Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diseases of the GALLBLADDER. They generally involve the impairment of BILE flow, GALLSTONES in the BILIARY TRACT, infections, neoplasms, or other diseases.
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Preoperative diagnosis and management of thick-walled gallbladder based on bile cytology obtained by endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage tubeTakao Itoi
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 64:512-9. 2006It is often difficult to distinguish gallbladder cancers (GBC) from benign gallbladder diseases, which show thickened walls.
- Learning curve of transumbilical single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILS): a preliminary study of 80 selected patients with benign gallbladder diseasesZhengjun Qiu
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, 100 Haining Road, Shanghai, 200080, People s Republic of China
World J Surg 35:2092-101. 2011..Here we report a single-center preliminary experience of transumbilical single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILC) in the treatment of benign gallbladder diseases, defining a single surgeon's learning curve.
- The learning curve of laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) cholecystectomy: definable, short, and safeJonathan Hernandez
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL 33601, USA
J Am Coll Surg 211:652-7. 2010....
- Population-based study to estimate prevalence and determine risk factors of gallbladder diseases in the rural Gangetic basin of North IndiaSayeed Unisa
Department of Mathematical Demography and Statistics, International Institute of Population Sciences, Mumbai, India
HPB (Oxford) 13:117-25. 2011A high prevalence of gallbladder diseases (GBD) in Northern India warranted a population survey into environmental risk factors.
- [Prevalence and risk factors of gallbladder polyp in adults living in Daegu and Gyeongbuk provinces]Seong Yeol Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Keimyung University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 48:344-50. 2006..Therefore, we investigated the prevalence and related risk factors of GB polyp in health screening population of Daegu and Gyeongbuk provinces...
- Current management of gall bladder perforationsSomasekhar R Menakuru
Department of Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
ANZ J Surg 74:843-6. 2004..Gall bladder perforation is a serious complication of acute cholecystitis. The purpose of the present study is to evaluate the presenting symptoms, diagnosis and management of patients with gall bladder perforations...
- Single port laparoscopic cholecystectomy: which technique, which surgeon, for which patient? A study of the implementation in a teaching hospitalD Mutter
IRCAD EITS, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091, Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:453-7. 2011..Single port cholecystectomy is increasingly performed. This procedure can be challenging, and we lack factors predicting the operative difficulty...
- Occult pancreaticobiliary reflux in gallbladder cancer and benign gallbladder diseasesMarcelo A Beltran
Department of Surgery, Hospital de Ovalle, Ovalle, Chile
J Surg Oncol 96:26-31. 2007..reports investigating the incidence of OPBR in patients operated on for the entire spectrum of benign gallbladder diseases and gallbladder cancer...
- Laparoscopic treatment for torsion of the gallbladder in a 7-year-old femaleAkihisa Matsuda
Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School Tama Nagayama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
JSLS 13:441-4. 2009..Early diagnosis and immediate laparoscopic intervention can help to achieve an excellent patient outcome...
- Differential diagnosis between benign and malignant gallbladder diseases with real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasoundXiao Hua Xie
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, The First Affiliated Hospital, Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound, Sun Yat Sen University, 58 Zhongshan Road 2, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
Eur Radiol 20:239-48. 2010The value of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in differential diagnosis between benign and malignant gallbladder diseases was investigated...
- Diffuse gallbladder wall thickening: differential diagnosisAdriaan C van Breda Vriesman
Department of Radiology, Rijnland Hospital, Simon Smitweg 1, PO Box 4220, NL 2350 CC Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:495-501. 2007..The objective of our study was to review and illustrate the various clinical entities that may cause diffuse thickening of the gallbladder wall on diagnostic imaging studies...
- Single-fulcrum laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a single-incision and multi-port techniqueSung Hoon Choi
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreas, Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
ANZ J Surg 82:529-34. 2012..This article describes our own technique, a single-fulcrum LC using only standard ports and instruments...
- Hemorrhagic cholecystitis as a likely cause of nontraumatic hemobilia in metachromatic leukodystrophy: report of a caseN Vettoretto
Clinica Chirurgica, Universita di Brescia
Ann Ital Chir 72:725-8. 2001....
- [Erosive bleeding of the cystic artery into a cholecysto-colic fistula as a rare cause of acute gastrointestinal bleeding]K Volkmer
Klinikum Bremen Nord, Allgemein, Visceral und Gefasschirurgie, Bremen, Deutschland
Zentralbl Chir 135:159-62. 2010..The CT scan showed arterial bleeding into the gallbladder. We immediately performed a laparotomy and found a cholecysto-colic fistula as the cause of the bleeding into the transverse colon...
