Genomes and Genes
Summary: The tearing or herniation of the weakened wall of the aneurysmal sac.
Publications218 found, 100 shown here
- Cerebral Aneurysm Multicenter European Onyx (CAMEO) trial: results of a prospective observational study in 20 European centersAndrew J Molyneux
Neurovascular Research Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:39-51. 2004....
- Endovascular coil embolization for anterior choroidal artery aneurysmsByung Moon Kim
Department of Radiology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 108 Pyung dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul 110 746, South Korea
Neuroradiology 50:251-7. 2008..We retrospectively evaluated the ischemic complications related to the anterior choroidal artery (AChA) and clinical outcome after coiling of AChA aneurysms...
- Neuropsychological sequelae of patients treated with microsurgical clipping or endovascular embolization for anterior communicating artery aneurysmAgnes Chan
Department of Psychology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, PRC
Eur Neurol 47:37-44. 2002..Thus, the present study is designed to examine the cognitive deficits of patients treated with either surgical clipping or coil embolization...
- Intraventricular hemorrhage from ruptured aneurysm: clinical characteristics, complications, and outcomes in a large, prospective, multicenter study populationDavid S Rosen
Department of Surgery, Section of Neurosurgery, Neurocritical Care and Acute Stroke Program, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosurg 107:261-5. 2007..In this study the authors analyzed the relationship of intraventricular hemorrhage (IVH) to in-hospital complications and clinical outcome in a large population of patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- Rupture of intracranial aneurysms during treatment with Guglielmi detachable coils: incidence, outcome, and risk factorsM Sluzewski
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 94:238-40. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence and outcome of procedure-related rupture of intracranial aneurysms in patients treated with Guglielmi detachable coils (GDCs) and to identify risk factors for this complication...
- Retreatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms in patients randomized by coiling or clipping in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT)Adriana Campi
Neurovascular Research Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Stroke 38:1538-44. 2007....
- Expression of structural proteins and angiogenic factors in normal arterial and unruptured and ruptured aneurysm wallsTurker Kilic
Department of Neurosurgery, Marmara University, and Laboratory of Molecular Neurosurgery, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 57:997-1007; discussion 997-1007. 2005....
- Prevalence and risk of rupture of intracranial aneurysms: a systematic reviewG J Rinkel
University Department of Neurology Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 29:251-6. 1998..We conducted a systematic review on prevalence and risk of rupture of intracranial aneurysms and classified the data according to study design, study population, and aneurysm characteristics...
- The presence of tandem endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms identifying brain aneurysms more prone to ruptureVini G Khurana
Department of Neurologic Surgery, Mayo Stroke Center and Microarray Shared Resource, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neurosurg 102:526-31. 2005....
- Aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage and the anaesthetistH J Priebe
Department of Anaesthesia, University Hospital, Hugstetter Str 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Br J Anaesth 99:102-18. 2007..Effective measures to prevent or attenuate increases in intracranial pressure, brain swelling, and cerebral vasospasm throughout all phases of anaesthesia are prerequisite for optimal outcome...
- Fatal bleeding from arterial dissection after clipping of a ruptured aneurysm--case reportYasunobu Goto
Department of Neurosurgery, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Kurashiki, Okayama
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 43:608-11. 2003..The fatal dissection may have resulted from atherosclerosis, hemodynamic stress caused by hypertension, or trauma due to surgical manipulation...
- Endovascular treatment of basilar artery trunk aneurysms with Guglielmi detachable coils: clinical experience with 41 aneurysms in 39 patientsK Uda
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90024, USA
J Neurosurg 95:624-32. 2001..Endosaccular obliteration of these aneurysms also decreases the possibility of unwanted occlusion of perforating arteries to the brainstem...
- Late recurrence of subarachnoid hemorrhage after treatment for ruptured aneurysms: patient characteristics and outcomesMarieke J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurosurgery 56:197-204; discussion 197-204. 2005..We assessed the characteristics, complications of re-treatment, and outcomes of patients with recurrent SAH as important factors in determining whether to screen patients for new aneurysms...
- Ruptured aneurysm of the sinus of valsalva into the right atrium without ventricular septal defect: a case report and literature reviewShuo Tsan Lee
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 21:517-21. 2005..This was a rare case of noncoronary cusp involvement in ASV that ruptured into the right atrium without VSD...
