Genomes and Genes
Summary: Expulsion of the product of FERTILIZATION before completing the term of GESTATION and without deliberate interference.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Decidual and peripheral blood CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in early pregnancy subjects and spontaneous abortion casesY Sasaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama shi, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 10:347-53. 2004..The proportion of decidual CD4(+)CD25(bright) T cells was significantly lower in specimens from spontaneous abortion compared to those from specimens from induced abortions...
- Arsenic exposure in pregnant mice disrupts placental vasculogenesis and causes spontaneous abortionWenjie He
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Environmental Health Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59812, USA
Toxicol Sci 99:244-53. 2007..dysmorphogenesis and defective placental vasculogenesis resulting in placental insufficiency and subsequent spontaneous abortion. To test this hypothesis, pregnant mice were exposed to sodium arsenite (AsIII) through drinking water from ..
- The evidence that lead increases the risk for spontaneous abortionI Hertz-Picciotto
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Am J Ind Med 38:300-9. 2000..Nevertheless, most studies conducted among populations with low/moderate exposures have provided little evidence of an association with pregnancy loss, or in particular, spontaneous abortions...
- Abnormal T-cell reactivity against paternal antigens in spontaneous abortion: adoptive transfer of pregnancy-induced CD4+CD25+ T regulatory cells prevents fetal rejection in a murine abortion modelAna Claudia Zenclussen
Institut fur Medizinische Immunologie, Biomedizinisches Forschungszentrum, Raum 2 0534, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353, Berlin, Germany
Am J Pathol 166:811-22. 2005..whether an inappropriate function of T regulatory (Treg) cells is involved in the pathogenesis of spontaneous abortion. We evaluated spleen and decidual lymphocytes from CBA/J mice undergoing immunological abortion (DBA/2J-..
- Complete genome sequence and lifestyle of black-pigmented Corynebacterium aurimucosum ATCC 700975 (formerly C. nigricans CN-1) isolated from a vaginal swab of a woman with spontaneous abortionEva Trost
Institut für Genomforschung und Systembiologie, Centrum für Biotechnologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Universitätsstrasse 27, D 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Genomics 11:91. 2010..nigricans CN-1) was originally isolated from a vaginal swab of a 34-year-old woman who experienced a spontaneous abortion during month six of pregnancy...
- Causes for spontaneous abortion: what the bugs 'gut' to do with it?Astrid Friebe
Charite, University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2348-52. 2008..In turn, intestinal barrier function may be enhanced and mediators of immune tolerance may be restored, i.e. in the context of reproduction...
- Management of spontaneous abortionCraig P Griebel
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, 61602, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:1243-50. 2005b>Spontaneous abortion, which is the loss of a pregnancy without outside intervention before 20 weeks' gestation, affects up to 20 percent of recognized pregnancies...
- Drinking water contaminants and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a reviewFrank Bove
Division of Health Studies, Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:61-74. 2002..Nevertheless, the findings of excess NTDs, oral clefts, cardiac defects, and choanal atresia in studies that evaluated TCE-contaminated drinking water deserve follow-up...
- Subfertility and risk of spontaneous abortionR H Gray
School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Public Health 90:1452-4. 2000The purpose of this study was to assess the association between subfertility and spontaneous abortion.
- Use of antidepressants during pregnancy and the risk of spontaneous abortionHamid Reza Nakhai-Pour
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, Que, Canada
CMAJ 182:1031-7. 2010..Whether such use increases the risk of spontaneous abortion is still being debated...
- Continuing metformin throughout pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome appears to safely reduce first-trimester spontaneous abortion: a pilot studyC J Glueck
The Cholesterol Center, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Fertil Steril 75:46-52. 2001To determine whether metformin would safely reduce the rate of first-trimester spontaneous abortion without teratogenicity in 19 women with the polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- An exploratory analysis of the effect of pesticide exposure on the risk of spontaneous abortion in an Ontario farm populationT E Arbuckle
Bureau of Reproductive and Child Health, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 109:851-7. 2001..This study shows that timing of exposure and restricting analyses to more homogeneous endpoints are important in characterizing the reproductive toxicity of pesticides...
- Cigarette, alcohol, and caffeine consumption: risk factors for spontaneous abortionVibeke Rasch
Institute of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:182-8. 2003To study the association between cigarette, alcohol, and caffeine consumption and the occurrence of spontaneous abortion.
- The Th1/Th2 paradigm: still important in pregnancy?Gerard Chaouat
Unité 782 INSERM, 32 rue des Carnets 92141 Clamart, France
Semin Immunopathol 29:95-113. 2007..In this review, we replace the emergence of the paradigm in its historical context and then emphasises what it does explain and what it no longer account for. A final reappraisal of the paradigm is suggested...
- Comparative genomic hybridization-array analysis enhances the detection of aneuploidies and submicroscopic imbalances in spontaneous miscarriagesAnthony J Schaeffer
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:1168-74. 2004..This retrospective study demonstrates that the DNA-based CGH-array technology overcomes many of the limitations of routine cytogenetic analysis of POC samples while enhancing the detection of fetal chromosome aberrations...
- Expectant, medical or surgical treatment for spontaneous abortion in first trimester of pregnancy: a cost analysisJoyce H S You
Centre for Pharmacoeconomics Research, School of Pharmacy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT
Hum Reprod 20:2873-8. 2005..care have been shown to be acceptable alternatives to routine surgical evacuation for treatment of spontaneous abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy...
- A population-based prospective cohort study of personal exposure to magnetic fields during pregnancy and the risk of miscarriageDe Kun Li
Division f Research, Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
Epidemiology 13:9-20. 2002..This observed association is unlikely to be due to uncontrolled biases or unmeasured confounders...
- Residential exposure to traffic and spontaneous abortionRochelle S Green
Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, California Environmental Protection Agency, Oakland, California 94612, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1939-44. 2009Studies have shown associations between air pollution or traffic exposure and adverse birth outcomes, such as low birth weight. However, very few studies have examined the effect of traffic emissions on spontaneous abortion (SAB).
