Genomes and Genes
Summary: INFLAMMATION of the LIVER due to hepatocellular toxicity, caused by drug metabolites and chemicals from the environment.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanisms of hepatotoxicityHartmut Jaeschke
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Toxicol Sci 65:166-76. 2002..Because of such diverse mechanisms, hepatotoxicity remains a major reason for drug withdrawal from pharmaceutical development and clinical use...
- Hepatoprotective activity of Abutilon indicum on experimental liver damage in ratsE Porchezhian
Dabur Research Foundation, 22, Site IV, Ghaziabad UP 201 010, India
Phytomedicine 12:62-4. 2005..The plant extract may interfere with free-radical formation, which may conclude in hepatoprotective action. Acute toxicity studies revealed that the LD50 value is more than the dose of 4 g/kg body wt...
- Protective effect of (S)-bakuchiol from Psoralea corylifolia on rat liver injury in vitro and in vivoEun Jeon Park
Department of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, Republic of Korea
Planta Med 71:508-13. 2005..From these results, bakuchiol has a protective effect against tBH, CCl4 or D-GalN-induced hepatotoxicity in vitro or in vivo...
- Acetaminophen toxicity: suicidal vs. accidentalGeeta G Gyamlani
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Crit Care 6:155-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the epidemiology of various types of acetaminophen poisoning and analyze their outcome compared with their admission characteristics...
- Growth arrest-specific protein 6 deficiency impairs liver tissue repair after acute toxic hepatitis in miceFouad Lafdil
INSERM, U955, Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomedicale, 94010 Creteil, France
J Hepatol 51:55-66. 2009..We previously reported that these sinusoidal cells secrete the growth arrest-specific protein 6 (Gas6) and express Axl, one of its receptors. Here we address the role of Gas6 in the healing process during acute liver injury...
- Incidence of serious side effects from first-line antituberculosis drugs among patients treated for active tuberculosisDaphne Yee
Respiratory Epidemiology Unit, Montreal Chest Institute, 1110 Pine Avenue West, Room 103, Montreal, PQ, H3A 1A3 Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1472-7. 2003..0; 95% CI, 1.5 to 43). The incidence of pyrazinamide-induced hepatotoxicity and rash during treatment for active TB was substantially higher than with the other first-line anti-TB drugs, and higher than previously recognized...
- [Methimazole and propylthiouracil induced acute toxic hepatitis]Sonia Casallo Blanco
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Nuestra Señora del Prado, Gregorio Corrochano 1, 45600 Talavera de la Reina, Toledo, Spain
Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:268-70. 2007..We present a clinical case of a cholestatic jaundice and acute toxic hepatitis due to methimazole and a cross-reaction with propylthiouracil. Based on this case a review is presented.
- Evaluation of clinical and immunogenetic risk factors for the development of hepatotoxicity during antituberculosis treatmentSurendra K Sharma
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:916-9. 2002..0), and presence of HLA-DQB1*0201 (OR 1.9) were independent risk factors for DIH. Our results suggest that the risk of hepatotoxicity from antituberculosis drugs is influenced by clinical and genetic factors...
- Cytochrome P450 2E1 genotype and the susceptibility to antituberculosis drug-induced hepatitisYi Shin Huang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, and the Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 37:924-30. 2003..In conclusion, CYP 2E1 genetic polymorphism may be associated with susceptibility to antituberculosis drug-induced hepatitis...
- Effect of antiretroviral therapy on liver-related mortality in patients with HIV and hepatitis C virus coinfectionNazifa Qurishi
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Lancet 362:1708-13. 2003..To clarify the effect of HAART in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients, we studied liver-related mortality and overall mortality in 285 patients who were regularly treated during the period 1990-2002 at our department...
- [Clinical characteristics of 159 cases of acute toxic hepatitis]Sun Hyung Kang
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 14:483-92. 2008b>Toxic hepatitis has recently been discovered to be a major cause of acute hepatitis. We studied the clinical features and prognosis of patients diagnosed with toxic hepatitis at a single institution.
- Histopathology of acetaminophen-induced liver changes: role of interleukin 1 alpha and tumor necrosis factor alphaM E Blazka
Environmental Immunology and Neurobiology Section, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:181-9. 1996..These results suggest that TNF-alpha and IL-1 alpha play an important role in the degree of damage and recovery that the liver undergoes following APAP intoxication...
- Making a diagnosis of herbal-related toxic hepatitisChristine A Haller
California Poison Control System and Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Box 1220 University of California, San Francisco UCSF San Francisco, CA 94143 1220, USA
West J Med 176:39-44. 2002
- Incidence of and risk factors for severe hepatotoxicity associated with antiretroviral combination therapyFerdinand W N M Wit
National AIDS Therapy Evaluation Center, Department of Human Retrovirology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 186:23-31. 2002..In 97% of cases, >or=1 risk factor was present. In HBV-coinfected patients using 3TC, continued use of 3TC should be considered, even if 3TC-resistant HIV strains develop...
- Ceftriaxone-induced toxic hepatitisErdal Peker
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Yuzuncu Yil, 65100 Van, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 15:2669-71. 2009b>Toxic hepatitis or drug-induced liver injury encompasses a spectrum of clinical disease ranging from mild biochemical abnormalities to acute liver failure...