- Natural history of unruptured intracranial aneurysms: probability of and risk factors for aneurysm ruptureS Juvela
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
J Neurosurg 93:379-87. 2000....
- Clinical and radiographic outcome in the management of posterior circulation aneurysms by use of direct surgical or endovascular techniquesChristopher S Ogilvy
Department of Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Neurosurgery 51:14-21; discussion 21-2. 2002..Patients considered at high risk for surgery were managed with endovascular treatment...
- Case report: acute subdural hematoma due to angiographically unvisualized ruptured aneurysmEmiko Hori
Department of Neurosurgery, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Surg Neurol 64:144-6. 2005We report a case of acute subdural hematoma (SDH) due to angiographically unvisualized ruptured aneurysm.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage not due to ruptured aneurysm in moyamoya diseaseAiki Marushima
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1, Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 13:146-9. 2006..SAH not due to ruptured aneurysm in moyamoya disease is rare...
- Clinical usefulness of unsubtracted 3D digital angiography compared with rotational digital angiography in the pretreatment evaluation of intracranial aneurysmsToshinori Hirai
Department of Radiology, Amakusa Medical Center, 854 1 Kameba, Hondo, Kumamato 863 0046, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1067-74. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess whether 3D DA provides additional useful information to that of rotational DA in the preoperative evaluation of intracranial aneurysms...
- Ruptured aneurysm of the inferior thyroid artery: repair with coil embolizationH Edward Garrett
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Vasc Surg 42:1226-9. 2005..reveals that this is the second patient known to be successfully treated by arterial embolization of a ruptured aneurysm of the inferior thyroid artery and the fifteenth known case of aneurysm of the inferior thyroid artery...
- The isolated internal iliac artery aneurysm--a reviewF P Dix
Department of Vascular Surgery, Burnley General Hospital, Burnley, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 30:119-29. 2005..This paper reviews the available literature regarding the epidemiology, aetiology, natural history, diagnosis and management with a focus on aneurysms of atherosclerotic origin...
- Ruptured aneurysm of the anomalous cerebellar artery originating from internal carotid artery presenting with carotid cavernous fistula: a case reportYong Sam Shin
Department of Neurosurgery, Ajou University College of Medicine, Kyongi do, Republic of Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:1849-51. 2005We report a case of a ruptured aneurysm of the anomalous cerebellar artery originating from internal carotid artery presenting with a carotid cavernous fistula (CCF)...
- Endovascular treatment of a ruptured aneurysm of the inferior thyroid artery. Case report and literature reviewJ Heckenkamp
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Koeln, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:193-6. 2007..We present a patient who developed dysphagia and respiratory distress caused by a ruptured aneurysm of the right inferior thyroid artery...
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured dissecting aneurysms aimed at occlusion of the dissected site by using Guglielmi detachable coilsI Yamaura
Department of Neurosurgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Japan
J Neurosurg 90:853-6. 1999..In this article the authors present their experience in treating six patients with ruptured dissecting aneurysms...
- Predictors of rehemorrhage after treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms: the Cerebral Aneurysm Rerupture After Treatment (CARAT) studyS Claiborne Johnston
Department of Neurology, Box 0114, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, M 798, San Francisco, CA 94143 0114, USA
Stroke 39:120-5. 2008..The primary purpose of intracranial aneurysm treatment is to prevent rupture. Risk factors for rupture after aneurysm treatment have not been clearly established, and the need to completely occlude aneurysms is debated...
- Late rebleeding of ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coilsMenno Sluzewski
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:2542-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the incidence of late rebleeding of ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils...
- Procedural morbidity and mortality of elective coil treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysmsW J van Rooij
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1678-80. 2006..To report morbidity, mortality, and angiographic results of elective coiling of unruptured intracranial aneurysms...
- Psychosocial impact of finding small aneurysms that are left untreated in patients previously operated on for ruptured aneurysmsI C van der Schaaf
Department of Radiology E01 132, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:748-52. 2006....
- Three-dimensional computerized tomography angiography-guided surgery of acutely ruptured cerebral aneurysmsM Matsumoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukushima Medical School, Japan
J Neurosurg 94:718-27. 2001....
