Summary: Abnormal passage communicating with the PANCREAS.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- [Pancreatic leakage after pancreas resection. An analysis of 345 operated patients]U Adam
Chirurgische Universitätskliniken Freiburg und Rostock
Chirurg 73:466-73. 2002..We analyzed our experience with incidence, clinical course, and risk factors of pancreatic leakage in a large patient group...
- Risk factors for mortality and intra-abdominal morbidity after distal pancreatectomyJ F Sledzianowski
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue J Poulhes, 31043 Toulouse, France
Surgery 137:180-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyze the short-term outcome and to determine risk factors after distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Postoperative pancreatic fistula: an international study group (ISGPF) definitionClaudio Bassi
Surgical and Gastroenterological Department, Hospital G B Rossi, University of Verona, Italy
Surgery 138:8-13. 2005Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is still regarded as a major complication. The incidence of POPF varies greatly in different reports, depending on the definition applied at each surgical center...
- Pancreatic fistula rates after 462 distal pancreatectomies: staplers do not decrease fistula ratesCristina R Ferrone
Department of General Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1691-7; discussion 1697-8. 2008b>Pancreatic fistula is a major source of morbidity after distal pancreatectomy (DP). We reviewed 462 consecutive patients undergoing DP to determine if the method of stump closure impacted fistula rates.
- Distal pancreatectomy: risk factors for surgical failure in 302 consecutive casesJorg Kleeff
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Surg 245:573-82. 2007The objective of this study was to identify potential risk factors for mortality and morbidity after distal pancreatectomy, with special focus on the formation of pancreatic fistula.
- Efficacy of stapler versus hand-sewn closure after distal pancreatectomy (DISPACT): a randomised, controlled multicentre trialMarkus K Diener
Study Centre of the German Surgical Society and Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Lancet 377:1514-22. 2011..We postulated that standardised closure with a stapler device would prevent pancreatic fistula more effectively than would a hand-sewn closure of the remnant.
- Postoperative complications following gastrectomy for gastric cancer during the last decadeDaisuke Ichikawa
Department of Digestive Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:613-7. 2004..The reduction in the incidence of severe postoperative complications has resulted in a significant increase in the survival of patients with gastric cancer...
- Novel method of stump closure for distal pancreatectomy with a 75% reduction in pancreatic fistula rateJoseph A Blansfield
Geisinger Medical Center, Section of Surgical Oncology, 100 N Academy Avenue, MC 21 69, Danville, PA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 16:524-8. 2012b>Pancreatic fistula is a significant problem for patients undergoing distal pancreatectomy with fistula rates up to 61%. Fistulas lead to substantial morbidity...
- Decrease in clinically relevant pancreatic fistula by coverage of the pancreatic remnant after distal pancreatectomyMatthias Hassenpflug
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Surgery 152:S164-71. 2012..Our aim was to evaluate the clinical benefits of coverage of the pancreatic resection margin by autologous tissue...
- Fatty pancreas: a factor in postoperative pancreatic fistulaAbhishek Mathur
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Ann Surg 246:1058-64. 2007To determine whether patients who develop a pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomy are more likely to have pancreatic fat than matched controls.
- Binding pancreaticojejunostomy is a new technique to minimize leakageShuyou Peng
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang Province, People s Republic of, 310009, Hangzhou, China
Am J Surg 183:283-5. 2002..We have performed this procedure in 105 consecutive patients; none of the cases developed pancreatic fistula. It is a safe, simple, and efficient technique.
- External pancreatic duct stent decreases pancreatic fistula rate after pancreaticoduodenectomy: prospective multicenter randomized trialPatrick Pessaux
Pôle des Pathologies Digestives, Hépatiques et de la Transplantation, Hopital de Hautepierre, Universite de Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 253:879-85. 2011b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Fatty pancreas and increased body mass index are risk factors of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomySebastien Gaujoux
Department of Hepato pancreato biliary Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif PMAD, Paris, France
Surgery 148:15-23. 2010b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) after pancreatoduodenectomy (PD) remains a challenging problem. The only commonly accepted risk factor is the soft consistency of the pancreatic remnant.
