Genomes and Genes
Summary: Benign proliferation of the ENDOMETRIUM in the UTERUS. Endometrial hyperplasia is classified by its cytology and glandular tissue. There are simple, complex (adenomatous without atypia), and atypical hyperplasia representing also the ascending risk of becoming malignant.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Endometrial hyperplasia: a reviewBen E Montgomery
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Lankenau Hospital, Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 59:368-78. 2004b>Endometrial hyperplasia is a precursor to the most common gynecologic cancer diagnosed in women: endometrial cancer of endometrioid histology...
- Deregulation of tissue homeostasis in endometria from patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome with and without endometrial hyperplasiaA Villavicencio
Institute of Maternal and Child Research, School of Medicine, P O Box 226 3, and Pathology Department, San Borja Arriaran Clinical Hospital, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Gynecol Oncol 104:290-5. 2007..To study the proteins involved in endometrial homeostasis in PCOS women...
- Endometrial hyperplasia and the risk of progression to carcinomaJames V Lacey
Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852 7234, United States
Maturitas 63:39-44. 2009..The remaining 15% receive a diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasia (EH), which includes a broad range of lesions, from mild, reversible proliferations to the immediate ..
- Cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complex in the bitch: should the two entities be disconnected?H De Bosschere
Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Avian Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ghent, Merelbeke, Belgium
Theriogenology 55:1509-19. 2001..Based on the results of this study the cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complex can be divided in two entities: a cystic endometrial hyperplasia-mucometra complex and ..
- Oral progestogens vs levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system for endometrial hyperplasia: a systematic review and metaanalysisIoannis D Gallos
Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:547.e1-10. 2010To conduct a systematic review and metaanalysis of studies evaluating the regression rate of endometrial hyperplasia with oral progestogens and levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system.
- Oncologic and reproductive outcomes with progestin therapy in women with endometrial hyperplasia and grade 1 adenocarcinoma: a systematic reviewCamille C Gunderson
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 600 North Wolfe Street, Phipps 279, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:477-82. 2012The objective of this review was to analyze published contemporary oncologic and reproductive outcomes in women with endometrial hyperplasia or cancer undergoing medical management with progestin therapy.
- Reverse of progestin-resistant atypical endometrial hyperplasia by metformin and oral contraceptivesZong Qi Shen
Department of Reproduction and Endocrinology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Obstet Gynecol 112:465-7. 2008Atypical endometrial hyperplasia usually is treated with high-dose progestin or hysterectomy, but the latter deprives the patient of future child bearing.
- Risk of progression in complex and atypical endometrial hyperplasia: clinicopathologic analysis in cases with and without progestogen treatmentL C Horn
Institute of Pathology Gynecopathology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 26, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:348-53. 2004..3% of the cases without hormonal treatment (n = 182; P < 0.0001). Endometrial hyperplasia without atypia is likely to respond to hormonal treatment...
- Treatment of atypical endometrial hyperplasia with an insulin-sensitizing agentD R Session
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gynecol Endocrinol 17:405-7. 2003..This case report describes the treatment of a patient with atypical endometrial hyperplasia with an insulin-sensitizing agent...
- The effect of long-term use of progesterone therapy on proliferation and apoptosis in simple endometrial hyperplasia without atypiaT Bese
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:809-13. 2006..evaluate the effect of long-term use of progesterone treatment on proliferation and apoptosis in simple endometrial hyperplasia without atypia...
- Progestin therapy of complex endometrial hyperplasia with and without atypiaSusan D Reed
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:655-62. 2009..To assess the likelihood of histologic persistence/progression of complex hyperplasia and atypical hyperplasia among women treated with progestin compared with those not treated, with attention to type, dose, and duration...
- Reduced progression of endometrial hyperplasia with oral mTOR inhibition in the Pten heterozygote murine modelMichael R Milam
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:247.e1-5. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate an oral mTOR inhibitor (mTOR-I) on the reduction of endometrial hyperplasia in an animal model.
- Cystic endometrial hyperplasia/pyometra in dogs: a review of the causes and pathogenesisD E Noakes
Unit of Veterinary Reproduction, Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine and Surgery, Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield AL9 7TA, UK
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 57:395-406. 2001..induced genital tract infection, and endometrial trauma in the cause and pathogenesis of cystic endometrial hyperplasia/pyometra in bitches are considered...
- Altered protein expression in serum from endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma patientsYi Sheng Wang
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, 419 Fangxie Road, Shanghai, China
J Hematol Oncol 4:15. 2011..To date, diagnosis and follow-up of endometrial carcinoma and hyperplasia require invasive procedures. Therefore, there is considerable demand for the identification of biomarkers to allow non-invasive detection of these conditions...
- Value of sonography in the diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleedingTheodore J Dubinsky
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 359728, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 32:348-53. 2004....
- Ezrin, a membrane-cytoskeletal linking protein, is highly expressed in atypical endometrial hyperplasia and uterine endometrioid adenocarcinomaKaori Ohtani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi Kamimachi, Itabashi, Tokyo 173, Japan
Cancer Lett 179:79-86. 2002..These data suggest that expression and subcellular distribution of ezrin protein play an important role in development and progression of UEC...
