patologia Emorragica e Trombotica Ereditaria, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 57:447-50. 2005..The aim of our study was to investigate the prevalence of these molecular defects in subjects with history of unexplained pregnancy loss...
- Antithrombotic prophylaxis for women with thrombophilia and pregnancy complications--YesB Brenner
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Department of Hematology, Rambam Medial Center and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, PO Box 9602, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Thromb Haemost 1:2070-2. 2003
- [Treatment outcome in women suffering from recurrent miscarriages and antiphospholipid syndrome]Andrzej Malinowski
Kliniki Ginekologii Operacyjnej i Endoskopowej Instytutu Centrum Zdrowia Matki Polki w Łodzi
Ginekol Pol 74:1213-22. 2003..To evaluate the outcomes of treatment in patients suffering from recurrent spontaneous abortion and antiphospholipid syndrome...
- Analyzes of three common thrombophilic gene mutations in German women with recurrent abortionsHans Ulrich Pauer
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:942-7. 2003..Several etiological factors have been proposed as a cause for recurrent fetal abortions. Changes in blood coagulation during pregnancy may play an important role in the occurrence of recurrent abortions (RA)...
- [Successful pregnancy outcome in the woman with thrombophilia and multiple miscarriages]Krzysztof Lewandowski
Katedry i Kliniki Hematologii i Chorób Rozrostowych Układu Krwiotwórczego, Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 74:387-94. 2003..The case of a 25 year-old pregnant woman with a history of miscarriage (8 week) and a triple intrauterine fetal death (35, 25, 21 week) was reported...
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with a history of recurrent spontaneous miscarriages and documented thrombophiliasIneke Krabbendam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Lyell McEwin Hospital, Adelaide University, Adelaide, Australia
Gynecol Obstet Invest 57:127-31. 2004..8%. In the HHC/MTHFR group 22 women conceived, resulting in 17 successful pregnancies (77.3%) and 5 pregnancy losses (1 trisomy 16, 1 Turner syndrome and 3 unexplained miscarriages), i.e. an unexplained pregnancy loss rate of 13.6%...
- Pregnancy outcome in women with antiphospholipid syndrome and alloimmunity: a case reportSerguei Abel Castañeda Ospina
Reproduction Program, School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Sao Paulo Med J 121:248-50. 2003..Patients with antiphospholipid syndrome and alloimmunity have poor pregnancy outcomes. Several diagnostic and therapeutic options exist for these disorders, although there is no consensus as to the best treatment...
- Thrombophilia and pregnancy complicationsJody L Kujovich
Division of Hematology Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SE Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:412-24. 2004..Study design Electronic databases and manual bibliography searches were used to identify studies evaluating the association between thrombophilia and pregnancy loss, preeclampsia, fetal growth retardation, and placental abruption...
- Thrombophilia and pregnancy complicationsBenjamin Brenner
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Department of Hematology, Rambam Medical Center, PO Box 9602, Hiafa 31096, Israel
Thromb Haemost 92:678-81. 2004..Maternal antithrombotic therapy is currently evaluated in women with thrombophilia and previous complications...
- Autoantibodies associated with reproductive failureY Shoenfeld
Internal Medicine B and The Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Lupus 13:643-8. 2004....
- Antiphospholipid antibodies as cause of pregnancy lossP L Meroni
Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology Unit, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Lupus 13:649-52. 2004..These mechanisms have been suggested to play a role in early fetal loss, while thrombotic events would be responsible for miscarriages late in the pregnancy...
- Pregnancy loss, polycystic ovary syndrome, thrombophilia, hypofibrinolysis, enoxaparin, metforminCharles J Glueck
Cholesterol Center, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 10:323-34. 2004..6, p <. 0001). There were no adverse maternal or fetal therapy effects. Enoxaparin-metformin reduces pregnancy loss in women with PCOS with one or more previous SAB, who also have thrombophilia and/or hypofibrinolysis...
