Summary: Recurrent genital pain occurring during, before, or after SEXUAL INTERCOURSE in either the male or the female.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) - results from an international surveyR E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Gynecological Endocrinology and Menopause Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Climacteric 15:36-44. 2012..To assess knowledge of vaginal atrophy among women using the Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) survey...
- Women's voices in the menopause: results from an international survey on vaginal atrophyRossella E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Morphological, Eidological and Clinical Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Maturitas 67:233-8. 2010..To consider issues relating to vaginal atrophy via an international survey...
- Recommendations for the management of postmenopausal vaginal atrophyD W Sturdee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Solihull Hospital, UK
Climacteric 13:509-22. 2010..of vaginal dryness increases as a woman advances through the postmenopausal years, causing itching, burning and dyspareunia, and sexual activity is often compromised...
- Ospemifene, a novel selective estrogen receptor modulator for treating dyspareunia associated with postmenopausal vulvar and vaginal atrophyDavid J Portman
Columbus Center for Women s Health Research, Columbus, OH 43213, USA
Menopause 20:623-30. 2013..this work was to study the role of ospemifene, a novel selective estrogen receptor modulator, in the treatment of vulvar and vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women with moderate to severe dyspareunia and physiological vaginal changes.
- Evaluation of postpartum perineal pain and dyspareunia--a prospective studyVasanth Andrews
Clinical Research Fellow, Mayday University Hospital, United Kingdom
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 137:152-6. 2008Postpartum perineal pain and dyspareunia have been reported to affect 42% of women within the first 2 weeks after their first vaginal delivery...
- History of sexual and physical abuse in women with dyspareunia: association with pain, psychosocial adjustment, and sexual functioningBianca Leclerc
Department of Psychology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Sex Med 7:971-80. 2010b>Dyspareunia is a women's sexual health problem that still often goes undiagnosed despite its high prevalence and its detrimental impact on sexual, relationship, and psychological adjustment...
- Women's attitudes to hormone replacement therapy, alternative therapy and sexual health: a web-based surveyGrant P Cumming
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dr Gray s Hospital, Elgin, UK
Menopause Int 13:79-83. 2007..They covered HRT, alternative therapies and sexual health. The anonymous responses of the users of the website were analysed...
- Does post-caesarean dyspareunia reflect sexual malfunction, pelvic floor and perineal dysfunction?M Lal
Women s and Children s Directorate, Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Dudley, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 31:617-30. 2011The aim was to define post-caesarean dyspareunia as a sexual and pelvic-perineal symptom. Post-caesarean (80 elective, 104 emergency) and 100 vaginally delivered primiparae had domiciliary interviews at 10 months postpartum...
- Endometriosis-associated dyspareunia: the impact on women's livesElaine Denny
Faculty of Health, University of Central England, Birmingham, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 33:189-93. 2007..chronic pelvic pain is the most commonly experienced pain of endometriosis, many women also suffer from deep dyspareunia. In order to determine how much of an impact endometriosis-associated dyspareunia has on the lives and ..
- Automatic affective appraisal of sexual penetration stimuli in women with vaginismus or dyspareuniaJorg Huijding
University of Groningen, Department of Clinical Psychology and Experimental Psychopathology, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Sex Med 8:806-13. 2011....
- Management of vaginal dryness and dyspareunia in estrogen sensitive cancer patientsLino Del Pup
Gynecological Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, PN, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:740-5. 2012Cancer patients suffer from vaginal dryness and dyspareunia earlier and longer than the general population, with more severe and distressing symptoms...
- Biopsychosocial predictors of postmenopausal dyspareunia: the role of steroid hormones, vulvovaginal atrophy, cognitive-emotional factors, and dyadic adjustmentAlina Kao
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Sex Med 9:2066-76. 2012Although dyspareunia experienced after menopause is widely attributed to declining estrogen levels and vulvovaginal atrophy, critical reviews of the literature have suggested that these factors are incomplete as explanatory mechanisms...
- Sexual health care for women with dyspareuniaSu Ching Sung
Department of Nursing, Chang Gung University of Science and Technology, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 50:268-74. 2011Female dyspareunia is a serious impairment with a prevalence of up to 39.5%, imposing a significant burden on women's health, relationship, and quality of life...
- The CLOSER (CLarifying Vaginal Atrophy's Impact On SEx and Relationships) survey: implications of vaginal discomfort in postmenopausal women and in male partnersRossella E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive, Medicine, Gynecological Endocrinology and Menopause Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Sex Med 10:2232-41. 2013Postmenopausal vaginal atrophy (VA) is a chronic condition with symptoms that include vaginal dryness, soreness, itching, burning, and dyspareunia.
