Genomes and Genes
Summary: Acute or chronic inflammation of the iris and ciliary body characterized by exudates into the anterior chamber, discoloration of the iris, and constricted, sluggish pupil. Symptoms include radiating pain, photophobia, lacrimation, and interference with vision.
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- [Side effects of anti-TNFalpha therapy in juvenile idiopathic arthritis]Irene Pontikaki
Unità Semplice di Reumatologia Infantile, Dipartimento e Cattedra di Reumatologia dell Università di Milano
Reumatismo 58:31-8. 2006..To report adverse events registered in our population affected by JIA and treated with anti-TNFalpha blockers...
- Clinical features of cytomegalovirus anterior uveitis in immunocompetent patientsSoon Phaik Chee
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Am J Ophthalmol 145:834-40. 2008..To describe the clinical presentation of cytomegalovirus (CMV) anterior uveitis in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-negative patients...
- Chikungunya virus iridocyclitis in Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitisPadmamalini Mahendradas
Uveitis and Ocular Immunology Services, Narayana Nethralaya, Superspeciality Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 121 C, Chord Road, Rajajinagar, 1st R Block, Bangalore 560 010, Karnataka, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 58:545-7. 2010We are reporting a case of bilateral Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis with chikungunya virus infection in the left eye...
- Risk factors for herpes simplex virus epithelial keratitis recurring during treatment of stromal keratitis or iridocyclitis. Herpetic Eye Disease Study GroupK R Wilhelmus
Francis I Proctor Foundation, University of California San Francisco 94143 1412, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 80:969-72. 1996..METHODS: The study population included 260 patients who had active stromal keratitis and/or iridocyclitis without epithelial disease and who were enrolled in one of three clinical trials of the Herpetic Eye Disease ..
- Presumed fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis and Posner-Schlossman syndrome: comparison of cytomegalovirus-positive and negative eyesSoon Phaik Chee
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Am J Ophthalmol 146:883-9.e1. 2008To compare the characteristics of cytomegalovirus (CMV)-positive and negative eyes with presumed Posner-Schlossman syndrome (PSS) and Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI).
- Hypertensive iridocyclitisE C Kim
Br J Ophthalmol 90:812-3. 2006
- Rubella virus as a possible etiological agent of Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitisJun Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University Hospital, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 0023, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:1487-91. 2010To determine whether rubella virus is involved in the pathogenesis of Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI).
- Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis following bilateral ocular toxoplasmosisSudha K Ganesh
Medical and Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 12:75-7. 2004To describe the development of Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI) following bilateral ocular toxoplasmosis in an Asian Indian female.
- Outcomes of phacoemulsification and in-the-bag intraocular lens implantation in Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitisMohammad Ali Javadi
Ophthalmology Department and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 16666 Tehran, Iran
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:997-1001. 2005To evaluate the visual outcomes and complications of phacoemulsification (PE) and posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation, (PC IOL) in patients with Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHIC).
- Epidemiologic relationship between fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis and the United States rubella vaccination programAndrea D Birnbaum
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 144:424-428. 2007To investigate an epidemiologic association between Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI) and the rubella vaccination program in the United States.
- Outcomes of treatment with immunomodulatory therapy in patients with corticosteroid-resistant juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated chronic iridocyclitisEllen N Yu
Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Service, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 13:353-60. 2005To describe the clinical outcome of patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (IA)-associated chronic iridocyclitis unresponsive to conventional therapy, in whom inflammation was eventually controlled using immunomodulatory therapy (..
- Retinal thickening in iridocyclitisChelsea G Castellano
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 148:341-9. 2009To determine the frequency of retinal thickening (RT) in eyes with iridocyclitis and to examine the correlations among anterior chamber (AC) inflammation, RT, and visual acuity.
- Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis and ocular toxocariasisNicolas Teyssot
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Paris VI, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Am J Ophthalmol 139:915-6. 2005..To report the association of Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) and ocular toxocariasis in a young adult...
- Intraocular antibody synthesis against rubella virus and other microorganisms in Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitisPeter C Ruokonen
Augenklinik Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin CVK Germany, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:565-71. 2010..Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) is a common intraocular disease of uncertain etiology that has recently been related to rubella virus (RV) infection...
