Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neoplasms located in vascular tissue or specific veins. They are differentiated from NEOPLASMS, VASCULAR TISSUE which are neoplasms composed of vascular tissue, such as ANGIOFIBROMA or HEMANGIOMA.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaSuhaila Ameeri
Department of Pathology, Toronto Medical Laboratories, Toronto General Hospital University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Pathol 15:171-3. 2006..They are generally recognized to be of smooth muscle cell origin. Surgical resection is the treatment of choice. The role of adjuvant therapy for leiomyosarcoma is not established...
- Surgical treatment of pulmonary artery sarcomaE Mayer
Department for Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Pathology, and Radiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:77-82. 2001..Surgical resection improves clinical symptoms and offers the only chance of cure. We report the case histories of 7 patients with primary pulmonary artery sarcomas treated by surgical resection with or without adjuvant therapy...
- Surgical management of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaS W Cho
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:2141-8. 2008..Due to its rarity, however, optimal strategies for the management of the primary tumor and subsequent recurrences are not well defined...
- Infantile hemangiomas are arrested in an early developmental vascular differentiation stateSoheil S Dadras
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1068-79. 2004..The immature, incompletely differentiated immunophenotype of proliferating infantile hemangiomas may contribute to their rapid growth during the first few months of life...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: clinicopathologic study of 40 casesWilliam B Laskin
Department of Surgical Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:873-81. 2010....
- Expression of apoptosis-related proteins, p53, and DNA fragmentation in sarcomas of the pulmonary arteryA Gaumann
Institute of Pathology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Cancer 92:1237-44. 2001..In particular, members of the Bcl-2 family as well as the Fas system are known to be involved in the regulation of apoptosis in different tumor entities...
- Leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava: diagnostic features on cross-sectional imagingS Ganeshalingam
Department of Clinical Radiology, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Clin Radiol 66:50-6. 2011..These are rare aggressive tumours that present late with non-specific symptoms and have a poor prognosis...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaEdita Bieliūniene
Department of Radiology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 46:200-3. 2010..Radiological examination revealed retroperitoneal tumor and helped to choose surgical treatment. Histopathological examination confirmed the diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava...
- Surgical resection of the inferior vena cava for leiomyosarcomaChangwei Liu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Ann Vasc Surg 24:822.e11-5. 2010..Our choice of en bloc resection including segment I and II IVC without extracorporeal circulation or prosthetic replacement of the vessels was justified as the patient had normal liver and kidney function after the operation...
- Chronic DLL4 blockade induces vascular neoplasmsMinhong Yan
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 463:E6-7. 2010..Here we show that chronic DLL4 blockade causes pathological activation of endothelial cells, disrupts normal organ homeostasis and induces vascular tumours, raising important safety concerns...
- A translocation involving the placental growth factor gene is identified in an epithelioid hemangioendotheliomaMai He
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, 150 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 168:150-4. 2006..The strong positivity for both PlGF and VEGF observed in our case implies that the t(10;14)(p13;q24) most likely involves PlGF, which may be one of the genes driving oncogenesis in these tumors...
- Inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma: is reconstruction necessary after resection?Rouzbeh Daylami
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
J Am Coll Surg 210:185-90. 2010..Leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava represent a rare form of soft-tissue sarcomas. Management strategies necessarily vary because of limited experience. Questions about necessity of multimodality therapy and IVC reconstruction remain...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: radical surgery and vascular reconstructionAndrea Alexander
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Kinderchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 7:56. 2009..Due to the topographic relation to the renal veins level-II involvement of the IVC raises special surgical challenges with respect to the maintenance of venous outflow...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the retrohepatic portion of the inferior vena cava: clinical presentation and surgical management in five patientsJean Hardwigsen
Department of Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hopital de la Conception, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Am Coll Surg 200:57-63. 2005..For LMS involving the retrohepatic portion of IVC there are limited published data about tumor features, surgical strategies, and IVC replacement...