- A population-based study of dyspareunia in a cohort of middle-aged Brazilian womenAna L Valadares
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Menopause 15:1184-90. 2008To investigate the prevalence of dyspareunia and its associated factors in a cohort of middle-aged women.
- Efficacy and tolerability of local estrogen therapy for urogenital atrophyDavid F Archer
CONRAD Clinical Research Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Menopause 17:194-203. 2010This study aimed to identify vaginal discomfort in the form of dryness, itching, burning, and dyspareunia, which remains an inadequately addressed clinical problem for many postmenopausal women, and to describe the age or menopause-..
- Dyspareunia in postmenopausal women: a critical reviewA Kao
McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Pain Res Manag 13:243-54. 2008b>Dyspareunia, or pain during sexual intercourse, is among the problems most frequently reported by postmenopausal women...
- Disgust and contamination sensitivity in vaginismus and dyspareuniaPeter J de Jong
Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology, University of Groningen, Grote Kruisstraat 2 1, Groningen, 9712 TS, The Netherlands
Arch Sex Behav 38:244-52. 2009..Women suffering from vaginismus (n = 20) or dyspareunia (n = 22), and a group of women without sexual complaints (n = 30) completed self report measures indexing their ..
- Sexual function after suburethral sling removal for dyspareuniaAnnette Kuhn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Bern University Hospital and University of Bern, Effingerstr 102, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Surg Endosc 23:765-8. 2009..Recent studies have reported varying degrees of sexual impairment after TVT insertion ranging from 0% to 15% including dyspareunia.
- Vaginal estrogens for the treatment of dyspareuniaMichael L Krychman
Southern California Center for Sexual Health and Survivorship Medicine, Newport Beach, CA, USA
J Sex Med 8:666-74. 2011..Estrogens play a key role in maintaining vaginal health; women with low serum estradiol are more likely to experience vaginal dryness, dyspareunia, and reduced sexual activity compared with women who have higher estradiol levels.
- Vaginismus and dyspareunia: automatic vs. deliberate disgust responsivityCharmaine Borg
Department of Clinical Psychology and Experimental Psychopathology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Sex Med 7:2149-57. 2010The difficulty of penetration experienced in vaginismus and dyspareunia may at least partly be due to a disgust-induced defensive response.
- Sexual function following retropubic TVT and transobturator Monarc sling in women with intrinsic sphincter deficiency: a multicentre prospective studyAlison de Souza
Department of Urogynaecology, Mercy Hospital for Women, Melbourne University, 163 Studley Rd, Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria 3084, Australia
Int Urogynecol J 23:153-8. 2012..A prospective study comparing the effect of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) to the Monarc sling on sexual function in women with urodynamic stress incontinence (USI) and intrinsic sphincter deficiency (ISD) is presented...
- Female sexual function after surgery for stress urinary incontinence: transobturator suburethral tape vs. tension-free vaginal tape obturatorHenk Willem Elzevier
Leiden University Medical Center Urology, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Sex Med 5:400-6. 2008..Studies on the influence on sexual function as a result of these procedures are limited...
- Treatment of primary deep dyspareunia with laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation procedure: a pilot studyChi Mou Juang
Division of General Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 69:110-4. 2006This pilot study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation (LUNA) for treatment of primary deep dyspareunia.
- The impact of the mid-urethral slings for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence on female sexualityMaurizio Serati
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Varese, Italy
J Sex Med 6:1534-42. 2009..No available review has been specifically designed to analyze the relationship between mid-urethral slings for stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and female sexual function...
- The effect of myoma uteri and myomectomy on sexual functionDevrim Ertunc
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mersin University, School of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
J Sex Med 6:1032-8. 2009..This is a report about the effects of myoma uteri and myomectomy on sexual function in women...
- Uterine fibroids and gynecologic pain symptoms in a population-based studySheri A Lippman
School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 7360, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1488-94. 2003To determine the association between dyspareunia, dysmenorrhea, and noncyclic pelvic pain and the presence and characteristics of uterine fibroids.
- Functional and anatomical outcome of anterior and posterior vaginal prolapse repair with prolene meshRodolfo Milani
Divisione di Ginecologia Chirurgica, Ospedale Bassini, University of Milan Bicocca, Italy
BJOG 112:107-11. 2005..To evaluate the effects of prolene mesh on urinary, bowel and sexual function in prolapse surgery...
- Uterine myomas, dyspareunia, and sexual functionSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Fertil Steril 86:1504-10. 2006To determine the prevalence of deep dyspareunia (DD) and characteristics of sexual life in women with uterine myomas.
- [Immediate and long term complications of episiotomy]B Langer
Département de gynécologie obstétrique, Hopital de Hautepierre, Avenue Moliere, 67098 Strasbourg Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:1S59-1S67. 2006..The objective of this review was to describe the complications of episiotomy...
- Intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (prasterone), a highly efficient treatment of dyspareuniaF Labrie
EndoCeutics Inc, Quebec City, Canada
Climacteric 14:282-8. 2011To examine the effect of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on pain at sexual activity (dyspareunia) identified as the most bothersome symptom of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women at both screening and day 1.
- Abdominal sacral colpopexy or vaginal sacrospinous colpopexy for vaginal vault prolapse: a prospective randomized studyChristopher F Maher
Urogynaecology Unit, Royal Women s and Mater Hospitals, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:20-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare the abdominal sacral colpopexy and vaginal sacrospinous colpopexy in the treatment of vaginal vault prolapse...
- Letrozole combined with norethisterone acetate compared with norethisterone acetate alone in the treatment of pain symptoms caused by endometriosisS Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi 1 16132, Genoa, Italy
Hum Reprod 24:3033-41. 2009..We compared the efficacy and tolerability of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole combined with norethisterone acetate versus norethisterone acetate alone in treating pain symptoms...
- Female dyspareuniaLiz Ryan
Alec Turnbull Clinic, East Oxford Health Centre, Oxford OX4 1XD
BMJ 328:1357. 2004
- Effects of pregnancy and childbirth on postpartum sexual function: a longitudinal prospective studyAnnamarie Connolly
Division of Urogynecology Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 27599 7570, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16:263-7. 2005..At similar postpartum timepoints, approximately 30 and 17% of women reported dyspareunia; less than 5% described the pain as major. At these times, 39, 60, and 61% of women reported orgasm...
- Use of a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine device in the treatment of rectovaginal endometriosisL Fedele
Department of Maternal and Child Health, Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Fertil Steril 75:485-8. 2001..To evaluate the effectiveness of a levonorgestrel-releasing IUD as therapy for endometriosis of the rectovaginal septum...
- The community prevalence of chronic pelvic pain in women and associated illness behaviourK T Zondervan
Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Oxford
Br J Gen Pract 51:541-7. 2001..Chronic pelvic pain has often been described as a major women's health issue, but no information exists on the extent of the problem in the United Kingdom...
- Do alterations in vaginal dimensions after reconstructive pelvic surgeries affect the risk for dyspareunia?Yoram Abramov
Division of Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Evanston Continence Center, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Ill, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1573-7. 2005The purpose of this study was to determine whether changes in vaginal dimensions after transvaginal reconstructive pelvic surgeries affect the risk for postoperative dyspareunia.
- Letrozole and norethisterone acetate in colorectal endometriosisSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital and University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 150:199-202. 2010..This study evaluates the efficacy of aromatase inhibitors and norethisterone acetate in treating pain and gastrointestinal symptoms caused by bowel endometriosis...
- Climacteric and menopause in seven South-east Asian countriesM J Boulet
International Health Foundation, Brussels, Belgium
Maturitas 19:157-76. 1994..400 women in each country were questioned about a number of climacteric complaints, incontinence and dyspareunia, consultation of a physician, menopausal status and several background characteristics...
- Chronic pelvic pain in the community--symptoms, investigations, and diagnosesK T Zondervan
Department of Public Health, Institute of Health Sciences, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:1149-55. 2001OBJECTIVES: This study was undertaken to investigate the overlap between chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, irritable bowel syndrome, and genitourinary symptoms in the community and also to examine associated investigations ..
- Total Prolift System surgery for treatment posthysterectomy vaginal vault prolapse--do we treat both anatomy and function?Tomasz Rechberger
II Katedra i Klinika Ginekologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 79:835-9. 2008..To assess clinical efficacy of Total Prolift System surgery kit in the treatment of post hysterectomy vaginal vault prolapse...
- A cognitive-behavioral group program for women with vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS): factors associated with treatment successMoniek M ter Kuile
Department of Psychosomatic Gynecology and Sexology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands m m ter
J Sex Marital Ther 32:199-213. 2006..These findings are consistent with a cognitive-behavioral conceptualization of VVS...
- Assessing sexual function and dyspareunia with the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) in women with vulvodyniaRobin M Masheb
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8098, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 30:315-24. 2004..Results highlight difficulties experienced across all domains of sexual function, particularly with regard to dyspareunia, for women with vulvodynia. Findings also support the internal consistency and discriminant validity of the FSFI...
- Factors predisposing women to chronic pelvic pain: systematic reviewPallavi Latthe
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TG
BMJ 332:749-55. 2006..Exposure to risk factors was compared between women with and without pelvic pain. Results were pooled within subgroups defined by type of pain and risk factors...
- When sex hurts, anxiety and fear orient attention towards painKimberley A Payne
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Avenue, Montreal, QC, Canada QC H3A 1B1
Eur J Pain 9:427-36. 2005..This effect was predicted by state and trait anxiety and fear of pain. According to these data, treament strategies for VVS should target anxiety and fear in addition to sensory systems...
