foreign body migration
Summary: Migration of a foreign body from its original location to some other location in the body.
Publications229 found, 100 shown here
- Experience with Memokath 051 ureteral stentPeter Klarskov
Department of Urology, Glostrup Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Scand J Urol Nephrol 39:169-72. 2005..The Memokath 051 is a thermo-expandable titanium-nickel spiral developed for long-term ureteral stenting. The aim of this study was to investigate the drainage and safety aspects of this stent...
- Endoscopic removal of metallic airway stentsWilliam Lunn
Interventional Pulmonology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Chest 127:2106-12. 2005..There have been few reports detailing techniques and complications associated with endoscopic removal of metallic airway stents. We report our experience with endoscopic removal of 30 such stents over a 3-year period...
- Spontaneous migration of a Port-a-Cath catheter into ipsilateral jugular vein in two patients with severe coughPei Yu Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Vasc Surg 19:734-6. 2005..Before a new course of chemotherapy or encountering symptoms of migration, obtaining a chest roentgenogram is essential to provide early detection and repositioning management of a migrated catheter...
- Treatment of benign tracheal stenosis utilizing self-expanding nitinol stentsAndreas M Sesterhenn
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:355-60. 2004..Self-expanding nitinol stents should be considered for the treatment of benign proximal tracheal obstruction in selected patients for whom surgical repair is contraindicated...
- Clip-induced biliary stoneV H Chong
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, RIPAS Hospital, Bandar Seri Begawan BA 1710, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Singapore Med J 45:533-5. 2004..We report two cases, a 58-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman, of clip- induced biliary stones resulting from surgical clip migration a few years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- A life-threatening complication of the Nuss procedure for pectus excavatumTom N Hoel
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Ann Thorac Surg 81:370-2. 2006..The tear was closed, and the patient had an uneventful recovery. Careful positioning of the bar is necessary to avoid complications. Measures must be taken postoperatively to confirm that the steel bar does not rotate...
- Paradoxical bullet embolism: case report and literature reviewM Schurr
Department of Surgery, Presley Regional Trauma Center, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, USA
J Trauma 40:1034-6. 1996..Paradoxical emboli are even more unusual. We present a case of a paradoxical bullet embolism from the left external iliac vein to the left common iliac artery via a patent foramen ovale...
- Penetration of the duodenum by an ingested needle with migration to the pancreas: report of a caseT Toyonaga
Department of Surgery, Shimonoseki City Hospital, Japan
Surg Today 31:68-71. 2001..Therefore, the use of contrast X-ray is considered to be useful in the diagnosis of such a perforation...
- Transmural migration of a retained laparotomy spongeJasbir S Dhillon
Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0293, USA
Am Surg 68:603-5. 2002..The patient recovered without complications. The case highlights the importance of a thorough exploration of all quadrants of the abdomen at the termination of surgical cases...
- Surgical clips found at the hepatic duct after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a possible case of clip migrationSeung Ik Ahn
Department of Surgery, Inha University College of Medicine, Incheon, Korea
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:279-82. 2005....
- Haemopericardium causing cardiac tamponade: a late complication of pectus excavatum repairM J Barakat
Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Heart 90:e22. 2004..The cause was a sternal wire from a pectus excavatum repair two years previously that had fractured and migrated through the pericardium causing an epicardial injury and a haemopericardium...
- Fatal hepatic abscess caused by a fish boneAngeliki Theodoropoulou
Lancet 359:977. 2002
- Do expandable metallic airway stents have a role in the management of patients with benign tracheobronchial disease?Brendan P Madden
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 82:274-8. 2006..Although these devices have an important role in malignant disease their usefulness in benign large airway disorders is less defined...
- The indwelling ureteric stent: a 'friendly' procedure with unfriendly high morbidityS Richter
Department of Urology, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Sava, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, University of Tel Aviv, Israel
BJU Int 85:408-11. 2000..To review the morbidity and complications of ureteric stent insertion and to evaluate specifically the effect of an indwelling ureteric stent on the changes in hydronephrosis after stenting...
- Complete migration of retained surgical sponge into ileum without sign of open intestinal wallC S Silva
, Discipline of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Uberaba, MG, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 265:103-4. 2001..When opened surgical specimen it was observed an intraluminal surgical sponge that had completely migrated into the interior of the ileum and stopped next to ileumcecal valve. No fistulas or open intestinal wall were observed...
