Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potentially life-threatening condition in which the EMBRYO implants outside the cavity of the UTERUS. Most ectopic pregnancies (>96%) occur in the FALLOPIAN TUBES, known as TUBAL PREGNANCY. They can be in other locations, such as UTERINE CERVIX; OVARY; and abdominal cavity (PREGNANCY, ABDOMINAL).
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications356 found, 100 shown here
- The value of a single combined measurement of VEGF, glycodelin, progesterone, PAPP-A, HPL and LIF for differentiating between ectopic and abnormal intrauterine pregnancyA Daponte
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Thessalia, Larissa, Greece
Hum Reprod 20:3163-6. 2005..the novel placental markers pregnancy-associated plasmaprotein A (PAPP-A), human placental lactogen (HPL) and leukaemia inhibiting factor (LIF) differ in ectopic pregnancy (EP) when compared with abnormal intrauterine pregnancy (aIUP).
- Ectopic pregnancy within a cesarean scar: a reviewDonald L Fylstra
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 57:537-43. 2002Implantation of a pregnancy within the scar of a previous cesarean delivery is the rarest of ectopic pregnancy locations. Only 19 cases have been reported in the English medical literature since 1966...
- A serological study of the role of Mycoplasma genitalium in pelvic inflammatory disease and ectopic pregnancyMargaretha Jurstrand
Clinical Research Centre, University Hospital, SE 70185 Orebro, Sweden
Sex Transm Infect 83:319-23. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between M genitalium antibodies and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and ectopic pregnancy (EP) using a lipid-associated membrane protein-enzyme immunoassay (LAMP-EIA) method.
- Ectopic pregnancyCynthia M Farquhar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Womens Health at Auckland City Hospital, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Lancet 366:583-91. 2005b>Ectopic pregnancy is an important cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide...
- Economic evaluation of diagnosing and excluding ectopic pregnancyC J Wedderburn
Centre for Reproductive Biology, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Hum Reprod 25:328-33. 2010The diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy in women presenting in early pregnancy is often protracted, relying on costly investigations that are psychologically burdensome to the patient...
- Magnetic resonance imaging characterization of a mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma of the kidney detected incidentally during an ectopic pregnancyAidan P Noon
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Urology 75:247-8. 2010..This tumor presented incidentally in a 35-year-old woman with an ectopic pregnancy.
- Shock index in the first trimester of pregnancy and its relationship to ruptured ectopic pregnancyRobert H Birkhahn
Department of Emergency Medicine, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Acad Emerg Med 9:115-9. 2002..The shock index (SI), the ratio of heart rate to systolic blood pressure, has been reported to be a useful tool in the evaluation of trauma patients presenting to the emergency department (ED)...
- Screening for chlamydial infections and the risk of ectopic pregnancy in a county in Sweden: ecological analysisM Egger
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PR
BMJ 316:1776-80. 1998To analyse trends in rates of genital chlamydial infection and ectopic pregnancy between 1985 and 1995 in a county in Sweden.
- Increased messenger RNA expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in the implantation site of the human oviduct with ectopic gestationPo Mui Lam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince of Wales Hospital Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Fertil Steril 82:686-90. 2004..To compare the mRNA expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors (KDR and flt-1) in the implantation and nonimplantation sites of the human oviduct with ectopic gestation...
- Ectopic pregnancy in Africa: a population-based studyRobert J Leke
Maternity Unit, Hopital Central, Yaounde, Cameroon
Obstet Gynecol 103:692-7. 2004To estimate the incidence of ectopic pregnancy in Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon (Central Africa).
- Hysteroscopic surgery of ectopic pregnancy in the cesarean section scarQing Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:432-6. 2009..To evaluate the effect of hysteroscopy in the treatment of caesarean section scar pregnancy...
- Comparison of success rates in the medical management of ectopic pregnancy with single-dose and multiple-dose administration of methotrexate: a prospective, randomized clinical trialAshraf Alleyassin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vali e Asr Reproductive Health Research Center, Dr Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Fertil Steril 85:1661-6. 2006..To assess whether success rate differs in single-dose versus multiple-dose administration of methotrexate (MTX) in medical management of unruptured ectopic pregnancies...
- Treatment of viable cesarean scar ectopic pregnancy with suction curettageM Arslan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mersin University, School of Medicine, Mersin 33070, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:163-6. 2005Pregnancy in previous cesarean scar is the rarest form of ectopic pregnancy. All reported cases in the literature that were treated with uterine curettage either become unsuccessful or complicated...
- Impaired ovarian blood flow and reduced antral follicle count following laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancyC C W Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Hum Reprod 18:2175-80. 2003..The objectives of the study were to compare the ovarian function of the operated side with the non-operated side after unilateral salpingectomy performed through laparoscopy or laparotomy for ectopic pregnancy.
- Catch me if you scan: ultrasound diagnosis of ectopic pregnancyD Jurkovic
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30:1-7. 2007
- Establishing a human chorionic gonadotropin cutoff to guide methotrexate treatment of ectopic pregnancy: a systematic reviewSeema Menon
Penn Fertility Care, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 87:481-4. 2007Successful medical management of an ectopic pregnancy is inversely associated with initial hCG level. The purpose of this publication is to assess whether there is a level of hCG above which failure rate substantially increases.
- Ectopic pregnancy--risk factors and diagnosisGeorge Condous
Early Pregnancy Unit, Nepean Centre for Perinatal Care and Research, Nepean Clinical School, University of Sydney, New South Wales
Aust Fam Physician 35:854-7. 2006b>Ectopic pregnancy is still the most common cause of first trimester maternal deaths, accounting for 73% of early pregnancy mortalities.