- Methylprednisolone-induced toxic hepatitisFirdevs Topal
Department of Gastroenterology, Numune Education and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 40:1868-71. 2006To report the third published case, as of April 8, 2006, of methylprednisolone-induced toxic hepatitis.
- Effect of Sargassum polycystum (Phaeophyceae)-sulphated polysaccharide extract against acetaminophen-induced hyperlipidemia during toxic hepatitis in experimental ratsHanumantha Rao Balaji Raghavendran
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, Tamilnadu 600 025, India
Mol Cell Biochem 276:89-96. 2005..intraperitoneally) hyperlipidemia during toxic hepatitis in experimental rats...
- Toxic hepatitis associated with paroxetineO Colakoglu
Gastroenterology Clinics, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Clin Pract 59:861-2. 2005..We report here severe adverse cholestatic and hepatocellular injury in a patient taking paroxetine probably due to an immune-mediated hypersensitivity reaction...
- [Forensic-medical evaluation of toxic hepatitis associated with surrogate alcohol poisoning]Iu V Solodun
Sud Med Ekspert 51:23-8. 2008..Changes in hepatocytes of different type and genesis appear to be due to other toxic components and may be of use for the establishment of causal relation between hepatic lesions and concrete toxic mixtures...
- Prevention of severe toxic liver injury and oxidative stress in MCP-1-deficient miceElena Zamara
Dipartimento di Medicina e Oncologia Sperimentale, University of Turin, Italy
J Hepatol 46:230-8. 2007..In this study, we investigated the development of acute toxic damage in mice lacking monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), a chemokine which recruits monocytes and activated lymphocytes...
- Comparative treatment of alpha-amanitin poisoning with N-acetylcysteine, benzylpenicillin, cimetidine, thioctic acid, and silybin in a murine modelTri C Tong
University of California San Diego Medical Center, Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:282-8. 2007..We compare the effectiveness of 5 potential antidotal therapies in limiting the degree of hepatonecrosis in a randomized, controlled, murine model of amatoxin-induced hepatotoxicity...
- [Toxic hepatitis associated with carp juice ingestion]Hye Suk Son
Department of Internal Medicine, Daejeon St Mary s Hospital Medical College of the Catholic University of Korea
Korean J Hepatol 12:103-6. 2006..There have been cases showing the toxic hepatitis and renal failure associated with the ingestion of raw carp bile...
- Acute toxic hepatitis after amiodarone intravenous loadingEmanuela Rizzioli
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital of the Delta, Lagosanto, Ferrara, Italy
Am J Emerg Med 25:1082.e1-4. 2007
- Antioxidant effect of Sargassum polycystum (Phaeophyceae) against acetaminophen induced changes in hepatic mitochondrial enzymes during toxic hepatitisHanumantha Rao Balaji Raghavendran
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Patel Road, Chennai 600 025, India
Chemosphere 61:276-81. 2005..Phaeophyceae) alcoholic extract on changes in liver mitochondrial enzymes against acetaminophen induced toxic hepatitis in experimental rats...
- Drug-induced liver injury: summary of a single topic clinical research conferencePaul B Watkins
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Hepatology 43:618-31. 2006..The presentations spanned many different areas of DILI, and included novel data concerning mechanisms of hepatotoxicity, new "omics" approaches, and the challenges of improving causation assessment...
- [Imatinib-induced toxic hepatitis: description of two cases and review of the literature]Francisco Fuster
Departamento de Gastroenterología Hospital Naval Viña del Mar Chile
Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:525-30. 2007..The use of this drug is safe, although some cases of imatinib-induced toxic hepatitis have been reported...
- [Acute toxic hepatitis: RUCAM application to drug-induced liver injury and its limitations]Byung Min Ahn
Department of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Disease Specific Dietary Supplements, Bupyeong Serim Hospital, Incheon, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 12:1-4. 2006
- Inactive hepatitis B surface antigen carrier state and hepatotoxicity during antituberculosis chemotherapyByoung Hoon Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Chest 127:1304-11. 2005....
- Recurrent toxic hepatitis in a Caucasian girl related to the use of Shou-Wu-Pian, a Chinese herbal preparationBianca Panis
Department of Pediatrics, Maasland Hospital, Sittard, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:256-8. 2005
- Grand rounds: an outbreak of toxic hepatitis among industrial waste disposal workersHae Kwan Cheong
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Environ Health Perspect 115:107-12. 2007....
- Oxidative stress, toxic hepatitis, and antioxidants with particular emphasis on zincWilliam E Stehbens
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, P O Box 7343, Wellington South, New Zealand
Exp Mol Pathol 75:265-76. 2003..Therefore reassessment of optimal prophylactic and therapeutic nutritional requirements of antioxidants (particularly zinc) to defend humans against xenobiotic induced oxidative stress is advocated...
- Prolonged infusion of angiotensin II into normal rats induces stellate cell activation and proinflammatory events in liverRamon Bataller
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7032, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G642-51. 2003..In conclusion, increased systemic ANG II can induce liver injury by promoting proinflammatory events and vascular damage. ANG II-induced hepatic effects are not dependent on increase in arterial pressure...
