Genomes and Genes
Summary: A syndrome of HEMOLYSIS, elevated liver ENZYMES, and low blood platelets count (THROMBOCYTOPENIA). HELLP syndrome is observed in pregnant women with PRE-ECLAMPSIA or ECLAMPSIA who also exhibit LIVER damage and abnormalities in BLOOD COAGULATION.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Diagnosis, controversies, and management of the syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet countBaha M Sibai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:981-91. 2004..The diagnosis of HELLP syndrome requires the presence of hemolysis based on examination of the peripheral smear, elevated indirect bilirubin ..
- Induction of labour versus expectant monitoring for gestational hypertension or mild pre-eclampsia after 36 weeks' gestation (HYPITAT): a multicentre, open-label randomised controlled trialCorine M Koopmans
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Centre, Groningen, Netherlands
Lancet 374:979-88. 2009..We investigated whether induction of labour in women with a singleton pregnancy complicated by gestational hypertension or mild pre-eclampsia reduces severe maternal morbidity...
- Microarray profiling reveals that placental transcriptomes of early-onset HELLP syndrome and preeclampsia are similarT Varkonyi
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Placenta 32:S21-9. 2011The involvement of the placenta in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome is well established, and placental lesions are also similar in these two syndromes...
- Preeclampsia: a renal perspectiveS Ananth Karumanchi
Renal Division and Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Kidney Int 67:2101-13. 2005....
- Pathogenesis of the syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count (HELLP): a reviewUlrich Abildgaard
Department of Haematology, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 166:117-23. 2013..This review concerns the pathogenetic mechanisms of HELLP syndrome with an emphasis on differences between HELLP and early onset PE. The syndromes show a familial tendency...
- Membrane cofactor protein mutations in atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), fatal Stx-HUS, C3 glomerulonephritis, and the HELLP syndromeCelia J Fang
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Blood 111:624-32. 2008..Both the R69W and A304V MCP mutations were deficient in their ability to control the alternative pathway of complement activation on a cell surface, illustrating the importance of modeling transmembrane proteins in situ...
- Soluble endoglin in preeclamptic patients with or without HELLP syndromeAlexandre Hertig
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:594.e1-4. 2010..Recently soluble endoglin (sEng) was identified as a cause of the appearance of schistocytes and liver pathology in an animal model of preeclampsia (PE)...
- Spontaneous acute subdural haematoma and intracerebral haemorrhage in patient with HELLP syndrome: case reportH Yokota
Department of Neurosurgery, Higashiosaka City General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 151:1689-92. 2009..of the acute subdural haematoma and a caesarean section, were performed, during which a diagnosis of HELLP syndrome with disseminated intravascular coagulation was made...
- Maternal factor V Leiden mutation is associated with HELLP syndrome in Caucasian womenSabine Muetze
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:635-42. 2008..the prevalence of the factor V Leiden, the prothrombin 20210G >A mutation and the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C >T polymorphism in women with HELLP syndrome and in their fetuses from the same index pregnancy.
- Apoptosis, proliferation and Fas ligand expression in placental trophoblast from pregnancies complicated by HELLP syndrome or pre-eclampsiaIvana Kuzmic Prusac
Department of Pathology, Forensic Medicine and Cytology, Clinical Hospital Centre Split, Spinciceva 1, Split, Croatia
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1157-63. 2011..To investigate apoptosis, proliferation and Fas ligand expression of placental trophoblast in the hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets (HELLP) syndrome and in pre-eclampsia (PE), and to compare this with normal pregnancies...
- Placental apoptosis in preeclampsia, intrauterine growth retardation, and HELLP syndrome: an immunohistochemical study with caspase-3 and bcl-2U Cali
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 40:45-8. 2013To examine the placental expression of caspase-3 and bcl-2 in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia, IUGR, and HELLP syndrome.
- Outcomes of subsequent pregnancy after first pregnancy with early-onset preeclampsiaBas B van Rijn
Division of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:723-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to report outcome of subsequent pregnancy after early-onset preeclampsia in first pregnancy, and to evaluate potential risk factors for recurrence of preeclampsia and preterm delivery...
