Summary: A form of necrotizing vasculitis involving small- and medium-sized arteries. The signs and symptoms result from infarction and scarring of the affected organ system.
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Development and validation of a consensus methodology for the classification of the ANCA-associated vasculitides and polyarteritis nodosa for epidemiological studiesRichard Watts
Department of Rheumatology, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust, Heath Road, Ipswich IP4 5PD, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 66:222-7. 2007The classification of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis (AAV) and polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) for epidemiology studies is confusing...
- Mutant adenosine deaminase 2 in a polyarteritis nodosa vasculopathyPaulina Navon Elkan
The authors affiliations are listed in the Appendix
N Engl J Med 370:921-31. 2014b>Polyarteritis nodosa is a systemic necrotizing vasculitis with a pathogenesis that is poorly understood...
- EULAR/PRINTO/PRES criteria for Henoch-Schönlein purpura, childhood polyarteritis nodosa, childhood Wegener granulomatosis and childhood Takayasu arteritis: Ankara 2008. Part II: Final classification criteriaSeza Ozen
Hacettepe University Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Rheumatology, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Ann Rheum Dis 69:798-806. 2010To validate the previously proposed classification criteria for Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP), childhood polyarteritis nodosa (c-PAN), c-Wegener granulomatosis (c-WG) and c-Takayasu arteritis (c-TA).
- EULAR/PRINTO/PRES criteria for Henoch-Schönlein purpura, childhood polyarteritis nodosa, childhood Wegener granulomatosis and childhood Takayasu arteritis: Ankara 2008. Part I: Overall methodology and clinical characterisationNicolino Ruperto
Paediatric Rheumatology INternational Trials Organisation PRINTO, IRCCS G Gaslini, Universita di Genova, Pediatria II Reumatologia, EULAR Centre of Excellence in Rheumatology 2008 2013, Largo Gaslini, 5, Genova 16147, Italy
Ann Rheum Dis 69:790-7. 2010..and overall clinical, laboratory and radiographic characteristics for Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP), childhood polyarteritis nodosa (c-PAN), c-Wegener granulomatosis (c-WG) and c-Takayasu arteritis (c-TA) classification criteria.
- Intravenous immunoglobulins as treatment of severe cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaI Marie
Departmentsof Internal Medicine, CHU Rouen, Rouen Cedex, France
Intern Med J 42:459-62. 2012We describe three patients with severe refractory cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa, resulting in painful ulcers involving the lower limbs and causing toe necrosis...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa in patients presenting with atrophie blancheD Mimouni
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunodermatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Suite 771, Ross Research Building, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Br J Dermatol 148:789-94. 2003..Medium-sized vasculitides, such as polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), occasionally present with ulceration resulting in ivory-white stellate scarring on the lower limbs ..
- Renal infarction due to polyarteritis nodosa in a patient with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: a case report and a brief review of the literatureMaria Raffaella Ambrosio
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Pathological Anatomy Section, University of Siena, Via delle Scotte, Siena, 6 53100, Italy
Diagn Pathol 7:50. 2012..b>Polyarteritis nodosa is an autoimmune disease characterized by necrotizing vasculitis of medium vessels, which rarely develops ..
- Polyarteritis nodosa-like vasculitis in association with minocycline use: a single-center case seriesTanaz A Kermani
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 42:213-21. 2012To describe the clinical features, treatment, and outcomes of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN)-like vasculitis in association with minocycline therapy.
- Medium-size-vessel vasculitisMichael J Dillon
Nephrourology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 25:1641-52. 2010Medium-size-artery vasculitides do occur in childhood and manifest, in the main, as polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), cutaneous PAN and Kawasaki disease...
- Dramatic regression of mesenteric abnormalities demonstrated on angiography following prednisolone and cyclophosphamide combination therapy in a patient with polyarteritis nodosa associated with Sjögren's syndromeSonosuke Yukawa
Department of Rheumatology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:416-21. 2008..The colonoscopy showed multiple colonic ulcers, and a diagnosis of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) was made because abdominal angiography revealed markedly serpentine and narrowed superior and ..
- Myasthenia gravis with cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaF el Sayed
Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:215-7. 2006Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa presents with typical cutaneous lesions of polyarteritis nodosa without visceral involvement at the time of diagnosis...