- Iridocyclitis associated with angle-supported phakic intraocular lensesAntonio Leccisotti
Ophthalmic Surgery Unit, Casa di Cura Rugani, Siena, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1007-10. 2006To evaluate incidence, features, risk factors, and prognosis of iridocyclitis after angle-supported phakic intraocular lens (IOL) implantation.
- Diagnosis and treatment of cytomegalovirus iridocyclitis without retinal necrosisI de Schryver
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Paris VI, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 47 83 Bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris, France
Br J Ophthalmol 90:852-5. 2006..To describe the diagnostic and therapeutic management of cytomegalovirus (CMV) anterior uveitis unassociated with retinal necrosis in immunocompetent patients...
- Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis: a longitudinal clinical studyKerstin Norrsell
Department of Ophthalmology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol 86:58-64. 2008..To carry out a longitudinal study of patients with Fuchs' heterochromic uveitis (FHU) in western Sweden and to establish the factors responsible for diagnostic delay...
- Intraocular lens implantation versus no intraocular lens implantation in patients with chronic iridocyclitis and pars planitis. A randomized prospective studyH H Tessler
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, UIC Eye Center, University of Illinois, Chicago College of Medicine 60612
Ophthalmology 100:1206-9. 1993..The authors studied the safety of intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in patients with uveitis...
- Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis: clinical manifestations in dark-eyed Mexican patientsLourdes Arellanes-Garcia
Inflammatory Eye Diseases Clinic, Dr Luis Sánchez Bulnes Hospital, Asociacion para Evitar la Ceguera en Mexico, Coyoacan
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 10:125-31. 2002To describe the clinical features of Fuch's heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI) in dark-eyed Mexican patients.
- Secondary glaucoma in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis-associated iridocyclitisC S Foster
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Department of Ophthalmology, Boston 02114, USA
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:576-9. 2000The prevalence and management of glaucoma were evaluated in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA)-associated iridocyclitis.
- Rubella virus is associated with fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitisJolanda D F de Groot-Mijnes
Department of Virology, Eijkman Winkler Center, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 141:212-214. 2006To determine whether rubella virus (RV) is involved in the pathogenesis of Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI).
- Ocular manifestations associated with chikungunyaPadmamalini Mahendradas
Uveitis and Ocular Immunology Services, Super Speciality Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore, India
Ophthalmology 115:287-91. 2008..To report ocular manifestations associated with chikungunya...
- Intraocular caterpillar setae without subsequent vitritis or iridocyclitisMichael S Ibarra
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 134:118-20. 2002..To report a case of caterpillar setae embedded in the corneal stroma and inferotemporal retina with minimal inflammation...
- Antibodies to the 45 kDa DEK nuclear antigen in pauciarticular onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and iridocyclitis: selective association with MHC geneK J Murray
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229, USA
J Rheumatol 24:560-7. 1997..a sample of patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA), and to make correlations with disease subtype and complications such as iridocyclitis. Class I and Class II HLA associations with reactivity to the antigen were also sought.
- [Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis without heterochromia: a diagnostic approach]P Beneyto
Servicio de Oftalmología y Servicio de Reumatología, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Toledo, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 82:355-9. 2007..To obtain diagnostic guidelines of Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis (FHC) in the absence of heterochromia using Bayesian methods...
- Rubella virus-associated uveitis in a nonvaccinated childMartin J Siemerink
F C Donders Institute of Ophthalmology, Eijkman Winkler Center, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 143:899-900. 2007..To report presumed Fuchs heterochromic uveitis (FHU) associated with Rubella virus (RV)-specific intraocular antibody production in a child who was not vaccinated against rubella...
- Posner-Schlossman glaucomatocyclitic crisisTarek A Shazly
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 26:282-4. 2011..Diagnosis of Posner-Schlossman syndrome is difficult, and it may mimic a variety of ocular disorders. Treatment of this syndrome is directed towards controlling the inflammation and associated IOP elevation...
- Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis: a review of 26 casesS Velilla
Department of Ophthalmology, , Valladolid, Spain
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 9:169-75. 2001Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI), an unusual form of uveitis of unknown etiology, is frequently misdiagnosed...
- A significant association of viral loads with corneal endothelial cell damage in cytomegalovirus anterior uveitisMasaru Miyanaga
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 94:336-40. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the correlation between the clinical manifestation and the cytomegalovirus (CMV) viral load in the aqueous humour of patients with CMV anterior uveitis...
