Genomes and Genes
Summary: An acute brain syndrome which results from the excessive ingestion of ETHANOL or ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Binge drinking and associated health risk behaviors among high school studentsJacqueline W Miller
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, Mailstop K 55, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Pediatrics 119:76-85. 2007....
- Event-level analyses of energy drink consumption and alcohol intoxication in bar patronsDennis L Thombs
Department of Behavioral Science and Community Health, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32610 0175, USA
Addict Behav 35:325-30. 2010..To assess event-level associations between energy drink consumption, alcohol intoxication, and intention to drive a motor vehicle in patrons exiting bars at night...
- Caffeinated cocktails: energy drink consumption, high-risk drinking, and alcohol-related consequences among college studentsMary Claire O'Brien
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:453-60. 2008..This study examines the relationship between energy drink use, high-risk drinking behavior, and alcohol-related consequences...
- Normative beliefs, misperceptions, and heavy episodic drinking in a british student sampleJohn McAlaney
School of Social Sciences, University of Paisley, Paisley, Scotland, UK
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:385-92. 2007..S. college system. The aim of the current study, therefore, was to investigate heavy episodic drinking and normative misperceptions in a U.K. university setting...
- Effects of alcohol, expectancies, and partner type on condom use in college males: event-level analysesJoseph LaBrie
Department of Psychology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA, 90045, USA
J Sex Res 42:259-66. 2005..Improving knowledge about HIV and other STD transmission in casual partners and challenging expectancies about alcohol as a sexual disinhibitor could help decrease the spread of HIV and other STDs...
- Excessive drinking and other problem behaviours among 14-16 year old schoolchildrenDavid Best
National Addiction Centre Institute of Psychiatry, PO Box 48, Addiction Sciences Building, 4 Windsor Walk, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8AF, United Kingdom
Addict Behav 31:1424-35. 2006..Understanding and responding to alcohol misuse among adolescents requires attention to psychological, social and developmental factors other than alcohol consumption alone...
- Effects of alcohol consumption and alcohol susceptibility on cognition: a psychophysiological examinationBruce D Bartholow
Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Missouri Alcoholism Research Center, CB 3270, Davie Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biol Psychol 64:167-90. 2003..Differences in self-reported susceptibility to alcohol were most evident in the amplitude of the P3 component. Findings are discussed in terms of the differential effects of acute dose and susceptibility on information processing...
- Cultural and gender convergence in adolescent drunkenness: evidence from 23 European and North American countriesEmmanuel Kuntsche
Research Institute, Addiction Info Switzerland, Lausanne, Switzerland
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:152-8. 2011..To investigate time-trend changes in the frequency of drunkenness among European and North American adolescents...
- Persistence of heavy drinking and ensuing consequences at heavy drinking collegesToben F Nelson
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55454, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 70:726-34. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine drinking levels, related harms, and secondhand effects of alcohol use at heavy drinking colleges between 1993 and 2005 at colleges with high levels of drinking in 1993...
- Moderators and mediators of two brief interventions for alcohol in the emergency departmentNancy P Barnett
Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Addiction 105:452-65. 2010..To evaluate moderators and mediators of brief alcohol interventions conducted in the emergency department...
- The extent of the 'prevention paradox' in alcohol problems as a function of population drinking patternsIngeborg Rossow
Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research, Oslo, Norway
Addiction 101:84-90. 2006..Data sets Two national surveys of Norwegian adult samples (n = 4321 current drinkers) and one register linkage of Swedish armed forces conscripts (n = 45 839 current drinkers) with in-patient hospital data...
- Acute alcohol intoxication impairs top-down regulation of Stroop incongruity as revealed by blood oxygen level-dependent functional magnetic resonance imagingKsenija Marinkovic
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0841, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 33:319-33. 2012..The present results support models proposing that alcohol-induced prefrontal impairments diminish inhibitory control and are modulated by dispositional risk factors and levels of alcohol consumption...
- Acute ethanol intoxication and the trauma patient: hemodynamic pitfallsJohn Bilello
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Fresno Campus, Fresno, CA, USA
World J Surg 35:2149-53. 2011..All trauma patients should have BAL drawn upon admission and their resuscitation should be performed with an understanding of the physiologic alterations associated with acute alcohol intoxication...
- Acute alcohol intoxication reduces mortality, inflammatory responses and hepatic injury after haemorrhage and resuscitation in vivoB Relja
Department of Trauma Surgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 165:1188-99. 2012..Alcohol intoxication is assumed to worsen pathophysiological derangements after H/R. Here, we studied the effects of acute alcohol intoxication on survival, liver injury and inflammation after H/R, in rats...
- Drinking and driving in Vietnam: public knowledge, attitudes, and practicesNhan T Tran
Johns Hopkins International Injury Research Unit, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 13:37-43. 2012..This study aims to illustrate the knowledge, attitudes, and practices around alcohol use and drinking and driving by age and sex in 3 provinces in Vietnam...
- Melatonin and vitamin C ameliorate alcohol-induced oxidative stress and eNOS expression in rat kidneyMehmet Fatih Sonmez
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Ren Fail 34:480-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the preventive effects of melatonin and vitamin C as antioxidants on renal injury in chronic alcohol consumption...