- Concurrent endometrial carcinoma in women with a biopsy diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasia: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyCornelia L Trimble
Department of Gynecology, Oncology, and Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer 106:812-9. 2006..The objective of this work was to estimate the prevalence of concurrent carcinoma in women with a biopsy diagnosis of the precursor lesion, atypical endometrial hyperplasia (AEH).
- NAC1, a potential stem cell pluripotency factor expression in normal endometrium, endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinomaMasako Ishikawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University School of Medicine, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:1097-103. 2010..was significantly higher in the early and mid proliferative phases than in the other menstrual phases, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometrial carcinoma. NAC1 expression was down-regulated during endometrial carcinogenesis...
- Suppressed expression of type 2 3alpha/type 5 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (AKR1C3) in endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaVladislav Zakharov
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 3:608-17. 2010The diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial type adenocarcinoma arising within the uterine cavity has long been rested on morphologic criteria...
- PINCH protein expression in normal endometrium, atypical endometrial hyperplasia and endometrioid endometrial carcinomaHong zhen Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, First Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Chemotherapy 56:291-7. 2010..In the present study, we examined PINCH expression in normal endometrium, atypical endometrial hyperplasia and endometrioid carcinoma, and further studied the relationships of PINCH expression with ..
- Gene transcription of TLR2, TLR4, LPS ligands and prostaglandin synthesis enzymes are up-regulated in canine uteri with cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complexE Silva
Interdisciplinary Centre of Research in Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, TULisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
J Reprod Immunol 84:66-74. 2010Escherichia coli (E. coli) is the most frequent bacterium isolated in cases of cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complex, the most frequent endometrial disorder in the bitch...
- Prevalence of underlying adenocarcinoma in women with atypical endometrial hyperplasiaJamie Shutter
Department of Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:313-8. 2005..the prevalence of underlying endometrial adenocarcinoma among women with a diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasia. This study further defines that risk...
- [Significance on expressions of Annexin-I and its correlative gene proteins in endometrial hyperplasia, atypical hyperplasia and endometrial carcinoma]J Da
Department of Pathology, Air Force General Hospital, Beijing 100036, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 30:256-9. 2001..lesions, and reclassified them according to China and FIGO's standard, which included 12 cases of endometrial hyperplasia (EH), 10 cases of atypical hyperplasia (ATH) and 15 cases of endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- Management of abnormal uterine bleeding and the pathology of endometrial hyperplasiaDana Espindola
Basic Medical Sciences Building, Room 249, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 34:717-37, ix. 2007..Emerging molecular markers also provide the opportunity to develop clinically useful screening tests for the most common malignancy of the female genital tract...
- The effect of the levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system on endometrial hyperplasia: an Australian study and systematic reviewMelissa J Buttini
Wesley Medical Centre, Auchenflower, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:316-22. 2009The levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LNG-IUS) provides effective contraception and treatment for menorrhagia and is used to prevent endometrial hyperplasia (EH) in women taking unopposed oestrogens.
- Clinical evaluation of the use of aglepristone, with or without cloprostenol, to treat cystic endometrial hyperplasia-pyometra complex in bitchesF Fieni
Laboratory of Biotechnology and Pathology of Reproduction, National Veterinary School, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes Cedex 03, France
Theriogenology 66:1550-6. 2006..Thirteen of 15 bitches in whom plasma progesterone concentrations were initially low (< 3.18 nmol/L) were cured. The recurrence rate after 12 and 24 months was 13.0% (3/23) and 19.0% (4/21), respectively...
- Absolute risk of endometrial carcinoma during 20-year follow-up among women with endometrial hyperplasiaJames V Lacey
City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:788-92. 2010PURPOSE The severity of endometrial hyperplasia (EH)-simple (SH), complex (CH), or atypical (AH)-influences clinical management, but valid estimates of absolute risk of clinical progression to carcinoma are lacking...
- Treatment of non-atypic endometrial hyperplasia using thermal balloon endometrial ablation therapyIlkka Y Järvelä
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:202-6. 2005..The aim of the study was to compare traditional progestin administration with thermal balloon endometrial ablation in the treatment of non-atypic endometrial hyperplasia.
- Prognostic markers for coexistent carcinoma in high-risk endometrial hyperplasia with negative D-score: significance of morphometry, hormone receptors and apoptosis for outcome predictionAnne Ørbo
Research Group of Gynecologic Oncology, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:1234-42. 2009..Among women diagnosed with high-risk hyperplasia, approximately 40% show signs of endometrial cancer in the hysterectomy specimen. Thus, more sophisticated methods are needed to select the women at risk...
- Increased natural killer cells and decreased regulatory T cells are seen in complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia and well-differentiated carcinoma treated with progestinsAgnieszka K Witkiewicz
Department of Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Hum Pathol 41:26-32. 2010..These results suggest that progestin treatment affects subpopulations of lymphocytes in the endometrium and may induce immune suppression of complex atypical hyperplasia and well-differentiated endometrial carcinoma...
- The incidence of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in 1031 patients with a granulosa cell tumor of the ovary: long-term follow-up in a population-based cohort studyHannah S van Meurs
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Gynecologic Oncology Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam and PALGA the Dutch nationwide network and registry of histopathology and cytopathology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:1417-22. 2013Concurrent presence of endometrial hyperplasia or cancer in patients with granulosa cell tumors (GCTs) is common, with reported incidences of 25.6% to 65.5%...