- Idiopathic no more: clues to the pathogenesis of Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis and glaucomatocyclitic crisisRussell N Van Gelder
Am J Ophthalmol 145:769-71. 2008
- Confocal scan features of keratic precipitates in Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitisMozhgan Rezaei Kanavi
Ophthalmology Department and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Cornea 29:39-42. 2010To characterize confocal scan features of keratic precipitates (KPs) in Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis.
- Rubella virus-associated uveitis: clinical manifestations and visual prognosisLenneke de Visser
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 146:292-7. 2008..To investigate the clinical profile of patients with chronic anterior uveitis and intraocular analyses positive for intraocular Rubella virus infection and assess eventual similarities to Fuchs heterochromic uveitis (FHU)...
- Ophthalmomyiasis associated with Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitisMarc J Spirn
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Retina 26:973-4. 2006
- The riddle of fuchs heterochromic uveitisAniki Rothova
Am J Ophthalmol 144:447-8. 2007
- Cat-scratch disease (ocular bartonellosis) presenting as bilateral recurrent iridocyclitisHernán Martínez-Osorio
Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Unit, Institute of Ophthalmobiology IOBA, University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 40:e43-5. 2005..Confirmation was based on serological test results positive for Bartonella henselae. Antibiotic treatment completely cured the disease, and there have been no further manifestations during a follow-up period of 6 years...
- Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis: rubella virus antibodies and genome in aqueous humorClaus D Quentin
Department of Ophthalmology, Georg August University, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 138:46-54. 2004..To characterize the polyspecific intraocular antibody synthesis in aqueous humor of patients with chronic inflammatory diseases of the eye and to detect the causative antigen in Fuchs heterochromic cyclitis (FHC)...
- Cataract surgery in patients with Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitisK Budak
Ophthalmology Department of Ankara Hospital, Turkey
Jpn J Ophthalmol 43:308-11. 1999To evaluate the results of cataract extraction and posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in patients with Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis (FHI).
- [Juvenile idiopathic arthritis and uveitis: screening and anti-inflammatory therapy]Arnd Heiligenhaus
Augenabteilung am St Franziskus Hospital, Muenster
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:738-53. 2003..The suggestions of the "uveitis in childhood study group" concerning screening and treatment of uveitis in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis are provided, and a nation-wide documentation of these patients is described...
- A case of infected scleral buckle with Mycobacterium chelonae associated with chronic intraocular inflammationOzay Oz
Saint Louis University Eye Institute, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 12:65-7. 2004..To describe a unique case of chronic intraocular inflammation secondary to scleral buckle infection with Mycobacterium chelonae that was successfully treated with buckle explantation...
- Intracellular T lymphocyte cytokine profiles in the aqueous humour of patients with uveitis and correlation with clinical phenotypeT Hill
Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 139:132-7. 2005....
- Frosted branch angiitis associated with Harada disease-like manifestations recurs 10 years laterToshihiko Matsuo
Department of Ophthalmology, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama City, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 46:682-4. 2002..To describe a case with frosted branch angiitis occurring in association with manifestations of Harada disease...
- Intraocular lens implantation in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated uveitisKaisu Kotaniemi
Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Heinola, Finland
Ophthalmic Res 38:318-23. 2006..To evaluate the development of cataract and the results of cataract surgery with intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in patients with chronic uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- When should intraocular lenses be implanted in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis-associated iridocyclitis?Arnd Heiligenhaus
Ophthalmic Res 38:316-7. 2006
- Clinical features of cytomegalovirus anterior uveitis in immunocompetent patientsDavid L Knox
Am J Ophthalmol 146:625; author reply 625-6. 2008
- The efficacy of intravitreal vancomycin and dexamethasone in the treatment of experimental bacillus cereus endophthalmitisFang Liu
Department of Retina and Vitreous, Suzhou Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, P R China
Curr Eye Res 33:761-8. 2008..Bacillus cereus causes the most virulent and refractory form of endophthalmitis. The authors analyzed effectiveness of intravitreal vancomycin with or without dexamethasone for experimental Bacillus cereus endophthalmitis...
- Lepromatous iridocyclitisMehmet Citirik
SSK Ankara Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 13:95-9. 2005A 36-year-old woman with no prior medical history presented with a unilateral decrease in vision and iridocyclitis to our hospital...
