Genomes and Genes
digestive system neoplasms
Summary: Tumors or cancer of the DIGESTIVE SYSTEM.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- [Standards, Options and Recommendations for the use of PET-FDG in cancerology. Results in digestive system neoplasms]Patrick Bourguet
Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes
Bull Cancer 90:S56-66. 2003
- A genetic polymorphism of CYP2C19 is associated with susceptibility to biliary tract cancerYoshihiro Isomura
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:1045-52. 2010..Cell lines of various gastroenterological cancers were screened in the first phase. A clinical investigation was then conducted to confirm the association with the candidate cancer in the second phase...
- Management of distal malignant biliary obstruction with the ComVi stent, a new covered metallic stentHiroyuki Isayama
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Endosc 24:131-7. 2010..This covered metallic stent consists of an e-PTFE membrane sandwiched between two uncovered metallic stents with weak axial (straightening) force. Wire is exposed on both the inner and outer surfaces...
- TNM staging of foregut (neuro)endocrine tumors: a consensus proposal including a grading systemG Rindi
Dipartimento di Patologia e, Medicina di Laboratorio, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Parma, Via Gramsci, 14, 43100, Parma, Italy, and Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Virchows Arch 449:395-401. 2006..This proposal, which needs to be validated, is meant to help clinicians in the stratification, treatment, and follow-up of patients...
- Pathogenetic mechanisms of upper aerodigestive tract cancer in alcoholicsHelmut K Seitz
Laboratory of Alcohol Research, Liver Disease and Nutrition and Department of Medicine, Salem Medical Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 108:483-7. 2004
- Predictive factors for pancreatitis and cholecystitis in endoscopic covered metal stenting for distal malignant biliary obstructionShuya Shimizu
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:68-72. 2013..We aimed to clarify predictive factors for pancreatitis and cholecystitis after covered SEMS placement...
- First reported case of esophageal paraganglioma. A review of the literature of gastrointestinal tract paraganglioma including gangliocytic paragangliomaK Harries
Departments of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Radiology and Pathology, Singleton Hospital, Swansea, UK
Dis Esophagus 17:191-5. 2004..There has been no benefit seen from radiotherapy or chemotherapy to date and it is recommended that all of these tumors are widely excised together with a lymph node resection if possible...
- [Validation of surrogate endpoints in digestive oncology]N Methy
Fédération Francophone de Cancérologie Digestive, INSERM U866, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Bull Cancer 96:591-5. 2009..To date, in digestive oncology, only progression-free survival for the treatment of advanced colon cancers and disease-free survival in the adjuvant setting have been validated as surrogate endpoints for overall survival...
- Consensus report on the use of somatostatin analogs for the management of neuroendocrine tumors of the gastroenteropancreatic systemK Oberg
Department of Endocrine Oncology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Ann Oncol 15:966-73. 2004..We compare the efficacy of octreotide and lanreotide in reducing diarrhea and flushing. Side-effects are described and we provide practical information on somatostatin analog treatment...
- Six hundred fifty consecutive pancreaticoduodenectomies in the 1990s: pathology, complications, and outcomesC J Yeo
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 4606, USA
Ann Surg 226:248-57; discussion 257-60. 1997..The authors reviewed the pathology, complications, and outcomes in a consecutive group of 650 patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy in the 1990s...
- The molecular genetics of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsMichelle N Zikusoka
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8062, USA
Cancer 104:2292-309. 2005..On the basis of the evolution of genetic information, enteric neuroendocrine lesions (carcinoids) and PETs may need to be classified as two distinct entities rather than grouped together as the single entity "GEP-NETs."..
- Gastrinomas associated with MEN-1 syndrome: new insights for the diagnosis and management in a series of 11 patientsGeorge C Nikou
Section of Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrinology, First Department of Propaedeutic Internal Medicine, Athens University Medical School, Laiko Hospital, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1668-76. 2005..Among 33 pts with ZES, we present in this study 11 pts with ZES and MEN-1 syndrome, describing our diagnostic and therapeutic approach...