- Revisiting swallowed troubles: intestinal complications caused by two magnets--a case report, review and proposed revision to the algorithm for the management of foreign body ingestionViju Vijaysadan
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Combined Medicine Pediatrics, Atlantic Health System, Summit, NJ 07901, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:511-6. 2006
- Retained surgical sponge with migration into the duodenum and persistent duodenal fistulaMarkus Dux
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:S74-7. 2002..Imaging findings are presented and discussed...
- Positional ventricular tachycardia from a fractured mediport catheter with right ventricular migration--a case reportMamatha R Gowda
Department of Radiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Angiology 55:557-60. 2004..The embolized fragment was extracted with a gooseneck snare technique and the reservoir of the system was removed under local anesthesia without any complications. The patient was free of symptoms at 7 seven months follow-up...
- [A case of common bile duct stone developed due to a surgical clip as a nidus: an experience of successful management by endoscopy]Hyae Ju Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Daedong Hospital, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 42:351-3. 2003..He had laparoscopic cholecystectomy 10 years ago. The stone was removed endoscopically. The use of resorbable clips during laparoscopic cholecystectomy is recommended to avoid this type of complication...
- Gradual extrusion of implant: an unusual complication after intraocular lens implantationSaurabh Srivastava
Department of Ophthalmology, University College of Medical Sciences, and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, India
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:343-4. 2004..The IOL, barring one haptic, may have extruded through the site of a perforated corneal ulcer and remained impacted on the corneal surface, allowing healing under it. This is an extremely unusual presentation of an extruded IOL...
- A case of missing mitral valve leaflet: radiological detectionAltan Yildlz
Department of Radiology, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Ihsaniye Mahallesi, 123, Cadde 4931, Sokak 33079 Mersin, Turkey
Eur Radiol 13:L11-3. 2003....
- Penetration to the aortic wall by a metallic airway stent. A successfully treated case with left pneumonectomy and aortic repairT Shiraishi
Department of Surgery II, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 46:473-5. 2005..Left pneumonectomy with aortic repair was successfully performed. We suggest that metallic stents should not be used for benign airway palliation, as they may later cause life-threatening complications...
- Intraluminal migration of surgical drains after transhiatal esophagogastrectomy: radiographic findings and clinical relevanceAndrew S H Wilmot
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:780-5. 2007..When such drains are identified, we believe that they should be promptly withdrawn or removed to facilitate healing of anastomotic leaks...
- Migration of a pectus bar into the ribsKuniyuki Morimoto
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:225-7. 2008
- [A case of common bile duct stone formed around a surgical clip after laparoscopic cholecystectomy]Kyoung Wook Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Inha University College of Medicine, Inchon, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 42:347-50. 2003..A high density core within the CBD stone, was suspected to be a surgical clip. The stone was removed using a retrieval balloon catheter and basket after endoscopic sphincterotomy...
- Gastrointestinal "crosses": an indication for surgeryJ E Losanoff
Department of Surgery, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 33:310-4. 2001..We present our experience with a unique type of foreign body that was specifically designed to arrest in its passage and cause perforation of the gastrointestinal tract...
- Migration of a dislodged tip of an ultrasound lithotripter probe to the pulmonary artery: a rare complication of percutaneous nephrolithotomyChia Hsiang Lin
Division of Urology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Urology 62:1121-2. 2003..Eventually, left thoracotomy was performed to remove the foreign body. To our knowledge, this rare complication has never been reported before...
- Ectopic IUD complicating pregnancy. A case reportJames S Dunn
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Gynecology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, 6569 North Charles Street, PPW, Suite 307, Baltimore, MD 21204, USA
J Reprod Med 47:57-9. 2002..However, one of the most common reasons for contraceptive failure while using an IUD is its translocation or extrauterine migration. Pregnancy complicated by translocation or an ectopic IUD can present a formidable clinical challenge...
- Migration of gutta-percha point from a root canal into the ethmoid sinusMakoto Ishikawa
Oral Diagnosis and Medicine, Department of Oral Patho biological Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, N13 W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:58-60. 2004..We report such a case which presumably migrated through the maxillary sinus...