- The use of LMWH in pregnancies at risk: new evidence or perception?I D Walker
Department of Haematology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
J Thromb Haemost 3:778-93. 2005
- Drug intervention in early pregnancy after assisted reproductive technologyOzkan Ozturk
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College London Hospitals, 86 96 Chenies Mews, London, WC1E 6HX, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 9:452-65. 2004..There is an urgent need for more epidemiological studies and randomized controlled trials to explore the use, efficacy and side-effects of both old and new drugs in early pregnancy after assisted reproduction treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of two doses of enoxaparin in women with thrombophilia and recurrent pregnancy loss: the LIVE-ENOX studyB Brenner
Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Thromb Haemost 3:227-9. 2005
- Prescribing for thrombophilia--are we going to repeat mistakes of the past?Shehnaaz Jivraj
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:219; author reply 220. 2004
- Recurrent miscarriageAndrew W Horne
Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 31:103-7. 2005..Couples with unexplained recurrent miscarriage should be offered appropriate emotional support and reassurance that they have a good prognosis for future pregnancies...
- The course of anticardiolipin antibody levels under immunoadsorption therapyAnna Christine Hauser
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Kidney Dis 46:446-54. 2005..In an observational analysis, we studied anticardiolipin antibodies during immunoadsorption therapy...
- Comparison of two therapeutic protocols in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies and recurrent miscarriagesKatarina Jeremic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Institute of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Belgrade
Vojnosanit Pregl 62:435-9. 2005..To compare the effects of two therapeutic protocols for the patients with recurrent miscarriages associated with the presence of antiphospholipid (anticardiolipin) antibodies...
- A study of pregnancy loss in 352 women with recurrent miscarriagesSpyros Dendrinos
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, 76 Vas Sofias Av, 11528 Athens, Greece
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:235-9. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the type of pregnancy loss (PL) in women with recurrent miscarriages...
- Elevated coagulation factor VIII and the risk for recurrent early pregnancy lossAstrid Dossenbach-Glaninger
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Rudolfstiftung Hospital, Juchgasse 25, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 91:694-9. 2004..9 (0.8 - 20.0, 95 percent confidence interval). Elevated maternal plasma levels of coagulation factor VIII tend to be associated with an increased risk for recurrent early pregnancy loss...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and fetal compromiseD Ware Branch
University of Utah Health Sciences Center, LDS Hospital, Room 2B200 SOM, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Thromb Res 114:415-8. 2004
- The role of factor V Leiden in maternal health and the outcome of pregnancyC J Calderwood
Division of Developmental Medicine, Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Curr Drug Targets 6:567-76. 2005..There has also been an observed association between maternal factor V Leiden and fetal or neonatal stroke. These areas require further study and at present there is no evidence-based approach to investigation, prevention or management...
- Maternal autoimmune diseases and immunologically induced embryonic and fetoplacental damageAsher Ornoy
Laboratory of Teratology, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:371-81. 2004..We also describe experimental models that help to understand the etiology and pathogenesis of the effects of this maternal disease on the developing embryo, fetus and placenta...
- Evidence-based care of recurrent miscarriageT Flint Porter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Maternal Fetal Medicine, LDS Hospital, 8th Avenue and C Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 19:85-101. 2005..About 50% of cases of RPL have no identifiable cause. Alloimmune incompatibility has been proposed as a cause for RPL in these women. The concept of alloimmune-related RPL has not been scientifically validated...
- [Impact of inherited thrombophilia on the development of some pregnancy complications]R Koleva
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 44:18-26. 2005..To assess the clinical significance of inherited thrombophilia [IT] for the development of some pregnancy complications...
- Thromboprophylaxis improves the live birth rate in women with consecutive recurrent miscarriages and hereditary thrombophiliaH Carp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Thromb Haemost 1:433-8. 2003..If the beneficial effects of enoxaparin are confirmed by additional studies, thromboprophylaxis can be recommended for patients with hereditary thrombophilia and recurrent pregnancy loss...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and infertilityMay Backos
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 5:30-4. 2002..Hence routine screening for aPL among women undergoing IVF-ET is not warranted and therapeutic interventions should be used only in well designed randomized controlled trials...
