Genomes and Genes
Summary: Presence or formation of GALLSTONES in the BILIARY TRACT, usually in the gallbladder (CHOLECYSTOLITHIASIS) or the common bile duct (CHOLEDOCHOLITHIASIS).
Publications291 found, 100 shown here
- Gastrointestinal quality of life in patients with symptomatic or asymptomatic cholelithiasis before and after laparoscopic cholecystectomyB B Mentes
Department of Surgery, Gazi University Medical School, 67 Sok. 16/7 Emek, 06510 Ankara, Turkey
Surg Endosc 15:1267-72. 2001..Gallstone patients with lower GIQLI scores are more likely to benefit from LC...
- Cholelithiasis and markers of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in patients with metabolic risk factorsTomas Koller
5th Internal Medicine Department, Comenius University Medical School, University Hospital Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:197-203. 2012b>Cholelithiasis and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) share the same risk factors...
- Low phospholipid associated cholelithiasis: association with mutation in the MDR3/ABCB4 geneOlivier Rosmorduc
Service d Hepatologie, INSERM U 680, Centre de Référence de Maladies Rares et des Maladies Inflammatoires des Voies Biliaires, Hopital Saint Antoine, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 2:29. 2007Low phospholipid-associated cholelithiasis (LPAC) is characterized by the association of ABCB4 mutations and low biliary phospholipid concentration with symptomatic and recurring cholelithiasis...
- FXR and ABCG5/ABCG8 as determinants of cholesterol gallstone formation from quantitative trait locus mapping in miceHenning Wittenburg
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Gastroenterology 125:868-81. 2003..Cholesterol gallstone formation is a complex genetic trait. To identify additional cholesterol gallstone susceptibility loci, we performed a quantitative trait locus analysis using an intercross of PERA/Ei and I/LnJ inbred strains of mice...
- Identification of cholelithogenic enterohepatic helicobacter species and their role in murine cholesterol gallstone formationKirk J Maurer
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Gastroenterology 128:1023-33. 2005..epidemiologic results suggest a possible association between enterohepatic Helicobacter spp and cholesterol cholelithiasis, chronic cholecystitis, and gallbladder cancer...
- Independent risk factors for gallstone formation in a region with high cholelithiasis prevalenceHenry Volzke
Institute of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Digestion 71:97-105. 2005b>Cholelithiasis is a common disorder in north-eastern Germany. Analyses of risk factors for gallstone formation in this population may have high explanatory power...
- Gilbert syndrome as a predisposing factor for cholelithiasis risk in the Greek adult populationAspasia Tsezou
Laboratory of Cytogenetics and Medical Genetics, Medical School, University of Thessaly Larissa, Larissa, Greece
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:143-6. 2009..in a homogeneous adult population, by conducting a case-control study that included 198 adult patients with cholelithiasis and 152 healthy controls both of Greek origin. Three genotypes were found: 7/7 (17.8% in controls and 23...
- The relationship between juxtapapillary duodenal diverticula and disorders of the biliopancreatic system: analysis of 350 patientsT Zoepf
Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Teaching Hospital, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 54:56-61. 2001..CONCLUSION: JPDD appears to be a risk factor for complications of endoscopic sphincterotomy and for gallbladder stones, bile duct stones, and their recurrence...
- Totally transumbilical endoscopic cholecystectomy without visible abdominal scar using improved instrumentsJiang Fan Zhu
Department of General Surgery, East Hospital of Tongji University, 150 Ji Mo Road, 200120, Pudong, Shanghai, China
Surg Endosc 23:1781-4. 2009..The major barrier to transumbilical endoscopic surgery is external interference between the instrument handles around the umbilicus. We describe technique of totally transumbilical endoscopic cholecystectomy using improved instruments...
- Sterol carrier protein 2 participates in hypersecretion of biliary cholesterol during gallstone formation in genetically gallstone-susceptible miceM Fuchs
Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biochem J 336:33-7. 1998..Because of the different chromosomal localizations of the Lith and Scp2 genes, we postulate that Lith genes control SCP2 expression indirectly...
- Lith1, a major gene affecting cholesterol gallstone formation among inbred strains of miceB Khanuja
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7729-33. 1995..5% (wt/wt) cholic acid. Strains C57L, SWR, and A were notable for a high prevalence of cholelithiasis; strains C57BL/6, C3H, and SJL had an intermediate prevalence; and strains SM, AKR, and DBA/2 exhibited no ..
- Analysis of 645 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism with special references to cholelithiasisPetr Don Broulik
3rd Clinic of Internal Medicine and 3rd Department of Surgery Faculty of Medicine, Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic
Intern Med 44:917-21. 2005OBJECTIVE The clinical picture of primary hyperparathyroidism (PHPT) has changed during the past 50 years. It is currently unknown whether or not PHPT is associated with an increased risk of cholelithiasis.
- Perioperative management of cholelithiasis in patients presenting for laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: have we reached a consensus?Jitesh A Patel
Allegheny General Hospital, Department of Surgery, Division of Bariatric Surgery, 320 East North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Am Surg 75:470-6; discussion 476. 2009Obesity and rapid weight loss after bariatric surgery is associated with, the development of cholelithiasis and related complications...