- Evaluation and differential diagnosis of dyspareuniaL J Heim
USAF, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida 32542, USA
Am Fam Physician 63:1535-44. 2001b>Dyspareunia is genital pain associated with sexual intercourse. Although this condition has historically been defined by psychologic theories, the current treatment approach favors an integrated pain model...
- Sexual dysfunction after trocar-guided transvaginal mesh repair of pelvic organ prolapseDaniel Altman
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 113:127-33. 2009..To estimate sexual dysfunction before and after trocar-guided transvaginal mesh surgery for pelvic organ prolapse...
- The effect of pain-related fear on sexual arousal in women with superficial dyspareuniaMarieke Brauer
Department of Psychosomatic Gynecology and Sexology, Leiden University Medical Center, Poortgebouw Zuid, Rijnsburgerweg 10, 2300, RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Pain 11:788-98. 2007The role of pain-related fear in the etiology and/or maintenance of superficial dyspareunia is still unclear...
- Dyspareunia response in patients with interstitial cystitis treated with intravesical lidocaine, bicarbonate, and heparinBlayne K Welk
Division of Urology, Providence Healthcare, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Urology 71:67-70. 2008To test the dyspareunia response of patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome treated with an intravesical therapeutic solution of lidocaine, heparin, and sodium bicarbonate.
- [Women's dyspareunia after childbirth: a case study in a hospital in Acapulco, Mexico]Elvia Solana-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion de Enfermedades Tropicales, Universidad Autonoma de Guerrero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico
Rev Panam Salud Publica 23:44-51. 2008To identify the factors associated with dyspareunia, during the 60-180 days following childbirth, in women with a history of one or two childbirths.
- Prolapse repair by vaginal route using a new protected low-weight polypropylene mesh: 1-year functional and anatomical outcome in a prospective multicentre studyRenaud de Tayrac
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Caremeau University Hospital, place du Professeur Robert Debré, 30029, Nimes, Cedex 9, France
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:251-6. 2007..3%), six of them necessitated another procedure by simple excision. The rate of de novo dyspareunia was 12.8%. At follow-up, improvement of PFDI and PFIQ scores were highly significant (p<0.0001)...
- Does the Prolift system cause dyspareunia?Joye K Lowman
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:707.e1-6. 2008The purpose of this study was to determine the de novo dyspareunia rate with the Prolift procedure.
- When sex hurts: menopause-related dyspareunia. Vaginal dryness and atrophy can be treatedAnne Katz
CancerCare, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Nurs 107:34-6, 39. 2007
- How could management of rectoceles be optimized?Judith T W Goh
Department of Urogynaecology, Royal Women s Hospital and Department of Surgery, Colorectal Unit, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:896-901. 2002..There is, however, little data to suggest which is the most effective technique, or whether specific techniques are more appropriate in certain circumstances.7..
- Prevalence and incidence of prolonged and severe dyspareunia in women: results from a population studyIngela Danielsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Sundsvall Hospital, S 851 86 Sundsvall, Sweden
Scand J Public Health 31:113-8. 2003..aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence and incidence of prolonged (>/= 6 months) and severe dyspareunia in a non-patient population of women, and to explore the rate of recovery as well as the inclination to seek ..
- Male dyspareunia due to short frenulum: the suture-free, "pull and burn" methodKostis Gyftopoulos
Department of Anatomy, University of Patras, School of Medicine, Rion, Greece
J Sex Med 6:2611-4. 2009The presence of a short frenulum is a common cause for dyspareunia in males, often resulting in painful intercourse and trauma to the frenulum...
- A randomized comparison of group cognitive--behavioral therapy, surface electromyographic biofeedback, and vestibulectomy in the treatment of dyspareunia resulting from vulvar vestibulitisS Bergeron
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1B1, Canada
Pain 91:297-306. 2001..12-week trial), surface electromyographic biofeedback (12-week trial), and vestibulectomy in the treatment of dyspareunia resulting from vulvar vestibulitis...
- Dyspareunia: a complex problem requiring a selective approachMohammad Sami Walid
Medical Center of Central Georgia, 840 Pine Street, Suite 880, Macon, GA 31201, USA
Sex Health 6:250-3. 2009b>Dyspareunia frequently has a multifactorial aetiology...
- Quality of sex life in women with endometriosis and deep dyspareuniaSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Fertil Steril 83:573-9. 2005To characterize sexual function among women with endometriosis and deep dyspareunia (DD).
