Summary: A fracture in which the bone is splintered or crushed. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- [A 36 month prospective study of 12 plate osteosyntheses of distal radius fractures]M Limousin
Service de chirurgie de la main et du membre supérieur, orthopédie B, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille, France
Chir Main 22:138-43. 2003..The aim of the study was to examine whether it was technically feasible to fix such fractures using this technique and to assess the stability of the fixation at follow up...
- Functional outcome and complications after volar plating for dorsally displaced, unstable fractures of the distal radiusTamara D Rozental
Division of Hand Surgery, Department of Orhopedic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Hand Surg Am 31:359-65. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the functional outcome of patients treated with volar fixed-angle plating for dorsally displaced, unstable distal radius fractures...
- [Arrosion of flexor tendons after palmar plate osteosynthesis of the distal radius: three case reports]A Ateschrang
Unfallchirurgie, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Tübingen, Germany
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 39:418-22. 2007....
- Volar plating of dorsally comminuted fractures of the distal radius: a 6-year studyJohn D Douthit
Swedish and Porter Adventist Hospitals, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 34:140-7. 2005..Prominent plates and sharp-edged screws may imperil deep flexor tendons and should be removed. More liberal use of bone graft and improvements in plate design should reduce complications...
- Percutaneous fixation of comminuted fractures of the humerus: initial experience at Al Razi hospital, KuwaitWieslaw Pospula
Department of Orthopedics, Al Razi Hospital, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 15:423-6. 2006To present initial experience of 12 cases of percutaneous plating of the comminuted fractures of the humerus using minimal access surgery and standard low-contact dynamic compression plate.
- Minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis for comminuted fractures of the metaphysis of the radiusJ Imatani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Okayama Saiseikai General Hospital, Japan and Science of Functional Recovery and Reconstruction, Japan
J Hand Surg Br 30:220-5. 2005..Radial inclination, palmar tilt, and ulnar variance were restored without loss of reduction in all five cases and the fractures healed at an average of 10 weeks, with good to excellent clinical outcomes...
- A mechanical comparison of the locking compression plate (LCP) and the low contact-dynamic compression plate (DCP) in an osteoporotic bone modelMartyn Snow
Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Orthop Trauma 22:121-5. 2008..To determine if locking compression plates (LCP) are mechanically advantageous compared to low-contact dynamic compression plates (DCP) when used as a bridging plate in a synthetic model of osteoporotic bone...
- Primary hemiarthroplasty versus conservative treatment for comminuted fractures of the proximal humerus in the elderly (ProCon): a multicenter randomized controlled trialDennis den Hartog
Department of Surgery Traumatology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, P, O, Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:97. 2010..The treatment of comminuted fractures of the proximal humerus like selected three-or four-part fractures and split fractures of the humeral head ..
- Shaft fractures of the clavicle: current conceptsVinzenz Smekal
Department of Trauma Surgery and Sports Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:807-15. 2009..Though, indications for operative management remain controversial. Further prospective randomized comparative clinical trials are necessary for a well-founded risk-benefit analysis...
- Management of comminuted fractures of the olecranon by tension band wiringShahid Sultan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 15:27-9. 2003..b>Comminuted fractures of olecranon are unstable, therefore, bone graft and tension band wiring are supposed to give good ..
- Comminuted fractures of the olecranon. Management by bone graft from the iliac crest and multiple tension-band wiringM Ikeda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokai University Oiso Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 83:805-8. 2001Between 1993 and 1999, we treated ten patients with comminuted fractures of the olecranon by multiple tension-band wiring and a graft from the iliac crest. Their mean age was 35 years (19 to 56). The mean follow-up was for 28...
- Comminuted olecranon fractures: a comparison of plating methodsMichael J Gordon
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, 6550 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:94-9. 2006..This construct was significantly (48%) stronger than dual medial and lateral plating...
- Open reduction and palmar plate-osteosynthesis in combination with a nanocrystalline hydroxyapatite spacer in the treatment of comminuted fractures of the distal radiusF X Huber
Surgical Clinic, Division of Traumatology and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Hand Surg Br 31:298-303. 2006..The study demonstrates that Ostim, in combination with angularly stable osteosynthesis, can be used as an acceptable bone substitute for the treatment of type C2 and C3 radial fractures...