- Molecular genetics of preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome - a reviewJiska Jebbink
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1960-9. 2012..At least 178 genes have been described in relation to preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome. Confined placental mosaicism (CPM) is documented to cause early onset preeclampsia in some cases; the overall ..
- High frequency of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677TT genotype in Hungarian HELLP syndrome patients determined by quantitative real-time PCRB Nagy
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Hum Hypertens 21:154-8. 2007..We conducted our experiments on isolated DNA samples of 73 healthy pregnant, 101 severe pre-eclamptic and 63 HELLP syndrome women in this study. The MTHFR C677T polymorphism was determined by quantitative real-time PCR method...
- Reduced pseudocholinesterase activity in patients with HELLP syndromeSamuel Lurie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Reprod Sci 14:192-6. 2007The authors previously reported a case of decreased pseudocholinesterase activity in a patient with HELLP syndrome. It was assumed that the reduced pseudocholinesterase activity in HELLP syndrome is associated with impaired liver function...
- Preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome: impaired mitochondrial function in umbilical endothelial cellsSabine Illsinger
Department of Pediatric Kidney, Liver and Metabolic Diseases, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Sci 17:219-26. 2010..may argue for the association of noncongenital alterations of mitochondrial energy metabolism with PE/HELLP syndrome. We studied human umbilical vein endothelial cells [HUVEC] as selected part of the feto-placental unit from ..
- The HELLP syndrome: clinical issues and management. A ReviewKjell Haram
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:8. 2009The HELLP syndrome is a serious complication in pregnancy characterized by haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count occurring in 0.5 to 0.9% of all pregnancies and in 10-20% of cases with severe preeclampsia...
- Syncytin, a novel human endogenous retroviral gene in human placenta: evidence for its dysregulation in preeclampsia and HELLP syndromeIna Knerr
Department of Pediatrics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:210-3. 2002..We tested the hypothesis of whether the gene expression of syncytin may be altered in cases with placental dysfunction such as preeclampsia or HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets) syndrome...
- Placental protein 13 (galectin-13) has decreased placental expression but increased shedding and maternal serum concentrations in patients presenting with preterm pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndromeNandor Gabor Than
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, 27 Baross Street, 1088, Budapest, Hungary
Virchows Arch 453:387-400. 2008..of the syncytiotrophoblast microvillous membrane was stronger in both term and preterm pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome than in controls...
- The HELLP syndrome in the antiphospholipid syndrome: retrospective study of 16 cases in 15 womenD Le Thi Thuong
Departments of Internal Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Ann Rheum Dis 64:273-8. 2005..To study the characteristics of the haemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets (HELLP) syndrome in the antiphospholipid syndrome (APS) and its influence on the subsequent pregnancies...
- Eclampsia following cesarean section with HELLP syndrome and multiple organ failureShun Ming Chan
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Defense Medical Center, 325 Section 2 Cheng Gong Road, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 46:46-8. 2008....
- Partial HELLP Syndrome: maternal and perinatal outcomeJoelcio Francisco Abbade
Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 120:180-4. 2002b>HELLP syndrome is a severe complication of pregnancy characterized by hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count...
- Characteristic laboratory changes in pregnancies complicated by HELLP syndromePetronella Hupuczi
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Hypertens Pregnancy 26:389-401. 2007b>HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count) is a severe, life-threatening form of preeclampsia...
- [Coma caused by hypermagnesemia in a pregnant woman complicated with HELLP syndrome]Kentaro Hayashi
Department of Anesthesiology, University of the Ryukyus Faculty of Medicine, Okinawa 903 0215
Masui 52:783-5. 2003This case report describes a pregnant woman with acute renal failure, caused by aggravation of HELLP syndrome, who developed coma induced by overdose of continuous magnesium sulfate administration for eclampsia...
- [Analysis of maternal morbidity and mortality among patients admitted to Obstetric Intensive Care with severe preeclampsia, eclampsia or HELLP syndrome]E Curiel-Balsera
Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos Maternal, Hospital Regional Universitario Carlos Haya, Malaga, Espana
Med Intensiva 35:478-83. 2011..To describe the incidence and clinical and epidemiological profile of patients with severe preeclampsia admitted to Intensive Care...
