Genomes and Genes
churg strauss syndrome
Summary: Widespread necrotizing angiitis with granulomas. Pulmonary involvement is frequent. Asthma or other respiratory infection may precede evidence of vasculitis. Eosinophilia and lung involvement differentiate this disease from POLYARTERITIS NODOSA.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- [Churg-Strauss syndrome. Main symptoms: asthma, eosinophilia, vasculitis symptoms (especially mononeuritis multiplex)]U Kolyvanos Naumann
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:2003-10; quiz 2011-2. 2006
- Renal involvement in Churg-Strauss syndromeRenato Alberto Sinico
Dipartimento Area Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale San Carlo Borromeo, Milan, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 47:770-9. 2006..Renal involvement is not regarded as a prominent feature, and its prevalence and severity vary widely in published reports that usually refer to small series of selected patients...
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies and the Churg-Strauss syndromeRégis Sablé-Fourtassou
Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 5 Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Ann Intern Med 143:632-8. 2005..Since testing for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) became available for routine evaluation, no large homogeneous cohort of patients with the Churg-Strauss syndrome has been studied...
- Churg-Strauss syndromeImre Noth
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, and Committees on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Lancet 361:587-94. 2003..We review the epidemiological evidence for an association of drug treatment with Churg-Strauss syndrome, the diverse diagnostic and pathological criteria for this syndrome, and treatment options...
- Churg Strauss syndrome--successful induction of remission with methotrexate and unexpected high cardiac and pulmonary relapse ratio during maintenance treatmentC Metzler
Poliklinik fur Rheumatologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lübeck and Rheumaklinik Bad Bramstedt GmbH, Lubeck, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:S52-61. 2004..To examine the safety and efficacy of methotrexate (MTX) plus low-dose prednisolone for induction of remission in non life- or organ-threatening courses and for remission maintenance in Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS)...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome: outcome and long-term follow-up of 32 patientsR Solans
Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Pathology, Department of Pneumology and. Department of Preventive Medicine, , 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:763-71. 2001..Outcome and long-term survival is usually good with steroids alone or in combination with immunosuppressive agents. The syndrome has a low mortality rate compared with other systemic vasculitides...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome revealed by granulomatous acute pericarditis: two case reports and a review of the literatureC Agard
Internal Medicine, Hotel Dieu Hospital, CHU Nantes, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Semin Arthritis Rheum 36:386-91. 2007..Pericardial effusion may also occur during CSS and is usually well tolerated...
- Pathogenesis of diseases associated with antineutrophil cytoplasm autoantibodiesDominique Reumaux
Département d Hématologie Immunologie Cytogénétique, Centre Hospitalier de Valenciennes, Valenciennes, France
Hum Immunol 65:1-12. 2004..Mechanisms of neutrophil activation by ANCA include the engagement of Fcgamma receptors, the possible mechanisms of neutrophil-mediated tissue damage, and the neutrophil-endothelial interaction...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome as an unusual cause of spontaneous atraumatic intra-pericardial thrombosisE W Lau
Department of Cardiology, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 5:65-7. 2004..An unusual case of spontaneous atraumatic intra-pericardial thrombosis due to Churg-Strauss syndrome, which responded well to immunosuppressive therapy, is presented...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome with critical endomyocardial fibrosis: 10 year survival after combined surgical and medical managementC R McGavin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
Heart 87:E5. 2002..The good long term outcome is attributed to strict control of peripheral eosinophil count by oral corticosteroids. This case illustrates the damaging effects of hypereosinophilia on the heart...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome: update on clinical, laboratory and therapeutic aspectsKarina A Keogh
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 23:3-12. 2006..This review provides an update on the clinical diagnosis of Churg-Strauss syndrome in light of changing disease definitions and classifications, and focuses on evolving therapeutic approaches for this challenging systemic disorder...
- Long-term followup of polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome: analysis of four prospective trials including 278 patientsM Gayraud
H pital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:666-75. 2001..Based on these findings, we recommend that the intensity of the initial treatment be consistent with the severity of the disease. The use of the FFS and BVAS scores improved the ability to evaluate the therapeutic response...
