Genomes and Genes
Summary: Suspension or cessation of OVULATION in animals or humans with follicle-containing ovaries (OVARIAN FOLLICLE). Depending on the etiology, OVULATION may be induced with appropriate therapy.
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Follicle dynamics and anovulation in polycystic ovary syndromeStephen Franks
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Hum Reprod Update 14:367-78. 2008..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the commonest cause of anovulatory infertility and menstrual cycle abnormalities, but the factors responsible for failure to select a dominant follicle remain unclear...
- Chinese herbal medicine and clomiphene citrate for anovulation: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsCaylie J See
Acupuncture Kitchen, 2339 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Altern Complement Med 17:397-405. 2011..The study objective was to investigate the efficacy of Chinese herbal medicine for improving standard infertility treatments...
- Effect of anovulation factors on pre- and postmenopausal ovarian cancer risk: revisiting the incessant ovulation hypothesisKo Hui Tung
Cancer Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Am J Epidemiol 161:321-9. 2005..49) but not among postmenopausal women (odds ratio = 0.88) (p(interaction) = 0.006). Factors that induced anovulation, including oral contraceptives, pregnancy, and breastfeeding, were associated with a reduced risk of ovarian ..
- Does metformin modify ovarian responsiveness during exogenous FSH ovulation induction in normogonadotrophic anovulation? A placebo-controlled double-blind assessmentEvert J P van Santbrink
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 152:611-7. 2005..To assess whether the addition of metformin to gonadotrophin ovulation induction in insulin-resistant, normogonadotrophic, anovulatory women alters ovarian responsiveness to exogenous FSH...
- Cadmium, lead, and mercury in relation to reproductive hormones and anovulation in premenopausal womenAnna Z Pollack
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Epidemiology Branch, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:1156-61. 2011..Metals can interfere with hormonal functioning by binding at the receptor site and through indirect mechanisms; thus, they may be associated with hormonal changes in premenopausal women...
- Effect of daily fiber intake on reproductive function: the BioCycle StudyAudrey J Gaskins
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1061-9. 2009..The influence of fiber on aspects of reproduction, which include ovulation, has not been well studied in premenopausal women...
- Anovulation with or without PCO, hyperandrogenaemia and hyperinsulinaemia as promoters of endometrial and breast cancerSpyros Papaioannou
Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Heartlands Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 24:19-27. 2010..Whether they act in isolation or as expressions of the common background of the metabolic syndrome - in interaction with other components of this syndrome - is still the subject of research...
- AnovulationDiana Hamilton-Fairley
Guy s and St Thomas s NHS Trust
BMJ 327:546-9. 2003
- Does adding metformin to clomifene citrate lead to higher pregnancy rates in a subset of women with polycystic ovary syndrome?E Moll
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1109 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 23:1830-4. 2008..We wanted to assess whether there are specific subgroups of women with PCOS in whom clomifene citrate plus metformin leads to higher pregnancy rates...
- The influence of sporadic anovulation on hormone levels in ovulatory cyclesH L Hambridge
Epidemiology Branch, Division of Epidemiology, Statistics and Prevention Research, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, DHHS, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Hum Reprod 28:1687-94. 2013Do ovulatory hormone profiles among healthy premenopausal women differ between women with and without sporadic anovulation?
- Influence of exogenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone on ovarian function in beef cows after short- and long-term nutritionally induced anovulationT M Prado
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078 0425, USA
J Anim Sci 80:3268-76. 2002..After 4 (short; n = 12) or 18 wk (long; n = 12) of anovulation, cows were randomly assigned within anovulatory group to either 2 microg of GnRH treatment or saline (control; ..
- Ovulation induction in normogonadotropic anovulation (PCOS)Evert J P van Santbrink
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 20:261-70. 2006..Regarding CC and FSH ovulation induction, this has been performed using multivariate prediction models. This approach may enable us to improve safety, cost-effectiveness, and patient convenience in future ovulation induction...
- Efficacy of different gonadotropin combinations to support ovulation induction in WHO type I anovulation infertility: clinical evidences of human recombinant FSH/human recombinant LH in a 2:1 ratio and highly purified human menopausal gonadotropin stimulaD Carone
Center of Reproduction and Andrology CREA, Taranto, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 35:996-1002. 2012The World Helath Organization (WHO) Group I anovulation, or hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH), is characterized by reduced hypothalamic/pituitary activity which results in abnormally low serum FSH and LH levels and negligible estrogen ..
- Hyperprolactinemia-induced ovarian acyclicity is reversed by kisspeptin administrationCharlotte Sonigo
Inserm U693, Universite Paris Sud, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service d endocrinologie et des maladies de la reproduction, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
J Clin Invest 122:3791-5. 2012Hyperprolactinemia is the most common cause of hypogonadotropic anovulation and is one of the leading causes of infertility in women aged 25-34. Hyperprolactinemia has been proposed to block ovulation through inhibition of GnRH release...
- Anovulation and plasma hormone concentrations after administration of dexamethasone during the middle of the luteal phase in sows undergoing estrous cyclesS A Frautschy
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
Am J Vet Res 49:1270-5. 1988..Plasma was obtained at 15-minute intervals for 12 hours to compare the effect of treatment on hormone concentrations on day 12 of the estrous cycle with the values on day 8.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome--prognosis and outcomesRoger Hart
UWA School of Women s and Infants Health, University of Western Australia, King Edward Memorial Hospital, 374 Bagot Road, Subiaco, Perth, WA 6008, Australia
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:751-78. 2006....