- Interesting case: Foreign body in the nose: an orbital silastic sheet had migrated into the nasal cavityC Groombridge
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 43:56. 2005
- A granulomatous liver abscess which developed after a toothpick penetrated the gastrointestinal tract: report of a caseShigeo Kanazawa
Department of Surgery, Ishikawa General Hospital, 784 Bessho, Himeji, Hyogo 671 0221, Japan
Surg Today 33:312-4. 2003..The histological diagnosis was a hepatic abscess with granulomatous change. This was a rare case of a migration of an ingested toothpick into the liver through the stomach...
- Silicone posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens dislocated into the vitreous cavityVicente Martinez-Castillo
Instituto Oftalmológico de Barcelona
J Refract Surg 20:773-7. 2004..To report two highly myopic patients with silicone posterior chamber phakic intraocular lenses (Phakic Refractive Lens; CIBA Vision, Duluth, Ga) that luxated into the vitreous cavity without history of ocular trauma...
- In-the-bag intraocular lens dislocationIqbal Ike K Ahmed
Am J Ophthalmol 139:952-3; author reply 953-4. 2005
- Impact of a self-expanding, plastic esophageal stent on various esophageal stenoses, fistulas, and leakages: a single-center experience in 39 patientsKlaus Radecke
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Duisberg Essen, Essen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 61:812-8. 2005..The majority of placements were difficult to treat situations, i.e., proximal or extremely proximal stent release or emergency cases in the intensive care unit...
- Management of bipseudophakia with implantation of an iris claw lensMilan G J Izak
Department of Ophthalmology, F D Roosevelt Hospital, Banka Bystrica, Slovak Republic
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1445-7. 2003....
- Late migration of two covered biliary stents through a spontaneous bilioenteric fistula in a patient with malignant biliary obstructionMiltiadis E Krokidis
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Heraklion, 71500 Heraklion Stavrakia, Crete, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:222-5. 2008..Furthermore, the stent had already been tightly fixed by tumor over- and ingrowth, as recognized in previous imaging. This is a very unusual case, describing the disappearance of two metallic foreign bodies encapsulated by tumor...
- Early failures with a spheric interposition arthroplasty of the thumb basal jointGeorge S Athwal
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, Kingston London, Ontario, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 29:1080-4. 2004..The purpose of this study is to report the early results with the Orthosphere (Wright Medical Technology Inc, Arlington, TN) spheric interpositional arthroplasty...
- Intrapelvic penetration of the dynamic hip screw during removal: lesson learnt--always use a coupling screwRahij Anwar
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Kent and Sussex Hospital, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, United Kingdom
J Trauma 63:E105-6. 2007
- Laparoscopic removal of gastric band after early gastric erosion: case report and review of the literatureElias Chousleb
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and The Bariatric Institute, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:24-7. 2005..Migration after laparoscopic gastric banding must be immediately addressed to prevent infection. Close monitoring of the band location during adjustments as well as a high index of suspicion is necessary...
- Complications after titanium elastic nailing of pediatric tibial fracturesJ Eric Gordon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 27:442-6. 2007..The fixation of pediatric diaphyseal tibia fractures with titanium elastic nails is effective but has a substantial rate of delayed healing, particularly in older patients...
- Complications arising from iris-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lensesTerry L Kaiura
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, New York, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:2420-2. 2005..Three cases were repaired by resuturing the same IOL using iris fixation, and in the last case IOL exchange with transscleral fixation of a posterior chamber IOL was performed. Final follow-up revealed stable IOLs in all cases...
- Late spontaneous prolapse of a posterior chamber intraocular lensRanjit Sandhu
Department of Ophthalmology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:2425-6. 2005..In this case, the haptic of the IOL likely disinserted at the time of pupil capture owing to possible previous damage during insertion. The optic spontaneously reverted to its intracapsular position...
- Long-term outcome after Talent endograft implantation for aneurysms of the abdominal aorta: a multicenter retrospective studyGiovanni Torsello
St Franziskus Hospital, Munster, Germany
J Vasc Surg 43:277-84; discussion 284. 2006....
- Longitudinal study of intraocular lens exchangeFrederico F Marques
Cataract Sectors, Complexo Hospitalar Padre Bento de Guarulhos and Centro de Estudo do Hospital Monumento, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:254-7. 2007..To analyze the indications for intraocular lens (IOL) exchange, interval between the first IOL implantation and the exchange, type and mix of IOLs used, effect on vision, and frequency of complications...
