Genomes and Genes
right ventricular dysfunction
Summary: A condition in which the right ventricle of the heart exhibits a decreased functionality. This decreased function could lead to congestive heart failure or myocardial infarction, among other cardiovascular diseases. Diagnostic measurements that indicate this condition include a diminished ejection fraction and a depressed level of motility of the right ventricular wall.
Publications223 found, 100 shown here
- Usefulness of real-time three-dimensional echocardiography to identify right ventricular dysfunction in patients with congenital heart diseaseHeleen B van der Zwaan
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 106:843-50. 2010....
- Prognostic value of echocardiographically assessed right ventricular dysfunction in patients with pulmonary embolismMarije Ten Wolde
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 164:1685-9. 2004Echocardiographically assessed right ventricular dysfunction is increasingly used to guide more aggressive therapy in hemodynamically stable patients with acute pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction in patients with haemodynamically stable pulmonary embolism: a systematic reviewOlivier Sanchez
Division of Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 29:1569-77. 2008....
- Central sleep apnea, right ventricular dysfunction, and low diastolic blood pressure are predictors of mortality in systolic heart failureShahrokh Javaheri
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:2028-34. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine whether central sleep apnea (CSA) contributes to mortality in patients with heart failure (HF)...
- Right ventricular function in cardiovascular disease, part II: pathophysiology, clinical importance, and management of right ventricular failureFrancois Haddad
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University, 770 Welch Rd, Ste 400, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5715, USA
Circulation 117:1717-31. 2008
- Right ventricular dysfunction is an independent predictor of survival in patients with dilated chronic Chagas' cardiomyopathyMaria do Carmo P Nunes
Ecocenter, Hospital Socor, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 127:372-9. 2008..This study sought to investigate the prognostic value of RV dysfunction, apart from other well established risk factors, in patients with Chagas' cardiomyopathy...
- Heterozygous deficiency of hypoxia-inducible factor-2alpha protects mice against pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular dysfunction during prolonged hypoxiaKoen Brusselmans
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Invest 111:1519-27. 2003....
- Age- and training-dependent development of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in heterozygous plakoglobin-deficient micePaulus Kirchhof
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Muenster, Germany
Circulation 114:1799-806. 2006..To test the hypothesis that reduced desmosomal protein expression causes ARVC, we studied the cardiac effects of heterozygous plakoglobin deficiency in mice...
- Plasma CCN2/connective tissue growth factor is associated with right ventricular dysfunction in patients with neuroendocrine tumorsDeidi Strickland Bergestuen
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Sognsvannsveien 20, 0027 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 10:6. 2010..Its role in carcinoid heart disease is unknown. We sought to investigate the relationship between plasma CCN2 and valvular and mural involvement in carcinoid heart disease...
- Cardiac involvement in systemic sclerosis assessed by tissue-doppler echocardiography during routine care: A controlled study of 100 consecutive patientsChristophe Meune
Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:1803-9. 2008..To assess the prevalence of primary cardiac complications in a large population of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc), using recently developed echocardiographic techniques...
- Ventricular size and function assessed by cardiac MRI predict major adverse clinical outcomes late after tetralogy of Fallot repairA L Knauth
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Heart 94:211-6. 2008..Factors associated with impaired clinical status in a cross-sectional study of patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) have been reported previously...
- Right ventricular function in patients with first inferior myocardial infarction: assessment by tricuspid annular motion and tricuspid annular velocityM Alam
Division of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute at South Hospital, Sodersjukhuset, Stockhom, Sweden
Am Heart J 139:710-5. 2000..The current study describes RV function determined by tricuspid annular motion and tricuspid annular velocity after MI...
- Increased brain and atrial natriuretic peptides in patients with chronic right ventricular pressure overload: correlation between plasma neurohormones and right ventricular dysfunctionI I Tulevski
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Meibergdreef 9, 1100 DD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Heart 86:27-30. 2001..To evaluate the role of plasma neurohormones in the diagnosis of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic right ventricular dysfunction. SETTING: Tertiary cardiovascular referral centre...
- Brain natriuretic peptide as noninvasive marker of the severity of right ventricular dysfunction in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionHerre J Reesink
Department of Pulmonology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 84:537-43. 2007..Therefore, plasma BNP levels were studied in relation to cardiac remodeling and function as determined by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Early detection of right ventricular systolic dysfunction by using myocardial acceleration during isovolumic contraction in patients with mitral stenosisYelda Tayyareci
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:516-21. 2008....
