Genomes and Genes
Summary: A condition in which the intraocular pressure is elevated above normal and which may lead to glaucoma.
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: a randomized trial determines that topical ocular hypotensive medication delays or prevents the onset of primary open-angle glaucomaMichael A Kass
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:701-13; discussion 829-30. 2002..United States are at increased risk for developing POAG because of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), or ocular hypertension. There is no consensus on the efficacy of medical treatment in delaying or preventing the onset of POAG in ..
- Protection of retinal ganglion cells and retinal vasculature by Lycium barbarum polysaccharides in a mouse model of acute ocular hypertensionXue Song Mi
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Jinan University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45469. 2012Acute ocular hypertension (AOH) is a condition found in acute glaucoma. The purpose of this study is to investigate the protective effect of Lycium barbarum polysaccharides (LBP) and its protective mechanisms in the AOH insult...
- Evaluation of a novel Scheimpflug-based non-contact tonometer in healthy subjects and patients with ocular hypertension and glaucomaLukas Reznicek
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University Muenchen, Muenchen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 97:1410-4. 2013....
- Retinal ganglion cell loss in a rat ocular hypertension model is sectorial and involves early optic nerve axon lossIleana Soto
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:434-41. 2011..Here the authors further elucidate these features of glaucomatous degeneration in a rat ocular hypertension model.
- The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: baseline factors that predict the onset of primary open-angle glaucomaMae O Gordon
OHTS Coordinating Center, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8203, 660 South Euclid, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:714-20; discussion 829-30. 2002The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) has shown that topical ocular hypotensive medication is effective in delaying or preventing the onset of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in individuals with elevated intraocular pressure (..
- Bimatoprost: a review of its use in open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionMonique P Curran
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs Aging 26:1049-71. 2009..In patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension, long-term treatment (for up to 48 months) with once-daily bimatoprost 0...
- Visual function-specific perimetry for indirect comparison of different ganglion cell populations in glaucomaP A Sample
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0946, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:1783-90. 2000..automated perimetry, frequency-doubling technology perimetry, and motion-automated perimetry, each of which assesses different aspects of visual function, in eyes with glaucomatous optic neuropathy and ocular hypertension.
- Sustained ocular hypertension induces dendritic degeneration of mouse retinal ganglion cells that depends on cell type and locationLiang Feng
Department of Ophthalmology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:1106-17. 2013..How RGCs degenerate before death is little understood, so we sought to investigate RGC degeneration in a mouse model of ocular hypertension.
- Correlation between morphological and functional retinal impairment in patients affected by ocular hypertension, glaucoma, demyelinating optic neuritis and Alzheimer's diseaseVincenzo Parisi
Clinica Oculistica Università di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Semin Ophthalmol 18:50-7. 2003..by OCT) and retinal functional assessment (by Pattern ERG recordings) performed in patients affected by ocular hypertension (OHT), glaucoma (OAG), demyelinating optic neuritis (MSON), and Alzheimer's disease (AD) are reported...
- Attenuation of ocular hypertension with the use of topical loteprednol etabonate 0.5% in steroid responders after corneal transplantationEdward J Holland
Cincinnati Eye Institute, OH, USA
Cornea 28:1139-43. 2009..5% ophthalmic suspension as second-line rescue therapy after corneal transplantation...
- Vaccination for protection of retinal ganglion cells against death from glutamate cytotoxicity and ocular hypertension: implications for glaucomaH Schori
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3398-403. 2001..glutamate (a major mediator of degeneration in acute and chronic optic nerve insults) and in a rat model of ocular hypertension. Passive immunization with T cells reactive to myelin basic protein or active immunization with myelin ..
- Intracranial pressure in primary open angle glaucoma, normal tension glaucoma, and ocular hypertension: a case-control studyJohn P Berdahl
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5412-8. 2008To compare intracranial pressure (ICP) in subjects with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG), normal-tension glaucoma (NTG; subset of POAG), and ocular hypertension (OHT) with that in subjects with no glaucoma.
- Efficacy and safety of tafluprost 0.0015% versus latanoprost 0.005% eye drops in open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension: 24-month results of a randomized, double-masked phase III studyHannu Uusitalo
Department of Ophthalmology, Tampere University Hospital, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Acta Ophthalmol 88:12-9. 2010The objective of the study was to compare the long-term efficacy and safety of tafluprost 0.0015% with latanoprost 0.005% eye drops in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- The gradient of retinal functional changes during acute intraocular pressure elevationBang V Bui
Discoveries in Sight, Devers Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon 97232, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:202-13. 2005..To characterize retinal function during a period of acutely elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) across a wide range of IOPs, including those typically observed in animals with experimental glaucoma...
- Adult-onset primary open-angle glaucoma caused by mutations in optineurinTayebeh Rezaie
Molecular Ophthalmic Genetics Laboratory, Surgical Research Center, Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Science 295:1077-9. 2002..Optineurin is expressed in trabecular meshwork, nonpigmented ciliary epithelium, retina, and brain, and we speculate that it plays a neuroprotective role...
- Ocular hypertension impairs optic nerve axonal transport leading to progressive retinal ganglion cell degenerationManuel Salinas-Navarro
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Facultad de Medicina, Campus Universitario de Espinardo, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Exp Eye Res 90:168-83. 2010b>Ocular hypertension (OHT) is the main risk factor of glaucoma, a neuropathy leading to blindness...
- The rate of functional recovery from acute IOP elevationZheng He
Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4872-80. 2006..To evaluate the recovery of retinal function after acute IOP elevation...
- Assessment of neuroprotective effects of glutamate modulation on glaucoma-related retinal ganglion cell apoptosis in vivoLi Guo
Glaucoma and Optic Nerve Head Research Group, Department of Pathology, University College London Institute of Opthamology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:626-33. 2006....