- Hepatitis C virus-associated polyarteritis nodosaD Saadoun
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:427-35. 2011To analyze the main characteristics and outcome of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN)-type vasculitis associated with hepatitis C virus (HCV).
- Postirradiation morphea and subcutaneous polyarteritis nodosa: case report and literature reviewSoumya M Reddy
Division of Rheumatology, New York University School of Medicine Hospital for Joint Diseases, NY, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 34:728-34. 2005To describe a case of postirradiation morphea and subcutaneous polyarteritis nodosa occurring simultaneously in a patient and to review the literature on postirradiation autoimmune phenomenon and the potential pathogenesis of such changes.
- Successful treatment of hepatitis B virus associated polyarteritis nodosa with a combination of prednisolone, alpha-interferon and lamivudineA Erhardt
Klinik fur Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Infektologie, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf Germany
J Hepatol 33:677-83. 2000..b>Polyarteritis nodosa was confirmed by biopsy...
- Polyarteritis nodosa and microscopic polyangiitis: etiologic and diagnostic considerationsLaura B Hughes
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 415 Lyons Harrison Research Building, Birmingham, AL 35294 0007, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 4:75-82. 2002b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a systemic necrotizing vasculitis of medium-sized vessels with clinical manifestations resulting from ischemia and infarction of affected tissues and organs...
- Post-infantile giant cell hepatitis associated with autoimmune hepatitis and polyarteritis nodosaJ Koskinas
Academic Dept of Medicine, Hippocration General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:120-3. 2002..with corticosteroid-responsive giant cell hepatitis associated with typical manifestations and changes of polyarteritis nodosa from the kidney and central nervous system...
- Spontaneous liver haemorrhage and haemobilia as initial presentation of undiagnosed polyarteritis nodosaN Battula
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e163-5. 2012b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a systemic necrotising vasculitis that could result in multifocal aneurysms of visceral arteries. Isolated multiple aneurysms of the hepatic arteries in the setting of PAN is extremely rare...
- [The peculiarities of renal lesion in nodular polyarteritis]O V Klimenko
Klin Med (Mosk) 84:44-50. 2006..The relative risk of lethal outcome was the highest in nephrotic proteinuria (3.5) and malignant AH (2.9). In 56% of cases death was caused by cardiovascular complications, in 18%--chronic renal failure, in 11%--abdominal complications...
- A paradigm of diagnostic criteria for polyarteritis nodosa: analysis of a series of 949 patients with vasculitidesCorneliu Henegar
Hopital Cochin, Paris 5 René Descartes University, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:1528-38. 2008To establish a set of clinical and paraclinical criteria potentially useful as a diagnostic screening tool for polyarteritis nodosa (PAN).
- Polyarteritis nodosa presenting with splenic infarction, bilateral renal infarction, and hematomaSelman Unverdi
Department of Nephrology, Ankara Educational and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
South Med J 102:972-3. 2009b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a necrotizing vasculitis and may affect multiple organ systems. Due to the rupture of microaneurysms, perirenal hematomas may occur in both kidneys...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa associated with precore mutant hepatitis B infectionM B Y Tang
Br J Dermatol 149:914-5. 2003
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa presented with digital gangrene: a case reportSeung Won Choi
Department of Internal Medicine, Ulsan University Hospital, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Dong Gu, Ulsan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:371-3. 2006Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa (CPAN) is an uncommon form of vasculitis involving small and medium sized arteries of unknown etiology...
- Hyperreninemic hypertension secondary to a subcapsular perinephric hematoma in a patient with polyarteritis nodosaT J Pintar
University of Wisconsin Madison Hospital and Clinics 53792, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 32:503-7. 1998..We report a case of a Page kidney in a young man with hepatitis B virus-associated polyarteritis nodosa. The patient presented with severe hypertension, hypokalemia, hyperreninemia, and radiographic evidence of ..
- Successful coil embolization of a ruptured hepatic aneurysm in a patient with polyarteritis nodosa accompanied by angioimmunoblastic T cell lymphomaMasahiro Nakashima
Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama, 359 8513, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:1362-4. 2007b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PN) occasionally develops in association with malignant disorders. A 71-year-old man suddenly suffered from bleeding due to the rupture of a hepatic artery aneurysm...
- High titer of anti-phosphatidylserine-prothrombin complex antibodies in patients with cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaTamihiro Kawakami
St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 57:1507-13. 2007To investigate possible correlations between cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa (CPN) and antiphospholipid syndrome-associated antibodies.