- Cataract extraction outcomes in patients with Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitisSushma Tejwani
Comprehensive Ophthalmology, LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1678-82. 2006..To analyze the visual outcomes and complication rate after cataract extraction and posterior chamber intraocular lens (PC IOL) implantation in patients with Fuchs' heterochromic cyclitis...
- Ocular manifestations in patients with microscopic polyangiitisM Mihara
Department of Ophthalmology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama Japan
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:138-42. 2005..To describe ocular manifestations in patients with microscopic polyangiitis...
- [Ocular symptoms of autoagression in patients with idiopathic inflammatory bowel disease]Marta Misiuk-Hojło
Kliniki Okulistyki Akademii Medycznej we Wrocławiu
Klin Oczna 106:492-4. 2004..The research program established a retrospective analysis of symptoms presented typically in non-specific colitis in a group of patients with recurrence acute iridocyclitis (IA) and HLA B27 positive.
- Unusual presentation of Amsler's sign in Fuchs' heterochromic uveitisPammal T Ashwin
Department of Ophthalmology, Dudley Group of Hospitals, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1579-80. 2006..The bleeding occurred before the surgery began. Although the occurrence of this phenomenon does not preclude successful surgical outcomes, topical anesthesia may lower the risk preoperatively...
- Varicella-zoster viral antigen identified in iridocyclitis patientHiroyuki Nakashizuka
Department of Ophthalmology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 46:70-3. 2002The varicella-zoster virus (VZV) antigen has not been identified immunohistologically in iridocyclitis due to VZV.
- Fuch's heterochromic cyclitis: new clues regarding pathogenesisLynn Gordon
Am J Ophthalmol 138:133-4. 2004
- Health-related quality of life in Behçet patients with ocular involvementNilgun Tanriverdi
Department of Psychiatry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Jpn J Ophthalmol 47:85-92. 2003..We aimed to investigate the relation of HRQOL to the duration of illness, mental state, and visual acuity of patients with Behçet syndrome...
- Ocular manifestations of Behcet's disease in Indian patientsJolly Rohatgi
Department of Ophthalmology, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, Delhi, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 51:309-13. 2003..To study the prevalence, manifestations and severity of ocular involvement in Indian patients with Behcet's disease...
- Bilateral conjunctival nodules: an unusual manifestation of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndromeMei Chuan Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455 0501, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1878-81. 2004
- Diagnosis and management of traumatic cyclodialysis cleftAlex Malandrini
Department of Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1213-6. 2008A 48-year-old man presented with hyphema, iridocyclitis, iridophacodonesis, and maculopathy after a contusive trauma. Ultrasound biomicroscopy identified a 90-degree cyclodialysis cleft with severe damage of the zonular fibers...
- Immunohistochemical study of chronic nongranulomatous anterior uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritisJignesh G Parikh
Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, A Ray Irvine Ocular Pathology Laboratory, The Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1833-6. 2008..To provide a detailed immunohistochemical analysis of juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)-associated anterior uveitis...
- [Exudative iridocyclitis and endophthalmitis developing after cataract extraction and intraocular lens implantation]D A Koval'kova
Vestn Oftalmol 124:58-61. 2008
- Acute iridocyclitis in antinuclear antibody-positive pauciarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis detected a decade earlierShlomit Schaal
Alberto Moscona Department of Ophthalmology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 39:365-6. 2002
- Concern about long-term results of IOL implantation in Fuchs' heterochromic uveitisShishir Agrawal
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1469-70. 2003
- Clinical features of Chinese patients with Fuchs' syndromePeizeng Yang
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Ophthalmology 113:473-80. 2006..To characterize the clinical features of Chinese patients with Fuchs' syndrome...
- Uveitis in autoimmune hepatitis: a case reportRoberto Giulio Romanelli
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Florence School of Medicine, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 12:1637-40. 2006..about other possible etiologies, such as HCV, since all the old reports describe the association of AIH with iridocyclitis before tests for HCV-related hepatitis could be available...
- Confocal scan of keratic precipitates in uveitic eyes of various etiologiesMozhgan Rezaei Kanavi
Ophthalmic Research Center of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Cornea 29:650-4. 2010..To specify confocal scan features of keratic precipitates (KPs) in uveitic eyes of various etiologies...