- Chromosomal abnormalities in spontaneous abortion after assisted reproductive treatmentJi Won Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fertility Center of CHA Gangnam Medical Center, CHA University, Seoul, Korea
BMC Med Genet 11:153. 2010..We also compared the rate of chromosomal abnormalities according to infertility causes in ICSI group...
- Intrauterine adhesions after conservative and surgical management of spontaneous abortionWing Hung Tam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:182-5. 2002To determine the frequency of intrauterine adhesions (IUA) after conservative management, medical evacuation, and surgical evacuation for spontaneous abortion.
- Underreporting of induced and spontaneous abortion in the United States: an analysis of the 2002 National Survey of Family GrowthRachel K Jones
Guttmacher Institute, 125 Maiden Lane, New York, NY 10038, USA
Stud Fam Plann 38:187-97. 2007..The levels of recent spontaneous abortion reported in the 2002 NSFG were consistent with the accumulated body of clinical research, although ..
- Caffeine metabolism and the risk of spontaneous abortion of normal karyotype fetusesL B Signorello
International Epidemiology Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:1059-66. 2001To investigate whether the rate of caffeine metabolism influences spontaneous abortion risk.
- Autoimmune thyroid disease in pregnancy and the postpartum period: relationship to spontaneous abortionT Bagis
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Yuregir Adana, Turkey
Thyroid 11:1049-53. 2001..Fifty percent of the ATA-positive women and 14.1% of the ATA-negative group had a history of spontaneous abortion. Forty-eight of the ATA-positive women developed postpartum autoimmune thyroid dysfunction (PATD)...
- Statistical methods for estimating the probability of spontaneous abortion in observational studies--analyzing pregnancies exposed to coumarin derivativesReinhard Meister
Department of, Mathematics, University of Applied Sciences, Technische Fachhochschule Berlin, Luxemburger Strasse 10, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 26:31-5. 2008b>Spontaneous abortion rates are of general interest when investigating pregnancy outcome. In most studies observations are left truncated as pregnant women enter with a delay of several weeks after conception...
- Guilt and emptiness: women's experiences of miscarriageAnnsofie Adolfsson
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, Karnsjukhuset, Skovde, Sweden
Health Care Women Int 25:543-60. 2004..They feel that they are the cause of the miscarriage through something they have done, eaten, or thought. They feel abandonment and they grieve for their profound loss; they are actually in bereavement...
- Comprehensive analysis of HLA-G: implications for recurrent spontaneous abortionDara S Berger
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Reprod Sci 17:331-8. 2010Miscarriage is one of the most common pregnancy complications. Recurrent spontaneous abortion is defined as 2 or more pregnancy losses and may be associated with genetic variation...
- Insulin resistance increases the risk of spontaneous abortion after assisted reproduction technology treatmentLi Tian
Reproductive Medical Centre, Peking University, People s Hospital, No 11 South Street, Xizhimen, Beijing, China 100044
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1430-3. 2007This study aims to examine the impact of insulin resistance (IR) on the risk of spontaneous abortion in patients who received infertility treatment.
- Increased prevalence of T helper 17 (Th17) cells in peripheral blood and decidua in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion patientsWen Juan Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 145 Shandong Mid Road, Shanghai 200001, China
J Reprod Immunol 84:164-70. 2010..Th17 cells in human pregnancy and pathological pregnancy, especially in relation to unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA), has not been investigated...
- Chromosome abnormalities identified in 347 spontaneous abortions collected in JapanMasaji Nagaishi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nihon University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:237-41. 2004..We determined the incidence of specific chromosome abnormalities in this Japanese population so that comparisons could be made to the incidence of chromosome abnormalities reported for other populations...
- Reproductive health indicators and outcomes among refugee and internally displaced persons in postemergency phase campsMichelle Hynes
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop K 22, 2900 Woodcock Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
JAMA 288:595-603. 2002..Despite increasing awareness of the importance of reproductive health programs and services for refugee and internally displaced populations, there is a paucity of basic epidemiological data on reproductive health outcomes...
- Paternal age and maternal age are risk factors for miscarriage; results of a multicentre European studyElise de La Rochebrochard
INED National Demographic Studies Institute, 75020 Paris, France
Hum Reprod 17:1649-56. 2002..However, studies usually investigate only maternal age effects. We investigated both maternal age and paternal age effects on miscarriage risk to provide insight into this frequent reproductive failure...
- The role of oxidative stress in spontaneous abortion and recurrent pregnancy loss: a systematic reviewSajal Gupta
Reproductive Research Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 62:335-47; quiz 353-4. 2007..Before the end of the first trimester, 30%-50% of conceptions end in spontaneous abortion. Most losses occur at the time of implantation...
- Does caffeine and alcohol intake before pregnancy predict the occurrence of spontaneous abortion?J S Tolstrup
Danish Epidemiology Science Centre at the Institute of Preventive Medicine, Kommunehospitalet, DK 1399, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 18:2704-10. 2003..Consumption of caffeine and alcohol is suspected to affect pregnancy outcome. Use of both stimulants is widespread and even minor effects on fetal viability are of public health interest...
- Th1-type immunity is incompatible with successful pregnancyR Raghupathy
Dept of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Immunol Today 18:478-82. 1997..Here, evidence from murine and human pregnancy is presented to show that, since Th1-type cytokines mediate pregnancy loss, a shift towards Th1-type immunity may help resolve 'unexplained' pregnancy failure...
- Prothrombin gene G20210A mutation and obstetric complicationsRobert M Silver
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:14-20. 2010..To estimate whether maternal carriage of the prothrombin gene G20210A mutation is associated with pregnancy loss, preeclampsia, placental abruption, or small for gestational age (SGA) neonates in a low-risk, prospective cohort...