- Ab externo scleral suture loop fixation for posterior chamber intraocular lens decentration: clinical resultsClara C Chan
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:121-8. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of an ab externo suture retrieval and scleral fixation technique in the treatment of subluxated posterior chamber intraocular lenses (PC IOLs)...
- Late spontaneous in-the-bag intraocular lens and capsular tension ring dislocation in pseudoexfoliation syndromeMatthias Scherer
Department of Ophthalmology, Charite, Campus Virchow Hospital, University Medicine in Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:672-5. 2006..Capsular tension ring implantation in PEX-associated zonular weakening does not guarantee long-term zonular stability and capsular bag/IOL position in these patients after cataract surgery...
- Dislocation of capsular bag with intraocular lens and capsular tension ringF Hakan Oner
Department of Ophthalmology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1756-8. 2006..No complications occurred intraoperatively or postoperatively. Although insertion of a CTR decreases the risk for IOL dislocation, spontaneous capsular bag dehiscence can occur...
- Endovascular repair of a symptomatic aneurysm 5 years after AneuRx exclusion: off-label use of reversed talent aortomonoiliac stent-graftsJoep A W Teijink
Department of Surgery, Atrium Medical Center, Heerlen, The Netherlands
J Endovasc Ther 13:501-4. 2006..To describe the off-label use of 2 Talent aortomonoiliac devices to repair a symptomatic 72-mm abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) 5 years after AneuRx repair in a patient who had no follow-up...
- Iris-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lensesGarry P Condon
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1409. 2006
- Phakic refractive lenses and vitreous dislocationJulian Garcia-Feijoo
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:2245-6. 2005
- Management of a displaced angle-supported anterior chamber intraocular lensSalomon Esquenazi
Department of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 37:65-7. 2006..However, insufficient preoperative knowledge of the anterior segment biometry can lead to inadequate lens size and postoperative complications...
- Spontaneous fracture of an implanted posterior chamber intraocular lensI Caca
Department of Ophthalmology, Dicle University Faculty of Medicine, Diyarbakyr Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:507-9. 2005..Spontaneous fracture of an intraocular lens (IOL) haptic is a rare complication of cataract surgery. The authors report a case of spontaneous fracture of an implanted posterior chamber IOL...
- Accommodative intraocular lens tiltingJorge Cazal
Department of Ophthalmology, Institut Universitari Dexeus, Barcelona, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Ophthalmol 140:341-4. 2005..To report an unusual complication of accommodative intraocular lens (IOL) implantation after clear lens extraction for hyperopia correction...
- Repositioning and removal of an intra-renal migrated ureteric Memokath stentK A Siddique
Department of Urology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Urol Int 77:297-300. 2006..The same technique can also be applied to a-traumatically remove the stent if required...
- Late spontaneous haptic disinsertion from a three-piece intraocular lensJoel M Solano
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:521-2. 2007..To report two cases of spontaneous, late-onset haptic disinsertion from a three-piece posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Retrograde migration of an abdominal aortic aneurysm endograft leading to postoperative renal failureBarry T Katzen
Department of Interventional Radiology, Baptist Cardiac and Vascular Institute, Baptist Health Systems, Miami, Fla, USA
J Vasc Surg 42:784-7. 2005..This case report describes the finding of postoperative abdominal aortic aneurysm endograft retrograde (proximal) migration occluding bilateral renal arteries and leading to dialysis-dependent renal failure...
- Esophageal stent erosion into the common carotid arteryAhsan T Ali
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 41:80-2. 2007..The esophageal stent wires were so that they could no longer impinge the common carotid artery...
- Endoscopic biliary stent migration to the iliopsoas muscle in a liver transplant recipient: percutaneous removalJulian E Losanoff
Department of Surgery, Section of Transplantation, MC 5026, Room J 517, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:2508-11. 2007
- [Complications after adjustable gastric banding. Results of an inquiry in Germany]C Stroh
Departement für Allgemein und Visceralchirurgie SRH Wald Klinikum Gera gGmbH, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena
Chirurg 77:244-50. 2006..Meta-analyses report on comordities and reduction in weight. The rate and management of long-term complications were examined at this inquiry...
