Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any impairment, arrest, or reversal of the normal flow of INTESTINAL CONTENTS toward the ANAL CANAL.
Publications371 found, 100 shown here
- Motility disorder in experimentally obstructed intestine: relationship between muscularis inflammation and disruption of the ICC networkK J Won
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Neurogastroenterol Motil 18:53-61. 2006We designed a model of small intestinal obstruction in rats to investigate changes in intestinal contractility associated with the immunologically activated components in the tunica muscularis...
- Different surgical techniques to reduce post-operative adhesion formation: a systematic review and meta-analysisR P G Ten Broek
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 19:12-25. 2013..The meta-analysis provides little evidence for the surgical principle that using less invasive techniques, introducing less foreign bodies or causing less ischaemia reduces the extent and severity of adhesions...
- Current concepts in malignant bowel obstruction managementEric Roeland
The Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice, 4311 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 11:298-303. 2009..This article discusses the current understanding of MBO pathophysiology and emphasizes current MBO management concepts; it then reviews surgical, interventional, and medical approaches...
- Dual-design expandable colorectal stent for malignant colorectal obstruction: comparison of flared ends and bent endsJin Hyoung Kim
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1, Poongnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:248-54. 2009....
- Clinical application of self-expandable metallic stent for treatment of colorectal obstruction caused by extrinsic invasive tumorsSung Jae Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dis Colon Rectum 51:578-83. 2008..The purpose of this study was to extend the application of self-expandable metallic stents by investigating their usefulness in treating colorectal obstructions caused by unresectable extrinsic tumors...
- Clinical application of self-expanding metallic stent in the management of acute left-sided colorectal malignant obstructionYou Ben Fan
Department of Surgery, Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:755-9. 2006..To summarize our experience with the application of self-expanding metallic stent (SEMS) in the management of acute left-sided colorectal malignant obstruction...
- Early closure of a multicenter randomized clinical trial of endoscopic stenting versus surgery for stage IV left-sided colorectal cancerJ E van Hooft
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 40:184-91. 2008..This randomized clinical trial aimed to assess whether a nonsurgical policy, with endoluminal stenting, is superior to surgical treatment in patients with stage IV left-sided colorectal cancer and imminent obstruction...
- Stenting or stoma creation for patients with inoperable malignant colonic obstructions? Results of a study and cost-effectiveness analysisD Xinopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Saint Savvas Cancer Hospital, Parnassou 35, 152 34, Athens, Greece
Surg Endosc 18:421-6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to compare the efficacy, safety, and cost of endoscopic palliative treatment with selfexpanding metallic stents with that of stoma creation in the management of inoperable malignant colonic obstructions...
- CT findings of phytobezoar associated with small bowel obstructionJi Hoon Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Eur Radiol 13:299-304. 2003..Small bowel feces were much more tubular in shape but did not have encapsulating wall on CT. The CT imaging is useful in making the diagnosis of phytobezoar associated with small bowel obstruction...
- Intestinal malrotation in adolescents and adults: spectrum of clinical and imaging featuresPerry J Pickhardt
Department of Radiology, National Naval Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889 5600, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1429-35. 2002
- Prophylactic and therapeutic benefits of COX-2 inhibitor on motility dysfunction in bowel obstruction: roles of PGE₂ and EP receptorsYou min Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0655, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G267-75. 2012..PGE(2) and its receptors EP2 and EP4 are involved in the motility dysfunction in obstruction, whereas EP1 and EP3 mediate PGE(2) regulation of colonic smooth muscle contractile function in normal state...
- Laparoscopic adhesiolysis: consensus conference guidelinesN Vettoretto
Laparoscopic Surgery Unit, M Mellini Hospital, Chiari, Italy
Colorectal Dis 14:e208-15. 2012..The increasing dissemination of laparoscopic surgery in the emergency setting and the lack of concrete evidence in the literature have called for a consensus conference to draw recommendations for clinical practice...
- Protection against increased intestinal permeability and bacterial translocation induced by intestinal obstruction in mice treated with viable and heat-killed Saccharomyces boulardiiSimone V Generoso
Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, C P 486, Belo Horizonte, MG, 30161 970, Brazil
Eur J Nutr 50:261-9. 2011..or heat-killed cells of Saccharomyces boulardii (Sb) on bacterial translocation, intestinal permeability, histological aspect of the ileum, and some immunological parameters were evaluated in a murine intestinal obstruction (IO) model.
- Comparison of a newly designed double-layered combination covered stent and D-weave uncovered stent for decompression of obstructive colorectal cancer: a prospective multicenter studyChang Mo Moon
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1190-6. 2010....
- Postradiation angiosarcoma of the small intestine: a case report and review of literatureMaria Luisa C Policarpio-Nicolas
Department of Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 10:301-5. 2006..The patient presented with symptoms of intestinal obstruction. At exploratory laparotomy, tumor nodules involved the small bowel...
- Surgical techniques for prevention of recurrence after total enterolysis in encapsulating peritoneal sclerosisHideki Kawanishi
Tsuchiya General Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Adv Perit Dial 24:51-5. 2008..Currently, we use total enterolysis and Noble plication as our standard techniques. Further basic and clinical studies regarding EPS prevention and treatment should be conducted...