- Rudimentary horn pregnancy: first-trimester prerupture sonographic diagnosis and confirmation by magnetic resonance imagingAvi Tsafrir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Kerem, 91120 Jerusalem, Israel
J Ultrasound Med 24:219-23. 2005..Two cases of rudimentary horn pregnancy diagnosed in the first trimester by sonography and confirmed by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are reported. We suggest criteria for early, prerupture sonographic diagnosis of this rare condition...
- Ectopic pregnancy rate and treatment utilization in a large managed care organizationStephen K Van Den Eeden
Division of Research, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1052-7. 2005To estimate the ectopic pregnancy rate at Kaiser Permanente, Northern California, during 1997-2000.
- Rudimentary uterine horn pregnancy. The 20th-century worldwide experience of 588 casesGerard G Nahum
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center 3241, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Reprod Med 47:151-63. 2002..To investigate the outcomes of rudimentary uterine horn pregnancies and to identify trends and opportunities for improvement in patient care...
- Attenuated sex steroid receptor expression in fallopian tube of women with ectopic pregnancyAndrew W Horne
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:5146-54. 2009..Sex steroid hormone receptor (SHR) dynamics are well-documented in human endometrium but have not been comprehensively studied in Fallopian tube (FT)...
- The ability of traditional vital signs and shock index to identify ruptured ectopic pregnancyRobert H Birkhahn
Department of Emergency Medicine, New York Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11215, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1293-6. 2003..This study evaluated the correlation between vital signs and hemoperitoneum and the association between abnormal vital signs and tubal rupture...
- Risk factors for ectopic pregnancy: a comprehensive analysis based on a large case-control, population-based study in FranceJean Bouyer
INSERM U569, IFR69 The French Institute of Health and Medical Research, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Am J Epidemiol 157:185-94. 2003This case-control study was associated with a regional register of ectopic pregnancy between 1993 and 2000 in France...
- Ectopic pregnancy: laparoendoscopic single-site surgery--laparoscopic surgery through a single cutaneous incisionRicardo Francalacci Savaris
Departamento de Ginecologia e Obstetrícia e Programa de Pós Graduação em Medicina, Ciências Cirúrgicas da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Fertil Steril 92:1170.e5-7. 2009To report the use of laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for the management of ectopic pregnancy.
- Single-port laparoscopic salpingectomy for the surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyBo Sung Yoon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gangnam CHA Medical Center, CHA University, Seoul, Korea
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:26-9. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility of a single-port laparoscopic salpingectomy in the surgical treatment of tubal pregnancy...
- Single serum activin a testing to predict ectopic pregnancyPasquale Florio
Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, Viale Bracci, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1748-53. 2007b>Ectopic pregnancy (EP) is an important cause of maternal deaths in early pregnancy because most fatal cases result from delayed diagnosis and inappropriate investigation.
- The medical management of ectopic pregnancy: a meta-analysis comparing "single dose" and "multidose" regimensKurt T Barnhart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:778-84. 2003Medical management of an unruptured ectopic pregnancy with intramuscular methotrexate is common and cost-effective...
- The diagnostic effectiveness of an initial transvaginal scan in detecting ectopic pregnancyEmma Kirk
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecological Ultrasound Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
Hum Reprod 22:2824-8. 2007To determine the effectiveness of an initial transvaginal ultrasound scan (TVS) in the detection of ectopic pregnancy in consecutive women attending an early pregnancy unit (EPU).
- Risk factors for ectopic pregnancy in assisted reproductionA Strandell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Fertil Steril 71:282-6. 1999To identify risk factors for ectopic pregnancy (EP) after IVF-ET.
- Ruptured ectopic pregnancy presenting 3 years after supracervical hysterectomySarkis Babikian
Department of Radiology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
J Ultrasound Med 27:1087-90. 2008An ectopic pregnancy after a hysterectomy is a rare event, with about 40 reported cases since it was first identified by Wendeler in 1895...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Agdi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Women s Pavilion, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 23:519-27. 2009b>Ectopic pregnancy remains the leading cause of death in the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Ectopic pregnancy in Conakry, GuineaPatrick Thonneau
Human Fertility Research Group, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, University Paul Sabatier, La Grave Hospital, Toulouse, France
Bull World Health Organ 80:365-70. 2002To assess the incidence of ectopic pregnancy (EP) in hospitals in Conakry, the capital of Guinea, West Africa. Data on EP incidence in developing countries are rare and often out of date, particularly in Africa.
- Ectopic pregnancy following emergency contraception with ethinyloestradiol-levonorgestrel: a case reportHiroshi Matsushita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tsuruoka Municipal Shonai Hospital, Yamagata, Japan
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 12:184-6. 2007Emergency contraception with ethinyloestradiol-levonorgestrel is effective, and ectopic pregnancy following its failure is rare.
- Serum vascular endothelial growth factor as a possible marker for early ectopic pregnancyAfaf Felemban
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hum Reprod 17:490-2. 2002This study evaluated serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) concentrations in women with normal intrauterine pregnancy (IUP), arrested IUP and ectopic pregnancy (EP).
- [Conservative treatment of ectopic pregnancy with methotrexate]B Pekhlivanov
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 41:53-6. 2002
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and discrimination between abnormal intrauterine and ectopic pregnancyElisabeth Kucera-Sliutz
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Austria
Hum Reprod 17:3231-4. 2002..This study evaluated serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) levels in women with abnormal intrauterine and ectopic pregnancies (EP) at 6 weeks gestation...