- Intimal angiosarcoma of the aorta with tumour embolisation causing mesenteric ischaemia. Report of a case diagnosed using CD31 immunohistochemistry in an intestinal resection specimenC Santonja
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Carretera de Toledo, km 12 5 Getafe E 28905, Madrid, Spain
Virchows Arch 438:404-7. 2001..This case emphasises the need for a wide panel of immunohistochemical antibodies when tumour emboli of unknown origin are under study...
- Surgical technique, morbidity, and outcome of primary retroperitoneal sarcoma involving inferior vena cavaMarco Fiore
Department of Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 19:511-8. 2012..The aim of the study was to review a monoinstitutional series of IVC resections for RSTS (mainly IVC leiomyosarcoma), focusing on the type of vascular replacement, morbidity, and oncologic outcome...
- PET-positive fibrous dysplasia--a potentially misleading incidental finding in a patient with intimal sarcoma of the pulmonary arteryKlaus Strobel
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Medical Radiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Skeletal Radiol 36:S24-8. 2007..In the presented case, an incidentally detected PET-positive asymptomatic fibrous dysplasia was initially misinterpreted as a metastasis in a patient with intimal sarcoma of the pulmonary artery...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a 2-institution analysis of outcomesGary N Mann
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Surgery 151:261-7. 2012..Approximately 300 cases of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) have been reported in the literature to date. In this study, we combined the experience from 2 institutions to provide additional clinical outcomes data...
- Primary intimal pulmonary artery sarcoma: a diagnostic challengeHans Scheffel
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135:949-50. 2008
- Intimal sarcoma of the pulmonary artery with retrograde extension into the pulmonic valve and right ventricleCengiz Ozbek
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, 35820 Izmir, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 34:119-21. 2007..He underwent surgery for obstruction of the right ventricular outflow tract. This is a very rare case of an intimal sarcoma of the pulmonary artery, which we confirmed by pathologic studies...
- Pulmonary artery intimal sarcoma: the role of ¹⁸F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in monitoring response to treatmentEnrique Leonardo P Ote
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Luke s Medical Center, Manila, Philippines
Jpn J Radiol 29:279-82. 2011..Fine-needle biopsy revealed a pathological diagnosis of pulmonary artery intimal sarcoma. The patient was successfully treated with radiotherapy and adjuvant chemotherapy. FDG-PET was used for monitoring the response to therapy...
- Vascular smooth muscle tumors: review of the literatureIlias Dalainas
492 General Military Hospital, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Int J Surg 6:157-63. 2008..This study reviews literature for epidemiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis and management of patients with vascular smooth muscle tumors...
- Vascular leiomyosarcoma: Clinicopathology and immunohistochemistry with special reference to a unique smooth muscle phenotypeAtsuji Matsuyama
Department of Pathology and Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Pathol Int 60:212-6. 2010..These findings suggest that the vascular LMS displays a distinctive phenotype of smooth muscle differentiation according to histopathogenesis...
- High frequency of neurolymphomatosis as a relapse disease of intravascular large B-cell lymphomaKosei Matsue
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kameda Medical Center, Kamogawa shi, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 117:4512-21. 2011..A high incidence of neurologic symptoms associated with the central nervous system has been reported, but peripheral nerve involvement (neurolymphomatosis [NL]) rarely has been described...
- Recurrent pulmonary intimal sarcoma involving the right ventricular outflow tractDipesh K Shah
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:e41-2. 2011..The sarcoma recurred in about 8 weeks. It responded favorably to chemoradiation therapy and shows some signs of regression...
- FDG imaging of a pulmonary artery sarcomaR L Thurer
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 70:1414-5. 2000..Based on preoperative imaging and intraoperative findings, a right pneumonectomy was performed for what proved to be a pulmonary artery sarcoma...
- Early diagnosis and resection of an asymptomatic leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava prior to caval obstructionFabio Ramponi
Department of Vascular Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Vasc Surg 55:525-8. 2012..In this case report, we describe an asymptomatic intraluminal leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava diagnosed incidentally prior to caval occlusion during a routine ultrasound examination of the upper abdomen...
- Presentation of pulmonary artery intimal sarcoma in an infant with a history of neonatal valvular pulmonic stenosisTresa Chappell
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Children s Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1092-4. 2008..It is usually diagnosed postmortem in patients thought to have pulmonary emboli. We present a case of intimal sarcoma of the pulmonary artery in an infant with a history of neonatal pulmonic stenosis...