- Ocular blood flow and systemic blood pressure in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionGabriele Fuchsjager-Mayrl
Departments of Clinical Pharmacology and Ophthalmology, and the Institute of Medical Physics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:834-9. 2004..In the present study, the baseline characteristics were examined in a study population participating in a clinical trial in which the ocular hemodynamic effects of timolol and dorzolamide were compared...
- Up-regulated endogenous erythropoietin/erythropoietin receptor system and exogenous erythropoietin rescue retinal ganglion cells after chronic ocular hypertensionQing Ling Fu
Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 28:317-29. 2008..In this study, we investigate the role of the EPO/EPO receptor (EPOR) system in the rat retina after ocular hypertension injury that mimics glaucoma.
- Intraocular pressure elevation after intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide injectionJost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim of the University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ophthalmology 112:593-8. 2005..To report on intraocular pressure (IOP) after intravitreal injections of triamcinolone acetonide...
- A long-term prospective study of risk factors for glaucomatous visual field loss in patients with ocular hypertensionBoel Bengtsson
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
J Glaucoma 14:135-8. 2005To evaluate the importance of baseline risk factors for development of glaucomatous visual field loss in patients with high-risk ocular hypertension.
- Efficacy of tetrandrine on lowering intraocular pressure in animal model with ocular hypertensionPing Huang
Department of Opthalmology, Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Glaucoma 20:183-8. 2011..5% ophthalmic solution on lowering the intraocular pressure (IOP) in ocular normotensive and hypertensive rats...
- Relationship between electrophysiological, psychophysical, and anatomical measurements in glaucomaDavid F Garway-Heath
Glaucoma Research Unit, Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London EC1V 2PD, UK
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2213-20. 2002....
- Tracking longitudinal retinal changes in experimental ocular hypertension using the cSLO and spectral domain-OCTLi Guo
Visual Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6504-13. 2010..The aim of this study was to test, first, whether the outer retina is affected in experimental ocular hypertension (OHT) and, second, whether whole retinal thickness can be used as a surrogate marker of glaucomatous change.
- Psychophysical and electrophysiological testing in ocular hypertensionMarcella Nebbioso
Department of Ophthalmology, Centre of Ocular Electrophysiology, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Optom Vis Sci 88:E928-39. 2011The purpose of this study was to compare psychophysical and electrophysiological testings in early optic nerve dysfunction in a group of clinically asymptomatic subjects with suspect ocular hypertension (OHT).
- The effect of cataract extraction on intraocular pressureAnurag Shrivastava
Department of Ophthalmology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 21:118-22. 2010..To review the current ophthalmic literature regarding the impact of modern cataract surgery on intraocular pressure (IOP)...
- Laser-induced ocular hypertension in albino CD-1 miceChristine T Fu
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:980-90. 2010To establish a laser-induced model of ocular hypertension (LIOH) in albino CD-1 mice and to characterize the sequence of pathologic events triggered by intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation.
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure in ocular hypertensionRuojin Ren
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, China
Acta Ophthalmol 89:e142-8. 2011..To assess the lumbar cerebrospinal fluid pressure (CSF-P) in ocular hypertensive subjects with elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) but without development of glaucomatous optic nerve damage...
- The selective vulnerability of retinal ganglion cells in rat chronic ocular hypertension model at early phaseXue Gang Luo
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, 21 Sassoon Road, Hong Kong, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:1143-51. 2009..subunits of glutamate receptors during the early phase of retinal ganglion cell (RGC) loss in a rat chronic ocular hypertension (COH) model were investigated...
- Randomized clinical trial of the efficacy and safety of preservative-free tafluprost and timolol in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionAlmira Chabi
Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, PO Box 1000, North Wales, PA 19454 1099, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 153:1187-96. 2012To compare the efficacy and safety of tafluprost, a preservative-free (PF) prostaglandin analogue, with PF timolol in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Variability of intraocular pressure measurements in observation participants in the ocular hypertension treatment studyAnjali M Bhorade
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ophthalmology 116:717-24. 2009To describe variability of intraocular pressure (IOP) measurements within the same eye and between right and left eyes over a 60-month period in participants in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study.
- Optic neuropathy due to microbead-induced elevated intraocular pressure in the mouseHuihui Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:36-44. 2011..To characterize a glaucoma model of mice, the authors adopted and modified a method of inducing the chronic elevation of intraocular pressure (IOP) by anterior chamber injection of polystyrene microbeads...
- Analysis of autoantibodies against human retinal antigens in sera of patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertensionJan Reichelt
Experimental Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Curr Eye Res 33:253-61. 2008..The aim of this study was to show that complex antibody patterns against retinal antigens in sera of patients with glaucoma, found in previous studies, are autoantibodies against human antigens...
- Quantification of the effect of different levels of IOP in the astroglia of the rat retina ipsilateral and contralateral to experimental glaucomaAna I Ramírez
Instituto de Investigaciones Oftalmologicas Ramon Castroviejo, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:5690-6. 2010To analyze the effects of different levels of intraocular pressure (IOP) in the macroglia in ocular hypertension (OHT) and contralateral eyes at 3 weeks after laser photocoagulation and compare these with effects in age-matched control ..
- Open-angle glaucoma and systemic hypertension: the blue mountains eye studyPaul Mitchell
Department of Ophthalmology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Glaucoma 13:319-26. 2004..To assess whether systemic hypertension is associated with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) in an older population...
- Delaying treatment of ocular hypertension: the ocular hypertension treatment studyMichael A Kass
Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study Coordinating Center, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8203, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:276-87. 2010To compare the safety and efficacy of earlier vs later treatment in preventing primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in individuals with ocular hypertension.