- Lower birth-weight in neonates of mothers carrying factor V G1691A and factor II A(20210) mutationsElvira Grandone
Unità di Aterosclerosi e Trombosi and Obstetrics, Gynecology Department, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Haematologica 87:177-81. 2002..Inherited thrombophilia has been associated with fetal and maternal complications of pregnancy. It is reasonable to suppose that an imbalance of maternal hemostasis could lead to decreased fetal growth...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in pregnancyRodger L Bick
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 22:107-20, vii. 2008..It presents the outcomes of the author's protocol and those of others in treating women who have antiphospholipid syndrome and who have suffered recurrent miscarriages...
- Recurrent pregnancy loss with antiphospholipid antibody: a systematic review of therapeutic trialsMarianne Empson
Clinical Immunology Service, Auckland Hospital, New Zealand
Obstet Gynecol 99:135-44. 2002..To explore the effects of interventions given to improve pregnancy outcome in women with antiphospholipid antibodies...
- Anti-phospholipid antibodies and infertilityH J A Carp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621, Israel
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 32:159-61. 2007....
- Association of anticardiolipin antibody and C677T in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation in women with recurrent spontaneous abortions: a new path to thrombophilia?Egle Couto
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 123:15-20. 2005..Recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA) has been associated with venous thrombosis in the mother. Acquired and inherited thrombophilia factors are possible causes...
- Recurrent pregnancy loss and thrombophiliaPierpaolo Di Micco
Internal Medicine Division, Buonconsiglio Fatebenefratelli Hospital of Naples, Naples, Italy
Clin Lab 53:309-14. 2007..This review will be focused on the recent knowledge between thrombophilia, hypercoagulable state, RPL, VTE and future perspectives...
- Uterine artery Doppler in predicting pregnancy outcome in women with antiphospholipid syndromeN Venkat-Raman
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St. Mary's Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 98:235-42. 2001..CONCLUSION: In pregnancies associated with lupus anticoagulant, uterine artery Doppler at 22-24 weeks is a useful screening test in predicting preeclampsia and SGA infants...
- Thrombophilia and placental pathologyRaymond W Redline
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:885-94. 2006..However, the finding of typical pathologic lesions in the context of recurrent pregnancy loss, severe early onset disease, or neonatal coagulation abnormalities should prompt the consideration of an underlying thrombophilic state...
- Laboratory diagnosis of antiphospholipid syndromeV Pengo
Reumatismo 59:187-91. 2007
- Plasma levels of annexins IV and V in relation to antiphospholipid antibody status in women with a history of recurrent miscarriageVeli Matti Ulander
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 2, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Thromb Res 120:865-70. 2007..The aim of our study was to define plasma concentrations of circulating annexins IV and V at the beginning of pregnancy among women with a history of RM, and in connection to their aPL antibody status...
- Pregnancy failure and heritable thrombophiliaSaskia Middeldorp
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, and Vascular Medicine Unit, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Semin Hematol 44:93-7. 2007..The role of heritable thrombophilia in pregnancy failure is reviewed, with a focus on recurrent miscarriage, in terms of epidemiology, etiology, and potential therapeutic implications...
- Multifactorial thrombophilia in a pregnancy: a case reportIlknur Inegol Gumus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fatih University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 14:112-5. 2008....
- Clinical significance of different antiphospholipid antibodies in the WAPS (warfarin in the antiphospholipid syndrome) studyMonica Galli
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 110:1178-83. 2007..They also suggest that the measurement of aPT and aAnAV antibodies is useful in some selected situations and that there is little role for IgM antibody detection...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies do not a syndrome makeS Stone
Lupus Pregnancy Clinic, Guy s and St Thomas Hospitals Trust, London, UK
Lupus 11:130-3. 2002..Pregnancy outcomes in these women were not improved with antithrombotic therapy alone. Successful outcomes were achieved only when other causes of recurrent miscarriage were considered and treated...
- Modulation of systemic hemostatic parameters by enoxaparin during gestation in women with thrombophilia and pregnancy lossGalit Sarig
Thrombosis and Hemostasis Unit, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Thromb Haemost 94:980-5. 2005..These results suggest that LMWH prophylaxis during pregnancy enables modulation of systemic hemostatic parameters via inhibition of factor Xa and increase in plasmatic total and free TFPI levels...
