Genomes and Genes
ventricular outflow obstruction
Summary: Occlusion of the ventricular outflow or inflow tract on either side of the heart. It may result from a congenital defect or predisposing heart disease, or as a complication of surgery or tumors of the heart or its vessels.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term effects of surgical septal myectomy on survival in patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathySteve R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:470-6. 2005..This study sought to determine the impact of surgical myectomy on long-term survival in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot assessed with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: detrimental role of right ventricular outflow aneurysms or akinesia and adverse right-to-left ventricular interactionPeriklis A Davlouros
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:2044-52. 2002....
- Unexplained hypotension: the spectrum of dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in critical care settingsAnand Chockalingam
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, MO, USA
Crit Care Med 37:729-34. 2009..To illustrate the clinical and hemodynamic abnormalities caused by dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO) in critical care setting...
- Biventricular response after pulmonary valve replacement for right ventricular outflow tract dysfunction: is age a predictor of outcome?Alessandra Frigiola
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Circulation 118:S182-90. 2008..We wanted to assess the determinants of improvement after PVR for pulmonary regurgitation over a wide range of patient ages and to use any identified predictors to compare clinical outcomes between patient groups...
- The V(2) transition ratio: a new electrocardiographic criterion for distinguishing left from right ventricular outflow tract tachycardia originBrian P Betensky
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:2255-62. 2011....
- American College of Cardiology/European Society of Cardiology clinical expert consensus document on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents and the European SBarry J Maron
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1687-713. 2003
- Short- and medium-term outcomes after transcatheter pulmonary valve placement in the expanded multicenter US melody valve trialDoff B McElhinney
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Mass 10032, USA
Circulation 122:507-16. 2010..The Melody valve was recently approved in the United States for placement in dysfunctional right ventricular outflow tract conduits...
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction secondary to catecholamine excess in a normal ventricleS Mingo
Int J Cardiol 112:393-6. 2006..We have met only one case reported in the literature matching those conditions. In order to treat this type of patients properly, it is essential to take in consideration this pathology...
- Current strategy of repair of tetralogy of Fallot in children and adults: emphasis on a new technique to create a monocusp-patch for reconstruction of the right ventricular outflow tractGuo Wei He
Medical College, Nankai University and TEDA International Cardiovascular Hospital, Tianjin, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Card Surg 23:592-9. 2008....
- Preoperative thresholds for pulmonary valve replacement in patients with corrected tetralogy of Fallot using cardiovascular magnetic resonanceThomas Oosterhof
Academic Medical Center, Department of Cardiology, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 116:545-51. 2007..To facilitate the optimal timing of pulmonary valve replacement, we analyzed preoperative thresholds of right ventricular (RV) volumes above which no decrease or normalization of RV size takes place after surgery...
- Unruptured aneurysm of the sinus of Valsalva presenting with right ventricular outflow obstructionRoy Thankachen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Tex Heart Inst J 30:152-4. 2003..and upon investigation was found to have an unruptured sinus of Valsalva aneurysm causing right ventricular outflow obstruction; there was an associated subaortic ventricular septal defect...
- Expanded polytetrafluoroethylene valved conduit and patch with bulging sinuses in right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionTakako Miyazaki
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Research Hospital, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:327-32. 2007..We designed a fan-shaped expanded polytetrafluoroethylene valved conduit and patch with bulging sinuses that create vortex flow, making them more reliable over the long term...
- Role of transcoronary ablation of septal hypertrophy in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, New York Heart Association functional class III or IV, and outflow obstruction only under provocable conditionsFrank H Gietzen
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, The Bielefeld Hospital, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Muenster, Bielefeld, Germany
Circulation 106:454-9. 2002..It remains a point of debate whether an outflow obstruction at rest is a necessary criterion for interventional therapy...
- Subaortic obstruction in univentricular heart: results using the double barrel Damus-Kaye Stansel operationAndrew C Fiore
Divisions of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:141-6. 2009..The purpose was to determine if PAB alters semilunar valve function after the double barrel DKS procedure and if this staged approach negatively influences the achievement of Fontan palliation...
- Effect of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction on clinical outcome in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyMartin S Maron
Division of Cardiology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 348:295-303. 2003..The influence of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction on the clinical outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy remains unresolved...