- Involvement of Akt, Ras and cell cycle regulators in the potential development of endometrial hyperplasia in women with polycystic ovarian syndromeA Villavicencio
Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile, Chile
Gynecol Oncol 115:102-7. 2009..To examine whether the abundance, localization, and/or activity of cell cycle regulators CDK2, Cyclin E, p27, and survival proteins AKT and Ras in PCOS-associated endometria (with and without hyperplasia) differ from non-PCOS endometria...
- Molecular pathology of endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaX Matias-Guiu
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Hum Pathol 32:569-77. 2001....
- Androgen and estrogen receptors and co-regulators levels in endometria from patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome with and without endometrial hyperplasiaA Villavicencio
Institute of Maternal and Child Research, PO Box 226 3, IDIMI, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Gynecol Oncol 103:307-14. 2006....
- Assessing endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma treated with progestin therapyMark J Mentrikoski
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia Health Systems, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 138:524-34. 2012..Our study confirms that cytologic atypia after 6 months of therapy is strongly associated with treatment failure, and should be an indication to pursue definitive surgical treatment in these patients...
- Regression, relapse, and live birth rates with fertility-sparing therapy for endometrial cancer and atypical complex endometrial hyperplasia: a systematic review and metaanalysisIoannis D Gallos
Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:266.e1-12. 2012..The objective of the study was to evaluate the regression, relapse, and live birth rates of early-stage endometrial cancer (EC) and atypical complex hyperplasia (ACH) with fertility-sparing treatment...
- Do soy isoflavones cause endometrial hyperplasia?Gail B Mahady
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Room 122, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois, 833 S Wood St, MC 886, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Nutr Rev 63:392-7. 2005..Consequently, many women in the United States and abroad are actively looking for alternative treatments for menopause, including botanical dietary supplements...
- Treatment for complex atypical hyperplasia of the endometriumT Jobo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:365-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: Primary treatment with high-dose MPA is a safe and effective therapy for women with complex atypical hyperplasia of the endometrium who wish to preserve their fertility...
- Comparison of antiproliferative effects of metformine and progesterone on estrogen-induced endometrial hyperplasia in ratsMustafa Tas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:311-4. 2013Metformin has been shown to inhibit the growth of endometriotic implants, and reverse endometrial hyperplasia when combined with oral contraceptive in a case report...
- Prospective multicenter evaluation of the morphometric D-score for prediction of the outcome of endometrial hyperplasiasJ P Baak
Department of Pathology, Free University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Surg Pathol 25:930-5. 2001Prospective multicenter evaluation of the WHO classification and the morphometric D-score to predict endometrial hyperplasia cancer progression...
- Reproducibility of the diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasia: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyRichard J Zaino
Department of Pathology, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center of Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, 19103, USA
Cancer 106:804-11. 2006..International Society of Gynecologic Pathologists (ISGP)/World Health Organization classification of endometrial hyperplasia, the reproducibility of which has been questioned...
- Efficacy of oral or intrauterine device-delivered progestin in patients with complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypia or early endometrial adenocarcinoma: a meta-analysis and systematic review of the literatureJ Baker
Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, Australia
Gynecol Oncol 125:263-70. 2012To investigate the efficacy of progestin treatment to achieve pathological complete response (pCR) in patients with complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia (CAH) or early endometrial adenocarcinoma (EC).
- Problems with the current diagnostic approach to complex atypical endometrial hyperplasiaRobert A Soslow
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10011, USA
Cancer 106:729-31. 2006
- Relapse of endometrial hyperplasia after conservative treatment: a cohort study with long-term follow-upIoannis D Gallos
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Women s Hospital, 3rd Floor, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Hum Reprod 28:1231-6. 2013What is the risk of relapse for women with endometrial hyperplasia treated with levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system (LNG-IUS) or oral progestogens?
- Optimal management of endometrial hyperplasiaD E Marsden
Gynaecological Cancer Centre, Royal Hospital for Women, Barker Street, Randwick, NSW, 2031 Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 15:393-405. 2001The optimal management of endometrial hyperplasia is the subject of considerable debate...
- Down-regulated progesterone receptor A and B coinciding with successful treatment of endometrial hyperplasia by the levonorgestrel impregnated intrauterine systemAnne Orbo
Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:1438-46. 2010To investigate whether regression of endometrial hyperplasia observed after 3 months of treatment with levonorgestrel impregnated intrauterine system device (LNG-IUS) was sustained after 6 months and whether these effects were still ..
- Benign endometrial hyperplasia sequence and endometrial intraepithelial neoplasiaGeorge L Mutter
Department of Pathology at Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:103-14. 2007..categories is discontinuous, permitting more specific diagnosis of the condition using the terms "benign endometrial hyperplasia" and "endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia" (EIN), respectively...
- DNA ploidy and S-phase fraction analyses of hyperplastic, atypical and cancerous endometrium using flow cytometry from paraffin-embedded tissuesS Pervez
Department of Pathology, The Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, Pakistan
Pathol Res Pract 198:13-7. 2002..It was concluded that aneuploid (near-diploid) peaks, if ever present in atypical hyperplasias, may indicate an aggressive disease/neoplastic transformation...