- Clomifene citrate or low-dose FSH for the first-line treatment of infertile women with anovulation associated with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized multinational studyR Homburg
Reproductive Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 27:468-73. 2012..ovulation induction (OI) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) associated with infertility owing to anovulation. Low-dose FSH has been reserved for women failing to conceive with CC...
- Association of increased total antioxidant capacity and anovulation in nonobese infertile patients with clomiphene citrate-resistant polycystic ovary syndromeFatma Ferda Verit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Harran University, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Fertil Steril 88:418-24. 2007..To investigate whether total antioxidant capacity (TAC) could predict the response to ovulation induction to clomiphene citrate (CC) in nonobese women with polycystic ovary syndrome...
- Characteristics of different phenotypes of polycystic ovary syndrome based on the Rotterdam criteria in a large-scale Chinese populationH Y Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Hunan, China
BJOG 116:1633-9. 2009..To analyse the phenotypic spectrum of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and determine the association between metabolic, hormonal and new ultrasonographic criteria...
- High singleton live birth rate following classical ovulation induction in normogonadotrophic anovulatory infertility (WHO 2)Marinus J C Eijkemans
Center for Clinical Decision Sciences, Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 18:2357-62. 2003....
- Use of multivitamins, intake of B vitamins, and risk of ovulatory infertilityJorge E Chavarro
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Fertil Steril 89:668-76. 2008..To examine whether use of multivitamins and intake of specific nutrients in multivitamins is associated with ovulatory infertility...
- Using an electrocautery strategy or recombinant follicle stimulating hormone to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome: randomised controlled trialNeriman Bayram
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Academic Medical Centre, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 328:192. 2004..To compare the effectiveness of an electrocautery strategy with ovulation induction using recombinant follicle stimulating hormone in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome...
- Premature response to luteinizing hormone of granulosa cells from anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndrome: relevance to mechanism of anovulationD S Willis
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:3984-91. 1998Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common cause of anovulatory infertility. Anovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome is characterized by the failure of selection of a dominant follicle with arrest of follicle development at the 5-10 ..
- Does anovulation exist in eumenorrheic women?Christine E Malcolm
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 102:317-8. 2003To determine whether anovulation exists in normally menstruating women.
- Prediction of chances for success or complications in gonadotrophin ovulation induction in normogonadotrophic anovulatory infertilityAnnemarie G M G J Mulders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reprod Biomed Online 7:170-8. 2003..67). The individual treatment outcome following gonadotrophin induction of ovulation may be predicted by initial screening characteristics...
- Frequency of anovulation and early menopause among women enrolled in selected adult AIDS clinical trials group studiesR A Clark
HIV Outpatient Program, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Infect Dis 184:1325-7. 2001To obtain information on the prevalence of anovulation and early menopause and on pituitary-gonadal function among human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected women, a study was undertaken that used stored serum samples from women aged ..
- Ovulation induction with a starting dose of 50 IU of recombinant follicle stimulating hormone in WHO group II anovulatory women: the IO-50 study, a prospective, observational, multicentre, open trialJoaquim Calaf Alsina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
BJOG 110:1072-7. 2003..To assess the efficacy and safety in clinical practice of a low dose regimen of 50 IU of recombinant follicle stimulating hormone in induction of ovulation...
- Chronic ultra-low dose follicle-stimulating hormone regimen for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome: one click, one follicle, one pregnancyRaoul Orvieto
Danielli Medical Center, Givataim, Israel
Fertil Steril 91:1533-5. 2009....
- Routine Chlamydia antibody testing is of limited use in subfertile women with anovulationE A A van Tetering
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Maxima Medical Center, PO Box 7777, 5500MB, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Reprod Biomed Online 14:322-7. 2007..In subfertile couples with anovulation, the performance of CAT is not useful...
- Additive effects of insulin-sensitizing and anti-androgen treatment in young, nonobese women with hyperinsulinism, hyperandrogenism, dyslipidemia, and anovulationLourdes Ibanez
Endocrinology Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, Passeig de Sant Joan de Déu 2, 08950 Esplugues, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2870-4. 2002..hallmarks of polycystic ovary syndrome are hyperinsulinism, hyperandrogenism, dyslipidemia, and anovulation. We hypothesized that dyslipidemia and anovulation in nonobese women with polycystic ovary syndrome are ..
- Infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: focus on low-dose gonadotropin treatmentAnwen Gorry
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN, UK
Endocrine 30:27-33. 2006Polycystic ovary syndrome accounts for more than 75% of cases of anovulatory infertility. The mechanism of anovulation is uncertain but there is evidence that arrested antral follicle development is associated with the abnormal endocrine ..
- New approach to polycystic ovary syndrome and other forms of anovulatory infertilityJoop S E Laven
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Clinical Decision Sciences, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol Surv 57:755-67. 2002b>Anovulation can be classified in the clinic on the basis of serum hormone assays...
- Plasma proinsulin, C-peptide and sex hormone concentrations in regularly menstruating premenopausal females with ovulatory and anovulatory menstrual cyclesG Lutoslawska
Department of Biochemistry, Academy of Physical Education, Warsaw, Poland
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 46:138-42. 2006..However, the relationship between circulating beta islet and ovarian hormones in regularly menstruating active women with ovulatory and anovulatory menstrual cycle has not been studied...
- Idiopathic hirsutism: an uncommon cause of hirsutism in AlabamaR Azziz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233 7333, USA
Fertil Steril 70:274-8. 1998..To determine the prevalence of idiopathic hirsutism among a population of consecutive hirsute patients...
- Anovulation after precocious pubarche: early markers and time course in adolescenceL Ibanez
Endocrinology Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:2691-5. 1999..In conclusion, these findings indicate that girls with PP are at increased risk for anovulation from late (not early) adolescence onward, particularly those girls with a low weight at birth and/or a high 17-..
