Genomes and Genes
extravasation of diagnostic and therapeutic materials
Summary: The escape of diagnostic or therapeutic material from the vessel into which it is introduced into the surrounding tissue or body cavity.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Compartment syndrome of the hand caused by computed tomography contrast infiltrationDrew A Stein
Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY, USA
Orthopedics 26:333-4. 2003
- Infiltration and extravasation: update on prevention and managementDarcy Doellman
Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Infus Nurs 32:203-11. 2009..Clinicians should be prepared to act promptly when an event occurs. Thorough incident documentation helps determine whether infusion care meets the standard of practice and is a keystone to medicolegal defense...
- Extravasation injuries on regional neonatal unitsC E Wilkins
Neonatal Medical Unit, St Mary s Hospital, Whitworth Park, Manchester M13 0JH, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 89:F274-5. 2004..Common treatments were exposing wounds to the air, infiltration with hyaluronidase and saline, and occlusive dressings...
- Emergency treatment of accidental infusion leakage in the newborn: report of 14 casesD Casanova
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, , Marseilles, France
Br J Plast Surg 54:396-9. 2001..The two procedures proposed by Gault are simple and effective in such cases. They should be employed as early as possible in order to dilute and remove the toxin from the subcutaneous tissue...
- Deep dopamine extravasation injury: a case reportReid A Phillips
UAB Cleft and Craniofacial Center, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:e222-4. 2009..The mechanism of action of dopamine in the deep soft tissue, the difficulties of an adequate diagnosis of a deep dopamine extravasation and alternative treatments are presented in this article...
- Quantitative measurement of leakage volume and permeability in gliomas, meningiomas and brain metastases with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRILutz Ludemann
Department of Neuroradiology and Radiology, Universitatsklinikum Charite, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Magn Reson Imaging 23:833-41. 2005..Perfusion was shown to increase linearly with blood volume for volumes of up to 20%, flattening out thereafter. The scatter plots of extravascular extracellular volume and blood volume were shown to differ among the tumor entities...
- Using contrast-enhanced helical CT to visualize arterial extravasation after blunt abdominal trauma: incidence and organ distributionDorcas C Yao
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, H 1307, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:17-20. 2002..We evaluated the incidence and organ distribution of arterial extravasation identified using contrast-enhanced helical CT in patients who had sustained abdominal visceral injuries and pelvic fractures after blunt trauma...
- Compartment syndrome in the hand due to extravasation of contrast materialHakan Selek
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Gazi University, Besevler, 06500 Ankara, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:425-7. 2007..Selection of non-ionic contrast material, careful evaluation of the intravenous administration site and close monitoring of the patient during contrast material injection may help minimize or prevent extravasation injuries...
- Extravasation injuries and emergency suction as treatmentE Vandeweyer
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department, Jules Bordet Institute for Cancer, Brussels, Belgium
Plast Reconstr Surg 105:109-10. 2000..Mean time to complete healing was 9 days. Emergency suction therapy is safe and effective in preventing the skin and soft-tissue necrosis associated with extravasation injuries of hyperosmolar contrast medium...
- Management of extravasation injuriesR J Kumar
Burns Unit, Royal Clinic Children's Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
ANZ J Surg 71:285-9. 2001..Delayed debridement and split skin grafting is required if the area of skin loss is extensive. Scar management remains a problem. Prevention of these injuries with the education of both medical and nursing staff remains the ultimate aim...
- Frequency and effects of extravasation of ionic and nonionic CT contrast media during rapid bolus injectionM P Federle
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213, USA
Radiology 206:637-40. 1998..To determine the frequency and clinical effects of extravasation related to rapid bolus infusion of ionic and nonionic contrast media...
- Effective transvascular delivery of nanoparticles across the blood-brain tumor barrier into malignant glioma cellsHemant Sarin
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Transl Med 6:80. 2008..Using functionalized polyamidoamine dendrimer generations 1 through 8, we investigated how nanoparticle size influences particle accumulation within malignant glioma cells...
- Frequency, management, and outcome of extravasation of nonionic iodinated contrast medium in 69,657 intravenous injectionsCarolyn L Wang
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0030, USA
Radiology 243:80-7. 2007..To determine retrospectively the frequency, management, and outcomes of extravasations of intravenously injected nonionic iodinated contrast medium...
