Genomes and Genes
fallopian tube diseases
Summary: Diseases involving the FALLOPIAN TUBES including neoplasms (FALLOPIAN TUBE NEOPLASMS); SALPINGITIS; tubo-ovarian abscess; and blockage.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- The effect on pregnancy rates of tubal perfusion pressure reductions achieved by guide-wire tubal catheterizationSpyros Papaioannou
12 Metfield Croft, Harborne, Birmingham B17 0NN, UK
Hum Reprod 17:2174-9. 2002..Whether fertility prognosis improves as a result is currently unknown. Our objective was to clarify the issue...
- Reliability of clinicians versus radiologists for detecting abnormalities on hysterosalpingogram filmsLinda Renbaum
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Fertil Steril 78:614-8. 2002..To evaluate the consistency of the identification of abnormal findings on hysterosalpingogram (HSG) and compare the reliability of clinicians to that of radiologists...
- Salpingoscopic and laparoscopic investigations in relation to fertility outcomeG L Marchino
Department of Gynecological and Obstetrical Sciences, S. Anna Hospital, University of Turin, Via Baiardi 43, Turin 10126, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 8:218-21. 2001..Given its low complication rate and brief duration, salpingoscopy should have a primary role in management of infertility...
- Successful conception following Fallopian tube recanalization in infertile patients with a unilateral proximally occluded tube and a contralateral patent tubeMasatoshi Hayashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Koshigaya Hospital, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 2 1 50, Minami Koshigaya, Koshigaya shi, Saitama 343 8555, Japan
Hum Reprod 18:96-9. 2003..This study was designated to analyse the success rate of T-FTR and the pregnancy rate due to natural fertilization in the lumen of the recanalized tube in these patients...
- Reproductive performance after selective tubal catheterizationDania Al-Jaroudi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:150-2. 2005..To evaluate the reproductive performance of women after selective tubal catheterization...
- Tubal damage in infertile women: prediction using chlamydia serologyValentine A Akande
University Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Michael s Hospital, Bristol BS2 8EG, UK
Hum Reprod 18:1841-7. 2003..The study explores the relationship between serum chlamydia antibody titres (CATs) and detection of tubal damage in infertile women...
- Tolerability, side effects, and complications of hysterosalpingocontrast sonography (HyCoSy)Luca Savelli
Reproductive Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bologna, Italy
Fertil Steril 92:1481-6. 2009..To evaluate the tolerability, side effects and complications of hysterosalpingocontrast sonography (HyCoSy)...
- Tubal factor infertility is associated with antibodies against Chlamydia trachomatis heat shock protein 60 (HSP60) but not human HSP60Astrid Hjelholt
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Aarhus University, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Hum Reprod 26:2069-76. 2011..The aim was to investigate whether antibodies to human HSP60 are associated with TFI, and to evaluate antibody testing in TFI diagnosis...
- HLA DQ alleles and interleukin-10 polymorphism associated with Chlamydia trachomatis-related tubal factor infertility: a case-control studyA H Kinnunen
National Public Health Institute, 90101 Oulu, Finland
Hum Reprod 17:2073-8. 2002..The relationship between Chlamydia trachomatis tubal factor infertility (TFI) and the host's immunoregulatory genes was studied...
- Fallopian tube prolapse after total laparoscopic hysterectomyAileen Caceres
Division of Gynecological Surgery, Center for Pelvic Health, Florida Hospital at Celebration Health, Celebration, FL 34747, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:494-5. 2008..Fallopian tube prolapse is an uncommon but reported complication after laparoscopic hysterectomy...
- Post-hysterectomy fallopian tube prolapseJ M Piacenza
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, Rue Micheli du Crest 25, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 98:253-5. 2001..Following surgery, complete symptom resolution is usually observed and no recurrence has been reported...
- Fallopian tube prolapse presenting as a peritoneovaginal fistulaMichael S Ingber
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Can J Urol 17:5117-9. 2010..Likewise, fallopian tube prolapse is an uncommon but known complication of hysterectomy. Fallopian tube prolapse resulting in peritoneal leakage has yet to be reported in the literature...