- Expression of estrogen receptors ERalpha and ERbeta in endometrial hyperplasia and adenocarcinomaK Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:537-41. 2005We assessed the expression of estrogen receptors (ER)alpha and ERbeta in 114 human endometrial hyperplasia and adenocarcinomas...
- Mutations of the KRAS oncogene in endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaBozena Dobrzycka
Department of Gynecological and Obstetrical Nursing, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:65-8. 2009..this study was to examine the prevalence and clinicopathological significance of KRAS point mutation in endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma...
- Incidence of endometrial hyperplasiaSusan D Reed
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:678.e1-6. 2009The objective of the study was to estimate the age-specific incidence of endometrial hyperplasia: simple, complex, and atypical, in order of increasing likelihood of progression to carcinoma.
- Up-regulation of nuclear receptor corepressor (NCoR) in progestin-induced growth suppression of endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaHiroyasu Kashima
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:1023-9. 2009..Although progestins have been used for the treatment of endometrial neoplasias, the mechanisms of progestin-induced growth suppression remain undetermined...
- Concurrent endometrial carcinoma in patients with a curettage diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasiaYu li Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 108:502-7. 2009b>Endometrial hyperplasia is considered a precursor of endometrial carcinoma, but concurrent endometrial carcinoma in patients with endometrial hyperplasia is seen frequently...
- Loss of inhibitory insulin receptor substrate-1 phosphorylation is an early event in mammalian target of rapamycin-dependent endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaAdrienne S McCampbell
Department of Pathology, Science Park Research Division, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1808 Park Road 1C, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:290-300. 2010Insulin-like growth factor-I receptor signaling contributes to the development of endometrial hyperplasia, the precursor to endometrioid-type endometrial carcinoma, in humans and in rodent models...
- Endometrial cancer in patients with preoperative diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasiaCarla Merisio
Maternal and Infant Care Department, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, Parma, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 122:107-11. 2005Atypical endometrial hyperplasia (AEH) has been associated with the presence of concomitant endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- Levonorgestrel intra-uterine system as a treatment option for complex endometrial hyperplasiaZeina J Haoula
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 159:176-9. 2011The objective of this study was to evaluate the potential treatment of atypical and non-atypical endometrial hyperplasia with the levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LNG-IUS).
- Management of endometrial hyperplasia with a levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system: single arm, prospective multicenter study: Korean gynecologic oncology group study (KGOG2006)Taek Sang Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gangnam CHA Medical Center, CHA University, 650 9, Yoksam Dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 913, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:817-9. 2011..investigate the treatment efficacy of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system in patients with endometrial hyperplasia. The levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system is an alternative to oral progesterone without the ..
- Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia without atypia in peri- and postmenopausal women with a levonorgestrel intrauterine deviceSergio Haimovich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Menopause 15:1002-4. 2008To assess the effectiveness of the Mirena levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system (LNG-IUS) in peri- and postmenopausal women with endometrial hyperplasia without atypia.
- The influence of infertility treatment on the prognosis of endometrial cancer and atypical complex endometrial hyperplasiaMari Ichinose
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:288-93. 2013..brings good response rate in the treatment of endometrial cancer in the early stage and atypical complex endometrial hyperplasia (EC/ACEH)...
- Detection of PTEN immunoreactivity in endometrial hyperplasia and adenocarcinomaPatou Tantbirojn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:1161-5. 2008To investigate PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10) expression in endometrial hyperplasia and adenocarcinoma as analyzed by immunohistochemistry.
- Serum adiponectin in relation to endometrial cancer and endometrial hyperplasia with atypia in obese womenI Rzepka-Gorska
Department of Gynecological Surgery and Oncology of Adults and Adolescents, Pomeranian Medical University of Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 29:594-7. 2008The aim of this work was to compare concentrations of adiponectin in the serum of obese women with endometrial cancer, endometrial hyperplasia with atypia, and normal endometrium.
- Endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial cancer and prevention: gaps in existing research of modifiable risk factorsFaina Linkov
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Eur J Cancer 44:1632-44. 2008..This review paper presents the existing knowledge about modifiable risk factors leading to endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancer and highlights the need for more studies in this area.
- Management of endometrial hyperplasiaM Gultekin
Department of Cancer Control, Turkish Ministry of Health, Ankara, Turkey
Minerva Ginecol 62:433-45. 2010b>Endometrial hyperplasia is a commonly seen clinical entity. A great majority of patients present with abnormal uterine bleeding. Unopposed estrogen either from an endogenous or exogenous source is the most important etiologic factor...
- The cancer marker neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is highly expressed in human endometrial hyperplasiaChi Jr Liao
Institute of Biochemical Science, College of Life Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Mol Biol Rep 39:1029-36. 2012Recently, endometrial hyperplasia was identified as presenting a higher risk for progressing to endometrial carcinoma more readily than adenomyosis...
- Genistein aglycone: a new therapeutic approach to reduce endometrial hyperplasiaAlessandra Bitto
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, c o AOU Policlinico G Martino, Gazzi, Messina, Italy
Phytomedicine 17:844-50. 2010b>Endometrial hyperplasia without cytological atypia is commonly treated with progestins, but other treatment regimes may be available with equivalent efficacy and low side effects.