- Polyarteritis nodosa and Churg-Strauss angiitis: characteristics and outcome in 38 patients over 65 yearsLuc Mouthon
Department of Internal Medicine, Hôpital Avicenne and Université Paris Nord, Bobigny, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 81:27-40. 2002
- Polyarteritis nodosa as a presenting feature of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytomaD Hothi
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:245-6. 2004
- Treating polyarteritis nodosa: current state of the artMathilde de Menthon
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Saint Louis, University Paris 7 Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S110-6. 2011Defining treatment guidelines for polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is complicated by the evolving definition and classification of this vasculitis, and because clinical trials have included patients with PAN, microscopic polyangiitis or, ..
- Cranial nerve involvement with juvenile polyarteritis nodosa: clinical manifestations and treatmentDawn M Wahezi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, 3415 Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Pediatrics 126:e719-22. 2010Juvenile polyarteritis nodosa, a rare systemic vasculitis, may present with a wide variety of clinical manifestations...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa treated with intravenous immunoglobulinsI Lobo
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:880-2. 2008
- Polyarteritis nodosa in association with subarachnoid hemorrhageMasahiro Oomura
Cerebrovascular Division, Department of Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka
Intern Med 45:655-8. 2006We report a 65-year-old man with classic polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) who developed subarachnoid hemorrhage...
- Polyarteritis nodosaJohn H Stone
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
JAMA 288:1632-9. 2002b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is regarded rightly as the grandfather of the vasculitides. In this Grand Rounds, the case of a 30-year-old man with a 12-year illness is described...
- Catastrophic Kawasaki disease or juvenile Polyarteritis nodosa?Marco A Yamazaki-Nakashimada
Clinical Immunology Department, Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Mexico City, Mexico
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:349-54. 2006Juvenile Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and Kawasaki Disease (KD) are disseminated vasculitides of unknown cause affecting small- and medium-sized vessels in children...
- Successful treatment of pediatric systemic polyarteritis nodosa with cholestatic hepatitisHan Jung Park
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Youngtong gu Woncheon dong San 5, Suwon, South Korea
Clin Rheumatol 26:122-4. 2007b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a rare vasculitis in children. We report a case of 5-year-old boy with systemic PAN and cholestatic hepatitis. He had fever, abdominal pain, and gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Increased serum levels of interleukin-8 in polyarteritis nodosa and Behçet's diseaseAlzírton de Lira Freire
Department of Rheumatology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Av Boa Viagem, 5868 53 Recife, CEP 51030 000 Pernambuco, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 23:203-5. 2004The pathogenesis of Behçet's disease (BD) and polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is not yet well established. Endothelial cells have been shown to express chemokines that are involved in inflammatory processes...
- Deaths occurring during the first year after treatment onset for polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome: a retrospective analysis of causes and factors predictive of mortality based on 595 patientsAnne Bourgarit
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Avicenne, UPRES EA 3409 Université Paris XIII, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:323-30. 2005..the files of 60 patients who died within the first year (20 patients with hepatitis B virus-associated polyarteritis nodosa [HBV-PAN], 18 with non-HBV PAN, 13 with microscopic polyangiitis [MPA], and 9 with Churg-Strauss syndrome [..
- [A case of polyarteritis nodosa successfully treated by rituximab]Koshiro Sonomoto
Department of Internal Medicine, National Hospital Organization, Kyushu Medical Center
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 31:119-23. 2008..He was diagnosed with polyarteritis nodosa due to the cutaneous ulcer, mononeuritis multiplex, muscular pain, elevated serum CRP level and from ..
- Recurrent polyarteritis nodosa limited to the testisYasushi Tanuma
Department of Urology, Takikawa Municipal Hospital, Hokkaido, Japan
J Urol 170:1953. 2003
- Central nervous system involvement in a child with polyarteritis nodosa and severe atopic dermatitisBlanca Morfín-Maciel
Department of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Mexico City, Mexico
Rev Alerg Mex 49:189-95. 2002b>Polyarteritis nodosa is a diffuse vasculitis of small- and medium-sized muscular arteries that can involve the vessels of one or several organ systems...