- Effects of Dai-kenchu-to on intestinal obstruction following laparotomyT Hayakawa
Central Research Laboratories, Tsumura and Co, Ibaraki, Japan
J Smooth Muscle Res 35:47-54. 1999To confirm the usefulness of Dai-kenchu-to for intestinal obstruction, investigation of the effects of Dai-kenchu-to on postoperative intestinal adhesion was conducted...
- Intestinal obstruction syndromes in cystic fibrosis: meconium ileus, distal intestinal obstruction syndrome, and constipationHubert P J van der Doef
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology KE 04 133 1, University Medical Center Utrecht, Postbox 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 13:265-70. 2011Meconium ileus at birth, distal intestinal obstruction syndrome (DIOS), and constipation are an interrelated group of intestinal obstruction syndromes with a variable severity of obstruction that occurs in cystic fibrosis patients...
- Pathophysiology of motility dysfunction in bowel obstruction: role of stretch-induced COX-2Xuan Zheng Shi
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0655, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G99-G108. 2011..In conclusion, mechanical stretch in obstruction induces marked expression of COX-2 in the colonic SMC, and stretch-induced COX-2 plays a critical role in the suppression of smooth muscle contractility in bowel obstruction...
- Preoperative colonoscopy after self-expandable metallic stent placement in patients with acute neoplastic colon obstructionMario A Vitale
Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Unit, San Giovanni Addolorata Calvary Hospital, Rome, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 63:814-9. 2006..Unfortunately, between 7% and 29% of patients with colorectal cancer present with acute colonic obstruction, making complete colonoscopy impossible...
- Colonic stenting as a bridge to surgery in malignant large-bowel obstruction: a report from two large multinational registriesJ Jimenez-Perez
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 106:2174-80. 2011..SEMSs allow restoration of bowel transit and careful tumor staging in preparation for elective surgery, hence avoiding the high morbidity and mortality associated with emergency surgery and stoma creation...
- The impact of cystic fibrosis on neonatal intestinal obstruction: the need for prenatal/neonatal screeningG Casaccia
Department of Medical and Surgical Neonatology DMCN, Neonatal Surgery Unit, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio No 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Pediatr Surg Int 19:75-8. 2003To determine the incidence of cystic fibrosis (CF) in neonates with intestinal obstruction (NIO) secondary to meconium ileus (MI), jejunoileal atresia (JA), meconium plug syndrome (MPS), volvulus (V), and meconium peritonitis (MP) and ..
- A severe phenotype in mice with a duplication of exon 3 in the cystic fibrosis locusW K O'Neal
Institute for Molecular Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Hum Mol Genet 2:1561-9. 1993..Homozygous mutant animals display a severe phenotype, with approximately 40% dying within 1 week from intestinal obstruction. RNAase protection analysis of the cftrm1Bay allele did not detect any normal mRNA (< 1-2% of wild-type)..
- Heterotopic mesenteric ossification: a distinctive pseudosarcoma commonly associated with intestinal obstructionRajiv M Patel
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 1364 Clifton Road NE, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30222, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:119-22. 2006..occurs in males, almost always after surgery or abdominal trauma, and frequently presents with symptoms of intestinal obstruction. This clinical history, presence of clearly reactive zones resembling nodular fasciitis, thick osteoid, ..
- The preventive effect of Daikenchuto on postoperative adhesion-induced intestinal obstruction in ratsY Tokita
Central Research Laboratory, Tsumura and Co, 3586 Yoshiwara, Ami Machi, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
Inflammopharmacology 15:65-6. 2007..These results suggested that DKT had a preventive action on postoperative adhesive intestinal obstruction, and that this action was mediated by sensory and cholinergic nerves...
- Conundrum of the cocoon: report of a case and review of the literatureAmbil S Rajagopal
Department of Surgery, PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore, India
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1141-3. 2003..Despite anecdotal reports of a preoperative diagnosis, in the majority of cases, sclerosing, encapsulating peritonitis is a fortuitous finding. A better awareness of this condition may facilitate preoperative diagnosis...
- Gestational intestinal obstruction: a case report and review of literatureEmmanuel Kalu
Assisted Conception Unit, St Helier Hospital, Carshalton, SM5 1AA, Surrey, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:60-2. 2006b>Intestinal obstruction in pregnancy is rare and difficult to diagnose. Common causes of gestational intestinal obstruction include adhesions, volvulus, intussuscetion, carcinoma, hernia and appendicitis ...
- The use of enteral stents in colonic and gastric outlet obstructionC A Ely
Department of Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, 8402 Harcourt Road, Street 815, Indianapolis, IN 46214, USA
Surg Endosc 17:89-94. 2003..Enteral stenting is emerging as a viable treatment option for malignant obstructions of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. We describe our experience and review the literature on techniques and complications...