- Staging and follow-up of gastrointestinal tumors with PET/CTS J Rosenbaum
Clinic for Nuclear Medicine, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Abdom Imaging 31:25-35. 2006..PET/CT was introduced into clinical use only 3 years ago and has found widespread application within only 1 to 2 years. This article summarizes preliminary data of clinical applications for PET/CT in gastrointestinal tumors...
- [Ultrasonic endoscopy]Aldo Azael Garza Galindo
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Facultad de Medicina, Hospital Universitario Dr Jose E Gonzalez, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 25:272-8. 2005..The article reviews the currently accepted indications by the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy...
- EUS-guided Trucut biopsyMichael J Levy
Developmental Endoscopy Unit, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:417-26. 2005
- Percutaneous biliary metal wall stenting in malignant obstructive jaundiceAdrian A Indar
Section of Surgery, University Hospital Nottingham NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:915-9. 2003..Most patients with advanced stage malignant obstructive jaundice will be suitable for palliation only. Metallic stents are safe, effective and minimally invasive...
- [A case-control study on drinking green tea and decreasing risk of cancers in the alimentary canal among cigarette smokers and alcohol drinkers]Li Na Mu
School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 24:192-5. 2003..To explore the role of green tea in decreasing the risks of gastric cancer, liver cancer, esophageal cancer among alcohol drinkers or cigarette smokers...
- High incidence of colic anastomotic leakage complicating upper abdominal en bloc evisceration for cancer: a 47-patient seriesV Moutardier
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 bd de Sainte Marguerite Marseille, France
Hepatogastroenterology 50:357-61. 2003..The purpose of this study was to analyze the early outcome of en bloc extended resection for upper abdominal locally advanced cancer...
- One-step palliative treatment method for obstructive jaundice caused by unresectable malignancies by percutaneous transhepatic insertion of an expandable metallic stentHiroshi Yoshida
Department of Surgery 1, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:2423-6. 2006..To describe a simple one-step method involving percutaneous transhepatic insertion of an expandable metal stent (EMS) used in the treatment of obstructive jaundice caused by unresectable malignancies...
- [Second tumours in patients with malignant neoplasms of the digestive apparatus. A retrospective study on 2406 cases]Francesco Minni
Istituto di I Clinica Chirurgica, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Anestesiologiche, Universita di Bologna
Ann Ital Chir 76:467-72. 2005..M.M.P) of the II type (Möertel classification), such as different organs or tissues based second tumors; it also analyses overall incidence, sites, lesion number, latency period, and main association in our series...
- Untreatable pain resulting from abdominal cancer: new hope from biophysics?Giuseppe Marineo
Delta Research and Development, Research Center for Medical Bioengineering, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
JOP 4:1-10. 2003..Visceral pain characterizing pancreatic cancer is the most difficult symptom of the disease to control and can significantly impair the quality of life which remains and increase the demand for euthanasia...
- Multiple effects of somatostatin analogs verified in three cases of metastasized neuroendocrine tumors of the gastroenteropancreatic systemGiancarlo Biliotti
Unit of Surgery, University of Florence, Italy
Tumori 92:170-4. 2006..In this study the authors, based on their own experience, evaluate the effectiveness of SST analogs in treating GEP endocrine tumors...
- Endoscopic ultrasonographyA Das
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Endoscopy 36:17-22. 2004....
- Trends in the management and survival of digestive tract cancers among patients aged over 80 yearsA M Bouvier
Faculte de Medecine, Registre des cancers digestifs de la Côte d Or, EMI INSERM 0106, Dijon Cedex, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:233-41. 2005..Advances have occurred in the management of digestive tract cancers, but it is not known how much they have benefited the elderly...
- Treatment of advanced digestive non-colon cancer with a weekly 24-h infusion of high-dose 5-fluorouracil modulated by folinic acid and cisplatin: an easy-to-use and well-tolerated combinationT Delaunoit
Gastroenterology Unit, Institut Jules Bordet, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Anticancer Drugs 15:725-8. 2004..Toxicity is manageable and allows chemotherapy on an outpatient basis without hydration program as required when cisplatin is used at the dose of 50 mg/m2...