- Comparison of retinal nerve fiber layer and optic disc imaging for diagnosing glaucoma in patients suspected of having the diseaseFelipe A Medeiros
Hamilton Glaucoma Center and Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0946, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1340-6. 2008..To compare retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) and optic disc topographic imaging for detection of optic nerve damage in patients suspected of having glaucoma...
- Neuroprotective effects of Lycium barbarum Lynn on protecting retinal ganglion cells in an ocular hypertension model of glaucomaHiu Chi Chan
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR
Exp Neurol 203:269-73. 2007..has been used for centuries in Eastern World to protect the eyes and maintain good health. Using an ocular hypertension (OH) model in rat by laser photocoagulation of episcleral and limbal veins, we attempted to investigate ..
- Functional and morphological effects of laser-induced ocular hypertension in retinas of adult albino Swiss miceManuel Salinas-Navarro
Department of Ophthalmology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Vis 15:2578-98. 2009To investigate the effects of laser photocoagulation (LP)-induced ocular hypertension (OHT) on the survival and retrograde axonal transport of retinal ganglion cells (RGC), as well as on the function of retinal layers.
- Retinal neurodegeneration in the DBA/2J mouse-a model for ocular hypertensionFrank Schuettauf
Experimental Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, Roentgenweg 11, 72076, Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 107:352-8. 2004..However, neovasculogenesis and myelin-like bodies are observed during aging. Therefore, the DBA/2J model requires judicious interpretation as a glaucoma model...
- Ocular hypertension in mice with a targeted type I collagen mutationMakoto Aihara
Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1581-5. 2003..To evaluate intraocular pressure (IOP) in transgenic mice with a targeted mutation in the gene for the alpha1 subunit of collagen type I...
- Haploinsufficient Bmp4 ocular phenotypes include anterior segment dysgenesis with elevated intraocular pressureB Chang
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
BMC Genet 2:18. 2001..Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) participate in various developmental processes. We tested the importance of Bmp4 gene dosage for ocular development and developmental glaucoma...
- Twelve-month, randomized, controlled trial of bimatoprost 0.01%, 0.0125%, and 0.03% in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionL Jay Katz
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:661-671.e1. 2010..To evaluate the intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering efficacy and safety of ophthalmic formulations of bimatoprost 0.01% and 0.0125% compared with bimatoprost 0.03%...
- An in vivo confocal microscopy analysis of effects of topical antiglaucoma therapy with preservative on corneal innervation and morphologyGianluca Martone
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 147:725-735.e1. 2009..To evaluate the long-term effects of preservative-free and preservative-containing antiglaucoma eye drops on the tear secretion and ocular surface...
- A network meta-analysis combined direct and indirect comparisons between glaucoma drugs to rank effectiveness in lowering intraocular pressureRikkert van der Valk
Department of Ophthalmology, Maastricht University Hospital, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 62:1279-83. 2009..The purpose of this study was to show a new statistical technique (network meta-analysis) to address this problem and to rank glaucoma drugs according to their intraocular pressure (IOP)-reducing effect...
- Risk factors for glaucoma onset and progressionAnne L Coleman
Frances and Ray Stark Professor of Ophthalmology and Epidemiology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 53:S3-10. 2008..with healthy eyes, predictive determinants for the development of open-angle glaucoma in subjects with ocular hypertension, and prognostic factors for the progression of open-angle glaucoma in individuals who already have the ..
- Preliminary survey of educational support for patients prescribed ocular hypotensive therapyT A Gray
School of Biomedicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Eye (Lond) 24:1777-86. 2010..to establish the impact of educational support on patients' knowledge of glaucoma and adherence, in preparation for an intervention study...
- Central corneal thickness in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)J D Brandt
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California-Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1779-88. 2001..We examined the central corneal thickness of subjects in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) and determined if central corneal thickness is related to race...
- Glycyrrhizin could reduce ocular hypertension induced by triamcinolone acetonide in rabbitsZhengyu Song
Shanghai First People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, P R China
Mol Vis 17:2056-64. 2011To evaluate the hypotensive effects of glycyrrhizin (GL) on a rabbit model of ocular hypertension (OH) induced by triamcinolone acetonide (TA).
- Herpes zoster keratouveitis and inflammatory ocular hypertension 8 years after varicella vaccinationPhoebe Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 17:33-5. 2009..Herpes zoster ophthalmicus is very rare in the pediatric population after varicella vaccination but can cause severe inflammatory glaucoma that requires aggressive therapy...
- Retinal synthesis and deposition of complement components induced by ocular hypertensionMarkus H Kuehn
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:620-8. 2006..if components of the complement cascade are synthesized in the retina following the development of ocular hypertension (OHT) and if complement accumulates in association with retinal ganglion cells...
- Efficacy and safety of preservative-free latanoprost eyedrops, compared with BAK-preserved latanoprost in patients with ocular hypertension or glaucomaJean Francois Rouland
Service Ophtalmologie, CHRU de Lille, Place de Verdun, Lille 59000, France
Br J Ophthalmol 97:196-200. 2013..intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction) and safety of preservative-free latanoprost (T2345) to benzalkonium chloride (BAK)-preserved latanoprost (BPL; Xalatan) in ocular hypertension (OHT) or primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) patients.
- Melanopsin-expressing retinal ganglion cells are more injury-resistant in a chronic ocular hypertension modelRachel S Li
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:2951-8. 2006To investigate the survival of melanopsin-expressing retinal ganglion cells (mRGCs) after the induction of chronic ocular hypertension.
- Axonal/glial upregulation of EphB/ephrin-B signaling in mouse experimental ocular hypertensionChristine T Fu
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:991-1001. 2010To use a laser-induced ocular hypertension (LIOH) mouse model to examine the optic nerve head (ONH) expression of EphB/ephrin-B, previously shown to be upregulated in glaucomatous DBA/2J mice...