- Postoperative intestinal obstruction after laparoscopic versus open surgery in the pediatric population: A 15-year reviewF Molinaro
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Strasbourg, France
Eur J Pediatr Surg 19:160-2. 2009The aim of the study was to determine the possible advantages of a laparoscopic approach versus open surgery in infants and children with regard to the development of postoperative intestinal obstruction (PIO).
- Small bowel obstruction secondary to intragastric erosion and migration of a gastric bandD M Egbeare
Department of Surgery, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Castle Lane East, Bournemouth, Dorset BH7 7DW, UK
J Gastrointest Surg 12:983-4. 2008..As bariatric surgery becomes more common, patients with complications of their procedure may present to the general surgeon as an emergency. We recommend early intervention in patients with gastric erosion...
- Intestinal obstruction due to idiopathic sclerosing encapsulating peritonitis. Clinical report and review of literatureV Minutolo
Dipartimento Scienze Chirurgiche, Trapianti d Organo, Universita degli Studi di Catania
G Chir 29:173-6. 2008..In this report we describe surgical treatment, pathologic pattern and clinical findings of this rare disease...
- The impact of meconium ileus on the clinical course of children with cystic fibrosisA K Evans
Children's Chest Research Centre, Dept of Respiratory Medicine, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Eur Respir J 18:784-9. 2001..This was suggested by the significantly lower pulmonary function found in children with a history of meconium ileus compared to age- and sex-matched children who did not have meconium ileus...
- Recurrent torsion of a giant Meckel's diverticulumYu Meng Tan
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Dig Dis Sci 50:1285-7. 2005
- Defining DIOS and constipation in cystic fibrosis with a multicentre study on the incidence, characteristics, and treatment of DIOSRoderick H Houwen
Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:38-42. 2010Various definitions for distal intestinal obstruction syndrome (DIOS), meconium ileus equivalent, and constipation in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) are used...
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of distal intestinal obstruction syndrome in cystic fibrosis patientsCarla Colombo
Cystic Fibrosis Center, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinica, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Cyst Fibros 10:S24-8. 2011Complete or incomplete intestinal obstruction by viscid faecal material in the terminal ileum and proximal colon - distal intestinal obstruction syndrome (DIOS) - is a common complication in cystic fibrosis...
- Clinical and genetic comparisons of patients with cystic fibrosis, with or without meconium ileusE Kerem
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Research Institute of the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 114:767-73. 1989..These findings suggest that patients with cystic fibrosis and those without meconium ileus do not have major intrinsic differences and that the previously poor outlook in patients with meconium ileus has improved greatly...
- Cystic fibrosis patients bearing both the common missense mutation Gly----Asp at codon 551 and the delta F508 mutation are clinically indistinguishable from delta F508 homozygotes, except for decreased risk of meconium ileusA Hamosh
Center for Medical Genetics, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Am J Hum Genet 51:245-50. 1992..Clinical outcome (after survival of meconium ileus) for G551D/delta F508 compound heterozygotes and delta F508 homozygotes is indistinguishable; therefore, prognostic counseling should not differ...
- Management algorithm for intestinal obstruction due to ascariasis: a case report and review of the literatureAshraf F Hefny
Department of Surgery, Al Ain Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 15:301-5. 2009..Ascariasis causes a unique type of intestinal obstruction with specific problems, having high morbidity and mortality...
- A report of 15 cases of small-bowel obstruction secondary to phytobezoars: predisposing factors and diagnostic difficultiesH Bedioui
Service de Chirurgie A, Hopital La Rabta, Jabbari, 1007 Tunis, Tunisia h
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 32:596-600. 2008..Phytobezoars are a rare cause of acute bowel obstruction. The purpose of this work was to identify the predisposing factors and diagnostic difficulties of this rare entity...
- Severe intestinal obstruction on induced smooth muscle-specific ablation of the transcription factor SRF in adult miceMeike Angstenberger
Interfaculty Institute for Cell Biology, Tuebingen University, Tuebingen, Germany
Gastroenterology 133:1948-59. 2007..Genetic Srf deletion studies showed SRF to be indispensable for in vivo skeletal and cardiac muscle cell development. We now investigated for the first time in vivo SRF functions in smooth muscle cells of adult mice...
- Reoperation for palliation of recurrent malignant bowel obstruction in ovarian carcinomaBhavana Pothuri
Department of Surgery, Gynecology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:193-5. 2004..The purpose of this study was to analyze the outcome of patients undergoing reoperation for repeat bowel obstruction...
- Endolaparoscopic approach vs conventional open surgery in the treatment of obstructing left-sided colon cancer: a randomized controlled trialHester Yui Shan Cheung
Department of Surgery, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, China
Arch Surg 144:1127-32. 2009..To compare self-expanding metal stents with emergency open surgery in the treatment of obstructing left-sided colon cancer...
- Stenting of the proximal colon in patients with malignant large bowel obstruction: techniques and outcomesAlessandro Repici
Instituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 66:940-4. 2007..Self-expandable metal stents are used throughout the GI tract to relieve malignant obstructions...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain UFMG 905 protects against bacterial translocation, preserves gut barrier integrity and stimulates the immune system in a murine intestinal obstruction modelSimone V Generoso
Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, C P 486, 30161 970, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Arch Microbiol 192:477-84. 2010..bacterial translocation (BT), intestinal barrier integrity, and stimulates the immunity, in a murine intestinal obstruction (IO) model...