- Polyarteritis nodosa and extrahepatic manifestations of HBV infection: the case against autoimmune intervention in pathogenesisC Trepo
, , , Lyon, Cedex 02, 69288, France
J Autoimmun 16:269-74. 2001..B (arthralgias or arthritis, skin rashes, glomerulonephritis and neuritis), all of which are present in polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) which is the most unique and spectacular extrahepatic manifestation...
- Pancreaticoduodenal arterial rupture and hemoabdomen in ACI/SegHsd rats with polyarteritis nodosaJoyce K Cohen
Tri Institutional Training Program in Laboratory Animal Medicine and Science, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
Comp Med 57:370-6. 2007..Although documented in Sprague-Dawley and spontaneously hypertensive rats, polyarteritis nodosa has not previously been reported in ACI/SegHsd rats. ACII SegHsd rats were maintained on high-fat (40...
- Life-threatening hepatitis C virus-associated polyarteritis nodosa successfully treated by rituximabAntoine Neel
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Hotel Dieu, Nantes, France
J Clin Rheumatol 17:439-41. 2011By contrast to cryoglobulinemic vasculitis, polyarteritis nodosa associated with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is rare and still a controversial entity. The best treatment for this condition is not established...
- Polyarteritis nodosa limited to calf muscles: a case report and review of the literatureTadashi Nakamura
Section of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Kumamoto Center for Arthritis and Rheumatology, 1 15 7 Kuhonji, Kumamoto 862 0976, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 22:149-53. 2003We describe an unusual case of a 38-year-old woman with a localised form of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) manifested by acute onset of severe calf pain...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa: a comprehensive reviewAaron Joseph Morgan
Dermatology and Pathology, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
Int J Dermatol 49:750-6. 2010Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa is a rare form of vasculitis relating to small-to-medium-sized arteries. Its etiology is unknown...
- Successful pregnancy complicated by microscopic polyarteritis nodosaK Owada
Clin Nephrol 63:500-2. 2005
- Short-term corticosteroids then lamivudine and plasma exchanges to treat hepatitis B virus-related polyarteritis nodosaL Guillevin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Arthritis Rheum 51:482-7. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of lamivudine, an antiviral agent that strongly inhibits hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA replication, combined with plasma exchanges after short-term corticosteroids for HBV-related polyartertitis nodosa (PAN)...
- High frequency of venous thromboembolic events in Churg-Strauss syndrome, Wegener's granulomatosis and microscopic polyangiitis but not polyarteritis nodosa: a systematic retrospective study on 1130 patientsY Allenbach
The National Referral Center for Necrotizing Vasculitides and Systemic Sclerosis, Department of Internal Medicine, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Rheum Dis 68:564-7. 2009To determine the frequency and risk factors of venous thromboembolic events (VTE) in Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) and, the so far unstudied, Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS) and polyarteritis nodosa (PAN).
- A case of spontaneous perirenal hemorrhage secondary to polyarteritis nodosaChristopher Nguan
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can J Urol 9:1704-6. 2002A case report of a patient who develops a spontaneous perinephric hemorrhage secondary to polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is described...
- Case reports: testicular pain as a manifestation of polyarteritis nodosaJ Meeuwissen
General Internal Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Rheumatol 27:1463-6. 2008b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a necrotising vasculitis of medium-sized vessels of unknown origin...
- Treatment of hepatitis B virus-related polyarteritis nodosa: two case reports and a review of the literatureD H Deeren
Department of Internal Medicine, Campus Stuivenberg, Algemeen Centrumziekenhuis Antwerpen, Lange Beeldekensstraat 267, 2060, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Rheumatol 23:172-6. 2004A substantial number of cases of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) are related to hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Different treatment strategies are reported in the literature...
- Severe renal impairment in the case of classic polyarteritis nodosaS A Bakkaloglu
Department of Pathology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 16:148-50. 2001A 14-year-old boy with classic polyarteritis nodosa (cPAN) and a clinical picture resembling rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis (RPGN) is described...
- [A case of polyarteritis nodosa limited to both calves with a low titer of MPO-ANCA]K Iwamasa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Onsen-gun, Ehime
Ryumachi 41:875-9. 2001..These findings supported the diagnosis of limited type of polyarteritis nodosa (PN)...
- Unusual presentation of polyarteritis nodosaC Hall
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0563, USA
J Rheumatol 28:871-3. 2001We describe an unusual presentation of a localized form of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) manifested by acute onset of severe calf pain. Biopsies of the gastrocnemius muscle and fascia revealed an acute necrotizing arteritis with fasciitis...