- Does pancreatic duct stenting decrease the rate of pancreatic fistula following pancreaticoduodenectomy? Results of a prospective randomized trialJordan M Winter
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:1280-90; discussion 1290. 2006..The pancreatic fistula rate for the entire study population was 9.4%...
- Pancreatic anastomoses after pancreaticoduodenectomy: do we need further studies?Shailesh V Shrikhande
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Dr Ernest Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai, 400 012, India
World J Surg 29:1642-9. 2005..words pancreaticoduodenectomy, pancreatic anastomosis, pancreaticojejunostomy, pancreaticogastrostomy, and pancreatic fistula was performed...
- Assessment of complications after pancreatic surgery: A novel grading system applied to 633 patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomyMichelle L DeOliveira
Swiss HPB Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Zurich University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Surg 244:931-7; discussion 937-9. 2006..To define a simple and reproducible classification of complications following pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) based on a therapy-oriented severity grading system...
- [Distal pancreatic resection--indications, techniques and complications]U Adam
Zentralbl Chir 126:908-12. 2001..The frequency of pancreatic leakage may be reduced significantly by increasing hospital experience. The management of the pancreatic stump by pancreatojejunostomy should be considered in patients with a high risk of pancreatic leakage...
- Early versus late drain removal after standard pancreatic resections: results of a prospective randomized trialClaudio Bassi
Department of Surgery, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Ann Surg 252:207-14. 2010..The role of surgically placed intra-abdominal drainages after pancreatic resections has not been clearly established. In particular, their effect on morbidity rates and the optimal timing for their removal remains controversial...
- Clinical and economic validation of the International Study Group of Pancreatic Fistula (ISGPF) classification schemeWande B Pratt
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Surg 245:443-51. 2007..The authors sought to validate the ISGPF classification scheme in a large cohort of patients following pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) in a pancreaticobiliary surgical specialty unit...
- Postoperative pancreatic fistulas are not equivalent after proximal, distal, and central pancreatectomyWande Pratt
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:1264-78; discussion 1278-9. 2006..and 6 central pancreatectomies) were evaluated according to the International Study Group of Pancreatic Fistula classification scheme...
- Prevention and management of pancreatic fistulaMark P Callery
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, ST 9, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:163-73. 2009..Key citations from the past seventeen years have been scrutinized, and together with personal experience, provide the basis for this review...
- A simple and safe anastomosis in pancreaticogastrostomy using mattress suturesHiroaki Ohigashi
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Am J Surg 196:130-4. 2008..Postoperative amylase levels in the drainage fluid decreased significantly and none of the 17 patients developed pancreatic fistula formation. The technique is simple and shortens the time required for anastomosis.
- Does type of pancreaticojejunostomy after pancreaticoduodenectomy decrease rate of pancreatic fistula? A randomized, prospective, dual-institution trialAdam C Berger
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Pancreas, Biliary and Related Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Surg 208:738-47; discussion 747-9. 2009b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is one of the most common complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy. There have been no large prospective randomized trials evaluating PF rates comparing invagination versus duct to mucosa pancreaticojejunostomy...
- Measurement of pancreatic fat by magnetic resonance imaging: predicting the occurrence of pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomySeung Eun Lee
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 251:932-6. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine whether patients who develop a pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomy are more likely to have higher pancreatic fat levels than matched controls and if so, to investigate whether ..
- Conservative management of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy with pancreaticogastrostomyNicolas Munoz-Bongrand
Department of Digestive Surgery, Hopital Beaujon, AP HP, University Paris VII, Clichy, France
J Am Coll Surg 199:198-203. 2004b>Pancreatic fistula (PF), which is a major complication of pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD), can be treated conservatively or by reoperation...
- A simple scoring system based on clinical factors related to pancreatic texture predicts postoperative pancreatic fistula preoperativelyUlrich Friedrich Wellner
Department of General and Visceral Surgery Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
HPB (Oxford) 12:696-702. 2010Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is regarded as the most serious complication of pancreatic surgery. The preoperative risk stratification of patients by simple means is of interest in perioperative clinical management.