- Anatomical and pathological considerations in percutaneous vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty: a reappraisal of the vertebral venous systemRob J M Groen
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Groningen, Grongingen, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1465-71. 2004....
- Complications of percutaneous treatment of thrombosed hemodialysis access graftsFrancis L Weng
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Renal, Electrolyte, and Hypertension Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Semin Dial 16:257-62. 2003..This article reviews the epidemiology, clinical significance, and management of these complications...
- CO2 demonstration of multiple extravasations into a subcapsular hematoma of the liverNoboru Terayama
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:278-81. 2004..It was suggested that these findings are not rare in cases of subcapsular hematoma; however, they have received little attention...
- Vertebroplasty in the treatment of back painMario Muto
U O di Neuroradiologia, AORN Cardarelli, Naples
Radiol Med 109:208-19. 2005..Vertebroplasty is a venous embolisation of the vertebral body performed under computed tomography (CT) or fluoroscopy guidance with transpedicular, anterolateral, intercostovertebral or posterolateral approach with acrylic cement...
- [Visualization of bridging veins by means of postmortem computed tomography]Kirsten Marion Stein
Institut für Rechtsmedizin und Verkehrsmedizin der Universität Heidelberg
Arch Kriminol 215:18-26. 2005..In subdural bleedings, in which the skull had not been opened up, ruptured vessels could be accurately localized with this method, so that targeted dissection was possible during the subsequent autopsy...
- Biomechanics of prophylactic vertebral reinforcementKay Sun
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1428-35; discusssion 1435. 2004..The effects of bone cement placement, volume, and bone density on the degree of biomechanical reinforcement on cadaveric vertebral bodies were studied using experimentally calibrated detailed finite element models...
- Calcium phosphate cement leakage after percutaneous vertebroplasty for osteoporotic vertebral fractures: risk factor analysis for cement leakageMasato Nakano
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Toyama Rosai Hospital, Toyama, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 2:27-33. 2005....
- Cement pulmonary embolism after percutaneous vertebroplastyE Coche
Department of Medical Imaging, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
JBR-BTR 90:138. 2007
- [Extravasation of contrast medium after coronary angiography simulates subarachnoid hemorrhage]K Engellandt
Rofo 178:443-4. 2006
- Intracranial hypotension due to leakage of cerebrospinal fluid: could myelography be a therapeutic option?R Jeyrani
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Neuroradiology 47:43-5. 2005..The adhesive quality of the myelographic contrast medium might have precipitated closure of the meningeal tears. Myelography may be not only of diagnostic value but also therapeutic in SIH...
- Nonfatal barium intravasation into the portal venous system during barium enema examinationMari Takahashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Matsudo City Hospital, Matsudo
Intern Med 43:1145-50. 2004..Because all 23 patients had bowel disease or diverticulitis, we conclude barium enema should be used cautiously in such patients...
- 64 MDCT in multiple trauma patients: imaging manifestations and clinical implications of active extravasationStephan W Anderson
Department of Radiology, Boston University Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Emerg Radiol 14:151-9. 2007....
- Management of large volume CT contrast medium extravasation injury: technical refinement and literature reviewMark V Schaverien
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Burns Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:562-5; discussion 565. 2008....
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty for treatment of thoracolumbar spine bursting fractureJyi Feng Chen
Department of Neurousrgery, Chang Gung University and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Surg Neurol 62:494-500; discussion 500. 2004..To the best of our knowledge, however, there has been no mention in any literature regarding the use of percutaneous vertebroplasty for the treatment of spinal burst fracture...
- Vertebroplasty: magnetic resonance findings related to cement leakage riskY H Koh
Department of Radiology, Seoul Municipal Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Acta Radiol 48:315-20. 2007..To find magnetic resonance (MR) findings predicting cement leakage in patients receiving percutaneous vertebroplasty (PVP) due to osteoporotic compression fractures...