- Effects of Ivermectin with and without doxycycline on clinical symptoms of onchocerciasisHannan Masud
Department of Eye, Combined Military Hospital, Nowshera
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:34-8. 2009..To compare and analyze the effects of ivermectin with combined therapy of doxycycline and ivermectin on clinical symptoms of onchocerciasis...
- Fluocinolone acetonide sustained drug delivery device to treat severe uveitisG J Jaffe
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Ophthalmology 107:2024-33. 2000..In this report, we describe a pilot safety and efficacy trial of a novel sustained drug delivery system containing fluocinolone acetonide to treat patients with severe uveitis...
- In vivo confocal microscopy of keratic precipitatesMichael S Wertheim
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97201, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1773-81. 2004..To evaluate the heterogeneity of keratic precipitates (KP) in varying subtypes of uveitis by in vivo confocal microscopy (IVCM)...
- Ocular complications in myelodysplastic syndromes as preleukemic disordersTakeshi Kezuka
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 49:377-83. 2005..To identify ocular complications in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), who have a propensity to progress to acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Demographic and clinical features of uveitis in tertiary centers in TurkeyHaluk Kazokoglu
Department of Ophthalmology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 15:285-93. 2008..To analyze the referral patterns and clinical features of uveitis in tertiary eye care centers in Turkey...
- [Pars plana vitrectomy in cystoid macular edema of different forms of chronic uveitis]B Wiechens
Augenklinik, Klinikum Hannover
Ophthalmologe 100:33-43. 2003..Pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) is known to positively influence chronic uveitis. This retrospective study was performed to investigate the role of PPV in the therapy refractive uveitic CME...
- Epidemiological survey of intraocular inflammation in JapanHiroshi Goto
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 51:41-4. 2007..To report the frequency and trend of intraocular inflammation based on a survey of new ophthalmology patient visits to university hospitals throughout Japan during 2002...
- CD4(+), CD8(+), immunoglobulin status and ocular lesions among some onchocerciasis-infected rural NigeriansO P G Nmorsi
Tropical Diseases Research Centre, Department of Zoology, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria
Parasitol Res 100:1261-6. 2007..Among the six visual lesions, namely, cataract, choroidoretinitis, iridocyclitis, glaucoma, sclerosing keratitis, and optic atrophy encountered in Egoro-Eguare, only optic atrophy and ..
- Pars plana vitrectomy in the management of paediatric uveitis: the Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution experienceG P Giuliari
Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Eye (Lond) 24:7-13. 2010..To assess the effectiveness and safety of pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) in the management of chronic paediatric uveitis...
- Elevated free tear lactoferrin levels in leprosy are associated with Type 2 reactionsEbenezer Daniel
Department of Ophthalmology, Schieffelin Leprosy Research and Training Center, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 52:51-6. 2004....
- Rapidly progressive cataract and iris atrophy during treatment of Acanthamoeba keratitisNatasha L Herz
Sid W Richardson Ocular Microbiology Laboratory, Cullen Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Ophthalmology 115:866-9. 2008..To identify characteristics associated with cataract occurring during the course of Acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Incidence of secondary glaucoma in behcet diseaseUfuk Elgin
Social Security Eye Hospital, Glaucoma Department, Ulucanlar, Ankara, Turkey
J Glaucoma 13:441-4. 2004..To determine the incidence of secondary glaucoma in Behcet disease...
- Uveitis in Herpes zoster ophthalmicusJ H Thean
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, East Melbourne, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 29:406-10. 2001..Approximately 50% of HZO patients develop ocular complications, with iridocyclitis occurring in about 43%. This study aimed to identify the clinical features of uveitis secondary to HZO.
- Ocular problems in HIV and AIDS patients in NigeriaMichael Osita Emina
Department of Optometry, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria
Optom Vis Sci 87:979-84. 2010..To investigate ocular disease and visual acuity defects in patients with HIV/AIDS according to CD4T-cells counts...
- Drug-induced ocular inflammatory diseasesFrederick W Fraunfelder
The National Registry of Drug Induced Ocular Side Effects, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 4197, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 43:117-23. 2007..g., iritis, pars planitis or iridocyclitis. Multiple drugs have been associated with ocular inflammation and much has been written on the subject...
