Genomes and Genes
Summary: Splitting or dissection of an arterial wall by blood entering through an intimal tear or by interstitial hemorrhage. It is most common in the aorta.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Does the arterial cannulation site for circulatory arrest influence stroke risk?Lars G Svensson
Department of Thoracic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1274-84; discussion 1274-84. 2004..We investigated whether axillary/subclavian artery inflow with a side graft decreases the risk of stroke versus cannulation at other sites during hypothermic circulatory arrest...
- Mutations in transforming growth factor-beta receptor type II cause familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissectionsHariyadarshi Pannu
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Molecular Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA
Circulation 112:513-20. 2005..Having mapped a TAAD locus to 3p24-25, we sequenced the gene for transforming growth factor-beta receptor type II (TGFBR2) to determine whether mutations in this gene resulted in familial TAAD...
- Endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic diseases: combined experience from the EUROSTAR and United Kingdom Thoracic Endograft registriesLina J Leurs
EUROSTAR and UK Thoracic Aortic Data Registry, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 40:670-9; discussion 679-80. 2004....
- Endovascular stent-graft placement for the treatment of acute aortic dissectionM D Dake
Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Calif, USA
N Engl J Med 340:1546-52. 1999..Irrespective of the form of treatment, the associated mortality and morbidity are considerable...
- Successful staged treatment for ruptured blister-like dissecting aneurysm of the intracranial internal carotid artery: acute GDC embolization for the blister-like aneurysm followed by proximal occlusion with extracranial-intracranial bypass in the chronicM S Islam
Department of Neurosurgery, Kuroishi City Hospital, Kuroishi, Aomori, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:165-8. 2004The surgical treatment of ruptured blister-like dissecting aneurysm on the internal carotid artery (ICA) is still controversial...
- Gender differences and predictors of mortality in spontaneous coronary artery dissection: a review of reported casesEllen A Thompson
Division of Cardiovascular Services, Marsall University, Huntington, West Virginia 25702, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:59-61. 2005..50 to 12.2), non-treatment (OR 35.5; 95% CI 10.7 to 118.1), and earlier decade of diagnosis (OR 0.28 per increase in decade after 1980; 95% CI 0.16 to 0.49). Survival was no different by treatment type and did improve over time...
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection: increasing prevalence and improved outcomes reported in a nationwide population-based study of more than 14,000 cases from 1987 to 2002Christian Olsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Circulation 114:2611-8. 2006..The objective of the present study was to reappraise epidemiology and long-term outcomes in subjects with thoracic aortic disease in a large contemporary population...
- Partial thrombosis of the false lumen in patients with acute type B aortic dissectionThomas T Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5853, USA
N Engl J Med 357:349-59. 2007..Patency or thrombosis of the false lumen in type B acute aortic dissection has been found to predict outcomes. The prognostic implications of partial thrombosis of the false lumen have not yet been elucidated...
- Suspected aortic dissection and other aortic disorders: multi-detector row CT in 373 cases in the emergency settingRobert G Hayter
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02115, USA
Radiology 238:841-52. 2006..To retrospectively review the authors' experience with multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) for detection of aortic dissection in the emergency setting...
- Contemporary results of surgery in acute type A aortic dissection: The International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection experienceSanti Trimarchi
Istituto Policlinico S Donato, Milanese, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:112-22. 2005....
- Aortoesophageal fistula secondary to stent-graft repair of the thoracic aortaHolger Eggebrecht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 11:161-7. 2004..To report the incidence and management of aortoesophageal fistula (AEF) secondary to endovascular stent-graft repair of the descending thoracic aorta...
- Endovascular treatment of isolated dissecting aneurysm of the posterior inferior cerebellar arteryS Maimon
Department of Radiology, Interventional Neuroradiology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva, Israel
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:527-32. 2006..The purpose of this article is to show that endovascular treatment of dissecting aneurysms of the PICA can be effective and can allow the patient to avoid the complications associated with surgery...
- Aortic root growth in men and women with the Marfan's syndromeLilian J Meijboom
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 96:1441-4. 2005..In conclusion, guidelines should take gender differences into account, and therefore, the investigators propose reducing the threshold for elective aortic root replacement in women with MS by 5 mm...