- Subclinical right ventricular dysfunction in diabetes mellitus--an ultrasonic strain/strain rate studyW Kosmala
Cardiology Department of Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Diabet Med 24:656-63. 2007..The aim of the study was to determine the preclinical effects of diabetes on regional RV systolic and diastolic function in asymptomatic persons with diabetes using the echocardiographic strain/strain rate technique...
- Right ventricular dysfunction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as evidenced by the myocardial performance indexStellan Morner
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, Umea University Hospital, S 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 124:57-63. 2008..The aim of this study was, therefore, to evaluate the right ventricular MPI in patients with HCM...
- Pulmonary hypertension and predominant right heart failure in thyrotoxicosisYael Paran
Department of Internal Medicine D, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Weizman 6 Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Resuscitation 69:339-41. 2006....
- Isolated right ventricular dysfunction in systemic sclerosis: latent pulmonary hypertension?S Huez
Department of Cardiology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Respir J 30:928-36. 2007..These results suggest that patients with systemic sclerosis may present with latent pulmonary hypertension as a likely cause of right ventricular diastolic dysfunction, as revealed by stress echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging...
- Right ventricular dysfunction during intensive pharmacologic unloading persists after mechanical unloadingMaryse Palardy
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Card Fail 16:218-24. 2010..We compared RV size and function after aggressive medical unloading therapy to that achieved in the same patients after 3 months of left ventricular assist device (LVAD) support...
- [Biohumoral markers and right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolism: the answer to thrombolytic therapy]Iolanda Enea
UO di Medicina d Urgenza, Ospedale San Sebastiano, Caserta
Ital Heart J Suppl 5:29-35. 2004Recent data suggest that brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and troponin I (TnII) are useful markers of right ventricular dysfunction (RVD) and initial myocardial injury in acute pulmonary embolism...
- Relation of left ventricular twist and global strain with right ventricular dysfunction in patients after operative "correction" of tetralogy of fallotAnnelies E van der Hulst
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 106:723-9. 2010..Furthermore, apical RV strain correlated with apical LV strain and apical LV rotation, indicating adverse apical ventricular-ventricular interactions...
- Pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular dysfunction in growth-restricted, extremely low birth weight neonatesOlivier Danhaive
Department of Neonatology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Perinatol 25:495-9. 2005..Pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular dysfunction were found by echocadiography...
- Quantitative measures of right ventricular dysfunction by echocardiography in the diagnosis of acute nonmassive pulmonary embolismJesper Kjaergaard
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:1264-71. 2006....
- Natural history of right ventricular dysfunction after acute pulmonary embolismTommy Chung
Department of Cardiology, Concord Repatriation General Hospital, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:885-94. 2007..We investigated individual parameters of RV dysfunction after acute PE, assessing their correlation with the PE extent and recovery during 6 months...
- Functional limitation and right ventricular dysfunction at 6-month follow-up in patients with non-massive pulmonary embolism: useful outcomes for testing therapy of acute submassive pulmonary embolism?Vittorio Palmieri
Eur Heart J 28:2430-1. 2007
- Right ventricular dysfunction is an independent predictor for mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients presenting with cardiogenic shock on admissionAnnemarie E Engstrom
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 12:276-82. 2010..The purpose of our study was to determine the prognostic value of RV dysfunction on admission in STEMI patients presenting in CS...
- Septal myocardial protection during cardiac surgery for prevention of right ventricular dysfunctionGerald Buckberg
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:108-16. 2008..Dysfunction of a normally functioning septum following surgical cardiac procedures calls for reevaluation of myocardial protection methods...
- Spontaneously occurring arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in the domestic cat: A new animal model similar to the human diseaseP R Fox
Caspary Research Institute of the Animal Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circulation 102:1863-70. 2000..Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC) is a primary myocardial disease of incompletely resolved pathogenesis and is a largely unappreciated cause of sudden death in the young...
- Relation of circulating markers of fibrosis and progression of left and right ventricular dysfunction in hypertensive patients with heart failureRafal Plaksej
Department of Cardiology, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
J Hypertens 27:2483-91. 2009....
- Right ventricular dysfunction and pulmonary valve replacement after correction of tetralogy of FallotFrank T H de Ruijter
Children s Heart Center, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1794-800; discussion 1800. 2002..This retrospective study describes follow-up and reinterventions in our tetralogy of Fallot population...
