Genomes and Genes
Summary: Bleeding from the vessels of the retina.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Complete resorption of retinal hemorrhages in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraC H Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Ophthalmol 17:128-9. 2007..Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) is characterized by refractory thrombocytopenia, production of autoantibodies, and persistent predisposition to bleeding affecting virtually all mucocutaneous tissues and various organs...
- Retinal arterial macroaneurysm causing multilevel retinal hemorrhageElizabeth Kester
William Chappell VA Outpatient Clinic, 551 National Healthcare Dr, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA
Optometry 80:425-30. 2009..arterial macroaneurysms are focal dilatations of the retinal arteries that present with varying degrees of retinal hemorrhage or exudation...
- Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin for symptomatic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy: one-year results of a prospective case seriesWai Man Chan
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Kowloon, People s Republic of China
Ophthalmology 111:1576-84. 2004..To determine the efficacy of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin as a treatment for symptomatic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV)...
- Long-term results of Nd:YAG laser treatment for premacular subhyaloid haemorrhage owing to Valsalva retinopathyA H Durukan
Department of Ophthalmology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Eye (Lond) 22:214-8. 2008..Nd:YAG laser enables rapid diffusion of premacular subhyaloid haemorrhage. This study was performed to assess the long-term results and safety of Nd:YAG laser treatment in cases with Valsalva retinopathy...
- Epiretinal membrane formation with internal limiting membrane wrinkling after Nd:YAG laser membranotomy in valsalva retinopathyAlvin K H Kwok
Department of Ophthalmology, The Hong Kong Sanatorium and Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Ophthalmol 136:763-6. 2003..To report the location of premacular hemorrhage in Valsalva retinopathy and epiretinal membrane formation with internal limiting membrane (ILM) wrinkling after neodymium;yttrium-aluminum-garnet (Nd:YAG) laser membranotomy...
- Spectral-domain OCT evaluation of Nd:YAG laser treatment for Valsalva retinopathyPierfilippo Sabella
Eye Clinic, Department of Clinical Science Luigi Sacco, Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via Andrea Verga 8, 20144, Milan, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:599-601. 2010..To describe the spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) findings in a patient with a premacular hemorrhage due to Valsalva retinopathy treated with Nd:YAG laser...
- Pneumatic displacement and intravitreal bevacizumab: a new approach for management of submacular hemorrhage in choroidal neovascular membraneShobhit Chawla
Vitreo Retinal Services, Lucknow, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:155-7. 2009..05 ml, along with 0.5 ml of SF6 was injected through the pars plana into the vitreous cavity. Postoperative best corrected visual acuity improved in all eyes with complete or partial displacement of SMH out of the foveal area...
- Retinal hemorrhage in abusive head traumaAlex V Levin
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Ocular Genetics, Wills Eye Institute, Suite 1210, 840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Pediatrics 126:961-70. 2010b>Retinal hemorrhage is a cardinal manifestation of abusive head trauma...
- Long-term outcome of subretinal coapplication of rtPA and bevacizumab followed by repeated intravitreal anti-VEGF injections for neovascular AMD with submacular haemorrhageFelix Treumer
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Arnold Heller Str 3, Haus 25, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 96:708-13. 2012....
- Intravitreal gas for submacular haemorrhageGopalakrishnan Mahesh
Giridhar Eye Institute, Kerala, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 51:349-50. 2003..We report a case of submacular haemorrhage causing profound visual loss, which resolved after intravitreal injection of perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas followed by strict prone positioning...
- Submacular combination treatment for management of acute, massive submacular hemorrhage in age-related macular degenerationSumit P Shah
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology University of California, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 40:308-15. 2009....
- Hand-held spectral domain optical coherence tomography finding in shaken-baby syndromeRajeev H Muni
The Vision Center, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027 0980, USA
Retina 30:S45-50. 2010..The nonaccidental trauma in SBS has been associated with retinal findings, including hemorrhages in all layers of the retina and retinoschisis...