- Vesicouterine fistulas: imaging findings in three casesTarek Smayra
Department of Radiology, Hotel Dieu de France, Blvd Alfred Naccache, Achrafieh, PO Box 16 6830, Beirut, Lebanon
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:139-42. 2005..Different techniques such as color Doppler sonography, excretory urography, cystography, CT, MRI, cystoscopy, vaginoscopy, and hysterography were performed with variable results, mostly negative and sometimes undefined...
- Contrast extravasation on CT angiography predicts hematoma expansion in intracerebral hemorrhageJ N Goldstein
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neurology 68:889-94. 2007..However, only a minority arrive within this time frame. Therefore, alternative markers for expansion risk are needed...
- Clinical outcome of active extravasation in splenic traumaCasey A Rhodes
Department of Radiology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI, 48073, USA
Emerg Radiol 11:348-52. 2005..Of grade V injuries, 3/8 showed active extravasation, and all three underwent intervention. Splenectomy may not be necessary in appropriately chosen patients with active extravasation from the spleen in blunt abdominal trauma...
- Rupture of the renal pelvis complicating a renal colic: report of a caseEnrico Ferri
Department of Emergency Medicine, AO Sant Andrea, La Sapienza University of Rome, 00189 Rome, Italy
Am J Emerg Med 24:383-5. 2006
- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding: contrast-enhanced MDCTW Yoon
Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 757, South Korea
Abdom Imaging 31:1-8. 2006..Contrast-enhanced MDCT may be a promising diagnostic option in patients with acute GI bleeding...
- CT-guided percutaneous vertebroplasty in the therapy of vertebral compression fracturesT J Vogl
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:797-803. 2006..CT-guidance is a reasonable upgrade in the treatment procedure which reduces the amount of bone-cement leakage...
- [CT-based analysis of cement distribution in unipedicular vertebroplasty]M Walz
Abteilung für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Klinikum, Hagenskamp 34, 29525 Uelzen, Deutschland
Unfallchirurg 109:932-9. 2006..Studies evaluating cement distribution with CT scans using a unipedicular approach have not been published yet...
- Diagnosis of blunt bladder injury: A prospective comparative study of computed tomography cystography and conventional retrograde cystographyPeter V Quagliano
Department of Radiology, McGuire Veterans Medical Center, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23249, USA
J Trauma 61:410-21; discussion 421-2. 2006..The study also aimed to validate our proposed method of performing CT cystography, which was designed to minimize the time and effort required to image the bladder...
- Value of delayed imaging in MDCT of the abdomen and pelvisShreyas S Vasanawala
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:154-63. 2006..Our objective was to illustrate the benefits of obtaining delayed CT images...
- Anastomotic leaks: what is the best diagnostic imaging study?G A Nicksa
University of Connecticut Health Center and School of Medicine, Farmington, CT, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 50:197-203. 2007..The present study was designed to evaluate and compare these two common radiographic imaging modalities in detecting lower gastrointestinal anastomotic leaks...
- Aneurysm re-rupture during computed tomography angiographyA Perez-Nunez
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Acta Radiol 47:419-21. 2006..No hemodynamic or contrast-related factors can be evoked predisposing to he occurrence of this complication during this imaging technique. This, along with the short study time, may explain the rarity of this coincidence...
- Gastrointestinal tract perforation: CT diagnosis of presence, site, and causeA Furukawa
Department of Radiology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Seta Tsukinowa cho Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Abdom Imaging 30:524-34. 2005..Gastrointestinal mural pathology and associated adjacent inflammation are precisely assessed with thin-section images and multiplanar reformations that aid in the assessment of the site and cause of perforation...
- Relationship between pseudoaneurysm formation and biloma after successful transarterial embolization for severe hepatic injury: permanent embolization using stainless steel coils prevents pseudoaneurysm formationAkiyoshi Hagiwara
Department of Traumatology and Critical Care Medicine, Kyorin University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Trauma 59:49-53; discussion 53-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the association between bilomas and pseudoaneurysm complications after severe hepatic injury...
- Catheter-malposition-induced cardiac tamponade via contrast media leakage during computed tomography studyChi Di Liang
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Radiology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:822-4. 2005..Two hours after successful cardiopulmonary resuscitation, the patient gradually resumed normal hemodynamic status...