- Current management of endometrial hyperplasia-a survey of United Kingdom consultant gynaecologistsIoannis D Gallos
Academic Unit of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 158:305-7. 2011To determine current practice for the management of endometrial hyperplasia.
- Leptin levels in serum depending on Body Mass Index in patients with endometrial hyperplasia and cancerAneta Cymbaluk
Chair and Department of Gynecological Surgery and Oncology of Adults and Adolescents, Pomeranian Medical University, al Powstancow Wielkopolskich 72, 70 111 Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:74-7. 2008Leptin levels in serum depending on Body Mass Index (BMI) in patients with endometrial hyperplasia and cancer.
- Risk for advanced-stage endometrial cancer in surgical specimens from patients with complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypiaAbeer Eddib
Department of Gynecology Obstetrics, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
Gynecol Obstet Invest 73:38-42. 2012To determine the incidence of endometrial cancer in patients undergoing hysterectomy for atypical complex endometrial hyperplasia and to study the risk of advanced endometrial cancer that may be associated with extra-uterine disease.
- Aberrant survivin expression in endometrial hyperplasia: another mechanism of progestin resistanceXiaojun Chen
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Shanghai Medical College Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mod Pathol 22:699-708. 2009Up to 30% of failure rate in endometrial hyperplasia patients treated by progestin urges more detailed understanding of the mechanisms involved in progestin resistance...
- Lectin binding patterns in normal canine endometrium and in bitches with pyometra and cystic endometrial hyperplasiaM Leitner
Clinic for Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Andrology, Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Histol Histopathol 18:787-95. 2003Cystic endometrial hyperplasia (CEH) and pyometra in the bitch are dioestral syndromes, supposed to be caused by hormonal disturbances and changes in endometrial steroid hormone receptor levels...
- Endometrial hyperplasia, polyps, and adenomyosis associated with unopposed estrogen in rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta)G B Baskin
Department of Pathology, Tulane Regional Primate Research Center, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Covington, LA 70433, USA
Vet Pathol 39:572-5. 2002..Incidentally, endometrial hyperplasia was observed in estrogen-treated monkeys at necropsy...
- Expression of steroid receptor coactivators and corepressors in human endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma with relevance to steroid receptors and Ki-67 expressionJunko Uchikawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Cancer 98:2207-13. 2003To examine the steroid hormone dependent growth mechanism of human endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma, expression levels of steroid receptor cofactors, such as coactivators (steroid receptor coactivator 1 [SRC-1] and p300/cyclic AMP-..
- In situ estrogen metabolism in proliferative endometria from untreated women with polycystic ovarian syndrome with and without endometrial hyperplasiaK Bacallao
Institute of Maternal and Child Research, School of Medicine, University of Chile, Chile Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Chile, Clinical Hospital, Santos Dumont 999, Santiago, Chile
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 110:163-9. 2008..normal endometria (CE), 18 PCOS endometria without treatment (PCOSE), 10 specimens from PCOS women with endometrial hyperplasia (HPCOSE), and 7 endometria from patients with endometrial hyperplasia not associated to PCOS (EH)...
- [Three dimensional sonography in the endometrial volume measurement in women with perimenopausal irregular uterine bleeding]Norbert Stachowicz
I Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii AM w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 73:970-5. 2002..Evaluation of the role of three-dimensional (3D) ultrasonographic measurement of the endometrium volume in perimenopausal women with irregular uterine bleeding...
- Reproducibility of biopsy diagnoses of endometrial hyperplasia: evidence supporting a simplified classificationMark E Sherman
Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, The National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd, Room 5028, Rockville, MD 20892 7374, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 27:318-25. 2008Identifying which categories in the World Health Organization classification of endometrial hyperplasia contribute to suboptimal reproducibility is clinically important.
- Autophagy in endometrial carcinomas and prognostic relevance of 'stone-like' structures (SLS): what is destined for the atypical endometrial hyperplasia?Efthimios Sivridis
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, and University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Autophagy 7:74-82. 2011....
- Expression of cold-inducible RNA-binding protein in the normal endometrium, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometrial carcinomaAtia A Hamid
Department pf Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Gynecol Pathol 22:240-7. 2003..These results suggest that CIRP may participate in the cell cycle regulation of normal endometrium and the loss of its expression may be involved in endometrial carcinogenesis...
- Comparison of Endorette and dilatation and curettage for sampling of the endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital MAS, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:959-64. 2001....
- Enhanced expressions of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and -9 and vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF) and increased microvascular density in the endometrial hyperplasia of women with anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleedingXinmei Zhang
Women s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310006, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 93:2362-7. 2010..To evaluate the roles of endometrial matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and -9, vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF), and microvascular density (MVD) in the occurrence of anovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB)...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome with endometrial hyperplasia in a cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis)E Arifin
Department of Pathology, Comparative Medicine Section, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1040, USA
Vet Pathol 45:512-5. 2008..Both ovaries contained many 2- to 3-mm follicles, without any corpora lutea. A diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome was made based on the clinical history, endocrinology, and gross and histopathologic findings...
- Utility of PTEN expression of endometrial "surface epithelial changes" and underlying atypical endometrial hyperplasiaM Ruhul Quddus
Department of Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:471-6. 2009..They have also been seen to be associated with endometrial hyperplasia. Although morphologically benign, these lesions are considered a marker for underlying malignancy...
