Summary: Tumors of cancer of the EYELIDS.
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Ophthalmic presentation of the Muir Torre syndromeEugene Tay
Department of Ophthalmology, Kent County Ophthalmic and Aural Hospital, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:402-4. 2003..The Muir Torre syndrome (MTS) is a rare autosomal dominant condition characterized by the association of certain skin tumors and systemic malignancies. We report the ophthalmic presentation of this syndrome in two cases...
- Angiosarcoma of the eyelid: a clinicopathologic comparison between isolated unilateral tumors and tumors demonstrating extrapalpebral involvementJohn A Papalas
Departments of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:694-9. 2010..When extrapalpebral involvement is ruled out by clinical and radiographic examination, patients with isolated involvement seem to fare better compared with patients with eyelid involvement secondary to more regionally extensive tumors...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy-specific and overall treatment outcomes in patients with cutaneous angiosarcoma of the face with periorbital involvementSheri L Demartelaere
Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Head Neck 30:639-46. 2008..The goal of this report was to investigate the overall treatment outcomes and the neoadjuvant chemotherapy-specific outcomes in patients with cutaneous angiosarcoma of the face with periorbital involvement...
- Clinicopathological analysis of malignant eyelid tumor cases at Yamagata university hospital: statistical comparison of tumor incidence in Japan and in other countriesHiroshi Takamura
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 49:349-54. 2005..To report the clinical and histopathological features of malignant eyelid tumor cases treated in our clinic. We also compared the differences in the frequency of malignant eyelid tumor in various regions of Japan and worldwide...
- Eyelid tumors in children: a clinicopathologic study of a 10-year review in southern TaiwanHuan Chen Hsu
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Ophthalmologica 218:274-7. 2004..To describe the clinical and histopathologic characteristics of eyelid tumors in children in southern Taiwan...
- Outcomes after radiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the eyelidJanjira Petsuksiri
Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 112:111-8. 2008..Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the eyelid is a rare malignancy with metastatic potential. In the current study, the outcomes of patients with SCC of the eyelid were evaluated after definitive and postoperative radiation therapy...
- In vivo optical coherence tomography (OCT) in periocular basal cell carcinoma: correlations between in vivo OCT images and postoperative histologyLucia Pelosini
Ophthalmology Department, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust, Maidstone, Kent, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 97:890-4. 2013..To investigate in vivo optical coherence tomography (OCT) for imaging of periocular basal cell carcinoma (BCC)...
- Reconstruction of the levator function and conjunctiva using an inferiorly based orbital septal flap for subtotal full-thickness defects of the upper eyelid: two cases of ocular sebaceous carcinomaTakafumi Ohshiro
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, Kawagoe, Japan
Ann Plast Surg 56:336-9. 2006..The new upper eyelid with a stable lid margin could open and close properly. Our surgical procedures may be available in the case that the lower eyelid is not usable...
- Clinicopathological features of eyelid skin tumors. A retrospective study of 5504 cases and review of literatureManuel Deprez
Laboratoire d Ophtalmopathologie, Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Lausanne, Suisse
Am J Dermatopathol 31:256-62. 2009..We further discuss our results with reference to previously published series...
- Eyelid tumors in Siriraj Hospital from 2000-2004Kanograt Pornpanich
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:S11-4. 2005..To determine the relative incidence of eyelid lesions seen in Siriraj Hospital from January 2000-April 2004...
- Epidemiologic characteristics and clinical course of patients with malignant eyelid tumors in an incidence cohort in Olmsted County, MinnesotaB E Cook
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ophthalmology 106:746-50. 1999..To determine the epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of patients with malignant eyelid tumors in an incidence cohort...
- Eyelid tumors in southern Taiwan: a 5-year survey from a medical universityCheng Hsien Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 19:549-54. 2003..All surgeons should be alert to this phenomenon when they operate on an eyelid tumor. The best policy is to send all specimens for pathologic examination...
- Eyelid neoplasms in the Beijing Tongren Eye Centre between 1997 and 2006Xiao Lin Xu
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Centre, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:367-72. 2008..To examine the spectrum of eyelid neoplastic specimens obtained at the Beijing Tongren Eye Centre between 1997 and 2006...