- Reproducibility of CT signs of right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolismDoo Kyoung Kang
Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1500-6. 2010..The purpose of our study was to determine the interobserver reproducibility of CT findings of right ventricular (RV) dysfunction in pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Evaluation of subclinical right ventricular dysfunction in obstructive sleep apnea patients using velocity vector imagingAylin Tugcu
Florence Nightingale Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
Circ J 74:312-9. 2010....
- Dobutamine stress-induced ischemic right ventricular dysfunction and its relation to cardiac output in patients with three-vessel coronary artery disease with angina-like symptomsChristine A O'Sullivan
The Cardiac Department, Royal Brompton Hospital and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 96:622-7. 2005..76 +/- 0.4, p <0.001) compared with that in controls (1.3 +/- 0.3 to 1.0 +/- 0.2, p <0.001). In conclusion, markers of RV dysfunction are not related to left ventricular wall motion score index or long-axis changes with stress...
- Right ventricular dysfunction in congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesT S Hornung
Adolph Basser Cardiac Institute, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Sydney, Australia
Am J Cardiol 84:1116-9, A10. 1999..6 +/- 2.3 of a total of 12 segments; the extent of the resting perfusion defects correlated inversely with the RV ejection fraction...
- Right ventricular dysfunction and adverse outcome in patients with advanced heart failureMichael E Field
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Card Fail 12:616-20. 2006....
- Troponin I and right ventricular dysfunction for risk assessment in patients with nonmassive pulmonary embolism in the Emergency Department in combination with clinically based risk scoreVittorio Palmieri
Cardiology Unit, Ospedale dei Pellegrini, ASL Napoli 1, Naples, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 3:131-8. 2008....
- Magnetic resonance imaging analysis of right ventricular pressure-volume loops: in vivo validation and clinical application in patients with pulmonary hypertensionTitus Kuehne
Department of Congenital Heart Diseases and Pediatric Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353 Germany
Circulation 110:2010-6. 2004....
- Impact of right ventricular involvement on mortality and morbidity in patients with inferior myocardial infarctionS R Mehta
Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:37-43. 2001..We sought to evaluate the prognostic impact of right ventricular (RV) myocardial involvement in patients with inferior myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Association of subclinical right ventricular dysfunction with obesityChiew Y Wong
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:611-6. 2006..The purpose of this research was to identify the determinants of right ventricular (RV) dysfunction in overweight and obese subjects...
- Right ventricular dysfunction as an independent predictor of short- and long-term mortality in patients with heart failureJesper Kjaergaard
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Heart Fail 9:610-6. 2007..Tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion (TAPSE) is a simple echocardiographic measure of RV ejection fraction, but may be affected by co-existing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Genotype-phenotype assessment in autosomal recessive arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (Naxos disease) caused by a deletion in plakoglobinN Protonotarios
Yannis Protonotarios Medical Center, Naxos, Greece
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1477-84. 2001....
- Heparin plus alteplase compared with heparin alone in patients with submassive pulmonary embolismStavros Konstantinides
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
N Engl J Med 347:1143-50. 2002..The use of thrombolytic agents in the treatment of hemodynamically stable patients with acute submassive pulmonary embolism remains controversial...
- Advanced quantitative echocardiography in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyJesper Kjaergaard
Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:27-35. 2007..Three-dimensional echocardiography and Doppler tissue imaging (DTI) are new echocardiographic modalities for the evaluation of global and regional function, but the diagnostic potential remains to be assessed...
- Decline in ventricular function and clinical condition after Mustard repair for transposition of the great arteries (a prospective study of 22-29 years)J W Roos-Hesselink
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 25:1264-70. 2004..A prospective study was made to examine long-term survival, clinical outcome, and right ventricular function 25 years after surgery...
- Assessing right ventricular function: the role of echocardiography and complementary technologiesG B Bleeker
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Heart 92:i19-26. 2006
- Pulmonary regurgitation is an important determinant of right ventricular contractile dysfunction in patients with surgically repaired tetralogy of FallotA Frigiola
Grown up Congenital Heart Unit, The Heart Hospital, Westmoreland Street, London, UK
Circulation 110:II153-7. 2004..Evaluation of right ventricular (RV) function in patients with pulmonary regurgitation (PR) after tetralogy repair remains challenging because of abnormal RV loading conditions...
- Extent of MRI delayed enhancement of myocardial mass is related to right ventricular dysfunction in pulmonary artery hypertensionGerry P McCann
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:349-55. 2007..The purpose of our study was to assess the presence and extent of delayed contrast enhancement of ventricular myocardium in pulmonary artery hypertension...
