Summary: An aneurysm in which the entire wall is injured and the blood is contained by the surrounding tissues, with eventual formation of a sac communicating with the artery or heart. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Superior mesenteric artery pseudoaneurysm following pancreaticoduodenectomy: management by endovascular stent-graft placement and transluminal thrombin injectionMichael J Wallace
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:518-22. 2007..Herein we present a case of a large post-pancreaticoduodenectomy SMA pseudoaneurysm that required thrombin injection after initial stent-graft deployment to accomplish complete pseudoaneurysm occlusion...
- Management and outcome of hemorrhage due to arterial pseudoaneurysms in pancreatitisHendrik Bergert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Surgery 137:323-8. 2005..The optimal treatment modality is controversial. Operative treatment and interventional treatment, either alone or as a temporizing method with a later operation, are options...
- False aneurysm of the sphenopalatine artery after a Le Fort I osteotomy: report of 2 casesOlindo Procopio
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Padova Medical and Dental School, Padova, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:520-4; discussion 524-5. 2003
- Traumatic aortic arch false aneurysm after blunt chest trauma in a motocross riderFederico Bizzarri
Cardiac Surgery Unit, Department of Heart and Great Vessels Attilio Reale, University of Rome Sapienza, Polo Pontino, Via F, Faggiana 34, 04100 Latina, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 3:23. 2008This article details a case report of a traumatic aortic arch false aneurysm after blunt chest trauma. Thoracic aorta false aneurysms are a rare and life-threatening complication of aortic surgery, infection, genetic disorders and trauma.
- Evidence for a central role for selective mesenteric angiography in the management of the major vascular complications of pancreatitisGarth C Beattie
Department of Surgical and Clinical Sciences, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Am J Surg 185:96-102. 2003....
- Hemorrhagic complications of pancreatitis: radiologic evaluation with emphasis on CT imagingE J Balthazar
Radiology Department, New York University-Bellevue Medical Center, 3rd Floor, Room 3W-37-42, 462 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Pancreatology 1:306-13. 2001..They develop because of leaking or ruptured pseudoaneurysms, diffuse bleeding in pancreatic necrosis, and hemorrhagic pseudocysts. Early detection followed by angiography, embolization and/or surgery has decreased mortality rates...
- Transcatheter embolization of pulmonary artery false aneurysm associated with primary pulmonary hypertensionT Hiraki
Department of the Radiology, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:186-9. 2004..Pulmonary angiography suggested that the mass was a pulmonary artery false aneurysm. After a microcatheter was superselectively inserted into the parent artery of the false aneurysm, the false ..
- Severe erosion of lumbar vertebral body because of abdominal aortic false aneurysm: report of two casesC H Diekerhof
Departments of Orthopedics and Vascular Surgery, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:E382-4. 2002Two cases of lumbar vertebral erosion resulting from abdominal aortic false aneurysm are reported.
- Giant left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after mitral valve replacement and myocardial infarctionYujiro Hirasawa
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Gifu Prefectural Gifu Hospital, Gifu City, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1823-5. 2004..The orifice of the pseudoaneurysm was closed with an e-polytetrafluoroethylene patch and the pseudoaneurysmal wall was almost resected...
- Surgical treatment of acquired left ventricular pseudoaneurysmsR Pretre
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 70:553-7. 2000..We present a review of our experience with acquired pseudoaneurysms of the left ventricle in order to establish the risk of surgical repair...
- [Aspergillar prosthetic hip infection with false aneurysm of the common femoral artery and cup migration into the pelvis]M Guyard
Service de Chirurgie Orthopedique, Pavillon T, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 92:606-9. 2006..at surgical revision of a loosened prosthesis with migration of the cup into the pelvis associated with a false aneurysm of the femoral artery. A vascular time was required before the orthopedic revision...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine left ventricular pseudoaneurysm secondary to left ventricular venting through the right superior pulmonary veinAlessandro Mazzola
Department of Cardiac Surgery, G Mazzini Hospital, Teramo, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:881-2. 2004
- Compression of the brachial plexus in a patient with false aneurysm of the axillary artery as a result of anterior shoulder dislocationAnthony T Helm
Royal Preston Hospital, United Kingdom
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 11:278-9. 2002
- A suprasternal false aneurysm caused by posttraumatic innominate artery rupture after dissection type A repairMichal Semrad
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 30:937. 2006
- Pseudoaneurysms of the superficial temporal artery: treatment optionsGlenn Isaacson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Temple University School of Medicine and Temple University Children s Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Laryngoscope 114:1000-4. 2004..We describe their clinical presentation and differential diagnosis and compare several treatment options...