- Splat feature classification with application to retinal hemorrhage detection in fundus imagesLi Tang
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 32:364-75. 2013A novel splat feature classification method is presented with application to retinal hemorrhage detection in fundus images...
- Ranibizumab monotherapy for sub-foveal haemorrhage secondary to choroidal neovascularisation in age-related macular degenerationM McKibbin
Department of Ophthalmology, Eye Clinic, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Eye (Lond) 24:994-8. 2010..In a retrospective review, the functional effects of intra-vitreal ranibizumab monotherapy in patients with sub-foveal haemorrhage secondary to choroidal neovascularisation (CNV) in age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) are reported...
- tPA and gas in submacular hemorrhageHilel Lewis
Ophthalmology 109:824; author reply 825. 2002
- MR imaging findings of retinal hemorrhage in a case of nonaccidental traumaDeniz Altinok
Department of Pediatric Imaging, Children s Hospital of Michigan, 3901 Beaubien Blvd, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
Pediatr Radiol 39:290-2. 2009b>Retinal hemorrhage is a well-recognized manifestation of child abuse found in many babies with shaken baby syndrome...
- Retinal hemorrhage asymmetry in inflicted head injury: a clue to pathogenesis?Elizabeth E Gilles
Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, Division of Pediatric Neurology, MMC 486, 420 Delaware Street SE, University of Minnesota, MN 55455, USA
J Pediatr 143:494-9. 2003..To determine whether regional cerebral parenchymal injury patterns correlate with the distribution of retinal hemorrhages after inflicted head injury...
- Results of vitrectomy for breakthrough vitreous hemorrhage associated with age-related macular degeneration and polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyJae Ho Jung
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
Retina 30:865-73. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the results of vitrectomy in patients with vitreous hemorrhage associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV)...
- Persistent premacular cavity after membranotomy in valsalva retinopathy evident by optical coherence tomographyCarsten H Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Retina 26:116-8. 2006
- Pneumatic displacement of subretinal hemorrhage without tissue plasminogen activatorM Ohji
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 116:1326-32. 1998..To assess the efficacy and complications of intravitreal injection of perfluoropropane gas for displacement of subretinal hemorrhage (SRH), without the use of tissue plasminogen activator...
- Retinal hemorrhage associated with perinatal distress in newbornsYoun Joo Choi
Department of Ophthalmology, Soonchunhyang University Hospital, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 25:311-6. 2011..To describe the ophthalmoscopic features and natural history in a case series of eyes that developed intraocular hemorrhages associated with perinatal distress and to evaluate their clinical courses...
- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyAntonio P Ciardella
The LuEsther T Mertz Retinal Research Center, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 49:25-37. 2004....
- Neuroprotective effect of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide against photoreceptor apoptosis in a rabbit model of subretinal hemorrhageRobert B Bhisitkul
Department of Ophthalmology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, University of California at San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4071-7. 2008..To study photoreceptor apoptosis and iron migration as mechanisms of retinotoxicity in a rabbit model of subretinal hemorrhage (SRH) and to assess intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) for anti-apoptotic and neuroprotective effects...
- Management of extensive subfoveal haemorrhage secondary to neovascular age-related macular degenerationS Sacu
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eye (Lond) 23:1404-10. 2009....
- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy: natural historyMasanobu Uyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 133:639-48. 2002..The present study was performed to clarify the long-term natural history of polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV)...
- Macular hemorrhage in neovascular age-related macular degeneration after stabilization with antiangiogenic therapyJonathan P Levine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Retina 29:1074-9. 2009....
- Ocular involvement in brucellosisGulten Karatas Sungur
1st Ophthalmology Department, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Can J Ophthalmol 44:598-601. 2009..To report the ocular findings associated with brucellosis...
- Valsalva retinopathy induced by labourA Ladjimi
Department of Ophthalmology, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:336-8. 2002..To describe a patient with Valsalva retinopathy induced by labour...
- Retinal hemorrhage in Plasmodium vivax malariaJi Hwan Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:219-22. 2010b>Retinal hemorrhage is a frequently observed sign in Plasmodium falciparum infection. In Plasmodium vivax infection, however, retinal hemorrhage is very rare; only five cases have been reported in the literature...