- Risk factors of pancreatic fistula and delayed gastric emptying after pancreaticoduodenectomy with pancreaticogastrostomyEmilie Lermite
Department of Digestive Surgery, University Hospital, Angers, France
J Am Coll Surg 204:588-96. 2007b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) and delayed gastric emptying (DGE) are, respectively, the most frightening and most frequent complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Accumulation of excess visceral fat is a risk factor for pancreatic fistula formation after total gastrectomyKoji Tanaka
Department of Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1520-5. 2009..The degree of abdominal fat increases the technical difficulty of abdominal surgery. This study examined the effect of visceral fat on total gastrectomy and risk factors associated with the formation of pancreatic fistula.
- Endoscopic sealing of pancreatic fistula by using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylateStefan Seewald
Department of Interdisciplinary Endoscopy, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 59:463-70. 2004The treatment of pancreatic fistula can be difficult. A novel endoscopic approach to sealing pancreatic fistulas by using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate is described.
- Laparoscopic left pancreatectomy: complication risk score correlates with morbidity and risk for pancreatic fistulaSharon M Weber
Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, H4 752 Clinical Science Center, University of Wisconsin Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2825-33. 2009..Surgeons are performing laparoscopic left pancreatectomy (LLP) with increasing frequency; however, determinants of perioperative outcome after LLP are not well defined. We evaluated factors contributing to morbidity after LLP...
- An evidence-based approach to the surgical management of resectable pancreatic adenocarcinomaAlexander Stojadinovic
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 196:954-64. 2003..We conducted a comprehensive review of prospective randomized clinical trials and summarized the contemporary treatment of resectable pancreatic carcinoma...
- A comparison of pancreaticogastrostomy and pancreaticojejunostomy following pancreaticoduodenectomyGerard V Aranha
Department of Surgery and Oncology Institute, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:672-82. 2003..0, P = 0.018). However, the pancreatic fistula rate was not different between the two groups (12% [PG] vs. 14% [PJ])...
- Roux-en-Y drainage of the pancreatic stump decreases pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatic resectionM Wagner
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Murtenstr, CH 3010, Bern, Switzerland
J Gastrointest Surg 11:303-8. 2007..Patient demographics, hospital stay, pancreatic fistula incidence (> or =30 ml amylase-rich fluid/day on/after postoperative day 10), perioperative morbidity, and ..
- Left-sided pancreatectomy: a multicenter comparison of laparoscopic and open approachesDavid A Kooby
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365C Clifton Rd, NE, 2nd Floor, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann Surg 248:438-46. 2008..To compare perioperative outcomes of laparoscopic left-sided pancreatectomy (LLP) with traditional open left-sided pancreatectomy (OLP) in a multicenter experience...
- Management of complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy in a high volume centre: results on 150 consecutive patientsC Bassi
Surgical and Gastroenterological Department, Endocrine and Pancreatic Unit, University of Verona, Hospital G B Rossi, Verona, Italy
Dig Surg 18:453-7; discussion 458. 2001..The continued high morbidity of PDs is compensated by the ability to treat complications non-operatively, resulting in a surgical risk that should now be considered medium to low in high volume centres...
- Risk factors and outcomes in postpancreaticoduodenectomy pancreaticocutaneous fistulaJohn W Lin
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287 4606, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 8:951-9. 2004..Choice of anastomotic technique did not correlate with fistula rates. Pancreaticocutaneous fistula increases postoperative length of stay and morbidity but was not directly associated with increased postoperative mortality...
- Reduced postoperative pancreatic fistula rate after pancreatogastrostomy versus pancreaticojejunostomyU Wellner
Department of Surgery, Chirurgische Universitätsklinik Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 13:745-51. 2009..studies employing various definitions of pancreatic fistulas demonstrated a reduced postoperative pancreatic fistula rate after pancreatogastrostomy versus pancreaticojejunostomy...