- Upper gastrointestinal tract cancers: oesophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder and biliary ducts, pancreasStefano Ferretti
Registro Tumori della Provincia di Ferrara, Centro universitario di ricerche e servizi, Dipartimento di medicina spernmentale e diagnostica, Universita di Ferrara, Sezione di Anatomia, Istologia e Citologia Patologica, Fenrara
Epidemiol Prev 28:34-42. 2004..Pancreas cancer (13300 cases and 12937 deaths) presented increasing incidence in both sexes with stable mortality rates...
- [Treatment of malignant tumor with Shenqi Fuzheng injection combined with chemotherapy: a report of 48 cases]Cheng Xiang Sun
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 2:270, 305. 2004
- [Is oncological surgery contraindicated in the older patient?]A Hellinger
Klinik für Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie, Klinikum Fulda gAG
MMW Fortschr Med 146:22-4. 2004..An increase in the rate of complications, however, has been observed for palliative interventions in colorectal cancer patients. In particular cardiovascular risk factors play a major role in the over-70-year-olds...
- Regional, disease specific patterns of smoking-attributable mortality in 2000M Ezzati
Harvard School of Public Health, Population and International Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Tob Control 13:388-95. 2004..Mortality attributable to smoking in the year 2000 was estimated for adult males and females, including estimates by age and for specific diseases in 14 epidemiological subregions of the world...
- Tobacco attributable deaths in South AfricaF Sitas
National Health Laboratory Service, and Witwatersrand University, South Africa
Tob Control 13:396-9. 2004..In mid 1998, a question "Was the deceased a smoker five years ago?" was introduced on the newly revised South African death notification form...
- Socioeconomic inequalities in alcohol related cancer mortality among men: to what extent do they differ between Western European populations?Gwenn Menvielle
Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 121:649-55. 2007..This study suggests that alcohol use substantially influences socioeconomic inequalities in male cancer mortality in France, Spain and Switzerland but not in the Nordic countries and nor in Belgium...
- p62 Expression in primary carcinomas of the digestive systemHong Liu Qian
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Xiamen University, 168 Daxue road, Xiamen 361005, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:1788-92. 2005..To characterize p62 expression and define the relationship between p62 expression and cell proliferation in primary carcinomas of the digestive system...
- Laparoscopic staging of gastrointestinal tumoursJ M Schiappa
G Chir 24:389-92. 2003
- Incidence and management of malignant digestive endocrine tumours in a well defined French populationC Lepage
Faculte de Medecine, Registre Bourguignon des Cancers Digestifs, INSERM EPI 0106, Dijon, France
Gut 53:549-53. 2004..Little is known about the epidemiology of malignant digestive endocrine tumours. The aim of this study was to report on their incidence and management in a well defined population...
- The diversity expression of p62 in digestive system cancersYouxin Su
School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, P R China
Clin Immunol 116:118-23. 2005..Moreover, p62 autoantibody is a significant marker for the prognosis of cancers and the evaluation of clinical treatments...
- Present and future of endoscopic ultrasonographyP Fusaroli
University of Bologna, Imola, AUSL, Castel S Pietro Terme Hospital BO, Viale Oriani 1, Castel S Pietro Terme, Bologna 1 40024, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:142-52. 2005..The purpose of this review, after summarising the present indications of endoscopic ultrasonography, is to focus on the future applications and try to establish their possible advent, either in the near or in the far future...
- [Expression of MLRQ subunit gene of NADH oxidoreductase and its clinical significance in malignant tumors of digestive system]Tao Wang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:590-2. 2005..To study the differential expression and possible role of MLRQ subunit gene of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide reduced (NADH) oxidoreductase in malignant tumors of digestive system...
- [Biomarkers for neoplasmas in digestive organs]Yoshiaki Iwasaki
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 31:1015-20. 2004..Recent molecular biological analysis may be used as effective biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis, therapy, and risk assessment of digestive cancer...
