Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancer of ENDOMETRIUM, the mucous lining of the UTERUS. These neoplasms can be benign or malignant. Their classification and grading are based on the various cell types and the percent of undifferentiated cells.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Endometrial cancerFrederic Amant
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Division of Gynaecological Oncology, UZ Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium
Lancet 366:491-505. 2005..We review current concepts about epidemiology, pathology, pathogenesis, risk factors and prevention, diagnosis, staging, prognostic factors, treatment, and follow-up of endometrial cancer...
- Randomized phase III trial of whole-abdominal irradiation versus doxorubicin and cisplatin chemotherapy in advanced endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyMarcus E Randall
Leo W Jenkins Cancer Center, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:36-44. 2006..To compare whole-abdominal irradiation (WAI) and doxorubicin-cisplatin (AP) chemotherapy in women with stage III or IV endometrial carcinoma having a maximum of 2 cm of postoperative residual disease...
- Markers for individualised therapy in endometrial carcinomaHelga B Salvesen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Lancet Oncol 13:e353-61. 2012..We summarise the present knowledge regarding biomarkers in endometrial carcinoma, assessing how such markers could be applied to address key clinical challenges for the treatment of this disease...
- High frequency of PIK3R1 and PIK3R2 mutations in endometrial cancer elucidates a novel mechanism for regulation of PTEN protein stabilityLydia W T Cheung
Department of Systems Biology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77054 1942
Cancer Discov 1:170-85. 2011..Taken together, the PI3K pathway represents a critical driver of endometrial cancer pathogenesis and a novel therapeutic target...
- Metformin promotes progesterone receptor expression via inhibition of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) in endometrial cancer cellsYa Xie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 126:113-20. 2011..Our results demonstrate that metformin promotes PR expression, which can be inhibited by overexpressed IGF-II in EC. This effect is partially mediated through activating AMPK followed by inhibiting the overactivated mTOR pathway...
- Emerging therapeutic targets in endometrial cancerKonstantin J Dedes
The breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Center, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK konstantin dedes usz ch
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 8:261-71. 2011....
- A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyHenry M Keys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:744-51. 2004....
- Endometrial carcinoma: molecular alterations involved in tumor development and progressionA Yeramian
Department of Pathology and Molecular Genetics and Research Laboratory, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, University of Lleida, IRBLLEIDA, Lleida, Spain
Oncogene 32:403-13. 2013..In this review, the genetic changes of endometrial carcinogenesis are discussed in the light of the morphological features of the tumors and their precursors...
- DNA methylation in endometrial cancerMeng Hua Tao
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine School of Public Health and Health Professions University at Buffalo, NY, USA
Epigenetics 5:491-8. 2010....
- Phase II study of temsirolimus in women with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer: a trial of the NCIC Clinical Trials GroupAmit M Oza
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:3278-85. 2011..Temsirolimus, an ester derivative of rapamycin that inhibits mTOR, was evaluated in this setting...
- A unique spectrum of somatic PIK3CA (p110alpha) mutations within primary endometrial carcinomasMeghan L Rudd
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:1331-40. 2011..The goal of this study was to comprehensively define the incidence of mutations in all exons of PIK3CA in both endometrioid endometrial cancer (EEC) and nonendometrioid endometrial cancer (NEEC)...
- Molecular determinants for the tissue specificity of SERMsYongfeng Shang
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 295:2465-8. 2002..Thus cell type- and promoter-specific differences in coregulator recruitment determine the cellular response to SERMs...
- Drug-sensitive FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinomaAmit Dutt
Department of Medical Oncology and Center for Cancer Genome Discovery, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8713-7. 2008..Inhibition of FGFR2 kinase activity in endometrial carcinoma cell lines bearing such FGFR2 mutations inhibits transformation and survival, implicating FGFR2 as a novel therapeutic target in endometrial carcinoma...
- Obesity, endogenous hormones, and endometrial cancer risk: a synthetic reviewRudolf Kaaks
Hormones and Cancer Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 69372 Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:1531-43. 2002..The ovarian androgen excess may be because of an interaction between obesity-related, chronic hyperinsulinemia with genetic factors predisposing to the development of ovarian hyperandrogenism...
- Frequent activating FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinomas parallel germline mutations associated with craniosynostosis and skeletal dysplasia syndromesP M Pollock
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Oncogene 26:7158-62. 2007..The discovery of activating FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinoma raises the possibility of employing anti-FGFR molecularly targeted therapies in patients with advanced or recurrent endometrial carcinoma...
- Cancer risks associated with germline mutations in MLH1, MSH2, and MSH6 genes in Lynch syndromeValerie Bonadona
Universite Lyon 1, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR5558, Villeurbanne, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, Cedex 08, France
JAMA 305:2304-10. 2011..Providing accurate estimates of cancer risks is a major challenge in the clinical management of Lynch syndrome...