- Pulmonary artery angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic and radiological correlationLei Huo
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:209-14. 2005..The tumor cells were positive for CD31 and vimentin and negative for pan-cytokeratin, CD34, and S100. Two months after surgery, the patient was alive and well...
- Primary pulmonary artery sarcoma: report of three cases and review of the literatureLuis Manso
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Lung Cancer 8:277-81. 2007..The mean survival time ranges from 14 months to 18 months. We report 3 cases of PAS treated with surgery and chemotherapy (anthracyclines and ifosfamide) with different outcomes...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: surgical management and clinical resultsJason Dew
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Vascular Surgery Service, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Am Surg 71:497-501. 2005..The management of the IVC can be managed with primary repair, ligation, or prosthetic graft. Long-term survival is possible if complete resection can be achieved...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 casesEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:289-95. 2006..Although surgical resection combined with chemotherapy is usually not curative, it can achieve reasonably long-term survival. We recommend aggressive operative management using the latest vascular surgery and oncology techniques...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case report and review of literatureVinaykumar B Thapar
Department of Surgery, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Int Surg 90:262-5. 2005..We discuss the clinical presentation imaging findings and review the literature...
- Osteopontin expression in primary sarcomas of the pulmonary arteryA Gaumann
MPI für Physiologische und Klinische Forschung, W G Kerckhoff Institut, Abt für Molekulare Zellbiologie, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Virchows Arch 439:668-74. 2001....
- Intimal angiosarcoma of the aorta: report of a case and review of the literatureAndreas Thalheimer
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 40:548-53. 2004....
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with extension to the heart: echocardiographic features: a case reportBer Ren Fang
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, and Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taiwan, Republic of China
Angiology 58:376-9. 2007..She recovered well. Repeat magnetic resonance imaging 6 months following the second operation showed that the inferior vena cava and right atrium were clear of tumor...
- Intimal sarcoma of the descending aortaShapour Shirani
Department of Radiology, Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:253-4. 2007..Magnetic resonance imaging also showed an irregular tumor (invasion to the left main bronchus). This case emphasizes the need for a wide panel of immunohistochemical studies in tumor emboli of unknown origin...
- Susceptibility to vascular neoplasms but no increased susceptibility to renal carcinogenesis in Vhl knockout miceElena Kleymenova
CIIT Centers for Health Research, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:309-15. 2004....
- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the radial arteryPatrizio Castelli
Postgraduate School in Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Insubria, 21100, Varese, Italy
J Vasc Surg 41:151-4. 2005..He had a complete resection of the tumor and of the segment of radial artery involved. The histologic examination revealed an intravascular EHE, with low mitotic index and with insufficient histologic anormalities...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with intracardiac extension: a report of two casesLei Yu
Department of Cardiac Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, PR China
J Card Surg 26:56-60. 2011..In this report, we describe two women with leiomyomatosis originating from the uterus and extending into the inferior vena cava to the right ventricle that was successfully resected using a two-stage approach. ..
- Intimal-type primary sarcoma of the thoracic aorta: an unusual case presenting with left arm embolizationGiulio Pompilio
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Milan, Centro Cardiologico Monzino Foundation IRCCS, Via Parea 4, 20138 Milano, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:574-6. 2002..A case of intimal-type primary sarcoma of the thoracic aorta with unusual left arm embolization is reported...
- A case of intravenous leiomyomatosis with high levels of hyaluronanChizuko Yaguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamastu, Shizuoka, 433 3192, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:454-8. 2010..IVL has viscoelastic properties and contains a large amount of hyaluronan, which may promote invasion during pathogenesis...
- Clinical results of surgery for retroperitoneal sarcoma with major blood vessel involvementMatthias H M Schwarzbach
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 44:46-55. 2006..The study was conducted to evaluate the clinical results of resection for retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma (STS) with vascular involvement...