- The performance of Pipelle endometrial sampling in a dedicated postmenopausal bleeding clinicD Elsandabesee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, Norfolk NR31 6LA, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:32-4. 2005..However, when the endometrial thickness is < or = 4 mm, little can be gained from endometrial sampling as malignancy is rare and the chance of getting an adequate sample is small...
- Gain of OGP, an estrogen-regulated oviduct-specific glycoprotein, is associated with the development of endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancerMichelle M M Woo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, 4490 Oak Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6H 3V5 Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:7958-64. 2004..Lesions in the endometrium are difficult to differentially diagnose. The present study examined whether oviduct-specific glycoprotein is differentially expressed in normal, hyperplastic, and malignant endometrium...
- Developmental reprogramming of IGF signaling and susceptibility to endometrial hyperplasia in the ratAdrienne S McCampbell
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lab Invest 88:615-26. 2008..Progression from a normal endometrium to carcinoma occurs via the intermediate stage of endometrial hyperplasia. We previously reported that endometrial hyperplasia in postmenopausal women is linked to abnormal ..
- Cystic endometrial hyperplasia and endometritis in a dog following prolonged treatment of medroxyprogesterone acetateKyung Suk Kim
NY Animal Hospital, Anyang 431 065, Korea
J Vet Sci 6:81-2. 2005..Histopathologically, cystic endometrial hyperplasia (CEH) and endometritis were present in the thickened area...
- Genetic imbalances in endometrial hyperplasia and endometrioid carcinoma detected by comparative genomic hybridizationHamza M Muslumanoglu
Department of Medical Genetics, Osmangazi University Medical Faculty, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 120:107-14. 2005..To evaluate the sequential genomic copy alterations related to the development of precursor lesions and endometrioid-type endometrial carcinomas, and its association with cellular atypia...
- Endometrial hyperplasia and mineralization in zoo felids treated with melengestrol acetate contraceptivesL Munson
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Vet Pathol 39:419-27. 2002..The association of MGA with endometrial lesions that could impair fertility should be considered when using this contraceptive in genetically valuable felids...
- Novel hydroxysteroid (17beta) dehydrogenase 1 inhibitors reverse estrogen-induced endometrial hyperplasia in transgenic miceTaija Saloniemi
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Turku University Central Hospital, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN 20014 Turku, Finland
Am J Pathol 176:1443-51. 2010Local estrogen production plays a key role in proliferative endometrial disorders, such as endometrial hyperplasia and cancer...
- Can ultrasound replace dilation and curettage? A longitudinal evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding and transvaginal sonographic measurement of the endometrium as predictors of endometrial cancerB Gull
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:401-8. 2003....
- MLH1 and MSH2 protein expression as a pre-screening marker in hereditary and non-hereditary endometrial hyperplasia and cancerM J Berends
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 92:398-403. 2001..In 3 MLH1 mutation carriers, MLH1 protein loss was also observed in concurrent endometrial hyperplasia. In group II, no protein loss was detected in normal endometrial tissue samples; in 3/4 patients with ..
- Risk factors for endometrial hyperplasia and cancer among women with abnormal bleedingA M Weber
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:594-8. 1999..To identify independent risk factors for endometrial neoplasia in women with abnormal perimenopausal or postmenopausal bleeding and to use those factors to develop and test a predictive model...
- Atypical endometrial hyperplasia: grounds for possible misdiagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinomaPedro Valenzuela
Servicio de Obstetricia y Ginecología Hospital Universitario Príncipe de Asturias, Madrid, Espana
Gynecol Obstet Invest 56:163-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between the diagnosis of atypical hyperplasia during curettage or endometrial biopsy and the definitive histological findings from hysterectomy material...
- Which surgical procedure for patients with atypical endometrial hyperplasia?B S Karamursel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hacettepe, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:127-31. 2005To determine the occult coexistence of endometrial carcinoma in patients with atypical endometrial hyperplasia and to compare histological prognostic factors according to lymph node status in occult endometrial carcinoma.
- [Young women with atypical endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial adenocarcinoma stage I: will conservative treatment allow pregnancy? Results of a French multicentric survey]J F Le Digabel
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49933 Angers Cedex 9, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:27-33. 2006To analyse the carcinological and obstetrical results of young women with atypical endometrial hyperplasia or endometrial adenocarcinoma, treated in a conservative way to allow pregnancy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia/adenocarcinoma. a conventional approachMichael T Mazur
Department of Pathology, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, 13210 USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:174-81. 2005..Precise classification of endometrial hyperplasia in biopsy material is important in order to identify those hyperplasias that are likely to be precursors ..
- Effects of low-dose norethindrone acetate plus ethinyl estradiol (0.5 mg/2.5 microg) in women with postmenopausal symptoms: updated analysis of three randomized, controlled trialsJean P Rowan
Clinical Research Consultancy, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Clin Ther 28:921-32. 2006....
- Expression of the retinoblastoma-related gene Rb2/p130 is downregulated in atypical endometrial hyperplasia and adenocarcinomaT Susini
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Hum Pathol 32:360-7. 2001..Furthermore, immunostaining for Rb2/p130 may prove diagnostically useful in the often difficult distinction between hyperplastic and atypical hyperplastic endometrium. HUM PATHOL 32:360-367...