- The deficiency of Akt1 is sufficient to suppress tumor development in Pten+/- miceMei Ling Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 20:1569-74. 2006..Even haplodeficiency of Akt1 was sufficient to markedly attenuate the development of high-grade prostate intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) and endometrial carcinoma. These results have significant implications for cancer therapy...
- The association between metabolic abnormality and endometrial cancer: a large case-control study in ChinaYan Zhang
Department of Clinical Pathology, Affiliated Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, PR China
Gynecol Oncol 117:41-6. 2010..To investigate the association between insulin-resistance-related conditions (comprising the metabolic syndrome) and endometrial cancer risk in Chinese women...
- Diabetes mellitus and risk of endometrial cancer: a meta-analysisE Friberg
Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, The National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, PO Box 210, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetologia 50:1365-74. 2007..To provide a quantitative assessment of the association between diabetes and risk of endometrial cancer, we conducted a meta-analysis of case-control studies and cohort studies...
- High frequency of coexistent mutations of PIK3CA and PTEN genes in endometrial carcinomaKatsutoshi Oda
Cancer Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cancer Res 65:10669-73. 2005..Our data suggest that the PI3K pathway is extensively activated in endometrial carcinomas, and that combination of PIK3CA/PTEN alterations might play an important role in development of these tumors...
- Altered PTEN expression as a diagnostic marker for the earliest endometrial precancersG L Mutter
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:924-30. 2000..Testing the hypothesis that altered PTEN function precedes the appearance of endometrial adenocarcinoma has been difficult, however, partly because of uncertainties in precancer diagnosis...
- Integrated genomic profiling of endometrial carcinoma associates aggressive tumors with indicators of PI3 kinase activationH B Salvesen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:4834-9. 2009..The results affirm the utility of systematic characterization of the cancer genome in clinically annotated specimens and suggest the particular importance of the PI3K pathway in patients who have aggressive endometrial cancer...
- PTEN/MMAC1 mutations in endometrial cancersJ I Risinger
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cancer Res 57:4736-8. 1997..These data indicate that PTEN/MMAC1 is more commonly mutated than any other known gene in endometrial cancers...
- PIK3CA cooperates with other phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase pathway mutations to effect oncogenic transformationKatsutoshi Oda
Cancer Research Institute, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 68:8127-36. 2008..Our data therefore suggest that in tumors with co-occurring mutations in multiple components of the PI3K pathway, selective inhibition of the alpha isoform of p110 is an attractive therapeutic strategy, especially for late-stage tumors...
- Hypomethylation-linked activation of PAX2 mediates tamoxifen-stimulated endometrial carcinogenesisHuijian Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Nature 438:981-7. 2005..Our experiments show that PAX2 is activated by oestrogen and tamoxifen in endometrial carcinomas but not in normal endometrium, and that this activation is associated with cancer-linked hypomethylation of the PAX2 promoter...
- Conditional loss of uterine Pten unfailingly and rapidly induces endometrial cancer in miceTakiko Daikoku
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenessee 37232, USA
Cancer Res 68:5619-27. 2008..These mouse models have the added advantage because they mimic several features of human EMC...
- Uterine papillary serous and clear cell carcinomas predict for poorer survival compared to grade 3 endometrioid corpus cancersC A Hamilton
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 875 Blake Wilbur Drive, MC 5827, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Br J Cancer 94:642-6. 2006..Women with UPSC and CC of the uterus have a significantly poorer prognosis compared to those with G3EC. These findings should be considered in the counselling, treating and designing of future trials for these high-risk patients...
- Inhibition of activated fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 in endometrial cancer cells induces cell death despite PTEN abrogationSara A Byron
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, USA
Cancer Res 68:6902-7. 2008..Together, these data suggest that inhibition of FGFR2 may be a viable therapeutic option in endometrial tumors possessing activating mutations in FGFR2, despite the frequent abrogation of PTEN in this cancer type...
- Epithelial membrane protein-2 promotes endometrial tumor formation through activation of FAK and SrcMaoyong Fu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19945. 2011....
- A phase 2 study of the oral mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor, everolimus, in patients with recurrent endometrial carcinomaBrian M Slomovitz
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 116:5415-9. 2010..Loss of PTEN or activation of PIK3CA results in constitutive activation of AKT, which leads to up-regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). Everolimus is an oral rapamycin analog that acts by selectively inhibiting mTOR...
- The EMT signaling pathways in endometrial carcinomaEva Colas
Biomedical Research Unit, Vall d Hebron Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 14:715-20. 2012..Pathways including progesterone receptor, TGFβ, ETV5 and microRNAs are deeply related to the EMT process in EC...
- Identification of molecular markers and signaling pathway in endometrial cancer in Hong Kong Chinese women by genome-wide gene expression profilingY F Wong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Oncogene 26:1971-82. 2007..The results of this study highlight the molecular features of endometrioid endometrial cancer and provide insight into the events underlying the development and progression of endometrioid endometrial cancer...