- Echocardiographic assessment of regional right ventricular function: a head-to-head comparison between 2-dimensional and tissue Doppler-derived strain analysisArco J Teske
Department of Cardiology Heart Lung Centre Utrecht, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:275-83. 2008..We sought to compare the feasibility and results of Doppler tissue imaging-derived and 2-dimensional strain echocardiography-derived deformation assessment of the right ventricular (RV) free wall...
- Mid term course after pediatric right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction: a comparison of homografts, porcine xenografts and ContegrasDietmar Boethig
Department for Pediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:58-66. 2005..They lack availability and durability. The Contegra, a glutaraldehyde fixed bovine jugular vein, was developed as an alternative. In this article, we compare single center results of 190 RVOT conduit implantations...
- Right ventricular dysfunction assessed by cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging predicts poor prognosis late after myocardial infarctionEric Larose
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:855-62. 2007..We sought to determine whether right ventricular (RV) function late after myocardial infarction (MI) impacts long-term prognosis...
- Right ventricular volumes and ejection fraction with fast cine MR imaging in breath-hold technique: applicability, normal values from 52 volunteers, and evaluation of 325 adult cardiac patientsM B Rominger
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 10:908-18. 1999..We conclude that RV volumes can be routinely assessed with fast MRI and should be performed in addition to LV evaluation in CHD, in right-sided VD, and in all patients with an abnormal LVEF.J. Magn. Reson. Imaging 1999; 10:908-918...
- Regional right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolism and right ventricular infarctionFranco Casazza
Division of Cardiology, San Carlo Borromeo Hospital, via Pio 2, n 3, 20153 Milan, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:11-4. 2005..A normally contracting right ventricular apex associated to a severe hypokinesia of the mid-free wall ('McConnell sign') has been considered a distinct echocardiographic pattern of acute pulmonary embolism...
- Pulmonary embolism: impact of right ventricular dysfunctionStavros Konstantinides
Department of Cardiology and Pulmonary Medicine, Georg August University of Goettingen, Germany
Curr Opin Cardiol 20:496-501. 2005The appropriate treatment of patients with acute pulmonary embolism who present with right ventricular dysfunction but normal arterial blood pressure, and particularly the potential benefits of thrombolytic treatment in this setting, ..
- Left and right ventricular diastolic dysfunction as predictors of difficult separation from cardiopulmonary bypassAndre Y Denault
Department of Anesthesia, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger Street East, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
Can J Anaesth 53:1020-9. 2006....
- Three-dimensional electroanatomic voltage mapping increases accuracy of diagnosing arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasiaDomenico Corrado
Division of Cardiology, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Circulation 111:3042-50. 2005....
- Right ventricular diastolic dysfunction and the acute effects of sildenafil in pulmonary hypertension patientsC Tji Joong Gan
VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117 PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Chest 132:11-7. 2007..In addition, the effects of an acute reduction of RV afterload by the oral intake of sildenafil were studied. Finally, we assessed whether diastolic function is related to cardiac parameters of disease severity...
- Computed tomographic pulmonary angiography in the assessment of severity of acute pulmonary embolism and right ventricular dysfunctionM S Nural
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Acta Radiol 50:629-37. 2009..The distinction between severe pulmonary embolism (PE) and right heart dysfunction is important for predicting patient mortality...
- Subclinical right ventricular dysfunction in cystic fibrosis. A study using tissue Doppler echocardiographyA A Ionescu
Section of Respiratory Medicine and Department of Cardiology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:1212-8. 2001..Tissue Doppler echocardiography provides a quantifiable indicator useful for detection and monitoring of disease progression...
- The relation between quantitative right ventricular ejection fraction and indices of tricuspid annular motion and myocardial performanceDarryl Miller
University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:443-7. 2004..Assessment of right ventricular (RV) function remains challenging because of complex RV chamber geometry and a paucity of easily derived and objective functional methods...
- Utility of brain natriuretic peptide to predict right ventricular dysfunction and clinical outcome in patients with acute pulmonary embolismStefan Kruger
Circulation 108:e94; author reply e94-5. 2003
- Inhaled iloprost in eight heart transplant recipients presenting with post-bypass acute right ventricular dysfunctionK Theodoraki
Department of Anesthesiology, Areteion University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:1213-7. 2006..weaning from cardiopulmonary bypass may be particularly laborious as a result of superimposed acute right ventricular dysfunction in the setting of pre-existing pulmonary hypertension...