- Aspects of digestive tract tumors in Down syndrome: a literature reviewDaniel Satgé
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Centre Hospitalier, 19 000, Tulle, France
Dig Dis Sci 51:2053-61. 2006..This review may allow a more specific, adapted medical follow-up for persons with Down syndrome and could help to elucidate the oncogenesis of digestive neoplasms...
- Second neoplasms after oesophageal cancerFabio Levi
Unité d épidémiologie du cancer, Institut Universitaire de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, Universite de Lausanne, Bugnon 17, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 121:694-7. 2007..The absence of rise in incidence with age is also compatible with the existence of a subset of the population of susceptible individuals...
- Role of 18F-dopa PET/CT imaging in the management of patients with 111In-pentetreotide negative GEP tumoursValentina Ambrosini
Unità Operativa di Medicina Nucleare, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 28:473-7. 2007....
- Digestive neuroendocrine tumours: diagnosis and treatment in Italy. A survey by the Oncology Study Section of the Italian Society of Gastroenterology (SIGE)V D Corleto
Chair of Gastroenterology, II Faculty of Medicine, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:217-21. 2001..Surgery plays a major role in the treatment of these tumours in all centres. Overall, in only a small number of patients was a multidisciplinary approach applied...
- Neutrophil elastase inhibitor (sivelestat) preserves antitumor immunity and reduces the inflammatory mediators associated with major surgeryShintaro Akamoto
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kita, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Surg Today 37:359-65. 2007..To examine the effects of the administration of perioperative sivelestat, a selective neutrophil elastase inhibitor, on tumor immunity and inflammatory mediators in patients who undergo major surgery...
- [Intra-operative radiation therapy in tumors of the digestive tract]J B Dubois
, CRLC Val-d'Aurelle, 34298 Montpellier Cedex 5
Bull Cancer 88:155-62. 2001..As means for better control of systemic disease are discovered, the clear benefits of local control via IORT will assume increased importance...
- [Tobacco smoking and multiple primary cancers]Zygmunt Chodorowski
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Geriatrii i Toksykologii Klinicznej, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Przegl Lek 64:374-5. 2007..1) years. Smoking rate was 80.3% at diagnosis of the second cancer and only 10 patients (13.1%) quit smoking when first cancer was recognized. The results of the research indicate the necessity of conducting wide prophylactic actions...
- [Gemcitabine and digestive carcinomas]Pierre Blanchard
service d oncologie radiothérapie, Hopital Tenon, Paris
Bull Cancer 94:S104-15. 2007..The aim of this review is to describe the trials that have contributed to determine gemcitabine's infusion modalities in pancreatic cancer. We will then present the studies that have been carried out in other digestive cancers...
- [Frontiers in interventional endoscopy]Erwan Bories
Unité d exploration médicochirurgicale oncologique, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232, Bd Sainte Marguerite, 13009 Marseille, France
Bull Cancer 94:1091-8. 2007....
- [News in digestive oncology]Pierre Michel
Unité d oncologie urodigestive, Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Universitaire, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Bull Cancer 95:117-20. 2008..Lastly, the first effective medical treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma has been presented...
- Primary extramedullary plasmacytoma: similarities with and differences from multiple myeloma revealed by interphase cytogeneticsKarin Bink
Institutes of Pathology, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Haematologica 93:623-6. 2008..However, the distribution of IGH translocation partners, with the notable absence of t(11;14), is different. Key words: extramedullary plasmacytoma, multiple myeloma, cytogenetics, IGH translocation, fluorescence in situ hybridization...
- [Endoscopic ultrasonography in patients suspected of neuroendocrine tumours]Alan Patrick Ainsworth
Odense Universitetshospital, Kirurgisk Afdeling A, Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 170:1938-40. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic yield of EUS in patients suspected of neuroendocrine tumours (NETs)...
- CD133/prominin-1 is a potential therapeutic target for antibody-drug conjugates in hepatocellular and gastric cancersL M Smith
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive Southeast, Bothell, WA 98021, USA
Br J Cancer 99:100-9. 2008..Anti-CD133-drug conjugate treatment resulted in significant delay of Hep3B tumour growth in SCID mice. Anti-CD133 antibody-drug conjugates warrant further evaluation as a therapeutic strategy to eradicate CD133+ tumours...