- Staphylococcal postoperative subannular left ventricular false aneurysmPaolo Ortu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases ICMCV, Idibaps Hospital Clinico, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:244-5. 2003..Echocardiography showed a large subannular false aneurysm of the left ventricle...
- False aneurysm of the profunda femoris artery, a rare complication of a proximal femoral fractureEwan D Ritchie
Department of Surgery, Jeroen Bosch Hospital, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop Belg 73:530-2. 2007The authors describe a false aneurysm of the profunda femoris artery caused by a bony fragment from the lesser trochanter after a proximal femoral fracture...
- Reoperation for giant false aneurysm of the thoracic aorta: how to reenter the chest?Jean Bachet
Département de Pathologie Cardiaque, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1610-4. 2007..We describe a surgical approach that allowed safe reentry in the chest in five patients, with a mean follow-up of almost seven years...
- Prevalence and treatment of bleeding complications in chronic pancreatitisH Bergert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 389:504-10. 2004..As spontaneous major haemorrhage in patients with chronic pancreatitis is rare, limited data have been reported, and no evidence-based guidelines are currently available regarding the optimal treatment modality...
- Left ventricular pseudoaneurysmC Frances
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:557-61. 1998....
- Left ventricular pseudoaneurysmJiun Tuan
University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:107-9. 2008..CT scan suggested this to be an LV aneurysm although it did not have appearances typical of this on echocardiography. MRI scan was performed and it showed this mass to be a thrombosed pseudoaneurysm...
- Left ventricular pseudoaneurysm late after mitral valve replacementMinoru Ono
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1303-5. 2002..The orifice of the pseudoaneurysm was successfully closed on the beating heart using partial femorofemoral bypass through a left thoracotomy...
- Coil embolization of an aortic arch false aneurysmRene Chapot
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Endovasc Ther 9:922-5. 2002To report the endovascular occlusion of an anastomotic false aneurysm of the ascending aorta.
- False aneurysm of the hepatic artery after laparoscopic cholecystectomyT Bulut
Department of Surgery, Istanbul Medical School, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 102:459-63. 2002..This rare phenomenon may be overlooked and pose a challenge to surgeons...
- Covered stent-graft repair of the brachiocephalic arteries: technical noteArun Paul Amar
Department of Neurological Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033 1029, USA
Neurosurgery 51:247-52; discussion 252-3. 2002..This device maintains vessel patency while effectively excluding pseudoaneurysms, arteriovenous fistulae, and other breaches in the integrity of the arterial wall...
- A large radial artery false aneurysm after repeated arterial punctures, causing compartment syndrome of the forearmMiltiadis I Matsagas
Intensive Care Med 29:1032. 2003
- False aneurysm of the palmar arch in a childDuteille Franck
Service de Chirurgie Plastique, Hopital Jean Monnet, Nantes, Cedex, France
J Pediatr Surg 39:117-9. 2004b>False aneurysm of the arteries of the hand are extremely rare in children, despite high frequency of hand injuries. The authors report one case of false aneurysm in the superficial palmar arch in a 5-year-old girl...
- Treatment of an aortic fungal false aneurysm by composite stentless porcine/pericardial conduit: a case reportB Mahesh
Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK
Cardiovasc Surg 11:93-5. 2003..We report for the first time the case of a fungal PVE with false aneurysm after composite aortic root replacement with a dacron composite conduit treated successfully with aortic root ..
- Delayed diagnosis of a false aneurysm after lumbar arterial injury: treatment with endovascular embolization: a case reportDimitrios Siablis
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Patras, Greece
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:E71-3. 2003..A case report is presented...
- Stent-graft treatment of extracranial carotid and vertebral arterial lesionsRamin R Saket
Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Vascular Center H365, 1300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:1151-6. 2004..One patient was lost to follow-up after discharge and another died 2 weeks after intervention. The remaining patients remained asymptomatic with patent stent-grafts after follow-up periods of 14, 16, and 46 months, respectively...
- False aneurysm of a proper digital artery caused by repetitive microtrauma in a 16-year-old baseball playerWataru Miyamoto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89 1, Enya, Izumo, Shimane, 693 8501, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:61-4. 2009We report a case of false aneurysm of a proper digital artery of the thumb in a 16-year-old baseball player...
