Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the OVARY.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Expression of hepatocyte nuclear factor-1beta (HNF-1beta) in clear cell tumors and endometriosis of the ovaryNoriko Kato
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Mod Pathol 19:83-9. 2006....
- Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in estrogen receptor (ER) Null mice reveals hypergonadism and endocrine sex reversal in females lacking ERalpha but not ERbetaJohn F Couse
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, MD B3 02, P O Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:1039-53. 2003..The subsequent hypergonadism is illustrated as increased Cyp17, Cyp19, Hsd17b1, and ectopic Hsd17b3 expression in the ovary...
- Genome-wide microarray gene expression, array-CGH analysis, and telomerase activity in advanced ovarian endometriosis: a high degree of differentiation rather than malignant potentialMenelaos Zafrakas
Heinrich Pette Institute for Experimental Virology and Immunology, University of Hamburg, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Int J Mol Med 21:335-44. 2008..In conclusion, these data suggest that advanced ovarian endometriosis represents a highly differentiated tissue with minimal or no malignant potential...
- A cross-study gene set enrichment analysis identifies critical pathways in endometriosisHongbo Zhao
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, PR China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:94. 2009..Some of the observed pathways are more inconsistent between the studies, and these candidate pathways presumably only represent a fraction of the pathways involved in endometriosis...
- A case of ovarian sarcoidosis mimicking malignancyK Karmaniolas
Department of Internal Medicine, NIMTS Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 26:231-2. 2005..Histological examination after laparotomy was indicative of ovarian sarcoidosis...
- Developmental origin of polycystic ovary syndrome - a hypothesisD H Abbott
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Wisconsin Regional Primate Research Centre, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53715, USA
J Endocrinol 174:1-5. 2002..This hypothesis therefore suggests a unifying, 'linear' model to explain the aetiology of the heterogeneous phenotype...
- Effect of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection upon acute salpingitis: a laparoscopic studyC R Cohen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Infect Dis 178:1352-8. 1998..Among patients with acute salpingitis, likelihood of TOA was related to HIV-1 infection and advanced immunosuppression. In general, HIV-1-seropositive women with acute salpingitis responded well to treatment...
- Molecular genetic evidence that endometriosis is a precursor of ovarian cancerAmanda H Prowse
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Women s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 119:556-62. 2006..In each case, the same allele was lost in the endometriosis and cancer samples. Interestingly, no marker showed LOH in the endometriosis alone. These data provide evidence that endometriosis is a precursor to EAOCs...
- Transcriptional characterizations of differences between eutopic and ectopic endometriumYan Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226 0509, USA
Endocrinology 147:232-46. 2006..The identification of these genes and their associated pathways provides new insight. Our findings will stimulate future investigations on molecular genetic mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of endometriosis...
- Genome-wide cDNA microarray analysis of gene-expression profiles involved in ovarian endometriosisTakahide Arimoto
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Int J Oncol 22:551-60. 2003..These data should provide useful information for finding candidate genes whose products might serve as molecular targets for diagnosis or treatment of endometriosis...
- Increased immunoreactivity to SLIT/ROBO1 in ovarian endometriomas: a likely constituent biomarker for recurrenceFanghua Shen
Institute of Obstetric and Gynecologic Research, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Renji Hospital, 145 Shandong Zhong Road, Shanghai 200001, China
Am J Pathol 175:479-88. 2009..Thus, the SLIT/ROBO1 system may be a potential target for reducing the risk of recurrence...
- Endometrioma complicated by tubo-ovarian abscess in a woman with bacterial vaginosisShahryar K Kavoussi
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0276, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2006:84140. 2006....
- Differences in the blood serum levels of soluble HLA-G concentrations between the menstrual cycle phases and menopause in patients with ovarian endometriosis and uterine leiomyomaPawel Basta
Department of Gynecology and Oncology, Jagiellonian University, 23 Kopernika Str, 31 501 Krakow, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:91-8. 2009..The aim of the present study has therefore been to evaluate the sHLA-G blood serum concentrations levels in both women with ovarian endometriosis and women with uterine leiomyomas...
- Increased occurrence of tubo-ovarian abscesses in women with stage III and IV endometriosisMei Jou Chen
Fertil Steril 82:498-9. 2004..Women who had stage III-IV endometriosis and who were nulliparous or who had delivered no more than two children were much more likely to develop tubo-ovarian abscesses than those without endometriosis...