- Moderate alcohol intake in pregnancy and the risk of spontaneous abortionUlrik Kesmodel
Perinatal Epidemiological Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby Sygehus, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Alcohol Alcohol 37:87-92. 2002..were eligible for this cohort study on the association between alcohol intake in pregnancy and the risk of spontaneous abortion. We included 24 679 singleton pregnancies in the study...
- Cumulative incidence of previous spontaneous abortion in Sweden in 1983-2003: a register studyAnnsofie Adolfsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:741-7. 2006..The aim of this study is to find out how common miscarriages are among women who have delivered a child...
- International comparison of studies using the perinatal grief scale: a decade of research on pregnancy lossL J Toedter
Moravian College, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
Death Stud 25:205-28. 2001..Significantly higher scores were found in studies that recruited participants from support groups and self-selected populations rather than from medical sources, and from U.S. studies compared with those in Europe...
- Cytokine-dependent abortion in CBA x DBA/2 mice is mediated by the procoagulant fgl2 prothrombinase [correction of prothombinase]D A Clark
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 160:545-9. 1998..Cytokine-triggered thrombotic/inflammatory processes in maternal uteroplacental blood vessels causes abortion...
- Spontaneous abortion: a prospective cohort study of younger women from the general population in Denmark. Validation, occurrence and risk determinantsL Buss
Department of Virus, Hormones and Cancer, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:467-75. 2006To assess the occurrence of spontaneous abortion, comparing two different data sources. To estimate the rate of spontaneous abortion over a 2-year period, and examine potential predictors of the risk for incident spontaneous abortion.
- How should data on murine spontaneous abortion rates be expressed and analyzed?David A Clark
McMaster University Rm 3V39, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Am J Reprod Immunol 60:192-6. 2008..Recently, it has been argued that medians with box plots should replace the accepted standard, but this deprives readers of data needed to verify P-values, and leads to inferences incompatible with biological and statistical reality...
- Maternal occupational exposures and risk of spontaneous abortion in veterinary practiceA Shirangi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, Norfolk Place, London W21PG, UK
Occup Environ Med 65:719-25. 2008To examine the relationship between occupational exposures and spontaneous abortion in female veterinarians.
- Rate of aneuploidy in miscarriages following in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injectionRuth B Lathi
Stanford University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Fertil Steril 81:1270-2. 2004..To evaluate the incidence of aneuploidy in miscarriages after IVF and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) procedures...
- Alleles and haplotypes of the estrogen receptor alpha gene are associated with an increased risk of spontaneous abortionBegoña Pineda
Research Foundation, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 93:1809-15. 2010..To investigate whether polymorphisms in estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) or beta (ERbeta) genes are associated with a risk of miscarriage...
- Affective disorders in the aftermath of miscarriage: a comprehensive reviewC M Klier
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, Vienna Austria
Arch Womens Ment Health 5:129-49. 2002..In the final section, treatment options relevant to miscarriage are presented...
- Proportional change of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells after lymphocyte therapy in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion patientsHui Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 92:301-5. 2009To investigate the proportional changes of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in peripheral blood after lymphocyte therapy in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion (URSA) patients.
- Mannan-binding lectin levels related to spontaneous abortion in Brazilian patients with celiac diseaseLorete Maria da Silva Kotze
Gastroenterology Service, Cajuru Hospital, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Dig Dis Sci 53:3152-7. 2008Low concentration of mannan-binding lectin (MBL) has been related to unexplained spontaneous abortion (SA), which has also been observed in an increased frequency in patients with celiac disease (CD)...
- Genetic changes in human fetuses from spontaneous abortion after in vitro fertilization detected by comparative genomic hybridizationYue Qiu Tan
Institute of Reproduction and Stem Cell Engineering, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, China
Biol Reprod 70:495-9. 2004..It is believed that chromosomal abnormality is the major reason for early spontaneous abortion. Although some reports have mentioned cytogenetic changes in spontaneously aborted embryos after IVF, ..
- Risk of spontaneous abortion in singleton and twin pregnancies after IVF/ICSIPhilippe Tummers
Infertility Centre, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Hum Reprod 18:1720-3. 2003..Although it is common knowledge that the incidence of abortion decreases as pregnancy progresses, exact data in relation to the duration of pregnancy are scarce...
- The influence of the environment and other exogenous agents on spontaneous abortion riskMandy Weselak
McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk Assessment, Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Toxicol Environ Health B Crit Rev 11:221-41. 2008It is estimated that close to 30% of all pregnancies end in spontaneous abortion. Although about 60% of spontaneous abortions are thought to be due to genetic, infectious, hormonal, and immunological factors, the role of the environment ..
- Plasma folate levels and risk of spontaneous abortionLena George
Department of Medical Epidemiology, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, PO Box 281, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
JAMA 288:1867-73. 2002Both folate deficiency and folic acid supplements have been reported to increase the risk of spontaneous abortion. The results are inconclusive, however, and measurements of folate have not been available in all studies.
- Preconception folate and vitamin B(6) status and clinical spontaneous abortion in Chinese womenAlayne G Ronnenberg
Department of Environmental Health, Program for Population Genetics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:107-13. 2002To assess the association between preconception homocysteine and B vitamin status and risk of clinical spontaneous abortion in women from Anqing, China.
- Menstrual cycle characteristics: associations with fertility and spontaneous abortionChanley M Small
Department of Epidemiology, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Epidemiology 17:52-60. 2006....
- Aneuploidy in abortuses following IVF and ICSIVitaly A Kushnir
New Jersey Medical School, UMDNJ, Dept of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, MSB E 506, 185 South Orange Avenue, Newark, NJ, 07101 1709, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 26:93-7. 2009..To compare aneuploidy rates in first trimester pregnancy losses following IVF+/-ICSI...
- The associations of maternal caffeine consumption and nausea with spontaneous abortionW Wen
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232-8300, USA
Epidemiology 12:38-42. 2001To examine whether maternal caffeine consumption is associated with the risk of spontaneous abortion, we analyzed data from a population-based prospective study...