- Changes in central corneal thickness over time: the ocular hypertension treatment studyJames D Brandt
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, University of California, Sacramento, California, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1550-6, 1556.e1. 2008..8 years apart in participants in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) and to identify clinical and demographic factors that are associated with changes in ..
- Predictive factors for open-angle glaucoma among patients with ocular hypertension in the European Glaucoma Prevention StudyStefano Miglior
Universita di Milano Bicocca, Policlinico di Monza, Via Amati 111, 20052, Monza, MI, Italy
Ophthalmology 114:3-9. 2007To evaluate the predictive factors of open-angle glaucoma (OAG) in patients affected by ocular hypertension enrolled in the European Glaucoma Prevention Study (EGPS).
- Baseline topographic optic disc measurements are associated with the development of primary open-angle glaucoma: the Confocal Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscopy Ancillary Study to the Ocular Hypertension Treatment StudyLinda M Zangwill
Hamilton Glaucoma Center and Diagnostic Imaging Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1188-97. 2005To determine whether baseline confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (CSLO) optic disc topographic measurements are associated with the development of primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in individuals with ocular hypertension.
- Phase 3 randomized 3-month trial with an ongoing 3-month safety extension of fixed-combination brinzolamide 1%/brimonidine 0.2%Quang H Nguyen
Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 29:290-7. 2013..2% (BBFC) with that of its component medications, brinzolamide and brimonidine, in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Up-regulation of crystallins is involved in the neuroprotective effect of wolfberry on survival of retinal ganglion cells in rat ocular hypertension modelKin Chiu
Laboratory of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Anatomy, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Cell Biochem 110:311-20. 2010..Among the significantly changed proteins induced by LBP feeding on ocular hypertension (OH) retinas, only proteins in crystallin family were focused in this study...
- Ocular surface tolerability of prostaglandin analogs and prostamides in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionAndrew C S Crichton
University of Calgary, 102, 49 Richard Way SW, Calgary, AB, Canada
Adv Ther 30:260-70. 2013..This study compared the ocular surface tolerability of once-daily bimatoprost 0.01% and latanoprost 0.005% (both preserved with 0.02% BAK), and travoprost 0.004% preserved with sofZia™...
- Effect of ageing on the retinal vascular responsiveness to flicker light in glaucoma patients and in ocular hypertensionKonstantin Gugleta
University Eye Clinic, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 97:848-51. 2013To evaluate the effect of ageing on the retinal vascular responsiveness to flicker light in glaucoma and ocular hypertension (OHT).
- Laser-induced mouse model of chronic ocular hypertensionSinisa D Grozdanic
College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4337-46. 2003..To develop an inducible mouse model of glaucoma...
- Bimatoprost 0.03% preservative-free ophthalmic solution versus bimatoprost 0.03% ophthalmic solution (Lumigan) for glaucoma or ocular hypertension: a 12-week, randomised, double-masked trialDouglas G Day
Coastal Research Associates, Roswell, Georgia 30076, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 97:989-93. 2013To evaluate efficacy and safety of bimatoprost 0.03% preservative-free (PF) ophthalmic solution versus bimatoprost 0.03% (Lumigan) ophthalmic solution for glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Color Doppler imaging in ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucomaCengiz Akarsu
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kirikkale, Kirikkale, 71100, Turkey
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:125-9. 2004To quantify the retrobulbar hemodynamics of patients with ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma and to compare it with that of normal subjects.
- Psychophysical investigation of ganglion cell loss in early glaucomaPaul G D Spry
Discoveries in Sight, Devers Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Glaucoma 14:11-9. 2005..To evaluate ganglion cell loss in early glaucoma using a variety of psychophysical tests and to identify optimal perimetric technique(s) for detection of early glaucomatous visual function loss...
- Retinal neurovascular coupling in patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension and its association with the level of glaucomatous damageK Gugleta
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Basel, University Basel, Mittlerestrasse 91, CH 4031, Basel, Switzerland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 251:1577-85. 2013To analyze neurovascular coupling in the retina of untreated primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and ocular hypertension (OHT) patients.
- The microbead occlusion model: a paradigm for induced ocular hypertension in rats and miceRebecca M Sappington
Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0654, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:207-16. 2010..Here the authors describe a novel and relatively simple method for inducing a highly consistent, modest, and repeatable elevation in IOP for rats and mice...
- Choroidal blood flow response to isometric exercise in glaucoma patients and patients with ocular hypertensionNatalie Portmann
Ophthalmology Department, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:7068-73. 2011To analyze submacular choroidal blood flow (ChBF) response to isometric exercise in untreated patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
- Synaptic degeneration of retinal ganglion cells in a rat ocular hypertension glaucoma modelQing Ling Fu
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:575-81. 2009..Little is known of the synaptic degeneration involved in the pathophysiology of glaucoma. Here we used an experimental ocular hypertension model in rats to investigate this issue.
- Electrophysiological evidence of early functional damage in glaucoma and ocular hypertensionRachel V North
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Wales, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1216-22. 2010The quantification of early retinal ganglion cell damage in ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
- Reduced endothelial progenitor cells and brachial artery flow-mediated dilation as evidence of endothelial dysfunction in ocular hypertension and primary open-angle glaucomaGian Paolo Fadini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy
Acta Ophthalmol 88:135-41. 2010This study aimed to assess vascular endothelial function in patients with ocular hypertension (OHT) or primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) by measuring: (a) endothelium-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation (FMD) of the brachial artery, ..
- Ocular response analyser to assess hysteresis and corneal resistance factor in low tension, open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionSunil Shah
Heart of England Foundation Trust, Solihull, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:508-13. 2008The aim of this study is to compare the hysteresis and corneal resistance factor (CRF) in normal tension glaucoma (NTG), primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and ocular hypertension (OHT) eyes measured by the ocular response analyser (ORA).