- Retinal hemorrhage after photodynamic therapy in patients with subfoveal choroidal neovascularization caused by age-related macular degenerationG P Theodossiadis
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 241:13-8. 2003..To report the frequency and the evolution of the extensive retinal hemorrhages that can appear within 48 h after the application of photodynamic therapy...
- Correlation between retinal abnormalities and intracranial abnormalities in the shaken baby syndromeHorace Gardner
Am J Ophthalmol 135:745; author reply 746. 2003
- Subfoveal hemorrhage after verteporfin photodynamic therapy in treatment of choroidal neovascularizationFaik Gelisken
Department of Ophthalmology I, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:198-203. 2005....
- Intravitreous injection of tissue plasminogen activator and gas in the treatment of submacular hemorrhage under various conditionsL O Hattenbach
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Ophthalmology 108:1485-92. 2001..A rapid displacement of submacular blood may reveal discrete choroidal neovascular membranes amenable to further treatment. The complication rate of this minimally invasive technique seems to be low...
- Diffuse unilateral hemorrhagic retinopathy associated with accidental perinatal strangulation. A clinicopathologic reportS Shaikh
Associated Retinal Consultants and William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Retina 21:252-5. 2001OBJECTIVE: To report an unusual case of diffuse retinal hemorrhage associated with strangulation in a neonate with a tightly wrapped nuchal cord around his neck at birth who was noted to have eyelid and subconjunctival petechial ..
- Surgical extraction of subfoveal choroidal new vessels and submacular haemorrhage in age-related macular degeneration: results of a prospective studyA Scheider
Universitatsaugenklinik, Munich, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 237:10-5. 1999..The surgical extraction of subfoveal choroidal new vessels (CNV) is one of several possibilities to treat subfoveal CNV or haemorrhages in age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)...
- A tourist with dengue fever and visual lossChristos Haritoglou
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336, Munich, Germany
Lancet 360:1070. 2002
- Incidence and rate of disappearance of retinal hemorrhage in newbornsM V Emerson
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Ophthalmology 108:36-9. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine the prevalance, associated biometric factors, and rate of disappearance of neonatal retinal hemorrhage. DESIGN: Cross-sectional and natural history study...
- Multiple retinal hemorrhage following anterior chamber paracentesis in uveitic glaucomaSang Joon Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Kosin University, Pusan, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 20:128-30. 2006We describe the occurrence of a massive retinal hemorrhage following anterior chamber paracentesis in uveitic glaucoma.
- Multiple retinal haemorrhages (decompression retinopathy) following paracentesis for macular branch artery occlusionR Gupta
Eye (Lond) 19:592-3. 2005
- Branch retinal vein occlusion in the right eye and retinal hemorrhage in the left in a patient with classical Tsutsugamushi diseaseY Nagaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:108-10. 2001..Fluorescein angiography demonstrated dye leakage and dilation of capillaries. CONCLUSIONS: Branch retinal vein occlusion associated with classical tsutsugamushi disease, as demonstrated in our patient, may be rare...
- Subconjunctival hemorrhage: the first presenting clinical feature of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraPunita Kumari Sodhi
Department of Ophthalmology, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India
Jpn J Ophthalmol 47:316-8. 2003..Subconjunctival hemorrhage as the first presenting clinical feature of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, to the best of our knowledge, has not been reported earlier...
- Photodynamic therapy with verteporfin for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy of the maculaSung Chul Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ophthalmologica 218:193-201. 2004..In the present study, the effect of PDT with verteporfin was examined in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) of the macula...
- Ocular lesions associated with malaria in children in MaliJean François Schémann
Institute of African Tropical Ophthalmology, Bamako, Mali
Am J Trop Med Hyg 67:61-3. 2002..Coma score and convulsions were significantly associated with death but not with ocular signs. The presence of retinal signs in a child in a malaria-endemic area may signal a case of severe malaria...