- Paternal age: are the risks of infecundity and miscarriage higher when the man is aged 40 years or over?E De La Rochebrochard
Unité Inserm Ined 569, Hopital de Bicetre, 82, rue du General Leclerc, 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 53:2S47-55. 2005..However, the possibility of a paternal age effect has rarely been considered. We carried out review of the literature to investigate the effect of paternal age on the risks of infecundity and miscarriage...
- Inflammation and miscarriageOle B Christiansen
Fertility Clinic 4071, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 11:302-8. 2006....
- Observational study of pregnant women with a previous spontaneous abortion before the 10th gestation week with and without antiphospholipid antibodiesC Chauleur
Research Team EA2992, Montpellier University 1, Nimes, France
J Thromb Haemost 8:699-706. 2010..Although this diagnostic classification of APS appeared to be the most sensitive, the APS-associated serological criteria are still debated...
- Does miscarriage in an initial pregnancy lead to adverse obstetric and perinatal outcomes in the next continuing pregnancy?S Bhattacharya
Dugald Baird Centre for Research on Women s Health, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
BJOG 115:1623-9. 2008..To explore pregnancy outcomes in women following an initial miscarriage...
- Increased activating killer immunoglobulin-like receptor genes and decreased specific HLA-C alleles in couples with recurrent spontaneous abortionShan Wang
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Shandong Provincial Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan 250021, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:696-701. 2007..corresponding specific HLA ligands in parent couples possessing a susceptibility to unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA), we searched 73 pairs of childless couples with three or more abortions characterized as unexplained ..
- Spontaneous abortion in a Danish population-based cohort of childhood cancer survivorsJeanette F Winther
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 26:4340-6. 2008..We assessed the risks for spontaneous abortion and stillbirths among cancer survivors who received radiotherapy and subsequently became pregnant.
- Mature cystic renal teratoma in a 25-year-old woman with ipsilateral hydronephrosis, urinary tract infection and spontaneous abortionM A Nzegwu
Department of Morbid Anatomy, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 16:300-2. 2007..We report a case in which benign cystic renal teratoma was associated with ipsilateral hydronephrosis, urinary tract infection and spontaneous abortion, with histological confirmation in a 25-year-old woman.
- Abnormal folate metabolism as a risk factor for first-trimester spontaneous abortionMichael L Hoffman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, USA
J Reprod Med 53:207-12. 2008..To assess the potential role of folic acid in early pregnancy loss by measuring homocysteine (hcy) levels in healthy, pregnant women who present with a current first-trimester miscarriage...
- Early risk factors for pregnancy loss in lupusMegan E B Clowse
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27110, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:293-9. 2006..To identify early risk factors for pregnancy loss in lupus pregnancies...
- Increased rate of endometriosis and spontaneous abortion in an in vitro fertilization program: no correlation with epidemiological factorsIoannis Matalliotakis
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Gynecol Endocrinol 24:194-8. 2008There are conflicting data concerning endometriosis and spontaneous abortion (SAB). The aim of the present study was to evaluate if there was any association between endometriosis and SAB...
- Alcohol consumption at the time of conception and spontaneous abortionTine Brink Henriksen
Perinatal Epidemiological Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Epidemiol 160:661-7. 2004..studied the association between female and male alcohol intakes at the time of conception and the risk of spontaneous abortion, including early pregnancy loss detected by urinary human chorionic gonadotropin...
- Japanese version of the Quality of Relationship Inventory: its reliability and validity among women with recurrent spontaneous abortionYumi Nakano
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya City University Medical School, Aichi, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 56:527-32. 2002..54, 95% CI 0.27-0.73 in the case of the father). Although we still need to examine the Japanese QRI with different populations, it appears to be a promising measure of individual-specific relationship for the Japanese population...
- Can endometrial infection/inflammation explain implantation failure, spontaneous abortion, and preterm birth after in vitro fertilization?Roberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Development, National Institutes of Health Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 82:799-804. 2004..and subclinical endometrial infection or inflammation may play a role in implantation failure after IVF, spontaneous abortion, and preterm birth...
- Is the exposure to antidepressant drugs in early pregnancy a risk factor for spontaneous abortion? A review of available evidencesGiovanni Santone
Psychiatric Unit, Department of Neuroscience, Polytechnic University of Marche, and United Hospitals of Ancona, Ancona, Italy
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 18:240-7. 2009To review studies conducted to establish the risk of spontaneous abortion (SA) in women exposed to antidepressant drugs (ADs) during early pregnancy.
- Risks of repeated miscarriageLena George
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:119-26. 2006..1, 4.1]). Among non-smoking women with high caffeine intake, there was an increased risk of repeated miscarriage, whereas there was no such association among smokers. Low plasma folate levels were not associated with increased risks...
- Lack of the appropriate natural killer cell inhibitory receptors in women with spontaneous abortionM Varla-Leftherioti
Department of Immunobiology, Helena Venizelou Maternity Hospital, 11521 Athens, Greece
Hum Immunol 66:65-71. 2005....
- Skewed X chromosome inactivation and trisomic spontaneous abortion: no associationDorothy Warburton
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Hum Genet 85:179-93. 2009Several studies suggest that highly skewed X chromosome inactivation (HSXI) is associated with recurrent spontaneous abortion. We hypothesized that this association reflects an increased rate of trisomic conceptions due to anomalies on ..
- Incidence of spontaneous abortion in Bahrain before and after the Gulf War of 1991K E Rajab
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Salmaniya Medical Center, Bahrain
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 68:139-44. 2000..To analyze the clinical types, associated medical problems, morbidity, length of hospital stay and mortality rate of abortions...
- Misclassification of gestational age in the study of spontaneous abortionPenelope P Howards
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Epidemiol 164:1126-36. 2006Most studies of spontaneous abortion are subject to left truncation, because conception is not observed and thus pregnant women are enrolled postconception...