- Management and outcomes of postpancreatectomy fistula, leak, and abscess: results of 908 patients resected at a single institution between 2000 and 2005Yael Vin
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:490-8. 2008..Anastomotic fistula, leak, and abscess are common complications of pancreatectomy. The goal of this study was to describe our current management and outcomes of clinically significant postpancreatectomy fistula, leak, and abscess...
- Measures to prevent pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomy: a comprehensive reviewEric C H Lai
Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Arch Surg 144:1074-80. 2009To review the current evidence on the efficacy of various interventions directed toward prevention of pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomy.
- Risk prediction for development of pancreatic fistula using the ISGPF classification schemeWande B Pratt
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, ST 9, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
World J Surg 32:419-28. 2008The International Study Group on Pancreatic Fistula (ISGPF) classification scheme has become a useful system for characterizing the clinical impact of pancreatic fistula...
- Prevention of pancreatic anastomotic leakage after pancreaticoduodenectomyRonnie Tung Ping Poon
Department of Surgery, Centre for Study of Liver Disease, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Rd, Hong Kong, China
Am J Surg 183:42-52. 2002..Over the past decade, various measures directed towards prevention of pancreatic leakage have been studied. This article reviews the available data on the efficacy of these measures...
- Critical appraisal of 232 consecutive distal pancreatectomies with emphasis on risk factors, outcome, and management of the postoperative pancreatic fistula: a 21-year experience at a single institutionBrian K P Goh
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Arch Surg 143:956-65. 2008To critically analyze a large single-institution experience with distal pancreatectomy (DP), with particular attention to the risk factors, outcome, and management of the postoperative pancreatic fistula (PF).
- Pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy: predictive risk factors and value of conservative treatmentVirginie Pannegeon
Department of Digestive Surgery, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hospital Beaujon, University of Paris VII, Clichy, France
Arch Surg 141:1071-6; discussion 1076. 2006Predictive factors of pancreatic fistula (PF) and the value of conservative management of PF following distal pancreatectomy (DP) are poorly known.
- Effect of TachoSil patch in prevention of postoperative pancreatic fistulaIrina Pavlik Marangos
The Interventional Centre, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, 0027, Oslo, Norway
J Gastrointest Surg 15:1625-9. 2011Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is a severe complication after pancreatic resections...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided transmural drainage for pancreatic fistula or pancreatic duct dilation after pancreatic surgeryManabu Onodera
Department of Gastroenterology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Surg Endosc 26:1710-7. 2012..Several studies have reported the use of EUS-guided drainage for pancreatic fistula and stasis of pancreatic juice caused by stricture of the pancreatic duct after pancreatic resection.
- Preoperative CT scan helps to predict the occurrence of severe pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomyHadrien Tranchart
Department of Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif PMAD, AP HP, Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Ann Surg 256:139-45. 2012To assess the influence of body fat distribution, estimated by a preoperative computed tomographic (CT) scan, on pancreatic fistula (PF) risk after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD).
- [A case of pancreaticoportal fistula associated with acute severe pancreatitis]Young Sun Yeo
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 46:485-8. 2005..Pancreaticoportal fistula was diagnosed by endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. He recovered after distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy and supportive care...
- Defining treatment and outcomes of hepaticojejunostomy failure following pancreaticoduodenectomyRichard A Burkhart
Department of Surgery, Jefferson Pancreas, Biliary and Related Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 17:451-60. 2013..Hepatogastroenterology 50:254-257, 12)...
- Clinical and economic consequences of pancreatic fistula after elective pancreatic resectionFilip Cecka
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital Hradec Kralove, Sokolska 581, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:533-9. 2013Postoperative pancreatic fistula is the main cause of morbidity after pancreatic resection. This study aimed to quantify the clinical and economic consequences of pancreatic fistula in a medium-volume pancreatic surgery center.
- A jejunal wall-covering method following central pancreatectomy for prevention of a pancreatic fistula: a novel techniqueTamotsu Kurohi
Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:1478-9. 2008..The authors' new surgical technique, a jejunal wall-covering method, helps to prevent pancreatic leakage following central pancreatectomy...
