vascular hemostatic disorders
Summary: Alterations in the mechanical integrity or structure of the blood vessels leading to bleeding disorders.
- [Molecular biology of haemostasis: fibrinogen, factor XIII]M Meyer
Fachbereich Medizintechnik, Fachhochschule Jena, Carl Zeiss Promenade 2, 07745 Jena
Hamostaseologie 24:108-15. 2004..The most frequent form is caused by defects in the A subunit with a broad spectrum of underlying mutations. Defects of the B subunit are very rare and were molecularly elucidated in only a few cases...
- Aberrations in hemostasis and coagulation in untreated discordant hepatic xenotransplantation: studies in the dog-to-pig modelA Joseph Tector
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Liver Transpl 8:153-9. 2002..In brief, the hemorrhage that accompanies liver xenotransplantation occurs because of a decrease in the number and function of circulating platelets in the recipient...
- The cerebral vasculature as a therapeutic target for neurological disorders and the role of shear stress in vascular homeostatis and pathophysiologyLjiljana Krizanac-Bengez
Cerebrovascular Research Center, Neurosurgery NB 20, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Neurol Res 26:846-53. 2004..This review summarizes the most recent data related to cerebral vasculature as a therapeutic target for neurological disorders and the role of shear stress in blood-brain barrier homeostasis and pathophysiology...
- The use of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system in the management of menorrhagia in women with hemostatic disordersZoe E Schaedel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1361-3. 2005..The study was undertaken to evaluate the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system (LNG-IUS) in managing menorrhagia associated with hemostatic disorders...
- StarClose femoral arteriotomy closure device: an advance in arterial closurePeter N Ruygrok
Auckland City Hospital, Cardiology Department, Private Bag 92 024, Auckland 1001, New Zealand
Expert Rev Med Devices 2:247-52. 2005..The authors feel that this device has great potential, may impact significantly on the closure of arteriotomy sites and may also find application in other aspects of procedural medicine...
- Bruising and bleeding in infants and children--a practical approachKate Khair
Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre, Great Ormond St NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 133:221-31. 2006..We describe the investigation of the haemostatic system in children with bruising and/or bleeding with emphasis on the key haemostatic disorders that need to be excluded...
- [Hemostasis disorders in severe infections: state of the art]F Fourrier
Département université de réanimation et urgences médicales, université Lille II, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:304-13. 2006..An increase in the rate of hemorrhagic adverse effects was observed with these compounds, justifying a strict observance of contraindications and of patient selection...
- [Unusual haemostasis disorder in a seriously burned patient]J F Arnould
Service d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale de l Hôtel Dieu, CHRU de Nantes, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 25:1064-6. 2006..Blood analysis found fluindione and benzodiazepine derivatives. Such a disorder during a potentially suicidal burn must evoke a toxic aetiology...
- [Hemostasis disorders in severe infections: State of the art]F Fourrier
Equipe de recherche EA2689, Département université de réanimation et urgences médicales, Universite Lille 2, Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Hopital Roger Salengro, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Med Mal Infect 36:524-533. 2006..An increase in the rate of hemorrhagic adverse effects was observed with these compounds, justifying a strict observance of contraindications and of patient selection...
- [Cerebral venous thrombosis]Aude Triquenot-Bagan
Departement de Neurologie, CHU de Rouen
Presse Med 36:158-65. 2007..Antithrombotic treatment must be prescribed on an emergency basis when the diagnosis is made, even if potentially hemorrhagic lesions are also present. The risk of permanent neurologic damage is approximately 13%...
- Ceruloplasmin prevents hemostatic disorders during experimental hyperammonemiaM V Osikov
Department of Pathophysiology, Chelyabinsk State Medical Academy
Bull Exp Biol Med 142:416-8. 2006..Ceruloplasmin in a total dose of 60 mg/kg effectively normalized coagulation hemostasis and functional activity of platelets by improving secretory processes in platelets and increasing aggregation rate...
- [Preoperative identification of patients with impaired (primary) haemostasis. A practical concept]J Koscielny
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Institut für Transfusionmedizin, Gerinnungsambulanz, Campus Charite Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin
Hamostaseologie 27:177-84. 2007..Based on these data, national regards are formulated or under construction...
- Snake envenomation in a north Indian hospitalN Sharma
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Emerg Med J 22:118-20. 2005..To study the clinical profile of snake envenomation in a tertiary referral north Indian hospital...
- [Hemostasis disorders in obstetrics and gynecology]L Heilmann
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, GPR Gesundheits und Pflegezentrum, Rüsselsheim gGmbH Klinikum, August Bebel Str 59, 65428 Rüsselsheim, Germany
Hamostaseologie 24:252-60. 2004..A survey is given on the clinical important haemostatic facts and diseases in gynaecology and obstetrics from the viewpoint of the gynecologist and obstetrician...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1: physiological and pathophysiological rolesBernd R Binder
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
News Physiol Sci 17:56-61. 2002..PAI-1 circulates actively in plasma and latently in platelets but is also secreted and deposited into the matrix by several cells, where it participates in tissue repair processes...
- Atherosclerotic and hemostatic abnormalities in patients undergoing hemodialysisFumihiko Kushiya
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu City, Mie Ken, Japan
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 9:53-60. 2003..5 in ABI. These findings suggest that patients undergoing HD have progressive atherosclerosis and that this is associated with some hemostatic abnormalities...
- [Hemostatic coronary risk factors in a healthy population of Maracaibo, Venezuela]Maria Diez-Ewald
Instituto de Investigaciones Clinicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad del Zulia, Apartado 1151, Maracaibo 4001 A, Venezuela
Invest Clin 44:21-30. 2003....
- Clinical studies on coronary revascularization in patients with type 2 diabetesKoon Hou Mak
Department of Cardiology, National Heart Centre, Singapore, Singapore
Eur Heart J 24:1087-103. 2003..Current strategies to improve outcomes in patients with diabetes undergoing coronary revascularization procedures are discussed...
- [A 50-year history of new drugs in Japan-the development and trends of hemostatics and antithrombotic drugs]Hikaru Ozawa
Oyo Yakuri Kenkyukai
Yakushigaku Zasshi 38:93-105. 2003..This may be due to the increasing tendency of cardiovascular thromboembolic diathesis in Japan. (The figures in parentheses are the years approved by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.)..
- Subclinical pulmonary haemorrhage causing a restrictive lung defect in three siblings with a unique urticarial vasculitis syndromeB M S Al Riyami
Department of Medicine, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Al Khod, Sultanate of Oman
Clin Rheumatol 22:309-13. 2003..We concluded that these patients had a unique familial variant of UVS with a previously unreported restrictive lung disease due to subclinical pulmonary haemorrhage...
- Haemostatic abnormalities in hepatosplenic schistosomiasis mansoniMasanobu Tanabe
Department of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Parasitol Int 52:351-9. 2003....
- Dieulafoy's lesion: management and long-term outcomeJ M Romaozinho
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Endoscopy 36:416-20. 2004..We studied the clinical pattern and long-term outcome in patients with Dieulafoy's lesion who were managed in a gastrointestinal intensive care unit...
- Right thoracic paravertebral analgesia for hepatectomyA M H Ho
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Br J Anaesth 93:458-61. 2004..We describe two patients who enjoyed immediate post-operative tracheal extubation and satisfactory analgesia using mainly right thoracic paravertebral analgesia after right lobe hepatectomy...
- [Coagulation analysis in transplantation patients]A Loew
Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburgerplatz 1, 13353 Berlin
Hamostaseologie 27:185-7. 2007..Underlying diseases leading to liver transplantation as well as the actual transplantation must be considered when interpreting the findings...