- Hyperdense pericardial effusion in dermatomyositis and contrast induced nephropathySridhar Kamath
Department of Radiology, X ray East, Level 6, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH, United Kingdom E
Emerg Radiol 11:177-9. 2005..High-density pericardial effusion can be a result of an insidious cause such as pericardial inflammation rather than the more usual causes such as coronary or cardiac perforation...
- [Extravasation of contrast medium after carotid stent with brain infarction symptoms]D Canovas
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Parc Tauli, Sabadell Barcelona, Spain
Neurologia 22:187-90. 2007....
- CT mapping of the distribution of saline during radiofrequency ablation with perfusion electrodesA R Gillams
Department of Medical Imaging, The Middlesex Hospital, University College London Medical School, Mortimer Street, London, W1T, 3AA, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:476-80. 2005..Our aim was to study the distribution of saline during RF ablation...
- Pediatric splenic injuries with a contrast blush: successful nonoperative management without angiography and embolizationDavid R Cloutier
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:969-71. 2004..Arterial embolization is believed to reduce this failure rate. The significance of a blush in pediatric trauma is unknown. The authors evaluated the outcome of children with blunt splenic trauma and contrast extravasation...
- [The evaluation of balloonkyphoplasty for osteoporotic vertebral fractures. An interdisciplinary concept]J Hillmeier
Abteilung für Unfall und orthopädische Chirurgie des St Vincenz Krankenhauses Limburg
Orthopade 33:893-904. 2004..With two new surgical techniques, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty, an internal stabilisation of osteoporotic vertebral fractures is possible...
- [Extravasation of contrast media in brain parenchyma and cerebrospinal fluid space after CT or DSA of thorax or abdomen]T Bretscheider
Rofo 173:497-501. 2001..For differential diagnosis, the clinical symptoms and CT patterns of a disruption of the blood-brain or blood-CSF barrier should be known...
- Emergent transcatheter arterial embolization in hemodynamically unstable patients with blunt splenic injuryWei Ching Lin
Department of Radiology, China Medical University Hospital, No 2, Yuh Der Road, Taichung, 40406, Taiwan, ROC
Acad Radiol 15:201-8. 2008..This study aimed to evaluate the feasibility of emergent transcatheter arterial embolization (TAE) for hemodynamically unstable patients with blunt splenic injury...
- [Pelvic and leg venous thrombosis as a complication of percutaneous vertebroplasty]Günther J Kraus
Rofo 175:565-6. 2003
- A biomechanical comparison of lateral and posterior approaches to sacroplastyMatthew D Waites
International Center for Orthopaedic Advancement, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E735-8. 2008..Biomechanical cadaveric bench study...
- Nonionic contrast neurotoxicity after coronary angiography mimicking subarachnoid hemorrhageJoachim Velden
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroradiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany
Eur Neurol 49:249-51. 2003
- Intrathoracic extravasation of antineoplastic agents: case report and systematic reviewA Kursat Bozkurt
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Clin Oncol 26:121-3. 2003..Six additional cases of intrathoracic cytostatic agent extravasation were identified and the etiologic factors, clinical course, treatment strategy, and outcome were reviewed for each case...
- Focal increased cortical density in immediate postembolization CT scans of patients with intracranial aneurysmsA Ozturk
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University Hospitals, Ankara, Turkey
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1866-75. 2006..The clinical significance and possible underlying mechanism were evaluated...
- Computed tomography contrast blush demonstrating active bleeding from a complex pelvic fracture in a childJulie A Margenthaler
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Trauma 54:799. 2003
- Intra-arterial contrast-enhanced spiral CT: adjunct to angiography for localizing obscure gastrointestinal bleedK P Sreekumar
Department of Radiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Amrita Lane, Elamakkara, Cochin 682 026, Kerala
Indian J Gastroenterol 21:230-1. 2002..The technique localized the lesions to the mid jejunum and distal duodenum...