- Factor V Leiden and factor II G20210A in preeclampsia and HELLP syndromeChiara Benedetto
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Turin, Via Baiardi 43, 10126 Turin, Italy
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:1095-100. 2002..The results, however, are still inconclusive and contradictory...
- HELLP syndrome: the experience at Ile-Ife, NigeriaO N Makinde
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 29:195-9. 2009..A total of 26 (76.5%) of the patients were unbooked, six (17.6%) of the 34 cases developed HELLP syndrome. Four (33%) of the 12 eclamptics developed HELLP syndrome, while only one (10%) of the cases of imminent ..
- Placenta-derived CD95 ligand causes liver damage in hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count syndromeSusanne Strand
Department of Internal Medicine I, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Gastroenterology 126:849-58. 2004..The interaction of CD95 with its ligand, CD95L(FasL), induces apoptosis and thus the source of the death-inducing ligand is critical for understanding the pathomechanism of liver damage involving the CD95-system...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphisms in preeclampsia and the HELLP syndromeP L Zusterzeel
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hypertens Pregnancy 19:299-307. 2000..For a summary estimation of the risk of the 677 (C --> T) polymorphism for preeclampsia, we also performed a meta-analysis on four previously published case-control studies to which our results were added...
- Placental protein 13 (PP13/galectin-13) undergoes lipid raft-associated subcellular redistribution in the syncytiotrophoblast in preterm preeclampsia and HELLP syndromeAndrea Balogh
Immunology Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Am J Obstet Gynecol 205:156.e1-14. 2011To investigate placental protein 13 (PP13) localization in relation to cytoskeleton and lipid rafts in preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.
- Cost-effectiveness of recurrence risk guided care versus care as usual in women who suffered from early-onset preeclampsia including HELLP syndrome in their previous pregnancy (the PreCare study)Denise H J Delahaije
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Medical Technology Assessment, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:60. 2010Preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome may have serious consequences for both mother and fetus. Women who have suffered from preeclampsia or the HELLP syndrome, have an increased risk of developing preeclampsia in a subsequent pregnancy...
- A high LDH to AST ratio helps to differentiate pregnancy-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) from HELLP syndromeSharon D Keiser
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:1059-63. 2012Differentiating between pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome and pregnancy-associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is difficult but important in order to undertake timely and potentially life-saving plasma exchange (PEX) therapy for ..
- Eculizumab for the treatment of preeclampsia/HELLP syndromeR M Burwick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Placenta 34:201-3. 2013..We describe a patient presenting with severe preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome at 26 weeks gestation that was treated with Eculizumab, a targeted inhibitor of complement protein C5, which ..
- Hellp syndrome and composite major maternal morbidity: importance of Mississippi classification systemJames N Martin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 26:1201-6. 2013We explored the prevalence of Composite Major Maternal Morbidity (CMMM) for patients with severe preeclampsia (SPRE) and each class or category of HELLP syndrome.
- Milestones in the quest for best management of patients with HELLP syndrome (microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, thrombocytopenia)James Nello Martin
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 121:202-7. 2013In the 3 decades since the original description and naming of the dangerous pregnancy complication called HELLP syndrome, many milestones have been passed in pursuit of a better understanding of the disorder and its best management...
- Vasospasms are characteristic in cases with eclampsia/preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome: proposal of an angiospastic syndrome of pregnancyT Kobayashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Shizuoka, Japan
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:131-5. 2001We attempted to prove the occurrence of generalized vasospasms in cases with eclampsia/preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome and to suggest the existence of an angiospastic syndrome of pregnancy...
- General anesthesia with remifentanil for Cesarean section in a patient with HELLP syndromeF Richa
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Hotel Dieu de France Hospital, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:418-20. 2005b>HELLP syndrome is a severe complication of pre-eclampsia characterised by hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and a low platelet count. It is associated with an increased risk of adverse outcome for both the mother and the fetus...
- Intracranial subdural hematoma following dural puncture in a parturient with HELLP syndromeTiberiu Ezri
Department of Anesthesiology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Can J Anaesth 49:820-3. 2002..To present a case of postpartum bilateral intracranial subdural hematoma after dural puncture during attempted epidural analgesia for labour...