- Basal cell carcinoma of the eyelid and periocular skinC E Margo
Department of Ophthalmology and Pathology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa
Surv Ophthalmol 38:169-92. 1993..Since prevention is preferable to treatment, the public needs to be informed that the incidence of periocular skin cancers can be reduced with the longterm use of sunscreens, sunglasses, and hats with brims...
- Reappraisal of astigmatism induced by periocular capillary hemangioma and treatment with intralesional corticosteroid injectionAvery H Weiss
Division of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Ophthalmology 115:390-397.e1. 2008..To document refractive status and visual acuity before and after intralesional corticosteroid injection in children with astigmatism induced by periocular capillary hemangioma (PCH)...
- Basal cell carcinomas of the eyelidsJ Allali
Department of Ophthalmology, Pr Renard, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Ophthalmologica 219:57-71. 2005..BCC is the most common cause leading to eyelid reconstructive surgery; a surgery which has a triple objective: tumor removal, functionality and an esthetic outcome...
- Sebaceous gland tumors of the eyelids and conjunctiva in the Muir-Torre syndrome: a clinicopathologic study of five cases and literature reviewKirtee Rishi
Department of Ophthalmology, The Methodist Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, U S A
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 20:31-6. 2004..To study the sebaceous tumors of eyelid/conjunctiva associated with Muir-Torre syndrome (MTS) and to determine the role of immunohistochemical markers (MSH2, mismatch repair gene) in the diagnosis of patients with MTS...
- Sebaceous gland adenoma of the tarsal conjunctiva in a patient with Muir-Torre syndromeRamon L Font
Department of Ophthalmology, Cullen Eye Institute, The Methodist Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1833-6. 2003....
- The expression of P53 protein and infection of human papilloma virus in conjunctival and eyelid neoplasmsJoanna Reszec
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Bialystok, Waszyngtona 13, 15 269 Bialystok, Poland
Int J Mol Med 16:559-64. 2005..HPV seems to occur rarely. In some cases its role in the pathogenesis of conjunctival and eyelid tumorigenesis should be considered as auxiliary...
- Sebaceous carcinoma of the ocular region: a reviewJerry A Shields
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 50:103-22. 2005....
- Clinical features associated with survival of patients with lymphoma of the ocular adnexaC Jenkins
Orbital Clinic Moorfields Eye Hospital City Road, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:809-20. 2003..The outcome of malignant ocular adnexal lymphoma was, therefore, related to presenting clinical symptoms and signs...
- Sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid associated with retinoblastomaT Kivela
Oncology Service and Ophthalmic Pathology Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Ophthalmology 108:1124-8. 2001..To analyze the association between retinoblastoma (Rb) and sebaceous carcinoma (SC) of the eyelid to improve surveillance of survivors of RB:..
- Periocular squamous cell carcinomaVanessa Limawararut
Oculoplastic and Orbital Division, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:174-85. 2007..Other special considerations in the periocular area include maintaining a high level of suspicion for perineural invasion as this may be associated with a poorer prognosis...
- Primary eyelid mucinous adenocarcinoma of eccrine originR Sudesh
SUNY at Buffalo Department of Ophthalmology, Amherst 14228, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 30:394-5. 1999..Primary mucinous adenocarcinoma of the eye lid is a rare malignant sweat gland tumor with a high incidence of local recurrence. It has to be differentiated from other adenocarcinomas which may rarely metastasize to the skin...
- The role of interferon alpha 2b as an adjunctive treatment in the management of aggressive basal cell carcinoma of the eyelidsS Fenton
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 80:674-5. 2002
- Ocular adnexal lymphomas: five case presentations and a review of the literatureSarah E Coupland
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University, Berlin, Germany
Surv Ophthalmol 47:470-90. 2002....
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the eyelidsM J Donaldson
Eyelid, Lacrimal and Orbital Clinic, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1161-5. 2002..To review the clinical features, management, and outcomes of surgical treatment of eyelid squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Eyelid schwannoma in a Korean womanYoo Ri Chung
Jpn J Ophthalmol 51:231-2. 2007
- Positron emission tomography in the detection and staging of ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative diseaseAlejandra A Valenzuela
Eyelid, Lacrimal and Orbital Clinic, Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Surgery, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital and the University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, Australia
Ophthalmology 113:2331-7. 2006..To evaluate the role of fluorine 18 deoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET) in the initial staging of ocular adnexal lymphoma (OAL)...
