Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of a blood vessel.
Publications432 found, 100 shown here
- Regulatory T-cell responses to low-dose interleukin-2 in HCV-induced vasculitisDavid Saadoun
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Université Paris 06, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 365:2067-77. 2011Patients with vasculitis induced by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) have reduced levels of regulatory T cells (Tregs). Resolution of HCV infection correlates with cure of vasculitis and the recovery of Treg levels...
- Detection of WA B cells in hepatitis C virus infection: a potential prognostic marker for cryoglobulinemic vasculitis and B cell malignanciesGlenn B Knight
Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:2152-9. 2010An uncommon manifestation of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is systemic vasculitis associated with type II cryoglobulinemia (cryoglobulinemic vasculitis), a proliferative B cell disorder that transforms into B cell malignancy in 5-10% ..
- EULAR recommendations for the management of primary small and medium vessel vasculitisC Mukhtyar
University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 68:310-7. 2009To develop European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) recommendations for the management of small and medium vessel vasculitis.
- Increased serum levels of the chemokine CXCL13 and up-regulation of its gene expression are distinctive features of HCV-related cryoglobulinemia and correlate with active cutaneous vasculitisDomenico Sansonno
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Blood 112:1620-7. 2008..The highest CXCL13 levels strongly correlated with active cutaneous vasculitis. CXCL13 gene expression in portal tracts, isolated from liver biopsy tissues with laser capture microdissection, ..
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (rituximab) treatment for cryoglobulinemic vasculitis: where do we stand?P Cacoub
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:283-7. 2008Mixed cryoglobulinemia (MC) vasculitis represents a complication of the B cell response to a variety of chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Translational mini-review series on immunology of vascular disease: mechanisms of vascular inflammation and remodelling in systemic vasculitisN Maugeri
H San Raffaele Scientific Institute and Università Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Olgettina, Milano, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 156:395-404. 2009..These advances have provided clues to the molecular mechanisms underlying the vicious circle that maintains and amplifies vessel and tissue injury...
- Hepatitis C virus, cryoglobulinaemia, and vasculitis: immune complex relationsDomenico Sansonno
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Lancet Infect Dis 5:227-36. 2005..C virus (HCV) has been shown to be closely related to mixed cryoglobulinaemia, an immune complex-mediated vasculitis. HCV particles and non-enveloped nucleocapsid protein participate in the formation of immune complexes...
- 18F-FDG PET as a diagnostic procedure in large vessel vasculitis-a controlled, blinded re-examination of routine PET scansPetra Lehmann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Medical Center Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Rheumatol 30:37-42. 2011Large vessel vasculitis can be visualized by 18F-FDG positron emission tomography (PET). However, the diagnostic value of 18F-FDG PET is yet to be determined...
- Whole-body fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography in patients with active polymyalgia rheumatica: evidence for distinctive bursitis and large-vessel vasculitisHiroyuki Yamashita
Division of Rheumatic Diseases, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:705-11. 2012....
- 11β-HSD1 inhibition reduces atherosclerosis in mice by altering proinflammatory gene expression in the vasculatureMingjuan J Luo
Cardiovascular Disease Department, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ, USA
Physiol Genomics 45:47-57. 2013..Taken together, our data suggest 11β-HSD1 inhibition regulates proinflammatory gene expression in atherosclerotic tissues of ApoE-/- mice, and this effect may contribute to the attenuation of atherosclerosis in these animals...
- Cyclophosphamide and 4-hydroxycyclophosphamide pharmacokinetics in patients with glomerulonephritis secondary to lupus and small vessel vasculitisMelanie S Joy
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, UNC Kidney Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 74:445-55. 2012..The pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and 4-hydroxycyclophosphamide were evaluated. The influence of laboratory and pharmacogenomic covariates on pharmacokinetics was evaluated as a secondary aim...
- Vasculitis-like syndrome associated with Borrelia lusitaniae infectionI Lopes de Carvalho
Center for Vector and Infectious Diseases Research, Instituto Nacional de Saude Dr Ricardo Jorge, Lisbon, Portugal
Clin Rheumatol 27:1587-91. 2008We report the isolation of Borrelia lusitaniae from a 13-year-old female child presenting with a vasculitis syndrome. The patient was treated with doxycycline, 100 mg bid for 20 days, and is in remission after a follow-up of 2 years...
- VasculitisCarol A Langford
Center for Vasculitis Care and Research, Department of Rheumatic and Immunologic Diseases, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:S216-25. 2010b>Vasculitis is defined by the presence of blood vessel inflammation...
- Manifestations of chronic hepatitis C virus infection beyond the liverIra M Jacobson
Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:1017-29. 2010..Extrahepatic manifestations include mixed cryoglobulinemia (MC) vasculitis, lymphoproliferative disorders, renal disease, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, sicca syndrome, rheumatoid ..
- Intravascular glucocorticoid metabolism during inflammation and injury in miceAnna R Dover
Clinical Lecturer, Endocrinology Unit, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, Scotland, UK
Endocrinology 148:166-72. 2007..We conclude that increased generation of glucocorticoids by 11betaHSD1 in the murine vessel wall is unlikely to contribute to feedback regulation of inflammation...
- Morphologic features and development of granulomatous vasculitis in feline infectious peritonitisA Kipar
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ, UK
Vet Pathol 42:321-30. 2005..coronavirus (CoV)-induced systemic disease in cats, characterized by granulomas in organs and granulomatous vasculitis. This study describes the morphologic features of granulomatous vasculitis in FIP as well as its development in ..
- Kawasaki Disease updateJane C Burns
Department of Pediatrics, UCSD School of Medicine, Rady Children s Hospital, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Indian J Pediatr 76:71-6. 2009..New treatments aimed at modifying the host immune response are currently under study. The genetic influence on susceptibility and disease outcome is an area of active research...
- Role of imaging studies in the diagnosis and follow-up of large-vessel vasculitis: an updateN Pipitone
Rheumatology Department, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Viale Risorgimento, 80, I 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:403-8. 2008..Imaging procedures can also be used to monitor the disease course. However, imaging signs of inflammation may sometimes persist despite clinical remission and, conversely, seemingly unaffected vessels may develop alterations later on...