- [Pyosalpingitis after interadnexal laparoscopic hysterectomy. Two cases]Y Lenglet
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et reproduction humaine, Polyclinique, CHU Hotel Dieu, 11, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand cedex 01, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:768-71. 2005..Diagnosis was not easy, clinically suspected with the transvaginal ultrasonography, and confirmed by celioscopy. It may be helped by biopsy. The laparoscopic management was carried out without complications...
- Fallopian tube prolapse following hysterectomyQing bo Fan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730
Chin Med Sci J 21:20-3. 2006..To investigate the clinical diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of fallopian tube prolapse (FTP) after hysterectomy...
- Post-hysterectomy fallopian tube prolapse--a diagnostic pitfallD Basu
Department of Gynaecology, King s Mill Hospital, Sutton in Ashfield, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:324. 2007
- Prolapse of the fallopian tube after hysterectomy associated with exuberant angiomyofibroblastic stroma response: a diagnostic pitfallM Michal
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty Hospital, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Virchows Arch 437:436-9. 2000....
- Ascending peritonitis associated with Fallopian tube prolapse following hysterectomyR Fox
Division of Women s and Children s Health, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Taunton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 28:456. 2008
- Fallopian tube prolapse after laparoscopic resection of pelvic endometriosisDavid M Rosenthal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North York General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 105:808-9. 2005..Fallopian tube prolapse is an unusual but often reported complication after hysterectomy. This problem has not yet been reported in a patient undergoing laparoscopy but not hysterectomy...
- Fallopian tube prolapse misdiagnosed as vault granulation tissue: a report of three casesYoung Soo Song
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, 17, Haengdang dong, Sungdong Ku, 133 791 Seoul, Korea
Pathol Res Pract 201:819-22. 2005..It is necessary to receive a pathologic confirmation by performing vaginal biopsy when fallopian tube prolapse is clinically suspected, thus preventing misdiagnosis...
- Fallopian tube prolapseS Uqaili
Neath and Port Talbot General Hospital, Baglan, Wales
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:176-7. 2006
- Fallopian tube prolapse mimicking aggressive angiomyxomaHeike Varnholt
Department of Pathology, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:292-4. 2005..Condensation of eosinophilic fibrils around medium sized vessels was marked. This case of fallopian tube prolapse shows an unusual resemblance of aggressive angiomyxoma and thus poses a diagnostic pitfall...
- Surgical management of tubal prolapseW A A Tjalma
Department of Gynecology and Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 83:207-8. 2003
- Screening strategies for tubal factor subfertilityJ E den Hartog
Research Institute Growth and Development GROW, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maastricht University Medical Centre, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 23:1840-8. 2008....
- The reproductive significance of human Fallopian tube ciliaR A Lyons
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Bartholomew s and The Royal London Hospital School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London E1 1BB, UK
Hum Reprod Update 12:363-72. 2006....
- The value of Chlamydia trachomatis-specific IgG antibody testing and hysterosalpingography for predicting tubal pathology and occurrence of pregnancyDenise A M Perquin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical Center Haaglanden, The Hague, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 88:224-6. 2007..The diagnostic accuracy and prognostic value of both C. trachomatis-specific IgG antibody testing and HSG are comparable but show poor performance...
- Chlamydia serology screening in infertility patientsMartin D Keltz
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 85:752-4. 2006....
- Effect of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection upon acute salpingitis: a laparoscopic studyC R Cohen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Infect Dis 178:1352-8. 1998..Among patients with acute salpingitis, likelihood of TOA was related to HIV-1 infection and advanced immunosuppression. In general, HIV-1-seropositive women with acute salpingitis responded well to treatment...