- Body mass index and outcomes from pancreatic resection: a review and meta-analysisAndrew M Ramsey
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 15:1633-42. 2011..However, BMI's impact on many complications following pancreatectomy remains controversial...
- Gastric wall-covering method prevents pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomyTamotsu Kuroki
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 56:877-80. 2009b>Pancreatic fistula is the most common complication after distal pancreatectomy. The aim of this study was to evaluate retrospectively the usefulness of a new surgical technique, the gastric wall-covering method, after distal pancreatectomy...
- Spontaneous pancreatic pseudocyst-portal vein fistula presenting with pancreatic ascites: strength of MR cholangiopancreatographyS E Yoon
Department of Radiology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, 344 2 Sinyongdong, Iksan, Jeonbuk 570 711, Korea
Br J Radiol 81:e13-6. 2008....
- Risk factors for clinical pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy: analysis of consecutive 100 patientsRyuji Yoshioka
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
World J Surg 34:121-5. 2010..However, morbidity remains high, ranging from 32% to 57%. Pancreatic fistula (PF) is the most common complication after DP...
- Preoperative endoscopic pancreatic stenting for prophylaxis of pancreatic fistula development after distal pancreatectomyNobutsugu Abe
Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Am J Surg 191:198-200. 2006b>Pancreatic fistula is a common complication of distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Endoscopic pancreatic sphincterotomy and stenting for preoperative prophylaxis of pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomyBernhard Rieder
II Medical Department, Klinikum Memmingen, Memmingen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 72:536-42. 2010b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is the most common postoperative complication after distal pancreatectomy (DP). Endoscopic pancreatic sphincterotomy and drainage have been shown to be an effective treatment for PF...
- Delayed gastric emptying after pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy: validation of International Study Group of Pancreatic Surgery classification and analysis of risk factorsGiuseppe Malleo
Department of Surgery, General Surgery B Unit, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
HPB (Oxford) 12:610-8. 2010....
- Proposal for definition and severity grading of pancreatic anastomosis failure and pancreatic occlusion failureSteven M Strasberg
Section of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Washington University in St Louis, MO, USA
Surgery 141:420-6. 2007
- Risk factors for pancreatic fistula after stapled gland transectionPreeti D Subhedar
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am Surg 77:965-70. 2011The objective of this study was to identify risk factors for pancreatic fistula (PF) after stapled transection in distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of somatostatin analogues for the treatment of pancreatic fistulaS L Gans
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 99:754-60. 2012Somatostatin analogues are used for the treatment of pancreatic fistula, with the aim of achieving fistula closure or reduction of output.
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging to predict pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomyTamotsu Kurohi
Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Science, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 57:1539-42. 2010..This study hopes to identify risk factors for postoperative pancreatic fistulae in patients undergoing distal pancreatectomy...
- A new simple and safe technique of end-to-end invaginated pancreaticojejunostomy with transpancreatic U-sutures--early postoperative outcomes in consecutive 88 casesXiao Ping Chen
Institute of Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:739-44. 2009Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) remains a leading cause of morbidity and mortality after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Risk factors, predictors and prevention of pancreatic fistula formation after pancreatoduodenectomyTakehiro Okabayashi
Department of Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu Okocho, Nankoku, Kochi, 783 8505, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:557-63. 2007..Although the operative mortality and morbidity associated with pancreatoduodenectomy (PD) has been decreasing, pancreatic fistula remains a potentially fatal complication...
- Distal pancreatectomy: does the method of closure influence fistula formation?Maureen K Sheehan
Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Am Surg 68:264-7; discussion 267-8. 2002..b>Pancreatic fistula occurred in 14 per cent (N = 12), intra-abdominal abscess in 8 per cent (N = 7), and wound infection in 2 ..