- Transendothelial migration of lymphocytes mediated by intraendothelial vesicle stores rather than by extracellular chemokine depotsZiv Shulman
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Nat Immunol 13:67-76. 2012..Thus, effector T lymphocytes can cross inflamed barriers through contact-guided consumption of intraendothelial chemokines without surface-deposited chemokines or extraendothelial chemokine gradients...
- Clinical trial of doxycycline for matrix metalloproteinase-9 inhibition in patients with an abdominal aneurysm: doxycycline selectively depletes aortic wall neutrophils and cytotoxic T cellsJan H N Lindeman
Department of Vascular Surgery, K6R, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Circulation 119:2209-16. 2009..We thus hypothesized that doxycycline acts through an effect on vascular inflammation...
- Pulmonary vasculitisKevin K Brown
Pulmonary Division, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:48-57. 2006Pulmonary vasculitis describes a number of distinct disorders that are pathologically characterized by the destruction of blood vessels...
- Evaluation of D-dimer serum levels among patients with chronic urticaria, psoriasis and urticarial vasculitisPaulo Ricardo Criado
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 88:355-60. 2013..We performed a transversal and case-control study of patients with chronic urticaria and patients with psoriasis, in our outpatient clinic to evaluate the production of D-dimer...
- Complement activation is involved in renal damage in human antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody associated pauci-immune vasculitisGuang qun Xing
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Peking University, Key Laboratory of Renal Disease, Ministry of Health of China, Beijing 100034, China
J Clin Immunol 29:282-91. 2009This study was to investigate the evidence for complement activation in renal biopsy specimens of patients with myeloperoxidase (MPO)-antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated pauci-immune vasculitis.
- Long-term follow-up of relapsing/refractory anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody associated vasculitis treated with the lymphocyte depleting antibody alemtuzumab (CAMPATH-1H)M Walsh
Vasculitis Clinic, Box 118, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1322-7. 2008Lymphocytes are a contributor to the pathogenesis of anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody (ANCA) associated vasculitis (AASV). Conventional immunosuppressive therapy is associated with high rates of relapse and toxicity...
- Usefulness of whole-body fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in patients with large-vessel vasculitis: a systematic reviewGiorgio Treglia
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Positron Emission Tomography Centre, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Gemelli 8, Rome, 00168, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 30:1265-75. 2011..and PET/computed tomography (PET/CT) with fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) in patients with large-vessel vasculitis (LVV)...
- A novel enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay using a mixture of human native and recombinant proteinase-3 significantly improves the diagnostic potential for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitisJ Damoiseaux
Department of Clinical and Experimental Immunology, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 68:228-33. 2009Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) with a C-ANCA or P-ANCA pattern are detected in ANCA-associated vasculitis (AAV)...
- The impact of 18F-FDG PET on the management of patients with suspected large vessel vasculitisMartin Fuchs
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 39:344-53. 2012We aimed to assess the impact of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) on the management of patients with suspected large vessel vasculitis.
- De novo donor-specific antibody at the time of kidney transplant biopsy associates with microvascular pathology and late graft failureL G Hidalgo
Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Am J Transplant 9:2532-41. 2009..We propose careful assessment of de novo DSA, particularly against class II, be performed in all late kidney transplant biopsies...
- Long-term observation of patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis treated with rituximabR Stasi
Department of Medical Sciences, Regina Apostolorum Hospital, Via San Francesco, 50, 00041 Albano Laziale, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1432-6. 2006..We prospectively studied the long-term effects of rituximab in 10 patients with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-positive vasculitis refractory to conventional therapy (n=3) or in second or subsequent relapse (n=7).
- Increase of circulating neutrophil and platelet microparticles during acute vasculitis and hemodialysisL Daniel
Department of Pathology, CHU Timone and EA 3281, IFR 125, Faculty of Medicine, Marseille, France
Kidney Int 69:1416-23. 2006..They are here investigated in common nephropathies including vasculitis and dialysis, two conditions characterized by neutrophil activation...
- Circulating endothelial cells as markers for ANCA-associated small-vessel vasculitisAlexander Woywodt
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hannover Medical School, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Lancet 361:206-10. 2003Histological findings in small-vessel vasculitis associated with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCAs) suggest that damaged endothelial cells undergo necrosis and detachment from the basement membrane...
- Magnetic resonance angiography in extracranial giant cell arteritisMarcel Koenigkam-Santos
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Rheumatol 17:306-10. 2011..Noninvasive diagnosis of giant cell arteritis (GCA) remains challenging, particularly with regard to evaluation of extracranial arterial disease...
- Evaluation of the FIDIS vasculitis multiplex immunoassay for diagnosis and follow-up of ANCA-associated vasculitis and Goodpasture's diseaseJ Damoiseaux
Department of Clinical and Experimental Immunology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1109:454-63. 2007We have evaluated a new-multiplex immunoassay (FIDIS Vasculitis) for simultaneous detection and quantification of anti-MPO, -PR3, and -glomerular basement membrane (GBM) antibodies in diagnosis and follow-up of ANCA-associated ..
- Modification and validation of the Birmingham Vasculitis Activity Score (version 3)C Mukhtyar
University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LD, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1827-32. 2009Comprehensive multisystem clinical assessment using the Birmingham Vasculitis Activity score (BVAS) is widely used in therapeutic studies of systemic vasculitis. Extensive use suggested a need to revise the instrument...
- Follow-up of avidity and titer of anti-myeloperoxidase antibodies in sera from patients with primary ANCA-associated vasculitisWei Lin
Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Nephrology, Peking University, Ministry of Health of China, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Autoimmunity 42:198-202. 2009Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) are important serologic markers for ANCA-associated vasculitis (AAV)...
- Involvement of the heart by small and medium vessel vasculitisGarvan C Kane
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:29-34. 2009The heart may be involved in many different ways by the systemic vasculitides. In this review, we focus on recently described diagnostic and therapeutic issues in small and medium vessel vasculitis of the heart.