- Surgery insight: Septal myectomy for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy--the Mayo Clinic experienceJoseph A Dearani
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 4:503-12. 2007..These results should serve as a basis for comparison with newer nonsurgical treatment regimens...
- Valved bovine jugular vein conduits for right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction in children: an attractive alternative to pulmonary homograftJohn W Brown
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, James W Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5123, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:909-16. 2006..Recently a valve-containing bovine jugular vein (Contegra, Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, MN) was introduced for clinical trials for a variety of patients requiring RVOT reconstruction...
- Long-term outcome of alcohol septal ablation in patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a word of cautionFolkert J ten Cate
Departments of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Heart Fail 3:362-9. 2010..The impact of alcohol septal ablation (ASA)-induced scar is not known. This study sought to examine the long-term outcome of ASA among patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction without basal septal hypertrophy, caused by catecholamine therapy and volume depletionJi Hyun Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 23:106-9. 2008..The solution for this is early recognition and correction of aggravating factors such as, withdrawal of catecholamine therapy and volume replacement...
- Double-chambered right ventricle presenting in adulthoodD B McElhinney
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 70:124-7. 2000..This lesion typically presents in childhood or adolescence and is often accompanied by a ventricular septal defect. Only a handful of previous cases have been described in which double-chambered right ventricle occurred in adulthood...
- Anteroapical stunning and left ventricular outflow tract obstructionR P Villareal
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute/St Luke's Episcopal Hospital, 6624 Fannin, Suite 2480, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:79-83. 2001..The importance of this observation is that routine treatment of cardiogenic shock cannot be used and that conservative management results in excellent prognosis...
- Mitral valve abnormalities identified by cardiovascular magnetic resonance represent a primary phenotypic expression of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyMartin S Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Division of Cardiology, Tufts Medical Center, No 70, 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Circulation 124:40-7. 2011..Therefore, we applied cardiovascular magnetic resonance to characterize mitral valve morphology in a large HCM cohort...
- Controversies in cardiovascular medicine. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: alcohol septal ablationMichael A Fifer
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Eur Heart J 32:1059-64. 2011..Non-randomized comparisons of septal ablation and septal myectomy have shown similar mortality rates and post-procedure New York Heart Association class for the two procedures...
- Prevalence, clinical significance, and natural history of left ventricular apical aneurysms in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyMartin S Maron
Division of Cardiology, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachussetts 02111, USA
Circulation 118:1541-9. 2008..This study reports the prevalence, morphology, clinical course, and management of an underrecognized subgroup of HCM patients with left ventricular apical aneurysms...
- Controversies in cardiovascular medicine. Benefits of surgery in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: bring septal myectomy back for European patientsBarry J Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, 920 E 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Eur Heart J 32:1055-8. 2011..It is our aspiration that this discussion will generate reconsideration and resurgence of interest in surgical septal myectomy as a treatment option for severely symptomatic obstructive HCM patients within Europe...
- Left ventricular outflow obstruction in rhabdomyoma of infancy: meta-analysis of the literatureHenri A Verhaaren
Departments of Pediatrics and Cardiac Surgery, University and University Hospital of Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Pediatr 143:258-63. 2003..Recently, severe obstruction of the left ventricular outflow tract by a solitary tumor was diagnosed during pregnancy and emergency surgery was needed soon after birth...
- One hundred pulmonary valve replacements in children after relief of right ventricular outflow tract obstructionKirk R Kanter
Department of Surgery, and the Sibley Heart Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1801-6; discussion 1806-7. 2002..We reviewed our experience with PVR late after RVOT reconstruction...
- Case 1. Right ventricular outflow obstruction caused by metastatic hepatocellular carcinomaTzu Yu Lin
Department of Anesthesis and Surgery, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Oncol 22:1152-3. 2004
- Apical ballooning syndrome complicated by acute severe mitral regurgitation with left ventricular outflow obstruction--case reportManju D Chandrasegaram
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Cardiothorac Surg 2:14. 2007..The syndrome mimicks an acute myocardial infarction but is characterised by the absence of obstructive coronary disease. We describe a serious and poorly understood complication of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy...