- The rupture of descending thoracic aorta due to the necrosis of aortic intimal sarcomaMutsuo Tanaka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Fuchu si, Tokyo, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:462-3. 2010..The patient developed a local recurrence and abdominal dissemination of the tumor three months after surgery. We report the case and discuss about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic aortic intimal sarcoma...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvementMichael N Tameo
Section of Vascular Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:221-4. 2010..A review of this rare tumor is presented...
- Intimal sarcoma of the thoracic aorta; clinical-course and autopsy findingKenji Akiyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:135-8. 2005..The pathological finding was of a primary intimal sarcoma. The patient lived for more than two years excluding the hospitalized period after the diagnosis...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis of the uterus: a clinicopathologic study of 18 cases, with emphasis on early diagnosis and appropriate treatment strategiesJing Du
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Cancer Hospital, Tianjin Medical, University, Tianjin 300070, PR China
Hum Pathol 42:1240-6. 2011..It is important to adequately sample all uterine leiomyomas and carefully examine the soft tissue on either side of the lower uterine segment below the peritoneal reflection to identify early-stage intravenous leiomyomatosis...
- Surgical treatment and outcomes of patients with primary inferior vena cava leiomyosarcomaScott T Hollenbeck
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:575-9. 2003..The inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare site for primary soft tissue sarcoma. There are limited data in the literature regarding surgical management of the IVC and longterm survival of these patients...
- From the archives of the AFIP: primary vascular neoplasms of the spleen: radiologic-pathologic correlationRobert M Abbott
Radiographics 24:1137-63. 2004Primary vascular neoplasms of the spleen constitute the majority of nonhematolymphoid splenic tumors...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the ovarian vein: report of a caseAntonio Iannelli
Department of Liver Transplantation, Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Surgery, Archet 2 Hospital, Nice, France
Int Surg 88:6-8. 2003..The patient underwent radical en bloc extirpation of the tumor followed by radiation therapy. The clinicopathologic features and treatment are discussed...
- Primary intravascular myxoid leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein presenting clinically as deep vein thrombosis: a case reportManish Mani Subramaniam
Virchows Arch 450:235-7. 2007
- Should the inferior vena cava be reconstructed after resection for malignant tumors?Hiroyuki Yoshidome
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 0856 Japan
Am J Surg 189:419-24. 2005..Caval replacement after circumferential resection of the inferior vena cava remains controversial. The aim of the current study is to determine whether or not inferior vena cava replacement should be performed...
- Tumors of the pulmonary vasculatureEunhee S Yi
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8720, USA
Cardiol Clin 22:431-40, vi-vii. 2004..Secondary involvement of pulmonary vasculature by malignant tumors may rarely mimic a primary vascular tumor or clinically present as unexplained pulmonary hypertension associated with thrombotic microangiopathy...
- Successful treatment of pulmonary artery sarcoma by a two-drug combination chemotherapy consisting of ifosfamide and epirubicinAkiko Uchida
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Respiratory Medicine Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:417-9. 2005..Surgical resection is currently the most hopeful treatment for pulmonary artery sarcoma. However, intensive chemotherapy is worth trying in unresectable patients...
- Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein leading to metastases of scalp and lungsC H Gow
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:201. 2005
- Pulmonary artery sarcoma: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of 12 casesLei Huo
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030 4009, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:419-24. 2006..Pulmonary artery sarcoma is an uncommon entity with a poor prognosis. The role of early diagnosis, histologic classification, surgical treatment, and adjuvant therapy in patient outcome is discussed...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaMeltem Ceyhan
Department of Radiology, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:140-3. 2007..We present a case of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava that extended into the right renal vein and the right iliac vein, as it is a rare case and emphasize the significance of the imaging methods in its diagnosis...
- Neoadjuvant radiotherapy and reconstruction using autologous vein graft for the treatment of inferior vena cava leiomyosarcomaGitonga Munene
Department of Surgery, Divisions of Surgical Oncology and General Surgery, University of Calgary and the Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Surg Oncol 103:175-8. 2011..This study was undertaken to analyze the outcomes associated with the use of neoadjuvant radiotherapy and IVC reconstruction in the treatment of IVC leiomyosarcoma...