- False aneurysm of the superficial palmar arch causing acute carpal tunnel syndromeYury A Slesarenko
Department of Orthopedics, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8181, USA
Orthopedics 30:493-4. 2007
- Does false aneurysm behave like a sarcoma? Distal femoral arterial false aneurysm simulated a malign mesenchymal tumor. A case report and review of the literatureKaan Erler
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:60-3. 2004..We report a case of a pseudo-aneurysm of the distal femoral artery presenting as a malignant mesenchymal tumor with insidious onset, progressive symptoms, large volume mass, and atypical radiological findings...
- Usefulness of contrast agents in the diagnosis of left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after acute myocardial infarctionR Moreno
Laboratory of Echocardiography, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Echocardiogr 3:111-6. 2002..The objective of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of contrast echocardiography in the diagnosis of left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after myocardial infarction...
- False aneurysm of the peroneal artery: an unusual complication of femoro-peroneal bypass graftingD J Parry
Department of Vascular Surgery, St James s University Teaching Hospital, United Leeds Hospital Trust, Leeds, UK
Cardiovasc Surg 10:54-7. 2002Non-traumatic false aneurysm formation involving the native crural vessels is rare. We present the case of a false aneurysm of the native peroneal artery, which complicated femoro-peroneal bypass grafting...
- Traumatic false aneurysm of the middle meningeal artery causing an intracerebral hemorrhage: case report and literature reviewMichael Bruneau
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Mont Godinne, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Yvoir, Belgium
Surg Neurol 57:174-8; discussion 178. 2002..Traumatic false aneurysms of the meningeal arteries are rare. We report an unusual case of an intracerebral hematoma caused by the rupture of a traumatic aneurysm of the middle meningeal artery...
- Treatment of traumatic aneurysms and arteriovenous fistulas of the skull base by using endovascular stentsG Redekop
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Neurosurg 95:412-9. 2001..The advantages of minimally invasive stent placement and parent artery preservation make this procedure for repair of neurovascular injuries a potentially important addition to existing methods...
- Spontaneous occlusion of a traumatic false aneurysm of the peroneal arteryErcan Kocakoc
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 22:1391-3. 2003
- Endovascular treatment of anastomotic false aneurysms of the abdominal aortaP E Magnan
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Ann Vasc Surg 17:365-74. 2003..The morbidity-mortality rate in this small series of high-risk patients was low. Immediate and middleterm exclusion of AFAA was good...
- Surgical treatment of postinfarction left ventricular pseudoaneurysmFernando A Atik
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:526-31. 2007..The purposes of this study were to describe its clinical presentation, assess the accuracy of diagnostic imaging modalities, and determine operative and late surgical results...
- Life-threatening hemobilia caused by hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm: a rare complication of chronic cholangitisTsu Te Liu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
World J Gastroenterol 9:2883-4. 2003..Angiography confirmed the bleeding from a pseudoaneurysm of the middle hepatic artery. Coil embolization achieved successful hemostasis. We discussed the mechanism and reviewed the literature...
- Potentially fatal haemobilia due to inappropriate use of an expanding biliary stentRakesh Rai
Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplant Unit, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle, UK
World J Gastroenterol 9:2377-8. 2003..To highlight the fatal complication caused by expanding biliary stents and the importance of avoiding use of expanding stent in potentially curable diseases...
- Endovascular embolization of iatrogenic vertebral artery injury during anterior cervical spine surgery: report of two cases and review of the literatureJeong Wook Choi
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:E891-4. 2006..Case description...
- A left ventricular pseudoaneurysm due to mitral valve replacementIlhan Sanisoglu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:713. 2005
- In situ reconstruction of septic aortic pseudoaneurysm due to Salmonella or Streptococcus microbial aortitis: long-term follow-upChwan Yau Luo
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital and College of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan
J Vasc Surg 38:975-82. 2003..This study was undertaken to illustrate the safety of in situ reconstruction of septic aortic pseudoaneurysm (SAP) secondary to microbial aortitis, with or without long-term antibiotic treatment...
- Endovascular repair of a thoracic aorta mycotic pseudoaneurysm in a patient with history of bacteroides fragilis sepsis and leprosyMichael D Beland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:298-300. 2005
- Reoperation for false aneurysm of the ascending aorta after its prosthetic replacement: surgical strategySiamak Mohammadi
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Institute of Cardiology, La Pitie Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 79:147-52; discussion 152. 2005..This study analyzes surgical approaches of 29 operations carried out for false aneurysms of the ascending aorta after prosthetic replacement (FAA) from January 1979 to April 2003, in 28 patients...