- The timing of laparoscopic cholecystectomy after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography in cholelithiasis coexisting with choledocholithiasisBulent Salman
Department of General Surgery, Gazi University Medical School, Besevler, 06500, Ankara, Turkey
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 16:832-6. 2009An accepted treatment strategy for cholelithiasis with secondary choledocholithiasis is the laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) following endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP)...
- Effect of ezetimibe on the prevalence of cholelithiasisAssaf Stein
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Tel Aviv, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba 44281, Israel
World J Gastroenterol 18:5789-92. 2012To investigate the prevalence of cholelithiasis among patients treated with ezetimibe.
- Pathophysiological conditions in cholelithiasis formation in North Indian population: spectroscopic, biophysical, and biochemical studyTranum Kaur
Department of Biophysics, Basic Medical Sciences Block, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Biol Trace Elem Res 138:79-89. 2010..Such studies could ultimately result in the development of new strategies for the treatment of gallstones and might provide clues for prevention of gallstones formation...
- Implication of genetic variation at the promoter and exon1 of UGT1A1 in occurrence of cholelithiasis in TunisiaLeila Chaouch
Université de Tunis El Manar, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Laboratoire d hématologie moléculaire et cellulaire, Tunisie
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 70:702-6. 2012..Our study involved 76 patients with cholelithiasis as well as 141 unaffected subjects. For each subject an analysis of the bilirubin parameters was performed...
- Gall bladder carcinoma in patients undergoing cholecystectomy for cholelithiasisAbdul Samad
Department of Surgery, Isra University Hospital, Hyderabad, Sindh
J Pak Med Assoc 55:497-9. 2005To determine the proportion and timing for suspecting the diagnosis of gall bladder carcinoma in patients undergoing cholecystectomy for cholelithiasis.
- Loss of gallbladder interstitial Cajal-like cells in patients with cholelithiasisArtur Pasternak
First Department of General, Oncological and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Neurogastroenterol Motil 25:e17-24. 2013..We hypothesize that changes in the density of ICLCs in the gallbladder wall may lead to the development of cholelithiasis due to the impairment of the gallbladder motility...
- Clinical epidemiological study on intrahepatic cholelithiasis: analysis of 8585 casesXi Gang Chen
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:281-4. 2003To investigate the clinical epidemiology of intrahepatic cholelithiasis in Guangxi area, China.
- Cholelithiasis and chronic cholangiohepatitis in a mute swan (Cygnus olor)G O Cousquer
Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, West Hatch Wildlife Hospital, Somerset TA3 5RT
Vet Rec 158:166-7. 2006
- Gallstones, cholecystectomy, and the risk for developing pancreatic cancerE S Schernhammer
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 86:1081-4. 2002..11, 95% CI, 0.78-1.56); this risk did not increase with increasing time following cholecystectomy or gallstones. Gallstones or cholecystectomy do not appear to be significant risk factors for pancreatic cancer...
- Incidence, risk factors, and complications of cholelithiasis in patients with home parenteral nutritionXavier Dray
Département de Pathologie Digestive, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Am Coll Surg 204:13-21. 2007Previous studies showed high prevalence rates of cholelithiasis in patients with home parenteral nutrition (HPN)...
- Single-incision versus conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with uncomplicated gallbladder disease: a meta-analysisLixiao Hao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Chinese PLA the 455st Hospital, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 22:487-97. 2012..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the gold standard treatment for cholecystectomy. Recently, single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILC) has been suggested as an alternative technique...
- Phenotypic characterization of Lith genes that determine susceptibility to cholesterol cholelithiasis in inbred mice: physical-chemistry of gallbladder bileD Q Wang
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Lipid Res 38:1395-411. 1997..iii) Mucin gel accumulation, crystallization, and stone formation are rare in AKR mice. This definition of the physical chemistry of lithogenesis should aid in further elucidation of the Lith genes and the proteins they encode...
- The use of laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy for complicated cholelithiasisJ A E Philips
ICENI Centre, Colchester General Hospital, Colchester, CO4 5JL, UK
Surg Endosc 22:1697-700. 2008..The authors report their experience using laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy to avoid bile duct injury and conversion in difficult cases...
- Is routine cholecystectomy indicated for asymptomatic cholelithiasis in patients undergoing gastric bypass?William Fuller
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Obes Surg 17:747-51. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate the natural history of patients undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) with known asymptomatic cholelithiasis in whom prophylactic cholecystectomy was not performed at the time of surgery.
- Risk of pancreatic cancer associated with cholelithiasis, cholecystectomy, or gastrectomyL Gullo
Department of Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, St. Orsola Hospital, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 41:1065-8. 1996Current data regarding an association between cholelithiasis, cholecystectomy, or gastrectomy and pancreatic cancer are conflicting...
- Delay of diagnosis in pancreatic cancer due to suspected symptomatic cholelithiasisB M Ghadimi
Dept of Surgery, University Medical Center Gottingen, Georg August University Gottingen, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1437-9. 2002....