- Factors associated with Type I and Type II endometrial cancerAshley S Felix
Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Science, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, 5150 Centre Avenue, Suite 4 C, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:1851-6. 2010..We investigated risk factors for Type II (n = 176) vs. Type I (n = 1,576) endometrial cancer (EC) in cases treated at Magee-Womens Hospital between 1996 and 2008...
- Endometrial hyperplasia and the risk of progression to carcinomaJames V Lacey
Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852 7234, United States
Maturitas 63:39-44. 2009....
- The microRNA-200 family is upregulated in endometrial carcinomaJaime Snowdon
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University and Kingston General Hospital, Kingston, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e22828. 2011..The objective of this study was to identify dysregulated miRNAs in endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma (EEC) and the precursor lesion, complex atypical hyperplasia (CAH)...
- Safety of laparoscopy versus laparotomy in early-stage endometrial cancer: a randomised trialMarian J E Mourits
Department of Gynaecology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 11:763-71. 2010..This study investigated the complication rate of TLH versus TAH in women with early-stage endometrial cancer...
- Micro-RNA signature of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in endometrial carcinosarcomaMaria Angeles Castilla
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío IBIS, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
J Pathol 223:72-80. 2011..These data suggest that in human ECS, the interplay between transcriptional repressors of E-cadherin and miRNAs provides a link between EMT-activation and the maintenance of stemness...
- Endometrial cancer and hormone-replacement therapy in the Million Women StudyValerie Beral
Lancet 365:1543-51. 2005..To minimise this risk, many HRT users who have not had a hysterectomy use combined oestrogen-progestagen preparations or tibolone. Limited information is available on the incidence of endometrial cancer in users of these therapies...
- PIK3R1 (p85α) is somatically mutated at high frequency in primary endometrial cancerMary E Urick
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 71:4061-7. 2011....
- Utility of a novel serum tumor biomarker HE4 in patients with endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterusRichard G Moore
Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02925, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:196-201. 2008..The objectives of this study were to examine the levels of several novel tumor markers HE4, SMRP, CA72.4 and CA125 as potential markers in patients diagnosed with endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterus...
- Endometrial cancerAndrew J Ryan
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 322:53-61. 2005..This article reviews the current knowledge of the molecular changes commonly associated with endometrial cancer and presents possible progression models...
- Quality of life after pelvic radiotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy for endometrial cancer: first results of the randomized PORTEC-2 trialRemi A Nout
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:3547-56. 2009..Vaginal brachytherapy provides a better QOL, and should be the preferred treatment from a QOL perspective...
- The oncogenic mutation in the pleckstrin homology domain of AKT1 in endometrial carcinomasK Shoji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:145-8. 2009..The AKT1 (E17K) mutation has been reported in some tumour types (breast, colorectal, ovarian and lung cancers), and it is of interest which tumour types other than those possess the E17K mutation...
- Significance of PTEN alterations in endometrial carcinoma: a population-based study of mutations, promoter methylation and PTEN protein expressionHelga B Salvesen
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Int J Oncol 25:1615-23. 2004..A pathway in endometrial carcinogenesis involving PTEN mutation and microsatellite instability is confirmed, and this study also indicates the importance of PTEN and hMLH1 methylation in this pathway...
- Dysregulation of microRNA-204 mediates migration and invasion of endometrial cancer by regulating FOXC1T K H Chung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Int J Cancer 130:1036-45. 2012..This miRNA signature offers a potential biomarker for predicting EEC outcomes, and targeting of these cancer progression- and metastasis-related miRNAs offers a novel potential therapeutic strategy for the disease...
- Metabolic syndrome and endometrial cancer riskV Rosato
Department of Epidemiology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 22:884-9. 2011..e. obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia, but only a few epidemiological studies considered the association with MetS overall...
- Molecular phenotyping of human endometrium distinguishes menstrual cycle phases and underlying biological processes in normo-ovulatory womenS Talbi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, Parnassus, M1495, Box 0132, San Francisco, California 94143 0132, USA
Endocrinology 147:1097-121. 2006..The results underscore the potential of gene expression profiling for developing molecular diagnostics of endometrial normalcy and abnormalities and identifying molecular targets for therapeutic purposes in endometrial disorders...
- Theories of endometrial carcinogenesis: a multidisciplinary approachM E Sherman
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mod Pathol 13:295-308. 2000..It is hoped that further studies may permit the extension and modification of this model and that these advances will lead to improved diagnosis, management, and prevention...
- High incidence of breast and endometrial neoplasia resembling human Cowden syndrome in pten+/- miceV Stambolic
Amgen Research Institute and Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, Canada
Cancer Res 60:3605-11. 2000..Taken together, our results establish pten+/- mice as an excellent animal model system for the investigation of PTEN-related hamartoma syndromes, as well as the role of PTEN in breast and endometrial carcinogenesis...