- Urethral support with PelviSoft after artificial urinary sphincter erosion at revision proceduresPeter Rehder
Neurology Unit, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 157:170-2. 2007..The follow-up of up to two years seems promising in preventing erosion of the new cuff through the strengthened urethra wall, without compromising the functionality of the artificial urinary sphincter...
- Spontaneous dislocation of a phakic refractive lens into the vitreous cavityHaralabos Eleftheriadis
Clinica Baviera, Valencia, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2013-6. 2004..0. A zonular defect associated with high myopia, previously forgotten and unrecognized ocular trauma, or intraoperative manipulations may have resulted in the spontaneous dislocation of the PRL...
- Reasons for secondary surgical intervention after phacoemulsification with posterior chamber lens implantationSoman Raman
Department of Ophthalmology, Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:513-7. 2003..To determine the indications for secondary surgical intervention in patients who had primary phacoemulsification with posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implantation and to assess the final visual outcomes...
- Stent-graft migration after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysmStavros Kalliafas
Division of Vascular Surgery, Nottingham University Hospital, Nottingham, England, UK
J Endovasc Ther 9:743-7. 2002..To report the incidence of graft migration in patients after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) and assess the significance of neck diameter changes in patients with and without suprarenal stent implantation...
- [Intragastric penetration of a gastric band -- a severe complication after gastric banding?]S Wolff
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Visceral und Gefasschirurgie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg
Zentralbl Chir 127:1086-9; discussion 1090. 2002..In one case the patient showed no signs of peritonitis and didn't want the explantation of the band. Our recommendation in case of penetration is the removal of the band, because every penetration can be the source of a lethal outcome...
- [Mechanical ileus caused by a Provox voice prosthesis -- an "iatrogenic" enteral complication in voice prosthesis rehabilitation of laryngectomees]O Hiltmann
Klinikum Stuttgart, Katharinenhospital, Klinik fur Hals, Nasen, Ohrenkrankheiten, Plastische Operationen
Laryngorhinootologie 81:890-3. 2002..This procedure is also recommended in the users video of the ATOS company...
- Viscoelastic levitation of posteriorly dislocated intraocular lenses from the anterior vitreousDavid F Chang
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1515-9. 2002..In the other patients, there were no significant corneal or retinal complications from the surgery and each regained a best corrected visual acuity of 20/40 or better...
- Early decentration of plate-haptic silicone intraocular lensesS Subramaniam
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:330-2. 2001..Decentration recurred in 1 eye after the IOL was rotated 90 degrees and recentered. Symptoms resolved in 3 eyes after the IOL was removed and replaced with a rigid IOL with a larger diameter optic...
- Luxated intraocular lens fixation using intravitreal cow hitch (girth) knotTsukasa Hanemoto
Ideta Eye Hospital, Gofukumachi, Kumamoto, Japan
Ophthalmology 109:1118-22. 2002..To describe a technique for suturing a luxated intraocular lens (IOL) in the vitreous cavity to the ciliary sulcus using intraocular cow hitch (girth) knots without IOL extraction...
- Posterior IOL dislocation after epilenticular IOL surgeryRitu Arora
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:387. 2002
- Early and late complications associated with transcatheter occlusion of secundum atrial septal defectMassimo Chessa
Pediatric Cardiology, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1061-5. 2002..The goal of this study was to report the early and late complications experienced in atrial septal defect (ASD) transcatheter closure...
- Device migration after endoluminal abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: analysis of 113 cases with a minimum follow-up period of 2 yearsPiergiorgio Cao
Unit of Vascular Surgery, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
J Vasc Surg 35:229-35. 2002....
- A comparison of visual results and complications in eyes with posterior chamber intraocular lens dislocation treated with pars plana vitrectomy and lens repositioning or lens exchangeR Sarrafizadeh
Associated Retinal Consultants, PC, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Ophthalmology 108:82-9. 2001..Eyes with a preoperative afferent pupillary defect had worse final visual results...
- Spontaneous late dislocation of intraocular lens within the capsular bag in pseudoexfoliation patientsF S Jehan
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, John A. Moran Eye Center, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1727-31. 2001..Awareness of this newly recognized long-term complication may justify a reevaluation of surgical considerations for cataract removal in these patients...
- Endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic pathology: feasibility and mid-term resultsB Lamme
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:532-9. 2003..to report our experience with 21 consecutive patients treated with a thoracic stent-graft...