- Systemic methotrexate to treat ectopic pregnancy does not affect ovarian reserveBárbara Oriol
IVI Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Fertil Steril 90:1579-82. 2008To evaluate whether methotrexate (MTX) compromises ovarian reserve and future reproductive outcome in women undergoing assisted reproductive technology (ART), when it is used as first-line treatment for ectopic pregnancy (EP).
- Laparoscopic management of 53 cases of cornual ectopic pregnancySelma Ng
Penang Maternity Hospital, Penang, Malaysia
Fertil Steril 92:448-52. 2009To present our experience of laparoscopic management of cornual ectopic pregnancy.
- Ectopic pregnancy after cesarean hysterectomyWendi D Brown
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:933-4. 2002b>Ectopic pregnancy after a total abdominal hysterectomy is rare and, for this reason, delay in diagnosis may occur when such a patient presents with abdominal pain.
- Ruptured ectopic pregnancy: risk factors for a life-threatening conditionMichael Sindos
Hellenic National Centre for Emergency Care, Athens, Greece
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:621-3. 2009b>Ectopic pregnancy is a significant cause of maternal morbidity and mortality. The widely used features to establish the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy are not always sufficient to predict rupture.
- Combined hysteroscopy and laparoscopy in the treatment of interstitial pregnancyDavid L Katz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Magee Women s Hospital University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1113-4. 2003..We report two cases of interstitial pregnancy treated with a combined hysteroscopic and laparoscopic approach. Early diagnosis of interstitial pregnancy can lead to conservative treatment options...
- Ectopic pregnancy after hysterectomy: a review and insight into etiology and preventionDonald L Fylstra
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Fertil Steril 94:431-5. 2010To review all reported cases of ectopic pregnancy after hysterectomy.
- Ectopic pregnancy rates after frozen versus fresh embryo transfer: a meta-analysisByung Chul Jee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, South Korea
Gynecol Obstet Invest 68:53-7. 2009The aim of this meta-analysis was to determine whether frozen embryo transfer (ET) increases ectopic pregnancy (EP) rate compared with fresh ET.
- Chlamydia trachomatis infections and the risk of ectopic pregnancy in Khon Kaen womenChamsai Pientong
Departments of Microbiology, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:775-81. 2009To determine the prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis infection and to evaluate the relation of previous and persistent chlamydial infection to ectopic pregnancy (EP) among women in Khon Kaen, Thailand.
- Operative laparoscopy for unruptured ectopic pregnancy in a caesarean scarY L Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital and Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei, Taiwan
BJOG 113:1035-8. 2006..Our results show that in the hands of a well-trained operator, laparoscopy appears to be a reasonable alternative for the management of an unruptured caesarean scar pregnancy...
- Hysteroscopic management of cesarean scar ectopic pregnancyRebecca Deans
Department of Endo Gynaecology, Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
Fertil Steril 93:1735-40. 2010To present our experience with hysteroscopic removal of cesarean scar ectopic pregnancy (CSP) and review the literature on the current management.
- Ectopic pregnancyJan M Kriebs
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 51:431-9. 2006The incidence of ectopic pregnancy in the United States has been reported to be as high as 20 per 1000 pregnancies, a more than 4-fold increase over the last 20 years...
- Novel placental and nonplacental serum markers in ectopic versus normal intrauterine pregnancyMichael D Mueller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Fertil Steril 81:1106-11. 2004To evaluate whether the serum concentrations of novel placental markers and nonplacental markers differ in ectopic pregnancy when compared with normal intrauterine pregnancy.
- Vaginal management of a "late" ectopic pregnancy after vaginal hysterectomyDalmo Borges Ramos
Clinica Ginecológica Dr Dalmo Borges Ramos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 94:352.e1-3. 2010To describe the first vaginal approach to an ectopic pregnancy after hysterectomy.
- Eutopic or ectopic pregnancy: a competition between signals derived from the endometrium and the fallopian tube for blastocyst implantationZ Jia-Rong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, Shanghai, China
Placenta 30:835-9. 2009Embryo retention in the fallopian tube is thought to lead to ectopic pregnancy, which is a significant cause of morbidity. This pathological condition does not occur in laboratory rodents...
- Is ectopic pregnancy possible after hysterectomy?Savita Bansal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Fertil Steril 94:350.e5-7. 2010To determine whether ectopic pregnancy should be suspected in young women with abdominal pain even after hysterectomy.
- Management of interstitial pregnancy using selective uterine artery embolizationPhilippe Deruelle
Service de Gynecologie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Universitaire de Lille, France
Obstet Gynecol 106:1165-7. 2005Interstitial pregnancy is a rare and dangerous form of ectopic pregnancy which is treated by surgery, medical treatment, or both. Management options are not standardized...
- Ectopic pregnancyR Lehner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Vienna, Austria
Arch Gynecol Obstet 263:87-92. 2000b>Ectopic pregnancy is a implantation occurring elsewhere than in the cavity of the uterus, whereas ninety-nine percent of extrauterine pregnancies occur in the fallopian tube. The incidence of extrauterine pregnancy has increased from 0...
- Laparoscopic management of three rare types of ectopic pregnancyC M Yan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, Waterloo Road, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 16:132-6. 2010The laparoscopic management of three rare types of ectopic pregnancy, including rudimentary horn pregnancy, caesarean scar pregnancy, and interstitial pregnancy is described. All were managed with little morbidity...
- Caesarean scar ectopic pregnancy: a single centre case seriesCamille Michener
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Clinical Care Unit, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Perth, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:451-5. 2009..To examine the characteristics, management and outcomes of 13 caesarean scar pregnancies (CSPs) at a single tertiary obstetric centre over a five-year period...