- Assessment of characteristics of patients with cholelithiasis from economically deprived rural Karachi, PakistanMuhammad Naeem
Dow Medical College, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Res Notes 5:334. 2012..We aim to assess the characteristics among cholelithiasis patients from rural Karachi so that a prevention campaign can be launched in rural underprivileged settings to ..
- Comparison between single-incision and conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a prospective trial of the Club CoelioPhilippe Hauters
CH wapi site Notre Dame, 9 avenue Delmée, 7500 Tournai, Belgium
Surg Endosc 27:1689-94. 2013..The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILC) and conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy (CLC)...
- History of cholelithiasis and cancer risk in a network of case-control studiesA Tavani
Department of Epidemiology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 23:2173-8. 2012We analyzed the relationship between cholelithiasis and cancer risk in a network of case-control studies conducted in Italy and Switzerland in 1982-2009.
- Transvaginal-hybrid vs. single-port-access vs. 'conventional' laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a prospective observational studyMaik Kilian
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Charite Campus Mitte, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:709-15. 2011..Here we present the results of the first prospective observational study comparing standard laparoscopic cholecystectomy with single-port cholecystectomy as well as transvaginal-hybrid cholecystectomy...
- [Male gender-- difficulty factor in cholecystectomies for cholelithiasis]E Tarcoveanu
Facultatea de Medicină Clinica I Chirurgie, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 106:768-72. 2002..an increased conversion rate of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and more severe disease in those with symptomatic cholelithiasis. The aim of this study was to determine the effect of male gender on the clinical presentation of symptomatic ..
- Endoscopic gallbladder stent placement for treatment of symptomatic cholelithiasis in patients with end-stage liver diseaseChristine Schlenker
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:278-83. 2006Symptomatic cholelithiasis is a common disease in the general population with an increased prevalence in patients with cirrhosis...
- Hyperbilirubinemia and cholelithiasis in Chinese patients with hemoglobin H diseaseW Y Au
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Ann Hematol 84:671-4. 2005..b>Cholelithiasis was found in 38 cases...
- Phenotypic characterization of Lith genes that determine susceptibility to cholesterol cholelithiasis in inbred mice: integrated activities of hepatic lipid regulatory enzymesF Lammert
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Lipid Res 40:2080-90. 1999There is no consensus whether hepatic lipid regulatory enzymes play primary or secondary roles in cholesterol cholelithiasis. We have used inbred mice with Lith genes that determine cholesterol gallstone susceptibility to evaluate the ..
- Association of UGT1A1 polymorphism with prevalence and age at onset of cholelithiasis in sickle cell anemiaVicky Chaar
UMR S 458 INSERM Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, France
Haematologica 90:188-99. 2005High levels of erythrocyte destruction in sickle cell anemia (SCA) result in chronic hyperbilirubinemia, with cholelithiasis occurring in a subset of patients...
- Acute transient hepatocellular injury in cholelithiasis and cholecystitis without evidence of choledocholithiasisChen Wang Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Mackay Medicine, Nursing and Management College, Taipei 10449, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:3788-92. 2009To investigate acute transient hepatocellular injury in patients with cholelithiasis and cholecystitis but no evidence of choledocholithiasis.
- The "invisible cholecystectomy": A transumbilical laparoscopic operation without a scarMiguel A Cuesta
Department of Surgery, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 22:1211-3. 2008..The operative technique, along with the results of the first 10 patients operated in this way, are fully described...
- Clinicopathological study of cholelithiasis following gastric cancer surgeryK Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Eur Surg Res 37:29-35. 2005..In comparison with 698 patients, the gallstone group was characterized by the findings that the incidence of cholelithiasis was significantly higher in totally-gastrectomized patients and patients with upper stomach cancer...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in cirrhotic patients with symptomatic cholelithiasis: a case-control studyJorge Marcelo Padilla Mancero
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, Hospital Beneficencia Portuguesa, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
World J Surg 32:267-70. 2008..In this study we retrospectively evaluated a group of symptomatic cirrhotic (n=30) and non-cirrhotic (n=60) patients submitted to laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) in a public hospital in Brazil...
- [Robotic surgery and NOTES--Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery in treatment of cholelithiasis--revolution or failed conception]Błazej Ciesielczyk
Szpital im F Raszei w Poznaniu, Oddział Chirurgii Ogólnej
Pol Merkur Lekarski 25:380-5. 2008..The article is also an attempt to answer the question if this new surgical procedures become as great revolution as laparoscopy...
- High incidence of early cholelithiasis detected by ultrasonography in children and young adults with hereditary spherocytosisHannah Tamary
Department of Hematology Oncology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tikva
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:952-4. 2003..As individuals with HS who co-inherit Gilbert syndrome have a greater risk of developing gallstones, uridine diphosphate-glucuronyl transferase (UGT-1A) gene polymorphism was also determined...
- Differences in outer membrane characteristics between gallstone-associated bacteria and normal bacterial floraL A Wetter
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
Lancet 343:444-8. 1994..We postulate that possession of these unusual properties may enhance the ability of bacteria to colonise the biliary tree and initiate pigment gallstone formation...
- Targeted disruption of the murine cholecystokinin-1 receptor promotes intestinal cholesterol absorption and susceptibility to cholesterol cholelithiasisDavid Q H Wang
Department of Medicine, Liver Center and Gastroenterology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Invest 114:521-8. 2004....