- Antiphospholipid/antiprotein antibodies, hemostasis-related autoantibodies, and plasma homocysteine as risk factors for a first early pregnancy loss: a matched case-control studyJean Christophe Gris
Haematology Laboratory, University Hospital, F 30029 Nimes cedex 9, France
Blood 102:3504-13. 2003..1) and against tissue-type plasminogen activator (OR, 19.5; CI, 7.9-48.0), and high homocystinemia (OR, 4.1; CI, 1.3-12.5). A first early pregnancy loss is associated with increased levels of several autoantibodies and of homocysteine...
- Chernobyl fallout and outcome of pregnancy in FinlandA Auvinen
STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Helsinki, Finland
Environ Health Perspect 109:179-85. 2001..Further, there is little support in the epidemiologic literature on effects of very low doses of radiation on pregnancy outcome...
- Dydrogesterone in the reduction of recurrent spontaneous abortionM Y el-Zibdeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Islamic Hospital, Amman, P O Box 910201, Jordan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 97:431-4. 2005One hundred and eighty women with a history of recurrent, unexplained spontaneous abortion (mean 3.5 abortions) were randomised to receive oral dydrogesterone (10 mg b.i.d...
- Microchimerism after induced or spontaneous abortionTomoko Sato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, Japan
Obstet Gynecol 112:593-7. 2008..To investigate fetomaternal microchimerism in women with induced abortion or spontaneous pregnancy loss...
- Risk factors in miscarriage: a reviewA García-Enguídanos
Department of Human Reproduction, Clínica Tambre, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 102:111-9. 2002..The only two etiologic factors recognized by all authors are uterine malformations and parental balanced chromosomal rearrangements. There have been many other suggested risk factors. In this revision we discuss these...
- Regulation of interleukin-6 fetoplacental levels could be involved in the protective effect of low-molecular weight heparin treatment on murine spontaneous abortionG Gutierrez
Institute of Immunology, IDEHU, Univerity of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Reprod Immunol 51:160-5. 2004..Heparin reduces significantly the abortion rate in mice and recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA) patients...
- Male-mediated spontaneous abortion among spouses of stainless steel weldersN H Hjollund
Department of Occupational Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
Scand J Work Environ Health 26:187-92. 2000Male-mediated spontaneous abortion has never been documented for humans. The welding of stainless steel is associated with the pulmonary absorption of hexavalent chromium, which has genotoxic effects on germ cells in rodents...
- Interleukin-18 gene promoter polymorphisms and recurrent spontaneous abortionSirous Naeimi
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:5-9. 2006..IL-18 is detected at the materno-fetal interface very soon in early pregnancy. Two polymorphisms in the promoter region of the IL-18 gene at positions of -607 and -137 appear to have functional impacts...
- HLA-E polymorphism in patients with recurrent spontaneous abortionR Steffensen
Regional Centre for Blood Transfusion and Clinical Immunology, Aalborg Hospital, Denmark
Tissue Antigens 52:569-72. 1998..Since the HLA-E allele distribution was similar in women with recurrent spontaneous abortion and controls, it is suggested that maternal HLA-E polymorphism per se does not play any role in the ..
- Maternal smoking predicts the risk of spontaneous abortionAnn Nielsen
Department of Virus, Hormones and Cancer, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1057-65. 2006Few studies have examined smoking prior to pregnancy and the occurrence of spontaneous abortion, as most studies have addressed the risk of spontaneous abortion in relation to smoking during pregnancy...
- Negligible role of antibodies and C5 in pregnancy loss associated exclusively with C3-dependent mechanisms through complement alternative pathwayDailing Mao
Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Immunity 19:813-22. 2003..These findings provide significant insight into the role of the innate immune system in human pregnancy failure, a frequent clinical outcome...
- Uterine rupture of cesarean scar related to spontaneous abortion in the first trimesterKoji Matsuo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:34-6. 2004..Since uterine ruptures can occur during all gestational periods, it is important to pay attention to the uterine wall where any cesarean incision was previously made...
- Adrenomedullin and nitric oxide synthase at the maternal-decidual interface in early spontaneous abortionEmanuela Marinoni
Laboratory of Perinatal Medicine and Molecular Biology, Institute of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Reprod Med 49:153-61. 2004To investigate local and systemic nitric oxide (NO) and adrenomedullin (AM) production in spontaneous abortion.
- X-chromosome inactivation patterns in Korean women with idiopathic recurrent spontaneous abortionJin Woo Kim
Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Samsung Cheil Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:258-62. 2004Recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA) defines as two or more consecutive losses at < or = 20 weeks of gestation and affects an estimated 1 of every 100 couples wishing to have children. However, it remains a poorly understood phenomenon...
- Histologic, infectious, and molecular correlates of idiopathic spontaneous abortion and perinatal mortalityGerard J Nuovo
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 14:152-8. 2005..Placentas and corresponding neonatal tissues in 21 consecutive cases of idiopathic spontaneous abortion or perinatal death, before or within 2 days of birth, were tested for an infectious agent...
- The number of dichorionic twin pregnancies is reduced by the common MTHFR 677C-->T mutationU Hasbargen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Hum Reprod 15:2659-62. 2000..Our findings suggest that the MTHFR 677C-->T mutation interferes with human brood size, probably by influencing the proliferation of rapidly dividing embryonic and maternal cells...
- Maternal caffeine consumption and spontaneous abortion: a review of the epidemiologic evidenceLisa B Signorello
International Epidemiology Institute, 1455 Research Blvd, Suite 550, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Epidemiology 15:229-39. 2004..the 1980s, numerous studies have investigated whether caffeine intake during pregnancy affects the risk of spontaneous abortion. A clear consensus, however, has not been reached...