- Recurrent mucinous carcinoma of the eyelidSubramanian Krishnakumar
Medical and Vision Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 52:156-7. 2004..A case of recurrent mucinous carcinoma of the lid in a 40-year-old male is reported. Clinical differential diagnosis and histopathologic features are discussed...
- Primary cutaneous mucinous carcinoma of the eyelid in a young maleM Bindra
Central Eye Service, Central Middlesex Hospital, London, U K
Orbit 24:211-4. 2005..Moh's micrographic surgery is the most suitable method of treatment following exclusion of both distant primaries and metastases...
- Treatment and outcomes of malignant melanoma of the eyelid: a review of 29 cases in AustraliaFiona M Chan
Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Ophthalmology 114:187-92. 2007..To review the treatment and outcomes of malignant melanoma (MM) of the eyelid skin...
- Total and subtotal upper eyelid reconstruction with the nasal chondromucosal flap: a 10-year experienceNicolo Scuderi
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1259-65. 2005..The authors review their 10-year experience with the nasal chondromucosal flap for total and subtotal upper eyelid reconstruction...
- Solitary superficial angiomyxoma in the eyelidHunter K L Yuen
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 3 F Hong Kong Eye Hospital, 147K Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong, SAR, People s Republic of China
Am J Ophthalmol 139:1141-2. 2005..To report the clinicopathologic features of a solitary superficial angiomyxoma arising in the eyelid...
- Trichilemmal carcinoma of the upper eyelidTze Foon Lai
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:536-8. 2003..Trichilemmal carcinoma (TLC) is a rare adnexal tumour related to the external hair sheath. We describe the first case of TLC on the upper eyelid to be treated with Mohs micrographic surgery...
- Neurothekeoma palpebraeRaghunath P Misra
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:1975-6. 2004
- Successful percutaneous incision and pathological examination of a rare nerve sheath myxoma: diagnosis and treatmentHirohiko Kakizaki
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:78-79. 2004
- Clinical analysis of benign eyelid and conjunctival tumorsMi Jung Chi
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Korea University Ansan Hospital, Gyunggi, South Korea
Ophthalmologica 220:43-51. 2006..1%) and compound nevus (10.7%) in eyelid tumors, and compound nevus (29.2%) and intradermal nevus (25.0%) in conjunctival tumors. CONCLUSION: This report will provides a basic analysis of benign eyelid and conjunctival tumors...
- Orbicularis muscle advancement flap combined with free posterior and anterior lamellar grafts: a 1-stage sandwich technique for eyelid reconstructionDion Paridaens
Department of Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery, Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Ophthalmology 115:189-94. 2008..To report on a new 1-stage technique for eyelid reconstruction...
- Clinicopathologic features and behavior of cutaneous eyelid melanomaMojgan Vaziri
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ophthalmology 109:901-8. 2002..To study the clinical and histopathologic features of cutaneous eyelid melanomas and identify prognostic factors in the behavior of such tumors...
- Clinicopathological analysis of periocular sebaceous gland carcinomaJin Sook Yoon
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Ophthalmologica 221:331-9. 2007..We analyzed the clinicopathological features and prognosis in patients with periocular sebaceous gland carcinoma...
- Outcome of patients with periocular sebaceous gland carcinoma with and without conjunctival intraepithelial invasionA N Chao
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1877-83. 2001..Conjunctival intraepithelial (pagetoid) invasion carries a higher risk for orbital exenteration, but the risk of tumor-related metastases is similar in both groups...
- Treatment options and future prospects for the management of eyelid malignancies: an evidence-based updateB E Cook
Oculoplastics Service, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ophthalmology 108:2088-98; quiz 2099-100, 2121. 2001..To provide evidence-based clinical recommendations for treatment options and future prospects for the management of common malignant eyelid tumors, including global ratings for the strength of published evidence supporting them...
- Analysis of p53 mutations and the expression of p53 and p21WAF1/CIP1 protein in 15 cases of sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelidKunihiro Kiyosaki
Department of Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Oita, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:7-11. 2010....