- Evidence for cancer stem cells in human endometrial carcinomaSonya A Hubbard
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Anatomical Pathology, Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research and Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 69:8241-8. 2009..This evidence of cells with clonogenic, self-renewing, differentiating, and tumorigenic properties suggests that a CSC population may be responsible for production of endometrial carcinoma tumor cells...
- Vaginal brachytherapy versus pelvic external beam radiotherapy for patients with endometrial cancer of high-intermediate risk (PORTEC-2): an open-label, non-inferiority, randomised trialR A Nout
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Lancet 375:816-23. 2010..This study established whether vaginal brachytherapy (VBT) is as effective as pelvic external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) in prevention of vaginal recurrence, with fewer adverse effects and improved quality of life...
- Randomized phase III trial of pelvic radiotherapy versus cisplatin-based combined chemotherapy in patients with intermediate- and high-risk endometrial cancer: a Japanese Gynecologic Oncology Group studyNobuyuki Susumu
School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 108:226-33. 2008....
- Comprehensive miRNA profiling of surgically staged endometrial cancerDavid E Cohn
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:656.e1-8. 2010..We sought to determine a microRNA (miRNA) profile of surgically staged endometrial cancers...
- Prostaglandin F(2alpha)-F-prostanoid receptor regulates CXCL8 expression in endometrial adenocarcinoma cells via the calcium-calcineurin-NFAT pathwayKurt J Sales
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1917-28. 2009....
- The incidence and clinical significance of lymph node micrometastases determined by immunohistochemical staining in stage I - lymph node negative endometrial cancerAmy McCoy
University of South Alabama, Mitchell Cancer Institute, South Alabama, USA
Histol Histopathol 27:181-5. 2012..Determine the incidence and clinical relevance of lymph node micrometastases found with immunohistochemical (IHC) staining in patients diagnosed with stage I lymph node-negative endometrial adenocarcinoma...
- The mechanism of action of the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat involves interaction with the insulin-like growth factor signaling pathwayRive Sarfstein
Department of Human Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 6:e24468. 2011....
- Dysregulated microRNAs and their predicted targets associated with endometrioid endometrial adenocarcinoma in Hong Kong womenTony K H Chung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Int J Cancer 124:1358-65. 2009..This work provides a framework on which further research into novel diagnosis and treatment of EEC can be focused...
- Metformin potentiates the effects of paclitaxel in endometrial cancer cells through inhibition of cell proliferation and modulation of the mTOR pathwayRabbie K Hanna
University of North Carolina, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:458-69. 2012..To examine the effects of combination therapy with metformin and paclitaxel in endometrial cancer cell lines...
- Serum HE4 concentration differentiates malignant ovarian tumours from ovarian endometriotic cystsK Huhtinen
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Br J Cancer 100:1315-9. 2009..Taken together, measuring both HE4 and CA125 serum concentrations increases the accuracy of ovarian cancer diagnosis and provides valuable information to discriminate ovarian tumours from ovarian endometriotic cysts...
- Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the endometriumWilliam Creasman
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 105:109. 2009
- Proteomic approach to ETV5 during endometrial carcinoma invasion reveals a link to oxidative stressMarta Monge
Biomedical Research Unit, Research Institute, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Carcinogenesis 30:1288-97. 2009..This knowledge would also be a valuable tool for the molecular stratification of patients since myometrial affectation determines an increase in the rate of recurrence after a first surgical treatment and a decrease in 5 year survival...
- Prognostic significance of Notch signalling molecules and their involvement in the invasiveness of endometrial carcinoma cellsYuko Mitsuhashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Histopathology 60:826-37. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the significance of the expression of Notch-related molecules in endometrial carcinoma...
- Correlation of serum HE4 with tumor size and myometrial invasion in endometrial cancerEleftheria Kalogera
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Gynecol Oncol 124:270-5. 2012..To evaluate the utility of serum (HE4) as a marker for high risk disease in patients with endometrial cancer (EC)...
- (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate induces apoptosis in human endometrial adenocarcinoma cells via ROS generation and p38 MAP kinase activationMurli Manohar
Division of Endocrinology, CSIR Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, India
J Nutr Biochem 24:940-7. 2013..Taken together, these results suggest that EGCG inhibits cellular proliferation via inhibiting ERK activation and inducing apoptosis via ROS generation and p38 activation in endometrial carcinoma cells...
- DNMT inhibitors and HDAC inhibitors regulate E-cadherin and Bcl-2 expression in endometrial carcinoma in vitro and in vivoTie Zhong Yi
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Chemotherapy 58:19-29. 2012..The effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDACIs) and DNA methyltransferase inhibitors (DNMTIs) on proliferation of endometrial cancer (EC) cells in vitro and in vivo was investigated...