- Comparison of placental PTEN and beta1 integrin expression in early spontaneous abortion, early and late normal pregnancyCigdem Tokyol
Department of Pathology, Afyon Kocatepe University School of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Ups J Med Sci 113:235-42. 2008..PTEN inhibits beta1 integrin signaling. The objective of this study is to investigate the expression of PTEN and beta1 integrin in placental tissues of early spontaneous abortion and first and third trimesters of normal pregnancy.
- Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 expression and early spontaneous abortionX W Yu
Center of Maternal and Child Health, First Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, 710061 China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 88:44-8. 2005To compare tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) protein expression in women with unexplained early spontaneous abortion (UESA) and normal pregnancy.
- Work schedule during pregnancy and spontaneous abortionElizabeth A Whelan
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Epidemiology 18:350-5. 2007..There is inconsistent evidence as to whether work schedule (including rotating shifts and night work) can affect reproductive outcomes...
- A prospective study of maternal smoking and spontaneous abortionKirsten Wisborg
Perinatal Epidemiological Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:936-41. 2003Cigarette smoking has been considered a risk factor for spontaneous abortion, but conclusions from many studies may be impaired by methodological problems...
- Recurrent spontaneous abortion and skewed X-inactivation: is there an association?W Allen Hogge
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:384.e1-6; discussion 384.e6-8. 2007The purpose of this study was to determine whether there is an association between skewed X-inactivation and recurrent spontaneous abortion in a large, well-defined sample of women with recurrent loss.
- Caffeine intake and the risk of spontaneous abortionSven Cnattingius
Food Chem Toxicol 41:1202; author reply 1203. 2003
- Elevation of adipsin, a complement activating factor, in the mouse placenta during spontaneous abortionAi Takeshita
Laboratory of Laboratory Animal Science, Department of Integrated Structural Biosciences, Division of Veterinary Science, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Biosciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Osaka 598 8531, Japan
J Reprod Dev 56:508-14. 2010..We have examined specific gene profiles in mouse placentas causing spontaneous abortion and found notable up-regulation of adipsin, a complement activating factor...
- Changes of maternal ACTH and oxytocinase plasma concentrations during the first trimester of spontaneous abortionM Klimek
Department of Gynecology and Infertility, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:342-6. 2005The labor at term finishes normal pregnancy. Both labor at term and first trimester spontaneous abortion are connected with increasing cytotoxic immune response within decidua...
- IDO expression on decidual and peripheral blood dendritic cells and monocytes/macrophages after treatment with CTLA-4 or interferon-gamma increase in normal pregnancy but decrease in spontaneous abortionNaoko Miwa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 11:865-70. 2005..both IDO expression on DC and monocytes after IFN-gamma treatment or CTLA-4 treatment were decreased in spontaneous abortion cases...
- Maternal morbidity and mortality associated with interpregnancy interval: cross sectional studyA Conde-Agudelo
Latin American Centre for Perinatology and Human Development CLAP, Division of Health Promotion and Protection, Pan American Health Organisation, World Health Organisation, Montevideo, Uruguay
BMJ 321:1255-9. 2000..To study the impact of interpregnancy interval on maternal morbidity and mortality...
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network (U10)MARCELLE IVONNE CEDARS; Fiscal Year: 2013..apos;' RELEVANCE (See instructions): With increasing age, fertilitv declines and risk of spontaneous abortion increases...
- Validation of Novel Infertility BiomarkerPETER SUTOVSKY SUTOVSKY; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will examine how sperm SPTRX3 levels in male infertility patients correlate to a failure to conceive, to spontaneous abortion and to unwanted multiple births in their female partners treated by assisted reproductive therapies (ART)...
- Trophoblast MHC-I: Trigger for Immune-Mediated Rejection of Cloned Bovine FetusesKenneth L White; Fiscal Year: 2011..Both spontaneous abortion and preeclampsia, which is associated with abnormal placentation, occur at increased frequency in human and ..
- Preconception Nutrition, Endocrine Disruptors, Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Outcomes: menstrual disturbance, hormone dysfunction, time to conception, early pregnancy loss (EPL), spontaneous abortion (SAB), and birth outcomes (gestational age, birth weight, length, and head circumference);(3) Preconception ..
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJACK STROMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project is directly related to reproductive failure in women, i.e. recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA), some forms of infertility due to failure of implantation of the blastocyst, preeclampsia and fetal ..
- Development of a Univalent Vaccine Against Group B Streptococci InfectionStephen K Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Chorioamnionitis may lead to spontaneous abortion or stillbirth...
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJack L Strominger; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project is directly related to reproductive failure in women, i.e. recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA), some forms of infertility due to failure of implantation of the blastocyst, preeclampsia and fetal ..
- Development of a Yoga Intervention for Antenatal DepressionCynthia L Battle; Fiscal Year: 2012..Antenatal depression is linked to many adverse outcomes, including higher rates of spontaneous abortion, pre-eclampsia, operative delivery, postpartum depression, neonatal growth retardation, pre-term delivery, ..
- Luteal Progesterone Supplementation in Clomiphene Citrate-IUI CyclesKARL RICHARD HANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Secondary aims include evaluating differences in clinical pregnancy and spontaneous abortion rates in women treated with progesterone supplementation compared to women in the placebo control...
- Regulatory Costimulatory Pathways &Fetomaternal ToleranceIndira Guleria; Fiscal Year: 2012..complex mechanisms of fetomaternal tolerance has important implications for developing novel strategies to prevent or reduce spontaneous abortion in at-risk populations in particular and in general to have better transplant tolerance.
- Age and molecular mechanisms contributing to aneuploidy in oocytesRichard M Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2013..increases to 35% around 40 years-of-age, and is likely to be even higher because aneuploidy leading to a spontaneous abortion is frequently not recognized...
- The Immune Pathogenesis of Prenatal Listeria monocytogenes InfectionSing Sing Way; Fiscal Year: 2013..and cytomegalovirus each have a defined predisposition for prenatal infection that often results in spontaneous abortion or stillbirth...