- Natural history of endometrial hyperplasia. Study of 77 patientsT Tabata
Department of Gynecology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 265:85-8. 2001Seventy-seven patients with endometrial hyperplasia, 48 with simple hyperplasia without atypia (SH), 17 with complex hyperplasia without atypia (CH), one with simple hyperplasia with atypia (SHA), and 11 with complex hyperplasia with ..
- The molecular genetics and morphometry-based endometrial intraepithelial neoplasia classification system predicts disease progression in endometrial hyperplasia more accurately than the 1994 World Health Organization classification systemJan P Baak
Department of Pathology, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
Cancer 103:2304-12. 2005....
- The analyses of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isozymes in human endometrial hyperplasia and carcinomaH Utsunomiya
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3436-43. 2001..first examined the expression of 17beta-HSD type 1 and type 2 in 20 normal cycling human endometria, 36 endometrial hyperplasia, and 46 endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinoma using immunohistochemistry, and we then studied ..
- Differences in serum bisphenol a concentrations in premenopausal normal women and women with endometrial hyperplasiaHisahiko Hiroi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Endocr J 51:595-600. 2004..an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and evaluated possible linkage between its contamination levels and endometrial hyperplasia, an estrogen-related disorder of the uterus...
- HISTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF PREMALIGNANT ENDOMETRIAL LESIONSFrancisco Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..The current management of atypical endometrial hyperplasia is limited to hysterectomy...
- Endometrial Hyperplasia Outcomes - A Cohort StudySusan Reed; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Endometrial hyperplasia, abnormal, nonmalignant, proliferation of the uterine endometrium, is a common condition associated with the development of endometrial cancer and is classified as simple hyperplasia, complex hyperplasia and ..
- Cables role in endometrial differentiation and cancerBo Rueda; Fiscal Year: 2007..a natural inhibitor of cellular proliferation of the endometrium, has been used with limited success for endometrial hyperplasia or EC in patients who are concerned about fertility...
- Effect of Insulin on Estrogen Receptor Alpha Activity in Human Endometrial CellsCLARE ANN FLANNERY; Fiscal Year: 2013..to follow women with insulin resistance, and to determine whether their endometrial dysfunction, such as endometrial hyperplasia and infertility, is a consequence of the metabolic abnormalities occurring in insulin resistance...
- Mechanism of Metformin Action in Normal and PCOS Theca CellsJan M McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2012..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is characterized by ovarian cysts, anovulation, hyperandrogenism, and endometrial hyperplasia, and affects 6-10% of reproductive age women, approximately 3-5 million women in the United States alone...
- Role of estrogen receptor in endometrial cancer initiation and progressionSanaz Memarzadeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Signaling through ER 1 may be essential for the initiation of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer mediated by cell autonomous or paracrine oncogenic signals...
- TRANSPORTERS IN METFORMIN TREATMENT OF ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIADhiren R Thakker; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): Obesity and diabetes are strong risk factors for endometrial cancer and its precursor lesion, endometrial hyperplasia. Metformin, a generic oral anti-hyperglycemic, has been widely used to treat diabetes and gynecologic ..
- Dissecting Uterine Progesterone ResistanceMichael J Soares; Fiscal Year: 2013..of a number of female reproductive tract disorders, including endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometrial hyperplasia/cancer, and early pregnancy loss...
- Structural mutation analysis of PTEN and its possible genotype-phenotype correlatIRIS NIRA SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Among these mutations, moderate phenotypes were associated with endometriosis and endometrial hyperplasia and are distributed throughout both domains...
- Targeting EMP2 in Endometrial CancerMadhuri Wadehra; Fiscal Year: 2010..in this resubmission, we show that EMP2 expression is upregulated in a significant subset of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer patients...
- PTEN and the Molecular Genetics of Endometrial CancerAntonio Di Cristofano; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have developed a mouse strain that closely recapitulates several features of the progression from endometrial hyperplasia to neoplasia...
- PROGESTERONE AND ESTROGEN ON SIV VAGINAL TRANSMISSIONPreston Marx; Fiscal Year: 2007..will use sensitive assays for leutenizing hormone (an indictor of systemic estrogen leakage) and for endometrial hyperplasia. The aims are; Modified Specific Aim 1...
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE TRACT GROWTHRobert Bigsby; Fiscal Year: 1991..High-dose progestin therapy is used to treat endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinoma...
- NOVEL MECHANISM FOR TAMOXIFEN-INDUCED ENDOMETRIAL ATYPIAKIMBERLY LESLIE; Fiscal Year: 1999..The development of endometrial hyperplasia, cellular atypia, and new endometrial cancers are the most serious side effects of tamoxifen treatment...
- UTERUS--CYCLIC HORMONAL CONTROL MECHANISMSChristopher Longcope; Fiscal Year: 1993..Human disorders of fertility, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometriosis may be better understood by a thorough and systematic analysis of the factors that ..
- PROGESTOGENS VS PHYTOESTROGENS-- AN ADJUNCT TO ERTJames Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..endpoints in postmenopausal subjects receiving ERT; and 4) To measure and compare the effects of SPE administration with those of MPA and progesterone, on mammary and endometrial hyperplasia in postmenopausal subjects receiving ERT.