- The antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitidesPhilip Seo
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Med 117:39-50. 2004..Distinguishing the ANCA-associated vasculitides from other forms of vasculitis or nonvasculitic processes (such as infection) can be particularly difficult...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha blockade and the risk of vasculitisLoic Guillevin
J Rheumatol 31:1885-7. 2004
- Plasmapheresis therapy for diffuse alveolar hemorrhage in patients with small-vessel vasculitisPhilip J Klemmer
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7155, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:1149-53. 2003Unlike Goodpasture's syndrome with diffuse alveolar hemorrhage (DAH), there are few studies examining therapy for patients with DAH associated with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated small-vessel vasculitis (SVV).
- Evaluation of a multiplex flow cytometric immunoassay to detect PR3- and MPO-ANCA in active and treated vasculitis, and in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)Michelle Trevisin
Pathology Department, Austin Health, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
J Immunol Methods 336:104-12. 2008..Sera were from patients with active (n=55) or treated (n=68) small vessel vasculitis, or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD, n=22)...
- Sjögren syndrome associated with hepatitis C virus: a multicenter analysis of 137 casesManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:81-9. 2005..presented a systemic process with diverse extraglandular manifestations, with articular involvement (44%), vasculitis (20%), and neuropathy (16%) being the most frequent features observed...
- Vasculitis in children and adolescents: clinical presentation, etiopathogenesis, and treatmentKjell Tullus
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Paediatr Drugs 11:375-80. 2009..KD is the most common vasculitis in infants and the development of coronary artery aneurysms is the major complication...
- Clinical and histologic determinants of renal outcome in ANCA-associated vasculitis: A prospective analysis of 100 patients with severe renal involvementRobert A F de Lind van Wijngaarden
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2264-74. 2006..to identify clinical and histologic prognostic indicators of renal outcome in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis and severe renal involvement (serum creatinine >500 micromol/L)...
- [Vasculitis and vasculopathy]Asjastipić Marković
Sveti Duh University Hospital, Department of Clinical Immunology, Pulmonology and Rheumatology, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 66:19-24. 2012..b>Vasculitis denotes a heterogeneous group of clinical entities which all are characterized by the inflammatory process of ..
- ANCA-associated vasculitis: diagnostic and therapeutic strategyShoichi Ozaki
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergol Int 56:87-96. 2007..granulomatosis (WG), and allergic granulomatous angiitis (AGA) are known collectively as ANCA-associated vasculitis (AAV) because of the involvement of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) as the common pathogenesis...
- Paraneoplastic vasculitis and paraneoplastic vascular syndromesGionata Buggiani
University Unit of Dermatology, University of Florence School of Medicine, Florence, Italy
Dermatol Ther 23:597-605. 2010..migrant thrombophlebitis and blood hypercoagulability can be seen, whereas in case of hematological neoplasms, vasculitis, and erythromelalgia can occur...
- The surgical pathology of pulmonary infarcts: diagnostic confusion with granulomatous disease, vasculitis, and neoplasiaSamuel A Yousem
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Mod Pathol 22:679-85. 2009....
- Management of noninfectious mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis: data from 242 cases included in the CryoVas surveyBenjamin Terrier
Department of Internal Medicine, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Blood 119:5996-6004. 2012Data on the clinical spectrum and therapeutic management of noninfectious mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis (CryoVas) in the era of hepatitis C virus screening are lacking...
- Characteristic purpura of the ears, vasculitis, and neutropenia--a potential public health epidemic associated with levamisole-adulterated cocaineCatherine Chung
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 65:722-5. 2011..Levamisole-induced vasculitis and neutropenia has been reported elsewhere in the United States and Canada...
- Comparison of disease activity measures for anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitisP A Merkel
Vasculitis Center, E5, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, Boston, Massachussets, 02118, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 68:103-6. 2009..disease activity and extent in clinical trials of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis, leading to division among investigative groups and difficulty comparing study results...
- Epidemiology of systemic vasculitisSuzanne E Lane
Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, Heath Rd, Ipswich, IP4 5PD, UK
Curr Rheumatol Rep 7:270-5. 2005..No definite trigger factors have been found, but KD has been linked to infection, house dust mite and chemicals, and Henoch-Schonlein purpura to a pesticide and drugs...
- The infectious etiology of vasculitisMerav Lidar
Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Rheumatology Unit, Sheba Medical Center SMC, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Autoimmunity 42:432-8. 2009..in mixed cryoglobulinemia is clearly established, evidence for the association of other infectious agents with vasculitis, including human immunodeficiency virus, parvovirus B19, cytomegalovirus, varicella zoster virus, Staphylococcus ..
- Chronic periaortitis: a large-vessel vasculitis?Augusto Vaglio
Department of Clinical Medicine and Nephrology, University Hospital of Parma, Italy
Curr Opin Rheumatol 23:1-6. 2011..This article reviews the issue of large-vessel involvement in chronic periaortitis and its implications in the pathogenesis and nosography of the disease...
- Silica exposure in anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated glomerulonephritis and lupus nephritisS L Hogan
Department of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599-7155, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:134-42. 2001Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated small-vessel vasculitis (SVV) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) are rare diseases with unknown causes...
- Prognostic factors for hospital mortality and ICU admission in patients with ANCA-related pulmonary vasculitisFernando Holguin
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:321-6. 2008The objective of this study was to evaluate the factors predictive of 28-day mortality and admission to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in patients with ANCA-related pulmonary vasculitis.
- Hepatitis C virus-associated extrahepatic manifestations: a reviewDamien Sene
Department of Internal Medicine, Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Metab Brain Dis 19:357-81. 2004..The other diseases include noncryoglobulinemic systemic vasculitis, splenic lymphoma with villous lymphocytes, fatigue, porphyria cutanea tarda, sicca syndrome, and autoantibodies ..
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies specific for myeloperoxidase cause glomerulonephritis and vasculitis in miceHong Xiao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 110:955-63. 2002..80% of patients with pauci-immune necrotizing and crescentic glomerulonephritis and systemic small vessel vasculitis, such as microscopic polyangiitis and Wegener granulomatosis...
- Levamisole-induced occlusive necrotizing vasculitis of the ears after use of cocaine contaminated with levamisoleJennie A Buchanan
Department of Emergency Medicine, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, 777 Bannock St MC 0108, Denver, CO, USA
J Med Toxicol 7:83-4. 2011..susceptible to fulminate and opportunistic infections and also can cause a debilitating cutaneous necrotizing vasculitis. In this manuscript, we describe a case and provide an image of levamisole-induced necrotizing vasculitis of the ..