- Clomiphene citrate versus metformin as first-line approach for the treatment of anovulation in infertile patients with polycystic ovary syndromeStefano Palomba
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Via Pio X, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3498-503. 2007..Clomiphene citrate (CC) and metformin are two effective drugs used to induce ovulation in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), even if it is still unclear which compound between them should be initially administered...
- Anovulation in eumenorrheic, nonobese adolescent girls born small for gestational age: insulin sensitization induces ovulation, increases lean body mass, and reduces abdominal fat excess, dyslipidemia, and subclinical hyperandrogenismLourdes Ibanez
Endocrinology Unit, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, University of Barcelona, 08950 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5702-5. 2002Adolescent girls born small for gestational age (SGA) are at risk for anovulation, hyperinsulinism, subclinical hyperandrogenism, dyslipidemia, and central adiposity...
- Patient predictors for outcome of gonadotrophin ovulation induction in women with normogonadotrophic anovulatory infertility: a meta-analysisAnnemarie G M G J Mulders
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 9:429-49. 2003..In conclusion, the best available evidence, though limited, suggests that the most clinically useful predictors of gonadotrophin ovulation induction outcome in normogonadotrophic women are obesity and insulin resistance...
- The influence of body weight on response to ovulation induction with gonadotrophins in 335 women with World Health Organization group II anovulatory infertilityA H Balen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
BJOG 113:1195-202. 2006..To assess the influence of body weight on the outcome of ovulation induction in women with World Health Organization (WHO) group II anovulatory infertility...
- The effectiveness and safety of recombinant human LH to support follicular development induced by recombinant human FSH in WHO group I anovulation: evidence from a multicentre study in SpainS Burgués
Laboratorios Serono S A, C María de Molina, 40, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Hum Reprod 16:2525-32. 2001..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of rLH combined with recombinant FSH (rFSH) to induce follicular development and ovulation in World Health Organization (WHO) group I anovulatory women...
- Use of micro-dose human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) after clomiphene citrate (CC) to complete folliculogenesis in previous CC-resistant anovulationEmmett F Branigan
Bellinghan IVF and Infertitility Center, WA 98225, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1890-4; discussion 1894-6. 2005....
- Serum concentrations of enclomiphene and zuclomiphene across consecutive cycles of clomiphene citrate therapy in anovulatory infertile womenS L Young
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 77555 0587, USA
Fertil Steril 71:639-44. 1999..To determine the serum concentrations of enclomiphene and zuclomiphene across consecutive cycles of clomiphene citrate treatment in anovulatory infertile women...
- The use of a decremental dose regimen in patients treated with a chronic low-dose step-up protocol for WHO Group II anovulation: a prospective randomized multicentre studyJ N Hugues
Reproductive Medicine Unit, Jean Verdier Hospital, University Paris XIII, Paris, France
Hum Reprod 21:2817-22. 2006In women with chronic anovulation, the choice of the FSH starting dose and the modality of subsequent dose adjustments are critical in controlling the risk of overstimulation...
- The administration of cortisone to female B6A mice during their immune adaptive period causes anovulation and the formation of ovarian cystsJohn C Chapman
Department of Biological Sciences, Binghamton University, NY 13902 6000, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 48:184-9. 2002....
- Does meloxicam increase the incidence of anovulation induced by single administration of levonorgestrel in emergency contraception? A pilot studyM R Massai
Instituto Chileno de Medicina Reproductiva ICMER, Santiago, Chile
Hum Reprod 22:434-9. 2007....
- Balancing ovulation and anovulation: integration of the reproductive and energy balance axes by neuropeptidesJ J Evans
Centre for Neuroendocrinology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Hum Reprod Update 18:313-32. 2012..It is becoming clear that there are both direct and indirect pathways acting on GnRH neurones...
- Changes in anti-Müllerian hormone serum concentrations over time suggest delayed ovarian ageing in normogonadotrophic anovulatory infertilityAnnemarie G M G J Mulders
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 19:2036-42. 2004..whether the decrease in AMH serum concentrations over time is different comparing women with normogonadotrophic anovulation [World Health Organization (WHO) group 2 (including polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)] and normo-ovulatory ..
- Improved monofollicular ovulation in anovulatory or oligo-ovulatory women after a low-dose step-up protocol with weekly increments of 25 international units of follicle-stimulating hormoneA Leader
The Ottawa Fertility Centre, Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 85:1766-73. 2006..To compare the effectiveness and efficiency of two low-dose step-up protocols for ovulation induction in women with anovulatory infertility (World Health Organization group II)...
- The subcutaneous abdominal fat and not the intraabdominal fat compartment is associated with anovulation in women with obesity and infertilityWalter K H Kuchenbecker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2107-12. 2010Abdominal fat contributes to anovulation.
- Effects of dopamine d2 receptor agonists in a pituitary transplantation-induced hyperprolactinaemia/anovulation model in ratsM Moro
Pharmacological Laboratories, Kissei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, 4365-1 Kashiwabara, Hotaka-machi, Minamiazumi-gun, Nagano 399-8304, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 28:651-8. 2001..Moreover, these rats showed persistent dioestrous and anovulation from 3 to 6 days after transplantation. 3. A single oral administration of cabergoline (at doses between 0...
- Comparison of clinical and laboratory characteristics of cases with polycystic ovarian syndrome based on Rotterdam's criteria and women whose only clinical signs are oligo/anovulation or hirsutismH Hassa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eskisehir Osmangazi University School of Medicine, Meselik Kampusu, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:227-32. 2006..clinical profiles of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or non-PCOS cases whose only admission signs were oligo/anovulation or hirsutism...