- The more you drink, the harder you fall: a systematic review and meta-analysis of how acute alcohol consumption and injury or collision risk increase togetherB Taylor
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario M5S2S1, Canada
Drug Alcohol Depend 110:108-16. 2010..22-1.55). Efforts to reduce drinking both on an individual level and a population level are important. No level of consumption is safe when driving and less than 2 drinks per occasion should be encouraged to reduce the risk of injury...
- The impact of drinking pattern on alcohol-related violence among adolescents: An international comparative analysisElin K Bye
Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research, Centrum, Oslo, Norway
Drug Alcohol Rev 29:131-7. 2010....
- Acute alcohol effects on inhibitory control and implicit cognition: implications for loss of control over drinkingMatt Field
School of Psychology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:1346-52. 2010..Inconsistencies in existing research and priorities for future research are highlighted, including dose effects and the potential interactions between chronic heavy drinking and the acute effects of alcohol on these cognitive processes...
- Effects of alcohol intoxication on the perceived consequences of risk takingK Fromme
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Austin 78712, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 5:14-23. 1997..Findings provide the first experimental evidence that alcohol intoxication may contribute to risk-taking behavior be altering expectations about negative consequences...
- Acute tolerance to alcohol effects on inhibitory and activational mechanisms of behavioral controlMark T Fillmore
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506 0044, USA
J Stud Alcohol 66:663-72. 2005..This study examined the expression of acute alcohol tolerance to impaired behavioral control in terms of changes in a drinker's ability to activate and inhibit behavioral responses as BAC ascended and declined following a dose...
- Multi-level analysis of causal attribution of injury to alcohol and modifying effects: Data from two international emergency room projectsCheryl J Cherpitel
Alcohol Research Group, 2000 Hearst Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94709, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 82:258-68. 2006..These findings have important implications for brief intervention in the ER if motivation to change drinking behavior is greater among those attributing a causal association of their drinking with injury...
- Clinical relevance of heavy drinking during the college years: cross-sectional and prospective perspectivesG R Parra
Alcoholism Research Center and Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia, 65211, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 15:350-9. 2001..Implications for assessment of heavy drinking as well as prevention of problematic alcohol use in college students are discussed...
- Effectiveness of multicomponent programs with community mobilization for reducing alcohol-impaired drivingRuth A Shults
Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:360-71. 2009....
- Effects of a community intervention to reduce the serving of alcohol to intoxicated patronsKatariina Warpenius
National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, Department of Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction, Helsinki, Finland
Addiction 105:1032-40. 2010..To assess the effects of an alcohol prevention programme to reduce the serving of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated clients on licensed premises...
- The role of acetaldehyde in the actions of alcohol (update 2000)C J Eriksson
Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:15S-32S. 2001..Recent advances in the field of acetaldehyde (AcH) research have raised the need for a comprehensive review on the role of AcH in the actions of alcohol. This update is an attempt to summarize the available AcH research...
- Strain differences in three measures of ethanol intoxication in mice: the screen, dowel and grip strength testsJ C Crabbe
Portland Alcohol Research Center, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Genes Brain Behav 2:201-13. 2003..These results suggest that different specific versions of a test reflect the influence of different genes, and that genetic influences on different tests were also distinct...
- Invertebrate models of drug abuseFred W Wolf
Department of Anatomy and Program in Neuroscience, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143 0452, USA
J Neurobiol 54:161-78. 2003..Here we review recent behavioral and genetic studies in flies and worms on the effects of ethanol, cocaine, and nicotine, three of the most widely abused drugs in the world...
- Sexual behavior and drinking style among teenagers: a population-based study in FinlandHanna M Lavikainen
School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Health Promot Int 24:108-19. 2009..Thus, it could be effective to combine both alcohol education and sex education, including contraceptive counseling, in early adolescence...
- Predicting and measuring premises-level harm in the night-time economySimon C Moore
Violence and Society Research Group, Applied Clinical Research and Public Health, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF144XY, UK
Alcohol Alcohol 46:357-63. 2011..To assess associations between measures of premises-level alcohol-related harm and risk factors for harm...
- Driving after binge drinkingTimothy S Naimi
Alcohol Team, Emerging Investigations and Analytic Methods Branch, Division of Adult and Community Health, National Centers for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:314-20. 2009..Although binge drinking is strongly associated with alcohol-impaired driving, little is known about the prevalence of or risk factors for driving after binge drinking...
- What do binge drinkers drink? Implications for alcohol control policyTimothy S Naimi
Emerging Investigations and Analytic Methods Branch, Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:188-93. 2007..This knowledge could guide prevention efforts because beer, wine, and liquor are taxed, marketed, and distributed differently...
- Acute alcohol tolerance on subjective intoxication and simulated driving performance in binge drinkersCecile A Marczinski
Department of Psychology, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY 41099, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 23:238-47. 2009..By contrast, non-binge drinkers showed no acute tolerance...