- Churg-Strauss syndromeG Ramakrishna
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:603-13; quiz 13. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Recognition of the multiorgan manifestations of CSS is crucial to clinical management. Whether a causal relationship exists between antileukotriene antagonists and onset of CSS remains unclear...
- Churg-Strauss syndrome: clinical and serological features of 19 patients from a single Italian centreA Della Rossa
Department of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology Unit, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:1286-94. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate a small series from a single Italian centre in order to describe the clinical features of the disease, the treatment and long-term follow-up...
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated autoimmune diseases induced by antithyroid drugs: comparison with idiopathic ANCA vasculitidesBranka Bonaci-Nikolic
Institute of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1072-81. 2005..Different serological profiles could help in the differential diagnosis and adequate therapeutic approach to ANCA-positive ATD-treated patients with symptoms of systemic disease...
- The Churg Strauss syndrome (allergic granulomatous angiitis): review and updateAndy Abril
Department of Rheumatology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 33:106-14. 2003..Review the clinical and physiopathologic aspects of the Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS), including recent data regarding treatment and possible etiologic and triggering factors...
- Recent progress in the pharmacotherapy of Churg-Strauss syndromeBernhard Hellmich
Poliklinik fur Rheumatologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:25-35. 2004..As relapses occur in > 25% of all patients, studies addressing the prevention of relapses in CSS are highly desirable in the future...
- Treatment of Churg-Strauss syndrome with high-dose intravenous immunoglobulinNaomi Tsurikisawa
Clinical Research Center of Sagamihara National Hospital, Sagamihara, Kanagawa Ken, Japan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 92:80-7. 2004..In some patients with Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS), especially those with myocardial or neural involvement, conventional treatment with corticosteroids with or without cyclophosphamide is not effective...
- Vasospastic angina pectoris associated with Churg-Strauss syndromeParaskevi Petrakopoulou
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Munich, Grosshadern, Germany
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2:484-9; quiz 490. 2005..Symptoms of bronchial asthma, polyneuropathy, nasal polyps, allergic rhinitis, gastritis and eosinophilia led to a diagnosis of Churg-Strauss syndrome...
- Mechanisms of Disease: pathogenesis and treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitidesCees G M Kallenberg
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center, University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 2:661-70. 2006..Several controlled trials have led to an evidence-based approach for the treatment of ANCA-associated vasculitis, and further studies, based on new insights into pathogenesis, are in progress...
- Churg-Strauss syndromeChristian Pagnoux
Department of Internal Medicine, French Vasculitis Study Group, Centre de Référence Vascularites et Sclérodermies, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Curr Opin Rheumatol 19:25-32. 2007..The most recent clinical studies on its pathogenesis and therapeutic management are reviewed here...
- Disease of the month. The Churg Strauss SyndromeJ A Eustace
Division of Nephrology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:2048-55. 1999The Churg Strauss Syndrome is an eosinophil-associated small vessel vasculitis...
- Thoracic manifestation of Churg-Strauss syndrome: radiologic and clinical findingsY H Choi
Departments of Radiology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Choongnam, Korea
Chest 117:117-24. 2000..To describe the radiologic and clinical findings of Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS) and its thoracic manifestations...
- Churg Strauss syndrome during treatment of bronchial asthma with a leucotriene receptor antagonist presenting with polyneuropathyS Oberndorfer
Department of Neurology and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Neurooncology, Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Neurologia 19:134-8. 2004Bronchial asthma can be associated with Churg Strauss syndrome (CSS). A peripheral neuropathy may be the initial manifestation of CSS...
- [New aspects in ANCA-associated vasculitides]Peter Lamprecht
Poliklinik fur Rheumatologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, und Rheumaklinik Bad Bramstedt, Lubeck
Med Klin (Munich) 99:518-22. 2004..Data from European multicenter studies demonstrated, among other things, that azathioprine can be used for the maintenance of remission after successful induction of remission with cyclophosphamide in ANCA-associated vasculitides...