- Changes in serum anti-mullerian hormone level during low-dose recombinant follicular-stimulating hormone therapy for anovulation in polycystic ovary syndromeSophie Catteau-Jonard
Department of Endocrine Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, avenue Eugene Avinee, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, 59037 Lille, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4138-43. 2007....
- The diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome: the criteria are insufficiently robust for clinical researchJulian H Barth
Departments of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 67:811-5. 2007..We propose specific criteria that would answer the criticisms that we have raised...
- PCOS according to the Rotterdam consensus criteria: Change in prevalence among WHO-II anovulation and association with metabolic factorsF J Broekmans
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BJOG 113:1210-7. 2006..versus the previous criteria as formulated by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) (NIH-PCOS) in women with normogonadotropic (WHO-II) anovulation and assess the frequency of obesity and related factors determined in these women.
- A pharmacokinetic and endocrine comparison of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and human menopausal gonadotrophin in polycystic ovary syndromeJ Balasch
Institut Clinic of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, Faculty of Medicine University of Barcelona, Hospital Clínic Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Reprod Biomed Online 6:296-301. 2003..It is concluded that both LH and FSH concentrations significantly accumulate in the urine of PCOS patients receiving HMG for ovulation induction in a chronic low-dose protocol as compared with rhFSH treatment...
- Clinical evidence for an LH 'ceiling' effect induced by administration of recombinant human LH during the late follicular phase of stimulated cycles in World Health Organization type I and type II anovulationErnest Loumaye
Serono International, Reproductive Health Clinical Development Unit, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Reprod 18:314-22. 2003..The objective of these studies was to test the hypothesis that over-dosing with recombinant human LH (rLH) during the late follicular phase would suppress the development of follicles...
- Prediction of the individual follicle-stimulating hormone threshold for gonadotropin induction of ovulation in normogonadotropic anovulatory infertility: an approach to increase safety and efficiencyBabak Imani
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 77:83-90. 2002..To predict the FSH response (threshold) dose in normogonadotropic, anovulatory infertile women undergoing gonadotropin induction of ovulation...
- Similar ovulation rates, but different follicular development with highly purified menotrophin compared with recombinant FSH in WHO Group II anovulatory infertility: a randomized controlled studyPeter Platteau
Center for Reproductive Medicine of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium, and Rigshospitalet, Fertility Clinic, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 21:1798-804. 2006..The objective of this study was to demonstrate non-inferiority of highly purified urinary menotrophin (HP-HMG) versus recombinant FSH (rFSH) with respect to the primary outcome measure, ovulation rate...
- Anovulation in cyclooxygenase-2-deficient mice is restored by prostaglandin E2 and interleukin-1betaB J Davis
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Endocrinology 140:2685-95. 1999....
- Transgenic mice with chronically elevated luteinizing hormone are infertile due to anovulation, defects in uterine receptivity, and midgestation pregnancy failureR J Mann
Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4965, USA
Endocrinology 140:2592-601. 1999..cystic, and hemorrhagic ovaries; elevated testosterone:estradiol ratios; and infertility primarily due to anovulation. Here we show that anovulation can be reversed in transgenics and that, despite development within a ..
- Polycystic ovaries are common in women with hyperandrogenic chronic anovulation but do not predict metabolic or reproductive phenotypeRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, P O Box 850, 500 University Drive, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2571-9. 2005Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a heterogeneous disorder of unexplained hyperandrogenic chronic anovulation. Experts have recommended including the morphology and volume of the ovary in the diagnostic criteria for PCOS...
- Pretreatment with oral contraceptives in infertile anovulatory patients with polycystic ovary syndrome who receive gonadotropins for controlled ovarian stimulationStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Fertil Steril 89:1838-42. 2008..No effect was observed in rates of cycle cancellation, pregnancy, abortion, live birth, multiple pregnancies, and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome...
- Managing anovulatory infertility and polycystic ovary syndromeAdam H Balen
Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds LS2 9NS
BMJ 335:663-6. 2007
- Ovarian interstitial YAG-laser: an effective new method to manage anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndromeWenjie Zhu
Department of Reproductive Health, ShenZhen Maternity and Child Healthcare Hospital, Shenzhen, China
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:458-63. 2006..This study was undertaken to assess the effectiveness of transvaginal ultrasound-guided ovarian interstitial laser-coagulation treatment in anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome and female reproductionEbtisam Elghblawi
Department of Dermatology, Bir Usta Milad Hospital, Tajoura, Libya
Br J Nurs 16:1118-21. 2007..defined by the 2003 Rotterdam criteria, which requires at least two of three features for diagnosis--chronic anovulation, clinical and/or biochemical signs of hyperandrogenism, or polycystic ovaries...
- Ovulatory disorders and infertilityBulent Urman
Assisted Reproduction Unit, American Hospital of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 51:267-82. 2006..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common cause of oligoovulation and anovulation. Treatment of infertility associated with PCOS has changed in the last decade due to the introduction of new ..
- Hyperandrogenemia: pathophysiology and its role in ovulatory dysfunction in PCOSEvanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis
Endocrine Section, First Department of Internal Medicine, Laiko Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 3:198-204. 2006..discuss the impact of hyperandrogenemia on the normal ovary as well as its potential role and contribution to anovulation and infertility...
- Ovulation induction in polycystic ovary syndromeS Nader
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Minerva Ginecol 60:53-61. 2008..The use of aromatase inhibitors and the occasional use of glucocorticoids are briefly reviewed. Finally, the role of laparoscopic ovarian diathermy in the management of anovulatory infertility in PCOS is outlined...