- Imaging of atypical hemangiomas of the liver with pathologic correlationV Vilgrain
Department of Radiology, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Radiographics 20:379-97. 2000..However, in other atypical cases, the diagnosis will remain uncertain at imaging, and these cases will require histopathologic examination...
- Endoscopic stenting versus surgical gastroenterostomy for palliation of malignant gastroduodenal obstruction: a meta-analysisShunsuke Hosono
Department of Surgery, Osaka City Sumiyoshi Hospital, 1 2 16 Higashi Kagaya, Osaka 559 0012, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:283-90. 2007..We attempted to elucidate the current status of endoscopic self-expanding metal stents for palliation of malignant gastroduodenal obstruction in comparison with surgical gastroenterostomy...
- Outcome of palliative operations for malignant bowel obstruction in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from nongynecological cancerS L Blair
Department of General Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:632-7. 2001..In these patients, highly selective use of laparotomy is recommended...
- Gastrointestinal bezoars: a retrospective analysis of 34 casesKenan Erzurumlu
Department of Surgery, Medical School, Ondokuzmayis University, 55139 Kurupelit, Samsun, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 11:1813-7. 2005..When located in small bowel, they frequently cause small bowel obstruction (SBO). We aimed to present our experience by reviewing literature...
- Self-expanding metal stents for colonic obstruction: experiences from 104 procedures in a single centerSøren Meisner
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology K, H S Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dis Colon Rectum 47:444-50. 2004..In the past, colonic obstruction caused by malignancy most often resulted in high-risk operations, usually involving two-step procedures or leaving the patient with a stoma in case of disseminated disease...
- Systematic evaluation of surgical strategies for acute malignant left-sided colonic obstructionS Breitenstein
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Zurich, Switzerland
Br J Surg 94:1451-60. 2007..Surgical strategy for acute colorectal obstruction due to colorectal cancer remains controversial. One-, two- and three-stage surgical procedures, and preoperative stenting of the stenosis as a bridge to surgery, are available...
- Abdominal adhesions: intestinal obstruction, pain, and infertilityW W Vrijland
Department of Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 CD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 17:1017-22. 2003..Randomized controlled trials to compare open and laparoscopic surgery for adhesions should be executed with long-term follow-up to assess the success rates of adhesiolysis and compare the morbidity and mortality...
- Pooled analysis of the efficacy and safety of self-expanding metal stenting in malignant colorectal obstructionShaji Sebastian
Department of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland
Am J Gastroenterol 99:2051-7. 2004..Our aim was to systematically review the efficacy and safety of these stents in the setting of malignant colorectal obstruction...
- Small bowel obstruction: what to look forAna Catarina Silva
Department of Radiology, Unidade Local de Saúde de Matosinhos, EPE, Senhora da Hora, Matosinhos, Portugal
Radiographics 29:423-39. 2009..Radiologists have a pivotal role in clinical decision making in cases of SBO by providing answers to specific questions that significantly affect management...
- Relative contribution of genetic and nongenetic modifiers to intestinal obstruction in cystic fibrosisScott M Blackman
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Gastroenterology 131:1030-9. 2006Neonatal intestinal obstruction (meconium ileus [MI]) occurs in 15% of patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Quality of life and symptom control after stent placement or surgical palliation of malignant colorectal obstructionSatish Nagula
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Nutrition Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Am Coll Surg 210:45-53. 2010..Self-expanding metal stents have emerged as an alternative for palliation of malignant LBO. However, there are few long-term studies documenting the effect of surgical palliation or colonic stents on symptoms or quality of life (QoL)...
- Cystic fibrosis mice carrying the missense mutation G551D replicate human genotype-phenotype correlationsS J Delaney
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
EMBO J 15:955-63. 1996..The long-term survival of these animals should provide an excellent model with which to study cystic fibrosis, and they illustrate the value of mouse models carrying relevant mutations for examining genotype-phenotype correlations...
- Peritoneal mice implicated in intestinal obstruction: report of a case and review of the literaturePradipta Ghosh
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 92161, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:427-30. 2006..Implication of these concretions in an acute abdomen is a rare clinical entity...
- Neonatal intestinal obstruction with isolated levocardiaS Budhiraja
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Pediatr Surg 35:1115-6. 2000..In cases of situs inversus abdominus, because of inversion of viscera, the volvulus may occur in an anticlockwise direction and, thus, should be derotated in a clockwise direction...
- Medical treatment for inoperable malignant bowel obstruction: a qualitative systematic reviewSebastiano Mercadante
Pain Relief and Palliative Care Unit, La Maddalena Cancer Center, and Department of Anesthesiology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Pain Symptom Manage 33:217-23. 2007..Randomized trials that involved patients with a clinical diagnosis of intestinal obstruction due to advanced cancer treated with these drugs were reviewed. Five reports fulfilled inclusion criteria...