- Gallbladder pathology in morbid obesityGeorge W Dittrick
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Obes Surg 15:238-42. 2005..Obese patients are at increased risk for biliary disease. The prevalence and type of gallbladder pathology in morbidly obese patients was evaluated, and compared with a non-obese control group...
- A current profile and assessment of north american cholecystectomy: results from the american college of surgeons national surgical quality improvement programAngela M Ingraham
Division of Research and Optimal Patient Care, American College of Surgeons, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Coll Surg 211:176-86. 2010....
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound detects gallbladder perforation in a patient with acute abdominal painPeter Michael Zechner
Department of Internal Medicine, LKH Graz West, Graz, Austria
Am J Emerg Med 30:516.e5-6. 2012..After the administration of 2.5 mL of SonoVue (Bracco, Milan, Italy), a defect of the gallbladder wall was detected. The patient underwent laparotomy, on which the diagnosis of gallbladder perforation was confirmed...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in the diagnosis of gallbladder diseaseShujiro Tsuji
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 59:336-40. 2012..The aim of our study was to evaluate the enhancement patterns of gallbladder disease using contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CE-US) with the contrast agent levovist...
- Micro-laparoscopic cholecystectomy: an alternative to single-port surgeryDenise McCormack
Department of Surgery, Danbury Hospital, 24 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT 06810, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 15:758-61. 2011..SPS has an increased level of complexity and requires a higher level of surgical skill compared to traditional laparoscopy. We explored micro-laparoscopy as an alternative to routine laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Profile of gallbladder diseases diagnosed at Afyon Kocatepe University: a retrospective studyMustafa Mazlum
Department of Pathology, Afyon Kocatepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 27:23-30. 2011..We aimed to define the profile of gallbladder diseases in our region, and to determine potential correlations between histopathologic features we observed.
- Incisional hernia rate may increase after single-port cholecystectomyHusnu Alptekin
Department of General Surgery, Selcuklu Medical School, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 22:731-7. 2012..This study evaluated single-port cholecystectomy and traditional four-port cholecystectomy with respect to perioperative outcomes, hospital cost, and postoperative complications...
- Outcomes of endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder stenting for symptomatic gallbladder diseases: a multicenter prospective follow-up studyT H Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Cheonan Hospital, Cheonan, Republic of Korea
Endoscopy 43:702-8. 2011..Our study was designed to investigate the long-term patency and clinical course after endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder stenting (ETGS) in patients with symptomatic gallbladder disease...
- Diagnosis of gallbladder diseases by contrast-enhanced phase-inversion harmonic ultrasonographyTatsuo Inoue
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:353-61. 2007..Nevertheless, contrast-enhanced US is clearly superior to the other techniques in discriminating biliary sludge from other lesions...
- Application of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with cirrhotic portal hypertensionWu Ji
Research Institute of General Surgery of PLA, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing PLA Command, Nanjing 210002, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 3:270-4. 2004Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) has been widely adopted in treating benign gallbladder diseases. Cirrhosis and cirrhotic portal hypertension (CPH) are contraindicated for LC in its early period...
- A prospective controlled trial comparing single-incision and conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy: caution before damage controlPankaj Garg
SGHS Multi specialty Hospital, Mohali, Punjab, India
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 22:220-5. 2012..To evaluate the safety and feasibility of single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILS-C) compared with conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy (CLC)...
- Effect of estrogen therapy on gallbladder diseaseDominic J Cirillo
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
JAMA 293:330-9. 2005..Estrogen therapy is thought to promote gallstone formation and cholecystitis but most data derive from observational studies rather than randomized trials...
- Gallbladder volvulus: report of two original cases and review of the literatureAlmaas A Shaikh
Department of Surgery, St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am Surg 71:87-9. 2005..We present two original cases of acute gallbladder volvulus successfully treated with cholecystectomy, as well as a review of the literature...
- Differential diagnosis of gallbladder diseases with contrast-enhanced harmonic gray scale ultrasonographyKazushi Numata
Gastroenterological Center, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Ultrasound Med 26:763-74. 2007We evaluated the usefulness of contrast-enhanced harmonic gray scale ultrasonographic findings for differential diagnosis of gallbladder diseases.