- Gains of 12q13-14 and overexpression of mdm2 are frequent findings in intimal sarcomas of the pulmonary arteryB Bode-Lesniewska
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 438:57-65. 2001..A majority of tumors show a consistent genetic alteration (gains and amplifications in the 12q13-14 region) and overexpression of mdm2, implicating the mdm2/p53 pathway as a possible mechanism in the tumor pathogenesis...
- Spontaneous vascular neoplasms in aged Sprague-Dawley ratsG M Zwicker
Toxicology Department, Dow Chemical Company, Health and Environmental Sciences, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268, USA
Toxicol Pathol 23:518-26. 1995Primary benign and malignant vascular neoplasms occurred spontaneously in 8 of 710 male (1.1%) and 4 of 710 female (0...
- Exploration of the APC/beta-catenin (WNT) pathway and a histologic classification system for pulmonary artery intimal sarcoma. A study of 18 casesA Gaumann
Institute of Pathology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042, Regensburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 453:473-84. 2008..Despite myofibroblastic phenotype, APC/beta-catenin pathway changes are rare. Cyclin D1, only expressed in the myxofibrosarcoma-type, is likely transcribed via factors other than beta-catenin...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the infra-renal inferior vena cavaOsama H Al-Saif
Department of Surgery, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Am J Surg 201:e18-20. 2011..Complete surgical resection offers the only potential of long-term survival, but survival of unresected patients is generally measured in months. Palliative resections may temporarily improve symptoms but do not offer long-term survival...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: survival after aggressive managementHiromichi Ito
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3534-41. 2007..Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is exceedingly rare. The role of adjuvant therapy remains undefined. This study evaluated outcomes after aggressive management...
- Intravascular leiomyosarcoma of the brachiocephalic region -- report of an unusual tumour localisation: case report and review of the literatureDaniel Johannes Tilkorn
Department of Plastic Surgery, Burn Center, Hand Center, Sarcoma Reference Center, BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 6:113. 2008..Intravascular leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumour entity originating from venous vessel structures and most frequently affecting the inferior vena cava...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: resection and vascular reconstruction using a dacron graft and an Adam DeWeese clip-three-year follow-upDomenico Angiletta
Vascular Surgery Unit Policlinico Universitario Bari, Bari, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 25:557.e5-9. 2011..The latter procedure has never been reported before in association with a graft applied for this disease. Technical and clinical details are described...
- Liver resection with portal vein thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma with vascular invasionLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1254. 2009..In surgically resected series, in patients with gross PVTT (PVTT in the portal trunk, its first-order branch, or its second-order branch), the 3-year and 5-year survival rates are reportedly 15% to 28% and 0% to 17%, respectively...
- Intimal-type primary sarcoma of the aorta. Report of a case with evidence of rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiationC Miracco
Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, University of Siena, Italy
Virchows Arch 435:62-6. 1999..Electron microscopy and the use of a more comprehensive panel of immunohistochemical markers should be applied in the histological classification of"intimal" sarcoma...
- Surgical challenges in the treatment of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: analysis of two cases and brief review of the literatureMaria A Kyriazi
2nd Department of Surgery, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Ann Vasc Surg 24:826.e13-7. 2010..Optimal treatment should include complete resection of the malignant lesion with preservation of venous return. We present our experience from two patients treated in our hospital in the last 3 years...
- Unusual pulmonary lesions: case 3. Pulmonary vein leiomyosarcoma presenting as a left atrial massSandeep T Laroia
University of North Dakota, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and MeritCare Medical Center, Fargo, ND, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2749-51. 2002
- A case of leiomyosarcoma originating from pulmonary vein, occluding mitral inflowAli Gurbuz
Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Heart Lung 32:210-4. 2003..The tumor was totally removed. Open heart surgery is the acceptable approach for the management of intracardiac tumors, which may cause obstruction of blood flow through the heart...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the pulmonary veinT Okuno
Laboratory of Anatomic Pathology, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan
Pathol Int 50:839-46. 2000..The present case was the oldest in age and to our knowledge was the first reported case with metastasis in a distant lymph node...