- Alterations in RCAS1 serum concentration levels during the normal menstrual cycle and the lack of analogical changes in ovarian endometriosisLukasz Wicherek
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Oncology of the Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Am J Reprod Immunol 59:535-44. 2008..The aim of this study has been to evaluate alterations in RCAS1 blood serum concentration in women during normal menstrual cycle (NMC) phases and to compare the levels found with those in patients with ovarian endometriosis...
- Transient abdominal ovariopexy for adhesion prevention in patients who underwent surgery for severe pelvic endometriosisJonathan Ouahba
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, AP HP, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 82:1407-11. 2004..To assess adhesion reformation and subsequent fertility after a transient ovariopexy performed during severe pelvic endometriosis surgery...
- Deep endometriosis: definition, pathogenesis, and clinical managementPaolo Vercellini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica I, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:153-61. 2004..Great importance must be given to complete and balanced counseling, as awareness of the real possibilities of different treatments will enhance the patient's collaboration...
- Maternal autoantibody triggers de novo T cell-mediated neonatal autoimmune diseaseYulius Y Setiady
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 170:4656-64. 2003..Therefore, a new mechanism of neonatal autoimmunity is presented in which epitope-specific autoantibody stimulates de novo autoimmune pathogenic CD4(+) T cell response...
- CD40 ligand in pathogenesis of autoimmune ovarian disease of day 3-thymectomized mice: implication for CD40 ligand antibody therapyColin Sharp
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 170:1667-74. 2003....
- Regulatory T-cell, endogenous antigen and neonatal environment in the prevention and induction of autoimmune diseaseK S Tung
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Immunol Rev 182:135-48. 2001....
- [Laser vaporization of ovarian endometriomas: the impact on the response to gonadotrophin stimulation]C Wyns
Service de Gynecologie, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200, Bruxelles, Belgique
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 31:337-42. 2003..To evaluate the ovarian response to stimulation for IVF in endometriosis patients who have previously undergone laparoscopic treatment of peritoneal and/or ovarian endometriosis (CO2 laser vaporization)...
- Ovarian endometrioma complicated by a Salmonella abscess caused by an enteroovarian fistula: a case reportChao Nin Wang
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Reprod Med 50:871-3. 2005..An ovarian abscess caused by Salmonella is one of the rare extraintestinal infections, and hematogenous spread by bacteremia to a preexisting ovarian cyst has been suggested as the cause of such infections...
- Evaluation of surgery in simple ovarian cystsDing Xiaoman
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100730
Chin Med Sci J 18:93-6. 2003..To evaluate the surgery in simple ovarian cysts...
- CD10 is helpful in detecting occult or inconspicuous endometrial stromal cells in cases of presumptive endometriosisGabriel M Groisman
Department of Pathology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1003-6. 2003..Previous studies have shown that CD10 is a marker for normal, ectopic, and neoplastic endometrial stromal cells. However, its value in confirming a diagnosis of presumptive endometriosis has not been extensively studied...
- [Extrinsic ureteral obstruction secondary to inflammatory gynecologic pathology]Guillermo Conde Santos
Servicio y Cátedra de Urología, Hospital del Mar, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 56:181-5. 2003..To present two cases of extrinsic ureteral obstruction secondary to gynaecological inflammatory diseases, and to perform a bibliographic review...
- [Benign ovarian tumor with ascites and high serum levels of CA125: report of 3 cases]Hua Jun Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 38:147-9. 2003..To describe the clinical characteristics of benign ovarian tumor/mass which manifest as pelvic mass, ascites and high serum levels of CA(125)...
- Chemically assisted dissection of tissues in laparoscopic excision of endometriotic cystsLuigi Benassi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Neonatology, University of Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 10:205-9. 2003..To evaluate the capacity of chemical dissection of tissues using a mucolytic substance, Mesna, in improving laparoscopic excision of endometriotic cysts...
- Damage to ovarian reserve associated with laparoscopic excision of endometriomas: a quantitative rather than qualitative injuryR M F van der Weiden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1874; author reply 1875. 2006
- Surgery in contemporary infertilityAnnika Strandell
Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Curr Womens Health Rep 3:367-74. 2003..Repeat surgery in severe disease should be avoided. The indications and results for these and other fertility-enhancing procedures are evaluated according to the most recent publications...