- Biochemistry of HELLP syndromeChiara Benedetto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Adv Clin Chem 53:85-104. 2011The HELLP syndrome is a serious complication of pregnancy characterized by hemolysis (H), elevated liver (EL) enzymes, and low platelet (LP) count that occurs in 0.2-0...
- HELLP syndrome and its relationship with antiphospholipid syndrome and antiphospholipid antibodiesSimone Appenzeller
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medical Science, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Semin Arthritis Rheum 41:517-23. 2011..systematic review of the association between antiphospholipid antibodies, antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), and HELLP syndrome (Hemolysis; Elevated Liver enzymes; Low Platelet count), describing clinical features, outcome, ..
- Haptoglobin and its association with the HELLP syndromeM T M Raijmakers
J Med Genet 40:214-6. 2003
- Surgical treatment of HELLP syndrome-associated liver rupture -- an updateT Reck
Department of Surgery, , , Krankenhausstr. 12, D-91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 99:57-65. 2001In some 2% of the cases of the HELLP syndrome, severe spontaneous bleeding into the liver accompanied by haemorrhagic liver cell necrosis and rupture of the organ occurs and represents one of the main cause of death...
- A novel use of recombinant factor VIIa in HELLP syndrome associated with spontaneous hepatic rupture and abdominal compartment syndromeBenjamin W Dart
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga Unit, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403, USA
J Trauma 57:171-4. 2004
- HELLP syndrome, multiple liver infarctions, and intrauterine fetal death in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus and antiphospholipid syndromeYoko Wada
Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine II, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata
Intern Med 48:1555-8. 2009We report a case of HELLP syndrome, multiple liver infarctions, and intrauterine fetal death in a woman in the 17th week of pregnancy with SLE and APS who had been in remission on a regimen of low-dose prednisolone and aspirin...
- Maternal and fetal outcome of pregnancy complicated by HELLP syndromeTurki Gasem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:1140-3. 2009The study evaluated the maternal and fetal outcome in 64 pregnancies complicated by HELLP syndrome.
- Pregnancy complicated by pre-eclampsia-eclampsia with HELLP syndromeP Vigil-De Gracia
Gynecology and Obstetric Unit, Complejo Hospitalario Metropolitano de la Caja de Seguro Social, Panama, Panama
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 72:17-23. 2001....
- The 4G/5G polymorphism in the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene is not associated with HELLP syndromeSabine Muetze
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aachen University RWTH, Aachen, Germany
J Thromb Thrombolysis 27:141-5. 2009..investigated the role of the PAI-1 4G/5G polymorphism in pre-eclampsia, but no study has focused especially on HELLP syndrome. Therefore we aimed to assess the association between HELLP syndrome and the 4G/5G polymorphism in the PAI-1 ..
- Pseudocholinesterase deficiency associated with HELLP syndromeSamuel Lurie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Am J Perinatol 21:315-7. 2004..The pseudocholinesterase activity returned to normal with concomitant recovery of HELLP syndrome. This possible association is significant when general anesthesia is provided to patients with HELLP syndrome.
- Bone marrow necrosis and refractory HELLP syndrome in a patient with catastrophic antiphospholipid antibody syndromeJayashree Sinha
Albert Einstein College of Medicine and White Plains Medical Center Bronx New York, USA
J Rheumatol 29:195-7. 2002..This case illustrates a rarely recognized, potentially fatal complication of aPL in the setting of pregnancy...
- Anesthesia in pregnant women with HELLP syndromeP Vigil-De Gracia
Gynecology and Obstetric Unit, Complejo Hospitalario Metropolitano de la Caja de Seguro Social, Panama, Panama
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 74:23-7. 2001Our purpose was to determine the types of anesthesia and neurologic or hematologic complications found in pregnancy with HELLP syndrome providing analgesia for cesarean section.
- [Importance of thrombocytopenia for the management of HELLP syndrome: a report of 104 cases]E Roussillon
Service de Gynécologie et d Obstétrique B, CHU Pellegrin, Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:541-8. 2003To evaluate the importance of thrombocytopenia in the management of HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelet count).