- Diagnosis and management of patients with aortic dissectionHuseyin Ince
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology at the University Hospital Rostock, Rostock School of Medicine, Rostock, Germany
Heart 93:266-70. 2007
- Right pulmonary artery occlusion by an acute dissecting aneurysm of the ascending aortaRavi J De Silva
Papworth Hospital NHS Trust, Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire CB3 8RE, UK
J Cardiothorac Surg 1:29. 2006..The extremely rare finding of intramural thrombus occluding the right pulmonary artery was seen at post mortem...
- Treatment of a spontaneous intracranial dissecting aneurysm with stent-assisted coil embolizationKeiko Irie
Department of Neurosurgery, Fujita Health University, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukakecho, Toyoake, 470 1192 Aichi, Japan
Neuroradiology 45:825-9. 2003..Endovascular treatment for cerebral aneurysms has become widespread; however, the dissecting aneurysm is still difficult to treat if the parent artery has to be preserved...
- Role and results of surgery in acute type B aortic dissection: insights from the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Santi Trimarchi
Cardiovascular Center E Malan, Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi 30, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Italy
Circulation 114:I357-64. 2006....
- Dissecting aneurysm of the basilar artery as a cause of orgasmic headacheIn Soo Joo
Headache 45:956-9. 2005..Both magnetic resonance angiography and conventional angiogram of the brain confirmed dissecting aneurysm of the basilar artery...
- Immediate versus delayed endovascular treatment of post-traumatic aortic pseudoaneurysms and type B dissections: retrospective analysis and premises to the upcoming European trialAlessandro S Bortone
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Emergency and Transplantation, University of Bari School of Medicine, Bari, Italy
Circulation 106:I234-40. 2002....
- Staged repair of a chronic dissecting aneurysm with the two elephant trunks techniqueChul Hyun Park
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Gil Hospital, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 88:e69-71. 2009..The general procedure is to excise a generous portion of the dissecting septum distally for a chronic dissecting aneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta. We present the "two elephant trunks" technique...
- Antegrade recanalization of a completely embolized vertebral artery after endovascular treatment of a ruptured intracranial dissecting aneurysm. Report of two casesMotoshi Sawada
Department of Neurosurgery, Matsunami General Hospital, Japan
J Neurosurg 102:161-6. 2005..Based on these unique cases, the authors suggest that a careful angiographic follow up of dissecting aneurysms is required, even in patients successfully treated with endovascular occlusion of the affected artery and aneurysm...
- Antegrade recanalization of parent artery in internal trapping of vertebral artery dissecting aneurysm: a case reportSeung Kug Baik
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 72, Korea
Surg Neurol 68:108-11; discussion 111. 2007..detachable coils yet antegrade recanalization of the occluded vertebral artery, in the vertebral artery dissecting aneurysm. Possible explanations for the antegrade recanalization of the occluded vertebral artery and lessons from ..
- [Application of endovascular covered stent for treating vertebral dissecting aneurysm and carotid-cavernous fistula]Hao Ding
Department of Neurosurgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu Sichuan, 610041, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:215-8. 2009To investigate the therapeutic effects of endovascular covered stent on vertebral dissecting aneurysm and carotid-cavernous fistula (CCF).
- Endovascular treatment of thoracic aortic disease: four years of experienceAlessandro S Bortone
Dipartimento Emergenza e Trapianti d Organo, Sezione di Cardiochirurgia, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11 70124 Bari, Italy
Circulation 110:II262-7. 2004..The aim of this retrospective study is to investigate efficacy and middle-term results of the stent graft treatment for diseases of descending thoracic aorta...
- Ascending aortic dissecting aneurysm with isolated right pulmonary arterial medial intramural hematomaJiunn Jye Sheu
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Ann Thorac Surg 85:2127-8. 2008..We report an extremely unusual case of an ascending aortic dissecting aneurysm associated with an isolated medial intramural hematoma in the right pulmonary artery in an 86-year-old ..