- Hemobilia as presenting manifestation of polyarteritis nodosaUsha Dutta
Department of Gastroenterology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:71-2. 2004..We describe an 18-year-old man with PAN who presented with hemobilia secondary to rupture of a hepatic artery aneurysm, which was successfully managed with coil embolization followed by immunosuppressive therapy...
- The alanine/threonine polymorphism of the alpha-1-antichymotrypsin (SERPINA3) gene and ruptured intracranial aneurysms in the Japanese populationBoris Krischek
Division of Genetic Diagnosis, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cerebrovasc Dis 23:46-9. 2007..We performed this study to determine whether this A15T polymorphism shows the same association in a Japanese population...
- Angiographic and clinical results in 316 coil-treated basilar artery bifurcation aneurysmsHans Henkes
Klinik für Radiologie und Neuroradiologie, Alfried Krupp Krankenhaus, Essen, Germany
J Neurosurg 103:990-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to analyze the effect of the endovascular treatment of basilar artery (BA) bifurcation aneurysms and to compare the results with those published by other neuroendovascular teams...
- Detection of cerebral aneurysms in nontraumatic subarachnoid haemorrhage: role of multislice CT angiography in 130 consecutive patientsM El Khaldi
Servizio di Radiologia, Azienda Sanitaria di Bolzano, Via L Bohler 5, I 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Radiol Med 112:123-37. 2007....
- Endovascular surgery for very small ruptured intracranial aneurysms. Technical noteSachio Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurosurg 105:777-80. 2006..Appropriate selection of patients and coils, and use of sophisticated techniques allow a good outcome for patients with very small aneurysms...
- Treatment of intracerebral hematomas caused by aneurysm rupture: coil placement followed by clot evacuationDavid B Niemann
Department of Neurosurgery, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 99:843-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a treatment combination of coil embolization and clot evacuation in patients presenting with an intracerebral hematoma (ICH) caused by the rupture of an aneurysm...
- Using endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms to identify intracranial aneurysms more prone to rupture in Japanese patientsBoris Krischek
Division of Genetic Diagnosis, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 105:717-22. 2006..In the present study, the authors sought to determine whether the presence of these eNOS polymorphisms could indicate which Japanese patients with aneurysms were more endangered by a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- II genotype of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene increases the risk for subarachnoid hemorrhage from ruptured aneurysmAgnieszka Slowik
Department of Neurology, Jagiellonian University, 31 503 Krakow, Botaniczna 3, Poland
Stroke 35:1594-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between ACE I/D polymorphism and a risk for aneurysmal SAH in a Polish population...
- Does endoluminal coil embolization cause distension of intracranial aneurysms?Simon C H Yu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Neuroradiology 48:653-60. 2006..The aim of the present study was to determine whether intracranial aneurysms are distended after coil embolization and to evaluate the distensibility of ruptured aneurysms treated with endovascular coiling...
- Procedural complications of coiling of ruptured intracranial aneurysms: incidence and risk factors in a consecutive series of 681 patientsW J van Rooij
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Hilvarenbeekseweg 60, 5022 GC Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1498-501. 2006..To report the incidence of procedural complications of coiling of ruptured intracranial aneurysms leading to permanent disability or death in a consecutive series of 681 patients and to identify risk factors for these events...
- Treatment of unruptured aneurysms with GDCs: clinical experience with 247 aneurysmsNestor Gonzalez
Divisions of Neurosurgery, University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:577-83. 2004..The GDC system is a valuable therapeutic alternative to surgical treatment of intracranial aneurysms. We present our clinical experience with the GDC technique used to treat unruptured cerebral aneurysms...
- Incidence of recurrent subarachnoid hemorrhage after clipping for ruptured intracranial aneurysmsMarieke J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:2394-9. 2005..We studied the incidence of and risk factors for recurrent SAH in patients who regained independence after SAH and in whom all aneurysms were occluded by means of clipping...
- Initial primary endovascular treatment in the management of ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a prospective consecutive seriesMehdi Mejdoubi
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Purpan, University of Toulouse, Toulouse, France
Neuroradiology 48:899-905. 2006..From January 1998 to December 2002, endovascular treatment (EVT) was used as first intention in all patients with ruptured aneurysms. The objective of this study was to analyze the results of this therapeutic strategy...