- Decompression retinopathy after trabeculectomySeung Youn Jea
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 19:128-31. 2005To present a case of a unilateral diffuse retinal hemorrhage in a 15-year-old girl, who underwent bilateral trabeculectomy for steroid induced glaucoma.
- Classifying and grading retinal signs in severe malariaS P Harding
St Paul s Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot Street, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Trop Doct 36:1-13. 2006
- [Ocular decompression retinopathy after trabeculectomy]M Cordido Carballido
Hospital Juan Canalejo, Servicio de Oftalmologia, Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, La Coruna, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 77:331-4. 2002..Two cases of ocular decompression retinopathy associated with glaucoma filtering surgery are described...
- Decompression retinopathy following laser peripheral iridoplasty for acute primary angle-closureJ S M Lai
Eye (Lond) 19:1345-7. 2005
- Purtscher's like retinopathy as the presenting feature of acute alcoholic pancreatitisH Devonport
Eye (Lond) 20:255-7. 2006
- Optical coherence tomography findings in ocular decompression retinopathyChristina M Bui
Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:333-5. 2006..Optical coherence tomography facilitated the prompt detection of treatable pathology, which resolved following appropriate medical therapy...
- Decompression retinopathy after Ahmed glaucoma valve implantation in a patient with congenital aniridia and pseudophakiaIlgaz Sagdic Yalvac
Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital, Alacam Sokak 12 5, Cankaya 06690, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1582-5. 2004..Despite the sudden visual acuity decrease postoperatively, decompression retinopathy is a benign condition and resolution of hemorrhages without sequelae is the natural course...
- A review of the spectrum of clinical ocular fundus findings in P. falciparum malaria in African children with a proposed classification and grading systemS Lewallen
British Columbia Centre for Epidemiologic and International Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 93:619-22. 1999..Photographs and descriptions of these are presented, along with a proposed grading scheme...
- Diffuse retinal hemorrhages (ocular decompression syndrome) after trabeculectomy with mitomycin C for neovascular glaucomaJ Danias
Department of Ophthalmology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:468-9. 2000..To describe a case of ocular decompression syndrome in a patient after trabeculectomy with mitomycin C for neovascular glaucoma...
- Correlation of retinal haemorrhages with brain haemorrhages in children dying of cerebral malaria in MalawiV A White
Departments of Pathology and Ophthalmology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 95:618-21. 2001..01 for both). Severity of haemorrhage in the retina correlates well with that in the brain. Retinal examination in cerebral malaria is a useful tool in predicting some of the pathophysiological processes occurring in the brain...
- Intravitreous injection of bevacizumab, tissue plasminogen activator, and gas in the treatment of submacular hemorrhage in age-related macular degenerationRainer Guthoff
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Retina 31:36-40. 2011....
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura with massive subretinal hemorrhagePulin A Shah
Department of Ophthalmology, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco 94115, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1612-3. 2005
- Vitrectomy for the treatment of submacular hemorrhages from macular degeneration: a comparison of submacular hemorrhage/membrane removal and submacular tissue plasminogen activator-assisted pneumatic displacementJohn T Thompson
Retina Specialists, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 103:98-107; discussion 107. 2005..To evaluate two techniques for treatment of large submacular hemorrhages resulting from choroidal neovascularization associated with age-related macular degeneration...
- Ocular decompression retinopathy following trabeculectomy with mitomycin C associated with familial amyloidotic polyneuropathyM Wakita
Br J Ophthalmol 90:515-6. 2006
- Retinal hemorrhages in 4 patients with dengue feverMaciej Piotr Chlebicki
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Emerg Infect Dis 11:770-2. 2005..Retinal hemorrhages may reflect the rising incidence of dengue in Singapore or may be caused by changes in the predominant serotype of the dengue virus...
- Incidence, distribution, and duration of birth-related retinal hemorrhages: a prospective studyLindsey A Hughes
Ophthalmic Sciences Unit, Academic Unit of Ophthalmology and Orthoptics, University of Sheffield, and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, UK
J AAPOS 10:102-6. 2006..This prospective study aimed to document the morphology, distribution and, most importantly, the natural history of these hemorrhages using digital imaging...