- Shape of lens epithelial cells after intraocular lens implantationK Majima
Department of Ophthalmology, Fujita Health University, Banbuntane Hotokukai Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:745-52. 2001..In addition fibrous collagen fibers appeared in more areas in the eye with the silicone IOL than in that with the PMMA IOL, perhaps because IOLs with silicone optics move slightly while in the capsular bag...
- In-the-bag intraocular lens dislocationJeffrey G Gross
Carolina Retina Center, Columbia, South Carolina 29223, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:630-5. 2004..To describe the presenting characteristics and management alternatives of posterior chamber intraocular lens (PC-IOL) dislocation secondary to dehiscence of the zonules supporting the capsular bag...
- Traumatic fracture of posterior chamber intraocular lensSujata Das
Cornea and Anterior Segment Service, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:2151-2. 2007..The dislocated IOL was explanted and replaced with another PC IOL...
- Management of a posteriorly dislocated endocapsular tension ring and a foldable acrylic intraocular lensHarsha Bhattacharjee
Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Beltola, Guwahati, Assam, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:243-6. 2004..A 3-port pars plana vitrectomy was performed to explant the prostheses; the eye was made pseudophakic by placement of a scleral-fixated posterior chamber IOL. The combined triple procedure was safe and effective...
- Long-term complications of bilateral posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantationLeonardo Mastropasqua
Department of Medicine and Science of Ageing, Section of Ophthalmology, University G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini, 66100 Chieti, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:901-4. 2004..This led to a recovery of visual acuity. This case report presents the rare occurrence and surgical management of cataract formation, IOL dislocation, and severe endothelial cell loss as a late complication of PCP IOL implantation...
- Dislocation of a scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lens into the anterior chamber associated with pseudophakic bullous keratopathyErdinc Aydin
Department of Ophthalmology, Inonu University Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Malatya, Turkey
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:67-9. 2004..If the scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lens is used, it must be implanted properly and meticulously to avoid complications...
- International controlled clinical trial of thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair with the Zenith TX2 endovascular graft: 1-year resultsJon S Matsumura
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:247-257; discussion 257. 2008..This trial evaluated the safety and effectiveness of thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) with a contemporary endograft system compared with open surgical repair (open) of descending thoracic aortic aneurysms and large ulcers...
- Ureteroscopic removal of mildly migrated stents using local anesthesia onlyKostantinos E Livadas
Second Department of Urology, Athens Medical School, Sismanoglio Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Urol 178:1998-2001. 2007..In the outpatient office setting we evaluated the feasibility and efficacy of ureteroscopic removal of upward migrated ureteral stents using local or no anesthesia...
- Endoscopic retrieval of a migrated pancreatic stent from the retroperitoneumMark Topazian
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 67:728-9; discussion 729. 2008
- Retrieval of a migrated esophagojejunal stent by using the double-balloon enteroscopeHans Orlent
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, AZ St Jan AV, Brugge, Belgium
Gastrointest Endosc 67:1198-9. 2008
- Spontaneous disinsertion of a multipiece foldable acrylic intraocular lens haptic 3 and 12 months after implantationYong Ming Por
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore, Singapore
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1139-42. 2004..In both patients, the PC IOLs were exchanged for rigid single-piece PC IOLs. The patients have had no further problems...
- Frequency and severity of tracheal wash hemosiderosis and association with underlying disease in 96 cats: 2002-2003Heather L DeHeer
Department of Pathobiology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 34:17-22. 2005..wash specimens in association with various disease conditions, including heart failure, trauma, infection, foreign body migration, lung lobe torsion, pulmonary embolism or infarction, neoplasia, and bleeding diathesis...
- [Voiding symptoms as presentation of an intravesical foreign body]Pablo Luis Guzmán Martínez-Valls
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital General Universitario Morales Meseguer, Murcia, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:781-5. 2008..Most foreign bodies have a sexual-erotic origin, although we cannot forget others such as elements left by the surgeon in the surgical field. We performed a bibliographic review on the topic...
- [Chronic recurrent, locally destructive siliconomas after breast augmentation by liquid silicone oil]T Schoeller
Universitätsklinik für Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Innsbruck, Osterreich
Chirurg 71:1370-3. 2000..as complications such as local silconomas, inflammatory reactions, induration, foreign body extrusion and foreign body migration were published this procedure was not used anymore...