- Orbicularis oculi myocutaneous advancement flap for upper eyelid reconstructionZühtü Demir
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:443-50. 2008..This is a single-stage procedure and has produced satisfactory to excellent results in the authors' patients. It presents the reconstructive surgeon with several advantages over other techniques...
- Management and reconstruction of periocular malignanciesDebra M Kroll
Department of Ophthalmology, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York, USA
Facial Plast Surg 23:181-9. 2007..Strategies for treatment of these lesions as well as reconstruction of full-thickness eyelid defects and partial-thickness skin defects are discussed...
- Histopathological review of sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelidPatricia Rusa Pereira
Department of Ophthalmology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cutan Pathol 32:496-501. 2005..This retrospective study was undertaken as an attempt to improve the characterization and consequently the diagnosis of these tumors...
- Immunohistochemical staining for adipophilin, perilipin and TIP47K Muthusamy
Department of Pathology, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
J Clin Pathol 59:1166-70. 2006..Recently, several anti-adipocytic antibodies that recognise proteins associated with lipid vesicles have been described. These antibodies can be applied to paraffin-wax sections...
- [Interstitial brachytherapy of peri-orificial skin carcinomas on the face]E Rio
Service de Radiotherapie, CRLCC Nantes Atlantique, 44000 Nantes, France
Cancer Radiother 10:101-6. 2006..Results were better for untreated tumors than for incompletely excised tumors or tumors recurring after surgery...
- Combination of periocular myocutaneous flaps for one-stage reconstruction of extensive defects of the eyelidKostas G Boboridis
Opthalmology Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 39:100-3. 2005..Adequate functional and cosmetic results with early visual rehabilitation were achieved in a single procedure...
- [Reconstruction of full-thickness lower eyelid defects]A Karim
Service d Ophtalmologie et de Chirurgie Oculoplastique, Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 28:675-80. 2005..We excised the tumor and examined the edges with an extemporaneous histological exam. Reconstruction combined grafts and flaps. The advantages and disadvantages of the various techniques of lower-eyelid reconstruction are discussed...
- Reconstruction of the tarsus-conjunctival layer using a venous wall graftCesare Barbera
Division of Dermatology, Department of Surgery, Hospital of Biella, Azienda Sanitaria Locale of Biella, Italy
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:352-6. 2008..The authors' aim was to create a new method to repair large tarsus-conjunctival losses and to examine the outcomes of its use...
- [Eyelid reconstruction with Fricke's flap: report of two cases]Guilherme Herzog Neto
Serviço de Plástica Ocular, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 69:123-6. 2006..The authors believe that although this flap is not the first choice for a reconstructive procedure, it should not be forgotten because in some patients, it would be the only possible choice...
- [Ocular malignancies of xeroderma pigmentosum: clinical and therapeutic features]R A Touzri
Service d Ophtalmologie, EPS Charles Nicolle, Tunis, Tunisia
Ann Dermatol Venereol 135:99-104. 2008..Our aim was to determine the epidemiological, clinical and histopathological features as well as the most suitable therapeutic management of malignant ocular tumours in xeroderma pigmentosum based on a retrospective study of 32 patients...
- A technique for the reconstruction of lower eyelid marginal defectsIngemarie Moesen
Department of Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery, The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Schiedamsevest 180, 3011 BH Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1695-7. 2007..To report on a new one-step technique for the reconstruction of lower eyelid marginal defects...
- Semicircular (Tenzel) flap for malignant melanoma involving the palpebral conjunctiva and skin of an eyelidH S Kim
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:102-3. 2008
- Comments on: basal cell carcinoma of the eyelidsVictoria M L Cohen
Compr Ophthalmol Update 8:15-6. 2007
- Clear-cell basal cell carcinoma: differentiation from other clear-cell tumorsSeth B Forman
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 29:208-9. 2007
- Basal cell carcinoma of the eyelidsVenkatesh C Prabhakaran
Oculoplastic and Orbital Division, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Adelaide, and South Australian Institute of Ophthalmology, Adelaide, Australia
Compr Ophthalmol Update 8:1-14. 2007..In this review, we discuss the risk factors, pathology, molecular biology, clinical features, and management of eyelid basal cell carcinoma...