- The role of chlamydia genus-specific and species-specific IgG antibody testing in predicting tubal disease in subfertile womenJ E den Hartog
Research Institute Growth and Development GROW and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 19:1380-4. 2004..We evaluated whether measuring chlamydia genus- and species-specific immunoglobulin (Ig) G antibodies might improve the predictive value of C. trachomatis antibody testing (CAT) in screening for distal tubal pathology (DTP)...
- Significance of positive Chlamydia serology in women with normal-looking Fallopian tubesElsamawal A El Hakim
Bristol Centre of Reproductive Medicine, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 19:847-51. 2009..These findings suggest that laparoscopic findings and not Chlamydia serological titres are the key to prognosis...
- Analyses of polymorphisms in the inflammasome-associated NLRP3 and miRNA-146A genes in the susceptibility to and tubal pathology of Chlamydia trachomatis infectionW Wang
Infectious Disease Department, 2nd Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, The People s Republic of China
Drugs Today (Barc) 45:95-103. 2009..In conclusion, the mutant NLRP3 A allele is a risk factor for the development of symptoms, specifically lower abdominal pain, after a C. trachomatis infection in women attending an STD clinic...
- Chlamydia antibody testing in screening for tubal factor subfertility: the significance of IgG antibody decline over timeAnna P Gijsen
Research Institute Growth and Development GROW, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 17:699-703. 2002..e. negative Chlamydia antibody tests in patients with tubal pathology at laparoscopy. The present study was performed to determine whether decline in C. trachomatis IgG antibodies over time is responsible for those false negative results...
- Repeated Chlamydia trachomatis infection of Macaca nemestrina fallopian tubes produces a Th1-like cytokine response associated with fibrosis and scarringW C Van Voorhis
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Infect Immun 65:2175-82. 1997....
- Serological markers of persistent C. trachomatis infections in women with tubal factor subfertilityJ E den Hartog
Research Institute Growth and Development GROW and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academisch Ziekenhuis Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 20:986-90. 2005..We studied whether serological markers, assumed to be associated with persistent C. trachomatis infections, could identify subfertile women at risk of tubal pathology...
- The accuracy of serum chlamydial antibodies in the diagnosis of tubal pathology: a meta-analysisB W Mol
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 67:1031-7. 1997..To assess the discriminative capacity of Chlamydia antibody titers in the diagnosis of tubed pathology in subfertile patients...
- Female genital tuberculosis: a global reviewMuktar H Aliyu
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Int J Fertil Womens Med 49:123-36. 2004....
- Florid cystic endosalpingiosis of the uterusM K Heatley
Department of Pathology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Fifth Floor, Duncan Building, Prescot Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:399-400. 2001..This lesion is to be distinguished from other benign conditions including multicystic mesothelioma, endometriosis, endocervicosis, florid deep glands of the uterine cervix, and deep Nabothian cysts of the uterine cervix...
- Paratubal cysts in young females as an incidental finding in laparotomies performed for right lower quadrant abdominal painE Vlahakis-Miliaras
Pediatric Surgery Department, Medical Faculty, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pediatr Surg Int 13:141-2. 1998..This approach also allows detection of other pathological lesions of the right adnexa that often produce symptoms similar to acute appendicitis...
- The role of laparoscopic surgery in the management of tubal prolapse: a 7 case series and literature reviewKeith W K Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Surg Innov 14:24-6. 2007..Laparoscopic surgery has a role in cases with dense intraperitoneal adhesions. It safely enables the mobilization of the prolapsed tube, allowing complete removal of the structure and resolution of symptoms...
- Tubal assessment tests: still have not found what we are looking forSpyros Papaioannou
Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Heartlands Hospital, Bordsley Green East, Bordsley Green, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 15:376-82. 2007..Many questions remain, which, despite the increasing success of IVF, will continue to challenge and stimulate specialists and the public, who are interested in ways to maximize spontaneous as opposed to assisted fertility...