- Serial ANCA determinations for monitoring disease activity in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis: systematic reviewRainer Birck
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 47:15-23. 2006..Studies using serial ANCA monitoring in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis (AASV) have yielded controversial results during the last 15 years...
- Effects of duration of glucocorticoid therapy on relapse rate in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis: A meta-analysisMichael Walsh
Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1166-73. 2010Disease relapses are common for patients with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis (AAV). The role of low-dose glucocorticoids (GC) in relapse prevention is controversial...
- When to suspect pulmonary vasculitis: radiologic and clinical cluesEva Castañer
Department of Radiology, SDI UDIAT CD, Institut Universitari Parc Tauli UAB, Corporacio Parc Tauli, Parc Tauli s n, Sabadell, Spain
Radiographics 30:33-53. 2010b>Vasculitis is an inflammatory destructive process affecting blood vessels. Pulmonary vasculitis may be secondary to other conditions or constitute a primary, and in most cases idiopathic, disorder...
- Elevated serum levels of macrophage migration inhibitory factor and their significant correlation with rheumatoid vasculitis disease activityKuninobu Wakabayashi
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:59-65. 2012..to be an important mediator in several inflammatory disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and vasculitis. To evaluate the role of MIF in rheumatoid vasculitis (RV), we determined serum levels of MIF by enzyme-linked ..
- Nomenclature and classification of vasculitis: lessons learned from granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's granulomatosis)J C Jennette
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 164:7-10. 2011..This term also is in accord with the name for a closely related vasculitis, i.e. microscopic polyangiitis...
- Occult hepatitis C virus infection revisited with ultrasensitive real-time PCR assayPhilippe Halfon
Laboratoire Alphabio, 23 Rue de Friedland, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 13006 Marseille, France
J Clin Microbiol 46:2106-8. 2008..infection cannot be found in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with cryptogenic liver diseases, HCV--associated systemic vasculitis, or connective tissue diseases. The significance of such occult infection must be elucidated.
- Malignancy is increased in ANCA-associated vasculitisT Pankhurst
Division of Medical Sciences, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:1532-5. 2004In the light of previous reports of an association between malignancy and renal vasculitis, we aimed to investigate the association of malignancy in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis, either Wegener's ..
- Cutaneous vasculitis in primary Sjögren syndrome: classification and clinical significance of 52 patientsManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:96-106. 2004To analyze the different clinical and histologic types of cutaneous vasculitis in patients with primary Sjögren syndrome (SS), we investigated the clinical and immunologic characteristics of 558 consecutive patients with primary SS from ..
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated vasculitis in older patientsMin Chen
Department of Medicine, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 87:203-9. 2008Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV) is increasingly recognized in older patients. The differences in disease presentation and outcome between older and younger patients remain controversial...
- Surrogate markers of B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in patients with hepatitis C virus-related cryoglobulinaemia vasculitisGuillaume Geri
Service de Médecine Interne II, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 69:2177-80. 2010To evaluate clinical and biological surrogate markers associated with the presence of B cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (B-NHL) in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) with mixed cryoglobulinaemia (MC) vasculitis.
- Thromboembolic disease in vasculitisGunnar Tomasson
The Vasculitis Center, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:41-6. 2009To give an overview of recent clinical findings of thromboembolic disease in vasculitis and provide insight into possible explanations of the association between thrombosis and inflammation.
- Intracellular cytokine production in ANCA-associated vasculitis: low levels of interleukin-10 in remission are associated with a higher relapse rate in the long-term follow-upZdenka Hruskova
Department of Nephrology, 1st Faculty of Medicine and General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Arch Med Res 40:276-84. 2009..response likely plays a role in the pathogenesis of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV), but it has not yet been fully established...
- Alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced vasculitis by down-regulating endothelial cell adhesion molecule expressionT E Scholzen
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cell Biology and Immunobiology of the Skin, University of Munster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Endocrinology 144:360-70. 2003..Importantly in vivo, in murine LPS-induced cutaneous vasculitis (local Shwartzman reaction), a single ip injection of alpha-MSH significantly suppressed the deleterious ..
- Infliximab efficacy and safety against refractory systemic necrotising vasculitides: long-term follow-up of 15 patientsL Josselin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, 27, rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75679 Paris Cedex 14, France
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1343-6. 2008..However, its safety and ability to induce and maintain remission over the long term remain unknown...
- Sustained exacerbation of cryoglobulinaemia-related vasculitis following treatment of hepatitis C with peginterferon alfaDominique Batisse
Service d immunologie clinique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:701-3. 2004..with HCV-related cirrhosis and cryoglobulinaemia who presented with an acute and long-lasting exacerbation of vasculitis during treatment with peginterferon...
- Cutaneous sinus histiocytosis (Rosai-Dorfman disease) presenting clinically as vasculitisCatherine M Stefanato
Dermatopathology Section, Boston University School of Medicine and Department of Dermatology, MA, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:775-8. 2002..into pruritic papulopetechial and purpuric lesions on the back and lower extremities, diagnosed clinically as a vasculitis. The patient's lesions cleared spontaneously with no recurrence...
- Pathogenesis of antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody vasculitisJ Charles Jennette
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7525, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 20:263-70. 2011Antineutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies (ANCAs) are associated with vasculitis. Current therapy involves administration of toxic therapy that is not optimally effective...
- Histopathological features of murine systemic vasculitis caused by Candida albicans extract--an animal model of Kawasaki diseaseK Takahashi
Department of Pathology, Ohashi Hospital, Toho University School of Medicine, 2 17 6, Ohashi, Meguro, Tokyo, 153 8515, Japan
Inflamm Res 53:72-7. 2004We examined the histopathological features of systemic vasculitis caused in mice by injection of a Candida albicans ( C. albicans) extract and investigated the principal genetic roles in the development of vasculitis.
- Increased circulating levels of proteinase 3 in patients with anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmic autoantibodies-associated systemic vasculitis in remissionS Ohlsson
Department of Nephrology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 131:528-35. 2003..PR3 was significantly raised (P < 0.0001) in vasculitis patients (median 560 micro g/l, range 110-3,940, n = 59) compared with healthy blood donors (350 micro g/l, 110-..