- [Therapy refractory blepharoconjunctivitis in a 90 year old patient]B Moustafa
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Vivantes Klinikum Neukölln, 12351, Berlin
Ophthalmologe 104:889-91. 2007..Autosomal dominant Muir-Torre syndrome should be considered in patients who develop sebaceous gland carcinoma of the ocular adnexa. In this case, the sebaceous gland carcinoma is combined with visceral carcinoma...
- Double-bridged flap procedure for nonmarginal, full-thickness, upper eyelid reconstructionJonathan J Dutton
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7040, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:459-62. 2007..To describe the technique and results of double-bridged flap reconstruction of full-thickness upper eyelid defects that spares the upper eyelid margin...
- A clinicopathological study of eyelid malignancies from central IndiaSameer S Jahagirdar
Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:109-12. 2007..Eyelid malignancies are completely treatable if detected early. The treatment depends on the invasiveness of the cancer which in turn depends on the type of malignancy...
- Free tarsal graft combined with skin transposition flap for full-thickness lower eyelid reconstructionMartin S Zinkernagel
Department of Ophthalmology, Cantonal Hospital of St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:228-31. 2007..Autogenous tarsus as a free graft proves to be a simple procedure for posterior lamella substitution in lower eyelid surgery, especially in combination with a skin transposition flap from the upper eyelid...
- Basal and squamous cell carcinomaNigel Stollery
Leicester Royal Infirmary
Practitioner 250:46, 48-51. 2006
- Hard palate mucoperiosteal graft for posterior lamellar reconstruction of the upper eyelid: histologic rationaleRan Ito
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Shimane Prefectural Central Hospital, Izumo, Japan
J Craniofac Surg 18:684-90. 2007..The graft took completely and there was no donor site morbidity or postoperative complications. A hard palate mucoperiosteal graft may be an optimal substitute for the posterior lamella of the upper eyelid...
- Sliding tarsal flap for reconstruction of large, shallow lower eyelid tarsal defectsJean Louis Desousa
Corneoplastic Unit, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:46-8. 2007..To describe a novel technique for reconstructing shallow, full-thickness defects of the lower eyelid...
- Confident complete excision of lid-margin BCCs using a marginal strip: an alternative to Mohs' surgeryNarendra Dhingra
Cardiff Eye Unit, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff CF14 4XW, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:794-6. 2007..To report a new technique of tissue preparation, using a marginal strip, after the excision of eyelid basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) and to report the long-term results of BCCs excised using this technique...
- Reconstruction of lower eyelid defects using a cross upper eyelid flap composited with ear cartilageBekir Atik
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Yuzuncu Yil University, Medical Faculty, Van, Turkey
Dermatol Surg 33:709-12. 2007..Basal cell carcinomas (BCC) most frequently involve the lower eyelid and are treated with total excision. Various techniques have been proposed for reconstruction of the excised eyelid...
- Reconstruction of large orbital exenteration defects after resection of periorbital tumors of advanced stageGaye Taylan
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kartal Dr Lütfü Kirdar Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reconstr Microsurg 22:583-9. 2006..All suffered partial maxillectomy as well. The flaps provided satisfactory aesthetic results in all patients...
- Incidence of eyelid cancers in Taiwan: a 21-year reviewHsin Yi Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ophthalmology 113:2101-7. 2006..To describe the epidemiologic characteristics and incidence trends of primary eyelid cancers in the Chinese population in Taiwan between 1979 and 1999...
- Management of periocular basal and squamous cell carcinoma: a series of 485 casesArie Y Nemet
Oculoplastic Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Sydney Hospital and Sydney Eye Hospital, Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 142:293-7. 2006..To analyze the outcome of management of patients with basal cell carcinomas (BCCs) and squamous cell carcinomas (SCCs) in a tertiary referral eye center in Sydney, Australia...
- [Basal cell carcinoma associated with a squamous cell papilloma at the inner part of the eyelid]F d'Hermies
Service d Ophtalmologie du Pr Renard, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, F 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 25:223-6. 2002..After surgical removal, the histopathological study of the tumors disclosed a typical basal cell carcinoma and a squamous cell papilloma. Both tumors can be commonly observed on the eyelids and surgical excision cured the patient...
- Interstitial brachytherapy of periorificial skin carcinomas of the face: a retrospective study of 97 casesEmmanuel Rio
Department of Radiotherapy, CRLCC Nantes Atlantique, Saint Herblain, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:753-7. 2005..To analyze outcomes after interstitial brachytherapy of facial periorificial skin carcinomas...