- Ocular surface disease in patients with ocular hypertension and glaucomaWilliam C Stewart
PRN Pharmaceutical Research Network, LLC, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:391-8. 2011To review the prevalence, diagnosis, causes, and treatment of ocular surface disease (OSD) in patients with ocular hypertension or primary open-angle glaucoma.
- Mixed treatment comparison and meta-regression of the efficacy and safety of prostaglandin analogues and comparators for primary open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionM Orme
Abacus International, Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 26:511-28. 2010..This analysis aims to address methodological issues associated with the synthesis of glaucoma clinical trial data, given variations in study methodology and IOP measurement...
- Excimer laser trabeculotomy: a new, minimally invasive procedure for patients with glaucomaSonja Wilmsmeyer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Freiburg, Killianstrasse 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:670-6. 2006..ab interno is a new surgical technique to reduce intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Our purpose was to examine IOP reduction and the use of antiglaucoma drugs (AGD) in patients treated with ..
- Inducible nitric oxide synthase-mediated alteration of mitochondrial OPA1 expression in ocular hypertensive ratsYi Dai
The Sophie and Arthur Brody Optic Nerve Laboratory, Hamilton Glaucoma Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2468-76. 2011....
- A Prospective, randomized, investigator-masked evaluation of the monocular trial in ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucomaTony D Realini
West Virginia University Eye Institute, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Ophthalmology 116:1237-42. 2009..To evaluate the clinical value of the monocular therapeutic drug trial in predicting long-term intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction...
- A comparison of the intervisit intraocular pressure fluctuation after 180 and 360 degrees of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT) as a primary therapy in primary open angle glaucoma and ocular hypertensionNavin Prasad
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, USA
J Glaucoma 18:157-60. 2009....
- Secondary ocular hypertension after intravitreal injection with 2 mg or 4 mg of triamcinolone in retinal vein occlusionLan Hsin Chuang
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:325-8. 2010To evaluate secondary ocular hypertension after intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) with 2 mg/0.05 mL or 4 mg/0.1 mL for macular edema associated with retinal vein occlusion (RVO).
- Complex autoantibody repertoires in patients with glaucomaFranz H Grus
Universitaets Augenklinik, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Mol Vis 10:132-7. 2004..Autoimmune mechanisms maybe involvemed in the pathogenesis of the disease. The aim of our study was to analyze the IgG autoantibody repertoires in sera of glaucomatous subjects against optic nerve antigens...
- The utility of the monocular trial: data from the ocular hypertension treatment studyAnjali M Bhorade
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Ophthalmology 117:2047-54. 2010..To determine whether adjusting the intraocular pressure (IOP) change of the trial eye for the IOP change of the fellow eye (i.e., monocular trial) is a better assessment of medication response than testing each eye independently...
- Influence of corneal structure, corneal responsiveness, and other ocular parameters on tonometric measurement of intraocular pressureAimee Teo Broman
Dana Center for Preventive Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Glaucoma 16:581-8. 2007....
- Morphometric evaluation of changes with time in optic disc structure and thickness of retinal nerve fibre layer in chronic ocular hypertensive monkeysMasamitsu Shimazawa
Glaucoma Group, Research and Development Center, Santen Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Nara, Japan
Exp Eye Res 82:427-40. 2006..HRT (rim and cup) parameters showed good correlations with histological RNFL thickness, and significant interrelations...
- Intraocular pressure lowering, change of antiapoptotic molecule expression, and neuroretinal changes by dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% combination in a chronic ocular hypertension rat modelHae Y Park
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:563-71. 2008..5% combination in a chronic ocular hypertension rat model. Chronic ocular hypertension was induced by three episcleral vein cauterizations...
- Proteomic analysis of rat retina in a steroid-induced ocular hypertension model: potential vulnerability to oxidative stressNariko Miyara
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 52:84-90. 2008..To investigate global protein expression profiles in the retinas of normal and glucocorticoid-induced ocular hypertensive rats by proteomic analysis...
- Efficacy and mechanisms of intraocular pressure reduction with latanoprost and timolol in participants with ocular hypertension: a comparison of 1 and 6 weeks of treatmentThomas V Johnson
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5840, USA
J Glaucoma 19:356-64. 2010..To investigate whether the intraocular pressure (IOP) reduction and mechanism of action of timolol and latanoprost change between 1 and 6 weeks of treatment...
- First-line latanoprost therapy in ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma patients: a 3-month efficacy analysis stratified by initial intraocular pressurePhilippe Denis
Ophthalmology Department, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5, Place d Arsonval, 690437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
BMC Ophthalmol 10:4. 2010..This study prospectively assessed the efficacy of latanoprost monotherapy in a large cohort of treatment-naive patients with a broad range of baseline intraocular pressure (IOP) levels treated in actual clinical practice settings...
- Dorzolamide-timolol combination and retinal vessel oxygen saturation in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionS Traustason
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Br J Ophthalmol 93:1064-7. 2009..To examine whether the addition of dorzolamide to timolol monotherapy influences oxygen saturation in the human retina...
- A randomized, crossover, open label pilot study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Xalatan in comparison with generic Latanoprost (Latoprost) in subjects with primary open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionArun Narayanaswamy
Medical Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:127-31. 2007To compare the efficacy and tolerability of Xalatan with generic latanoprost (Latoprost) in subjects with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) or ocular hypertension (OH).
- Diurnal IOP fluctuation: not an independent risk factor for glaucomatous visual field loss in high-risk ocular hypertensionBoel Bengtsson
Department of Ophthalmology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:513-8. 2005To establish whether intraocular pressure (IOP) fluctuations contribute to the risk of developing glaucoma in patients with high-risk ocular hypertension.