- Bilateral serous retinal detachment as a complication of HELLP syndromeP G Tranos
Eye (Lond) 16:491-2. 2002
- The HELLP syndrome, antiphospholipid antibodies, and syndromesRonald A Asherson
Clin Rheumatol 27:1-4. 2008
- Influence of the vascular endothelial growth factor on the development of severe pre-eclampsia or HELLP syndromeStefanie Bussen
University Hospital of Mannheim, Rathausstr 25, 68519 Viernheim, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:551-7. 2011..vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in patients whose pregnancies were complicated by pre-eclampsia or HELLP syndrome with those of healthy pregnant controls and to study its relationship with the hormonal and nutritive function ..
- No association of polymorphisms in the glutathione S-transferase genes with pre-eclampsia, eclampsia and HELLP syndrome in a Turkish populationMeral Cetin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 31:236-41. 2005..glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) contributes to individual differences in susceptibility to pre-eclampsia, eclampsia, or hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP syndrome).
- [Liver involvement in HELLP syndrome: CT appearance]R Baulard
J Radiol 84:718-9. 2003
- Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) codon 54 gene polymorphism protects against development of pre-eclampsia, HELLP syndrome and pre-eclampsia-associated intrauterine growth restrictionI Sziller
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Faculty of Medicine, Budapest, Hungary
Mol Hum Reprod 13:281-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to test the association between an MBL polymorphism and pre-eclampsia, HELLP syndrome and IUGR...
- Atypical case of reversible posterior leucoencephalopathy syndrome associated with puerperal HELLP syndromeWei Xia Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nippon Medical School Musashikosugi Hospital, 1 396 Kosugi cho, 211 8533, Kanagawa, 211 8533, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:269-71. 2008..Cases of postpartum RPLS without involvement of posterior brain regions after eclampsia complicated by HELLP syndrome are very rare. Patients with RPLS do not always show typical manifestations.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder following preeclampsia and HELLP syndromeM G van Pampus
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 25:183-7. 2004..systematic research has been performed regarding the psychological consequences of severe preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome, although it would seem obvious that these conditions may have a great effect The combination of suffering a ..
- Placental CoQ10 levels in HELLP syndromeStefano R Giannubilo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Polytechnic University of the Marche, Ancona, Italy
Biofactors 25:159-63. 2005Oxidative stress is considered a key factor in HELLP syndrome, a severe complication of preeclampsia in pregnancy...
- Dexamethasone compared with betamethasone for glucocorticoid treatment of postpartum HELLP syndromeC M Isler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, NC, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 80:291-7. 2003..To compare the efficacy of dexamethasone and betamethasone to ameliorate the course of postpartum hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets (HELLP) syndrome...
- Diagnosis and management of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets syndromeJohn R Barton
Central Baptist Hospital, Perinatal Diagnostic Center, 1740 Nicholasville Road, Lexington, KY 40503 1499, USA
Clin Perinatol 31:807-33, vii. 2004..purpura may present with signs, symptoms, and laboratory abnormalities that may be confused with HELLP syndrome. Thorough investigation is warranted because of the differences in proper management among these various ..
- Seven placental transcripts characterize HELLP-syndromeM Buimer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Placenta 29:444-53. 2008..in gene expression between placental tissue obtained from normotensive pregnant women and women with PE and HELLP syndrome. Firstly, comparison of Serial Analysis of Gene Expression profiles of 28 weeks' control placenta (available ..
- Recombinant factor VIIa in management of spontaneous subcapsular liver hematoma associated with pregnancyShakil H Merchant
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:1055-8. 2004..Spontaneous subcapsular liver hemorrhage is a rare but life-threatening complication of pregnancy. Optimal management of an expanding hematoma or ruptured capsule has not been established...
- Permanent visual deficits secondary to the HELLP syndromeMarjorie A Murphy
Department of Ophthalmology, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, APC 7, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Neuroophthalmol 25:122-7. 2005..In nearly all cases of preeclampsia or eclampsia, visual deficits are reversible. The superimposition of the HELLP syndrome may create more neurologic damage...
- Prediction of HELLP syndrome with assessment of maternal dual hepatic blood supply by using Doppler ultrasoundIkuno Kawabata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tama Nagayama Hospital, Nippon Medical School, 1 7 1 Nagayama, Tama City, Tokyo 206 8512, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:303-9. 2006..Our objective was to assess whether the evaluation of maternal hepatic blood supply is instructive to the prediction of onset of HELLP syndrome.