- Doppler myocardial imaging for early detection of right ventricular dysfunction in patients with pulmonary hypertensionMaytinee Kittipovanonth
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1035-41. 2008..In pulmonary hypertension (PHT), right ventricular (RV) function affects treatment strategy and prognosis. Doppler myocardial imaging (DMI) has the potential to detect early RV dysfunction...
- Right heart failure and hyperthyroidism: a neglected presentationJoel Cohen
Am J Med 115:76-7. 2003
- Feasibility and accuracy of a routine echocardiographic assessment of right ventricular functionGloria Tamborini
Int J Cardiol 115:86-9. 2007..The values of 17 mm for TAPSE, 12 cm/s for PSV and 37% for FSA identified patients with high specificity. The values in subgroups of pathological patients were evaluated and compared...
- Biomarker-based strategy for screening right ventricular dysfunction in patients with non-massive pulmonary embolismDamien Logeart
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75010, Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 33:286-92. 2007To evaluate the usefulness of B-type natriuretic peptide and troponin I measurements in predicting right ventricular dysfunction (RVD) in non-massive pulmonary embolism.
- Timing and magnitude of regional right ventricular function: a speckle tracking-derived strain study of normal subjects and patients with right ventricular dysfunctionAlessandra Meris
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino, Lugano, Switzerland
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:823-31. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the timing and magnitude of global and regional right ventricular (RV) function by means of speckle tracking-derived strain in normal subjects and patients with RV dysfunction...
- Detection of early right ventricular dysfunction in Chagas' disease using Doppler tissue imagingMarcio Vinicius Lins Barros
Ecoar Medicina Diagnóstica, Medical School, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1197-201. 2002..Although echocardiography plays an important role in noninvasive assessment of cardiac function, evaluation of RV is challenging because of the anatomic and functional complexity of this chamber...
- Role of electrocardiography in identifying right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolismGopikrishna Punukollu
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:450-2. 2005..T-wave inversion in leads V1 to V3 had the greatest sensitivity and diagnostic accuracy for identifying RV dysfunction in patients with APE. The S1Q3T3 pattern and right bundle branch block had good specificity but moderate accuracy...
- Identifying right ventricular dysfunction with tissue Doppler imaging in pulmonary hypertensionNavin Rajagopalan
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Int J Cardiol 128:359-63. 2008..Standard echocardiographic assessment of right ventricular (RV) function is problematic due to the complex RV geometry. We used tissue Doppler imaging to identify RV dysfunction in patients with pulmonary hypertension (PH)...
- A delayed time of the peak tricuspid regurgitation signal: marker of right ventricular dysfunctionAngel Lopez-Candales
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:224-9. 2008..Worsening degrees of tricuspid regurgitation (TR) have been associated with worse outcomes. We investigated the time it takes for the TR jet to attain its maximum peak (tmpTR) with measures of right ventricular (RV) function...
- Disturbed right ventricular diastolic function in patients with systemic sclerosis: a Doppler tissue imaging studyPer Lindqvist
Department of Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Chest 128:755-63. 2005..To date, right ventricular (RV) involvement has not been studied in detail. We therefore assessed RV function in patients with SSc and related the findings to the clinical features of the disease...
- Right ventricular dysfunction and risk of heart failure and mortality after myocardial infarctionLeonardo A M Zornoff
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1450-5. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the prognostic value of right ventricular (RV) function in patients after a myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Right ventricular cardiomyopathy in beta-thalassaemia majorG Hahalis
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Patras University Medical School, Patras, Greece
Eur Heart J 23:147-56. 2002..However, the possibility of direct right ventricular myocardial involvement in the absence of significant pulmonary hypertension has not been adequately investigated...
- Reduced right ventricular ejection fraction as a marker for idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy compared with ischemic left ventricular dysfunctionL La Vecchia
Divisione di Cardiologia, Ospedale S. Bortolo, Vicenza, Italy
Am Heart J 142:181-9. 2001..These findings support the concept that IDC is frequently characterized by a biventricular involvement and that the presence of RV dysfunction represents a distinguishing feature of this disease...
- Presence of biventricular dysfunction in patients with type II diabetes mellitusMohammad Reza Movahed
University of Arizona Sarver Heart Center, Department of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Congest Heart Fail 13:78-80. 2007..7; confidence interval, 1.3-25.4 [P=.02] and LVEF <30%; odds ratio, 12.9; confidence interval, 3.8-43.7 [P<.0001]). These results suggest that diabetic cardiomyopathy involves both ventricles as an independent pathologic process...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging detects subclinical right ventricular impairment in systemic sclerosisGian Paolo Bezante
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Rheumatol 34:2431-7. 2007..To assess myocardial involvement in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) with no signs or symptoms of cardiac impairment (New York Heart Association functional class I)...