- [Clinical experience of 48 acute toxic hepatitis patients]Jeong Chul Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 12:74-81. 2006Although many individual cases of toxic hepatitis have been reported in Korea, there are few comprehensive systematic studies on acute toxic hepatitis...
- Hepatobiliary clearance of labelled mebrofenin in normal and D-galactosamine HCl-induced hepatitis rats and the protective effect of turmeric extractU R Deshpande
Radiation Medicine Centre B A R C, Tata Memorial Hospital Annexe, Parel, Mumbai 400 012
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:332-6. 2003..Hence, it can be suggested that turmeric extract may improve the liver function by detoxification...
- Hepatotoxicity of carbon tetrachloride: protective effect of Gongronema latifoliumO E Etim
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:268-74. 2008..The protective effect of the GLE was more pronounced in ALT and AST. However, the GLE has a strong modulatory effect against the hepatocellular damage induced by carbon tetrachloride...
- Hyaluronic acid and chondroitin-4-sulphate treatment reduces damage in carbon tetrachloride-induced acute rat liver injuryGiuseppe M Campo
Department of Biochemical, Physiological and Nutritional Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Policlinico Universitario, Torre Biologica, 5 piano, Via C Valeria, 98100 Messina, Italy
Life Sci 74:1289-305. 2004....
- Protective effect of acteoside on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicityKyung Jin Lee
Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Research Center for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Kwangju 501 759, South Korea
Life Sci 74:1051-64. 2004....
- [Protective effect of Isodon lophanthoides var. gerardianus on acute hepatic injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats]Yukiko Nagao
New Drug Research and Development Center, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:574-7. 2006..To study the protective effects of Isodon lophanthoides var. gerardianus (ILVG) aqueous extract on the acute hepatic injury induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) in rats...
- [Effects of ursolic acid on liver-protection and bile secretion]Xiaojuan Xiong
Yichun College, Yichun, Jiangxi 336000
Zhong Yao Cai 26:578-81. 2003..To study the liver-protection and promoting bile secretion of ursolic acid...
- Carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury in Mini and Wistar ratsH Shimizu
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 53:11-7. 2001..These results indicate that the response of the liver to CCl4 is different between GH-suppressed Mini rats and Wistar rats...
- Hepatoprotective activity of the Indian medicinal plant Polygala arvensis on D-galactosamine-induced hepatic injury in ratsS P Dhanabal
Department of Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Rocklands, Oootacamund 643001Tamilnadu, India
Fitoterapia 77:472-4. 2006..001) increased in rats by treatment with 400 mg/kg i.p. of d-galactosamine. Silymarin (25 mg/kg), a known hepatoprotective drug used for comparison exhibited significant activity (P<0.001)...
- Antioxidant activity of the oyster mushroom, Pleurotus ostreatus, on CCl(4)-induced liver injury in ratsT Jayakumar
Department of Animal Science, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620024, Tamil Nadu, India
Food Chem Toxicol 44:1989-96. 2006..ostreatus. These results suggest that an extract of P. ostreatus is able to significantly alleviate the hepatotoxicity induced by CCl(4) in the rat...
- Hepatoprotective potentials of Phyllanthusamarus against ethanol-induced oxidative stress in ratsToyin Y Faremi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2658-64. 2008..amarus co-treatment. Results show that P. amarus leaf extract could protect the liver against ethanol-induced oxidative damage by possibly reducing the rate of lipid peroxidation and increasing the antioxidant defence mechanism in rats...
- Moringa oleifera Lam prevents acetaminophen induced liver injury through restoration of glutathione levelS Fakurazi
Pharmacology Unit, Department of Human Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2611-5. 2008..The histological hepatocellular deterioration was also evidenced. The results from the present study suggested that the leaves of MO can prevent hepatic injuries from APAP induced through preventing the decline of glutathione level...
- Effect of propriety herbal formulation against chronic carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicityMonika Bhadauria
School of Studies in Zoology, Jiwaji University, Gwalior 474011, India
Indian J Exp Biol 40:1254-9. 2002..Cell organelles like mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum and nucleus showed severe degeneration after CCl4 exposure. PHF was effective in restoring the CCl4 induced biochemical and histological ultrastructural changes...
- Protective effect of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) seeds in experimental ethanol toxicityV Thirunavukkarasu
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Tamil Nadu, India
Phytother Res 17:737-43. 2003..Further, histopathological examination of liver and brain revealed that, aqueous extract of fenugreek seeds could offer a significant protection against ethanol toxicity...
- Dynamic changes of heme oxygenase-1 and carbon monoxide production in acute liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsTao Wen
Research Center of Occupational Medicine, the Third Hospital of Peking University, Beijing, PR China
Toxicology 228:51-7. 2006..It therefore suggested that more relevant studies should be carried out in the future to clarify the detailed mechanisms...