- Complications of glaucoma surgery. Ocular decompression retinopathyR D Fechtner
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Diego
Arch Ophthalmol 110:965-8. 1992..Intraocular pressure and visual results appeared unaffected by the hemorrhages. Retinal hemorrhages associated with ocular decompression appear to be relatively benign...
- Pars plana vitrectomy, subretinal injection of tissue plasminogen activator, and fluid-gas exchange for displacement of thick submacular hemorrhage in age-related macular degenerationC L Haupert
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 131:208-15. 2001..A randomized, prospective clinical trial is necessary to determine the efficacy of this technique in comparison with other proposed treatments...
- Acute angle-closure glaucoma resulting from spontaneous hemorrhagic retinal detachment in age-related macular degeneration: case reports and literature reviewS N Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang-Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:270-5. 2001..Sclerotomy and drainage of blood help control intraocular pressure and relieve ocular pain. Poor final visual acuity is inevitable. However, phthisical changes might be prevented with early sclerotomy and drainage of blood...
- Maculopathy in dengue feverDaniel Hsien Wen Su
Emerg Infect Dis 12:707. 2006
- Pneumatic displacement of submacular hemorrhage: safety, efficacy, and patient selectionMahesh Gopalakrishan
Giridhar Eye Institute, Kadavanthra, Cochin, Kerala, India
Retina 27:329-34. 2007..To investigate the safety and efficacy of pneumatic displacement of submacular hemorrhage without the use of intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- Bilateral secondary angle-closure glaucoma as a complication of anticoagulation in a nanophthalmic patientR M Caronia
Department of Ophthalmology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 126:307-9. 1998..To describe bilateral hemorrhage of the posterior segment and secondary angle-closure glaucoma as sequelae of anticoagulation therapy in a nanophthalmic patient...
- Treatment of submacular hemorrhage with low-dose intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator injection and pneumatic displacementB A Handwerger
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:28-32. 2001..Final visual acuity was limited by the underlying presence of end-stage ARMD...
- Three types of retinal bleeding as a complication of hypotony after trabeculectomyR Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Consultation Service, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Ophthalmologica 213:135-8. 1999....
- Progressive renal failure and blindness due to retinal hemorrhage after interferon therapy for hepatitis C virus-associated membranoproliferative glomerulonephritisT Suzuki
Department of Medicine, Maruyama Hospital, Hamamatsu
Intern Med 40:708-12. 2001..after the discontinuation of IFN alpha-2b, the patient experienced the sudden onset of visual loss due to retinal hemorrhage. Subsequently, proteinuria and renal function progressively deteriorated though HCV RNA was undetectable...
- Intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator and pneumatic displacement of submacular hemorrhage secondary to retinal artery macroaneurysmTsung Tien Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 21:62-7. 2005..To assess the efficacy of treating submacular hemorrhages secondary to retinal arterial macroaneurysm with intravitreous tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and gas...
- Application of transpupillary thermotherapy in a patient with asteroid hyalosis and premacular hemorrhageJack Yu Shih Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:140-3. 2006..The long-term safety measures and visual prognosis following TTT for resolution of the vitreous impurities remain to be evaluated, but the procedure may be effective for treating premacular hemorrhage and asteroid hyalosis...
- Transvitreal limited arteriovenous-crossing manipulation without vitrectomy for complicated branch retinal vein occlusion using 25-gauge instrumentationRohit R Lakhanpal
Microsurgery Advanced Design Laboratory, Doheny Retina Institute, Doheny Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Retina 25:272-80. 2005....
- Persistent depot of triamcinolone acetonide after a single intravitreal injectionVasumathy Vedantham
Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 1 Anna Nagar, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 53:65-6. 2005..The persistence of depot of triamcinolone at four months following a single intravitreal injection is described...