- [Churg-Strauss syndrome]François Lhote
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre Hospitalier, Saint Denis, France
Presse Med 36:875-89. 2007..4%. Relapses are frequent (25% of cases) and even after recovery from vasculitis, most patients (90%) still have asthma requiring corticosteroid treatment...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 28-2005. A 42-year-old man with weight loss, weakness, and a rashMyles Wolf
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1148-57. 2005
- Primary systemic vasculitis: clinical features and mortalityS E Lane
Department of Rheumatology, Ipswich Hospital, Heath Rd, Ipswich IP4 5PD, UK
QJM 98:97-111. 2005Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), Churg Strauss syndrome (CSS) and microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) are primary systemic vasculitides (PSV), the clinical features of which have been described from tertiary centres.
- Circulating endothelial cells in relapse and limited granulomatous disease due to ANCA associated vasculitisA Woywodt
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 65:164-8. 2006..To evaluate numbers of circulating endothelial cells (CECs) in ANCA associated vasculitis and compare vasculitic relapse with limited granulomatous disease...
- [Immunological tests: Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody]Hajime Takizawa
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 63:624-6. 2005
- [Are anti-TNFAb indicated in systemic necrotizing vasculitides?]L Guillevin
Rev Med Interne 26:769-70. 2005
- Plasmapheresis therapy for diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in patients with small-vessel vasculitisPhilip J Klemmer
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7155, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:1149-53. 2003..Unlike Goodpasture's syndrome with diffuse alveolar hemorrhage (DAH), there are few studies examining therapy for patients with DAH associated with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated small-vessel vasculitis (SVV)...
- Clinical review: Vasculitis on the intensive care unit -- part 2: treatment and prognosisDavid Semple
Worthing Hospital, Worthing, UK
Crit Care 9:193-7. 2005..However, mortality is still approximately 50% for those requiring admission to intensive care unit. Furthermore, there is a high morbidity associated with both the diseases themselves and the treatment...
- Infliximab improves endothelial dysfunction in systemic vasculitis: a model of vascular inflammationA D Booth
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Box 110, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Circulation 109:1718-23. 2004....
- Value of a new automated fluorescence immunoassay (EliA) for PR3 and MPO-ANCA in monitoring disease activity in ANCA-associated systemic vasculitisRenato Alberto Sinico
Dipartimento di Nefrologia e Immunologia, Azienda Ospedaliera, Ospedale San Carlo Borromeo, Via Pio Secondo 3, 20153 Milano, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1050:185-92. 2005..We recommend that ANCA titer be used to monitor AASV disease activity with the caveat that a few exceptions, in particular with MPO-ANCA, are possible...
- [Allergic granulomatosis angiitis]Hiroshi Hashimoto
Department of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 63:165-72. 2005
- [Pathogenesis of primary systemic vasculitides (I): ANCA-positive vasculitides]P Guilpain
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, UPRES EA 1833, site Cochin, Paris
Presse Med 34:1013-22. 2005..Eosinophils may play a key role in the development of vasculitic lesions in CSS, although this remains to be proved...
- [Vasculitis management: discovery of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA)]Loic Guillevin
Presse Med 36:843-4. 2007
- ANCA-associated vasculitis: diagnostic and therapeutic strategyShoichi Ozaki
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergol Int 56:87-96. 2007..This article describes the diagnostic criteria and the recent evidence-based therapeutic strategy of AAV...
- Therapeutic strategies for systemic necrotizing vasculitidesLoic Guillevin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, université Paris René Descartes, Paris, France
Allergol Int 56:105-11. 2007..Some of them have achieved promising positive effects, for example, anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies, and are now being evaluated in prospective trials...
- Small-vessel and medium-vessel vasculitisPhilip Seo
Johns Hopkins University and The Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:1552-9. 2007
- Recurrences and infections during continuous immunosuppressive therapy after beginning dialysis in ANCA-associated vasculitisFrauke Weidanz
Division of Immunity and Infection, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 50:36-46. 2007..It is not clear whether continuation of immunosuppression, with its associated risks, is beneficial because relapse rates after the development of ESRF are reported to be low...
- [Vasculitis from the dermatological point of view]Tamihiro Kawakami
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 30:156-64. 2007..We also suggest that CPN could be dependently associated with the presence of anti-phosphatidylserine-prothrombin complex Abs...