- Single-incision multiport laparoscopic cholecystectomy: things to overcomeHyung Joon Han
Department of Surgery, Korea University Guro Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arch Surg 146:68-73. 2011..To report on our initial experience with single-incision multiport laparoscopic cholecystectomy, together with its clinical outcomes...
- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: initial evaluation of a large series of patientsHomero Rivas
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8819, USA
Surg Endosc 24:1403-12. 2010..The authors have pioneered a two-trocar SILC technique at the University of Texas Southwestern. Their results for 100 patients are presented...
- From the archives of the AFIP. Benign tumors and tumorlike lesions of the gallbladder and extrahepatic bile ducts: radiologic-pathologic correlation. Armed Forces Institute of PathologyAngela D Levy
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 22:387-413. 2002..However, the differential diagnosis should include benign tumors and tumorlike lesions. The preoperative determination of a benign lesion may significantly alter therapy and patient prognosis...
- Adenomyomatosis of the gallbladder resembling honeycomb in a childMustafa Akcam
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition, Medical School, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr 167:1079-81. 2008..In conclusion, ultrasound scanning performed more generally in children presenting with recurrent abdominal pain might lead to accurate diagnosis of adenomyomotosis of the gallbladder during childhood...
- Gallbladder polyps, cholesterolosis, adenomyomatosis, and acute acalculous cholecystitisCharles C Owen
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8887, USA
Semin Gastrointest Dis 14:178-88. 2003..Most polyps are nonneoplastic and rarely cause symptoms. Cholecystectomy is advocated for polyps greater than 10 mm in size because of increased risk of adenomatous or carcinomatous features...
- Gallbladder perforation: risk factors and outcomeDimitrios Stefanidis
Department of Surgery, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
J Surg Res 131:204-8. 2006..Gallbladder perforation is difficult to diagnose and is associated with significant morbidity. This study investigates factors affecting outcome in patients with gallbladder perforation over two decades...
- Acute necrotizing torsion of the gallbladderR Kalimi
Department of Surgery, North Shore-Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 11040, USA
Am Surg 67:748-51. 2001..History peak incidence and pathophysiology are discussed, and possible risk factors are identified. We conclude that torsion of the gallbladder is a condition that has minimal clinical findings...
- Tuberculosis of the gall bladderS Banerjee
Department of Surgery, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 101:556-7. 2003..This organ is supposed not to be involved by tuberculosis due to high concentration of bile-acids in pure bile. The mode of spread in the present case remains speculative...
- [Tuberculosis of the gall bladder]K M Ruhl
Chirurgische Universitatsklinik und Poliklinik, RWTH Aachen
Chirurg 74:478-81. 2003..Since 1968, isolated tuberculosis of the gall bladder has not been reported in western civilization. This case study was done because of the rareness of the disease,and we review the literature on this topic...
- Gallbladder tuberculosis: false-positive PET diagnosis of gallbladder cancerJ M Ramia
Unidad de Cirugía Hepatobiliopancreática y Trasplante Hepático, Servicio de Cirugia General y Aparato Digestivo, Granada, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 12:6559-60. 2006..A correct preoperative diagnosis of GT is unusual, and it is frequently confused with various gallbladder diseases. We present a new case of a patient who underwent surgery with the preoperative diagnosis of gallbladder ..
- A metaanalysis of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with cirrhosisAlessandra Puggioni
University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, HI, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:921-6. 2003..Few articles address the issue of LC in patients with cirrhosis. Existing articles are retrospective and with small sample sizes, which makes it difficult to draw conclusions about indications and complications with LC in this setting...
- Laparoscopic treatment of gallbladder volvulus: a pediatric case report and literature reviewTakuya Kimura
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Nara Hospital, Kinki University School of Medicine, Nara, Japan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:330-4. 2008..The advent of laparoscopic detorsion and cholecystectomy as a treatment for gallbladder volvulus allows less invasive treatment, a shorter hospital stay, and better cosmesis, which are highly desirable in children...
- Actinomycosis of the gallbladder mimicking carcinoma: a case report with US and CT findingsYoung Han Lee
Department of Radiology, Wonju Christian Hospital, Wonju College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Wonju, Korea
Korean J Radiol 8:169-72. 2007....
- [Gallbladder tuberculosis associated with cholelithiasis]L Rouas
Rev Med Liege 58:757-60. 2003..In our case, the presence of stones associated with non specific inflammatory alterations and possibly low resistance against tubercle bacillus, is believed to have been of importance for the development of the tuberculous infection...