- Diagnosis and management of female infertilitySamuel Smith
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
JAMA 290:1767-70. 2003
- Bipolar electrocoagulation versus suture of solitary ovary after laparoscopic excision of ovarian endometriomasLuigi Fedele
Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica dell Università di Verona, Policlinico Borgoroma, Verona, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:344-7. 2004..To compare the functional ovarian damage associated with the use of bipolar coagulation versus ovarian suture after laparoscopic excision of ovarian endometriomas in patients with a solitary ovary...
- [Surgical laparoscopy in the management of women infertility]Radhouane Rachdi
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Militaire de Tunis
Tunis Med 82:837-42. 2004..The rate of intra uterine pregnancy of the 81 followed patients is 40.7% with 23 newborn (28.39%), 5 abortions (6.17%) and 5 current pregnancies (6.17%). The rate of ectopic pregnancies is 3.7%...
- [Ovarian torsion in childhood]F T C Tschirch
Radiologisches Institut, Kantonsspital Baden
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:1193-6. 2004..Conservative ovary-sparing treatment was not possible, so right-sided adnexectomy followed. Histopathologically a haemorrhagic infarction of the ovary and the tube was seen. No signs of malignancy and no tumor could be detected...
- Pathologic quiz case. A 34-year-old woman with abdominal pain and a large right multicystic ovarian mass. Mullerian adenosarcoma arising in an endometriotic cystMousa A Al-Abbadi
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University Detroit Medical Center, Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, Mich 48235, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:1057-8. 2004
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of postoperative ovarian cyst formation after laparoscopic excision of endometriomasLudovico Muzii
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Campus Biomedico, Via E Longoni 83, Rome 00155, Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:457-61. 2004..To evaluate, by means of serial transvaginal ultrasound (US) examinations, the ovary after laparoscopic excision of endometriomas with the stripping technique...
- Laparoscopic removal of endometriomas: sonographic evaluation of residual functioning ovarian tissueCaterina Exacoustos
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:68-72. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether and to what extent laparoscopic removal of ovarian endometriotic cysts is a tissue-sparing procedure...
- [Clinical study of effect of laparoscopic diagnosis and treatment on pelvic endometriosis-associated infertility]Jin Fang Lin
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 40:9-12. 2005..To investigate the role of laparoscopy in diagnosis and treatment of infertile women with endometriosis...
- Application of traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of infertilityXian Xu
The Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Hum Fertil (Camb) 6:161-8. 2003..However, the task is enormous in view of the number of herbal products currently available on the market; yet among these products are undoubtedly some that will prove to be safe and beneficial...
- Observation of epithelial atypia associated with intranuclear inclusions in ovarian endometriosisTadao K Kobayashi
Acta Cytol 48:458-9. 2004
- Surgical management of endometriosisJacques Donnez
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 18:329-48. 2004..In case of rectovaginal adenomyotic nodules, surgery must be considered as first-line therapy, medical therapy being relatively in-efficacious...
- Laparoscopic management of ovarian remnantCeana Nezhat
Center for Special Pelvic Surgery, 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite 276, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Fertil Steril 83:973-8. 2005..To report outcomes of laparoscopic management of patients with ovarian remnant (OR)...
- [Ovarian endometrioma and infertility: when not to treat?]A Audebert
IGF1, Bordeaux, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:416-22. 2005..Laparoscopic surgery is still the first line treatment in many cases. Abstention can be applied in particular circumstances. Ultrasonographically guided aspiration needs to be further evaluated...
- [Surgical treatment for endometriomas]J B Dubuisson
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et de médecine de la reproduction, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:S20-2. 2003..Recurrent ovarian surgery is not recommended in women with infertility, as it might be deleterious for ovarian reserve...
- Incisional hernia on the 5-mm trocar port site and subsequent wall endometriosis on the same site: a case reportRodolfo Sirito
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ospedale Evangelico Internazionale, Genova, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:878-80. 2005..A second laparoscopy was performed; the cyst was very adherent and was removed in fragments. The wall nodule was removed, and the histologic examination classified it as endometriosis...
- Surgical cytoreduction and hormone therapy of an advanced endometrial stromal sarcoma of the ovaryFelicia L Geas
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California 92668, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:1051-4. 2004..Primary endometrial stromal sarcomas of the ovary are rare gynecologic malignancies. We report a disseminated case of this tumor arising from ovarian endometriosis...