- The histological assessment of cutaneous vasculitisJ Andrew Carlson
Department of Pathology, Divisions of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Histopathology 56:3-23. 2010b>Vasculitis is defined as inflammation directed at vessels, which compromises or destroys the vessel wall leading to haemorrhagic and/or ischaemic events...
- Progress in pediatric vasculitisKATHLEEN M O'NEIL
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:538-46. 2009To examine recent advances in the pathophysiology and therapy of pediatric vasculitis.
- Treatment of refractory Churg-Strauss-Syndrome (CSS) by TNF-alpha blockadeOlga Arbach
Clinic for Rheumatology, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Immunobiology 206:496-501. 2002..The BVAS 1 markedly improved after additional treatment with TNF-alpha blockers...
- Microscopic polyangiitis presenting as a "pulmonary-muscle" syndrome: is subclinical alveolar hemorrhage the mechanism of pulmonary fibrosis?Julius Birnbaum
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:2065-71. 2007..Identification of vasculitis on muscle biopsy was instrumental in recognizing clinical, radiographic, and histopathologic features that were ..
- Predominance of type 1 (Th1) cytokine production in the liver of patients with HCV-associated mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitisDavid Saadoun
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
J Hepatol 41:1031-7. 2004Patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) mixed cryoglobulinemia (MC) vasculitis have a higher mortality rate and more frequent incidence of cirrhosis than their cryoglobulin-negative counterparts...
- High-mobility group box-1 protein (HMGB1) is increased in antineutrophilic cytoplasmatic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis with renal manifestationsAnnette Bruchfeld
Department of Renal Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Med 17:29-35. 2011..In antineutrophilic cytoplasmatic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV), the kidneys are commonly affected vital organs, characterized by focal necrotizing and/or crescentic ..
- A multicenter survey of rituximab therapy for refractory antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitisRachel B Jones
Renal Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:2156-68. 2009..has allowed remissions in relapsing or refractory antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis in small studies...
- Pulse versus daily oral cyclophosphamide for induction of remission in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis: a randomized trialKirsten de Groot
Klinikum Offenbach, Offenbach, Germany
Ann Intern Med 150:670-80. 2009Current therapies for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis are limited by toxicity.
- Azathioprine or methotrexate maintenance for ANCA-associated vasculitisChristian Pagnoux
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 359:2790-803. 2008..However, azathioprine and methotrexate have not been compared with regard to safety and efficacy...
- Antiendothelial cells autoantibodies in vasculitis-associated systemic diseasesPhilippe Guilpain
Faculty of Medicine, Paris Descartes University, UPRES EA, Paris, France
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 35:59-65. 2008..AECA might contribute to the pathogenesis of systemic vasculitides and vasculitis-associated diseases through (1) activation of endothelial cells (EC), (2) direct cytotoxic effect due to ..
- Cytomegalovirus vasculitis and mucormycosis coinfection in late-stage HIV/AIDSJyoti S Samant
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Mercer University, School of Medicine, Macon, Georgia 31201, USA
Am J Med Sci 333:122-4. 2007..We describe the first case of CMV vasculitis and mucormycosis coinfection resulting in necrotizing myofascial cellulitis in an extremity in late stage HIV/..
- Experimental autoimmune vasculitis: an animal model of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated systemic vasculitisMark A Little
Renal Section, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London W12 0NN, UK
Am J Pathol 174:1212-20. 2009The morbidity burden associated with anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody-associated vasculitis is increasing, and many novel biological therapies are now entering the drug development pipeline...
- Pulmonary manifestations of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-positive vasculitisD R Thickett
Lung Injury and Fibrosis Treatment Programme, Department of Medical Sciences, Division of Infection and Immunity, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:261-8. 2006
- Establishment of a pilot pediatric registry for chronic vasculitis is both essential and feasible: a Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Alliance (CARRA) surveyNicholas M R Wilkinson
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Paediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Rheumatol 34:224-6. 2007To identify the need for, and feasibility of, establishing a web-based USA/Canadian registry of children with chronic systemic vasculitis--an otherwise insufficiently studied population.
- CD40 ligand on activated platelets triggers an inflammatory reaction of endothelial cellsV Henn
Molecular Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Nature 391:591-4. 1998..Our results indicate that platelets are not only involved in haemostasis but that they also directly initiate an inflammatory response of the vessel wall...
- Treatment of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody associated vasculitis: a systematic reviewXavier Bosch
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 298:655-69. 2007Immunosuppressive therapies for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis have greatly advanced patient survival but have turned ANCA-associated vasculitis (AAV) into chronic, relapsing disorders...
- Renal vasculitis in Japan and the UK--are there differences in epidemiology and clinical phenotype?Richard A Watts
School of Medicine, Health Policy and Practice, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3928-31. 2008The epidemiology of renal vasculitis in different populations is poorly understood...
- Antagonism of RANTES receptors reduces atherosclerotic plaque formation in miceNiels R Veillard
Division Cardiology, Foundation for Medical Research, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Circ Res 94:253-61. 2004..Thus, our findings indicate that blockade of chemokine receptor/ligand interactions might become a novel therapeutic strategy to reduce the evolution of this common disease...
- A large subset of neutrophils expressing membrane proteinase 3 is a risk factor for vasculitis and rheumatoid arthritisV Witko-Sarsat
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U507 and Department of Nephrology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:1224-33. 1999..The frequency of the mPR3high phenotype was significantly increased in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis (85% versus 55% in healthy subjects)...
- Anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy-induced vasculitis: case seriesStephen J Jarrett
Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Medicine, University of Leeds, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, United Kingdom
J Rheumatol 30:2287-91. 2003..We describe eight patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-TNF therapies who developed presumed vasculitis, with different pathophysiologic causes...
- Hepatitis C-associated mixed cryoglobulinaemia: a crossroad between autoimmunity and lymphoproliferationD Saadoun
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, CNRS, UMR 7087, Paris, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1234-42. 2007..mixed cryoglobulins (MCs) are detected in 40-60% of HCV-infected patients whereas overt cryoglobulinaemia vasculitis develops in only 5-10% of the cases...