- Hepatoprotective and antioxidant effects of Commiphora berryi (Arn) Engl bark extract against CCl(4)-induced oxidative damage in ratsN L Gowri Shankar
Department of Pharmacognosy, Swamy Vivekananda Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra Pradesh, India
Food Chem Toxicol 46:3182-5. 2008..berryi (Arn) Engl bark can be proposed to protect the liver against CCl(4)-induced oxidative damage in rats, and the hepatoprotective effect might be correlated with its antioxidant and free radical scavenger effects...
- Antioxidant activities of isoflavones from the rhizomes of Belamcanda chinensis on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury in ratsSang Hoon Jung
Natural Products Research Institute, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 460, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:184-8. 2004..These results suggested that tectorigenin and tectoridin isolated from the rhizomes of B. chinensis possess not only the antioxidative, but also the hepatoprotective activities in CCl4-intoxicated rats...
- Mechanisms of apigenin-7-glucoside as a hepatoprotective agentQiu Sheng Zheng
Department of Biochemistry, Yantai University, Yantai, Shandong 264005, China
Biomed Environ Sci 18:65-70. 2005..chinesis. In the present study the effects of apigenin-7-glucoside (APIG) isolated from I. chinesis against liver injury caused by carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) were investigated...
- Mechanism of protective action of bicyclol against CCl-induced liver injury in miceGeng Tao Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Liver Int 25:872-9. 2005..These results suggest that bicyclol has remarkable hepatoprotective effects and its mechanism of action may be related to a decrease in free radical-induced damage to hepatocytes...
- Protective value of Aloe vera against some toxic effects of arsenic in ratsRicha Gupta
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Jhansi Road, Gwalior 474 002, India
Phytother Res 19:23-8. 2005..The results thus lead us to conclude that simultaneous supplementation of Aloe vera protects against arsenic induced oxidative stress but does not influence the arsenic concentration in these organs...
- Metabonomic evaluation of idiosyncrasy-like liver injury in rats cotreated with ranitidine and lipopolysaccharideJane F Maddox
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 212:35-44. 2006..These findings support the potential use of a noninvasive metabonomic approach to identify drug candidates with potential to cause idiosyncratic liver toxicity with inflammagen coexposure...
- Alterations of mast cells and TGF-beta1 on the silymarin treatment for CCl(4)-induced hepatic fibrosisDa Hee Jeong
College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
World J Gastroenterol 11:1141-8. 2005..Especially, in hepatic fibrogenesis, mast cells are expressed in chronic inflammatory conditions, and promote fibroblast growth and stimulate production of the extracellular matrix by hepatic stellate cells...
- Hepatoprotective effect of the natural fruit juice from Aronia melanocarpa on carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver damage in ratsS Valcheva-Kuzmanova
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Medical University, 9002 Varna, Bulgaria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 56:195-201. 2004..2ml kg(-1), 3rd and 4th days). NFJAM also prevented the CCl4-induced elevation of MDA formation and depletion of GSH content in rat liver...
- Protective effect of Lycium chinense fruit on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicityKi Tae Ha
Department of Pathology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Oriental Medicine, Dongguk University, 707 Suk Jang Dong, Kyungju City, Kyungbuk 780 714, Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 96:529-35. 2005..Based on these results, it was suggested that the hepatoprotective effects of the LFE might be related to antioxidative activity and expressional regulation of CYP2E1...
- Nanoparticles formulation of Cuscuta chinensis prevents acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsFeng Lin Yen
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Food Chem Toxicol 46:1771-7. 2008..In conclusion, we suggest that the nanoparticles system can be applied to overcome other water poorly soluble herbal medicines and furthermore to decrease the treatment dosage...
- Serum hyaluronan and hyaluronidase: very early markers of toxic liver injuryJoseph George
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Clin Chim Acta 348:189-97. 2004..We test the hypothesis that elevated levels of circulating hyaluronan and hyaluronidase could provide indicators of very early liver damage...
- Protection of hepatotoxic and lethal effects of CCl4 by partial hepatectomyP R Kodavanti
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216
Toxicol Pathol 17:494-505. 1989..By virtue of the much stronger stimulatory effect, PH results in the protection against the hepatotoxic and lethal effects of CCl4 despite the obtunding effects of the high dose on hepatocellular regeneration...
- Effect of pentoxifylline on hepatic injury caused in the rat by the administration of carbon tetrachloride or acetaminophenOmar M E Abdel Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Pharmacol Rep 57:596-603. 2005..In contrast, PTX is equally protective, when given either as a pretreatment or with acetaminophen exposure...
- Histological and lipid peroxidation changes after administration of 2-acetylaminofluorene in a rat liver injury model following selective periportal and pericentral damageFragiska Sigala
First Department of Surgery, University of Athens, Medical School, Laikon General Hospital, 17 Agiou Thoma Street, 11527 Athens, Greece
Toxicology 196:155-63. 2004..In conclusion, it appears that oxidative stress was correlated with liver necrosis and with liver regeneration. Suppression of liver regeneration after 2-AAF administration leads to lower malondialdehyde concentrations...
- Antioxidative natural product protect against econazole-induced liver injuriesChi Feng Liu
National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Toxicology 196:87-93. 2004..It could be postulated that the hepatoprotective effect of PEE may be, at least in part, due to their inhibitory ability on membrane lipid peroxidation and free radical formation or due to their free radical scavenging ability...