- Effects of pulmonary valve replacement on QRS duration and right ventricular cavity size late after repair of right ventricular outflow tract obstructionAbdul R Doughan
Adult Congenital Cardiac Program, Emory University Hospital School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1511-4. 2005..93, p <0.0001) as well as after (r = 0.82, p <0.001) PVR. In patients with pulmonary regurgitation late after repair of RV outflow tract obstruction, PVR reduces maximal QRS duration with a concomitant decrease in RV volumes...
- Determination of timing for reoperation in patients after right ventricular outflow reconstructionShunji Kurotobi
Department of Developmental Medicine Pediatrics, Osaka University Graduate School, Osaka, Japan
Am J Cardiol 95:1344-50. 2005..These findings suggest that excess RV wall stress contributes to impaired RV performance. The RV stress-RVEF relation may be useful in assessing RV function and in establishing a surgical indication...
- The prognostic importance of left ventricular outflow obstruction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy varies in relation to the severity of symptomsCamillo Autore
Divisione di Cardiologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Ospedale Sant Andrea, Via Grottarossa 1035 1039, 00189 Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1076-80. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the prognostic importance of left ventricular (LV) outflow obstruction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is influenced by other predictors of morbidity and mortality...
- The effect of dobutamine stress on left ventricular outflow tract gradients in hypertensive patients with basal septal hypertrophyFatih Yalcin
Baskent University School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Medical and Research Center, Adana, Turkey
Angiology 55:295-301. 2004..This suggests dynamic ventricular ejection by stress may contribute to hypertrophy of the basal segment, which is the closest part of septum to increased afterload...
- Pulmonary valve endocarditis caused by right ventricular outflow obstruction in association with sinus of valsalva aneurysm: a case reportKatsufumi Nishida
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 3:46. 2008..We report the first case of a pulmonary valve nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis caused by right ventricular outlflow tract (RVOT) obstruction in association with a large sinus of Valsalva aneurysm...
- Management of univentricular heart with systemic ventricular outflow obstruction by pulmonary artery banding and Damus-Kaye-Stansel operationTakuya Miura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 77:23-8. 2004..To clarify the indication, the changes in the diameter of ventricular outflow tract and the feasibility of DKS operation before or with Fontan were investigated...
- Bovine valved venous xenografts for RVOT reconstruction: results after 71 implantationsThomas Breymann
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westfalia, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:703-10; discussion 710. 2002..Contegra, a bovine jugular vein graft, might be an interesting alternative to overcome these problems...
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is predominantly a disease of left ventricular outflow tract obstructionMartin S Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Division of Cardiology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Circulation 114:2232-9. 2006..We sought to prospectively define the prevalence, clinical profile, and significance of left ventricular (LV) outflow tract obstruction under resting conditions and with physiological exercise in a large HCM cohort...
- Long-term follow-up after percutaneous septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyH Seggewiss
Medizinische Klinik 1, Leopoldina Krankenhaus, Gustav Adolf Str 8, 97422, Schweinfurt, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:856-63. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the longterm follow-up results of percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA) in a large patient cohort...
- One-year follow-up of percutaneous septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy in 312 patients: predictors of hemodynamic and clinical responseL Faber
Department of Cardiology, Heart and Diabetes Center NRW, Ruhr University Bochum, GeorgStr 11, 32545, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:864-73. 2007....
- Formation of a stenotic fibrotic membrane at the distal anastomosis of bovine jugular vein grafts (Contegra) after right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionAlexander Kadner
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:285-6. 2004
- The bovine jugular vein: a totally integrated valved conduit to repair the right ventricular outflowThierry Carrel
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Berne, Switzerland
J Heart Valve Dis 11:552-6. 2002..An early experience with a totally integrated Contegra valved conduit derived from a bovine jugular vein is reported; this conduit has the advantage that there is no discontinuity between its lumen and the valve it incorporates...
- Sinus of valsalva aneurysm obstructing the right ventricular outflow tractPeter Rosenberger
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 102:1660-1. 2006
- Total relief of severe left ventricular outflow obstruction after spontaneous rupture of chordae tendineae in a patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyA Q Araujo
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Heart 91:e35. 2005..This case report highlights the role of the mitral valve apparatus in the genesis of obstruction in HCM, further stimulating surgical techniques in which mitral repair can be the main procedure...