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in obstetricsLothar Heilmann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, City Hospital Ruesselsheim, Germany
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 9:143-50. 2003..The general failure rate of heparin/aspirin treatment is approximately 30%. In such cases intravenous immunoglobulin in combination with heparin and aspirin has been used to treat APLS...
- Inherited thrombophilia and poor pregnancy outcomeBenjamin Brenner
Department of Haematology, Thrombosis and Haemostasis Unit, Rambam Medical Centre, 31096, Haifa, Israel
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:427-39. 2003....
- Inherited thrombophilia in recurrent spontaneous abortion among Chinese womenXipeng Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 92:264-5. 2006
- [Recurrent miscarriage and thrombophilia]S Middeldorp
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, Postbus 22 660, 1100 DD Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:189-93. 2006..However, it is unknown whether anticoagulant treatment of women with recurrent miscarriage and hereditary risk factors for thrombophilia improves the outcome of a subsequent pregnancy...
- Placental pathology, antiphospholipid antibodies, and pregnancy outcome in recurrent miscarriage patientsN J Sebire
Department of Histopathology, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, London, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 101:258-63. 2003....
- Heparin use during pregnancyMohamed Habib Houman
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital La Rabta, Tunis
Tunis Med 80:297-305. 2002....
- Multiple thrombophilic gene mutations rather than specific gene mutations are risk factors for recurrent miscarriageCarolyn B Coulam
Pregnancy Success Center or the Rinehart Center for Reproductive Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 55:360-8. 2006..We compared the prevalence of 10 thrombophilic gene mutations among women with a history of recurrent miscarriages and fertile control women...
- The management of thrombophilia during pregnancy: a Canadian surveyMarc A Rodger
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 24:946-52. 2002..To determine current Canadian practice patterns in the management of pregnant women with thrombophilia...
- Coexistence of homozygous factor V Leiden mutation and antiphospholipid antibodies in two patients presented with Budd-Chiari syndromeReyhan Diz-Kucukkaya
Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Medical Faculty, The University of Istanbul, Turkey
Haematologia (Budap) 32:73-7. 2002..The interaction of antiphospholipid antibodies and factor V Leiden mutation in the pathogenesis of antiphospholipid syndrome and their contribution to Budd-Chiari syndrome are discussed...
- Thrombophilias and adverse pregnancy outcome - A confounded problem!Willem J Kist
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 99:77-85. 2008..The differences we have identified reflect the differential impact of these confounders. These data emphasise the importance of more uniform research...
- Impaired expression of endometrial differentiation markers and complement regulatory proteins in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss associated with antiphospholipid syndromeJulia Francis
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Wolfson and Weston Research Centre for Family Health, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 12:435-42. 2006..In APS, impaired endometrial differentiation and lower DAF/CD55 expression before conception may compromise implantation and predispose to complement-mediated pregnancy failure...
- Successful pregnancy outcome in women with bad obstetric history and recurrent fetal loss due to thrombophilia: effect of unfractionated heparin and low-molecular weight heparinKanjaksha Ghosh
Deptartment of Haemostasis, Institute of Immunohaematology ICMR, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 14:174-9. 2008..None of the patients in either group had to interrupt the therapy for any adverse treatment-related complications...
- Folic acid and homocyst(e)ine metabolic defects and the risk of placental abruption, pre-eclampsia and spontaneous pregnancy loss: A systematic reviewJ G Ray
Obstetrical Medicine Programme, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario
Placenta 20:519-29. 1999..homocyst(e)ine were combined with those of pre-eclampsia, placental abruption/infarction or spontaneous and habitual abortion. Human studies comprising both cases and controls and published in the English language were accepted...
- Children's immunology, what can we learn from animal studies (1): Decidual cells induce specific immune system of feto-maternal interfaceOrie Nakamura
Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 34:SP331-9. 2009..For example, in a human, one of the reasons why the habitual abortion is understood as the failure of the maternal immune system...