- Brain retention of contrast medium with transient neurological syndrome following coronary angiographyFerdinando Massari
Heart and Lung Department, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena Fondazione I R C C S, Via Francesco Sforza 35, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:969-70. 2007
- Cerebral hemorrhage with angiographic extravasation immediately after carotid artery stentingKatsutoshi Takayama
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Ishinkai Yao General Hospital, 1 41 Numa, Yao, 581 0081, Japan
Radiat Med 25:359-63. 2007..A search of the literature revealed only one other similar case report. The etiology of the intracerebral hemorrhage immediately after carotid stenting might be analogous to that of hypertensive hemorrhage...
- Pelvic arterial hemorrhage in patients with pelvic fractures: detection with contrast-enhanced CTWoong Yoon
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak Dong, Dong Ku, Gwangju 501 757, South Korea
Radiographics 24:1591-605; discussion 1605-6. 2004....
- [Acute thoracic pain]D Matt
Institut fur Radiologie, Kantonsspital Baden
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:1023-7. 2007..A spontaneous esophageal rupture (Boerhaave Syndrome) was diagnosed. An additional fluoroscopic study was performed to evaluate the exact site of rupture...
- Transient partial amnesia complicating cardiac and peripheral arteriography with nonionic contrast mediumAltan Yildiz
Department of Radiology, Mersin Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Hastanesi Radyoloji Anabilim Dali, Ihsaniye Mahallesi 123, Cadde 4931, 33079 Sokak Mersin, Turkey
Eur Radiol 13:L113-5. 2003..The patient also fully recovered from the neurological symptoms within 24 h. We discussed the possible mechanism for blood-brain barrier disruption in this case...
- The availability of contrast media in the application of Holmium-166-DTPA for vascular brachytherapyYoung Don Hong
Division of Radioisotope Application, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Daejeon, South Korea
Nucl Med Biol 31:225-30. 2004....
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in the assessment of acute pancreatitisMarianna Arvanitakis
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasmus University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 126:715-23. 2004..This study aimed to compare the accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with computed tomography (CT) in assessing acute pancreatitis (AP) and to explore the correlation between MRI findings and clinical outcome...
- Simultaneous ischemic and neurotoxic brain damage after coronary angiographyGernot Schulte-Altedorneburg
Department of Radiology and Neuroradiology, Klinikum Augsburg, Germany
Neurol Res 26:79-82. 2004..CT changes and time course of clinical symptoms are presented and discussed for both lesions of presumably different etiology...
- [Cerebral contrast medium extravasation after coronary angioplasty]H Foltys
Abteilung fur Neurologie, Universitätsklinik Aachen
Nervenarzt 74:892-5. 2003..If neurological symptoms occur during angiography, contrast media extravasation must be distinguished from embolism or vasospasm induced by the angiographic procedure...
- Ultrasound targeted microbubble destruction increases capillary permeability in hepatomasRaffi Bekeredjian
Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:1592-8. 2007..In conclusion, ultrasound targeted microbubble destruction is able to transiently increase capillary permeability in hepatomas. Using naked DNA, this technique does not seem to be feasible for noninvasive transfection of hepatomas...
- Changes in vascular leakage and expression of angiopoietins in the corpus luteum during pregnancy in ratsAki Matsuoka-Sakata
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Reproductive, Pediatric and Infectious Science, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minamikogushi 1 1 1, Ube, 755 8505 Japan
Reproduction 131:351-60. 2006..Estradiol contributes to blood vessel stabilization in the CL during mid-pregnancy, which is associated with an increase in Ang-1 expression...
- [How to improve central venous catheter use in intensive care unit?]J Merrer
Unite d Hygiene et de Lutte contre les Infections Nosocomiales, Centre Hospitalier de Poissy St Germain en Laye, 10, rue du Champ Gaillard, 78300 Poissy, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:180-8. 2006..It should be possible to improve the benefit/risk ratio of central venous catheterization in intensive care unit...
- Use of an angiographic catheter to facilitate fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous renal access in cases with diffuse contrast extravasationStilianos Giannakopoulos
Department of Urology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Endourol 24:1575-8. 2010..Occasionally during percutaneous surgery, significant contrast extravasation obscures the field, making fluoroscopic access no longer feasible. Herein, we describe a salvage technique...