- Acalculous biliary pain: cholecystectomy alleviates symptoms in patients with abnormal cholescintigraphyL Yap
Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia
Gastroenterology 101:786-93. 1991....
- Cholesterol crystal morphology in acalculous gallbladder diseaseKristin Landi
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:364-6. 2003..We investigated the morphology of biliary crystals in such patients...
- Role of sonography in the diagnosis of gallbladder perforationBimal P Sood
Department of Radiodiagnosis and Imaging, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
J Clin Ultrasound 30:270-4. 2002..The purpose of this study was to highlight the role of sonography in the diagnosis of gallbladder perforation and to compare the diagnostic accuracy of sonography with that of CT...
- Clinical predictors of severe gallbladder complications in acute acalculous cholecystitisAy Jiun Wang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2821-3. 2003..To evaluate the relationship between clinical information (including age, laboratory data, and sonographic findings) and severe complications, such as gangrene, perforation, or abscess, in patients with acute acalculous cholecystitis (AAC)...
- Gallbladder torsion-induced emphysematous cholecystitis in a 16-year-old boyShogo Tanaka
Department of Surgery, Joto Central Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:608-10. 2007..Histopathologic examination revealed necrotized cholecystitis. The patient is doing well 25 months after surgery, with an uneventful postoperative course...
- Fundus-first laparoscopic cholecystectomyS Mahmud
Upper Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Service, Department of Surgery, Vale of Leven District Hospital, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, G83 OUA, UK
Surg Endosc 16:581-4. 2002....
- Hyperinsulinemia, dyslipidemia, and obesity as risk factors for hospitalized gallbladder disease. A prospective studyLori L Boland
Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454 1015, USA
Ann Epidemiol 12:131-40. 2002..Determinants of hospitalized gallbladder disease were examined in a large, population-based cohort of men and women...
- Gallbladder torsion: case reportH Aibe
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Abdom Imaging 27:51-3. 2002..The radiologic findings in our case were useful for making a preoperative diagnosis of GB torsion. We postulate the characteristic magnetic resonance findings and discuss discrepancies in the evaluations of the GB wall...
- Diagnosis and treatment of gallbladder perforationHayrullah Derici
Third Surgical Clinic of Atatürk Training and Research Hospital, 156 sok No 5 13 Bornova, Izmir 35360, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 12:7832-6. 2006..To present our clinical experience with gallbladder perforation cases...
- Cholecystectomy in Sweden 1987-99: a nationwide study of mortality and preoperative admissionsErik Nilsson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:1478-85. 2005..Information on mortality after cholecystectomy in defined populations is limited. In this study we examined the case fatality rates and mortality ratios, based on register data...
- Gallbladder volvulus: review of the literature and report of a caseOmer Ridvan Tarhan
Department of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:209-11. 2006..We report a case of gallbladder volvulus suspected pre-operatively using pre-operative imaging with ultrasound. The cases reported in the literature are reviewed and the treatment of gallbladder volvulus is also discussed...
- A critical analysis of intraoperative time utilization in laparoscopic cholecystectomyE Berber
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Endosc 15:161-5. 2001..In patients with choledocholithiasis, stone extraction was responsible for longer operating times. This study should serve as a basis for future studies focusing on time utilization in laparoscopic surgery...
- Relationship between body mass index and length of hospital stay for gallbladder diseaseBette Liu
CRUK Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Richard Doll Building, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 30:161-6. 2008..Obesity increases the risk of hospital admission for gallbladder disease but its impact on the length of hospital stay is largely unknown...
- Complete gallbladder and cystic pedicle torsion. Laparoscopic diagnosis and treatmentH A Amarillo
General Surgical Service, Buenos Aires British Hospital, 74 Perdriel Street, Buenos Aires, C1280AEB, Argentina
Surg Endosc 17:832-3. 2003..It offers a favorable and rapid postoperative recovery, in addition to the other well-known advantages of the minimally invasive surgical approach...
- Scarless cholecystectomy with combined transvaginal and transumbilical approach in a series of 20 patientsC Zornig
Department of Surgery, Israelitisches Krankenhaus, Orchideenstieg 14, 22297, Hamburg, Germany
Surg Endosc 22:1427-9. 2008..Therefore we decided to use a transvaginal approach using rigid laparoscopic instruments for cholecystectomies...