- Gender specific trends in alcohol use: cross-cultural comparisons from 1998 to 2006 in 24 countries and regionsBruce G Simons-Morton
Prevention Research Branch, Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
Int J Public Health 54:199-208. 2009..To examine trends in the prevalence of monthly alcohol use and lifetime drunkenness among 15 year olds in 20 European countries, the Russian Federation, Israel, the United States of America, and Canada...
- Effects of restricting pub closing times on night-time assaults in an Australian cityKypros Kypri
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Addiction 106:303-10. 2011..m., and later 3.30 a.m., in the central business district (CBD) of Newcastle, Australia. We sought to determine whether the restriction reduced the incidence of assault...
- CLIMATE Schools: alcohol module: cross-validation of a school-based prevention programme for alcohol misuseNicola C Newton
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:201-7. 2009..The aim of the present study was to conduct a cross-validation trial of the efficacy of a computerized school-based intervention for alcohol misuse in adolescents...
- A cognitive model of binge drinking: the influence of alcohol expectancies and drinking refusal self-efficacyTian P S Oei
School of Psychology, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Addict Behav 29:159-79. 2004..Since AE and DRSE are cognitive constructs and therefore modifiable, the cognitive model can thus facilitate the design of intervention and prevention strategies for binge drinking...
- Project ARM: alcohol risk management to prevent sales to underage and intoxicated patronsT L Toomey
Division of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454 1015, USA
Health Educ Behav 28:186-99. 2001..A one-on-one, outlet-specific training program for owners and managers is a promising way to reduce illegal alcohol sales, particularly to obviously intoxicated individuals...
- Evaluating alcohol access and the alcohol environment in neighborhood areasBridget Freisthler
Prevention Research Center, 2150 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 900, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:477-84. 2003..It is hypothesized that outlets in commercial areas near to other premises, with poor exterior maintenance, much advertising, and inexperienced youthful servers will be more likely to sell alcohol to intoxicated and underage patrons...
- Alcohol use and physical health in adolescence: a general population survey of 8,983 young people in North-Trøndelag, Norway (the Young-HUNT study)Arve Strandheim
Department of Public Health and General Practice, The Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Subst Use Misuse 45:253-65. 2010..To investigate the relationship between adolescents' alcohol use and physical health...
- Beyond the "Binge" threshold: heavy drinking patterns and their association with alcohol involvement indices in college studentsJennifer P Read
Department of Psychology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Addict Behav 33:225-34. 2008..As such, there may be utility in distinguishing among heavy drinkers, in order to focus appropriately on those at greatest risk for different types of consequences...
- Prevention of deaths from harmful drinking in the United States: the potential effects of tax increases and advertising bans on young drinkersWilliam Hollingworth
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Box 359960, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:300-8. 2006..In this study, we estimate the impact of interventions to reduce the prevalence of drinking among youth on subsequent drinking patterns and alcohol-attributable mortality...
- Characterizing and reaching high-risk drinkers using audience segmentationHoward B Moss
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9304, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1336-45. 2009..Such information can be extremely valuable in targeting and planning public health campaigns, targeted mailings, prevention interventions, and research efforts...
- Assessment of genetic susceptibility to ethanol intoxication in miceNathan R Rustay
Portland Alcohol Research Center, Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3710 Southwest U S Veterans Hospital Road R and D 12, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2917-22. 2003....
- Binge drinking in childhood and adolescence: epidemiology, consequences, and interventionsMartin Stolle
Deutsches Zentrum für Suchtfragen des Kindes und Jugendalters, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf
Dtsch Arztebl Int 106:323-8. 2009..Episodic excessive alcohol consumption ("binge drinking") among children and adolescents has become a serious public health problem in Germany and is associated with a variety of risks...
- Interventions for disorder and severe intoxication in and around licensed premises, 1989-2009Iain Brennan
Department of Social Sciences, University of Hull, Hull, UK
Addiction 106:706-13. 2011..To systematically review rigorous evaluation studies into the effectiveness of interventions in and around licensed premises that aimed to reduce severe intoxication and disorder...
- Saturday opening of alcohol retail shops in Sweden: an experiment in two phasesThor Norstrom
Swedish Institute for Social Research, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 100:767-76. 2005..The aim of this study is to assess the impact of phase II, and to probe previous results regarding phase I...
- The relationship between blood alcohol concentration (BAC), age, and crash riskRaymond C Peck
Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, 11720 Beltsville Drive, 900, Calverton, MD 20705, USA
J Safety Res 39:311-9. 2008..The evidence for this hypothesis is mixed. Resolution of this issue has important implication for developing countermeasures directed at the young driver crash problem...
- The effect of restricting opening hours on alcohol-related violenceSergio Duailibi
Unidade de Pesquisa em Alcool e outras Drogas UNIAD, Departamento de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Public Health 97:2276-80. 2007..The policy to restrict alcohol sales was introduced in July 2002 and prohibited on-premises alcohol sales after 11 pm...
- Role of major NMDA or AMPA receptor subunits in MK-801 potentiation of ethanol intoxicationBenjamin Palachick
Section on Behavioral Science and Genetics, Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 5625 Fishers Lane Room 2N09, Rockville, MD 20852 9411, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 32:1479-92. 2008..N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) antagonists such as MK-801 (dizocilpine) interact with EtOH at the behavioral level, but the molecular basis of this interaction is unclear...