- Surgical treatment of advanced-stage carcinoid tumors: lessons learnedJ Philip Boudreaux
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Ann Surg 241:839-45; discussion 845-6. 2005..To evaluate clinical outcomes in a large group of advanced-stage carcinoid patients (stage IV) following multimodal surgical therapy...
- Abdominal cocoon: preoperative diagnostic clues from radiologic imaging with pathologic correlationJin Hur
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yongdong Severance Hospital 146 92, Dogok dong, Kangnam Gu, Seoul 135 270, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:639-41. 2004
- CT findings in patients with small bowel obstruction due to phytobezoarRivka Zissin
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Emerg Radiol 10:197-200. 2004..As CT is frequently performed for suspected SBO, an ovoid, short intraluminal mottled mass seen at the site of an obstruction may be regarded as a pathognomonic preoperative sign of an obstructing phytobezoar...
- Guidelines for management of small bowel obstructionJose J Diaz
Division of Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Trauma 64:1651-64. 2008
- A dual-design expandable colorectal stent for malignant colorectal obstruction: results of a multicenter studyH Y Song
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Endoscopy 39:448-54. 2007....
- Does means of access affect the incidence of small bowel obstruction and ventral hernia after bowel resection? Laparoscopy versus laparotomyHans Joachim Duepree
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:177-81. 2003..This report attempts to define the incidence of these access-related complications in a large group of patients undergoing laparoscopic-assisted bowel resection (LABR) and open bowel operation (OPEN)...
- A case of enterolith small bowel obstruction and jejunal diverticulosisBuhussan Hayee
Department of Surgery, William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent TN24, U K
World J Gastroenterol 9:883-4. 2003..This was a rare case of small bowel obstruction due to enterolith formation - made distinctive by calcification (previously unreported in the proximal small bowel)...
- Peritoneal adhesions: etiology, pathophysiology, and clinical significance. Recent advances in prevention and managementT Liakakos
3rd Academic Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Dig Surg 18:260-73. 2001....
- WallFlex colonic stent placement for management of malignant colonic obstruction: a prospective study at two centersAlessandro Repici
Milano, Bologna, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 67:77-84. 2008..Self-expanding metal stents (SEMSs) can alleviate malignant colonic obstruction and avoid emergency decompressive surgery. The use of colonic larger-diameter SEMSs may improve bowel function and reduce migration risk...
- Small bowel obstruction: conservative vs. surgical managementStephen B Williams
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1140-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess incidence, risk factors, and recurrence rates for conservative and surgical management of small bowel obstruction...
- Early operation or conservative management of patients with small bowel obstruction?B T Fevang
Department of Surgery, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, Norway
Eur J Surg 168:475-81. 2002..To evaluate the outcome after initial non-operative treatment in patients with small bowel obstruction (SBO)...
- Adhesion-related small bowel obstructionB J Moran
Colorectal Research Unit, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:39-44. 2007..Adhesive SBO remains a common surgical emergency and there is no substitute for repeated examination by a surgeon, capable of performing a laparotomy, in the optimal management of these complex patients...
- Comparison of uncovered stent with covered stent for treatment of malignant colorectal obstructionKee Myung Lee
Department of Gastroenterology Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 66:931-6. 2007..A SEMS can be classified as an uncovered or covered stent. Both types of stents have their own merits and demerits...
- Complications of a gastrostomy tube used for decompression of an inoperable bowel obstruction in a patient with advanced cancerMasanori Mori
Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 38:466-72. 2009..Routine referral for G-tube placement before medical management has been maximized may not minimize suffering in patients with life-limiting illnesses...
- Malignant bowel obstruction: individualized treatment near the end of lifeAileen Soriano
Harry R Horvitz Center for Palliative Medicine, Section of Palliative Medicine and Supportive Oncology, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 78:197-206. 2011..Surgery should not be routinely done. Less-invasive approaches such as gastric and colonic stenting are useful...
- Factors influencing the development of small intestinal obstruction following total gastrectomy for gastric cancer: the impact of reconstructive route in the Roux-en-Y procedureD Korenaga
Department of General Surgery, Fukuoka Dental College Hospital, Tamura 2-15-1, Sawara-ku, Fukuoka 814-0193, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:1389-92. 2001BACKGROUND/AIMS: The factors influencing the development of small intestinal obstruction following gastric surgery are controversial...
- Long-term survival in a patient with non-small cell lung cancer presenting as small intestinal obstructionTal Grenader
Department of Oncology, Sha are Zedek Medical Center, P O Box 3235, 91031, Jerusalem, Israel
Onkologie 33:178-80. 2010..Despite the early and widespread dissemination of nonsmall cell lung cancer, clinically significant metastases in the small bowel are rare, and when they do occur, the patient is almost always in the terminal stages of the disease...
- Multifocal eosinophilic enteritis associated with a small intestinal obstruction in a standardbred horseJ M Swain
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG
Vet Rec 152:648-51. 2003A seven-year-old standardbred gelding developed marked signs of colic associated with an acute small intestinal obstruction. Surgical exploration revealed three intramural, circumferential constricting lesions in the small intestine, the ..