- PIK3CA and PTEN mutations in uterine endometrioid carcinoma and complex atypical hyperplasiaMonica Prasad Hayes
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5932-5. 2006..PTEN mutations are also common in complex atypical hyperplasia (CAH), the precursor lesion of UEC. The status of PIK3CA has not yet been explored in CAH. In this study, we evaluated both CAH and UEC for PTEN and PIK3CA mutations...
- Coffee consumption and risk of endometrial cancer: findings from a large up-to-date meta-analysisYoujin Je
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1700-10. 2012..More large studies are needed to determine subgroups to obtain more benefits from coffee drinking in relation to endometrial cancer risk...
- A prospective cohort study of coffee consumption and risk of endometrial cancer over a 26-year follow-upYoujin Je
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:2487-95. 2011..Coffee has been reported to lower levels of estrogen and insulin, two hormones implicated in endometrial carcinogenesis, but prospective data on the relation between coffee consumption and risk of endometrial cancer are limited...
- Staging of endometrial cancer with MRI: guidelines of the European Society of Urogenital ImagingK Kinkel
Clinique des Grangettes, Geneva University Hospital and Institut de Radiologie, 7, chemin des Grangettes, CH1224, Chene Bougeries Geneva, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 19:1565-74. 2009..In conclusion, expert consensus and literature review lead to an optimized MRI protocol to stage endometrial cancer...
- Endometrial carcinoma biomarker discovery and verification using differentially tagged clinical samples with multidimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometryLeroi V DeSouza
Department of Chemistry, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario M2J 1P3, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1170-82. 2007..Differential expressions of some of these candidate biomarkers were independently verified using immunohistochemistry...
- Circulating estrogens in endometrial cancer cases and their relationship with tissular expression of key estrogen biosynthesis and metabolic pathwaysJohanie Lepine
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec Research Center and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2689-98. 2010....
- Metabolic syndrome, plasma lipid, lipoprotein and glucose levels, and endometrial cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)Anne E Cust
Nutrition and Hormones Unit, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:755-67. 2007..01). None of the associations differed significantly by fasting status. These findings suggest that metabolic abnormalities and obesity may act synergistically to increase endometrial cancer risk...
- Serum VEGF levels and tissue activation of VEGFR2/KDR receptors in patients with breast and gynecologic cancerMichael I Koukourakis
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Democritus University of Thrace, and University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Cytokine 53:370-5. 2011..Yet, its role in benign breast/gynecological conditions is less clear...
- Molecular targets and targeted therapeutics in endometrial cancerBritta Weigelt
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London, UK
Curr Opin Oncol 24:554-63. 2012..This review describes the molecular alterations in endometrial cancer and how this knowledge is leading to the development of novel treatments in this area...
- MicroRNAs in endometrial cancerKouji Banno
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 18:186-92. 2013..In endometrial cancer, miRNAs are associated with regulation of gene expression, epigenetic dysfunction and carcinogenesis. Thus, miRNAs are likely to have key roles in diagnosis, prognostic prediction, and therapy in endometrial cancer...
- ER-alpha36, a variant of ER-alpha, promotes tamoxifen agonist action in endometrial cancer cells via the MAPK/ERK and PI3K/Akt pathwaysSheng Li Lin
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 5:e9013. 2010..ER-alpha36 lacks intrinsic transcription activity and mainly mediates nongenomic estrogen signaling. Here, we studied the role of nongenomic estrogen signaling pathways mediated by ER-alpha36 in tamoxifen resistance and agonist action...
- MicroRNA signatures differentiate uterine cancer tumor subtypesElena S Ratner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Gynecol Oncol 118:251-7. 2010..Our purpose was to identify miRNA profiles of EC subtypes, and to identify miRNAs associated with these subtypes to ultimately understand the different biological behavior between these subtypes...
- Endometrial cancerJoel I Sorosky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hartford Hospital, The University of Connecticut, Hartford, Connecticut 062102, USA
Obstet Gynecol 120:383-97. 2012..Conservative treatment to allow for childbearing is possible in select situations. Women with endometrial cancer should be managed by physicians experienced in the complex multimodality treatment of this disease...
- FGFR2 point mutations in 466 endometrioid endometrial tumors: relationship with MSI, KRAS, PIK3CA, CTNNB1 mutations and clinicopathological featuresSara A Byron
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30801. 2012..This has implications for the implementation of anti-FGFR or anti-MEK biologic therapies...
- p53 suppresses type II endometrial carcinomas in mice and governs endometrial tumour aggressiveness in humansPeter J Wild
Institute of Surgical Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO Mol Med 4:808-24. 2012....
- Progesterone: the ultimate endometrial tumor suppressorShujie Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 22:145-52. 2011..By defining these progesterone-regulated factors and pathways we identify the principal therapeutic opportunities to control the growth of endometrial cancer...