- Accidental swallowing of an endodontic fileS C Kuo
Department of Dentistry, E Da Hospital, I Shou University, Kaohsiung County, Taiwan
Int Endod J 41:617-22. 2008..To report the management of an iatrogenic incident in which an endodontic file was swallowed accidentally and passed into the gastrointestinal tract...
- A rare case of a foreign body migration from the upper digestive tract to the subcutaneous neckKenny Peter Pang
Department of Otolaryngology, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Rd, Singapore
Ear Nose Throat J 81:730-2. 2002..We report a rare case of an ingested fish bone that migrated from the upper digestive tract and into the soft tissues of the neck just below the skin...
- Spontaneous IOL-CTR dislocationIqbal Ike K Ahmed
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:176; author reply 176. 2007
- Removal of transanastomotic pancreatic stent tubes after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a new role for double-balloon enteroscopySabrina Layec
Service des Maladies de l Appareil digestif, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Rennes, France
Gastrointest Endosc 72:449-51. 2010..The recent development of the double-balloon enteroscopy (DBE) system creates an opportunity to reach the biliary tract and the pancreatic duct in postsurgical conditions...
- Magnet induced perforated appendicitis and ileo-caecal fistula formationAndrew J Robinson
Department of Surgery, Altnagelvin Area Hospital Glenshane Road, Londonderry, United Kingdom
Ulster Med J 78:4-6. 2009..We review magnet ingestion and describe the first case in the literature of magnet induced perforated appendicitis with an associated ileo-caecal fistula...
- Left subclavian arterioesophageal fistula induced by chicken bone with upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage and unexpected death: report of a caseVichan Peonim
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:1332-5. 2010....
- Very late stent thrombosis of sirolimus-eluting stent combined with late stent malapposition and aneurysm formationSun Yang Min
Department of Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
J Invasive Cardiol 21:E175-7. 2009..In conclusion, more careful long-term follow-up studies are required to access the significance of these late vascular pathologic changes...
- Migration of retained broken chopper tip after phacoemulsificationDevesh K Varma
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:857-60. 2010..We therefore recommend consideration of surgical removal with the use of gonioscopic, endoscopic, or posterior segment visualization systems, as required...
- Post-thoracotomy paraplegia due to epidural migration of bone waxArvind Kumar
Department of Surgical Disciplines, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:734-6. 2009..Paraplegia was caused by spinal cord compression due to epidural migration of haemostatic agent i.e. bone wax through the spinal canal. Timely intervention leads to the successful outcome...
- Bard Recovery filter: evaluation and management of vena cava limb perforation, fracture, and migrationJeffrey E Hull
Vascular Center, Chippenham and Johnston Willis Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23225, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:52-60. 2009..To report on the evaluation and management of Bard Recovery filter limb perforation, fracture, and migration...
- Cochlear implant magnet displacement during magnetic resonance imagingSophie Deneuve
ENT Department Hôpital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Otol Neurotol 29:789-190. 2008..We report 1 case in a young child that occurred during magnetic resonance imaging scanning, despite precautionary measures taken by the surgeon and the radiographer...
- Possible predisposing factors for in-the-bag and out-of-the-bag intraocular lens dislocation and outcomes of intraocular lens exchange surgeryKen Hayashi
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Ophthalmology 114:969-75. 2007....
- Pancreatitis-associated splenic artery pseudoaneurysm: endovascular treatment with self-expandable stent-graftsElias N Brountzos
Second Department of Radiology, Medical School, Athens University, Eugenidion Hospital, 20 Papadiamantopoulou Street, Athens 11528, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:88-91. 2003..This is the first report of self-expandable stent-graft treatment of SAPA...
- VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Dermatopharmacokinetics: In Vivo Analysis of SolventsKarla Thrall; Fiscal Year: 2005..To evaluate the kinetics and dermal bioavailability of ethylbenzene, styrene, and toluene vapor using F344 rats. ..
- Laser acceleration of protons for radiation therapyDale Litzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will conduct the first critical step in determining if the cost can be dramatically reduced through the use of new acceleration technology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional MR in Ischemic CardiomyopathyPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Despite its known clinical utility for assessing the mechanism and severity of MR, TEE is not currently included in STICH. ..