- Clinical features and outcomes in 348 patients with polyarteritis nodosa: a systematic retrospective study of patients diagnosed between 1963 and 2005 and entered into the French Vasculitis Study Group DatabaseChristian Pagnoux
Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 62:616-26. 2010Previous studies of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) included patients with microscopic polyangiitis, because these entities were not distinguished prior to the Chapel Hill Consensus Conference (CHCC)...
- Testicular polyarteritis nodosa mimicking testicular neoplasmGokhan Atis
Goztepe Training and Research Hospital, 2nd Urology Clinic, Istanbul
ScientificWorldJournal 10:1915-8. 2010b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) presents mostly as a systemic disease characterized by necrotizing vasculitis affecting small- and medium-sized arteries...
- Embolization of a bleeding aneurysm in a patient with spontaneous perirenal haematoma due to Polyarteritis nodosaJorge Hidalgo
Department of Urology, Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Esp Urol 58:694-7. 2005To report a rare case of a Spontaneous perirenal haematoma due to Polyarteritis nodosa treated with a selective embolización of the bleeding aneurysm...
- A case of polyarteritis nodosa presenting initially as peripheral vascular diseaseSerge De Golovine
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1528-31. 2008b>Polyarteritis nodosa is a rare necrotizing vasculitis that can be progressive and fatal, and its initial presenting symptom may be leg claudication due to peripheral vascular ischemia...
- Comparison of cutaneous manifestations in systemic polyarteritis nodosa and microscopic polyangiitisN Kluger
Service de Dermatologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, F 75020 Paris, France
Br J Dermatol 159:615-20. 2008The cutaneous manifestations of microscopic polyangiitis (MPA) and polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) have not been compared since their distinction...
- Successful treatment of childhood cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa with infliximabJ Vega Gutierrez
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:570-1. 2007
- Vasculitides associated with malignancies: analysis of sixty patientsOlivier Fain
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Jean Verdier, Universite Paris, Bondy, France
Arthritis Rheum 57:1473-80. 2007..To describe characteristics and outcomes of vasculitides associated with malignancies...
- Choroidal infarction, anterior ischemic optic neuropathy, and central retinal artery occlusion from polyarteritis nodosaC T Hsu
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287-9204, USA
Retina 21:348-51. 2001PURPOSE: Ocular ischemia from polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is rare. The authors present a case of multifocal ocular infarction from PAN...
- Intravenous immunoglobulins in polyarteritis nodosa restricted to the limbs: case reports and review of the literatureA Balbir-Gurman
B Shine Department of Rheumatology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Clin Exp Rheumatol 25:S28-30. 2007b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) of the calf muscles is a rare form of vasculitis...
- Prevalences of polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyangiitis, Wegener's granulomatosis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome in a French urban multiethnic population in 2000: a capture-recapture estimateAlfred Mahr
INSERM SC11, Paris, and Hôpital Avicenne, Universite Paris Nord, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Bobigny, France
Arthritis Rheum 51:92-9. 2004To estimate the prevalences of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), and Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS).
- Calcified ureteral stricture in a child with polyarteritis nodosaPatricio C Gargollo
Departments of Urology and Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 171:1254-5. 2004
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaJose L Diaz-Perez
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Cruces, Baracaldo, Vizcaya, Spain
Semin Cutan Med Surg 26:77-86. 2007The term polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) presently includes classic systemic PAN, cutaneous PAN, and microscopic PAN (microscopic polyangeiitis)...
- Visceral leishmaniasis in a patient treated for polyarteritis nodosaP Scatena
Department of Medicine IV, Azienda Ospedaliera Pisana, Via Paradisa 2, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 21:S121-3. 2003We report a case of visceral leishmaniasis in a patient receiving steroids and cyclophosphamide for polyarteritis nodosa. The clinical presentation of leishmaniasis, with fever, pancitopenia and hypergammaglobulinemia may be confused with ..
- Minocycline-induced cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaRodney Tehrani
Division of Allergy, Rheumatology, and Immunology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 13:146-9. 2007..We report the case of an 18-year-old female patient who developed minocycline-induced cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa after taking minocycline for acne vulgaris...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa: revisiting its definition and diagnostic criteriaTomoyuki Nakamura
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1, Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 0012, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 301:117-21. 2009b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PN) is a classical collagen disease with poor prognosis that demonstrates systemic necrotizing vasculitis of small and medium-sized arteries. Cutaneous symptoms are observed in 25-60% of PN patients...