- Endovascular repair of paraanastomotic aneurysms after previous open aortic prosthetic reconstructionJoost A van Herwaarden
Department of Vascular Surgery, St Antonius Hospital Nieuwegein, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Ann Vasc Surg 18:280-6. 2004..Endovascular repair with bifurcated stent grafts, however, seems to be effective at midterm follow-up...
- Occlusion of pseudoaneurysms using human or bovine thrombin using contrast-enhanced ultrasound guidancePeter Hubert Grewe
Clinic II Cardiology Angiology, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil Bochum, University of Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Am J Cardiol 93:1540-2. 2004..Contrast-enhanced ultrasound-guided thrombin occlusion was a safe and effective therapeutic option. In aneurysms with complex morphology or multiple cavities, preinjection of contrast medium was helpful for documenting the flow pattern...
- Iatrogenic vertebral artery injuryJ Inamasu
Department of Neurosurgery, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 112:349-57. 2005..A precise knowledge of the surgical anatomy of the VA is essential prior to each procedure to prevent its iatrogenic injury...
- Surgical treatment of post-infarction left ventricular pseudoaneurysm: a two-decade experienceErcan Eren
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kosuyolu Heart and Research Hospital, 34718 Istanbul, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 34:47-51. 2007..Surgical repair is warranted particularly in cases of large or expanding pseudoaneurysms because of the propensity for fatal rupture...
- Endovascular treatment of a vertebral artery pseudoaneurysm in a drug userDimitrios Mourikis
Department of Radiology, Areteion Hospital, University of Athens, Vas Sofias 76, Athens, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:662-4. 2006..This aneurysm was presumed to be post-traumatic, since the patient reported multiple attempts to inject drugs in the left jugular vein 15 days prior to admission. The pseudoaneurysm was treated effectively with stent-graft placement...
- Pseudoaneurysms of peroneal artery: treatment with transcatheter platinum coil embolizationTakaki Sugimoto
Departments of Surgery, Hyogo Prefectural Awaji Hospital, Hyogo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 10:263-5. 2004..The pseudoaneurysms disappeared in both cases and the patients have been doing well until now...
- Cystic artery pseudoaneurism from an evolved acute calculous cholecystitisGonzalo Gutiérrez
Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Am J Surg 187:519-20. 2004
- A false aneurysm mistaken for a DVT after hip surgeryMaitham Alwhouhayb
A Loh Institution, Barnet General Hospital, London
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 11:178-9. 2005..the high incidence of pseudoaneurysm formation secondary to puncture injury to the common femoral artery false aneurysm formation of the profunda femoris artery (PFA) is a rare complication and has not been previously reported as ..
- Left ventricular false-pseudo and pseudo aneurysm: serial observations by cardiac magnetic resonance imagingShin Ichi Ando
Cardiology Division, Fukuokaken Saiseikai Futsukaichi Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Intern Med 46:181-5. 2007..Thus, MR imaging provided the important information for the understanding of the formation process of the pseudo and false pseudo LV aneurysm...
- Repair of anastomotic abdominal aortic pseudoaneurysm utilizing sequential AneuRx aortic cuffs in an overlapping configurationWei Zhou
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:17-22. 2006..Additionally, our study suggests this unique endovascular technique is an ideal alternative for creating a customized tube graft in challenging cases, particularly in high-risk patients...
- Submitral left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after mitral valve replacement: early diagnosis and successful repairCharan Lanjewar
Department of Cardiology, King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:505-7. 2007..Late left ventricle (LV) rupture with pseudoaneurysm after mitral valve replacement is rare. We report its early diagnosis by advanced technologies, e.g. MRI and successful repair of a type I AV rupture through left atrial approach...
- Transatrial repair of submitral left ventricular pseudoaneurysmTakashi Miura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 85:643-5. 2008..This transmitral approach might be a reasonable surgical option for treating this type of submitral left ventricular pseudoaneurysm...
- Late gastrointestinal bleeding after infrarenal aortic grafting: a 16-year experiencePaolo Bianchi
Department of Vascular Surgery, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, University of Milan, Via Morandi 30, San Donato Milanese, Milan, Italy
Surg Today 37:1053-9. 2007..To review the manifestation and management of gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding caused by secondary aortoenteric fistula (AEF) after infrarenal aortic grafting...