- On categorization and quantification of women's sexual dysfunctions: an epidemiological approachK Oberg
Department of Neuroscience, Rehabilitation Medicine and Sexology Unit, Neurocenter, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Impot Res 16:261-9. 2004..More than one-third had dyspareunia, but few reported vaginism. Mild dysfunctions were clearly more common than manifest dysfunctions...
- Painful sexual intercourse caused by a disproportionately long penis: an historical note on a remarkable treatment devised by Guilhelmius Fabricius Hildanus (1560-1634)Erwin J O Kompanje
Department of Intensive Care, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, P O Box 2040, 3000, CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Sex Behav 35:603-5. 2006..The woman described in this case report most likely suffered from positional deep dyspareunia. Hildanus invented in 1593 a remarkable made-to-measure device...
- Dyspareunia and mesh erosion after vaginal mesh placement with a kit procedureSarah Hamilton Boyles
Providence Women and Children s Health Research Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:969-75. 2008
- Association between endometriosis stage, lesion type, patient characteristics and severity of pelvic pain symptoms: a multivariate analysis of over 1000 patientsP Vercellini
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Milano, Italy
Hum Reprod 22:266-71. 2007....
- What can prevalence studies tell us about female sexual difficulty and dysfunction?Richard D Hayes
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Sex Med 3:589-95. 2006..Many recent studies have investigated the prevalence of female sexual difficulty/dysfunction...
- Deep dyspareunia and sex life after laparoscopic excision of endometriosisS Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Hum Reprod 22:1142-8. 2007Among subjects with endometriosis and deep dyspareunia (DD), those with endometriosis of the uterosacral ligament (USLE) have the most severe impairment of sexual function...
- Dyspareunia and quality of sex life after laparoscopic excision of endometriosis and postoperative administration of triptorelinSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Fertil Steril 87:227-9. 2007..effect of laparoscopic full excision of endometriosis combined with postoperative triptorelin treatment on deep dyspareunia (DD) and quality of sex life. One year after completing the postoperative treatment, 45...
- The prevalence of sexual dysfunction and potential risk factors that may impair sexual function in Malaysian womenHatta Sidi
Department of Psychiatry, National University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Sex Med 4:311-21. 2007..Female sexual dysfunction (FSD) is a prevalent sexual health problem that does not spare the women in Malaysia, a nation with a conservative multiethnic society...
- WHO systematic review of prevalence of chronic pelvic pain: a neglected reproductive health morbidityPallavi Latthe
Birmingham Women s Healthcare NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
BMC Public Health 6:177. 2006..We systematically reviewed worldwide literature on the prevalence of different types of CPP to assess the geographical distribution of data, and to explore sources of variation in its estimates...
- Surgery for gastrointestinal endometriosis: indications and resultsP Houtmeyers
Departments of Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 106:413-6. 2006..The purpose of our study was to report our experience with the diagnosis and treatment of bowel endometriosis...
- [Guidelines for the management of painful endometriosis]H Roman
Clinica Obstetrică Ginecologie, CHU Charles Nicolle Rouen, Franta
Chirurgia (Bucur) 103:265-74. 2008..To establish guidelines for the medical and surgical management of painful endometriosis...
- Sexual dysfunctions: classifications and definitionsKonstantinos Hatzimouratidis
2nd Department of Urology and Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Sex Med 4:241-50. 2007....
- Sexual dysfunction among female patients of reproductive age in a hospital setting in NigeriaBenjamin A Fajewonyomi
Department of Community Health, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Health Popul Nutr 25:101-6. 2007..3%), disorder of arousal (n=l 3; 5.4%), disorder of orgasm (n=154; 63.6%), and painful coitus (dyspareunia) (n=55; 22.7%). The peak age of sexual dysfunction was observed among the age-group of 26-30 years...
- Adenomyosis: prevalence, risk factors, symptoms and clinical findingsO Yeniel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 34:163-7. 2007..Epidemiological characteristics, predisposing risk factors, symptoms and clinical findings of adenomyosis were evaluated...
- Effective post-laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis with dydrogesteronePrakash Trivedi
National Institute of Laser and Endoscopic Surgery, AAKAR IVF Centre, Mumbai, India
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:73-6. 2007..Pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea and dyspareunia improved significantly (p < 0.05) after the first cycle of treatment...
- Psychosexual characteristics of vestibulodynia couples: partner solicitousness and hostility are associated with painMylène Desrosiers
Department of Sexology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Sex Med 5:418-27. 2008..In particular, data concerning relationship characteristics and psychosexual functioning of partners of these women are scarce. Moreover, no research to date has examined the role of the partner in vestibulodynia...
- Evaluation of serum CA 125 levels in patients with pelvic pain related to endometriosisA Maiorana
I II Units of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Civic Hospital, Via Carlo Goldoni 9 10, 90145 Palermo, Italy
Int J Biol Markers 22:200-2. 2007..We also investigated the relationship between serum CA 125 concentration and the intensity of dysmenorrhea and dyspareunia in the study group...