- A validation of the most commonly used protocol to predict the success of single-dose methotrexate in the treatment of ectopic pregnancyE Kirk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Early Pregnancy, Gynaecological Ultrasound and MAS Unit, St George s, University of London, London, UK
Hum Reprod 22:858-63. 2007Currently, the likely success of single-dose methotrexate (MTX) (50 mg/m(2)) for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy is indicated by a >15% decrease in hCG from days 4-7 after administration...
- The expression of MUC1 in human Fallopian tube during the menstrual cycle and in ectopic pregnancyM Al-Azemi
Academic Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Level 4, The Jessop Wing, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 24:2582-7. 2009b>Ectopic pregnancy is a major cause of maternal morbidity and mortality with increasing incidence worldwide...
- Unsuccessful medical treatment of cesarean scar ectopic pregnancy with systemic methotrexate: a report of two casesPo Mui Lam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ROC
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:108-11. 2004
- Risk factors and clinical features of recurrent ectopic pregnancy: a case control studySamantha Butts
Center for Reproductive Medicine and Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1340-4. 2003..To compare signs and symptoms between patients with recurrent and single ectopic pregnancies...
- Serum levels of steroid and placental protein hormones in ectopic pregnancyT Mantzavinos
Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Areteion Hospital, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 39:117-22. 1991....
- Human chorionic gonadotropin isoforms in the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancyPaola T A Borrelli
Williamson Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Barts and the London Queen Mary School of Medicine, London EC1A 7BE, UK
Clin Chem 49:2045-9. 2003Early diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy uses ultrasound with serial measurements of total human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)...
- An evaluation of the shock index in predicting ruptured ectopic pregnancyH E Onah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:445-7. 2006In order to evaluate the shock index in predicting a ruptured ectopic pregnancy in a Nigerian obstetric population, a prospective observational study of consecutive pregnant women presenting to the emergency room of the University of ..
- Ectopic pregnancy: an updateJ F Lemus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA School of Medicine, Sylmar, California 91392, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 12:369-75. 2000..publications that investigate etiology, epidemiology and different modalities in diagnosis and therapy for ectopic pregnancy. A significant proportion of recent work has focused in the development of new diagnostic tools to aid in ..
- Vital signs fail to correlate with hemoperitoneum from ruptured ectopic pregnancyJ L Hick
University of Minnesota, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Emerg Med 19:488-91. 2001The objective was to determine correlation between vital signs and hemoperitoneum in ruptured ectopic pregnancy. A retrospective chart review of ectopic pregnancies at our urban county hospital between 1990 and 1998 was conducted...
- Improved fertility following conservative surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyNannie Bangsgaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Kettegaards Alle, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
BJOG 110:765-70. 2003To evaluate fertility after salpingectomy or tubotomy for ectopic pregnancy.
- Care pathways for ectopic pregnancy: a population-based cost-effectiveness analysisValerie Seror
INSERM Unité 379, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Fertil Steril 87:737-48. 2007..To define care pathways in terms of frequency, costs, and outcomes and to assess their cost-effectiveness...
- Ectopic pregnancy in African developing countriesNathalie Goyaux
Human Fertility Research Group, Toulouse University, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:305-12. 2003We have reviewed the scientific literature on ectopic pregnancy (EP) in African countries published over the past 20 years and available from several databases (MEDLINE, EMBASE, POPLINE, and Cochrane Fertility Regulation Group), with the ..
- Ultrasound diagnosis of ectopic pregnancyGeorge S Condous
Early Pregnancy and Advanced Endosurgery Unit, Nepean Clinical School, University of Sydney, Nepean Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Semin Reprod Med 25:85-91. 2007The diagnosis of tubal ectopic pregnancy should be based upon the positive visualization of an adnexal mass using transvaginal ultrasound rather than the absence of an intrauterine gestational sac...
- Surgical treatment of ectopic pregnancyMohammed Al-Sunaidi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Semin Reprod Med 25:117-22. 2007In most cases of ectopic pregnancy, medical treatment with methotrexate is successful. However, some cases still require surgery and laparoscopy is an effective approach...
- Rare association of ovarian implantation site for patients with heterotopic and with primary ectopic pregnancies after ICSI and blastocyst transferF G Oliveira
Clinica e Centro de Pesquisa em Reproducao Humana Roger Abdelmassih, Rua Maestro Elias Lobo, 805 01433 000, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hum Reprod 16:2227-9. 2001..occurred in patients with day 5 embryo transfer who otherwise did not have any predisposing factors for ectopic pregnancy, it is advisable to conduct a large scale analysis of future data about the possible association between ..
- Ectopic pregnancy after assisted reproductive technology: what are the risk factors?Hye Jin Chang
Health Promotion Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 22:202-7. 2010This review discusses recent publications that investigate risk factors associated with ectopic pregnancy after IVF.
- Cervical Shirodkar cerclage may be the treatment modality of choice for cervical pregnancyShlomo Mashiach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hum Reprod 17:493-6. 2002..Our objective was to evaluate the use of cervical suture in cervical pregnancy...
- Contraception and the risk of ectopic pregnancy: a meta-analysisB W Mol
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Contraception 52:337-41. 1995The current knowledge of the association between contraceptive methods and the risk of ectopic pregnancy was evaluated by means of a meta-analysis...
- Prognostic value of human chorionic gonadotropin changes after methotrexate injection for ectopic pregnancyAubert Agostini
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital la Conception, Marseille, France
Fertil Steril 88:504-6. 2007Because early prediction of clinical outcome (one or more injections or surgery) of methotrexate treatment of ectopic pregnancy could ease the intensity of follow-up and patient compliance required, we studied the relationship between ..