- Arterial reconstruction by direct surgical clipping of a basilar artery dissecting aneurysm after failed vertebral artery occlusion: technical case report and literature reviewMir Jafer Ali
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, 233 East Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neurosurgery 52:1475-80; discussion 1480-1. 2003..An enlarging pseudoaneurysm in the chronic phase, however, may have sufficient tissue for clip reconstruction. We present a case in which this strategy was used successfully...
- Coronary artery dissection during pregnancy and the postpartum period: two case reports and review of literatureA K Koul
Division of Cardiology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11219, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 52:88-94. 2001..Diagnostic and therapeutic considerations of this unique clinical entity are discussed and reviewed...
- Diagnosis of acute aortic dissection by D-dimer: the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection Substudy on Biomarkers (IRAD-Bio) experienceToru Suzuki
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655 Japan
Circulation 119:2702-7. 2009..We evaluated the diagnostic performance of D-dimer testing in a study population of patients with suspected aortic dissection...
- Mutations in myosin heavy chain 11 cause a syndrome associating thoracic aortic aneurysm/aortic dissection and patent ductus arteriosusLimin Zhu
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Département de génétique, 75015 Paris, France
Nat Genet 38:343-9. 2006..Human MYH11 gene mutations provide the first example of a direct change in a specific SMC protein leading to an inherited arterial disease...
- Simple and useful tests for discriminating between acute aortic dissection of the ascending aorta and acute myocardial infarction in the emergency settingHiroshi Hazui
Department of Emergency Medicine, Osaka Mishima Emergency and Critical Care Center, Japan
Circ J 69:677-82. 2005..The aim of this study was to find a simple test to distinguish such patients...
- Dissecting aneurysm of basilar artery presenting with recurrent subarachnoid hemorrhageT Nakahara
Department of Neurosurgery, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Japan
Neurosurg Rev 22:155-8. 1999..A 63-year-old man who had SAH repeatedly from a ruptured basilar dissecting aneurysm was treated with endovascular occlusion of the unilateral vertebral artery...
- Dissecting aneurysm of the anterior cerebral artery with severe subarachnoid hemorrhage during treatment for cerebral infarctionShoko M Yamada
Department of Neurosurgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Mizonokuchi Hospital, Kawasaki
Intern Med 42:433-5. 2003..woman succumbed to a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) during antiplatelet therapy for ischemia caused by a dissecting aneurysm at the anterior cerebral artery, which was identified by conventional angiography on day 11 after admission...
- Thoracic aortic emergencies: impact of endovascular surgeryGabriele Iannelli
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:591-6. 2004..To obviate this risk, endovascular surgery is considered to be a valid alternative procedure...
- Trapping and revascularization for a dissecting aneurysm of the proximal posteroinferior cerebellar artery: technical case report and review of the literatureMir Jafer Ali
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Neurosurgery 51:258-62; discussion 262-3. 2002..We report this case to review this rare topic and to present our perspective on the indications for and the effectiveness of trapping and revascularization for proximal PICA dissections that cause hemorrhage...
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: report of two cases and a 50-year review of the literatureRaghunandan Kamineni
Sarver Heart Center, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cardiol Rev 10:279-84. 2002..We report two cases of SCAD successfully identified and treated with coronary stenting as well as a comprehensive review of cases of SCAD published since 1952...
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of circulating D-Dimers in patients with acute aortic dissectionPatrick Ohlmann
Fédération of cardiologie, Service de chirurgie cardiaque, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, France
Crit Care Med 34:1358-64. 2006..We sought to determine whether assessing D-Dimer might be helpful for the management of acute aortic dissection (AAD)...
- Aortic dissection: new frontiers in diagnosis and management: Part I: from etiology to diagnostic strategiesChristoph A Nienaber
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock, Rostock School of Medicine, Ernst Heydemann Str 6, 18057 Rostock, Germany
Circulation 108:628-35. 2003
- [Subarachnoid hemorrhage due to ruptured dissecting aneurysm of peripheral superior cerebellar artery]Tomohiro Araki
Department of Neurosurgery, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie 514 8507, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 30:1345-51. 2002The peripheral superior cerebellar artery (SCA) dissecting aneurysm (DA) is extremely rare, with only 4 cases (including our case) having been reported...