- A spatial frequency-doubling illusion-based pattern electroretinogram for glaucomaT Maddess
Centre for Visual Sciences, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3818-26. 2000..This multiregion FD PERG is referred to in the current study as the MFP...
- Ocular pulse amplitude in patients with open angle glaucoma, normal tension glaucoma, and ocular hypertensionO Schwenn
Augenklinik der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 86:981-4. 2002..to evaluate OPA in patients with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and high IOP, normal tension glaucoma (NTG), and ocular hypertension (OHT). Furthermore, the authors examined whether there were any correlations with blood pressure.
- Five-year risk of progression of ocular hypertension to primary open angle glaucoma. A population-based studyRavi Thomas
L V Prasad Eye Institute, Vellore, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 51:329-33. 2003To report the progression of ocular hypertension (OHT) to primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) during a 5-year follow up of a population-based sample.
- Prostaglandin analog treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertensionChristy L Alexander
School of Pharmacy and Pharmacal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:504-11. 2002To review available data related to the use of prostaglandin analogs (bimatoprost, latanoprost, travoprost, unoprostone) in the management of ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma.
- Comparison of the corneal effects of latanoprost, fixed combination latanoprost-timolol, and timolol: A double-masked, randomized, one-year studyJ H Lass
Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ophthalmology 108:264-71. 2001..PARTICIPANTS: Three hundred sixty-nine subjects with bilateral ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma who had a baseline central corneal endothelial cell density of at least 1500 cells/..
- Ocular surface tolerability of prostaglandin analogs in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertensionJess T Whitson
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8866, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:287-92. 2010..005% preserved with 0.02% benzalkonium chloride (BAK), bimatoprost 0.03% preserved with 0.005% BAK, and travoprost 0.004% preserved with the proprietary preservative system sofZia in patients previously treated with latanoprost...
- Fluorescein filling defects of the optic nerve head in normal tension glaucoma, primary open-angle glaucoma, ocular hypertension and healthy controlsNiklas Plange
Augenklinik des Universitätsklinikum Aachen, Germany
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 26:26-32. 2006To evaluate fluorescein filling defects of the optic nerve head in normal tension glaucoma (NTG), primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG), ocular hypertension (OHT) and controls.
- The safety and efficacy of brinzolamide 1%/timolol 0.5% fixed combination versus dorzolamide 2%/timolol 0.5% in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionGianluca Manni
University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Bietti Foundation IRCSS, Rome, Italy
J Glaucoma 18:293-300. 2009..5% solution (Dorz/Tim), in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension who required a change in therapy due to elevated IOP while receiving IOP-lowering medication.
- Treatment of sheep steroid-induced ocular hypertension with a glucocorticoid-inducible MMP1 gene therapy virusRosana Gerometta
Departamento de Oftalmologia, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3042-8. 2010..To investigate whether intracameral injection of the adenovirus vector AdhGRE.MMP1 would reduce or prevent elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) induced by corticosteroids in living animals...
- Meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing latanoprost with timolol in the treatment of patients with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertensionW Y Zhang
Centre for Evidence Based Pharmacotherapy, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 85:983-90. 2001..To evaluate the comparative efficacy and tolerance of latanoprost versus timolol through a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials (RCTs)...
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..eye to reduce the progression of damage and visual loss in an inducible rodent model of glaucoma (chronic ocular hypertension)...
- Novel Mitochondrial Targeted Neuroprotectants for GlaucomaLeonard Levin; Fiscal Year: 2009..including axotomy- induced RGC death in culture, RGC death induced by optic nerve crush in vivo, and ocular hypertension-induced RGC death...
- Opioidergic System: Its Role(s) in GlaucomaShahid Husain; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Morphine inhibits production of tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF-a) and MMP-2 from both the ocular hypertension and acute ischemia rat models...
- Intraocular pressure regulation via ATP-sensitive potassium channelsMichael F Romero; Fiscal Year: 2013..We recently identified a key cellular effector of IOP that may lead to new pharmacologic treatment for ocular hypertension and glaucoma...
- Interleukin-6 and Retinal Ganglion Cell Degeneration in GlaucomaRebecca M Sappington; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will utilize the DBA/2 mouse, a chronic model of ocular hypertension, and an acute model we have developed that uses microbeads to occlude aqueous flow and elevate IOP...
- The Role of Complement System in GlaucomaMarkus H Kuehn; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using a rodent model of ocular hypertension, cell culture, human eye donor tissue, and DNA from glaucoma patients we propose to 1) functionally test ..
- Compartmentalized neurodegeneration of retinal ganglion cells in glaucomaYvonne Ou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using a laser-induced ocular hypertension mouse model, the first aim will determine RGC synapse density in both the retina and dorsal lateral ..
- Role of ER Stress in the Pathogenesis of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaGULAB ZODE; Fiscal Year: 2013..of ER stress in the TM is associated with elevation of IOP in a mouse model of dexamethasone-induced ocular hypertension. In addition, we will examine the role of autophagy in degradation of myocilin aggregates and will ..
- Glaucoma and Visual FunctionANJALI MARUTI BHORADE; Fiscal Year: 2010..involved in operational and analysis meetings for randomized multi-center clinical trials including the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study...
- EVALUATION OF THE FREQUENCY OF VISUAL FIELD TESTING IN OCULAR HYPERTENSIVESSteven M Kymes; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current standard of practice for people with ocular hypertension or other early evidence of glaucoma calls for examinations every 6- 24 months...
- MicroRNA-directed modulation of intraocular pressureBenjamin R tenOever; Fiscal Year: 2013..Taken together, results obtained from these investigations will establish feasibility of miRNA therapy for ocular hypertension in glaucoma, optimize delivery of miRNAs to conventional outflow tissues, identify new genes regulated by ..