- Treatment of comminuted fractures of the proximal humerus in elderly patients with the Delta III reverse shoulder prosthesisMichael Klein
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Orthop Trauma 22:698-704. 2008To evaluate clinical and radiologic results after implantation of the Delta III reverse shoulder prosthesis in elderly patients with comminuted fractures of the proximal humerus.
- Congruent elbow plate fixation of olecranon fracturesMeredith L Anderson
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Orthop Trauma 21:386-93. 2007..Our results will be compared to previously published reports...
- Helical plate fixation for treatment of comminuted fractures of the proximal and middle one-third of the humerusKyu Hyun Yang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Youngdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Youngdong P O Box 1217, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Injury 36:75-80. 2005When an operative treatment is indicated for comminuted fractures of the proximal and middle one-third of the humerus, plate fixation is one of the better options...
- Technique tip: open reduction internal fixation of comminuted fractures of the navicular with bridge plating to the medial and middle cuneiformsKelly L Apostle
University of British Columbia, 3114 910 West 28 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V524E3, Canada
Foot Ankle Int 29:739-41. 2008
- [Results of excision of the radial head in comminuted fractures]Osman Tugrul Eren
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology 1 Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Kliniği, Sisli Etfal Hospital, 34360 Sişli, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 36:12-6. 2002..To evaluate the results of radial head excision in the treatment of comminuted radial head fractures...
- Separate vertical wiring for the fixation of comminuted fractures of the inferior pole of the patellaK H Yang
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Youngdong Severance Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:1155-60. 2003..We have evaluated the clinical effectiveness of the separate vertical wiring technique in acute comminuted fractures of the inferior pole of the patella...
- Displaced comminuted midshaft clavicle fractures: use of Mennen plate fixation systemRaffaele Russo
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ospedale dei Pellegrini, Napoli, Italy
J Trauma 63:951-4. 2007..However, it is often difficult stabilizing small fragments, and there are several complications. The aim of this study was to assess an alternative technique using a Mennen plate...
- Combined dorsal and volar plate fixation of complex fractures of the distal part of the radiusDavid Ring
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Yawkee Center, Suite 2100, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:195-212. 2005..2 according to the Comprehensive Classification of Fractures) are a challenge for surgeons using standard operative techniques...
- Outcomes of severely comminuted (type III) nasoorbitoethmoid fracturesAlan S Herford
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Loma Linda University, CA 92350, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1266-77. 2005..Inadequate treatment may result in secondary deformities which are difficult to treat. Severely comminuted fractures require repositioning of the medial canthal tendon...
- Condylar blade plate fixation of unstable fractures of the distal ulna associated with fracture of the distal radiusDavid Ring
Harvard Medical School, Hand and Upper Extremity Service, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Ambulatory Care Center 525, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:103-9. 2004..To review the results of condylar blade plate fixation of unstable fractures of the distal ulna associated with fracture of the distal radius...
- Y-T humeral fractures with supracondylar comminution in five catsC Macias
Centro Veterinario De Referencia Bahía de Málaga, Parque Empresarial Laurotorre 25, Alhaurín de la Torre, 29130 Málaga, Spain
J Small Anim Pract 47:89-93. 2006..Three cats were free of lameness and had resumed outdoor activities at follow-up (five to eight months after surgery). Marked lameness due to loss of elbow movement was observed in the other case...
- [Operative treatment of complicated distal femoral fractures]Zhi Qiang Wang
Traumatic Department, Second Hospital of Tangshan City, Tangshan, Hebei, P R China 063000
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 18:12-4. 2004..To explore an effective way for treating severe complicated distal femoral fractures...
- Locking versus nonlocking T-plates for dorsal and volar fixation of dorsally comminuted distal radius fractures: a biomechanical studyCorey Trease
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Hand Surg Am 30:756-63. 2005..Locking plates may increase construct strength and stiffness. This study compares dorsal and volar locking and nonlocking plates in a dorsally comminuted distal radius fracture model...