- [Ocular sparganosis in the Czech Republic--a case report]M Rehak
Department of Ophthalmology Faculty Hospital in Olomouc, Czech Republic
Klin Mikrobiol Infekc Lek 12:161-4, 155. 2006..The vitreous and retina remained uninvolved. The acute iridocyclitis associated with parasitic infection is a very rare cause of anterior uveitis in Central Europe...
- Risk and prognostic factors of poor visual outcome in Behcet's disease with ocular involvementMasaru Takeuchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:1147-52. 2005..The purpose of the study was to determine factors correlated with the progression of irreversible visual disturbance in Behcet's disease (BD) with ocular involvement...
- HLA and juvenile rheumatoid arthritisM Cerna
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:69-73. 1994..1, p < 0.00005), mostly due to DRB1*1501, was found. In the iridocyclitis and antinuclear factor groups, susceptibility to DRB1*1201 was observed...
- Mumps-induced corneal endotheliitisKirti Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Guru Nanak Eye Center, New Delhi 110002, India
Cornea 23:400-2. 2004..To report two cases of corneal endotheliitis following mumps parotitis...
- [Optic nerve involvement in syphilis in 4 patients]P S Freigassner
Univ Augenklinik Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 4, 8036 Graz Osterreich
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 218:691-4. 2001..Syphilitic ocular manifestations do not show any typical characteristics and therefore are often not diagnosed although a correct and early diagnosis with adequate therapy is very important for the visual outcome...
- The role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in the induction of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis in miceS Nakamura
Department of Ophthalmology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 35:3884-9. 1994....
- Ocular findings in Japanese patients with varicella-zoster virus infectionMachi Yoshida
Department of Ophthalmology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Ophthalmologica 219:272-5. 2005..To examine ocular findings in Japanese patients with varicella, herpes zoster ophthalmicus, and acute retinal necrosis...
- Prevalence of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) DRB1 alleles in Kuwaiti children with juvenile rheumatoid arthritisKhaled Alsaeid
Pediatrics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, PO Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
Eur J Immunogenet 29:1-5. 2002..All the patients with iridocyclitis had either a DR1 or DR3 allele, except for one child...
- [Drug induced uveitis]J Cano Parra
Médico adjunto del Hospital Municipal de Badalona, Barcelona
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 80:137-49. 2005..To review the world literature about drug induced uveitis...
- A murine model of experimental autoimmune lens-induced uveitis using Klebsiella O3 lipopolysaccharide as a potent immunological adjuvantT Yokochi
Department of Bacteriology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Int J Exp Pathol 74:573-82. 1993..The iridocyclitis was followed by extensive infiltration of polymorphonuclear leucocytes (PMN) into the cornea, lens and the ..
- Variations in clinical features of the Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndromeJ Beniz
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Southern California School of Medicine
Retina 11:275-80. 1991..The ocular manifestations of the VKH syndrome are more constant and include iridocyclitis, vitritis, diffuse swelling of the choroid, serous retinal detachment, and optic disc hyperemia...
- Angle-supported phakic intraocular lenses in hyperopiaAntonio Leccisotti
Ophthalmic Surgery Unit, Casa di Cura Rugani, Siena, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:1598-602. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of angle-supported phakic intraocular lenses (PIOLs) in hyperopia...
- Bilateral acute depigmentation of the irisIlknur Tugal-Tutkun
Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:742-6. 2006..To report on five cases of unusual bilateral stromal depigmentation of the iris and pigment dispersion masquerading as uveitis...
- Uveitis in childhoodSibel Kadayifcilar
Department of Ophthalmology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:335-40. 2003..To review the etiologic factors and complications of uveitis in patients younger than 16 years...
- Clinical features and prognosis of herpetic anterior uveitis: a retrospective study of 111 casesIlknur Tugal-Tutkun
Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul University, Goz Hastaliklari A D Capa, 34390, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Ophthalmol 30:559-65. 2010..5 in 17% of the involved eyes and was due to corneal scarring or cataract formation. Patients with iridocyclitis only had no permanent visual loss...
- Clinical statistics of endogenous uveitis: comparison between general eye clinic and university hospitalJ I Sakai
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishi shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 0023, Japan
Int Ophthalmol 30:297-301. 2010..In addition, uveitis secondary to underlying diseases such as diabetic iritis and transient non-granulomatous iridocyclitis was generally not referred to specialist hospitals...