- Laparoscopic derotation and cholecystectomy for torsion gallbladderPrasanna Kumar Reddy
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India
JSLS 9:238-40. 2005..Herein, we present a case of gallbladder torsion in a 76-year-old lady who successfully underwent laparoscopic derotation and cholecystectomy...
- Conversion of elective laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy between 1993 and 2004Y Ishizaki
Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Br J Surg 93:987-91. 2006..The identification of factors that reliably predict the likely need to convert LC to an open procedure would provide short-term benefits in terms of patient education and postoperative expectations...
- Open cholecystectomy for all patients in the era of laparoscopic surgery - a prospective cohort studyJonas Leo
Department of Surgery, Kirurgkliniken i Ostergötland, Motala Hospital, Motala, Sweden
BMC Surg 6:5. 2006..Open cholecystectomy through a small incision is an alternative to laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- A nationwide study of conversion from laparoscopic to open cholecystectomyEdward H Livingston
Division of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, VA North Texas Health Care System, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Room E7 126, Dallas, TX 75390 9156, USA
Am J Surg 188:205-11. 2004..To determine the national incidence and risk factors for conversion from laparoscopic to open cholecystectomy...
- Clinicopathological analysis of idiopathic perforation of the gallbladderTsutomu Namikawa
Department of Tumor Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu Okocho, Nankoku 783 8505, Japan
Surg Today 37:633-7. 2007..Early operation and the size of the perforation are important determinants of the outcome of treatment for IPGB...
- Torsion of the gallbladder: a rare cause of acute cholecystitisDavid M Lemonick
Department of Emergency Medicine, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, 4800 Friendship Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Emerg Med 30:397-401. 2006....
- Functional gallbladder and sphincter of oddi disordersJose Behar
Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1498-509. 2006..The committee recommends that division of the biliary or pancreatic sphincters only be considered when the patient has severe symptoms, meets the required criteria, and other diagnoses are excluded...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in cirrhotic patientsJ Schiff
Department of Surgery and Paul Pierce Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Box 1047, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Surg Endosc 19:1278-81. 2005..We hypothesized that the factors leading to hemorrhage, rather than Child's classification, would drive operating time and resource utilization...
- CT of acute lower GI bleeding in chronic cholecystitis: concomitant pseudoaneurysm of cystic artery and cholecystocolonic fistulaJ W Lee
Department of Radiology, Inha University College of Medicine, Inha University Hospital, Sinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Incheon City, South Korea
Clin Radiol 61:634-6. 2006
- Alcohol consumption in relation to risk of cholecystectomy in womenMichael F Leitzmann
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 78:339-47. 2003..However, the magnitude of the association is uncertain, and little is known about the relation of alcohol consumption patterns and individual types of alcoholic beverages to gallstone disease risk...
- Comparison of three- and two-dimensional sonography in diagnosis of gallbladder diseases: preliminary experienceHui Xiong Xu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Ultrasound Med 22:181-91. 2003To compare three-dimensional sonography with two-dimensional sonography for diagnosis of gallbladder diseases.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy conversion rates two decades laterSujit Vijay Sakpal
Department of Surgery, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, New Jersey, USA
JSLS 14:476-483. 2010..Now nearly 2 decades into the laparoscopic era, nationwide laparoscopic cholecystectomy conversion rates remain around 5% to 10%. We analyzed patient- and surgeon-specific factors that may impact the decision to convert to open...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomyDemetrius E M Litwin
Department of Surgery, University Campus, 55 Lake Avenue North, The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Surg Clin North Am 88:1295-313, ix. 2008..A systematic approach in every case to open a window beyond the triangle of Calot, well up onto the liver bed, is essential for the safe completion of the operation...
- Evaluation of gallbladder and biliary duct disease using microbubble contrast-enhanced ultrasoundL M Meacock
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Br J Radiol 83:615-27. 2010..The examination allows clearer delineation of the disease process and more confident diagnosis...
- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: surgery without a visible scarR Tacchino
Department of Surgery, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 23:896-9. 2009..Operative time decreased and stabilized from the first 3-h SILS cholecystectomy to approximately 50 min after the first five cases. At this writing, the authors find SILS cholecystectomy to be feasible, safe, and effective...