- Use of a distraction plate for distal radial fractures with metaphyseal and diaphyseal comminutionDavid S Ruch
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:945-54. 2005..One approach is to apply a dorsal 3.5-mm plate extra-articularly from the radius to the third metacarpal, stabilizing the diaphysis and maintaining distraction across the radiocarpal joint...
- Acutrak fixation of comminuted distal radial fracturesKirti Moholkar
Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, UK
Acta Orthop Belg 70:478-81. 2004..The purpose of this technical note is to discuss the fracture, the fixation technique, and the management of this subtype of distal radial fractures in young adults...
- Dorsal plating for comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal end of the radiusD Osada
Department of Orthopaedics, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Hand Surg 9:181-90. 2004..Use of dorsal Symmetry plate is effective for unstable comminuted intra-articular distal radius fractures, but severely comminuted fractures may possibly undergo re-displacement post-operatively.
- Functional evaluation of comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal humerus (AO type C). Long term results in twenty-six patientsMinos Tyllianakis
Orthopaedic Department, Patras University, 26504 Rio Patras, Greece
Acta Orthop Belg 70:123-30. 2004....
- Early results with the new internal fixator systems LCP and LISS: a prospective studyYolanda Hernanz González
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Acta Orthop Belg 73:60-9. 2007..Despite the large number of open and comminuted fractures, no serious complications such as deep infections, vascular lesions, deep venous thrombosis or non-unions ..
- The results of open reduction and internal fixation in elderly patients with severe fractures of the distal humerus: a critical analysis of the resultsTeng Le Huang
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Trauma 58:62-9. 2005..We would like to define the results of treatment of open reduction and internal fixation in elderly patients with severe fractures of the distal humerus...
- Open reduction and internal fixation of distal radial fractures using the Pi-plateErnest A Fawzy
Department of Orthopaedics, Horton Hospital, Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Injury 36:317-23. 2005..The Pi-plate can be used in a wide spectrum of distal radial fractures including complex comminuted intra-articular (AO type C3) fractures with satisfactory functional outcome and low rate of complication...
- [Palmar fixed angle plating systems for instable distal radius fractures]H Krimmer
Klinik fur Handchirurgie, Rhön Klinikum, Bad Neustadt Saale
Unfallchirurg 107:460-7. 2004..The majority beside the B3 types and one C3 fracture were dorsally displaced. All of them showed healing without relevant secondary loss of reduction. Mean DASH score reached 19 points...
- Dorsal fracture-dislocation of the proximal interphalangeal joint: a comparative study of percutaneous Kirschner wire fixation versus open reduction and internal fixationA Aladin
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, University Hospital Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
J Hand Surg Br 30:120-8. 2005..The results of this relatively simple treatment appear at least as satisfactory as those obtained by the two techniques of open reduction and internal fixation, both of which were technically demanding...
- Bridge plating of distal radius fractures: the Harborview methodDouglas P Hanel
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 445:91-9. 2006..We describe the technique and review our experience with a retrospective chart review of 62 consecutive patients...
- The use of pre-contoured plates in the treatment of C2-C3 fractures of the distal humerus: clinical experienceAndrea Celli
Dipartimento di Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Policlinico di Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
Chir Organi Mov 91:57-64. 2008..Our experience shows also that it can be useful to obtain an anatomical reduction of distal humeral fractures using the pre-contoured plates in a parallel position recovering the anatomical antiversion of the articular surface...
- Mechanical characteristics of locking and compression plate constructs applied dorsally to distal radius fracturesScott Boswell
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:623-9. 2007..This study compared the stiffness and strength of dorsally applied locking and standard (nonlocking) T-plates applied to a dorsally comminuted distal radius fracture model...
- Percutaneous pins versus volar plates for unstable distal radius fractures: a biomechanic study using a cadaver modelJeffrey Knox
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington Medical School, Harborview Biomechanics Laboratory, Seattle, WA, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:813-7. 2007..The biomechanic stability of these 2 methods was studied by using a cadaver model of a dorsally unstable intra-articular distal radius fracture...
- Extraperiosteal plating of pronation-abduction ankle fractures. Surgical techniqueJodi Siegel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, 850 Harrison Avenue, D2N, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:135-44. 2008..The purpose of the present study was to report the technique for and outcomes of extraperiosteal plating in a series of patients with pronation-abduction ankle fractures...