- Follicular conjunctivitis caused by a mantle cell lymphomaC A Amstutz
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 221:398-400. 2004..The follicular appearance of the lymphocyte hyperplasia may mimic the clinical picture of infectious or allergic conjunctivitis. We report on a case of marked chronic follicular conjunctivitis, finally diagnosed as mantle cell lymphoma...
- Incidence of host site complications in periocular full thickness skin graftsI Leibovitch
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 89:219-22. 2005..To evaluate the complications of periocular full thickness skin grafts (FTSG) in patients treated with Mohs' micrographic surgery (MMS) for periocular malignancy...
- [Palpebral tumors: clinical and diagnostic considerations]J Lasudry
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Bruxelles, Belgique
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:70-6. 2003....
- [Pathology in the diagnosis and treatment of palpebral tumors]M Pluot
Laboratoire d anatomie et de cytologie pathologiques, CHR de Reims
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:77-83. 2003....
- Modified Hughes flap: division at 7 daysIgal Leibovitch
Oculoplastic and Orbital Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Ophthalmology 111:2164-7. 2004..To report the outcome of early division of the tarsoconjunctival pedicle of a modified Hughes flap at 1 week after the primary operation...
- Malignant eyelid tumours in TaiwanJ K Wang
Department of Ophthamology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Eye (Lond) 17:216-20. 2003..To describe the clinical characteristics of patients with eyelid cancers in Taiwan...
- Plaque radiotherapy for selected orbital malignancies: preliminary observations: the 2002 Montgomery Lecture, part 2Jerry A Shields
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, U S A
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:91-5. 2003..To describe the principles and preliminary results of plaque brachytherapy for selected orbital malignancies...
- [Allosclera transplant for eyelid reconstruction]Bo Guo
Department of Ophthalmology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chegdu, Sichuan, P R China 610041
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 17:403-5. 2003..To study the clinical effects of allosclera transplant for eyelid reconstruction...
- Xeroderma pigmentosum in four siblings with three different types of malignancies simultaneously in oneMohammed El-Hayek
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Tawam University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:473-5. 2004..He developed three different types of malignancies simultaneously and died at age 13. The authors conclude that it is important to be aware of multiple malignancies of different types in the same patient with XP...
- [Optical coherence tomography versus ultrasound biomicroscopy of conjunctival and eyelid lesions]Hans Jürgen Buchwald
Universitäts Augenklinik Ulm
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:822-9. 2003..The value of ultrasound biomicroscopy in the diagnosis of conjunctival and eyelid lesions is still unknown...
- [Unilateral facial edematous granulomatosis. Initial symptom of basalioma]S M Erdmann
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Aachen
Hautarzt 55:65-7. 2004..The edema of the lower eyelid resolved upon complete surgical removal of the tumor...
- Cutaneous horns of the eyelid: a clinicopathological study of 48 casesEnrique Mencía-Gutiérrez
Department of Ophthalmology, 12 de Octubre Hospital, Complutense University, Cedro 23, E28250 Torrelodones, Madrid, Spain
J Cutan Pathol 31:539-43. 2004..This lesion may be associated with a benign, premalignant, or malignant lesion at the base, masking numerous conditions...
- Accuracy of the clinical diagnosis of chalazionP C Ozdal
The Henry C Witelson Ophthalmic Pathology Laboratory and Registry, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Eye (Lond) 18:135-8. 2004..This study was conducted to determine the accuracy of the clinical diagnosis of chalazion and demonstrate the importance of histopathological confirmation of the diagnosis...
- [Spontaneous regression of an eyelid tumour]Cornelia Werschnik
Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Augenheilkunde, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 219:387-9. 2002..The differential diagnosis of eyelid tumours is often a challenging task. A correct anamnesis can be very important for the further treatment plan...
- Sentinel node biopsy for orbital and ocular adnexal tumorsM W Wilson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:338-44; discussion 344-5. 2001..The morbidity of elective lymph node dissection and adjuvant radiotherapy can be avoided. Our results are preliminary, and further work must be done to identify the lymphatic basins of the orbit and ocular adnexa...