- Immunohistochemical studies on uterine carcinosarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, and endometrial stromal sarcoma: expression and prognostic importance of ten different markersRiitta Koivisto-Korander
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, PO Box 140, 00029 Helsinki, HUS, Finland
Tumour Biol 32:451-9. 2011..The expression of p53, ERα, and PRA in uterine LMS may give prognostic information concerning the behavior of the disease. Hormonal therapy could be recommended as a treatment option in cases of hormone receptor-positive LMS...
- Elevated expression of p53 gain-of-function mutation R175H in endometrial cancer cells can increase the invasive phenotypes by activation of the EGFR/PI3K/AKT pathwayPeixin Dong
Hospital and Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fudan University Shanghai Medical College, Shanghai, PR China
Mol Cancer 8:103. 2009..In human endometrial cancer, p53 mutation is more often associated with aggressive nonendometrioid cancer. However, it was unknown if p53 mutants contributed to endometrial cancer progression through the GOF properties...
- Metformin is a potent inhibitor of endometrial cancer cell proliferation--implications for a novel treatment strategyLeigh A Cantrell
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7572, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7572, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:92-8. 2010..In order to better understand metformin's anti-tumorigenic potential, our goal was to assess the effect of metformin on proliferation and expression of key targets of metformin cell signaling in endometrial cancer cell lines...
- Cell-specific conditional deletion of Pten in the uterus results in differential phenotypesTakiko Daikoku
Division of Reproductive Sciences, The Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:424-9. 2011..Our objective was to determine whether deletion of Pten specifically in the uterine stroma and myometrium induces cancer or manifests different phenotypes...
- Gene expression profiles in stage I uterine serous carcinoma in comparison to grade 3 and grade 1 stage I endometrioid adenocarcinomaPaulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18066. 2011..This study applied the whole genome expression profiling to explore the expression difference of stage I USC (n = 11) relative to stage I EAC-G3 (n = 11) and stage I EAC-G1 (n = 11), respectively...
- Sensitivity of transvaginal ultrasound screening for endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women: a case-control study within the UKCTOCS cohortIan Jacobs
Gynaecological Oncology, UCL EGA Institute for Women s Health, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 12:38-48. 2011..Transvaginal ultrasound (TVS) is a possible screening test, but there have been no large-scale studies. We report the performance of TVS screening in a large cohort...
- Microarray analysis reveals distinct gene expression profiles among different tumor histology, stage and disease outcomes in endometrial adenocarcinomaPaulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15415. 2010..early stage endometrioid adenocarcinoma (EAC) and uterine serous carcinoma (USC), as well as between disease outcomes in each of the two histological subtypes...
- Polymorphisms in genes of the steroid hormone biosynthesis and metabolism pathways and endometrial cancer riskKatie A Ashton
Discipline of Medical Genetics, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol 34:328-37. 2010..The environmental and reproductive risk factors that influence these hormones are well known, however, genetic variants involved in hormone biosynthesis and estrogen metabolism have not been well established in endometrial cancer...
- EphA2 targeted chemotherapy using an antibody drug conjugate in endometrial carcinomaJeong Won Lee
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2562-70. 2010..Here, we use an antibody drug conjugate (MEDI-547) composed of a fully human monoclonal antibody against both human and murine EphA2 (1C1) and the tubulin polymerization inhibitor monomethylauristatin F...
- L1CAM expression in endometrial carcinomas is regulated by usage of two different promoter regionsMarco Pfeifer
German Cancer Research Center, Department of Translational Immunology, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 11:64. 2010..Previous studies have implied the transcription factors Slug and/or β-catenin in L1CAM transcriptional regulation. However, the regulation of human L1CAM expression at the transcriptional level is not well understood...
- Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomised trial. PORTEC Study Group. Post Operative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial CarcinomaC L Creutzberg
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Lancet 355:1404-11. 2000..We did a multicentre prospective randomised trial to find whether postoperative pelvic radiotherapy improves locoregional control and survival for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma...
- Stromal deletion of the APC tumor suppressor in mice triggers development of endometrial cancerPradeep S Tanwar
Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 71:1584-96. 2011....
- Common genetic variation within IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 and endometrial cancer riskMonica McGrath
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gynecol Oncol 120:174-8. 2011..Our hypothesis is that variant alleles in key genes involved in the IGF pathway will influence the development of endometrial cancer...
- Inverse correlation between Skp2 and p27(Kip1) in normal endometrium and endometrial carcinomaTsutomu Miyamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:220-9. 2010..These findings suggest that the expression of SCF(Skp2) complex changes during the menstrual cycle in normal endometrium and the SCF(Skp2) ubiquitin-proteasome pathway may also work in endometrial carcinomas...