- Prevalence of the MEFV gene mutations in childhood polyarteritis nodosaFatos Yalcinkaya
Ankara University School of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr 151:675-8. 2007..that alterations in the Mediterranean fever (MEFV) gene are a susceptibility factor for the development of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) we investigated the prevalence of MEFV mutations in patients with PAN without any symptoms of ..
- Juvenile polyarteritis: results of a multicenter survey of 110 childrenSeza Ozen
Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr 145:517-22. 2004To characterize pediatric patients who had been diagnosed with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) through necrotizing vasculitis of the small and mid-size arteries or those with characteristic findings on angiograms data were collected.
- Successive development of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa, leucocytoclastic vasculitis and Sweet's syndrome in a patient with cervical lymphadenitis caused by Mycobacterium fortuitumH H Chen
Department of Dermatology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 151:1096-100. 2004..fortuitum is rare. We report a 46-year-old woman in whom skin lesions of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa, leucocytoclastic vasculitis and Sweet's syndrome had successively developed before the diagnosis of ..
- A new treatment for polyarteritis nodosaKenneth Wu
Renal Unit, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, LS9 7TF, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1710-2. 2006
- Infliximab in a child with therapy-resistant systemic vasculitisSandra W K de Kort
Amphia Hospital, Breda, The Netherlands
Clin Rheumatol 25:769-71. 2006..We describe a 10-year-old girl with systemic vasculitis resistant to immunosuppressive treatment who had a rapid and impressive response to treatment with infliximab...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa in childrenBasil M Fathalla
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, Tufts University New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:724-8. 2005..of medium-sized cutaneous arteries with a mixed inflammatory cell infiltrate consistent with cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa (4/4)...
- Hepatitis B virus-associated polyarteritis nodosa: clinical characteristics, outcome, and impact of treatment in 115 patientsLoic Guillevin
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:313-22. 2005Hepatitis B virus-associated polyarteritis nodosa (HBV-PAN) is a typical form of classic PAN whose pathogenesis has been attributed to immune-complex deposition with antigen excess...
- A case of polyarteritis nodosa complicated by left central retinal artery occlusion, ischemic optic neuropathy, and retinal vasculitisY Emad
Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Rheumatol 26:814-6. 2007..of both lower limbs and revealed typical beading of distal arterial branches, a diagnosis compatible with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN)...
- A rare case of splenic infarct presenting with acute abdominal pain due to polyarteritis nodosa: case report and review of the literatureBurçak Kabaoğlu
VKV Amerikan Hospital, Department of General Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 11:242-6. 2005..showed diffuse acute vasculitis, thrombosis, panvasculitis which led us to diagnose the case as "polyarteritis nodosa"...
- Acute pachymeningitis mimicking subdural hematoma in a patient with polyarteritis nodosaJung Soo Song
Department of Rheumatology Medicine, Chung Ang University School of Medicine, 7 206, 3 Ga, Shinhung dong, Jung Gu, Incheon, 400 711, South Korea
Rheumatol Int 25:637-40. 2005Pachymeningitis is a very rare neurologic manifestation of polyarteritis nodosa (PAN). This report describes a case of acute pachymeningitis that was, initially, misdiagnosed as subdural hematoma on the brain CT of a patient with PAN...
- Clinical features of polyarteritis nodosa in KoreaYoung Deok Bae
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:591-5. 2006b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a systemic vasculitis characterized by multi-organ involvement with protean manifestations. We evaluated the clinical features of PAN in Korea...
- Refractory polyarteritis nodosa successfully treated with infliximabJamal Al-Bishri
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 32:1371-3. 2005We describe a woman with severe polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) with visceral involvement unresponsive to multiple immunosuppressive drugs. Infliximab treatment was very effective in this case...
- Renal involvement of polyarteritis nodosa: CT and MR findingsKumi Ozaki
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8641, Japan
Abdom Imaging 34:265-70. 2009To evaluate the imaging findings in patients with renal involvement of Polyarteritis nodosa (PN) to diagnose as early as possible.