- Cardiac angiosarcoma with cardiac tamponade diagnosed as a ruptured aneurysm of the sinus valsalvaIsamu Yoshitake
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 39:612-5. 2009..presented with impending cardiac tamponade caused by right atrial perforation, but was misdiagnosed as a ruptured aneurysm of the sinus valsalva based on findings of a continuous murmur and an aorta to right atrium shunt by ..
- Ruptured aneurysm arising from the proximal end of an azygos anterior cerebral artery--case reportYasunori Fujimoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:242-4. 2004....
- Operative or endovascular treatment of ruptured intracranial vertebral artery aneurysms?C Groden
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neuroradiology 42:685-91. 2000....
- Computerized tomography angiography in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage: from aneurysm detection to treatment without conventional angiographyB K Velthuis
Department of Radiology, Utrecht University Hospital, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 91:761-7. 1999..The purpose of this study was to determine prospectively whether and to what extent computerized tomography (CT) angiography can serve as the sole imaging method for a preoperative workup in patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms...
- CTA in patients with acute subarachnoid haemorrhage. A comparative study with selective, digital angiography and blinded, independent reviewH K Pedersen
Department of Radiology, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Acta Radiol 42:43-9. 2001..However, IA-DSA is still needed for diagnostic evaluation in aneurysms smaller than 5 mm in diameter, especially in those located near bony structures...
- Could late rebleeding overturn the superiority of cranial aneurysm coil embolization over clip ligation seen in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial?Patrick Mitchell
Department of Neurosurgery, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Neurosurg 108:437-42. 2008..In the ISAT, coil embolization appears to be safer than clip ligation at 1 year, and clip occlusion has better long-term efficacy at preventing rebleeding. This leaves open the question of which is better in the longer term...
- Ruptured aneurysm of the subclavian artery in a patient with von Recklinghausen's diseaseShoh Tatebe
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Mito Saiseikai General Hospital, Mito, Japan
Circ J 69:503-6. 2005..Computerized axial tomography revealed a ruptured aneurysm of the left subclavian artery...
- Interhemispheric subdural haematoma from ruptured aneurysm: a case reportL Marinelli
J Neurol 252:364-6. 2005
- Migrating subdural hematoma without subarachnoid hemorrhage in the case of a patient with a ruptured aneurysm in the intrasellar anterior communicating arteryR Gilad
Department of Neurosurgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:2014-6. 2007Acute spontaneous subdural hematoma without the presence of a subarachnoid hemorrhage as a result of a ruptured aneurysm is rare...
- A ruptured aneurysm in persistent sciatic artery: a case reportKeiichi Ishida
Department of General Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Vasc Surg 42:556-8. 2005..We describe a case of a patient with a ruptured PSA aneurysm treated by exclusion of the aneurysm and bypass between the common iliac artery and the PSA distal to the aneurysm, and discuss treatment of PSA aneurysm...
- Ruptured aneurysm on a double origin of the posterior inferior cerebellar artery: a pathological entity in an anatomical variation. Report of two cases and review of the literatureAnne Pasco
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hĵpital Larrey, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Angers, France
J Neurosurg 96:127-31. 2002..Anatomy is sometimes unpredictable, and the surgeon must be very careful when confronted with these variations because they are potentially dangerous for endovascular treatment...
- Ruptured aneurysm of the sinus of Valsalva with Wildervanck syndrome (cervico-oculo-acoustic syndrome), blepharoptosis and short stature: case reportKotaro Oe
Division of Internal Medicine, Houjukinen Hospital, Nomi, Japan
Circ J 71:1485-7. 2007..This rare combination has not been reported previously...
- Ruptured aneurysm at a duplicated middle cerebral artery with accessory middle cerebral arteryM Uchino
Department of Neurosurgery, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 146:1373-4; discussion 1375. 2004..We present a very rare case of subarachnoid haemorrhage due to rupture of a saccular aneurysm arising from a duplicated middle cerebral artery which was associated with an accessory middle cerebral artery...
- Therapeutic decision and management of aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage based on computed tomographic angiographyA R Dehdashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
Br J Neurosurg 17:46-53. 2003..Twenty-six cases underwent DSA for immediate endovascular treatment of the ruptured aneurysm. In 11 cases (11%), a DSA was performed prior to the therapeutic decision because of unclear aneurysm...