- [99mTc-MAA peritoneal scintigraphy in pleuroperitoneal comunication in peritoneal dialysis patients]A C Hernández Martínez
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 29:84-6. 2010..The peritoneal scintigraphy with (99m)Tc-MAA makes it possible to confirm communication of intraperitoneal dialysis fluid to the pleural cavity...
- Deletion of aquaporin 5 aggravates acute lung injury induced by Pseudomonas aeruginosaZi Qiang Zhang
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Trauma 71:1305-11. 2011..In this study, we hypothesized that AQP5 might be protective in acute lung injury induced by PA, and deletion of AQP5 might lead to aggravated lung injury...
- Extravasation of contrast media managed with recombinant human hyaluronidaseJohn Rowlett
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Georgia Emergency Associates, 5 Executive Circle, Savannah, GA 31406, USA
Am J Emerg Med 30:2102.e1-3. 2012..Hyaluronidase successfully treated this extravasation of a large volume of iodinated contrast and appears to be a reasonable treatment option for more extensive subcutaneous contrast media extravasations...
- Photochemically crosslinked collagen annulus plug: a potential solution solving the leakage problem of cell-based therapies for disc degenerationT K Chik
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Acta Biomater 9:8128-39. 2013..This work suggests the potential of the annulus plug as an adjunct or annulus closure device for intra-disc delivery of cells and materials. ..
- Transarterial embolization for massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage following abdominal surgeryChun gao Zhou
Chun Gao Zhou, Hai Bin Shi, Sheng Liu, Zheng Qiang Yang, Lin Bo Zhao, Jin Guo Xia, Wei Zhong Zhou, Lin Sun Li, Department of Interventional Radiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:6869-75. 2013..To evaluate the clinical results of angiography and embolization for massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage after abdominal surgery...
- Novel computed tomography scan scoring system predicts the need for intervention after splenic injuryBurke E Thompson
Department of Central Carolina Surgery, Moses Cone Health System, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
J Trauma 60:1083-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to develop a computed tomography (CT) scan screening test to predict the need for intervention in patients with splenic injury...
- Prevalence of extravertebral cement leakage after vertebroplasty: procedural documentation versus CT detectionDOUGLAS J MARTIN
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Acta Radiol 53:569-72. 2012..Reported incidence of extravertebral cement leakage after vertebroplasty varies widely across studies...
- Quantitative modeling of the high-throughput production and in vivo kinetics of (drug-encapsulating) liposomesAlbert Wong
Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10280. 2010..The results have implications for the identification of promising liposome compositions via high-throughput screening methodologies, as well as the design and optimization of high-throughput reactors for liposome production...
- Implications of evidence-based venipuncture practice in a pediatric health care Magnet facilityLynn Anson
Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 41:179-85. 2010..78, df = 1, p = .000) and phlebitis (t = 172.14, df = 1, p = .000). These results showed that an online training program increases knowledge and practices regarding venipuncture...
- [Soft-tissue defects on the dorsum of the hand by extravasation of the cytostatic agents: surgical options of treatment]H G Damert
Klinik für Plastische, Wiederherstellungs und Handchirurgie, Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Germany
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 39:409-13. 2007..In all cases we could later perform a stable wound closure. In our opinion, this two-step procedure with primary radical debridement, temporary wound coverage and later wound closure should be performed regularly...
- Detection of arterial bleeding points in basilar subarachnoid hemorrhage by postmortem angiographyEdwin Ehrlich
Charite University Medicine of Berlin, Department of Legal Medicine, Turmstr 21, D 10559 Berlin, Germany
Leg Med (Tokyo) 10:171-6. 2008....
- Severe postpartum haemorrhage from ruptured pseudoaneurysm: successful treatment with transcatheter arterial embolizationPhilippe Soyer
Department of Abdominal Imaging, Hopital Lariboisière AP HP Université Paris 7, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Eur Radiol 18:1181-7. 2008..Ineffectiveness of suprostone and absence of uterine atony should raise the possibility of a ruptured pseudoaneurysm...
- Intraperitoneal extravasation of total parental nutrition infusate from an umbilical venous catheterI Shareena
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Bandar Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur 56000, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 49:e35-6. 2008..Various complications have been reported to be associated with this path of delivery, one of which will be illustrated in this case report...