- Too drunk for a beer? A study of overserving in StockholmEva Wallin
Department of Public Health, Karoliniska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Addiction 97:901-7. 2002..To evaluate the effects of a community alcohol prevention programme on the frequency of alcohol service to intoxicated patrons at licensed premises...
- Alcohol use in adolescent twins and affiliation with substance using peersJennifer Hill
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, P O Box 400400, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 36:81-94. 2008..The association between alcohol use and peer behavior may be a spurious association attributable to a shared genetic liability to drink alcohol and associate with peers who drink alcohol...
- Brief motivational and parent interventions for college students: a randomized factorial studyMark D Wood
Department of Psychology, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881 0808, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:349-61. 2010..Using a randomized factorial design, we examined the efficacy of a brief motivational intervention (BMI) and a parent-based intervention (PBI) as universal preventive interventions to reduce alcohol use among incoming college students...
- An analysis of the genetics of alcohol intoxication in inbred miceJohn C Crabbe
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, and VA Medical Center R and D 12, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 28:785-802. 2005..This caveat likely extends to many behavioral domains (e.g. learning and memory, anxiety)...
- One more beer? Serving alcohol to pseudo-intoxicated guests in barsJordy F Gosselt
Department of Communication Studies, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 37:1213-9. 2013..This article investigated compliance with these regulations in the Netherlands...
- Driving under the influence (DUI) among U.S. ethnic groupsRaul Caetano
University of Texas, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd Room V8 112, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Accid Anal Prev 37:217-24. 2005..To report nationwide survey data on driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs (DUI) among U.S. ethnic groups...
- Consequences of alcohol-induced early dysregulation of responses to trauma/hemorrhagePatricia E Molina
Department of Physiology and Alcohol Research Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 1393, USA
Alcohol 33:217-27. 2004..Our results indicate that alcohol-induced alterations in early hemodynamic and neuroimmune responses to shock have an impact on susceptibility to an infectious challenge during the early recovery period...
- Influence of subjective intoxication, breath alcohol concentration, and expectancies on the alcohol-aggression relationPeter R Giancola
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506 0044, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:844-50. 2006....
- Assessment may conceal therapeutic benefit: findings from a randomized controlled trial for hazardous drinkingKypros Kypri
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Addiction 102:62-70. 2007..There have, however, been few experimental studies of assessment effects...
- The life cycle of the policy for preventing road accidents: an empirical example of the policy for reducing drunk driving crashes in TaipeiHsin Li Chang
Department of Transportation Technology and Management, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 30050, Taiwan, R O C
Accid Anal Prev 36:809-18. 2004..The effects of safety policy should be carefully interpreted in order to avoid misleading the relevant authorities in coming to the wrong conclusions and as such make the wrong decisions...
- Alcohol-related injury visits: do we know the true prevalence in U.S. trauma centres?Jana B A MacLeod
Dept of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, 69 Jesse Hill Jr Ave, Suite 315, Atlanta, GA 30303, United States
Injury 42:922-6. 2011..Therefore, the goal of this study is to evaluate the extent to which the present literature provides a valid estimate of the prevalence of alcohol-related visits to U.S. trauma centres...
- Is high-risk use of intoxicants more common among adolescents who have seen their parents intoxicated?Siri Håvås Haugland
HUNT Research Centre, Department of Public Health and General Practice, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 132:410-3. 2012..The purpose of the study was to investigate whether the experience of seeing their parents intoxicated is associated with young people's alcohol consumption and experimenting with drugs in their teens...
- Alcohol marketing, drunkenness, and problem drinking among Zambian youth: findings from the 2004 Global School-Based Student Health SurveyMonica H Swahn
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, P O Box 3995, Atlanta, GA 30302 3995, USA
J Environ Public Health 2011:497827. 2011..These findings underscore the importance of restricting alcohol marketing practices as an important policy strategy for reducing alcohol use and its dire consequences among vulnerable youth...
- "There is no such thing as an accident," especially when people are drunkLaurent Bègue
University of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 36:1301-4. 2010..This finding helps explain why alcohol increases aggression. For example, intoxicated people may interpret a harmless bump in a crowded bar as a provocation...
- Alcohol-related traffic accidents with fatal outcomes in the city of Sao PauloJulio De Carvalho Ponce
Department of Legal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455 Sao Paulo, SP 01246 903, Brazil
Accid Anal Prev 43:782-7. 2011..The aims of the present study were to characterize fatal traffic accident victims in a major urban center in Brazil and their association with alcohol consumption...
- A review of the literature on the cognitive effects of alcohol hangoverRichard Stephens
School of Psychology, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, United Kingdom, ST5 5BG
Alcohol Alcohol 43:163-70. 2008..In conclusion, although there is empirical evidence showing impaired performance as a result of the alcohol hangover, future studies should confirm these findings and overcome the shortcomings of previous research...
- Effects of high-profile collisions on drink-driving penalties and alcohol-related crashes in JapanShinji Nakahara
Department of Preventive Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Inj Prev 17:182-8. 2011....