- Outcome of 121 patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesJ M Rutledge
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 23:137-45. 2002..We support a move toward an alternative surgical approach (double switch procedure) in carefully selected patients...
- Cardiac inflammation contributes to right ventricular dysfunction following experimental pulmonary embolism in ratsJohn A Watts
Emergency Medicine Research, Carolinas Medical Center, Cannon Research Center, Charlotte, NC 28232 2861, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:296-307. 2006..Experimental agranulocytosis reduced RV, suggesting that neutrophil influx contributed to RV damage...
- Association of persistent right ventricular dysfunction at hospital discharge after acute pulmonary embolism with recurrent thromboembolic eventsStefano Grifoni
Emergency Department, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Arch Intern Med 166:2151-6. 2006In patients with acute pulmonary embolism, right ventricular dysfunction (RVD) on hospital admission is a predictor of adverse short-term clinical outcome...
- Troponin I as a marker of right ventricular dysfunction and severity of pulmonary embolismSandra Amorim
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Sao Joao, Porto, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 25:181-6. 2006..with severe pulmonary embolism (PE), the rise in pulmonary artery pressure can lead to progressive right ventricular dysfunction (RVD), and clinical studies have demonstrated the presence of ischemia and even right ventricular ..
- Increased brain natriuretic peptide as a marker for right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolismI I Tulevski
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 86:1193-6. 2001..42, p = ns). In conclusion, plasma BNP neurohormone levels might be of clinical importance as a supplementary tool for assessment of RV function in patients with acute PE...
- Clinical characteristics and morphologic features of isolated noncompaction of the ventricular myocardium: electrocardiogram-gated magnetic resonance imaging can elucidate more accurate biventricular structuresYohei Oda
Division of Cardiology and Vascular Regenerative Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University School of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
Heart Vessels 20:126-7. 2005..We present the clinical characteristics and morphological features of this case in comparison with some recent reports...
- How prostacyclin improves cardiac output in right heart failure in conjunction with pulmonary hypertensionFrancçois Kerbaul
Laboratory of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine of the Free University of Brussels, Erasme Campus, CP 604, Lennik Road 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:846-50. 2007....
- Late arrhythmia in adults with the mustard procedure for transposition of great arteries: a surrogate marker for right ventricular dysfunction?M A Gatzoulis
University of Toronto, Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, The Toronto Hospital Department of Medicine, Ontario, Canada
Heart 84:409-15. 2000..To examine the relation between ventricular dysfunction and late clinical arrhythmia in adults who underwent the Mustard procedure for transposition of the great arteries...
- Right ventricular dysfunction in advanced heart failureStefano Ghio
Department of Cardiology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Ital Heart J 6:852-5. 2005..Most information may be obtained non-invasively using sound but simple and reproducible echocardiographic indicators of right ventricular function...
- MRI evaluation of right ventricular pressure overload in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJ T Marcus
Department of Medical Physics and Informatics, Institute for Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, University Hospital, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Magn Reson Imaging 8:999-1005. 1998..05), which is indicative of pulmonary hypertension. In conclusion, this MRI protocol provides a tool to assess the effects of RV pressure overload in COPD before heart failure has become manifest...
- Right ventricular dysfunction in chronic dilated cardiomyopathy and heart failureAndreas Brieke
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Coron Artery Dis 16:5-11. 2005..Nevertheless, when these methods are employed, right ventricular dysfunction has been shown to be a powerful predictor of reduced exercise capacity and survival...
- Usefulness of magnetic resonance imaging dobutamine stress in asymptomatic and minimally symptomatic patients with decreased cardiac reserve from congenital heart disease (complete and corrected transposition of the great arteries and subpulmonic obstructIgor I Tulevski
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 89:1077-81. 2002..Dobutamine stress MRI may facilitate follow-up of RV (dys)function in patients with chronic RV pressure overload due to congenital heart disease...
- Potential role for sildenafil in the management of perioperative pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular dysfunction after cardiac surgeryB P Madden
Br J Anaesth 93:155-6. 2004
- Tetralogy of Fallot: influence of right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction on late outcomeN M Giannopoulos
Department of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, 356 Sygrou Avenue, 176 74 Kallithea, Athens, Greece
Int J Cardiol 97:87-90. 2004..Obviously, if careful study reveals specific modifiable factors predisposing to adverse late events (e.g. component of surgical technique), appropriate modification in surgical management may lead to improved late outcome...