- Choroidal neovascularization after accidental macular damage by laserMárciob Nehemy
São Geraldo Eye Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais and The Vision Institute, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 33:298-300. 2005..CNV after laser injury is rare. The evolution of this case suggests that CNV, after an accidental laser injury,in a healthy macula of a young patient might have a self-limited course and a relatively good prognosis...
- Vitrectomy for pre-macular hemorrhagic cyst in children and young adultsPetra Meier
University Eye Hospital, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 10 14, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:824-8. 2005..In this study, we report on our experience and results of vitreoretinal surgery for treatment of pre-macular hemorrhagic cyst in eyes of patients suffering from Terson's syndrome and shaken baby syndrome...
- Pigment epithelial detachments with retinal vascular anomalous complex in age-related macular degenerationUlrike Schneider
University Eye Clinic Tübingen, Tubingen, Germany
Ophthalmologica 219:303-8. 2005..To analyze and compare the angiographic features of retinal vascular anomalous complex (RVAC) in patients with a vascularized pigment epithelial detachment (PED) secondary to age-related macular degeneration...
- Subretinal surgery for peripapillary subretinal neovascular membranesGregg T Kokame
Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Surgery, University of Hawaii School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Retina 25:564-9. 2005....
- Massive bilateral vitreoretinal hemorrhage in patient with chronic refractory idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraAmy Okuda
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University of School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:1190-3. 2005..We describe a patient with chronic, refractory idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) who developed massive vitreoretinal hemorrhages in both eyes...
- Pneumatic displacement of a dense submacular hemorrhage with or without tissue plasminogen activatorPo Min Yang
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung
Chang Gung Med J 28:852-9. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of treating a dense submacular hemorrhage with pneumatic displacement with or without tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- Management of subretinal macular haemorrhage by direct administration of tissue plasminogen activatorR P Singh
Vitreo Retinal Service, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:429-31. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical outcomes of this recently described procedure...
- Hemorrhagic complications after photodynamic therapy for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyYasuhiko Hirami
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Retina 27:335-41. 2007..To evaluate the clinical features and risk factors of hemorrhagic complications in eyes with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) after photodynamic therapy (PDT)...
- The use of intravitreal etanercept in diabetic macular oedemaMiltiadis K Tsilimbaris
Retina Service, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Semin Ophthalmol 22:75-9. 2007..Further research is warranted in order to obtain conclusive results concerning the role of anti-TNF therapy in diabetic macular edema...
- The therapeutic effects of intravitreal bevacizumab in a patient with recalcitrant idiopathic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyMehdi Ghajarnia
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Eye and Ear Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Semin Ophthalmol 22:127-31. 2007..Intravitreal injection of bevacizumab should be studied as an effective and relatively inexpensive option for patients with active polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy...
- Massive subretinal hemorrhage after photodynamic therapy for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy after macular translocation surgeryYoko Fukushima
Jpn J Ophthalmol 51:307-9. 2007
- Macular infarction following viperine snake biteJatinder Singh
Sardar Bahadur Dr Sohan Singh Eye Hospital, Katra Sher Singh, Chowk Farid, Amritsar 143006, Punjab, India
Arch Ophthalmol 125:1430-1. 2007
- [The choroidal osteoma with subretinal haemorrhage without choroidal neovascularisation]Maciej Gawecki
Z Oddziału Okulistycznego Szpitala Wojewódzkiego w Elblagu
Klin Oczna 109:333-6. 2007..On these basis diagnosis of choroidal osteoma without CNV was made. Subjective symptoms regressed after resolution of haemorrhage. There is a possibility of subretinal haemorrhage without CNV in the course of choroidal osteoma...
- The effect of Nd:YAG laser membranotomy and intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator with gas on massive diabetic premacular hemorrhageJin Chung
St Marys Eye Clinic, Uijeongbu, Korea
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:114-20. 2008....
- Can intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator and SF6 gas facilitate management of macular degeneration with photodynamic therapy?M M K Muqit
Medical Retina Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Bradford Teaching Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford, Yorkshire, UK
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:591-4. 2008....