- Meiotic Interactions of the RecA Homologue Dmc1Douglas K Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2013..in meiotic recombination cause chromosome non-disjunction and loss, both of which lead to birth defects and spontaneous abortion. Failure of recombinational repair in mitosis is implicated in the etiology of breast cancer and other ..
- Regulation of Chromosome Cohesion during Cell Cycle ProgressionSusannah Rankin; Fiscal Year: 2013..thought to underlie the maternal age-related increase in aneuploid eggs, a major cause of birth defects and spontaneous abortion. Sister chromatid cohesion is mediated by a large protein complex called cohesin...
- Vitamin D and the prevalence, incidence, and persistence of bacterial vaginosisAbigail Norris Turner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Pregnant women with BV have increased risks of spontaneous abortion, preterm labor, preterm birth, chorioamnionitis and other detrimental obstetric and gynecologic outcomes...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS CONTINUATION OF FOLLOW-UP OF DES-EXPOSED COHORTARTHUR HERBST; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. and Europe for the prevention of spontaneous abortion and premature delivery...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS CONTINUATION OF FOLLOW-UP OF DES-EXPOSED COHORTSLinda Titus Ernstoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. and Europe for the prevention of spontaneous abortion and premature delivery...
- Role of ICOS-B7h Regulatory Costimulatory Pathway in Fetomaternal ToleranceIndira Guleria; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the complex mechanisms of fetomaternal tolerance has important implications for developing novel strategies to prevent or reduce spontaneous abortion in at-risk populations in particular.
- Centromere identity and functionBen E Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..equal partitioning of chromosomes at cell division causes aneuploidy, a genetic catastrophe that results in spontaneous abortion or birth defects if it arises in the gametes and that is a major contributor to gene dosage imbalances in ..
- Molecular signaling in uterine receptivity to implantationSudhansu K Dey; Fiscal Year: 2013..More than 30% of conceptions result in spontaneous abortion with most losses occurring around the time of implantation due to an inadequate uterine milieu...
- Role of Host Cells in Invasive ListeriosisAnna Bakardjiev; Fiscal Year: 2013..Listeria monocytogenes (NIAID Category B Priority Pathogen), which causes pregnancy complications including spontaneous abortion, preterm labor, and neonatal disease...
- ASPECTS OF BLASTOCYST IMPLANTATIONSudhansu K Dey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Human reproduction is complex and not very efficient. More than 30% of conceptions result in spontaneous abortion with most losses occurring around the time of implantation due to an inappropriate uterine milieu...
- Array informatics to understand ploidy concordanceMatthew Rabinowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..as aneuploidy, and implantation of such embryos can lead to undesired outcomes such as failed implantation, spontaneous abortion, or birth of a trisomic offspring...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and testosterone in men; (4) fecundability; and (5) pregnancy outcomes including spontaneous abortion, preterm delivery, low birth weight and intrauterine growth retardation...
- Host-pathogen Interactions during Vertical Transmission of Listeria monocytogenesHOLLY ANN MORRISON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Placental infections across gestational ages can result in spontaneous abortion, neonatal infection, and maternal and fetal morbidity and mortality...
- Childhood Abuse and PTSD: Associations with Select Reproductive OutcomesSABRINA CHARISE SELK; Fiscal Year: 2011..exists between childhood maltreatment and adult pregnancy outcomes, such as, preterm delivery and spontaneous abortion. Furthermore, the relationship of psychopathology to reproductive outcomes will be explored, by assessing ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKSandra Carson; Fiscal Year: 1990..investigate definitively with sufficient power the role of progesterone deficiency (LPD) in the etiology of spontaneous abortion. In subjects having at least one spontaneous abortion we will further determine not only sensitivity and ..
- Comprehensive aneuploidy diagnosis in single cellsNury Steuerwald; Fiscal Year: 2005..normal and are often inadvertently transferred during IVF, leading to implantation failure or spontaneous abortion. Preimplantation screening of polar bodies (PBs) biopsied from oocytes allows normal oocytes to be ..
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory use and miscarriageKatherine E Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our objective is to examine prospectively the association of NSAID use with spontaneous abortion. We propose to enroll women who are planning a pregnancy and obtain daily diaries of medication use, ..
- HETEROGENEITY OF ESTROGEN RECEPTOR STRUCTURE AND ACTIONBeth Schachter; Fiscal Year: 1993..women with ER positive breast tumors, individuals carrying the variant gene had a much higher incidence of spontaneous abortion than did women who were homozygous for the more common allele...
- AMALGAM RESTORATIONS AND PREGNANCY OUTCOMESRichard Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1993..goal of this study is to determine whether restorations increase the risk that a pregnancy will end with a spontaneous abortion, stillbirth, low birth weight infant, or congenital abnormality...
- MERCURY AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH IN WOMEN DENTISTSDavid Savitz; Fiscal Year: 1992..is to determine if occupational mercury exposure affects the fecundability (time to pregnancy) or risk of spontaneous abortion for women dentists...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse pregnancy outcomes including spontaneous abortion (SAB), preterm delivery, low birth weight, and intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR)...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISEugene Pergament; Fiscal Year: 1990..in the identification of chromosomally abnormal conceptions; and, whether CVS is associated with spontaneous abortion and other complications of pregnancy such as infection, low birth weight, congenital malformations or other ..
- UTERINE NK CELLS IN PRIMATE PREGNANCYThaddeus G Golos; Fiscal Year: 2010..pilot data demonstrating that NK cell immunodepletion has a negative impact on pregnancy outcome, causing spontaneous abortion within a week after anti-CD16 or anti-CD8 treatment...