- Recent declining trend in ectopic pregnancy in France: evidence of two clinicoepidemiologic entitiesJ Coste
INSERM Unité 292, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Fertil Steril 74:881-6. 2000To assess the recent incidence of ectopic pregnancy (EP) in France (1992-1997) and to relate this incidence to trends in risk factors and use of contraception.
- Diagnosis and laparoscopic management of 11 consecutive cases of cornual ectopic pregnancyR MacRae
Whipps Cross University Hospital, Whipps Cross Road, Leytonstone, London E11 1NR, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 280:59-64. 2009To determine the pre-operative diagnosis by two dimensional ultrasound scan and the outcome of the laparoscopic management of cornual ectopic pregnancy.
- Are early human chorionic gonadotropin levels after methotrexate therapy a predictor of response in ectopic pregnancy?Quyen Nguyen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:630.e1-5. 2010The purpose of this study was to evaluate beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (beta-hCG) levels between days 0 and 4 as a predictor of methotrexate therapy success for ectopic pregnancy.
- Methotrexate embryopathy in a surviving intrauterine fetus after presumed diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy: case reportMohammed Hassan Addar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King Khaled University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 26:1001-3. 2004..previously been treated for polycystic ovarian syndrome, was given methotrexate parenterally for a suspected ectopic pregnancy at 5 weeks of amenorrhea. Later, a surviving intrauterine pregnancy was noted, and the pregnancy continued...
- Are gestational age and endometrial thickness alternatives for serum human chorionic gonadotropin as criteria for the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy?B W Mol
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 72:643-5. 1999To compare gestational age and endometrial stripe thickness measurement with serum hCG measurement as criteria for the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy (EP).
- Laparoscopic management of an ovarian ectopic pregnancy: case reportY Patel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi, P O Box 16963 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 85:201-4. 2008..The condition has not been reported locally and its diagnosis is easily missed. A case of an ovarian ectopic pregnancy in a 41 year old para 1 + 1 with secondary infertility is reported...
- Ectopic pregnancy early diagnosis markersS Segal
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lincoln Medical Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Minerva Ginecol 62:49-62. 2010b>Ectopic pregnancy (EP) is a high-risk medical condition with an incidence of 1.9% in reported pregnancies, and has proven to be the most common cause of pregnancy-related deaths in the first trimester...
- [Current trends in the treatment of ectopic pregnancy]D Muresan
Clinica Ginecologie I, U M F Iuliu Haţieganu Cluj Napoca
Chirurgia (Bucur) 103:73-8. 2008b>Ectopic pregnancy represents even nowadays a problem with a major impact upon women reproductive health, with an incidence that is still growing...
- Single-dose methotrexate for the treatment of unruptured ectopic pregnancyMehmet Erdem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 270:201-4. 2004The objective of this study was to review our experience with single dose intramuscular methotrexate (MTX) for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy and to evaluate major confounding factors that relate to the success of therapy.
- Conservative treatment of cervical ectopic pregnancy with transvaginal ultrasound-guided aspiration and single-dose methotrexateIsmail Cepni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Fertil Steril 81:1130-2. 2004To present a case of cervical ectopic pregnancy successfully treated with ultrasound-guided aspiration and single-dose methotrexate administered systemically.
- The role of single serum progesterone measurement in conjunction with beta hCG in the management of suspected ectopic pregnancyG El Bishry
University Hospital of North Durham, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:413-7. 2008..This was a retrospective study of 126 patients presenting with a clinical picture suggestive of ectopic pregnancy, when ultrasound examination was inconclusive...
- [Unruptured ectopic pregnancy: diagnosis and treatment. State of art]Julio Elito Junior
Departamento de Obstetricia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:149-59. 2008It is advisable to do the non-invasive diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy precociously, before there is the tube rupture, combining for that the transvaginal ultrasonography with the dosage of the b-fraction of the chorionic gonadotrophin...
- The dilemma of recurrent ectopic pregnancy after tubal surgery and in-vitro fertilization. What to do?Luciano G Nardo
Department of Reproductive Medicine, St Mary s University Hospital, Manchester M13 0JH, United Kingdom
Reprod Biomed Online 10:300. 2005This commentary was written to stimulate a debate on the role of tubal surgery for ectopic pregnancy in women undergoing IVF.
- Ectopic pregnancy in Jos Northern Nigeria: prevalence and impact on subsequent fertilityJ Musa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos
Niger J Med 18:35-8. 2009b>Ectopic pregnancy remains a major gynaecological problem in contemporary gynaecological practice...
- Increased expression of uteroglobin associated with tubal inflammation and ectopic pregnancyAmado Alfredo Quintar
Center of Electron Microscopy, School of Medical Sciences, National University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Fertil Steril 89:1613-7. 2008..Evaluation of uteroglobin (UG) expression in the fallopian tube in different tubal diseases...
- Ovarian ectopic pregnancy: diagnosis, treatment, correlation to Carnegie stage 16 and review based on a clinical caseBernhard Kraemer
University Hospital for Women, Calwerstrasse 7, Tuebingen, Germany
Fertil Steril 92:392.e13-5. 2009To present a case of a vital ectopic pregnancy after 8 weeks that was located in the right ovary.
- Should patients who are suspected of having an ectopic pregnancy undergo physical examination?B W Mol
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 71:155-7. 1999To determine whether physical examination is useful for patients with suspected ectopic pregnancy (EP) for whom transvaginal sonography is performed and serum hCG levels are measured.
- Factors influencing reproductive performance following previous ectopic pregnancyA A Sobande
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, King Khalid University, PO Box 641, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 21:1130-4. 2000To assess the factors that influence the reproductive performance in patients who had previous salpingectomy by laparotomy for ectopic pregnancy in the South-west Region of Saudi Arabia.