- Chlamydia trachomatis and chlamydial heat shock protein 60-specific antibody and cell-mediated responses predict tubal factor infertilityA Tiitinen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Reprod 21:1533-8. 2006..To evaluate the role of Chlamydia trachomatis-induced humoral and cell-mediated immune (CMI) responses in predicting tubal factor infertility (TFI)...
- Tolerability of the mini-pan-endoscopic approach (transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy and minihysteroscopy) versus hysterosalpingography in an outpatient infertility investigationE Cicinelli
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Fertil Steril 76:1048-51. 2001....
- Role of laparoscopic salpingostomy in the treatment of hydrosalpinxR C Taylor
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Fertil Steril 75:594-600. 2001..The probability of achieving an intrauterine or an ectopic pregnancy can be predicted based on combinations of significant variables...
- Office hydrolaparoscopy for the diagnosis of endometriosis and tubal infertilityI Brosens
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Belgium
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 11:371-7. 1999..Transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy can be performed in the office setting in combination with minihysteroscopy, tubal patency test and salpingoscopy, offering major advantages for the diagnosis of pelvic disease in patients with infertility...
- [Fertiloscopy: Clermont-Ferrand's experiment]E Nohuz
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, polyclinique Hôtel Dieu, CHU de Clermont Ferrand, 11, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand cedex 01, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:894-9. 2006..Evaluation of fertiloscopy's place in the management of female infertility...
- Increased occurrence of tubo-ovarian abscesses in women with stage III and IV endometriosisMei Jou Chen
Fertil Steril 82:498-9. 2004..Women who had stage III-IV endometriosis and who were nulliparous or who had delivered no more than two children were much more likely to develop tubo-ovarian abscesses than those without endometriosis...
- Isolated torsion of the distal part of the fallopian tube in a premenarcheal 12 year old girl: a case reportYukihiro Terada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 202:239-43. 2004..Laparoscopic inspection/surgery appears to be the most suitable management...
- Relationships between Chlamydia trachomatis antibody titers and tubal pathology assessed using transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy in infertile womenHiroaki Shibahara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 50:7-12. 2003..This study was performed to investigate the relationships between Chlamydia trachomatis antibody titers and tubal pathology assessed using THL in infertile women...
- Isolated torsion of the hydrosalpinx: a rare presentationR Shukla
Aashlok Hospital, 25 A, Block AB, Community Centre, Safdurjung Enclave, New Delhi 29, India
Br J Radiol 77:784-6. 2004..Torsion of the Fallopian tube is a rare event in the perimenopausal age group. It should however be included in the differential diagnosis of lower abdominal pain and recognition of imaging features may allow early surgical intervention...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and screening for tubal factor subfertilityA P Gijsen
Research Institute Growth and Development GROW, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 16:487-91. 2001..Therefore it was suggested that C. pneumoniae antibodies may be the cause of false positive CAT results. Remarkably, tubal pathology was more common in patients who had antibodies to both C. trachomatis and C. pneumoniae...
- Ovarian response to gonadotropins after laparoscopic salpingectomy or the division of fallopian tubes for hydrosalpingesTarek A Gelbaya
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Saint Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 85:1464-8. 2006..To compare the effect of prophylactic laparoscopic salpingectomy versus division of the fallopian tubes on ovarian response to gonadotropins in women undergoing IVF...
- Tubal pathology: the role of hormonal contraception, intrauterine device use and Chlamydia trachomatis infectionGabriele S Merki-Feld
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Endocrinology Clinic, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Gynecol Obstet Invest 63:114-20. 2007..The aim of the present study was to identify a possible association between tubal pathology and the contraceptive methods previously used, especially third generation copper intrauterine devices (IUDs)...
- Laparoscopic management of hydrosalpinges before in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer: salpingectomy versus proximal tubal occlusionE S Surrey
Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine, Englewood, USA
Fertil Steril 75:612-7. 2001..2] The latter approach may be preferable in patients who present with dense pelvic adhesions and easy access only to the proximal fallopian tube...