- Dexamethasone treatment does not improve the outcome of women with HELLP syndrome: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trialJavier E Fonseca
School of Public Health, Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1591-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the efficacy of dexamethasone for treatment of HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count) syndrome...
- [Management of the HELLP syndrome]G Beucher
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, CHU de Caen, avenue Clemenceau, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:1175-90. 2008..The evolution of those parameters is a major prognostic factor. With the HELLP syndrome, maternal morbidity is dramatically increased compared to isolated preeclampsia with complications such as ..
- [HELLP syndrome and ruptured subcapsular hepatic haematoma. Case report and therapeutic options]G Seren
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Hopital Nord, CHU de Saint Etienne, 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 02, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:1067-9. 2006We report a case of spontaneous hepatic rupture secondary to HELLP syndrome. A favourable evolution was observed after massive transfusion and surgical management limited to hepatic packing...
- The use of angiogenic biomarkers to differentiate non-HELLP related thrombocytopenia from HELLP syndromeBrett Young
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:366-70. 2010....
- Long-term maternal and subsequent pregnancy outcomes 5 years after hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP) syndromeMounira Habli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bethesda North Hospital, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:385.e1-5. 2009..To evaluate subsequent pregnancy outcome and impact of gestational age at onset of HELLP on long-term prognosis after HELLP over an average follow-up of 5 years..
- Spinal subarachnoid hematoma following spinal anesthesia in a patient with HELLP syndromeS Koyama
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Specific Organ Regulation, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Int J Obstet Anesth 19:87-91. 2010A case of subarachnoid hematoma following spinal anesthesia for cesarean section in a patient with HELLP syndrome is reported...
- HELLP syndrome: a rare, early presentation at 17 weeks of gestationEran Bornstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:525-7. 2007..This condition has been reported in only few cases, and always in conjunction with other comorbidities such as fetal triploidy and the antiphospholipid syndrome...
- Subsequent pregnancy outcome in women with a history of HELLP syndrome at < or = 28 weeks of gestationMark C Chames
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0526, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1504-7; discussion 1507-8. 2003....
- Antiphospholipid syndrome: a predisposing factor for early onset HELLP syndromePanagiotis Tsirigotis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Propaudeutic, University of Athens, Attikon General University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Rheumatol Int 28:171-4. 2007..report, we describe a 33-year-old pregnant woman with previously known primary APS who developed early onset HELLP syndrome during the 15th week of gestation...
- The role of plasma exchange in HELLP syndromeBulent Eser
Department of Hematology, Erciyes University School of Medicine, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 11:211-7. 2005..There is no prospective study regarding plasma exchange and its effect in HELLP syndrome. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of early postpartum use of plasma exchange in patients ..
- Maternal and perinatal outcome in pregnancies complicated with hypertensive disorder of pregnancy: a seven year experience of a tertiary care centerGulseren Yucesoy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Kocaeli, Kocaeli, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 273:43-9. 2005..The aim of the study was to determine the risk factors, prevalance, epidemiological parameters and maternal-perinatal outcome in pregnant women with hypertensive disorder...
- Successful management of a pregnant woman with HELLP syndrome, pulmonary edema, postpartum hemorrhage and acute renal failure, using early hemodialysis, intravenous immunoglobulin and noninvasive monitoring: a case reportFu Nan Cho
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Reprod Med 52:661-3. 2007b>HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets) with medical complications is a major cause of maternal mortality in pregnancy. A vicious cycle may occur without expeditious delivery and proper management.
- Hyperreactio luteinalis could be a risk factor for development of HELLP syndrome: case reportOzren Grgic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital for Tumors, Zagreb, Croatia
Fertil Steril 90:2008.e13-6. 2008..To report a unique case of hyperreactio luteinalis in pregnancy associated with ovarian torsion and subsequent development of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count (HELLP) syndrome...
- Leptin gene (TTTC)(n) microsatellite polymorphism in pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndromeBalint Nagy
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:1033-7. 2009....