- Binge drinking among US adultsTimothy S Naimi
Alcohol Team, Emerging Investigations, and Analytic Methods Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
JAMA 289:70-5. 2003..Binge drinking (consuming > or =5 alcoholic drinks on 1 occasion) generally results in acute impairment and has numerous adverse health consequences. Reports indicate that binge drinking may be increasing in the United States...
- A randomized trial to evaluate a management training program to prevent illegal alcohol salesTraci L Toomey
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55454, USA
Addiction 103:405-13; discussion 414-5. 2008....
- Alcohol-impaired driving in the United States: contributors to the problem and effective countermeasuresSusan A Ferguson
Ferguson International LLC, Naples, Florida 34108, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 13:427-41. 2012..To review the effectiveness of current countermeasures in alcohol-impaired driving...
- Effectiveness of a law to reduce alcohol-impaired driving in JapanT Nagata
Takemi Program, Department of International Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Inj Prev 14:19-23. 2008..To estimate the effect of a new road traffic law against alcohol-impaired driving in Japan...
- Hypertonic saline resuscitation enhances blood pressure recovery and decreases organ injury following hemorrhage in acute alcohol intoxicated rodentsJesse K Sulzer
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112 1393, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:196-202. 2013..We hypothesized that FR with HTS during AAI would enhance AVP release by decreasing periventricular nucleus NO inhibitory tone, subsequently improving mean arterial blood pressure (MABP) and organ perfusion...
- Alcohol-induced impairment of behavioral control: effects on the alteration and suppression of prepotent responsesBen D Abroms
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506 0044, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:687-95. 2003..The present study tested the degree to which alcohol-induced impairment of behavioral control is due to a specific impairment of inhibitory mechanisms or due to a general information processing deficit...
- The disguise of sobriety: unveiled by alcohol in persons with an aggressive personalityPeter R Giancola
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, Kastle Hall, Lexington, KY40506 0044, USA
J Pers 80:163-85. 2012..The aggressive personality variable moderated the alcohol-aggression relation. Specifically, alcohol was significantly more likely to increase aggression in persons with higher, compared with lower, aggressive personality scores...
- The effects of introducing or lowering legal per se blood alcohol limits for driving: an international reviewR E Mann
Social, Prevention and Health Policy Research Department, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Accid Anal Prev 33:569-83. 2001..Available evidence suggests that where beneficial effects are observed they are due to general deterrence, and not restricted only to drivers at blood alcohol concentrations (BAC) specifically affected by the legal change...
- The behavior and social communication of honey bees (Apis mellifera carnica Poll.) under the influence of alcoholT Andrew Mixson
Department of Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Psychol Rep 106:701-17. 2010..In view of these results, future behavioral-genetic investigations of honey bee social behavior are encouraged...
- Neuropsychological profile of acute alcohol intoxication during ascending and descending blood alcohol concentrationsTom A Schweizer
The Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Toronto, ON, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:1301-9. 2006....
- Drinking history, current drinking and problematic sexual experiences among university studentsJennie Connor
Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, University of Otago and Injury Prevention Research Unit, University of Otago, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Public Health 34:487-94. 2010..To estimate the prevalence of potentially harmful sexual experiences attributed to drinking in university students, their association with current drinking, and the influence of past high school binge drinking and age at first drink...
- Observer-rated ataxia: rating scales for assessment of genetic differences in ethanol-induced intoxication in micePamela Metten
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:360-8. 2004..Modest strain mean correlations among behaviors indicate that these behaviors are probably under control of largely different genes and that ataxia rating scales should rate separate behaviors on discrete scales...
- Are all negative consequences truly negative? Assessing variations among college students' perceptions of alcohol related consequencesKimberly A Mallett
Prevention Research Center, The Pennsylvania State University, 204 Calder Way, Suite 208, State College, PA 16801, United States
Addict Behav 33:1375-81. 2008..Results are discussed in reference to improving brief alcohol interventions for college students...
- Alcohol affects emotion through cognitionJ J Curtin
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53706, USA
Psychol Sci 12:527-31. 2001..The results are consistent with higher cortical mediation of alcohol 's effects on fear, and illustrate more broadly how disruption of a cognitive process can lead to alterations in emotional reactivity and adaptive behavior...
- Illegal alcohol sales to obviously intoxicated patrons at licensed establishmentsTraci L Toomey
School of Public Health, Division of Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:769-74. 2004..Another goal was to assess whether server and/or establishment characteristics were related to the likelihood of illegal sales. Results may inform future interventions to reduce illegal alcohol sales at licensed alcohol establishments...
- Epidemiology and consequences of drinking and drivingRalph Hingson
Social and Behavioral Sciences Department, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Alcohol Res Health 27:63-78. 2003..Despite overall marked reductions in alcohol-related traffic deaths since the early 1980s, there has been little reduction since the mid-1990s, and alcohol-related traffic deaths have increased slightly in the past 3 years...
- Policy implications of the widespread practice of 'pre-drinking' or 'pre-gaming' before going to public drinking establishments: are current prevention strategies backfiring?Samantha Wells
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, London, ON, Canada
Addiction 104:4-9. 2009..To describe the research, policy and prevention implications of pre-drinking or pre-gaming; that is, planned heavy drinking prior to going to a public drinking establishment...