- [Endoscopic ultrasonography in patients with suspected neuroendocrine tumors]Ulrich Knigge
Ugeskr Laeger 170:2469; author reply 2471. 2008
- Induction of apoptosis in neuroendocrine tumors of the digestive system during treatment with somatostatin analogsH Imam
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 36:607-14. 1997..We also found that an increase in AI during high-dose somatostatin analog treatment was correlated with the biochemical response, but not with the tumor size as detected by CT in patients or with the tumor mass in the experimental model...
- [Recommendations for clinical practice: use of TEP-FDG in cancer of the esophagus, stomach, colon and rectum, anal canal, large intestine, pancreas and bile ducts, liver and endocrine tumors (digestive system)]Patrick Bourguet
Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes
Bull Cancer 94:212-8. 2007
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: a clinicopathologic study of 12 cases and review of the literatureSomboon Keelawat
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 23:160-8. 2002..To further comprehend its natural history, the clinical and pathological features of 12 new cases were reviewed and analyzed collectively with those described in the English literature...
- Marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers: results of a population-based case-control studyMia Hashibe
IARC, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1829-34. 2006..We conducted a population-based case-control study of the association between marijuana use and the risk of lung and upper aerodigestive tract cancers in Los Angeles...
- Significance of tenascin-C, fibronectin, laminin, collagen IV, alpha5beta1 and alpha9beta1 integrins and fibrotic capsule formation around liver metastases originating from cancers of the digestive tractM V Gulubova
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Medical Faculty, Trakia University, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Neoplasma 53:372-83. 2006..The results indicate that fibrotic capsule formation is associated with longer survival after surgery. The appearance of tenascin-C and of its receptor at the periphery of liver metastases could be used as a sign of invasiveness...
- A retrospective analysis of the use of brachytherapy in relation to early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx and its relationship to second primary respiratory and upper digestive tract cancersM Kishino
Department of Radiology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Hospital, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Radiol 80:121-5. 2007..We concluded that our treatment policy of brachytherapy with or without external irradiation for patients with early stage SCO was effective and acceptable from the standpoint of tumour control and post-treatment QOL...
- [Congress of the American Society of Clinical Oncology]T Andre
Service d Oncologie Medicale, Hôpital TENON Paris, France
J Chir (Paris) 139:300-3. 2002
- The rate of false-positive results with EUS-guided fine-needle aspirationDavid A Schwartz
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:868-72. 2002..The aims of this study were to determine the rate of false-positive diagnosis with EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration and to identify factors contributing to this type of error...
- Experience of endoscopic ultrasound in an Australian tertiary hospitalAndrius V Kalade
Department of Gastroenterology, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 76:1075-80. 2006..There is minimal prospective data on endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) experience in Australia. This study aimed to review the recent EUS experience of a single Australian tertiary hospital...
- You get what you expect? A critical appraisal of imaging methodology in endosonographic cancer stagingA Meining
Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Gut 50:599-603. 2002..Using the example of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), this study aimed to elucidate one of the factors possibly concerned--namely, the extent to which the examiners are adequately blinded...
- Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of non-pancreatic lesions: an institutional experienceDipti Anand
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Pathol 60:1254-62. 2007..In recent years EUS-FNA has also been used to diagnose lesions of non-pancreatic sites such as structures in close proximity to the gut wall within the mediastinum, abdomen, pelvis and retro-peritoneum...
- Risk of second cancers in patients with colorectal carcinoidsDavid S Tichansky
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:91-7. 2002..However, this risk has not been conclusively documented. A comprehensive evaluation is needed to more thoroughly assess the risk of second cancers in patients with colorectal carcinoids...
- [Proposal for a TNM classification of digestive (neuro)endocrine tumors: recommendations of the European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (2006)]Anne Couvelard
Ann Pathol 26:413-7. 2006
- [Role of interventional radiography in the treatment of the hepato-pancreato-duodenal area, complicated by obstructive jaundice]A A Polikarpov
Central Research Institute of Roentgeno Radiology, the Ministry of Health of the RF, St Petersburg
Vopr Onkol 48:238-43. 2002..Survival in patients with hepatopancreatobiliary cancer doubled after chemoinfusion or chemoembolization, without grave complications or lethality...