- A ruptured ovarian endometrioma mimicking ovarian malignancy: case reportA Gocmen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gaziantep University Medical Faculty, Gaziantep, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:445-6. 2003..At the laparoscopic examination, it was determined to be a ruptured endometrioma and serum CA 125 concentrations rapidly decreased after surgery...
- [Laparoscopic ovariopexy--modality of ovarian endometriosis treatment]E Kucera
Ustav pro péci o matku a díte, Praha
Ceska Gynekol 69:408-11. 2004..Case report of a successful treatment of ovarian endometriosis by laparoscopic ovariopexy in infertile women...
- [Endometriosis: from research to clinical practice]M Nisolle
Département de gynécologie obstétrique, U Lg, Hopital de la Citadelle, Liege
Bull Mem Acad R Med Belg 162:263-72; discussion 273-4. 2007..Principal cellular and molecular factors of angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and fibrosis should be identified in order to develop new therapeutic strategies of endometriosis...
- [Endoscopic videosurgery in a gynecologic department of a military hospital]V G Romanovskiĭ
Voen Med Zh 323:36-9. 2002
- Influence of pelvic endometriosis and ovarian endometrioma on fertilityAkira Fujishita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 53:40-5. 2002..These observations suggest that our TOP classification describing individual tubal condition has a clinically predictive value in assessing the reproductive outcome of women with endometriosis...
- Histologic analysis of endometriomas: what the surgeon needs to knowLudovico Muzii
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Campus Bio Medico of Rome, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 87:362-6. 2007..To evaluate by thorough pathologic analysis the histologic features of the endometrioma wall excised at laparoscopy...
- [The general surgeon's experience in emergency gynaecological laparoscopy]M Schietroma
Divisione di Chirurgia Geriatrica, , L Aquila, Italy
Minerva Chir 56:133-8. 2001..It is indicated for the treatment of acute abdomen of unknown origin...
- Benign or malignant ovarian neoplasms and ovarian endometriomasK Takahashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane Medical University, 89-1, Enya-cho, Izumo, Shimane 693-8501, Japan
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 8:278-84. 2001..Surgeons should be aware of this possibility, and candidates for laparoscopic surgery should be carefully selected based on preoperative evaluations...
- Transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy but not standard laparoscopy reveals subtle endometriotic adhesions of the ovaryI Brosens
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Leuven, Belgium
Fertil Steril 75:1009-12. 2001..CONCLUSION(S): Unexplained ovarian adhesions are frequently detected on transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy but not on standard laparoscopy in infertile patients with minimal and mild endometriosis and unexplained infertility...
- Classification of ovarian endometriotic cystsJ Scurry
Department of Pathology, Mercy Hospital for Women, Clarendon Street, East Melbourne, Vic. 3002, Australia
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:147-54. 2001..Our study highlights the need for a prospective study using standardized pathological and clinical methods...
- Correlation between serum levels of CA 125 and follicular loss after laparoscopic cystectomy in women with ovarian endometriomaMario Vicino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:223-7. 2007..To preoperatively predict follicular loss after laparoscopic cystectomy of ovarian endometriomas...
- The frequency of ovulation from the affected ovary decreases following laparoscopic cystectomy in infertile women with unilateral endometrioma during a natural cycleTakashi Horikawa
Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Child Health and Development, Okura, Setagaya, Tokyo, Japan
J Assist Reprod Genet 25:239-44. 2008..To evaluate the cystectomy-induced damage on the follicular growth and ovulation of an affected ovary during natural cycles...
- Endometriosis: modern surgical management to improve fertilityS Gordts
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:275-87. 2003..Furthermore, the aqueous distension medium keeps the organs afloat and provides a clear delineation between the organs and adhesions allowing atraumatic reconstructive surgery...
- Impact of laparoscopic cystectomy on fecundity of infertility patients with ovarian endometriomaKoji Nakagawa
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 33:671-6. 2007..To clarify the effect of laparoscopic cystectomy for ovarian endometrioma in infertility patients, the pregnancy outcome was evaluated...