- Secondary hemocholecyst after radiofrequency ablation therapy for hepatocellular carcinomaTakatsugu Yamamoto
Department of Gastroenterological and Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:399-403. 2003..Cholecystectomy is indicated for hemocholecyst because spontaneous liquefication and drainage of a clot in the gallbladder usually does not occur...
- Reintervention after laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy in Sweden 1987-1995: analysis of data from a hospital discharge registerAxel Ros
Department of Surgery, County Hospital of Ryhov, Jonkoping, Sweden
Eur J Surg 168:695-700. 2002....
- Torsion of the gallbladder in an adult: a rare case of acute cholecystitisFrançois C Desmaizières
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier de Paray Le Monial, France
Int Surg 87:87-9. 2002..In any case, the definitive diagnosis is made during surgery. We report a case of gallbladder torsion in an 80-year-old woman. She underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy with an uneventful postoperative course...
- Management of cancer gallbladder found as a surprise on a resected gallbladder specimenMahesh Chandra Misra
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
J Surg Oncol 93:690-8. 2006..Radiotherapy and chemotherapy have not been found effective as an adjuvant or palliative therapy in gallbladder cancer...
- Double gall-bladder--two pathologies: a case reportM Pitiakoudis
Second Department of Surgery, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Acta Chir Belg 108:261-3. 2008..Predisposing factors for the development of gall-stones in one gall-bladder only, as well as surgical options, are briefly discussed...
- Pharmacokinetics of cefepime in bile and gall bladder tissue after prophylactic administration in patients with extrahepatic biliary diseasesGeorge Petrikkos
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Infectious Diseases Laboratory G K Daikos, Medical School, University of Athens, Laikon Hospital, Aghiou Thoma 17 and Alexandroupoleos, Goudi, 11526 Athens, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 27:331-4. 2006..Cefepime has the required pharmacokinetic properties to be considered for pre-operative antimicrobial prophylaxis in patients undergoing biliary tract surgery...
- Transpapillary cytology analysis helps to distinguish benign from malignant gallbladder disease. Should we do it?Richard A Kozarek
Gastrointest Endosc 64:520-1. 2006
- Congenital duplication of the gallbladderMichael C Safioleas
Second Propedeutic Surgery Department, University of Athens, School of Medicine, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am Surg 72:217-20. 2006..At surgery, two gallbladders were found. A brief review of epidemiology and anatomy of double gallbladder is included, along with a discussion of the difficulties in diagnosis and treatment of this condition...
- Gallbladder cancer: an analysis of a series of 139 patients with invasion restricted to the subserosal layerXabier de Aretxabala
Department of Surgery, German Clinic, Vitacura 5951, Santiago, Chile
J Gastrointest Surg 10:186-92. 2006..The presence of lymph node metastases represents the main poor prognosis factor, and some type of adjuvant therapy should be studied in this particular group...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for a double gallbladder of the duodenal typeAtsushi Sasaki
Department of Surgery I, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Koga Hospital, Oita, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:355-8. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of double gallbladder of the duodenal type that was diagnosed preoperatively and treated successfully by laparoscopic removal...
- Management of polypoidal lesions of gallbladder in laparoscopic era- Puneet
Department of General Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Trop Gastroenterol 26:205-10. 2005..Most of the PLG are diagnosed incidentally during scanning. Differentiation of benign from malignant PLG is a major concern and further management is based on this differentiation...
- Perforation of missed double gallbladder after primary laparoscopic cholecystectomy: endoscopic and laparoscopic managementFelice Borghi
Department of Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:429-31. 2008..The postoperative course was uneventful. Symptomatic double gallbladder should be considered also during the complicated postoperative course after the laparoscopic cholecystectomy and laparoscopic reoperation is feasible...
- [Cholesterosis of the gall bladder and atherogenic dyslipidemia: etiology, pathogenesis, clinical symptoms, diagnosis and treatment]L B Lazebnik
Ter Arkh 80:57-61. 2008..To detect specific morphological signs of hepatic lesion in patients with cholesterosis of the gall bladder and atherogenic dyslipidemia in the presence of steatohepatitis...
- [Gallbladder complications after bariatric surgery]Nicolas Veyrie
Unité de chirurgie viscérale et digestive, Hotel Dieu, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:378-84. 2007..In this literature we describe different physiopathological mechanisms of lithiasis after gastric bypass by coeliosurgery or gastroplasty, their diagnosis, and preventive treatment to avoid these complications...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the gallbladder: spectrum of abnormalitiesK M Elsayes
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0030, USA
Acta Radiol 48:476-82. 2007....