- An unusual case of a Forster-Fuchs' spotDeepun Gosrani
Ophthalmology Department, Dunedin Public Hospital, Dunedin, New Zealand
Clin Exp Optom 90:209-11. 2007..In this report, we review the unusual case of a young gentleman who developed a Forster-Fuchs' spot at his macula, with his fundus and fluorescein angiographic findings, and current prognosis and management...
- [Hemorrhagic complications of drusen of the optic disk]M Munteanu
Clinique Ophtalmologique, Timisoara, Roumanie, 3, rue 1er Mai, Timisoara, Romania
J Fr Ophtalmol 30:58-67. 2007..The suggested therapy is medical, surgical, or by photocoagulation, but the results are contradictory...
- Large submacular hemorrhage following PDT with verteporfin in patients with occult CNVM secondary to age-related macular degenerationNauman A Chaudhry
New England Retina Associates, Hamden, Connecticut 06518, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 38:64-8. 2007..Patients with age-related macular degeneration who are receiving warfarin therapy and undergoing repeat verteporfin treatments appear to be at risk for submacular hemorrhages...
- Valsalva-like retinopathy following hyperopic laser in situ keratomileusisAndrew A Moshfeghi
Department of Ophthalmology, North Shore University Hospital, Great Neck, New York, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:486-8. 2006..Valsalva-like retinopathy, possibly the result of the rapid rise and fall of intraocular pressure during the microkeratome and suction ring operation, may occur following hyperopic LASIK surgery...
- Photodynamic therapy for vasoproliferative retinal tumorsMaria A Blasi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of L Aquila, San Salvatore Hospital, Via Vetoio, 67100 Coppito, L Aquila, Italy
Retina 26:404-9. 2006..To report our experience with photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin for patients with vasoproliferative retinal tumors (VPRTs)...
- Recurrent bleeding after photodynamic therapy in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyYumiko Ojima
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 141:958-60. 2006..To report a case of recurrent bleeding after photodynamic therapy (PDT) in an eye with polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV)...
- Triamcinolone and PDT to treat exudative age-related macular degeneration and submacular hemorrhageJ M Ruiz-Moreno
Department of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University School of Medicine, Alicante and Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Vitreo Retinal Unit, Alicante Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:426-34. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with verteporfin and intravitreal injection of triamcinolone to treat choroidal neovascularization (CNV) with flat sub-macular hemorrhage in age-related macular degeneration (ARMD)...
- Management of macular hole and submacular hemorrhage in the same eyeSophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:609-11. 2007..To report the management of patients with a macular hole and submacular hemorrhage in the same eye...
- [Autologous translocation of large retinal pigment epithelium choroid patches in age-related macular degeneration]J Petersen
Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Abteilung Augenheilkunde, Gottingen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 225:286-91. 2008..For the same reasons the size of the transplant is limited...
- Resolution of subretinal haemorrhage and fluid after intravitreal bevacizumab in aggressive peripapillary subretinal neovascularizationWael Soliman
Department of Ophthalmology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:707-8. 2006
- Surgical excision of retinal macroaneurysms with submacular hemorrhageYoshinori Oie
The Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:550-3. 2006..To report the visual outcome following the surgical excision of retinal macroaneurysms with submacular hemorrhage...
- Toxoplasmosis-associated neovascular lesions treated successfully with ranibizumab and antiparasitic therapyJoseph D Benevento
University of Chicago, AMBH S206, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1152-6. 2008
- Case of subretinal hemorrhage that developed from a prepapillary vascular loopTakamitsu Fujiwara
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:175-7. 2004
- Indocyanine green angiography in the presence of subretinal or intraretinal haemorrhages: clinical and experimental investigationsFlorian Schutt
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Applied Physics and Institute of Pathology, Universityof Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:110-4. 2002..The degree and frequency of blockage by haemorrhages during ICG-A and fluorescein angiography (Fl-A) were compared and absorption characteristics by blood were experimentally determined...