- Soluble elastin fragments in serum are elevated in acute aortic dissectionTadashi Shinohara
Department of Internal Medicine I, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1839-44. 2003..We aimed to establish an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for measuring soluble elastin fragments (sELAF) in serum and to reveal its usefulness in diagnosing acute aortic dissection (AAD)...
- Midterm outcomes of femoral arteries after percutaneous endovascular aortic repair using the Preclose techniqueW Anthony Lee
University of Florida, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:919-23. 2008..The purpose of this study is to examine the late outcomes of those femoral arteries repaired in this manner...
- Operative delay for peripheral malperfusion syndrome in acute type A aortic dissection: a long-term analysisHimanshu J Patel
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135:1288-95; discussion 1295-6. 2008..This study evaluates the late outcomes with this approach...
- Mediastinitis following graft replacement of the ascending aorta: conservative approach by omental transpositionN Luciani
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Policlinico A. Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:418-20. 2001..Prompt conservative surgical treatment including omental transposition can be effective in the treatment of mediastinitis following graft replacement of the ascending aorta...
- [Dissecting aneurysm of the anterior cerebral artery with later development of collateral circulation: a case report]K Nakanishi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377-2, Ohno-Higashi, Osaka-Sayama, Osaka 589-8511, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 29:781-5. 2001Intracranial dissecting aneurysm (DA) is much less frequent than berry aneurysm. Such dissection involves mostly the vertebral and basilar arteries, followed by the internal carotid and middle cerebral arteries...
- Intentional left subclavian artery occlusion by thoracic aortic stent-grafts without surgical transpositionK A Hausegger
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Graz, Austria
J Endovasc Ther 8:472-6. 2001..To report the consequences of endoluminal deployment of stent-grafts in the thoracic aorta with intentional occlusion of the left subclavian artery...
- Contemporary management of aortic branch compromise resulting from acute aortic dissectionS R Lauterbach
Division of Vascular Surgery and the Thoracic Aortic Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:1185-92. 2001..Increased awareness and prompt, specific management of PVCs, in particular when visceral ischemia is present, have contributed to improved outcomes in patients with AD...
- Surgical pathology of the ascending aorta: a clinicopathologic study of 513 casesJames L Homme
Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1159-68. 2006..ICTD, systemic hypertension, and bicuspid aortic valve were common comorbid findings. Giant cell aortitis occured predominantly in women, usually without systemic disease...
- Elective endovascular treatment of descending thoracic aortic aneurysms and chronic dissections with stent-graftsJ Y Won
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:575-82. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: For treatment of aortic dissection and saccular aneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta, endovascular stent-graft repair may be a technically feasible and effective treatment modality...
- Clinical picture of intracranial non-traumatic dissecting aneurysmA Yamaura
Department of Neurological Surgery, Chiba University School of Medicine, Japan
Neuropathology 20:85-90. 2000..Good recovery was achieved in 64% of all patients. Outcome was better in patients with no subarachnoid hemorrhage compared with those with hemorrhage...
- Diagnosis of acute thoracic aortic dissection in the emergency departmentP R Sullivan
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Emerg Med 18:46-50. 2000..Thirteen of 39 (33%) painful presentations involved abdominal pain; EPs suspected AD in 1 of 13 (8%). EPs suspected the diagnosis in 43% of acute AD; location of pain was most predictive of a suspected diagnosis...
- Staged therapeutic approach in spontaneous coronary dissectionSiamak Aliyary
Department of Cardiology, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1879-81. 2007..While she was on aortic balloon counterpulsation the patient underwent a cesarean section and gave birth to a healthy child. Subsequently she successfully underwent off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery...
- Does this patient have an acute thoracic aortic dissection?Michael Klompas
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 287:2262-72. 2002..The diagnosis of acute thoracic aortic dissection is difficult to make and often missed...
- Changes in false lumen after transluminal stent-graft placement in aortic dissections: six years' experienceHitoshi Kusagawa
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Circulation 111:2951-7. 2005..Treatment of aortic dissections with TSGPs has resulted in good early results, but the long-term results and changes in the false lumen have not been elucidated in detail...