- Vasculitis: a collection of pearls and mythsJohn H Stone
Rheumatology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 33:691-739, v. 2007..Over time, numerous myths and occasional pearls have arisen from the care of patients with these disorders. This collection of pearls and myths gathers lessons about the status of clinical care of vasculitis patients in the year 2008...
- [A patient with Churg-Strauss syndrome presenting as Guillain-Barré syndrome]M Djukic
Klinik fur Neurologie, Georg August Universitat, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Gottingen, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 79:457-61. 2008..Early identification and treatment are essential, since early immunosuppressive therapy is often successful, whereas delayed initiation of treatment may lead to a fatal outcome...
- Incidence of ANCA-associated primary renal vasculitis in the Miyazaki Prefecture: the first population-based, retrospective, epidemiologic survey in JapanShouichi Fujimoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki University, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki gun, Miyazaki, Japan
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:1016-22. 2006..The incidence of PRV did not differ between Japan and Europe, but WG was not widespread in Japan. Furthermore, the ratio of serum MPO to PR3-ANCA among Japanese with PRV was much higher than that found among European and US patients...
- Pathogenesis of PR3-ANCA associated vasculitisC G M Kallenberg
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Autoimmun 30:29-36. 2008..ANCA directed to myeloperoxidase (MPO) are associated with microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) and the Churg Strauss syndrome. PR3-ANCA associated vasculitis differs from MPO-ANCA associated vasculitis particularly in the occurrence ..
- Pulmonary manifestations of the Churg-Strauss syndrome and related idiopathic small vessel vasculitis syndromesW Michael Alberts
Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:445-50. 2007..The former three syndromes form the basis of this review...
- [Classification of systemic vasculatides]Loic Guillevin
Centre de référence national, Plan maladies rares, vascularites et sclérodermie systémique, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Paris 5 Rene Descartes, Paris, France
Presse Med 36:845-53. 2007....
- Churg-Strauss syndromeKarina A Keogh
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 27:148-57. 2006..However, the exact role of glucocorticoid-sparing immunosuppressive agents and treatment options for refractory disease remain poorly studied...
- [Treatment of systemic vasculitides]Lïc Guillevin
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre de référence maladies rares Vascularites et Sclérodermies systémiques, Hopital Cochin, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris
Rev Prat 58:541-4. 2008..The treatment duration of non-infectious vasculitides is typically 18 to 24 months. The improvement in prognosis is due to the treatment as well as to anti-infectious prophylaxis and careful management of potential complications...
- Development and validation of a consensus methodology for the classification of the ANCA-associated vasculitides and polyarteritis nodosa for epidemiological studiesRichard Watts
Department of Rheumatology, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 66:222-7. 2007....
- [Kidney involvement in systemic necrotizing vasculitis]Dominique Chauveau
Service de Néphrologie et Immunologie Clinique, Hopital de Rangueil, Toulouse
Rev Prat 58:499-506. 2008..Maintenance of immunosuppressive therapy is required for 18 months. Twenty to 50% of the patients relapse during follow-up, and close monitoring is warranted for early detection...
- [Classification of systemic vasculitides]Loic Guillevin
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre de référence maladies rares Vascularites et Sclérodermies systémiques, Hopital Cochin, université Paris V René Descartes, Paris
Rev Prat 58:480-6. 2008....
- [Churg-Strauss syndrome--recent developments in diagnosis and treatment]B Hellmich
Rheumaklinik Bad Bramstedt, Abteilung fur Innere Medizin, Rheumatologie und Immunologie, Bad Bramstedt
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:2270-4. 2006
- [New insights into the pathogenesis of ANCA-positive vasculitides]Philippe Guilpain
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre national de références pour les vascularites systémiques et la sclérodermie systémique, Hopital Cochin, AP HP, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Presse Med 36:854-9. 2007..A pathogenic role for antiproteinase 3 antibodies has not yet been clearly established in vivo although it is well documented in vitro...