- [Reproductive outcome in women with ovarian endometriosis--retrospective analytical study]E Kucera
Ustav pro péci o matku a díte, Praha
Ceska Gynekol 70:431-5. 2005..To evaluate our clinical results and reproductive outcome after laparoscopic surgery for ovarian endometriosis in infertile women...
- Recurrence of chocolate cysts after laparoscopic ablationK D Jones
Minimal Access Therapy Training Unit, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4HR, UK
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:315-20. 2002..To estimate the recurrence rate of chocolate cysts 3 to 12 months after ablative laparoscopic surgery. The secondary outcome measure was the need for a repeat surgical procedure...
- [Ovarian endometriomas: Effect of laparoscopic cystectomy on ovarian response in IVF-ET cycles]C Yazbeck
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, maternité Aline de Crépy, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:808-12. 2006..To investigate the follicular response to controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) in IVF-ET cycles after laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy for large endometriomas...
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometrioma-associated infertility and pregnancy outcomeNaoyuki Takuma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 54:30-4; discussion 34-5. 2002..Thus, it appears that for patients who do not require follow-up IVF-ET, fenestration with electrocoagulation of the cyst wall is suitable, whereas for patients who need follow-up IVF-ET, ethanol fixation may be a better choice...
- Experience with transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy for reconstructive tubo-ovarian surgeryStephan Gordts
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 4:72-5. 2002..Operative procedures were performed in 78 patients. No conversion to standard laparoscopy was necessary, and no complications occurred. All procedures were carried out on an ambulatory basis with a very low morbidity...
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy of endometriomas does not affect the ovarian response to gonadotropin stimulationGuillermo Marconi
Instituto de Ginecología y Fertilidad, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fertil Steril 78:876-8. 2002..To evaluate the ovarian response cycles of IVF-ET in patients who previously underwent laparoscopic cystectomy for endometriomas...
- Endometriosis: novel etiopathogenetic concepts and clinical perspectivesMario Vignali
IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 78:665-78. 2002..To discuss current ideas about therapy for endometriosis derived from new observations generated by using molecular biology techniques and in vivo animal models of disease...
- Management of ovarian endometriomaSaeed Alborzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:480-91. 2006..Given the evidence available, excision of cyst wall in endometrioma is strongly recommended especially in infertile patients...
- Case study of a pregnant woman with decidualized ovarian endometriosis whose preoperative findings suggested malignant transformationH Iwamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamanashi Red Cross Hospital, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Japan
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 27:301-3. 2006..Because both decidualization and malignant transformation of endometriosis are characterized by mural nodules on the wall of the cyst, the preoperative differential diagnosis is reportedly difficult...
- Neuropathic uterine pain after hysterectomy. A case reportNorma F Chavez
Center for Uterine Fibroids, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Reprod Med 48:466-8. 2003..Diabetic neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia and phantom limb pain are common types of neuropathic pain. It is not commonly recognized in gynecologic practice...
- Minimally invasive exploration of the female reproductive tract in infertilityRudi Campo
Leuven Institute for Fertility and Embryology, Tiensevest 168, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 4:40-5. 2002..A multinational survey to evaluate the risk and outcome of bowel injury during THL registered 24 (0.65%) cases in 3667 procedures. In all cases, the diagnosis was made immediately and the treatment was conservative without complications...
- Modulation of the sensitivity in Chinese hamster cells to photons and fast neutrons by cisplatin, vinblastine, and bleomycinB B Mokaleng
Radiation Biophysics, iThemba Laboratory for Accelerator Based Sciences, Faure, Cape Town, South Africa
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 87:347-52. 2009..These data suggest that concurrent use of these drugs with radiation for the treatment of lung and ovarian diseases radiation does not exacerbate radiation-induced normal tissue toxicity, regardless of the quality of ..
- Levels of circulating cell-free nuclear and mitochondrial DNA in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsRebecca R Zachariah
Laboratory for Prenatal Medicine and Gynaecologic Oncology, Women s Hospital Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Obstet Gynecol 112:843-50. 2008....
- Angiogenesis of the ovaryO Abulafia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, State University of New York at Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 182:240-6. 2000..of the normal ovarian physiologic state and pathologic conditions including both benign and neoplastic ovarian diseases were reviewed...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in bovine follicular cystic ovariesChangyong Choe
Animal Genetic Resources Station, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA, Namwon 590 832, Korea
Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 14:265-72. 2010Follicular cystic ovary (FCO) is one of the most frequently diagnosed ovarian diseases and is a major cause of reproductive failure in mammalian species. However, the mechanism by which FCO is induced remains unclear...