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in cirrhosis: contraindication or privileged indication?M Morino
Dipartimento di Discipline Medico Chirurgiche dell Università di Torino, Clinica Chirurgica Generale ed Oncologica, Corso AM Dogliotti, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 10:360-3. 2000..Finally, laparoscopic surgery reduces the risk of viral contamination (the hepatitis B virus, the hepatitis C virus, or the human immunodeficiency virus) of the surgical staff...
- Quantitation of cholesterol crystallization from supersaturated model bilePiero Portincasa
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 43:604-10. 2002..When cholesterol crystal mass is assayed by indirect methods such as spectrophotometry or nephelometry, results are strongly influenced by crystal size...
- Two-dimensional electrophoretic analysis of vesicular and micellar proteins of gallbladder bileC He
Department of Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich, Germany
J Chromatogr A 776:109-15. 1997..However, most biliary proteins including the anionic polypeptide fraction are associated with mixed micelles. The pathophysiological significance of these proteins associated with lipids needs to be investigated further...
- Study of Helicobacter hepaticus in gallbladders with cholelithiasis and its sensitivity patternS B Pradhan
Department of Pathology, Kathmandu Medical College and Teaching Hospital, Sinamangal, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 7:125-8. 2009b>Cholelithiasis is one of the most common digestive surgical disorders. The natural history of gallstone development is unknown. Bacteria are found in high concentration in bile and stone...
- Low phospholipid-associated cholestasis and cholelithiasisSerge Erlinger
University of Paris 7 Diderot, 5 rue Thomas Mann, 75205 Paris Cedex 13, France
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 36:S36-40. 2012Low phospholipid-associated cholestasis and cholelithiasis (LPAC) is a genetic disorder characterized by cholesterol gallbladder and intrahepatic stones...
- Increased activity in the biliary Con A-binding fraction accounts for the difference in crystallization behavior in bile from Chilean gallstone patients compared with Dutch gallstone patientsJ F Miquel
Departamento de Gastroenterología y Cirugía, Facultad de Medicina, Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Hepatology 33:328-32. 2001..Compared with Dutch bile, Chilean bile crystallizes much faster despite a lower CSI. Chilean bile contains an increased content of Con A-binding nucleation promoting activity...
- Cholelithiasis in gallbladder cancer: coincidence, cofactor, or cause!S V Shrikhande
Department of Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Eur J Surg Oncol 36:514-9. 2010..While gallstones are associated with cancers of the gallbladder, the actual nature of their relationship needs to be clarified. This would aid the recommendations on the need for prophylactic cholecystectomy...
- Frequent occurrence of asplenism and cholelithiasis in patients with autoimmune polyglandular disease type IT C Friedman
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Am J Med 91:625-30. 1991..This study assesses the occurrence of asplenism and gallstones in patients with autoimmune polyglandular disease type I (APG I)...
- Biliary proteins and their redox status changes in gallstone patientsI Grattagliano
University Medical School of Bari, 70124 Bari, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 39:986-92. 2009..Proteins might act as pronucleating agents of cholesterol crystallization in bile. However, little is known about the redox status of biliary proteins in humans and their interaction with crystallization of biliary cholesterol...
- Indinavir-induced cholelithiasis in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virusRenaud Verdon
Unité de maladies infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Côte de Nacre, 14033 Caen, France
Clin Infect Dis 35:e57-9. 2002We report the first case of acute cholecystitis due to indinavir-induced cholelithiasis in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus who had been receiving indinavir for 56 months...
- Association of the presence of Helicobacter in gallbladder tissue with cholelithiasis and cholecystitisCíntia Presser Silva
Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 41:5615-8. 2003..and nested PCR of 16S rRNA genes in gallbladder tissue and bile from 46 Brazilian subjects with and 18 without cholelithiasis. The control group was mainly composed of liver donors and of patients who had submitted to cholecystectomy as ..
- [Haemobilia in the course of acenocoumarol overdosage in patient with cholelithiasis--case report]Andrzej Prystupa
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych Akademii Medycznej, im Feliksa Skubiszewskiego w Lublinie
Przegl Lek 64:314-5. 2007..INR was 20 during an admission. Ultrasonographic evaluation demonstrated hepatomegaly, cholelithiasis, thick sludge in gallbladder represented blood clots and also dilated biliary tract...
- Role of biliary proteins and non-protein factors in kinetics of cholesterol crystallisation and gallstone growthM Jirsa
1st Department of Internal Medicine, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Praha, Czech Republic
Front Biosci 6:E154-67. 2001....
- Risk assessment in cholelithiasis: is cholecystectomy always to be preferred?Marlies C Mertens
CoRPS Center of Research on Psychology in Somatic diseases, Department of Medical Psychology, Tilburg University, 5000 LE, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1271-9. 2010..The aim of the study is to identify predictors of persisting symptoms at 6 months after cholecystectomy for patients with different preoperative symptomatology...