- Epidemiology of the vasculitidesM A Gonzalez-Gay
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 27:729-49. 2001..Although the causes of vasculitis are largely unknown, epidemiologic studies have implicated geographic, genetic, and environmental factors...
- Expression profiling of PBMC-based diagnostic gene markers isolated from vasculitis patientsShigeto Kobayashi
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
DNA Res 15:253-65. 2008b>Vasculitis (angiitis) is a systemic autoimmune disease that often causes fatal symptoms. We aimed to isolate cDNA markers that would be useful for diagnosing not only vasculitis but also other autoimmune diseases...
- Netting neutrophils in autoimmune small-vessel vasculitisKai Kessenbrock
Department of Neuroimmunology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany
Nat Med 15:623-5. 2009Small-vessel vasculitis (SVV) is a chronic autoinflammatory condition linked to antineutrophil cytoplasm autoantibodies (ANCAs)...
- Serpin Modulation of Inflammatory Vasculitis; Potential for Immunomodulatory TherALEXANDRA ROSE LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Serpin Modulation of Inflammatory Vasculitis;Potential for Immunomodulatory Therapy The broad challenge areas applicable for this research proposal are 1) 15-OD(ORDR)-101* Pilot projects for ..
- Optimized Growth Media to Detect Intracellular Bacteria Implicated in Chronic DisPATRICIA MASCARELLI; Fiscal Year: 2011..literature to a wide spectrum of diseases in human and veterinary medicine, including polyarthritis, cutaneous vasculitis, endocarditis, myocarditis, epistaxis, peliosis hepatis, granulomatous inflammatory disease, and, most recently, ..
- Anti- IL5 therapy for Churg-Strauss Syndrome: a double blind randomized, placebo-Michael E Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2010..CSS) is a complex syndrome associated with asthma, anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies, and eosinophilic vasculitis involving multiple organs including the lungs, heart, skin, gastrointestinal tract, and nervous system...
- White matter changes in HIV modelsPamela E Knapp; Fiscal Year: 2011..Myelin pallor" is an anomaly consistently reported in HIV patients. It was historically attributed to vasculitis and subsequent blood brain barrier leakage...
- Mac-1 (CR3) and Fc gamma receptors in immune-mediated neutrophil cytotoxicityTanya N Mayadas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rac proteins, 4) define a role for Mac-1 in triggering neutrophil elastase release and subsequent hemorrhagic vasculitis in vivo, through activation of the src and syk kinases, and 5) demonstrate a critical role for Mac-1 on ..
- Mechanism of Neutrophil ActivationKenneth R McLeish; Fiscal Year: 2013..participate in a number of diseases prominent in the aging Veteran population, including ANCA-associated vasculitis, ischemia- reperfusion injury, acute respiratory distress syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, peridontitis, ..
- Translational studies of the Platelet Specific Receptor Trem Like Transcript (TLTA Valance Washington; Fiscal Year: 2013..neutrophil migration, higher basal neutrophil counts and hemorrhage in response to the Shwartzman model of vasculitis. These phenotypic similarities suggest that TLT-1 function complements that of p-selectin...
- B cell metabolism in activation and autoantibody productionJeffrey C Rathmell; Fiscal Year: 2013..a variety of SLE-associated pathologies, including immune complex formation and deposition responsible for vasculitis and glomerulonephritis, many therapeutic approaches to treat SLE have targeted B cell survival or function...
- Neutrophil Migration in Three DimensionsJonathan S Reichner; Fiscal Year: 2013..damage such as respiratory distress syndrome, asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, ischemia/reperfusion injury, vasculitis and rheumatoid arthritis...
- Reverse genetics to develop a second generation Rift Valley fever vaccineTetsuro Ikegami; Fiscal Year: 2013..A proportion of infected humans develop hemorrhagic fever, encephalitis or retinal vasculitis;the offspring of infected ruminants often die in utero...
- Development of a Novel Rift Valley Fever Virus VaccineShinji Makino; Fiscal Year: 2013..are infected concurrently, and their infection results in hemorrhagic fever, encephalitis, and retinal vasculitis. Many different mosquitoes, including several native to North America, are competent vectors for RVFV epidemic ..
- RCT of GnRH-a for ovarian protection during CYC therapy for rheumatic diseaseWILLIAM J MC CUNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..severe rheumatic diseases including lupus nephritis, Wegener's granulomatosis, other forms of pauci-immune vasculitis, and severe interstitial lung disease complicating scleroderma will be entered into the trial...
- control of Inflammation by regulatory T cells and BCL6Alexander L Dent; Fiscal Year: 2012..regulatory mediator of T-reg activity can offer new insights into the molecular etiology of myocarditis and vasculitis, thus facilitating the development of new therapies targeting BCL6 for treatment of inflammation and ..
- Host Cell JAK-STAT Activation and Pathogenesis of Spotted Fever RickettsiosesSanjeev K Sahni; Fiscal Year: 2012..by acquisition of prothrombotic, procoagulant and proinflammatory phenotypes, manifesting as 'rickettsial vasculitis'...
- The role of Burkholderia in giant cell arteritisCurry Koening; Fiscal Year: 2013..the blood of subjects with GCA and whether it can induce the formation of multinucleated giant cells and cause vasculitis in a humanized-mouse chimeric model...
- Urinary Biomarkers of Chronic Kidney Disease Pathology and ProgressionSushrut S Waikar; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) A kidney biopsy biospecimens bank of IgA nephropathy, lupus nephritis, renal vasculitis, and Chinese herbal nephropathy from our established collaboration with Peking University First Hospital (PUFH) ..
- Anti IL5 and Churg Strauss Syndrome: a double blind, placebo controlled trialMichael E Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2013..Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS) is a complex syndrome characterized by asthma, eosinophilic inflammation, and vasculitis involving multiple organs, including the lungs, heart, skin, gastrointestinal tract, and nervous system...
- IDENTIFICATION AND VALIDATION OF BIOMARKERS FOR VASCULITISPaul A Monach; Fiscal Year: 2010..AAV) survive, but subsequent disease course is variable, relapse is common, and long-term morbidity from vasculitis or its treatment is expected...