- Postpartum heparin therapy for patients with the syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP) is associated with significant hemorrhagic complicationsLaura Detti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Perinatol 25:236-40. 2005..To compare the outcome of two groups of 16 patients with hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelets (HELLP) syndrome treated with heparin therapy or treated conservatively in the postpartum period...
- Corticosteroids, pregnancy, and HELLP syndrome: a reviewP J van Runnard Heimel
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol Surv 60:57-70; quiz 73-4. 2005..of corticosteroids was introduced in the treatment of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP syndrome), a severe form of preeclampsia unique to human pregnancy...
- Perinatal outcomes in severe preeclampsia-eclampsia with and without HELLP syndromeAhmet Gul
Maternal and Fetal Unit, Istanbul SSK Bakirkoy Women and Children Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:113-8. 2005Our purpose was to find out and compare perinatal outcomes in pregnancies complicated by severe preeclampsia-eclampsia with and without HELLP syndrome.
- HELLP syndrome: the state of the artJason K Baxter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fellow, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 59:838-45. 2004..These are the uniqueness of the disease to humans, the progressive nature of the disease, and the fact that delivery is the sole therapy...
- Oxidative stress and proinflammatory cytokine levels are increased in premature neonates of preeclamptic mothers with HELLP syndromeHelen L Torrance
Perinatal Center, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neonatology 94:138-42. 2008..RDS and HELLP syndrome have been associated with oxidative stress and inflammatory processes.
- HELLP syndrome - a multisystemic disorderDan Mihu
Clinic of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 16:419-24. 2007b>HELLP syndrome is a multisystemic disorder with an incidence of 0.17-0.85% of all pregnancies. Its etiopathogenesis is not completely understood...
- [Corticosteroids in the treatment of HELLP-syndrome?]Rune Svenningsen
Kvinneklinikken, Sykehuset Telemark, 3710 Skien
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:2253-6. 2006..These patients have a high incidence of maternal morbidity and mortality. Several studies have shown benefits to HELLP patients after administration of corticosteroids...
- Maternal TLR4 and NOD2 gene variants, pro-inflammatory phenotype and susceptibility to early-onset preeclampsia and HELLP syndromeBas B van Rijn
Division of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 3:e1865. 2008..allelic variants of the innate immune receptors Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2), that impair the inflammatory response to endotoxin, are related to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.
- Maternal outcome in HELLP syndrome requiring intensive care management in a Turkish hospitalMehmet Armagan Osmanagaoglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Sao Paulo Med J 124:85-9. 2006..Our purpose was to determine maternal outcome in pregnancies complicated by HELLP syndrome (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count) that required intensive care management.
- An unusual case of elevated liver enzymes (2006: 10b). Hepatic necrosis following HELLP syndromeO Buckley
Department of Radiology, Adelaide and Meath Hospitals incorporating the National Children s Hospital AMNCH, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Eur Radiol 17:289-91. 2007b>HELLP syndrome is a form of severe pre-eclampsia with multisystem involvement. Laboratory markers include haemolysis (H), elevated liver enzymes (EL), and low platelets (LP)...
- Neonatal outcome after preterm delivery in HELLP syndromeHye Yeon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:393-8. 2006The present study compares neonatal outcome after preterm delivery of infants in pregnancies complicated by the HELLP syndrome or severe preeclampsia (PS)...
- Corticosteroids for the syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP): what evidence?A C Vidaeff
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Minerva Ginecol 59:183-90. 2007..administration, either antepartum or postpartum, does not improve the outcome of pregnancies affected by HELLP syndrome. The risks associated with such an approach, especially in fetuses manifesting growth restriction and absent ..
- Understanding and managing HELLP syndrome: the integral role of aggressive glucocorticoids for mother and childJames N Martin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:914-34. 2006Antepartum or postpartum HELLP syndrome constitutes an obstetric emergency that requires expert knowledge and management skills...
- Postpartum hepatic rupture and retroperitoneal hematoma associated with HELLP syndromeYinon Gilboa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:219-20. 2006
- Moderate to severe thrombocytopenia during pregnancyMichal Parnas
Faculty of Health Science, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:163-8. 2006..The objective was to investigate obstetric risk factors, complications, and outcomes of pregnancies complicated by moderate to severe thrombocytopenia...