- Meta-analysis of pancreaticojejunostomy versus pancreaticogastrostomy reconstruction after pancreaticoduodenectomy: authors' comment (Br J Surg 2006; 93: 929-936)E Dixon
Br J Surg 93:1435. 2006
- Impact of postoperative pancreatic fistula on surgical outcome--the need for a classification-driven risk managementAndreas Schmid Frymerman
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, University of Saarland, 66421 Homburg, Saar, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 14:711-8. 2010The International Study Group of Pancreatic Fistula (ISGPF) classification allows comparison of incidence and severity of postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF)...
- The gray zone between postpancreaticoduodenectomy collections and pancreatic fistulaGeorge Barreto
Department of Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Pancreas 37:422-5. 2008..There is a recent report questioning the ISGPF criteria's ability to accurately predict pancreatic anastomotic failure and outlining new criteria. We decided to validate both proposed criteria based on our experience...
- Risk factors for postoperative pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy: the significance of the ratio of the main pancreatic duct to the pancreas body as a predictor of leakageNobuhisa Akamatsu
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1981 Tsujido cho, Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama, 350 8550, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:322-8. 2010Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is a severe and frequent complication after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Application of polyethylene glycolic acid felt with fibrin sealant to prevent postoperative pancreatic fistula in pancreatic surgeryToshiya Ochiai
Division of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 6028566, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 14:884-90. 2010The purpose of this nonrandomized retrospective study was to report our new procedures using polyethylene glycolic acid (PGA) felt with fibrin sealant to prevent severe pancreatic fistula in patients undergoing pancreatic surgery.
- Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on the effectiveness of somatostatin analogues for pancreatic surgery: a Cochrane reviewRahul S Koti
Department of Surgery, Royal Free Hospital and University College School of Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
HPB (Oxford) 12:155-65. 2010..The use of synthetic analogues of somatostatin following pancreatic surgery is controversial. The aim of this meta-analysis is to determine whether prophylactic somatostatin analogues (SAs) should be used routinely in pancreatic surgery...
- Utility of CT in the diagnosis of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy in patients with soft pancreasOnorina Bruno
Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris F 75018, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:W175-80. 2009The purpose of this study was to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of routine performance of CT on postoperative day 7 in patients at high risk of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy.
- Current management of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomyGerard V Aranha
Division of Surgical Oncology, The Department of Surgery, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Surgery 140:561-8; discussion 568-9. 2006b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is a major and serious complication following pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD). The purpose of this study was to outline our management of PF after PD.
- Risk-adapted anastomosis for partial pancreaticoduodenectomy reduces the risk of pancreatic fistula: a pilot studyMarco Niedergethmann
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Mannheim, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135, Mannheim, Germany
World J Surg 34:1579-86. 2010b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is the main cause of postoperative morbidity and mortality after pancreatectomy. Two reasons for PF are a "soft" pancreatic texture and a narrow pancreatic duct (high-risk gland)...
- Distal pancreatectomy for chronic pancreatitis: risk factors for postoperative pancreatic fistulaThomas Schnelldorfer
Department of Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, P O Box 250613, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:991-7. 2007..Factors influencing the development of a pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy have not been clearly elucidated...
- Complications after pancreaticoduodenectomy: the problem of current definitionsGiovanni Butturini
Surgical and Gastroenterological Department, University of Verona, Policlinico GB Rossi, Piazzale LA Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:207-11. 2006..rates in different specialist units, particularly regarding the source of every complication, postoperative pancreatic fistula, and others such as delayed gastric emptying...
- Pancreatic islet autotransplantation with completion pancreatectomy in the management of uncontrolled pancreatic fistula after whipple resection for ampullary adenocarcinomaFaisal Alsaif
Pancreas 32:430-1. 2006
- Protection of major vessels and pancreaticogastrostomy using the falciform ligament and greater omentum for preventing pancreatic fistula in soft pancreatic texture after pancreaticoduodenectomyKenji Mimatsu
Department of Surgery, Social Insurance Yokohama Central Hospital, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 58:1782-6. 2011b>Pancreatic fistula is one of the major causes of morbidity in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy...