- Serum TNF-alpha, IL-6, lupus anticoagulant and anticardiolipin antibody in women with and without a past history of recurrent miscarriageEmine Arslan
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Akyokus, Selcuk University Faculty of Medicine, 42080 Konya, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 270:227-9. 2004..The aim of the this study was to investigate Lupus Anticoagulan (LA), Anticardiolipin Antibody (ACA), Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and Interleukin-6 (IL-6) serum levels in 40 pregnant and 20 nonpregnant...
- Ganglioside GM2-activator protein and vesicular transport in collecting duct intercalated cellsT M Mundel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:435-43. 1999..This study describes the molecular characterization of an antigen defined by an autoantibody from a woman with habitual abortion as GM2-activator protein. The patient showed no disorder of renal function...
- The role of dydrogesterone in recurrent (habitual) abortionChristian J Gruber
Department of Gynecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Vienna University School of Medicine, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 97:426-30. 2005The published evidence regarding the administration of dydrogesterone in the treatment of habitual abortion is summarised in this review...
- Uterine contractions evaluated on cine MR imaging in patients with uterine leiomyomasMizuki Nishino
Department of Radiology, Kyoto City Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Radiol 53:142-6. 2005Submucosal leiomyoma is one of the most recognized causes of infertility and habitual abortion. The purpose of this study is to evaluate uterine peristalsis, a cycle-related inherent contractility of uterus probably responsible for sperm ..
- Prevalence of factor V G1691A (factor V-Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A gene mutations in a recurrent miscarriage populationRamzi R Finan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Georges Orthodox Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon
Am J Hematol 71:300-5. 2002..In women with primary habitual abortion, 45 (40...
- [Study on human leucocyte antigen-DQ region gene polymorphism in cases of habitual abortion with anticardiolipin antibody]Q Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, Second Medical University, Shanghai 200001, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 35:208-11. 2000To investigate the relationship between human leucocyte antigen(HLA)-DQ region gene polymorphism and habitual abortion with anticardiolipin antibody(ACL).
- [The study on human leucocyte antigen DQ region genes polymorphism in unexplained habitual abortion patients]Q Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200001, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 36:293-5. 2001To investigate whether human leucocyte antigen DQ (HLA-DQ) genes polymorphism are related to the susceptibility to unexplained habitual abortion.
- The role of thrombofilia related to Factor V Leiden and Factor II G20210A mutations in recurrent abortionsMuge Aksoy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ankara University School of Medicine Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
J Pak Med Assoc 55:104-8. 2005..To study, the impact of thrombophilia caused by Factor V, Factor ll G20210A mutations on recurrent abortions, the prevelance of Factor V Leiden and Factor II G20210A mutation in patients with habitual abortions...
- PREVALENCE & EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CRYPTORCHIDISMGertrud Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 1991..suggested risk factors, such as maternal obesity, prenatal exogenous hormone administration, a history of habitual abortion, and breech delivery...
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Full karyotype single cell interphase analysisSantiago Munne; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase-I we propose to develop two of the three sets of probes, and to test that these probes will work with 90% efficiency after three rounds of hybridization in single polar bodies. ..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- Revision of ACR Classification Criteria for Systemic Lupus ErythematosusMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will lead to updated, validated SLE classification criteria that can be immediately used by both industry and academic clinical trials. ..
- Brain ConnectionsMichelle Petri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- EXPRESSION OF CYCLIN E IN GYNECOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESDonna Session; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the mechanisms of cyclin E aberrations may lead to powerful and convenient models for studying potential tumor promoters, markers and antiproliferative agents. ..
- Bcr-Abl RNA levels to monitor STI571 leukemia therapyRichard Press; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Targets for New Therapeutics for SLEJane Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Complement as a Mediator of Recurrent MiscarriagesJane Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, our studies will provide insights into mechanisms by which complement-induces disease and suggest means to prevent, arrest, or modify complement-mediated inflammatory disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanism of aPL antibody-induced Pregnancy lossJane E Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, understanding how aPL antibodies "cause" pregnancy loss may translate into new concepts about maternal-fetal tolerance and miscarriages in general and benefit women with non-APS- related pregnancy complications. ..
- Functional characterization of FSHR alternatively spliced variantsMaria Lalioti; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..