- Phase III infliximab for primary treatment of Kawasaki disease IND 11046 6/27/200Jane C Burns; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Kawasaki disease (KD, OMIM 300530) is a self-limited vasculitis that is the leading cause of acquired heart disease in children in the U.S. and Japan (Taubert et al. 1991)...
- Impact of TNFa blockade on immune function in acute Kawasaki diseaseALESSANDRA I FRANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): KD is an acute vasculitis of unknown etiology that is the leading cause of acquired heart disease in children in the United States and Japan...
- CARRA: Accelerating Toward an Evidence Based Culture in Pediatric RheumatologyCarol A Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the major pediatric rheumatic diseases, (juvenile arthritis, systemic lupus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, vasculitis, and pain syndromes) and support standardization of treatment protocols, clinical trials, observational disease ..
- Identifying Vulnerable Plaque in Rheumatoid ArthritisKimberly P Liang; Fiscal Year: 2013..presenting and publishing work in the areas of premature atherosclerosis in the rheumatic diseases as well as in vasculitis. Her short- and long-term career goals include becoming proficient in the novel CU imaging technique as a means ..
- Role of Interferon-gamma in Viral Reactivation and VasculitisSUSAN PRISCILLA CANNY; Fiscal Year: 2013..broad implications for understanding the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases, including atherosclerosis and vasculitis. While the etiologies of many vasculitides are unknown, there is epidemiologic evidence for an infectious ..
- ANCA GLOMERULONEPHRITIS: FROM MOLECULES TO MANRonald J Falk; Fiscal Year: 2013Glomerulonephritis and vasculitis caused by anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibodies (ANCA) Is the most common form of rapidly progressive glomerular disease...
- LFA-1 in Lymphocyte MigrationMinsoo Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..immune responses, leukocyte migration is also involved in a wide range of pathologic conditions including vasculitis, atherosclerosis, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis and Crohn's disease...
- Molecular mechanisms of the impact of Fli-1 on lupusXian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fli-1 on lupus Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a prototypic autoimmune disease characterized by arthritis, vasculitis, immune complex glomerulonephritis and infiltration of inflammation cells into the glomeruli...
- Innate Immune Mechanisms and TLRs in Bacterial Ligand-Induced ArteritisMoshe Arditi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Kawasaki Disease is a vasculitis involving children and results in over 20% incidence of developing coronary arteritis and aneurysms...
- TRAINING IN CELL STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN NEPHROLOGYM Amin Arnaout; Fiscal Year: 2013..are applied to nine research themes that are relevant to diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, nephritis, vasculitis and polycystic kidney disease...
- Pro-inflammatory S100A12 in atherosclerosis and acute coronary syndromeMARION A HOFMANN-BOWMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..serum S100A12 concentrations are present in patients with chronic inflammatory diseases including patients with vasculitis such as Kawasaki disease and in diabetic patients...
- Potential Role of IL-1B Therapies for Treatment of Vasculitis of Kawasaki DiseaseMoshe Arditi; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Kawasaki disease (KD) is the most common cause of acquired cardiac disease and acute vasculitis in children in the developed world. The pathogenesis and molecular mechanisms are still unclear...
- GENE MAPPING IN WOMEN WITH SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUSKathy L Moser; Fiscal Year: 2010..Erythematosus (SLE) is characterized by widespread immune activation and autoantibody production, leading to vasculitis and systemic end-organ damage...
- Novel Proteomic Arrays of In Vitro Expressed Proteins for Autoimmune DiseaseMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2009..Similar studies will be carried out on other vasculitis autoimmune diseases in association with Dr. Peter Merkel, Director of the Vasculitis Research Consortium...
- Plasma Exchange and Glucocorticoids for Treatment of ANCA-Associated VasculitisPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2011..S.), multi-system diseases commonly referred to as anti-neutrophil cytoplasm antibody (ANCA) -associated vasculitis (AAV). AAV, although rare, is almost universally fatal if left untreated...
- Using genomics to elucidate the pathogenesis of granulomatosis with polyangiitisSHARON ALANE CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..is establishing herself as a translational investigator conducting patient-oriented genomic studies of systemic vasculitis. In this proposal, Dr...
- The Pathogenesis of Autoimmunity in Hepatitis C Virus InfectionEdgar D Charles; Fiscal Year: 2012..MC affects up to 50% of HCV patients, causing a small-vessel vasculitis. HCV MC is clearly a risk factor for the development of B cell non- Hodgkin lymphoma...
- Improving Assessment of Physical Function and Drug Safety in Health and DiseaseEswar Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2013..2. To validate these domains in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, scleroderma, juvenile arthritis, vasculitis, and gout patients, in frailty/aging, nursing home, and positive health populations, as well as populations that ..
- Young Investigator Travel Awards: 15th International Vasculitis and ANCA WorkshopCharles Jennette; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The 15th International Vasculitis and ANCA Workshop will be held Sunday, May 15 through Wednesday, May 18, 2011 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina...
- CORE CENTERAntony Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Fred Wigley), lupus (Dr. Michelle Petri), arthritis (Dr. Joan Bathon), and vasculitis (Dr. John Stone). These clinical cohorts are coupled closely with a robust basic science program directed by Drs...
- Role of gammaHV68 M1 antigen in Vbeta4+ T cell expansion and fibrosisSamuel H Speck; Fiscal Year: 2012..This immune-mediated pathology consists of multi-organ fibrotic tissue damage and vasculitis, associated with chronic reactivation of latent virus and persistent replication...
- Inflammation in Vascular Injury and RepairDaniel I Simon; Fiscal Year: 2013..new discoveries that the Mac-1-GP Iba interaction broadly regulates inflammation in models of thrombosis, vasculitis, glomerulonephritis, and multiple sclerosis...
- GENETIC LINKAGE IN LUPUSJOHN BARKER HARLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..severe, causing nephritis, oral ulcers, arthritis, pericarditis, pleuritis, rashes, strokes, heart attacks, vasculitis, nervous dysfunction, cytopenias, Raynaud's disease, and immune dysfunction...
- MONONUCLEAR PHAGOCYTE FUNCTION IN IMMUNOLOGIC DISEASESRobert P Kimberly; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the gamma-chain associated receptors, to determine their functional characteristics and to establish their association with altered host defense and autoimmune disease (eg, rheumatoid arthritis, celiac disease, systemic vasculitis).