- Evaluation of the stability of small ruptured aneurysms with a small neck after embolization with Guglielmi detachable coils: correlation between coil packing ratio and coil compactionYutaka Kai
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Neurosurgery 56:785-92; discussion 785-92. 2005..Here, we propose a simple method for the preoperative estimation of coil compaction. Using follow-up angiograms, we studied the timing and degree of coil compaction in small terminal and side-wall aneurysms with narrow necks...
- Extravasation on three-dimensional CT angiography in patients with acute subarachnoid hemorrhage and ruptured aneurysmM Nakatsuka
Department of Neurosurgery, Chita Kousei Hospital, Aichi Ken, Japan
Neuroradiology 44:25-30. 2002..There were two patterns of extravasation shown by CTA, which seemed to depend on the direction of rupture. Extravasation on CTA might represent the natural progression of ruptured aneurysm and may indicate a poor prognosis.
- Rupture of an internal carotid artery aneurysm during angiography with leakage of contrast medium via an external ventricular drainJ Kuhn
Neurologische Klinik, Kliniken der Stadt Köln, Krankenhaus Merheim, Ostmerheimerstr 200, 51109 Köln, Germany
Neuroradiology 45:905-7. 2003..The three main risk factors for rerupture of an aneurysm are: angiography performed within 6 h of the primary SAH, an aneurysm on the internal carotid artery and an unfavourable Glasgow coma score...
- Endovascular management of acute subarachnoid haemorrhage in the elderlyD Birchall
Department of Neuroradiology, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Neurosurg 15:35-8. 2001..82% of patients with Hunt and Hess grade I and II had an excellent clinical outcome. We conclude that endovascular coiling is an effective means of treating acute subarachnoid haemorrhage in grade I and II elderly patients...
- Successful endovascular treatment of a ruptured internal iliac aneurysmMichael A Ricci
Department of Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Given Building D 319, 89 Beaumont Avenue, Burlington, VT 05405 00068, USA
J Vasc Surg 35:1274-6. 2002..At 12 months postprocedure, the patient has remained well. This case shows that endovascular therapies may offer a good treatment option in symptomatic or ruptured IIA, particularly in a patient who is at poor operative risk...
- Ruptured renal artery aneurysm during pregnancy: successful ex situ repair and autotransplantationH Lacroix
Department of Vascular Surgery, UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Vasc Surg 33:188-90. 2001..We report the case of a mother and fetus who both survived acute rupture of a renal artery aneurysm after treatment with ex situ repair and autotransplantation...
- Outcome prediction with serum intercellular adhesion molecule-1 levels after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageWilliam J Mack
Department of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosurg 96:71-5. 2002....
- Ruptured renal artery aneurysm in a pregnant woman with solitary kidneyF Ghanavati
Ashington General Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ashington, Northumberland, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 23:564-6. 2003
- Ruptured saccular aneurysm of distal vertebral artery fenestration managed with Guglielmi detachable coils and intraventricular tissue plasminogen activatorMichiya Kubo
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Surg Neurol 63:244-8; discussion 248. 2005..Equally important, the aneurysm was managed in a multidisciplinary fashion, which, we think, greatly contributed to a good outcome...
- Surgical treatment for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage in the 8th and 9th decades of lifeTetsuyoshi Horiuchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Neurosurgery 56:469-75; discussion 469-75. 2005..Consequently, the number of elderly patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage is increasing. The purpose of this study was to assess the results of surgical repair for ruptured aneurysm in elderly patients.
- [Treatment of acute ruptured aneurysm with Guglielmi detachable coil embolization]Ming Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200092, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:756-8. 2003..To investigate the curative effect of Guglielmi detachable coil (GDC) on acute ruptured intracranial aneurysms...
- [Stenting plus coiling: dangerous or helpful?]I Wanke
Institut für Radiologie und Neuroradiologie
Rofo 177:1255-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the procedural risk of treating acute ruptured aneurysms with a stent-coil combination...
- Buenos Aires experience with the Neuroform self-expanding stent for the treatment of intracranial aneurysmsPedro Lylyk
Department of Neurosurgery and Interventional Neuroradiology, Clinica Medica Belgrano, Fundacion para la Lucha contra las Enfermedades Neurologicas de la Infancia, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Neurosurg 102:235-41. 2005..They assess the technical feasibility of the system, the efficacy of the combined application of stent and detachable coils, and the follow-up findings...