- Postoperative endocrine alterations and clinical outcome of infertile women with polycystic ovary syndrome after transvaginal hydrolaparoscopic ovarian drillingHiroaki Shibahara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Fertil Steril 85:244-6. 2006..Postoperative endocrinological alterations following THLOD show significant decrease of serum LH and testosterone concentrations...
- Pregnancy considerations in women with polycystic ovary syndromeRichard S Legro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Penn State College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:295-304. 2007..There are few data to support treatment during pregnancy with metformin in women with PCOS to prevent pregnancy loss or pregnancy complications...
- Drugs for anovulatory infertility in polycystic ovary syndromeHesham Al-Inany
BMJ 332:1461-2. 2006
- Clomiphene citrate: an old favourite lives onTimothy Rowe
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:617-21. 2007
- Ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndromeShahla Nader
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:438-9. 2007
- What is the best first-step therapeutic approach in treating anovulatory infertility in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome? Questions that are still unansweredStefano Palomba
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:245-7. 2007
- [Ovulation induction in anovulatory women]A La Marca
Sezione di Ginecologia e Ostetricia, Dipartimento Materno Infantile, Universita degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 58:489-97. 2006..In ovulation induction therapy the clinician's attention should be directed at restoring normal ovary function. When pharmacotherapy is required, monofollicular growth should be induced to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy...
- A reappraisal of the role of polycystic ovary syndrome in recurrent miscarriageKaren A Cocksedge
Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield, S10 2SF, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 17:151-60. 2008..There is some evidence to suggest that weight loss, ovarian drilling and metformin could help to reduce the rate of miscarriage...
- Bilateral anterior uveitis associated with clomiphene citrateThomas D Myers
Casey Eye Institute, 3375 SW Terwilliger Blvd, Portland, OR 97239 4197, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 16:23-4. 2008..To report a case of bilateral anterior uveitis associated with ovulation induction therapy using clomiphene citrate...
- Effect of laparoscopic ovarian diathermy on circulating inhibin B in women with anovulatory polycystic ovary syndromeM L Hendriks
Hum Reprod 22:2073; author reply 2073-4. 2007
- Ovulation disorders: Part II. Anovulation associated with normal estrogenJ H Check
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 34:69-72. 2007..To present various types of anovulatory states associated with normal estrogen and various treatment options...
- Oligoanovulation with polycystic ovaries but not overt hyperandrogenismDidier Dewailly
Department of Endocrine Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, 59037 Lille, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3922-7. 2006..However, the latter phenotype is controversial, and it is not known to what extent it shares similarities with the others...
- [Features of morphometry of ultrasound and endometrial histology in the anovulatory polycystic ovary syndrome women]Er hong Zhang
Department of Assisted Reproductive Technique Center, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 41:380-3. 2006..To investigate the relationship between ultrasonographic features of endometrium and the relation of histological staging of the endometrium and sexual hormone levels in anovulatory polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) women...
- Ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndromeStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Fertil Steril 86:S26-7. 2006..Metformin alone or combined with CC is a valid second step approach, whereas the laparoscopic ovarian diathermy can be useful only in selected cases...
- Therapeutic strategies for ovulation induction in infertile women with polycystic ovary syndromeFrancesca Cristello
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, S Chiara Hospital, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 21:340-52. 2005..The syndrome is often accompanied by infertility because of anovulation. Many approaches have been proposed to solve this problem, with the most commonly used therapies being ovarian ..
- Minireview: Up-date management of non responder to clomiphene citrate in polycystic ovary syndromeMagdy Amin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, South Valley University, Sohag Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
Kobe J Med Sci 49:59-73. 2003Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a heterogeneous disorder in which chronic anovulation is a common feature despite the presence of multiple micro- structures in the ovaries...
- Pharmacodynamics of a single low dose of long-acting recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH-carboxy terminal peptide, corifollitropin alfa) in women with World Health Organization group II anovulatory infertilityA H Balen
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Leeds General Infirmary, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:6297-304. 2004..Thus, a single low dose of long-acting FSH-CTP was able to induce one or more follicles to grow up to ovulatory sizes, but the anovulatory status was not reversed because the incidence of subsequent (mono)ovulations was low...
- Steroid receptor coactivator expression throughout the menstrual cycle in normal and abnormal endometriumChristopher W Gregory
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2960-6. 2002..Based on these findings, we suggest a possible mechanism to explain the poor reproductive performance observed in PCOS and the increased incidence of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer noted in this group of women...
- Impaired insulin-dependent glucose metabolism in granulosa-lutein cells from anovulatory women with polycystic ovariesS Rice
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Imperial College London, London
Hum Reprod 20:373-81. 2005..The hypothesis to be tested in this study is that insulin resistance in the ovary is confined to the metabolic effects of insulin (i.e. glucose uptake and metabolism), whereas the steroidogenic action of insulin remains intact...
- Review of nonsurgical and surgical treatment and the role of insulin-sensitizing agents in the management of infertile women with polycystic ovary syndromeAhmed M Saleh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology and IVF, King Fahad National Guard Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:614-21. 2004..To review the nonsurgical and surgical treatment and the role of insulin-sensitizing agents in the management of anovulatory infertile women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- FSH response-dose can be predicted in ovulation induction for normogonadotropic anovulatory infertilityEvert J P van Santbrink
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, GD, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 147:223-6. 2002..To evaluate the ability of a prediction model to identify the individual starting dose of FSH for ovulation induction using a step-down regimen...