- Low ectopic pregnancy rates after in vitro fertilization: do practice habits matter?Debbra A Keegan
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Fertil Steril 88:734-6. 2007..Aggressive management of tubal disease may contribute to low rates of EP, whereas blastocyst transfer may increase the rate...
- Over-diagnosis of hydatidiform mole in early tubal ectopic pregnancyJ L Burton
Section of Oncology and Pathology, Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield Medical School, Beech Hill Road, Sheffield S10 2RX, UK
Histopathology 38:409-17. 2001..We investigated the apparently high incidence of tubal ectopic hydatidiform moles in women referred for treatment to a Supraregional Trophoblastic Tumour Screening and Treatment Centre between 1986 and 1996...
- Risk factors of ectopic pregnancySuvit Bunyavejchevin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:S417-21. 2003To assess the risk factors of ectopic pregnancy in Thai women.
- Survival analysis of fertility after ectopic pregnancyA Ego
Clinical Research and Evaluation Unit, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Lille, France
Fertil Steril 75:560-6. 2001To evaluate the reproductive outcome after ectopic pregnancy and to assess the contribution of risk factors to future fertility.
- Non-surgical management of live ectopic pregnancy with ultrasound-guided local injection: a case seriesA Monteagudo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Ob Gyn Ultrasound, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:282-8. 2005..To describe a series of consecutive cases of live ectopic pregnancies managed with ultrasound-guided local injection of methotrexate (MTX) or potassium chloride (KCl)...
- Virtual reality simulation training can improve technical skills during laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancyR Aggarwal
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, Imperial College London, London, UK
BJOG 113:1382-7. 2006To assess the first commercially available virtual reality (VR) simulator to incorporate procedural modules for training of inexperienced gynaecological surgeons to perform laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy.
- Suspected ectopic pregnancyBeata E Seeber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Penn Fertility Care, Philadelphia, PA 19003, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:399-413. 2006Women who present with pain and bleeding in the first trimester are at risk for ectopic pregnancy, a life-threatening condition...
- The impact of ectopic pregnancy: a 16-year follow-up studyJudith N Lasker
Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Care Women Int 24:209-20. 2003b>Ectopic pregnancy is a potentially life-threatening event that represents the loss of a pregnancy and also may have longer-term consequences for fertility...
- Fertility outcomes following expectant management of tubal ectopic pregnancyS Helmy
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecology Assessment Unit, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30:988-93. 2007To evaluate fertility outcome after the expectant management of tubal ectopic pregnancy.
- The role of novel, uncultivable bacteria in incident PIDCATHERINE L contact HAGGERTY; Fiscal Year: 2011..female upper genital tract, often results in long-term sequelae, including infertility, chronic pelvic pain, ectopic pregnancy, and recurrent PID...
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for Neisseria gonorrhoeae STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2012..Infection can also lead to sterility, ectopic pregnancy, and low birth weight...
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for C.trachomitis STDsRICHARD F contact SELDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..which leads to increased transmission and the sequelae of pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility and ectopic pregnancy. Current diagnostics require extensive technical expertise, are expensive and take days for results, leading ..
- Enzymology of Chlamydia PathogenesisDewey G McCafferty; Fiscal Year: 2013..trachomatis infections cause numerous disease-related complications including pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, infertility, and blindness...
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for C. trachomatis STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2013..become infertile, 18% will experience debilitating, chronic pelvic pain, and 9% will have a life-threatenig ectopic pregnancy. If an infected pregnant woman is not treated, her baby has a 50% chance of developing conjunctivitis and a ..
- Gonococcal resistance to peroxynitriteVirginia L Clark; Fiscal Year: 2010..as urethritis or cervicitis, the gonococcus can cause serious complications, including sterility or ectopic pregnancy in women in women and arthritis in men and women...
- The influence of negative regulators of inflammation on C. trachomatis infectionsDAVID MARCELO OJCIUS; Fiscal Year: 2010..responsible for pelvic inflammatory disease and scarring of fallopian tubes that can lead to infertility, ectopic pregnancy and chronic pelvic pain...
- Development of a Chlamydia T Cell Vaccine Based on Dendritic Cell ImmunoprotemicsLeonard J Foster; Fiscal Year: 2012..8 million infections in America alone. Chlamydia trachomatis can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and infertility in women and is a co- factor in HIV transmission...
- Recombination and Genetics in Chlamydia spp.Daniel D Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2010..from these infections lead to chronic problems including trachoma, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and perhaps other conditions...
- Rapid and Cost-Effective Diagnostic System for Sexually Transmitted InfectionsJohn E Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2011..serious long term health problems such as sepsis, stricture disease, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy and infertility...
- T-bet regulates CD4 memory to bacterial infection with C. trachomatisDavid Gondek; Fiscal Year: 2010..Chronic infection and/or re-infection with C. trachomatis poses serious health risks to women including ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and infertility...
- Effects of a chlamydial ATP-consuming enzyme on the inflammasomeMARIA LUISA AVILA; Fiscal Year: 2010..inflammatory disease and scarring of upper genital tract fallopian tubes which can lead to infertility, ectopic pregnancy (a major cause of pregnancy-related death) and pelvic inflammatory disease...
- Mechanism(s) of CD8 T cell-mediated Chlamydia-induced reproductive pathologyASHLESH KRISHNA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..In untreated women, these infections cause serious sequelae such as pelvic inflammatory disease and ectopic pregnancy, often resulting in infertility...