- Which study when? Is gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging safer than iodine-enhanced CT?Jeffrey C Weinreb
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, PO Box 208042, New Haven, CT 06520 8042, USA
Radiology 249:3-8. 2008
- Transabdominal sonocystography: a novel technique to assess vesicourethral extravasation following radical prostatectomyHerbert Lepor
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Urol 180:2459-62. 2008..We describe our new technique of transabdominal sonocystography in men following radical prostatectomy...
- Case of skin necrosis due to arginine monohydrochloride extravasationElisa Bassi
Department of Human and Hereditary Pathology, Dermatology Clinic, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Italy
J Dermatol 34:198-200. 2007..Conservative management with local medications led to complete resolution within 2 months...
- Delayed extrusion of hydroxyapatite cement after transpetrosal reconstructionRobert G Kerr
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute and College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0515, USA
Neurosurgery 64:527-31; discussion 531-2. 2009..We previously identified delayed extrusion of this cement as a significant complication associated with this closure technique and now update our long-term experience...
- Effects of diagnostic contrast-enhanced ultrasound on permeability of placental barrier: a primary studyX Hua
Dept Ultrasound, Southwest Hospital affiliated to Third Military Medical University, Shapingba, Chongqing 400038, P R China
Placenta 30:780-4. 2009..To evaluate the effects of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEU) on the permeability of placental barrier primarily...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound for imaging blunt abdominal trauma - indications, description of the technique and imaging reviewD Cokkinos
Radiology, Evangelismos Hospital, 5 Dorylaiou, Athens, Greece
Ultraschall Med 33:60-7. 2012..Altogether, CEUS has proved to be very helpful for the initial imaging of traumatic lesions of the liver, kidney and spleen, as well as for patient follow-up...
- Peripheral intravenous catheters: considerations in theory and practiceJoanna C Trim
Birmingham New Hospitals Project, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust
Br J Nurs 14:654-8. 2005..This article provides both the theoretical and practical knowledge to assist nurses who wish to include cannulation as part of their clinical remit...
- Second metatarsophalangeal joint arthrography: a cadaveric correlation studyNeal M Blitz
Department of Orthopedics, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 43:231-40. 2004..This cadaveric study shows that anatomic variances exist concerning the second metatarsophalangeal capsule and that arthrography should be correlated with the clinical scenario...
- Effect of COX inhibitors on VEGF-induced retinal vascular leakage and experimental corneal and choroidal neovascularizationMarisol R Castro
Department of Biological Sciences, Allergan, Inc, 2525 Dupont, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:275-85. 2004..The lack of effect with COX inhibitors on either VEGF-mediated dermal extravasation or VEGF-mediated blood-retinal barrier breakdown indicates that COX activity is not required for vascular leakage responses to VEGF...
- Vancomycin: new perspectives on an old drugLynn Hadaway
Lynn Hadaway Associates, Inc, USA
J Infus Nurs 26:278-84. 2003..New technologies of vascular access and infusion controlling devices are changing old, established practices. This update provides an examination of the current literature on all aspects of infusing vancomycin and monitoring patients...
- A new model of visceral pain and referred hyperalgesia in the mouseJ M Laird
Department of Physiology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, E 28871, Madrid, Spain
Pain 92:335-42. 2001..We conclude that this model represents a useful tool both for phenotyping mutant mice and for classical pharmacology since information on visceral pain, referred hyperalgesia and colon inflammation can all obtained from the same animal...
- Massive intraabdominal extravasation of fluid: a life threatening complication following percutaneous nephrolithotomyB Ghai
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Int Urol Nephrol 35:315-8. 2003..The patient also required a further surgery for the complete removal of the stones...
- Dexrazoxane-a promising antidote in the treatment of accidental extravasation of anthracyclinesJesper Naested Jensen
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Roskilde University Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 37:174-5. 2003..Although infusion of dexrazoxane for this indication is still experimental we consider it a promising treatment for patients who have accidental extravasation of anthracyclines...