- Trabecular Meshwork Cytoskeletal Signaling-Regulation of Aqueous Humor OutflowP Vasantha Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..and promising preliminary observations derived from this model, we propose a novel hypothesis that ocular hypertension induced by aberrant Rho/Rho kinase signaling activity in the trabecular outflow pathway is mechanistically ..
- Aqueous Humor Dynamic Components that Determine Intraocular Pressure VarianceSayoko E Moroi; Fiscal Year: 2013..to build upon these extensive physiology data from controls to the next phase by studying patients with ocular hypertension and early stages of open-angle glaucoma...
- IRIS: Incorporating Research Into SightCatherine Anne McCarty; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 a. Develop and validate electronic algorithms for ocular hypertension/glaucoma, intraocular pressure (lOP) response to lOP lowering medications, AMD, response to AMD treatment, ..
- Genetics of Quantitative Traits Associated with GlaucomaJohn H Fingert; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) is a large treatment trial designed to show the efficacy of treating patients with ..
- Early Detection of Glaucoma Using Raman SpectroscopyTatjana Lazic; Fiscal Year: 2012..be used for discrimination of molecular changes in human retinal sections from patients with glaucoma and ocular hypertension, when compared to Raman spectroscopic properties from healthy donor tissues...
- Molecular mechanisms in steroid-induced glaucoma.John Danias; Fiscal Year: 2012Glucocorticosteroids are known to cause intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation in humans. This induced ocular hypertension can lead to glaucomatous visual loss...
- Glucocorticoids, ocular hypertension, and glaucomaThomas Yorio; Fiscal Year: 2013..Almost all POAG patients are steroid responders. GC-induced ocular hypertension and glaucoma is clinically similar to POAG, and GC effects on the trabecular meshwork (TM), the tissue ..
- Trigeminal-autonomic relations in ocular homeostasisDavid A Bereiter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Disruption of trigeminal-PaNS relations may contribute to symptoms in diverse conditions as dry eye disease, glaucoma and ocular hypertension that can lead to loss of visual acuity and cause discomfort.
- Genetic Epidemiology of Refractive ErrorDWIGHT EDWARD STAMBOLIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..5% of eyes without myopia. Individuals with hyperopia are 40% more likely to develop ocular hypertension than those who are emmetropic...
- Mexican American Glaucoma Genetic Study (MAGGS)Xiaoyi Gao; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have finished a complete ophthalmologic examination for glaucoma and ocular hypertension and obtained DNA on 5,338 participants in the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study (LALES)...
- The Mechanical Basis of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaMark Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Accordingly, we hypothesize that the ocular hypertension characteristic of POAG results from an intro, including magnetic twisting cytometry (MTC), atomic force ..
- A Fluorescence-based Optomechanical Sensor for Intraocular Pressure MonitoringNIKOLAOS CHRONIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pressure (IOP) monitoring is an essential diagnostic tool for the efficient treatment of glaucoma and other ocular hypertension-related diseases...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Sigma Receptor 1-Mediated NeuroprotectionKathryn Bollinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Test the hypothesis that [unreadable]R1 activation alters glial and neuronal responses to ocular hypertension and that [unreadable]R1 ligand will suppress glial activation and protect against RGC death in an in vivo ..
- Novel emulsion-based formulation of the anti-glaucoma MSH-1001 for improved topicRonald A Wassel; Fiscal Year: 2011..Innovation project aims to develop an innovative eye drop formulation for the treatment of glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Charlesson has acquired from Danube Pharmaceuticals MSH-1001, a new small molecule compound (previously ..
- Genetically testing mechanisms of ocular development and diseaseDouglas Gould; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, a COL4A1 mutation was identified in a family with ASD, ocular hypertension and juvenile glaucoma, however, COL4A1, has not widely been considered a candidate gene for ASD...
- eNOS-Dependent Mechanoregulation of Intraocular PressureW Daniel Stamer; Fiscal Year: 2013..While the etiology of ocular hypertension in glaucoma is known to involve the conventional drainage pathway, the cellular mechanisms responsible for ..
- Identification of genes responsible for glucocorticoid-induced glaucomaWeiming Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013PROJECT SUMMARY/ABSTRACT Glucocorticoid (GC)-induced ocular hypertension (OHT) and glaucoma (GIG) occurs in 30-40% of the general population. The susceptible people are called GC-responders while the others are called non-responders...
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)MICHAEL KASS; Fiscal Year: 2009..high risk ocular hypertensive patients, it is important to determine when treatment should be initiated in ocular hypertension. The primary specific aim of OHTS II is to determine if there is a penalty for delaying treatment in ocular ..
- FACTORS PREDICTIVE OF RAPID VISUAL FIELD LOSS IN EARLY GLAUCOMAMae O Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use the cohort of 279 participants (362 eyes) who developed POAG in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study...
- Measuring and predicting visual field progression with longitudinal-survival CARTRichard A Levine; Fiscal Year: 2010..The PPIG study consists of 168 individuals with moderate to high risk ocular hypertension or early glaucoma followed for up to eleven years with annual visual field examinations...
- Telemetric Implantable Intraocular Pressure Sensor SysteLAWRENCE WAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..are the 1) Normal Tension Glaucoma Study, the 2) Advanced Glaucoma Intervention Study, part 7, and 3) The Ocular Hypertension Treatments Study...
- Advanced Imaging for Glaucoma Study Optic Disc Reading CenterRichard K Parrish; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. David Huang, Project Chairman, asked Dr. Richard Parrish, former director of the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study and Collaborative Initial Glaucoma Treatment Study Optic Disc Reading Centers to establish ..