- Advances in polycystic ovary syndrome treatment: metformin and ovarian diathermyCatherine Leclair
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 2:333-7. 2002..The symptoms of the syndrome are chronic anovulation and androgen excess. Infertility due to ovulatory dysfunction is a common problem for women with PCOS...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with polycystic ovary syndrome after laparoscopic ovarian drilling: endocrine and ultrasonographic outcomesS A K S Amer
Jessop Wing, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, University of Sheffield, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 17:2851-7. 2002..There is considerable controversy as to how long the beneficial effects of laparoscopic ovarian drilling (LOD) last. This follow-up study was undertaken to investigate the long-term effects of LOD...
- [Clinical observation on treatment of Stein-Leventhal syndrome caused sterility by combined use of clomiphene and Chinese nourishing shen and activating blood circulation drugs]Rui yun Shao
Affiliated Hospital of Weifang Medical College, Shandong 261031
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 24:41-3. 2004..To observe the efficacy of combination therapy of clomiphene and Chinese drugs for nourishing Shen and activating blood circulation (NSABC) in treating Stein-Leventhal syndrome caused sterility...
- Anti-Müllerian hormone serum concentrations in normoovulatory and anovulatory women of reproductive ageJoop S E Laven
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:318-23. 2004..A less pronounced AMH decrease over time in these women may suggest retarded ovarian aging. The latter hypothesis, however, should be confirmed by longitudinal studies...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome treated with laparoscopic ovarian drilling with a harmonic scalpel. A prospective, randomized studyShigeto Takeuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, Japan
J Reprod Med 47:816-20. 2002..To evaluate the endocrinologic profile and reproductive outcome after laparoscopic drilling using a harmonic scalpel for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) in clomiphene-resistant infertile women...
- Anovulatory infertility: a report of four cases and literature reviewM Anate
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin
Niger J Med 10:85-90. 2001..After the appropriate treatment, ovulatory menses were restored in all the patients; two have been pregnant, while the other two have not yet achieved pregnancy but have having regular ovulatory menses. All the patients are Nigerians...
- Transvaginal hydrolaparoscopic ovarian drilling using bipolar electrosurgery to treat anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndromeAlessandro Casa
S Pietro Fatebenefratelli Hospital, and Department of Gynecologic Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:219-22. 2003..To verify the value, feasibility, and reliability of transvaginal hydrolaparoscopic ovarian drilling using the bipolar VersaPoint system to treat clomiphene-resistant, anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndrome...
- A randomized clinical trial of treatment of clomiphene citrate-resistant anovulation with the use of oral contraceptive pill suppression and repeat clomiphene citrate treatmentEmmett F Branigan
Bellingham In Vitro Fertilization and Infertility Center, WA 98225, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1424-8; discussion 1429-30. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness and endocrine response of oral contraceptive ovarian suppression followed by clomiphene citrate in patients who previously were clomiphene citrate resistant...
- Does ovarian blood flow distinguish between ovulatory and anovulatory patients with polycystic ovary syndrome?Enrico Carmina
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1283-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine whether parameters of ovarian blood flow distinguish between women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) who ovulate and those who are anovulatory...
- Management of anovulatory infertility associated with polycystic ovary syndrome: tamoxifen citrate an effective alternative compound to clomiphene citrateL G Nardo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Frimley Park Hospital, Camberley corrected UK
Gynecol Endocrinol 19:235-8. 2004..Collectively, these data demonstrate that TMX is a safe and effective agent, and a suitable alternative to CC for anovulatory infertility in women with PCOS...
- Evaluation of a new surgical approach for the treatment of clomiphene citrate-resistant infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome: laparoscopic ovarian multi-needle interventionHakan Kaya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:355-8. 2005..It seems to preserve the beneficial effects and probably omits unwanted effects (such as adhesion formation) of LOD...
- Prospective parallel randomized, double-blind, double-dummy controlled clinical trial comparing clomiphene citrate and metformin as the first-line treatment for ovulation induction in nonobese anovulatory women with polycystic ovary syndromeStefano Palomba
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Magna Graecia of Catanzar, Via Nicolardi 188, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4068-74. 2005Although metformin has been shown to be effective in the treatment of anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), clomiphene citrate (CC) is still considered to be the first-line drug to induce ovulation in these patients.
- Simultaneous Insulin and Leptin Signaling in POMC Neurons Promotes Fertility andLATRICE DOREEN FAULKNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..PCOS) is the most frequent endocrine disorder seen in reproductive-aged women and is characterized by chronic anovulation, infertility, insulin resistance, and hyperandrogenism...
- Progesterone's Role in Pubertal Maturation in Normal and Hyperandrogenemic AdolesJESSICAH S P COLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2011..PCOS) is a common disorder affecting 7% of reproductive age women marked by elevated androgen levels, oligo-anovulation, and polycystic ovarian morphology...
- Preconception Nutrition, Endocrine Disruptors, Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..to DDT/DDE and reproductive outcomes, including (1) hormone dysfunction: reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP);(2) menstrual disorders;(3) infertility;(4) ..
- Role of mineralocorticoid receptor in primate ovarian functionCHARLES CHAFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is expected that antagonism of MR in vivo will prevent the critical rise in progesterone, leading to anovulation and incomplete luteal formation...
- Vervet Monkey: Modeling Effects of Diet-Induced Obesity on ReproductionAlex Joel Polotsky; Fiscal Year: 2011..Obesity is associated with diminished reproductive performance as manifested by menstrual cycle irregularities, anovulation and a higher risk of obstetrical complications...
- Mechanism of Metformin Action in Normal and PCOS Theca CellsJan M McAllister; Fiscal Year: 2012..for young women with type 2 diabetes and is becoming prevalent for the treatment of hyperandrogenism and anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Ovarian Androgen Production and Control of Follicular FuntionK M JAIRAM MENON; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells and the subsequent impairment of the growth and development of ovarian follicles resulting in anovulation. Ovarian hyperandrogenism has been recognized as a major causative factor for anovulation...