- T-cell mediated immunity in chlamydia genital infectionKathleen A Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2012..new cases of infection occur in the US each year and commonly result in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy and tubal infertility which costs the health care industry billions of dollars annually...
- Evaluation of CPAF Mediated Anti-Chlamydial Immunity in the Guinea PigBERNARD PRAGASH ARULANANDAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..Untreated genital chlamydial infections cause serious sequelae such as pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility...
- Scanning Chlamydia proteome for vaccine antigensLuis M de la Maza; Fiscal Year: 2010..in a timely manner, long-term sequelae including, pelvic inflammatory disease, chronic abdominal pain, ectopic pregnancy and infertility, may develop. In addition, a majority of the genital C...
- Interaction of Neisseria gonorrhoeae with polarized human endocervical epithelialWenxia Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..allows the bacteria to disseminate, which can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a leading cause of ectopic pregnancy and infertility. Disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI) may give rise to septic arthritis...
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine L Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2010..female upper genital tract, often results in long-term sequelae, including infertility, chronic pelvic pain, ectopic pregnancy, and recurrent PID...
- INDUCTION OF PROTECTIVE IMMUNITY AGAINST CHLAMYDIAFrancis O Eko; Fiscal Year: 2013..cause of STDs and if untreated often lead to severe complications, including pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and infertility in women...
- Biodegradable Nanoparticles for Targeted Antibiotic DeliveryJudith A Whittum-Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2012..are associated with several chronic diseases, including inflammatory arthritis, tubal occlusion leading to ectopic pregnancy, and cervical cancer (C trachomatis);C pneumoniae has been compellingly associated with atherosclerosis, ..
- Anti-adhesive prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis genital tract infectionLee Ann Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..infections may result in severe reproductive tract disease including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy and infertility. Despite the high morbidity and cost burden, there are currently no effective vaccines...
- Genetic Variation in genes involved in Neisseria gonorrhoeae LOS biosynthesisDaniel C Stein; Fiscal Year: 2013..initial site of infection causing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which can lead to tubal infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and chronic pelvic pain, or into the blood stream causing disseminated gonococcal infections (DGI)...
- TLR2 ligands of chlamydiaeCATHERINE M O apos CONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): Chlamydia trachomatis infections are the leading cause of involuntary infertility and ectopic pregnancy in women...
- SNP Analysis of Endometriosis Candidate GenesIdhaliz Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..Due to important links between endometriosis and infertility, pregnancy loss and ectopic pregnancy, the information uncovered by these studies will greatly impact the field of reproductive science, a target ..
- Ultrasound by Emergency Physicians in Ectopic PregnancyJOHN C STEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION ([provided by the applicant): Ectopic pregnancy is a significant problem in the United States, with an estimated 108,800 cases diagnosed per year and a rising incidence...
- Technology Enhanced Community Health Nursing to Reduce Recurrent STIs after PIDMaria E Trent; Fiscal Year: 2013..a sexually transmitted infection (STI), increases the risk for multiple squeal including tubal infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and chronic pelvic pain (CPP)...
- CPAF induced CD4+ T cell mediated immunity against ChlamydiaBERNARD PRAGASH ARULANANDAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Untreated genital chlamydial infection cause serious sequelae such as pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility...
- Six new Chlamydia epitopesDAVID EMMET NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..infections ascend into the upper reproductive tract causing scarring that results in infertility and ectopic pregnancy. Antibiotic therapy has been ineffective in addressing the prevalence of the disease making development of a ..
- LpxC inhibitors as a novel class of antibiotics against N. gonorrhoeaePei Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..N. gonorrhoeae is a major cause of pelvic inflammatory disease, can increase the possibility of ectopic pregnancy, and is associated with an increased rate of transmission of HIV. Historically, N...
- Cell separation in Neisseria gonorrhoeaeJoseph P Dillard; Fiscal Year: 2013..in men and women that often results in severe consequences for women including pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility...
- A molecular switch of the type III secretion system in Chlamydia trachomatisLi Shen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The severe sequelae of genital chlamydial infections in women include pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and tubal infertility. A key virulence mechanism of C...
- Immunomodulation and Vaccine Optimization against ChlamydiaQing He; Fiscal Year: 2013..Complications in women include pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and involuntary tubal factor infertility...
- Incidence and Outcomes of Ectopic Pregnancy in the Medicaid PopulationDebra Stulberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..My five-year goal is to identify ectopic pregnancy incidence and outcomes in the Medicaid population and in the process to develop a new, widely-applicable ..
- Chlamydial Evasion of Host Immune Recognition Identifying &Characterizing CtSPsGuangming Zhong; Fiscal Year: 2013..trachomatis-infected women may develop complications such as pelvic inflammatory diseases, ectopic pregnancy and infertility. The annual cost of treating C. trachomatis complications in women is >$2 billion...
- Identifying Biomarkers and Genetic Risk Factors Predictive of Reproductive SequelToni Darville; Fiscal Year: 2013..from genital tract infection to tissue damage resulting in morbidities of chronic pelvi pain, infertility, ectopic pregnancy and premature delivery...
- A novel vaccine against vaginal Chlamydia trachomatisMICHAEL SEJR VAJDY; Fiscal Year: 2013..with these infections, including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), infertility, chronic pelvic pain and ectopic pregnancy, but could also reduce collateral riss including HIV transmission...
- Repeated Bacterial STIS Among Heterosexual MenPatricia J Kissinger; Fiscal Year: 2010..trachomatis (CT) are associated with serious reproductive outcomes such as pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain, and infertility...
- Role of CD8+ T cells in Reproductive Sequelae Induced by Chlamydia InfectionASHLESH KRISHNA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2011..Untreated genital chlamydial infections cause serious sequelae such as pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility...