- Aneurysms of the ophthalmic (C6) segment of the internal carotid artery: treatment options and strategies based on a clinical seriesF Beretta
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45267, USA
J Neurosurg Sci 48:149-56. 2004..The refinements of surgical techniques combined with the development of indirect methods of treatment have greatly improved the outcome in treating these lesions. We present our clinical experience and discuss treatment strategies...
- Simultaneous occurrence of subarachnoid hemorrhage due to ruptured aneurysm and remote brainstem hematoma--case reportNaoshi Hagihara
Department of Neurosurgery, Koyanagi Memorial Hospital, Saga, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 48:64-7. 2008..Her postoperative neurological status was improved except for slight diplopia. The causes of this extremely rare case of simultaneous occurrence of aneurysmal SAH and remote brainstem hematoma in the dorsolateral tegment remain obscure...
- Aneurysmal rupture during coiling: low incidence and good outcomes at a single large volume centerJonathan L Brisman
Center for Endovascular Surgery at the Institute for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Roosevelt Medical Center, New York, New York 08818, USA
Neurosurgery 57:1103-9; discussion 1103-9. 2005....
- Coiling of basilar tip aneurysms: results in 154 consecutive patients with emphasis on recurrent haemorrhage and re-treatment during mid- and long-term follow-upJ P P Peluso
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Hilvarenbeekseweg 60, 5022 GC Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:706-11. 2008..The purpose of this study is to report mid- and long-term clinical and angiographic results of coiling of basilar tip aneurysms...
- Aneurysms unsuitable for endovascular intervention: surgical outcome and management challenges over a 5-year period following International Subarachnoid Haemorrhage Trial (ISAT)Kishor A Choudhari
Department of Neurosurgery, Regional Neurosciences Unit, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast BT12 6BA, United Kingdom
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:868-75. 2007..To compare secondary parameters such as operating time, number of clips required, and training over last 5 years with similar number of patients in the pre-ISAT period...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage]Jørgen Nepper-Rasmussen
Odense Universitetshospital, Røntgendiagnostisk Afdeling, Odense C
Ugeskr Laeger 169:3386-8. 2007..Vasospasms which are often a most serious complication to SAH can be treated effectively with endovascular methods...
- Treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms and vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageJose I Suarez
Departmem of Neurology, Cerebrovascular Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 17:57-69. 2006
- Endovascular treatment of tiny ruptured anterior communicating artery aneurysmsMasanori Tsutsumi
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital, 1 1 1 Zokumyoin, Chikushino, Fukuoka 8188502, Japan
Neuroradiology 50:509-15. 2008..We evaluated EVT of tiny ruptured ACoA aneurysms with Guglielmi detachable coils (GDCs)...
- Choreoathetosis due to rupture of a distal accessory anterior cerebral artery aneurysmRyoma Morigaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Cerebrovasc Dis 25:285-7. 2008
- Local intra-arterial eptifibatide for intraoperative vessel thrombosis during aneurysm coilingV Katsaridis
Neurosurgical Department, Papanikolaou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1414-7. 2008..We administered eptifibatide (10-15 mg) through a microcatheter proximal to the thrombus. The thrombus rapidly dissolved, resulting in the recanalization of the occluded vessels with no rethrombosis or hemorrhagic complications...
- A new self-expandable nitinol stent for the treatment of wide-neck aneurysms: initial clinical experienceJ P P Peluso
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1405-8. 2008..Stent systems for intracranial use are continuously improved. We report our initial experience using a new self-expanding easy-to-place nitinol stent (Enterprise) in the treatment of wide-neck intracranial aneurysms...
- Management of spontaneous haemorrhagic intracranial vertebrobasilar dissection: review of 21 consecutive casesW Y Zhao
Neuroradiologie Vasculaire Diagnostique et Therapeutique, Hopital Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:585-96; discussion 596. 2007....
- [The early diagnosis and therapy of aneurismal subarachnoid hemorrhage]Jin ning Song
Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:233-6. 2007..To discuss the early diagnostic methods and therapeutic principles of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), and evaluate the therapeutic efficacy objectively...