- Antihepatotoxic activity of seeds of Cichorium intybusBahar Ahmed
Antihepatotoxic Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, 110062, New Delhi, India
J Ethnopharmacol 87:237-40. 2003..The histopathological study of the liver was also carried out, wherein the methanolic fraction and compound AB-IV showed almost complete normalization of the tissues as neither fatty accumulation nor necrosis was observed...
- Effect of Holotrichia diomphalia larvae on liver fibrosis and hepatotoxicity in ratsWoo Yong Oh
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chonchon dong, Changan gu, 440 746, Kyunggi Do, Suwon, South Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 87:175-80. 2003..The present results led us to conclude that Holotrichia diomphalia larvae can reduce the degree of hepatocellular damage and may become a promising antifibrotic agent for liver fibrosis/cirrhosis...
- Effect of the carotenoid-producing alga, Dunaliella bardawil, on CCl4-induced toxicity in ratsA Vanitha
Plant Cell Biotechnology Department, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore, Karnataka, 570020, India
Int J Toxicol 26:159-67. 2007..Liver histopathology was less severe with D. bardawil treatment, supporting the apparent protective action of 14-day treatment on hepatic oxidative injury...
- Protective effects of amburoside A, a phenol glucoside from Amburana cearensis, against CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsLuzia K Leal
Departmento de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Rua Capitão Francisco Pedro 1210, Fortaleza, Brazil
Planta Med 74:497-502. 2008..Our results indicate that CCl (4)-induced oxidative damage in hepatic tissues is reversed by AMB treatment. The protective effect of AMB is probably due to the phenolic nature of this glucoside...
- Antihepatotoxic activity of Phyllanthus fraternusB Ahmed
Antihepatotoxic Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Pharmazie 57:855-6. 2002....
- Hepatoprotective and antihyperliposis activities of in vitro cultured Anoectochilus formosanusXiao Ming Du
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Phytother Res 17:30-3. 2003....
- Evaluation of protective effects of Chi-Zhi-Huang decoction on Phase I drug metabolism of liver injured rats by cocktail probe drugsHao Tang
Key Laboratory for Natural Medicine of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 117:420-6. 2008..In this research, we aim at to evaluate the potential activity of PGR in restoring hepatic drug metabolism in a damaged liver...
- Chromatin breakdown by deoxyribonuclease1 promotes acetaminophen-induced liver necrosis: an ultrastructural and histochemical study on male CD-1 miceMonika Jacob
Abteilung für Anatomie und Embryologie, Medizinische Fakultat, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstrasse 150, 44801 Bochum, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 128:19-33. 2007....
- Hepatoprotective effects of Ganoderma lucidum peptides against D-galactosamine-induced liver injury in miceYanling Shi
College of Food Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, People s Republic of China
J Ethnopharmacol 117:415-9. 2008..Results of this study revealed that GLP could afford a significant protection in the alleviation of d-GalN-induced hepatocellular injury...
- Prophylactic effect of four prescriptions of traditional Chinese medicine on alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate and carbon tetrachloride induced toxicity in ratsK J Lin
Department of Surgery, China Medical College-Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 22:1159-67. 2001..Therefore they may be able to exert hepatoprotective effects through more than one mechanism of action because they contained a mixture of anti-hepatotoxic ingredients with mutual reinforcement and assistance...
- The influence of small doses of paracetamol on rabbit liverIzabela Maciejewska-Paszek
Department of Food and Nutrition, Medical University of Silesia, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Jagiellońska 4 Street, Katowice, Poland
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:139-41. 2007..It was determined by measuring the concentration of ketone bodies and arterial ketone body ratio (AKBR) value. Even when taken in small doses, paracetamol causes changes in liver metabolism when taken for an extended period of time...
- Hepatoprotective and immunomodulatory properties of Tinospora cordifolia in CCl4 intoxicated mature albino ratsBiswadev Bishayi
Department of Physiology, Immunology Laboratory, University of Calcutta, 92, A P C Road, Calcutta 700 009, India
J Toxicol Sci 27:139-46. 2002..cordifolia treatment. The results of our experiment suggest that treatment by T. cordifolia extract may be the critical remedy for the adverse effect of CCl4 in liver function as well as immune functions...
- Comprehensive characterization of serum clinical chemistry parameters and the identification of urinary superoxide dismutase in a carbon tetrachloride-induced model of hepatic fibrosis in the female Hanover Wistar ratRosemary Smyth
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 88:361-76. 2007..Western blotting revealed that SOD was increased in urine from rats treated with CCl(4) at 3 and 6 weeks, but not at 9 and 12 weeks. We conclude that Cu/Zn SOD is a urinary marker of hepatic necrosis, but not hepatic fibrosis...
- Protection by and anti-oxidant mechanism of berberine against rat liver fibrosis induced by multiple hepatotoxic factorsBen Jian Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:303-9. 2008..01). 4. These results suggest that berberine could be used to prevent experimental liver fibrosis through regulation of the anti-oxidant system and lipid peroxidation...
- The effect of beta-cyclodextrin complexation on the bioavailability and hepatotoxicity of clotrimazoleC S Yong
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, South Korea
Pharmazie 62:756-9. 2007..Our results suggest that, in the development of a novel oral product, appearance or enhancement of hepatic toxicity must be considered along with oral bioavailability...