- Should laparoscopy be a mandatory component of the infertility evaluation in infertile women with normal hysterosalpingogram or suspected unilateral distal tubal pathology?Yuval Lavy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah University Hospital, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem 91240, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 114:64-8. 2004..To assess the diagnostic benefit of laparoscopy in infertile women with normal hysterosalpingography (HSG) or suspected unilateral pathology on HSG...
- Taking a history in the evaluation of infertility: obsolete or venerable tradition?Jacques Donnez
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Department of Gynecology, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 81:16-7; discussion 18. 2004..Taking a relevant history that includes pelvic inflammatory disease or exposure to sexually transmitted diseases is not obsolete...
- [Comparison of assessing the patency of the Fallopian tubes during laparoscopy and during hysterosalpingography on television in infertile women with endometriosis]Ireneusz Salata
II Kliniki Ginekologi, Instytutu Ginekologii i Połoznictwa UM w łodzi
Ginekol Pol 74:1014-7. 2003..Recurrent adnexitis--one of the most common symptoms of endometriosis might be the cause of fallopian tubes occlusion. The hysterosalpingography (HSG) can be helpful to diagnose this tubal pathology...
- Laparoscopic evaluation following failure to achieve pregnancy after ovulation induction with clomiphene citrateFrank Ochoa Capelo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1450-3. 2003..To assess the value of laparoscopic evaluation of the pelvis after failure to achieve pregnancy with clomiphene citrate-induced ovulation and to determine whether predictors for significant pelvic pathology can be isolated...
- [Hysterosalpingography combined with hysteroscopy-laporoscopy in diagnosing female infertility]Xian Ming Luo
Department of Radiology, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
Hunan Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:421-3. 2003..To evaluate hysterosalpingography (HSG) combined with hysteroscopy-laparoscopy in diagnosing female infertility...
- Prognostic capacity of transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy to predict spontaneous pregnancyE A A van Tetering
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maxima Medical Center, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 22:1091-4. 2007..At present, there are no large studies that relate the findings at THL to fertility outcome...
- Diagnosing infertility in a district general hospital: a case-note and cost analysisKamal Ojha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17 0RE, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 6:169-73. 2003..Avoiding duplication and unnecessary investigations (for example, serial progesterone) may reduce costs, although offering all couples a standard protocol of tests would probably offset this observation...
- Tubal patency following surgical and clinical treatment of ectopic pregnancyJulio Elito Junior
Department of Obstetrics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Maria Carolina 68, Jardim Paulistano, Sao Paulo SP, CEP 01445 000, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 124:264-6. 2006..The objective was to evaluate contralateral tubal patency using hysterosalpingography following surgery and clinical treatment of tubal pregnancy...
- Hysterosalpingo-contrast sonography compared with hysterosalpingography and laparoscopic dye pertubation to evaluate tubal patencyCaterina Exacoustos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:367-72. 2003..To evaluate the advantages and accuracy of hysterosalpingo-contrast sonography (HyCoSy) in assessing tubal patency compared with hysterosalpingogram (HSG) and laparoscopic dye pertubation...
- [Laparoscopic assessment following failure to achieve pregnancy after intrauterine inseminations in patients with normal hysterosalpingograms]Piotr Jedrzejczak
Klinika Niepłodności i Endokrynologii Rozrodu, Katedra Ginekologii i Poloznictwa, Akademia Medyczna im K Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 77:582-8. 2006..To assess the diagnostic benefit of laparoscopy in infertile women thought to be at low risk for altered pelvic anatomy...
- Survey of Australasian clinicians' prior beliefs concerning lipiodol flushing as a treatment for infertility: a Bayesian studyNeil P Johnson
University of Auckland and Fertility Plus, Auckland, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:298-304. 2006..To evaluate clinicians' beliefs concerning the effectiveness of lipiodol flushing as a treatment for unexplained infertility, and to integrate these prior beliefs with evidence from randomised trials...