- Clinical and Basic Studies in Polycystic Ovarian SyndromeJohn C Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2013..is appropriate to the goals of the Cooperative Centers Program, in that present therapeutic approaches to the anovulation and metabolic abnormalities in the disorder are of limited efficacy, and importantly, the basic mechanisms ..
- A Structural &Functional Study of the Upper Airway in Adolescent Girls with PCOSDavid M Wootton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Diagnosis requires two of the following three symptoms 1) oligo- or anovulation, 2) clinical and/or biochemical signs of excess androgens, or 3) polycystic ovaries...
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..and irregular menstruation); (3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, ..
- Rosiglitazone and Clomiphene for Ovulation InductionNicholas Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2002..PCOS is a disorder affecting about 5% of women of reproductive age, characterized by anovulation with loss of menstrual cyclicity and hyperandrogenism, often resulting in hirsutism or acne...
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF PUBERTYHELEN I ANSON; Fiscal Year: 1993..other physiological conditions in which the reproductive system is less active due to metabolic perturbations, such as during extensive exercise, postpartum anovulation, or during metaboliC disease states, for example, anorexia nervosa.
- Paracrine dysregulation of oocyte competence in PCOSDANIEL DUMESIC; Fiscal Year: 2006Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in women is characterized by anovulation, LH hypersecretion, hyperandrogenism and insulin resistance...
- Coupling of D-chiro-inositol to insulin in PCOS womenMARIA IUORNO; Fiscal Year: 2004Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is characterized by hyperandrogenism and chronic anovulation and it is the most common form of female infertility in the U.S...
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..that exposure to DDE is associated with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced ..
- Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary SyndromeJoan Lo; Fiscal Year: 2009..Clinical features of PCOS include chronic anovulation, androgen excess, and polycystic ovaries, with insulin resistance considered a central factor...
- RISK OF CHD IN WOMEN WITH POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMEEvelyn Talbott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract) Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), characterized by chronic anovulation, hyperandrogenism, and insulin resistance, is estimated to affect four percent to eight percent of all women...
- Combination metformin and oral contraceptive for PCOSPAULINA ESSAH; Fiscal Year: 2006..PCOS is classically characterized by hyperandrogenism and chronic anovulation, but it has become apparent that insulin resistance plays a central role in its pathogenesis...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND OVARIAN FUNCTIONBarbara Sternfeld; Fiscal Year: 2001..in ovarian function, including oligo/amenorrhea, shortened luteal phase, lengthened follicular phase, anovulation, and decreased progesterone and estrogen...
- ROSIGLITAZONE IN POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMENicholas Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2002..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder affecting about 5% of reproductive-age women characterized by anovulation and excess production of androgens by the ovary...
- A novel model of reproductive and metabolic features of polycystic ovary syndromeRomana A Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2010..include hyperandrogenemia, abnormal theca cell androgen production, altered LH:FSH ratios, cystic ovaries and anovulation. Metabolic parameters include dyslipidemia, glucose intolerance, hyperinsulinemia, and specific alterations in ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HFSH/B GENE REGULATIONKATHRYN SCHUFF; Fiscal Year: 2000..In Specific Aim Two, the importance of beta-endorphin in mediating stress-induced anovulation will be evaluated in physiologic experiments using beta-endorphin knockout mice...
- ALCOHOL AND THE MENSTRUAL CYCLE: BIOBEHAVIORAL STUDIESNANCY MELLO; Fiscal Year: 1993..A broad spectrum of reproductive system disorders (e.g. amenorrhea, anovulation, luteal phase dysfunction, ovarian pathology, and hyperprolactinemia) are associated with alcohol abuse and the ..
- NEUROENDOCRINOLOGY OF PUBERTYDouglas Foster; Fiscal Year: 2004..These include dietary malnutrition from eating disorders; during high-energy expenditure, as in exercise- induced amenorrhea and lactational anovulation; during type 1-diabetes- induced infertility.
- ORGANOCHLORINE COMPOUNDS AND MENSTRUAL CYCLE FUNCTIONGayle Windham; Fiscal Year: 1999..g. cycle length) and dichotomous "abnormalities" (e.g. short luteal phase or anovulation)...
- CHRONIC ANOVULATORY HYPERANDROGENISM: SORTING GENOTYPESSelma Witchel; Fiscal Year: 2001..is a common heterogeneous disorder of unknown etiology characterized by hirsutism, oligo/amenorrhea, anovulation, infertility, acne, hyperandrogenism, increased LH/FSH ratio, and insulin resistance...
- OOCYTE COMPETENCY IN PRENATALLY ANDROGENIZED ANIMALSDANIEL DUMESIC; Fiscal Year: 2000..serve as a model for PCOS because they demonstrate LH hypersecretion, hyperandrogenism, hyperinsulinemia and anovulation. The Specific Aims of the proposal are to determine whether meiotic and developmental competence are impaired ..
- MBRS SCORE AT NEW MEXICO HIGHLANDS UNIVERSITYCHERYLE HORNE; Fiscal Year: 2003..from "Photosensitization and Photoprotection in Model Visual Systems" to "Factors that Maintain Postpartum Anovulation." The present application includes five subprojects that are competitive renewals and two subprojects that are ..
- FERTILITY DRUGS AND OVARIAN CANCERMary Croughan; Fiscal Year: 1999..to formulation, dose, and duration of OIAs as well as among subgroups defined by infertility etiology, parity, anovulation, and demographic characteristics...