- Hepatoprotective effect of Foeniculum vulgare essential oilH Ozbek
Yuzuncu Yil University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Van 65300, Turkey
Fitoterapia 74:317-9. 2003..The results of this study indicate that FEO has a potent hepatoprotective action against CCl(4)-induced hepatic damage in rats...
- Evaluation of hepatoprotective effect of Gentiana olivieri herbs on subacute administration and isolation of active principleDidem Deliorman Orhan
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, Etiler 06330, Ankara, Turkey
Life Sci 72:2273-83. 2003..Isoorientin exhibited significant hepatoprotective effect at 15 mg/kg b.w. dose...
- Overexpression of the gene for transmembrane 4 superfamily member 4 accelerates liver damage in rats treated with CCl4Jie Qiu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
J Hepatol 46:266-75. 2007..Therefore, we investigated the role of TM4SF4 during liver injury...
- Type 1 diabetic mice are protected from acetaminophen hepatotoxicityKartik Shankar
Department of Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana 71209, USA
Toxicol Sci 73:220-34. 2003..In conclusion, the resistance of DB mice against hepatotoxic and lethal effects of APAP appears to be mediated by a combination of enhanced APAP clearance and robust compensatory tissue repair...
- RAT CYP3A and CYP2B1/2 were not associated with nevirapine-induced hepatotoxicityA Walubo
The Department of Pharmacology, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 28:423-31. 2006..However, this is yet to be proven in humans...
- Pharmacological modification of endogenous antioxidant enzymes by ursolic acid on tetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats and primary cultures of rat hepatocytesS Martin-Aragon
Dpto Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Exp Toxicol Pathol 53:199-206. 2001....
- Protective mechanism of salvia miltiorrhiza on carbon tetrachloride-induced acute hepatotoxicity in ratsTzung Yan Lee
Institute of Traditional Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Sci 91:202-10. 2003..This effect may be due to its ability to decrease the metabolic activation of CCl(4) by an increase in P450 2E1 protein content and its antioxidant activity associated with less increase in hepatic iNOS protein content...
- Protective effect of Indigofera aspalathoides against CCl4-induced hepatic damage in ratsB Rajkapoor
Department of Pharmacology, Vinayaka Mission s College of Pharmacy, Yercaud Road, Salem 636 008, Tamilnadu, India
J Herb Pharmacother 6:49-54. 2006..The histopathological changes of liver sample were compared with respective control. The extract showed remarkable hepatoprotective effect...
- The effectiveness of Tsu-San-Li (St-36) and Tai-Chung (Li-3) acupoints for treatment of acute liver damage in ratsH J Liu
Acupuncture Research Center, Graduate Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 29:221-6. 2001..Acupuncture at the Tsu-San-Li and Tai-Chung acupoints cannot prevent acute liver injury but may be effective in treating liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats...
- Optimization of the dose and route of injection, and characterisation of the time course of carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in the ratSana Janakat
Department of Nutrition and Food Technology, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid, Jordan
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 48:41-4. 2002..The purpose of this study was to optimize carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in the rat with respect to dose, route of injection, and time course...
- Protective effect of polysaccharides-enriched fraction from Angelica sinensis on hepatic injuryY N Ye
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, China
Life Sci 69:637-46. 2001..AP is more effective in the protection against liver damage induced by acetaminophen, which is associated with the glutathione depletion and nitric oxide synthase activation in the liver...
- Hepatoprotective effect of the extract and isocytisoside from Aquilegia vulgarisT Adamska
Department of Toxicology, K Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Dojazd 30, 60 631 Poznan, Poland
Phytother Res 17:691-6. 2003..The hepatoprotective properties of AvEE and ISOC were con fi rmed by pathomorphological examination of the liver...
- Efficacy of different Cynara scolymus preparations on liver complaintsE Speroni
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 48, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 86:203-11. 2003..Perhaps caffeoyl derivatives have a role in the therapeutic properties of C. scolymus extracts, as reported in literature for "in vitro" studies, but when administered alone, they are not so effective in exerting this action...
- Radioiodine therapy in patients with amiodarone-induced thyrotoxicosis (AIT)Agata Czarnywojtek
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Internal Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:209-14. 2009..In these patients therapeutic choices for refractory disease include surgery, antithyroid drugs, or glu ocorticosteriods...
- Defensive nature of Sargassum polycystum (Brown alga) against acetaminophen-induced toxic hepatitis in rats: role of drug metabolizing microsomal enzyme system, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and fate of liver cell structural integrityH Balaji Raghavendran
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, India
World J Gastroenterol 12:3829-34. 2006..polycystum) (Brown alga) against acetaminophen (AAP)-induced changes in drug metabolizing microsomal enzyme system, tumor necrosis factor (TNF-alpha) and fine structural features of the liver during toxic hepatitis in rats.