- The intensity of binge alcohol consumption among U.S. adultsTimothy S Naimi
Alcohol Team, Emerging Investigations and Analytic Methods Branch, Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 38:201-7. 2010..Although studies show a strong dose-response relationship between the intensity of binge drinking (i.e., the number of drinks consumed per binge episode) and adverse outcomes, there are no population-based studies assessing this measure...
- Alcohol-attributable mortality and potential years of life lost in Canada 2001: implications for prevention and policyJurgen Rehm
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Canada
Addiction 101:373-84. 2006..Alcohol is one of the most important risk factors for burden of disease...
- Detecting transient cognitive impairment with EEG pattern recognition methodsA Gevins
SAM Technology and EEG Systems Laboratory, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 70:1018-24. 1999..These results demonstrate the feasibility of using neurophysiological monitoring methods for detecting transient cognitive impairment...
- Telephone screening for hazardous drinking among injured patients seen in acute care clinics: feasibility studyCarolyn DiGuiseppi
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Colorado Injury Control Research Center, Denver, USA
Alcohol Alcohol 41:438-45. 2006....
- Personality-targeted interventions delay uptake of drinking and decrease risk of alcohol-related problems when delivered by teachersMaeve O'Leary-Barrett
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, and the South London and Maudsley National Health Service Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:954-963.e1. 2010..This trial examined the efficacy of teacher-delivered personality-targeted interventions for alcohol-misuse over a 6-month period...
- Alcohol impairs the cognitive component of reaction time to an omitted stimulus: a replication and an extensionOscar H Hernández
Laboratorio de Neurobiologia, Centro de Investigaciones en Enfermedades Tropicales y Carrera de Psicología, Facultad de Humanidades, Universidad Autonoma de Campeche, Campeche, Mexico
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:276-81. 2007..143-second intervals (7 Hz). Using muscle potential to fractionate RT, we tested the reproducibility of the findings obtained by a behavioral fractionation procedure...
- 'Binge drinking? It's good, it's harmless fun': a discourse analysis of accounts of female undergraduate drinking in ScotlandJennifer M F Guise
Tayside Institute of Health Studies, University of Abertay Dundee, Dudhope Castle, Dundee DD3 6HF, UK
Health Educ Res 22:895-906. 2007..The study also demonstrates the usefulness of a discourse analytic approach to accounts of drinking behaviour...
- Validation of the standardized field sobriety test battery at 0.08% blood alcohol concentrationJack Stuster
Anacapa Sciences, Inc, P O Box 519, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Hum Factors 48:608-14. 2006..A field study was conducted to evaluate the accuracy of the Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) battery to assist officers in making arrest decisions at blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) below 0.10%...
- Methanol poisoning and long term sequelae - a six years follow-up after a large methanol outbreakRaido Paasma
Department of Anesthesiology and ICU, Foundation Pärnu Hospital, Pärnu, Estonia
BMC Clin Pharmacol 9:5. 2009..Data from the poisoning episodes are often published, but follow-up-data is scarce. We therefore conducted a six year follow-up study after the large methanol outbreak in Estonia in September 2001...
- Genotypic differences in ethanol sensitivity in two tests of motor incoordinationJohn C Crabbe
VA Medical Center, R and D 12 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:1338-51. 2003..These results make clear that a single set of task parameters is insufficient to characterize genetic influences on behavior. Several other issues affect the interpretation of data using these tests...
- Institutionalization of a community action program targeting licensed premises in Stockholm, SwedenEva Wallin
Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Eval Rev 28:396-419. 2004..The authors conclude that the program activities have been sustained at a high level. A written agreement ensures that the participating organizations take responsibility for the continuing work...
- Effects of alcohol and expectancies on HIV-related risk perception and behavioral skills in heterosexual womenStephen A Maisto
Department of Psychology and Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, 430 Huntington Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244 2340, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 12:288-97. 2004..Integration of the findings with past research and their implication for the design of HIV-prevention programs are discussed...
- Fluid skills: drinking games and alcohol consumption among Australian university studentsMark N Polizzotto
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:469-75. 2007..Drinking games were associated commonly with binge drinking and adverse outcomes. Future harm minimisation strategies targeting this group should address the particular risks of these games...
- Signs of intoxication and server intervention among 18-39-year-olds drinking at licensed premises in New South Wales, AustraliaNeil Donnelly
NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 98:1287-95. 2003..To estimate the extent of responsible service of alcohol (RSA) practice to young adults showing signs of alcohol intoxication on licensed premises in New South Wales...
- Occupational level of the father and alcohol consumption during adolescence; patterns and predictorsM Droomers
Department of Public Health, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:704-10. 2003..This paper describes and attempts to explain the association between occupational level of the father and high alcohol consumption among a cohort of New Zealand adolescents from age 11 to 21...
- Bullae and sweat gland necrosis after an alcoholic deep slumberMin Young You
Department of Dermatology, Chonbuk University Medical School and Institute for Medical Sciences, Chonju, South Korea
Cutis 69:265-8. 2002..This case report is an example of the typical findings of the effects of body pressure on soft tissue that can be seen in a dermatology clinic...