- Feasibility of the Inoue single-branched stent-graft implantation for thoracic aortic aneurysm or dissection involving the left subclavian artery: short- to medium-term results in 17 patientsNaritatsu Saito
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
J Vasc Surg 41:206-12; discussion 212. 2005..This study assessed the short- to medium-term clinical results of the Inoue single-branched stent graft for repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms or dissections involving the left subclavian artery...
- Nonsurgical reconstruction of thoracic aortic dissection by stent-graft placementC A Nienaber
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
N Engl J Med 340:1539-45. 1999..Proximal dissection requires surgery, but the appropriate treatment of distal thoracic aortic dissection has not been determined, because surgery has failed to improve the prognosis...
- Surgical delay for acute type A dissection with malperfusionG M Deeb
Section of Thoracic Surgery, The University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor 48109 0344, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 64:1669-75; discussion 1675-7. 1997..Intraoperative deaths were secondary to pulmonary failure resulting from capillary leak; the remaining patients died of multiorgan failure resulting from reperfusion injury...
- Aortic dissection after forceful coughingT J Papadimos
Anaesthesia 61:71-2. 2006
- INvestigation of STEnt grafts in patients with type B Aortic Dissection: design of the INSTEAD trial--a prospective, multicenter, European randomized trialChristoph A Nienaber
Division of Cardiology and Internal Medicine Department, Rostock University, Germany
Am Heart J 149:592-9. 2005....
- Third-nerve palsy heralding dissecting aneurysm of posterior cerebral artery: digital subtraction angiography and magnetic resonance appearanceM Nistri
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:197-8. 2007
- Expert consensus document on the treatment of descending thoracic aortic disease using endovascular stent-graftsLars G Svensson
Center for Aortic Surgery and Marfan Syndrome Clinic, Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:S1-41. 2008....
- [Intrathecal baclofen therapy for spastic paraparesis due to aortic dissecting aneurysm; recent progress in treatment strategy]T Nakajima
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 62:1039-42. 2009..More promotive enlightenment if ITB is indispensable for enhancement of its medical benefit in Japan...
- Post-traumatic dissecting aneurysm of extracranial internal carotid artery: endovascular treatment with stentingF Simionato
Department of Neuroradiology, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Neuroradiology 41:543-7. 1999..We report a post-traumatic dissecting aneurysm of the extracranial internal carotid artery successfully treated with stenting via a transfemoral approach.
- Arterial dissection and stroke in childrenH J Fullerton
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0114, USA
Neurology 57:1155-60. 2001..To describe the clinical characteristics of dissections of cerebral arteries in children...
- Endovascular treatment of a basilar artery dissecting aneurysmCristiane Borges Patroclo
Departments of Neurology and Radiology, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo University, Avenida Dr Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:1012-4. 2007..Clinical and radiological results were excellent and no complications were observed, suggesting that BA stenting and coil embolization may be a safe and effective treatment for this condition...
- Serious complications following endovascular thoracic aortic stent-graft repair for type B dissectionBeate Neuhauser
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 33:58-63. 2008..To describe our experience with endovascular stent-graft repairs in type B aortic dissection focusing on serious secondary complications resulting in immediate or late conversion to open repair...
- Surgical treatment of dissecting aneurysm of the interventricular septumQingyu Wu
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:517-20. 2002We reviewed our experience in the surgical treatment of an extremely rare disease, dissecting aneurysm of the interventricular septum (DAIS)...
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic lesions with the Zenith TX1 and TX2 thoracic grafts: intermediate-term resultsRoy K Greenberg
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:589-96. 2005..This prospective study was designed to assess the technical success and outcome after patients with thoracic aortic pathology at high risk for conventional therapy were treated with the Zenith TX1 and TX2 endovascular graft...
- Characterizing the young patient with aortic dissection: results from the International Registry of Aortic Dissection (IRAD)James L Januzzi
Thoracic Aorta Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:665-9. 2004..The goal of this study was to better characterize the young patient with aortic dissection (AoD)...
- MDCT angiography of acute chest pain: evaluation of ECG-gated and nongated techniquesVassilios D Raptopoulos
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:S346-56. 2006..The objective of our study was to compare MDCT angiography protocols used in patients with acute chest pain caused by vascular, nonvascular, and cardiac abnormalities...