- Understanding left ventricular outflow obstruction: anatomoechocardiographic correlationNilda Espinola-Zavaleta
Department of Echocardiography in Outpatient Clinic, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico City, Mexico
Congenit Heart Dis 1:161-8. 2006..Knowledge of the morphological details of each type of obstruction is the basis for correct interpretation of the diagnostic images and clinical decisions...
- Right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction using Contegra valved conduit: natural history and conduit performance under pressureSuhair O Shebani
Paediatric Cardiac Unit, Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Department, Birmingham Children s Hospital, B46LT Birmingham, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:397-405. 2006..To assess the performance of the bovine Contegra valved conduit used for right ventricular (RV) outflow tract reconstruction, particularly in relation to post-operative RV pressure...
- Use of bovine jugular vein to reconstruct the right ventricular outflow tract: early resultsYounes Boudjemline
Service de Cardiologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:490-7. 2003..We evaluate early results of bovine jugular vein conduits in the pulmonary outflow...
- Right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction with contegra monocuspid transannular patch in tetralogy of FallotBruno Chiappini
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, St Luc Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 83:185-7. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess whether Contegra valved bovine conduit, implanted as monocuspid transannular patch, might be an interesting alternative to overcome these problems...
- Catecholamine therapy inducing dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstructionJ Auer
Int J Cardiol 101:325-8. 2005..Early detection and intensive efforts to reverse the underlying conditions, including cessation of catecholamine therapy and correction of hypovolemia are essential...
- Early results of valved bovine jugular vein conduit for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionM Mert
Istanbul University, Institute of Cardiology, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Instanbul, Turkey
Int J Artif Organs 28:251-5. 2005..RVOT reconstruction by means of a conduit is often necessary in the majority of these patients in the early years of life and there are several proposed conduits for this purpose...
- Early results of using the bovine jugular vein for right ventricular outflow reconstruction during the Ross procedureHitendu Dave
University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Heart Surg Forum 6:390-2. 2003..To study the early function of the bovine jugular vein (BJV) when used for right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT) reconstruction during the Ross procedure...
- Safety of stress testing in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJeanne K Drinko
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9000 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:1443-4, A12. 2004..Two hundred sixty-three consecutive patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy underwent stress testing. Major complications occurred in 0.04% of patients and minor events occurred in 23%...
- New xenograft valved conduit (Contegra) for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionAndrew C Chatzis
Department of Paediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Centre, Athens, Greece
Heart Surg Forum 6:396-8. 2003..In this study, we describe our experience with a glutaraldehyde-treated bovine jugular vein valved conduit (Contegra)...
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction and sudden death risk in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPerry M Elliott
The Heart Hospital, University College London, 16 18 Westmoreland Street, London W1G 8PH, UK
Eur Heart J 27:1933-41. 2006..The influence of LVOTO on survival from SD in relation to other recognized clinical risk markers is unknown...
- Surgical versus alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: the pendulum swingsMagdi H Yacoub
Circulation 112:450-2. 2005
- Mitral systolic anterior motion (SAM) with dynamic left ventricular outflow obstruction following aortic valve replacementEdmund Kenneth Kerut
Heart Clinic of Louisiana, Marrero, Louisiana, Departments of Physiology and Pharmacology, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Echocardiography 24:658-60. 2007
- Percutaneous insertion of the pulmonary valvePhilipp Bonhoeffer
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1664-9. 2002..We report our experience of percutaneous valve insertion in pulmonary position in humans...
- Subvalvular left ventricular outflow obstruction for patients undergoing aortic valve replacement for aortic stenosis: echocardiographic recognition and identification of patients at riskDavid S Bach
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1155-62. 2005..Concomitant valvular and subvalvular left ventricular outflow obstruction was first hypothesized in 1957, and identified and further characterized in the 1960s, before the ..
- Obstruction of the right ventricular outflow tract caused by a tuberculoma in a patient with ventricular septal defect and aneurysm of the membranous septumC L Santos
Heart Institute of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Cardiol Young 9:509-11. 1999..The obstruction was discovered at surgery and the tuberculous aetiology was only demonstrated histologically. To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report of a tuberculoma of the heart associated with congenital heart disease...