- Evaluation of a new algorithm in classification of systemic vasculitisL J Liu
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, PR China
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:708-12. 2008..for epidemiological studies. In order to evaluate this algorithm, the current study used the algorithm to reclassify the patients with AAV and PAN in our centre...
- ANCA-associated vasculitis: diagnosis, clinical characteristics and treatmentM Haubitz
Department of Nephrology, Medical School Hannover, Germany
Vasa 36:81-9. 2007..Thus cyclophosphamide is only used in patients with generalized disease or - regarding Churg-Strauss-syndrome - patients with risk factors. For maintenance of remission azathioprine should be used in most of the patients...
- [Churg-Strauss syndrome with alveolar hemorrhage]Hidekazu Matsushima
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Saitama Cardiovascular and Respiratory Center, 1696 Itai, Kohnan, Ohsato, Saitama, Japan
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 41:25-9. 2003..The patient recovered after treatment with prednisolone and cyclophosphamide. We concluded that alveolar hemorrhage due to pulmonary capillaritis could be a complication in cases of Churg-Strauss syndrome...
- Histologic and immunohistologic study and clinical presentation of ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis with correlation to ANCA antigen specificityAlenka Vizjak
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Am J Kidney Dis 41:539-49. 2003..Only a limited number of studies have systematically assessed renal pathology with respect to ANCA antigen specificity...
- An index for renal outcome in ANCA-associated glomerulonephritisClarissa E Vergunst
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 41:532-8. 2003....
- -463 G/A myeloperoxidase promoter polymorphism is associated with clinical manifestations and the course of disease in MPO-ANCA-associated vasculitisWanda F Reynolds
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Clin Immunol 103:154-60. 2002Wegener's granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg Strauss syndrome are forms of systemic vasculitides in which neutrophils and monocyte macrophages infiltrate the walls of small blood vessels, leading to destruction and ..
- The many facets of pulmonary vasculitisArnold I Levinson
Section of Allergy and Immunology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Philadelphia Veterans Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 4:886-8. 2002
- [An elderly case of microscopic polyangiitis following bronchial asthma]Masaya Oda
Department of Neurology, Mifukai Vihara Hananosato Hospital
Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi 39:209-13. 2002..The present case showed properties of both MPA and CSS...
- [Manifestations of primary vasculitis in the ENT region]J I Paulsen
, Nasen- und Ohrenheilkunde Kopf- und Halschirurgie, , Arnold-Heller-Str. 14 24105 Kiel, Germany
Z Rheumatol 60:219-25. 2001The primary ANCA associated vasculitides, Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), Churg Strauss syndrome (CSS) and microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), frequently affect the ENT region...
- Primary systemic vasculitisC Day
New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Minerva Med 92:349-63. 2001..The immunopathology of the ANCA-associated vasculitides will also be explored reviewing the roles of ANCA, neutrophils, T cells and apoptosis in the production of disease...
- Hypogalactosylation of serum IgG in patients with ANCA-associated systemic vasculitisM Holland
MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 129:183-90. 2002..Both of these activities could impact on the processing and presentation of self-antigens in autoimmune disease...
- [Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies in systemic vasculitis]Jostein Skjalg Hagemo
Norges Teknisk Naturvitenskapelige Universitet, 7489 Trodeim
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 122:1185-8. 2002..Detection of ANCA has proved to be a useful diagnostic tool for a group of systemic vasculitis, especially Wegener's granulomatosis. Both indirect immunofluorescence (IIF) and ELISA have been used to detect ANCA...
- The epidemiology of the primary systemic vasculitides in northwest Spain: implications of the Chapel Hill Consensus Conference definitionsMiguel A Gonzalez-Gay
Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 49:388-93. 2003..To assess the epidemiology of the primary systemic vasculitides (PSV) in a well-defined population of southern Europe over a 14-year period using the Chapel Hill Consensus Conference (CHCC) definitions...
- When should immunosuppressants be prescribed to treat systemic vasculitides?Loic Guillevin
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Avicenne, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Nord, Bobigny, France
Intern Med 42:313-7. 2003..In polyarteritis nodosa, Churg Strauss syndrome, and microscopic polyangiitis we have demonstrated that immunosuppressants should not be systematically ..