- A prospective study of medically treated acute type B aortic dissectionA Winnerkvist
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Anesthesiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 32:349-55. 2006..To study prospectively aneurysm formation, need of surgery, incidence of rupture and mortality in patients with conservatively treated acute type B aortic dissection...
- Outcomes and survival in surgical treatment of descending thoracic aorta with acute dissectionJohn Bozinovski
Cardiovascular Surgery Service, the Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:965-70; discussion 970-1. 2008..We report the outcomes of 76 consecutive patients who underwent surgical repair of the descending thoracic aorta or the thoracoabdominal aorta for acute dissection...
- Is there a place for D-dimers in acute type A aortic dissection?F F Immer
Heart 92:727-8. 2006..Plasma concentrations of D-dimer may prove a valuable addition in the diagnostic work-up of acute type A aortic dissection, but not as means of predicting mortality...
- Familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections: three families with early-onset ascending and descending aortic dissections in womenVan Tran-Fadulu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:1196-202. 2006..Thus, a novel unidentified loci may be responsible for the phenotype in these three families...
- D-dimer in ruling out acute aortic dissection: a systematic review and prospective cohort studyGottfried Sodeck
Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur Heart J 28:3067-75. 2007..Blood D-dimer testing has been proposed as diagnostic marker with high sensitivity for exclusion of acute aortic dissection (AAD). We performed a systematic review and validated the findings in a prospective patient cohort...
- Endograft exclusion of acute and chronic descending thoracic aortic dissectionsTae K Song
Division of Vascular, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:247-58. 2006....
- Treatment of aortic disease in patients with Marfan syndromeDianna M Milewicz
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 6431 Fannin, MSB 4 202, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 111:e150-7. 2005
- Serum D-dimer is a sensitive test for the detection of acute aortic dissection: a pooled meta-analysisKeith A Marill
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Emerg Med 34:367-76. 2008..Specificity ranged from 40% to 100%. Serum D-dimer is sensitive for acute aortic dissection and potentially represents a useful test for patients who present with a low likelihood of this disease...
- Electrocardiographically gated 16-section CT of the thorax: cardiac motion suppressionLars K Hofmann
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Radiology 233:927-33. 2004..Best image quality was achieved by referencing image reconstruction to middiastole (50%-60%) for the left coronary artery, aortic root, and ascending aorta. The pulmonary arteries are best displayed during mid- to late diastole (80%)...
- A rapid bedside D-dimer assay (cardiac D-dimer) for screening of clinically suspected acute aortic dissectionKoichi Akutsu
Intensive and Coronary Care Unit, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 69:397-403. 2005..A rapid laboratory test for diagnosis of acute aortic dissection (AAD) has not been available. We performed this prospective study to determine the utility of a rapid bedside D-dimer (DD) assay for detection of AAD...
- Spontaneous dissection of the left main coronary artery treated with percutaneous coronary stentingMimi Q Le
University of Rochester Medical Center, Cardiology Unit, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:E218-21. 2007..We report a case of spontaneous dissection of the left main coronary artery in a young woman who was successfully treated with percutaneous coronary stent implantation...
- D-Dimer in ruling out acute aortic dissection: sensitivity is not 100%Patrick Ohlmann
Eur Heart J 29:828-9; author reply 829. 2008
- Comparison of aortic dissection in patients with and without Marfan's syndrome (results from the International Registry of Aortic Dissection)James L Januzzi
Thoracic Aorta Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:400-2. 2004..Our data support the importance of aneurysm surveillance and prophylactic surgical intervention for patients with Marfan's syndrome to potentially reduce the risk of mortality...
- Triggers and circadian distribution of the onset of acute aortic dissectionSatoshi Kojima
Department of Cardiology, Juntendo University Izunagaoka Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Circ J 66:232-5. 2002..3% vs 70.4%, p<0.0001). Most (86.6%) of the AAD episodes were related to physical or mental stress, particularly those that occurred during the day...