- Clinical pitfalls of pain recurrence in endometriosis arising in the posterior vaginal fornixMasahito Tachibana
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:207-10. 2007Endometriotic nodules in the lower genital tract often cause dysmenorrhea and dyspareunia. We report here a case of posterior vaginal fornix endometriosis that was overlooked for several years...
- Hormonal suppression treatment or dietary therapy versus placebo in the control of painful symptoms after conservative surgery for endometriosis stage III-IV. A randomized comparative trialFrancesco Sesti
Endometriosis Center, Section of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Department of Surgery, Tor Vergata University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 88:1541-7. 2007..To evaluate the effectiveness for the outcomes of endometriosis-related pain and quality of life of conservative surgery plus placebo compared with conservative surgery plus hormonal suppression treatment or dietary therapy...
- Effectiveness of hypnosis for the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: a preliminary investigationCaroline Pukall
Department of Psychology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Sex Med 4:417-25. 2007..Most treatments target the pain component with the assumption that sexual function will increase once the pain has decreased, yet this is not necessarily the case...
- Female sexual function and activity following cystectomy and continent urinary tract diversion for benign indications: a clinical pilot study and review of literatureHenk Willem Elzevier
Department of Urology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Sex Med 4:406-16. 2007..There are limited data on female sexual function after cystectomy for benign indications...
- Prevalence and correlates of three types of pelvic pain in a nationally representative sample of Australian womenMarian K Pitts
Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 189:138-43. 2008To identify the prevalence and correlates of three types of pelvic pain (dysmenorrhoea, dyspareunia, and other chronic pelvic pain [CPP]) in a nationally representative sample of Australian women.
- [Guidelines for the management of painful endometriosis]H Roman
Clinique Gynécologique et Obstétricale, CHU Charles Nicolle, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:141-50. 2007..To establish guidelines for the medical and surgical management of painful endometriosis...
- Sexual function and sexual distress in women with interstitial cystitis: a case-control studyKenneth M Peters
Ministrelli Program for Urologic Research and Education, Department of Urology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Urology 70:543-7. 2007..To evaluate female sexual dysfunction (FSD) in women with interstitial cystitis (IC) versus a control group. Specific areas of FSD in women with IC have not been reported...
- [Management of endometriosis: clinical and biological assessment]P Panel
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier de Versailles, Hopital Andre Mignot, 177, rue de Versailles, 78157 Le Chesnay, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:119-28. 2007No symptom is pathognomonic for endometriosis. Main symptoms are pain (chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, deep dyspareunia, pain on defecation, cyclic pain) and infertility (grade C)...
- Predictors of genital pain in young womenMelissa A Farmer
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 36:831-43. 2007..The evaluation of levels of genital pain may provide insight into the mechanisms underlying the impairment of sexual function, sexual behavior, and sexual satisfaction...
- Distress about sex: a national survey of women in heterosexual relationshipsJohn Bancroft
The Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender, and Reproduction, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405 3700, USA
Arch Sex Behav 32:193-208. 2003..These findings are compared with those from other studies involving representative samples of women, and the conceptual issues involved in the use of terms such as "sexual problem" and "sexual dysfunction" are discussed...
- Correlations between extent and spread of adenomyosis and clinical symptomsAref Sammour
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Department of Pathology, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Gynecol Obstet Invest 54:213-6. 2002..To correlate the histopathology of adenomyosis particularly the depth and spread of adenomyosis and symptomatology...
- Effectiveness of presacral neurectomy in women with severe dysmenorrhea caused by endometriosis who were treated with laparoscopic conservative surgery: a 1-year prospective randomized double-blind controlled trialFulvio Zullo
Departments Obstetrics and Gynecology, the University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, The University of Rome, Catanzaro, Rome
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:5-10. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess the effectiveness of presacral neurectomy in women with severe dysmenorrhea caused by endometriosis that was treated with conservative surgical intervention...
- Vaginal spasm, pain, and behavior: an empirical investigation of the diagnosis of vaginismusElke D Reissing
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 33:5-17. 2004..women, matched on age, relationship status, and parity, were assigned to one of three groups: vaginismus, dyspareunia resulting from vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS), and no pain with intercourse...
- Long-term effectiveness of presacral neurectomy for the treatment of severe dysmenorrhea due to endometriosisFulvio Zullo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:23-8. 2004..To assess the long-term effectiveness of presacral neurectomy (PSN) in women with severe dysmenorrhea due to endometriosis treated with conservative laparoscopic surgical intervention...
- A danazol-loaded intrauterine device decreases dysmenorrhea, pelvic pain, and dyspareunia associated with endometriosisLuigi Cobellis
Fertil Steril 82:239-40. 2004..Dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, and pelvic pain significantly decreased after the first month, with a persistent effect during the 6 months of ..