- Pseudoaneurysm of left ventricular apex caused by a left ventricular venting catheter through the right superior pulmonary veinJoon Hwa Hong
Ajou University Medical Center, Republic of Korea
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:229-30. 2007
- Postoperative aneurysm of the popliteal artery after arthroscopic meniscectomyH Kiss
Department of Orthopaedics, Salzburg General Hospital, Salzburg, Austria
Arthroscopy 17:203-5. 2001..A revision surgery and reconstruction of the artery with a saphena magna patch was necessary to repair the defect. At 1-year follow-up, excellent range of motion, function of the knee, and a normal quality of life was achieved...
- Mitral valve replacement and endocavitary patch repair for a giant left ventricular pseudoaneurysmA Kollar
Department of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:2020-2. 2001..Surgery was performed without aortic cross-clamping on a normothermic perfused beating heart. The patient had an uncomplicated cardiac recovery and is doing well 15 months after surgery...
- Left ventricular pseudoaneurysm after myocardial infarctionHikmet Kocak
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ataturk University, Medical Faculty, loj No 50 8, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Heart Vessels 18:160-2. 2003..Histopathologic examination of the resected material confirmed the diagnosis of pseudoaneurysm. The postoperative course of our patient was uneventful. He was discharged on the ninth postoperative day...
- False aneurysm of the left ventricle following myocardial infarction: an unusual locationFeza Nurozler
Central Hospital, Yzmir, Turkey
Cardiovasc J Afr 18:380-2. 2007A false aneurysm of the left ventricle that is in fact a contained rupture is rare. False aneurysms have been reported to be mostly at the posterior-basal and rarely at the apical segments of the left ventricle...
- Treatment of iatrogenic false aneurysmsJoseph A Franklin
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Health Systems of Eastern Carolina and Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:293-301. 2003
- A serious complication late after mitral valve replacement: left ventricular rupture with pseudoaneurysmSenay Funda Biyikoglu
Department of Cardiology, Yuksek Ihtisas Heart Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1178.e1-3. 2008..Urgent surgical repair was accomplished without complications...
- Popliteal pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula after arthroscopic meniscectomyD J Mullen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Union Memorial Hospital, Franklin Square Hospital Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arthroscopy 17:E1. 2001..Despite heightened suspicion, prompt diagnosis, and early surgical intervention, the patient had an incomplete resolution of her symptoms...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the lingual artery secondary to tonsillectomy treated with selective embolizationP Simoni
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 59:125-8. 2001b>False aneurysm may occur from trauma to the floor of the mouth, including iatrogenic trauma from surgical procedures. This report will present a case of a pseudoaneurysm of the lingual artery following tonsillectomy...
- False aneurysm of perforating branch of the profunda femoris artery after external fixation for a complicated femur fractureS Canbaz
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, School of Medicine, Trakya University, Edime, Turkey
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:519-21. 2002b>False aneurysm of the profunda femoris artery rarely occurs and is a serious complication following femur fracture...
- Endovascular treatment of a vertebral artery pseudoaneurysm following posterior C1-C2 transarticular screw fixationJose C Mendez
Department of Neuroradiology, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Avda, Barber 30, 45004 Toledo, Spain
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:107-9. 2005..Further follow-up angiographies are mandatory in order to confirm that there is no recurrence of the lesion...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the left ventricle with moderate left-to-right shuntMichael Schreurs
Cardiology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Cardiol 130:11-3. 2008..Given the age and the complex characteristics of the aneurysm, conservative management was the treatment of choice. At one year follow-up the patient was still doing well...
- Delayed left ventricular pseudoaneurysms after left ventricular aneurysm repairs with the CorRestore patchTomer Z Karas
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, the Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77225 0345, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:266-9. 2007..We discuss the physiologic limitations of the CorRestore patch and the causes of pseudoaneurysms that arise after left ventricular aneurysm repair...
- Extracranial internal carotid artery pseudoaneurysmRobert J DeFatta
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:1135-9. 2005..We present the case of a young girl who was transferred to our institution after development of a neck mass after Quincy tonsillectomy. The literature on extracranial carotid artery aneurysms is reviewed and reported...
- Traumatic pseudoaneurysms of the superficial temporal arteryAndrew J Cadamy
Accident and Emergency Department, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, Scotland, UK
Eur J Emerg Med 10:236-7. 2003..All patients had a delayed presentation to the Emergency Department. We describe their clinical presentations, subsequent management and pitfalls encountered when dealing with this condition...