- [STD in the eye]Masahiko Usui
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University
Nihon Rinsho 67:107-16. 2009..Syphilis has many ocular manifestations such as keratitis, iridocyclitis, retinochorioiditis, and neuritis, etc...
- Cortical and subcapsular cataracts: significance of physical forcesHans Pau
Department of Ophthalmology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Ophthalmologica 220:1-5. 2006..Subcapsular cataracts are known to be caused by a variety of factors: aging, diabetes, corticosteroids, iridocyclitis, or X-ray, among many others...
- The incidence and pathology of conjunctival ulceration in Behçet's syndromeToshihiko Matsuo
Department of Ophthalmology, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama City, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 86:140-3. 2002..To describe the results of a study of the incidence of conjunctival ulceration and its pathology as a manifestation of Behçet's syndrome...
- A patient with sarcoidosis diagnosed by a biopsy of scleral nodulesWataru Saito
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:374-6. 2005..To report the case of a patient with nodular scleritis who was diagnosed as having sarcoidosis by a biopsy of scleral nodules...
- Mycobacterium haemophilum: a rare cause of endophthalmitisDimple Modi
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, UIC Eye Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Retina 27:1148-51. 2007..Chronic granulomatous iridocyclitis progressed to purulent endophthalmitis despite intraocular and systemic antimicrobial therapy...
- Anterior uveitis: current concepts of pathogenesis and interactions with the spondyloarthropathiesTammy M Martin
Oregon Health and Science University, Casey Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 14:337-41. 2002..arise from an infection such as herpes simplex; be part of an ocular syndrome, such as Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis; be part of trauma, as in cataract surgery; or result from an idiopathic eye disease with a presumed immune ..
- Frosted branch angiitis secondary to macular choroidal neovascularization in a chinese womanYuling Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Jpn J Ophthalmol 49:228-30. 2005..This is perhaps the first report of frosted branch angiitis secondary to choroidal neovascularization (CNV) from China. We describe a case of frosted branch angiitis associated with macular CNV...
- Multispectral diagnostic imaging of the irisANA LUKIC; Fiscal Year: 2007..for the following disorders: pigmentary dispersion syndrome and secondary glaucoma, Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis, ocular albinism in infants, and iridociliary cysts...
- Multispectral diagnostic imaging of the irisANA LUKIC; Fiscal Year: 2004..The device is expected to have clinical importance for the following disorders: pigmentary dispersion syndrome and secondary glaucoma, Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis, ocular albinism in infants, and iridociliary cysts.
- CHEMOTACTIC FACTORS IN ANIMAL MODELS OF UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..We believe that these aims are novel, innovative, especially suited to the skills and achievements demonstrated by our laboratory, and highly relevant to clarifying the pathogenesis of anterior uveitis. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Anterior Uveal Dendritic CellsJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will clarify the function of the immune system within the eye and may suggest novel therapeutic approaches in the treatment of uveitis. ..
- FOUR DIMENSIONAL IMAGING OF THE IMMUNE RESPONSE IN VIVOJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should result in a fundamental improvement in the understanding of how T cells behave within a site of inflammation. ..
- Analysis of Genetic Susceptibility to Anterior UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 3: To identify specific candidate gene mutations by using SNP marker analysis, by comparative DNA sequencing and by denaturing HPLC analysis. ..
- IMMUNOLOGY/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TRAINING IN OPHTHALMOLOGYJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..The quality of the institution, the talents of the specific faculty, the abilities of the applicant pool, and the proven success of the program areadditional strengths of this application. ..
- UVEITIS GENE-EXPRESSION PROFILINGJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..The creation of a gene expression data base for patients with uveitis has the potential to clarify the pathogenesis of disease, establish new diagnostic tools, and provide a means for predicting prognosis. ..
- A Genetic Model of UveitisTAMMY MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both transgenic mice and transgenic mice crossed with NOD2 knock-out mice will be studied. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- Endotoxin-induced Uveitis RevisitedJames T Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Future studies can buil d on these observations to test anti-inflammtory molecules induced by endotoxin as these molecules are potentially useful in the treatment of uveitis and other inflammations. ..