- Does external pancreatic duct stent decrease pancreatic fistula rate after pancreatic resection?: a meta-analysisYanming Zhou
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreato Vascular Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University, China
Pancreatology 11:362-70. 2011..The use of an external pancreatic duct stent to prevent fistula formation of pancreatic anastomosis remains a matter of debate. This study is a meta-analysis of the available evidence...
- Predictive risk factors for clinically relevant pancreatic fistula analyzed in 1,239 patients with pancreaticoduodenectomy: multicenter data collection as a project study of pancreatic surgery by the Japanese Society of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic SurgeryManabu Kawai
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:601-8. 2011It is important to predict the development of clinically relevant pancreatic fistula (grade B/C) in the early period after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD)...
- Pancreatic fistula after pancreatectomy: evolving definitions, preventive strategies and modern managementShailesh V Shrikhande
Department of GI and HPB Surgical Oncology, Ernest Borges Marg, Mumbai 400 012, India
World J Gastroenterol 14:5789-96. 2008..The present article, reviews the evolution of post resection pancreatic fistula as a concept, and discusses evolving definitions, the current preventive strategies and the management of ..
- Neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors are risk factors for pancreatic fistula after pancreatic surgeryVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Dig Surg 28:263-9. 2011Postoperative pancreatic fistula (PF) is still regarded as a major complication in pancreatic surgery...
- Pancreatogastrostomy as a salvage procedure to treat severe postoperative pancreatic fistula after pancreatoduodenectomyPhilippe Bachellier
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hopital de Hautepierre, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg Université Louis Pasteur, Avenue Moliere, 67200 Strasbourg, France
Arch Surg 143:966-70; discussion 971. 2008Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is one of the most severe surgical complications of pancreatoduodenectomy (PD) with pancreaticojejunostomy (PJ) reconstruction. Recently, POPF has been classified as grade A, B, or C...
- Risk factors associated with pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy, which technique of pancreatic stump closure is more beneficial?Marco Pericoli Ridolfini
Department of Surgical Sciences, Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:5096-100. 2007To identify risk factors related to pancreatic fistula in patients undergoing distal pancreatectomy (DP) and to determine the effectiveness of using a stapled and a sutured closed of pancreatic stump.
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition in the conservative treatment of pancreatic fistula: a randomized clinical trialStanislaw Klek
1st Department of Surgery, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Gastroenterology 141:157-63, 163.e1. 2011Postoperative pancreatic fistula is the most common and potentially life-threatening complication after pancreatic surgery...
- Transection using bipolar scissors reduces pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomyManabu Kawai
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8510, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:366-72. 2008..methods and technique for treating the surgical stump of the remnant pancreas have been reported to reduce pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomy: incidence, risk factors and managementChiow Adrian Kah Heng
Department of General Surgery, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
ANZ J Surg 80:619-23. 2010..The identification of risk factors and effective management of patients with pancreatic fistulae is important in the prevention of these complications...
- Use of a falciform ligament pedicle flap to decrease pancreatic fistula after distal pancreatectomyDustin M Walters
Department of Surgery, The University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Pancreas 40:595-9. 2011Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) remains a significant source of morbidity after distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Toward zero pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy with pancreaticogastrostomyEdoardo Rosso
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hautepierre Hospital, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Louis Pasteur University, Avenue Moliere, 67200, Strasbourg, France
Am J Surg 191:726-32; discussion 733-4. 2006Postoperative morbidity after pancreaticoduodenectomy has been associated mainly with the development of pancreatic fistula. However, postoperative complications unrelated to pancreatic fistula cannot be disregarded after ..
- Pancreatic fistula: definition and current problemsGiovanni Butturini
Surgical and Gastroenterological Department, Verona University, Verona, Italy
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:247-51. 2008Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is the most common major complication after pancreatoduodenectomy (PD) and it can lead to prolonged hospital stay, increased costs, and mortality...