- [Pulmonary vasculitis]J F Cordier
Hopital Louis Pradel, Universite Claude Bernard, 69394 Lyon, France
Rev Med Interne 23:547s-548s. 2002
- Lack of association between B19 or V9 erythrovirus infection and ANCA-positive vasculitides: a case-control studyA Eden
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Avicenne, Universite Paris Nord, Unité de Recherche Clinique et Thérapeutique EA 3409, Bobigny, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:660-4. 2003..To examine the potential association of human B19 or V9 erythrovirus infection and onset of ANCA-positive vasculitides...
- Zafirlukast. A review of its pharmacology and therapeutic potential in the management of asthmaJ C Adkins
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 55:121-44. 1998..Further investigation of the efficacy of zafirlukast is expected to more clearly define its position in the management of asthma...
- Acute cholecystitis and duodenitis associated with Churg-Strauss syndromeMakoto Nishie
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Brain Science, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8216, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:998-1002. 2003....
- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseasesShadi Rashtak
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic College of edicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Dir Autoimmun 10:344-58. 2008....
- Presentation and outcome of gastrointestinal involvement in systemic necrotizing vasculitides: analysis of 62 patients with polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyangiitis, Wegener granulomatosis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, or rheumatoid arthritis-associated Christian Pagnoux
Hopital Cochin, Service de Medecine Interne, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, Paris Cedex 14, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:115-28. 2005....
- Vasculitic neuropathies: an updateKenneth C Gorson
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neurologist 13:12-9. 2007..These conditions are defined pathologically by tissue biopsy demonstrating disruption or destruction of the vessel wall with inflammatory cell infiltrates...
- New algorithm (KAWAKAMI algorithm) to diagnose primary cutaneous vasculitisTamihiro Kawakami
Department of Dermatology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
J Dermatol 37:113-24. 2010..We further propose prophylactic treatment of renal complications in patients with Henoch-Schönlein purpura...
- Eosinophilic lung diseases: a clinical, radiologic, and pathologic overviewYeon Joo Jeong
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Pusan National University Hospital, Pusan National University School of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, 1 10, Ami dong, Seo Gu, Pusan 602 739, Korea
Radiographics 27:617-37; discussion 637-9. 2007..The integration of clinical, radiologic, and pathologic findings facilitates the initial and differential diagnoses of various eosinophilic lung diseases...
- [Pregnancy and vasculitides]Christian Pagnoux
Pôle de Médecine Interne, Centre de Référence Groupe I Maladies Rares, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris Cedex 14, France
Presse Med 37:1657-65. 2008....
- Cutaneous vasculitis: diagnosis and managementJ Andrew Carlson
Division of Dermatology, Albany Medical College, MC 81, NY 12208, USA
Clin Dermatol 24:414-29. 2006....
- [Neuropathy due to necrotizing vasculitis: a study of the clinical anatomy, neurophysiological characteristics, and clinical course of the disorder in 27 patients]J Sanchez
Servicio de Neurología Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol de Badalona, Badalona, 08916, Espana
Rev Neurol 33:1033-6. 2001..Peripheral neuropathy is usually one of the initial symptoms of necrotizing vasculitis. Early diagnosis is essential for good prognosis...
- Ankle-brachial pressure index: a simple tool for assessing cardiovascular risk in patients with systemic vasculitisS R Sangle
The Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1058-60. 2008..Our aim was to determine the prevalence of an abnormal ABPI in patients with SV and healthy controls and to correlate with clinical and serological parameters...
- Respiratory system involvement in antineutrophil cytoplasmic-associated systemic vasculitides: clinical, pathological, radiological and therapeutic considerationsAlberto Pesci
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia e Scienze della Prevenzione dell Università degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Drugs R D 8:25-42. 2007....
- Eosinophilic lung diseases: diagnostic accuracy of thin-section CT in 111 patientsT Johkoh
Dept of Radiology, Osaka Univ Medical School, Suita, Japan
Radiology 216:773-80. 2000..To determine whether various eosinophilic lung diseases can be differentiated by means of thin-section computed tomography (CT)...