- Location of the transition zone in CT of small-bowel obstruction: added value of multiplanar reformationsJerome Hodel
Department of Radiology, Saint Joseph Hospital, Paris, France
Abdom Imaging 34:35-41. 2009..To assess the additional value of multiplanar reformations (MPR) in comparison with axial images alone for location of the transition zone in CT of mechanical small-bowel obstruction (SBO)...
- Primary intestinal obstruction complicated by persistent descending mesocolonM Ogihara
Department of Surgery, University of Tokyo, Japan
Int Surg 85:226-30. 2000..It is asymptomatic in most cases and rarely causes intestinal obstruction. We report here a case of primary intestinal obstruction complicated by a persistent descending mesocolon...
- Malignant bowel obstruction: a review of current treatment strategiesElisabeth A Dolan
Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH, 44106, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 28:576-82. 2011..Parenteral hydration and nutrition use remain controversial with this population. The factor most closely tied to prognosis is performance status...
- Large benign cystic teratoma of the mesosigmoid causing intestinal obstruction: report of a caseSimmi K Ratan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kalra Children s Hospital, Faridabad, Haryana, India
Surg Today 32:922-4. 2002..A brief review of the literature on the diagnosis and treatment of similar lesions is presented...
- Fetal intestinal obstruction induces alteration of enteric nervous system development in human intestinal atresiaNaziha Khen
INSERM E 0212, Faculty Necker, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Pediatr Res 56:975-80. 2004..They point to the role of peristalsis in normal gut development and suggest that stimulation of peristalsis might be used to accelerate recovery...
- Imaging of acute small-bowel obstructionSavvas Nicolaou
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, 899 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1M9, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:1036-44. 2005..The objective of this pictorial essay is to review the different imaging techniques used for diagnosing small-bowel obstruction...
- Crohn's disease with enterolith treated laparoscopicallyMark W Jones
Ingham Regional Medical Center Lansing, Michigan, USA
JSLS 9:339-41. 2005..Enteroliths associated with Crohn's disease is an extremely rare condition with fewer than 25 cases reported in the literature. Presented herein is such a case successfully treated laparoscopically...
- Palliative care for intestinal obstruction in recurrent ovarian cancer: a multivariate analysisG Mangili
Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Vita e Salute, S Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:830-5. 2005..A retrospective analysis of data on 47 patients with intestinal obstruction by ovarian cancer was performed...
- Colonic stenting: technique, technology, and outcomes for malignant and benign diseaseTodd H Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Charlton 8A, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 15:757-71. 2005..Limited data exist on their use for benign disease. This article reviews the latest in stent technology and the outcomes after their placement for benign and malignant disease...
- Trends in frequency and management of obstructing colorectal cancers in a well-defined populationNicolas Cheynel
Inserm UMR866, Registre des Cancers Digestifs, Dijon, France
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1568-75. 2007..Few population-based studies investigate obstructing colorectal cancers. This study was designed to describe trends in their frequency and management...
- Neonatal functional intestinal obstruction and the presence of severely immature ganglion cells on rectal biopsy: 6 year experienceTariq Burki
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 27:487-90. 2011We report our experience of managing eight babies who presented with neonatal intestinal obstruction and whose rectal biopsies showed severely immature ganglion cells.
- Crohn's disease discovered by an obstructing chick peaS J Amonkar
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead NE9 6SX
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 68:445. 2007
- Outcome of 141 cases of self-expandable metallic stent placements for malignant and benign colorectal strictures in a single centerYoshihisa Saida
Department of Surgery, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, 2 17 6 Ohashi, Meguro ku, Tokyo, 153 8515, Japan
Surg Endosc 25:1748-52. 2011..The use of a self-expandable metallic stent (SEMS) has emerged as an alternative treatment option for malignant colorectal obstruction. Although the technical success rate of SEMS has been widely reported, outcome data are limited...
- Malignant rectal obstruction within 5 cm of the anal verge: is there a role for expandable metallic stent placement?Ho Young Song
Department of Radiology, Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 68:713-20. 2008..Placement of expandable metallic stents (EMS) has been considered contraindicated for patients with malignant rectal obstruction within 5 cm of the anal verge because of the potential problems of anal pain...
- Colorectal stenting as an effective therapy for preoperative and palliative treatment of large bowel obstruction: 9 years' experienceM Alcantara
Coloproctology Unit, Sabadell Hospital, Parc Taulí S N 08208, Sabadell Barcelona, Spain
Tech Coloproctol 11:316-22. 2007..Stenting represents a valid one-step surgical alternative for intestinal obstruction of the colon.
- Immature mesenteric teratoma causing intestinal obstructionKamal Nain Rattan
Indian J Pediatr 74:207-8. 2007
- Preoperative colonoscopic derotation is beneficial in acute colonic volvulusPietro Renzulli
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Berne, Switzerland
Dig Surg 19:223-9. 2002..Analysis of preoperative and operative management of acute colonic volvulus and development of treatment guidelines in a region of low incidence...