- The fallopian tube and in vitro fertilizationBill Yee
University of California, Irvine, Redondo Beach, California 90277, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:34-43. 2006
- Microsurgery versus laparoscopy in distal tubal obstruction hysterosalpingographically or laparoscopically investigatedB Mossa
Department of Gynecological Science, Perinatology and Child Health University of Rome, La Sapienza, II School of Medicine, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 32:169-71. 2005..To compare pregnancy rates after laparotomic microsurgical or laparoscopic distal tuboplasty...
- Assessment of tubal factor contribution to female infertility in a low resource setting (southwest Nigeria): hysterosalpingography vs laparoscopyM A Okunlola
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:803-4. 2005
- An audit of patients investigated by Hysterosalpingo-Contrast-Sonography (HyCoSy) for infertilityN Shahid
South Manchester Unversity Hospitals, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:275-8. 2005..Its results in our hands are as good as demonstrated by other studies. HyCoSy can be offered as a screening test for low risk infertile women as it is an effective alternative for laparoscopy and dye test...
- Feasibility and clinical significance of endoluminal assessment by transvaginal salpingoscopy during transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy in infertile womenTatsuya Suzuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:420-5. 2005..To investigate the feasibility and clinical usefulness of transvaginal salpingoscopy (TS) during transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy (THL) in infertile women...
- Prediction of laparoscopic surgery outcomes in tubal infertilityAnara Kudaiberdieva
Kyrgyz Scientific Center of Human Reproduction, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45:460-3. 2005..Both scores were informative in prediction of pregnancy with the area under the ROC curve being 0.80 (95% CI 0.67-0.93) and 0.74 (95% CI 0.58-0.89) for LS and HSG scores, respectively...
- Diminished pregnancy rates in endometriosis due to impaired uterotubal transport assessed by hysterosalpingoscintigraphyS Kissler
Division of Gynaecologic Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
BJOG 112:1391-6. 2005..To investigate uterotubal transport by means of hysterosalpingoscintigraphy (HSSG) in women with and without endometriosis...
- Diagnosis of fallopian tube patencyS M H Shah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ga Rankuwa Hospital, Medical University of Southern Africa Pretoria, Republic of South Africa
East Afr Med J 82:457-62. 2005..To evaluate and compare the diagnostic value of hysterosalpingography (HSG) and laparoscopic chromopertubation (LCP), in the diagnosis of fallopian tube patency...
- The position of diagnostic laparoscopy in current fertility practiceJan Bosteels
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imeldahospitaal, Imeldalaan 9, 2820 Bonheiden, Belgium
Hum Reprod Update 13:477-85. 2007..There is however a need for more RCTs to answer remaining questions regarding its value in the diagnosis and treatment of some patients with infertility...
- After the FLUSH trial: a prospective observational study of lipiodol flushing as an innovative treatment for unexplained and endometriosis-related infertilityKira Brent
University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:293-7. 2006..To assess the demographics, efficacy and safety of lipiodol flushing fertility treatment...
- Cost--effectiveness analysis of salpingectomy prior to IVF, based on a randomized controlled trialAnnika Strandell
Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 20:3284-92. 2005..This study compared the cost-effectiveness of this strategy (intervention) with that of optional salpingectomy after a failed cycle (control)...
- Is laparoscopy necessary before assisted reproductive technology?C Tamer Erel
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, IVF Unit, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:243-8. 2005..Laparoscopy is widely used during infertility work-up, although it is sometimes unnecessary. This review highlights when laparoscopic intervention should be used in women undergoing assisted reproductive technology cycles...
- Diagnosis and management of female infertilitySamuel Smith
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 290:1767-70. 2003
- [Effect of salpingectomy on the results of IVF in women with tubal sterility--prospective study]T Mardesic
Sanatorium Pronatal Praha
Ceska Gynekol 66:259-64. 2001..To compare the IVF results after salpingectomy of hydrosalpinges visible on ultrasound with IVF results in women with tubal infertility but without hydrosalpinx...