- Reduced IgG levels found during acute eosinophilic pneumonia, which normalize during recovery from diseaseOsamu Matsuno
Division of Respiratory Disease, Department of Brain and Nerve, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Yufu City, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Respir Med 102:899-903. 2008..The pathogenesis of AEP might negatively affect serum IgG levels, but not IgE levels. The present findings might indicate that serum IgG reflects the inflammatory response in AEP...
- Vasculitis of the central nervous systemJ M Ferro
Hospital Santa Maria, Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa, Portugal
J Neurol 245:766-76. 1998..There are few controlled studies on the treatment of vasculitis. Usually a combination of steroids and cytotoxic drugs is used, but there is considerable variation between centres on current therapeutic regimens...
- Chorea in a child with Churg-Strauss syndromeAline O Twardowsky
Division of Rheumatology and Pediatric Rheumatology Unit, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Reumatol Port 35:72-5. 2010..During a 25-year period 5283 patients were followed up at the Pediatric Rheumatology Unit of our University Hospital and only one (0.02%) presented CSS...
- Analyzing fatal cases of Chinese patients with primary antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies-associated renal vasculitis: a 10-year retrospective studyYong Xi Chen
Department of Nephrology, Shanghai Ruijin Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Kidney Blood Press Res 31:343-9. 2008..Few studies have been published focusing on AASV patients with poor prognosis...
- Antibodies to selected minor target antigens in patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA)M V Talor
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 150:42-8. 2007..While the pathophysiological significance of antibodies to minor target antigens needs further evaluation, they may be markers of inflammation associated with disease processes...
- Immunosuppressive therapy and clinical evolution in forty-nine patients with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated glomerulonephritisE Kokolina
Department of Nephrology, Aristotle University, Hippokration General Hospital, 13 Kath Rossidou Str, 54655 Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1051:597-605. 2005..Induction therapy with MP and CP seems to be the regimen of choice in patients with ANCA-associated glomerulonephritis. Early diagnosis and therapy institution as well as long-term treatment lead to acceptable renal survival...
- Analysis of risk epitopes of anti-neutrophil antibody MPO-ANCA in vasculitis in Japanese populationKazuo Suzuki
Laboratory of Biodefense, Department of Bioactive Molecules, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 51:1215-20. 2007..In particular, vasculitic syndromes associated with kidney involvement had similar epitopic reactivity which suggests that this pattern confers an increased risk of vasculitis...
- Are environmental factors important in primary systemic vasculitis? A case-control studySuzanne E Lane
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK
Arthritis Rheum 48:814-23. 2003..To investigate the association between primary systemic vasculitis (PSV) and environmental risk factors...
- Establishment of experimental eosinophilic vasculitis by IgE-mediated cutaneous reverse passive arthus reactionTakayuki Ishii
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 8641, Japan
Am J Pathol 174:2225-33. 2009..The IgE-mediated cutaneous reverse passive Arthus reaction may serve as an experimental model for cutaneous eosinophilic infiltration in vasculitis as well as in other diseases...
- ANCA associated pauci-immune retinal vasculitisM J Gallagher
Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow G12 9TA, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 89:608-11. 2005....
- Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody pathogenesis in small-vessel vasculitis: an updateJosé A Gómez-Puerta
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 175:1790-8. 2009..Understanding the key pathogenic mechanisms of AAV may provide a safer, more rational therapeutic approach than the traditional (ie, corticosteroids and immunosuppressants) treatment strategy...
- Transient left ventricular dysfunction in Churg Strauss syndrome: a case reportIoannis Vlahodimitris
Cardiac Department, Laiko General Hospital of Athens, 17 Agiou Thomas St GR 15727 Goudi, Athens, Greece
Cases J 2:6564. 2009..In conclusion our case is a typical Churg Strauss Syndrome with characteristic myocardial involvement which improved after corticosteroid treatment...
- Hepatitis C virus infection with and without cryoglobulinemia as a case of Churg-Strauss syndromeP Mercie
Clinique de médecine interne et maladies infectieuses, Hopital Haut Leveque, Pessac, France
J Rheumatol 27:814-7. 2000..These observations suggest that IFN-alpha therapy may be effective against CSS in HCV infected patients with or without cryoglobulinemia...