- Reducing high-risk drinking by young Americans south of the border: the impact of a partial ban on sales of alcoholRobert B Voas
Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Calverton, Maryland 20705, USA
J Stud Alcohol 63:286-92. 2002..Determine the effect of a partial sales ban on cross border drinking in Mexico...
- Campuses selling alcohol--Profit of Problem?Robert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ENHANCING ALCOHOL INTERLOCK EFFECTS ON 1ST DUI OFFENDERSRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research builds on experience gained in a 5-year RO1-funded program in Alberta, Canada. ..
- Drivers with Alcohol Use Disorders: At high risk for crashes?Robert B Voas; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will determine the prevalence of drivers with alcohol use disorders in traffic crashes and provide information to policymakers concerned with treatment and prevention programs. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL PREVENTION OF COLLEGE ALCOHOL PROBLEMSRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Campuses selling alcohol--Profit of Problem?Robert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Six Programs for the Future of Alcohol SafetyRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Voas to become involved in a broader range of programs than if he otherwise were limited by taking on the full management of individual R01 projects. For this effort we are requesting 5 years of support for 75% of Dr. Voas' time. ..
- EVALUATION OF EFFORTS TO REDUCE BORDER BINGE DRINKINGRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2002..El Paso/Juarez, a border town with a similar border-binge drinking problem will, serve as a comparison site. ..
- Lowering the drinking age: The New Zealand exampleRobert Voas; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Brief Intervention in the ER in PolandCheryl Cherpitel; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALCOHOL AND INJURY IN EMERGENCY ROOMS IN POLANDCheryl Cherpitel; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Alcohol and Injury: New Knowledge from ER StudiesCheryl Cherpitel; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- RANDOMIZED SANCTIONS TO REDUCE DRUNK DRIVING RECIDIVISMSandra Lapham; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the process will be evaluated to monitor the interventions and to enable replication of the protocol in other jurisdictions. ..
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, the research will elucidate the mechanisms by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced after thermal injury, leading to the better understanding and treatment of the resulting cardiomyopathy. - ..
- Testing explicit theoretical models of drinking/drivingSandra Lapham; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Female Anti-Problem Drinking Group & Campus InitiativesJoseph LaBrie; Fiscal Year: 2006..Campus awareness will increase and campus culture will be changed. Evaluation/analysis plan is included. ..
- Long Term Recovery Among Convicted Drunk DriversSandra Lapham; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Effect of 14 Underage Drinking Laws on Youthful DeathsJames Fell; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- An Evaluation of the Night Restriction and Passenger Limitation Components of GraJames Fell; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alcohol Epidemiology In Hispanic National GroupsRaul Caetano; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this study will fill a major gap in epidemiology among U.S. Hispanics, and will have implications for the development of prevention interventions. ..
- Cross Ethnic Trends In Drinking, Alcohol Use Disorders And Service UtilizationRaul Caetano; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed aims will cover important gaps in significant areas of alcohol epidemiology. Trends analyses covering the period under focus and contrasting Whites, Blacks and Hispanics have not been reported yet in the alcohol literature. ..
- A Prospective Study of Drinking & Academic PerformaceDennis Thombs; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study will inform both public health and higher education policy by filling knowledge gaps about the nature of the relation between college drinking and academic performance. ..
- Ethnicity, Alcohol, and Spousal ViolenceRaul Caetano; Fiscal Year: 2008..collecting data from both couple members. ..
- Brief Intervention to Reduce Injury in MinoritiesRaul Caetano; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Prospective Study: Alcoholic & Control Family OffspringMarc A Schuckit; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our ultimate goal is to identify ways to prevent the escalation of drinking and associated problems in young populations. ..
- LEVEL OF RESPONSE TO ALCOHOL AND BRAIN FUNCTIONINGMarc A Schuckit; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project will also expand our understanding of the neural substrates of the level of response to alcohol, a key risk factor for the development of alcohol dependence. ..
- Research Grants to Prevent Unintentional InjuriesJonathan Howland; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] Outcome Measures: Acute and residual driving impairment will be assessed using a driving simulator and[unreadable] an objective measure of sustained attention/reaction time, the Psychomotor Vioilance Test (PVT).[unreadable]..
- Reducing High-Risk College Drinking EnvironmentsJohn Clapp; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed research program is designed to systematically address gaps in the literature concerning environmental prevention among college students. ..
- Hangover, Congeners, Sleep and Occupational PerformanceJonathan Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our occupational model will be merchant ship navigation by maritime academy cadets. Performance will be measured using computer-based interactive ship training simulators. ..
- EVALUATING A INTERVENTION TO REDUCE BARROOM AGGRESSIONKathryn Graham; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- IBANGS Annual Meeting supportJohn Crabbe; Fiscal Year: 2005..This young society represents an opportunity to attract a core group of young investigators to alcohol research during their formative years. ..
- A Randomized Trial to Evaluate Project ARMTraci Toomey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Two secondary goals of the study are to assess the promise of ARM Express for influencing establishment policies and decreasing alcohol-related problems and to evaluate differences between participating and non-participating outlets. ..