- Regional right ventricular dysfunction in chronic pulmonary hypertensionVirginija Dambrauskaite
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1172-80. 2007..Therefore, there is an increasing interest for the assessment of RV function. This study aimed to evaluate the regional RV function in patients with PH by using ultrasonic strain rate imaging...
- Right ventricular dysfunction in asymptomatic diabetic patientsWojciech Kosmala
Department of Cardiology, Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland
Diabetes Care 27:2736-8. 2004
- High prevalence of right ventricular systolic dysfunction in early systemic sclerosisChristophe Meune
Department of Cardiology, Cochin Hospital, APHP, Paris V University, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 31:1941-5. 2004..To assess right ventricular (RV) function in patients with early systemic sclerosis (SSc) and the acute effects of calcium channel blockers on RV ejection fraction (RVEF)...
- Contraction pattern of the systemic right ventricle shift from longitudinal to circumferential shortening and absent global ventricular torsionEirik Pettersen
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo and Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:2450-6. 2007..The aim of the present study was to characterize the contraction pattern of the systemic right ventricle (RV)...
- Hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide in right ventricular myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shockIgnacio Inglessis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:793-8. 2004..We sought to determine whether or not inhaled nitric oxide (NO) could improve hemodynamic function in patients with right ventricular myocardial infarction (RVMI) and cardiogenic shock (CS)...
- B-type natriuretic peptide as an indicator of right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolismT Yardan
Ministry of Health, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Emergency Service, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Clin Pract 62:1177-82. 2008..The aim of present study was to evaluate the role of BNP in the diagnosis of the right ventricular (RV) dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- The short-term effects of digoxin in patients with right ventricular dysfunction from pulmonary hypertensionS Rich
The Rush Heart Institute, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612 3824, USA
Chest 114:787-92. 1998..We evaluated the short-term effects of digoxin administration in patients with primary pulmonary hypertension on hemodynamics, neurohormones, and baroreceptor responsiveness...
- The gene for arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy maps to chromosome 14q23-q24A Rampazzo
Department of Biology, University of Padua, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 3:959-62. 1994..The pre-symptomatic identification of ARVD carriers by linkage analysis in the affected families strongly increases the possibility of prevention of life-threatening complications...
- The associations between tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion (TAPSE), ventricular dyssynchrony, and ventricular interaction in heart failure patientsSaurabh Gupta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Room 4A100, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2401, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:766-71. 2008....
- Right ventricular dysfunction and pulmonary obstruction index at helical CT: prediction of clinical outcome during 3-month follow-up in patients with acute pulmonary embolismRutger W van der Meer
Department of General Internal Medicine, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Rm C1 R 43, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 235:798-803. 2005To retrospectively quantify right ventricular dysfunction (RVD) and the pulmonary artery obstruction index at helical computed tomography (CT) on the basis of various criteria proposed in the literature and to assess the predictive value ..
- RIGHT VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION AND TREATMENTMarc Semigran; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Assess the effects of acute and chronic pulmonary vasodilator and the subsequent decrease in wall stress on the activity of proteins which regulate myocyte apoptosis. ..
- RIGHT VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION AFTER PRESSURE OVERLOADClifford Greyson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Aromatase Inhibitors in Pulmonary Vascular Complications of Liver DiseaseSteven M Kawut; Fiscal Year: 2013..He heads a federally-funded research program based on the epidemiology and treatment of PVD and right ventricular dysfunction. He has also mentored more than twenty-nine trainees to success in patient-oriented research (POR), ..
- Genetic Analysis of Murine Chronic Hypoxia-Induced Pulmonary HypertensionWilliam C Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is widely recognized that right ventricular dysfunction plays a pivotal role in heart failure in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), ..
- TMS in the Management of Postoperative PainJeffrey J Borckardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..gastric-bypass surgery patients who tend to have respiratory problems (like obstructive sleep apnea), right ventricular dysfunction, pulmonary hypertension, and for whom post-operative vomiting could result in serious complications...
- Mechanisms of Right Ventricular Dysfunction in PAHDAVID ALAN KASS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Right Ventricular-Pulmonary Vascular Interactions in Pulmonary HypertensionNaomi C Chesler; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that proximal arterial stiffening is responsible for right ventricular dysfunction via inefficient hemodynamic interactions...