- MOv18 monoclonal antibody in diagnostic applications: capability to recognize the histotype of the original tumorC Belloni
IV Clinica Ostetrica Ginecologica, , Italy
Tumori 76:10-3. 1990..cancer patients, 17 patients bearing malignancies of non ovarian sites and 17 patients with non-malignant ovarian diseases, were tested using 2 methods: traditional cytology and monoclonal antibody immunofluorescence...
- The importance of smoking and medical history for development of small bowel carcinoid tumor: a European population-based case-control studyLinda Kaerlev
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Cancer Causes Control 13:27-34. 2002..This study aims to evaluate these findings and to identify new associations...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and its receptors in epithelial ovarian cancerBozena Dobrzycka
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Obstetrics Gynecological Care, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:609-13. 2009..of samples positive for TNF-alpha and TNF-R2 was higher in epithelial ovarian cancer patients than in benign ovarian diseases (p<0.001 and p=0.016, respectively)...
- Adnexal torsion following gonadotropin-releasing hormone analog therapy: a case reportJesus Paula Carvalho
Pathology Division, Gynecologic Emergency Service, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 59:128-30. 2004Adnexal torsion may occur in girls and adolescents. Often it is associated with ovarian diseases resulting in ovarian enlargement. Adnexal torsion may involve the ovary, fallopian tube or both, and the main symptom is acute pelvic pain...
- Melatonin and the ovary: physiological and pathophysiological implicationsHiroshi Tamura
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Fertil Steril 92:328-43. 2009..To summarize the role of melatonin in the physiology and pathophysiology of the ovary...
- Female reproductive dysfunction during ageing: role of methylglyoxal in the formation of advanced glycation endproducts in ovaries of reproductively-aged miceC Tatone
Department of Health Sciences, University of L Aquila, Via Vetoio, L Aquila, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 24:63-72. 2010..In conclusion, the present results show that impaired MG detoxification causing relevant damage to the ovarian proteome might be one of the mechanisms underlying reproductive ageing and/or ageing-like ovarian diseases.
- Hippo signaling disruption and Akt stimulation of ovarian follicles for infertility treatmentKazuhiro Kawamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Department of Advanced Reproductive Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 216 8511, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17474-9. 2013Primary ovarian insufficiency (POI) and polycystic ovarian syndrome are ovarian diseases causing infertility...
- Hysterectomy and women satisfaction: total versus subtotal techniqueFranco Gorlero
Department of Women and Children, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Imperia Hospital, Via Sant Agata 57, Imperia, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:405-10. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of sub-total and total hysterectomy on women's satisfaction, evaluated with questionnaire assessment of sexual activity, body image, and health status...
- Differential diagnosis of gynecologic organ-related diseases in women presenting with ascitesMing Huei Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, and Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 47:384-90. 2008..Various kinds of ovarian diseases, such as epithelial ovarian cancer, benign ovarian fibroma, stromal hyperplasia, ovarian hyperstimulation ..
- Pitfalls of CA-125 levels in the preoperative work-up of ovarian massesDenis Querleu
J Clin Oncol 26:512; author reply 513. 2008
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and its soluble receptor in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsPaolo Giovanni Artini
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 62:373-7. 2008..In conclusion, all in all, our data indicate that an excess of local VEGF with respect to its soluble receptor VEGFR-1 may be a key factor in the onset and maintenance of pathological neo-angiogenesis in ovarian cyst formation...
- Fatness at birth predicts adult susceptibility to ovarian suppression: an empirical test of the Predictive Adaptive Response hypothesisGrazyna Jasienska
Department of Epidemiology and Population Studies, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Grzegorzecka 20, 31 531 Krakow, Poland, and Ullevål University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12759-62. 2006..We suggest that the amount of activity necessary to reduce levels of estrogen, which may in turn reduce cancer risk, can depend on a woman's nutritional status at birth...
- Recurrence of endometriomas after laparoscopic removal: sonographic and clinical follow-up and indication for second surgeryCaterina Exacoustos
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 13:281-8. 2006....