- Prosthetic replacement of the infrahepatic inferior vena cava for leiomyosarcomaGiulio Illuminati
The Francesco Durante Department of Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Arch Surg 141:919-24; discussion 924. 2006..Resection of the infrahepatic inferior vena cava associated with prosthetic graft replacement for caval leiomyosarcoma is an acceptable procedure to obtain prolonged and good-quality survival...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus with intravascular tumor extension and pulmonary tumor embolismDouglas K McDonald
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:140-2. 2007..To our knowledge, only two other cases of intravenous uterine leiomyosarcomatosis have been described in the existing literature, and this is the first reported case of the entity with associated intravascular tumor embolism...
- Tumor thrombectomy without bypass for low-grade malignant tumors extending into the inferior vena cava: report of two casesMasatoshi Jibiki
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1 5 45 Yushima, Tokyo, 113 8519, Japan
Surg Today 36:465-9. 2006..Aggressive surgical treatment is thus recommended to excise a tumor thrombus with or without an IVC resection in patients with ESS of low-grade malignancy extending into the IVC to prevent sudden death due to PE...
- Cavo-atrial tumor resection under total circulatory arrest without a sternotomyThomas Kleisli
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1887-8. 2006..This minimal-access total circulatory approach has the potential to greatly diminish morbidity when managing tumors of the inferior vena cava...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus with a florid intravascular component ("intravenous leiomyosarcomatosis")Kathleen C M Coard
Department of Pathology, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:182-5. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first reported such case in the literature, for which we propose the designation intravenous leiomyosarcomatosis of the uterus...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaA Bonura
Department of Radiology, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 50:395-9. 2006..The clinical and imaging features are outlined, and in addition the treatment and prognosis...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaVenkataprasanth P Reddy
Department of Internal Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Clin Nucl Med 31:281-3. 2006
- Intravenous uterine leiomyomatosis with right heart extension: successful two-stage surgical removalPatrizio Castelli
Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 20:405-7. 2006..We report a case of a young woman with intravenous leiomyomatosis originating from the uterus and extending into the right atrium, successfully treated through a two-stage surgical approach...
- Therapy insight: malignant primary cardiac tumorsMichael J Reardon
Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:548-53. 2006..Surgical resection of this sarcoma type often requires pneumonectomy and can require pulmonary root replacement...
- [Extrarenal parametrial angiomyolipoma of the ovarian vein with extension into the right atrium]M Daneschnejad
Rofo 179:166-7. 2007
- A 39-year-old woman with cough, chest pressure, and worsening dyspneaJesse A Pewarchuk
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 131:934-7. 2007
- Surgical treatment of renal cell carcinoma with right atrial thrombus: early experience and description of a simplified techniqueT Modine
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, Pr H Warembourg, Hopital Cardiologique, Bd J Leclerc, CHRU de Lille, France
Int J Surg 5:305-10. 2007..Minimally invasive CPB technique can be used to treat intra atrial thrombus tumor extension arising from renal cell carcinoma. It can be performed safely with acceptable complications rate...
- Pulmonary artery sarcoma and chronic thromboembolismSimone G Ramos
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 204:139-41. 2008..Partial improvement after thrombolytic therapy has suggested that thromboembolic phenomena may be superimposed on the tumor, but, to date, a well-documented statement of these events has not been provided...
- [Establishment of renal cell carcinoma metastasis in the inferior vena cava and in the right atrium]H Kachler
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:1219-20. 2007
- Primary malignant sarcomas of the heart and great vessels in adult patients--a single-center experienceFrank Mayer
Department of Medical Oncology Hematology Immunology Rheumatology Pulmonology, UKT Medical Center, South West German Cancer Center, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Otfried Mueller Str 10, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Oncologist 12:1134-42. 2007..Sarcomas arising in the heart or the great vessels are rare entities. The prognosis of the patients is dismal...