- 3D MRI-Based Modeling for Computer-Aided Right Ventricle Remodeling SurgeryDalin Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Right ventricular dysfunction developing late after congenital cardiac surgery is one of the most common causes of heart failure in adults with congenital heart disease...
- SYSTOLIC MECHANICS OF THE FAILING RIGHT VENTRICLEDonald Glower; Fiscal Year: 1999..ventricle, the effects of afterload upon right ventricular systolic function, interaction between right ventricular dysfunction and left ventricular contractility during right ventricular failure, and the influence of the ..
- RIGHT VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION AFTER PRESSURE OVERLOADClifford Greyson; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- ACHA Research Symposium Adult Congenital Heart DiseaseElyse Foster; Fiscal Year: 2006..The aims of the subsection on right ventricular dysfunction of the research symposium will be to thoroughly review current knowledge and to propose new research ..
- SIV Cardiomyopathy: Pathogenesis and PreventionRichard Shannon; Fiscal Year: 2007..lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia and pulmonary vasculopathy are observed and contribute to increased right ventricular dysfunction. We plan to explore both host and viral factors that lead to SIV transmission into the myocardium (SIV ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Controlled Reperfusion for Whole Body Ischemic InjuryGerald Buckberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this novel method of management is correct, the scheme of diagnosis and management of this almost always fatal cardiac arrest complex will change markedly. ..
- PO2 MODULATION OF NO AND ET1 IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Improved understanding of these endogenous vasoregulatory substances, their interactions with one another, and the effect of modest hypoxia in vivo are the major goals of this proposal and may lead to new therapeutic options. ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF VENTRICULAR ELECTRICAL REMODELINGPhilip Adamson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These clinically applicable interventions may modify the natural history of diseases, such as heart failure, characterized by ventricular electrical remodeling leading to a high risk for lethal arrhythmias. ..
- Norepinephrine and Nerve Growth Factor in Heart FailureChang Seng Liang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our research will not only elucidate the mechanisms responsible for noradrenergic nerve ending dysfunction, but also provide a potentially useful new modality for the treatment of heart failure. ..
- Physiologic Genomics of Pulmonary Hypertension & RVHSINA GHARIB; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, this mentored research career award will allow the PI to develop into an independent computational molecular biologist and pursue an academic research career in the physiologic genomics of the cardiopulmonary system. ..
- Tau Nitration in Alzheimer's PathogenesisMatthew Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this proposal, we will characterize the specific sites of T nitration in vitro and in situ, and determine the effects of nitration on T folding and function. ..
- Genetics of Pulmonary Hypertension in MiceKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIAC MAPPING OF VENTRICULAR DEFIBRILLATIONRaymond Ideker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is hoped that the basic knowledge gained about defibrillation mechanisms through these studies will lead to the improvement of defibrillation in patients. ..
- Effects of BMPRII Mutations in Pulmonary HypertensionKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will have also tested the role of four pulmonary cell types, smooth muscle, endothelium, airway epithelium and macrophages in the link between BMPR2 and pulmonary hypertension. ..
- MECHANISMS FOR MAINTENANCE OF VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATIONJack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project will develop single anld multisite pacing circuits and evaluate their performance using panoramic optical mapping of isolated perfused swine hearts. ..
- Exercice testing and training for HAART toxicityKATHY SIETSEMA; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 Grover Conference on the Pulmonary Circulation - Rho Family GTPasesKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ranch is an intimate setting that encourages interaction between scientists and clinicians. We are requesting funding to support travel and lodging for invited speakers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATION AND ITS ALTERATION BY PACINGRaymond E Ideker; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test the hypotheses that pacing from the dominant domain (1) captures the maximum amount of tissue during VF and (2) halts the most organized types of VF. ..
- COMPUTER ASSISTED MAPPING OF VENTRICULAR FIBRILLATIONRaymond Ideker; Fiscal Year: 2009..This understanding will give us new information needed to develop therapies to counteract these mechanisms of VF maintenance to prevent sudden cardiac arrest, one of the leading health problems in the world today. ..
- Cost Effectiveness of Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation (AF)Matthew Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once all of this data is collected, the necessary inputs will combined in a Markov model comparing AF ablation with antiarrhythmic drug therapy, and atrio-ventricular junctional ablation with pacemaker implantation. ..
- Biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation in COPDWilliam MacNee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such information will allow the identification of novel biomarkers and the fingerprints themselves may represent a mechanism to stratify COPD patients and allow the assessment of novel therapies. ..
- Autologous Cellular Therapy for Ventricular DysfunctionRobert Kormos; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..