- Successful management of postoperative pancreatic fistula by application of constructed S-type pancreatic stent after operation for abnormal biliary-pancreatic junctionT Ukita
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University School of Medicine, Meguro ku, Ohashi 2 17 6, Tokyo 153 8515, Japan
Endoscopy 35:253. 2003
- Pancreatogastrostomy with gastric partition after pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy versus conventional pancreatojejunostomy: a prospective randomized studyLaureano Fernandez-Cruz
ICMDM Department of Surgery, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg 248:930-8. 2008....
- Prevention of postoperative pancreatic fistula after total gastrectomyDaisuke Nobuoka
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
World J Surg 32:2261-6. 2008b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is still one of the serious complications after total gastrectomy (TG). The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors for PF after TG and to evaluate our attempts to prevent PF.
- Prediction of pancreatic fistula by amylase levels of drainage fluid on the first day after pancreatectomyMasahiko Yamaguchi
Department of Surgery, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1155-8. 2003We investigated whether it would be useful to monitor amylase levels of drainage fluid after pancreatic surgery for prediction of pancreatic fistula.
- Pancreaticogastrostomy decreased relaparotomy caused by pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy compared with pancreaticojejunostomyElie Oussoultzoglou
Centre de Chirurgie Viscerale et de Transplantation, Hôpital Universitaire de Hautepierre, Strasbourg, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Arch Surg 139:327-35. 2004..Pancreaticogastrostomy (PG) is associated with a lower relaparotomy rate following pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) than pancreaticojejunostomy (PJ)...
- Complications of pancreatic cancer resectionC M Halloran
Department of Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK
Dig Surg 19:138-46. 2002..The best way to improve outcome is to concentrate pancreatic cancer care in regional specialist centres...
- Risk factors of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a collective reviewGiovanni Ramacciato
University Sapienza, II Faculty of Medicine, Hospital Sant Andrea, Rome, Italy
Am Surg 77:257-69. 2011Postoperative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is the most frequent complication after pancreaticoduodenectomy, results in increased morbidity and mortality, and adversely affects length of stay and costs...
- Drain data to predict clinically relevant pancreatic fistulaDaniel J Moskovic
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery and Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, The Elkins Pancreas Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:472-81. 2010Post-operative pancreatic fistula (POPF) is a common and potentially devastating complication of pancreas resection. Management of this complication is important to the pancreas surgeon.
- Pancreatic fistula rate after pancreatic resection. The importance of definitionsClaudio Bassi
Surgical Science Department, Pancreatic Unit, Hospital G B Rossi, University of Verona, Italy
Dig Surg 21:54-9. 2004b>Pancreatic fistula (PF) is still regarded as a serious complication both in terms of frequency and sequelae. The incidence varies greatly in different reports because of the different definitions used...
- Amylase value in drains after pancreatic resection as predictive factor of postoperative pancreatic fistula: results of a prospective study in 137 patientsEnrico Molinari
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, University of Verona, Italy
Ann Surg 246:281-7. 2007The correlation of the amylase value in drains (AVD) with the development of pancreatic fistula (PF) is still unclear.
- Postoperative pancreatic fistula following surgery for gastric and pancreatic neoplasm; is distal pancreaticosplenectomy truly safe?Takehiro Okabayashi
Department of Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:233-6. 2005A pancreatic fistula is a potentially fatal complication in digestive tract surgery. The aim of this study was to review the prevention and treatment of pancreatic fistula as performed by our department.
- Percutaneous transfistulous pancreatic duct drainage and interventional pancreatojejunostomy as a treatment option for intractable pancreatic fistulaMasahiko Hirota
Department of Surgery, Kumamoto Regional Medical Center, Kumamoto City, Japan
Am J Surg 196:280-4. 2008We present 2 techniques for treatment of intractable pancreatic fistula: percutaneous transfistulous pancreatic duct drainage and interventional pancreatojejunostomy...
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Somatostatin Receptors in Pancreatic CancerWilliam Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since somatostatin expression has been demonstrated in other tumor types, the findings may also be relevant to other cancers. ..
- INJURY TO LIVER SINUSOIDAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLSSteven Strasberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potentially beneficial improvements in preservation solutions are identified they will be tested in whole isolated livers and by transplantation in the rat. ..