- Microflora of bile aspirates in patients with acute cholecystitis with or without cholelithiasis: a tropical experienceMalini R Capoor
Department of Microbiology, Vardhman Mahaveer Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India
Braz J Infect Dis 12:222-5. 2008..with special emphasis on enteric fever organisms in patients with acute cholangitis with and without cholelithiasis or other biliary diseases...
- Risk factors for hyperbilirubinemia and gallstones in Chinese patients with b thalassemia syndromeWing Y Au
Haematologica 88:220-2. 2003
- Cholelithiasis possibly induced by protease inhibitors in 3 patientsJ T Siveke
Medizinische Poliklinik, Standort Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 36:1498-500. 2003
- Cholelithiasis in a toddler with sickle cell diseaseDana Aronson Schinasi
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:533-4. 2011b>Cholelithiasis is rarely seen in toddlers and school-aged children, even in the setting of sickle cell anemia...
- The learning curve of resident physicians using emergency ultrasonography for cholelithiasis and cholecystitisTimothy B Jang
Department of Emergency Medicine David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, CA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:1247-52. 2010Emergency department bedside ultrasonography (EUS) can expedite treatment for patients. However, it is unknown how much experience is required for competency in the sonographic diagnosis of cholelithiasis and cholecystitis.
- Chromosomal organization of candidate genes involved in cholesterol gallstone formation: a murine gallstone mapF Lammert
Department of Medicine III, , , Aachen, Germany
Gastroenterology 120:221-38. 2001....
- Spinal cord injury and cholelithiasisChang suo Xia
Department of Orthopaedics, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qingdao University, Qingdao 266003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 3:595-8. 2004..In this study we assessed the prevalence of cholelithiasis in male patients with SCI and the correlation of cholelithiasis with age and weight of patients, level of ..
- Complicated atazanavir-associated cholelithiasis: a report of 14 casesSoloniaina Rakotondravelo
Médecine Interne and Biochimie, Centre hospitalier Bretagne Atlantique, Vannes, France
Clin Infect Dis 55:1270-2. 2012..virus (HIV)-infected patients receiving an atazanavir (ATV)-based antiretroviral regimen developed complicated cholelithiasis. ATV was found in biliary calculi in 8 of 11 cases: infrared spectrometry analysis of calculi revealed that ..
- Clinical manifestations of gallstone disease: evidence from the multicenter Italian study on cholelithiasis (MICOL)D Festi
Department of Medicine and Ageing, University of Chieti G D Annunzio, Italy
Hepatology 30:839-46. 1999..We have proposed a complex of symptoms and signs significantly associated with gallstones that might help physicians in clinical decision making...
- Cholelithiasis in patients with Gaucher diseaseHanna Rosenbaum
Department of Hematology, Rambam Medical Center and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Blood Cells Mol Dis 28:21-7. 2002..An increased biliary excretion of glucosylceramide could also contribute to cholelithiasis. To determine whether our findings were specific to our referral population, the medical records of a second ..
- Microbiology of gallbladder bile in uncomplicated symptomatic cholelithiasisVasitha Abeysuriya
Department of Clinical Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Ragama, Sri Lanka
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:633-7. 2008..Few studies have assessed microflora and their antibiotic sensitivity in normal bile and lithogenic bile with different types of gallstones...
- Unconjugated bilirubin in human bile: the nucleating factor in cholesterol cholelithiasis?M K Dutt
Gastrointestinal Laboratory, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas s Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Clin Pathol 56:596-8. 2003..To investigate the concentrations of bilirubin, bilirubin conjugates, phospholipid, and cholesterol in the gall bladder bile obtained at surgery from patients with and without cholesterol gallstones...
- Early modification of sickle cell disease clinical course by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 gene promoter polymorphismRute Martins
Centro de Genética Humana, Instituto Nacional de Saude Dr Ricardo Jorge, Avenida Padre Cruz, 1649 016 Lisboa, Portugal
J Hum Genet 53:524-8. 2008..destruction in sickle cell disease (SCD) results in chronic hyperbilirubinaemia and, in a subset of patients, cholelithiasis occurs...
- A genome-wide association study of total bilirubin and cholelithiasis risk in sickle cell anemiaJacqueline N Milton
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34741. 2012..occurs circulating heme increases, leading to elevated bilirubin levels and an increased incidence of cholelithiasis. We performed the first genome-wide association study (GWAS) of bilirubin levels and cholelithiasis risk in a ..
- Retained gallbladder/cystic duct remnant calculi as a cause of postcholecystectomy painR M Walsh
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Endosc 16:981-4. 2002..Pain following cholecystectomy can pose a diagnostic and therapeutic dilemma. We reviewed our experience with calculi retained in gallbladder and cystic duct remnants that present with recurrent biliary symptoms...
- Aberrant maspin expression in gallbladder epithelium is associated with intestinal metaplasia in patients with cholelithiasisC Maesawa
Department of Pathology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Uchimaru 19 1, 020 8505 Morioka, Japan
J Clin Pathol 59:328-30. 2006..We investigated maspin expression in non-tumorous gallbladder epithelium in patients with cholelithiasis.