- Preliminary functional results of endoscope-assisted transoral treatment of displaced bilateral condylar mandible fracturesR Schoen
Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:111-6. 2008..Postoperative range of motion with a satisfying lateral excursion was found. Early rehabilitation and pre-injury TMJ function was achieved following minimally invasive anatomic fracture reduction...
- Rupture of the flexor pollicis longus tendon after volar fixed-angle plating of a distal radius fracture: a case reportRaymond A Klug
Department of Orthopaedics, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:984-8. 2007..This may be a unique case of flexor pollicis longus rupture with a currently commercially available volar fixed-angle plate, placed at the site recommended by the manufacturer, in a patient without other predisposition to tendon rupture...
- [Locked volar plating for complex distal radius fractures: maintaining radial length]J Jeudy
Département de chirurgie osseuse, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49100 Angers Cedex
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 93:435-43. 2007..Fixed-angle volar plating offers the advantage of maintaining the reduction until fracture healing, without bridging the joint...
- Successful results of minimally invasive surgery for comminuted supracondylar femoral fractures with LISS: comparative study of multiply injured and isolated femoral fracturesCemil Kayali
2nd Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Tepecik Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Orthop Sci 12:458-65. 2007..The aim of this prospective study was to compare the outcomes of distal femoral fractures treated by the Less Invasive Stabilization System (LISS) in multiply injured and isolated fracture cases...
- [Open posterior dislocation of the elbow with fractures of the radial head and coronoid process and multiple diaphyseal fractures of the ulna]P Visna
Department of Traumatology, Motol Faculty Hospital, Prag 5, Tschechien
Unfallchirurg 111:193-6. 2008..Few studies have been concentrated on this topic up to now. We report on the functional and radiological results 24 months after the treatment of this rare, open "shock triad in the elbow."..
- Volar versus dorsal locking plates with and without radial styloid locking plates for the fixation of dorsally comminuted distal radius fractures: A biomechanical study in cadaversMurray Blythe
Fremantle Orthopaedic Unit, University of Western Australia, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
J Hand Surg Am 31:1587-93. 2006..To compare the stability and stiffness of dorsal and volar fixed-angle distal radius constructs in a cadaveric model...
- Internal fixation of dorsally displaced fractures of the distal part of the radius. A biomechanical analysis of volar plate fracture stabilityAndrew A Willis
Tri County Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, 160 East Hanover Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07962, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:2411-7. 2006....
- Use of an external fixation combined with the buttress-maintain pinning method in treating comminuted distal radius fractures in osteoporotic patientsYin Chih Fu
Department of Orthopaedics, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Trauma 60:330-3. 2006..It is difficult to keep the alignment of a distal radius fracture in patients with osteoporosis and prevent malunion. Therefore, we hoped to design better method to maintain alignment...
- Use of a distraction plate for distal radial fractures with metaphyseal and diaphyseal comminution. Surgical techniqueT Adam Ginn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:29-36. 2006..One approach is to apply a dorsal 3.5-mm plate extra-articularly from the radius to the third metacarpal, stabilizing the diaphysis and maintaining distraction across the radiocarpal joint...
- Biomechanical stability of a fixed-angle volar plate versus fragment-specific fixation system: cyclic testing in a C2-type distal radius cadaver fracture modelKenneth F Taylor
Orthopaedic Surgery Service, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96859 5000, USA
J Hand Surg Am 31:373-81. 2006..To compare the biomechanical stability of 2 recently introduced fixation systems in an intra-articular, dorsal comminution distal radius fracture model...
- The use of tricorticocancellous bone graft in severely comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal radiusRichard A Rogachefsky
Division of Hand Surgery, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Hand Surg Am 31:623-32. 2006..We report the results of a retrospective study of the use of tricorticocancellous iliac crest bone graft in 12 patients with acute AO type C3.2 or type C3.3 fractures of the distal radius who were followed up for at least 1 year...
- Reduction plating for provisional fracture fixationMichael T Archdeacon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0212, USA
J Orthop Trauma 20:206-11. 2006..This overarching concept and its modifications are described...