- Usefulness and prognostic value of transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy in infertile womenHiroyuki Fujiwara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Fertil Steril 79:186-9. 2003..To evaluate the usefulness and prognostic value of transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy (THL) in infertile women...
- Evidence-based medicine for diagnostic questionsJohannes L H Evers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Research Institute GROW, Academisch Ziekenhuis Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Semin Reprod Med 21:9-15. 2003....
- [Contribution of laparoscopy in improving the therapy in patients with tubal infertility]Simina Vegheş
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina Dentara, Clinica a II a Obstetrică Ginecologie
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 110:624-32. 2006..The favorable correlation between laparoscopy and the results obtained confirms a good case selection and the possibility to use minimal invasive methods in the treatment..
- Identifying subfertile ovulatory women for timely tubal patency testing: a clinical decision rule based on medical historyS F P J Coppus
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 22:2685-92. 2007..At present, it is unclear for which women early tubal testing is indicated, and in whom it can be deferred...
- How to treat hydrosalpinges: IVF as the treatment of choiceAnnika Strandell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Reprod Biomed Online 4:37-9. 2002..It is concluded that patients with large hydrosalpinges and without prospect of spontaneous conception should be recommended salpingectomy, which truly increases their chances of a successful IVF treatment...
- Diagnostic and therapeutic value of selective salpingography and tubal catheterization in an unselected infertile populationSpyros Papaioannou
Assisted Conception Unit, Birmingham Women s Hospital, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 79:613-7. 2003..To present diagnostic findings and fertility outcome after selective salpingography and tubal catheterization in an unselected infertile population...
- Pregnancy outcomes after fallopian tube recanalization: oil-based versus water-soluble contrast agentsAnil B M Pinto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:69-74. 2003..To determine the pregnancy outcomes in patients undergoing fallopian tube recanalization (FTR) with use of oil-based versus water-soluble contrast agents...
- Sonohysterosalpingographic screening for infertile patientsS Alborzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Infertility and Endoscopy, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 82:57-62. 2003..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of hysterosalpingography and sonohysterosalpingography in detecting tubal and uterine abnormalities...
- Transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy: a new diagnostic tool in infertility investigationKristin Jonsdottir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Viborg Sygehus, Heibergs Alle 4, 8800 Viborg, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:882-5. 2002..To establish the value of a new technique called transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy for exploration of the tubo-ovarian structures in the management of patients with unexplained infertility...
- Tubal disease and fertility outcomeMax Elstein
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Healthcare, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 16:167-9. 2008..In the management of ectopic pregnancy, there is a paucity of objective data of the relative merits of medical regimens and various surgical procedures...
- Economic evaluation of infertility treatment for tubal diseaseM Granberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Assist Reprod Genet 20:301-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare the costs of our policy of offering tubal surgery to patients with mild or moderate tubal disease with the cost of offering IVF to these and severe tubal disease...
- Laparoscopy or laparotomy for distal tubal surgery? A meta-analysisG Ahmad
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department, South Manchester University Hospital, Wythenshawe, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 10:43-7. 2007..If a decision is made to open the badly damaged tubes of a patient, then an open microsurgical technique should be employed...
- Pelvic factor infertility: diagnosis and prognosis of various proceduresCarlo Bulletti
Physiopathology of Reproduction, Cattolica s General Hospital and University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1127:73-82. 2008..The conventional use of HSG and/or SH may increase the time required to find an adequate treatment by which to achieve a successful pregnancy...
- Minimally invasive exploration of the female reproductive tract in infertilityRudi Campo
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 4:40-5. 2002..A multinational survey to evaluate the risk and outcome of bowel injury during THL registered 24 (0.65%) cases in 3667 procedures. In all cases, the diagnosis was made immediately and the treatment was conservative without complications...
- Influence of severe endometriosis on gene expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-6 in granulosa cells from patients undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for in vitro fertilization-embryo transferYoshiki Yamashita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Fertil Steril 78:865-71. 2002..To evaluate how endometriosis affects expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in granulosa cells...