- Bleeding sarcoma of the aorta mimicking a symptomatic aneurysmBart P Van Putte
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1643-4. 2007
- Osteosarcoma of the lumbosacral spine invading the central venous pathways, right-sided cardiac chambers, and pulmonary arteryNeely Hines
Department of Radiology, Jacobi Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:1091-6. 2007..There is only one other reported case of direct extension into the venous system by an iliac bone osteosarcoma in an adolescent; however, the tumor did not extend into the pulmonary circulation...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the adrenal vein: a novel approach to surgical resectionTracy S Wang
Department of Surgery, Section of Endocrine Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
World J Surg Oncol 5:109. 2007..Leiomyosarcomas arising from the adrenal vein are rare malignancies associated with delayed diagnosis and poor prognosis. The most common vascular site of origin is the inferior vena cava...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis extending from the inferior caval vein to the pulmonary arteryGiuseppe Virzí
First Department of Surgery, Ospedale Vittorio Emanuele, Catania, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:831-2. 2007
- Surgical treatment for recurrent pulmonary artery sarcomaAtsushi Omura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sumitomo Hospital, 5 3 20 Nakanoshima, Kita ku, Osaka, Osaka, 530 0005, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:28-31. 2008..Postoperative right cardiac catheterization indicated hemodynamic improvement and no sign of stenosis around the RVOT. About 1 year postoperatively, she is in stable condition and has 5-year-survival from the initial operation...
- Surgery of inferior vena cava associated malignant tumor lesionsF Eder
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Vasa 37:68-80. 2008....
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava]D Kotelis
Abteilung für Gefässchirurgie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Deutschland
Chirurg 78:469-70, 472-3. 2007..Following elaborate preoperative examinations, surgical resection was performed and the inferior vena cava was reconstructed. Clinical signs, diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis are discussed...
- Retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava mimicking a liver tumorJulio Sokolich
Department of Surgery, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75265 5999, USA
Am Surg 74:433-6. 2008..Considering the aggressiveness of this tumor, early radical en block resection with clear margins is still the only chance for long-term survival...
- [Ascitis in 54-year old male]A Arévalo Gómez
Servicio de Medicina Interna D, Hospital Abente y Lago, Complejo Hospitalario Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Rev Clin Esp 208:253-4. 2008
- Liver hanging maneuver for large or recurrent right upper quadrant tumorsMatteo Donadon
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:329-33. 2007
- [Effectiveness of multislice computed tomography for evaluating vascular invasion in retroperitoneal tumors]I E Tiurin
Vopr Onkol 54:65-9. 2008..Multislice scans were obtained by using 4 rows of solid-state detectors. For intravenous injections, non-ionic contrasting substance Omniak (loxegol, Amersham, Ireland), 350 mg I/ml was used...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava. Diagnosis using endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy]C Jenssen
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Krankenhaus Märkisch Oderland, Prötzeler Chaussee 5, 15331 Strausberg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:769-72. 2008..A 75-year-old woman was admitted because of upper abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting...
- [Tumor thrombectomy for endometrial stromal sarcoma extending into the inferior vena cava and the right atrium from the uterus]Shigemasa Suzuki
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Isesaki Munisipal Hosital, Isesaki, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:139-42. 2008..After thrombectomy, she underwent chemotherapy with carboplatin and paclitaxel. Surgical resection and chemotherapy to low-grade ESS achieved favourable prognosis...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the pulmonary artery: Is aggressive treatment justified for a long survival?Kalliopi Athanassiadi
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:435-6. 2006
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis extending into the right ventricle after subtotal hysterectomyMehmet Sah Topcuoglu
Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical School, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 78:330-2. 2004..Surgical resection is the best treatment for intracardiac extension of intravenous leiomyoma. We recommend iliac venotomy to remove the ilio-caval portion of the tumor in both stages of operations...
- Mechanisms of Scar-Free Healing in the Fetal ArteryDARRELL CASS; Fiscal Year: 2008..His long term objective is to apply this knowledge clinically in both children and adults to limit vascular inflammation, neointimal hyperplasia and scarring. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CLONING OF A POTENTIAL REGULATOR OF THE DHAND FACTORMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of Obscurin and Obscurin-MLCK in myofibrillogenesisMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Characterizing obscurin's roles in new myofibril assembly and in sarcomere-sarcoplasma organization may identify new strategies to treat congestive heart failure and prevent myofibril damage during ischemia. ..