- Superoxide anion production by the mitochondrial respiratory chain of hepatocytes of rats with experimental toxic hepatitisA Shiryaeva
Laboratory of Cell Pathology, Institute of Cytology RAS, Tikhoretski Ave, 4, St Petersburg, 194064, Russia
J Bioenerg Biomembr 41:379-85. 2009The progression of toxic hepatitis is accompanied by the activation of oxidative processes in the liver associated with an enhancement of the mitochondrial respiratory chain activity and superoxide anion production (O(2)(*-))...
- Validation of ICD-9-CM/ICD-10 coding algorithms for the identification of patients with acetaminophen overdose and hepatotoxicity using administrative dataRobert P Myers
Liver Unit, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 7:159. 2007..Acetaminophen overdose is the most common cause of acute liver failure (ALF). Our objective was to develop coding algorithms using administrative data for identifying patients with acetaminophen overdose and hepatic complications...
- Pediatric liver transplantation for acute liver failureH Karakayali
Department of General Surgery, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 39:1157-60. 2007..1); fulminant Wilson's disease (3); Amanita phalloides (mushroom) poisoning (1); and hepatitis B and toxic hepatitis with leflunomide treatment (1). Seven of the participants were female and five were male (mean age, 9.1 +/- 4...
- Relationship between leptin, insulin, body composition and liver steatosis in non-diabetic moderate drinkers with normal transaminase levelsSilvia Valtuena
Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Parma, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 153:283-90. 2005..Our objective was to investigate the relationship between serum leptin, insulin, obesity and LS in non-diabetic males (n = 74) and postmenopausal females (n = 50) with normal transaminase levels and low-to-moderate alcohol intake...
- Mycophenolate mofetil in anti-MPO renal vasculitis: an alternative therapy in case of cyclophosphamide or azathioprine toxicityM Ibernon
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Nephrol 69:395-401. 2008..However, this regimen is associated with high toxicity. Mycophenolate mofetil (MMF), a less toxic immunosuppressive drug, has been proposed as a therapeutic alternative...
- Acute arsenic poisoning treated by intravenous dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) and combined extrarenal epuration techniquesPhilippe Hantson
Department of Intensive Care, Cliniques St Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 41:1-6. 2003..The patient developed severe manifestations of toxic hepatitis and pancreatitis, and thereafter neurological disorders, respiratory distress, acute renal failure, and ..
- Prenatal exposure to methamphetamine presenting as neonatal cholestasisAhmed Dahshan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center Tulsa, Tulsa, OK 74135, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:88-90. 2009Methamphetamine has been recognized as a common cause of acute toxic hepatitis in adults with clinical and histologic features indistinguishable from acute viral hepatitis...
- Fulminant hepatic failure in children: etiology, histopathology and MDCT findingsBanu Cakir
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine Department of Radiology, Fevzi Cakmak Cd 10, Sok No 45, Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 72:327-34. 2009..The purpose of this study is to determine the etiologies, histopathology and MDCT findings of children with fulminant hepatic failure admitted to our institution...
- [A study of the clinical classification of 3638 cases of mushroom poisoning]Cheng shan Ren
Department of Internal Medicine, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400037, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 46:229-32. 2007..To study the clinical classification and characteristics as well as prognosis of mushroom poisoning...
- Mechanisms of experimental drug-induced hepatitisDolores Njoku; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) To confirm antigenic spread in TFA-CYP2E1-immunized mice using spleenocyte proliferation assays stimulated with ERp58 and ASGPR and analyzed as in Specific Aim 2. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FURANOCOUMARINS AND DRUGS EFFECT ON CYP3A4Paul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Alcoholic Hepatitis: Molecular MechanismsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of this project is to device appropriate therapies that will prevent neutrophilic steatohepatitis in chronic alcoholics by reducing neutrophil infiltration into liver. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to find better ways to prevent these adverse reactions. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERS ANNUAL MEETINGPaul Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR INVOLVEMENT IN FUMONISIN TOXICITYRAGHUBIR SHARMA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Results will help in defining the mechanism(s) of fumonisin toxicity, causes of species-specificity, and provide a better appraisal of risk in humans, including modification of fumonisin response by gram-negative infections. ..
- Liver innate immunity in drug-induced liver diseaseZhang Xu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kaplowitz and the center members at the outstanding environment of USC Research Center for Liver Diseases. ..
- Mechanism of Compensatory Tissue Repair in Renal InjuryHARIHARA MEHENDALE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Basis of Colon Adenoma Synchronous to Carcinoma.Yun Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will understand better the biology of different subsets of sporadic CRC, namely CRC+SA, proximal tumors and MSI instable tumors. Our findings will impact on future clinical therapeutic studies of CRC. ..
- Role of non-tuberculous mycobacteria in lung diseaseJason Stout; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings will also assist clinicians in predicting which patients with NTM isolated from the respiratory tract will have NTM pulmonary disease. ..
- ANALGESIC REGIMENS FOR SURGERY AND INFLAMMATION IN MICELINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data should reveal new and practical strategies for relief of post-procedural pain in mice. ..
- BEHAVIORAL AND PHYSIOLOGIC PATHOBIOLOGY OF MICELINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of Action of G3139CY STEIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECTS OF STATINS ON PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONReda Girgis; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will allow the candidate to develop into a well-trained independent researcher in PH. ..