- NONINVASIVE MEASURES OF STRESS & REPRODUCTIVE STERIODSSamuel Wasser; Fiscal Year: 1991Reproductive failure, including infertility and spontaneous abortion, is a growing concern to society. Psychosocial stress may be a significant, but treatable cause of reproductive failure...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISDavid Ledbetter; Fiscal Year: 1990..two issues concerning CVS: 1) What is the risk? Specifically, is CVS associated with an increased rate of spontaneous abortion, pregnancy complications, or physical or developmental risk to the fetus? 2) Is the laboratory data from ..
- ROTATING SHIFTWORK AND REPRODUCTIVE OUTCOMESXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2000..Reproductive endpoints will include menstrual disturbance, time to conception, spontaneous abortion, preterm delivery, and low birthweight...
- TIME-DEPENDENT EFFECT OF ALCOHOL ON SPONTANEOUS ABORTIONGayle Windham; Fiscal Year: 1993..is to assess the effect of moderate alcohol consumption at different stages of pregnancy on the risk of spontaneous abortion (SAB), using a unique data base...
- THE GENETIC ETIOLOGY OF HYPOPLASTIC LEFT HEART SYNDROMEPeter Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2004..neonatal presentation of the spectrum of left heart obstructive diseases, which includes first trimester spontaneous abortion, HLHS, aortic and mitral stenosis, coarctation and bicuspid aortic valve...
- Novel 3-D Model of Placental Cytomegalovirus InfectionCindy Morris; Fiscal Year: 2006..can have catastrophic consequences not only on the neonate, but also on pregnancy outcome, including spontaneous abortion, intrauterine growth restriction and pre-eclampsia...
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX PRODUCTION BY UTERINE FIBROIDSROMANA NOWAK; Fiscal Year: 1993..with symptoms that include pelvic pain or pressure, excessive menstrual bleeding, infertility and spontaneous abortion. Leiomyomas appear to be estrogen/progesterone dependent but it is not clear how these ovarian steroids ..
- PERINATAL POLYDRUG ABUSE--COCAINE AND DRUG INTERACTIONSHISAYO MORISHIMA; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Spontaneous abortion, abruptio placentae, premature labor, or a ruptured membrane related to cocaine abuse are no longer ..
- Mechanism of Meiotic Pairing in DrosophilaBRUCE MCKEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Errors in segregation lead to aneuploidy and are major causes of genetic disease and spontaneous abortion in humans. Meiosis consists of two divisions preceded by a single round of DNA replication...
- GENETIC AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF HUMAN CHROMOSOME 21David Patterson; Fiscal Year: 1991..of major mental retardation in the United States and a significant cause of congenital heart disease and spontaneous abortion. Down syndrome individuals are at increased risk for diseases which occur in the general population such as ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR NONDISJUNCTION DATAHongyu Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2001Chromosome imbalance is the leading known cause of mental retardation, spontaneous abortion, and congenital heart defects in human...
- LEAD, ENDOCRINE DISRUPTION AND REPRODUCTIVE OUTCOMESXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2000..Reproductive endpoints will include menstrual disturbance, time to conception, spontaneous abortion, preterm delivery, and low birth weight...
- Childhood Abuse and PTSD: The Impact on Preterm Delivery and Spontaneous AbortionSABRINA SELK; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOLECULAR GENETIC STUDIES OF RECURRENT PREGNANCY LOSSEric Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The frequency of clinically recognized spontaneous abortion in the general population has been estimated to range between 15 and 20 percent of all recognized ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PREGNANCY IN HUMANSThomas Gill; Fiscal Year: 1991..immunogenetics of an apparently anomalous transplantation situation and into the pathogenesis of chronic spontaneous abortion and developmental anomalies...
- Treatment-Seeking for Depression Among Pregnant WomenCynthia Battle; Fiscal Year: 2009..linked with numerous adverse consequences for mothers and developing infants, including higher rates of spontaneous abortion, preeclampsia, operative delivery, and postpartum depression...
- CELLULAR IMMUNITY--RECURRENT SPONTANEOUS ABORTIONJoseph Hill; Fiscal Year: 1991..The underlying hypothesis of this project is that recurrent spontaneous abortion is mediated by cellular immune mechanisms in a subgroup of women with otherwise unexplained etiology...
- OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS IN WOMEN AND ADVERSE BIRTH OUTCOMESLaura Punnett; Fiscal Year: 1999..position) upon the risk of antenatal, perinatal, and newborn specific outcomes such as early fetal loss, spontaneous abortion, and low birth weight infants...
- SIGNALING PATHWAYS MEDIATING TROPHOBLAST PROLIFERATIONDaniel Rappolee; Fiscal Year: 2005..proliferation or an imbalance between proliferation and differentiation may lead to pre-edampsia, IUGR or spontaneous abortion early after implantation of the embryo into the uterus, the time when most human conceptuses are lost...
- 2004 TERATOLOGY SOCIETY MEETINGS: TRAVEL FOR STUDENTSThomas Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..cover: Neurobehavioral outcomes of common exposures; toxicokinetics and metabolism; perinatal epidemiology-spontaneous abortion; and computational systems biology and implications for developmental toxicology...
- HERPES & STIGMABaruch Fischhoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..Determining the role of BV in spontaneous abortion will allow establishment of interventions to decrease the fetal loss associated with second trimester ..
- Therapeutic Strategy for Recurrent Spontaneous AbortionDarryl Carter; Fiscal Year: 2005Recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA) is a serious medical condition that affects approximately 1-3% of reproductive age women. At present, there is no FDA approved treatment for RSA...
- TROPHOBLAST CELLSMichael Soares; Fiscal Year: 1992..with trophoblast cell growth, differentiation, or function result in impaired embryonic development of spontaneous abortion. Internationally recognized developmental and cell biologists as well as molecular endocrinologists ..
- MOUSE DEVELOPMENTAL MUTANTS DERIVED BY GENE TARGETINGMario Capecchi; Fiscal Year: 1993..of human birth defects as well as human infertility problems resulting from early embryonic wastage and spontaneous abortion. Gene targeting, the homologous recombination of DNA sequences residing in the chromosome with newly ..