- Cell-autonomous activation of the PI3-kinase pathway initiates endometrial cancer from adult uterine epitheliumSanaz Memarzadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17298-303. 2010..This in vivo model provides an ideal platform for testing the response of endometrial carcinoma to targeted therapy against this common genetic alteration...
- Placing mitochondrial DNA mutations within the progression model of type I endometrial carcinomaFlora Guerra
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology E Quagliariello, University of Bari, 70126 Bari, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 20:2394-405. 2011..Last, since mtDNA mutations occur after hyperplasia, their potential role in contributing to genetic instability may be envisioned...
- Progesterone receptor-B induction of BIRC3 protects endometrial cancer cells from AP1-59-mediated apoptosisNikki L Neubauer
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Horm Cancer 2:170-81. 2011..In summary, our findings indicate a mechanism by which PRB can promote cell survival in the setting of high AKT activity in endometrial cancer cells...
- The expression levels of stem cell markers importin13, c-kit, CD146, and telomerase are decreased in endometrial polypsJianguo Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1st Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Med Sci Monit 17:BR221-227. 2011..To investigate the expression levels of importin13 (IPO13), c-kit, CD146, telomerase, caspase-3, bcl-2 and bax in endometrial polyps (EPs)...
- Should grade 3 endometrioid endometrial carcinoma be considered a type 2 cancer-a clinical and pathological evaluationMartin A Voss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cheltenham General Hospital, Gloucestershire, UK
Gynecol Oncol 124:15-20. 2012..Grade 3 endometrioid cancers (G3 EEC), share features of type 1 and type 2 cancer and have not been classified as either. This study compares immunohistochemistry and survival in G3 EEC and type 2 cancers...
- Lkb1 inactivation is sufficient to drive endometrial cancers that are aggressive yet highly responsive to mTOR inhibitor monotherapyCristina M Contreras
Department of Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Dis Model Mech 3:181-93. 2010..Strikingly, female mice with homozygous endometrial Lkb1 inactivation did not harbor discrete endometrial neoplasms, but instead underwent diffuse malignant transformation of their entire endometrium with rapid ..
- CLONING A UTERINE SEROUS CARCINOMA TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENEPaul Goodfellow; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposed studies will lead to the development of a transcript map for the UPSC deletion region and the discovery of a UPSC tumor suppressor gene. ..
- FMS-RELATED GENES IN OVARIAN AND ENDOMETRIAL NEOPLASIABARRY KACINSKI; Fiscal Year: 1992..characterize the role of these and other oncogenes in the genesis of clinically aggressive ovarian and endometrial neoplasms and to characterize the molecular biology and cellular physiology of the fms-complementary transcript and ..
- Phytoestrogens, alcohol, and endometrial cancer riskELISA BANDERA; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will provide the support and training the Candidate needs to develop an independent career in the nutritional epidemiology of cancer. ..
- ESTROGEN, DIET, GENETICS AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCERSara Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide data on genetic susceptibility in endometrial cancer in conjunction with established risk factors, as well as the first epidemiologic data on the more lethal serous and clear cell tumors. ..
- BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, AND QOLKaren Basen Engquist; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained in this pilot project will be used to propose a larger group randomized trial of the LPA intervention in the breast cancer survivor population. ..
- Social Cognitive Theory and PA after Endometrial CancerKaren Basen Engquist; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of the study will provide a rigorous test of Social Cognitive Theory as it is applied to physical activity, and will inform the development of effective interventions for cancer survivors. ..
- Biomarkers and Chemoprevention of Endometrial CancerGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, we will be able to rapidly implement a rational and effective strategy for early detection and chemoprevention of endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Hormonal modulation of latent endometrial precancersGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If our hypothesis is confirmed, this project will establish biomarker-detectable preclinical disease as a surrogate marker for risk surveillance, and a potential target for cancer preventative therapies. ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Lymphoma in Autoimmune Disease: Consequence of Immune Suppression or Stimulation?Sasha Bernatsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed project will help identify patients at highest risk for lymphoma and provide guidance regarding initiation and maintenance of therapy to control SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our continued goal is to identify modifiable risk factors and chemo preventive agents for a common and lethal cancer in women. ..
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS AND UTERINE LEIOMYOMATASerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..We predict that these studies will establish the critical role of P450arom in uterine leiomyomata and lead to identification of novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Promising strategies will be moved to patients in primary remission (Specific Aim 1) with a current median time to treatment failure of 18-21 months...
- MECHANISMS OF ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2008..Investigation of local feedback mechanisms responsible for interactions between estrogen biosynthesis, tissue growth, and inflammation will lead to the rational design of novel drug treatments. ..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- Targeting Tumor Angiogenesis with G-Quadruplex BindersDaekyu Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Progesterone Receptor Action in EndometriosisJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will increase the understanding of progesterone resistance in endometriosis as well as investigate the use of targeted biological agents as an alternate treatment for endometriosis. ..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2010..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- MUC-1 related cancer immunity: determinants and predictive significanceDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of our study could provide the basis for developing a safe cancer- preventing vaccine for ovarian cancer and perhaps other MUC1-expressing tumors. ..