- Disorders of ovarian function in childhood and adolescence: evolving needs of the growing child. An endocrine perspectiveM Zacharin
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
BJOG 117:156-62. 2010..Psychosocial issues related to both precocious and delayed puberty can have profound effects on family function...
- Editor's quiz: Sigmoid stricture in a 39-year-old femaleS Greco
Department of Clinical Sciences, Department of Gastroenterology, L Sacco University Hospital, Via G B Grassi, 74, 20157 Milano, Italy
Gut 56:1247, 1256. 2007
- [Serum levels of IL-1beta, IL-6 and TNF-alpha in infertile patients with ovarian dysfunction]Victor Saúl Vital Reyes
Departamento de Biología de la Reproduccíon y Ginecoendocrinología, Hospital de Ginecología y Obstetricia, Centro Medico Nacional La Raza, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social
Ginecol Obstet Mex 73:604-10. 2005..Quantification of some cytokines is promissory in the work-up of ovarian reproductive pathology...
- Ovarian disorders of pregnancyR Joshi
Section of Diabetes and Metabolism, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 24:153-69. 1995..Rarely, an acute abdomen can result from hemorrhage or torsion of the mass. Because most of the entities regress spontaneously following delivery, a conservative management approach that includes preserving the ovaries is warranted...
- [Adverse effects of estradiol-17beta and alternatives for prostaglandins]P L A M Vos
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 128:116-8. 2003
- Exceptionally high levels of CA125 due to endometriosisCissy Caroline
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:329-30. 2002
- Ovarian salvage in bilaterally complicated severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeWafa Al Omari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tawam Hospital in Affiliation with Johns Hopkins Medicine, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Fertil Steril 96:e77-9. 2011..To report the management of 2 cases of severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) bilaterally complicated by rupture and late subsequent torsion...
- Luteal dysfunction in ewes induced to ovulate early in the follicular phaseW J Murdoch
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, 82071, USA
Endocrinology 139:3480-4. 1998..We suggest that premature induction of ovulation compromises the estrogen-mediated succession of granulosal cell proliferative events that necessitate the formation of a fully competent corpus luteum...
- Ovarian carcinomas in endometriosis: an immunohistochemical and comparative genomic hybridization studyPaulette Mhawech
Department of Pathology, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:401-6. 2002..However, our results are limited by the number of cases examined and a definite conclusion on the pathogenesis of this process should be followed by future studies with a larger number of cases...
- Survivin gene expression in endometriosisMasatsugu Ueda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigakumachi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3452-9. 2002..Our findings suggest that up-regulation of survivin and MMPs may cooperatively contribute to survival and invasion of endometriosis...
- Localisation of somatostatin and somatostatin receptors in benign and malignant ovarian tumoursG H Hall
Department of Radiology, University of Hull, Centre for Magnetic Resonance Investigations, Hull Royal Infirmary, Anlaby Road, Hull, HU3 2JZ, UK
Br J Cancer 87:86-90. 2002..Increased expression of native somatostatin correlating with somatostatin receptors in malignant ovarian tumours raises the possibility that either synthetic somatostatin antagonists or receptor agonists may have therapeutic potential...
- Pelvic congestion syndrome (pelvic venous incompetence): impact of ovarian and internal iliac vein embolotherapy on menstrual cycle and chronic pelvic painAnthony C Venbrux
Interventional Radiology Division, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 13:171-8. 2002....
- Surgical excision of endometriomas and ovarian reserve: a systematic review on serum antimüllerian hormone level modificationsEdgardo Somigliana
Fondazione Cà Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 98:1531-8. 2012..To evaluate serum antimüllerian hormone (AMH) level modification after surgical excision of ovarian endometriomas...
- Anti-Müllerian hormone trend after laparoscopic surgery in women with ovarian endometriomaPietro Litta
Department of Health of Woman and Child, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 29:452-4. 2013..Our results suggest that an appropriate surgical technique, without the use of the bipolar coagulation of ovarian border, does not determine a significant reduction of ovarian reserve...
- Ovary Intact Murine Model for MenopausePatricia Hoyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of the VCD-treated mouse will, therefore, make a profound contribution to the study of menopause-related pathologies and, therefore, to women's health. ..
- Molecular Pathways Controlling Ovarian Gene ExpressionCARLOS OSCAR STOCCO; Fiscal Year: 2013..information on the regulatory mechanism underlying normal ovarian function but also may shed light on ovarian diseases due to improper granulosa cell function such as granulosa cell tumors and infertility...