- Preventing Alcohol-Related STD/HIV and AssaultMaria Testa; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ALCOHOL, HIV RISK BEHAVIORS AND VICTIMIZATIONMaria Testa; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings will supplement the findings of the panel study with information on the proximal effects of alcohol consumption on perceptions and behaviors relevant to victimization. ..
- Alcohol and Women's Responses to AggressionMaria Testa; Fiscal Year: 2004..The role of several potential covariates: liking for man, assertiveness, alcohol expectancies, and previous aggression, also will be considered. ..
- Alcohol Interlock and Biomarker Prediction of DUI RiskPaul Marques; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition to scientific communication through usual channels, this project will create risk profile guidelines to aid motor vehicle authorities and the courts for using indicator evidence proactively. ..
- Assessing Density of Alcohol Outlets, Other Outlets and CrimeTraci L Toomey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this study will advance the research literature and inform policy and neighborhood development. ..
- PATTERNS AND PREDICTORS IN THE ALCOHOL INTERLOCK RECORDPaul Marques; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will have substantial practical relevance for public policy. ..
- Alcohol & HIV/AIDS Risk-TakingWILLIAM GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In concert with personality and other factors, the data may inform key knowledge gaps, advance theory, and foster refinement of existing prevention approaches and formulation of new ones...
- 40 oz Views : Alcohol Expectancies for Malt LiquorR Collins; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) In cross-sectional tests using multiple regression equations, examine the predictive utility of the measure of malt liquor expectancies for predicting the consumption of malt liquor as well as alcohol-related problems. ..
- fMRI of the Mesolimbic Dopamine System in Risky DrinkersDavid Kareken; Fiscal Year: 2008..The work will advance our understanding of how brain function in key regions is associated with one or both of two main risk factors for alcoholism. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL TESTING OF THE DESIGNATED DRIVER CONCEPTJames Lange; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, the methods used will recruit whole groups, so that these trials will offer an opportunity to study the effects of a designated driver on the results of passengers' BACs. ..
- ALCOHOL & CRASH FATALITIES: ETHNIC GROUPS AT RISKEduardo Romano; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results from the project will be useful to policymakers and program managers and will inform the design and delivery of traffic safety interventions tailored to minority populations. ..
- Heterosexual HIV Risk: Effects of Men's Alcohol Use and Sexual ViolenceKelly Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Moderating Social Norms Interventions: Field ExperimentMark Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research will help identify factors that might improve the efficacy of social norms interventions. ..
- Motivation and Information: Altering Drinkers' BehaviorMark Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Participants will be re-sampled as they return from Mexican bars, at which time their actual BAC levels will be measured. ..
- Guardian Angel Alcohol Test: The devil is in the detailsMark Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research not only has practical implications by validating the GA test, but also theoretical implications regarding the role of BAC feedback in general. ..
- Evaluation of AlcoholEdu: A Randomized Multi-Campus StudyMallie J Paschall; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will also help college practitioners and administrators make an informed decision about whether to include AlcoholEdu as part of a comprehensive alcohol misuse and harm prevention strategy. ..
- Dopamine Polymorphisms and Smoking Cue-ReactivityJoel Erblich; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Determinants of Violence Based on Sexual OrientationDOMINIC PARROTT; Fiscal Year: 2010..In doing so, we will improve our knowledge of antigay violence and discrimination which, in the future, may facilitate the development of prevention and treatment interventions. ..
- Alcohol Availability, Alcohol Use and Child MaltreatmentBridget Freisthler; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study also will yield a dataset with contextual factors from the 2000 census and alcohol outlet density variables that can be analyzed with Add Health interview data by other investigators. ..
- Reinforcing Effects of Alcohol During Group FormationMichael Sayette; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PILOT AGING AND AVIATION SAFETYGuohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results of this project can provide valuable empirical data for understanding the relationship between pilot aging and safety performance and for reassessing the "age-60 rule." ..
- Effects of major changes in alcohol availabilityRobin Room; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Emotional Information Processing & IED: An fMRI StudyMichael McCloskey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- College Attendance and Heavy Drinking in Young AdulthoodMallie Paschall; Fiscal Year: 2004..Findings of this study will help to inform prevention strategies targeting college students and other young adults at high risk for alcohol-related problems. ..
- MOTIVATING SUBSTANCE ABUSERS TO QUIT SMOKINGDamaris Rohsenow; Fiscal Year: 2005..The study will provide significant information about methods of reducing smoking among substance abusers. ..
- Ondansetron and Naltrexone:Cue Reactivity and DrinkingDamaris Rohsenow; Fiscal Year: 2007..Evidence will also be provided about subpopulations more likely to benefit from each medications. ..
- INCREASING ALCOHOLICS MOTIVATION TO QUIT SMOKINGDamaris Rohsenow; Fiscal Year: 2001..The effects of the intervention will be examined on number of smoking quit attempts, reductions in nicotine dose delivery, smoking treatment attended, alcohol and drug use, etc., during the next 12 months. ..
- AN ALCOHOL MYOPIA EXPLANATION OF AGGRESSIONNORA NOEL; Fiscal Year: 2006....