- Interventional management of malignant colorectal obstruction: use of covered and uncovered stentsJin Soo Choi
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:57-63. 2007..We wanted to evaluate usefulness of uncovered stent in comparison with covered stent for the palliative treatment of malignant colorectal obstruction...
- Emergency preoperative stenting versus surgery for acute left-sided malignant colonic obstruction: a multicenter randomized controlled trialIsabelle A Pirlet
Digestive Surgery Unit, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier University Hospital, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Surg Endosc 25:1814-21. 2011..This study aimed to compare the outcomes of emergency surgery alone with emergency placement of colonic SEMS as a bridge to surgery in terms of efficiency and reduction of the stoma placement rate...
- Pattern and outcome of childhood intestinal obstruction at a tertiary hospital in NigeriaO O Ogundoyin
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr Health Sci 9:170-3. 2009b>Intestinal obstruction is a common cause of pediatric surgical emergency with a high morbidity and mortality in Africa.
- Post-transplantation encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis in a young childRatna Tan
Department of Children Nephrology, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3822-4. 2011..Treatment consists of cessation of the PD, if applicable, and adequate nutrition, either parenteral or enteral. Further medical therapy remains controversial but may involve steroids and/or interruption of calcineurin inhibitors...
- Disorders of interstitial cells of Cajal in a neonate with segmental dilatation of the intestineTadao Okada
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 45:e11-4. 2010..Furthermore, the possible neuropathic cause of SDI complicated with disorders of ICC was explored in this report...
- Safety, feasibility, and short-term outcomes of laparoscopically assisted primary ileocolic resection for Crohn's diseaseMattias Soop
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Surg Endosc 23:1876-81. 2009..This study assessed the safety and recovery parameters in the largest, consecutive, single-institution series to date...
- Clinical outcomes of metallic stent insertion for obstructive colorectal cancerSeung Hyuk Baik
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Hepatogastroenterology 53:183-7. 2006..The aim of this study is to analyze the outcome of planned operation after stent insertion for obstructive colorectal cancer...
- Pathological Evaluation of a Cystic Fibrosis Ferret ModelJohn F Engelhardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..characterization of CF ferrets, establishment of a new genetic background for easier propagation without intestinal obstruction, and establishment of a corporate partnership for breeding and disseminating this model to the research ..
- Neural basis of learned food aversion and nauseaCHARLES HORN; Fiscal Year: 2009..including cancer chemotherapy, diabetic gastroparesis, anorexia nervosa, ischemic gastropathy, chronic intestinal obstruction, abdominal malignancy, and functional dyspepsia...
- Elucidating the role of a-AP-2 in CFTR endocytosis and function in the intestineAnne M Collaco; Fiscal Year: 2013..CF) and secretory diarrhea because: (1) absence of functional CFTR on the intestinal surface leads to intestinal obstruction and CF while (2) increased surface CFTR expression due to defects in endocytosis or increased exocytosis ..
- Gdnf and endothelin-3 regulate colorectal enteric nervous system developmentAllan M Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..disorder caused by the absence of enteric ganglia, usually in the distal colorectum, and leading to severe intestinal obstruction in newborns...
- Functional Relevance of CFTR Trafficking in Vivo to Intestinal DiseaseNadia A Ameen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Absence of CFTR on the enterocyte BBM leads to hyperacidity and intestinal obstruction as observed in the disease Cystic Fibrosis (CF). Increased CFTR on the BBM leads to secretory diarrhea...
- Gene interaction in development and diseaseMiriam H Meisler; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will investigate the pathogenesis of intestinal obstruction in Fig4 deficient mice and its relevance to human patients...
- An in vitro system for the study of epithelial bicarbonate secretionJonathan D Kaunitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..as are found in the disease cystic fibrosis, can cause severe problems such as lung disease, pancreatitis, intestinal obstruction, and male infertility...
- Animal Model Resources for Cystic FibrosisCraig A Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2011..profile from infection, endocrine disruption, metabolic anomalies, delayed puberty and infertility, intestinal obstruction, intestinal and airway goblet cell hyperplasia, altered epithelial bioelectric properties, etc...
- Animal Model Resources for Cystic FibrosisCraig A Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2013..profile from infection, endocrine disruption, metabolic anomalies, delayed puberty and infertility, intestinal obstruction, intestinal and airway goblet cell hyperplasia, altered epithelial bioelectric properties, etc...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HIRSCHSPRUNG DISEASEAravinda Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Hirschsprung disease (HSCR) is the most common birth defect due to a functional intestinal obstruction. Molecular genetic studies are ideal for identifying the cellular defects in enteric neuroblasts and their ..
- Autophagy and Crohn's DiseaseThomas Y Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..disease, a debilitating chronic inflammatory illness of the intestine that often requires surgery due to intestinal obstruction. We had been studying a gene called IRGM before it was linked through genetic studies with Crohn's ..