- Updated mortality study of workers at a petroleum refinery in Torrance, California, 1959 to 1997O Wong
Applied Health Sciences, Inc, 181 Second Avenue, Suite 628, San Mateo, CA 94401, USA
J Occup Environ Med 43:1089-102. 2001..Potential limitations of the study are also discussed...
- [The program for early diagnosis of the upper respiratory tract and digestive system neoplasms offered to alcoholics in the region of Friuli-Venice Giulia]S Barra
Servizio di Epidemiologia e Direzione Sanitaria, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 12:337-44. 1992....
- Epidemiologic evidence of cancer risk in textile industry workers: a review and updateGiuseppe Mastrangelo
Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, Section of Occupational Medicine, University of Padua, Italy
Toxicol Ind Health 18:171-81. 2002..The reduction of cases of upper respiratory tract cancer parallels with a corresponding increase of lung cancer cases. So, preventive measures have paradoxically increased the lung cancer burden to the textile workers...
- Investigation of the incidence of pancreatic cancer-related depression and its relationship with the quality of life of patientsLin Jia
Department of Gastroenterology, Guangzhou First Municipal People s Hospital Affiliated to Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
Digestion 82:4-9. 2010..To investigate the incidence of pancreatic cancer-related depression and the relationship between symptoms of depression and the quality of life (QoL) of patients...
- Cancer of the digestive system in Circumpolar InuitH H Storm
Danish Cancer Registry, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 35:553-70. 1996..Dietary habits, alcohol and tobacco consumption are believed to play an important role in most of the observed cancer patterns, but for liver cancer hepatitis B virus infection is also believed to have a causal role...
- [Primary lymphoma of the small intestine]Berislav Vekić
Klinika za hirurgiju, KBC Dr Dragisa Misovic, 11040 Beograd, Heroja Milana Tepica 1
Med Pregl 56:89-91. 2003Small bowel neoplasms are relatively rare, considering digestive system neoplasms. The aim of this case report was to point to clinical manifestations, significance and treatment patterns of small bowel lymphomas.
- Aged garlic extract prevents a decline of NK cell number and activity in patients with advanced cancerHideki Ishikawa
Department of Molecular Targeting Cancer Prevention and Epidemiology for Community Health and Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
J Nutr 136:816S-820S. 2006..No adverse effect was observed in either group. The study showed that administering AGE to patients with advanced cancer of the digestive system improved NK cell activity, but caused no improvement in QOL...
- [Clinical study of double primary cancer involving the lung in resected cases]H Saito
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Koseiren Takaoka Hospital, Takaoka, Japan
Kyobu Geka 55:187-9; discussion 190-2. 2002..In more than half of initial cancer, the second primary cancer was detected by symptoms. So, special attention to the possibility of double primary cancer in patients with resected lung cancer is necessary for improvement of prognosis...
- Fate of patients with obstructive jaundiceEinar Bjornsson
Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Hosp Med 3:117-23. 2008..Systematic data are limited on the etiology and prognosis of unselected patients with obstructive jaundice (OJ). We aimed to review the clinical features, etiology, and prognosis of patients with OJ...
- Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for cancer prevention: an international consensus statementJack Cuzick
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics, and Statistics, Queen Mary University of London, London UK
Lancet Oncol 10:501-7. 2009..The main side-effect of aspirin is peptic ulcers; therefore coadministration of aspirin with a proton-pump inhibitor is an attractive option and is under investigation in the AspECT trial...
- Snare-over-the-wire technique for safe exchange of a stent following endosonography-guided biliary drainageNaotaka Fujita
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, Miyagino ku, Sendai, Japan
Dig Endosc 21:48-52. 2009..No complications were encountered. The snare-over-the-wire technique is feasible and useful in stent exchange following ESBD for the reduction of the risk of guidewire migration...