- Reconstruction of seventeen full-thickness defects of the eyelids with twenty-two Hübner tarsomarginal graftsG Dagregorio
Department of Plastic Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Poitiers, CHU Poitiers, rue de la Miletrie, BP 577, 86021 Poitiers Cedex, France
Br J Plast Surg 58:361-5. 2005..In all cases, the margin integrity was otherwise preserved. Very few simple techniques achieve that level of quality in the eyelid reconstruction process...
- Use of heat-malleable thermoplastic splints in eyelid skin graftingW L White
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:320-2. 2001..This technique in eyelid surgery may save operative time and be less expensive than traditional methods...
- Experience in upper eyelid reconstruction with the Cutler-Beard techniqueT Fischer
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, Kantonsspital, Aarau, Switzerland
Ann Plast Surg 47:338-42. 2001....
- [Oncological principles of surgery in the periorbital region]Olga Lukats
Semmelweis Egyetem, Szemészeti Klinika, 1083 Budapest, Tömö u 25 29, Hungary
Magy Onkol 49:47-52. 2005..Therefore, early diagnosis and total tumour removal--regardless of the anatomical borders--as well as immediate reconstruction are important in the treatment of eyelid tumours...
- Surgical reconstruction of the palpebral border: upper lid eyebrow--musculocutaneous island flapJorge O Guerrissi
Department of Plastic Surgery, Argerich Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1118-23. 2005
- Is it blepharitis?Peter G Swann
School of Optometry, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Clin Exp Optom 88:113-4. 2005..The patient described in this report was diagnosed with blepharitis and treated as such. However, the true cause of her difficulties was basal cell carcinoma. This condition is briefly reviewed...
- [Results of the Hughes operation]J Herde
Ophthalmologe 98:472-6. 2001..The results were quite satisfactory from a functional and aesthetic point of view. CONCLUSIONS: We recommend the operation method of Hughes for reconstruction of large defects of the eyelids of any reason...
- The maximal Hughes procedureA Maloof
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, United Kingdom
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:96-102. 2001....
- [Benign hair-follicle derived eyelids tumors in adults]E Mencía Gutiérrez
Hospital 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 77:605-10. 2002Benign eyelid neoplasms derived from hair follicles are frequently misdiagnosed, including pilomatricoma, trichoepithelioma, trichilemmoma, trichoblastoma and inverted follicular keratosis.
- Old World eyelid cutaneous leishmaniasis: a case reportEnrique Mencía-Gutiérrez
Department of Ophthalmology, 12 de Octubre Hospital, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Dermatol Online J 11:29. 2005..Apart from carcinomas, nodular lesions with central ulceration are rare on the eyelid. A single cutaneous lesion of leishmania (oriental sore) has to be considered in the differential diagnosis, along with malignant eyelid neoplasms.
- Primary mucinous carcinoma of eyelid: a rare clinical entityAshutosh Chauhan
Department of Oncosurgery, Army Hospital Research and Referral, Delhi, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:150-2. 2009..This case underscores the importance of considering this tumor in recalcitrant eyelid lesions and highlights the pathology of this tumor...
- [Differential eyelid tumor diagnosis. I]L Holbach
Augenklinik mit Poliklinik, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Schwabachanlage 6, 91054 Erlangen
Ophthalmologe 99:394-411; quiz 412-3. 2002
- Full-thickness reconstruction of the eyelid with rotation flap based on orbicularis oculi muscle and palatal mucosal graft: long-term results in 12 casesJunpei Miyamoto
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinanomachi 35, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:1389-94. 2009..Previously, we reported full-thickness eyelid reconstruction with a rotation flap based on the orbicularis oculi muscle and palatal mucosal graft. Here, we report long-term results in 12 cases...
- PEDIATRIC LOW VISIONWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Do strabismus and anisometropia affect different visual functions differentially? Is the combination of risk-factors more amblyogenic? ..
- The Effects of Prematurity on Visual DevelopmentWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..A comparison of head ultrasound and DTI findings will demonstrate whether DTI should replace ultrasound for the diagnosis of neurological injury in the newborn nursery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY TMT RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITY HEADQUARTER GRANTWILLIAM GOOD; Fiscal Year: 2008..Outcome will be determined at a 6 month post-term ophthalmologic examination and at a 9 month post-term visual assessment examination. ..