- Characterization of intestinal regeneration in a model of intestinal atresiaPeter F Nichol; Fiscal Year: 2013..Atresias present in the newborn period as an intestinal obstruction. A significant percentage of patients with intestinal atresia develop shortgut syndrome/Intestinal failure ..
- ASSESSING THE VARIABILITY IN TIME TO TREATMENT IN SURGERMark Chassin; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to study three delay-sensitive conditions: appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy, and intestinal obstruction. In phase 1, we will review medical records retrospectively to establish the relationship between overall ..
- Mechanosensory properties in the partially obstructed guinea pig small intestineHans Gregersen; Fiscal Year: 2009..the biomechanical and mechanosensory properties of the small intestine as they relate to partial small intestinal obstruction. Guinea pigs with obstruction will be compared to age- and sex-matched normal guinea pigs to analyze ..
- ED Staffing and Patient OutcomesNina Bickell; Fiscal Year: 2002..and patients' health outcomes for 3 delay sensitive conditions: appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy and intestinal obstruction. We will build on an ongoing AHRQ-funded project, "Assessing the Variability in Time to Treatment in ..
- Modifier genes in CF-related diabetes and meconium ileusSCOTT BLACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..CFTR underlie much of the risk for two significant complications of CF: meconium ileus, a severe neonatal intestinal obstruction, and CF-related diabetes, which is correlated with increased CF complications and reduced survival...
- BIOABSORABLE MEMBRANES FOR PREVENTION OF ADHESIONSDufei Fang; Fiscal Year: 2002..are many potential applications of these membranes in the clinical arena, including the prevention of intestinal obstruction in the abdomen after abdominal surgery and adhesion problems related to female patients after open ..
- International Conference on Malignant Bowel ObstructionRobert Krouse; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using MBO as a model, a consensus will be attained for methodological approaches and the implementation of palliative care research. ..
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- SACRAL CREST CELLS AND ENTERIC NEURODEVELOPMENTRaj Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will further our understanding of normal enteric neurodevelopment and congenital disorders of intestinal motility. ..
- The Role of GDF-15 in Organ InjuryLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of this mentored research training will further the candidate?s goal of applying bench-derived scientific discovery to the treatment of surgical disease as an independent investigator. ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Increasing Functional Liver Mass in Health and DiseaseLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Determine the extent to which and mechanisms by which co-administrating HCF and Follistatin along with IL-6 facilitates the liver growth response and reduces IL-6 associated toxicity. ..
- Antiangiogenic therapy of pancreatic cancerSareh Parangi; Fiscal Year: 2006..This unique combination will allow me to complete the first phase of my career development and progress on to independent research. ..
- Radioimmunotherapy of Acute LeukemiaEneida Nemecek; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INFARCT NEOVASCULARIZATION TO IMPROVE STEM CELL ENGRAFTMENTJonathan McCue; Fiscal Year: 2006..An additional beneficial readout of this experiment is a functional and histologic comparison of multiple cell lineages currently being used in the field. ..
- AIDS-ASSOCIATED MALIGNANCIES CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMDavid Aboulafia; Fiscal Year: 2005..5. Assist the AMC and the NCI clinical trials cooperative groups and the NIAID ACTUs in the development and implementation of phase III studies if initial efforts of the AMC consortium are successful. ..
- HIGH-RISK NEUROBLASTOMA: A DEVASTATING CHILDHOOD CANCERLaurent Brard; Fiscal Year: 2008..B3CD could potentially be used alone or in combination with standard chemotherapy to treat this devastating illness. ..
- Cathartic-Free Dual-Energy CT ColonographyJeff Fidler; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators have world-class expertise and resources in CT colonography, dual energy algorithms, and CT system calibrations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adolescent Gastric By-Pass and Diabetic PrecursorsThomas Inge; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Artificial Nutrition in Terminally Ill Cancer PatientsSydney Dy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dy with the skills she needs to develop into an independent clinical researcher in oncology palliative care decision-making and health services research. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intestinal Stem Cell Gene TherapyJEFFREY AVANSINO; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide a basis for intestinal gene therapy as well as study of stem cell/mesenchyme interaction. ..
- Role of NO and Endothelin in Human NECGAIL BESNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, these data could provide a platform for a prospective, randomized trial of new medical therapeutic strategies for NEC, e.g., the pharmacological manipulation of endothelin receptors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protective Mechanisms of CO in Intestinal InflammationAnthony Bauer; Fiscal Year: 2009..AIM 3: Identify the mechanistic pathways by which CO alters pro- and anti-inflammatory signaling, and identify regional differences. ..
- Triggering Mechanisms of Post-Operative IleusAnthony Bauer; Fiscal Year: 2008..physical disruption and release of extracellular matrix products (hyaluronic acid and fibronectin fragments) with subsequent CD44-mediated inflammatory signaling. ..
- SUBCORTICAL MODULATION OF THE DORSAL VAGAL COMPLEXXueguo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Treatment of Older Patients with Early Breast CancerArash Naeim; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BOLD and Perfusion fMRI of Alzheimer's Disease RiskAdam Fleisher; Fiscal Year: 2008....