- [Dynamic left ventricular obstruction associated with a pheochromocytoma reversible after tumor ablation]B Gallet
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Victor-Dupouy, 69, rue du Lieutenant-Colonel-Prudhon, 95107 Argenteuil
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 94:1195-8. 2001..The removal of the pheochromocytoma is usually followed by the complete regression of left intraventricular obstruction, as in this case...
- Early results of valved bovine jugular vein conduit versus bicuspid homograft for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionThierry Bove
Cardiac Unit, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants Reine Fabiola, U L B V U B, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 74:536-41; discussion 541. 2002..Recently, a valve-containing segment of bovine jugular vein (Contegra, Medtronic Inc, Minneapolis, MN) has been introduced as a potential alternative conduit...
- Aspergillus endocarditis: a case of near complete left ventricular outflow obstructionRizwan Q Attia
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 14:894-6. 2012..We discuss the clinical difficulties in managing patients with fungal infective endocarditis and present a brief review of cardiac aspergillosis management...
- Beneficial effect of dual-chamber pacing for a left mid-ventricular obstruction with apical aneurysmHiroyuki Watanabe
The 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 66:981-4. 2002..Such findings by continuous wave Doppler can be useful in pacing therapy for evaluating changes in the severity of mid-ventricular obstruction...
- Deep sternal wire infection resulting in severe pulmonary valve endocarditisSekar S Bhavani
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1111-3. 2006....
- Adverse mid-term outcome following RVOT reconstruction using the Contegra valved bovine jugular veinVolkhard Göber
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, Berne, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 79:625-31. 2005..was introduced as an alternative xenograft tissue for RVOT reconstruction. Promising early hemodynamic and clinical results have been reported so far, but still less is known about mid-term adverse outcome...
- The Contegra bovine valved jugular vein conduit for pediatric RVOT reconstruction: 4 years experience with 108 patientsThomas Breymann
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Hannover Medical University, Hannover, Germany
J Card Surg 19:426-31. 2004..The study gives the preliminary results from a controlled prospective multicenter trial aiming at FDA admission...
- Echocardiographic correlates of left ventricular outflow obstruction and systolic anterior motion following mitral valve repairP M Shah
Hoag Heart Institute, Newport Beach, CA 92658-6100, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 10:302-6. 2001BACKGROUND AND AIM OF THE STUDY: Systolic anterior motion (SAM) of the mitral valve resulting in left ventricular outflow obstruction is a well-recognized complication of repair of the degenerative myxomatous mitral valve...
- Corrected tetralogy of Fallot: delayed enhancement in right ventricular outflow tractThomas Oosterhof
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 237:868-71. 2005....
- Comparison of dual-chamber pacing with nonsurgical septal reduction effect in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyP Petkow Dimitrow
Institute of Cardiology, Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Int J Cardiol 94:31-4. 2004..The aim of the study was to compare the influence of dual-chamber pacing vs. nonsurgical septal reduction on hemodynamic and morphological parameters in patients with obstructive form of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: mechanism of obstruction and response to therapyDanita M Yoerger
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 4:199-215. 2003....
- Septal myectomy, papillary muscle resection, and mitral valve replacement for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: a case reportJunichiro Takahashi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Aishin Memorial Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 14:258-62. 2008....
- [Percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation: early results and long-term follow-up]Łukasz Tekieli
Klinika Chorób Serca i Naczyń, Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im Jana Pawła II, Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Collegium Medicum, Krakow
Przegl Lek 63:628-32. 2006..The aim of our study was to analyze early results, complications and long-term follow-up in patients after PTSMA...
- Treating hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: two viewsLisa Salberg
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2146; author reply 2146-7. 2005
- Mechanisms for recurrent left ventricular outflow tract obstruction after septal myectomy for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyKenji Minakata
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:851-6. 2005..However, in a few patients, left ventricular outflow tract obstruction may recur and require repeat myectomy. We reviewed this subset of patients to assess the mechanisms of recurrence...
- The prognostic impact of septal myectomy in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyHugh Watkins
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:477-9. 2005
- A case series of myectomy: a review of its current application as an adjunct procedureGunaratnam Niranjan
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
J Card Surg 23:391-3. 2008..The primary conditions requiring treatment were subaortic membrane, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy with mitral valve regurgitation, and aortic stenosis...