- Physeal arrest of the ankle secondary to extravasation in a neonate and its treatment by the Gruca operation: a modern application of an old techniqueAkifusa Wada
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka Children s Hospital, Tojinmachi, Chuo Ku, Japan
J Pediatr Orthop B 12:129-32. 2003..We report a case of physeal arrest secondary to extravasation of an intravenous infusion in a neonate. The ankle was reconstructed according to the Gruca operation followed by callus distraction lengthening...
- Effect of customization of master gutta-percha cone on apical control of root filling using different techniques: an ex vivo studyS P van Zyl
Unit of Endodontology, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, London, UK
Int Endod J 38:658-66. 2005....
- Effect of inositol-trisphosphate on fluid transport and protein extravasation in the obstructed small bowelA M Lahti
Institution of Surgical Specialties, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1417-21. 2002..The effects of alpha-Trinositol on inflammation and fluid losses in the obstructed small intestine are examined...
- Lymphatic Tc-99m DMSA localization after partial-dose extravasationJan Stauss
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Nucl Med 28:618-9. 2003
- Dynamic CT myelography: a technique for localizing high-flow spinal cerebrospinal fluid leaksPatrick H Luetmer
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1711-4. 2003..This study introduces a dynamic CT myelographic technique that provides high temporal and spatial resolution. In this technical note, we describe the utility of this technique in four patients with challenging high-flow spinal CSF leaks...
- Transurethral vaporisation of the prostate and irrigating fluid absorptionR A Gray
Anaesthetic Department, Toowoomba Hospital, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Anaesthesia 58:787-91. 2003..The incidence of irrigating fluid absorption during trainees' operations appeared to be less using TUVP than using conventional TURP...
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Injury Induced Facilitated Neurogenic InflammationWade Kingery; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neutrophil-Mediated Melanoma Cell Adhesion and MigrationCheng Dong; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, since adhesion is a critical step in tumor metastasis these studies may identify novel therapeutic targets against invasive melanomas. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICELLAR CARRIERS FOR SPARINGLY SOLUBLE PHARMACEUTICALSVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fifth International Nanomedicine and Drug DeliveryVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long-Circulating Polymer-Modified LiposomesVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL REGULATION OF BONE REMODELINGWade Kingery; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations will help to identify the sensory transmitters that modulate bone remodeling and characterize their roles in osteoporotic processes. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- CNS antigen sensitization in stroke.Kyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data derived from this study will be used to plan future trials of immunomodulation in patients with stroke. ..
- Multiscale modeling of leukocyte-tumor cell adhesion to endothelium in shear flowCheng Dong; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- THE ROLE OF LYMPHOCYTES IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIC INJURYKyra Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL STIMULI-SENSITIVE PHARMACEUTICAL NANOCARRIERSVladimir P Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MICELLAR CARRIERS FOR SPARINGLY SOLUBLE PHARMACEUTICALSVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- High Intensity Ultrasound in GastroenterologyJOO HWANG; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this work will help to gain a better understanding of the mechanisms of HIFU and its potential role for other GI applications such as tumor therapy. ..
- LCDIO FOR LYMPH NODE MR IMAGINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- MR IMAGING OF GENE EXPRESSIONRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of this research is to extend the capabilities of MR and apply it to in vivo imaging of gene expression. ..
- MUSCLE CAPILLARY GEOMETRY, FLOW, AND OXYGEN TRANSFERDavid Poole; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Quantitative MRI Assessment of Tumor Vascular and Oxygen ReactivityCHRISTOPHER QUARLES; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION AND MOTILITY IN TUMOR CELL MIGRATIONCheng Dong; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HIGH EFFICIENCY LYMPHOCYTE LABELING FOR IN VIVO TRACKINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, the investigators believe that the proposed research is in the widest interest to the current NIAID program and other research programs in further developing robust tools to track immune cells in vivo. ..
- MR imaging of myeloperoxidase activityRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this research is to develop clinically useful imaging tools for the molecular assessment of atherosclerosis in vivo, which are currently limited. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIBODY-TARGETED POLYMERIC SYSTEMS FOR TUMOR IMAGINGVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Diffuse optical tomography system for molecular imagingRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MRI MONITORING OF ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITIONROBERT BRASCH; Fiscal Year: 2008....