- Open reduction and internal fixation of Mason type III radial head fractures with and without an associated elbow dislocationUfuk Nalbantoglu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Acibadem Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Hand Surg Am 32:1560-8. 2007..An additional purpose was to investigate whether there is any effect of elbow dislocation on the severity and functional outcome...
- [Treatment of comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal radius by open reduction and volar plating in adults]Bulent Erol
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Marmara University Hospital, 34662 Altunizade, Istanbul, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 12:209-17. 2006..We herein present the mid-term results of the adult patients with comminuted intra-articular fractures of the distal radius who were treated by palmar plating...
- Use of locking compression plates for long bone nonunions without removing existing intramedullary nail: review of literature and our experienceBiren Nadkarni
Delhi Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Sant Parmanand Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Trauma 65:482-6. 2008..A method of obtaining stability at fracture site is described wherein locking compression plates are applied over the ununited fracture with bone grafting without removal of the underlying nail...
- Cerclage-wiring-assisted fixation of difficult hand fracturesL C Teoh
Department of Hand Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
J Hand Surg Br 31:637-42. 2006..With an average follow up of 44.5 months, all 17 fractures united without loss of reduction. At final follow-up, the average total active range of motion was 247 degrees (range 220-260 degrees )...
- [Fracture of the tibial head]M Raschke
Klinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, 48149, Munster
Chirurg 78:1157-69; quiz 1170-1. 2007..They can be classified into fractures of the tibial plateau, luxation fractures, and comminuted fractures. Luxation fractures are commonly associated with lesions of the menisci and intra- and extra-articular ..
- Dorsal plating for displaced intra-articular fractures of the distal radiusM Herron
The South Birmingham Trauma Unit, Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, UK
Injury 34:497-502. 2003..In these high energy injuries in the younger age group there exists no ideal solution. Internal fixation allows more predictable restoration of anatomy and early return to function...
- Comparison of different distal radius dorsal and volar fracture fixation plates: a biomechanical studyDenju Osada
Division of Research, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Hand Surg Am 28:94-104. 2003..To compare the biomechanical properties of 6 dorsal and volar fracture fixation plate designs in a cadaver model...
- [Combined palmar and dorsal approach for complex distal radius fractures]D Espen
Abteilung Orthopädie Unfallchirurgie Sanitätsbetrieb Bozen, Bolzano, Italy
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 35:22-30. 2003..The purpose of this paper was to describe our management of complex fractures of the distal radius using a combined dorsal and palmar approach and to evaluate the radiological and clinical outcome...
- Biological internal fixation of comminuted femur shaft fractures by bridge plating in childrenHaluk Agus
Second Clinic of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, S S K Tepecik Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
J Pediatr Orthop 23:184-9. 2003..It was concluded that biologic internal fixation by bridge plating was an effective surgical treatment method for the closed comminuted fractures of the proximal and distal thirds of the femur shaft in children.
- Open reduction and internal fixation of comminuted fractures of the radial head using low-profile mini-platesM Ikeda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokai University Oiso Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:1040-4. 2003Between 1996 and 2000, we treated ten patients with severely comminuted fractures of the radial head using low-profile mini-plates. Their mean age was 42 years (24 to 71)...
- Functional outcome and complications following two types of dorsal plating for unstable fractures of the distal part of the radiusTamara D Rozental
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:1956-60. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to determine the functional outcome and complications following dorsal plating for dorsally displaced, unstable fractures of the distal part of the radius...
- [Treatment of intraarticular comminuted supracondylar femoral fractures by indirect plate osteosynthesis]Haluk Agus
SSK Tepecik Eğitim Hastanesi II Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Kliniği, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 36:384-9. 2002..We evaluated the effectiveness of indirect plating, which is accepted as a biological fixation, in intraarticular comminuted supracondylar femoral fractures...
- [Combination of plate and external fixator for biological osteosynthesis of comminuted fractures]A Pippow
OZM, Orthopädisches Zentrum, Orthopädie FMH, Münsingen
Swiss Surg 8:230-6. 2002..With this combination of a plate with a EF we treated twelve patients with comminuted fractures of the tibia, the humerus and the femur...