- Aortic dissection--in pursuit of a serum markerM Ayaz Mir
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14212, USA
Am J Emerg Med 26:942-5. 2008..Other blood tests focus on myosin heavy chain and metalloproteinase release for the aortic media during dissection. The future seems promising...
- Initial experience with intentional stent-graft coverage of the subclavian artery during endovascular thoracic aortic repairsJohannes Görich
Department of Radiology, University of Ulm, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 9:II39-43. 2002..To investigate the extent to which clinical status is affected by covering the left subclavian artery (LSA) with stent-grafts in the thoracic aorta...
- Clinical, diagnostic, and management perspectives of aortic dissectionIjaz A Khan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NB, USA
Chest 122:311-28. 2002..The clinical, diagnostic, and management perspectives on aortic dissection and its variants, aortic intramural hematoma and atherosclerotic aortic ulcer, are reviewed...
- A Gly1127Ser mutation in an EGF-like domain of the fibrillin-1 gene is a risk factor for ascending aortic aneurysm and dissectionU Francke
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical Center, CA, USA
Am J Hum Genet 56:1287-96. 1995..The Gly1127Ser mutation, therefore, produces a mild form of autosomal dominantly inherited weakness of elastic tissue, which predisposes to ascending aortic aneurysm and dissection later in life...
- Dissecting aneurysm confined to the anterior cerebral arteryK Mori
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University, Izunagaoka Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Br J Neurosurg 16:158-64. 2002b>Dissecting aneurysm confined to the anterior cerebral artery (ACA) is extremely rare...
- Value of plasma fibrin D-dimers for detection of acute aortic dissectionHolger Eggebrecht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:804-9. 2004..The purpose of this research was to assess the value of systemic inflammatory biomarkers in the detection of acute aortic dissection (AD)...
- Aortic root replacement in 271 Marfan patients: a 24-year experienceVincent L Gott
Division of Cardiac Surgery, the Institute of Genetic Medicine and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:438-43. 2002..We performed our first Bentall composite graft procedure in 1976 and herein report our 24-year experience with 271 Marfan patients...
- Spontaneous dissection of the superior mesenteric artery diagnosed on multidetector helical CTHiroyoshi Furukawa
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 26:143-4. 2002
- Thoracic aortic stent-graft devices: problems, failure modes, and applicabilityChristoph A Nienaber
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock, Rostock School of Medicine, Rostock, Germany
Semin Vasc Surg 20:81-9. 2007..The aim of this work is to give an overview on thoracic aortic stent-graft devices with focus on problems, failure modes and potential improvements...
- Randomized comparison of strategies for type B aortic dissection: the INvestigation of STEnt Grafts in Aortic Dissection (INSTEAD) trialChristoph A Nienaber
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Rostock, Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6, Rostock, Germany
Circulation 120:2519-28. 2009..Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) represents a novel concept for type B aortic dissection. Although life-saving in acute emergencies, outcomes and survival of TEVAR in stable dissection are unknown...
- Myocardial infarction resulting from coronary artery dissection in an adolescent with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV due to a type III collagen mutationL C Ades
Department of Medical Genetics and Epidemiology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, Australia
Br Heart J 74:112-6. 1995..This patient represents the first case of type IV Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with symptomatic coronary artery dissection...
- Omental pedicle graft in the management of infected ascending aortic prosthesesD W Miller
Swedish Hospital Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Ann Thorac Surg 44:614-7. 1987..An omental graft was used to protect the vascular prosthesis and minimize the risk of recurrent infection...
- Choice of computed tomography, transesophageal echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and aortography in acute aortic dissection: International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissection (IRAD)Andrew G Moore
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 89:1235-8. 2002
- Outcome of surgical treatment in patients with acute type B aortic dissectionTomoki Shimokawa
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 86:103-7. 2008..Surgery for acute type B aortic dissection is associated with significant mortality and morbidity. The purpose of this study was to assess the clinical outcome of surgical management of complicated acute type B aortic dissection...
- Modular branched stent graft for endovascular repair of aortic arch aneurysm and dissectionTimothy A M Chuter
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M 488, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:859-63. 2003..We describe a modular stent graft for use in endovascular repair of aneurysms of the aortic arch...