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 in Liver FibrosisMeena Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from these investigations may lead to novel approaches to the treatment of chronic fibrosing liver disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYROBERT ANDREW ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how neutrophils interact with oxygen deficiency to promote liver injury could lead to better ways to prevent or treat adverse drug reactions and other types of inflammatory liver injury. ..
- Impact of Medicaid Policy on cardiovascular drug use and clinical outcomesMichael A Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The impact of early antiretroviral therapy on HIV persistence and inflammationSTEVEN GRANT DEEKS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our work may also provide important insights in the role of chronic inflammation in driving viral persistence, and hence may lead to the development of novel interventions. ..
- Role of 15d-PGJ2 Hepatic MacrophagesCynthia Ju; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, studies of inhibition of HO-1 and IL-10 will be carried out to determine functional association of 15d-PGJ2 with HO-1 and IL-10. ..
- The Role of RR in Chemotherapeutic Drug ResistanceYun Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Taken together, our proposed studies will provide an integrated evaluation of the molecular control of RR-mediated chemotherapeutic drug resistance. ..
- NOVEL METHODS OF GENE THERAPY FOR LIVER DISEASETimothy Davern; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DIETARY RESTRICTION AND TOXICANT-INDUCED LIVER DISEASEHARIHARA MEHENDALE; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings will shed light on the mechanisms of protection afforded by moderate DR against toxicity of environmental agents that have the potential to impact environmentally induced liver diseases. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF COMBINED EPHEDRINE/CAFFEINE SUPPLEMENTSChristine Haller; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective for the proposed studies is to develop Dr. Haller into an independent career clinical researcher in this field of study. ..
- LIVER RESPONSE TO LPS--ROLE OF LBP AND CD14Grace Su; Fiscal Year: 2003..II. Determine the mechanism by which LBP and CD14 accelerate ingestion of Gram-negative bacteria. III. Determine the mechanisms by which LBP/CD14 mediated KC activation promote bacterial killing. ..
- Immunologic Control of Drug-resistant HIV-1Steven Deeks; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, since we will estimate the relative in vivo thresholds for HIV-mediated immunogenicity and pathogenicity, these studies may also have implications for vaccine development. ..
- Orthogonal Strategies for Specific Knockout ProductionCY STEIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, in Specific Aim 4, we will evaluate the molecular consequences of the down regulation of bcl-2 and bcl-xL by employing the 12,000 gene-containing Affymetrix oligonucleotide microarray technology. ..
- Metabolism of Carcinogens and Drugs by Human P450sF Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these collective studies should provide better understanding of the ways in which human P450s catalyze oxidation of carcinogens and drugs and the significance of variations in these enzymes. ..
- Treatment Intensification for Drug-Resistant HIVSteven Deeks; Fiscal Year: 2004..Funding for the pilot clinical trial has been obtained from other sources; funding is requested in this proposal only for costs associated with the measurements of immunologic response to drug-resistant HIV-1. ..
- Role of O6-alkylguanine in nitrosamine-induced cancersLisa Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will set the stage for a molecular epidemiological study to determine whether individuals who are unable to repair this mutagenic adduct are at increased risk of tobacco-related cancers. ..
- Sleep and fatigue during renal disease in miceLINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2008..Achieving this ambitious goal is feasible given the experience of my laboratory in surveying sleep phenotypes in other studies involving large numbers of mice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF GENE TARGETED OLIGONUCLEOTIDESCY STEIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, in Specific Aim 3, we will amplify the delivery of alt-OMPs and chi-OMPs to cells by condensing them with a novel delivery agent, tetra (N-methylpyridyl) porphine. ..
- SAMe Inhibits Inflammatory-mediated Enhanced ToxicityJANE MADDOX; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, they may provide evidence for development of related therapeutic compounds. ..
- Renal Failure in Non-Myeloablative Stem Cell TransplantChirag Parikh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- IL-6 regulation of matrix degradation in liver fibrosisMeena Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding these mechanisms will provide the basis for the development of novel anti-fibrotic therapies to treat a widely prevalent disease for which there is no effective treatment to date. ..
- Facility renovation to expand mouse barrier spaceLINDA TOTH; Fiscal Year: 2005..This space will not be adequate to support our anticipated continued growth in the areas of infectious disease and toxic challenge and in the need for quarantine of non-vendor rodents. ..
- CO-CARCINOGENIC ACTIVITY OF NITROSAMINE METABOLITESLisa Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, this mechanism is likely applicable to other unsymmetric nitrosamines as well as carcinogenic mixtures such as tobacco smoke, a known human carcinogen. ..
- Eighth Cooley's Anemia SymposiumElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Modulation of Iron Deposition in SCD and Other HemoglobinopathiesELLIOTT P contact VICHINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- E/BETA THALASSEMIA--NATURAL HISTORY & RESPONSE TO CHEMOElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, if this study is successful, it will change the approach to Hb E/B worldwide and result in improved quality of life and decreased mortality. (End of Abstract) ..
- PI3K in LPS-induced coagulation and inflammationJames Luyendyk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, characterization of the involvement of this pathway in LPS-induced inflammation may allow for development of novel strategies that can be used to treat sepsis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....