- Vasculitis Clinical Research ConsortiumPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2013The Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium (VCRC) was established in 2003 and in 5 years of rapid growth and productivity has become the major clinical research infrastructure in North America dedicated to the study of vasculitis...
- Molecular Etiology of Familial Mediterranean FeverDeborah Gumucio; Fiscal Year: 2007..Occasionally, this disease presents with skin manifestations (erysipeloid erythema), pericarditis, vasculitis, or myalgia. In many patients, amyloidosis is a complication, and if untreated, this can be life-threatening...
- Autoimmunity in Rag Deficiency: A Nexus of Immunodeficiency and DysregulationJolan E Walter; Fiscal Year: 2013..late onset granulomatous disease associated with autoimmunity (from mild cytopenias to localized destructive vasculitis)...
- Molecular Targeting of Plaque Angiogenesis in DiabetesKAREN SIMPSON MOULTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..vessels;however, these vessels proliferate and invade the intima during atherosclerosis and other conditions of vasculitis. Increasing data suggests that the permeability, inflammatory cell recruitment and bleeding properties of plaque ..
- Novel Methods for the Conduct of Clinical TrialsPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The research will be conducted by the Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium, a multi-center clinical research infrastructure sponsored by the NIH...
- CONCURRENT PILOT STUDIES IN GIANT CELL ARTERITIS AND TAKAYASUS ARTERITIS TO EXAMAvery Gottfried; Fiscal Year: 2011..TAK are diseases that share a number of common features and are both characterized by blood vessel inflammation (vasculitis) that can be serious or even life threatening...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL AUTOIMMUNITY IN DIABETIC RETINOPATHYRamesh Nayak; Fiscal Year: 2001..as a candidate antigen based on published studies showing that anti-endothelial cell autoantibodies in systemic vasculitis also specifically bind to monocytes but not other cell types tested and that 50 percent of diabetic sera react ..
- Adaption and Validation of PROMIS for use in VasculitisPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2013..into the assessment of disease activity and burden among patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis [AAV, granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's), microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome]...
- RISK SCORE FOR CORONARY ANEURYSMS IN KAWASAKI SYNDROMEJane Newburger; Fiscal Year: 1992Kawasaki syndrome is an acute vasculitis of infancy and childhood which results in coronary artery lesions in 15 to 25% of affected children...
- Genetic Polymorphisms in Rheumatoid ArthritisEric Matteson; Fiscal Year: 2004..ExRA), such as pericarditis, pleuritis, interstitial lung disease, Felty's syndrome, scleritis, keratitis, and vasculitis including mononeuritis multiplex as well as vasculitis involvement of internal organs, and the central nervous ..
- ROLE OF ANTI-PROTEINASE-3 IN WEGENER'S VASCULOPATHYJudith James; Fiscal Year: 2003..WG) is a multisystem disease of unknown etiology which is characterized by small to medium vessel vasculitis, pauci-immune glomerulonephritis, necrosis/granuloma formation of the respiratory tracts and autoantibodies to ..
- Genetic influences and T-cell activation in Kawasaki DiseaseJane Burns; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Kawasaki disease (KD) is a self-limited, acute vasculitis that is the most common cause of pediatric acquired heart disease...
- ROLE OF COMPLEMENT FACTOR B IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF SLEGary Gilkeson; Fiscal Year: 2004..mice developed significantly less proteinuria, pathologic renal disease, glomerular IgG immune deposits and vasculitis. Surprisingly, C3 levels were normal in the MRL/lpr Bf deficient mice in contrast to significantly, depressed ..
- HEPATITIS C AND CRYOGLOBULINEMIAWarren Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 1999..extrahepatic complication of chronic HCV infection and causes a variety of systemic diseases such as arthritis, vasculitis, and glomerulonephritis...
- Non-Invasive Approaches to Assessing Inflammation (RMI)RYAN SARTOR; Fiscal Year: 2006..arthritis, diabetes, inflammatory bowel diseases, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), glomerulonephritis, vasculitis, atherosclerosis and asthma, a major impediment to their diagnosis and clinical management is the inability to ..
- ANTIBODY INDUCED HEARING LOSS--MODEL FOR IMMUNE DEAFNESSThomas Carey; Fiscal Year: 1999..sudden or rapidly progressive onset of hearing loss, vestibular involvement, or systemic immune disease, such as vasculitis, might be of autoimmune origin...
- NEUTROPHIL/ENDOTHELIAL CELL COMMUNICATIONGregory Vercellotti; Fiscal Year: 1993..leukostasis and extended these findings to suggest the pathophysiology underlying shock ("shock lung") and vasculitis. In addition to neutrophil-mediated lytic and denuding endothelial injury, variety of sublytic endothelial ..
- AUTOMATED, QUANTITATIVE IMMUNOFLUORESCENT ASSAYKENNETH NEWTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..IFA tests detecting Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Autoantibodies (ANCA) are diagnostic for systemic necrotizing vasculitis and glomerulonephritis...
- PET AND MRI IMAGING OF PERSISTENT LYME ENCEPHALOPATHYBrian Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2003..These scans are often interpreted as consistent with vasculitis, multi-infarct dementia, or Lyme Disease...
- PATHOGENESIS OF COCAETHYLENE-INDUCED VASCULITISDANYEL TACKER; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Vasculitis is a common pathological outcome in cocaine addicts, 80% of whom co-abuse cocaine and ethanol...
- Genetic Association in American Blacks with LupusJohn Harley; Fiscal Year: 2009..severe organ injury (nephritis, ulcers, arthritis, pericarditis, pleuritis, rashes, strokes, heart attacks, vasculitis, nervous dysfunction, cytopenias, Raynaud's disease, and immune dysfunction)...
- ROLE OF THE SELECTIONS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF VASCULITISDaniel Bullard; Fiscal Year: 2001The inflammatory events which lead to the development of vasculitis in diseases such as lupus erythematosis, Wegener's granulomatosis, and vasculitic disorders are poorly understood...
- Impact of Fli-1 expression on lupus disease developmentXian Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a prototypic autoimmune disease characterized by arthritis, vasculitis, immune complex glomerulonephritis and infiltration of inflammation cells into the glomeruli...