- False aneurysm of the external iliac artery caused by aseptic loosening and migration of a cemented cupAlexandre H Nehme
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Saint Georges University Medical Center, Balamand University, P O Box 166378 Achrafieh, Beirut, 1100 2807, Lebanon
Hip Int 20:123-5. 2010..After adequate resuscitation, an angio CT scan of her pelvis showed a false aneurysm of the external iliac artery in proximity to a loose pegged cemented cup...
- An unusual case of haemobiliaRakesh Rai
HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant Unit, and Department of Interventional Radiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1357-9. 2003..Pseudo-aneurysm of the hepatic artery is mostly iatrogenic due to biliary intervention, as demonstrated in this case. Difficulty in diagnosis and management is discussed together with a review of the literature...
- Endarteritis and false aneurysm complicating aortic coarctationM Idir
Services de cardiologie, d Anatomo Pathologie, and de Chirurgie Cardiaque, Hopital Cardiologique, CHU de Bordeaux, Pessac, France
Ann Thorac Surg 70:966-8; discussion 968-9. 2000..Furthermore, we underline the leading role of transesophageal echocardiography in the diagnosis of aortic endarteritis. First, aortitis was treated with antibiotics and, second, successfully operated on...
- [Endovascular treatment of a cervical vertebral artery pseudoaneurysm using covered stents. One case report]P Courtheoux
Service de Neuroradiologie, CHU Cote de Nacre, Caen, France
J Neuroradiol 30:109-14. 2003..We report a case where a pseudoaneurysm of the cervical vertebral artery was excluded by placement of two covered stents, preserving patency of the parent artery, in a 15-year-old patient...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the cystic artery with hemobilia treated by arterial embolization and elective cholecystectomyAtsuyuki Maeda
Department of Digestive Surgery, Anjo Kosei Hospital, Anjo, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:755-8. 2002..Immediate angiography and embolization of the pseudoaneurysm followed by radical surgery may be the preferred strategy. We believe this is the first reported case of successful "two-step" treatment of such a pseudoaneurysm...
- Hemobilia caused by pseudoaneurysm of the cystic arteryDaisuke Morioka
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:724-6. 2004
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection, aneurysms, and pseudoaneurysms: a reviewRaed A Aqel
Birmingham s Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Alabama 35233, USA
Echocardiography 21:175-82. 2004..We review the pertinent medical literature and describe the intravascular findings of spontaneous coronary artery dissection, aneurysms, and pseudoaneurysms...
- Left ventricular pseudoaneurysm secondary to left ventricular apical ventingChiung Lun Kao
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Tex Heart Inst J 30:162-3. 2003
- Chronic pancreatitis and aortic pseudoaneurysm in BehÃ§et's diseaseH Alkim
, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Gastroenterol 96:591-3. 2001..We present a case of BehÃ§et's disease with both chronic pancreatitis and abdominal aorta pseudoaneurysm...
- Behçet's disease: treatment of popliteal pseudoaneurysm by an endovascular stent graft implantationErdem Silistreli
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Dokuz Eylul, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Vasc Surg 18:118-20. 2004..General anesthesia and surgical dissection are avoided, thus diminishing morbidity...
- Long term outcome of patients with postinfarction left ventricular pseudoaneurysmR Moreno
Instituto Cardiovascular, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Heart 89:1144-6. 2003..It is debatable whether surgical repair is routinely indicated in asymptomatic patients with left ventricular pseudoaneurysms...
- Prolonged success with a covered endovascular stent after emergent use in radiation-induced subclavian artery blowout: a case reportEmber L Ewings
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:187-91. 2008..With over 2 years' follow-up, vascular patency was maintained with no further bleeding episodes in this surgically high-risk patient...
- Stent-graft treatment of trauma to the supra-aortic arteries. A reviewC J Schonholz
Interventional Radiology, Heart and Vascular Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:537-49. 2007..The stent-graft approach warrants additional research on its long-term outcomes, as well as continued development of enhancements for the devices used...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the renal artery following partial nephrectomy: imaging findings and coil embolizationM Cohenpour
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Clin Radiol 62:1104-9. 2007..To present the imaging findings of five patients with renal artery pseudoaneurysm (RAP) after partial nephrectomy...