- INOSITOL GLYCAN MEDIATORS IN POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMEGeoffrey Allan; Fiscal Year: 1999..PCOS is characterized by hyperandrogenism and anovulation, and is the primary cause of female infertility in the United States...
- Inflammation: Effect on Insulin Resistance in PCOSFrank Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2007..The chronic anovulation and hyperandrogenism characteristic of PCOS is promulgated by insulin resistance and the resultant ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL OF OVULATIONLAWRENCE MORIN; Fiscal Year: 1990Short photoperiod, prolonged cold exposure, lactation and food deprivation all produce anovulation in the female hamster...
- ADRENAL AXIS AND THE REPRODUCTIVE PROCESSMichel Ferin; Fiscal Year: 2004..that results in amenorrhea, the defining symptom of the established clinical functional hypothalamic chronic anovulation syndrome...
- Transdermal GnRH Delivery System to Treat InfertilityKenneth Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..One of the most common causes of female infertility is anovulation, or the inability to stimulate and release an egg from the ovary...
- Neuroendocrine mediation of socially induced anovulationMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Termed functional hypothalamic chronic anovulation (FHCA), this syndrome is a reversible form of ovarian failure in which cognitive responses to life events ..
- Environmental Toxins Disrupt Ovarian Circadian RhythmsShelley Tischkau; Fiscal Year: 2005..A common cause of infertility, which affects ~10-15% of individuals, is anovulation resulting from menstrual cycle irregularities...
- METHOD OF SCREENING FOR OVULATORY DISORDERSRANJIT FERNANDO; Fiscal Year: 1990Although many techniques for detecting ovulation are now available, a simple-screening tool for detecting either anovulation or other ovulation disorders in not available...
- GENETICS OF FAMILIAL POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2000..its etiology is unknown, and no consensus exists for its definition other than hyperandrogenic chronic anovulation. Previous studies have shown a strong familial tendency for PCOS...
- SEXUAL DIFFERENTIATION OF BEHAVIOR AND LH SECRETIONDEBORAH OLSTER; Fiscal Year: 1992..a loss of responsiveness to steroid hormones, as it progresses from a state of estrous cyclicity to one of anovulation. A novel steroid hormone regimen, capable of inducing progesterone-facilitated lordosis in gonadectomized males ..
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in Overweight AdolescentsKathleen Hoeger; Fiscal Year: 2003Polycystic Overy Syndrome (PCOS) is a broad-spectrum disease characterized by chronic anovulation and androgen excess, affecting 4-8% of women...
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN PCOS--SEQUELAE AND TREATMENTRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2005..tolerance and other metabolic markers in PCOS women with an improvement in reproductive abnormalities such as anovulation and hyperandrogenemia...
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- FREE PLASMA SEX HORMONE AND ANDROGEN ACTIONRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- The Molecular Basis of Ovarian Testosterone ProductionRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract) Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a poorly understood syndrome of chronic hyperandrogenism and anovulation which appears to be due to dysregulation of steroidogenesis resulting in a high level of serum testosterone...
- Molecular Defects of Insulin Signaling in PCOSRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Long term, these studies have the potential of eventually elucidating the etiologic mechanism(s) in some, or most, patients; helping to develop targeted therapies; and guiding the search for molecular markers for PCOS. ..
- Granulosa Cell Function in Polycystic Ovary SyndromeR Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..A cardinal feature of this disorder is chronic anovulation, which is manifest clinically by irregular menstrual bleeding and is the primary cause for infertility in these ..
- Natl Phys Coop to Preserve Fertility for Female Cancer PatientsR Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Restoration of fertility and other ovarian functions would substantially improve the quality of life for these women. ..
- ANDROGEN EXCESS DISORDERRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The institution has committed to releasing the Candidate from other duties in order for him to dedicate at least 50% of his time to the research and mentoring activities. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF FUNCTIONAL HYPOTHALAMIC AMENORRHEASarah Berga; Fiscal Year: 2001..We expect that the results of this proposal will lead directly to the PA-91-lOO objective of developing a "psychosocial intervention for infertility." ..
- Serum Markers of Breast /Ovarian Cancer RiskFrancesmary Modugno; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also expect to identify additional related research questions, which we anticipate studying further in a multi-center, collaborative fashion within the various arms of the WHI. ..
- U of R Human Subjects Collaborative Research EnhancementDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2003..This can be viewed as the first steps in the development of an interoperative clinical research network as envisioned within the NIH Strategic Plan. ..
- REPRODUCTIVE PHYSIOLOGY OF OVARIAN FAILURENanette Santoro; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim 3 will test the hypothesis that perimenopausal anovulation is caused by LH surge failure secondary to supraphysiologic estradiol stimulation...
- INTRAGONADOTROPE PATHWAYS REGULATING GENE TRANSCRIPTIONJohn C Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, understanding the mechanisms of GnRH and steroid actions at the gonadotrope are essential to evolving effective methods to restore normal LH and FSH expression/secretion and treating human infertility. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR CORRELATED SUBSTANCE USE DATAHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hormones, DNA Repair, BRCA1/2 and Ovarian Cancer Preven*Francesmary Modugno; Fiscal Year: 2003..The expertise and data we will collect will promote future innovative research into understanding ovarian cancer. ..
- A Comprehensive Analysis of Genetic Variation in DNA Repair Genes in Relation toChristopher Haiman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to accurately identify high-risk sub-groups may have profound implications on endometrial cancer prevention as well as advance research aimed at targeted drug development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant SmokersKathryn Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, the study results have immediate potential to inform clinical recommendations for integrating nicotine replacement into prenatal care. ..
- Methodological Research on Substance UseHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..