- The menopause and sexual functioning: a review of the population-based studiesLorraine Dennerstein
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Annu Rev Sex Res 14:64-82. 2003..There was a significant increase in vaginal dryness and dyspareunia and women's reports of their partner's problems in sexual performance...
- Validation of a questionnaire for self-assessment of sexual function and vaginal changes after gynaecological cancerPernille T Jensen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, H S Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychooncology 13:577-92. 2004..The instrument consists of 20 core items, measuring sexual interest, lubrication, orgasm, dyspareunia, vaginal dimensions, intimacy, sexual problems of partner, sexual activity, sexual satisfaction, and body image...
- Add-back therapy in the treatment of endometriosis-associated painErrico Zupi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 82:1303-8. 2004..To determine the efficacy of GnRH analogue plus add-back therapy compared with GnRH analogue alone and estroprogestin in patients with relapse of endometriosis-associated pain...
- Abdominal wall endometriomasRay G Blanco
Department of Surgery, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, 1650 Selwyn Ave, 4th Floor, Suite 4F, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Am J Surg 185:596-8. 2003..The diagnosis of abdominal wall endometriomas is often confused with other surgical conditions...
- Time elapsed from onset of symptoms to diagnosis of endometriosis in a cohort study of Brazilian womenM S Arruda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Hum Reprod 18:756-9. 2003..The study aim was to assess the time elapsed between onset of symptoms and diagnosis of endometriosis, and to identify the factors associated with diagnostic delay in a group of Brazilian women...
- Vaginal microbiological flora, and behavioural and clinical findings in women with vulvar painK Tchoudomirova
Department of Venerology, University Hospital, Bulgaria
BJOG 108:451-5. 2001..9%) had, on request, complaints of current burning and smarting vulvar pain and/or superficial dyspareunia (our definition of vulvar pain) while 917 women without such symptoms served as controls...
- Female genital mutilation and its psychosexual impactM H El-DeFrawi
Psychiatry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt
J Sex Marital Ther 27:465-73. 2001..However, other psychosexual problems, such as loss of interest in foreplay and dyspareunia, did not reach statistical significance...
- Cyproterone acetate versus a continuous monophasic oral contraceptive in the treatment of recurrent pelvic pain after conservative surgery for symptomatic endometriosisPaolo Vercellini
Istituto Ostetrico e Ginecologico Luigi Mangiagalli, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 77:52-61. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of cyproterone acetate versus an oral contraceptive in the treatment of endometriosis-associated recurrent pelvic pain...
- Celiac disease as a cause of chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, and deep dyspareuniaMaria Grazia Porpora
Second Institute of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 99:937-9. 2002..Celiac disease may be subclinical and difficult to diagnose in adults. It has been associated with infertility and miscarriage but rarely with other gynecologic symptoms...
- Risk Factors for EndometriosisDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2002..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and irritable bowel syndrome...
- A Novel Target for the Treatment of EndometriosisPaul D Crowe; Fiscal Year: 2011..provided by applicant): Endometriosis is a major cause of severe pelvic pain, pain during menstruation, dyspareunia and infertility in women of child-bearing age with an estimated $22 billion cost of diagnosis and treatment in ..
- Stress: Potential Impact on an Animal Model of EndometriosisCaroline B Appleyard; Fiscal Year: 2012..fibrosis, adhesions and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (dysmenorrhea) and infertility...
- Vaginal microbiota, immune responses and vulvovaginal symptoms during menopauseRebecca M Brotman; Fiscal Year: 2013..of menopausal women report vulvovaginal symptoms including vaginal dryness, irritation, burning, itching, and dyspareunia, all of which severely affect quality of life...
- The effects of stress on the pathophysiology of endometriosisMARIELLY CUEVAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..fibrosis, adhesions and ovarian cysts, which result in chronic pelvic pain, pain during intercourse (dyspareunia), painful periods (dysmenorrhea) and infertility...
- Identifying therapeutic targets for vulvodyniaPeter G Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..its correlation to mechanical vestibular sensitivity, and determine if our model shows behavior consistent with dyspareunia. We will assess whether estrogen, which alters normal patterns of nociceptor innervation, also affects ..
- SNP Analysis of Endometriosis Candidate GenesIdhaliz Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..This condition is characterized by severe pelvic pain, dyspareunia, dysmenorrhea, and infertility...
- A Controlled Trial of Gabapentin in Vulvodynia: Biological Correlates of ResponseDAVID CHARLES FOSTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..localized to the vulvar vestibule, pain with tampon insertion, and, when sexually active, insertional dyspareunia. Electronically entered daily diaries will be used to determine if pain is lower in PVD subjects when treated ..