- Obstruction of left ventricular outflow tract after mechanical mitral valve replacementQingyu Wu
Heart Center, First Hospital of Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1789-91. 2008..The patient had an uneventful postoperative recovery, and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction disappeared on postoperative transthoracic echocardiography...
- Successful alcohol septal ablation for late recurrence of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction after surgical myectomy in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyFiona Tromp
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 63:271-5. 2008..Mitral valve regurgitation was significantly reduced. This case nicely illustrates the feasibility of percutaneous alcohol septal ablation for recurrent LVOT obstruction 10 years after myectomy...
- An unexpected unsuccessful weaning from cardiopulmonary bypassGabriele Via
Department of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, 1st Service of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Pavia, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:242-4. 2004
- Catheter-based septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: follow-up results of the TASH-registry of the German Cardiac SocietyL Faber
Kardiologische Klinik Herz und Diabeteszentrum NRW, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Georgstrasse 11, 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:516-23. 2005..An analysis of the acute results has already been published. We now report on the mid-term course (3-6 months) of 242 pts. registered through September 1999...
- Left ventricular outflow tract obstruction after mitral valve replacementPrabhat Tewari
Department of Anaesthesia Trent Cardiac Centre, Nottingham University Hospital Trust, City Hospital Campus, Hucknall Road NG5 1PB, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Anesth Analg 106:65-6. 2008
- Utility of isoproterenol to provoke outflow tract gradients in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyAhmad Elesber
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:516-20. 2008..In conclusion, cardiac catheterization with isoproterenol challenge may identify patients with HC who may benefit from septal reduction therapy for whom the initial noninvasive evaluation does not show severe obstruction...
- Risk factors for early death and reoperation following biventricular repair of pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septumJonah Odim
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 62 226B Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:659-65. 2006..Since a functional right ventricle is desirable when repairing pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum, we sought to determine the factors that portend a successful biventricular repair in these children...
- The Lecompte maneuver for relief of airway compression in absent pulmonary valve syndromeLars Nolke
Pediatric Heart Center, UCSF Children s Hospital, San Francisco, California, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1802-7. 2006..Surgical mortality rates as high as 16% to 56% have been reported. Here, we describe the surgical results using the Lecompte maneuver, reduction pulmonary arterioplasty, and a valved right ventricle to pulmonary artery (RV-PA) conduit...
- The optimal procedure for the great arteries and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction. An anatomical studyMark Hazekamp
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:879-87. 2007..To describe the optimal surgical strategy in heart specimens with transposition of the great arteries (TGA) and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO)...
- Evaluation of 188 consecutive homografts implanted in pulmonary position after 20 yearsDietmar Boethig
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:133-42. 2007..Their long-term durability is limited, and alternatives became available. We evaluate their long-term hemodynamic performance to permit comparisons with alternative devices...
- A case report of surgical septal myectomy of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with concomitant left ventricular outflow tract and mid-ventricular obstructionsNiyazi Guler
Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic, Yuzuncu Yil University, 65200 Van, Turkey
J Card Surg 21:591-3; discussion 593. 2006..Control Doppler echocardiograms revealed no left ventricular outflow tract gradient, although mid-ventricular gradient was persistent. The good results were still present 18 months after the operation...
- Long-term results of the Konno procedure for complex left ventricular outflow tract obstructionRakesh M Suri
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1064-71. 2006..This study was undertaken to determine long-term clinical and echocardiographic outcomes after the Konno procedure...
- Alcohol septal ablation after failed surgical myectomyDominique Joyal
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:999-1002. 2007....
- [Alcohol ablation of the interventricular septum in a patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy complicated by an increase in the pressure gradient in the left ventricular outflow tract. A case report]Wojciech Płazak
Klinika Chorób Serca i Naczyń, Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im Jana Pawła II, ul Pradnicka 80, 31 202 Krakow
Kardiol Pol 64:989-93. 2006..The patient underwent urgent surgery (myectomy), followed by the mitral valve replacement with a favourable outcome...