- Addition of platelet transfusions to corticosteroids does not increase the recovery of severe HELLP syndromePaulino Vigil-De Gracia
Obstetric Intensive Unit, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Complejo Hospitalario Arnulfo Arias Madrid Caja de Seguro Social, Apartado Postal 87 32 24, Zona 7, Panama
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:194-8. 2006..The objective was to evaluate the effect of dexamethasone and platelet transfusion treatment on recovery in patients with class 1 hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelets (HELLP) syndrome...
- Do antiphospholipid antibodies cause preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome?Erin A S Clark
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 North 1900 East, Room 2B200 SOM, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 9:219-25. 2007..Current evidence does not justify inclusion of preeclampsia as a major criterion for APS, but preeclampsia could reasonably be included as a secondary or minor criterion in diagnosis when a patient has other clinical features of APS...
- Abdominal imaging features of HELLP syndrome: a 10-year retrospective reviewJohn O Nunes
Department of Radiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia Hospitals and Physicians, 1101 E Marshall St, Sanger Hall, Rm 4 050, PO Box 980470, Richmond, VA 23298 0470, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1205-10. 2005..CONCLUSION: The abdominal imaging features of HELLP syndrome include intraparenchymal and perihepatic hematomas and hemoperitoneum as noted on sonography, CT, and ..
- Syndrome of hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count: a severe consequence of hypertension in pregnancy. 1982Louis Weinstein
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:859; discussion 860. 2005
- Risk factors for post-partum complications occurring after preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. A study in 453 consecutive pregnanciesPhilippe Deruelle
Clinique d obstétrique, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, 1 rue Eugène Avinée, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:59-65. 2006To evaluate complications that occurred during the post-partum period for patients with preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome.
- Placental expression of nitric oxide synthase during HELLP syndrome: the correlation with maternal-fetal Doppler velocimetryAndrea L Tranquilli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Salesi Hospital via Corridoni 11, 60123 Ancona, Italy
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:849-53. 2005..To correlate Doppler waveform of the uterine and umbilical vessels to placental nitric oxide synthase (NOS) expression in pregnant women with HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, low platelets count) syndrome...
- Novel ex-vivo Immunoadsorption Therapy to Treat PreeclampsiaWoo Joo; Fiscal Year: 2013..of hypertension and proteinuria and can lead to more serious complications, such as seizure (eclampsia) and HELLP syndrome associated with systemic organ failure and death...
- Proteomics: A Novel Approach to Predicting PreeclampsiaMICHAEL ESPLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..that proteomics may be used to define and characterize the differences between subtypes of PE including HELLP syndrome, severe preeclampsia and mild preeclampsia...
- TGF-BETA1, RENAL DISEASE AND HYPERTENSIONPhyllis August; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Angiogenesis-related gene products in preeclampsiaS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2008..These focused studies will form the beginnings of a framework for understanding the role of angiogenesis-related gene products in pathogenesis of PE and for exploring novel avenues for the treatment of PE. ..
- PLACENTAL CARNITINE: ROLE IN FETAL DEVELOPMENTPrem Shekhawat; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of VEGF in Glomerular Endothelial Health & DiseasesS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Protein Biomarker Analysis of Mucolipidosis IVMarsha Browning; Fiscal Year: 2006..This may improve phenotyping of the gastrointestinal pathophysiology in MLIV and guide future research and treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Placental Gene Expression Profile in PreeclampsiaS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ROLE OF TGF BETA 1 IN RENAL CANCERS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..New methodologies the applicant will learn include RNA gel shifts, RNase protection assays, UV crosslinking, mutagenesis, mutation analysis, animal work and immunohistochemistry. ..
- Cognitive dysfunction in neuropsychiatric-SLEMichael Lockshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Successful completion of this research will redefine the pathogenesis of cognitive dysfunction and suggest therapeutic targets for intervention...
- LIVER RESPONSE TO LPS--ROLE OF LBP AND CD14Grace Su; Fiscal Year: 2003..II. Determine the mechanism by which LBP and CD14 accelerate ingestion of Gram-negative bacteria. III. Determine the mechanisms by which LBP/CD14 mediated KC activation promote bacterial killing. ..