- Comminuted fractures of the radial head: comparison of resection and internal fixation. Surgical techniqueMasayoshi Ikeda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokai University Oiso Hospital, Oiso, Naka gun Kanagawa 259 0198, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:11-23. 2006..In this study, we compared the results of radial head resection with those of open reduction and internal fixation in patients with a comminuted radial head fracture...
- [Management of complex distal radius fractures]D A Rikli
Kantonsspital, Chirurgie A, Lucerne, Switzerland
Zentralbl Chir 128:1008-13. 2003....
- [Treatment of the displaced distal humeral fractures- the original AO procedure by means of two reconstructive plates]R Corcaci
Clinica de Ortopedie Traumatologie, Spitalul Clinic de Urgente, Facultatea de Medicina, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 106:178-83. 2002..Thus, the arch of motion of the elbow is improved both in terms of flexion and extension. Moreover, the 2 reconstructive plates can be properly molded on the surface of the bone entailing a firmly stabilized distal humerus...
- Panfacial fractures: analysis of 33 cases treated lateDongmei He
Attending Surgeon, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Peking University, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2459-65. 2007..The aim of this retrospective study was to analyze the characteristics of delayed panfacial fractures and evaluate treatment results...
- [Articular coronal fractures of the distal humerus]A Chamseddine
Service de chirurgie orthopédique et de traumatologie, hôpital Sahel, CHU de Ghoubeiry, BP 99 25, Ghoubeiry, Beyrouth, Liban
Chir Main 28:352-62. 2009..We report our results of surgical treatment of 12 cases of these fractures in comparison to recent series of the literature...
- Outcome following acute primary distal ulna resection for comminuted distal ulna fractures at the time of operative fixation of unstable fractures of the distal radiusDavid E Ruchelsman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY, USA
Hand (N Y) 4:391-6. 2009..According to the Q modifier of the Comprehensive Classification of Fractures, there were six comminuted fractures of the ulnar neck (Q3) and five fractures of the head/neck (Q5)...
- What constitutes a Young and Burgess lateral compression-I (OTA 61-B2) pelvic ring disruption? A description of computed tomography-based fracture anatomy and associated injuriesKelly A Lefaivre
Department of Orthopaedics Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Orthop Trauma 23:16-21. 2009....
- Treatment considerations for comminuted mandibular fracturesEdward Ellis
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9109, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:861-70. 2003We sought to assess the methods of treatment used and outcomes for a large sample of patients with comminuted fractures of the mandible.
- [Long-term results in the surgical treatment of pilon tibial fractures. A retrospective study]O Kilian
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Unfallchirurgie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Rudolf Buchheim Strasse 7, 35385 Giessen
Chirurg 73:65-72. 2002..Furthermore, the significance of primary bone grafting in comminuted fractures to prevent aseptic pseudarthrosis has been acknowledged.
- Occurrence and pattern of long bone fractures in growing dogs with normal and osteopenic bonesK Kumar
Division of Surgery, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, UP, India
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 54:484-90. 2007..Oblique fractures were most common in both groups; however, comminuted fractures were more frequent in normal bones, whereas incomplete fractures were more common in osteopenic bones...
- Talar neck fractures: results and outcomesHeather A Vallier
Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:1616-24. 2004....
- [Pseudarthroses after distal radius fractures. What is the role of the distal radioulnar joint?]K J Prommersberger
Klinik fur Handchirurgie, Abteilung I, Rhön Klinikum, Bad Neustadt Saale
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 32:379-89. 2000..was suggested that an associated distal ulna shaft fracture increases the risk to develop a non-union for comminuted fractures of the distal radius...
- [Treatment of proximal ulnar comminuted fractures--a challenge]A Platz
Klinik für Unfallchirurgie, Universitatsspital Zurich
Swiss Surg 8:187-92. 2002b>Comminuted fractures of the proximal ulna are severe injuries often complicated by involvement of the elbow joint and damaged soft tissues...
- Is the use of arch bars or interdental wire fixation necessary for successful outcomes in the open reduction and internal fixation of mandibular angle fractures?R Bryan Bell
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97209, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:2116-22. 2008....