- Pressure gradient response after alcohol septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyJosef Veselka
Kardiol Pol 64:1161-2; author reply 1162. 2006
- Does myectomy convey survival benefit in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?Anna Woo
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Heart Fail Clin 3:275-88. 2007..They examine the outcomes of obstructive HCM in patients after surgical versus conservative therapy. In addition, they review the studies that have compared other techniques to surgery for the management of obstructive HCM...
- Surgical strategies and outcomes in patients with Shone complex: a retrospective reviewJames D St Louis
The Children s Medical Center at the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 4040, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1357-62; discussion 1362-3. 2007..The formulation of an appropriate operative strategy remains problematic. Surgical outcomes have generally been poor. This review examines operative strategies and mid-term outcomes...
- A patient with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy presenting with left ventricular apical ballooning syndromeWissam A Jaber
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, The Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, S W, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:510-2. 2006
- Predominant, severe right ventricular outflow tract obstruction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyR Krecki
II Chair of Cardiology, Medical University of Lodz, Bieganski Hospital, Kniaziewicza 1 5, 91 347 Lodz, Poland
Circulation 116:e551-3. 2007
- Current effectiveness and risks of isolated septal myectomy for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyNicholas G Smedira
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:127-33. 2008..However, it is being challenged by a less-invasive alternative: alcohol septal ablation. This study examined the clinical effectiveness and risks of isolated septal myectomy for HOCM...
- Double-chambered right ventricle in an adult with Noonan syndromeAnshul M Patel
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cardiol Rev 14:e16-20. 2006..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a double-chambered right ventricle in an adult patient with Noonan syndrome...
- Delayed systolic anterior motion after mitral valve repairGiuseppe Rescigno
Cardiovascular Department, Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 15:512-4. 2006..Subsequently, mitral valve replacement was required. This case demonstrates the importance of the LV geometrical relationships that predispose to this complication...
- Hybrid pulmonary valve implantation: injection of a self-expanding tissue valve through the main pulmonary arterySven Dittrich
Department of Congenital Heart Disease, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 85:632-4. 2008..The stented valve was fixed with three single sutures to avoid embolization. The interventional result was well with full competence of the valve. The boy was discharged at day 4 after the procedure...
- Accessory mitral valve causing left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in an adultMasahiro Okada
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Hospital Organization, Okayama Medical Center, 1711 1 Tamasu, Okayama, Okayama 701 1192, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:77-80. 2008..Evaluations revealed that the left ventricular outflow tract obstruction was caused by the accessory mitral valve. The patient underwent a successful operation for removal of the accessory mitral valve...
- The role of echocardiography in mitral valve dysfunction after repairR L Quigley
Cardiothoracic Division, Department of Surgery, Frankford Hospitals, Torresdale Campus, Jefferson Health System, Philadelphia, PA 19114, USA
Minerva Cardioangiol 55:239-46. 2007..Intraoperative TEE is extremely valuable in evaluating the competency of the mitral valve following repair. In fact the results of this modality have a predictive valve in determining long-term outcomes in these patients...
- Beyond extended myectomy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the resection-plication-release (RPR) repairSandhya K Balaram
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10025, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:217-23. 2005..We sought to investigate the medium-term success of this three-step repair that addresses all aspects of complex HCM pathology...
- MECHANISM OF VENTRICULAR OUTFLOW OBSTRUCTION IN IHSSRobert Levine; Fiscal Year: 1991..The knowledge to be gained from these studies could help us tailor therapy for this complex and vexing clinical problem...
- US Prostate Cancer Detection with Dutasteride PretreatmentEthan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multidisciplinary Study of Right Ventricular DysplasiaJeffrey Towbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..This integrated research grant proposal offers a substantial prospect of expanding the fund of clinical knowledge regarding ARVD and of localizing the gene(s) responsible for this disorder. ..
- Pediatric Thin-Film TiNi Catheter-Based Heart ValveDaniel Levi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II studies will focus on accelerated wear testing, long-term in vivo animal testing, and manufacturing issues. ..
- Bridge to neonatal Fontan repair of single ventricleMark Rodefeld; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Congenital Left-sided Heart DefectsKim McBride; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will launch the applicant on an independent research career, providing a base on which to advance genetic analyses of CCVM with the aim to reduce their occurrence and provide new treatment opportunities. ..