- Comprehensive Evaluation of Prolapse Meshes by an Interdisciplinary Research TeamPamela A Moalli; Fiscal Year: 2013..morbidity including infection, mesh shrinkage, mesh erosion, mesh exposure, pelvic, rectal and bladder pain and dyspareunia. Such complications have become significant enough for the FDA to recently release a warning about mesh use, ..
- Refining Diagnostic Criteria of a Pain Disorder: Vulvar Vestibulitis SyndromeDenniz A Zolnoun; Fiscal Year: 2010..divergent group of women with the sole common feature of frustration with persistent vulvar pain and dyspareunia. Refinement of therapeutic interventions and insight into the underlying pathophysiology of VVS are critically ..
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and dyschezia...
- A prospective study of diet and endometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Signs and symptoms include dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, infertility, dysuria, and dyschezia...
- REPRODUCTIVE/CONTRACEPTIVE RISK FACTORS & ENDOMETRIOSISVictoria Holt; Fiscal Year: 2005Endometriosis affects 5-10% of reproductive-age women with chronic pelvic pain, dysmenorrhea, dyspareunia, and infertility...
- Sexual Functioning and QOL in Women with Cervical CancerDiane Bodurka; Fiscal Year: 2003..To assess the entire range of sexual functioning (desire, arousal, orgasmic capacity, dyspareunia, and sexual satisfaction) over the course of treatment and early follow-up in patients with local and locally ..
- Living with Chronic Pelvic Pain: Personal/Social ImpactFran Strzempko; Fiscal Year: 2003..Common symptoms include pelvic pain, and dyspareunia. Relationship and role disruptions in endometriosis are reported, but the woman and couple's symptom ..
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- VULVODYNIA PREVALENCE AND EFFICACY OF 4 INTERVENTIONSGloria Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Vulvar vestibulitis and dyspareunia are two common, although not well-understood clinical components or sub-types of vulvodynia...
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COGNITIVE-BEHAVIORAL THERAPY FOR VULVODYNIARobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically, results from this study may provide a justified treatment option for women with vulvodynia. ..
- Female Pelvic Floor Disorders and Sexual FunctionsVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This powerful combination will provide the candidate with the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, independently funded investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture Treatment for Menopausal Hot FlashesNancy Avis; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CBT and Dieting: Effects on Psychopathology and Weight in BEDRobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Early Abuse on Adult Intimate RelationshipsCindy M Meston; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings from this investigation will have implications for understanding both the psychological and physiological mechanisms that link CA with detrimental intimacy/relational factors in adulthood. ..
- PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF PTSD & ADVERSE OUTCOMES OF CHILDBEARINGJulia Seng; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from this study will provide a strong basis for future clinical research and an evidence base for potentially modifying maternity care practice guidelines to include care for PTSD. ..
- Translating an Efficaious HPV Vaccine into the Control of Cervical CancerSharon Bond; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developmental Psychopathology and Maternal Substance UseSharon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Mentors and consultants will provide expertise and oversight in all career development and research activities. ..
- CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION--ROLE OF INFECTION/IMMUNITYCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MARYLAND INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2003..This group will bring to the IC CTG experienced, motivated, and dedicated investigators; a new cadre of IC patients; and a network of referring urologists/gynecologists to study management strategies for this distressing disease. ..
- MENTORING IN RESEARCH ON ENDOMETRIOSISAna Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Glycodelin may increase NK cell activity thus decreasing tumor growth. ..
- MACROPHAGES, OXIDATION, AND ENDOMETRIOSISAna Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project will also evaluate the efficacy of antioxidants to alter the levels of these markers. The program is supported by an administrative core and a tissue/cell culture core. ..
- A Case Control Study of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) That patients with IC have remissions and that certain clinical features, e.g., bacterial cystitis at disease onset, are prognostic factors for remissions. ..
- Surveillance Strategies Following Treatment for CINJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Alternative strategies for post-treatment surveillance will be evaluated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Interstitial CystitisJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2007..The identification of alleles of susceptibility to IC may reveal clues to pathogenesis, clinical therapy, preventive strategy, and possibly gene therapies. ..
- Fragile X Premutations Among Women Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian ReserveLisa Pastore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ginkgo Biloba: Antidepressant-Induced Sexual DysfunctionCindy Meston; Fiscal Year: 2003..If effective, GBE could play a significant adjunctive role in the treatment of clinical depression and other psychological disorders commonly treated with antidepressant medications. ..
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Acupuncture/Reproductive Hormones/Ovulation/PolycysticLisa Pastore; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., normal insulin, smaller body mass index) are more responsive to acupuncture therapy. We will also compare enrollment strategies for population-based recruitment of women into an acupuncture clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..