- Biomechanical testing of the LCP--how can stability in locked internal fixators be controlled?Karl Stoffel
Department of Orthpaedic Surgery, Kantonspital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Injury 34:B11-9. 2003..In fractures with a large fracture gap such as comminuted fractures, we advise placement of the innermost screws as close as practicable to the fracture...
- Immediate weight-bearing after treatment of a comminuted fracture of the femoral shaft with a statically locked intramedullary nailR J Brumback
Section of Orthopaedics, Program in Trauma, The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, The University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore 21201 1595, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 81:1538-44. 1999..The purpose of this two-part investigation was to test the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of immediate weight-bearing after treatment of fractures of the shaft of the femur with a statically locked intramedullary nail...
- The influence of fracture etiology and type on fracture healing: a review of 104 consecutive tibial shaft fracturesA H Karladani
Department of Orthopedics Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 121:325-8. 2001..Fractures were classified according to the AO classification system. There were 22 open fractures and 52 comminuted fractures. Thirty-eight fractures were caused by high-energy trauma...
- The proximal radial artery perforator flap (PRAP-flap): an anatomical study for its use in elbow reconstructionCesare Tiengo
Section of Plastic Surgery, Department of Medical and Surgical Specialities, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Surg Radiol Anat 29:245-51. 2007..anatomical study allowed us to plan and perform a PRAP-flap in a 35-year-old woman who was suffering from comminuted fractures of the olecranon and distal epiphysis of the humerus and soft tissue loss from traumatic injury of the ..
- [Arthroscopic stabilization of the fractured intercondylar eminence]L Pasa
Urazová nemocnice Brno, Kouty 42a, 621 00 Brno, CZ
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 72:160-3. 2005..The authors present the results of arthroscopic reduction of a displaced fracture of the intercondylar eminence and stabilization of the fracture with a tension band wire and absorbable, double PDS sutures...
- Crush extremity fractures associated with the 2008 Sichuan earthquake: anatomic sites, numbers and statuses evaluated with digital radiography and multidetector computed tomographyTian Wu Chen
Department of Radiology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Sichuan, China
Skeletal Radiol 38:1089-97. 2009..To investigate features of crush extremity fractures associated with massive earthquake on digital radiography (DR) and multidetector computed tomography (MDCT)...
- [Locking compressing plate combined with bone-grafting in medullary cavity for treatment of the distal fractures of tibia at delayed stage]Chang guo Fu
Department of Orthopaedics, the Coal General Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Zhongguo Gu Shang 22:809-11. 2009To explore the clinical effects of delayed open reduction and locking compressing plate (LCP) plus bone-grafting in medullary cavity for the distal comminuted fractures of tibia.
- Biomechanical comparison of stainless steel and titanium nails for fixation of simulated femoral fracturesAndrew T Mahar
Orthopedic Biomechanics Research Center, Department of Orthopedics, Children s Hospital, San Diego, San Diego, California 92123, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 24:638-41. 2004..the biomechanical differences between stainless steel and titanium nails when securing transverse and comminuted fractures in a synthetic femur model...
- The effects of airbags on orbital fracture patterns in frontal automobile crashesStefan M Duma
Virginia Tech, Mechanical Engineering, 114 Randolph Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:107-11. 2003..To investigate orbital fractures that occurred in frontal automobile crashes and to determine the effects of frontal airbags on injury incidence and severity...
- [Duration of surgery in osteosynthesis of fractures of the trochanter]J Bartonicek
Ortopedicko traumatologická klinika 3 LF UK a FNKV, Praha Vinohrady
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 68:294-9. 2001..To analyze duration of surgery in individual types of internal fixation of fractures of the trochanteric massif and identify factors which have an impact on it...
- Long-term physical impairment and functional outcomes after complex facial fracturesJ A Girotto
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 4659, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:312-27. 2001..Of group C and D Le Fort patients (severely comminuted fractures) only 55 and 58 percent, respectively, had returned to work at the time of follow-up interview...
- Accurate, firm stabilization using external pins: a proposal for closed reduction of unfavorable nasal bone fractures and their simple classificationSug Won Kim
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:1240-6; discussion 1247-8. 2002..type III (mixed), or type II with septal involvement; and (4) type IV (complex), including open or multiple comminuted fractures. After an initial evaluation to determine the fracture type, closed reduction and external fixation were ..