- Short-Term Estimation of Long-Term Intraocular Pressure Reduction in GlaucomaANTHONY D REALINI; Fiscal Year: 2012..To accomplish these aims, we will enroll subjects with glaucoma or ocular hypertension in a clinical trial in which each subject's response to topical medical lOP-lowering therapy will be ..
- FOLLOW-UP INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE AND THE RISK OF DEVELOPING PRIMARY OPEN-ANGLE GLAUMae O Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2010..As many as 10 million Americans over the age of 40 years are at risk for developing glaucoma because of ocular hypertension, but only 2...
- OHTS and EGPS: Glaucoma detection using Confocal Scanning Laser OphthalmologyLinda Zangwill; Fiscal Year: 2009..study is to pool confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (CSLO) data from two large randomized trials, the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) and the European Glaucoma Prevention Study (EGPS), to improve our ability to predict ..
- SHORT WAVELENGTH AUTOMATED PERIMETRY IN THE OHTS TRIALChris Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) is a long-term randomized multicenter clinical trial that began in 1994 to determine whether medical reduction of intraocular pressure prevents or delays the onset of glaucomatous optic ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)JOERN SOLTAU; Fiscal Year: 2007This is an application to become a participating Clinical Center int he Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS). The complete details of the OHTS rationale, design, and methods are contained in the OHTS Manual of Procedures...
- Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study: Coordinating CenterMAE GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2009..specific aim of the OHTS II cohort study is to determine if there is a penalty for delaying treatment in ocular hypertension. The primary specific aim will be tested by comparing the long-term cumulative incidence of POAG and ..
- Retinal Physiology in Experimental GlaucomaCHRISTOPHER PASSAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2009..cells in normal rats and 2) the spatiotemporal response properties of ganglion cells in rats with chronic ocular hypertension. One possible outcome of the research is that glaucoma has no ill effects on ganglion cell physiology...
- A Real Time Monitoring System for IOP in GlaucomaDOUG JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) has recently identified elevated lOP as an important predictor for the onset of ..
- MARIJUANA AND GLAUCOMAWalter Jay; Fiscal Year: 1980..and its ocular effects in subjects with normal intraocular pressure and not in individuals with ocular hypertension or glaucoma...
- Ultra-Sonic Non-Contact Tonometer in Glaucoma-IOP ChecksPeter Gross; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal here is to achieve a similar level of care in the diagnosis and treatment of ocular hypertension as it relates to glaucoma, one of the major causes of blindness and visual disability in the United States ..
- QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF OPTIC DISC/OCULAR HYPERTENSIONRobert Weinreb; Fiscal Year: 2009..five years of funding for the confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (CSLO) ancillary study to the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)...
- Non-Contact Ophthalmic Optical PachymeterWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..The recently published NEI-sponsored Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS) found that corneal thickness is just as important as intraocular pressure as a risk ..
- PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF OCULAR HYPERTENSIVE SUBJECTSERIK LINNER; Fiscal Year: 1980b>Ocular hypertension (OH) is defined as a condition where the intraocular pressure is elevated above normal range but where there is no evidence of glaucomatous damage to the optic disc or to the visual field and where the chamber angle ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Douglas Gaasterland; Fiscal Year: 2007This is an application for support for our organization to become a participating Clinical Center in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)...
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Eydie Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..Investigator's Abstract) "This is an application to become a participating Clinical Center in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)...
- TEMPORAL VISUOGRAM AS A DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUE IN GLAUCOMAChristopher Tyler; Fiscal Year: 1990A test has been developed to measure temporal sensitivity losses in glaucoma and ocular hypertension. This test shows significant deficits at high temporal frequencies in 95% of eyes with elevated intraocular pressure, in patients ..
- ABNORMAL RETINAL POTENTIAL--GLAUCOMA OCULAR HYPERTENSIONGary Trick; Fiscal Year: 1990..Additionally, we have noted that patients with ocular hypertension (OHT) and elderly visual normals (70-79 years of age) may exhibit PRRP amplitude reductions for high ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYRohit Varma; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GLAUCOMA SURGICAL OUTCOMES STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of the study may allow physicians to reduce the morbidity of glaucoma surgery by altering their indications for surgery, surgical technique, and postoperative follow-up. ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- EARLY DETECTION OF GLAUCOMA DAMAGEHenry Jampel; Fiscal Year: 2004..This assessment of the RTA and NFA will help to establish their utility as outcome measures for clinical management of glaucoma, epidemiological research, and clinical trials. ..
- PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLAUCOMA AMONG THE VERY ELDERLYDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the interactions between comorbidities (including cognitive deficits) and visual field loss will be explored. ..
- Diagnostic Innovations in Glaucoma: Clinical ElectrophysiologyChristopher Bowd; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings will be important to the clinical community for determining future evidence-based changes in standard of care for glaucoma diagnosis and monitoring. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOGENESIS OF GLAUCOMATOUS OPTIC NERVE DAMAGEHarry Quigley; Fiscal Year: 2008..Candidate molecules for genetic susceptibility to glaucoma are likely to be identified. ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)James Brandt; Fiscal Year: 2008..of Ophthalmology at the University of California, Davis to become a participating Clinical Center in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)...
- Eicosanoids and the Outflow Pathways of the EyeRobert Weinreb; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these studies have important implications for the discovery of new treatments for glaucoma and other vision-threatening eye diseases. ..
- REGULATION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE AND OCULAR BLOOD FLOWJohn Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..New knowledge of ocular blood flow and lOP in patients would have implications for the better diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma. ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Robert Weinreb; Fiscal Year: 2008..Investigator's Abstract) "This is an application to become a participating Clinical Center in the Ocular Hypertension Treatment Study (OHTS)...
- SELENIUM-INDUCED GLAUCOMAW Stamer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping RGC susceptibility alleles Robert Nickells; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..