- ESTROGEN REPLACEMENT AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN OLDER WOMENDavid Herrington; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recent animal data suggest that the current practice of adding low dose progesterone to prevent endometrial hyperplasia may inhibit the beneficial effects of estrogen on coronary arteries...
- TREATMENT OF ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIAGlenn Hoke; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Endometrial hyperplasia (EH) is characterized by hyperproliferation of the endometrium. Women with EH are at increased risk for developing endometrial carcinoma, the most common malignant neoplasm of the urogenital tract in women...
- Randomized Control Trial of Mifepristone for FibroidsKevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..include change in global health status, fibroid size, pain, bleeding, and adverse effects including endometrial hyperplasia. We also propose to test the hypothesis that administration of mifepristone will be associated with ..
- REGULATION OF PRIMATE ENDOMETRIAL RESPONSEWilliam Okulicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..The studies designed herein can potentially provide important insights into the genes that are involved in disorders of female fertility, endometrial hyperplasia, and reproductive tract cancer.
- POSTMENOPAUSAL ESTROGEN/PROGESTIN INTERVENTION TRIALValery Miller; Fiscal Year: 1993..will provide information to allow an informed decision on defining which strategy provides optimal protection against bone loss and endometrial hyperplasia, but minimal alteration of the beneficial cardiovascular effects of estrogen.
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- Biomarkers and Chemoprevention of Endometrial CancerGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, we will be able to rapidly implement a rational and effective strategy for early detection and chemoprevention of endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Hormonal modulation of latent endometrial precancersGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2008..carcinogenesis, which characterizes two thirds of histologically evident precancers (EIN, or atypical endometrial hyperplasia) and their resultant endometrial cancers...
- Effects of Dietary Soy on Biomarkers in Prostate CancerJ Cline; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Soy and Estrogen Interactions in the BreastJ Cline; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work will provide a unique view of an otherwise inaccessible period of breast development in a primate model with high genetic and physiologic similarity to human beings. ..
- Summit on Environmental Challenges to Reproductive Health and FertilityLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HYPOXIA, IGFBP-1, AND HUMAN FETAL GROWTHLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- CVD Predictors of Cognitive Function Trajectory over 20 YearsElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information is important given the aging of the population, the fact that CVD risk factors are modifiable, and because the maintenance of cognitive function is an essential component of healthy aging. ..
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- Mechanisms of Progesterone Receptor Action in EndometriosisJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will increase the understanding of progesterone resistance in endometriosis as well as investigate the use of targeted biological agents as an alternate treatment for endometriosis. ..
- GENDER DIFFERENCES IN OSTEOPOROSISElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EVALUATION OF BOTANICALS FOR H .PYLORI INFECTIONSGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2002..pylori strains. Active extracts will be utilized for in vivo studies. The long-term objectives are to develop safe and effective botanical extracts for the treatment and prevention of H. pylori infections. ..
- Endogenous/Exogenous Sex Hormones & CHD Risk FactorsElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2003..These observations may aid in deciding whether individual women should use HRT and, if so, which regimen would provide the most benefit with the least risk. ..
- PRIMATE ENDOCRINE REGULATION IN THE PERINATAL PERIODRobert Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON REPRODUCTIVE TRACT BIOLOGYLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Outcomes of Sleep Disorders in Older MenElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also supplement the bank of MrOS specimens to allow for testing of future hypotheses concerning the role of sleep in the development of age-related diseases and conditions. ..
- Genetic Discrimination Knowledge in Primary CareJeffrey Weitzel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Because genetic testing for hereditary cancer represents a new paradigm for predictive genetic testing in other adult onset disorders, the results of the proposed study will potentially have broad-based implications. ..
- Botanicals for Chlamydia pneumonia infections-Revision 1Gail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data and active standardized extracts developed during this work will be used as the basis for future clinical trials. ..
- CLINICAL CANCER GENETICS EDUCATIONJeffrey Weitzel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGY OF OVARIAN CANCERRobert Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The projects will be subserved by three cores: Administration, Biometry and Tissue/Pathology. ..
- Conference on Emerging Research TechnologiesGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Federally Registered Human Embryonic Stem Cell CenterLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the extension of this program will support the utility of hES cells for both the research and clinical communities. ..
- HOX GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN ENDOMETRIUMHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further characterize the molecular mechanisms by which HOX expression is related to normal and pathologic endometrial development. ..
- Botanicals from Central America for MenopauseGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful validation and standardization of traditional plant-based medicines used to treat menopause has great significance not only for the women of Central America but the rest of the world as well. ..
- Role of IGF-II in Human Trophoblast-Decidua InteractionsLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators work with the human model because of the uniqueness of implantation in humans...
- PHYSIOLOGY OF ESTROGEN'S MOOD EFFECT IN MENOPAUSAL WOMENHadine Joffe; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such training will lay the foundation for a career of clinical investigation into the physiology of perimenopausal depression and the impact of hot flushes on sleep, mood, and quality-of-life. ..
- VULVODYNIA PREVALENCE AND EFFICACY OF 4 INTERVENTIONSGloria Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our ultimate goal is to share findings from this and related research with the broadest cross-spectrum of women that we can. ..