- [Tibia nonunion after intramedullar nailing for fracture: decortication and osteosynthesis by medial plating]P Piriou
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique et Traumatologique, Hopital Raymond Poincare, 104, Boulevard Raymond Poincare, 92380 Garches
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 91:222-31. 2005..Extension of nailing indications to proximal, distal, and comminuted fractures has led to a significant rate of complications...
- [A typical snowboarding injury--fracture of the processus lateralis tali]A Platz
Klinik für Unfallchirurgie, Universitatsspital Zurich
Ther Umsch 57:756-9. 2000..Because displaced or comminuted fractures can cause long-term disability, primary care physicians and specialists alike need to be aware of the ..
- [Open reduction and low-profile plate and/or screw fixation in the treatment of phalangeal fractures]Ufuk Nalbantoglu
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Medicine Faculty of Acibadem University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 43:317-23. 2009..We evaluated the functional results and the effectiveness of open reduction and low-profile plate and/or screw fixation in the treatment of phalangeal fractures...
- [Occipitocervical fixation: long-term follow-up in fifty-seven patients]J Stulik
Spondylochirurgické oddělení FN Motol
Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech 76:479-86. 2009..Occipitocervical fixation and spondylodesis is indicated in various cases of occipitocervical instability. The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the results of occipitocervical fixation at our institutions...
- Evaluation of results of interlocking nails in femur fractures due to high velocity gunshot injuriesMian Amjad Ali
Department of Orthopaedics, Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 20:16-9. 2008..e., Plating & screws, Intramedullary nailing, External fixator and Interlocking nails. Comminuted fractures due to gun shot injuries are a challenging problem for orthopaedic surgeons...
- [Unreconstructible radial head fracture: resection, implant of Swanson or prosthesis? Retrospective comparative study]L Obert
Service de Chirurgie Orthopédique Traumatologique Plastique Assistance Main, CHU Jean Minjoz, 25000 Besancon, France
Chir Main 24:17-23. 2005Treatment of unreconstructible comminuted fractures of the radial head remains a therapeutic challenge...
- [Radio-radial external fixation in the treatment of distal radius fractures allows for free wrist motion]G Gradl
Abteilung für Unfall und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Universität Rostock
Zentralbl Chir 128:1014-9. 2003..Immobilisation of the wrist joint is a further disadvantage. An extraarticular hybrid fixation of distal radius fractures was introduced that facilitates fracture reduction, safe retention and allows for free wrist movement...
- Early weight-bearing after statically locked reamed intramedullary nailing of comminuted femoral fractures: is it a safe procedure?M Arazi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Selcuk University, Medical School, Konya, Turkey
J Trauma 50:711-6. 2001The purpose of this study was to determine the safety of early weight-bearing after statically locked reamed nailing of comminuted fractures of the femoral diaphysis, and to assess the rate of implant failure and fracture healing.
- Unilateral external fixator in the treatment of lower third humeral shaft fracturesZhen Zhou Li
Department of Orthopedics, The 304th Clinical Branch of the General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Chin J Traumatol 8:230-5. 2005..To retrospectively analyze the effect of unilateral external fixators in the treatment of lower third humeral shaft fractures...
- Stabilization of the posterior pelvic ring with a slide-insertion plateBahman Dolati
Universitätsklinik für Unfallchirurgie und Sporttraumatologie, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Osterreich
Oper Orthop Traumatol 19:16-31. 2007..Minimally invasive stabilization of the posterior pelvic ring in type C injuries...
- Reducing the Disproportionate Burden of Orofacial InjuryVivek Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANICAL FACTORS IN CARTILAGE REPAIRSHAWN O DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is felt that these findings will have relevance to other important area of orthopedics, including fracture healing, and have significant potential to impact the care of patients. ..
- Tissue Engineering of Cartilage using PeriosteumSHAWN O DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, by eliminating the need for cell culture expansion facilities and expertise, the cost of this approach should be considerably less thereby making cartilage repair more globally accessible. ..