- What is new with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies: diagnostic, pathogenetic and therapeutic implicationsC G Kallenberg
Department of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 8:307-15. 1999..New treatment regimens, based on new pathogenetic concepts, are currently being tested...
- Diagnostic performance of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody tests for idiopathic vasculitides: metaanalysis with a focus on antimyeloperoxidase antibodiesH K Choi
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Rheumatol 28:1584-90. 2001..To summarize the pertinent data, we conducted a metaanalysis examining the diagnostic value of ANCA testing systems that include assays for anti-MPO...
- Kampo medicines improved blood test and QOL in two vasculitis cases of Churg-Strauss syndrome and Henoch-Shönlein purpura after inadequate treatment with conventional therapiesYasuyo Hijikata
Toyodo Hijikata Clinic, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gen Med 3:93-9. 2010..Two vasculitis syndrome patients exhibited persistent symptoms and abnormal blood tests after treatment with conventional therapies...
- Anti- IL5 therapy for Churg-Strauss Syndrome: a double blind randomized, placebo-Michael E Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Anti IL5 and Churg Strauss Syndrome: a double blind, placebo controlled trialMichael E Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Adaption and Validation of PROMIS for use in VasculitisPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- NEUTROPHIL AUTOANTIBODIES IN VASCULITIS AND NEPHRITISRonald Falk; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Role of DPPI & Serine Proteases in Inflammatory DiseasesChristine Pham; Fiscal Year: 2007..several smallvessel vasculitides, including Wegener's granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg Strauss syndrome. In 90% of the cases, ANCAs are directed against myeloperoxidase (MPO) or PR3, although ANCAs specific for ..
- The Reliability of the Placebo Effect in AsthmaMichael Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polymorphisms of Neural NOS and the Asthma PhenotypeMichael Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- GLYCOLIPID E-SELECTIN LIGANDS ON HUMAN GRANULOCYTESBruce Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Knowledge gained from these studies will advance the design of improved anti-inflammatory drugs, and our understanding of the physiological roles of glycosphingolipids in leukocyte adhesion. ..
- Tissue-Specific Mechanisms of Allergic InflammationBruce Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2004..We expect that the results of these studies will be of great relevance to human disease pathogenesis and the development of new therapeutics. ..
- Transcellular Communication in Airway Inflammation and Airway HyperresponsivenessALAN RICHARD LEFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data derived from these studies should elucidate a new endogenous mechanism of transcellular communication that initiates airway inflammation and AHR. ..
- B Cell Superantigen Immune Complex Tissue InflammationArnold Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- THERAPY IN DIALYSIS HYPOALBUMINEMIA AND HOMOCYSTEINEMIAJoseph Eustace; Fiscal Year: 2004..Eustace to build on his current theoretical knowledge, make the transition into an independent clinical scientist and prepare him for a career investigating the role of nutrition in renal disease. ..
- Development of Autoimmunity During Puberty in SLEKATHLEEN O NEIL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data from this study will allow us to estimate sample size and perform power analyses for a larger study utilizing all CARRA centers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intrathymic Pathogenesis of Myasthenia GravisArnold Levinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies provide a novel approach to elucidate the role of the thymus in the pathogenesis of MG. ..
- Involvement of Myeloperoxidase in AtherosclerosisWanda Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will reveal if MPO-generated oxidants promote atherosclerosis in mouse models, thereby humanizing existing mouse models, and enabling investigations of the role of MPO-mediated oxidation in atherosclerosis. ..
- MECHANISMS OF AIRWAY HYPERRESPONSIVENESSAlan Leff; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data derived from these studies will elucidate potential cell-cell interaction as well as newly defined mechanisms regulating synthesis of bronchoactive eicosanoids. ..
- Vestibular Pathology in Meniere's DiseaseAkira Ishiyama; Fiscal Year: 2007..or with alterations in neuronal number or size? 6) What are the morphometric correlates to abnormalities on traditional vestibular testing: caloric paresis, and decreased gain and time constant on step rotational testing? ..
- Adhesion Molecule Biology in Allergic CellsBruce Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..