- [Tumors in the gallbladder: a possible differentiation between malignant and benign tumours]E M von Meyenfeldt
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, afd Heelkunde, G4 128, Postbus 22 660, 1100 DD Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:1049-54. 2007..It is important to differentiate at an early stage. Ultrasound, CT and MRI have improved the possibility of differentiating and choosing the correct treatment...
- [Incidentalomas of the liver and gallbladder. Evaluation and therapeutic procedure]Carl Zülke
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Regensburg
Chirurg 78:698-712. 2007..Multimodal therapeutic strategies directed at advanced stages of incidentally detected gallbladder cancer should be evaluated in prospective multicentre studies...
- [Heterotopic pancreas in the gallbladder. Diagnosis, therapy, and course of a rare developmental anomaly of the pancreas]G Neupert
Chirurgische Klinik I, Klinikum Offenbach, Starkenburgring 66, 63069 Offenbach
Chirurg 78:261-4. 2007..For this reason, therapy is indicated only in patients with symptoms such as pyloric obstruction, bleeding, and malignant transformation. Surgical resection or endoscopic mucosal resection as a newer method are recommended...
- Dieulafoy's disease as a possible cause of gallbladder hemorrhageYasushi Hashimoto
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1349-50. 2007
- Coexistence of Mirizzi syndrome with adenomyomatosis in the gallbladder: report of a caseAbdulkadir Bedirli
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:438-41. 2007..Mirizzi syndrome is a rare complication of cholelithiasis. Adenomyomatosis is a common tumor-like lesion of the gallbladder...
- Increased cholecystectomy rate in the laparoscopic era: a study of the potential causative factorsP Mallon
Department of Surgery, Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Glenshane Road, Londonderry, BT47 6SB, Northern Ireland
Surg Endosc 20:883-6. 2006..This study aims to determine the validity of these suggestions...
- Cholecystectomy in Sweden 2000-2003: a nationwide study on procedures, patient characteristics, and mortalityMats Rosenmüller
Department of Surgery, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
BMC Gastroenterol 7:35. 2007..In this register study we examined characteristics and mortality of patients who underwent cholecystectomy during hospital stay in Sweden 2000 - 2003...
- [Precancerous lesions of the gallbladder]R Kianmanesh
Service de Chirurgie Generale et Digestive, Hôpital Louis Mourier AP HP, Université Paris VII Colombes
J Chir (Paris) 144:278-86. 2007..Chronic gallbladder infection has been implicated as a risk factor for malignant degeneration. Finally, cancer of both the gallbladder and the bile ducts is more frequent in patients suffering from primary biliary cirrhosis...
- Analysis of the SAGES outcomes initiative cholecystectomy registryV Velanovich
Division of General Surgery, K 8, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Surg Endosc 20:43-50. 2006..This report provides a descriptive analysis of the cholecystectomy database...
- Imaging benign and malignant disease of the gallbladderRichard M Gore
Department of Radiology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 2650 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 40:1307-23, vi. 2002....
- Efficacy and safety of elective laparoscopic cholecystectomy in elderly: a case-controlled comparison with the open approachP M A Fisichella
Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia d Urgenza e Pronto Soccorso, Azienda Ospedaliera Cannizzaro, Catania
Ann Ital Chir 73:149-53; discussion 153-4. 2002..Minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery is the method of choice for the surgical treatment of gallbladder disease. However, surgery of the biliary tract in the elderly is often associated with high morbidity and mortality...
- Biliary leak with normal gallbladder appearance on cholescintigraphySteve B Losik
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Northshore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhassett, NY 11030, USA
Clin Nucl Med 28:977-8. 2003
- [Diagnosis and treatment of polypoid lesion of the gallbladder]Xiao Yi Li
Department of General Surgery, PUMC Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100730, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 25:689-93. 2003..To discuss the principles of diagnosis and treatment of the polypoid lesion of gallbladder...
- Volvulus of the gallbladder: laparoscopic detorsion and removalS Y Kim
Department of Surgery, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA 19001, USA
Surg Endosc 17:1849. 2003..Detorsion and removal of the gallbladder were accomplished laparoscopically. Our review of the literature found no other case in which this degree of torsion was successfully treated laparoscopically...
- DIETARY OBESITYGeorge Bray; Fiscal Year: 2007..We now propose these well founded, important and exciting studies which will provide critical new insights into anatomical, physiological and molecular mechanisms by which high levels of dietary fat induce obesity. ..