- The evaluation of spellsI N van Loon
Department of Internal Medicine, Diakonessenhuis, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 69:309-17. 2011..An overview of spells with their stereotypic phenotype in general internal medicine practice is presented in this article. Besides, a diagnostic approach is proposed for the clinical evaluation of spells...
- Alcohol consumption and digestive cancer mortality in Koreans: the Kangwha Cohort StudySang Wook Yi
1Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Gangneung, Korea
J Epidemiol 20:204-11. 2010..Alcohol consumption is a known risk factor for cancers of the mouth, esophagus, liver, colon, and breast. In this study, we examined the association between alcohol consumption and digestive cancer mortality in Korean men and women...
- [Arterial embolization of hepatic metastases from neuroendocrine tumors]M Libicher
Institut und Poliklinik für Radiologische Diagnostik, Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Koln, Deutschland
Radiologe 49:233-41. 2009..Embolization is a cost-effective procedure and is included in the treatment algorithm of international guidelines. Therefore, evaluation of new embolization therapies must be evaluated in randomized controlled studies...
- Nitrate and drinking water from private wells: will there be an epidemic of cancers of the digestive tract, urinary bladder and thyroid?G E Njeze
Department of Surgery, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Teaching Hospital, Parklane, Enugu, Nigeria
Niger J Clin Pract 17:178-82. 2014..To estimate the nitrate levels in private wells located in different parts of Enugu and discuss the future health implications following chronic ingestion of well water...
- Goblet cell carcinoids at extraappendiceal locations of gastrointestinal tract: an underrecognized diagnostic pitfallXianyong Gui
Calgary Laboratory Services, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Surg Oncol 103:790-5. 2011....
- Renal function is well maintained after use of left renal vein graft for vascular reconstruction in hepatobiliary-pancreatic surgeryTakeshi Suzuki
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 202:87-92. 2006..We used a left renal vein graft to reconstruct resected vessels in some patients. In this study, we evaluated early and late renal complications of this procedure...
- Evaluation of the reliability of chromosomal imbalances detected by combined use of universal DNA amplification and comparative genomic hybridizationT Harada
Department of Pathology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:1119-25. 2000..These findings suggest that DOP-PCR CGH is applicable for CGH analysis of tiny specimens which are too small for standard CGH. Accordingly, DOP-PCR CGH analysis may become a useful method in clinical laboratory examination...
- Introduction to endoscopic mucosal resectionK Matsuda
Department of Endoscopy, Jikei University, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 11:439-43. 2001..It is hoped that these techniques aid the reader's endoscopic practice and provide a better quality of life to patients...
- The role of echo-laparoscopy in abdominal surgery: five years' experience in a dedicated centerDomenico Piccolboni
General and Laparoscopic Surgical Department, Monaldi Hospital, Naples, Italy
Surg Endosc 22:112-7. 2008..In the last few years, with the spread of laparoscopic surgery, echo-laparoscopy (LIOUS) has gradually replaced open ultrasonography, aiming to achieve similar results...
- Surgical decision making in upper aerodigestive tract cancer patient follow-upKatherine S Virgo
Health Services Research, Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, 3635 Vista Avenue, PO Box 15250, St Louis, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Int J Oncol 21:1101-9. 2002..Knowledge of lower TNM stage practice patterns can be used to further improve predictive ability for higher stage models...
- Evaluation of a standardized protocol of intracavitary recombinant interferon alpha-2b in the palliative treatment of malignant peritoneal effusions. A prospective pilot studyS Sartori
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Servizio di Oncologia, Azienda Ospedaliera S Anna, Ferrara, Italia
Oncology 61:192-6. 2001..This prospective pilot study evaluated the efficacy of a standardized schedule of intraperitoneal interferon alpha(2b)...
- 18F-Fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the evaluation of gastrointestinal malignanciesB B Chin
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Gut 52:iv23-9. 2003..Positron emission tomography with (18)F-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose is an imaging technology that is demonstrating increasing utility in the evaluation of gastrointestinal malignancies...