- UGT1A1 polymorphism outweighs the modest effect of deletional (-3.7 kb) alpha-thalassemia on cholelithogenesis in sickle cell anemiaVicky Chaar
UMR S 458 INSERM Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, CHU de Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, French West Indies
Am J Hematol 81:377-9. 2006..Only a subset of patients develop cholelithiasis. UGT1A1 promoter polymorphism is associated both with unconjugated bilirubin level and elevated risk for ..
- Cirrhosis and laparoscopic cholecystectomyJ R Clark
Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery Unit, St. George Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:165-9. 2001..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with cirrhosis is associated with significant but acceptable morbidity and mortality rates, and complications are frequently related to comorbid conditions...
- Cholelithiasis, cholecystectomy, and liver diseaseGeorge N Ioannou
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 105:1364-73. 2010b>Cholelithiasis and fatty liver disease share some important risk factors, such as central obesity, insulin resistance, and diabetes...
- Apolipoprotein-E genotype and the risk of developing cholelithiasis following bariatric surgery: a clue to prevention of routine prophylactic cholecystectomySubhi Abu Abeid
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Minerva Center for Cholesterol Gallstones and Lipid Metabolism in the Liver, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Obes Surg 12:354-7. 2002Obesity and especially rapid weight loss following bariatric surgery are known risk factors for cholelithiasis. Since the risk may be high, prophylactic cholecystectomy has been advocated...
- Impact of rapid weight reduction on risk of cholelithiasis after bariatric surgeryCarlos Iglézias Brandão de Oliveira
Center for Surgical Treatment of Obesity, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Obes Surg 13:625-8. 2003..alone and rapid weight loss induced by bariatric surgery are recognized risk factors for the development of cholelithiasis. The decision to perform prophylactic cholecystectomy at the time of bariatric operations remains ..
- Higher incidence of cholelithiasis in chronic renal failure patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism undergoing peritoneal dialysisIbrahim Barut
Department of General Surgery, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Ren Fail 29:453-7. 2007In this study, we endeavored to determine whether the incidence of cholelithiasis (CL) was increased in chronic renal failure (CRF) patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism on a peritoneal dialysis (PD) program...
- The usefulness of low-pressure pneumoperitoneum in laparoscopic surgeryMarcin Barczynski
Department of General Surgery, Collegium Medicum of Jagiellonian University, Pradnicka 37 Street, 31 202 Krakow, Poland
Folia Med Cracov 43:43-50. 2002..Gallbladder assessed in preoperative ultrasound as longer than 12 cm as well as male sex and age over 55 years indicate a higher risk of failure of the 4-trocar LPLC technique...
- Helicobacter pylori DNA in gallbladder tissue of patients with cholelithiasis and cholecystitisKuaybe Yucebilgili
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Literature, Fatih University, Turkey
J Infect Dev Ctries 3:856-9. 2009Earlier reports on the detection of H. pylori DNA in gallbladder tissue of patients with cholelithiasis and cholecystitis gave discordant results. Our aim was to detect the presence of H...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with cirrhosis of the liver and symptomatic cholelithiasisTheodoros E Pavlidis
Second Propedeutical Department of Surgery, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippocration Hospital, Greece
JSLS 13:342-5. 2009..indications and benefits of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) in patients with liver cirrhosis and symptomatic cholelithiasis have not been satisfactorily documented...
- Tract microflora in Saudi patients with cholelithiasisM Al Harbi
Department of Surgery, King Abdulaziz University Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Trop Med Int Health 6:570-4. 2001..our isolates we would suggest that antibiotic prophylaxis recommended for laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gallstones needs to be reviewed and the role of bacteribilia in the surgical management of cholelithiasis requires further study.
- A putative role of ribonuclear inclusions and MBNL1 in the impairment of gallbladder smooth muscle contractility with cholelithiasis in myotonic dystrophy type 1R Cardani
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnologies, University of Milan, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 18:641-5. 2008..It has been reported that 25-50% of DM1 patients have abdominal symptoms due to cholelithiasis or gallstones...
- A rational approach to cholelithiasis in bariatric surgery: its application to the laparoscopically placed adjustable gastric bandPaul E O'Brien
Monash University Department of Surgery, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria
Arch Surg 138:908-12. 2003..We analyzed the outcomes of a noninterventionist policy on 1000 patients undergoing laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding...
- Gilbert's syndrome as a predisposing factor for idiopathic cholelithiasis in childrenSofia Kitsiou-Tzeli
Haematologica 88:1193-4. 2003..05) in a group of 30 children with cholelithiasis than in a control group of 40 healthy children, indicating that this genotype might be an underlying factor ..
- Evaluation of the presence of Helicobacter species in the biliary system of Turkish patients with cholelithiasisEbru Bostanoğlu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara
Turk J Gastroenterol 21:421-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the presence of Helicobacter species in the gallbladder tissue, bile and gallstones of Turkish patients with cholelithiasis.
- Overexpression of sterol carrier protein-2 mRNA in patients with cholesterol gallstonesNai Qiang Cui
Department of Surgery, Tianjin Nankai Hospital, Tianjin 300100, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:117-20. 2005..This study was undertaken to investigate the expression of liver SCP2 mRNA in patients with cholesterol gallstone and those patients with non-cholesterol gallstone...