- [The role of endovascular treatment for multiple intracranial aneurysms with subarachnoid hemorrhage]Juro Sakurai
Department of Neurosurgery, Teine Keijinkai Hospital
No Shinkei Geka 35:143-9. 2007..difficult to determine which therapeutic strategy should be used when it is difficult to detect the ruptured aneurysm by CT or angiography and difficult to clip all the aneurysms using one approach...
- Endovascular treatment of posterior cerebral artery aneurysmsW J van Rooij
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:300-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to report the incidence, clinical presentation, endovascular treatment, and outcome of aneurysms of the posterior cerebral artery (PCA)...
- The utility of DynaCT in neuroendovascular proceduresN S Heran
Center for Endovascular Surgery, Beth Israel Hyman Newman Institute for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Roosevelt Hospital, Continuum Health Care Partners, New York, NY 10019, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:330-2. 2006..The quality of cone-volume CT-generated images produced by DynaCT was sufficient to make a diagnosis...
- [Terminovertebral aneurysm arising from basilar artery fenestration]J Peltier
Service de Neurochirurgie, CHU Nord, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Neurochirurgie 52:52-6. 2006..Immediate angiography revealed a ventral vertebrobasilar aneurysm and an endovascular coil occlusion was performed. Embryological development, pathogenesis and therapeutic difficulties are discussed...
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured aneurysms associated with fenestrated basilar artery. Two case reportsYutaka Kai
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 46:244-7. 2006Two patients with ruptured aneurysm associated with fenestrated basilar artery (BA) were treated using the endovascular approach. Angiography showed these patients had different types of BA bifurcation...
- Intraprocedural thrombus formation during coil placement in ruptured intracranial aneurysms: treatment with systemic application of the glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonist tirofibanR Bruening
Departments of Neuroradiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Munich, Germany
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1326-31. 2006..The purpose of this study was to document the therapeutic effect of tirofiban on patency of the parent vessel, rate of rebleedings, and outcome of the patients in the setting of acute subarachnoidal hemorrhage...
- Paediatric dissecting posterior cerebral aneurysms: report of two cases and review of the literaturePedro Vilela
Neuroradiology Department, Garcia de Orta Hospital, Av Prof Torrado Silva Pragal, 2801 591, Almada, Portugal
Neuroradiology 48:541-8. 2006....
- How does spontaneous hemostasis occur in ruptured cerebral aneurysms? Preliminary investigation on 247 clipping surgeriesTatsuya Ishikawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8638, Japan
Surg Neurol 66:269-75; discussion 275-6. 2006..In many cases, bleeding from aneurysms spontaneously arrests. Although bleeding from cerebral aneurysms has been reported to arrest from outside, bleeding from some aneurysms can arrest in different ways...
- Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with matrix detachable coils: immediate posttreatment results from a prospective multicenter registryL Pierot
Department of Neuroradiology, Reims University, Reims, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1693-9. 2006..A prospective and multicenter registry was conducted in France to evaluate the safety and short-term and long-term efficacy of Matrix detachable coils. This first analysis is focused on the safety and short-term efficacy...
- Treatment of cerebral aneurysms with hydrogel-coated platinum coils (HydroCoil): early single-center experienceA Berenstein
Center for Endovascular Surgery, Beth Israel Hyman Newman Institute for Neurology and Neurosurgery, New York, NY 10019, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1834-40. 2006..The authors report their experience using HydroCoils in the treatment of cerebral aneurysms...
- Retreatment of previously embolized cerebral aneurysms: the risk of further coil embolization does not negate the advantage of the initial embolizationS A Renowden
Department of Neuroradiology, Frenchay Hospital North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:1401-4. 2008..Our study was undertaken to determine the risk of additional coil embolization of aneurysms recurring following endovascular therapy...
- Basilar trunk occlusion during endovascular treatment of giant and fusiform aneurysms of the basilar arteryJason D Wenderoth
Interventional Neuroradiology Unit, Royal Perth Hospital, Wellington Street, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1226-9. 2003..Our experience suggests that, in select cases, BA occlusion may be not only safe but also necessary for the effective treatment of these aneurysms...
- Yield of screening for new aneurysms after treatment for subarachnoid hemorrhageM J H Wermer
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurology 62:369-75. 2004..Patients who have been successfully treated for subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) are at risk for new episodes. The authors studied the effect of screening with CT angiography (CTA) for new aneurysms...