- Pathogenesis of Persistent Chlamydial STDsDeborah Dean; Fiscal Year: 2007..CT infections and their sequelae of pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility are responsible for ~80% of the estimated $2...
- Molecular mechanisms of Chlamydia-induced Type 1 Interferon responseUma M Nagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chlamydia trachomatis is a major cause of pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility among women...
- Immunoregulatory Networks in Chlamydia Genital Tract InfectionAmy M Scurlock; Fiscal Year: 2013..are no biomarkers to predict potentially devastating reproductive complications, such as infertility and ectopic pregnancy, associated with Chlamydia infections...
- CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS ENVELOPE COMPONENTS AND VIRULENCEJANE RAULSTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..culprit in urethritis, cervicitis, endometritis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility and ectopic pregnancy. The highest chlamydial infection rates are observed in young people between 15 and 34 years of age...
- Can Chlamydial Infection Increase Host Mutation Frequency?ROBERT SCHOBORG; Fiscal Year: 2009..and can persist for years, causing diseases ranging from mild inflammation to pneumonia or life-threatening ectopic pregnancy. C...
- EFFECTIVENESS OF OUTPATIENT TREATMENT FOR PIDRoberta Ness; Fiscal Year: 1999..It frequently results in infertility, ectopic pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain and recurrence...
- INTRACELLULAR FATE OF NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAERichard Rest; Fiscal Year: 2000..serious complications, salpingitis and PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), which may lead to sterility and ectopic pregnancy, cost the US healthcare system over $1 billion in 1995...
- CELLULAR TRAFFICKING TO INFLAMED FEMALE GENITAL MUCOSAKathleen Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Untreated, persistent infection or reinfection results in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy & tubal infertility and cost the health care industry billions of dollars annually...
- ASSESSING THE VARIABILITY IN TIME TO TREATMENT IN SURGERMark Chassin; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study three delay-sensitive conditions: appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy, and intestinal obstruction...
- DOUCHING, VAGINAL MICROBIOLOGY, AND PIDRoberta Ness; Fiscal Year: 2003..Its sequelae include tubal infertility, chronic pelvic pain, recurrent PID and ectopic pregnancy. Douching is a common and possibly modifiable potential risk factor for PID, but a handful of previous ..
- Pathogenesis of persistent C. trachomatis STDsDEBORAH ANNE DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..CT infections and their sequelae of pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility are responsible for ~80% of the estimated $4 billion annual cost of infections in the U.S...
- Transcytosis of Neisseria gonorrhoeae through T84 epithelial cellsLUZ ANGELA LE VAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cases of pelvic inflammatory disease can result in infertility and ectopic pregnancy. Localized infections require the adherence and penetration of bacteria into epithelial cells...
- Developing a Strategic Approach to Management of Adolescents with PIDMaria Trent; Fiscal Year: 2009..that disproportionately affects adolescent and minority women and puts the affected patient at risk for ectopic pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain, and infertility...
- Recovery of Vaginal Flora after Douching CessationJonathan Zenilman; Fiscal Year: 2006..bacterial vaginosis (BV), cervical infection, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and increased risk for ectopic pregnancy. BV, in particular, is associated with an increased risk of pre-term delivery, low birth weight and HIV...
- Role of IGF-II in Human Trophoblast-Decidua InteractionsLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2006..for therapeutic intervention or prevention of abnormalities in trophoblast invasion, including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and pre-eclampsia...
- DOUCHING AND REPRODUCTIVE TRACT INFECTIONSEllen Funkhouser; Fiscal Year: 2003..Douching has been associated with many adverse health events including pelvic inflammatory disease and ectopic pregnancy, and to a much less well established degree, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)...
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC INVESTIGATIONS OF HUMAN INFERTILITYMarlene Goldman; Fiscal Year: 1992..exposure to chemicals, pesticides, fumes, heat, and radiation; prior pelvic surgery, abortion, and ectopic pregnancy; smoking history; alcohol and caffeine use; prescription and non-prescription drug use; marijuana use; ..
- VIRULENCE FACTORS OF CHLAMYDIAEPRISCILLA WYRICK; Fiscal Year: 2009..transmitted diseases and their sequelae, including prostatitis, epididymitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and sterility...
- CELLULAR TRAFFICKING TO INFLAMED FEMALE GENITAL MUCOSAKathleen Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2001Pelvic inflammatory disease, tubal infertility and ectopic pregnancy typically emerge in females after a chronic infection with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKSandra Carson; Fiscal Year: 2004Technologic advancements allowing the early, nonsurgical diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy prompted the initiation of medical therapy for ectopic pregnancy...
- Transmissibility of GC and Ct Diagnosed using NAATSusan Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2004..including pelvic inflammatory disease, perinatal complications, and subsequent risks of infertility and ectopic pregnancy in women...
- Vaginal Douching in Latina Women and AdolescentsMELISSA MCKEE; Fiscal Year: 2006..risks of vaginal douching are well documented, including increased risk of pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, Chlamydia infection, reduced fecundity, and preterm delivery...
- Gonococcal Inflammatory Immune ResponsesMichael W Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..to serious reproductive health problems including pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, and risk for ectopic pregnancy, and while it is well known that gonorrhea does not generate immunity to repeated infection, no vaccines ..
- IMMUNOPATHOLOGY OF TUBAL INFERTILITYLUIS DE LA MAZA; Fiscal Year: 2007..a timely fashion, the patient may end up suffering from long term sequelae including chronic abdominal pain, ectopic pregnancy and infertility. In this proposal we want to test the hypothesis that a vaccine consisting of the C...