- Soy and Estrogen Interactions in the BreastJ Cline; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work will provide a unique view of an otherwise inaccessible period of breast development in a primate model with high genetic and physiologic similarity to human beings. ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- Risk for New onset of Depression in Perimenopausal WomenDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Validity of Diabetes Self-Reports in the Women's Health InitiativeKaren Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the study will help determine whether self-reported diabetes can be used for other analyses of the WHI data, and for post- menopausal women in other studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Role of Family History in CAD Risk AssessmentMaren Scheuner; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the incremental value of comprehensive familial risk assessment in decision-making regarding lipid-lowering treatment with diet or drugs for primary prevention of CAD will be analyzed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Folate Polymorphisms, Dietary Folate and Prostate CancerVictoria Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study are expected to indicate the importance of folate for prostate cancer and whether changing folate consumption can modify the risk associated with genetic variants in the pathway for folate metabolism. ..
- Effects of Dietary Soy on Biomarkers in Prostate CancerJ Cline; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cultural Model of Prevention in African-American WomenKatrina Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2004..This understanding may lay the groundwork for improved understanding and trust between biomedical practitioners and African American patients. ..
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC PREDICTORS OF IVF SUCCESSDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DNA LIGASE I AS A POTENTIAL TARGET FOR ANTICANCER DRUGSDaekyu Sun; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) Test whether DNA ligase I inhibition produces antitumor activity using antisense strategy in preclinical in vitro and in vivo evaluation systems. 4) Develop a sensitive and reproducible assay for DNA ligase I. ..
- IGF-I LEVELS, IGF-I GENOTYPE, AND PROSTATE CANCERNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TWO STAGE DESIGNS FOR LINKAGE DISEQUILIBRIUMJaya Satagopan; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- INSULIN, IGF-1 & CANCERS OF BREAST, ENDOMETRIUM & OVARYRudolf Kaaks; Fiscal Year: 2001..All studies are based on the same underlying population, obtained by combining three prospective cohort studies that are currently ongoing in New York, Umea (Sweden) and Milan (Italy). ..
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- Race,Treatment and Endometrial Cancer SurvivalKatrina Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, within each category, we will investigate differences related to primary surgery and adjuvant radiation therapy. ..
- ENDOMETRIAL CANCER AND POSTMENOPAUSAL HORMONE THERAPYNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed study has the potential to obtain information that can guide their choice of hormonal regimen so as to minimize the likelihood of endometrial cancer as an adverse effect of this otherwise useful therapy. ..
- Medication and Colorectal Cancer RiskDenise Boudreau; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Distrust, Race/Ethnicity, and Predictive Genetic TestingKatrina Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Lifestyle, insulin, IGF-I and colorectal cancerRudolf Kaaks; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study seeks to increase understanding of etiologic mechanisms relating over nutrition to colon cancer development, which will eventually allow the in formulation of more precise nutritional guidelines for efficient prevention. ..
- Development of Digital SNP Analysis in Cancer DetectionIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the encouraging results from this study will ensure the detection of AI in plasma a promising cancer research direction for further exploration. ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- Phytoestrogens and breast cancer riskSusan McCann; Fiscal Year: 2006..These investigations, combining retrospective and experimental designs, as well as genetic analyses, will help to elucidate the role of dietary phytoestrogen intake in the etiology of a hormone- sensitive cancer. ..
- Gamma-ray-induced mutagen sensitivity in breast cancerLi E Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- GERIATRIC CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTSTEVEN HALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., clinical trials, case control, cohort research, etc.), and the faculties' commitment to collaborative research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VITAMIN D RECEPTOR GENE POLYMORPHISM AND BREAST CANCEREsther John; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since vitamin D exposure is potentially modifiable, the proposed research may have important implications for new approaches to breast cancer prevention. ..
- Satin Use and the Risk of Site Specific CancersDenise Boudreau; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Employment among Gynecologic Cancer SurvivorsLINDA FRAZIER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMPROVING COMMUNICATION WITH IVF PATIENTS ABOUT RISKS SUCH AS MULTIPLE BIRTHSLINDA FRAZIER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The new materials will also help couples who achieve pregnancy to manage risks for increased maternal and neonatal problems among IVF singletons and multiples. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PNI Relations Among Women With Endometrial Cancer During the Perioperative PeriodDeidre Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Iron as a Nutritional Modifier of Toxic Neuropathy in HIV/AIDSAsha Kallianpur; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- FAMILIAL COLORECTAL NEOPLASIA COLLABORATIVE GROUPNoralane Lindor; Fiscal Year: 2007..fs20\par \par } ..