- Gastrointestinal involvement in polyarteritis nodosaEllen C Ebert
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:960-6. 2008b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a necrotizing, focal segmental vasculitis that affects predominantly medium-sized arteries in many different organ systems...
- EULAR/PReS endorsed consensus criteria for the classification of childhood vasculitidesS Ozen
Department of Paediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey, and Paediatric Nephrology, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, London, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 65:936-41. 2006..There has been a lack of appropriate classification criteria for vasculitis in children...
- Polyarteritis nodosa resistant to conventional treatment in a pediatric patientMaría Angeles González-Fernández
Department of Pharmacy, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Ann Pharmacother 41:885-90. 2007To report the case of a child diagnosed with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) that was unresponsive to conventional treatment alone but improved with the addition of iloprost and bosentan to her drug regimen.
- Acute cholecystitis at initial presentation of polyarteritis nodosaSandra Regina Muchinechi Fernandes
Disciplina de Reumatologia, Departamento de Clinica Medica, FCM UNICAMP, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 24:625-7. 2005b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a systemic vasculitis of unknown etiology. Although gastrointestinal involvement may be seen in half of the cases of PAN, vasculitis of the gallbladder at the disease onset is a rare presentation...
- Long-term followup of polyarteritis nodosa, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Strauss syndrome: analysis of four prospective trials including 278 patientsM Gayraud
H pital Avicenne, Bobigny, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:666-75. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine the long-term outcome of patients with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN), microscopic polyangiitis (MPA), and Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS), to compare the long-term outcome with the overall French population, to evaluate ..
- Ocular tilt reaction due to a mesencephalic lesion in juvenile polyarteritis nodosaNicola K Ragge
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 135:249-51. 2003To describe a case of ocular tilt reaction caused by vasculitic lesions in the midbrain in a child with polyarteritis nodosa.
- Diffuse endothelial dysfunction is common to ANCA associated systemic vasculitis and polyarteritis nodosaA D Filer
Department of Rheumatology, University of Birmingham, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 62:162-7. 2003..It has previously been shown that such endothelial cell dysfunction (ECD) occurring in the brachial artery can complicate primary systemic necrotising vasculitis (SNV)...
- Vasculitis: Wegener granulomatosis, Churg-Strauss syndrome, microscopic polyangiitis, polyarteritis nodosa, and Takayasu arteritisStephen K Frankel
Interstitial Lung Disease Program, Department of Medicine, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Crit Care Clin 18:855-79. 2002..However, with appropriate therapy, the morbidity and mortality of these diseases can be markedly improved and allow the individual patient to return to their previous functional state...
- Polyarteritis nodosa in patients with Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF): a concomitant disease or a feature of FMF?S Ozen
Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Semin Arthritis Rheum 30:281-7. 2001..Vasculitis has been increasingly reported in FMF. A study evaluating the prognosis in FMF and polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) patients has not been reported previously.
- Acalculous gangrenous cholecystitis in a young adult: a gastrointestinal manifestation of polyarteritis nodosaEmre Gorgun
Department of General Surgery, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:359-61. 2002The authors report a rare case of an acalculous gangrenous cholecystitis due to a form of vasculitis, polyarteritis nodosa (PAN)...
- Arterial distensibility in children and teenagers: normal evolution and the effect of childhood vasculitisY F Cheung
Department of Cardiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust and Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 87:348-51. 2002b>Polyarteritis nodosa is a necrotising vasculitis of the medium sized and small muscular arteries. The inflammatory and subsequent reparative processes may alter the arterial mechanical properties...
- Severe abdominal involvement as the initial manifestation of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa in a young girlF Falcini
Department of Paediatrics, Rheumatology and Gastroenterology Unit, University of Florence, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:349-51. 2001..We report a young girl who developed ingravescent intestinal symptoms as the first manifestation of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) while the typical skin nodules developed later during the disease course...
- Cutaneous polyarteritis nodosaA Bauza
Department of Dermatology, University Clinic of Navarra, School of Medicine, Pamplona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 146:694-9. 2002Classic polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a segmentary leucocytoclastic vasculitis that affects small- and medium-sized arteries...
- Renal angiography in children with polyarteritis nodosaPaul A Brogan
Department of Nephrourology, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford St, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 17:277-83. 2002This study describes the angiographic findings in children with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN). Visceral angiograms of 25 children with PAN were reviewed retrospectively by two independent radiologists...