- Acute endovascular treatment of ruptured aneurysms in poor-grade patientsM Bergui
Neuroradiology, University of Turin, Ospedale S G Battista, Via Cherasco 15, 10126 Torino, Italy
Neuroradiology 46:161-4. 2004..Nevertheless, available evidence and the limited invasiveness suggest that acute endovascular treatment is reasonable in these patients...
- Ruptured intracranial dissecting aneurysms: management considerations with a focus on surgical and endovascular techniques to preserve arterial continuityE Uhl
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:1073-83; discussion 1083-4. 2003..The present retrospective analysis was undertaken to review an institutional experience with 13 intracranial dissecting aneurysms as source of subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) among a total of 585 ruptured intracranial aneurysms...
- Effect on cerebral vasospasm of coil embolization followed by microcatheter intrathecal urokinase infusion into the cisterna magna: a prospective randomized studyJun ichiro Hamada
Department of Neurosurgery, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 856, Japan
Stroke 34:2549-54. 2003....
- Endovascular treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms in patients aged 65 years and older: follow-up of 52 patients after 1 yearJ Sedat
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nice, Nice, France
Stroke 33:2620-5. 2002..We compared endovascular therapy results in patients aged > or =65 and <65 years...
- Successful obliteration of a ruptured partially thrombosed giant m1 fusiform aneurysm with coil embolization at distal m1 after extracranial-intracranial bypassK Karnchanapandh
Department of Surgery, Section of Neurosurgery, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 45:245-50. 2002....
- Combined endovascular treatment for both intracranial aneurysm and symptomatic vasospasmYuichi Murayama
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine and Medical Center, Los Angeles, 90024, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:133-9. 2003..We evaluated the safety and effectiveness of combined Guglielmi detachable coil (GDC) embolization and angioplasty in a single session for the treatment of ruptured aneurysms associated with symptomatic vasospasm...
- Interventional Management of Stroke III Planning GrantJoseph Broderick; Fiscal Year: 2004..10. Explore funding of interventional angiography by CMS. 11. Continue interaction with industry, with attention to devices that might be applied to a device-augmented future IV/IA paradigm. ..
- Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms: Neurologic OutcomeRobert Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Familial Intracranial Aneurysm Study II (FIA II)JOSEPH PAUL BRODERICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, we will use bioinformatics, statistical methods, and gene sequencing, to identify specific disease producing mutations and/or high risk haplotypes whose functional relevance will be subsequently explored. ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- Study of design variables of the endovascular graftMADHAVAN RAGHAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Improvements in implant design will significantly improve post-operative quality of life for patients in the US and world-wide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prednisone Ocular Myasthenia Gravis Trial Planning GrantMark Kupersmith; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ANGIOPLASTY IN ANEURYSMAL SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEJ Muizelaar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally 50 years after the first description of vasospasm, it appears that an effective preventative treatment is ready to be tested. ..
- Drug Abuse, Social Decision-Making, and Sex-Related Functional Brain AsymmetryDANIEL T TRANEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION: FORMATION OF MICROPARTICLESSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies may provide novel information on the contribution of microparticles to the pathophysiology of endothelial cell dysfunction and coagulation abnormalities. ..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Mapping the Anatomy of Decision MakingLesley Fellows; Fiscal Year: 2004..This approach has the potential to provide insights into the basis for a wide range of pathological human behavior. ..
- Familial Aggregation of StrokeDaniel Woo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determining the component of the familial aggregation of ICH that is independent of the familial aggregation of environmental risk factors is a fundamental step in the analysis of the genetic epidemiology of stroke. ..
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- THE VALIDITY OF CE-MRA: A NUMERICAL AND PHANTOM STUDYLiang Der Jou; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this project will provide improved tools for the understanding of Contrast-Enhanced MRA and will lead to more accurate and reliable methods for assessing vascular disease in vivo. ..
- THE VALIDITY OF CE-MRA: A NUMERICAL AND PHANTOM STUDYLiang Der Jou; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that this project will provide improved tools for the understanding of Contrast-Enhanced MRA and will lead to more accurate and reliable methods for assessing vascular disease in vivo. ..
- CPP Management Information Feedback and NursingCatherine Kirkness; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dissociating Basal Forebrain vs. Medial Temporal AmnesiaCatherine Myers; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..