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: Consequences of Gamete VaccinesKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will determine the immunogenetic regulation of the immune response to CP2, and the influence of the B cell epitope specificity of the ZP Ab on the induction of progenic AOD. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL EPOXIDES--MECHANISMS OF OVOTOXICITYPatricia Hoyer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of these studies will provide greater insight as to the impact of exposure to ovotoxic environmental chemicals on reproductive health in women. ..
- SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN CHEMICAL INDUCED OVOTOXICITYPatricia B Hoyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to an appreciation of the global impact of the environment on the reproductive life span in women. ..
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pre-clinical Trials for Female Fertility PreservationJonathan Tilly; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2008..Investigation of local feedback mechanisms responsible for interactions between estrogen biosynthesis, tissue growth, and inflammation will lead to the rational design of novel drug treatments. ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MODELING THE MENOPAUSAL TRANSITION AND MENOPAUSEJAY KAPLAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore the proposed program is directly relevant to the missions of multiple NIHInstitutes, including - butnot limited to - NIA, NICHD, NHLBI, NIDDKand NIMH. ..
- Mechanisms of Scar-Free Healing in the Fetal ArteryDARRELL CASS; Fiscal Year: 2008..His long term objective is to apply this knowledge clinically in both children and adults to limit vascular inflammation, neointimal hyperplasia and scarring. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer-Proximal Stroma Interaction & AromataseSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2010..noncarrier controls. Proposed studies may lead to new pilot trials of treatment and prevention using p38/JNK inhibitors in BRCA1 mutation carriers. ..
- Mechanisms of Progesterone Receptor Action in EndometriosisJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..These aims will increase the understanding of progesterone resistance in endometriosis as well as investigate the use of targeted biological agents as an alternate treatment for endometriosis. ..
- Regulatory T cells in Systemic Lupus ErythematosusHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will help to overcome the lag period in my career induced by my leave of absence and return to a new field of study, and will facilitate my aim of becoming an independent scientist. ..
- FREE PLASMA SEX HORMONE AND ANDROGEN ACTIONRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Progestogen Inhibition of Ovarian Cancer Cell MetastasisWilliam Murdoch; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- The Molecular Basis of Ovarian Testosterone ProductionRobert Rosenfield; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of this proposal is to understand the factors regulating the production of testosterone in women, particularly in their ovaries. ..
- AUTOSOMAL MECHANISMS OF TESTIS INDUCTIONVICKI MEYERS WALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the end of this grant period, we will have identified the gene causing this disorder and the step in the testis pathway that is altered by the mutation in timing, quantity, or location of gene expression. ..
- Mechanisms of Aryl-Hydrocarbon-Induced OvotoxicityJonathan Tilly; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ENDOMETRIOTIC HAPTOGLOBIN ALTERS MACROPHAGE FUNCTIONKATHY TIMMS; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a result, novel non-invasive strategies for early detection and innovative treatment of endometriosis may be developed that markedly reduce the health burden of this malady. ..
- ANTIOXIDANTS AND OXIDANTS IN FOLLICLE/OOCYTE FUNCTIONHAROLD BEHRMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Lastly, the origins, nature, and regulation of follicular reactive oxygen species will be determined. ..
- Autoimmunity and Pathogenesis of GlomerulonephritisHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide insights into pathogenesis of lupus nephritis and identify checkpoints for intervention in patients. ..
- APOPTOSIS AND REPRODUCTIVE AGING OF THE FEMALEJonathan Tilly; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated these data will provide the first unequivocal proof that exhaustion of the follicle reserve can be delayed, if not prevented, by manipulating apoptosis-regulatory genes. ..
- SOY, LIFE STAGE, STRESS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN FEMALESJAY KAPLAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ANDROGENIZED FEMALE AS A MODEL FOR P0LYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYDavid Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such results would offer novel insights into the origin and mechanism of PCOS, and would provide a unifying determinant for a multifactorial syndrome. ..
- Mechanisms of Female Germline Stem Cell SenescenceJonathan Tilly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN BIOSYNTHESIS AND UTERINE LEIOMYOMATASerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2007..We predict that these studies will establish the critical role of P450arom in uterine leiomyomata and lead to identification of novel therapeutic targets. ..