- Gastrointestinal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa (1986-2000): presentation and outcomes in 24 patientsStuart M Levine
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center, Johns Hopkins University, 1830 E Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Med 112:386-91. 2002Gastrointestinal involvement in polyarteritis nodosa carries a poor prognosis...
- Successful treatment in two cases of steroid-dependent cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa with low-dose methotrexateN E Schartz
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Dermatology 203:336-8. 2001To the best of our knowledge, only 3 cases of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) treated successfully with methotrexate (MTX) have been reported in the medical literature...
- The significance of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody in microscopic polyangitis and classic polyarteritis nodosaA Bakkaloglu
Department of Pediatric Nephrology and Rheumatology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, , Ankara, Turkey
Arch Dis Child 85:427-30. 2001AIMS: To describe the distribution and features of classic polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and microscopic polyarteritis (MPA) and the importance of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) in childhood PAN...
- Long-term follow-up of juvenile-onset cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa associated with streptococcal infectionS H Till
Central Sheffield University Hospitals Trust
Br J Rheumatol 36:909-11. 1997b>Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) is a multisystem inflammatory disease associated with necrotizing vasculitis of small and medium arteries. Although predominantly an adult disease, PAN is well described in children...
- Familial vasculitis: report of 2 familiesM Rottem
Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID, National Institutes of Health (NIH, Bethesda, MD
J Rheumatol 21:561-3. 1994We observed systematic vasculitis (polyarteritis nodosa and Wegener's granulomatosis) in several members of 2 different families...
- Isolated testicular polyarteritis nodosa mimicking testicular neoplasm-long-term follow-upZohar A Dotan
Department of Urology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Urology 62:352. 2003b>Polyarteritis nodosa is a systemic vasculitis characterized by segmental necrotizing lesions of medium and small-size arteries. Rarely, the inflammatory process is isolated and involves a single organ without systemic manifestations...
- Vasculitis Clinical Research ConsortiumPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Takayasu's arteritis, polyarteritis nodosa, Wegener's granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis, and Churg-Straus Syndrome...
- GENETIC MOUSE MODELS FOR CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASEDaniel Bullard; Fiscal Year: 2006Systemic lupus erythematosus, Wegener's granulomatosis, and polyarteritis nodosa are chronic inflammatory diseases that have vasculitis as a major component...
- Genetic Polymorphisms in Rheumatoid ArthritisEric Matteson; Fiscal Year: 2004..The mentorship program proposed in this grant is critical to this long-term goal. ..
- Genetics of Severe Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) defined by thrombocytopeniaR Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, Specific Aim 4 will assemble a new cohort of families multiplex for SLE so that linkages and associations as well as particular polvmorphisms can be prospectively confirmed. ..
- The X chromosome in systemic lupus erythematosusR Hal Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will determine whether the presence of two X chromosomes is a risk factor for women and men with Klinefelter's syndrome (47,XXY). ..
- Sjogren's model with anti-Ro/La and Salivary Pathology and DysfunctionR Hal Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2010..Improved understanding of the disease at a fundamental level is possible through study of animal models. Such understanding may lead to improved recognition and treatment. ..
- Mechanism of Action of Inhibitory CpG OligonucleotidesPetar Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Therapeutic use of inhibitory DNA sequences in animal models of lupusPetar Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future extension of these studies to humans may lead to the design of novel therapeutic agents for human SLE. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Henoch Schonlein Purpura and Corticosteroid TreatmentPAMELA WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRAYMOND MORRIS JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- Mechanisms of Shear-Regulated Vein Graft RemodelingScott Berceli; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into these signaling pathways, in combination with development of these powerful gene inhibition techniques, offers the potential for direct application to the clinical setting. ..
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute to our understanding of CPPD deposition disease, so that effective therapies for this common and disabling form of arthritis can be designed. ..
- Translational Research in Systemic VasculitisJohn Stone; Fiscal Year: 2006..Stone), using patient samples and clinical data from the Vasculitis Center. ..
- Retrovirus Isolation from Primary Biliary CirrhosisAndrew Mason; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Immunobiology of ChlamydiaRaymond Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) To determine the effect of adoptive transfer of mucosal CD8 and CD4 T lymphocytes on the natural course of MoPn genital tract infections. ..
- RETROVIRAL ETIOLOGY OF PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISAndrew Mason; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..