- Antibiotic and synergistic effect of Leu-Lys rich peptide against antibiotic resistant microorganisms isolated from patients with cholelithiasisNari Jeong
Research Center for Proteineous Materials RCPM, Chosun University, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:581-6. 2010..of the amphipathic-derived P5-18mer antimicrobial peptide were tested against pathogens associated with cholelithiasis that have developed resistance against commonly used antibiotics...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy using a newly developed laparoscope manipulator for 10 patients with cholelithiasisK Tanoue
Department of Innovative Medical Technology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1, Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Surg Endosc 20:753-6. 2006..Naviot is a new remote-controlled laparoscope manipulator system controlled by the operator's hand. This study assessed its introduction into clinical practice...
- A close relationship between intestinal metaplasia and Cdx2 expression in human gallbladders with cholelithiasisHirotsugu Sakamoto
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0 431, Japan
Hum Pathol 38:66-71. 2007We previously reported a case of a human gallbladder with cholelithiasis consisting of intestinal metaplasia with the expression of caudal-related homeobox transcription factor (Cdx2)...
- Body weight gain as the major risk factor of cholelithiasis in women and an important risk factor in manL Ostrowska
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Rocz Akad Med Bialymst 50:54-6. 2005The power of correlation was assessed between chosen risk factors of cholelithiasis in order to establish the ranking of these factors in Podlasie inhabitants.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a patient with situs inversus totalisUnal Aydin
Ege University School of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 12:7717-9. 2006Currently, laparoscopic cholecystectomy is an undoubtfully optimal treatment of cholelithiasis. What about performing this procedure on a patient with situs inversus totalis and what are the difficulties of this operation for a right-..
- Effect of estrogen therapy on gallbladder diseaseDominic J Cirillo
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
JAMA 293:330-9. 2005..Estrogen therapy is thought to promote gallstone formation and cholecystitis but most data derive from observational studies rather than randomized trials...
- Cholelithiasis and cholecystitisBruce D Schirmer
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System Charlottesville VA 22908, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 15:329-38. 2005..Every year, approximately 500,000 cholecystectomies are performed in the US. Cholelithiasis affects approximately 10% of the adult population in the United States...
- Transumbilical flexible endoscopic cholecystectomy in humans: first feasibility study using a hybrid techniqueC Palanivelu
GEM Hospital and Postgraduate Institute, Coimbatore, India
Endoscopy 40:428-31. 2008....
- Gallstones, cholecystectomy and risk of cancers of the liver, biliary tract and pancreasW H Chow
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7182, USA
Br J Cancer 79:640-4. 1999..Further research is needed to clarify the carcinogenic risks associated with gallstones and cholecystectomy and to define the mechanisms involved...
- Assessment of 'nucleation time' as a predictor of cholelithiasisVasitha Abeysuriya
Department of Clinical Anatomy, University of Kelaniya, Ragama, Sri Lanka
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1020-3. 2008..In the formation of gallstones, crystal nucleation is a key step, which is followed by precipitation and gradual growth of cholesterol crystals...
- Nuclear hormone receptor regulation of cholesterol absorptionJoyce J Repa; Fiscal Year: 2012..Additional mechanisms to reduce the cholesterol transport protein, NPC1L1, particularly in an intestine-specific manner, may result in the development of safer drugs for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and cholelithiasis.
- JAUNDICE NEXT: A diagnostic tool for cholestatic liver disease.Frank Zemlan; Fiscal Year: 2012..as non-specific portal fibrosis, intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy, and low-phospholipid-associated cholelithiasis. Using recent knowledge of the genetic basis of these disorders, we developed a high-throughput gene chip that ..
- Molecular Physiology of Liver Fatty Acid TransportersAndreas Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2013..steatosis, insulin sensitivity, whole body glucose homeostasis, as well as bile related diseases such as cholelithiasis. We will demonstrate this multifunctional role in vitro and in vivo by determining the interdependence of ..
- The Function of FcRn in Liver and the Role of N-GlycansTimothy T Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2010..are commonly found in the serum and/or bile of autoimmune liver disease, viral hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, and cholelithiasis. The physiologic significance of the altered IgG level in disease progression and possible therapeutic ..
- Systematic Error and Confounding: Meta-Analyses of Alcohol and DiseaseTANYA NATALENE CHIKRITZHS; Fiscal Year: 2013..and mortality associated with 7 sentinel diseases as well as all-cause mortality: (i) Type 2 diabetes, (ii) cholelithiasis, (iii) female breast cancer, (iv) stomach cancer, (v) renal cancer, (vi) lung cancer, (vii) coronary heart ..
- REGULATION OF BILE ACID SYNTHESISJOHN CHIANG; Fiscal Year: 1999..of this mechanism could lead to pathological conditions such as hypercholesterolemia, atherosclerosis, cholelithiasis, sterol storage diseases and liver diseases in humans...
- ESTROGENS AND VITAMIN A ROLE IN DISEASE PREVENTIONAnnlia Paganini Hill; Fiscal Year: 1991..acute myocardial infarction, and stroke, plus lymphoma and leukemia, ovarian cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, cholelithiasis, and phlebitis)...