- Colonoscopy quality and outcomes in clinical practiceCynthia W Ko; Fiscal Year: 2010..The various algorithms we develop will be tested in a second, validation subset of our database to find the algorithm with optimal performance characteristics. ..
- EXERCISE INDUCED GROWTH OF SKELETAL MUSCLEFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of the mechanisms signaling skeletal muscle growth may lead to drugs, gene therapy, or other countermeasures against skeletal muscle wasting in individuals for whom exercise is perhaps impossible. ..
- A Primary-Care Based Colorectal Cancer Screening ProgramCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this program may be useful to other large primary care practices, and may also help to improve utilization of other types of cancer prevention services ..
- The effect of physical activity on metabolic syndrome in pregnancy and fetal outcCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2008..It may offer a safe and readily available method to control weight and improve infant health during and after pregnancy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SATELLITE STEM CELL BIOLOGYFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcomes of the research will provide a more scientific basis to devise therapies to prevent and treat sarcopenia and physical frailty. ..
- Proteomics: Inactivity-induced muscle insulin resistanceFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Outcomes of this proposal will better establish that healthy active skeletal muscles interact with other organ systems to prevent the metabolic disorders of type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, and obesity. ..
- Failed rescue of old skeletal muscle from atrophyFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identifying the inappropriately expressed mRNAs associated with failed muscle regrowth of old muscles will permit a more scientifically-based growth factor rescue of old atrophied muscle. ..
- Outcomes of Sleep Disorders in Older MenElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also supplement the bank of MrOS specimens to allow for testing of future hypotheses concerning the role of sleep in the development of age-related diseases and conditions. ..
- GENDER DIFFERENCES IN OSTEOPOROSISElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Personalized Physical Activity & Nutrition Intervention for Overweight/Obese.....James Rimmer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Intention-to-treat analysis will be conducted using a series of mixed models that will compare the three treatment groups over time (pre-test and six, 12 and 18-month post-test). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Building Health Empowerment Zones for People with DisabilitiesJames Rimmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The primary outcome of this demonstration project is a model program for improving access to the built environment resulting in improved health and reduction of secondary conditions among people with mobility disabilities. ..
- CVD Predictors of Cognitive Function Trajectory over 20 YearsElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information is important given the aging of the population, the fact that CVD risk factors are modifiable, and because the maintenance of cognitive function is an essential component of healthy aging. ..
- Development of a Web Based Tobacco Cessation CurriculumJohn Spangler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal will be to develop a highly portable tobacco cessation curriculum that can be used a variety of educational settings. ..
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- 3D SONOELASTOGRAPHY IMAGING FOR PROSTATE CANCERDeborah Rubens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Year 1: 25 patients) Aim 3: Apply the results of aims 1 and 2 to evaluate the clinical utility of in-vivo prostate cancer detection by sonoelastography. (Years 2-4: 90 patients) ..
- Endogenous/Exogenous Sex Hormones & CHD Risk FactorsElizabeth Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2003..These observations may aid in deciding whether individual women should use HRT and, if so, which regimen would provide the most benefit with the least risk. ..
- JEOL 1230 TEM and BOC Edwards Vacuum EvaporatorMichael Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..McCray will be involved with gene transfer using lentiviral vectors. Tobacman will study the structure of short actin filaments. Zabner will examine the morphology of Adeno-associated virus. ..
- MYOGENIC DISORDERS OF THE GALLBLADDERJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies may provide evidence and a rationale in support for using hydrophobic bile acids in the prophylactic treatment of this complication. ..
- Universal Exercise Kits for Manual Wheelchair UsersJames Rimmer; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3D Prostate Cancer Imaging Based on "Crawling Wave" ExcitationDeborah J Rubens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful development of the novel 3D crawling wave imaging technology will be readily applicable to ultrasound scanners and therefore can be widely disseminated. ..
- Satin Use and the Risk of Site Specific CancersDenise Boudreau; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Progesterone in Colonic Muscle DysfunctionJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Medication and Colorectal Cancer RiskDenise Boudreau; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- EEFFECTS OF AEROBIC EXERCISE IN PERSONS WITH STROKEJames Rimmer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Unlike traditional analytic methods, the GEE approach can be used with data characterized by almost any type of statistical distribution (e.g., normal/Gaussian, binomial, Poison). ..