- Late perforation of a thoracic aortic dacron graft by a metallic stent-graft componentOctavio Cosin
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse, France
J Endovasc Ther 13:676-80. 2006..To describe a case involving perforation of a previously placed aortic Dacron graft by the uncovered proximal stent of a thoracic stent-graft...
- Improved outcomes with endovascular stent grafts for thoracic aorta transectionsI V Mohan
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:152-7. 2008..To retrospectively assess the outcome of endovascular stent-graft implantation for thoracic aortic transections (ETAT)...
- Endovascular treatment of complicated aortic aneurysms in patients with underlying arteriopathiesDonald T Baril
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:464-71. 2006..EVSG repair of aortic aneurysms is feasible and can be safely performed in patients with arteriopathies. Long-term durability in this younger group of patients who carry an ongoing risk of arterial degeneration remains to be determined...
- Endovascular treatment of mycotic aortic pseudoaneurysms with stent-graftsKurt Tiesenhausen
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036 Graz, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:509-13. 2008..Two patients are still alive with nearly complete regression of the aneurysms. We conclude that treatment of mycotic aortic aneurysms with stent-grafts may be an alternative in selected patients...
- False aneurysm formation at proximal and distal ends of a stent graft: a rare complication in the repair of endovascular thoracic aortic aneurysmT Nishibe
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Japan
Int Angiol 25:228-30. 2006This case report demonstrates a rare complication of false aneurysm formation at the proximal and distal ends of a stent graft that was placed in the descending thoracic aorta to repair an atherosclerotic aneurysm with a fibrotic, solid ..
- Carotid artery pseudoaneurysm as a rare sequela of surgery for laryngeal cancerHiroyoshi Iguchi
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 126:557-60. 2006..The possibility of vascular injury after treatment for head and neck cancer must be considered, especially in patients with risk factors for it due to previous treatment...
- Endovascular treatment of arterial injury as an uncommon complication after orthopedic surgeryRalph Kickuth
Institute of Diagnostic, Interventional and Pediatric Radiology, Inselspital, University of Berne, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:791-9. 2006..To evaluate selective and superselective catheter therapy of serious arterial damage associated with orthopedic surgery of the pelvis, hip joint, femur, and knee...
- Emergency endovascular deployment of stent graft in the ascending aorta for contained rupture of innominate artery pseudoaneurysm in a pediatric patientWilson Y Szeto
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1872-5. 2006..A pseudoaneurysm of the previously ligated innominate artery subsequently developed, and despite coil embolization, it continued to enlarge, which required emergency endovascular intervention...
- Multimodal approach to endovascular treatment of visceral artery aneurysms and pseudoaneurysmsDomenico Laganà
Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Eur J Radiol 59:104-11. 2006..To assess the feasibility and the effectiveness of endovascular treatment of visceral arteries aneurysms (VAAs) using a "multimodal approach"...
- Endovascular treatment of post-traumatic thoracic aorta lesionsSalvatore Lentini
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:531. 2008
- Endovascular treatment of acute and chronic thoracic aortic injuryJan Raupach
Department of Radiology, Charles University and University Hospital in Hradec Kralove, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1117-23. 2007..We conclude that the endoluminal technique can be used successfully in the acute repair of aortic trauma and its consequences. Midterm results are satisfactory, with a low incidence of neurologic complications...
- Endovascular grafting of thoracic aortic pseudoaneurysm after operation for coarctationL S Kokov
Department of Roentgenendovascular Surgery, A V Vishnevsky Institute of Surgery, RAMS, Moscow, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 11:37-43. 2005..The given case demonstrates low-invasive endovascular intervention permitting the avoidance of complicated and traumatic open regrafting of the aorta and attainment of beneficial short- and long-term treatment results...
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIAC VALVE CALCIFICATIONEmile Mohler; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. To investigate mechanisms of valve calcification using a cell culture model of calcification. 3. To examine therapeutic strategies to inhibit valve calcification with a bisphosphonate in cell culture. ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- PASADENA: Ultra-fast Carbon 13 Imaging for Early Diagnosis of CancerPratip Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 13C and 15N MRS Study of glutamate control in epilepsyBrian Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together these studies will contribute to a better understanding of the regulatory events of the GLN/GLU cycle in KA and increase potential to replace surgical management of temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- An Automated System to Monitor Medical Device SafetyFrederic Resnic; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach can be readily extended to monitor the safety of technologies outside of interventional cardiology as outcomes data repositories become available. ..