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF BILIARY LIPID SECRETIONDavid Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2000..studies should, in part, elucidate biliary lipid secretion at a fundamental cellular level and potentially lead to early interventions in cholelithiasis and cholestasis as well as new strategies for management of hypercholesterolemia.
- ROLE OF THE GALLBLADDER IN PATHOGENESIS OF GALLSTONESLESTER WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 1991..That biliary motility is altered before not as a consequence of cholelithiasis is supported by observations in pregnancy and experimental GS data...
- Medical History, Medications, and Pancreatic Cancer RiskMARGARET MANDELSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..pylori). d. History of cholecystectomy and/or cholelithiasis. 2...
- PHASE III TRIAL--LAPAROSCOPIC COLECTOMY FOR COLON CANCERHeidi Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..an example of minimal access resective surgery has rapidly become the preferred surgical approach to cholelithiasis, due to significant reductions in recovery time, disabilities, and costs...
- Abcb11 and Hepatic TransportAnne Henkel; Fiscal Year: 2009..The purpose of the proposed studies is to determine the role of Abcbl 1 in cholelithiasis (Specific Aim 1a) and hepatic steatosis (Specific Aim 1b), and characterize the hepatic cell signaling ..
- The Role of Nitric Oxide in Cholesterol HomeostasisMelanie Ihrig; Fiscal Year: 2003..the underlying cause of hypercholesterolemia in iNOS-deficient mice, the manifestation of atherosclerosis and cholelithiasis may well be linked...
- Northern Plains Center for Behavioral ResearchGlenda Lindseth; Fiscal Year: 2005..on children, and the role of nutrition in mitigating diabetes, cognitive decline among the elderly, and cholelithiasis among American Indian women...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC CHOLESTEROL ESTER METABOLISMSandra Erickson; Fiscal Year: 1990..how cholesterol esterification in the liver is regulated, may help us to understand the pathologies of both atherosclerosis and cholelithiasis and may enable us to devise rational means of preventing or alleviating these diseases.
- MECHANISMS OF BILE FORMATIONEDSON FORKER; Fiscal Year: 1991..The long term goal is to understand the pathogenesis of such human afflictions as cholestasis and cholelithiasis, the effect of these diseases on the normal excretion and metabilism of endogenous products like bilirubin, ..
- MECHANISMS OF BILE FORMATIONPaul King; Fiscal Year: 1992..The long term goal is to understand the pathogenesis of such human afflictions as cholestasis and cholelithiasis, the effect of these diseases on the normal excretion and metabilism of endogenous products like bilirubin, ..
- INJURY TO LIVER SINUSOIDAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLSSteven Strasberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potentially beneficial improvements in preservation solutions are identified they will be tested in whole isolated livers and by transplantation in the rat. ..
- A prospective study of diet and adult gliomasDominique Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should contribute substantially to our understanding of the relation between diet and the risk of adult gliomas, and might provide opportunities for prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- Novel Risk Factors for Kidney Stone FormationEric Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the completion of this career development award, Dr. Taylor will have a unique combination of skills and experience that will enable him to succeed as an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Colonoscopy quality and outcomes in clinical practiceCynthia W Ko; Fiscal Year: 2010..The various algorithms we develop will be tested in a second, validation subset of our database to find the algorithm with optimal performance characteristics. ..
- A Primary-Care Based Colorectal Cancer Screening ProgramCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this program may be useful to other large primary care practices, and may also help to improve utilization of other types of cancer prevention services ..
- Molecular Biology of Erythrocyte AnkyrinPatrick G Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide important information to be used for diagnosis and treatment of patients with this disorder. ..
- ALIMENTARY TRACT LIPIDS IN HEALTH AND DISEASEMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The systematic project should lead to new targets and strategies for prevention of pigment and cholesterol gallstone diseases as well as lipid transport abnormalities sin cholestasis. ..
- A QTL for fetal hemoglobin and F cells on chromosome 8qSwee Thein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The discovery of these factors may also suggest new approaches for therapeutic augmentation of fetal hemoglobin production in patients with SCD and beta thalassemia. ..
- The effect of physical activity on metabolic syndrome in pregnancy and fetal outcCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2008..It may offer a safe and readily available method to control weight and improve infant health during and after pregnancy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- Effect of Green Tea Catechins on Tumor VascularizationPeter Shamamian; Fiscal Year: 2006..2. To study the effects of catechins on the developing vasculature in primary and recurrent mammary carcinoma. ..
- Phenotypic Determinants of Murine CholelithiasisMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Serum Markers for Pancreatic AdenocarcinomaSEAN MULVIHILL; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work has direct health-related significance in identifying improved screening tests for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Genetic Loci Influencing Human Gallbladder DiseaseAttila Nakeeb; Fiscal Year: 2006..The completion of this research plan and the training and knowledge acquired from the mentors should allow Dr. Nakeeb to develop into an independent clinical scientist. ..
- Epidemiology and Impact of Hepatitis C in the CommunityW Ray Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Cystic Fibrosis Liver DiseaseMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASGE Imaging Workshop: Next Generation in Endoscopic ImagingGrace Elta; Fiscal Year: 2008..These improved imaging tools have the potential to allow earlier cancer detection and less invasive treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..