- The value of hysterosalpingography in the diagnosis of tubal pathology among infertile patientsEgle Tvarijonaviciene
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 44:439-48. 2008..To evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of hysterosalpingography in the diagnosis of tubal pathology among infertile patients...
- Ruptured tubo-ovarian abscess as a complication of IVF treatment: clinical, ultrasonographic and histopathologic findings. A case reportM Varras
Department of Gynaecology, G Gennimatas General State Hospital of Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 30:164-8. 2003..Preservation of the uterus and unaffected uterine adnexa should be attempted in such cases if future pregnancy is desired...
- [Recovery of Chlamydia pneumoniae and Chlamydia trachomatis in a patient with recurrent tonsillitis, bronchitis and otitis media with effusion]H Ogawa
Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic, Kitasato Institute Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:234-8. 1991..trachomatis had disappeared from the middle-ear effusion, but C. pneumoniae was recovered from both tonsillar and bronchial swabs. Readministration of rokitamycin was performed and to date (June, 1990) she remains well...
- Rhinopharynx endoscopy in the diagnosis of chronic otitis media with effusion in infancyG Neri
Department of Experimental and Clinical Surgical Sciences, Otorhinolaryngoiatric Division, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Pescara, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 24:63-7. 2004..Diagnostic accuracy that characterizes rhinopharyngeal fiberendoscopy is, therefore, in our opinion, of fundamental importance to avoid these errors, as far as possible, and in establishing an appropriate therapeutic programme...
- [Outcome and relevant factors of tubal pregnancy treated with laparoscopic conservative surgery]Jun Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100029, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 45:84-8. 2010..To investigate the therapeutic outcome and its influencing factors after laparoscopic conservative surgery in treatment of tubal pregnancy...
- Fallopian tube recanalization: lessons learnt and future challengesGautam N Allahbadia
Deccan Fertility Clinic, Mumbai, India
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 6:531-48, quiz 548-9. 2010..Despite the high diagnostic and therapeutic power of falloposcopic interventions, technical shortcomings with falloposcopy must be overcome before the procedure gains widespread acceptance...
- [Comparative study on different anti-adhesion agents in preventing tubal obstruction after interventional recanalization.]Yi Huang
Department of Radiology, Panyu People s Hospital, Guangzhou 511400, China Email
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:821-4. 2009..To study the efficacy of different anti-adhesion agents used in preventing tubal obstruction after recanalization...
- A second hysterosalpingography reduces the use of selective technique for treatment of a proximal tubal obstructionS Dessole
Sassari University, Sassari, Italy
Fertil Steril 73:1037-9. 2000..To assess whether a second hysterosalpingography (HSG) can permit tubal patency, reducing the use of selective salpingography in patients with proximal tubal obstruction...
- Multidetector computed tomography virtual hysterosalpingography in the investigation of the uterus and fallopian tubesPatricia Carrascosa
Diagnóstico Maipú, Av Maipu 1668, Vicente López B1602ABQ, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Radiol 67:531-5. 2008..To compare the efficacy of multidetector CT virtual hysterosalpingography (MDCT-VH) with conventional X-ray hysterosalpingography (HSG) in the evaluation of patients with diagnosis of infertility...
- Analyzing Complex Longitudinal Data in Behavior SciencesJoseph Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biennial Meeting of the Chlamydia Basic Research SocietyMing Tan; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Analyzing Multiple Process Data in Studies of HIV/AIDSJoseph Hogan; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Prophylactic Ibuprofen: Effect on IUD Continuation RatesDavid Hubacher; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the US, ibuprofen may help spur renewed interest in the most cost effective and efficacious reversible contraceptive method available. ..
- HISTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF PREMALIGNANT ENDOMETRIAL LESIONSFrancisco Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF TREPONEMA PALLIDUMWesley Van Voorhis; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, these studies will help define the protective immune response that results after immunization with Tp92 as well as the immune response to Tp92 that occurs during infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..