- Preschool Vision Screening in Primary Care SettingsAlex Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Lisa M Wruck; Fiscal Year: 2013..peripheral artery disease) and microvascular markers (retinal arteriolar narrowing and nicking, retinal hemorrhage, exudates, and microaneurysms, microalbuminuria), cardiovascular events, hemostatic factors in 5 pathways, ..
- ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Alvaro Alonso; Fiscal Year: 2013..peripheral artery disease) and microvascular markers (retinal arteriolar narrowing and nicking, retinal hemorrhage, exudates, and microaneurysms, microalbuminuria), cardiovascular events, hemostatic factors in 5 pathways, ..
- 1 of 5 ARIC Neurocognitive Study (ARIC-NCS)Josef Coresh; Fiscal Year: 2013..peripheral artery disease) and microvascular markers (retinal arteriolar narrowing and nicking, retinal hemorrhage, exudates, and microaneurysms, microalbuminuria), cardiovascular events, hemostatic factors in 5 pathways, ..
- Role of betacellulin in diabetic macular edemaBela Anand-Apte; Fiscal Year: 2013..Intravitreal injection of betacellulin induced retinal hemorrhage and increased vascular permeability in normoglycemic and hyperglycemic mice...
- Secondary Data Analysis of the Data from Comparison of AMD Treatments TrialsGui Shuang Ying; Fiscal Year: 2013..6) To evaluate the association of anticoagulation medications with retinal hemorrhage in patients with neovascular AMD...
- ELASTIC FIBER DEFECTS IN PSEUDOXANTHOMA ELASTICUMCharles Boyd; Fiscal Year: 2002..for the development of the clinical symptoms characteristic of PXE and these include inelastic skin lesions, retinal hemorrhage with partial loss of vision and vascular defects such as gastrointestinal bleeding and myocardial infarction...
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility for Development of Proliferative Diabetic RetinopathyKang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Objective Diagnosis & Quantification of Retinal DiseaseSriniVas Sadda; Fiscal Year: 2007..This technology will be of great value in future clinical and pre-clinical studies, and in everyday clinical practice. ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans E Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- OCULAR HYPERTENSION TREATMENT STUDY (OHTS)Donald Budenz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- The Role of Polycystins in the Regulation of Intracellular Calcium and Vascular RQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information gained from the proposed study will greatly enhance our understanding in the pathogenesis of vascular complications in ADPKD and provide potential areas for therapeutic targets. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both the IFN and angiostatin will prevent the progression of micrometastases into metastases by anti-angiogenesis. Angiostatin will prevent metastases by an anti-melanoma invasion effect. ..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS PATHOLOGY CENTERHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, eyes obtained post-mortem from patients enrolled in the SST will be studied for pathologic correlation with clinical findings and outcomes. ..
- COLLABORATIVE OCULAR MELANOMA STUDYANTIONIO CAPONE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS--PHOTOGRAPH READING CENTERSusan Bressler; Fiscal Year: 2003..BUDGET NOTE: NEI Staff should evaluate the requested budget in light of their experience with the budget needs of reading centers in other clinical trials. ADMINISTRATIVE NOTE: Awards, if made, are limited to 5 years. ..
- Mechanics of Head Impact in InfantsBrittany Coats; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract not provided ..
- Retinal Microvascular Signs and CVD in Older PersonsTien Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..This may ultimately lead to improved identification, and preventive and therapeutic strategies for the most common causes of morbidity, disability and mortality affecting elderly people in the United States. ..
- Female Hormones and VisionAlvin Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Effectiveness of Treatment for Adult PeriodontitisPhilippe Hujoel; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information can help determine in what area of periodontal research definitive clinical trials may offer the greatest contribution. ..
- Vascular Complications of Polycystic Kidney DiseaseQi Qian; Fiscal Year: 2007..This period of laboratory based study, plus the formalized career development program, is designed to train the candidate as a physician scientist with a unique expertise in vascular aspects of ADPKD. ..
- VISUAL ADAPTATION LIMITS AND AGE-RELATED DISEASEAlvin Eisner; Fiscal Year: 2002....