- Gene-related cancer spectrum in families with hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC)Johanne Geary
Department of Medical Genetics, St George s University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
Fam Cancer 7:163-72. 2008..Breast cancer RR was 1.7 overall. The type of mutation (truncating or other type, and site of mutation) showed no obvious correlation with the presence or absence of extra-colonic cancers in families...
- Factors predicting tracer uptake in somatostatin receptor and MIBG scintigraphy of metastatic gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsSamer Ezziddin
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Nucl Med 47:223-33. 2006..This study aims to define predisposing factors of tracer uptake for both imaging principles implementing the updated tumor criteria of the current WHO classification...
- [Hiccup: review of 24 cases]Carmen Martinez Rey
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Santiago de Compostela, Espana
Rev Med Chil 135:1132-8. 2007..Although common and usually benign, hiccups can be an extremely uncomfortable disease. There is not much information about persistent and refractory hiccups...
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in the multimodality approach to upper aerodigestive tract cancerYvonne M Carter
Section of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, 2330 Post Street, Suite 920, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:1043-63. 2003..1). It is hoped that this study will commence in the upcoming year...
- Clinical outcomes of secondary stent-in-stent self-expanding metal stent placement for primary stent malfunction in malignant gastric outlet obstructionJun Chul Park
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dig Liver Dis 44:999-1005. 2012..Although a substantial number of patients require secondary stents insertion due to primary stent malfunction in malignant gastric outlet obstruction, data on the outcomes of secondary self-expanding metal stents are sparse...
- [Fletcher factor, Fitzgerald factor]Hidehiko Saito
Nagoya Medical Center
Nihon Rinsho 62:663-6. 2004
- Trends in cancer mortality, France 1950-1985C Hill
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 63:587-90. 1991....
- [Targeted therapies in digestive oncology]M L Amram
Service d Oncologie, Département de chirurgie HUG, 1211 Geneve 14
Rev Med Suisse 7:1131-2, 1134-6. 2011..Targeted therapies have a specific action site, a simple administration mode and are relatively well tolerated. In the future these molecules will probably be used "à la carte" for tumors that appear to be refractory to other drugs...
- Cathepsin D expression levels in nongynecological solid tumors: clinical and therapeutic implicationsGaetano Leto
Section of Chemotherapy, Department of Oncology, Policlinico Universitario P Giaccone, Palermo, Italy
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:91-106. 2004....
- MicroRNA-155 expression has prognostic value in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and digestive system carcinomasTong Peng Xu
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:7085-90. 2013..Data for the predictive value of microRNA-155 are inconclusive. The aim of the present analysis was therefore to evaluate the role of miR-155 in prognosis for patients with a variety of carcinomas...
- VEGF +405G/C (rs2010963) polymorphisms and digestive system cancer risk: a meta-analysisQing Guo
Department of Radiotherapy, Taizhou People s Hospital, South Hailing Road 395, Taizhou, 225300, China
Tumour Biol 35:4977-82. 2014..Furthermore, the subgroup analysis of recessive model indicates that VEGF +405G/C polymorphisms increase the risk for colorectal cancer...
- EUS-guided FNARichard A Erickson
Department of Medicine, Scott and White Clinic and Hospital, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, 2401 S 31st Street, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:267-79. 2004
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF GASTRINJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on page 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Altering Gastric Epithelial Cell DifferentiationJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of how corpus atrophy predisposes the gastric mucosa to neoplastic transformation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SURVEILLANCE METHODS FOR HEALTH CARE AND RELATED WORKERSJohn Dement; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results of the case-based surveillance effort also will have broad application to health care workers. ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF STATIN USE AND LARGE BOWEL CANCERPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. men and women are high, an inverse association would be of considerable public health importance. Moreover, it would shed light on a mechanism of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- MoAbs for the Management of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, a PAM4IL2 fusion protein will be examined for its ability to enhance tumor uptake of a subsequently administered radiolabeled PAM4 antibody. ..
- Effect of Urban Form on Exercise and BMI in Black WomenPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study has the potential to provide such evidence and to impact policy in the domains of both transportation/urban planning and public health. ..