- Percutaneous intervention of spontaneous renal artery dissection complicated with renal infarction: a case report and literature reviewSang Hak Lee
Cardiology Division, Yonsei Cardiovascular Center and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:335-8. 2003..We describe a 48-year-old male patient with SRAD complicated with renal infarction who was successfully treated with percutnaeous angioplasty and renal artery stenting...
- Results of endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta with the Talent Thoracic stent graft: the Talent Thoracic Retrospective RegistryRossella Fattori
Cardiovascular Radiology, University Hospital S Orsola, Bologna, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:332-9. 2006..The Talent Thoracic Retrospective Registry was designed to evaluate the impact of this therapy on patients treated in 7 major European referral centers over an 8-year period...
- Isolated spontaneous dissection of the splanchnic arteriesToshio Takayama
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vasc Surg 48:329-33. 2008..This study was conducted to define the characteristics of patients with splanchnic artery dissection and the clinical course of isolated splanchnic artery dissection...
- Endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta: lessons learnedFrank J Criado
Center for Vascular Intervention, Division of Vascular Surgery, Union Memorial Hospital, MedStar Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:857-63; discussion 863. 2005..We sought to gain a better understanding of these issues through a retrospective review of our 8-year clinical experience in the treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections...
- Pathophysiology and Treatment of Pulmonary HypertensionMarc Moon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Atomic Force Microscopic Studies of Dissecting AneurysmPaul J Boor; Fiscal Year: 2013..These combined in vivo, in vitro, biophysical and molecular approaches will identify the structural/molecular toxic effects of AEEA that weaken the aortic wall to result in DAA. ..
- 1999 GORDON CONFERENCE ON ELASTIN AND ELASTIN TISSUESFrancesco Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 1999..organ system and include complex pathologies like pulmonary hypertension and emphysema, atherosclerosis and dissecting aneurysm, and dermal, and dermal elastoses and progeria, as well as monogenic entities like Marfan syndrome, ..
- VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS OF THE AORTA AND ITS BRANCHESGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Basis of Aortic Aneurysms/DissectionsDianna Milewicz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, identification of the genes that predispose individuals to TAAD is critical in preventing premature deaths due to dissections. ..
- CHARACTERIZING MICROFIBRIL ABNORMALITIES IN SCLERODERMADianna Milewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research proposed in this grant will determine the contribution of abnormalities in fibrillin-1-containing microfibrils to the activation of fibroblasts, which leads to the fibrosis that characterizes SSc. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Myocardial regeneration in ischemic cardiomyopathyMarc Penn; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Osteoprotegerin and osteopontin in aortic aneurysmJonathan Golledge; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the role of these calcium-controlling proteins in artery weakness and how drug therapy can interfere in these effects is an important step in the development of new treatment for aortic aneurysm. ..
- EXCITOTOXICITY IN CIRCULATORY ARREST--BRAIN INJURYWilliam Baumgartner; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX IN MICE LACKING THROMBOSPONDIN 2Paul Bornstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments have the potential to develop the means to improve wound healing, and the performance of implanted biosensors and delivery devices, in human subjects. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- New ECG Criteria for Posterior Myocardial InfarctionShu Fen Wung; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will aid in the detection and follow-up of patients with posterior myocardial infarction. ..
- GSTs: Oxidative Stress in Early AtherosclerosisPaul Boor; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION: FORMATION OF MICROPARTICLESSergey Brodsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies may provide novel information on the contribution of microparticles to the pathophysiology of endothelial cell dysfunction and coagulation abnormalities. ..
- VEIN GRAFT PRESERVATION: THROMBOSIS & NEOINTIMAL DISEASEYoshifumi Naka; Fiscal Year: 2004..The current proposal is driven by the applicant?s desire to use a model of vein graft disease as a tool to learn how to undertake basic studies to elucidate mechanisms of early and late vein graft failure...
- BIOGENESIS AND FUNCTION OF CONNECTIVE TISSUE PROTEINSPaul Bornstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that some of the mutations created in mice will generate useful models for human disorders of these tissues, specifically some of the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes and osteoporosis. ..
- Extracellular Mechanisms For Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJohn Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Fetal Basis of Dissecting Aortic AneurysmPaul Boor; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..